Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

‘Dune: Part Two’ First Look: Timothée Chalamet Is Back as Paul Atreides

Timothée Chalamet is back (literally) as “Dune” hero Paul Atreides.

Chalamet shared a photo from the “Dune: Part Two” production with his back facing the camera. The actor dons a black hooded long coat that has a skeletal outline on the rear. Production for Denis Villeneuve’s sequel installment of the adaptation of Frank Herbert’s novel wrapped in Budapest, Hungary and Italy earlier this year but now continues in the United Arab Emirates.

Per the official synopsis from Warner Bros. and Legendary reads, this follow-up film will explore the mythic journey of Paul Atreides as he unites with Chani and the Fremen while on a warpath of revenge against the conspirators who destroyed his family. Facing a choice between the love of his life and the fate of the known universe, he endeavors to prevent a terrible future only he can foresee.

Florence Pugh, Souheila Yacoub, Léa Seydoux, Christopher Walken, and Austin Butler join the ensemble cast, with Chalamet, Zendaya, Javier Bardem, and more stars returning.

“It’s like a chess game,” auteur Villeneuve told Empire. “Some new characters will be introduced in the second part, and a decision I made very early on was that this first part would be more about Paul Atreides and the Bene Gesserit, and his experience of being in contact for the first time with a different culture. Second part, there will be much more Harkonnen stuff.”

Chalamet also previously praised co-star Zendaya’s turn as Chani, who is now the lead character for the sequel.

“It’s amazing. She’s bringing exactly what she brought to the first one — which was incredible — but in greater abundance,” Chalamet told Variety of the “Euphoria” Emmy winner. “And she’s really become a sister. I’m so grateful to count her as a partner and a sister and a friend.”

A prequel series is also in the works at HBO Max, helmed by Emmy-winning “Chernobyl” director Johan Renck, who’s set to direct the first two episodes. The show is set 10,000 years before the events of the first “Dune” film and centers on the Harkonnen Sisters as they defend the future of humankind.

“Dune: Part Two” premieres in theaters November 3, 2023.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128December 26, 2022 7:38 AM

Kyle had a nicer ass

by Anonymousreply 1December 3, 2022 12:31 AM

His last movie was a flop. The first Dune could’ve been an even bigger hit if they cast somebody else in the role.

by Anonymousreply 2December 3, 2022 12:35 AM

Timmy is still a bigger star right now, than any other male actor in his age group.

That said, I think that Miles Teller would have made a great Paul Atreides.

Especially coming on the heels of his success in Top Gun: Maverick.

Coincidentally, he looks a lot like Kyle MacLachlan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 3, 2022 12:41 AM

R3: Please as Bones and All told us he's nothing but a social media thing. He's not DiCaprio 2.0 or a star.

by Anonymousreply 4December 3, 2022 12:47 AM

R3 Miles Teller is a much better actor than Chalamet, but he looks NOTHING like Kyle MacLachlan, who is classically handsome. Also, he would have been too old for the role, but plenty of other people could have brought more to the role for sure than Chalamet.

by Anonymousreply 5December 3, 2022 12:55 AM

[quote] That said, I think that Miles Teller would have made a great Paul Atreides.

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮 You want this movie to have negative box office?

by Anonymousreply 6December 3, 2022 2:14 AM

Why do you say that, R6?

Top Gun: Maverick was the highest grossing movie of all time!

by Anonymousreply 7December 3, 2022 7:06 AM

They certainly should have cast someone more masculine than chalamet.

by Anonymousreply 8December 3, 2022 8:46 AM

Wasn’t he supposed to be an A-List star by now? What happened??

by Anonymousreply 9December 3, 2022 8:54 AM

I want to lick Timmy's ball and taint while he's in the Paul Atreides costume.

by Anonymousreply 10December 3, 2022 9:13 AM

PART 2?! Hellllll naw.

by Anonymousreply 11December 3, 2022 10:11 AM

Has Timmy ever been rimmed?

