Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The View — P.art 27, Season 26

The View continued after P.art 26 $$$

Be nice to Sunny, let Sara talk more, have Ana on more and Joy's joyful moderation must continue on Whoopi-free Fridays!

by Anonymousreply 385August 19, 2023 5:08 AM

Thank You for reading my other post (MSNBC thread) and starting this !!!!

Now - back the 'The SUNNY View with Whoopi, Ana, Sara, Joy and Alyssa as your cohosts'.

by Anonymousreply 1November 26, 2022 5:24 PM

OP I think Sunny is ridiculous, but I’m not “not nice” about it. I agree with your post otherwise…

by Anonymousreply 2November 26, 2022 5:26 PM

I have come to appreciate the decision to make Amy Farah Fowler the Me-again replacement.

I think that the producers finally have transitioned from the daytime hen party to a daytime ABC News show.

Fuck Bill Geddes.

by Anonymousreply 3November 26, 2022 5:28 PM

After they hired Amy, they had to adjust the Venn Diagrams for the ladies. I think that Sunny was impacted most.

by Anonymousreply 4November 26, 2022 5:30 PM

Who is Amy ?

by Anonymousreply 5November 26, 2022 5:32 PM

Amy Farah Fowler, the one that used to work for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 6November 26, 2022 5:38 PM

Whoopi’s best friend is her vibrator. Picture it.

by Anonymousreply 7November 26, 2022 5:54 PM

Don't have to picture it.

by Anonymousreply 8November 26, 2022 7:08 PM

When they return Monday after Thanksgiving weekend...

Will Sunny cheer us up with talk about her dead in-laws not being at this year's family gathering ?

Will Sarah tell us about her panic attacks and depression she suffered with her family, and her 'gay brother' coming to her rescue ?

Will Whoopi tell us 'she don't like Turkey' but filled up on mac-n-cheese, and it was fun to see her great-great-great grandbaby eating pumpkin pie for the first time ?

Will Anna tell us she and Al went to Palm Springs for the weekend to get away from the Miami tourists and they didn't celebrate anything ?

Will Alyssa tell us again she had dinner with her in-laws because she's estranged from her Trump loving family, and she likes her in-laws better than her family ?

by Anonymousreply 9November 27, 2022 2:00 AM

R9 it’s Sara. No ‘h’

by Anonymousreply 10November 27, 2022 2:03 AM

Anna didn't celebrate Thanksgiving this year but it's because she was quarantining in a hotel in New York after testing positive for Covid on Monday. That's why she wasn't on the show this week.

by Anonymousreply 11November 27, 2022 2:24 AM

Ana always celebrates the glory of Al's pinga dura.

by Anonymousreply 12November 27, 2022 3:39 PM

Whoopi always says wear your mask. Does she? Why does she keep getting covid? Dumb bitch.

by Anonymousreply 13November 27, 2022 9:12 PM

Tomorrow, Sunny will eulogize Irene Cara by saying she was the first 'Blatina' she ever saw in a movie, and she inspired her to do cocaine at a young age - I mean, inspired her to become a lawyer. (There won't be any mention of Cara's well-documented past of drug abuse).

by Anonymousreply 14November 28, 2022 3:41 AM

There was no mention of Irene Cara, but in the discussion of whether Amy Coney Barrett should recuse herself from certain cases about religion, Sunny noted her Catholic faith and how she thought she herself could be impartial as a judge. Somehow this was not met with uproarious laughter.

by Anonymousreply 15November 28, 2022 6:46 PM

Once Whoopi returns tomorrow, they will eulogize Cara since Whoopi will say she was a 'close friend of Irene's'.

by Anonymousreply 16November 28, 2022 6:57 PM

R15 I think most observers have tired of laughing at Asunción (Sunny). Most of her remarks are frivolous, self possessed, and inconsistent, depending on prevailing winds.

Almost every time she speaks she sounds like a 16 year old girl from Pasadena who thinks she’s clever and precocious.

by Anonymousreply 17November 28, 2022 7:01 PM

You mean that when Sunny calls Trump the "former disgraced, twice-impeached, one-term president" every. single. time. his name comes up you don't think it's super clever?

by Anonymousreply 18November 28, 2022 7:09 PM

Why do they now devote at least on daily segment to some lonely, depressed woman who wrote into 'Reddit' for advice ? Before that it was some lonely, depressed woman who wrote into the Washington Post for advice.

Who cares about the woman married to the overweight man for 25 years who doesn't take care of himself, but was a muscle hunk when they got married ?

Who cares about the woman who wasn't invited to any 'holiday get togethers' this season ?

Who cares about the woman who's in-laws hate her ?

Spend that time on something more important, please.

by Anonymousreply 19November 28, 2022 7:10 PM

I agree I'd rather they discuss news and politics instead, but they clearly want to attract people who aren't into those things and also want to give an opportunity to discuss things that won't be tense. At least Alyssa is happy to discuss those things unlike Mooghan who just sat there stone faced and would only interject to say how she didn't care.

by Anonymousreply 20November 28, 2022 7:55 PM

[quote]You mean that when Sunny calls Trump the "former disgraced, twice-impeached, one-term president" every. single. time. his name comes up you don't think it's super clever?

No, since Nicole Wallace has been calling him that for much longer. Sunny got it from her.

by Anonymousreply 21November 28, 2022 8:26 PM

And both Nicole and Sunny are simply repeating a TRUTH so it is memorialized. Turning the Trumpian table of repeating a lie.

by Anonymousreply 22November 28, 2022 9:14 PM

^ It’s epizeuxis and exhausting. They’ve wrung anything meaningful out of it and the audience is predictably numb.

See also, semantic satiation

by Anonymousreply 23November 28, 2022 10:02 PM

All the times Chelsea Clinton was a guest on 'The View', I wonder why Sunny never referred to her dad as the 'adulterer and impeached President Clinton' ? You know - when she likes to talk about Chelsea's White House years, she never sasy anything like, "Growing up in the White Housw with the adulterer and impeached President Clinton as your father..."

Same when Hillary has been a guest all these times on the show - not once did Sunny refer to her husband as the 'adulterer and impeached President Clinton' .

What's fair is fair, Sunny...

by Anonymousreply 24November 29, 2022 4:00 PM

Sunny was hard on Will Smith after the slap but has softened her stance considerably. She didn’t even use her favorite word-“accountability.” I guess it’s because she’s pushing his slave movie Emancipation and that takes precedence now over “accountability.”

Later she kept on pushing The Best Man Holiday as a great Christmas movie after saying she’d never seen Love, Actually and didn’t plan to. Maybe because Love, Actually has mostly white people in it? And yeah, The Best Man Holiday has a mostly black cast. She’s so fucking transparent.

by Anonymousreply 25November 29, 2022 4:07 PM

Sunny dissing Love Actually while saying she has never seen it was the height of Sunnydom. Too many white people.

by Anonymousreply 26November 29, 2022 5:52 PM

r24, you fucking whataboutism cunt. You are lucky Sunny stops at her short list as opposed to running the two-page list of disgusting things Trump has done. And Bill Clinton's list could start with TWICE elected...

Fuck you, you fucking cunt.

by Anonymousreply 27November 29, 2022 5:55 PM

Bill Clinton was impeached for a consensual blow job. Trump was impeached for trying to overthrow the government.

by Anonymousreply 28November 29, 2022 5:57 PM

E. Jean Carol has clothing with semen on it.

Monica Lewinsky has clothing with semen on it.

Only one claims it was rape.

by Anonymousreply 29November 29, 2022 6:01 PM

And that revisit of the Will Smith bullshit was so derivative. Everyone in Hollywood has heard what sexual freaks Will and Jada are. The real reason Will jumped on the stage and slapped Rock was because he thought Rock was outing his Bi-butch wife by saying she could do the remake of GI Jane. Has he watched the lesbian frolic that is The Equalizer, Season 2 Episode 10? The only thing missing from watching Dana and Jada butch it up is the clit-lickery and the pussy grinding.

Smith hit Rock because he was too close to outing the Fresh Power Bottom of Bel-Air.

by Anonymousreply 30November 29, 2022 6:14 PM

Whoopi was wise for once by not stepping into the Will Smith discussion. She’s well aware her support of him after the slap didn’t do her any favors.

Sunny pushing her agenda over her so-called “accountability” beliefs is disgusting. She said yesterday she could be a fair and impartial juror. I highly doubt she’s capable of that.

by Anonymousreply 31November 29, 2022 6:27 PM

Isn't it funny how they all said they are able to separate 'the artist from the art' and they will now go out and see Will Smith movies, after he demonstrated physical violence against another actor for the world to see. Joy and Sunny have now forgiven him - and urge people to go see this 'important' movie. ("Till" was an important movie, too, and bombed at the box-office).

Yet, Mel Gibson said some horrible things - in private while drunk - which leaked out 15 years ago and apologized for it repeatedly. Yet in different conversations over time for the past 15 seasons both Joy and Sunny have said repeatedly they could 'never forgive him' and 'will never see one of his movies ever again'. Talk about hypocrisy. I guess if he was a POC he'd be easier to forgive ? (Kudos to Whoopi for always sticking up for Mel Gibson, and saying all along 'the separation of artist and art').

by Anonymousreply 32November 30, 2022 2:37 PM

If Will Smith had been promoting a stupid comedy or Men in Black 4 then Sunny would have still brought up the accountability issue.

by Anonymousreply 33November 30, 2022 8:24 PM

No, Sunny is fine with anything that has Black in the title.

by Anonymousreply 34December 1, 2022 4:18 AM

Are the gals going to talk about their colleagues Amy Robach and TJ Holmes fucking and cheating on their spouses?

by Anonymousreply 35December 1, 2022 9:55 AM

Sunny couldn't even get through a fluff segment about Love, Actually without hiding her disdain for a 20 year old movie with white people. You really think they're gonna give her an opportunity to talk about hating cheaters when they're two ABC personalities?

by Anonymousreply 36December 1, 2022 2:18 PM

I wonder if Sunny is going to call out TJ Holmes for cheating on his wife with a white woman instead of a 'woman of color' ?

by Anonymousreply 37December 1, 2022 2:24 PM

I wonder if they would have been so light with this subject if the audience would have known what was going on .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38December 1, 2022 3:40 PM

Yeah, don't think Sunny is going to scold a 'brothah' for cheating on a 'sistah' with a white chick.

by Anonymousreply 39December 1, 2022 3:48 PM

During today's discussion of anti-semitism Sunny, of course, had to interject multiple times that hatred towards black needed to be treated with equal seriousness. I guess she must have missed the entire BLM movement and numerous worldwide marches?

by Anonymousreply 40December 2, 2022 7:35 PM

Sunny was bearable while Nutmeg was there. Oddly enough. Since Nutmeg's departure, she's the new Nutmeg.

by Anonymousreply 41December 2, 2022 7:46 PM

Shade! "Oh, I haven't even started attacking you....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42December 5, 2022 8:20 PM

R42, Ana was disgusted with KAC, not Amy Farah Fowler. Ana should have posed it as a question.

by Anonymousreply 43December 5, 2022 10:35 PM

I found Alyssa’s reaction very disproportionate to Ana’s actual comment, which was directed at Kelly-Anne and not Alyssa herself. I’m guessing there must be a lot of tension behind the scenes between those two. I also wonder how Ana and Sunny get along backstage because it seems like they’ve also got a bit of tension on air.

by Anonymousreply 44December 5, 2022 11:54 PM

It happened on a day that Sunny wasn't there.

