Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jeremy Irons

He was very hot when young, and he still has a nice ripped body (as per "Watchmen"). He has the fruitiest posh accent ever (and I say that as a compliment), and though capable of subtlety when younger he is now pretty hammy.

Have there ever been rumors about him indulging in the homosex? He's been together with his wife Sinead Cusack for decades.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54December 8, 2022 12:22 AM

What are those weird, bulge-y things near his ribcage?

by Anonymousreply 1December 5, 2022 6:30 PM

Smells like cigarettes........

by Anonymousreply 2December 5, 2022 6:30 PM

[quote] What are those weird, bulge-y things near his ribcage?

They're called ribs, mama, and everybody has them.

by Anonymousreply 3December 5, 2022 6:34 PM

He’s an incredibly nice man, extremely kind to his fans. Was really impressed by how engaging he was while having dinner next to him a few years ago, really down to Earth.

by Anonymousreply 4December 5, 2022 6:50 PM

He was born to play Boris Karloff in the Karloff biopic.

by Anonymousreply 5December 5, 2022 7:02 PM

"fruitiest"???

OP, you are aware that we are gay, correct??

by Anonymousreply 6December 5, 2022 7:04 PM

Dead Ringers is a must see!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7December 5, 2022 7:05 PM

[quote] OP, you are aware that we are gay, correct??

It doesn't necessarily always mean gay, e. g., "Norman! Why are you putting me in the fruit cellar? Do you think I'm fruity?"--Mrs. Bates, "Psycho"

by Anonymousreply 8December 5, 2022 7:08 PM

Legendary voice of course. I think he’s hammy nowadays because he just plays an old English gentleman in everything lol

No idea if he’s been with men, but there’s no way his gorgeous son Max hasn’t tested the waters, growing up in entertainment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9December 5, 2022 7:38 PM

I ❤️ r3!

by Anonymousreply 10December 6, 2022 12:07 AM

I'm sure he's dabbled at least once, he would of had heaps of opportunities being that hot. But us plebs is never gonna know

I'd totally go there even now

by Anonymousreply 11December 6, 2022 10:48 AM

Thought I heard years ago, Jeremy and Sinead had an open marriage.

He reeks of cigarettes, ugh.

by Anonymousreply 12December 6, 2022 11:44 AM

R3 - Those things don't look like ribs.

by Anonymousreply 13December 6, 2022 11:56 AM

[bold]Jeremy Irons makes 'bizarre' remarks comparing gay marriage to incest between fathers and sons[/bold]

Matilda Battersby

Thursday 04 April 2013

Oscar-winning actor Jeremy Irons has sparked outrage by suggesting that same sex marriage could lead to incest between fathers and sons, fearing it will "debase" marital law.

In an interview with the Huffington Post the 64-year-old actor, who stated that he didn’t “have a strong feeling either way” on the subject, mused: “Could a father not marry his son?”

When the interviewer reminded Irons about incest laws, the actor continued: "It's not incest between men," adding: "Incest is there to protect us from inbreeding, but men don't breed".

His remarks were branded “bizarre” by lesbian, gay and bisexual charity Stonewall.

Referring to Irons’ role as Pope Alexander VI in 2011 television series The Borgias, a Stonewall spokesmen told The Independent: "Few people will agree with Jeremy Irons’ bizarre 'concerns' about equal marriage.”

“Sadly his comments do seem to indicate he's taken his role as a Pope in The Borgias a little too seriously."

In the same interview Irons said he wishes “everybody who is living with one other person the best of luck in the world because it's fantastic,” adding: “Living with another animal, whether it be a husband or a dog, is great.”

Irons, who has been married to the actress Sinead Cusack for 34 years, also entered the debate on civil partnership versus same sex marriage, saying: “It seems to me that now they're fighting for the name. I worry that it means somehow we debase, or we change, what marriage is. I just worry about that."

It is not the first time Irons has made controversial remarks during an interview. In February he revealed that as a young actor he had to fend off the advances of older men..."

by Anonymousreply 14December 6, 2022 11:59 AM

I agree, he was hot. Most so in French Lieutenant’s Woman and Brideshead Revisited.

by Anonymousreply 15December 6, 2022 11:59 AM

I, too, agree he was hot. I also agree he is the hammiest ham whoever hammed! I don't mind it in some pieces like The Borgias which was pretty schlocky but beautifully costumed.

by Anonymousreply 16December 6, 2022 12:34 PM

I loved him as Klaus Von Bulow - a perfect role for him.

by Anonymousreply 17December 6, 2022 12:37 PM

He's English! Of course, he's dabbled in that homosex you speak of!

by Anonymousreply 18December 6, 2022 12:37 PM

Wow, his son is a total hottie.

by Anonymousreply 19December 6, 2022 12:39 PM

He's apparently super-Catholic, hence his anti-same sex marriage and anti-abortion remarks.

