Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lady Gaga's Bloody Mary is going viral

Some TikTok craze. (Gen Z doing Gen Z things.)

What do we think of it? Do we hate it just because it's Gaga? Or is it actually a cool dark, goth pop song?

It's a deep cut from her Born This Way album.

I like it WAY more than the title track, that's for sure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54February 14, 2023 1:11 AM

I like the beginning and end of the song, I could do without the parts with lyrical vocals, though.

by Anonymousreply 1December 3, 2022 10:24 PM

meh

by Anonymousreply 2December 3, 2022 10:58 PM

She's been over for years. No one is buying her schtick.

by Anonymousreply 3December 3, 2022 11:01 PM

Bloody Mary is one of my favorites from BTW (along with Scheisse, Marry the Night, and Government Hooker). Probably my favorite overall if I think about it. The Cramps have to be pissed that their song didn’t get a Running Up That Hill moment because a teenager on TikTok made an edit.

by Anonymousreply 4December 3, 2022 11:01 PM

She's brilliant and an icon. This sounds totally different from anything she's done before. Always challenging us with evocative lyrics, and religious imagery. She stands alone as the true QUEEN OF POP.

by Anonymousreply 5December 4, 2022 6:31 PM

I hated most of the singles she released from that album. The Album only songs like this one are better but I don't like her weird lyrics. It often sounds like she was high on something. Bad.

by Anonymousreply 6December 4, 2022 6:34 PM

Does nobody love this song? Her best in years.

by Anonymousreply 7December 6, 2022 12:25 AM

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 8December 6, 2022 12:29 AM

I love it, too, R7 and R8. I guess I get why it wasn't a single. Controversial, I suppose. But as I said in the OP, it's such a better song that that treacly Born This Way.

This is the type of song I would expect from the weird, off center Gaga that was advertised way back when.

And I'm here for it.

by Anonymousreply 9December 6, 2022 4:18 AM

It's no ARTPOOP.

by Anonymousreply 10December 6, 2022 4:35 AM

Another vote for “love it.”

by Anonymousreply 11December 6, 2022 4:43 AM

[quote]Lady Gaga's Bloody Mary is going viral

No it’s not.

by Anonymousreply 12December 6, 2022 4:50 AM

I heard she puts extra worcestershire sauce in her recipe.

by Anonymousreply 13December 6, 2022 4:51 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 14December 6, 2022 5:13 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 15December 6, 2022 5:15 AM

R14, I was one of those people. I thought she was totally over baked by the time Born This Way came out. I just didn't care much about her by that point.

Oddly, I did become a Gaga fan much later. On a lark, I went to her Joanne concert with a friend (who had an extra ticket) and her live performance blew me away. So I started liking her when everyone hated her or had forgotten about her.

It's only recently that I really listened to her Born This Way album. It is truly a fantastic pop album. MUCH better than The Fame Monster. It's daring and bold and risky.

by Anonymousreply 16December 6, 2022 5:56 AM

R12, I guess Billboard is lying?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17December 6, 2022 6:48 AM

R16 She ruined her career when she became more of her true self after 2011. She still has a career but she might as well call herself Lady Stefanotta because being boring is now her image. No wonder she is into acting now. The roles she receives give her personality. She is probably ashamed that people rather listen to that decade old song rather then her deep smoker voice new songs. Her 2020 album was basically carried by Ariana Grande.

by Anonymousreply 18December 6, 2022 12:55 PM

R4, pardon me, but please explain about The Cramps missing out. Lux Interior is dead, so he wouldn't care, but I do.

by Anonymousreply 19December 6, 2022 12:59 PM

The Power of Gaga

by Anonymousreply 20December 6, 2022 1:02 PM

How much did she pay for this? Guess she decided it was easier to do this than come up with another fake ailment for attention.

by Anonymousreply 21December 6, 2022 2:32 PM

R12, yesterday Bloody Mary was the 25th most listened to song on Spotify in the world.

A deep cut from an album 11 years old.

I'd say that's going viral!

by Anonymousreply 22December 7, 2022 8:21 AM

She is the only artist in women's music. True, concise and brilliantly cunning. I wish she'd step away from the acting to reclaim her no. 1 status in music. I guess her 'people' tell her otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 23December 7, 2022 10:30 AM

I have seen the song used with a ton of these Wednesday's dance shorts popping up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24December 7, 2022 10:56 AM

Nobody is interested in her anymore OP. Her career seems to have run its course.

by Anonymousreply 25December 7, 2022 11:01 AM

This is why I love TikTok.

by Anonymousreply 26December 7, 2022 11:10 AM

“Nobody is interested in her” is what you posted on a thread commenting on her viral success.

