Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Netflix Harry & Meghan trailer is out

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601December 11, 2022 10:53 PM

Is there anything more tired and trite than a picture of a frau gazing thoughtfully at her bloated belly, contemplating the wonder of new life?

Barf-o-rama.

by Anonymousreply 1December 1, 2022 12:41 PM

Harry protecting his family and so many Meghan years 🙄

by Anonymousreply 2December 1, 2022 12:42 PM

^^^ tears

by Anonymousreply 3December 1, 2022 12:42 PM

OP, are you the dingbat who legitimately doesn't know how to find news on any website but the DM?

by Anonymousreply 4December 1, 2022 12:42 PM

If they aren’t going to show the kids why bother, they keep rehashing the same sob stories

by Anonymousreply 5December 1, 2022 12:44 PM

She was good at cradling that bump. I'm interested in seeing this show.

by Anonymousreply 6December 1, 2022 12:45 PM

Cunts.

"They all tried to bury me."

Apparently self-immolation remains the preferred Super Victim's choice, as she fucked her way to Montecito.

by Anonymousreply 7December 1, 2022 12:48 PM

First comment in the article: "who takes a picture of themselfs crying ?"

Indeed. Victims gonna victim.

by Anonymousreply 8December 1, 2022 12:58 PM

It is not usually a moment people would like to remember, but they are significant historical figures, recall. It's just like the presidential figure, capturing history.

by Anonymousreply 9December 1, 2022 1:10 PM

Imagine the streets of South Africa this morning.

by Anonymousreply 10December 1, 2022 1:11 PM

For those who stomach it, does it look like an attack on the monarchy or is it just them alternating between whining about themselves and marvelling at themselves?

by Anonymousreply 11December 1, 2022 1:13 PM

They purposely timed this to overshadow William & Kate.

by Anonymousreply 12December 1, 2022 1:30 PM

Trending on Twitter...

#WilliamandKateBooed

😂

by Anonymousreply 13December 1, 2022 1:39 PM

^ Only people with no lives of their own care about stupid twitter tags and trends.

by Anonymousreply 14December 1, 2022 3:10 PM

I'm already bored.

Let's not give these people any more oxygen. It may be plentiful but I'd rather save it for literally anything else.

by Anonymousreply 15December 1, 2022 3:21 PM

"trending" for you, and "trending" across Twitter are two very different things. I don't follow royals or ex-royal subject matter on Twitter, and they are not trending.

by Anonymousreply 16December 1, 2022 3:26 PM

With regard to the trailer, Omad Scobie tweeted if Earthshot is William's Superbowl, here's your halftime show.

Him, their trash trolls here... all their supporters so oddly personalize it. Doesn't it occur to him, for example, that when he's off no use he'll be dispatched? And then he'll have to write a tell all on her and then, after that, he's back to being nothing and no one?

by Anonymousreply 17December 1, 2022 3:31 PM

Nice comparison, Omid Scabies!

I never watch halftime shows as they're overblown and obnoxious.

by Anonymousreply 18December 1, 2022 3:34 PM

A prone to wardrobe malfunctions. And God knows we can count on Megantoinette for that!

by Anonymousreply 19December 1, 2022 3:48 PM

[quote] #WilliamandKateBooed

Yeah, in Boston. I can think of a couple reasons for that, none have anything to do with William or Kate.

by Anonymousreply 20December 1, 2022 3:56 PM

I'll be honest.... I can't wait for the reviews. Most reporters who see the Sussexes for what they are know how twist the knife. It's going to be hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 21December 1, 2022 3:57 PM

You know there will be iconic moments from this, just not the way she imagined, and I can't wait. She clearly sees herself as a kicky rom com heroine extraordinaire.

She really is that stupid, I was not sure until now but this seals it.

by Anonymousreply 22December 1, 2022 4:03 PM

R22, you make me reconsider my decision not to watch it. If I watch it refusing to take it seriously, it is bound to be a howler.

by Anonymousreply 23December 1, 2022 4:16 PM

Why does this come out on the day William's in the US? It's like the worst case of sibling jealousy evah.

by Anonymousreply 24December 1, 2022 4:27 PM

It's pretty shrewd marketing by Netflix. In doing so, they've created a level of controversy and drama they wouldn't have otherwise. The Sussexes can't care, given Omid Scobie's taunting tweet. I wonder if they're going to try to burn it all down.

by Anonymousreply 25December 1, 2022 4:30 PM

Maybe one comment here that's somewhere close to let's wait see... otherwise universally negative reaction to this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26December 1, 2022 6:08 PM

Today is a good day to cancel my Netflix membership.

by Anonymousreply 27December 1, 2022 6:18 PM

WHEN THE STAKES ARE THIS HIGH ... !!

Omg. She actually said that.

by Anonymousreply 28December 1, 2022 6:20 PM

I’m here for their love story, Meg’s crazy and Harry’s codependency

by Anonymousreply 29December 2, 2022 12:48 AM

They sold themselves to the highest bidder. Netflix now needs to scandalize and market this as much watch tv. Pathetic. But you don’t get money for nothing - they sold their self respect for millions. Now they will be like crack addicts looking for the million dollar deal - having to expose more and more and sell themselves down the River.

by Anonymousreply 30December 2, 2022 1:32 AM

R30 The key thing to remember is that Meghan sees her life as a rom com where she’s the star going from underdog to hero

by Anonymousreply 31December 2, 2022 1:46 AM

God...I cant stand her....all she does is complain. Harry deserved better !

by Anonymousreply 32December 2, 2022 1:49 AM

Did he?

by Anonymousreply 33December 2, 2022 1:53 AM

Harry got what he deserved in Meghan. Not to mention she appeared to be the woman he was looking for all his life.

Face it, the eligible girls in the aristocracy were on to him. They knew him as a moody mental case, and knew how difficult life with him would be as a result. So it's not as if he had his pick of well adjusted wealthy women from the top tier of British society longing to marry him. Matter of fact, that was probably yet another one of the things he resented so bitterly: that after spending a little time with him, none of the aristocratic girls were seriously interested in marrying him.

by Anonymousreply 34December 2, 2022 2:00 AM

I just cancelled my membership. I saw a bit of the trailer on a GBN clip on YouTube. What a pair of drama queens! Meghan wept! Harry is a complete piece of mentally ill shit.

by Anonymousreply 35December 2, 2022 2:22 AM

I don't want to give Netflix ratings, hope I can catch it somewhere else. Though I doubt I will watch much of it, I can't stomach them for long.

by Anonymousreply 36December 2, 2022 2:23 AM

Maybe if Harry was cute like he was 16 years ago I could watch him kissing on Meghan, but now that he is nasty it is a turn off. Eeeeew

by Anonymousreply 37December 2, 2022 2:29 AM

Gosh, there's nobody so deserving of our pity as the uber wealthy uber privileged few who haven't gotten EVERYTHING that they want in life.

If only Jerry Lewis were still alive. He could host a tv marathon for their benefit.

by Anonymousreply 38December 2, 2022 2:34 AM

I love that split second clip of Meghan crying and Harry dropping his head back on the couch to stare at the ceiling. Really get the sense that she's melted down more than once and is never happy.

by Anonymousreply 39December 2, 2022 2:56 AM

When the stakes are so high...

What's at stake? Their reputation and their financial future, which are necessary to complete their true ultimate goal: Outshining the Waleses.

Man, they've really gone off the deep end. Their bitter jealousy is at insane levels.

by Anonymousreply 40December 2, 2022 3:00 AM

I'm no H&M fan by any means, but why cancel your membership? Keeping your membership and not bothering to watch it works as effectively, if not even better.

by Anonymousreply 41December 2, 2022 5:16 AM

I just saw the trailer. What is the crap from Harry about getting his family out for their own safety? From being pampered and allowed to bully hordes of palace staff members? From the flashes of the photographer MM called to pap herself via Backgrid? Oh that's right. Diana died because the press chased her for being in a rship with someone who "wasn't white". Of course.

Nevermind Diana rang DM's Richard Kay for a chat the day she died and wasn't wearing a seatbelt in a speeding car driven by a drunken driver. Just forget the actual facts and say what you can to look like a superhero.

by Anonymousreply 42December 2, 2022 5:22 AM

[quote]Keeping your membership and not bothering to watch it works as effectively, if not even better.

It actually works better statistically because it shows that active account holders have no interest. If you cancel, then they don't care about whether you would have watched it or not.

by Anonymousreply 43December 2, 2022 6:29 AM

Don't care. Bored.

by Anonymousreply 44December 2, 2022 6:32 AM

She played up to Harry's savior complex and played him like a fiddle.

by Anonymousreply 45December 2, 2022 6:58 AM

[quote]none of the aristocratic girls were seriously interested in marrying him.

His dong must be stinking to high heaven, on a par with Cheryl's pussy. And only sMEGs could lick it day in day out and also give him a proper rim job.

by Anonymousreply 46December 2, 2022 11:18 AM

Poor Megs! After a failed acting career playing walk-ons and supporting roles on D list Canadian cable soap operas, she thought she was finally the Leading Lady! Only to learn she was still 6th on the Call Sheet.

by Anonymousreply 47December 2, 2022 3:43 PM

They are very immature. Most people don’t want to see middle aged people making out, they act like teens pouting because their parents wouldn’t buy them the sports car they wanted.

by Anonymousreply 48December 2, 2022 6:31 PM

All the PDA,is cringe. Aren’t they both pushing 40?

by Anonymousreply 49December 2, 2022 6:41 PM

Regarding R8's "who takes a picture of themselfs crying ?"

Sam Smith owned this look back during the first lockdown.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50December 2, 2022 7:13 PM

[quote]First comment in the article: "who takes a picture of themselfs crying ?"

I HAD A MISCARRIAGE!

Fortunately there was a camera nearby.

by Anonymousreply 51December 2, 2022 7:48 PM

Tears of desperation. Sorry Meghan, you aren't the superstar that you think you are.

by Anonymousreply 52December 2, 2022 8:00 PM

I saw a clip of Catherine at Harvard meeting crowds, William with the Kennedys, and then finally Meghan sitting on her kitchen counter playing with her hair. The contrast was beyond cringey.

by Anonymousreply 53December 2, 2022 8:23 PM

Does she still stand by that claim she was going to top herself but decided she couldn't put Harry through that?

That's surely the lowest she's gone. As if a nacr would ever do physical damage to themselves.

by Anonymousreply 54December 2, 2022 8:38 PM

Meghan wants to be the next Gwyneth Paltrow. Do I blame her? No. She is an actress. She wants fame and fortune.

There is nothing for Harry to do, except find real, tangible employment. He has neither the background nor the education for gainful employment. So he cashes in on his family, his upbringing, and his grievances.

Were they subject to racist abuse and real threats? Yes. Read the interview with the retiring Metropolitan or ex counter-terror chief for the truth in that.

Are they grifters? Yes. They're both cashing in on their titles. More than anything else, that is what turns people off about these two.

by Anonymousreply 55December 2, 2022 8:48 PM

[Quote]WHEN THE STAKES ARE THIS HIGH

And there you have it. What a complete and utter embarrassment these two are.

by Anonymousreply 56December 2, 2022 8:52 PM

Honestly, what are her stakes? Does she even know what she's saying? Is she admitting it's all about money?

by Anonymousreply 57December 2, 2022 10:39 PM

^I mean, if she is, I'm sure she doesn't realize what she's said.

by Anonymousreply 58December 2, 2022 10:39 PM

She looked a little drunk when she said that bit about the stakes.

by Anonymousreply 59December 2, 2022 11:01 PM

[quote]Garbus, though, is a steely figure who brings her own clout and contacts. Her partner in the Moxie Firecracker films company is Rory Kennedy, daughter of the late Robert F. Kennedy.

[quote]By amazing coincidence, Rory's sister, Kerry Kennedy, will present Meghan and Harry with the Ripple of Hope award for overcoming institutional racism in the Royal Family at a ceremony in New York on Tuesday — two days before the Netflix documentary is finally aired.

Some delicious DM shade.

by Anonymousreply 60December 2, 2022 11:42 PM

[quote]As ever with the Sussexes, the optics of the night will be immaculate. This week, Meghan attended an event in a Marriott hotel in Indianapolis and managed to make that nondescript space look elevated with floral design, lighting and pictures of her and Harry placed on every table.

LOL

by Anonymousreply 61December 2, 2022 11:43 PM

Burnt at the high stake, they should be.

by Anonymousreply 62December 3, 2022 12:11 AM

Meghan and Harry have stated they want privacy, and I shall oblige them in extremis.

by Anonymousreply 63December 3, 2022 12:13 AM

^Genuinely intoxicated by substances that made her loopy or she just inhaled her own sweat mixed with some unwarranted praise from a hired handler? Is she trying to hide a differential diagnosis between a severe, debilitating personality disorder and possible masking or complicating features presented by chronic long-term substance abuse? The former will never leave her while begging chemical dependence may be seen as a pitiable and excusing factor for prolonged bad behavior. "I was so overwhelmed..."

by Anonymousreply 64December 3, 2022 1:10 AM

Maybe she pooped her pants.

by Anonymousreply 65December 3, 2022 1:21 AM

R61, that goes beyond snark. That’s sadistically perfect.

by Anonymousreply 66December 3, 2022 1:23 AM

It will be like a jr. version of the Casey Anthony documentary. Lots and lots of lies

by Anonymousreply 67December 3, 2022 1:26 AM

"How many more new fucking numbers do I have to block from Samantha?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68December 3, 2022 1:28 AM

If you're going to pose with a Hermes scarf, gurl, do your hair.

by Anonymousreply 69December 3, 2022 1:33 AM

They be cray cray.

by Anonymousreply 70December 3, 2022 1:34 AM

They had to remove the down vote count from the official trailer. Last I was able to see it was 65,000 down votes vs 13,000 likes. This is freaking hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 71December 3, 2022 1:35 AM

LMAO. Also Harry's book was free on Amazon Black Friday. Oh, dear, guess the preorders aren't going well. It's still available on discount.

by Anonymousreply 72December 3, 2022 1:49 AM

Free? Damn.

by Anonymousreply 73December 3, 2022 1:58 AM

It just all seems like a performance to me. The Daily Mail is great for pictures. I'm happy for the links. I can figure out from other sources to get to the truth if that's necessary. I don't need to have my sources censored.

by Anonymousreply 74December 3, 2022 2:25 AM

Currently 
 over 104K đŸ‘ŽđŸœ

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75December 3, 2022 6:32 AM

Unfortunately I think a lot of people will hate watch it and I don't want it to get good ratings. I want it to bomb and stink up the place.

by Anonymousreply 76December 3, 2022 7:59 AM

R61, that is unbelievable of anyone but her. WTF hosts an event and puts photos of themselves and their reason for fame (in her case her husband) in pictures on the fucking tables? I'm hoping HG Tudor or the Body Language Guy catch this detail and address it. I'm agog.

by Anonymousreply 77December 3, 2022 9:58 AM

I'll watch this for a good laugh only when somebody posts it on Youtube or provides a free link somewhere.

Same with Harry's book. Lady Colin Campbell will be sure to review/eviscerate the book chapter by chapter on Youtube.

by Anonymousreply 78December 3, 2022 11:13 AM

Harry realizes she'll eventually turn on him, right?

by Anonymousreply 79December 3, 2022 12:22 PM

Weren't there reports just after The Queen's funeral that H&M were begging Netflix for re-editing or re-shoots and to delay the timing. You have to wonder what happened at the funeral to cause them to panic like that. Likely some kind of conversation with KCIII or his courtiers to the effect of "any more public negativity from you and you are cut off and OUT".

And then Meg's distancing comment about Liz Garbus being the director "it's not being told the way I would have told it". Blah blah.

I wonder if H&M or Netflix chose yesterday as the launch date for the trailer. Man, someday I hope all the behind the scenes stories are released. That's the bit that is really interesting to me. This documentary just looks like BS Hallmark channel junk food.

by Anonymousreply 80December 3, 2022 12:39 PM

I'll watch if Harry presents hole.

by Anonymousreply 81December 3, 2022 1:46 PM

^^^A cuck hole is a major turnoff.

by Anonymousreply 82December 3, 2022 1:55 PM

^ Harry can stuff his dignity in it.

by Anonymousreply 83December 3, 2022 1:57 PM

[quote] Sam Smith owned this look back during the first lockdown.

And was rightly universally mocked for it.

by Anonymousreply 84December 3, 2022 1:58 PM

Re the Indianapolis event. Was the framed photo given to every guest? I thought it was the host of one table who provided it for her table guests.

by Anonymousreply 85December 3, 2022 2:01 PM

B-list

by Anonymousreply 86December 3, 2022 11:51 PM

Do they have anything new to say or is it more regurgitated whingeing, delusional ideation and trying to make MM look like Diana 2.0? I hope she gets eviscerated if there is any mention in it at all of the Uvalde famewhoring. Same that trip to a school in NY where they only took boxes of vegetables and the white goods were actually donated by P & G.

If you can afford to fly private from CA to TX and back, you should spring for more than sandwiches. Same NY, the vegetables and appliances donated by someone else don't cut it.

by Anonymousreply 87December 4, 2022 12:10 AM

SPARE me the ghastliness. He looks like a thug, my little Paki friend.

by Anonymousreply 88December 4, 2022 12:12 AM

Who da fuq goes to fucking Indianapolis for an 'event'? Only some D lister desperate for publicity.

by Anonymousreply 89December 4, 2022 7:07 PM

A SIX HOUR documentary? Wow, they really think they're fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 90December 4, 2022 10:19 PM

[quote]Gosh, there's nobody so deserving of our pity as the uber wealthy uber privileged few who haven't gotten EVERYTHING that they want in life.

Most people would kill to have Harry and Meghan's "hardships" in life.

by Anonymousreply 91December 4, 2022 10:23 PM

[quote]Diana died because the press chased her for being in a rship with someone who "wasn't white". Of course.

Diana died because her chauffeur was shitfaced drunk and driving at 100mph and Diana wasn't wearing a seatbelt. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 92December 4, 2022 10:26 PM

I assumed that poster was being sarcastic r92. Perhaps I am wrong.

If anyone does end up watching it on Netflix, make sure you give each episode thumbs down vote “I don’t like this” at the end.

by Anonymousreply 93December 4, 2022 11:12 PM

What R92 said, alas.

