Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Delphi Murders: Richard Allen

The old thread was full. Continue the discussion here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126February 21, 2024 7:53 PM

He looks MAGA.

by Anonymousreply 1December 2, 2022 2:22 AM

He’s not the guy.

by Anonymousreply 2December 2, 2022 2:23 AM

We'll see if he's the guy. Authorities seem to think he is.

by Anonymousreply 3December 2, 2022 2:24 AM

I’m really curious to hear the rest of the evidence the prosecution has and what they removed from his house during that search last month. Also, what they dug up in his yard - I think it was a flash drive.

by Anonymousreply 4December 2, 2022 2:25 AM

R1 He’s is central casting MAGA. How does someone think, I know! I’ll grow a long scraggly gray beard! That’ll make me look younger!

by Anonymousreply 5December 2, 2022 2:27 AM

[quote] “He is innocent and completely confused as to why he has been charged with these crimes.”

Because of Internet trolls, and I hope he sues not just the state but these message board platforms, like Reddit and Datalounge. It would be great if he sued the individual posters. The amount of liable and slander, it’s terrible.

by Anonymousreply 6December 2, 2022 2:27 AM

R6, Mrs Allen, is that you??

by Anonymousreply 7December 2, 2022 2:31 AM

Sorry but his attorney claiming he went to the police letting them know he was on the trail that day doesn't cast innocence, but guilt. Serial murderers often revel in that kind of teasing.

by Anonymousreply 8December 2, 2022 2:35 AM

R6 internet trolls didn't even know who he was until.he was charged. Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 9December 2, 2022 2:36 AM

[quote] The amount of liable and slander, it’s terrible.

It's libel, not liable.

by Anonymousreply 10December 2, 2022 2:38 AM

Yes they did, R9. On 4chan, Datalounge’s cousin.

by Anonymousreply 11December 2, 2022 2:39 AM

Thank you, R10.

by Anonymousreply 12December 2, 2022 2:39 AM

If his wife really thinks he's innocent, she would've told the World by now. Also, she looks mildly retarded.

In the PCA, it says one of the girls says "gun", on an unreleased portion of the video she took. He did this.

by Anonymousreply 13December 2, 2022 2:42 AM

R11 you honestly think police arrested a man based on 4chan claims?

by Anonymousreply 14December 2, 2022 3:06 AM

There is really an uncanny resemblance between Libby and his daughter, which probably means nothing. It is just eerie. If I have read the PCA correctly, this guy put himself on the bridge at the time of the murder/abduction, was videotaped threatening the girls with a gun, left the bullet at the crime scene, and denied ever going onto that property or loaning his gun to anyone. He was also witnessed leaving the area with bloody, muddy clothes. Just how fucking stupid are the ISP?

by Anonymousreply 15December 5, 2022 3:10 PM

[quote]The amount of liable

You know a LOT about the law, I can tell.

by Anonymousreply 16December 5, 2022 3:20 PM

The woman who saw someone on the road with muddy and bloody clothes didn't tell the police until February 22nd, so 9 days after the murders.

by Anonymousreply 17December 5, 2022 3:20 PM

There was someone on the other thread who said that Bridge Guy didn't look as short as Allen but when I look at this photo, Bridge Guy eerily does look like Allen (albeit from afar) and pretty short.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 5, 2022 3:32 PM

R18- I think he does as well. I believe RA is the BG and he killed those two girls, but we will see at his trial.

by Anonymousreply 19December 5, 2022 4:07 PM

"Sorry but his attorney claiming he went to the police letting them know he was on the trail that day doesn't cast innocence, but guilt. Serial murderers often revel in that kind of teasing."

And he did it not before, but AFTER the photo of bridge guy-- but not the audio-- was released. "Oh, yeah, I already told you I was there, but of course I didn't kill the girls." He was setting up a defense, but it backfired. If he hadn't gone to LE and told them he was there, he probably never would have been caught.

by Anonymousreply 20December 5, 2022 4:53 PM

I get the vibe that the trial case is about RA leading the girls to the location, where one or more conspirators participated in the incident. What I've heard is that the felony murder charge in Indiana is what would normally be accessory to murder in other states. I don't know if that's accurate information though, my understanding from all the videos I've watched over the last few weeks is that the felony murder charge indicates that the prosecution believes RA is a participant and if they had reason to believe that he was the specific perp it would be a different charge. If that's true then good for Indiana I always find it ridiculous when the "helpers" get off so light.

by Anonymousreply 21December 5, 2022 5:28 PM

R21 Oh please, give it up. The affidavit didn't mention another person being involved. They have no evidence for another person being involved.

by Anonymousreply 22December 5, 2022 5:31 PM

No r21 that is not correct. The murder class he was charged with was tied to him is plain old murder. They done have degrees there. Murder while committing an act such as kidnapping, which is essentially what he did with the gun and “guys down the hill” stuff.