Whoopi needs to learn how to manage Joyless Mondays.

Joy knows how to manage Whoopi Free Fridays.

Mr. Testa needs to grow some testes and not just fill in with an ABC regular.

Today would have been a GREAT day for Kathy Griffin to sub.

Fuck Amy Farah Fowler for her evil spin.

CUNT

by Anonymousreply 45December 6, 2022 12:03 AM

I'm betting Alyssa Farrah Griffin exits the stage before the season is over in August, 2023. I'm betting before February sweeps.

by Anonymousreply 46December 6, 2022 12:08 AM

R46, why?

by Anonymousreply 47December 6, 2022 12:13 AM

r46, as much as I think she is a cunt, she fills the Me-again slot. She creates conflict when there is none.

She creates, as Ana would concede, CHISPAS!

She actually validates the need for Ana on the panel.

Brian needs to restructure Joyless Mondays so that Whoopi is not made into an adversary for Amy.

I tell ya, Kathy Griffin would be a great fill in for Joy on Mondays.

Think about it Brian Testa.

by Anonymousreply 48December 6, 2022 12:13 AM

[R47] She reminds me of Abby Huntsman. She's a likable republican with a lot of 'insider' information. But like Huntsman, she's obviously not appreciated in any capacity. No matter how she tries, they either steamroll over her (Sunny and Anna) or fight with her (Sunny). Honestly, I don't think she needs this - she does the same thing on CNN and they appreciate her more.

So it wouldn't surprise me if she's negotiating with CNN now to give her more airtime (especially as they revamp the network schedule) and says 'see ya' to The View. She doesn't need them.

by Anonymousreply 49December 6, 2022 1:13 AM

I thought for sure they would mention Kirstie Alley's death, but not a word. They didn't mention the GA run-off election, either. Come to think of it - I wonder if they were pre-recorded today ?

by Anonymousreply 50December 7, 2022 12:00 AM

Whoopi did and showed a clip of her dancing with the Saturday Night Scientologist.

by Anonymousreply 51December 7, 2022 1:17 AM

I watched the show from start to finishon my DVR and never saw any clip or any mention of Alley. I know my local ABC affiliate has a problem with cutting back to the show on time once commercials end, and even cuts out a few seconds early before their commercial breaks - but I don't think this was the case yesterday.

Were you watching this live on the East Coast or Central TIme or tape delayed in the midwest or west coast ? I wonder if they added this in for the tape delay.

by Anonymousreply 52December 7, 2022 6:30 PM

And now we are in the Christmas Hiatus.

Is the next live broadcast January 3rd?

by Anonymousreply 53December 20, 2022 10:45 PM

Sherri Shepherd gave Kirstie Alley a lovely tribute. The View really should have done the same.

by Anonymousreply 54December 20, 2022 10:52 PM

The View returns live January 3.

I watched my DVR recording again - saw absolutely nothing on Kirstie Alley.

by Anonymousreply 55December 21, 2022 12:07 AM

OK, I must have conflated it with a GMA commercial shown before The View with Travolta dancing with Alley

I apologize. I am so sorry for any confusion.

Let me repeat, I was wrong. I could not be any more contrite in my retraction.

If I have caused any emotional harm, I accept responsibility for ruining your lives as I was It was only a casual recollection of a flash of video.

Happy 4th Day of The Saturnalia.

I am so grateful to have so many monitors in my life.

by Anonymousreply 56December 21, 2022 12:50 AM

[R56] Apology not accepted. Try to do better next time - I'm sure you are used to issuing apologies.

by Anonymousreply 57December 21, 2022 1:09 PM

r57, your critical reading skills are inspirational.

by Anonymousreply 58December 21, 2022 4:42 PM

No love lost between Ana and Alyssa.

by Anonymousreply 59December 22, 2022 12:16 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60December 22, 2022 12:18 PM

Both of their pussies stink!

by Anonymousreply 61December 22, 2022 12:35 PM

I really don't get the appeal of Anna Navarro.

by Anonymousreply 62December 22, 2022 1:19 PM

Anna Navarro is one of those people that doesn’t score well with the Q scores….but the industry likes her. That’s why she has had such a hard time becoming “full time”

by Anonymousreply 63December 22, 2022 1:23 PM

Ana is a Kinzinger/Cheney Republican.

She represents traditional conservatives.

She scores well enough to be a CNN contributor.

by Anonymousreply 64December 22, 2022 5:45 PM

[quote]That’s why she has had such a hard time becoming “full time”

That isn't why.

by Anonymousreply 65December 22, 2022 6:00 PM

[quote]So it wouldn't surprise me if she's negotiating with CNN now to give her more airtime (especially as they revamp the network schedule) and says 'see ya' to The View. She doesn't need them.

Does she appear on CNN every night? If not, then I would disagree with you insofar as I think being on "The View" is a much more high profile gig than being on CNN. On "The View" she's one of the five main "stars" of a long-running, often-controversial and very successful daytime talk show on a major broadcast network (ABC) vs. being just another political commentator who appears for a 10-minute segment on Anderson Cooper 360 and then disappears. Just my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 66December 22, 2022 6:30 PM

[quote]Does she appear on CNN every night? If not, then I would disagree with you insofar as I think being on "The View" is a much more high profile gig than being on CNN. On "The View" she's one of the five main "stars" of a long-running, often-controversial and very successful daytime talk show on a major broadcast network (ABC) vs. being just another political commentator who appears for a 10-minute segment on Anderson Cooper 360 and then disappears. Just my opinion.

With her hosting experience on "The View", she could be angling for her own show on CNN ( they have to fill quite a few holes in the schedule) and be a singluar host, and not one at a table of five where she encounters friction from her coworkers, and is shut down before she finishes a sentence. She could even be filling a seat on their new 'morning show' with Don Lemon. That trio doesn't seem to be bringing in ratings. There's plenty of opportunity for her at CNN - moreso than at ABC on 'The View'.

by Anonymousreply 67December 22, 2022 6:36 PM

Whoopi is going to be on Sherri on Monday.

by Anonymousreply 68December 22, 2022 8:23 PM

Pics, please, r68...

by Anonymousreply 69December 22, 2022 8:28 PM

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 12/20 Apparently friends and family got the notification this long time A list news anchor host, died last night. She didn't, but it is only a matter of hours or days. Barbara Walters.

I won't believe it until The National Enquirer runs a "Last Dying Days" cover story.

by Anonymousreply 70December 22, 2022 8:58 PM

I think that's a repeat, R68.

by Anonymousreply 71December 22, 2022 10:24 PM

It very well may be a repeat, however I have not seen it, and I am watching Sherri this week as The View is in repeats.

by Anonymousreply 72December 22, 2022 11:12 PM

I've tried watching "Sherri" - I can't make it through a full episode. She's a horrible host. So is "J Hud", though I can take her (Jennifer Hudson) more over Sherri.

by Anonymousreply 73December 23, 2022 1:32 AM

OK, I find Sherri likable and amusing.

by Anonymousreply 74December 23, 2022 3:19 AM

I’d actually love to know the Q scores. I’ve always thought the audience seems to like Ana. And, of course, I’d love to know how Sunny is scoring. Are there actually people who like her? Or is ABC just terrified of a lawsuit?

by Anonymousreply 75December 23, 2022 9:24 PM

The more I read Stephanie Grisham's excerpts and Amy Farah Fowler's committee testimony, the more I think it was BRILLIANT to give Amy a permanent seat at the table.

by Anonymousreply 76December 30, 2022 11:05 PM

[R76] How so ?

by Anonymousreply 77December 31, 2022 1:31 AM

I think she lives up to McCain's level of feminine beauty sarc.

by Anonymousreply 78December 31, 2022 1:47 AM

All Barbara all week.

by Anonymousreply 79December 31, 2022 1:51 AM

Bring back Rosie for the week!

by Anonymousreply 80December 31, 2022 1:54 AM

Yes, bring back Rosie for the week so she can tell us about her 'mommy issues' she had with Walters. She can tell us how she wanted Walters to be the mommy she never had, and Walters couldn't do that for her. That will be delightful.

by Anonymousreply 81December 31, 2022 2:12 AM

It WOULD be delightful!

Hey, Ro!

by Anonymousreply 82December 31, 2022 2:55 AM

Can they just fire Sunny already, everything is about race with her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83January 6, 2023 11:12 PM

Yo, Klan Grannie @ r83, move along toots.

by Anonymousreply 84January 6, 2023 11:30 PM

R84 It's okay Sunny, I'm sure Manny definitely isn't getting some tight, pink pussy on the side who doesn't bitch and moan whenever Jussy or Meghan or whatever victim of the month are called out on their lies.

by Anonymousreply 85January 6, 2023 11:45 PM

They had a long disucssion on the show today about cheating husbands / spouses. They discussed Gabrielle Union's former marriage and her choices she made.

Maybe they could've stayed closer to home and discussed TJ Holmes and Amy Robach ?

by Anonymousreply 86January 7, 2023 1:27 AM

The show didn't disappoint on Friday, Jan 13. NOT A MENTION of Lisa Marie Presley's surprising death. It was disussed on all the morning talk shows - but not The View ? The way they pick and choose who they mention in their Hot Topics when there's a celbrity death is puzzling.

*They never mentioned Kirstie Alley's death in early December, either.

by Anonymousreply 87January 14, 2023 3:17 PM

Sunny has either been told that she must be the voice of blacks or she has taken it upon herself, since everything about her performance goes back to race. She's the Eboni K. Williams of The View.

by Anonymousreply 88January 14, 2023 7:57 PM

r87, LMP was a train wreck. A white legacy who did not merit attention.

The morning talk shows have HOURS to fill. The View has 35 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 89January 14, 2023 8:40 PM

I'm not shocked LMP's death wasn't spoken about, she and Whoopi had a massive falling out in the 90s after Whoops made a joke about her mother. I guess Whoopi doesn't want her brought up even when she's not there.

by Anonymousreply 90January 14, 2023 11:55 PM

I think I’ll skip tomorrow’s MLK Jr. wokefest.

by Anonymousreply 91January 15, 2023 7:00 PM

r91, and you can skip posting about it as well.

Move along, toots.

by Anonymousreply 92January 15, 2023 7:55 PM

You mean the Sunny Hostin Show,R91.

by Anonymousreply 93January 15, 2023 8:29 PM

What was the joke Whoopi told to piss of LMP about her mother ?

by Anonymousreply 94January 15, 2023 11:34 PM

Isn’t Sunny only about 20% African-American and the rest is hispanic? If so talk about being disingenuous.

by Anonymousreply 95January 15, 2023 11:46 PM

Leave America's favorite Daytime Blatina ALONE!

by Anonymousreply 96January 15, 2023 11:54 PM

I love Sunny’s hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97January 17, 2023 7:02 PM

"She was everything, Whoopi" Joy knows what's up. Her mother's treatment explains Sunny's air of superiority.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98January 17, 2023 7:20 PM

What a lovely extra Whoopi Free day today.

by Anonymousreply 99January 20, 2023 3:09 AM

Sara looked FABULOUS today.

by Anonymousreply 100January 20, 2023 7:38 PM

So all the talk on just about every program has been about the five Black ex-policemen in Memphis who beat the Black guy, Tyre Nichols, to death. Everyone is talking about those five Black men being charged with murder. This is making headlines across the country.