Neflix fiction R93.

by Anonymousreply 94December 5, 2022 12:25 AM

The shit is already hitting the fan, it's delicious and NO, I'm not Erma.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95December 5, 2022 1:17 AM

This is the end for them. They're jokes. It's evident who stands for what. Whatever you may think of monarchy, the present working royal family brings attention to other people. The Sussexes attention to themselves. They're jokes and I'd bet the next two weeks are rough for them. The tabloids will be engaged in a war of oneupmanship.

by Anonymousreply 96December 5, 2022 2:08 AM

R92, I was being sarcastic about Diana's death. What I wrote is how deluded Harry sees it.

by Anonymousreply 97December 5, 2022 4:14 AM

Harry needs to read the writing on the wall. Look how she shut out her exes, friends, and family. She is one cold bitch.

This is embarrassing for a "Prince". They are no longer teenagers, we need to see all the PDA. Usually the couples who do that have problems behind doors.

by Anonymousreply 98December 5, 2022 4:26 AM

we DON'T need to see all the PDA

by Anonymousreply 99December 5, 2022 4:26 AM

It's so hilarious that the documentary used an image of a massive press corps that was taken years before they met.

Meghan was never hounded by the press, and, thanks to a deal struck with the media after Diana's death, Harry never was either.

But they SO want it to appear otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 100December 5, 2022 4:29 AM

^^^ I meant to add that was taken at a Harry Potter premiers years before they met.

by Anonymousreply 101December 5, 2022 4:30 AM

r100 because Harry's whole shtick is he "has to protect his family"

by Anonymousreply 102December 5, 2022 4:31 AM

[quote] Meghan was never hounded by the press, and, thanks to a deal struck with the media after Diana's death, Harry never was either.But they SO want it to appear otherwise.

They'll never be mobbed at the airport by the press like Gloria Swanson was in the 1970s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103December 5, 2022 4:45 AM

^ Which is just his unresolved mummy issues. He was 34 when he married her. He'd acted out and fucked up previously, but he's been on the warpath since his marriage. Whether that's his knight in shining armour fantasy or her jerking his chain or both, who knows. But marriage hasn't improved him any.

by Anonymousreply 104December 5, 2022 4:54 AM

It sort of doesn't matter what happens to them from here on out. It's over for them. Britain hates them. No one in Hollywood will hire them after the leaks about their behaviour at Netflix, the old-guard at Montecito hates their guts (per Tatler), and if one untrue word is said about Camilla in Harry's book, already gone to print, Harry's title may finally - finally - be stripped.

Another point of interest: The Sun is reporting that Harry was apparently "bombarding" the Queen with phone calls in her final months, everytime asking for money. She referred him to his father, but Charles, like William, has long since refused to take any phone calls from Harry, meaning Harry is always put though to an aide who passes along messages. The Queen was the only one left who would speak to Harry, so he called her nonstop about money. When she, exasperated by so many phone calls from Harry, asked Charles why he refused Harry's calls, Charles apparently answered "I'm not a bank."

So, it looks as if Harry badly needs money.

Their financial burn rate must be massive, and the Queen left everything to Charles as is tradition, so not much cash to be had there.

Where do they go after all final bridges are burned by their show and his book?

by Anonymousreply 105December 5, 2022 5:20 AM

Back to obscurity in D list land.

by Anonymousreply 106December 5, 2022 7:56 AM

As if Charles would shell out resources to Harry knowing the tungsten wife would benefit from his charity.

by Anonymousreply 107December 5, 2022 10:36 AM

R105, tell us about the Tatler dish?

Thank you

by Anonymousreply 108December 5, 2022 11:57 AM

The documentary also uses that conman Christopher Bouzy who came up with some junk science to claim there were all these bots posting hate against Duchess Meghan. LOL! Now the media is finally doing some due diligence about Bouzy and discovering the truth about him. He's been busted before by some PhD in the filed who said he's full of shit. But the media keeps using him because he feeds the accepted agenda.

You'd think with Trump that people might have wised up about cons but, no, they fall for cons and unvetted news all the time.

by Anonymousreply 109December 6, 2022 1:16 AM

The lawyer who is suing Bouzy says he's been getting calls all day today from journalists all over the world asking him about Bouzy's background and what his lawsuit discovery has uncovered. The lawyer, who is black and prior to his lawsuit not particularly interested in anything Markle, today says his research has exposed that Bouzy has been paid by Markle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110December 6, 2022 1:24 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111December 6, 2022 1:28 AM

Isn't it kind of sociopathic to watch something just to thumbs down it? You bitches are fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 112December 6, 2022 1:37 AM

DL loved him during the house count because he kept telling them what they wanted to hear.

by Anonymousreply 113December 6, 2022 1:43 AM

Harry thinks he had to protect his family because Meghan told him so. She told Harry she is the new Diana and the press was out to kill her, just like his mother. Harry is both stupid and mentally ill so he believed her.

by Anonymousreply 114December 6, 2022 1:50 AM

Meghan has gaslighted him nonstop on "protect me protect me protect me" and "security security security" when in fact she was never, ever mobbed the way early Catherine was - much less the way Diana was. Never.

by Anonymousreply 115December 6, 2022 2:38 AM

Meghan is playing Harry like she did her father. Look how she ghosted her father.

by Anonymousreply 116December 6, 2022 3:02 AM

[quote]Meghan has gaslighted him nonstop on "protect me protect me protect me" and "security security security" when in fact she was never, ever mobbed the way early Catherine was - much less the way Diana was. Never.

And threw in a suicide threat to reinforce his fear and insecurity.

by Anonymousreply 117December 6, 2022 4:04 AM

Oh this going to be fun. Apparently, they have found that at least 4 of the photos that are supposed to depict them being hounded by paps turns out to be fake. One of the photos is a photo of Michael Cohen going to jail one of the photos is a bunch of cameras pointed at something and it turns out to be photographers photographing a harry potter premeir and another photo showing an unrelated celebrity going to court.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118December 6, 2022 4:42 AM

Jesus, Harry looks like he's missing a chromosome in the picture at r111.

by Anonymousreply 119December 6, 2022 5:02 AM

He looks like a slightly refined baboon.

by Anonymousreply 120December 6, 2022 5:06 AM

What are they two crazy kids up to lately, and why didn’t they ever get a relationship name like Benifer?

by Anonymousreply 121December 6, 2022 5:15 AM

I wouldn't take anything the British rags print too seriously.

by Anonymousreply 122December 6, 2022 5:17 AM

More lies from the second trailer.-

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123December 6, 2022 5:32 AM

Fun fact: Charles does not have the power to strip anyone of their hereditary titles or remove them from the line of succession. The government would have to pass a bill that allows him to do so.

This is part of the reason Charles had not given Edward the Duke of Edinburgh title. He wants a slimmed down monarchy and if he does it he can’t say but just you Edward, it would have to pass to one of Edwards kids. Then the working royals list starts getting a little unruly again.

The MP for the area that includes York, put forth a private members bill because they want Andrew out. It has a second reading in the next few days but it is expected to fail.

So as much as many of us want Harry cut out, it’s not within charles’ authority to actually do so, despite being king.

by Anonymousreply 124December 6, 2022 7:57 AM

R105 - well, Harry has a three book deal, so we will be hearing more after this one comes out.

Also Meghan teased she will be writing a book regarding “Racism in the British monarchy: from colonialism until today.”

Many will laugh it off if it happens, but a lot of woke people with no critical thinking skills will take it on its word.

You would think that if they both resent the monarchy so much, and if they had any integrity, they would voluntarily give up their titles. But they don’t because they like the social status it gives them.

by Anonymousreply 125December 6, 2022 8:02 AM

R112 reading comprehension not your strong suit is it. There were varied opinions posted upthread about where they WANTED to watch it. The comment at r93 about watching Netflix was pretty clear saying “if you do end up watching it’ make sure you give it a thumbs down. “

It doesn’t say “just watch it so you can give it a thumbs down. “

by Anonymousreply 126December 6, 2022 8:08 AM

Maybe instead of taking down the BRF, the despicables take down Netflix. It is getting terrible comments.

by Anonymousreply 127December 6, 2022 8:12 AM

[quote] Meghan is playing Harry like she did her father. Look how she ghosted her father.

Harry has access to lots of money. He’s in a better spot than her dad in terms of his value to Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 128December 6, 2022 8:56 AM

But does he have lots of money still if he was hounding HMTQ for handouts? And by God, does he look ugly and stupid at r118. Markle is no stunner either, but I don't think I could bear to be around Dimbo for ten minutes, much less in a rship, fucking him, having kids with him. Stupid, mentally ill, delusional, bratty, arrogant, self-pitying. If he has money, she's earning every cent just being with him. And she's a fucking disgrace (Uvalde).

by Anonymousreply 129December 6, 2022 10:54 AM

Was Meg's good friend Hilary making a point by giving Sophie a Humanitarian award? Actually Sophie does good work and it is all about women's rights. ( you know that thing that M claimed she was silenced on).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130December 6, 2022 11:38 AM

[quote]Apparently, they have found that at least 4 of the photos that are supposed to depict them being hounded by paps turns out to be fake. One of the photos is a photo of Michael Cohen going to jail one of the photos is a bunch of cameras pointed at something and it turns out to be photographers photographing a harry potter premeir and another photo showing [bold]an unrelated celebrity going to court.[/bold]

Katie Price

by Anonymousreply 131December 6, 2022 11:54 AM

Thanks, R130. They recognized Sophie for the good, substantive work she does. She may have gotten in trouble early in her marriage with her PR work and royal connections, but since then she's found her role in the Royal Family.

She's a team player -- something Mr. and Mrs. Harry Mountbatten-Windsor of Montecito, California, USA have no desire to be and will never be.

And I'm sure Sophie arrived in DC on a regularly scheduled, commercial flight.

Mr. and Mrs. Harry Mountbatten-Windsor of Montecito, California, USA just arrived on Monday in NYC from the west coast on a private jet!

by Anonymousreply 132December 6, 2022 11:59 AM

I can’t believe they arrived in NY today via private jet. Completely tone deaf. Who pays for their excess?

by Anonymousreply 133December 6, 2022 12:01 PM

Huh? The Kennedy charity is paying today

by Anonymousreply 134December 6, 2022 12:22 PM

A charity can throw away money for a private jet from Cali to NY when these two could just fly commercial? That’s a charity that should be audited.

by Anonymousreply 135December 6, 2022 12:28 PM

Am I the only one thinking the massive downvote on YouTube is aided by bots? Doesn’t explain why the upvotes haven’t been juiced though. Also a “Netflix World Event”? or “Global”, whatever. That’s laying it on a bit thick. “Volume One”, “Volume Two”? They have to be taking the piss.

by Anonymousreply 136December 6, 2022 12:38 PM

Trying to imagine the reaction if a trailer for a Donald Trump was released containing footage of cheering crowds for other politicians.

I don't think this show is going to change anyone's minds except increase cynicism about M&H. People who love them will still love them. People who have sympathy but think they're making it worse will feel less sympathetic. Haterz still gonna hate.

by Anonymousreply 137December 6, 2022 12:38 PM

[quote]Am I the only one thinking the massive downvote on YouTube is aided by bots?

I thought YouTube doesn't show downvotes anymore.

by Anonymousreply 138December 6, 2022 1:58 PM

I think what happens with the supporters of the unsupportable is that they fall away quietly, by attrition. Their minds may not be changed but they tire of seeing one fuck up after another. Eventually all but the most rabid fan has to wonder. The morons who come here will never give up. They've got nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 139December 6, 2022 2:12 PM

[quote][post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Control Queen is at it again.

by Anonymousreply 140December 6, 2022 2:14 PM

R126, no, there's nothing wrong with my reading comprehension and you are still a sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 141December 6, 2022 3:36 PM

R141 you obviously do not understand this place or Muriel.

The Daily Mail is the worst of the worst. Utter shit.

by Anonymousreply 142December 6, 2022 3:37 PM

Sorry. I was directing my comment at R140.

by Anonymousreply 143December 6, 2022 3:58 PM

They are digging themselves into a deeper hole here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144December 6, 2022 7:43 PM

R121 how about HarMegeddan

by Anonymousreply 145December 6, 2022 7:47 PM

R136, I doubt it is bots. The trailers on YouTube have almost 15,000 comments, clearly written by people and 99% are totally scathing of the Despicable Duo and Netflix. I am very surprised Netflix allowed comments and continues to do so.

by Anonymousreply 146December 6, 2022 9:00 PM

r144, so now they're claiming that the trilers were not "meant to be taken literally"? Are these people joking?

Either what they are saying is true or it isn't. If Meghan was hounded out of the country by constant media scrums and a racist BRF and public, then I expect to see hard evidence supporting those claims. If they cannot refer to any such evidence even in the fucking trailer, they've already shown themselves to be inherently dishonest.

by Anonymousreply 147December 6, 2022 9:09 PM

Who would have thought that the monarchy is a hierarchy? Harry is a moron.

The reason that they had to use disingenuous footage is due to the fact Meghan was never swarmed by the press like Diana or Kate.

by Anonymousreply 148December 6, 2022 9:45 PM

Please protect us from all the paparazzi, who we crave to see, but don't show up, and we can't control! Control them and make them show up, then protect us from them!

by Anonymousreply 149December 6, 2022 11:15 PM

You can claim racism. But that absolute fact is that Meghan is 50% pure white trash, and that seems to be a much bigger problem.

by Anonymousreply 150December 6, 2022 11:15 PM

Nothing about them evidently is to be taken literally.

by Anonymousreply 151December 6, 2022 11:24 PM

Bless these two for providing so much entertainment

by Anonymousreply 152December 6, 2022 11:30 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153December 6, 2022 11:32 PM

After all the lies they spewed at Oprah, did anyone really think that they would produce anything based on truth?

by Anonymousreply 154December 6, 2022 11:35 PM

Isn't Harry a member and spokesman of the Aspen Institute and committed to preventing misinformation and disinformation?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155December 6, 2022 11:42 PM

Hilariously, R155, yes, he is.

by Anonymousreply 156December 6, 2022 11:44 PM

All these supposedly distinguished organizations like Aspen who hired a dumb high-school dropout like Harry to bring 'prestige' to their organization.

by Anonymousreply 157December 6, 2022 11:49 PM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158December 6, 2022 11:52 PM

Maybe Harry could start with this Youtube MM hateporn channel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159December 6, 2022 11:55 PM

I find most royal Youtubers (including that one at R159) boring and overly conspiratorial but it is just a channel criticizing a famous person. It's not "hateporn," it's just someone who doesn't like a celebrity that you do like. Stop being so dramatic.

by Anonymousreply 160December 6, 2022 11:58 PM

[QUOTE]Meghan is 50% pure white trash, and that seems to be a much bigger problem.

Perhaps the best description flogged here...

by Anonymousreply 161December 7, 2022 12:38 AM

[quote]It's not "hateporn," it's just someone who doesn't like a celebrity that you do like.

Uh-huh. 320 videos with 130k subscribers is just a simple difference of personal opinion?

Like how 6-8 posts to DL per day is just a difference of opinion?

by Anonymousreply 162December 7, 2022 12:40 AM

And 43% Nigerian trash! That adds up to 100, right?

by Anonymousreply 163December 7, 2022 1:02 AM

I thought she was from Malta? So hard to keep up!

by Anonymousreply 164December 7, 2022 1:18 AM

There is some claim that it’s geared all to an American Audis de who are “more forgiving “ of things like the bogus crowd shots as they are trying to make a bigger point.

by Anonymousreply 165December 7, 2022 1:26 AM

Audience ^

by Anonymousreply 166December 7, 2022 1:27 AM

Fuck he's ugly at r158. Is that his 'smart' expression?

"No one knows the full truth. We know the full truth."

If no one knows the full truth then how can they claim also to know it?

by Anonymousreply 167December 7, 2022 4:43 AM

[quote] The reason that they had to use disingenuous footage is due to the fact Meghan was never swarmed by the press like Diana or Kate.

Exactly. They are using that footage to suggest that was a fact for them.

So, in effect, they are using it for proof of the matter.

by Anonymousreply 168December 7, 2022 5:17 AM

The youtube comments on Netflix's channel are HILARIOUS - and SO many of them!

302k downvotes

23k upvotes

LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169December 7, 2022 5:20 AM

Thank you, R169, for giving me the opportunity to vote that nonsense down. The insincerity just drips from their mouths.

by Anonymousreply 170December 7, 2022 5:36 AM

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex arrive at the Ripple of Hope Award gala in New York.

A reporter asked “Harry, what do you think about destroying the Royal Family” and then “Meghan, you destroyed the Royal Family”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171December 7, 2022 6:41 AM

R167 I thought the same when I heard Harry tell us that "truth"! Maybe whoever edited the trailer really isn't one of their fans?

by Anonymousreply 172December 7, 2022 6:53 AM

Why has nobody addressed that Meghan is attempting the exact same look that Kate wore that night before? It's crazy to wear the same dress as your rival two days later. Coincidence? I don't think so. Also with the B&W photos that W&K related today, Kate's dress looks white and really looks so much better than Meghan. Couture Vuitton vs. Rent the Runway for $100

by Anonymousreply 173December 7, 2022 6:55 AM

That dress looks awful on Meghan. When will she learn her proportions? She is far too short for it. The band around her shoulders is too wide and the pleating at the waist overwhelms her. I can't stand her, but I would love to see her one day in something that fits her. She would look great if she got real about her proportions.

It also looks like she's gotten a new set of teeth. The rictus grin is bigger than ever. All the better to eat you with, my dear.

by Anonymousreply 174December 7, 2022 7:19 AM

She is living [italic]her truth[/italic].

Whether it fits or not.

by Anonymousreply 175December 7, 2022 1:41 PM

After the documentary and autobiography are released, I highly doubt that anyone would fault Charles for cutting these two fools off for good.

I love my step-kids, but if they pulled this crap on my spouse and me I'd put them on an ice flow and not look back. Actually, at this point, I think it would work in Charles' favor to put an end to this nonsense and stop with "their much loved members of the family" bullshit.

He doesn't have to make any statements--just completely freeze them out. No coronation. No empty invitations to family functions. And, especially, no money.

