Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kanye West is long rumored to suffer from Aspergers Syndrome.

It makes perfect sense . It’s pretty transparent if you think about it.

by Anonymousreply 118August 19, 2023 5:50 AM

Enough.

by Anonymousreply 1December 2, 2022 4:28 PM

Autism doesn’t cause anti-Semitism.

He’s a man that was raised by a single mother who didn’t curb his excesses because he, though her child, was the man in her life.

by Anonymousreply 3December 2, 2022 4:30 PM

Who gives a fuck?

Can we please stop talking about this mentally deranged asshole and just wait for him to die (which should be very soon)?

by Anonymousreply 4December 2, 2022 4:32 PM

[quote] One troll that has a deep-seated anti-boner for autists is so scary.

Fixed that for you, R2.

by Anonymousreply 5December 2, 2022 4:32 PM

Oh no^. Definitely not. White gay progressives are fucking scary.

by Anonymousreply 6December 2, 2022 4:34 PM

He is a strident misogynist, that is why he is embraced by a certain type of gay man.

by Anonymousreply 7December 2, 2022 4:41 PM

I've got two family members with Asperger's and neither are anti semitic in any way.

Try again.

by Anonymousreply 8December 2, 2022 4:45 PM

I thought Kenya has been diagnosed as Bipolar.

by Anonymousreply 9December 2, 2022 4:52 PM

To equate Kanye's antisemitism and his being a thorough asshole with the DSM diagnosis de jour is ridiculous. Yes, he may be bi-polar, he may have bpd, he may be on the spectrum. So what? I've known many people who fall on the spectrum or who are bipolar and they are not racists or antisemites. It is neither an explanation nor an excuse.

by Anonymousreply 10December 2, 2022 4:53 PM

Kanye suffers from narcissism.

by Anonymousreply 11December 2, 2022 4:54 PM

"diagnosis de jour"

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 12December 2, 2022 5:27 PM

“He’s a bit touched you see…..”

by Anonymousreply 13December 2, 2022 5:33 PM

Maybe he became an anti-semite because he got himself circumcised? Maybe he was talked into it by Jewish friends in hollywood? Not saying that this would be their fault nor does it justify anti-semitism but maybe in his warped mind that would be the case? Because weeks after a circumcision, men's glanses become dry and less sensitive. Maybe he hates that so much that he now has a personal vendetta against Jewish people. I think he should be asked about that publicly so he can clarify that so we can all be friends again instead of hating on each other. See related thread regarding YE's alleged circumcision in adulthood:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14December 2, 2022 5:34 PM

OP you seem obsessed. You made another thread about this. Your other stupid one wasn't enough?

by Anonymousreply 15December 2, 2022 5:35 PM

I expect that will be on his tombstone R13.

by Anonymousreply 16December 2, 2022 5:45 PM

Stop talking shit and rubbish. People who are on the autism spectrum are not racist, anti-Semitic and nasty morons like he his so do not say it makes perfect sense.

You don't even understand nor have any knowledge on what being on the autism spectrum is yet you spout bullshit and lies. I do not have time for morons like you who are just as dangerous as Kanye West is.

by Anonymousreply 17December 2, 2022 5:51 PM

Duck off with all of the excuses. If this guy lives next door to you, you would want him to move away. That says EVERYTHING about him and his supposed many mental problems. As a reminder, he doesn’t ever seem mentally ill cashing any checks.

by Anonymousreply 18December 2, 2022 5:55 PM

Asperger's absolutely affects the development of communication. All kinds of inappropriate communications occur with Asperger's and if it is not corrected and channeled properly in youth, it follows into adulthood. It then becomes part of that person's thought process.

I doubt anyone ever addressed West's mental health issues and once they take hold they are very hard to separate from his everyday behavior and thinking. it's the same with "inappropriate" sexual behavior in individuals with autism and other developmental disorders.

Thinking this is not related to his mental illness is incorrect.

by Anonymousreply 19December 2, 2022 6:01 PM

Does Asperger’s trigger allergies to matzo balls? Maybe it’s a texture thing.

by Anonymousreply 20December 2, 2022 6:04 PM

He’s a crazy asshole. Just yesterday I saw a promo for some music festival event-type thing that had three days of festivities. I know that Kanye and Lizzo each headlined one day, I can’t remember who the first day headliner was. There were lots of big names. And I want to say it was sort of Latino-flavored and Instagram was a sponsor.