Guess who's ignoring this story ? If you guessed Sunny Hostin and Whoopi Goldberg, you guessed right. Not a mention today or any other day this week. Nothing.

Now if it were five white police officer who beat a black man to death...well, THE VIEW would've devoted a whole episode about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101January 27, 2023 1:36 AM

True dat, R101.

by Anonymousreply 102January 28, 2023 12:00 AM

They must have heard you. They said they will talk about it on Monday and specifically said they aren’t ignoring the story on today’s show.

by Anonymousreply 103January 28, 2023 1:20 AM

I saw that and I call BS. They did indeed ignore it this week. Joy said "once all the information is out" they will discuss it - 'all the info' can take years.

I'm also betting they will NOT talk about the controversy over Andrea Riseborough's Oscar nom. Not with Whoopi at the table.

by Anonymousreply 104January 28, 2023 2:01 AM

You just know that if one of the other Royals had used Harry and Meghans wedding to announce their pregnancy, Sunny would've found it "interesting" and condemned it as racist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105January 28, 2023 6:50 AM

Sunny will take Monday off.

by Anonymousreply 106January 28, 2023 1:06 PM

It will be so obvious if she misses Monday's show (unfortunately, Joy has Mondays off - so she won't be there). Sunny will have to put her deck of racist cards back in her desk drawer. I mean, how will she explain on Monday that she had to have "the talk" with her 20 year old son Gabriel this weekend, and now explain to him that Black cops can be as bad - if not worse - than white cops ?

And if she dares to turn the horriffic murder in Memphis into a 'cop culture' incident, I hope someone dares to say to her "You've always said it was a 'racist incident' when a black man is the victim...why the change of mind?"

by Anonymousreply 107January 28, 2023 2:16 PM

Then I hope Whoopi starts off by telling the American History fact that local police departments were outgrowths of plantation management to keep and retrieve slaves. It all boils down to White Supremacy. It must have pleased Massa mightily to see his big black lynching battalion keep the rest of the (N-word)s in check.

by Anonymousreply 108January 28, 2023 7:18 PM

Times like these I wish Meghan McCain was at the table. I think she would ask Sunny the difference between 'racist police' and 'police culture' when the results are the same.

by Anonymousreply 109January 28, 2023 7:26 PM

White supremacist police train black recruits to behave like racist black cops, ie, THUGS.

White Racist cops have co-opted Thug Culture to promulgate black on black violence.

Sunny, you can use this.

by Anonymousreply 110January 28, 2023 7:31 PM

Sunny was all choked up and was rather low-key today - though she did remind us she is the mother of a 20 year old, strapping 6' sexy hunk of a black son and this is what she worries about, every day. Whoopi was on fire, as was Anna Navarro. Sarah Haines did her white, Iowa farm girl 'act' of concern and outrage, and AFG didn't seem to invested in this at all.

They did have Tyre's mother and step father on, along with their lawyer. When the step father was talking, it looked like the mother was falling asleep sitting up. It was a bit disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 111January 31, 2023 2:29 AM

Whoopi was on fire again today over the Repug idiots whining about the Pelosi assault.

They also went to town over Lindsay Graham. Good for Sunny for twice asking “What does Trump have on him?” I wish Joy would ask “What does PUTIN have on him?”

by Anonymousreply 112February 1, 2023 3:59 AM

I have a feeling they're not really allowed to ask or talk about what Trump has on Graham, might leave them open to a lawsuit.

by Anonymousreply 113February 1, 2023 3:27 PM

[quote]might leave them open to a lawsuit.

Can't wait for discovery.

by Anonymousreply 114February 1, 2023 3:33 PM

So far, no mention of the 'Oscar Controversy' over Andrea's nomination. You all know damn well if Whoopi didn't have a horse in this race this year, she'd be talking about this every day. But again, I doubt very much 'The View' is going to give the Oscars much coverage this year (certainly not like in past years) since Whoopi is still butt- hurt about her 10 year passion project "Till" being ignored in every category.

by Anonymousreply 115February 1, 2023 3:34 PM

Something bugging me lately is how overbearing Sara Haines is becoming. She once was a calm panel member. Recently though she interrupts everyone and has started talking over the others. Those times when everyone talks at the same time are becoming unbearable and much more frequent. Sara, shut up, ok? Your voice adding to the calamity of 5 people all talking at once and trying to outshout and outdo each other is just too damn much. Thank you for shutting the hell up once in a while.

by Anonymousreply 116February 1, 2023 7:55 PM

Leave Sara alone. There is a history of people talking over her and butting in when she gives HER view, and I am glad she doesn't put up with it anymore. Her opinions are usually the most perspicacious and layered. She is brilliant if you don't pay attention to the others talking over her.

by Anonymousreply 117February 1, 2023 10:23 PM

Sara always has so much to say, yet she says nothing at all. Nothing of importance nor interest.

by Anonymousreply 118February 2, 2023 1:49 AM

I think much of the irritation would be taken care of once Sunni gets canned.

by Anonymousreply 119February 2, 2023 2:36 AM

...and Joy retires.

by Anonymousreply 120February 2, 2023 12:05 PM

Yesterday they had on Eboni K. Smith - lawyer and former 'Real Housewife' (she was one of the guest hosts trying out for Meghan's seat last year, but didn't get it). She kissed the asses of Sunny and Whoopi while she was on - throwing kudos to Whoopi for the movie "Till" (and how important it was to see this movie during Black History Month). Whoopi just nodded her head knowingly, as though she was sitting shiva and someone mentioned how wonderful the dead person was.

As for Eboni K Smith - Sunny met her match in someone filled with self-importance.

by Anonymousreply 121February 2, 2023 2:42 PM

Of course none of those bitches asked Jessica Chastain about the Andrea Riseborough Oscar controversy.

by Anonymousreply 122February 3, 2023 10:18 PM

Eboni K. Williams, R121.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123February 3, 2023 10:29 PM

Maybe Eboni is once again trying out, and hopefully for Sunni's slot.

by Anonymousreply 124February 4, 2023 12:04 AM

Today's panel is with all the regular hosts except Sunny. It is SO much better without her there.

by Anonymousreply 125February 9, 2023 3:25 PM

But which panelist had a fresh deck of racism cards to share with the viewers ? Who talked about fearing for the life of their 20 year old black son ?

by Anonymousreply 126February 9, 2023 3:43 PM

The show is indeed much better without Sunny.

by Anonymousreply 127February 9, 2023 3:59 PM

I want to slap that smug bitch Sunny.

by Anonymousreply 128February 9, 2023 4:16 PM

Sunny is entrenched in her seat, move on.

by Anonymousreply 129February 9, 2023 7:50 PM

Joy’s remark yesterday about McCarthy hanging onto Santos because he makes Boebert and MTG look less crazy was all kinds of stupid. Boebert and MTG are doing plenty all the time to make themselves look super cray cray. It’s a numbers game and that’s the only reason McCarthy isn’t kicking Santos out. Eventually he’ll have to.

by Anonymousreply 130February 9, 2023 8:37 PM

I think Joy knows that and was giving a different VIEW.

by Anonymousreply 131February 9, 2023 9:07 PM

Damn! They started today's show with Chicago chef Jeff Mauro - what a hottie ! Wish he was cooking in the nude.

by Anonymousreply 132February 10, 2023 3:06 PM

R132 I’d swallow Jeff Mauro’s babies!

by Anonymousreply 133February 10, 2023 8:29 PM

It was a fun show. Mauro made it delish!

by Anonymousreply 134February 10, 2023 8:42 PM

[quote]Sara always has so much to say, yet she says nothing at all. Nothing of importance nor interest.

R118. Truer words were never spoken.

by Anonymousreply 135February 10, 2023 10:28 PM

I'm passively liking--or overlooking--the token Repiug on the panel if The View must have one. Farrah what's-her-name is harmless, innocuous, inconsequential, empty and vapid. Plus, she's still doing her 'mea culpa' and feeling guilty for working for Trump, so she never says anything of note. weight, length, controversy or interest.

by Anonymousreply 136February 10, 2023 10:38 PM

R136, she doesn't bother me either. But then, just about anybody would've been an improvement over Meghan "My Father" McCain.

by Anonymousreply 137February 10, 2023 11:15 PM

r136, I too like Amy Farah Fowler.

r135, I LOVE Sara. And when she speaks, she makes a lots of sense.

by Anonymousreply 138February 10, 2023 11:54 PM

I also like Sara. I think she’s one of the only panelists who’s capable of understanding or expressing nuance. I don’t always agree with Alyssa but she seems like a nice person at least. The same couldn’t be said about Meghan or Elisabeth.

by Anonymousreply 139February 11, 2023 6:49 AM

Sara is constantly interrupted by Joy who thinks her " jokes" must be inserted anywhere, even though someone else is speaking.

by Anonymousreply 140February 11, 2023 2:57 PM

Yesterday on the show, conservative Anna Navarro (as usual) took a swipe at white men in America, with Sunny's support.

She said something along the lines of, "My best friend told me years ago, when you think you're not qualified for something, put your white man's pants on, and just do it! There are a lot of white men who are not qualified for something and they still get the jobs ...some even become President."

Can you imagine if a white male cohost said "My best friend told me years ago, when you want a job that you're not qualified for, put your Latina tight two-sizes too small dress on and just do it ! There are a lot of Latina women who are not qualified for something and they stillthe promotions so the company can check off the boxes..."

by Anonymousreply 141February 11, 2023 3:23 PM

r141, you mean that Ana called out white male PRIVILEGE and you got the VAPORS?

Well, if that isn't white privilege in a nutshell.

by Anonymousreply 142February 11, 2023 7:36 PM

That is correct. She (tried to) call out white male privilege and I got the vapors.

Why can't she say she inhales her Cuban pride and 'goes for it' ? She talked much about her Cuban pride (passed down from her parents) in the past - what's this about suddenly putting on 'white man's pants' ?

by Anonymousreply 143February 11, 2023 8:00 PM

I like Sara's input. She was the one who pointed out (after disclaimers) that there's a difference between sexual orientation (gay, lesbian) and sexual identity (trans, non-binary).

She doesn't stutter to get her point out, like Sunny.

by Anonymousreply 144February 11, 2023 8:00 PM

She was being sarcastic about white privilege.

Personally I think she should have used the phrase "reach for my lynching rope". HILARIOUS!

by Anonymousreply 145February 11, 2023 9:42 PM

Again

TEAM SARA!

by Anonymousreply 146February 11, 2023 9:48 PM

Ana’s point was that women and people of color are often too self conscious to go for jobs where they don’t feel 100% qualified. White men, on the other hand, will go for it anyway. Ana was encouraging women and minorities be equally confident and to just go for it too.

by Anonymousreply 147February 11, 2023 11:03 PM

[quote] She doesn't stutter to get her point out, like Sunny.

