Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

My eldergay friend has been snatched by a 30 year old illegal Vietnamese grifter

I’m worried about an acquaintance of mine I’ve known for several years. He’s 67 and retired. Somehow he has met this 30 year old guy from Vietnam who seems like a boatload of problems (no pun intended). They recently met and almost immediately, the Vietnamese guy was pressuring my friend into marrying him, buying him a phone and adding a new line to his phone plan, and co-signing a car loan and adding him to his insurance.

He was telling me about everything this Vietnamese guy was asking for and said it made him uneasy. He also said that the guy has a visa but the story seems shady, which is clearly why he wants to get married so quickly, because he’s illegal.

I told my friend to dump this shithead, and he keeps changing his mind, saying he’s going to break it off and then sticking with him. And I finally told him “if you’re too dumb to see that this is going to end very badly, then I can’t help you. After all what 30 year old falls head over heels in love with a 67 year old?” That must be some good pussy to risk financial ruin.

by Anonymousreply 93December 10, 2022 10:54 PM

I have a friend who has a friend who was equally deluded about a Filipino girl he moved to be with.

They broke up, obviously, since she didn't want to sleep with him. Such an idiot, that guy, but still pretty lucky.

Tell your friend he's going to and up dead.

by Anonymousreply 1December 6, 2022 7:58 AM

A rentboy would be cheaper in the long run.

by Anonymousreply 2December 6, 2022 8:06 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 6, 2022 8:09 AM

Don't be so judgmental

by Anonymousreply 4December 6, 2022 8:18 AM

good luck to your friend. he might end up dead, you should check up on him once in a while.

by Anonymousreply 5December 6, 2022 8:38 AM

So what does this Vietnamese guy do for a living?

by Anonymousreply 6December 6, 2022 8:39 AM

R6 Nails.

by Anonymousreply 7December 6, 2022 8:46 AM

Call your elder abuse hotline

by Anonymousreply 8December 6, 2022 2:07 PM

OP this will definitely end in tears.

by Anonymousreply 9December 6, 2022 2:09 PM

It's true love. And he will love you long time

by Anonymousreply 10December 6, 2022 2:13 PM

Wait I'm so confused. Is the Viatnamese an FTM. How does they have a pussy?

by Anonymousreply 11December 6, 2022 2:19 PM

Ugh, please don't let this happen to me when I get old and gross. I'd rather be alone with my money and my cats than be sucked in to some mail-order Asian Ladyboy stereotype.

When I was in college, I worked part-time for the Golden Arches. We had this Thai crone who worked for us as our dedicated fry person. No one else could touch her fry station during her shift. She was 200 years old, smoked in the kitchen, and probably knew her way around a manicure kit. Anyway, Lum Pi noticed that I had my own car and knew how to tie a necktie, so she started handing me photos of her various nieces and cousins back in the old country. She said I should be their pen pals and teach them English, and they'd love to befriend an American man with a college degree.

The manager got wind of this and took me aside. She explained that Lum Pi was a war bride after Vietnam, and married some gross old fat fuck who had a lot of brothers and hillbilly friends. One by one, Lum Pi brought over sisters and cousins to marry these lumps of shit, and by this point, their entire trailer park was overrun with fat little half-Thai children and grandchildren. She said Lum Pi was always looking to broker another overseas marriage to help out some other relative. She said to stay away. We both had to tell the old bat that I was a HUGE homosexual and not interested in her fat nieces, but she persisted until the manager had to "punish" her somehow.

by Anonymousreply 12December 6, 2022 2:28 PM

R11/R12 He’s not an FTM. It’s just an expression. My friend did tell me that the guy has very nice ass, but I saw his picture and the face isn’t great. So it must be one hell of an ass.

by Anonymousreply 13December 6, 2022 3:41 PM

R13 When you're 67 and they're 30, the ass doesn't even have to be that good. It just has to be eager, tight, and willing to see you naked.

by Anonymousreply 14December 6, 2022 3:49 PM

[quote]the manager had to "punish" her somehow

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 15December 6, 2022 3:52 PM

[quote]We both had to tell the old bat that I was a HUGE homosexual and not interested in her fat nieces, but she persisted until the manager had to "punish" her somehow.