I would love to introduce him to it.

by Anonymousreply 12December 3, 2022 2:01 PM

R1: I was going to say face but absolutely ass too.

by Anonymousreply 13December 3, 2022 3:09 PM

R9: Fugly, zero range, his movies bomb, wears genderless clothes. Take your pick.

by Anonymousreply 14December 3, 2022 3:10 PM

The first episode disappointed so completely

by Anonymousreply 15December 3, 2022 3:20 PM

Wonder what he's going to wear for this movie's screening, which will be talked about more than the movie and the actors starring in it.

by Anonymousreply 16December 5, 2022 9:05 AM

Timmy looks gorgeous in this French interview.

He always looks good when he doesn't dress over-the-top.

In fact, they all look good. Even Sorsha and Poo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17December 5, 2022 9:10 AM

Is anyone interested in men anymore?

by Anonymousreply 18December 5, 2022 9:16 AM

A second Avatar AND a second Dune?

An embarrassment of ... zzzzzzzzzzzzz....

by Anonymousreply 19December 5, 2022 9:34 AM

[quote]wrapped in Budapest, Hungary

Liberal Hollywood won't shoot in Georgia or Texas over abortion, but will shoot in that authoritarian deplorable hellscape that is Hungary, I've always found that fascinating. Especially when Prague is [italic]right there,[/italic] and it offers everything Budapest offers.

by Anonymousreply 20December 5, 2022 10:20 AM

I'm only interested if the sequel revolves around Charlotte Rampling's character. Otherwise, pass. I was bored out of my mind with the first one.

by Anonymousreply 21December 5, 2022 10:22 AM

His black hair looks amazing In the OP.

by Anonymousreply 22December 5, 2022 10:26 AM

[quote] Especially when Prague is right there, and it offers everything Budapest offers.

Prague is full of whores.

Plus, it's much more expensive than Budapest.

No thanks!

by Anonymousreply 23December 5, 2022 10:45 AM

I read Dune during covid lockdown and the other books since then. I'm not a fantasy or sci-fi reader, but the world is pretty fascinating. I liked the first movie from the standpoint of seeing that world on screen and was generally happy with their treatment of the plot. Looking forward the 2nd movie (which will wrap up the first Dune book). I thought Chalamet was fine but not memorable. My lasting impression was an actor who spent the movie looking bored and with an emotional range an inch wide.

by Anonymousreply 24December 5, 2022 10:54 AM

He does look good with that darker hair.

by Anonymousreply 25December 5, 2022 11:37 AM

When is this Rodent going to go away.

by Anonymousreply 26December 5, 2022 12:28 PM

I hate his cold, callous eyes.

by Anonymousreply 27December 5, 2022 12:55 PM

I don’t know why they are so goddamn hell bent on promoting him as a sex symbol actor. Yeah he’s got an interesting look, threatening eyes, and curly hair but he’s not even remotely hot. He doesn’t have the face for it and he doesn’t have the body for it. Bones and All and Dune consisted of him just staring and posing like a model with zero emotional range.

by Anonymousreply 28December 5, 2022 1:24 PM

"The Harkonnen stuff" is Austin Butler's Feyd-Rautha in a knife-fight to the death with Paul Atreides.

by Anonymousreply 29December 5, 2022 1:44 PM

Timmy has the kind of face that won't age well.

I predict he'll become fat and jowly.

You look at some old actors today. They're not attractive, but then you look at them when they were younger, and they were hot as hell.