Anyway, I was shocked that anyone, ANYONE, would be associated with him, let alone big names. All kinds of artists and actors. Is he getting a free pass for all his fuckery?

by Anonymousreply 21December 2, 2022 6:05 PM

He’s a scumbag. Kim is the same. You don’t marry a nazi lover without knowing.she and their kids should all fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 22December 2, 2022 6:08 PM

Why are some of you taking issue with this belief when you immediately use the "mental illness" excuse when a (white Christian) mass shooter goes on a rampage?

by Anonymousreply 23December 2, 2022 6:12 PM

He has been insane for YEARS. People have always seen it with him.

It wasn't Kanye who absolved Hitler, it was Bibi Netanyahu who said this shit yet no reaction:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24December 2, 2022 6:14 PM

lol^

by Anonymousreply 25December 2, 2022 6:14 PM

Google Kanye and autism. Multiple sources

by Anonymousreply 26December 2, 2022 6:18 PM

Asbergers has been reclassified as on the autism spectrum and not a separate condition. Kanye? he is just fucking nuts.

by Anonymousreply 27December 2, 2022 6:27 PM

I hope this isn't another autism-hate thread.

Kanye isn't excused. He's too stupid to know he needs to sit down and shut up because he's batshit. But then again, everyone who said or made him think he was God or "Ye" and humored his delusions of grandeur, that funded all his shit when he continued to act crazy, is just as stupid.

by Anonymousreply 28December 2, 2022 6:33 PM

R21, that definitely is not recent. He’s radioactive right now. Plus, he insulted Lizzo, so I can’t see her working the same festival as him.

by Anonymousreply 29December 2, 2022 6:33 PM

He's suffering from #AssTheSizeOfADoubleWhopperSyndrome.

by Anonymousreply 30December 2, 2022 6:37 PM

Arrogant Vengeful Loquacious Obsessive Mean No eye contact Lacks empathy = autism

by Anonymousreply 31December 2, 2022 6:56 PM

Ye, Nick F and milo - on spectrum. So many loathsome people have this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32December 2, 2022 7:00 PM

Some of you have really never spent a lot of time around black people, have you? The general attitude towards whites, gays, and Jews would make your eyes water.

Tolerance is a one way street.

by Anonymousreply 33December 2, 2022 7:01 PM

Being a narcissistic asshole and having Asperger syndrome are not mutually exclusive.

He does not get a pass on anything he has said or done.

by Anonymousreply 34December 2, 2022 7:11 PM

OP just pulled that bullshit out of his prolapsed ass.

by Anonymousreply 35December 2, 2022 7:14 PM

R24, Germany called him out.

by Anonymousreply 36December 2, 2022 7:15 PM

[quote]He does not get a pass on anything he has said or done.

Unfortunately there are more OP’s, than you. He gets a pass with them because he’s black. And only black.

by Anonymousreply 37December 2, 2022 7:20 PM

Nope. He is a narcissist period.

by Anonymousreply 38December 2, 2022 7:46 PM

SMH

by Anonymousreply 39December 2, 2022 7:47 PM

He’s a bizarre person for sure . He’s not engaging and rarely smiles or shows joy . That’s autism!!

by Anonymousreply 40December 2, 2022 9:16 PM

He can't sing, depends on a vocorder.

But most black men can't. It's a myth that they open their mouths and it's Stevie Wonder/Luther Vandross.

by Anonymousreply 41December 2, 2022 10:59 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 42December 3, 2022 12:57 AM

I think it's actually him suffering from China Syndrome, hon.

by Anonymousreply 43December 3, 2022 1:08 AM

Bumpy

by Anonymousreply 44December 3, 2022 1:19 AM

He’s bipolar. You can see it from space.

He is also a raging, gaping, flaming wide asshole. And overrated. I want him and his Ho ex wife to disappear forever.

by Anonymousreply 45December 3, 2022 1:20 AM

Yes it needs to be said that being bi-polar and a raging asshole are not mutually exclusive.

by Anonymousreply 46December 3, 2022 1:39 AM

R45,46, that’s more than bipolar. That’s the safe bet for psychiatrists to diagnose. Many are severely personality disordered or autistic

by Anonymousreply 47December 3, 2022 2:26 AM

R40 what does engaging mean?

by Anonymousreply 48December 3, 2022 9:00 AM

☝🏼 it means no give and take in conversation. Ye monopolizes the discussion. He averts eye contact and he has little affect . He’s also an ugly fuck

by Anonymousreply 49December 3, 2022 3:17 PM

Okay but don't make it out like that's THE problem. Plenty of people with aspergers are lovely and well meaning. He is a raging malicious narcissistic bipolar disaster.