Didn't she have any fat nephews?

by Anonymousreply 16December 6, 2022 3:59 PM

If the guy is here illegally then it won’t matter if they get married or not.

Only people here on work visas can marry a citizen and have their immigration status adjusted in America. If you’re here on a travel visa it’s possible, but unlikely, that you can marry and get a green card without returning home for interviews there. If you’re here illegally, more than 180 days, you must travel to your country of origin and apply there. You will first have to serve a ban on traveling to the US for entering the country illegally or overstaying your visa, often five years, before you apply for a direct relative green card.

by Anonymousreply 17December 6, 2022 4:02 PM

Back home in PA, I had a landlord who was old, gay, mostly closeted, and hard core PA Dutch, with the heavy accompanying accent. He was cheap as the day is long, as many PA Dutch are. But he was corresponding practically hourly online with some young man from Thailand to whom he had already sent at least 50K to move him to Pennsylvania.

What a dumb fuck! By the time I moved out (six months later), the Thai guy hadn't yet shown up (something about "visa problems," doncha know) and my landlord was still sending him money. The landlord was a real prick to me, so I thought this was hilarious. This was back in 2012, so I don't know and don't care how the story ended.

by Anonymousreply 18December 6, 2022 4:02 PM

R16 She probably did, but Lum Pi was a simple woman who probably didn't really understand homosexuality. And her redneck husband wouldn't explain it decently, I reckon.

And at the time, corn-holers like us couldn't get legally married. There was still a Texan in the White House, and the Black fella was only just starting to seriously run for president.

by Anonymousreply 19December 6, 2022 4:06 PM

I hope his home is at least spotless.

by Anonymousreply 20December 6, 2022 4:09 PM

I had a friend that was the victim of such a situation. I say "had" because he ghosted me and all of his friends over it. It is very sad.

This friend arrived to our regular coffee get-togethers just beaming and on cloud nine one day, exclaiming he'd met someone and was very excited. The more he spoke the clearer it became: this "someone" was an illegal immigrant who was about to be deported. Friend was trying to figure out how he could help his new love, and at least had the sense to say he wasn't going to marry him... and two weeks later he married him. We all inquired if they had signed a prenup and, of course, the answer was no.

First it was the deportation issue, so friend spent (to friend group's best estimate) about $20,000 on the wedding and honeymoon, plus an untold sum on immigration attorneys. Then immigrant husband's substance abuse issues came to fore, and friend spent another $50,000 on rehab. Of course there was the wardrobe refresh and a lease on a new BMW, so there went another $50,000. Then immigrant's "brother" needed help, so friend paid for his flight, his immigration attorneys, put the "brother" up in one of friend's apartments (which meant the $2500 a month he previously collected in rent was never a question), and then, mysteriously, "brother" disappeared right after friend was burglarized (to the tune of $100,000 in stolen jewelry, art pieces and other valuables, which the insurance company fought and fought but eventually friend's attorney coerced them into covering).

It was at the point of the burglary that we sat friend down and showed him how his immigrant husband was robbing him blind. I'm sure that there was far more to the losses that friend suffered; he'd grown tired of our meddling and stopped telling us of his woes. We kept trying to point out to him that he wasn't happy in the relationship, that the immigrant husband spent more time with his "brother" than he did with friend, and that the burglary was just too coincidental to not be the "brother" in cahoots with the immigrant husband. Who else knew where the expensive pieces of jewelry were and most obviously, the precious and prized artifact that friend had cherished for decades? Even the police had told friend that it was an inside job. But no, it couldn't possibly be the immigrant husband's "brother" because (wait for it...) he was out of the country visiting their family (without a passport). Friend grew incensed that we were pointing fingers, and that was it; he ghosted our entire group.