She also manages to get her point out without talking over others, making it all about her, making faces, or just repeating the same talking points over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 148February 11, 2023 11:14 PM

"Ana’s point was that women and people of color are often too self conscious to go for jobs where they don’t feel 100% qualified."

Oh please. Ava Duvernay, Gina Prince-Bythewood, Dee Rees, Ana Novarro, Kamala Harris all are not qualified. They are where they are because they endlessly don't just play the race card but they play the whole damn deck!

by Anonymousreply 149February 12, 2023 12:11 AM

Thank You R149.

I was going to say I have never in my life met a person of color lacking in self-confidence or too self conscious to go for jobs where they don’t feel 100% qualified. Never ever. And Harris is our prime example.

by Anonymousreply 150February 12, 2023 3:13 PM

All of you whining about the View women who undercut white men -- the advantage of privilege, in fact it's the core of privilege, is you don't have to care what other people think or say. So these women have no impact on you life (although you do have impact on theirs: Hence their bitterness). Ignore them.

by Anonymousreply 151February 12, 2023 4:57 PM

This was Sunny talking about everything under the sun today:

Blab-blab-blab-BLACK-blab-blabblab-blab-BLACK-blablablabb-blabblab-BLACK-blablablabb-blab-BLACK-blabbola-BLACK!

by Anonymousreply 152February 14, 2023 10:38 AM

Whoopi missed the tailgate food Friday so she demanded chips and dip Monday while the talked about the Super Bowl.

by Anonymousreply 153February 14, 2023 11:24 AM

That was too disgusting for words R153. It was hard to watch her keep plowing through the dip and then talk. Damn but she is a pig.

by Anonymousreply 154February 14, 2023 11:52 AM

Whoopi is such a slob. Munching on chips while on air was disgusting. I bet she let out alot of gas on poor Sara.

by Anonymousreply 155February 14, 2023 12:22 PM

But why were none of Whoopi's chips black?

by Anonymousreply 156February 14, 2023 12:24 PM

I've noticed they rarely get "new," celebrity guests anymore; they repeat a lot of the old ones (Chelsea Clinton! Nathan Lane, etc.) When Barbara Walters was in her heyday, they sure had a lot of big names.

Whoopi seemed slightly pissed when she said Lizzo has not yet been on the show.

Are they having a difficult time getting guests, or am I just wrong?

by Anonymousreply 157February 14, 2023 12:49 PM

I doubt Lizzo could fit at the table with the other five sitting there.

by Anonymousreply 158February 14, 2023 1:05 PM

I think part of the problem with booking guests the past few years (especially with COVID) is the fact that everyone has become 'too sensitive' - the hosts and the viewers.

I doubt very much if Joan Rivers was alive today, she'd be getting many bookings on the show as she did in the 00s and early 10s. She was a controversial comic who made controversial jokes, and she would offend too many viewers today. Same thing with many other guests - especially those with opposing commentary whom Walters enjoyed booking on the show - they would be too offensive to the hosts (maybe not Joy and Whoopi) and viewers would find fault with them booking them on the show. Now they have to be more passive and sensitive to the issues of today (any wonder why McCain was booted off and replaced by Milquetoast Alyssa Farrah Griffin ?)

So now they have to play it safe - with inoffensive comics (except if they're black: Sunny has their back) and boring celebs like Jamie Lee Curtis, Viola Davis and Chastain, who are there to promote 'girl power'.

by Anonymousreply 159February 14, 2023 2:50 PM

R157, I just tuned in and their guest was............ Nathan Lane.

by Anonymousreply 160February 14, 2023 3:45 PM

Yup, safe bet with Nathan Lane. He won't offend anyone and he's pushing his Broadway play 'Pictures from Home' which hasn't exactly set the box office on fire.

by Anonymousreply 161February 14, 2023 4:59 PM

Is Sara pregnant?

by Anonymousreply 162February 14, 2023 8:09 PM

R160, I had no idea Nathan Lane was on today when I wrote my post, and then I saw that he was the guest!

R158 that makes a lot of sense - the old clips during Barbara's obituary clips really showed how much better the show was years ago.

by Anonymousreply 163February 14, 2023 11:04 PM

The show has only gotten better since Disney/ABC News took over.

by Anonymousreply 164February 14, 2023 11:14 PM

Whoopi eating and FARTING on poor Sara is disgusting. Joy used to be seated next to gassy Whoopi but Joy said NO more and moved a seat down.

by Anonymousreply 165February 15, 2023 12:40 AM

Could Nathan Lane kiss Whoopi's ass any more than he did this morning ? Geez - that was embarrassing ! For God's sake, Nathan - the nomination have been announced and "TILL" was ignored. Move on !

by Anonymousreply 166February 15, 2023 1:03 AM

You may not like Whoopi.

You may not like Till.

But Till is a major historical motion picture concerning lynching.

Stop the hating.

And please skip watching The View on Thursday.

It will be a major Guinan love fest with ALL major the cast members of Picard Season 3, the final season.

Interesting that Picard is owned by CBS/Paramount.

by Anonymousreply 167February 15, 2023 2:55 AM

" Till" may be a major incident, but a shit film.

by Anonymousreply 168February 15, 2023 6:06 AM

Opinion.

Stop the hating.

by Anonymousreply 169February 15, 2023 8:15 AM

Whoopster is still pissed off that the flop Till went unnoticed by everyone.

by Anonymousreply 170February 15, 2023 8:30 AM

When did she tell you?

by Anonymousreply 171February 15, 2023 9:08 AM

Did they ever discuss the Oscar nominations and Till's exclusion?

by Anonymousreply 172February 15, 2023 9:52 AM

[quote] Ana’s point was that women and people of color are often too self conscious to go for jobs where they don’t feel 100% qualified. White men, on the other hand, will go for it anyway. Ana was encouraging women and minorities be equally confident and to just go for it too.

I have heard this so often for the past decade and I wonder what other white men think about this 'wisdom.' I'm a very self-conscious gay white man and I've had two adult jobs, one from 1997-2008 and the other from 2008-present, and the primary reason I don't change jobs is that I have never had the nerve to apply for a job I am not 120 percent qualified to do, because it would make me feel like a fraud.

I have actually contemplated doing it *solely* because I always hear people say this—that white men do this habitually and succeed at it—but I don't have the nerve to present myself as more experienced than I am demonstrably.

Likewise, I have a 30-year-old coworker, a white guy originally from Indiana who has an inferiority complex, and he desperately wants a new job but he won't apply for any job he'a not 100 percent confident he is qualified to do.

Meanwhile, I have worked with a bunch of women who've landed lucrative new jobs that they were definitely not experienced enough to qualify for on paper but certainly are competent enough to do. One young black woman I worked with who is very smart was treated terribly unfairly by her supervisor at my job and diminished to the point she gave up presenting herself as professional and became a part-time zumba instructor, and then she landed herself a role as an associate vice president straight from an admin job. She certainly didn't pass up any opportunity to get ahead or to take a job she wasn't technically qualified for.

I look up to people who have that kind of nerve and have argued with myself about it, because if I were to do it, I'd feel like a fraud, but when I see others do it, I admire them. And I really do not see white men doing it as often as women. However, I live in Washington, D.C. and maybe that's a local thing.

But given that this is a thread on The View, that show has a long history of hiring cohosts who are not really qualified to do their hosting jobs, and we see them either sink or swim on live TV—but every single woman we've seen has taken the chance. There's no shortage of ambitious women who will shoot for the stars today.

by Anonymousreply 173February 15, 2023 10:53 AM

It is absolutely true that only men get jobs they are not qualified for and do not deserve. I know FOR A FACT that if I were given the level of onscreen journalism job I deserve, I would be hosting the evening news, have my own cable news show and would already have a Pulitzer in recognition of my work.

And unlike men who are handed everything, I am humble! Humble about my accomplishments and humble about my good breeding.

by Anonymousreply 174February 15, 2023 10:58 AM

LOVED the Picard Love Fest.

by Anonymousreply 175February 16, 2023 8:41 PM

I agree, R175. That was fun. And Michael Dorn is gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 176February 16, 2023 11:44 PM

{{{swoon}}} r176

by Anonymousreply 177February 17, 2023 12:29 AM

Sunny really wants her reparations, but Whoopi’s people done got theirs.

by Anonymousreply 178February 17, 2023 12:52 AM

THAT pissed Sunny off. Sunny was confused how Whoopi's people got theirs down in Florida.

by Anonymousreply 179February 17, 2023 1:32 PM

Sunny wasn't the only one who was confused. Wtf was Whoopi talking about? But it was hilarious watching Sunny squirm as she attempted to keep her mouth shut for a change.

by Anonymousreply 180February 17, 2023 1:56 PM

Sunny’s claim that Black people are “the foundation of this country” is asinine. They certainly are hugely important in Georgia where they’ve made the difference as voters but “the foundation” of the US? I don’t think so.

by Anonymousreply 181February 17, 2023 4:36 PM

Sunny has always said Black people built government buildings, city/state/town buildings, schools, roads, etc for free since the end of slavery. That's what she means by they are 'the foundation of this country' (not to mention what they did as slaves for their owners). At one point, the south did give free black people '20 acres and a mule' (the mule to help plow the land they were given) as a reparation. Apparently, Whoopie's ancestors did receive this in Florida. What they did with this - she hasn't said. Sunny's ancestors got zip.

by Anonymousreply 182February 17, 2023 4:50 PM

r181, you could not be more wrong. And I agree with r182. Plus, while white people were opening up the West, few if any Black people were able to take advantage of it. And if you were in Oklahoma, they burnt down your thriving Black cities and gave you nothing. The many faces of lunching.

by Anonymousreply 183February 17, 2023 7:16 PM

FUCK....^^^LYNCHING

by Anonymousreply 184February 17, 2023 7:17 PM

Whoopi's Till was screened at the White House.

Not bad for a "flop", haters.

by Anonymousreply 185February 17, 2023 7:24 PM

Sleepy Joe fell asleep during Till. As did we all.

by Anonymousreply 186February 17, 2023 7:25 PM

r186, If you were actually there, you are a cunt.

If you are simply lying, you are a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 187February 17, 2023 7:28 PM

Here's to the ladies who do so, r183.

by Anonymousreply 188February 17, 2023 7:32 PM

R185 You are an idiot.

It would be a bigger deal if 'Till' wasn't screened at the WH, since just about every new movie released each week is made available to the White House for screening. Hits and flops - all get sent to the WH for 'screening', and it's up to the President and First Family if they will attend the screening (movies are usually played every night; cabinet members, their family and staff are invited to watch them, too).

by Anonymousreply 189February 17, 2023 7:49 PM

r189, I am not an idiot, I am simply not a hater.

Were you there?

by Anonymousreply 190February 17, 2023 8:23 PM

R190 Since when is telling facts about this movie (it bombed at the box-office and was completely ignored in every category this year by Oscar voters) considered being a 'hater' ?

by Anonymousreply 191February 17, 2023 9:54 PM

People who target Till, are haters. People who cannot stand that President Biden invited Whoopi to the WH screening are haters.

We get that you don't like Whoopi or her movie. We get it.