That's Timmy.

by Anonymousreply 30December 5, 2022 7:21 PM

r30 He does enough drugs to prevent the fat part

by Anonymousreply 31December 5, 2022 8:39 PM

Is there any point to this? I think tryinmg top make a movie of Dune is a hopeless task. I am not sure whether it is because the book is so wonderous and epic or because it it so stupiod. Anyway, the firsdty Dune was passable because of its total excess and confusion and because of Sting's Space Biini.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32December 5, 2022 8:50 PM

I love his hair!!!

by Anonymousreply 33December 5, 2022 8:55 PM

Well according to Chalamet's fangirls, Dune was made specifically as a star vehicle for him. They actually think that.

by Anonymousreply 34December 5, 2022 8:56 PM

R7 - stop making up horseshit. Avatar is the highest grossing film of all time - not Maverick: Top Gun - which comes in at #11.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35December 5, 2022 9:04 PM

How many of "movie star" Timothee Chalamet's films are on that list?

by Anonymousreply 36December 5, 2022 9:06 PM

I’m starring in Prune: 2

by Anonymousreply 37December 5, 2022 9:13 PM

Zero R36.

by Anonymousreply 38December 5, 2022 9:30 PM

[quote] I’m starring in Prune: 2

R37 = GREG.

by Anonymousreply 39December 6, 2022 2:06 AM

R30 That's why he's getting it while he can.

by Anonymousreply 40December 6, 2022 2:35 AM

Now Slower and Duller Than Ever!

by Anonymousreply 41December 6, 2022 2:35 AM

[quote] I’m starring in Prune: 2

[quote] [R37] = GREG.

Sorry, R37 & R39 – it wasn't me

by Anonymousreply 42December 6, 2022 12:53 PM

R29: Yes, but I doubt Frank Herbert, when he was writing the knife fight between Paul and Feyd, envisioned deadly combat involving two slight androgynous twinks.

Princess Irulan is described as tall and beautiful, the opposite of squat and generically-pretty Florence Pugh. Villeneuve casts roles based on who is currently flavor-of-the-moment, as he did with Zendaya and Jason Momoa.

The writer at IndieWire is a sloppy amateur. The prequel series mentioned is about the Bene Gesserit sisterhood, not the “Harkonnen Sisters.”

by Anonymousreply 43December 6, 2022 2:06 PM

Austin Butler is neither androgynous nor slight, and unless he's lost muscle he's more twunk than twink

by Anonymousreply 44December 6, 2022 5:01 PM

Young stars like louis partridge and Walker scobell that have bright future ahead and will bring back the good looking actors with a good personality era. Thirsting over awkward and anorexic celebs like Timothee chalamet because they're just different from other men is just a phase. Good things to come in future.

by Anonymousreply 45December 7, 2022 11:06 AM

R44: Austin had rhinoplasty that greatly reduced his nose. The surgery made his nose more feminine, hence his current androgynous appearance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46December 7, 2022 3:05 PM

He was a twunk in his twenties, but has since lost weight and muscle in recent years. Whether he felt pressured to slim down to compete against Chalamet or because of some other reason, who knows?

De-twunked and twinkified:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47December 7, 2022 3:28 PM

r46 Still not androgynous

r47 "do keep up" says the person posting a photo from 2012

by Anonymousreply 48December 7, 2022 3:51 PM

Chalamet has more masculine features with a stronger jawline compared to the photo at R46. Yeah, you’ve revealed yourself to be an Austin stan in denial.

Here’s a recent photo of your favorite twink at the 2022 Met Gala, with current girlfriend Kaia Gerber. Kaia is very skinny and he’s not much bigger than she is. LQTM.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49December 7, 2022 4:02 PM

No, I revealed myself as someone who actually knows what the word androgynous means.

by Anonymousreply 50December 7, 2022 6:24 PM

^ Clearly, you have a narrow, self-serving definition of androgyny. Thanks to plastic surgery, Butler has a small button nose naturally found on women.

He definitely fits the criteria to be labeled a twink, fangurl.

by Anonymousreply 51December 7, 2022 6:43 PM

*a small button nose naturally found on [bold]some[/bold] women.

by Anonymousreply 52December 7, 2022 7:04 PM

R47, I adore Austin Butler, but he has become too, shall we say, svelte. But he did print modeling for Prada, e.g., so perhaps, not knowing where his acting career was headed for a while, he slimmed down (i.e., quit working out, as he clearly hit the gym in his "teen movies/Nickelodeon" days) for high fashion.