William and Kate already have dropped the pretense that they want anything to do with them. And it seems that most people respect them for it. Kate icing Meghan out at the walk about after the Queen died was one of the most delicious moments of the year. I never had any strong positive or negative feelings about Kate before that event....but that made her win my undying love.

by Anonymousreply 176December 7, 2022 2:08 PM

Were they traumatized by the crowd of maybe 20 people? I weep for them.

by Anonymousreply 177December 7, 2022 2:32 PM

She was in her element. A "star" for a moment.

by Anonymousreply 178December 7, 2022 2:59 PM

Those 20 people were probably hired by Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 179December 7, 2022 3:00 PM

Compare this...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180December 7, 2022 3:01 PM

...to this. End of.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181December 7, 2022 3:02 PM

Meghan's outfit could easily be converted to a straitjacket if necessary.

by Anonymousreply 182December 7, 2022 3:09 PM

Megan’s outfit is not good, but the red dress at R181 is horrendous. It looks like something out of the 80s. I don’t know why this woman insists on dressing like an 80 year old. You can be classy and modern at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 183December 7, 2022 3:19 PM

There is something "off" about Meghan's constant, manic smiling. Is she just showing off her new teeth? Is she ok? They're blinding in their whiteness and perfection, aren't they?

Take a look at Harry Tuck's head from above...He used to make fun of William's baldness and now karma is catching up to him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184December 7, 2022 3:24 PM

Oh look, just in case you forgot...Kerry Kennedy gifts H & M with a photo of his mother Diana. You know, just in case you forget that he's her son.

by Anonymousreply 185December 7, 2022 3:26 PM

R183 - please get your eyes checked. Kate's red dress was classic elegance personified.

by Anonymousreply 186December 7, 2022 3:29 PM

Kate above Meghan as style icon...

The 15 Most Influential Style Icons In The World, According To Google:

#1 Ariana Grande

#4 Kate Middleton

#10 Princess Diana

#11 Audrey Hepburn

#13 Meghan Markle

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187December 7, 2022 3:45 PM

13?!! Meghan generally looks horrendous when she plays dress up. I will give her props for some of her casual looks

by Anonymousreply 188December 7, 2022 3:48 PM

Meghan looks good when she dresses in pant suits or simple skirts like when she was on Suits. The Inskip wedding in Jamaica casual dress looked good. The wedding dress was terrible but the reception dress was great. Ever since she married Harry its like she went nuts trying on every designer dress she could get her hands on without realizing what actually suits her.

by Anonymousreply 189December 7, 2022 3:54 PM

Their previously unreleased photos are so instagram basic bitch aesthetic circa 2016.

by Anonymousreply 190December 7, 2022 4:03 PM

Totally agree, Meghan does great casual. When she first came onto the scene I remember my sister, who’s big into fashion, remarking how much she loved her style. This was before she started attending the fancy dress events. I also agree, she looked great in that white dress for her wedding reception. The actual wedding gown was awful though.

by Anonymousreply 191December 7, 2022 4:03 PM

I don’t think Meghan’s white dress is so bad? It looks expensive. Compared to Kate it just becomes obvious that one is a Princess with formal duties and Meghan is a celebrity whose primary job seems to be celebrating herself, but whatever.

by Anonymousreply 192December 7, 2022 4:14 PM

Drama within tabloid circles. Blue tick journalists have just admitted that Kengsington Palace Courtiers which is Kate and Williams team were allegedly briefing against Meghan. They allegedly fed information to journalists. One blue tick witnessed reporters calling her a fucking bitch and that it was common knowledge in media circles who was leaking the info. There is a twitter fight as we speak. Journos are spilling it all. This has huge implications for Kaye and William. Go to Kiratie Allsops twitter if you want to see. Their words not mine hence the alleged.

by Anonymousreply 193December 7, 2022 4:17 PM

Meghan apparently thinks she has a supermodel's figure whereas she is short and chunky with no waist and bird legs. She looks like an apple on two toothpicks - short toothpicks.

by Anonymousreply 194December 7, 2022 4:18 PM

I think the white dress at the award event was fine. She, however, is not fine. Dress = fine. Meghan - not fine.

by Anonymousreply 195December 7, 2022 4:19 PM

Damn it Kirstie Allsops twitter. Auto check changed it to Kiratie

by Anonymousreply 196December 7, 2022 4:19 PM

I dont believe Kensington Palace was scheming with journos against Meghan. Utter horseshit. There is no need for them to do that, William and Kate are next in line to the throne. There was no threat from Meghan after she threw tantrums in Australia bitching about the accomodations, throwing tea and announcing her pregnancy early. Ironically if Meghan had behaved and not bullied staff, her and Harry might have had more massive popularity than they ever could have dreamed of.

by Anonymousreply 197December 7, 2022 4:25 PM

If anybody was leaking, it was the staffers the harpy Markle was brutalizing.

by Anonymousreply 198December 7, 2022 4:28 PM

There are now complaints from the photographers who hold copyrights on the pics used in the Netflix trailer - none of which were taken at events for Harry and Meghan. Lawsuits loom. How amateurish can you get?

by Anonymousreply 199December 7, 2022 4:31 PM

R193 I just went through Kirstie Allsop's twitter. Lying much are you?

by Anonymousreply 200December 7, 2022 4:39 PM

I see the loon @ R193 with her ramblings about the FBI about to be arresting people who were being critical of the Harkles is back with us, albeit now with a new spin.

Those FBI stories were much more hilarious though.

by Anonymousreply 201December 7, 2022 4:44 PM

Hey, look at the sanctimonious assholes preaching to everyone about the evils of climate change while flying around in their private jet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202December 7, 2022 4:50 PM

God could come down from heaven and damn the entire BRF to hell and I still would not like Meghan.

The whole of the BRF could be exposed as cannibals that eat children and I still would not like Meghan.

Prince Andrew is a sex offender and I still don't like Meghan. William and Kate seem sexless and I still don't like Meghan.

Who cares if the BRF briefed? I still don't like Meghan. When will people get it?

by Anonymousreply 203December 7, 2022 4:54 PM

What Meghan should have done after leaving the UK was a lifestyle brand. This humanitarian schpiel is tired and boring to the average person. His is fine for wounded veterans, but hers is just floundering. She should have forgotten all this Royal family drama and gotten her ass on QVC. She’s a good talker, so she could have sold her products (whatever that ended up being) and herself. She would have been raking in the money and living the life in California. A better one than as part of the BRF.

I’ve always thought the women that passed up William and Harry were the smartest ones. They all married better looking men with money without the bondage of the institution. It might not be too late for Meghan to change course, the US isn’t that invested in the Royals so she might be able to still turn it around. Not sure about that though.

by Anonymousreply 204December 7, 2022 4:54 PM

Private jets cost a fortune. I remember being furious during the Dem primaries when I was giving Pete Buttigieg donations and discovered he was taking private jets on all his campaign stops like he was a billionaire. Meghan took a private jet last week, now they took a private jet this week. She took a private jet to Uvalde for her 30 min. photo op. She's demented.

by Anonymousreply 205December 7, 2022 4:54 PM

Private jets make a bit more economic, if not environmental, sense during a campaign. Candidates have to travel between multiple engagements a day and a large campaign staff accompanied them. Meghan’s days, on the other hand, must be virtually empty.

by Anonymousreply 206December 7, 2022 4:58 PM

R206 I still want the $1K I gave Pete back. What a spendthrift.

by Anonymousreply 207December 7, 2022 5:01 PM

Meghan couldnt land anyone better than Harry. She was cheating on Cory Vitiello and messaging Matt Cardle (UK XFactor winner) for dates. There are articles about this. She also apparently tried to hook up with golfer Rory McIlroy as per Tom Bowers book. She would probably be happier being the wife of a celebrity/sports star like Tom Brady where she can sit on her ass and collect money.

With Harry, I think she realized the money isnt as free flowing as she would have liked, there are rules and protocols to follow.

by Anonymousreply 208December 7, 2022 5:06 PM

Interesting observation on their trailer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209December 7, 2022 5:08 PM

Harry and Meghan never say stories about her were made up and false just that the stories were leaked and planted. So she did yell at staff about eggs and get scolded by TQ, but how dare the palace tell the world about it. Since they exposed her as an asshole, she'll expose them as assholes, too.

That's the whole game.

by Anonymousreply 210December 7, 2022 5:09 PM

Markle is the character out of Durrenmatt's The Old Lady who gets rich and goes back to the village where she was born and where she was mistreated to get revenge. See her interview with Andy Cohen who had snubbed her. Growing up in LA while being on the fringes of the Z list because her father was a crew member on a TV show must have been traumatizing for such an ego. Constantly reading about the A list and never being able to get anywhere close. Check out her IMDB page. It's pathetic.

I note that none of the Hollywood A listers seem to pay any attention to her. She's stuck with middling "TV people".

by Anonymousreply 211December 7, 2022 5:11 PM

R135 “Charities” have sneaky ways to claim 95% of funds as expenses.

by Anonymousreply 212December 7, 2022 5:15 PM

R211 Have you seen her act? My partner started watching Suits on Amazon Prime out of the blue. He has no idea about royalty or who Meghan Markle is. After he got a few episodes in, I asked if he was liking the show. His response, “It’s pretty good, except this one actres whose face really annoys me when she’s on screen. Her sex scenes are corny as fuck.” It was Markle he was referring to.

by Anonymousreply 213December 7, 2022 5:21 PM

[Quote]Harry and Meghan never say stories about her were made up and false....

That is exactly what they said. On Oprah she said that the real story was Kate made her cry but tabloids said it was the other way around. She also denied bullying and that her bitching at staff was just her being a perfectionist etc, but that the evil tabloids wants to portray black women as difficult.

by Anonymousreply 214December 7, 2022 5:26 PM

R210 - Harry said they lied. Not just leaking stories

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215December 7, 2022 5:29 PM

R213--I was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt about her acting skills. I assumed she had some talent because she landed a good, paying gig with Suits.

I was stunned by how wooden and amateur she is in that role. Truly unwatchable.

I will give her props for scratching her way into that job with such a lack of talent. She does have admirable determination and a razor-focus on what she wants.

by Anonymousreply 216December 7, 2022 5:32 PM

About the time H and M married Wendy Williams said Markle had once showed up cold at her studios asking to speak with her.

Wendy had already left so M spoke with a producer and left a card for Wendy. She wanted to appear on the show.

Wendy read the card. She'd never heard of her so she tossed the card.

Later when the romance with H blew up in the press the producer told Wendy 'that's the woman who came in last year and left the card.'

So yes, Markle is a go-getter, or rather "quick off the mark" as the Queen described her.

by Anonymousreply 217December 7, 2022 5:44 PM

I'm at the point I reached with Trump - I can't watch them on any video because I get sick to my stomach.

by Anonymousreply 218December 7, 2022 5:50 PM

R208, I don’t find her lazy, she seems like a hustler. I think she would have preferred a Hollywood actor or major player in the entertainment industry. Even an athlete as big as Tom Brady (way better looking too) would’ve gotten her a lot of attention and opened up more Hollywood doors than Harry. The cringest moment was when Harry publicly asked the head of Disney to give Meghan a role and his stunned reaction. She wanted to be a Hollywood power player or with one. She thought being in the BRF was going to do that for her in the states. It didn’t. They are two completely different entities. Most Americans, including HW, give a curious glance at the Royals and that’s about it. Even Diana wouldn’t be a global icon today. Meghan just didn’t get the memo the 90s over. She overplayed her hand.

by Anonymousreply 219December 7, 2022 5:51 PM

Yes, didnt Diana ask Dr Khan to give up his job and travel the world with her doing charity and humanitarian work? Meghan really thinks of herself as Diana 2.0

by Anonymousreply 220December 7, 2022 5:58 PM

R219 ok I'm old and can't keep up - who is "HW" ?

I do think Meghan got something valuable, that apparently she'll keep past the inevitable divorce (personality disordered people get bored and angry at their stool pigeon, blaming him for everything - that's just the way they roll) -- anyhow, like Lady Colin Campbell, she'll have that stupid title, in some form or other --- did someone say The Princess Henry? God that's worse than Duchess of Sussex.

by Anonymousreply 221December 7, 2022 5:59 PM

The smartest thing she could've done would be to date Harry for a few months, maybe a year, and then dump him once her profile was high enough. She'd be a tabloid fixture without any of the baggage.

by Anonymousreply 222December 7, 2022 6:00 PM

Klan grannies have really active imaginations and the thought processes of disordered personalities.

by Anonymousreply 223December 7, 2022 6:03 PM

But she wouldn't have the title she can carry to the grave - and the "royal" children she'll use, one way or another. See Madonna and her unlucky offspring.

by Anonymousreply 224December 7, 2022 6:04 PM

R221, HW= Hollywood.

I could totally have seen her with Tom Cruise ala Katie Holmes. Win/win for both. Problem was she wasn’t known at all when she first got with Harry.

by Anonymousreply 225December 7, 2022 6:07 PM

"God...I cant stand her....all she does is complain. Harry deserved better !"

But Harry wanted someone just him and that is who he married. Salt and saltpeter.

by Anonymousreply 226December 7, 2022 6:11 PM

R226: Just like he is. Typo. Smoking copious amounts of weed. 🙃

by Anonymousreply 227December 7, 2022 6:25 PM

You’ll all be glad to know that, despite what you’ve heard, the Sussexes do NOT think that the RF is racist. This is straight from Gayle King at last night’s event.

So they have retooled the narrative. I guess the British press is going to be racist and misogynistic. (William and Catherine will, apparently, still be evil.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228December 7, 2022 6:50 PM

[quote] She would probably be happier being the wife of a celebrity/sports star like Tom Brady where she can sit on her ass and collect money.

I don’t see this at all. She craves the spotlight and likes to feel busy if she can’t actually [italic]be]italic] busy. I can not see her being content to sit back and just be a wife no matter how rich.

by Anonymousreply 229December 7, 2022 7:07 PM

Fucked up the italics yet again. [italic].

by Anonymousreply 230December 7, 2022 7:08 PM

[Quote]Earlier in the evening, attendees who had paid at least ÂŁ5,000 each to attend a pre-dinner VIP cocktail party were a bit disappointed that Meghan and Harry failed to show up. 'Royalty's coming,' said one of the barmen, while expertly mixing a pair of martinis for two guests. 'We've been told not to look directly at them.'

Wow... I hope that bartender put his cock in their drinks.

by Anonymousreply 231December 7, 2022 7:29 PM

"William and Catherine will, apparently, still be evil.)"

Well I should hope so! That is all the former royals have left .

by Anonymousreply 232December 7, 2022 7:34 PM

R231 Keepin' it realz.

by Anonymousreply 233December 7, 2022 7:35 PM

r193, Are the FBI going to arrest us all again?

by Anonymousreply 234December 7, 2022 7:36 PM

R228 that article is hilarious. All DLers should read it.

"The cheapest tickets come with a guarantee that the Duchess of Sussex will not trap guests in a corner and explain at length how beastly the Duchess of Cambridge is and exactly who made who cry during the Row of the Bridesmaid Dresses back in 2018."

by Anonymousreply 235December 7, 2022 8:08 PM

It was the little flower girls' tights that Kate suggested which made Markle show her teeth. Kate cried.

I hate that I know this, but Datalounge told me then Lady C coroborated.

by Anonymousreply 236December 7, 2022 8:15 PM

I'm wondering if all these hundreds of Kennedys actually have any money left.

by Anonymousreply 237December 7, 2022 8:22 PM

I admit, I've missed R193. It's kind of our own Claudia Blaisdel.

by Anonymousreply 238December 7, 2022 8:36 PM

R237 I was wondering how this Kennedy Gala gets funded til I read people fork out $$$$ for a chair. I wonder if this is ever financially investigated?

by Anonymousreply 239December 7, 2022 10:58 PM

I wonder what they give money to. I've never heard of this.

by Anonymousreply 240December 8, 2022 12:23 AM

Harry, are you harming your family?

Harry, are you putting money before family?

It’s about time someone called him out !!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241December 8, 2022 12:28 AM

r237 KErry Kennedy apparently gets paid half a million a year to head the charity. I presume most of her living expenses are funnelled through the charity, so she's got lots left to left over to insider trade. I'll bet she's minted.

by Anonymousreply 242December 8, 2022 12:28 AM

Maybe she's the person who told Harry you can make a lot of money out of charities.

by Anonymousreply 243December 8, 2022 12:30 AM

She really shouldn't wear her hair parted in the middle and pulled back. In some of the photos at the link at r180, she resembles SJP.

by Anonymousreply 244December 8, 2022 4:31 AM

[quote] The smartest thing she could've done would be to date Harry for a few months, maybe a year, and then dump him once her profile was high enough. She'd be a tabloid fixture without any of the baggage.

Yup. I think she should have dated him for around 2 years, then split. She would’ve have had her own following unconnected to BRF and I think her dating pool would’ve been better.

by Anonymousreply 245December 8, 2022 4:37 AM

The angry uglier dumber brother who gets passed over goes against the family. His powerful brother publicly pretends to forgive him when the matriarch of the family dies, but in reality is plotting his death.

Harry better watch it unless he wants to find the heads of his beloved chickens in his bed.

by Anonymousreply 246December 8, 2022 5:35 AM

Not with her personality r245.

by Anonymousreply 247December 8, 2022 5:49 AM

I wonder if Harry hate fucks Meghan on a regular basis and that's part of their connection or if they have a sexless marriage w/ H getting some on the side.

by Anonymousreply 248December 8, 2022 5:53 AM

She should have dated him for two years AND lied about being on birth control, had a little illegitimate royal baby and milked that shit all the way to the bank/B List.

by Anonymousreply 249December 8, 2022 5:57 AM

R249 never a guarantee

by Anonymousreply 250December 8, 2022 6:00 AM

If she'd tried the baby trap, he would've insisted on getting married

by Anonymousreply 251December 8, 2022 6:01 AM

R215 "Essence" huh? That's a reference.

by Anonymousreply 252December 8, 2022 6:02 AM

That trash belongs in a trailer.

by Anonymousreply 253December 8, 2022 6:03 AM

R247, a lot of men love her type of personality. She’s confident and assertive. They’ll take that over nice. Her ex-husband and the chef seem like quality men. I think she dated a hockey player too. She seems to have had little trouble attracting men. All she needs is access and she’ll turn on the charm. It worked on Harry.

by Anonymousreply 254December 8, 2022 6:26 AM

You're right, R250, but then she could have merched the ever loving fuck out of that kid. I actually think she would be much happier doing that than what she's doing now.

by Anonymousreply 255December 8, 2022 6:33 AM

r248, you miss Meghan's main trick.

Harry doesn't think he needs regular sex anymore. He saved his Mommy by getting her all the way to safety in Montecito, and his job now is to PROTECT! while her job is to CRY! about him not protecting her enough.

Here's an approximation of how it goes: She gives him just enough not to stray, so long as he doesn't realise what she has done to him.

He shows he loves her IN PUBLIC, gets a blow job. He shows he loves her in an EXTREMELY PUBLIC way, he gets sex. He abuses his family in the process of doing either, he gets kink and anal - but severely rationed.