I have attached a summary of legal definitions of murder to clear that up for you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23December 6, 2022 12:28 AM

One reason he was probably missed the first time around is because he did not go to the actual police but to a park conservation officer when he advised he was at the park/bridge at the time. I’m guessing that got lost in the shuffle and then the ISP went back with a fine tooth comb over all the evidence and he popped up as they said the Delphi guys didn’t do anything with it. Why they missed it is anyone’s guess. Clerical, poor follow up by police or the conservation officer or someone knew him and thought he was a good guy he plays pool with and didn’t look into it.

I think that fits too because in these interviews we have heard about prior to his arrest Allen sounds dumb as wood. He isn’t a stone cold psychopath who could have the balls to walk into a station or whatever and tell them he was there but didn’t do it.

by Anonymousreply 24December 6, 2022 12:34 AM

R20- Yes and remember he worked in the only pharmacy in town. He did not want to take the chance of being identified by a witness who would know exactly who he was. I would give anything to have been able to see his reaction to Libby's video. She did nail his sorry ass in the end.

by Anonymousreply 25December 6, 2022 12:43 AM

R24- I believe one reason they overlooked him is because they were convinced that the property owner RL was the killer at first. They focused on him even though he was 77 years old and looked nothing like the sketch. Too old, too tall, white hair.

by Anonymousreply 26December 6, 2022 12:47 AM

That too I’m sure r26. Probably a number of reasons.

Allen had almost 6 years to clean his story up if he ever got pulled in for questioning but he didn’t. And he even kept evidence buried on his property all that time. That’s along freaking time. Complete dummy.

by Anonymousreply 27December 6, 2022 12:51 AM

I wonder what part of the property they dog up and how they knew to dig in certain areas for the evidence ?

by Anonymousreply 28December 6, 2022 12:52 AM

He also kept the damn gun he used. You’d think when that video came out he’d remember that he also pulled his gun around that time and gotten rid of the damn thing. They’d have much less to pin him down with.

by Anonymousreply 29December 6, 2022 12:54 AM

R28- I am thinking his wife told them a lot when they interviewed her. For example, he admitted that he had a gun, but his wife told them that he also kept knives. He did not. He seemed to have no friends. He played pool twice a week but only went with his wife. A real loner, no SM. It had to be her.

by Anonymousreply 30December 6, 2022 12:56 AM

Makes sense too r30

by Anonymousreply 31December 6, 2022 12:57 AM

R29- He never fired that gun so he did not believe the gun could be linked to the crime. He only used the gun to threaten and control the girls. He is a knife guy. I think the knife was part of his killing fantasy. He either did not realize that he chambered a bullet and the gun ejected it or he had no idea a bullet could be linked to his gun. But he killed them with some kind of knife. LE said a bladed weapon. He nearly decapitated Libby. A family member who was part of the search party found them and described what he saw. Abby was stabbed in the neck and chest. Idk if he slashed her throat but he posed her body against a tree, her hands folded in her lap, her hoodie pulled over her head. Libby was nude, face down , and covered with leaves. If this is an accurate account that is how they were found. Rumors are it was much worse, so idk.

by Anonymousreply 32December 6, 2022 1:04 AM

Just to add, he also staged the crime scene and left some items, nonsecular one detective said. It is said to have been strange, odd, the stuff of nightmares. Those are the descriptors the investigators used. I never want to see a photo of the girls bodies, ever, but I really want to know just how the hell he staged that crime scene.

by Anonymousreply 33December 6, 2022 1:10 AM

I wouldn't overthink the digging up of his property. Cops do that routinely in serious cases to check that something (or someone) hasn't been buried there.

by Anonymousreply 34December 6, 2022 3:10 AM

R34- I am more interested in what they took from his house and how they got the search warrant.