You really, really hate this person. You should seek help.

by Anonymousreply 27December 7, 2022 11:47 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28December 7, 2022 11:52 AM

Not that much to it, really. No novel melody, hooks or licks. Another droning on wanna be anthem.

by Anonymousreply 29December 7, 2022 12:02 PM

I haven't heard anything new from her in years, and I LOVE IT!! GREAT BEAT

by Anonymousreply 30December 7, 2022 12:10 PM

Why R17? Because some intern posed the words “gone viral”? Hardly makes it a fact.

by Anonymousreply 31December 7, 2022 12:13 PM

I hope the Little Monsters are saving their pennies for the eventual Annual Fan Cruise.

by Anonymousreply 32December 7, 2022 12:19 PM

The reality that it’s gone viral is what makes it a fact, funnily enough.

by Anonymousreply 33December 7, 2022 12:21 PM

No, R33.

by Anonymousreply 34December 7, 2022 1:20 PM

It's nuts that an 11 year-old song is #1 on Shazam worldwide, being played on the radio in France, and #25 on the global Spotify chart. Especially since the song went viral when it wasn't actually featured on the show.

by Anonymousreply 35December 7, 2022 2:10 PM

They should have used this song

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36December 7, 2022 3:38 PM

R12, read R35.

It's cool if you don't understand what going viral means for a song. But R35 explained it quite well.

So there you have it!

(Don't worry. You can still hate Gaga. In fact, let this blow your mind: Two things can exist at once. A song of hers is going viral AND you think she's terrible. All is okay, buddy.)

by Anonymousreply 37December 7, 2022 5:06 PM

Not viral.

by Anonymousreply 38December 7, 2022 5:07 PM

It's the only song that I actually like by this hatchet-faced, overly nasal singer.

by Anonymousreply 39December 7, 2022 5:09 PM

According to this video, her "the fame-success" was mostly due to the alleged murder or her ex best friend Lina Morgana whose persona was stolen by Gaga in order to become the unique lady we know now. Sad story if true and with the recent balenciaga leaks not too far off actually. Many celebs seem to be into rituals like that. Like that rumor how beyonciey is responsible for aaliyah so something similar. Or how Ye allegedly sacrificed Donda. The video becomes disturbing at the end. We should wait for evidence though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40December 7, 2022 5:24 PM

More dubious info about Lady Gaga #balenciagagate and when you think about the fact that she had to do with Marina Abramovic..... uh oh!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41December 7, 2022 5:28 PM

Oh that look.

by Anonymousreply 42December 7, 2022 5:31 PM

Sounds lackluster live

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43December 7, 2022 6:46 PM

I like it but it would not have been a hit pre streaming.

by Anonymousreply 44December 7, 2022 6:49 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 45December 7, 2022 6:54 PM

[quote] I won't cry for you, I won't crucify the things you do, I won't cry for you

How reductive

by Anonymousreply 46December 7, 2022 6:59 PM

R45 Gaga could have released it as a single. Maybe she didn’t have enough clout but I doubt it. She was quite big by that point.

by Anonymousreply 47December 7, 2022 7:32 PM

The crackpot, right-wing conspiracy theories are popping up again? It really does feel like 2011 again.

by Anonymousreply 48December 7, 2022 8:09 PM

Lady Gaga is very talented. Another old hit of hers has gone viral last week too. I can't believe it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49February 13, 2023 2:26 PM

Bey has left Gagga in dust.

by Anonymousreply 50February 13, 2023 2:33 PM

Really R50? I'd put the two of them in just about the exact same category: Pop star A list. No longer near their peak. But everything they do still makes big waves. Their last pop records, respectively, both went to number one and spawned a number one single and a top ten single.

by Anonymousreply 51February 13, 2023 8:41 PM

I would not put Gaga on the list of A-list singers. Sure, her last album went to number one but that doesn't tell you much about the success of the album. It is only the 33rd most streamed album of 2020. Not exactly a huge success. A Star is Born was a fluke for her after years of middling success. I do think she has more of a future as an actress though (especially if she sings on soundtracks).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52February 13, 2023 10:44 PM

Her last album went #1, had 2 Top 10 singles (one of them went #1), won a Grammy, and produced tour that grossed $112 million with only 20 dates. Please come back to reality.

by Anonymousreply 53February 14, 2023 1:01 AM

Hitting number one isn't really that great of a metric. There are countless songs and albums that have hit number one that are long forgotten after they are released. Chromatica is one of those. It hit number one yet it isn't even one of the most streamed albums of 2020 (it doesn't even make the top 30). I wouldn't call that a huge success.

by Anonymousreply 54February 14, 2023 1:11 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!