He slimmed down his nose, also, as his original one was not going to make him a leading man. But it is now not "a small button nose," not quite being bulbous, like his original nose!

Timothee has a Pretty Boy face, jawline nonetheless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53December 7, 2022 7:09 PM

R53: Setting aside the physical changes as a career decision, he was a lot sexier and more masculine before the weight loss and plastic surgery.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54December 7, 2022 7:20 PM

r53 Facts are difficult for r47 to understand

by Anonymousreply 55December 7, 2022 8:53 PM

This thread reeks of jealousy towards Timothee.

You always attack the younger and the prettier.

Sad.

by Anonymousreply 56December 8, 2022 12:34 AM

"Prettier." That's hardly a term of DL "masculinity," r56!

by Anonymousreply 57December 8, 2022 4:39 AM

I have slept with hot guys, borderline hot guys, I have seen hot actors but I can't consider Austin even close to hot. His face looks like a pig, the surgeries have made his appearance worse.

by Anonymousreply 58December 8, 2022 5:43 AM

Austin is very androgynous non-binary. I can’t even tell if he’s a boy or girl in most of these pics, especially R53 and R54.

by Anonymousreply 59December 8, 2022 5:56 AM

Suuure, r58, r59. Austin looks like a "non-binary," not hot, "pig."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60December 8, 2022 6:37 AM

R60 the moustache clearly saved him.

by Anonymousreply 61December 8, 2022 8:19 AM

I think he’s trans due to the negative bulge at R60. It looks like he’s wearing a maxi pad.

by Anonymousreply 62December 8, 2022 10:31 AM

R31/R34/R36/R44/R48/R50/R55 is posting from 2011, the last time Austin Butler could be described as muscular with a masculine face. He peaked at 20 and already looks weird at 31. What a pity.

R55: The ridiculousness of you talking about facts when you haven’t presented any visual proof to back up your belief that Austin is still a twunk and doesn’t look less masculine after the plastic surgery. I’ll be waiting forever (not that I would bother) because you have NOTHING to support your claims, whereas I have provided evidence several times to support mine.

You mock Timmy and his fans while fangurling over Austin at the same time. Hilarious! Two sides of the same crazy coin.

Austin today has a thinner frame and a little girl’s nose. A 2022 DL thread (below) discussed his rhinoplasty and newer look. He was described by posters as a twink, a “delicate, feminine beauty,” a drag king, and “looks like a lesbian as Elvis.” Whaddayaknow, that’s more than implying that he is androgynous-looking!

You have a minority opinion here, R55. Fact. Deal with it. Or not. An anonymous stan, in denial of reality because it gets in the way of his cherished delusions, is a dime a dozen on the internet. Although it will be wasted, you have my condolences, fangurl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63December 8, 2022 11:05 AM

r63 Instead of getting so upset, you should look up what the word androgynous actually means. Cute though, referring to your own posts in other threads as some kind of proof.

And given I haven't even seen Elvis, nor actually anything Butler is in, I'm obviously not a particularly good "fangurl".

by Anonymousreply 64December 8, 2022 12:22 PM

R64: Upset? LQTM. Just calling you out on your bullshit. You sure like to make things up, since your arguments are weak. You still haven’t proven me wrong. Plus, you were the one who got pissy at R44 because someone dared to criticize your idol. Do you forget where you are?

You have neither seen Elvis nor the rest of Austin’s work, yet you’ve spent an inordinate amount of time defending him here. Mocking Timmy is fine for you, but Austin is off limits for everyone else. Sure, hypocritical stan. You are disingenuous and fooling no one.

[bold]androgynous[/bold] (noun)

Def #2: The state of having traits of both male and female genders.

