Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Catholic "intellectuals" want to ban abortion and gay rights

They want to replace democracy with a Catholic theocracy. They already control the Supreme Court. And in spite of all this, the Log Cabinettes still support the Republican party.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54May 17, 2023 2:52 AM

Why is Catholicism so awful. The majority of American Catholics tend to actually be liberal, not go to church, and not follow any of the Catholic rules. This is a religion that is dying.

by Anonymousreply 1November 24, 2022 6:14 AM

r1 The Catholic church and the Republican party know they are dying, that is why they are desperately lashing out, trying to hold on to power that is slipping away.

by Anonymousreply 2November 24, 2022 6:22 AM

Homosexuality predates Christianity, and homosexuality will be here long after Catholicism is reduced to museums.

by Anonymousreply 3November 24, 2022 6:27 AM

Don't forget Andrew Sullivan and the Log Cabinettes saddled us with gay marriage as well. Haha. Fuck those clowns.

by Anonymousreply 4November 24, 2022 6:29 AM

And Catholic school boys and girls are some of the naughtiest ever. Sex, doing drugs in the bathroom, the short skirts. Catholic school girls (and guys) don't have a reputation for nothing.

by Anonymousreply 5November 24, 2022 6:30 AM

I'd rather ban tax exemption status for religious groups.

by Anonymousreply 6November 24, 2022 6:34 AM

There is no such thing as a Catholic intellectual.

by Anonymousreply 7November 24, 2022 6:41 AM

I come from a Catholic country and I believe that the great majority of Catholic priests are homosexuals. Not to mention the horrendous tradition of pedophilia and pederasty. You can only imagine how many men have been abused by priests. When I see disgusting homophobic comments on web portals I wonder how many of these homophobes had been touched by priest.

by Anonymousreply 8November 24, 2022 7:01 AM

R6 Tax exemption for churches won't ever happen because colonizing other places so frequently begins through missionary presence. Religion's always been a tool for the US government not only to control people domestically but abroad.

by Anonymousreply 9November 24, 2022 7:04 AM

I didn't mean that the abuse excuses their homophobia, cause they are faithful to church and are sending their children in the jaws of the priests. Yet they hate when grown men have consensual sexual relationship. Hypocrite nasty idiots.

by Anonymousreply 10November 24, 2022 7:05 AM

R1 Agreed. Is OP talking about Catholics or Christians?

The biggest Catholic population is in Massachusetts and it’s the most liberal state in the country.

I imagine outside of Boston, NYC, Philly, and Chicago the rest of the Catholics are Latinos in the South and West.

Most of the US are not Catholics because it’s not a capitalist religion.

You can’t make any money being a Catholic. Priests live their lives broke until they retire. Baptists and Evangelists and shit is where the money is.

by Anonymousreply 11November 24, 2022 7:21 AM

Catholics aren’t big Bible thumpers in the US.

They don’t have any power with the Republican Party. They vote Republican but because the Latino population makes up a huge number, the Latinos vote Democrat.

Latinos and Blacks are less likely to vote for parties based on moral values and more for on economical reasons whereas white people vote for more gimmicky shit like abortion and gun rights. Blacks and Latinos are super religious and conservative but vote for the Democratic Party.

by Anonymousreply 12November 24, 2022 7:33 AM

How come you didn’t capitalize white?^

by Anonymousreply 13November 24, 2022 7:40 AM

This will end in tears. Today’s youth won’t even work a full day, never mind sit in a church for a sermon!

by Anonymousreply 14November 24, 2022 7:44 AM

R12 Blacks vote for Democrats because Republicans are perceived as racists and Democrats are pro black. Otherwise the majority of black voters are extremely homophobic and anti abortion, wasn’t it the black community who had called Roe vs Wade ruling and legalization of abortion in general The black genocide.

As for Latinos, they are mostly conservative too and many of them vote Republicans, cause Democrats don’t give a shit about that minority.

by Anonymousreply 15November 24, 2022 7:48 AM

Most Latinos vote Democrat, and support gay rights. Whites and Latinos support gay rights the most. Blacks and Republicans are about even in their supporting for gay rights.

by Anonymousreply 16November 24, 2022 7:56 AM

R16 How the fuck do whites support gay rights the most when the majority voters of the Republican Party are white??