The house went up for sale about a year and a half later. We don't know if the immigrant husband was still in the picture; neither he nor (former) friend had been seen in the usual haunts for months. The "brother" had gotten wrapped up in drugs, been caught trying to sell them, convicted and sentenced to something like 15 years according to the reports in our local news. We surmised that our former friend's immigrant husband was also involved but friend had bankrolled his defense resulting in the sale of his home.

We have no idea where our former friend is or what happened.

by Anonymousreply 21December 6, 2022 4:46 PM

R21 This shit belongs on its own reality series.

If they can do show about 90-Day Fiancés, why not show the tail end of those bullshit scams?

by Anonymousreply 22December 6, 2022 5:01 PM

R21 Was it a Filipino guy?

by Anonymousreply 23December 6, 2022 5:07 PM

OP "He was telling me about everything this Vietnamese guy was asking for and said it made him uneasy"

Does your friend have a spine?

by Anonymousreply 24December 6, 2022 5:12 PM

Preach R12!

I'd sooner die lonely, banging a busted out fleshlight, and blow my money on crap for myself than some grifter who can't pronounce 'desperation' but sure knows how to spot it.

by Anonymousreply 25December 6, 2022 5:12 PM

these kind of people have all kinds of sob stories, their mom or dad or grandparents are ill and they have to send money back to their home country etc etc. all fake shit.

by Anonymousreply 26December 6, 2022 5:18 PM

Sounds like they're both using each other. But It doesn't sound healthy.

by Anonymousreply 27December 6, 2022 5:20 PM

A tale as old as time.

by Anonymousreply 28December 6, 2022 5:20 PM

It's not even always old men who fall for this. In the 2000s there was a 60 Minutes story about a young U.S. airman murdered by his Filipino wife's lover or brother. The story highlighted the difficulty of solving a crime in a foreign country.

by Anonymousreply 29December 6, 2022 5:36 PM

I agree, R22, but I don't know which network would bankroll a story so obvious from the outset.

No, immigrant husband is Hispanic, R23.

by Anonymousreply 30December 6, 2022 5:53 PM

R2 nailed it. If he wants to spend money getting some attention from an attractive young guy just hire a rent boy.

by Anonymousreply 31December 6, 2022 6:01 PM

If the grifter is 30, your friend should receive a discount. I think the going rate of reduction is 5% for every year over age 21 but less than 25 and 10% for every year over age 25. By age 33 the grifter needs to pay.

by Anonymousreply 32December 6, 2022 6:56 PM

Have the Aussie cops pull him over!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33December 6, 2022 7:09 PM

You can't purchase foreigners and expect them to love you for who you are. Go in with a clear head.

by Anonymousreply 34December 6, 2022 7:28 PM

A female acquaintance of mine married a middle-aged man. That guy apparently had a much younger male Filipino lover. Over time the younger guy exerted great influence on the older one.

Together, they plotted to kill my acquaintance and her elderly mother and then run away with the women's money. They succeeded in shooting and killing the two women but were caught about a week later. I think the plan was to escape to another country but they were caught before they could.

by Anonymousreply 35December 6, 2022 7:49 PM

The closet kills!

by Anonymousreply 36December 6, 2022 7:51 PM

R35 Jesus! More details please.

by Anonymousreply 37December 6, 2022 8:04 PM

[quote]Does your friend have a spine?

No. He was the illegitimate son of Lisa Loopner's father.

by Anonymousreply 38December 6, 2022 8:18 PM

I have always found that older gay white men who end up with much younger immigrant Asian men (or straight older white men who end up with young Asian immigrant women) are defective in some way. Either they are quirky and not too bright, or fat and ugly, or they have some irritating personality that is too much to handle. And most of these much younger Asian guys they end up with are fucking hideous.