by Anonymousreply 35December 6, 2022 3:18 AM

R33 If you spend some time on the reddit you'll find a lot of references to what I think was the uncle or friend of the uncle of Libby, leaked details about the crime scene that were confirmed by another relative as legitimate messages. No one has disputed that when it's come up so I think it's legit. Libby was described as mostly/nearly decapitated, undressed, covered in and violated with tree/bush branches. Abigail was described as posed sat up against the tree with her hood up and her hands folded "like a doll". There wasn't any information about the wounds/damage to Abigail and she wasn't undressed or maybe was only partially undressed.

by Anonymousreply 36December 6, 2022 3:28 AM

R23 I see, I just heard that the felony murder charge would also include what would be prosecuted in other states as accessory to murder. Meaning if I used a gun to intimidate a victim into going to a second location, where another person then stabs that person to death as a part of our conspiracy, I'm also guilty of felony murder in Indiana. I'm not arguing this, just repeating what i've heard and wondering if that is indeed accurate because a lot of people seem to be under the impression that they're preparing to prosecute multiple suspects in this case.

by Anonymousreply 37December 6, 2022 3:30 AM

[quote]a lot of people seem to be under the impression that they're preparing to prosecute multiple suspects in this case.

A lot of people over at Reddit right?

by Anonymousreply 38December 6, 2022 3:32 AM

R36- There have many rumors lately that Abby was also decapitated. Can you imagine finding her sitting up leaning on a tree with her hoodie pulled up? That is beyond creepy.

by Anonymousreply 39December 6, 2022 3:33 AM

We don't know exactly when RA went to the police (or the Fish and Wildlife Officer, supposedly) and said he had been on the trail. It seems like he said he was out there before the still from the video was released. I don't know where people are getting that he told the police after the video came out, because the probable cause affidavit didn't tell us the date of when he let the police know.

by Anonymousreply 40December 6, 2022 3:34 AM

R38 no mostly attorneys/ex LE who make true crime videos

by Anonymousreply 41December 6, 2022 3:34 AM

I do not understand why some people on Reddit are just determined that KK and or his father are in anyway involved in the murders. This is a classic lone killer crime. LE have been investigating those pedos for years now and as far as I know they haven't found one ounce of proof that RA even knew those men. Of course he didn't know them, he is a total loner.

by Anonymousreply 42December 6, 2022 3:36 AM

[quote]Libby was described as mostly/nearly decapitated, undressed, covered in and violated with tree/bush branches.

I've read a couple of subreddits and nowhere have I ever heard she was raped with tree branches. I don't know where this is coming from. Don't just tell me "it's on the reddit," because the subreddits I've read are all unanimous in saying we DO NOT KNOW if there was sexual assault or not.

by Anonymousreply 43December 6, 2022 3:37 AM

[quote]I do not understand why some people on Reddit are just determined that KK and or his father are in anyway involved in the murders.

Because they think KK was chatting online with Libby with his catfishing (for underage nudes) account the night before she died.

We don't honestly know if he really did talk to her that night. We know the cops told him they found messages from him to her that night, because the text of one of their interrogations of KK was accidentally uploaded to the legal website and some people managed to get a copy before the error was caught.

The problem is that people read the interrogation and assume everything the cops said to KK in there is truth. We don't know if it is. Cops can lie to people during questioning, that's perfectly legal.

My issue with their claims that KK chatted with Libby the night before is that they would hint at messages about the catfishing account saying he had a cool car, and KK would admit that he just sent that kind of message out en masse to a bunch of girls without really paying attention to who specifically got it. It's possible he sent out mass messages like that to all the girls following his Insta account, which isn't the same as chatting directly with Libby.

Also, KK can't be Bridge Guy because he's about 450 lbs and Bridge Guy is not. So the cops were always trying to get KK to say that it was his dad who did the murders, because his dad TK is closer in size to Bridge Guy. That's another reason I feel like they could have been lying to KK, to get him to say "I didn't send those messages, it must have been someone else" and then they could say "oh, was it your dad?" and go from there.

by Anonymousreply 44December 6, 2022 3:42 AM

[quote]Just to add, he also staged the crime scene and left some items, nonsecular one detective said.