With Austin’s delicate nose naturally found on females, that definition applies here.

But yeah, I’m sooo upset. You resort to a personal attack unrelated to the topic because you failed at proving your point. That is the tactic of butthurt trolls. Like all trolls, you’ll double down, no matter how many links contradict your opinions. No doubt you didn’t check out the linked thread I provided. It would further reinforce that few agree with you. Oh no, we can’t have that.

Try again, dear. Maybe someday you will state something that’s actually factual.

by Anonymousreply 65December 8, 2022 1:08 PM

^ Correction: the definition was for androgyny (noun), not androgynous (adjective).

by Anonymousreply 66December 8, 2022 1:10 PM

[quote]You have neither seen Elvis nor the rest of Austin’s work, yet you’ve spent an inordinate amount of time defending him here. Mocking Timmy is fine for you, but Austin is off limits for everyone else. Sure, hypocritical stan. You are disingenuous and fooling no one.

Five posts - six including this one - tangentially related to Austin (though mostly mocking you), and you think that takes an inordinate amount of time? How slow do you type?

And people can mock him all they like, in fact the only other posts I've made about him in the past have been mocking the way he kept the Elvis accent up. As long as they use words properly.

So, go on, get started on another unhinged reply.

by Anonymousreply 67December 8, 2022 1:30 PM

Austin speaks of getting role of Feyd-Rautha Harkonnen:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68December 8, 2022 5:33 PM

".. the role of ..."

Also, he refers to Timothee as becoming "like a brother."

by Anonymousreply 69December 8, 2022 5:37 PM

Ah I see Austin has mastered the PR platitudes like: “we bonded immediately,” “I really love him a lot,” “I’ve been a huge fan of his work,” “he feels like a brother now,” “he’s amazing.” I would’ve loved to have been a fly on the wall on that set.

by Anonymousreply 70December 8, 2022 5:42 PM

Chalamet's last movie only made $4 million internationally.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71December 8, 2022 7:06 PM

LOL he's still doing the accent? I wonder whether he'll finally drop it come March. The whisper is the cherry on top.

by Anonymousreply 72December 8, 2022 9:23 PM

Is Timmy a top or a bottom?

by Anonymousreply 73December 8, 2022 9:38 PM

Yet [bold]ANOTHER[/bold] box office bomb R71.

by Anonymousreply 74December 8, 2022 9:43 PM

R69: You know these two androgynous twinks fought at least once on set.

by Anonymousreply 75December 8, 2022 10:21 PM

R68: Is every Hollywood actor getting paid a fortune to kiss Chalameh’s ass?

by Anonymousreply 76December 8, 2022 11:05 PM

R74, You have no idea of the Austin Butler fandom. Combined with Timothee's and with "Dune" fans, this movie will be big at the Box Office.

by Anonymousreply 77December 9, 2022 1:58 AM

But to add: We won't know until November/December 2023, so no point in arguing!

by Anonymousreply 78December 9, 2022 2:00 AM

As in; Austin Butler [italic]has[/italic] fans do you mean R77?

by Anonymousreply 79December 9, 2022 2:25 AM

R67: It’s not the number of posts. It’s the days you have spent, fool. Two days of you denying the facts and establishing your ignorance (an inordinate amount of time for someone who claims he doesn’t care that much about Austin Butler).

You cannot hide that you care. A lot. Someone who truly doesn’t care wouldn’t be invested in continuing his tedious bullshit at the start of Day 3.

You are laughably obtuse because you don’t even realize that androgyny has various definitions. The definition I used is easily applied to Austin. Plenty of other posters feel that his face is androgynous now. They, too, think he looks worse.

[quote]Cute though, referring to your own posts in other threads as some kind of proof.

You expose your delusional nature yet again. I never participated in the thread I linked at R63. I have never commented on any thread wherein Austin is a topic until this one. It takes little effort to find many commenters who concur with my point. The same cannot be said for you.