Move on.

by Anonymousreply 192February 17, 2023 10:53 PM

R192 You're nuts. You definitely need help.

by Anonymousreply 193February 18, 2023 12:49 AM

Did Whoopi fart on President Biden?

by Anonymousreply 194February 18, 2023 1:19 AM

What if people just saw the film and really thought it was formulaic? Are they " haters"?

by Anonymousreply 195February 18, 2023 6:20 AM

No. But if they endlessly and relentlessly drone on and on about their opinion, yes, they are haters, no matter how formulaic a lynching movie can be.

So hard for some to move on.

by Anonymousreply 196February 18, 2023 9:16 AM

[quote]No. But if they endlessly and relentlessly drone on and on about their opinion, yes, they are haters, no matter how formulaic a lynching movie can be. So hard for some to move on.

Agree. Please send your remarks to The View.

by Anonymousreply 197February 18, 2023 12:40 PM

I wish Nathan Lane and Sunny Hostin would move on. I'm tired of their ass-kissing Whoopie and hating on the movies and actors who were nominated.

by Anonymousreply 198February 18, 2023 12:55 PM

r197, I also post at The View's FB page.

by Anonymousreply 199February 18, 2023 5:31 PM

How frau, r199!

by Anonymousreply 200February 18, 2023 5:35 PM

I constantly have their badge, and I believe that I am the OP of many of The View datalounge threads.

by Anonymousreply 201February 18, 2023 5:38 PM

The cops kill white guys too. They froze one to death in Alabama, sticking him in a freezer. No news coverage of that. A millionaire Indian guy in Texas was wandering around outside his house - supposedly he'd heard an intruder - with an AR-15 which the Texas GOP encourages everybody to buy and he was shot and killed by cops. So Indians don't qualify for media coverage either. Only black people.

by Anonymousreply 202February 18, 2023 6:09 PM

[quote]So Indians don't qualify for media coverage either. Only black people.

No, just poor people.

by Anonymousreply 203February 18, 2023 6:12 PM

The problem with movies starring black actors is that the critics all come under pressure to praise the movie even if it's shit for fear of being labelled racists. The public knows this, so they avoid movies critics are only backing to save their asses on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 204February 18, 2023 6:17 PM

Are you a backdoor Till hater?

Let it go.

by Anonymousreply 205February 18, 2023 6:20 PM

Did you like the critically acclaimed flop, The Woman King?

A Whoopi free movie.

by Anonymousreply 206February 18, 2023 6:22 PM

Today they talked about the Murdaugh trial, and the history the family has of being linked to 'five mysterious murders' yet never gotten convicted.

Anna, of course, threw in that Latinos and Blacks go to jail forever for 'stealing a pack of cigarettes'.

Nicole Simpson and Ron Goldman turned in their graves when she said this.

by Anonymousreply 207February 25, 2023 1:09 AM

R207 I just knew someone would pick up on that today! I thought the same thing as I rolled my eyes and sighed...

by Anonymousreply 208February 25, 2023 2:06 AM

r208, I take it that you are neither Black or Latino.

by Anonymousreply 209February 25, 2023 2:28 AM

neither Black or Latino.

I OH, DEAR myself.

neither Black NOR Latino.

by Anonymousreply 210February 25, 2023 2:33 AM

Anna never heard of OJ Simpson nor Bill Cosby, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 211February 25, 2023 1:15 PM

Good to see Whoopi back. Nice to see here interaction with Sara about her contagion.

by Anonymousreply 212February 28, 2023 12:50 AM

Whoopi was missing today (Jury Duty) but the show went on without her, and the guest was comedienne / late night talk show host Samantha Bee. Sunny mentions Bee has her late night show for seven seasons, and now there are only two women who have late night shows. She asked Bee (as though she's in charge of late night programming) why there aren't more women with late night talk shows ?

Gee Sunny, you sit across from Whoopi every damn day. ASK HER why women hosted late-night talk shows fail - she had a notorious flop on late night (called "Whoopi") about thirty years ago. It was absolutely awful and didn't last too long. So she's the one you should be asking - "Whoopi, why did your late night show fail so miserably in the early 90s ?" I'm sure she'd love the question.

by Anonymousreply 213February 28, 2023 3:47 PM

Behar sides with MTG.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214February 28, 2023 6:41 PM

Behar totally wusses out at times, I think she held the same opinion when it happened to Sarah Sanders. The old bitch needs to get drummed into her skull that MTG is a traitor and deserved every bit of public scorn she gets.

by Anonymousreply 215February 28, 2023 10:22 PM

Behar just doesn't want anyone to approach her , as if anyone would.

by Anonymousreply 216February 28, 2023 10:54 PM

Why was Adam Lambert’s ears orange?

by Anonymousreply 217March 3, 2023 1:34 AM

Lambert got huge and he's aging ugly. Can't believe he's 40.

by Anonymousreply 218March 3, 2023 1:35 AM

First time I ever thought I'd like to fuck him.

He's aging well to me.

by Anonymousreply 219March 3, 2023 1:44 AM

Women take on " woke." Of course, Sunny and Whoopi make it racial.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220March 3, 2023 1:55 AM

I saw that yesterday. Maher made no connection between 'woke' and race, yet those two did...of course.

by Anonymousreply 221March 3, 2023 1:25 PM

Really. Like you have to connect race to Jim Crow Laws?

by Anonymousreply 222March 3, 2023 8:14 PM

Yesterday's episode was an instant classic.

The guest who was scheduled (Ron Klain) wasn't there, so they subbed him for Gail Simmons, one of the judges on the reality show 'Top Chef' which is celebrating 20 seasons. Since the upcoming season was filmed in London, she decided to present them with a 'delicious British lunch' of fish n' chips, and other foods (including a cake for dessert).

The panel (Joy, Sara, Anna, Sunny, Alyssa) all grunted that British food was horrible, to which Simmons (a Canadian) snapped back that it wasn't. Sunny piped up and said she lived in London for a while, and most of the food is horrible - though, maybe not all. What a way to start a lunch!

So the camera pans on the plates of fish-n-chips put in front of the hosts, and I believe it was Sara who chimed in with 'This looks so greasy' (and it did). Simmons then told them to douse their 'chips' with malted vinegar from a spray bottle, and they looked horrified (actually, this is how many people - including me - eat fries in New England). Sunny took a bit of the fried fish and looked like she was going to throw up - then she said, "It needs hot sauce" to which some of the others agreed.

Not one person at the table said how delicious the food was ! Joy looked like she was going to choke, and the others were moving it around with their forks. I think Sara had a few bites of the fries. Simmons looked quite defeated after trying to coax them into eating, and the cake was never served or mentioned. At the end, when Joy was closing the segment, she was staring into the camera and reading off the cue cards. Someone must've scribbled 'This was delicious' because she said it at the end in a very robotic way - you can tell she wasn't saying this on her own.

I doubt Simmons will be back.

by Anonymousreply 223March 4, 2023 5:17 PM

I dread visiting England, if only for the fact that I'll need to eventually eat something while there to remain alive. The baked goods are often good, and the brews are great, but the idea of existing on scones and ale seems wrong. The carbs alone would kill.

by Anonymousreply 224March 4, 2023 9:36 PM

The food looked cold and greasy, and she used a spray bottle for the vinegar. 🤢🤢🤮

by Anonymousreply 225March 4, 2023 9:59 PM

Her reaction when they asked her if she is also a Canadian citizen was odd.

by Anonymousreply 226March 5, 2023 2:16 AM

Well, you have to swear that you reject your past foreign citizenship. Canada does not recognize this, and she effectively has dual citizenship. That why the odd reaction.

by Anonymousreply 227March 5, 2023 2:18 AM

[quote]At the end, when Joy was closing the segment, she was staring into the camera and reading off the cue cards. Someone must've scribbled 'This was delicious' because she said it at the end in a very robotic way - you can tell she wasn't saying this on her own.

A producer was telling her in her earpiece to say it "was delicious"

by Anonymousreply 228March 5, 2023 2:22 AM

R228 I thought that, too - but then it looked like she was reading it off the teleprompter.

I'm willing to bet all that food went into the trash and each host spit it all out when the cameras weren't rolling. It looked disgusting, and by the look on each woman's face - no one wanted to touch it. One of the worst food segments in their 26 seasons.

by Anonymousreply 229March 5, 2023 2:47 AM

R227 She did give an odd look. So couldn't she just say she had 'dual citizenship' ? Why was she skirting the issue ? (I know you don't know her personally - I'm just trying to make sense of that whole segment! Haha!)

by Anonymousreply 230March 5, 2023 2:49 AM

Joy would have had fun with a spotted dick.

by Anonymousreply 231March 8, 2023 8:03 PM

I've realized when an election year is not happening, this show just limps along.

Yesterday, they talked about Tucker's take on the J6 footage, and then went into a brief mention of the girls in Iran poisoned from the food they've been served in school. They squeezed that into a minute or less of Hot Topics, when it should have had a longer discussion. But no - they had to cut to commercial and make way for a new segment called 'View and A' in which they give advice to viewer's inane personal questions. The show has now reached a level of ridiculousness.

by Anonymousreply 232March 8, 2023 9:20 PM

Day after the Oscars and, as expected...

Within the opening minutes Whoopi mentions 'Till' and 'The Woman King' - 2 movies which were ignored by the Oscar voters, but she reminded the audience that they are worth going to see.

Jump to Alyssa Farrah Griffin, and she applauds Brendan Fraser's win, and says 'The Whale' was one of the best movies of the year - OOOPS ! as well as "Till". (I guess the producers had to whisper that in her ear to placate Whoopi).

Sunny and Whoopi paid tribute to Angela Bassett and Viola Davis - the former who lost the Oscar to the white woman (JLC) and the latter who wasn't even nominated (though Sunny felt she should have won). Barely a mention of THE WINNER - their friend and frequent guest - JLC.

Later on they had a conversation about the Dems lack of support for VP Kamala Harris, and why the Dems don't see her as Presidential material. AFG pointed out the fact the she hasn't done much in her role as VP - nothing stands out (and she's right).

Sunny pulled the race card, of course.

by Anonymousreply 233March 13, 2023 4:01 PM

Niether Whoopi nor Sunny mentioned Angela Bassett not applauding or standing up for winner JLC. If it was the opposite way around, Sunny would've pursed her lips and refer to JLC as being racist for Bassett's win.

by Anonymousreply 234March 13, 2023 5:19 PM

r233, Kimmel mentioned both movies during his open last night.

Remember ABC=Disney=Kimmel.

Lots of nested ads during the Oscar's broadcast.

by Anonymousreply 235March 13, 2023 6:53 PM

Yes, Kimmel mentioned both - and Whoopi thanked him in the first 30 seconds ! My God, Whoopi - save it for the end of the conversation and give the winners their dues up front, not the losers. Geez. And AFG had to shove in that her favorite movie was 'The Whale' and of course, 'Till'. Would she have said that if 'Till' had not been Whoopi's 10 year project ?

by Anonymousreply 236March 13, 2023 7:15 PM

Your hate of a powerful Black woman's power, is pitiful.

by Anonymousreply 237March 13, 2023 10:48 PM

No comma needed.

by Anonymousreply 238March 14, 2023 12:24 AM

No, it is not needed, but it is there, and I chose it to be there. Enough commas for you, r238.