Again, we don't know about the "nonsecular" thing. The brief mention of "nonsecular items" was in a blogger's transcript of their interview with a detective, then removed very quickly. No one has ever said anything about finding "nonsecular items" since then.

Reading this thread is strange. It's like someone deliberately took all the unsubstantiated rumors about the case and purposely posted them here as facts.

by Anonymousreply 45December 6, 2022 3:45 AM

R43- Of course there was SA. Two young girls were abducted and murdered. One found nude and clothing from both victims were found in the creek. This is one of the main reasons the detectives have refused to release information. They are being protective of the victims and their families.

by Anonymousreply 46December 6, 2022 3:47 AM

R35 The affidavit says that during a search of Allen's home on Oct. 13, 2022, officers found knives and guns, including a "Sig Sauer, Model P226, .40-caliber pistol."

The case probably isn't as complicated as you think it is.

by Anonymousreply 47December 6, 2022 3:47 AM

R45-Most of the rumors are from the leaked text messages, but of course information gets leaked. It is a small town and this is now an infamous crime. LE is responsible for much of the morbid curiosity for giving interviews and describing the CS as strange, odd, the stuff of nightmares. BG was their scary monster walking free for nearly six years. That crime scene has been described as the stuff of nightmares by the investigators themselves. People are only human. They want to know just what he did.

by Anonymousreply 48December 6, 2022 3:53 AM

Sure but why can't you be clear that you're talking about theories or rumors, not fact? It drives me crazy that there's a poster or two on here who keeps stating these things as fact when they are not known to be.

by Anonymousreply 49December 6, 2022 3:57 AM

The uncle didn't say Libby had been raped with tree branches.

We also don't know that Libby was found nude. The uncle did say that in his texts, but he also said Libby fought back. The search warrant for Ron Logan (early suspect for those who don't know) specifically said there was no signs of a struggle. The uncle may have incorrect information.

by Anonymousreply 50December 6, 2022 4:02 AM

The leaked texts from the uncle are here. Nothing about being raped with a tree branch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51December 6, 2022 4:04 AM

R44- I do not know very much about TK except he is absolute scum. I believe it is very difficult for people to accept the fact that Libby was being cat fished by a pedophile but she also had the tragic luck to be in the path of a sexual sadist that day and these two things are not related. Of course I may be totally wrong, but RA is a lone wolf killer, imo. He doesn't socialize with anyone except his family. I believe he had been fantasizing about this for a very long time. He was also probably drinking as well but he went there to do what he did- kill. He said he went to the trails often. He trolled and fantasized and planned. The bridge was a trap and he knew this. That is just my unimportant opinion.

by Anonymousreply 52December 6, 2022 4:04 AM

R51- I don't believe I claimed that. Idk what happened to those girls. Other than the leaked texts , the only rumor that I believe may be true is that Libby was stabbed in the abdomen with a branch or large stick. , But no one other than LE knows the COD. I only would like to know how he staged the crime scene, what he left, what he took with him, if anything.

by Anonymousreply 53December 6, 2022 4:09 AM

R52 That's what I think too. This guy knew that kids regularly went to that bridge and he was probably scouting for an opportunity. Cops are probably keeping an open mind when they say they want to continue getting tips and that it's still possible that someone else was involved.

by Anonymousreply 54December 6, 2022 4:15 AM

R54- Do you think when they say others are involved they could mean someone gave him an alibi or tipped him in and they are trying to protect that persons identity?

by Anonymousreply 55December 6, 2022 4:22 AM

R54 He didn't have an alibi - he openly admitted to being in the area on the day. If someone tipped him in there would be no need to prosecute them. (Although I am sure that they're investigating the wife to see if she knew or not.)

This is what Nicholas McLeland, the Carroll County Prosecutor, said when asked if someone else could have been involved in the murders: 'We have not closed the door on this case.'