The rest of the time, he gets screamed at, cried at, and blamed for everything including the weather. And BECAUSE he's so AWFUL to her, THAT'S why he's not getting even a blowie tonight, HARRY.

She's too busy crying over how HE ruined HER life to fuck him.

This is the layout of the board of the very particular game that she has set for him, and he's running through it like a mouse while she quietly laughs to herself and collects money.

by Anonymousreply 256December 8, 2022 7:32 AM

First clip from their tacky reality series.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257December 8, 2022 7:39 AM

r257 So before he met D-list actress he was "nervous and sweating"?

Why?

He must have heard that she would do his kink nd was discreet. That's why.

by Anonymousreply 258December 8, 2022 7:43 AM

She's a sometime-dominitrix. Not a very capable one, or she'd have seduced the public too.

But she'd marked him via media coverage of him, and went to the UK to let his "friends" know that she'd severely paddle him, and then wormed her way in to his outer friend group to let it be known that she was SEVERE and AVAILABLE - for only one night, you understand.

She then spent the entire first night reprimanding him while suggesting she was Just Like His Mother. Making him hard as a ROCK.

Perfect whore. I'll give her that.

by Anonymousreply 259December 8, 2022 8:05 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260December 8, 2022 8:29 AM

^^^ Her fake game entirely apparent in a her fake face and fake eyes, all with a photograher ever-present.

I love this wife for Harry.

He RICHLY deserves her.

by Anonymousreply 261December 8, 2022 8:42 AM

Wow, in the pic of Harry at r260, he looks like there is nothing much behind his eyes. Just an empty brain.

by Anonymousreply 262December 8, 2022 9:21 AM

He actually is mentally retarded, that was why he was held back a year in school. He was a september baby, so was almost 2 years older than his classmates at Eton. No surprise that he was a bully there.

by Anonymousreply 263December 8, 2022 9:37 AM

R251, Harry doesn't always get what Harry wants. He gets what I want him to get.

- Princess MM DoS

by Anonymousreply 264December 8, 2022 12:14 PM

I am very grateful to Harry and Meghan. Their clown show has been hugely entertaining even during the darkest days of the past two years. Unfortunately, the RF paid the price, especially the Queen, none of whom deserved it.

by Anonymousreply 265December 8, 2022 12:22 PM

Essentially, they got am award for whining, often dishonestly.

Sometimes feeling that you don't want to be alive is part of being alive. But it's noble of her to go on an on about it, even though she has a level of privilege few people enjoy. This seems to be the standard line now: go on and on about yourself and your miseries and justify it as public service.

Virtually everyone complains privately about what we go through in life and we all want many aspects of our lives to be better but the idea of going on public media for years on end about how hard your life is when you have even a fraction of what they have is a astonishing. I'd be mortified to have them as parents. )

by Anonymousreply 266December 8, 2022 12:59 PM

He's not retarded. He was a spoiled, privileged brat who didn't study hard as they know they don't have to just like the children of many other rich parents.

You cows really make ridiculous shit up.

by Anonymousreply 267December 8, 2022 2:02 PM

R267 I wouldn't say he was "retarded" but he's definitely of low IQ, have you heard him talk without a pre-written speech?

by Anonymousreply 268December 8, 2022 2:22 PM

That clip at R257 is extremely cringe--who wants to watch these two 40ish dopes' giggly recounting of their first meet-up? Besides their inauthentic affect, it's not even an interesting story.

by Anonymousreply 269December 8, 2022 6:17 PM

I wonder if Piers Morgan kept the receipts. And by that, I mean the DMs Meghan sent him that undermine whatever narrative she and Harry are concocting about their meet-cute.

by Anonymousreply 270December 8, 2022 6:23 PM

No, I'm not interested enough in what any of that family has to say. I only know from reading these incessant threads, which is more akin to watching a trainwreck due to the crazy shit posted by rabidly obsessed Markle haters. It's like watching the crazy homeless people shrieking in the streets.

by Anonymousreply 271December 8, 2022 6:29 PM

Harry: "I dont really remember my mother. OMG, Meghan is so much like my mother."

by Anonymousreply 272December 8, 2022 6:31 PM

I would like to be a fly on the wall for the reps from the BRF who had to watch this & report back to Chuck & Wills. They were probably shit-faced by 8:30 AM playing some kind of drinking game ("every time she cries, drink! every time he scowls, drink!"), rolling with laughter.

by Anonymousreply 273December 8, 2022 6:48 PM

OK! I watched the first 3 episodes. Very little new info in this, which actually makes their complaints seem even more petty. In the Oprah and Cut interviews, she suggested she had a lot more to share...teasing that they had deeper reasons than being cut off from Charles' money teat and petty grievances against William and Kate for their atrocious behavior.

But, no. Those are the reasons, people are mean to them on social media, and the media hounding is terrible (which is probably their only legit gripe).

They really had to dig to find acquaintances who would comment on this doc and filled a lot of space with academic types bemoaning England's historic treatment of minorities.

Fraus will continue to buy Meghan's bullshit. And it won't change the minds of those of us who are on to her--just confirms everything we think about these two entitled whiners.

by Anonymousreply 274December 8, 2022 7:06 PM

r274 fraus are in the ones invested in their hatred of her.

by Anonymousreply 275December 8, 2022 7:16 PM

Not sure they're the only ones invested, R275, given the number of your posts on the thread. I feel so sorry for you, forced to come to this thread. Hopefully Meghan Markle will take up your cause. She's a healer.

by Anonymousreply 276December 8, 2022 7:29 PM

The more Harry and Meghan expose themselves, the more the truth about them becomes obvious. They have so little insight, they cannot not be the toxic, vacuously angry people that they are.

by Anonymousreply 277December 8, 2022 7:43 PM

Other thread got nuked. Anyone watch this garbage yet? From what I am reading there werent a lot of new revelations so far. Just more of the same: hounded by the press, racism racism, did you know mummy was Diana? She was killed because Dodi wasnt white etc.

by Anonymousreply 278December 8, 2022 11:04 PM

Yikes! Variety just destroyed the Markles' reality TV show. This is not good for those crazy kids.

by Anonymousreply 279December 8, 2022 11:23 PM

[quote]I wonder if Piers Morgan kept the receipts.

Miss Morgan would release those no holds barred!

by Anonymousreply 280December 8, 2022 11:26 PM

Meghan mocking the fact she had to curtsy to the Queen was cringe-making. So if she doesn't respect the monarchy, how come she is clinging to a title of Duchess? Mrs. Mountbatten should be good enough for her.

by Anonymousreply 281December 8, 2022 11:35 PM

Variety seemed to want to have it both ways.

"the Sussexes surprise us yet again, with just how narrow their vision of their fame is, how pinched and unimaginative their presence on the world stage has become. They may have shed their responsibilities to the crown, but they’re still in a kind of service: There’s an air of duty about the entire enterprise of “Harry & Meghan,” as if they’re honor-bound to keep reciting their personal story until we eventually lose interest."

That was brutal but then the review seems to make excuses for them... suggesting oh, it's big bad Netflix done this, oh, anyone who criticizes is racist. It's a bit mental as reviews go but it won't help their cause.

by Anonymousreply 282December 8, 2022 11:37 PM

My stuffy, highly educated partner who never speaks of the MountMarkles has returned home with a few comments about this, mostly mocking, so their story has fully penetrated the square media cycle.

I can't imagine the Ringer, McSweeney's or CNN is fully frau infested ... yet.

by Anonymousreply 283December 8, 2022 11:44 PM

The Guardian editorial parted company with the Guardian reviewer (one clucking sombrely about how bad the royal family surely must be and the other about keeping her breakfast down, so you can guess who said what.) Amusingly, the review is the top of the top ten most read today on the site and the editorial doesn't figure anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 284December 8, 2022 11:46 PM

He definitely was not pleased when she did that exaggerated mock curtesy - definitely stone faced - then returned to his doting smile later.

I watched but fast forwarded through all the boredom. She’s milking the dish pan hands commercial thing yet again. Harry decried how Diana was deceived in the panorama interview yet uses a clip from it. She’s trying to look too perfect so you know something isn’t right under the surface. Likely she is indeed a bully to staff etc.

No Jessica Mulroney interviews - I guess she’s yet another ex friend.

I’m not sure why but there is something about Doria I find unsettling. This surprises me as I’ve always had a good impression of her up to now.

I don’t think I will stick around for the second half. It was truly boring.

by Anonymousreply 285December 8, 2022 11:49 PM

Indiewire just trashed their reality show. Uh-oh. The powerful Hollywood critical organs have spoken. Deadline, Variety, Indiewire. They're fucked in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 286December 8, 2022 11:51 PM

R279 Not just Variety, the show has been panned by the NYT, Indiewire, The Atlantic etc .

by Anonymousreply 287December 9, 2022 12:23 AM

Has Piers Morgan spoken?

by Anonymousreply 288December 9, 2022 12:27 AM

Almost all the reviews are bad. I haven't read a positive one yet. Netflix has turned to shit. I got rid of it last year and even their flagship series The Crown was bad. I hope Netflix loses a shitload of money on this mess.

by Anonymousreply 289December 9, 2022 12:32 AM

I think Doria is a grifter. Her whole family is trash. She comes off as bland and delusional.

by Anonymousreply 290December 9, 2022 12:38 AM

^ She chose to copulate with Thomas Markle. Tells you all you need to know.

by Anonymousreply 291December 9, 2022 12:40 AM

Big hairy tits

by Anonymousreply 292December 9, 2022 12:40 AM

Prince Harry has big hairy tits!

by Anonymousreply 293December 9, 2022 12:41 AM

Even the positive reviews aren't glowing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294December 9, 2022 12:43 AM

The leftie Guardian was the most scathing: "so sickening I almost brought up my breakfast". So it appears the leftwing and the rightwing in the UK loathe these two. Better watch out.

by Anonymousreply 295December 9, 2022 12:43 AM

R288, he’s tweeted quite a bit, but this is old territory for him. What you should check out is The Atlantic’s takedown, which says, in the nicest possible way, that these two are delusional and dishonest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296December 9, 2022 12:44 AM

With some of those black and white photos, I get the feeling they are trying to project that they are living the Lady Gaga's Star is Born California life.

by Anonymousreply 297December 9, 2022 12:45 AM

Page Six is saying that Meghan & Harry were never booked for The Tonight Show:

Contrary to rumors, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will not appear on “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon” next week, Page Six can confirm...

The chatter began Wednesday when the official Twitter account for Jimmy Fallon’s NBC show teased, “Guess who’s making their talk show debut next Thursday? We’ll give you a hint,” alongside crown and necktie emojis.

However, we’re told the cryptic tweet was about the “Young Royals” cast and not Harry and Markle, who stepped down as senior members of the royal family in 2020 in search of more privacy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298December 9, 2022 12:48 AM

Prince Mary fails again.

by Anonymousreply 299December 9, 2022 12:56 AM

Wow R298 the full-toothed Linty Weave makes a huge appearance

by Anonymousreply 300December 9, 2022 1:01 AM

The Atlantic review is a masterpiece!

by Anonymousreply 301December 9, 2022 1:03 AM

She thinks she is being so cute and innocent, and dim Harry falls for her fakeness. I had to turn it off after the first half hour, I really just wanted to see the kids but somebody posted pictures on another site.

by Anonymousreply 302December 9, 2022 1:06 AM

I decided to ignore the reviews and the threads and watch the first episodes without being influenced by any of it. And I’ve decided for myself that I like them both and hope they find continued happiness. I do believe they love each other 
 and really nothing else matters, does it.

by Anonymousreply 303December 9, 2022 1:09 AM

^That's not whst's going on. This is a dom-sub relationship since day one

by Anonymousreply 304December 9, 2022 1:09 AM

LOL @ R303.

by Anonymousreply 305December 9, 2022 1:18 AM

R303 I was actually surprised at how not likable they both are.

by Anonymousreply 306December 9, 2022 1:23 AM

I can't blame Kate & William, I couldn't stand to be around H&M for more than a few minutes at a time. They are annoying AF.

by Anonymousreply 307December 9, 2022 1:24 AM

Careful R303 you will bring the wrath of the hideous Klan down upon you.

by Anonymousreply 308December 9, 2022 1:26 AM

R308, you type fat. And stupid.

by Anonymousreply 309December 9, 2022 1:34 AM

What was that stupid comment she made about the engagement interview being an orchestrated reality show? WTF did she think she was currently filming? What an ignorant twat.

by Anonymousreply 310December 9, 2022 1:35 AM

[quote] The couple’s softball engagement interview in 2017 on the BBC was an “orchestrated reality show,” Meghan says in the third episode—a complete contrast to the casual, authentic chat she is now having in full hair and makeup with a documentary filmmaker.

Helen Lewis on form in the Atlantic.

by Anonymousreply 311December 9, 2022 1:35 AM

The Daily Star respecting the privacy of the dog is priceless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312December 9, 2022 1:38 AM

That’s great R312.

by Anonymousreply 313December 9, 2022 1:41 AM

You’re all haters and probably unloved, spinster haters at that. How can you hear the story about their trip to Botswana early in their relationship and not root for them?

God you people are such hateful assholes.

by Anonymousreply 314December 9, 2022 1:51 AM

r314 if that was a serious post I think it's the way they simper that makes their story so irritating. I usually am a sucker for a good love story, but their cutesy acts is annoying.

by Anonymousreply 315December 9, 2022 1:55 AM

Watching it now. So impressive that Harry can drive on the right side of the road!

by Anonymousreply 316December 9, 2022 2:05 AM

Meghan implies that Kate is cold and that Brits don't hug....here is Kate spontaneously hugging a nurse who helped her deliver George.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317December 9, 2022 2:07 AM

A columnist in The Maul: The desire to lash out at his brother – for being OK when he isn’t, for apparently coping so much better than he ever did. The fury at his father, which he can’t bring himself to express openly but which manifests itself in the attacks on the monarchy as an institution.

His latent loathing of his stepmother, the Queen Consort, who supplanted his own mother in his father’s affections. Even perhaps some frustration with the late Queen herself, his grandmother, for putting the institution before the personal.

It is the stuff of Greek tragedy. Add the sheer blind hatred of the press, and in particular of the paparazzi who pursued his mother and then him, and you have a truly toxic mix.

by Anonymousreply 318December 9, 2022 2:26 AM

R314, get counselling.

by Anonymousreply 319December 9, 2022 2:28 AM

Does "Nicky, Harry's childhood friend," not have a last name? And did Harry use his bussy at Eton?

by Anonymousreply 320December 9, 2022 2:34 AM

Oh please R314.

The only reason she went with him to Botswana is because Harry said he had a deep connection with the country. She was just trying to rack up points with the dimwit.

by Anonymousreply 321December 9, 2022 3:04 AM

Anyone still think they're getting invites to the Coronation?

by Anonymousreply 322December 9, 2022 3:15 AM

Also, it's interesting that a woman who returned an engagement ring in a Fedex envelope and has yet to contact her father after his stroke has the nerve to criticize other people for being cold. The complete lack of self-awareness is staggering.

by Anonymousreply 323December 9, 2022 3:19 AM

Confident and assertive r254? You're easily fooled. Her raging narcissism screams insecurity. I think pushy was the word you were looking for. Trevor was a douchebag. Corey was better, but not the best looking. None of her men are/were attractive, but then again neither is she.

by Anonymousreply 324December 9, 2022 3:22 AM

[quote]Meghan mocking the fact she had to curtsy to the Queen was cringe-making.

Yeah, that was cunty.

by Anonymousreply 325December 9, 2022 3:29 AM

Sometime in the not too distant future when Lil Archie asks for a tiara for his birthday, this is the reason why.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326December 9, 2022 3:36 AM

[quote]His latent loathing of his stepmother, the Queen Consort, who supplanted his own mother in his father’s affections.

Well, supplanted is not quite accurate. More of an In the Beginning thing.

by Anonymousreply 327December 9, 2022 3:40 AM

Also, come on, the late Queen putting the institution before the personal, honestly if you didn't catch on to that in the first five minutes, what the hell is the use of you?

by Anonymousreply 328December 9, 2022 3:42 AM

Is it weird that Archie's pic of Granny Diana is a commercial glamour shot anyone canndownload and frame and not a private family photo?

by Anonymousreply 329December 9, 2022 3:58 AM

R10 nicely said

by Anonymousreply 330December 9, 2022 3:59 AM

Yes, it is weird but it’s meant to manipulate their supporters R329.

A more appropriate and sincere option would be a photo of Diana and Harry.

by Anonymousreply 331December 9, 2022 4:03 AM

Kate and William were smart to keep their guard up with Meghan, sadly also with Harry too. They will sell their own fathers down the river for money and fame.

by Anonymousreply 332December 9, 2022 4:15 AM

Apparently there are a lot of shots of the kids in the show and personal pics of their "love story." Even pictures of him in the middle of proposing to her. It undermines their claims of wanting to escape the fame fishbowl and supports the idea that she's dying to be an influencer.

I also saw a clip of her monologuing to her iPhone with her hair up in a towel. Shades of In Bed with Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 333December 9, 2022 4:59 AM

R272 That’s the thing about Harry, he really doesn’t know his mother.

He views his mother the same way Hollywood does.

She was batshit. She stalked and had affairs with married men, played games with the paparazzi, enjoyed the attention, and was killed by a drunk driver and not wearing a seatbelt.

He doesn’t think about those things.

He sure is his mothers son though. He’s exactly like her.

by Anonymousreply 334December 9, 2022 5:05 AM

I found the comment, "I really don't remember my mother." She died when he was 12, not when he was 5. He is such a fucking liar. Who doesn't have a lot of memories from after 6 or 7?

by Anonymousreply 335December 9, 2022 5:08 AM

^^^I found the comment bizarre

by Anonymousreply 336December 9, 2022 5:14 AM

R335 I was just posting that on YouTube. Harry was two weeks shy of his 13th birthday when his mother died. How could he not remember her?

They have released some photos. Archie appears odd looking.

Harry wanted to “protect his family.” So he moves to the pap capitol of the world and loses his security because he’s no longer a working royal. How is that protecting his family?

by Anonymousreply 337December 9, 2022 5:18 AM

R335 He and William were in boarding school from the time they were 8 until they were 13. They didn’t experience the breakdown of the marriage or divorce, they were away in school.

And if you add in Diana’s schedule and traveling, they probably didn’t spend as much time with her as you think.

by Anonymousreply 338December 9, 2022 5:20 AM

Photo from the clip R333 references.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339December 9, 2022 5:23 AM

R333 I mean, no one can really buy into the fact that they moved to LA for privacy.