I briefly mocked him in my first post, since he has a role in the next Dune film and I like the Dune novels. Then, like a bitter frau, you quickly became a defensive stan on his behalf. How transparent.

Oh yes, everyone (here and on other threads) who has disagreed with your gushing Austin appraisal must all be my sock puppet accounts. Uh-huh, sure. The delusions continue. Are you projecting, dear, or are you paranoid? Sounds like a little of both. And this troll has the nerve to call me unhinged.

Well, this is the typical behavior of butthurt trolls. They fabricate lie after lie because they have neither facts nor valid points to contribute.

It’s amusing that you believe you are somehow “winning,” especially after you have shown your failure all over this thread. Splat! Failure at proving that Austin still has a twunk body. Failure at pretending you’re not invested in defending him. Failure at understanding the multiple meanings of androgyny. And stupid enough to think your opinion here is the prevailing one when the evidence shows otherwise.

You lost the initial disagreement after I had proven my point several times. Of course you came back again and again because you are an incompetent troll in need of attention. Hey, at least you are consistent in failure. That’s something. Carry on with your pitiful trollery. Do be sure to keep your lies consistent, though.

by Anonymousreply 80December 9, 2022 8:40 AM

"Is Austin Butler androgynous" - the greatest thread in the history of forums, locked by a moderator after 12,239 pages of heated debate

by Anonymousreply 81December 9, 2022 10:16 AM

[quote]You cannot hide that you care. A lot. Someone who truly doesn’t care wouldn’t be invested in continuing his tedious bullshit at the start of Day 3.

Says the pot to the kettle. And again, a couple of minutes over two days is inordinate to you, is it?

[quote]You expose your delusional nature yet again. I never participated in the thread I linked at [R63]. I have never commented on any thread wherein Austin is a topic until this one. It takes little effort to find many commenters who concur with my point. The same cannot be said for you.

"Look, there are other people who agree with me" doesn't exactly sound like someone secure in the knowledge they're right. Sounds rather pathetic and desperate. So pretty on-brand for you. So you got so upset, you went off to look for people who agree with you in another thread? That's actually even more unhinged than if you did quote your own posts.

Oh, and by the way, if you do think I'm a troll, the fact you're still replying to me means, yes I have won.

by Anonymousreply 82December 9, 2022 12:14 PM

How droll, r79.

by Anonymousreply 83December 9, 2022 4:01 PM

Supposedly production wrapped yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 84December 9, 2022 4:46 PM

Art direction, set design, and CGI look cheap to me. I hate cheap looking "epics."

by Anonymousreply 85December 9, 2022 4:52 PM

In case anyone here needs to know: Most women would find this 6' specimen of humanity attractive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86December 9, 2022 5:08 PM

r85 The lack of colour doesn't help

by Anonymousreply 87December 9, 2022 5:10 PM

R7 No, it wasn't. It's still Avatar. And Top Gun was a success because of Tom Cruise, not because of that other dude. Plus, it was made after Dune. How could Denis Villeneuve predict who's is going to be a star in the future? (that Top Gun dude is not a star)

by Anonymousreply 88December 9, 2022 5:36 PM

Is he dating Punkie Johnson?

by Anonymousreply 89December 9, 2022 5:39 PM

R82: You direct your lame snark at me and I’ll serve it right back. You and your ilk are always starting shit online. I’ve no problem exchanging insults with shit talkers who get in my face.

Unlike you, I was focused on the thread topic. You responded to me first and showed your ignorant ass in the process. Really, you should acquaint yourself with Google before spouting off. Still mad, boo, that I proved you were wrong?

You will continue to reply, which makes your pose of being above-it-all quite ludicrous. You are a sad amateur at faking it. What’s also sad is how you display a lack of credibility like it’s something to show off.

