Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The tyranny has started...

Kate is the first victim.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28November 25, 2022 4:15 AM

Why do they still call her "Kate Middleton?" That's not her name any more.

by Anonymousreply 1November 24, 2022 3:53 AM

Kate in exhange for not forcefeeding geese to death. Sounds good to me.

Besides, I'm sure she eats a spoonful and then runs to the bathroom to induce vomiting in the tradition of her FIL's late ex-wife.

by Anonymousreply 2November 24, 2022 3:55 AM

We are not amused . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 24, 2022 3:58 AM

Who gives a toss r1?

by Anonymousreply 4November 24, 2022 4:00 AM

Are you OK, Meghan/R4?

by Anonymousreply 5November 24, 2022 4:02 AM

Kate probably eats nothing but a ricecake a year so this won't affect her

by Anonymousreply 6November 24, 2022 4:04 AM

William will reinstate it once Rose Hanbury is securely reinstalled as Official Leg Spreader to the Palace. She’s particularly fond of foie gras, and the one who introduced Kate Middleton to it.

It’s not the only thing they both used to eat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 24, 2022 4:04 AM

r1 thank you! i wanted to know the same. Seems disrespectful.

by Anonymousreply 8November 24, 2022 4:52 AM

Foie gras is delicious. I just had some tonight, as a matter of fact. I brought some back from my France trip last year. Delicious, I'm telling you.

by Anonymousreply 9November 24, 2022 5:57 AM

Foie gras IS delicious. But it's also the result of animal torture.

by Anonymousreply 10November 24, 2022 6:00 AM

Diana, once married, was never called "Diana Spencer" by the DM. Camilla is not "Camilla Parker-Bowles."

But Catherine, Princess of Wales, seems forever to be "Kate Middleton."

by Anonymousreply 11November 24, 2022 6:19 AM

It’s easier to remember her that way.

by Anonymousreply 12November 24, 2022 7:08 AM

R11 The name does sort of just roll off the tongue you must admit.

by Anonymousreply 13November 24, 2022 7:27 AM

Kate does the Dukan Diet, just like her mother and sister, and has done for well over a decade.

No foie gras allowed on there. I doubt very much it is "one of her favourites"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14November 24, 2022 7:31 AM

Is it really impossible to make organic foie gras that doesn't cause any harm or pain to the birds?

by Anonymousreply 15November 24, 2022 7:41 AM

Yes, unfortunately it is, r15. Also Veal and Wagyu.

All three are seriously no-go. Free range is a basic necessity, as is stunning before slaughter.

Always buy organic, and NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER buy HALAL. NEVER. The cruelty of Halal is unimaginable.

by Anonymousreply 16November 24, 2022 8:08 AM

r16 you've led me down a rabbit hole

by Anonymousreply 17November 24, 2022 8:20 AM

Apologies, r17.

by Anonymousreply 18November 24, 2022 8:29 AM

What does organic have to do with animal cruelty?

by Anonymousreply 19November 24, 2022 9:15 AM

[quote]Camilla is not "Camilla Parker-Bowles."

She was for quite some time, but Charles did a lot of PR work over the years to change the public perception of Camilla. No one bothered to do the same for Kate.

by Anonymousreply 20November 24, 2022 9:25 AM

Princess Catherine. She's prettier than Diana ever was. Shouldn't her nickname be Cate, not Kate? Like Cate Blanchett. Are journalists dumb like this, or is it the British editors?

by Anonymousreply 21November 24, 2022 9:55 AM

What tyranny? What are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 22November 24, 2022 10:01 AM

r19 Organic in the UK means free range, cage free, no hormones and stunned slaughter.

The term "organic" has been corrupted in the USA, unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 23November 24, 2022 10:02 AM

Did not know that. Thanks R23!

by Anonymousreply 24November 24, 2022 1:16 PM

She can't ever be "Princess Catherine," because she was not born royal. She is "Catherine, Princess of Wales."

by Anonymousreply 25November 24, 2022 5:32 PM

Someone just posted links on Twitter about alleged Dlisted Kate trolls and their script they have for today's positive Kate negative Meghan trolling. Insider knowledge. A direct quote from script. " My say something nice - Kate looks classy, well groomed" etc etc. Now go to Dlisted and read the Brf banquet thread. It appears over 10 times in the comments. Dlisted is now officially a joke. How embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 26November 24, 2022 6:07 PM

R26

Or maybe Kate just looks nice?

by Anonymousreply 27November 25, 2022 2:58 AM

R15, Egyptians discovered foie gras thousands of years ago, when they observed that geese liver was tastier when said geese were about to start their migration to the north. Indeed, geese would gorge on calories to prepare for the lengthy migration, saturating their liver with sugar. Egyptians were inspired and started to over feed the geese. As with many other things, the Romans brought the recipe back to Europe, which eventually made its way to France (who refined it). I wonder if it's possible to produce a form of foie gras without the forced overfeeding. After all, geese and ducks do naturally overfeed themselves prior to migrations.

Interestingly, before the discovery of America, foie gras tasted different since geese and ducks were fed with figs and other fruit available to the old world. It's only after the discovery of the Americas that French farmers started to use corn, leading to a sweeter foie gras.

by Anonymousreply 28November 25, 2022 4:15 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!