That’s just the storyline they used as a way to break into show business.

It’s a big contradiction but also a great gateway into the victimhood / exploitation they were looking for.

They certainly weren’t going to admit being a Royal in the UK sucked and they were going to Hollywood to try and become the next Kardashians.

by Anonymousreply 340December 9, 2022 5:26 AM

[QUOTE]He and William were in boarding school from the time they were 8 until they were 13. They didn’t experience the breakdown of the marriage or divorce, they were away in school.

You are obviously dumber than you type...

by Anonymousreply 341December 9, 2022 5:28 AM

Meg’s friend posted this on IG and it is what first caught Harry’s eye.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342December 9, 2022 5:29 AM

R329 No because that’s who she is to them.

by Anonymousreply 343December 9, 2022 5:29 AM

R341 They were in boarding school.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344December 9, 2022 5:31 AM

How is a usual stupid Spencer figured into all of this claptrap?

by Anonymousreply 345December 9, 2022 5:40 AM

Richard Eden-"Yes, it’s over-the-top and manipulative. But, my colleague Sarah Vine argues, this show reveals why the Palace now needs to start taking the Prince Harry and Meghan problem very seriously indeed
"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346December 9, 2022 5:46 AM

"Prince Harry, with respect sir, Your wife will never be like/similar to your mother. I knew Princess Diana for 15 years. Not even close. "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347December 9, 2022 6:04 AM

The look Harry gave when Meghan was mocking bowing to the Queen shows a sliver of disgust and family loyalty. It's all over twitter. He might be his mother's son, but there is definitely still some Windsor in him.

by Anonymousreply 348December 9, 2022 6:30 AM

This is her sans fards and what “H” threw it all away for:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349December 9, 2022 6:46 AM

The most important detail about the curtseying story: she says they were going to have dinner at the Royal Lodge when Harry told her EII would be there and asked her if she knew how to curtsey, and that Eugenie and Jack and Fergie told her she did great. Royal Lodge is where Andrew lives, right, so does that mean they were having dinner with Andrew?

by Anonymousreply 350December 9, 2022 8:38 AM

R349 meet R339

by Anonymousreply 351December 9, 2022 9:11 AM

She's as bad as Trump, and even more shameless. Trump's demise is coming up fast and furious, and I hope hers is as well. Disgusting, pathologically lying narcissistic cunt.

by Anonymousreply 352December 9, 2022 9:16 AM

Harry said he doesn’t have “early” memories of his mother, not that he doesn’t remember his mother at all.

by Anonymousreply 353December 9, 2022 11:05 AM

Guess the IQ of the people who believe this stuff....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354December 9, 2022 11:07 AM

I was only half listening, but had the impression Meghan was making fun of herself with the curtsying story. (Implying she overdid it the first time.)

by Anonymousreply 355December 9, 2022 11:34 AM

R338, I didn't spend a lot of time with relatives as compared to my parents, but I still have a lot of memories of individual aunts, uncles and cousins. He doesn't remember any holidays? The many trips abroad? All the attention they received wherever they went? It's not where he went home from school and sat watching TV in some suburb. He had an exciting life with her, no matter how limited, most of it documented with numerous photos and videos.

The comment was Harry being the only thing he knows.....always the victim, even of his own memory. or lack of it.

by Anonymousreply 356December 9, 2022 11:46 AM

r349 She UGLAY

by Anonymousreply 357December 9, 2022 12:02 PM

This about covers it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358December 9, 2022 12:04 PM

Now that DL has basically c/banned all the things I like, I wandered back to D l i s t e d

Which, to my delight, I find is a thousand times more lit on this subject!

by Anonymousreply 359December 9, 2022 12:08 PM

It seems to me the only thing they've achieved is to make themselves even more deplorable. A couple of common street whores.

by Anonymousreply 360December 9, 2022 12:34 PM

R314, genuine question here: can you explain your respect for them when you know she makes things up like joy in the streets of South Africa. I don't get you. I won't call you names, as you like to do, but your view is a mystery to me. This seems like a deeply unlikeable personality, yet you're very defensive of her. Will you explain?

by Anonymousreply 361December 9, 2022 12:35 PM

Don't even bother discussing this on here. Muriel will only delete it. Come along with the rest of us to D L I S T E D wherethey actually alloe comments

by Anonymousreply 362December 9, 2022 12:38 PM

R362, is there a forum or thread? I know nothing about it.

by Anonymousreply 363December 9, 2022 12:41 PM

r363

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364December 9, 2022 12:45 PM

The respectable SĂŒddeutsche Zeitung in Germany accused the pair of making the same mistakes as Harry’s late mother Princess Diana.

"It seems as if Harry is caught in a real trauma, as if he sees in Meghan a second chance to save his mother,” Der Spiegel said, referring to Diana’s death while being pursued by paparazzi in Paris.

“Why he is telling this story on the very platform that is currently exploiting his mother's sad life as entertainment in the mega hit series ‘The Crown’ remains unclear. Perhaps it has to do with a lot of money," it added.

“These penguins are the last straw!” raged Slate's Laurent Sagalovitsch in France. “Not only are we likely to freeze to death this winter without any water or electricity, with strikes all over the place and forced to get our face masks out of the cupboard again, but on top of all this we're going to have to put up with the endless tale of these lovebirds whose intellectual horizons if they exist, are limited to what font to use on Instagram.”

“They are nothing but a vague actress and a fallen prince, both united behind the idea of selling to the highest bidder the story of their undying vacuousness.”

“Self-reflection is non-existent. There’s more self-pity,” the Dutch-language Belgian newspaper said.

Will Meghan save some “venom” for the end?” mused De Telegraaf in the Netherlands.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365December 9, 2022 12:48 PM

Cheers, R364.

by Anonymousreply 366December 9, 2022 12:48 PM

Their show looks so boring. Just two rich people whining relentlessly. Tone deaf.

by Anonymousreply 367December 9, 2022 1:24 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368December 9, 2022 3:42 PM

R368 It's officially a bomb. 24 hours after release, H&M's docuseries fails to make it into the top 10 in the US.

by Anonymousreply 369December 9, 2022 3:43 PM

It's rating at 38% for critics on Rottentomatoes and 15% for the public. The fact that it got eviscerated by all the critics who count in Hollywood (Variety, Deadline, Hollywood Reporter, Indiewire) is noteworthy. The Harkles are OVAH.

by Anonymousreply 370December 9, 2022 4:37 PM

R355 my mother died when I was 11 and frankly her death - from cancer she was in and out of hospitals for 2 years, then always home in bed - was far more traumatizing for a little kid - and I remember very little about her. Harry was sent off the boarding school, then divided time between Charles and Diana so I'm sure he barely remembers her.

by Anonymousreply 371December 9, 2022 4:42 PM

This lady was brought up right and practices what she preaches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372December 9, 2022 4:49 PM

I really enjoyed the documentary. I can understand much more of what both of them went through, and why they decided to leave the UK.

Once you've been through a trauma like losing your mother because of the paparazzi, you're traumatized for life. I can understand why Harry feared a repeat was going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 373December 9, 2022 4:50 PM

Her pattern is so predictable. A criticism of her becomes persistent. Although the criticism has been publicly discussed for months, she devises the most absurd lie to counter it, seemingly off the top of her head

She insisted on a lavish wedding to feed her ego and further her future plans outside the royal family.? No. She actually was married in violation of English law in her garden by no less than the. Archbishop of Canterbury. She couldn’t have cared less about the public wedding.

Isn’t it weird she invited only one member of her family but did invite bus loads of celebrities? But I did want to invite my niece!!! I literally wanted to double the size of the family guest list!!! But the royal family was selfishly obsessed with how inviting a niece without her mother would make them look That was super important to them! They were okay with the fact that only one member of my family attended, but it’s an inviolable rule in the royal family that a niece of the bride must be accompanied by her mother. I did my best!!!

Isn’t it pretty pathetic that she claims not to have known who her future husband was or to have researched him on the internet? Haha. Well I can reveal months later that those statements made sense! In fact we connected on instagram so I didn’t need to Google him! No need at all to do that before I went on my blind date with him
. Er, I’ll get back to you later with more details on how we met.

by Anonymousreply 374December 9, 2022 4:53 PM

He lost his mother because she didn't put her seatbelt on. And in their reality TV show there's a pic of Meghan with their kid sitting in the backseat of a car with NO seatbelt for her and no car seat for him. Tsk, tsk.

by Anonymousreply 375December 9, 2022 4:53 PM

I’ve heard episode 4 includes footage of South Africans celebrating her wedding.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376December 9, 2022 5:00 PM

R373, the manipulative use of the niece was particularly sad. I think that they never actually said that the RF stopped them from inviting her—they just said that they received “guidance” saying that she shouldn’t come, and let people assume that it was an instruction from the RF.

by Anonymousreply 377December 9, 2022 5:04 PM

I wonder how much the niece got for singing her praises. You know, a Markle wouldn't be doing such a thing for free, so . . .

by Anonymousreply 378December 9, 2022 5:19 PM

I haven’t watched, but I saw the part on Twitter about him saying his family didn’t think it would last because she was an American actress (side note: at the time that was more the knock about her in comment sections than her race). That is precisely why he married her. I think he truly has deep wounds. He’s just going about ‘revenge’ in the wrong way because he can’t win for multiple reasons. He should have just really kicked ass in California. Living well is the best revenge.

by Anonymousreply 379December 9, 2022 5:52 PM

The pap who took the photos of her in Toronto coming out of the florists is on Tik Tok saying she had often set up pap shots (doesn’t clarify if this was pre Harry) and that she was friendly with them (not surprising since she depended on flattering photos). He seems to say that she set up the florist shop photos as well but I couldn’t quite make out what he said.

Saw it posted on Reddit and can’t link, sorry.

by Anonymousreply 380December 9, 2022 5:53 PM

R371, I'm very sorry for your lose but maybe forgetting was a way of dealing with it all.

by Anonymousreply 381December 9, 2022 5:54 PM

Holy shit! You actually believe them, R373??!!! God bless and protect your poor naĂŻve soul.

by Anonymousreply 382December 9, 2022 5:57 PM

[quote]they just said that they received “guidance” saying that she shouldn’t come, and let people assume that it was an instruction from the RF.

It's good they listened to the guidance. We can all imagine the RF and the courtiers were firmly behind inviting a bunch of celebrities the bride had never met.

by Anonymousreply 383December 9, 2022 6:02 PM

Harry nicht canz acknowledge or exzpress hiz anger towardz hiz mutter, zo he takez zit all out on alles der utter familiene memberz und der vorld.

- Siggy Freud

by Anonymousreply 384December 9, 2022 6:03 PM

[quote]Holy shit! You actually believe them??!!!

Well, bless your heart, r373.

by Anonymousreply 385December 9, 2022 6:05 PM

Watching clips of their grievances, canoodling, gushing....I forget she's the wrong side of 40 and he's heading into that age bracket.

They are juvenile.

by Anonymousreply 386December 9, 2022 6:16 PM

Gotta hand it to Meg though, she's the ultimate parvenu who has reached the stratosphere- there isn't a male equivalent in the US to match Harry for status- he might be broke but he has titles, something all the arriviste crave. A Clooney or Kanye would't provide her with all the attention she's getting now. Any divorce will keep her in clover- financially and publicly.

Loathsome as she is, she's played a blinder here and in this era of wokeness has used race, feminism and a few other dog whistle topics to silence her critics. Future generations of whores will use her as a touchstone.

by Anonymousreply 387December 9, 2022 6:23 PM

I don't know about clover. Charles' private fortune (what was his mother's) is only worth one side or the other of 500,000,000USD. Sounds like a lot but Diana only got $17M and she was mother to the next king and no doubt had far more secrets to spill thank Markle ever will (short of telling outright lies, which I will leave to you to decide if she would, dear reader.) And at this point, how many secrets could she have left and why would anyone fear her? A scorched earth communications strategy if she tries to play hardball wouldn't be that difficult to pull off now. She doesn't exactly own the moral highground any more, does she? Not a sympathetic character. Diana, with all the goodwill she still commanded, only got $17M. This dame isn't worth half that and would be lucky to get it.

by Anonymousreply 388December 9, 2022 6:29 PM

What does Charles' money have to do with a Markle divorce?

by Anonymousreply 389December 9, 2022 6:38 PM

I wonder did the pre-nup state that any of Diana's jewellery in Harry's possession would revert to him?

I can imagine Megs flogging that at Sothebys to pay a few bills once she enters Splitsville.

by Anonymousreply 390December 9, 2022 6:50 PM

R389, sometimes the shakedown, I mean settlement negotiations, aspire beyond half of what's left of the loot from the marriage.

by Anonymousreply 391December 9, 2022 7:29 PM

The Variety review is emblematic of all the dopes afraid to criticize them. The reviewer understands how dull they are, but has to make noises about not wanting to be critical because they don't want to seem like all the baddies who are also critical. Then they throw in gems like "Theirs is a public romance with big, rootable beats — the triumph of love over racism; the emergence of a progressive figure whom the hidebound monarchy could never hope to understand."

Lol. As if marriages between pale gingers and half white trash, half black people were outlawed. As if social climbing, influencer wannabe, "I was never treated like a black person" Meghan were Malala Yousafzai.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392December 9, 2022 7:38 PM

[quote] What does Charles' money have to do with a Markle divorce?

Elizabeth II had to pay Diana's divorce settlement of $29 million in a lump sum because Charles was not liquid enough to cover that. He had to pay his mother that money back over time from his monies from the Duchy of Cornwall.

by Anonymousreply 393December 9, 2022 7:38 PM

[quote] Once you've been through a trauma like losing your mother because of the paparazzi, you're traumatized for life.

Not everyone agrees the paparazzi are the major ones to blame. The drunk driver (who died) was the most serious one to blame, but blame also has to be apportioned to Dodi's father Mohamed el-Fayed, who hired the drunk driver, and Diana herself, who did not buckle up.

by Anonymousreply 394December 9, 2022 7:41 PM

R392, that's what I thought, but you articulated it better and identified something I didn't: fear of the wokerati. I read it as trying to have it both ways, opening with the truth - it's boring bullshit - but then excusing it to suck up to Netflix, which isn't dead yet.

by Anonymousreply 395December 9, 2022 7:47 PM

Let's be real if the media stopped talking about Meghan tomorrow she would die from lack of attention. Thats what makes all this whining about the media seem so hallow.

She is an attention/fame whore.

I actually have more respect for people like JLo and the Kardashians who lavish in the media attention and don't put on this false pretense of "muh privacy".

by Anonymousreply 396December 9, 2022 8:01 PM

A-list chicks be all cray cray= her and Hillaria Baldwin are gold dust!

by Anonymousreply 397December 9, 2022 8:05 PM

I was enjoying it in a gossipy, neutral way until Meghan said that her son's favorite song was Elton John's 'Rocket Man'. I suppose saying it was 'Goodbye English Rose' would have been a step too far but letting the association linger wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 398December 9, 2022 8:19 PM

Also, if you think about it, Rocketman is about a guy who gives up his family to follow his dreams.

by Anonymousreply 399December 9, 2022 8:22 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400December 9, 2022 8:39 PM

God I forgot about those spindly legs. She looks like Sally Struthers has been eating her rations.

by Anonymousreply 401December 9, 2022 9:03 PM

I am darker than Meghan and I am straight up caucasian. It wasn't her race that was the problem, it was her attitude.

by Anonymousreply 402December 9, 2022 9:03 PM

I watched this crap like Patsy Stone, I yelled “oh shut up” and “oh piss off” more than once at the TV

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403December 9, 2022 9:21 PM

That one picture they released of Lili a few months ago, they turned up the orange in that photo. Neither of those kids actually has red hair.

by Anonymousreply 404December 9, 2022 9:22 PM

Has she mentioned the uplifting slogans she wrote on bananas in the most classy calligraphy?

by Anonymousreply 405December 9, 2022 9:25 PM

These days it's all "Good part coming up next" and "Quiet, quiet, I'm gonna talk again!" and "And another interesting thing I want to tell you."

by Anonymousreply 406December 9, 2022 9:31 PM

This article in Medium nails it:

[quote]Which makes you wonder, if they can’t keep their small stories straight, why would anyone believe their bigger accusations?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407December 9, 2022 9:31 PM

More from the article:

[quote]The doe eyed innocence is played so fiercely here that it smacks of ignorance and condescension, and you’re half expecting to hear the director yell, “Cut! Take it down a notch Megs!”

by Anonymousreply 408December 9, 2022 9:32 PM

They had to leave England because of the hate and stalking. They kept offering her elderly father money for access.

Her family seems passive-aggressive. They do awful things then get misty and say, 'Meg, call us'.

At some point you just have to cut ties with unhealthy relationships- even if they are relatives..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409December 9, 2022 9:38 PM

Yes and I think that's what her relatives have done.

by Anonymousreply 410December 9, 2022 9:40 PM

Meghan should have brought her fiance Harry to meet her father. I think Meghan didn't want him walking her down the aisle because he is not photogenic enough.

by Anonymousreply 411December 9, 2022 9:41 PM

Omid Scabies is in the house at R409, y'all!

by Anonymousreply 412December 9, 2022 9:42 PM

R361, I don’t know why you’re stalking me and analyzing my posting history, but it seems I’ve touched a nerve. Stalking is not an appropriate response though.

To answer your question, I suppose the answer is that my opinion of Meghan Markle is not sullied by all of the myriad things that Meghan Markle does that happen to mirror the things that every other celebrity influencer does.

Obviously that is her objective here, is to become something of a lifestyle influencer, would you agree? That was a big part of her persona before she met Harry. She was actually decent at it. Now she is back in the States and trying to restart that career path.

So what?

Now, please feel free to share all of the less than genuine things you have done to make yourself look good in search of a means to earn a living for yourself. That way, I can call out all the ways you’re behaving like a hypocritical, judgmental bitch.

by Anonymousreply 413December 9, 2022 10:21 PM

His name was like Prince Harry and after our first date, my bffs said I should like... totally Google him to see where was from and what he did for a living.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414December 9, 2022 10:39 PM

R413, I don't know where you're getting the idea I'm stalking your posts. I asked a question based on one of your posts. As to touched nerves, it took ya five paragraphs and still more name calling to spit it out.