That's it - they just have not closed their minds and want people to carry on sending in tips (probably mainly about Allen since they obviously would like to strengthen their case).

by Anonymousreply 56December 6, 2022 4:38 AM

R56- Yes, if anyone. She may have inadvertently given them information when they interviewed her. Idk, that is only speculation because she told them that he had knives as well as guns, for example. For some reason RA did not tell them that. She may not understand how some information could be so damaging to him because I believe she thinks he is totally innocent.

by Anonymousreply 57December 6, 2022 4:49 AM

R57-;I meant she thought he was totally innocent at during the interview. I have no idea what she believes now.

by Anonymousreply 58December 6, 2022 4:51 AM

But really, some doubt must be creeping into her mind now, wouldn't you think? There seems to be a LOT of circumstantial evidence against this guy. Enough to really make one wonder if he could possibly be a double child murder... I feel for her because I do not think she suspected him at all. He gave an interview, didn't he? Six years went by. Her world has been shattered.

by Anonymousreply 59December 6, 2022 5:03 AM

R32 I already knew of all of that. Please read my post at r29 again. I did not suggest he “fired the gun”

He did however use it as part of the crime he committed and knew that there was a partial of a video released around the time that he followed and confronted the girls. He was not smart enough to think about the fact that LE may therefore be aware he had a gun to commit the kidnapping. A smart killer would have covered all of his tracks and gotten rid of anything that associated him with the crime.

by Anonymousreply 60December 6, 2022 7:25 AM

Let’s all remember they said others “may be involved”

by Anonymousreply 61December 6, 2022 7:26 AM

R37 It does indeed sound like you are arguing against pure facts by using speculation. It also sounds like you either did not understand or even read the Indiana legal description of “murder” that I posted at r23. It was the first main heading. I’m not going to engage with you anymore if you’re not going to bother or you can’t understand it. He and he alone has been charged with murder and you need to read what that involves in the description. Now the state will need to prove he did what the Indiana definition of murder is. Go ahead and believe Reddit over a criminal law firm’s definition of murder under the Indiana criminal code.

by Anonymousreply 62December 6, 2022 7:35 AM

R42 because Reddit is full of mostly illogical people who have lost the plot and talk about “having strong vibes” about someone being guilty. Most think they are a lot smarter than they are. I skimmed a Reddit thread a week or so ago about the idaho roommate murders and these ladies are coming up with misconstrued ideas based on rumours or facts that have been tossed around so much they are no longer accurate and then they start encouraging each other to “call the tip line with that too!”

They think they are so smart at solving crimes that they only have 1% of the information on, that they are clogging up tip lines and making police work harder. Then they complain that the police are taking too long, or aren’t doing a good job, or even more arrogantly , they are angry that police haven’t released more information. Reddit is a clusterfuck when it comes to true crime. Most of them need to either get a job or spend more time with family or make some real life friends.

by Anonymousreply 63December 6, 2022 7:45 AM

After reading this thread, I no longer want to know how they died. I’ve had sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 64December 6, 2022 1:01 PM

“ That is just my unimportant opinion.”

R52 needs to work on her self-esteem.

by Anonymousreply 65December 6, 2022 2:13 PM

R49- I do believe that I have. Everything is 99% rumor because this case has been carried out in almost total secrecy. It is up to us what we choose to believe . This is speculation but I highly suspect that the guy who was taken off of the case has leaked some information to that podcast Murder Sheet .

by Anonymousreply 66December 7, 2022 6:44 PM

R60- I admit that I am a bit concerned about why they are charging felony murder. I understand the kidnaping charge makes him guilty of murder, if convicted. But I do wonder if they using that charge because they only have evidence of kidnapping, but not the murders. In the end the his sentence would be the same, wouldn't it?

by Anonymousreply 67December 7, 2022 6:57 PM

R67, it would be under Indiana law as I understand it. The state does not recognize various degrees of murder; it appears that once you are charged with murder, you are, in theory, eligible for the death penalty, or at least life in prison.

by Anonymousreply 68December 7, 2022 7:16 PM

R68- Thank you for explaining that to me.

by Anonymousreply 69December 7, 2022 7:19 PM

The Murder Sheet couple are good at what they do, but lawd is they homely.

by Anonymousreply 70December 7, 2022 7:22 PM

R70- I never watch them but yesterday someone was posting about what extreme right wing trump supporters they are. Now I hate them. They are also desperate to push the KK nonexistent connection because since RA was arrested they are desperate to keep their viewers interested.

by Anonymousreply 71December 7, 2022 7:32 PM

R70 = Shug Avery

by Anonymousreply 72December 7, 2022 8:51 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73December 14, 2022 4:49 PM

Yeah, I'll believe that conspiracy ring theory when the cops provide evidence to support it. Still not convinced.

by Anonymousreply 74December 14, 2022 4:52 PM

R67 felony murder in indiana to my understanding could be brought against the perpetrator of a murder or an accomplice to it. they don't have a separate lighter charge for only being an accessory. so it could be that they suspect him of being an accomplice but didn't execute the killing or it could be that he's the only guy involved.

by Anonymousreply 75December 14, 2022 5:12 PM

I said from the time this guy was arrested that fat guy Kline would turn on him if he was involved. That’s what happened. The owner of the property was also in on this. What possess and old man to get involved in something so sinister? There have got to be more victims out there.

