Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Was I scammed into Thanksgiving?

I wasn’t planning on celebrating Thanksgiving. I just wanted to relax and not cook or do anything. Then my sister invites me over for Thanksgiving. I thought fine, maybe that is better than sitting home alone. So after I already accepted the invitation I asked her what I should bring just to he polite. And she says since she’s hosting and very busy, could I take care of the turkey? WTF? Who asks someone to bring the turkey? She said she always liked how I made it, blah, blah, blah.

Ugh, so now I went from not cooking this year to currently brining a turkey. The more it soaks the more I’m resenting this. How did I get roped into this? Why didn’t she just ask initially when she invited me instead of it being a two-step process of securing my RSVP first and then asking me to bring the turkey? Just be upfront in the beginning instead of doing this manipulation and theater.

by Anonymousreply 16November 24, 2022 3:26 AM

Just show up with a bowl of popcorn, some jelly beans and a stack of buttered toast OP. Problem solved!

by Anonymousreply 1November 24, 2022 2:19 AM

Welcome back, Uncle Bottom.

by Anonymousreply 2November 24, 2022 2:19 AM

Just turn off your phone and don't show up tomorrow, OP. That'll teach her.

by Anonymousreply 3November 24, 2022 2:19 AM

Yeah, I would test positive for covid.

by Anonymousreply 4November 24, 2022 2:19 AM

She duped you, OP. Siblings get away with that kind of behavior.

by Anonymousreply 5November 24, 2022 2:21 AM

This is actually common. People feel obligated to have Thanksgiving, but they often don’t want to cook the turkey (and get complaints if it doesn’t turn out well).

You should have said no.

by Anonymousreply 6November 24, 2022 2:23 AM

Order one and give her the bill.

by Anonymousreply 7November 24, 2022 2:25 AM

Buy 10 packages of that cheap Buddig turkey roll crap (I think it might still be 99 cents a package) and keep the turkey for yourself.

She's a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 8November 24, 2022 2:25 AM

This never happened

by Anonymousreply 9November 24, 2022 2:28 AM

Privately shame her. Your sister now owes you a favor in return.

by Anonymousreply 10November 24, 2022 2:30 AM

Why didn't you just say no when she told you to bring a turkey?

by Anonymousreply 11November 24, 2022 2:32 AM

Not since the indigenous people were fucked over have I heard a tale so fowl.

by Anonymousreply 12November 24, 2022 2:36 AM

Butterball sells precooked whole turkeys in your grocer’s refrigerated section. Nobody has any excuses for horrible turkey for Thanksgiving Day any longer.

by Anonymousreply 13November 24, 2022 3:06 AM

Sucker !!!!!

by Anonymousreply 14November 24, 2022 3:12 AM

You could put something special into the turkeys opening. Only you would know.

by Anonymousreply 15November 24, 2022 3:23 AM

Wow these troll threads are lighting up

by Anonymousreply 16November 24, 2022 3:26 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!