If winning to you means repeatedly telling yourself lies about me until they become the truth, then knock yourself out, anonymous nobody. Congratulations on your imagined little victory. You should be used to crumbs by now.

by Anonymousreply 90December 10, 2022 12:25 AM

[quote] You know these two androgynous twinks fought at least once on set.

You think, R75?

Timmy certainly doesn't act like a bitchy diva.

He actually seems quite normal and down-to-earth, in all his interviews.

by Anonymousreply 91December 10, 2022 3:59 AM

R91 ugly ones aren't smug, they are humble.

by Anonymousreply 92December 10, 2022 4:33 AM

In real life, Timothee is a jerk.

When will he ever become a man? He seems to have an eating disorder.

by Anonymousreply 93December 10, 2022 5:00 AM

Does anyone really believe TC considers Zendaya a sister? Or that she is in love with gay Tom Holland? Hahaha

by Anonymousreply 94December 10, 2022 5:05 AM

Zendaya adds nothing to this franchise. She is a multi-racial blank. But I guess 'romance' will get the fraus interested.

by Anonymousreply 95December 10, 2022 5:20 AM

What "romance," r95?

Frauen don't bother "'shipping"; teens and 20-somethings do that; we know that Zendaya and Pocket Gay Tom Holland aren't romantic, either.

by Anonymousreply 96December 10, 2022 1:09 PM

R96 their PR will end after the next spider movie gets released

by Anonymousreply 97December 10, 2022 1:19 PM

r91 Because no celeb ever has faked it for interviews.

Watch the Cannes photocall for The French Dispatch were he deliberately ignores the press person trying to get him out of the shot for a glimpse of the real Timothee

by Anonymousreply 98December 10, 2022 3:16 PM

R91, I have no-one on "ignore," yet I see no post r75.

Timothee might look androgynous, particularly given the Red Carpet red fiasco. However, nothing besides slimness---not hairstyle, not face, not height, not attire--- says "androgynous" about Austin. Moreover, he wears no discernible make-up and no jewelry but for a Cartier ring, and he IS an official Cartier "ambassador."

I'm not arguing Austin's sexuality. I'm saying I don't see the feminine look about him.

by Anonymousreply 99December 10, 2022 4:38 PM

Austin seems like a man.

Timmy seems like a young woman, like a young Tilda Swinton.

by Anonymousreply 100December 10, 2022 4:43 PM

Does Timmy really have an eating disorder?

Why in the hell IS he so skinny? It does seem unnatural for a 26 year old male.

Has anyone in the press asked him about it? Discreetly, of course.

"Hey Timothee, what's your diet secret?"

by Anonymousreply 101December 10, 2022 5:43 PM

r101 And then suffer a thousand fangirls screeching "BODYSHAMING" at you?

Plus, drugs. Funny how I keep referring back to it, but watch the red carpet for TFD at Cannes. He's high as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 102December 10, 2022 5:49 PM

Manorexia

by Anonymousreply 103December 10, 2022 6:07 PM

Chalamet is of average height but he has the tiniest, slimmest frame. His sister and father have the same build. And he looked the same in teen photos. So being slim seems to be his default.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if he eats very little. And yeah, it's Hollywood, getting high isn't exactly a surprise. Weed goes without saying and he does sometimes seem high in public. I've seen comments that he's being so cute. In my day, we would say he's on something. Not sure about harder drugs though. He seems pretty focused and very ambitious so that may keep him away from the hard stuff.

by Anonymousreply 104December 10, 2022 6:24 PM

R104: One website said or he said that he was 6'0. There's no way he's six feet.

by Anonymousreply 105December 10, 2022 10:22 PM

R96 R97 I think they are a real deal. Apparently he visited her on the set of Euphoria all the time, and they spent their time together, alone, away from the rest of the cast He doesn't seem gay to me, just a skinny, kinda nerdy, guy.

by Anonymousreply 106December 10, 2022 11:22 PM

[quote] Apparently he visited her on the set of Euphoria all the time, and they spent their time together, alone, away from the rest of the cast He doesn't seem gay to me, just a skinny, kinda nerdy, guy.