This will sound awful, but the girls were better off being killed right away than being raped and sex trafficked by these motherfuckers.

by Anonymousreply 76December 14, 2022 5:36 PM

Are you certain on old man r76? I saw the DF article but skimmed quickly. If all three of these losers were involved, that would fill in the holes of all the fuck-ups cops made because this is not a typical murder investigation.

by Anonymousreply 77December 14, 2022 5:39 PM

The plan was to kidnap and rape them on the old man's property? Which of the three wizards came up with that?

by Anonymousreply 78December 14, 2022 5:42 PM

No one was involved but Allen. They are just running out of stuff to talk about since the gag order.

At best there could have been some online collaboration to chat with young girls who weren’t savvy to the dangers of online catfishing etc but Richard is a dufus who walked back to his car “muddy and bloody” along a well travelled roadway as seen by a witness driving by. He wouldn’t have done that while the others went to Logan’s house to clean up or whatever. The guy is 10 cents short of a dollar.

I thought it was this thread where I posted the explanations of Indiana law and murder and accessory but people continue to harp on that. I can’t be bothered looking for the details again to post again. It’s such a tiresome convo that keeps coming back again and again.

by Anonymousreply 79December 14, 2022 6:31 PM

[quote]I said from the time this guy was arrested that fat guy Kline would turn on him if he was involved. That’s what happened.

You'd think that the probable cause affidavit would make mention of that. Yet.. nothing about Kline or Logan or anyone else being involved. The PCA focused on Allen being at the scene on the day, his gun, witnesses, what he was wearing, etc.

by Anonymousreply 80December 14, 2022 6:38 PM

R43 there’s a guy or guys who post under the alias, “Robert Lindsay” have a website called Beyond Highbrow where the most explicit claims about the crime scene (and the case in general) are made. Warning: Not only are their descriptions of the crime scene very disturbing, but you have to wade theough a lot of unrelated indignant incel posts about women.

by Anonymousreply 81December 18, 2022 9:22 AM

So eerie, so haunted.

by Anonymousreply 82January 22, 2023 3:02 PM

Sorry , link didn't work. It's called: Retracing the killers steps by Richard Frost on YouTube. He shows where the bodies were found. He also heard an unexplained voice, crying, and other strange sounds. He gets very nervous and a bit frightened. Take it as you will but it is the best footage of the crime scene and he retraces every step of the crime from the bridge where it all started to RA's path out of the woods. Creepy af and very, very sad.

by Anonymousreply 83January 22, 2023 3:09 PM

R83- Thomas Frost, not Richard. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 84January 22, 2023 3:30 PM

The rumor now about the items he staged at the crime scene were some kind of coins. Idk, but that makes more sense than the, imo, ridiculous rumors about life sized dolls. We saw the search helicopter hovering all over the crime scene and I did screen shots of the original footage. I believe dolls would have been visible but I really don't know. No one knows except those who were there. Their death certificates were posted on Reddit. It states that the COD was exsanguination but there were many careless mistakes on those DC's. It also gave Abby's time of death one day later than Libby's. Rumors are that Abby lived longer , throughout the night and slowly bled to death. ISP better hope not . They called off the search far too early that day. Their opinion was that the girls were out with friends and just didn't come home. Inexcusable search for such young, missing girls. Their incompetence started at the very beginning of this case, imo.

by Anonymousreply 85January 22, 2023 4:56 PM

So they bled out from wounds? Terrible. This case is so depressing.

by Anonymousreply 86January 22, 2023 10:12 PM

R86- Yes, it is haunting. Libby would have died quicky due to her injuries. It is Abby who may have lived longer. I sincerely hope that she didn't endure a lingering death. Surely her murderer would not have left her alive, especially when her family were already searching for them.

by Anonymousreply 87January 22, 2023 10:20 PM

I didn't think the rumors were that dolls were staged, but that the bodies were staged "like dolls," based on the texts leaked from some family member.

by Anonymousreply 88January 23, 2023 5:02 AM

I can't believe we haven't seen any updates on this case posted here for a couple months now.

by Anonymousreply 89January 23, 2023 5:04 AM

[quote] I didn't think the rumors were that dolls were staged, but that the bodies were staged "like dolls," based on the texts leaked from some family member.