If you pause at some place, insert a comma to mark the pause.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239March 14, 2023 12:45 AM

Who's the black woman with power which you refer to, R 237 ?

by Anonymousreply 240March 14, 2023 1:07 AM

Viola Davis, Rose

by Anonymousreply 241March 14, 2023 1:12 AM

Viola holds no power.

by Anonymousreply 242March 14, 2023 1:17 AM

Rose?

by Anonymousreply 243March 14, 2023 2:23 AM

Rose doesn't hold power, either.

by Anonymousreply 244March 14, 2023 2:28 AM

[quote]If you pause at some place, insert a comma to mark the pause.

What, you can't type one sentence without a pause?

by Anonymousreply 245March 14, 2023 2:29 AM

Yes!

by Anonymousreply 246March 14, 2023 2:30 AM

It was only ten words, R 239. You're going to need to borrow some of that powerful Black woman's power to get through a paragraph.

by Anonymousreply 247March 14, 2023 2:32 AM

r245, pleasestopbeingsuchafakegrammarnazi.

by Anonymousreply 248March 14, 2023 2:32 AM

R247 - Funniest post in the thread.

by Anonymousreply 249March 14, 2023 2:44 AM

Okay.... whatever you wrote.

by Anonymousreply 250March 14, 2023 2:48 AM

Marjorie Taylor Greene Accuses The View Of Trying To Assassinate Her

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251March 14, 2023 7:10 PM

Hahaha. MTG is such a fucking snowflake about a nothingburger.

by Anonymousreply 252March 14, 2023 7:32 PM

r251, Wow, you mean that they do not like the suggestion of 2nd Amendment remedies used by the Pro Abortion?

by Anonymousreply 253March 14, 2023 9:39 PM

And yet she called for Nancy to be executed for treason.

by Anonymousreply 254March 14, 2023 9:44 PM

Everyone's non-favorite homosessual Billy Porter was a guest on the show today....again.

This time around he was there to promote the album he's dropping the end of the week, the first single off the album, and the tour he's embarking on soon to promote the album. Because, really - who doesn't want to see him in concert ?

He queened it up for the ladies, and they hung on every word he said as though he was the second coming of Jesus. Not sure why they all adore him so much.

Porter was followed by Daymond John - the African American shark on 'Shark Tank' and one of the show's exec producers.

Again, Sunny had the opportunity to ask him why there aren't more black sharks on the show - or Latinx sharks. He should have the answers, as he's an exec producer.

Better yet, Sunny had the opportunity to ask him why they never have any African American women as sharks on the show - ever. She complains about the disadvantages African American and Latinx people have in this world (especially in businesses) so isn't she curious as to why he's the only regular shark on the show who is a POC ?

Sunny, you disappoint me.

by Anonymousreply 255March 22, 2023 2:36 AM

Yesterday, Zach Braff (who has not aged well at 47 - I thought he was about 60) was a guest on the show plugging his new movie he directed ('Good People'). Once he sat down, he praised Whoopi Goldberg and said she should've gotten an Oscar for 'The Color Purple' - and really, it's not too late for the Academy to correct this and give her the Oscar for the movie that's nearly 40 years old. Whoopi means everything to him and his career.

Whoopi just smiled and squinted, enjoying all the attention she was getting. She didn't scowl and look dis-interested like she usually does when the topic of conversation doesn't include her.

I swear - these guests are told they must praise Whoopi as soon as the sit their ass down, if they want any promotion for the shit they're peddling on the show. It's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too obvious now.

by Anonymousreply 256March 23, 2023 4:21 PM

Anna Navarro was a guest on 'The Daily Show' last night, with first-time Latino host John Leguziamo kicking off his hosting dutied for the week. He did OK - some jokes were hits, some were misses. But having Navarro as a guest was a huge torpedo that sunk the second half of the show. She is simply NOT a good guest - she's as boring as Hell.

by Anonymousreply 257March 28, 2023 2:56 PM

She’s good on CNN. I’ll always love her for actually saying “grab her by the pussy” in 2016 not once but twice.

by Anonymousreply 258March 28, 2023 8:46 PM

Loved Sara and her slut shaming mugging.

by Anonymousreply 259March 30, 2023 1:59 AM

It appears that the ladies of the view have not put a foot wrong in months!

Starting to like Amy Farah Fowler.

Surprised she is an Arab Episcopal.

by Anonymousreply 260May 8, 2023 12:40 PM

Lucky, lucky viewers - Rita Moreno is a guest AGAIN today. I think she was on the show about six weeks ago and she's back already.

Maybe she realizes time is not on her side so she's booking talk shows before she croaks ?

by Anonymousreply 261May 16, 2023 3:33 PM

They could have her on once a week and I would enjoy it.

by Anonymousreply 262May 16, 2023 9:55 PM

R262 You need more sources for enjoyment. Moreno has been telling the same stories for 60 years.

by Anonymousreply 263May 16, 2023 9:59 PM

Classics can be told over and over again. I want her to talk about fucking Brando.

by Anonymousreply 264May 17, 2023 12:35 AM

She was on a few months ago pushing '80 for Brady'. Before that, she was on in December, celebrating her birthday. Now she's on today. That's three times in less than 6 months (not to mention the multiple times she was on last year, promoting 'West Side Story' remake movie).

They ask her the exact same questions over and over again. It's getting ridiculous now,

by Anonymousreply 265May 17, 2023 1:42 AM

Whoopi: Rita, we’re out of time. You’re just gonna have to come back.

So she keeps coming back.

by Anonymousreply 266May 17, 2023 1:08 PM

What did the blonde one say that was censored?

by Anonymousreply 267May 17, 2023 3:20 PM

Sigourney up next! I love that gal.

by Anonymousreply 268May 17, 2023 3:28 PM

They should just stick to topics like this. It makes them sound somewhat intelligent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269May 17, 2023 4:10 PM

R267 Was that during 'using the N-word' conversation ?

I'm surprised the hosts didn't say anything about the 'near catastrophic car chase' Harry and Meghan were involved in last night. It was breaking news right before they went on.

by Anonymousreply 270May 17, 2023 4:23 PM

I think the Laura In Graham firing was more important.

by Anonymousreply 271May 17, 2023 9:27 PM

Laura Ingraham was fired ??? I hadn't heard that today.

by Anonymousreply 272May 17, 2023 10:42 PM

It was all over Twitter and now poof.

by Anonymousreply 273May 17, 2023 10:58 PM

Probably because when you Google her name, FOX has said there is no truth to the 'internet rumors'. They say she has not been fired, and she a prominent part of their network.

by Anonymousreply 274May 17, 2023 11:01 PM

I read that she is no longer in primetime and that was the reason for the confusion.

No matter where she lands, she's a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 275May 18, 2023 2:23 AM

It's a DRUDGE report.

by Anonymousreply 276May 18, 2023 2:32 AM

Whoopi gave Sunny a lapdance today, as Sunny said she wasn't sure what they were.

It was so much fun to see Whoopi - the size of a baby hippo these days - gyrating in front of Sunny. No matter how many layers of clothes she wears, Whoopi can't hide the fact that she's as round as she is tall.

by Anonymousreply 277May 23, 2023 1:59 AM

Yes it was fun.

Will someone please tell Sunny what frottage is?

by Anonymousreply 278May 23, 2023 2:30 AM

The View was featured on Morning Joe.

Nice block Joe.

by Anonymousreply 279June 6, 2023 11:16 AM

Congratulations to the women of The View for giving credibility and free publicity to Tim Scott. His name is all over the news today. Way to go, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 280June 6, 2023 11:22 AM

What did Morning Joe have to say about 'The View' this morning ? I missed it. Any links ?

by Anonymousreply 281June 6, 2023 12:57 PM

He said they were professional.

by Anonymousreply 282June 6, 2023 1:25 PM

I have to say, I think Tim Scott came out ahead of Sunny and Whoopi. At what point does success and achievement in the Black community cease being 'the exception' ? I am not a republican, nor will I ever vote for Scott for anything (never mind President) but I'm sorry - Sunny just didn't prove the point she was trying to make. I think it he was correct in saying she sends out a dangerous and disgusting message to the Black community. So long as she continues to play the 'race card' , she will continue to send out a dangerous message.

by Anonymousreply 283June 6, 2023 3:12 PM

Fuck the Cunts that started the new Sunny/AFK thread. There is a reason we are up to part 26.

Sheesh

by Anonymousreply 284June 8, 2023 1:49 AM

^^^Part 27!

by Anonymousreply 285June 8, 2023 1:50 AM

I watched my DVR'd episode of The View and ABC News broke in on the West Coast with the Trump counts. What was more shocking was Dan Abrams. Does he have body dysmorphia AND dancing with Selma Glutide? He looks ghastly.

by Anonymousreply 286June 10, 2023 7:32 AM

R286 I caught Abrams on ABC yesterday afternoon, as well. He was once a handsome, sexy man when he hosted in Rachel's timeslot on MSNBC (13 - 15 years ago ?) . He looks like 'dead man walking' now. I don't know what's going on, but he's on my 'celebrity death pool' for 2023 now. He just turned 57 a few weeks ago and he looks twenty years older, poor guy.

by Anonymousreply 287June 10, 2023 2:38 PM

Alyssa’s pick for the Republican nomination Chris Sununu (who’s not running after all) embarassed himself on CNN last night defending Trump. He was lambasted by Margaret Hoover. Shame Alyssa wasn’t on as usual to defend him.

by Anonymousreply 288June 10, 2023 11:19 PM

I thought Sununu was okay during his appearance on The View but he was awful on Bill Maher. He’s definitely not going to be the savior of the Republican Party, if it’s even saveable.

by Anonymousreply 289June 11, 2023 1:32 AM

He's keeping his powder dry for 2028 when he has to run against Trump again.j

by Anonymousreply 290June 11, 2023 3:35 AM

Surprisingly, not a mention of THE TONY AWARDS this morning on 'The View'. As expected, they did talk about Trump's indictment from Thursday and Friday - which was understandable. But after they kicked off 'Hot Topics' with that, they should have gone into Tony coverage - and they didn't. They talked about something else, then brought out Eva Longoria (again).

by Anonymousreply 291June 13, 2023 1:24 AM

Disney does not own the Tony's. They will bring out the winners over time.

by Anonymousreply 292June 13, 2023 1:28 AM

Disney doesn't own the Oscars, GGs, Emmys or Grammys either - yet they always talk about the event, the winners and the fashions the next day in Hot Topics.

by Anonymousreply 293June 13, 2023 1:31 AM

Uhhh, R293, Disney DOES own the Oscars-it airs on ABC.

by Anonymousreply 294June 13, 2023 10:16 AM

And the reason Kimmel hosts so often.

by Anonymousreply 295June 13, 2023 11:40 AM

DISNEY doesn't "OWN" the Oscars - they are in a business partnership with them to broadcast the Oscar ceremony each year on ABC.

CBS doesn't "OWN" the Grammys or the Tonys - they are in a business partnership with them to broadcast the ceremonies on their network each year.

As for the Emmys, all four networks rotate on who will host each year (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX) - none of the networks OWN the Emmys, either.