by Anonymousreply 50December 3, 2022 5:05 PM

R50, most Aspies are terrible people. You apologists in denial are laughable. Autistics can’t understand normal people.

by Anonymousreply 51December 3, 2022 5:18 PM

Here on this site it is always said that Henri Kavill is aspie. Does that mean he an ass? R51

by Anonymousreply 52December 3, 2022 5:50 PM

I’ve thought he might have autism since I read a comment on some board, which proved to be true. During some of these interviews, when he hears a noise, he stops whatever he’s saying and looks distracted/panicked. He did it in an outdoor interview leaving some restaurant and then in that Dirty Champs interview. I don’t think that’s why he’s a bigot, but it explains his lack of communication skills. He’s also very stone faced and cold.

Should be noted a lot of extremists and mass shooters are on the spectrum. Not saying most people with autism are like this, but there is a link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53December 4, 2022 12:04 AM

R53, ☝🏼💯

by Anonymousreply 54December 4, 2022 12:13 AM

Do you even know what Asperger’s is?

by Anonymousreply 55December 4, 2022 12:17 AM

Yes , r55, a fake ass excuse to be a rude asshole . People who are self deluded to believe they are special and unique with special powers. They can’t connect to other people. They have a lot of nervous problems.

by Anonymousreply 56December 4, 2022 12:41 AM

R56 People on this board, including you, clearly don’t know what Asperger’s is. What Kanye has is not Asperger’s. People with Asperger’s are awkward and anxious and say dumb things, but they are not grandiose assholes. What Kanye has is more like sociopathy or a personality disorder of some sort

by Anonymousreply 57December 4, 2022 1:18 AM

Go suck Kanye West's tiny, deformed cocklet, OP.

by Anonymousreply 58December 4, 2022 1:32 AM

Kanye suffers from assholism.

by Anonymousreply 59December 4, 2022 1:35 AM

Kanye is 100% ghetto trash through and through. His mother’s name was Donda and his name is “Kanye.” Probably some post-1960’s African pride shit, like “Kenya” rearranged. His middle name is Omari which is Swahili.

by Anonymousreply 60December 4, 2022 1:46 AM

I don't really get Auspie vibes from him. Since adulthood I've ponder whether I was autistic because of my eccentricities. I've come to the conclusion I'm just atypical, and also brain may have been affected by drugs. I was too sociable all through childhood to be autistic. I don't think Kanye is either.

by Anonymousreply 61December 4, 2022 1:49 AM

The only reason he’s toast is because he went there - insulting the tribe is the worst an American can do. You could murder babies and be held in a higher regard. Ye is toast. And we’ll deserved.

by Anonymousreply 62December 4, 2022 1:50 AM

It's become a common theme on DL lately to paint all fringe right wingers and/or homophobes as autistic. No these people are not autistic, they are just fkin assholes. And usually narcissists.

by Anonymousreply 63December 4, 2022 1:51 AM

He's more mentally ill than Aspergers.

by Anonymousreply 64December 4, 2022 2:08 AM

If you read his mother Donda's book, the way she described him as a child made him seem like a kid on the autism spectrum.

by Anonymousreply 65December 4, 2022 6:43 AM

R65 Donda could read and write?

by Anonymousreply 66December 4, 2022 6:59 AM

R66, she was a college professor. You must be a dumb ass cunt or racist.

by Anonymousreply 67December 4, 2022 7:24 AM

R62, I sense a hint of anti Semitism. Racism anywhere is wrong and ignorant. Please fall back.

by Anonymousreply 68December 4, 2022 7:26 AM

He caused his mother’s death and it has driven him crazy.

by Anonymousreply 69December 4, 2022 7:38 AM

R69. Some say it was a blood sacrifice. Don't you think it's odd how many rising atars lose close family members of the nuclear family. It's a statistical weirdness. Amd Im talking bug stars. Even Jhud, some say that was a blood sacrifice as well.

by Anonymousreply 70December 4, 2022 7:41 AM

Ye believes his mom was a sacrifice. He said it on Alex Jones

by Anonymousreply 71December 4, 2022 7:51 AM

R70, Lawd my post is riddled in typos. Dam smartphone.

by Anonymousreply 72December 4, 2022 7:52 AM

Something is wrong with him. I don't know what it is He'll do anything for attention and is in love with himself. Loud mouth stunt queen.

by Anonymousreply 73December 4, 2022 8:13 AM

Same with milo who admits he’s autistic

by Anonymousreply 74December 4, 2022 4:08 PM

Austism and Asperger's, excuses to be assholes.