What does that even mean?

by Anonymousreply 90January 23, 2023 5:28 AM

[quote] ISP better hope not .

What?!

by Anonymousreply 91January 23, 2023 5:30 AM

R91- State police. They called off the search that evening.

by Anonymousreply 92January 24, 2023 6:32 AM

Any updates?

I saw the photos of the clothing in the water and they were so sad. I can’t wait for this to go to trial. F that guy.

by Anonymousreply 93February 5, 2023 2:59 AM

Anyone got a link for photo of the clothing in water? Tia

by Anonymousreply 94February 5, 2023 4:02 AM

R94- It is on this YT video. My advice is skip to the photos. He says nothing of importance or interest, imo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95February 6, 2023 9:48 PM

Thanks r95. I did find it very interesting.

by Anonymousreply 96February 6, 2023 10:50 PM

For those who listen to the Murder Sheet podcast, they just released an interesting episode where they interview an old CVS coworker of Allen’s who did not like him.

The coworker says athough she hasn’t seen him dressed like BG (he wore a nicer outfit for work), his body shape and voice are consistent with the guy on the video.

by Anonymousreply 97February 7, 2023 6:04 PM

Anyone see this? I wonder if this is typical, that type of limit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98February 13, 2023 11:48 PM

They have been overly, really suspiciously, secretive about this case from the very beginning. Idk of they are afraid of their incompetence being revealed or something else, but no, I do not believe this level of secrecy is normal not should it be allowed.

by Anonymousreply 99February 16, 2023 11:27 PM

Nor.

by Anonymousreply 100February 16, 2023 11:27 PM

[quote]their incompetence being revealed

It's probably that. Allen even told them that he was there on the day and yet they obsessively focused on a more dramatic sex trafficking ring theory.

by Anonymousreply 101February 16, 2023 11:30 PM

His counsel has got to make police incompetence a major part of their defense.

by Anonymousreply 102February 16, 2023 11:36 PM

R101- Yes, that was embarrassingly incompetent. He should have been the person of interest the very first day.

by Anonymousreply 103February 16, 2023 11:37 PM

Okay I have an unhealthy obsession with this case, and can share things "official" or somehow confirmed (I can share links, although I'm cheap and not a DL subscriber but I will bookmark this and update if anyone cares) in no particular order:

- the reason why Libby and Abby have different dod, is the family members chose different days for the death certificate. One chose the day they died and one chose the day they were found.

- the probable cause affidavit does not contain all evidence, just enough to arrest someone.

- essentially, they looked at everybody but the guy who came forward and admitted he was on the bridge at the exact time and looked just like bridge guy.

- the leaked texts were confirmed by Abby's mother (it was her brother) in a video interview I saw. Nothing about SA but one was stabbed in chest and other nearly decapitated so it's safe to say they at least died instantly

- the fat guy who lies all the time and had the fake profile confirmed in an interview with HLN that police told him his fake alias was the last person to communicate with Libby (so realistically, this is hours/minutes before, not day before if the cops weren't lying to him)

- if you read the PCA you will read about multiple witness confirmed by camera and other witnesses. His car is captured heading to the abadoned parking lot and was noticed by passersby because it was parked backed in against the abadoned building to not show license plate

- he admits seeing 3 girls (not including Libby and Abby). He knew he had to because 1 of them said hello to him and he just glared back at them and freaked them out. So both the girls and he confirmed they saw each other

- another woman going for a walk up to the bridge noted seeing him on the bridge, turned around, walked passed L&A heading to the bridge, and her car is captured leaving. It wasn't revealed if he said he saw her.

- woman saw him walking along road leading back to his car "muddy and bloody like he had been in a fight" her car is captured on CCTV. It's not revealed if he is.

