Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Adele Set Fire To The Rain in Vegas

But that's about it.

Her vocals seemed thin and somewhat screechy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32November 28, 2022 4:06 AM

Wow. Her voice is shot.

by Anonymousreply 1November 24, 2022 7:51 AM

I can’t believe this generation has put her in the same class as Celine and Mariah and Whitney.

She doesn’t come close. Even Mariah today on a bad day is more entertaining than this.

by Anonymousreply 2November 24, 2022 8:00 AM

Her voice is shot? How sheltered are you? Have you eve been to a concert and tired to record the artist? Everyone sounds like shit when caught by an iPhone and compressed to fit onto Youtube.

by Anonymousreply 3November 24, 2022 8:08 AM

[Quote]Everyone sounds like shit when caught by an iPhone

It was obviously an Android phone, R3.

by Anonymousreply 4November 24, 2022 8:12 AM

She sounds tired and hongray. Hopefully she hit the Bacchanal Buffet after the show.

by Anonymousreply 5November 24, 2022 8:15 AM

precisely why I don't attend concerts. the audience is singing over the performer, it's annoying and you are wasting my money.

I don't pay to hear you shriek and scream, I paid to hear a performance from the artist. people ruin all sorts of experiences by pretending everything is all about them all the time.

by Anonymousreply 6November 24, 2022 8:21 AM

I liked her when I saw her at the Hollywood Bowl. But I'm no expert on how female vocalists compare.

by Anonymousreply 7November 24, 2022 8:26 AM

How literally literal.

by Anonymousreply 8November 24, 2022 8:50 AM

I liked her better when she didn't look like a Kate Winslet knock-off.

Everything that was remotely unique and special about her has been erased.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9November 24, 2022 8:51 AM

She's no Janet Jackson!

by Anonymousreply 10November 24, 2022 10:21 AM

I blame the weight loss.

by Anonymousreply 11November 24, 2022 10:24 AM

Very David Belasco

by Anonymousreply 12November 24, 2022 10:44 AM

She’s fine and she sends her love

by Anonymousreply 13November 24, 2022 1:07 PM

She’s better recorded than live. Her producer is able to bring out more emotion for her voice than she can do when live

by Anonymousreply 14November 24, 2022 1:08 PM

Is she still getting BBC?

by Anonymousreply 15November 24, 2022 5:51 PM

Nah, I need to see a show. Not somebody standing in the middle of the stage and not moving. Waste of money.

by Anonymousreply 16November 24, 2022 5:59 PM

Performers who actually dance and move are increasingly rare in western music. That might be a big reason why K-Pop performers are so popular in the West. You won't see western performers doing this, unless they are walking with a chorus of dancers doing the choreography.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17November 24, 2022 6:53 PM

The audience sing along is what's saving that performance cause she ain't hitting those high notes in the chorus here.

Never thought I'd see a case for pro lip syncing, but this is one

by Anonymousreply 18November 24, 2022 7:18 PM

Those tickets are expensive and hard to come by for a plebian.

If I managed to secure tickets for this event, I am not paying these prices to listen to your drunken special needs self.

by Anonymousreply 19November 24, 2022 7:25 PM

voice shot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20November 27, 2022 5:00 PM

She really does not sound good.

Online gossip is that she is absolutely miserable doing her Vegas residency and is performing with a gun to her head.

by Anonymousreply 21November 27, 2022 5:05 PM

r20 Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. And after how many nights? This will end in so many tears. I don't mind making fun of her turning miserable after having lost the fat, but I find no pleasure in seeing a singer gradually lose their voice. On the other hand, she has no one but herself to blame; it's pure greed that made her sign up for this.

by Anonymousreply 22November 27, 2022 5:08 PM

[quote]Even Mariah today on a bad day is more entertaining than this.

Mariah is entertaining because she's an over-the-top, drunken, bloated trainwreck. It has nothing to do with her voice... she lipsyncs 100% of the time.

by Anonymousreply 23November 27, 2022 5:14 PM

Adele's vocal technique is the most dangerous because from her point of view it sounds healthy so she will probably never bother to unlearn something that made her rich and famous. If she were however truly concerned about saving her voice and learning a healthy technique, a good vocal coach would tell her that she is basically only using about 30% of what she could do with her voice. But it's too late now. She should have learned a healthier way of singing during the long break. This should have been her comeback. A great realiable voice but now we have this.

by Anonymousreply 24November 27, 2022 5:14 PM

R17 that was amazing. I've never seen anything like it in the west.

Oh wait.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 27, 2022 5:16 PM

She and taylor should collab

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 27, 2022 5:20 PM

She's going to gain back ALL of that weight. There's no way she's not resorting to binge eating and drinking in Vegas when she feels miserable, which is apparently all of the time.

by Anonymousreply 27November 27, 2022 5:30 PM

r24 all that is well and fine, but why would she agree to do this if she hates it so much? Its not like she needed the money!

by Anonymousreply 28November 27, 2022 5:41 PM

GREED. Filthy rich people can never have enough money. So they sometimes do the stuff they hate because they visualise that enormous new villa or a fourth holiday home at the end of the tunnel.

by Anonymousreply 29November 27, 2022 5:45 PM

More like cat scratch fever….

by Anonymousreply 30November 27, 2022 6:00 PM

Do we still care about Adele?

She had a nice run. Right time, right place.

But fun, self-deprecating Adele is long gone.

by Anonymousreply 31November 27, 2022 7:30 PM

I actually liked some of her newer songs for the first time in years ("Love is a Game" especially), and she is funny to me in interviews. But she is a typical chav trainwreck. Loves booze and always hung up on some black dick (I get it girl). She uses too much of her throat and not enough diaphragm when singing, it's how she gets that rasp but will lead to a thinner and hoarser voice and she will lose some of her belting range. If she even makes it all the way through this residency, the break after will be looong.

by Anonymousreply 32November 28, 2022 4:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!