by Anonymousreply 75December 4, 2022 4:27 PM

Exactly and they can be quite hazardous ☝🏼

by Anonymousreply 76December 4, 2022 5:18 PM

I think he a spectrum-people coz he has worn mask. He became shy after his anti-semitism the last weeks. Not saying "poor YE" or anythin'. It's just me describing the social anxiety of his for saying anti-semetic stuff so bluntly. In order to deal with it, he wore that baal enci aga mask on Alex Jones. Didn't someone on here say that Chris Evens has anxiety too?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77December 4, 2022 7:00 PM

Is Mel Gibson autistic? Michael Richards?

by Anonymousreply 78December 4, 2022 7:04 PM

R77, is a pathetic autistic who thinks he’s clever

by Anonymousreply 79December 5, 2022 12:00 AM

OP You have it backwards. It is WE who suffer from Kanye West. No more excuses.

by Anonymousreply 80December 5, 2022 2:44 AM

Kanye is bipolar schizophrenic. He's off his meds and someone needs to put him in a padded cell and feed his meds intravenously. Then maybe he'll even realize what an asshole he's being.

by Anonymousreply 81December 5, 2022 6:17 AM

So who is the Spectrum Troll?

by Anonymousreply 82December 5, 2022 6:58 AM

Other autistics speculate on KW being one of them .

by Anonymousreply 83December 5, 2022 10:30 AM

One of the answers: He has said he has synesthesia which is a nurologixsl condition that impacts the senses and causes things like seeing noise as colour.

Synesthesia Is very common with Asperg Syndrome, and he has spoke before about being in the spectrum.

Very interesting guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84December 5, 2022 7:11 PM

Autists agree, he could be an autist too (not to be confused with artist). Just look at this answer of quora:

"As a person on the spectrum myself, I think it is highly likely that he is on the spectrum. He has already been open about a lot of conditions that are co-morbidities (bi-polar, synesthesia) He exhibits a lot of the attributes, his way of speech, verbal dumping during interviews, public meltdowns/outbursts. I think because he is a celebrity and a Black man, these things may be framed to be other things by society, but honestly following his career, he seems like a pretty textbook case of Aspergers. I think it’s because he is so creative that people have trouble thinking it may be autism. They think autistic people cannot be creative or social, but that’s why autism is a spectrum."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85December 5, 2022 7:13 PM

This cute aspie said he could have been misdiagnosed as bi-polar and is actually an asperger (like henry???).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86December 5, 2022 7:19 PM

☝🏼 cute? Get your eyes checked

by Anonymousreply 87December 5, 2022 7:27 PM

Cute ? ☝🏼 fugly

by Anonymousreply 88December 5, 2022 7:27 PM

Kanye is not autistic. I grew up with BET and MTV. He was always eccentric but he always spoke coherently without the mania he presents today. He was sociable, and not awkward in all the ways autistic/asperegers. Robin Williams was someone, though hilarious, was kind of awkward. Kanye has classic mania, possible BPD and defeintely NPD. He might even be hearing voices that he has not publicly admitted. This man is not autistic.

by Anonymousreply 89December 5, 2022 7:36 PM

People who actually grew up with Kanye would be saying this as all autistics display some form of it in childhood. One does not become autistic as an adult.

by Anonymousreply 90December 5, 2022 7:39 PM

R90 he could have developed it as an adult

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91December 5, 2022 7:48 PM

R84 Pharell has that too. It's common among musically inclined people. I have it. Kanye is not autistic.

by Anonymousreply 92December 5, 2022 7:52 PM

Am in the process of getting screened for ASD & ADHD as an adult, ama.

Let me just say first that KW does not read as ASD according to my understanding (possibly as someone who's lived with it). Autistic/aspergic people who function highly enough to be coherent, cogent, able to have a career etc. generally are not deliberately combative of personality, do not seek attention or a spotlight (it leads to ridicule and bullying, which ASD people tend to attract enough of without doing anything), and do not tend toward aggression or preoccupation with power & status. It's not in the typically-observed clinical profile. That's not to say he couldn't possibly be a very atypical case, but it's highly unlikely.