- a gun, registered to him and claimed by him he never lends to anyone, was found in the search of his house and bullets match unspent bullet at scene and make same spent marks when fired. Clothes were also taken. Wife confirmed he owned blue jacket seen in video as did he.

- in the video one of the girls yells " gun"

- the time confirmed when Libby uploaded pics to snapchat and when he was spotted by driver was like a horrific 1 1/2 hours so he was there a long time

- the time from when he was captured driving and the 3 girls were seen was like 10 min so he was sitting in hia car a while before going to the trails. One of the girls said he was "walking with a purpose"

- there was a search of the river far away from crime scene allegedly prompted by the fat guy who last spoke to Libby. Rumor only: nothing was found.

Overall: a man came forward, admitting he has clothes that match the suspect, owns a gun that matches unspent round, parked in an abadoned building rather than the trail parking lot, passed 3 girls on the trails a half hour before the abduction, and was on the bridge. But he didn't see or kill the girls.

And the cops spent time on a nationwide search for everyone but the only guy who admitted being there.

PCA in link below

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104February 19, 2023 4:41 PM

It just makes you sick. LE fucked up so bad.

by Anonymousreply 105February 19, 2023 11:25 PM

Evidently, Allen admitted to the killings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106June 15, 2023 7:31 PM

Misleading - what he actually tweeted is: " Prosecutor said Allen “confessed 5 or 6 times to killing the girls.” Defense team says the vague statements are inconsistent with Allen’s previous statements."

So the defense is still saying that Allen didn't confess.

by Anonymousreply 107June 15, 2023 8:08 PM

Trial will be in January.

by Anonymousreply 108June 15, 2023 8:13 PM

He confessed to his wife on a phone call in April.

by Anonymousreply 109June 29, 2023 1:21 AM

Welp I guess his wife finally had to accept his guilt. She was adamant about his innocence and I appeared to truly believe in his innocence. His mother has there for him as well. That must have been devastating for her.

by Anonymousreply 110July 1, 2023 1:18 AM

New document release from the defense attorney.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111September 22, 2023 12:23 AM

The document in R111 finally describes the crimes scene. It is utterly bizarre. I was sure Richard Allen was the guy. Not so much anymore…

by Anonymousreply 112September 28, 2023 3:35 AM

Dr. Grande doesn't think Richard Allen did the murders (or doesn't think the state has enough to prove it). He also doesn't think Odin followers did it, either (if I got the gist of this video).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113September 28, 2023 3:41 AM

Oh please, it's ridiculous. And desperate.

That ridiculous defense has just made me think even more that Allen is the guy who did it.

by Anonymousreply 114September 28, 2023 3:59 AM

Scott Peterson and Jeffrey MacDonald also used the "it was a cult!" defense. Both are still rotting in prison.

by Anonymousreply 115September 28, 2023 4:35 AM

Acid is groovy

by Anonymousreply 116September 28, 2023 4:42 AM

Idk why people want things to be some kind of complicated conspiracy. Same thing with the cops being obsessed with a Kegan Kline pedo ring while ignoring the obvious candidate who was right in front of them the whole time.

by Anonymousreply 117September 28, 2023 5:17 AM

Why are people so obsessed with this case? I don’t get it.

by Anonymousreply 118September 28, 2023 5:19 AM

Because it's kind of insane. Two normal white girls are brutally murdered while on a nice day out and even got their killer on video. That isn't something that happens often.

by Anonymousreply 119September 28, 2023 5:21 AM

More charges.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120January 20, 2024 4:58 PM

Dead eyes & MAGA too.

by Anonymousreply 121January 20, 2024 6:10 PM

There are crazy fraus on Reddit defending him and sending him Christmas cards.

by Anonymousreply 122February 13, 2024 10:01 PM

New info out okay and a documentary was made. Ron Logan’s ex gf is sure he was involved. I think it was Allen and Logan. Logan is dead, though

by Anonymousreply 123February 21, 2024 1:17 PM

Why does he have a squirrel tail stapled to his chin

by Anonymousreply 124February 21, 2024 1:20 PM

R123 What evidence or reasons does she have for that?

by Anonymousreply 125February 21, 2024 1:21 PM

No evidence. He was a shitty boyfriend. The killer was Allen.

The conspiracy nuts were out in full force in that CW documentary. One loon after another.

by Anonymousreply 126February 21, 2024 7:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!