I myself am partnered with a guy from the Philippines, but I point out three things: 1, he’s about my age, 2, he was already a US citizen when we met, and 3, he’s very well assimilated, meaning he doesn’t have to eat rice with every goddam meal. Interestingly he told me once that he refuses to date other Filipinos because most of them are users. Coming from him, that’s really saying something.

by Anonymousreply 39December 7, 2022 5:11 AM

R39 Some people will do ANYTHING to escape poverty.

by Anonymousreply 40December 7, 2022 11:52 AM

[quote] I have always found that older gay white men who end up with much younger immigrant Asian men (or straight older white men who end up with young Asian immigrant women) are defective in some way.

It's more often that gay older white men are rejected by gay younger white men. Also, that as they grow older, white men are more open to expanding their sexual horizons to other races.

by Anonymousreply 41December 7, 2022 4:13 PM

[quote] I myself am partnered with a guy from the Philippines, but I point out three things: 1, he’s about my age, 2, he was already a US citizen when we met, and 3, he’s very well assimilated, meaning he doesn’t have to eat rice with every goddam meal. Interestingly he told me once that he refuses to date other Filipinos because most of them are users. Coming from him, that’s really saying something.

"Well assimilated" means not eating rice with every meal? You sound like real intellectual.

by Anonymousreply 42December 7, 2022 4:14 PM

[quote] Interestingly he told me once that he refuses to date other Filipinos because most of them are users

LOL--you apparently haven't heard of "sticky rice." Asian Americans don't tend to date other Asian Americans generally. And yes you are being used.

by Anonymousreply 43December 7, 2022 4:15 PM

R42 Agreed. This queen sounds like a quasi-racist who goes out of his way to deny it by using his partner as a racial prop.

"Most Filipino men are unemployable pieces of shit, but I married one of the good ones! He even eats like a white guyI'm not racist!!!!!"

by Anonymousreply 44December 7, 2022 4:16 PM

I hope you signed a pre-nup R39.

by Anonymousreply 45December 7, 2022 4:17 PM

When the husbear and I went to our civil status interview in Switzerland (I'm Spanish, he's Swiss) a very old hobbling Swiss guy walked in with his new Philippina wife who looked like a teenager.

We smiled at each other because that's some ballsy shit to try to pull in Switzerland. Authorities were all over it. I doubt the young girl obtained legal residence.

by Anonymousreply 46December 7, 2022 4:27 PM

Gay or straight, there really is no fool like an old fool.

by Anonymousreply 47December 7, 2022 4:38 PM

r46 En inglés, se escribe "Filipina." (O 'pinay.')

by Anonymousreply 48December 7, 2022 4:52 PM

you have to watch out for the Filipinos. they are thieves. many of them work as live in maids in Asia and middle east. Things go missing all the time but you can never find them in their rooms because they store the stolen goods in their friends' rooms, in other houses. they mail off the valuable stuff back to their home country while their employers are at work during the day.

That's what a friend from college told me, she had these maids growing up, it's very common.

by Anonymousreply 49December 7, 2022 5:00 PM

As I said - older gay men go for Gay Asians, because Gay Asians number one requirement for a boyfriend

Is if they are white, no matter what the age, no matter what the person looks like

I always tells white guys, if you want a boyfriend - just go Asian

and you will NEVER be lonely again

by Anonymousreply 50December 7, 2022 5:13 PM

R42/R44 If you’ve ever been around large numbers of Filipino immigrants and know anything about them, which I assume you don’t, there are a great many of them who absolutely refuse to step outside of their own world. They will only eat Filipino food (or at least some kind of asian food), only want Filipino friends, only watch Filipino TV shows, etc. You can easily identify these types by showing up at their Thanksgiving gathering, as you will see no Thanksgiving food, but only Filipino food. My partner’s family is like this.