Same thing with sports events, such as the NFL Superbowl and the NFL season. No network 'owns' them - they have a business deal to broadcast the events or the season.

by Anonymousreply 296June 13, 2023 2:26 PM

But The View is motivated to promote the Academy Awards because it is on ABC.

by Anonymousreply 297June 14, 2023 5:33 AM

R297 Yes, and because it's still 'a big deal' in pop culture (though ratings are falling) and they would look like idiots if they didn't cover it. And if they want any of the Oscar winners on their show in the future, they have to gush all over them when they win the Award.

They also cover the 'Golden Globes', 'The Grammys' and 'The Emmys' - again, same reasons why they cover the Oscars. They used to cover The Tonys every year - especially because they have so many Tony winners on their show, and they are always promoting Broadway shows. I believe everyone of the major winners has appeared on the show this past Broadway season, and Whoopi and the cohosts gushed over each one. Sara even said the obligatory "I'm hearing Tony nominations" even when critics panned a performance.

by Anonymousreply 298June 14, 2023 12:34 PM

The Tony's are more or less a NYC event.

by Anonymousreply 299June 14, 2023 12:38 PM

The Tonys are a gay event. No one else cares, except little girls who dream of being the new Elphaba.

by Anonymousreply 300June 14, 2023 3:40 PM

Whoopi always cared about Broadway and the Tonys. She got her big break with Mike Nichols who put her show on Broadway in the early 80s, and has returned to Broadway as an actor and producer many times.

Whenever a Broadway actor is a guest on the show, she always says Broadway has a special place in her heart because that's how she got her big start. And if the Broadway actor who's a guest is Black, they tell her that she inspired them and give her the obligatory praise and ass kissing.

So again, shocked that they have not mentioned The Tonys at all this week - especially because it was the BEST Awards show in 50 years.

by Anonymousreply 301June 14, 2023 4:38 PM

I hope today is a Whoopi Free Friday and that they didn't pull a double like last Th/Fr.

by Anonymousreply 302June 16, 2023 12:54 PM

I think Fridays in the summer are pre-recorded from Wednesday afternoon. They may do a 'special episode' today on Juneteenth, or something - recorded last week.

In two weeks, it's July 4th week - I believe they're on vacation that week. Then they come back for three more weeks, and take the month of August off - so they only have a few weeks left of the season.

What stinks is they will be on vacation when AG Fani Willis does what she has to do with Trump in GA. She cleared the courts for the first two weeks of August - so 'The View' will be on vacation. Damn !

by Anonymousreply 303June 16, 2023 1:03 PM

R296, admit you’ve lost this argument. Disney DOES OWN the Oscars. Why else would a total unknown named Ariana DeBose be chosen to host the Oscars pre-show back in 2021? Because the film she’d be featured in nine months later, West Side Story was a Fox (and therefore Disney) release.

by Anonymousreply 304June 16, 2023 7:03 PM

R304, you keep talking like a Republican in half truths. ABC produces the Oscar broadcast. ABC does not own AMPAS.

by Anonymousreply 305June 16, 2023 8:47 PM

R305 Thank You for this. I've given up on trying to explain this to him.

by Anonymousreply 306June 16, 2023 11:03 PM

It’s all semantics. The fact is Disney/ABC has a close working relationship with AMPAS. Shut up, already. You know nothing about corporate synergy.

By the way I’m s hardcore Dem who wants Trump to choke on his own vomit in prison.

by Anonymousreply 307June 16, 2023 11:10 PM

I like the rawness and freshness of the show without writers. Whoopi has to work.

by Anonymousreply 308June 20, 2023 9:33 AM

[quote]It’s all semantics. The fact is Disney/ABC has a close working relationship with AMPAS. Shut up, already. You know nothing about corporate synergy.

The FACT is you had it all wrong until I explained it to you. YOU insisted Disney owned 'The Oscars'. Now you want to change 'the facts' . Grow a pair and admit you were wrong, dingleberry.

by Anonymousreply 309June 20, 2023 1:43 PM

r309, pitiful, just pitiful.

by Anonymousreply 310June 20, 2023 5:35 PM

Aly was all anti Trump today. She brought up no race issues and it was nice to see Sunny be collegial to her today.

Both shared their Views today.

by Anonymousreply 311June 20, 2023 8:29 PM

You can tell Sunny was begrudgingly 'cordial' to her and it was killing her. She still won't look her in the eye when AFG is talking and she's very cool toward her. You can cut the friction with a knife.

by Anonymousreply 312June 20, 2023 9:45 PM

Have the Klan Grannies finally found this thread?

Sunny appeared calm and quite agreeable. Go back and watch the actual interaction with Sunny, appreciating Aly working for TFG. Sunny is a professional. Aly is a professional. Take your racist cunts elsewhere.

But Sunny has TOO much ear jewelry.

by Anonymousreply 313June 20, 2023 10:17 PM

Calm and quite agreeable = begrudgingly cordial.

Sunny appreciating AFG working for the Feds = begrudgingly cordial.

Sunny is passive / aggressive. She won't look AFG in the eye when AFG is speaking to the panel, or Sunny is talking to AFG. AFG is professional, and knows how to handle Sunny.

Sunny was much more friendly, interested and engaging to Chris Paul, the guest. I wonder why ? Hmmmm.

by Anonymousreply 314June 21, 2023 2:13 AM

I appreciate your begrudgingly cordial response, r314.

by Anonymousreply 315June 21, 2023 4:49 AM

Dermot Mulroney is showing his support for the writers on strike — in somewhat dramatic fashion.

Mulroney walked off “The View” during a segment that is scheduled to air on Friday, a source tells Variety, explaining to the hosts that he was going to “symbolically walk off in support of the writers” as he left the stage toward the end of his interview.

Before leaving the stage, the actor asked the hosts if they were getting ready to go to commercial break and then thanked them before walking off mid-segment, according to an individual who was on-set, who adds that Mulroney’s interview was friendly and went smoothly, covering topics of his Disney+ series “Secret Invasion,” his past roles, his career, family and work ethic and longevity in Hollywood. When Mulroney left the stage, Variety is told the hosts remained professional and Joy Behar plugged his Disney+ series as she tossed to break.

After his walk-off gesture, Mulroney returned to the stage for photos with “The View” hosts during commercial break.

Even though Mulroney’s segment was pre-taped, his segment is planned to air exactly as it happened, Variety hears, and the moment with him leaving the stage is not expected to be edited out. (In the summer months, “The View” airs live four days per week, but Friday shows are pre-taped.)

Variety has reached out to ABC for comment.

In a statement to Variety, Mulroney says, “Since I have such respect for ‘The View,’ a news program with a heart, it was there that I felt comfortable enough to draw attention to the ongoing WGA strike for fair wages and working hours, as I find it incredibly important to continue to support the union.”

Mulroney was on “The View” to promote his Disney+ show, Marvel’s “Secret Invasion,” which premiered on Wednesday. (Disney owns Marvel and ABC, which airs “The View.”)

The WGA strike has now spanned over 50 days with no resolution. Earlier this week, hundreds of Hollywood union members gathered for a rally in Los Angeles to stand in solidarity with striking writers.

Many daytime shows have been affected by the writers strike and put on hiatus, but “The View” has continued to stay on the air throughout the strike, as the majority of its staffers are not union members. A couple of the show’s writers are impacted and not currently working on the show, but “The View” is primarily unscripted — as regularly evidenced by the hosts’ banter and hiccups.

by Anonymousreply 316June 23, 2023 8:19 AM

That's why I delete all the Friday recordings from my DVR once May sweeps ends right before Memorial Day. I knew that they all take Fridays off and the show is pre-recorded from Wednesday afternoon. Therefore, they talk about 'filler' subjects Hot Topics (such as surveys) and not the headlines of what's going on.

by Anonymousreply 317June 23, 2023 3:02 PM

Today's "filler" was still pretty topical, marking one year since the overturning of Roe and discussing the consequences of that decision on women and our current politics. The Dermot Mulroney segment was fine. He was very respectful to the hosts.

by Anonymousreply 318June 23, 2023 3:52 PM

The Dermot Mulroney segment is much ado about nothing. And since it's been covered the past few days, it's nothing shocking.

by Anonymousreply 319June 23, 2023 4:01 PM

It will be fun hearing Whoopi and Joy mangle the pronunciation of Progozhin’s name.

by Anonymousreply 320June 25, 2023 6:14 PM

Sorry…PRIGOZHIN.

by Anonymousreply 321June 25, 2023 6:18 PM

If you watched the Mulroney episode there was nothing dramatic at all. He asked if the interview was ending, and then said "as we planned, I will leave now in support of the writer's strike" but told the ladies how great they are and what a nice time he had on the show. He didn't exactly "walk off the set" in the way the tabloids wanted us to believe - it was expected and well-done.

The tabloids tried to blow this up - and there was nothing there.

by Anonymousreply 322June 25, 2023 6:25 PM

And anyway, who gives a fuck about Dermot Mulroney? He was plugging a supporting role on a streaming service miniseries.

by Anonymousreply 323June 25, 2023 6:35 PM

R323 Yes, but the program is on Disney+ which owns ABC. So they had to do that ridiculous interview. It was a time filler.

I have noticed over the past few weeks, they had celebrities scheduled (Matthew Broderick and Wanda Sykes this past week) who never made it on the show. I have a feeling these spots were reserved for them months ago - but now they're not showing up. Is it because of the strike ?

by Anonymousreply 324June 25, 2023 10:20 PM

The biggest news this past 72 hours is the turmoil in Russia with Putin vs Wagner. Every show is talking about it. Except this one. Not a mention in their Hot Topics (and before anyone says 'it's not a news show', it is run under the ABC News division. Not a mention of how Russia is dealing with this insurgence.

But they did devote most of their HT time to Hunter Biden attending a dinner while Merrick Garland was there on Saturday night.

And for a show which completely ignored the Tonys and the winners on June 5, they've been prmoting a lot of Broadway shows this past six days.

by Anonymousreply 325June 26, 2023 5:21 PM

Most likely they didn’t discuss Wagner because they didn’t feel their discussion would be interesting. They have a pre-show meeting every morning to hash out the topics and determine which ones will be most entertaining for the audience. We still know so little about what really happened in Russia and the sentiment about it is pretty unanimous (it’s bad for Putin) that I’m guessing they didn’t feel a segment on it would add much.

by Anonymousreply 326June 26, 2023 7:23 PM

R326 I thought for sure they would have rolled out John Karl to explain it all. They love promoting him for these storylines. But then, Sarah would chime in with her nonsense and the conversation would come to a dead halt.

Please ABC, send her back to GMA. She's so out of her league here.

by Anonymousreply 327June 27, 2023 3:08 PM

Still no mention of Russia. They’ll do a segment on Ryan Seacrest hosting Wheel of Fortune before talking about Russia.

by Anonymousreply 328June 28, 2023 4:15 AM

As of yesterday, THE VIEW has gone on summer vacation and will return on July 10 to finish off the remaining 4 weeks of this rather uneventful season. Then they take off on August 7, and start the new television season (season 27) after Labor Day. Wonder whether Sara, Sunny or AFG decide to throw in the towel by then ?

by Anonymousreply 329July 1, 2023 6:01 PM

...or something about race.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330July 1, 2023 8:49 PM

I hope AFG stays. I've liked her from day 1. She is the first conservative panelist I have ever had respect for. She knows her shit. I see a great future for her in whatever she chooses to do. The View is a good jumping off point for her to branch out into whatever field she chooses. She is the best addition to the show in a very long time.