Zendaya is a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 107December 10, 2022 11:24 PM

Chalamet is usually listed as 5'10. Unlike many actors, it looks pretty legit. Again, average height for an American male.

by Anonymousreply 108December 10, 2022 11:28 PM

R107 okay, if you, an anonymous poster on Datalounge say so, it must be true then.

by Anonymousreply 109December 10, 2022 11:47 PM

Not androgynous:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110December 11, 2022 3:32 AM

Cheap whore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111December 12, 2022 5:44 PM

Austin's embarrassingly desperate for that Oscar:

[quote]"During Elvis, I didn't see my family for about three years," Austin Butler tells Janelle Monáe. "I had months where I wouldn't talk to anybody, and when I did, the only thing I was ever thinking about was Elvis."

[quote]"Austin then added that when he did eventually speak with his family again, he couldn’t shake off Elvis’s southern drawl. “I was speaking in his voice the whole time,” he said."

Yeah, we noticed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112December 12, 2022 10:16 PM

That's the point, r112: we---you---noticed.

I guess you missed Brendan's "I was molested as an adult, so I'm boycotting the Golden Globes, but I'll cry like a baby at 'The Whale' premiere applause." Nothing thirsty about HIM.

Oh, and then there's Colin "I know you're the SNL host, Brendan G., but I'm crashing your monologue and skits!" Farrell. Nothing thirsty about HIM.

So get real. Actors gonna thirst. All of them.

by Anonymousreply 113December 13, 2022 12:08 AM

P.S. r112, The movie was filming in Australia when Covid-19 struck Tom Hanks, without whom the production could not proceed. Two already-hired actors, Rufus Sewell and Maggie Gyllenhaal, quit as Elvis's parents and left Australia. Austin stayed.

So yes, in the early days of the pandemic, Austin did not see his family at least until the delayed "Elvis" wrapped up.

I'd like to see any other actor refrain from mentioning such a unique event.

by Anonymousreply 114December 13, 2022 12:15 AM

Now I understand why Timmy is so skinny.

His father is "Bones and All," and he's old.

Timmy is just naturally thin. It's hereditary.

Lucky bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115December 13, 2022 1:46 AM

R115: For such a nice looking man, he sure produced one rodent looking son.

by Anonymousreply 116December 13, 2022 1:47 AM

[quote]Not androgynous:

Are you kidding, R110? I thought that was Ellen.

by Anonymousreply 117December 13, 2022 7:48 AM

Sure, Jan, r110.

by Anonymousreply 118December 13, 2022 9:11 AM

Meant you, r117, of course. Now you'll say anything.

by Anonymousreply 119December 13, 2022 9:13 AM

Brief BTS as Willie Wonka. There are more photos "out there."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120December 13, 2022 12:50 PM

LOL, now r113/114 is what an Austin fangirl actually looks like

by Anonymousreply 121December 13, 2022 5:00 PM

Not denying it, r121!

by Anonymousreply 122December 13, 2022 5:58 PM

Timothée is not my usual type but he is mesmerisingly good-looking.

by Anonymousreply 123December 13, 2022 7:46 PM

R111 he's unattractive, has stick like figure, but lets see if he has a nice teeth- oh never mind. R123 = Helen keller

by Anonymousreply 124December 14, 2022 7:20 AM

Timmy is a year older than Zendaya, but she looks old compared to him.

He still looks like a twink!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125December 22, 2022 10:34 PM

Is there a more beautiful young actor than Timothee?

I don't think so.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126December 23, 2022 8:19 PM

R126 if having a skinny future and looking like a rodent deems attractive nowadays then by all means.

by Anonymousreply 127December 26, 2022 7:38 AM

Skinny figure*

by Anonymousreply 128December 26, 2022 7:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!