Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Semi-famous or notable people you know

Just wondering if you know of anyone like this - if you live near/work with/wait on/see them every day.

I don't want to be mean and say D-listers or the like, but I'm not talking A listers.

by Anonymousreply 11December 7, 2022 7:56 PM

I'll start, she's what made me think of this thread.

I live near a woman who was one of a few wives of a very famous bestselling author. I had no idea - she lives modestly in a home not far from mine and I see her out walking her very adorable little dog once a week or so.

by Anonymousreply 1December 7, 2022 12:06 AM

An acclaimed author, as well as a man famous for throwing his wife out a Park Avenue window to her death both worked for the company I worked for in the late 80s/early 90s.

I also knew (in passing) the guy who played Johnnycakes on The Sopranos.

My mother was friendly with the author of The Book of Runes.

by Anonymousreply 2December 7, 2022 12:15 AM

Melissa Errico… her initials say it all about her personality, ME!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 7, 2022 12:30 AM

New York Times writer Alex Kuczynski… famous within a small New York circle… and famously batshit crazy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4December 7, 2022 12:39 AM

Know or knew?

I dropped them all or they dropped me. Time goes on and they're boring. Always the same story.

by Anonymousreply 5December 7, 2022 12:40 AM

I guess the word "know" added some confusion. It doesn't mean you are necessarily friends R5, just means you and them share some level of existence or cross paths.

by Anonymousreply 6December 7, 2022 1:55 AM

My stepdads best friend stalked Sheryl Crow does that count?

by Anonymousreply 7December 7, 2022 2:30 AM

This is boring - not to mention pointless - without names, OP.

by Anonymousreply 8December 7, 2022 2:54 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9December 7, 2022 2:07 PM

I forgot the Fail gets the message at R9.

Anyway, my post at r9 was the person I mentioned at R1.

R8 has spoken - reveal names, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 10December 7, 2022 2:08 PM

Cate Blanchett and her husband used to live in the neighbouring suburb.

I once saw him stride purposefully into my local gourmet grocery store only to buy regular full cream milk and leave.

That was confusing, as it’s identical stuff you would buy at the big chain supermarket next door, only more expensive.

by Anonymousreply 11December 7, 2022 7:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!