When you're explaining, you're losing. But you'll be used to that.

by Anonymousreply 415December 9, 2022 10:59 PM

Everything they touch turns to shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416December 9, 2022 11:02 PM

The Mail put the knife if, noting how the A list she wants so badly are basically giving her a wide berth.

by Anonymousreply 417December 9, 2022 11:13 PM

[qute]they just said that they received “guidance” saying that she shouldn’t come, and let people assume that it was an instruction from the RF betting it was Doria...

by Anonymousreply 418December 9, 2022 11:56 PM

Because most in the US, including celebs, don’t care enough to weigh in. Nobody except a small subset of the population are that invested in these squabbles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419December 9, 2022 11:59 PM

The fact that Harry (a grown man) found a Meghan (a grown woman) using an insta dog filter "cute" speaks to his 9th grade level of maturity.

My niece uses those filters. She's 10.

by Anonymousreply 420December 10, 2022 12:09 AM

I keep reading these threads expecting I'll get a message that makes me say, "That's it. This whole thing is over. Thank God." That's the whole reason. I don't care about Meghan or Harry. I'm just waiting for there to be an *ending*.

But that's never going to happen. I know that. So why then do I keep coming back??

by Anonymousreply 421December 10, 2022 12:12 AM

[quote]At some point you just have to cut ties with unhealthy relationships- even if they are relatives.

We wholeheartedly agree!

by Anonymousreply 422December 10, 2022 12:18 AM

The Variety review is scathing. "There’s an air of duty about the entire enterprise of “Harry & Meghan,” as if they’re honor-bound to keep reciting their personal story until we eventually lose interest." We already did.

by Anonymousreply 423December 10, 2022 12:18 AM

R415: you’re a real dim bulb idiot, aren’t you? You literally just wrote an entire post EXPLAINING yourself when all I was doing was answering your dumb question.

I know your goal is to put me on the defensive but you will have to be a little smarter than that.

Dummy.

by Anonymousreply 424December 10, 2022 12:24 AM

I like this highly rated Reader’s comment on the New York Times review of the show today: Lpb “My fellow Latinas in Washington Heights were beyond thrilled when Harry met Meghan. Meghan looked like us. She was one of us! But then they spoke ill of their family and they lost any and all goodwill from my fellow Latinas. Meghan is most definitely not one of us. We do not trash our family customs, nor those of our spouses. We do not speak ill in public of the family. And we venerate and respect our Abuelas. Our grandmothers are the ones we most shower with love and affection, most especially when they are very old and near death. While this pair was abandoning their amazing Abuela, and speaking badly of their family traditions, they lost any respect my fellow Afro-Latinas may have had. There are few things are sinful as hurting your Abuela, especially right before she dies. The only thing worse is doing so in public, for the world to see your lack of respect for the family. No, that strange, skinny, family-busting lady is not like us, at all.“

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425December 10, 2022 12:29 AM

Fyi, R424: Incessant name-calling makes YOU look dumb. Think about it.

by Anonymousreply 426December 10, 2022 12:31 AM

I agree with that post, r425, except for the skinny bit. I wonder if a lot of people find the Harkles' treatment of their fathers disrespectful, too? I know I do.

by Anonymousreply 427December 10, 2022 12:38 AM

Harry and Meghan Complain and Explain.

by Anonymousreply 428December 10, 2022 12:52 AM

I don’t understand the curtsy bit.

Meghan is not a British citizen and would not be required to curtsy to the Queen. Why is such a big deal made of it? Was Harry forcing her to adopt that custom before they were married?

by Anonymousreply 429December 10, 2022 1:06 AM

He told her she had to curtsy when meeting HMTQ, r429.

by Anonymousreply 430December 10, 2022 1:11 AM

The curtsy moment was so cringe because she was mocking the whole thing, she then uses a bitchy, over the top voice (paraphrasing from the many articles pointing this out) and then compared the experience to dinner a Medieval Times. For someone who aspires to be such a voice of change, Meghan sure acts like a rube and I hate how she says, "Americans will understand this". I don't know if it's a chain, but Medieval Times is this shitty themed restaurant people might go on their birthdays in LA/OC and it has the whole Excalibur Knights vibe. It's so disrectful and this is the one moment, probably when she thought she was being a naive ingenue, that she exposed herself. It's mentioned in almost every scathing review and Harry looked like he wants to throttle her.

by Anonymousreply 431December 10, 2022 1:22 AM

I think Meghan's generally full of shit, but I believe that she and her half-sibs were never close. Every time Sam whines, she brings out the same 2 pictures of her with Tiny Meg.

And acting SHOCKED that they weren't invited to the wedding.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432December 10, 2022 1:30 AM

The scene of them driving around in a panic about non-existent paparazzies was hysterical!! What clowns.

by Anonymousreply 433December 10, 2022 1:33 AM

Jesus does a good job of dissecting the farce.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434December 10, 2022 1:35 AM

One of Harry's exes, I think it was Cressida, said he was paranoid and thinking paparazzi were following them when they werent.

by Anonymousreply 435December 10, 2022 1:39 AM

[quote] I suppose the answer is that my opinion of Meghan Markle is not sullied by all of the myriad things that Meghan Markle does that happen to mirror the things that every other celebrity influencer does.

[quote] Now, please feel free to share all of the less than genuine things you have done to make yourself look good in search of a means to earn a living for yourself. That way, I can call out all the ways you’re behaving like a hypocritical, judgmental bitch.

Don’t know who you are responding to, R413, but was struck by your defence of Meghan Markle. I happen to know Markle and have met her father and Doria(albeit briefly).

I’ve written about this before, but I had a relative that interacted with Markle regularly
.although not by choice but by circumstance, Rachel was exceedingly cruel in her interactions with this relative. Tom Markle was around much more than Doria.

For you to claim that others are hypocritical in their discussions of Markle is naive if not outright delusional. She is demonstrating to the wider populace who she really is, and it is not a pretty picture. Perhaps you are like her: abusive, greedy and wildly inauthentic. That would explain your need to name call and abuse other posters on this thread, no?

by Anonymousreply 436December 10, 2022 1:43 AM

R435 yep. Paranoid about paparazzi...and married an actress.

by Anonymousreply 437December 10, 2022 1:44 AM

I read in a few places that Meghan would call the Toronto police reporting stalkers, none were ever found. It sounds like they both have paranoid ideations fed by grandiose delusions.

by Anonymousreply 438December 10, 2022 1:50 AM

[quote] Meghan needs to bring Harry down to her level in order to elevate herself. Hence the leaning into forced casualness, hosting William and Kate for dinner, their very first meeting, Meghan barefoot and in ripped jeans

by Anonymousreply 439December 10, 2022 1:53 AM

[QUOTE]then compared the experience to dinner a Medieval Times.

She equated a sign of respect to the matriarch of the family she was entering to MT? The one where people eat dinner with their hands? (No utensils, medieval ya know) I was just at a show in Vegas for a family birthday before Thanksgiving and having watched it and how the crowd reacts, I suspect she's never been to a performance. Nothing could be more far removed from the formality of BP and the RF. For someone as practiced in her mendacity, she cannot do it skillfully. Rube indeed.

by Anonymousreply 440December 10, 2022 1:57 AM

I can't believe the title places his name first, if at all.

by Anonymousreply 441December 10, 2022 1:58 AM

There is a restaurant in LA called the Kings Arms and it has medieval decor. When I was a kid, probably from age 5 or 6 to about 10 I made my parents take me there for every birthday. I loved that place as a child. Loved the decor.

by Anonymousreply 442December 10, 2022 2:03 AM

R438 - she is now accusing Toronto police of not protecting her

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 443December 10, 2022 2:04 AM

2.4 million viewers for the first episode.

Biggest single-day audience for a Netflix show.

Cope and seethe, Klan Grannies. Cope and seethe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444December 10, 2022 2:05 AM

R444 - millions of people voted for Trump too. Doesnt make him any good.

by Anonymousreply 445December 10, 2022 2:09 AM

[quote]R444 - millions of people voted for Trump too. Doesnt make him any good.

And the same racial fears that drove people to Trump are pushing y'all into online meltdowns. Your point?

by Anonymousreply 446December 10, 2022 2:18 AM

Some people were curious, R444. But only 800,000 made it to the 3rd episode. The H&M Reality Show is a mendacious gripefest filled with disinformation.

A joke for Netflix. And rightfully so, it’s being savaged. The pair come across horribly.

by Anonymousreply 447December 10, 2022 2:19 AM

The thing is Meghan isn't even smart in her scheming.

She should have brought Harry to meet her father right away and discreetly offered daddy some financial help (because they "care" about him) and have him sign some kind of NDA. I think she was afraid Daddy would spill the beans to Harry and ruin the lies she had told Haz and embarrassed because he was a bit stout and dumpy and would not fit her image walking her down the aisle.

If she knew living in the UK was short term she should have killed them all with kindness while she was there, she could have had Harry play the bad cop with his family while she plays the good cop.

You don't treat long term employees of the RF rudely. Once again, if she knew they were not staying in the UK long term she should have just kept a smile on her face and acted humble (even if she isn't).

by Anonymousreply 448December 10, 2022 2:21 AM

R447 & R 244 Remember the 2.4 million figure is just the number of people who clicked on to the episode (it doesn't represent people who actually watched the full episode). Also yes, there was a huge dip between episodes 2 and 3. Like Meghan's podcast, the first episode was always going to do good numbers but it's unlikely to sustain an audience.

by Anonymousreply 449December 10, 2022 2:22 AM

They are hilariously inept human beings.

by Anonymousreply 450December 10, 2022 2:25 AM

^^^^ It’s thus far been a B O R I N G liefest.

We’ve heard all this before (in various scenarios),but the bottom line involves the duo portraying themselves as victims who live in a 16 bathroom mansion in Montecito, fly on private jets around the globe, travel with an army of assistants, employees,bodyguards, etc. (and they are lobbying for TAXPAYERS to fund more for them) and only experience the finer material privileges obtainable on planet earth.

Incredibly tone-deaf, when many in the world are currently experiencing extreme deprivation of war, health, economic downturns, etc.

The dolts that PAY to watch these imbeciles complain and lie are getting their just desserts.

by Anonymousreply 451December 10, 2022 2:29 AM

[Quote]And the same racial fears that drove people to Trump are pushing y'all into online meltdowns. Your point?

My point is clicks and views dont mean the documentary is any good. Its full of lies and contradictory statements (how they met, how they got engaged). Im not sure I would call it meltdowns either, check out the reviews from established critics - they arent good.

As for your racial comment, for the gazillionth time nobody gives a fuck that Meghan is half black. Some of my family died in WWII but I dont hate Germans. Its called moving on. Does the monarchy have a past history of racism? Absolutely. Doesnt mean her slightly beige pussy got the Queen's knickers in a knot.

by Anonymousreply 452December 10, 2022 2:31 AM

The video of her with the towel on her head. She has some kind of base "natural looking" foundation on but I am surprised how round and plain her face is. She needs makeup to give it definition.

by Anonymousreply 453December 10, 2022 2:46 AM

R448, men like Harry don't want to play the bad cop. They are invested in having a nice guy image while hiding feelings of anger and resentment. That's why they seek out wives who are only too happy to be the bitches that their husbands are too afraid to be.

by Anonymousreply 454December 10, 2022 2:46 AM

Harry just seems so dull and dumb, he has lived a sheltered existence and has been so pampered. Meghan is more clever than he is, I bet she is bored out of her mind with him.

by Anonymousreply 455December 10, 2022 2:50 AM

R446 - how are you honestly defending a woman who cheated on Cory Vitiello, screamed at staffers, and thought it was ridiculous that she had to show Harry's 90 year old grandma an ounce of respect??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456December 10, 2022 2:52 AM

It's no longer in the top 10 according to my Netflix feed.

by Anonymousreply 457December 10, 2022 3:03 AM

Curtsying is so medieval times. But ducal and royal titles are the bomb!

by Anonymousreply 458December 10, 2022 3:28 AM

Medieval Times is a chain of 10 or so locations around the country. It's more of a theater than a restaurant, where you sit in this big arena set inside a fake castle, and you watch games and tournaments, much of them on horseback. You do eat dinner, but it's not really about the food, it's about the show. I guess that was her only previous experience being inside a castle.

by Anonymousreply 459December 10, 2022 3:33 AM

The audience comments on Rotten Tomatoes are entertaining. An international barrage of contempt. A score of 12%. Restores a bit of my faith in humanity. Maybe people are not so gullible after all.

by Anonymousreply 460December 10, 2022 3:34 AM

Poor Meghan. With the curtsey act she thinks she is being clever, funny and charming, when in reality she comes across as small, mean and quite stupid.

by Anonymousreply 461December 10, 2022 3:37 AM

They seem to have done the impossible: created a snoozefest with nothing new that still repels all the people who can think.

by Anonymousreply 462December 10, 2022 3:43 AM

[quote]Perhaps you are like her: abusive, greedy and wildly inauthentic. That would explain your need to name call and abuse other posters on this thread, no?

Mmmmm. Probably not. But since this is an anonymous message board, I am totally fine if you think that.

I am also free to disbelieve every word of your supposed first hand account. You can't even get the woman's name right (Rachel is the character she played on Suits, I believe) so why am I going to believe you have some kind of insider information?

Psssst. Making shit up to score cred points makes you the EXACT same asshole you are complaining about.

Dummy.

by Anonymousreply 463December 10, 2022 3:43 AM

Dummy?

Does your mom know you're still on the computer this late?

by Anonymousreply 464December 10, 2022 3:45 AM

[QUOTE]One of Harry's exes, I think it was Cressida, said he was paranoid and thinking paparazzi were following them when they werent.

Yes, it was Cressida. She said that Harry would ruin their evenings out because he'd see some paps (or think he did) and would become angry, sulky, and paranoid seemingly unable to let it roll off his back and enjoy an evening out with his girlfriend. She said he got so bad, their dates consisted of take-out at Nottingham Cottage, which was often a mess. A prince of a man.🙄

by Anonymousreply 465December 10, 2022 3:47 AM

[quote] You can't even get the woman's name right (Rachel is the character she played on Suits, I believe) so why am I going to believe you have some kind of insider information?

Her legal name is Rachel Meghan Markle. Her first name is Rachel, although she goes by Meghan. You sound like an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 466December 10, 2022 3:48 AM

[quote]But only 800,000 made it to the 3rd episode.

It's been out for two days and premiered on a Thursday for Christ's sake. Most people have jobs and aren't going to sit and binge the whole thing. The fact that 800,000 DID binge the whole thing in less than 48 hours is a GOOD thing, not a bad thing.

by Anonymousreply 467December 10, 2022 3:49 AM

It's not in the top 10 anymore. Looks like who ever wanted to watch it already has.

by Anonymousreply 468December 10, 2022 3:51 AM

[quote]You sound like an idiot.

Name calling! See upthread for the reasons why that renders your response moot! Try again, dummy!

by Anonymousreply 469December 10, 2022 3:52 AM

The curtsy comment bothers me. Even if you think its silly, its Harry's grandma and you know you are marrying into the most famous family on Earth.

The fact that she stated a culture steeped in rich beautiful tradition was "like medieval times" shows how dreadfully classless, rude and uncouth she really is. I noticed at the Queens funeral she did an extra deep exaggerated curtsy too. I wonder if she thought it was amusing to curtsy to a dead lady.

by Anonymousreply 470December 10, 2022 3:52 AM

[quote]It's not in the top 10 anymore. Looks like who ever wanted to watch it already has.

Great. So around a million people watched all available episodes so far.

Where does The Crown currently rank?

by Anonymousreply 471December 10, 2022 3:53 AM

Thank you, r466. I was about to point it out. Some people just need to be ignorant and angry while they smugly call people dummies as they impart erroneous information. Makes 'em feel good, I suppose. I wonder why she chose to go by Meghan. A professional decision? Did she think Rachel Markle sounded too Jewish?

by Anonymousreply 472December 10, 2022 3:54 AM

R467. Even if it is a blockbuster, what does that mean? Are they going to release six-part whingefests annually for the next 25 years in the pursuit of “financial independence”? The interest in the programme was entirely related to the institution he was born into and nothing to do with him. Even if it’s a ratings winner it’s a completely non-repeatable phenomenon

by Anonymousreply 473December 10, 2022 3:55 AM

Please, R466-R472.

You fools cannot accept the fact that someone has a different opinion than you about a celebrity that none of us even knows, to the point where it is LITERALLY ruining your whole damn day, and somehow I am the idiot?

LOL.

Please hold that reflecting mirror straight. It's as crooked as your wig and your teeth. You are the idiot here.

Get some sleep. You will feel better after you have had some rest.

Dummy.

by Anonymousreply 474December 10, 2022 3:58 AM

OK, smartie.

by Anonymousreply 475December 10, 2022 4:02 AM

Just block the Meghan loving fat frau who grunted her way over here from lipstick alley and the thread cleans up a bit.

by Anonymousreply 476December 10, 2022 4:05 AM

[QUOTE]the fact that someone has a different opinion than you about a celebrity that none of us even knows,

I didn't realize that a person's given name that appears on a legal document is a matter of opinion. But I guess in the QAnon era it's not surprising some folks think this way. Congratulations on your slippery cognitive processes. I'm sure they serve you well.

by Anonymousreply 477December 10, 2022 4:16 AM

Ah, LSA. That makes sense of the plodding writing and the Sunday Schooly scolding. Can't those sows stay in their pens, worsening their Type 2?

by Anonymousreply 478December 10, 2022 4:19 AM

R463 is an abusive twit. 👋

by Anonymousreply 479December 10, 2022 4:40 AM

R476 I just did. It felt like getting gum off of the bottom of my shoe.

by Anonymousreply 480December 10, 2022 4:41 AM

R478 - I imagine the ice cream tub is quite empty after their 4th time watching the documentary.

by Anonymousreply 481December 10, 2022 4:48 AM

I like this take--she highlights the love narrative, the couple branding while pointing out the most authentic part is H's obvious fucked up mental state.

MM's been crafting a rom-com backstory for them for a long time. She couldn't post it all to Instagram in real time, but by god it's on show now. What 90s entertainment trope will provide the script for the likely break-up?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482December 10, 2022 6:04 AM

Apparently, she to a two hour etiquette lesson from a British expat. Did he fail to mention curtsying to the Queen?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483December 10, 2022 6:13 AM

Harry should know better than to tell his American girlfriend to curtsy to his grandmother. Americans don't curtsy to royalty, every.

by Anonymousreply 484December 10, 2022 8:01 AM

T484. Americans who want to become royalty themselves curtsy.

by Anonymousreply 485December 10, 2022 8:08 AM

But she met the queen before becoming engaged. There is no reason for her to curtsy.

by Anonymousreply 486December 10, 2022 8:14 AM

R484, the line at the time was that she was going to acquire British citizenship; she wanted to be fast-tracked down the aisle and into the role of “working royal.”

by Anonymousreply 487December 10, 2022 8:32 AM

Tucker Carlson is really ranting about Meghan, so I feel better about liking this Netflix special.

by Anonymousreply 488December 10, 2022 8:37 AM

Lolz at the Omid Scabies brigade who think just because this series has had millions of viewers, it's somehow a success for those two grifters.