There’s another type of Filipino immigrant, which my partner and his friends are. They have one foot in their own world and one foot in America. They are open to being friends with Americans and are well assimilated. They like Filipino food but don’t have to eat it 3 times a day.

by Anonymousreply 51December 7, 2022 5:14 PM

Oh, my, r52, there are now two ways Filipinos are? Mind blown.

by Anonymousreply 52December 7, 2022 5:17 PM

Good to see you, Mr. Go Asian. Always a pleasure.

by Anonymousreply 53December 7, 2022 5:23 PM

[quote]It's more often that gay older white men are rejected by gay younger white men.

Of course they could stop desperately NEEDING a much younger guy, but that is no doubt out of the question.

by Anonymousreply 54December 7, 2022 5:23 PM

I know an White guy who recently divorced his Asian husband of 18 years to marry a Chinese guy half his age. I think it is pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 55December 7, 2022 5:29 PM

R55 it is pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 56December 7, 2022 5:31 PM

OP, is your friend a writer and lived in San Diego for a while?

by Anonymousreply 57December 7, 2022 6:42 PM

R57 No.

by Anonymousreply 58December 7, 2022 6:45 PM

Rice Queen Pays Price For Filipino Scheme-Teen, Despite In-laws Nosy Advice to Think Twice!

by Anonymousreply 59December 7, 2022 7:50 PM

R41 yes it's painfully obvious that a lot of older white men are pining after men out of their league - mainly young white men.

They won't date men their own age and young white men don't want them so they go for young ethnic guys.

by Anonymousreply 60December 8, 2022 3:27 AM

I’ve heard from more than one Filipino friend of mine (and I’ve had several in the last 15 years, mostly from work—and I have no idea why there was such a high concentration of them at this workplace), that Filipinos are, at least in their homeland, rather …demanding of distant family members, acquaintances, etc., hitting them up for money constantly. It’s part of the culture, is how it was explained to me.

I’ve never personally known any of the “fresh off the boat” types who refuse to assimilate. All my Filipino-American friends have all been normal and mostly adorable, even the schizophrenic one.

by Anonymousreply 61December 8, 2022 4:08 AM

Older men thinking showering younger men with gifts and money will equal a fair true relationship is a paradox as old as time…

by Anonymousreply 62December 8, 2022 12:35 PM

Why is the stereotype always about gross white Americans and slinky little Asian sexpots? Where's all the Black action?

Is there never an eldergay - or a fat woman - who imports a hung lover from Jamaica or Cameroon?

by Anonymousreply 63December 9, 2022 3:05 AM

[quote]Is there never an eldergay - or a fat woman - who imports a hung lover from Jamaica or Cameroon?

... or DARFUR?

by Anonymousreply 64December 9, 2022 3:09 AM

R64 They're surely too skinny and malnourished to give a good fuck, though

by Anonymousreply 65December 9, 2022 3:12 AM

R63 You might enjoy this film

(serious recommendation actually, it's very good)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66December 9, 2022 3:59 AM

Me luv yew long time!

by Anonymousreply 67December 9, 2022 7:25 PM

I had a friend with an Asian lover. The Asian was smart and on his way to doing great things (he also thought so highly of himself), but apparently in bed, he was a completely passive bottom. He would just lay there and expect to get fucked.

by Anonymousreply 68December 9, 2022 7:41 PM

Filipinos can assimilate easily because their country is very Americanized. They’re all super Catholic, they eat with a fork and spoon, no chop sticks. Every one I’ve known in NYC eats pizza just like the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 69December 9, 2022 8:01 PM

Do they love you long time?

by Anonymousreply 70December 9, 2022 8:05 PM

But they shit in a weird way R69. Squatty style.

by Anonymousreply 71December 9, 2022 8:09 PM

R39 Filipinos are not regular Asians. They be fine as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 72December 9, 2022 8:17 PM