Fwiw I have met schizophrenics and BPD cases who behave similarly to him, down to the contrarian & offensive beliefs broadcasted from the rooftops, the sharp swerves of persona and 'gimmick', and the tendency to violent crash-and-burn self sabotage (ASD people tend to self-sabotage slowly and unwittingly, not seeing blind spots in their lives).

by Anonymousreply 93December 5, 2022 7:56 PM

Kanye West is a nasty piece of work but he has not said he's on autism spectrum so stop with labeling people and diagnosing especially with your make believe medical expertise. Like stick to real jobs if you have one.

by Anonymousreply 94December 5, 2022 8:05 PM

I agree with r89 and r90.

The schizo theory fits. His paranoia for example (Elon is a clone or some such nonsense is the latest).

by Anonymousreply 95December 5, 2022 8:31 PM

R93, is plagued with self deception. You are not special ! You are disabled and annoying as crap

by Anonymousreply 96December 7, 2022 5:11 AM

It's because he ate too many Assburgers

by Anonymousreply 97December 7, 2022 5:30 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 98December 8, 2022 6:14 AM

He’s plain ol CRAZY like Britney. Both require medical care, not hangers on and yes men.

by Anonymousreply 99December 8, 2022 3:15 PM

All I know is he better keep Queen Bey's name out of his fkin mouth.

by Anonymousreply 100December 8, 2022 3:21 PM

r24

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101December 8, 2022 3:34 PM

musically, Kanye is Randy Newman.. he can prolifically write music but yes, 95% are shit. and no, most people don't want to hear him sing.

I'd wager, he has a conduct disorder of some kind... which has been static throughout his career. It's possible he's just a run of the mill untreated schizoaffective of a bipolar type. Honestly, I think he's more unipolar.. the only time he gets despressed is on medication and he has manic espiodes that last months at a time.

This "manic" state is his believed social norm.

schizoaffective can mirror many conditions including some forms of autism. . . but there's significant differences in the longterm behavior of each. And of course, having co-morbids can make it more difficult, let alone celebrity, to diagnosis for certain.

We could also side to possible brain injuries. More my specialty, and his behavior is well, literally what you see someone with poor impulse control and no filter. It doesn't take much to get a TBI and damage the frontal. It DOES often go unnoticed for decades. . . it's quite easy to misdiagnosis unless people know what they're looking for.

by Anonymousreply 102December 8, 2022 3:51 PM

I don't gaf as long as he goes away forever.

by Anonymousreply 103December 8, 2022 4:08 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104December 10, 2022 6:07 PM

Can you have autism and be a monster at the same time? Yes. See both Kanye and Elon Musk.

A person can have cancer, multiple sclerosis, schizophrenia, lactose intolerance and cat allergies and still be an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 105December 10, 2022 6:30 PM

I suppose he could be somewhere on the autism spectrum, but his primary problems don't seem to be related to autism, and he seems to completely lack the high IQ that is a hallmark of Aspergers' Syndrome. Even though there was a good IQ in his gene pool, he's still made nothing but bad business and personal decisions... even when the bipolar disorder isn't calling the shots.

And it's calling the shots now, he's obviously off his meds and manic, and I'd guess he has one of the nastier personality disorders as well. He's going to throw away his success and his fortune, and end up drinking fentanyl boilermakers under a bridge.

by Anonymousreply 106December 11, 2022 1:38 AM

R106, that’s a myth that aspergers have high intelligence. They are just not as disabled as their lower functioning counterparts.

by Anonymousreply 107December 11, 2022 4:50 AM

Does Kanye have this too sometimes?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108December 15, 2022 10:09 PM

Kanye is a garden variety manic depressive. Tedious. Very tedious.

--Dr. Hannibal Lecter

by Anonymousreply 109December 15, 2022 10:38 PM

R96 where did I say or even imply any kind of superior feeling or sense of 'specialness'? Read my reply. You'll find I didn't.

The only reason I gave so much information and used myself as an example is because I'm currently undergoing assessment and constitute an atypical case.

by Anonymousreply 110December 15, 2022 11:39 PM

There's nothing about his behavior that suggests he has Asperger's Syndrome. Nothing.

by Anonymousreply 111December 15, 2022 11:43 PM

Nope. Kanye's an unmedicated bipolar (aka manic depression) like Britney Spears,

by Anonymousreply 112December 16, 2022 12:18 AM

Aspies suck

by Anonymousreply 113December 16, 2022 11:46 AM

R113 don't be mean! They were born that way just like gays.

by Anonymousreply 114December 16, 2022 12:54 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 115December 30, 2022 6:51 AM

I think it’s very possible

by Anonymousreply 116July 2, 2023 5:32 PM

Bipolar with a side of Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

by Anonymousreply 117July 2, 2023 6:10 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 118August 19, 2023 5:50 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!