Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Saffron Burrows

What's her story? Anyone met her? Is she nice? Bisexual with preference for women or later in life lesbian? She used to be so gorgeous. She's still quite pretty but overdone with plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 18January 3, 2023 9:01 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 1December 5, 2022 5:30 AM

Saffron Burrows officially confirmed her bisexuality in 2013 after revealing her marriage to Alison Balian.

by Anonymousreply 2December 5, 2022 5:41 AM

Wiki - Burrows is bisexual, and has said that she "prefers the company of women." She was engaged to actor Alan Cumming in the 1990s, and dated director Mike Figgis for five years until 2002.[ She was also previously in a relationship with actress Fiona Shaw.

Burrows married writer Alison Balian, her girlfriend of six years, in August 2013. Burrows gave birth to their son in 2012, and their daughter in 2017. They separated in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 3December 5, 2022 5:42 AM

^ I know all those stuff from Wiki, I thought maybe someone met her. Or has some spicy insider info on her.

by Anonymousreply 4December 5, 2022 7:33 AM

I haven't heard of Saffron since she appeared in Agents Of Shield. Some fans got pissed off because her character was a lesbian and got killed off pretty quickly.

by Anonymousreply 5December 5, 2022 8:01 AM

She was recently in You and in Westworld.

by Anonymousreply 6December 5, 2022 8:04 AM

She's my perfect woman. I love that kind of look - Sanna Marin (Finnish PM) does it for me too.

by Anonymousreply 7December 5, 2022 8:23 AM

R7 You have a chance now. She got divorced.

by Anonymousreply 8December 5, 2022 8:28 AM

She is so sexy (and I'm a gay man). I think it took her a while to be taken seriously as an actress due to her looks, and trashy movies like that disaster blockbuster where she had to rip off her wetsuit to stand on it to escape the chamber (lol). Perhaps she is still considered to just be a pretty face. But her 'Miss Julie' was respectable, and in Boston Legal and especially Mozart in the Jungle she proved how watchable she can be when playing a complex, adult role. Would love to smoke a joint with her.

by Anonymousreply 9December 5, 2022 10:33 AM

She had a thing with Daniel Day-Lewis during the filming of In the Name of the Father.

Much like Helena Bonham-Carter, seemed to specialize in breaking up long-term couples (Mike and Susie Figgis, Fiona Shaw and Deborah Warner).

That's all I've got.

by Anonymousreply 10December 5, 2022 10:48 AM

She reminds me of Judy Davis.

by Anonymousreply 11December 5, 2022 11:19 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 12January 1, 2023 4:23 PM

I get a vibe from her that she was gay for clout. Some of these same sex celebrity marriages are a mirror image of the publicity marriages of the 40s-60s, for promotion of the celebs rather than out of real emotions. They often end so quickly.

by Anonymousreply 13January 1, 2023 4:32 PM

Mozart in the Jungle! That was such a good show.

by Anonymousreply 14January 1, 2023 4:35 PM

R13 How is gay for clout? She's been with her now ex-wife for 13 years, before separating and they have kids together. Her wife is an unknown lady and she never paraded her around. They lived outside of the eyes of the public If she was gay for clout, she would end up with a famous woman. And would be appearing with her in public all the time. Also, doubt that a straight person could live and have sex with the same sex for 13 years.

by Anonymousreply 15January 1, 2023 5:19 PM

She was very good in 'Mozart in the Jungle', a show that started out great and went off the rails by the third season.

I'm in the minority, but I also enjoyed her in 'Law & Order', paired with Jeff Goldblum. Goldblum is generally not popular in the L&O:CI world.

Goldblum was better when paired with Julianne Nicholson. Chris Noth was better when paired with Julianne Nicholson. Nicholson was the key. Though Noth, I think, also had great chemistry with Annabella Sciorra, though that pairing apparently was not a happy set.

But this is about Saffron Burrows. Sorry. Didn't mean to ramble.

by Anonymousreply 16January 1, 2023 5:32 PM

[quote] She's been with her now ex-wife for 13 years, before separating and they have kids together. Her wife is an unknown lady and she never paraded her around.

In addition to all of that, no one is sleeping with Fiona Shaw for clout.

by Anonymousreply 17January 1, 2023 5:39 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 18January 3, 2023 9:01 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!