Sunny and Sarah can leave any time. They are easily replaceable.

by Anonymousreply 331July 1, 2023 8:50 PM

I have to admit, I didn't like AFG from day one (nor when she was trying out for the job in Season 25). The first few months, I thought she was in over her head. But slowly, she grew on me...slowly and steadily, she plucked away at Sunny's peacock plume of feathers which impressed me (and I'm sure other viewers) and humiliated Sunny. And the final blow she had with Sunny a couple of weeks ago was her master-move, which let Sunny know (under no uncertain terms) AFG has her number.

The only thing I wish she would do is slow down when she's talking - she talks too fast during HT and she has interesting points to make. I'm not sure why she does this - at first, I thought it was being nervous in front of the cameras. But then I watched her a number of times on CNN and she was fine - spoke at a normal speed which was much slower than how she talks on The View.

by Anonymousreply 332July 2, 2023 1:38 AM

Are they in repeats until September?

by Anonymousreply 333July 5, 2023 2:46 PM

No, they’re back next week. They’ll take August off, though.

by Anonymousreply 334July 6, 2023 3:36 AM

I like how they pick important reruns, but I can't wait till Monday.

by Anonymousreply 335July 7, 2023 4:46 AM

Will this be the end of AFG's FIRST year on The View?

by Anonymousreply 336July 7, 2023 4:47 AM

R336, she's fabulous!

by Anonymousreply 337July 7, 2023 7:10 AM

And we return to Joyless Mondays.

Whoopi free Fridays are my fave.

by Anonymousreply 338July 8, 2023 12:25 PM

I prefer Sunny-free years.

by Anonymousreply 339July 8, 2023 4:10 PM

Is Whoopi going out on strike with SAG/AFTRA??

Is Trump?

by Anonymousreply 340July 14, 2023 11:44 AM

Why would Trump support any union?

by Anonymousreply 341July 14, 2023 12:01 PM

R340, good question.

by Anonymousreply 342July 14, 2023 12:04 PM

r341, You are the problem with America.

When people say that Trump was a game show host, they are correct. For all of The Apprentice crap, Trump was an actor working on a SAG retirement contract. He paid himself so much that his SAG/AFTRA retirement is about $400K a year.

Time for him to take a withdrawal.

by Anonymousreply 343July 14, 2023 1:04 PM

WTF, R343? What are you smoking? My response was to the question if Trump was going to strike with the actor's union. I asked why would he cooperate with any union ( even if he is a member), since they are his sworn enemies and we all know how fond of his enemies he is. How is that a problem with America? No, the problem with America would be the people who immediately jump to conclusions and are eagerly waiting to attack anything that they can't immediately comprehend.

by Anonymousreply 344July 14, 2023 1:14 PM

Dear Asshole @344. You posted, Why would Trump support any union, and then included in your reply EVEN IF HE IS A MEMBER.

Your post seemed to be oblivious to the fact that Trump was a union member receiving a union pension without your correction.

You remain an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 345July 14, 2023 1:21 PM

R344 is a troll and should be F&F’d accordingly.

by Anonymousreply 346July 14, 2023 3:38 PM

R345 and 346 must be striking. My apologies for your misinterpreting my remarks. It must be a difficult time for you, so thoughts and prayers.

by Anonymousreply 347July 14, 2023 3:50 PM

Is there anyone who believes that Trump thinks laws or agreements or contracts apply to him if he doesn't want to follow them? But, back to Whoopi.

by Anonymousreply 348July 14, 2023 3:53 PM

Whoopi free Friday has been pre-recorded.

I wonder if Monday has been pre-recorded also?

by Anonymousreply 349July 14, 2023 5:15 PM

Is Whoopi going on strike? Aren't all TV presenters covered by AFTRA?

by Anonymousreply 350July 16, 2023 7:55 AM

Wondering this as well R350. I would think, yes. This could cause issues with the show, but it would be nice for them to receive some additional down-time time. While it's not a physically challenging job, the mental side of it has to be wearing.

by Anonymousreply 351July 16, 2023 8:23 AM

No, The View isn’t on the same contract as the one with the AMPTP. Same goes for newscasters and daytime soap actors

by Anonymousreply 352July 16, 2023 2:44 PM

So Whoopi is not obligated to strike.

Not a good look for an ABC Oscar winner.

by Anonymousreply 353July 16, 2023 3:56 PM

What's not a good look? Her work on The View isn't covered by the contract being negotiated. She can still opt to strike in solidarity if she wants. I'm guessing she won't, though, because she won't want to be out of work indefinitely and she can actually use the show to speak publicly on behalf of the actors.

by Anonymousreply 354July 16, 2023 4:33 PM

Ok, then she can not take any of those side gigs she famous for.

by Anonymousreply 355July 16, 2023 5:48 PM

Whoopi pronounced Wimbledon as “Wimbleton.” Stupid, ignorant bitch.

by Anonymousreply 356July 18, 2023 4:10 AM

Whoopi is neither stupid nor ignorant, you useless cunt.

by Anonymousreply 357July 18, 2023 4:31 AM

[quote]Whoopi pronounced Wimbledon as “Wimbleton.” Stupid, ignorant bitch.

[quote]It is believed that the way many British people pronounce "Wimbledon" as "Wimbleton" is due to a regional accent known as "Estuary English." This accent is commonly spoken in the southeast of England, including London, and is characterized by the blending of certain vowel sounds. In this case, the "i" in "Wimbledon" is pronounced more like the "i" in "Wimbleton." Additionally, the "d" in "Wimbledon" is often dropped, leading to the pronunciation "Wimbleton." It's a common phenomenon in the English language, where the way words are pronounced may vary depending on the region or accent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358July 19, 2023 1:22 PM

Well, Whoopi don’t speak no “Estuary English,” she’s just an ignorant dumbass. I bet she even mangles the pronunciation of “Leicester Square.”

by Anonymousreply 359July 20, 2023 2:12 AM

7-21-2023 Whoopi free Friday was prerecorded, but it was an exceptional show.

Joy really knows how to moderate this show. Ana was brilliant. Sunny wasn't shrill. Amy Farah Fowler is growing on me and as usual, I wish that Sara chipped in more.

by Anonymousreply 360July 21, 2023 6:02 PM

From the View FB page:

“It’s with great sadness that we share the news of the passing of ‘The View’ co-creator and one of television’s most well-respected producers, Bill Geddie. He was a pioneer in television and greatly beloved by ‘The View’ family, creating the show with Barbara Walters and serving as its executive producer for 17 years. ‘The View’ wouldn’t exist without Bill Geddie. “He was a big deal in TV, but at home he was an even ‘bigger than life’ husband and dad,” his family said in a statement. Our love goes out to his wife Barbara and their two daughters, Allison and Lauren.”

by Anonymousreply 361July 21, 2023 6:21 PM

Good, the fucker is dead.

He is the one who threw gasoline on Rosie to get her fired.

He is the one who thought that cat fights were ratings builders.

Except for Babs, he never saw that what the women had to say was important.

by Anonymousreply 362July 21, 2023 6:30 PM

At least Joy won’t have to be there on Monday when they have to pretend to care.

by Anonymousreply 363July 21, 2023 7:27 PM

Aside from Joy, are they ALL post Geddie at the table?

by Anonymousreply 364July 21, 2023 9:15 PM

After watching yesterday’s show, I thought there might be posts here about AFG saying she will not vote for Biden and might instead write in another candidate like Will Hurd or Tim Scott or Nikki Hailey. (She said she would vote for Biden if it was between him and Trump and hers was the deciding vote.) The other women seemed surprised to hear her say this but didn’t give her a lot of grief over it, though obviously disagreed with her decision.

My only concern was when she mentioned Scott and Hailey as two possibly worthy alternatives. Really? Both are Trump ass kissers who I bet would still jump at the chance to be his VP pick, so that in my estimation makes both almost as unqualified as Dump is himself, so why suggest they’d have your support?

by Anonymousreply 365July 22, 2023 3:34 PM

And Scott was about to be outed by DeeSantis.

by Anonymousreply 366July 22, 2023 7:30 PM

Is Whoopi on a new med?

Seems odd today.

by Anonymousreply 367July 31, 2023 5:11 PM

Didn't realize that there were so many men in the audience.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368August 1, 2023 12:22 AM

You mean gay men flock to watch fag hags coffee klatch on live TV?

This is Julianne Moore level... SERIOUSLY?

by Anonymousreply 369August 1, 2023 1:57 AM

Gay or straight, there are men in the audience.

by Anonymousreply 370August 1, 2023 2:12 AM

Mostly gay from what my gaydar is telling me...

by Anonymousreply 371August 1, 2023 5:27 AM

I was wondering who they would book now that everyone is on strike. Magicians!! It's a good thing they're going on hiatus soon.

by Anonymousreply 372August 1, 2023 5:52 AM

He's at the Judson Theater in NYC; you can go see him, R372. At least he was entertaining and not another in the series of " celebrities" trying to hawk a book or tell their sob story of how they overcame the odds to be successful...or talk about Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373August 1, 2023 12:00 PM

R373. fucking Trump. They lead with him every damn day. It's always the same formula now: Trump. Reddit. VYD.

by Anonymousreply 374August 1, 2023 11:14 PM

[quote]They lead with him every damn day.

Gee, r374, I wonder why.

by Anonymousreply 375August 1, 2023 11:18 PM

Whoopi better not pull that cutesy “you-know-who” crap and fucking NAME HIM on tomorrow’s show.

by Anonymousreply 376August 2, 2023 3:48 AM

R375, if the guy changes his underwear the give him the entire first segment.

R376 that pisses me off to no end. She's part of ABC News FFS.

by Anonymousreply 377August 2, 2023 4:02 AM

Yes, Whoopi, just say it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378August 2, 2023 12:05 PM

At least “you know who” is succinct unlike Sunny’s “twice impeached, indicted, disgraced, defeated, former president” schtick which takes up half of each segment just to say.

by Anonymousreply 379August 2, 2023 3:11 PM

But, that way, Sunny gets more airtime. Isn't that what it's all about?

by Anonymousreply 380August 2, 2023 4:11 PM

Today someone just called him a rapist. She can default to that.

by Anonymousreply 381August 2, 2023 6:26 PM

And without notice HIATUS.

by Anonymousreply 382August 8, 2023 1:01 AM

On Friday's pre-tape when Joy had them sign off in unison with 'Take a little time to enjoy the view," I figured they were off until after Labor Day.

I've noticed they never give the audience a heads-up when they're going on vacation. I wonder if the network feels it will cause a huge drop-off in viewings.

by Anonymousreply 383August 8, 2023 2:46 AM

Be advised:

This thread Season 26 will be mothballed when a Season 27 thread opens after hiatus.

Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 384August 10, 2023 8:56 PM

This thread has been mothballed.

Please move to The View Part 28, Season 27

Thank you!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385August 19, 2023 5:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!