R71 If you ever travel to Switzerland, you'll see signs in some of the public bathrooms with an illustration of a person standing atop a toilet and shitting into the bowl from two feet up, with a big red "X" over the image. The caption is only in Chinese, so you can guess what the sign is warning people not to do, and the audience at which it is directed.

by Anonymousreply 73December 9, 2022 8:25 PM

Squatting to shit is supposed to be healthier for the bowels

by Anonymousreply 74December 9, 2022 8:33 PM

When all they eat is rice and insects, they hardly need to squat. It flows outta them.

by Anonymousreply 75December 9, 2022 8:35 PM

[quote]r40 Some people will do ANYTHING to escape poverty.

And why shouldn’t they?

by Anonymousreply 76December 9, 2022 8:36 PM

[quote] R63 Is there never an eldergay - or a fat woman - who imports a hung lover from Jamaica or Cameroon?

[quote] R64 ... or DARFUR? —You Know Who

[quote] r65 They're surely too skinny and malnourished to give a good fuck, though.

They’ll eat you out of house and home!

by Anonymousreply 77December 9, 2022 8:43 PM

I wonder if they're ever disappointed when they get to the US/Europe. I'm sure it's often talked up to be better than it is.

by Anonymousreply 78December 9, 2022 8:45 PM

R78 The absolute worst parts of Europe and the US are still lightyears ahead of anything in their home countries.

There's still remarkably less corruption, less violence, less disease. There's also more opportunity, better schools, cleaner air and water, better hospitals even for poors, and on and on.

I'd rather be a broke bastard in America or Poland than middle class in Thailand.

by Anonymousreply 79December 9, 2022 8:52 PM

R79, Have you ever been so poor that you'd dream about what life may be like as a Darfur Orphan

by Anonymousreply 80December 9, 2022 9:02 PM

R80 No, but anytime my nose is dry and itchy, I think about what it would be like to have your flowing drainpipe of a schnoz, and I thank my lucky stars!

by Anonymousreply 81December 9, 2022 9:05 PM

A similar situation has been going on with a wealthy friend of mine. I cannot say were are still friends, as he’s alienated most of his long time friends.

This friend reads DL, I sure can't post the entire story. This man has been scammed by some fug Mexican grifter for close to 25+ years! This is so baffling, as this friend is intelligent. He’s built a lucrative business from nothing. The friend has been a multi-millionaire for about 25+ years, but, apparently, has zero common sense when it comes to being scammed by these grifters. This is not the first time he’s allowed this type of man into his life.

The last time we spoke, I told him, “Do you enjoy the control aspect of this? Because this situation sure isn’t any kind of normal relationship, let alone, an actual friendship, this man is obviously scamming you. I don’t think he even likes you. You were an easy mark. I don’t believe even one quarter of his woe-is-me story.” I’m not the only friend to tell him this.

The friend is basically supporting this scammer. He’s paying the grifter’s rent, helped the grifter get back into the US after this scammer went back home to Mexico and, well, the entire story is out of a bad soap opera. Supposedly the friend paid Mexican coyotes to get the grifter back into the US. More like the Mexican grifter took a flight back to the US and kept all that money!

The friend basically supports this creep, he makes it sound as if it’s now his responsibility to support this grifter. “The poor guy doesn’t have any family, blah, blah, blah…” What sort of moron believes this bullshit? If he has "no family", why the hell did he go back to Mexico, to visit his dog?!

The Mexican isn’t even hot, he looks like a typical short stocky Mexican man you’d see busing in a diner. Facially, he’s nothing either.

by Anonymousreply 82December 9, 2022 11:55 PM

The friend has probably spent close to a million, or more, keeping this illegal scammer in the US. Because of this, the friend has lost most of his friends.

We are all sick and tired hearing about the friend’s ongoing self-created ‘drama’. No one held a gun to his head to continue dealing with the grifter. The friend caused these problems by allowing this type of person into his privileged life.