You’re making zero sense. Especially seeing as majority black people vote Democrat which includes gay rights.

by Anonymousreply 17November 24, 2022 8:36 AM

R16 There are not enough white Democrats. They need black and Latino voters to vote Democrat in order to win anything. You’re pretty off.

by Anonymousreply 18November 24, 2022 8:37 AM

R15 “The black community” is 40 million in the US. We’re not all monolithic, we don’t have a group chat or one Twitter leader who makes statements for the community.

Kanye West said that statement. Is he the leader of black people now you Klan Klown?

by Anonymousreply 19November 24, 2022 8:39 AM

They don’t support Democrats for gay rights, it is the necessary evil for them. They vote Democrats for their own economic interest. It is the liberal white Dem voters who support gay rights.

by Anonymousreply 20November 24, 2022 8:41 AM

R19 Blacks are not monolithic for sure, but it is well known that the large majority is conservative and homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 21November 24, 2022 8:44 AM

Blacks are 3% off from Hispanic and 4% off from white people in supporting gay marriage. Hardly drastic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22November 24, 2022 8:46 AM

[quote] Pro-Trump intellectuals

Oxymoron time

by Anonymousreply 23November 24, 2022 8:47 AM

R20 White liberals are a minority, that’s why they need the black vote for the Democratic Party.

Which means Republicans, who are majority white, vote for the anti-gay party.

by Anonymousreply 24November 24, 2022 8:49 AM

R21 conservative and homophobic compared to who? White people?

What’s crazy is how white people distinguish themselves from white Republicans.

You can’t say “black and Republicans” are anti-gay and say white and Latinos are more pro-gay when majority of Republicans are white.

by Anonymousreply 25November 24, 2022 8:53 AM

It’s white people who are turning the US into a third world religious country, not blacks or latinos.

by Anonymousreply 26November 24, 2022 9:00 AM

The liberal media needs to dish out as much dirt on the Catholic Church as possible. I want to see every Catholic clergyman lose their job, including the Pope. All Catholicism should be, is a museum exhibition as R3 eloquently stated. My boomer parents are brainwashed by the pomp and circumstance of a play-pretend poor quality play of ancient Pagan traditions. When reality hit me, I knew that anyone can be an ex-Catholic just by no longer paying attention to it. The philosophy the old clergy queens give is pure ammo to give the anxious more reasons to forgo their mental illnesses and anxiety. It is NEVER okay to suffer. Get help, there is no true help from the religious sector for your mental health. It is POISON!

Suffering is not what you do for anyone, not even your family. My mother recently threatened me with that expression, which is a huge, terrible lie. Nobody should bury their dreams and aspirations for sticking with ungrateful narcissistic people who have nothing better to do than watch that garbage propaganda each Sunday. I can't wait to move out of this place. I am done. My family has abused me and failed in the name of our Lord, how wonderful!

by Anonymousreply 27November 24, 2022 9:05 AM

Majority of any race are conservative. It is just that blacks who are conservative vote liberals because of their economic interests, even though they don’t support their ideology. Whites are free to vote ideologically, cause neither party is offering them anything in particular.

And Democrats are pushing poor whites in the arms of Trump or other right wingers with their elitist approach. They are the wealthy whites’ party. They are Republican’s accomplice in turning US into third world country. Besides, Democrats are lately more prone to mess up things in the world while Republicans are messing things at home.

by Anonymousreply 28November 24, 2022 9:07 AM

There are many far-right Catholic fanatics on the Supreme Court. They will use all their power to serve the interests of the Catholic church and the Republican party.

by Anonymousreply 29November 24, 2022 9:09 AM

No, the Southern Baptists do.

by Anonymousreply 30November 24, 2022 9:58 AM

There’s no such thing as pro Trump intellectuals. The only Catholic intellectuals might be Jesuits and they certainly are not Trump supporting theocrats. I don’t think the OP knows what he’s talking about.

by Anonymousreply 31November 24, 2022 10:37 AM

Lol, if you think I’m going to sit here and worry about Catholics, a broken down, irrelevant religion filled with pedophiles and groomers that is hated by its own constituency, you’re delusional. What we’re listening to now is a lot of psychos whinge that they lost the election. It’s pathetic, annoying, and tiring. Ugh

by Anonymousreply 32November 24, 2022 10:37 AM

[quote] I'd rather ban tax exemption status for religious groups.

I’d rather ban religion.

by Anonymousreply 33November 24, 2022 10:38 AM

[quote] wasn’t it the black community who had called Roe vs Wade ruling and legalization of abortion in general The black genocide.