Most people are hate-watching it. The only success will be felt at Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 489December 10, 2022 8:51 AM

R444 = mental midget

by Anonymousreply 490December 10, 2022 9:11 AM

[quote] I am also free to disbelieve every word of your supposed first hand account. You can't even get the woman's name right (Rachel is the character she played on Suits, I believe) so why am I going to believe you have some kind of insider information?

[quote] (Rachel is the character she played on Suits, [bold]I believe[/bold] so why am I going to believe you have some kind of insider information?

Rachel is Markle’s first name: RMM. And the name she used until she began using Meghan later as she changed from using her first name to middle name.

I don’t care what you think, R463. You don’t know basic facts about the woman, you’re ignorant
..and perhaps because of your stupidity, you feel the need to insult multiple other posters. You’re a troll and blocked.

by Anonymousreply 491December 10, 2022 10:54 AM

[quote] [R463] is an abusive twit. 👋

Absolutely. And intellectually slow, to boot. No wonder R463 capes for Markle. Abusive and stupid is Markle’s wheelhouse and the kind of individuals she attracts. Everyone else is perceptive and intelligent enough to identify her toxicity.

by Anonymousreply 492December 10, 2022 11:01 AM

Over on Reddit, someone is positing that the interviews were not filmed at their house and has posted a link to exterior and interior photos of the actual location with a matching still from the show. This lines up with other reports that the Oprah interview was filmed elsewhere (at Oprah’s house?) also the Variety photo shoot. The Cut interviewer did go to their house. So Megs doesn’t want camera crews tramping all over her house. Could be a security thing, could be about privacy, could be most of the rooms are unfurnished and doesn’t want that publicized, but it’s always about control.

by Anonymousreply 493December 10, 2022 12:13 PM

Could be because their entire house and its interior furnishing look like cheap shit.

by Anonymousreply 494December 10, 2022 12:20 PM

The Cut article had photos and they said they weren't taken at their house. That interviewer also said she met both of the red headed blue eyed children, there are so many just ridiculous lies surrounding every single thing about them. Is it that without all the dishonesty, they would just be exposed as deadly dull?

by Anonymousreply 495December 10, 2022 12:21 PM

For a couple obsessed with 'telling their truth', everything they say, no matter how basic, or significant, is a lie or contradiction.

by Anonymousreply 496December 10, 2022 12:25 PM

No that’s not what was happening. Also, narcissists don’t have the emotional bandwidth to, even playfully, mock themselves.

by Anonymousreply 497December 10, 2022 12:28 PM

Now I've read this from the Hollywood Reporter, who, like Variety, need to show they're goodies, not baddies, and so while pointing out that Harry has nothing to offer and Meghan is uncompelling and the whole thing is boring, they also have to throw in: "... Meghan was initially touted in the press as a symbol of a modernizing, diversifying monarchy before being targeted for her race; anyone who cared about any of it in the first place witnessed that shift firsthand."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498December 10, 2022 12:39 PM

[quote]But she met the queen before becoming engaged. There is no reason for her to curtsy.

Except good manners and respecting the customs of other countries when in those countries.

by Anonymousreply 499December 10, 2022 12:51 PM

The most famous family on Earth? Hardly.

Also, blocking the fat cunts who lick BRF ass and loathe complete strangers cleans the thread up quite nicely.

by Anonymousreply 500December 10, 2022 1:07 PM

You people are fucking nuts.

As an American, I remain blissfully indifferent to the antics of the Real Housewives of Windsor, but you are all insane. Pro or Anti, you are all certifiable.

As Sister George Michael wisely asks:

[quote] Do you ever think you might have too much time on your hands, girls?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501December 10, 2022 1:12 PM

‘Targeted for her race’.

Thank you Daily Mail US EDITION for that racist headline written by the US CORRESPONDENT.

Otherwise the story would be “Brits resent American actress coming over to shake up moldy but venerable British institution”

by Anonymousreply 502December 10, 2022 1:14 PM

[quote] Also, blocking the fat cunts who lick BRF ass and loathe complete strangers cleans the thread up quite nicely.

What’s the difference between loathing complete strangers like the Markles or loathing complete strangers like the BRF? Why is one better than the other? Both groups are spoiled and rich.

by Anonymousreply 503December 10, 2022 1:40 PM

If the idea of monarchy is so anti-thesis to this pair, why are they determined to get titles for their kids?

by Anonymousreply 504December 10, 2022 1:42 PM

I think you missed the point of the comment R503. I was pointing out that the royal cuntlickers don't know the brf yet worship them, complete strangers, and loathe another set of complete strangers. I don't give a shit about any of them but I find it both disturbing and hilarious that nonentities like these people engender such worship or loathing in anyone.

These fat homophobic cunts decided to invade a gay space and turn it into the Markle-hating forum. That should concern you unless you are one of them.

by Anonymousreply 505December 10, 2022 1:56 PM

R501, not nearly as much as you.

by Anonymousreply 506December 10, 2022 2:05 PM

R503, because the Windsors, at least, do their job. I know Americans see them as some category of celebrity, but the monarchy is a function of state, a symbol of the nation and a part of national life. If they are doing it well, the royal family brings focus to others. If they're not, they're the Sussexes. But the Windsors are doing their job well. If you disapprove of the existence of monarchy, that's apart from the idea the UK has one, as do a lot of European countries, the system works for them, and that's OK. Within that system, the Windsors are doing their job well.

by Anonymousreply 507December 10, 2022 2:07 PM

Netflix must not be getting the number of viewers they expected for this travesty. There's nothing in my viewing history that would indicate that I would be interested in watching, but Netflix sent an email to me to let me know they just dropped a docuseries I'd be interested in.

by Anonymousreply 508December 10, 2022 3:20 PM

R461, that's the story of her life.

I am astounded by the number and degree of lies and deceit these two so commit without a moment's hesitation or batting an eye. It really makes Harry's UN lecture a complete farce, like the lives of these two really is.

by Anonymousreply 509December 10, 2022 3:40 PM

Did Harry know Queen Elizabeth was seriously ill? I’m doubting it. I don’t know how he can live with himself let alone Markle.

by Anonymousreply 510December 10, 2022 4:34 PM

Harry and Meghan are #2, both metaphorically and literally on Netflix. "Wednesday" has been killing it here in the US. She has been #1 on Netflix for the last week and just reclaimed her crown again today. I think H&M had so many views on the first episode b/c you also had every reporter, every blogger trying to get the scoop on Thursday and Friday. I was listen to Russel Myers Podcasts, ITV's, etc and everyone was watching it at 1.5 speed to see it all quickly so they could report on it that morning.

by Anonymousreply 511December 10, 2022 4:38 PM

Harry should know better than to tell his American girlfriend to curtsy to his grandmother. Americans don't curtsy to royalty, every.

And there's no real obligation to say thank you when you ask someone to pass the butter at the dinner table...

by Anonymousreply 512December 10, 2022 4:43 PM

Yikes!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513December 10, 2022 4:45 PM

What warms my heart was the Oprah interview was so divisive in a period where racial tension was entering a fever pitch. Now, we are all united. POC, Democrats, Republicans, Brits, Americans, Europeans, reviewers, publications - everyone thinks they are garbage!!!! M&H is the one thing that (almost anyone) seems to agree on! How many fans are left?

The real hero was the Black woman who wrote that eviscerating article in The Cut. She was witty, used Meghans own words to convey her message, and she really was the first to show what an asshole Meghan was and she couldn't be deemed racist. This was a dark, Black career women calling her out on her shit. Now everyone hates them. They have nothing to offer.

by Anonymousreply 514December 10, 2022 4:46 PM

Why would it matter if Harry knew his grandmother was gravely ill? She was 96 fucking years old. How much longer did he think she was going to carry on? He may not have known when she was going to die, but the fact is they planned and shot this pile of narcissist drivel and lies while she was alive and didn't give shit if she saw it or not. They are both pathologically cruel and inhumane.

by Anonymousreply 515December 10, 2022 4:51 PM

The reason Meghan fascinates and frustrates us is because she's actually incredibly normal. Harry could've gone to any Midwest state and picked up an attractive girl from Sizzler's and wound up with the exact same wife: A woman with narcissistic qualities developed from SM who thinks she's smarter than she is, who acts like an ignorant American oaf when among the BRF, and who has lived in such a small bubble that she thinks she can be both a helpless female and a take-charge Karen whenever the situation fits. She's a product of divorce, cares too much about celebrity, likes fashion but doesn't understand it, and has never had to develop depth and self-awareness due to a middle-class privileged and sheltered life.

She's the most common American he could find.

by Anonymousreply 516December 10, 2022 4:52 PM

R498. It is depressing that left-leaning US publications remain Harry and Meghan’s last bastion of mainstream support. Publications that I would normally agree with still respect Harry and Meghan even if they have begun to criticise some of their activities.

Most of the respect for the couple seems to be rooted in laziness and stupidity. Most US journalists have no conception of a constitutional monarchy since the US doesn’t have one, or even really the idea of having a separate, apolitical head of state.

Since they have no experience of anything but the American system and lack the discipline or intellect to understand any other system, they end up supporting all sorts of positions that are jarring for liberals to hold. Slate, for example, just published an article blaming the royal family for historical racism in British laws and society and for not protecting Meghan from British racism. The level of ignorance and the illiberal nature of these complaints is stunning. Do they believe the Queen has the power to censor the press? Are they angry she didn’t censor the press on Meghan’s behalf? Do these journalist believe that the royal family has had any substantive influence on British legislation and policy for at least two centuries.? Do they wish the Queen had had that kind of power and influence?

US journalists also end up adopting all sorts of fringe royalist positions. Depriving children who will have no role in serving the state and who will not even live in that state of royal titles is a violation of their god-given feudal rights. The mind boggles.

by Anonymousreply 517December 10, 2022 4:52 PM

This really shows how far they have fallen. Remember post Oprah, anyone who DARED to even slightly criticize them was fired from their jobs. I know DL hates Sharon Osbourne, but Sharon had to issue a public apology for even questioning her truth. Now, even Whoop tears into her.

by Anonymousreply 518December 10, 2022 4:52 PM

R511, given that it is being universally panned and mocked by every media outlet and thousands on social media, I doubt people are watching it with awe. As usual, they are making complete fools of themselves and showing what deceitful, despicable and completely unlikable they both are.

by Anonymousreply 519December 10, 2022 4:56 PM

I don’t have Netflix but is the rollout strange? First it was vaguely thought the show would air before the end of the year. December 1st, still no clue. Then the day Kate and William arrived in Boston, the trailer dropped “coming soon”. Then a week later, three episodes (? “Chapters”) released in one day. Next week, the last three episodes will drop.

I expected more, earlier trailers, like a teaser in October and then a full trailer in November. Then maybe one episode per week (are they really episodes?) to spread out the draaama although a lot of shows release the whole season in one go nowadays. I think that’s a mistake because everyone binge watches, talk about it for a day or two, and then it’s on to the next show.

by Anonymousreply 520December 10, 2022 5:04 PM

Netflix always rolls out a full series. They don't release episodes week-by-week like HBO and Apple do. So this is downright bizarre. Maybe there were issues with the last 3 episodes and they did some last minute editing.

As for Meghan making such a deal of having to curtsy to the Queen because she was an American, she is still an American - she isn't a British citizen - and she lives in California. So it's ridiculous she calls herself a Duchess. She is Mrs. Henry Mountbatten.

by Anonymousreply 521December 10, 2022 5:22 PM

[quote]As for Meghan making such a deal of having to curtsy to the Queen because she was an American, she is still an American - she isn't a British citizen - and she lives in California. So it's ridiculous she calls herself a Duchess. She is Mrs. Henry Mountbatten.

I just don't buy this. Meghan is smart...enough. I agree with the other poster upthread or on another thread. Perhaps Meghan decided in terms of her manipulation strategy to make a mockery of it all, to react as Harry would (though he didn't seem all that pleased with the curtsy comment). Exactly as the other poster said, invite Kate and Wills over knowing they are going to be formal when they come over, purposely wear ripped jeans and bare feet to show what a contrast - "boring and stuffy vs. free and comfortable". And then laugh about "what sticks they have up their asses" and "can you believe how boring they are". Meghan's whole schtick with The Tig was being "classy", hanging with Canada's elite, being a Jetsetter in the know about all the finer things in life, yet now she is suddenly a "Beverly Hillbilly" in front of the Queen. A dumb clueless American who has never left the valley? With Meghan there is something unscripted in her mind, everything has a purpose or reason to evoke an outcome.

by Anonymousreply 522December 10, 2022 5:29 PM

R521 I think Netflix's strategy here it to try and maximize viewership and media interest by dividing the series into two parts. They allegedly paid a shitload of money for this series so they are trying to make their return. Despite the terrible reviews, we're left hanging to see what "truth bombs" they launch next week. Personally I don't think next week will be anymore exciting than these three episodes but it is a good PR strategy.

Now, R522 highlights one of the things that annoys me the most about Meghan. She is trying to present herself as this strong woman and yet always tries to play that she is also this very naive person who knew nothing about the UK and British Royal Family (despite the evidence to the contrary). These images are wildly contradictory to each other. It's basically the modern feminist versus the housewife who needs her husband to protect her. It just doesn't work. There is no way she is that stupid. It's all a fucking act to try and make her seem relatable to an American audience. Also as an American myself, I would've had zero issue bowing/curtsying to the Queen as a respect to the world's longest serving head of state.

by Anonymousreply 523December 10, 2022 5:38 PM

I think Meghan saw that her big supporters are black women who can't find a man to marry them, much less a prince. They live vicariously through her even though she wouldn't hit them with a stick. Every time a black celeb (see TJ Holmes) turns out to be fucking a blonde, they go ballistic. I think there is a lot of jealousy because basically - judging from rich black celebs who can be choosy about who they fuck - black celebs just want to fuck blonde. Though Meghan is certainly the palest biracial woman out there. I had no idea she was half-black when she was first pictured with Harry. Tom Markle has powerful genes.

by Anonymousreply 524December 10, 2022 5:43 PM

Truth R523. It's also been known that the Queen really isn't that fussed about being bowed to. That was more Margaret's thing. Anybody, even my 7 year old niece knows you curtsey to a queen from watching "Frozen". Also, when Meghan decides to do her moronic naivety act, she needs to stop dragging Americans with we. "As an American", "we Americans don't do or understand this". Most of us, including her, are not that stupid. Even if I were, if I was trying to bag a prince and was about to have lunch with the Queen, I would watched every YouTube video and read every article about protocol and I'm sure Meghan is no different; Her rebellion is what appeals to Harry.

by Anonymousreply 525December 10, 2022 5:47 PM

What I can't understand is Harry's snide comments about marriage in his family, stating his brother and father chose and married women who 'fit a mold' and that he 'followed his heart' (married 'for love'), thereby implying his marriage is somehow superior.

I mean, come on. Any mature person, be they royal or even a truck driver, chooses a life partner based on many things, a primary one being compatibility to their lifestyle and profession. He implies that this is a bad thing, which just had me shaking my head. Love and lust certainly play a role, esp in early relationships, but most sensible people realize they need other, more practical binding factors for a long-term partnership.

William, for example, is an heir to the throne. Of COURSE he needed to choose a wife/spouse who would fit into his pre-ordained, highly public and stressful lifestyle. He hit the jackpot when he found Kate, who is clearly up for that challenge and also seems to love him unconditionally. It was a great choice - and his brother finds fault with this?

It's almost as if Harry is saying, don't look at the obvious unsuitability of my wife as a partner of a senior royal - I married her because I was totally infatuated, therefore it's ok and justifiable.

by Anonymousreply 526December 10, 2022 5:50 PM

R514 I love what The Cut writer did. It was surgical. I hope she has a great career.

by Anonymousreply 527December 10, 2022 5:51 PM

Has The Cut come out with a review yet?

by Anonymousreply 528December 10, 2022 5:54 PM

[quote] What I can't understand is Harry's snide comments about marriage in his family, stating his brother and father chose and married women who 'fit a mold' and that he 'followed his heart' (married 'for love'), thereby implying his marriage is somehow superior.

This is really surprising to me. What did Kate ever do to Harry, besides be genuinely be affectionate towards him? He and Kate seemed to have a real bond. They used to do engagements together w/o Wills and Harry is no actor. They looked like they were having a blast together. I know why Meghan doesn't like her and she makes it known, but this is one area where I am surprised Harry would make any kind of derogatory statement. A lot of journalists are saying that Harry is in deep pain, upset that he is fucked up, yet Will is OK in the same institution so he lashes out. He's still deeply hurt by Charles (and Camilla), but instead of confronting his father, he'd rather take down the institution.

by Anonymousreply 529December 10, 2022 5:58 PM

I loved whichever one of you bitches used to parody her $50-word blog posts from The Tig.

by Anonymousreply 530December 10, 2022 6:00 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531December 10, 2022 6:11 PM

r523 I'm curious how the 'success' or 'failure' of this series affects profits. Doesn't Netflix make most of its money from subscriptions? Would many people sign up for the service to watch a 6 part series?? Do you have any idea how this works?

by Anonymousreply 532December 10, 2022 6:17 PM

I was thinking the same. How does Netflix profit from this series?

by Anonymousreply 533December 10, 2022 6:21 PM

R532, I think it’s not that people sign up for a particular series, it’s that people sign up for Netflix, and stay with the service, due to the perception that it offers endless, ever-changing content. It’s incremental; every show, in theory, plays a part.

by Anonymousreply 534December 10, 2022 6:33 PM

R522 not a Beverly hillbilly, more like the girl in that princess movie with Ann Whatersface and Julie Andrews.

by Anonymousreply 535December 10, 2022 6:38 PM

[quote] These fat homophobic cunts decided to invade a gay space and turn it into the Markle-hating forum. That should concern you unless you are one of them.