by Anonymousreply 20December 6, 2022 12:46 PM

Didn’t Lolita damage his career for a while. When he was on broadway in The Real Thing there were rumors that he and Ms Close were fucking.

by Anonymousreply 21December 6, 2022 1:12 PM

He was hottest in Damage and Lolita. Prefer him without the mustache.

by Anonymousreply 22December 6, 2022 1:19 PM

Classic closet case excuses. He should have come out thirty years ago.

by Anonymousreply 23December 6, 2022 1:19 PM

Always thought that he was rather homely in the face and underfed.

by Anonymousreply 24December 6, 2022 1:23 PM

He played a homo in the Franco Zeffirelli movie about Maria Callas

by Anonymousreply 25December 6, 2022 3:37 PM

R25 - Matt Damon

by Anonymousreply 26December 6, 2022 7:32 PM

R26

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27December 6, 2022 7:36 PM

He and Ben Kingsley were excellent in Betrayal (1983) an underrrated movie, in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 28December 6, 2022 7:59 PM

He was never hot. Never.

by Anonymousreply 29December 6, 2022 8:35 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30December 6, 2022 8:37 PM

French Lieutenant's Woman, when he was quite hot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31December 6, 2022 8:38 PM

He was a great villain in the third Die Hard movie.

And he saved Lauren Hutton's dumb ass when she joined his group for a Harley ride through Topanga Canyon. She wanted to ride with a cute little girly helmet, and he gave her a real one. When she crashed later that day, the new helmet saved her melon.

by Anonymousreply 32December 6, 2022 8:41 PM

I loved the way he chewed the scenery in The Borgias.

by Anonymousreply 33December 6, 2022 8:49 PM

His son is gorgeous

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34December 6, 2022 9:02 PM

I don't see it.

by Anonymousreply 35December 6, 2022 9:04 PM

I have never found him attractive and his strange digression about fathers and sons is more than a little offputting.

by Anonymousreply 36December 6, 2022 9:13 PM

I loved The Borgias, especially the actors who played his sons.

by Anonymousreply 37December 6, 2022 9:25 PM

He looked buff in the third Die Hard.

by Anonymousreply 38December 6, 2022 10:33 PM

It looks like he has gills in OP's pic.

by Anonymousreply 39December 6, 2022 10:45 PM

have never thought he was good looking, there's something about him I don't like

by Anonymousreply 40December 6, 2022 11:03 PM

I was never very interested in Jeremy Irons. He is simply the original source material for Max Irons, whom I would lick from head to toe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41December 6, 2022 11:07 PM

I found out I'm very distantly related to him on my great, great grandmother's side and I don't know what to do with this information.

by Anonymousreply 42December 6, 2022 11:28 PM

Commit incest with Max, r42.

by Anonymousreply 43December 6, 2022 11:29 PM

Max Irons looks like he’d like to cuddle after lovemaking.

Jeremy Irons looks like he’d fuck you without mercy, cum in your hair, then ask you to leave as he has an early start the next morning.

by Anonymousreply 44December 6, 2022 11:50 PM

Max was fleshier in the first season of his show CONDOR, but lost the weight in series 2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45December 7, 2022 12:16 AM

[quote] He and Ben Kingsley were excellent in Betrayal (1983) an underrrated movie, in my opinion.

I’m still hoping to see that one come out on DVD some day.

by Anonymousreply 46December 7, 2022 5:24 AM

He is like a lot of the semi posh fey bisexuals in the UK - they seem to get weirdly religious in their old age and become quite homophobic - many after making careers out of either playing gay, or hinting at gay in their works....

by Anonymousreply 47December 7, 2022 6:23 AM

Didn't he show cock in Betrayal?

by Anonymousreply 48December 7, 2022 7:46 AM

There's another quote from him about his son that's even more out there:

[quote] It's very difficult because children under sixteen are immensely attractive, any father will tell you. We have to accept that, understand it for what it is and not become hysterical about it. [...] [bold]I remember when my son was twelve he was like a god. He just went through that sort of golden time for about 18 months. Parental love is sexual. [/bold] Boys will flirt outrageously with their mothers.

by Anonymousreply 49December 7, 2022 4:06 PM

R49 Oh... wow. That is totally out there

by Anonymousreply 50December 7, 2022 4:23 PM

^ stuff like that is why actors used to be run out of town with pitchforks

by Anonymousreply 51December 7, 2022 8:04 PM

Beautiful horse..

by Anonymousreply 52December 7, 2022 8:44 PM

I'm sure at R49 he's speaking tongue in cheek; that is, tongue up Max's adolescent bum.

What a perv.

by Anonymousreply 53December 7, 2022 10:54 PM

R49 gross

by Anonymousreply 54December 8, 2022 12:22 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!