Blaming black people for abortion is really fucking rich. I seriously doubt that black people ethically, morally, or historically agree with a movement that exists solely to control the bodies of other people, something they’ve been fighting against for three hundred years in this shithole of a country.

by Anonymousreply 34November 24, 2022 10:44 AM

R28 is a troll with zero concept of reality.

by Anonymousreply 35November 24, 2022 10:48 AM

Read with understanding R34. I was saying that there was the strong anti abortion movement among blacks, not that they had political power to impose abortion ban.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36November 24, 2022 11:06 AM

Many Catholics vote Democrat, particularly in the Northeast and mid-Atlantic. The Kennedys were Catholics and they are more representative of US Catholics (the good and the bad) than Opus Dei freaks who are a small percentage of Catholics.

by Anonymousreply 37November 24, 2022 11:20 AM

I do not think that the majority of Catholics are republicans, including white Catholics. Maybe Kennedy was the game changer. An Irish Catholic democrat president. US Catholics are like the Jewish - you have some very conservative ones, but overall, most are just Catholic by upbringing and the basic holidays but not in practice or politics.

[quote] Massachusetts is the most liberal state in the country...

Really? Not California?

by Anonymousreply 38November 24, 2022 3:02 PM

[quote]Massachusetts is the most liberal state in the country...

Where does this belief come from? MA is not liberal, it is libertarian with an emphasis on NIMBY. They routinely elect Republican governors. Their politics are, at best, center-left in and around Boston; go 50 miles west on the 'pike and you might as well be in Kentucky. Maybe MA was liberal 50 - 75 years ago, but like everywhere that money lands, it has changed.

And yes, I know MA was the first state to legalize same-sex marriage. It is also the home to some of the most virulently anti-gay organizations in the country.

by Anonymousreply 39November 24, 2022 3:11 PM

"theocratic" and "intellectual" are mutually exclusive terms.

These people may gain even more power because progressive leaning people are not violent.

by Anonymousreply 40November 24, 2022 3:54 PM

Catholics also want to ban contraception. And divorce is next! The Vatican is running the US.

by Anonymousreply 41November 24, 2022 4:12 PM

They're very funny. When you try to explain to them lying is a mortal sin in the Christian faith along with making a baby out of wedlock, they will tell you with a straight face they can't be excommunicated for these sins.

😂

by Anonymousreply 42November 24, 2022 4:23 PM

And that is the reason that the 1st Amendment prohibits the government from the establishment of religion.

It is the foundation of the wall separating Church and State.

It is also the reason Churches are not taxed.

by Anonymousreply 43May 17, 2023 1:27 AM

Lol @ those who still fall for the Democrats’ theocracy fear-mongering. They’ve been doing it forever. Since at least 2000 as far as I can remember. We’re dealing with straight women mutilating themselves into “trans men” and demanding that gay men have sex with them, and you guys are still going on with this! You’re pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 44May 17, 2023 1:39 AM

OP, this broadcast from Wisconsin Public Radio which aired today might be of interest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45May 17, 2023 1:44 AM

This is a small and weird element within the Catholic Church.

by Anonymousreply 46May 17, 2023 1:47 AM

There is no such thing as an intellectual who voted for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 47May 17, 2023 1:48 AM

[quote] "Pro-Trump intellectuals"

So this is a comedy piece?

by Anonymousreply 48May 17, 2023 1:48 AM

Just wait until you hear what the muslims want to do to you...

by Anonymousreply 49May 17, 2023 1:52 AM

Who the hell is bringing trans into this? You’re a fool if you don’t think theocracy is a threat from the right. Texas just mandated that the Ten Commandments be hung in all public school classrooms. They want to replace guidance counselors with “pastors” in high schools, Roe was overturned by the Catholic majority Supreme Court. And on and on and on.

by Anonymousreply 50May 17, 2023 2:04 AM

R50 The reason Democrat fear-mongering about religion works is because you’re preaching to dumb people. The “low information” voter.

by Anonymousreply 51May 17, 2023 2:35 AM

Then they'll ban birth control and divorce.

by Anonymousreply 52May 17, 2023 2:36 AM

I wonder if the Evangelicals are embarrassed that they don’t have even ONE judge on the Supreme Court while Catholics are in the majority.

by Anonymousreply 53May 17, 2023 2:47 AM

R53 I'm old enough to remember when Evangelicals had zero interest in railing against abortion. It was the obsession of Catholic priests. Like divorce and birth control.

by Anonymousreply 54May 17, 2023 2:52 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!