I can’t stand the Markles and am neutral on the royals though I don’t envy them. I think it must suck to be a royal despite the wealth. If that means I am perceived as a “fat homophobic cunt” by some rando on DL, oh well.

by Anonymousreply 536December 10, 2022 6:55 PM

Poor, deluded, self-flattering Harry. Whether you despise Charles’ marriage to Camilla or not, Charles was decidedly following his heart when he married her. Nobody was clamouring that he marry Camilla because she fit their mould. You’re no pioneer—-Charles beat you by more than a decade.

by Anonymousreply 537December 10, 2022 10:18 PM

Uncomfortable parallels to "12 Years A Slave".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538December 10, 2022 10:21 PM

Meghan hates Kate 1) because she's tall and thin 2) because she's gonna be Queen and 3) because she and Harry were very close. Bitch is jealous.

by Anonymousreply 539December 10, 2022 11:18 PM

Kate is also quits attractive, unlike Markle.

by Anonymousreply 540December 10, 2022 11:35 PM

Did anyone post this yet?

Nate the Lawyer talks to Meghan's sister, Samantha while watching Netflix.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541December 11, 2022 1:00 AM

Kate is naturally attractive (although also very obviously anorexic). MM has to put a ton of effort into looking 80% as good. She has to straighten her hair and wear a ton of extensions, starve herself, wear pounds of makeup and she’s had a few nose jobs and a TON of fillers. I don’t doubt Kate does fillers but given those towel on her head pics of Markle, she is a filler addict. Meghan could have tried to just be the smart one, but instead she has to prattle on abou5 how hot she is and force people to call her Beady eyes and SpongeBob body so pretty. She is a lunatic.

by Anonymousreply 542December 11, 2022 1:13 AM

R531, that's terrible and no one should be subjected to such vile commentary. The treatment of Meghan has been racist and misogynist from many quarters.

Not all criticism of her and her husband is rooted in that.

They are also self-serving and monetizing their very undeserved privilege.

They do not reside in the UK and perform no royal duties. Living in the United States, they should be Mr. and Mrs. Harry Mountbatten-Windsor and should forsake their titles. As an American citizen, she should know better!

by Anonymousreply 543December 11, 2022 2:23 AM

Meghan comes off insincere and fake. No wonder she never made it above D Level as an actress.

by Anonymousreply 544December 11, 2022 3:29 AM

SNL just made a Harry & Meghan joke - Martin Short said they are like H&M's netflix show, nobody likes them but they tune in anyway (or something like that)

by Anonymousreply 545December 11, 2022 3:40 AM

Harry and Meghan finally get to tell their own story - fuck the press, the royal family and the DL cunts.

by Anonymousreply 546December 11, 2022 5:14 AM

^^^ SUGAR ALERT! ^^^

by Anonymousreply 547December 11, 2022 5:19 AM

They seem to attract dodgy sycophants, like James Corden, Omid S., and apparently the Bot Sentinel guy (Christopher Bouzy). I thought his stuff was legit--there's certainly a cottage industry in M&H shit-posting--but now that he's being elevated by the Netflix show, more is coming out about him. I still don't understand why that YouTube lawyer is suing Bouzy, but it will all come out in the wash.

They continue to provide gossip gold.

by Anonymousreply 548December 11, 2022 6:01 AM

Are Oprah and Gayle still onboard?

by Anonymousreply 549December 11, 2022 6:02 AM

Jack has been one of Megz biggest supporters.....it must kill him to report this. Meghan is now the most unpopular royal in the US, behind William, Kate and Harry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550December 11, 2022 6:06 AM

Ha ha - disliked by 60% in Britain. And behind Kate in America!! Now that must burn the most.

Delicious.

by Anonymousreply 551December 11, 2022 6:26 AM

[quote] I still don't understand why that YouTube lawyer is suing Bouzy,

Defamation. He impugned his integrity all over the place. Denied he was a lawyer and some other things. Also accused him of being a corrupt cop as well as swindling people. Just stupid stupid things to say about a professional. Then he kept doubling down.

Other people have sued and are suing Bouzy. Plus it seems Bouzy allegedly lied on his bankruptcy filing - a federal offense. His bankruptcy filing is online at Pacer and he allegedly claimed not to own any businesses when he owned Bot Sentinel and maybe another company as well. Nate showed the filings and the company ownership docs in a video and then reported him to the feds. LOL!

by Anonymousreply 552December 11, 2022 7:03 AM

R545 Here is the SNL joke

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553December 11, 2022 7:09 AM

I thought Bouzy's name was familiar when it started to pop up on Markle-related threads. He was touted as having a better record than Nate Silver predicting election outcomes. He's got his hands in every pot.

by Anonymousreply 554December 11, 2022 8:10 AM

[quote]Her family seems passive-aggressive. They do awful things then get misty and say, 'Meg, call us'.

This reminds me of someone. Can't quite put my finger on who, though. Hmmmm.

In other news, the Sussexes have sources all over the UK media talking about wanting to reconcile with his family.

by Anonymousreply 555December 11, 2022 9:14 AM

They mentioned the documentary in the opening and Martin Short made the joke about it. They thought Hollywood would be at their feet but instead they are getting laughed at.

by Anonymousreply 556December 11, 2022 9:29 AM

There is all of this "we want to tell our story" BS as if they have the greatest love story ever. The truth is there is nothing special about "their story". They really and truly think they are ultra special, but in reality they are basic as hell.

by Anonymousreply 557December 11, 2022 9:34 AM

It's great - they get to tell their own story, and they have the greatest love story ever, and they're ultra special.

by Anonymousreply 558December 11, 2022 9:56 AM

I can't believe 52% of the Americans polled hold a favourable view of Harry. It looks like they've got her number, but are cutting him some slack.

by Anonymousreply 559December 11, 2022 10:08 AM

Did the documentary really claim Meghan was an accomplished actor whose success was stymied by her mixed race heritage?

by Anonymousreply 560December 11, 2022 10:26 AM

If so, r560, that contradicts her claim that her black heritage only became an issue in Britain.

by Anonymousreply 561December 11, 2022 10:52 AM

32% of Americans think the US should become a dictatorship, so, that's not super impressive.

by Anonymousreply 562December 11, 2022 10:52 AM

R568, they're, ummm, 'special' indeed. Just like you seem to be.

by Anonymousreply 563December 11, 2022 10:56 AM

^ R563 is for our 'special' friend R558.

by Anonymousreply 564December 11, 2022 10:57 AM

^ If her Black heritage was only known in Britain it's because she always put White on her CV before that when looking for acting roles. What a phony!

by Anonymousreply 565December 11, 2022 11:46 AM

"Caucasian"

"supermodel"

LOLOLOLOL

by Anonymousreply 566December 11, 2022 11:53 AM

R559, Harry is a big dope who was manipulated by a shrew and ruined his life.

I think everyone except Harry can see that. He's a sympathetic character who is in over his head and everyone can see the writing on the wall that she's eventually going to dump him because his title isn't bringing her the fame that she hoped it would. She's bombing all over the place, becoming irrelevant and he's outliving his usefulness.

by Anonymousreply 567December 11, 2022 2:32 PM

It’s too bad no one ever got hyper realistic with these two.

They needed to hear, “yes, this job (being a working royal) sucks in some ways. Do you know what else sucks? ALL JOBS. You might as well have a sucky job with all the perks. “

But Meghan wouldn’t have wanted to hear the “negativity” and Harry seems to do a lot of magical thinking in general.

These are not practical people. Charles isn’t either, of course.

Meghan is actively unpleasant and also seems loudly stupid. But I can’t say I’d want to spend time around 1950s housewife Catherine, either.

by Anonymousreply 568December 11, 2022 4:12 PM

Story does not equate to truth R546.

by Anonymousreply 569December 11, 2022 4:29 PM

Sussex continue to tell lies...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570December 11, 2022 5:54 PM

Uh-oh. It looks like Meghan's mocking curtseying to the Queen bit really riled people up. Meghan's employee Bouzy had to defend her about that on Twitter, then immediately segued into playing the Race Card so Joy Reid could join in!

I bet that's one bit Prince Harry wanted Netflix to take out and they said no. I'm beginning to think the people who made this reality show hate the Markles.

by Anonymousreply 571December 11, 2022 6:08 PM

Beady eyes and SpongeBob body? Some you fat cows sound like typical jealous middle-school girls jealous of another prettier girl who's dating the team captain. No one can claim her eyes are beady. They are actually large and quite lovely. Let's see your SpongeBob body.

She isn't a brain trust and says "like" way too much in clips I've seen but going after her looks is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 572December 11, 2022 6:16 PM

Nope, those are some beady ass eyes, especially when combined with the created snub nose. It isn't a size thing, necessarily. BEADY AF!

by Anonymousreply 573December 11, 2022 6:21 PM

She and Harry both have Richard Nixon ski noses. Odd.

by Anonymousreply 574December 11, 2022 6:27 PM

^^^^^fat jealous school girl. Not beady. Beady eyes are typically small and close set. Go back to class now.

Shall we discuss scrawny haggard Kate?

by Anonymousreply 575December 11, 2022 6:28 PM

R575 one thing I don't understand about Meghan's Fangurls is why they attack Kate. Why? People who hate the failed starlet don't necessarily admire Middleton. Do you think if you trash Middleton, Meghan will be Queen? Just ruling from Beverly Hills of course.

by Anonymousreply 576December 11, 2022 6:34 PM

H&M; Monarchy is an outdated, medieval concept........Where are the titles for our kids?!

Harry; What Meghan wants, Meghan gets!

H&M; Let's get married and have the British public pay for it........We've had enough of racist Britons!

Harry; I'm done with Britain.........next time I've over, I want full security at all times

Meghan; Be kind y'all!........ *ditches entire family apart from Black mother*

Harry; Royal marriages aren't for the right reason.......*I married a mixed race girl to piss off my family*

Meghan; I didn't even know who Harry was or much about the Royal Family!.....I want a very specific tiara for my wedding day!

Meghan; "Feminism is empowering"...... *swathes of female staff quit due to being bullied by the grand duchess*

by Anonymousreply 577December 11, 2022 6:56 PM

They really didn’t resist including everything you would incorporate into a parody documentary of them.

Did you know I changed an advertising campaign when I was a child “? Did I ever menton that one?

No, I wasn’t always the stunning beauty you see today. I was more the genius type when I was a child !

Archie let’s make the daily visit to the Diana shrine.

by Anonymousreply 578December 11, 2022 6:59 PM

After watching their reality show, I've decided the director hates them.

by Anonymousreply 579December 11, 2022 7:02 PM

Hopefully Harry and Meghan have an entire gallery to show Archie.

Meghan: Here’s your grandfather Charles.

Archie: Is he in heaven too?

Meghan : Ummm, no. And this is grandpa Markle

Archie: Is he not in heaven either?

Meghan: Definitely not. And these are mommy’s old friends. And these are daddy’s

by Anonymousreply 580December 11, 2022 7:15 PM

I watched the first 2 episodes thanks to Revenge 15's free uploads. As I watched them, what I found most interesting was any bit of their lifestyle that I could see. It was filmed at a rental, but the clips they made with their phones were authentic. I wanted to see more of their pool and view (the birdwatching where Meghan mocks Harry to Archie - "your dad likes to watch birds" in that bitchy tone she uses, as Harry is fascinated by a humming bird feeding - so Charles) - I kept zooming in to see to any bit of their home.

I was also thinking that even after all this, at least up to this point, the late Queen/Charles were very lenient with them. The two things that seemed to really piss the Queen off were the racism allegations and their lie that she had approved and/or been asked about Lilibet. Those were the 2 times post Megxit where she issued a statement from the Palace. I think Lilibet pissed her off more than the racism.

The Sussexes made a wrong turn. Seeing how much they have gotten away with so far, they probably could have gone the Kardashian route while being quasi "half in" royals and probably made the same if not more money. How much more fun and interesting if they showed their lifestyle, the struggles with moving/adjusting to the US, their misery at Tyle Perry's La Quinta Inn layover, their house hunt in Montecito, Harry trying to deal with the leaky roof per The Cut, quirky differences Harry experiences being a civilian in CA vs. a royal AND still kept a good relationship with the family. In hindsight seeing how this all played out, I think they could have had it all.

All they had to do was keep quiet about the family, show up to events and get along with everyone while doing their own thing. They could have had the balcony shots, prime seating, and still merched in CA and people would have like them much better. The problem with all this is that they need to be able to have a sense of humor (or appear to) and be able to be self deprecating, to have the ability to laugh at themselves and let us laugh too affectionately. Kind of a Royal Simple Life. Meghan could still be her controlling self trying to teach Harry how to navigate Hollywood, but I don't think Harry could ever let go.

by Anonymousreply 581December 11, 2022 7:15 PM

[quote] the birdwatching where Meghan mocks Harry to Archie - "your dad likes to watch birds" in that bitchy tone she uses, as Harry is fascinated by a humming bird feeding

Seriously? Wow.

She's such an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 582December 11, 2022 7:19 PM

R581 that would have required cooperation and collaboration, not something a narcissist can do. While most normal people would have taken that route, Meghan's goal was to alienate and isolate Harry from family and friends due to how "victimized" they both were in order to achieve total control over this victim of Stockholm Syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 583December 11, 2022 7:46 PM

Regarding Meghan "never realizing she was Black or mixed race prior to moving to the UK", whatever happened to the story that she told ad nauseam about being in middle school and having to check a box for a school project as to what race you were. Meghan "didn't see anything that described her so her dad (TM) said, 'why don't you create your own box'".

There was a very, very brief shot of Doria when she was really young w/ Meghan as a toddler and Doria was gorgeous or at least very, very attractive. Still, throughout all of this, I think Doria has really been dignified. Even in her interviews on this show, she says she knew race would always be an issue, but that was about it. Nothing as it pertains to the Windsors or even what her life as a royal grandmother has been like. Another opportunity missed to hear something interesting. What was it like to be the only family member, sitting alone at Windsor? It seemed like Charles & co. tried to make Doria feel as included as possible in the wedding coverage.

There was a look in Doria's face that gave me the impression she would have rather Meghan not married Harry and a sense that she really rather not be there having she "speak her truth." Free spirit Doria who likes to get high, dance around, do yoga, and dabble in "experimental philosophies" and whatever else she is into probably would have preferred to not have to deal with this. Even if she has a shady past, I always have and have continued to like Doria.

by Anonymousreply 584December 11, 2022 8:22 PM

Harry could have effectively done a reality show about a Prince trying to cope with real life in the USA but he was too furious Charles wasn't giving him billions and Meghan was so jealous of Kate and had to vent.

by Anonymousreply 585December 11, 2022 8:30 PM

Sussexes are told to stay away from the Coronation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586December 11, 2022 8:37 PM

Good. They're like the crazy uncle you don't want showing up at the Thanksgiving dinner. Just more trouble than they're worth.

by Anonymousreply 587December 11, 2022 8:46 PM

R213 and R216, I just caught one of Meghan's performances for the first time. It was on an old episode of "Castle." I was surprised to see her name in the credits. Also surprised that she wasn't bad at all, honestly. She was never going to win an Emmy with that talent, but she did a good job in a small supporting role.

I was also interested that in the show, one of the characters described her as, "Brown hair, brown eyes, exotic-looking." What was that supposed to mean? From the Mysterious Orient (tm)? A Fiery Senorita from South of the Border? Just Plain Not Quite White? It was weird. Her skin was quite pale, at any rate.

by Anonymousreply 588December 11, 2022 8:48 PM

Meghan lied about her father's texts as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589December 11, 2022 8:51 PM

R586 "a chorus of highly-regarded voices" don't think H&M should attend the coronation - but that's not Charles, who I guess must make the final determination, I would hope with William's input.

by Anonymousreply 590December 11, 2022 8:53 PM

EVERY time the Sussexes open their mouths, the lies keep piling up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 591December 11, 2022 8:56 PM

At the time of the wedding, I heard from a friend of the Spencers that the RF loved Doria.

by Anonymousreply 592December 11, 2022 9:05 PM

Are there photos of Doria and teenage Meghan, ie when she was going to the private school and supposedly living full time with her (unmentioned) father?

Someone elsewhere pointed out that neither Megs nor Harry made the round of morning talk shows promoting the show as would ordinarily happen. No sidewalk strolls between limo and studio entrance. No late night talk show appearances. The show was never listed on Netflix upcoming events. It was “next week, watch 3 hours”.

by Anonymousreply 593December 11, 2022 9:14 PM

Doria's on the payroll. She says what she's told to say. I wouldn't pay much attention to her.

Any mention that Meghan attended private schools from the very beginning thanks to her father? The Little Red School House, then Immaculate Heart. Then he paid her way thru Uni.

by Anonymousreply 594December 11, 2022 9:20 PM

I felt secondhand embarrassment for her when they showed that scene from the first episode of Suits in the doc. Cringeworthy. Her acting was awkward and really awful. I forgot about that. I watched suits for a bit back in the day and it took until about season three to hit its stride. I kept wanting to give up on it but a few people I know loved it and said stick with it. I just don’t recall if her acting improved as the series progressed, and the series itself is not good enough for a re-watch.

by Anonymousreply 595December 11, 2022 9:32 PM

That was actually well publicized that Charles and Camilla were quite taken with Doria. Who knows if it’s true.

That being said, Charles seemed to like Meghan quite a bit in the beginning. That was also the story going round.

by Anonymousreply 596December 11, 2022 9:35 PM

Agree r572. I think Meghan is a textbook narcissist, but, her physical attractiveness is pretty undeniable. In fact i think it is one of the reasons why she has managed to pull the wool over many people’s eyes for so long regarding her manipulative tendencies. She has beautiful delicate and symmetrical features and is quite elegant and pretty.

When I read the posts that start going down the road of intense insults about her looks, even accounting for personal taste, it’s obvious the green eyed monster of jealousy is at play.

by Anonymousreply 597December 11, 2022 9:51 PM

R597 beauty is subjective. Meghan can look great but as we saw from the doc most of that is fillers, makeup and angles. Her face is not symmetrical at all naturally which is why she looks so different every time we see her. The fillers settle. She also has a terrible figure. Why would a bunch of gay men be jealous of her.

by Anonymousreply 598December 11, 2022 10:03 PM

R597, it’s been established that she’s obsessed with reading about herself online, and I suspect that some posters get a kick out of knowing that they’re getting under her skin. Also, and there’s no way around this, she has had a lot of work done. She has that synthetic look—and it’s always easier to criticize when someone’s appearance is completely their own choice.

by Anonymousreply 599December 11, 2022 10:25 PM

Is that it?

by Anonymousreply 600December 11, 2022 10:36 PM

[quote]but, her physical attractiveness is pretty undeniable.

Um, computer says no.

[quote]She has beautiful delicate and symmetrical features and is quite elegant and pretty.

Again, computer says no.

by Anonymousreply 601December 11, 2022 10:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!