All his friends, well the friends he has left, tell him he needs therapy and if he feels bad about ’poor people’, he simply needs to donate money to various charities. Or actually volunteer at a soap kitchen. At one point he paid for this guy’s training for some job. Not sure how that works if someone taking course is illegal. Could be the friend paid for a fake SS number? The friend has risked a lot for this grifting weirdo.

Again, the scammer is not ‘hot’. The friend is older yet still very good looking, he was formerly an actual fashion model. He then started a business years ago which has nothing to do with fashion or modeling, he just lucked into the business and it took off. Everyone he knows is baffled by this Mexican grifter situation. His relatives know nothing about the grifter.

Not even sure if the friend is still having sex with the grifter. Initially, they did have sex.

Personally, I do think this situation is about the friend enjoying the control he has over the grifter, because what else can it be? The friend can sure still meet normal gay men in his socio-economic circle. The friend is gaining nothing by 'helping' this grifter. Just embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 83December 10, 2022 12:02 AM

R83 The gifted fucks the shit out of your friend and he thinks it's love. The gifter gives him fucks and spends time so your rich friend is happy. That is the only logical explanation.

by Anonymousreply 84December 10, 2022 12:05 AM

Gringo has been dickmatized.

by Anonymousreply 85December 10, 2022 12:08 AM

[quote]r83 No one held a gun to his head to continue dealing with the grifter. The friend caused these problems by allowing this type of person into his privileged life.

If I were to break up with a grifter I’d supported for years, I’d be afraid I would be killed.

by Anonymousreply 86December 10, 2022 12:09 AM

[quote]The gifted fucks the shit out of your friend and he thinks it's love. The gifter gives him fucks and spends time so your rich friend is happy. That is the only logical explanation.

Is English your second or third language? Did I mention "love" anywhere in my two posts? In the beginning, there was no 'love' just sex, but that has supposedly stopped.

I think my friend is now basically stuck in this cycle, like a hamster on a wheel. He cannot figure out what to do. I do think my friend is disgusted by the situation, but at this point, he doesn't see a way out.

Didn't you read, they don't live together, my friend pays the grifter's rent, he basically covers all his expenses.

I did post I wasn't even sure there was still sex involved. The grifter is mentally unstable and yes, who knows if he might kill my friend. The friend owns several homes and a condo, the grifter only knows about one location. My friend can simply hid in one of his residences.

If the grifter threatens my friend, the friend can get the weirdo deported, he's still here illegally. The grifter has lived in the US many years, over 25 years. He should be thankful the friend has basically hid him from authorities. Not sure if my friend will get arrested for helping the grifter. Reporting the grifter will definitely open up a can worms for my friend.

Again, having wealth and a very successful career sure doesn't mean the person has common sense.

by Anonymousreply 87December 10, 2022 1:11 AM

Some people are extremely needy and will do anything (it seems) to fill that need. Especially the elderly.

by Anonymousreply 88December 10, 2022 2:35 PM

I don't get how a 'mature' person loses all common sense and participates in these relationships. How depressing it must feel for the cash cow to know they're only getting attention while the wallet is full.

I'm happily prepared to die alone rather than be seen as pitiful and a sucker.

by Anonymousreply 89December 10, 2022 3:02 PM

Some people are prepared to pay for attention and companionship. As long as they don't expect love and give enough money in return for it I see no issue.

by Anonymousreply 90December 10, 2022 3:05 PM

maybe your rich friend wants to be "needed", some people are like this.

Or like some frau, your rich friend loves "projects" that he can change for the better and fix their lives.

by Anonymousreply 91December 10, 2022 7:29 PM

Filipinos are the most repulsive looking people in the world. They smell like unwashed vagina.

by Anonymousreply 92December 10, 2022 10:03 PM

[Quote] I don't get how a 'mature' person loses all common sense and participates in these relationships.

They want someone, anyone

by Anonymousreply 93December 10, 2022 10:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!