Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Valerie Bertinelli has to pay her ex-husband Tom Vitale $2.2 million!!

Valerie Bertinelli and Tom Vitale have officially settled their divorce, according to court documents obtained by PEOPLE.

On Tuesday, they settled their divorce and filed a proposed judgment. The 12-page document has been signed by both parties and their lawyers.

Per the documents, the Food Network star will pay her ex-husband $2.2 million "in full, final, and complete settlement and satisfaction of any and all claims between them." Neither Bertinelli nor Vitale will receive spousal support, as "set forth in the Prenuptial Agreement," the documents read.

On Tuesday, Bertinelli celebrated her divorce by posting a candid clip at the airport on the way to see her son — 31-year-old musician Wolfgang Van Halen. "My lawyer just called. The papers are all signed. They're about to be filed," she said.

Added Bertinelli: "On 11/22/22, I am officially f------ divorced. Happily divorced. Finally. It's finally over."

She ended the video with, "Yes!" Bertinelli also wrote the words "happily divorced" over her footage.

The Hot in Cleveland star filed for divorce in May, six months after filing for legal separation in November 2021. Per documents PEOPLE obtained at the time, proceedings were settled by a private judge, Hank Goldberg. This includes the Spousal Support and Attorney Fees issue, along with the bifurcated Validity of Premarital Agreement proceeding. Neither Bertinelli nor Vitale appeared in court.

After the Golden Globe winner filed for divorce from Vitale, he asked in June to be awarded spousal support, per documents filed in the Los Angeles Superior Court, which PEOPLE obtained at the time.

According to the documents, Vitale also sought to block Bertinelli from requesting spousal support, in addition to challenging the validity of their prenuptial agreement.

In July, Bertinelli responded to her ex's challenge of their premarital agreement by filing a 13-page request to bifurcate her marital status from financial issues in her and Tom Vitale's divorce, according to court records obtained by PEOPLE. The court documents noted that Bertinelli was looking for "an early and separate trial on the issue of validity of Premarital Agreement."

Ultimately, Bertinelli's request meant a separate trial from any other outstanding issues regarding the divorce — a move she made after Vitale asked to be awarded $50,000 per month in spousal support and $200,000 in legal fees in early July, according to the records.

Bertinelli's request argued that their premarital agreement, signed in 2010 before the two got married, contains a "waiver of temporary and permanent spousal support."

​​In court documents from the initial divorce filing, Bertinelli cited "irreconcilable differences" as the reason for the dissolution of their marriage.

Bertinelli married Vitale in 2011 during a New Year's Day ceremony at their cliff-side Malibu home after several years of dating. They were introduced by her brother Patrick.

Bertinelli recently parted ways with the shoes she wore on their wedding day.

"Dropped a few things off with @therealreal," Bertinelli, 62, captioned a series of photos that included sleek brown Jimmy Choo strappy heels complete with diamond studs. In the snap, Bertinelli also held what appeared to be two wedding bands in front of a classic Tiffany & Co. box.

"A couple of Tiffany rings that have some bad memories attached and a pair of shoes I wore to a wedding in January 2011 😉," she said of her items, adding: "They should be up in a couple of weeks! ✨💖."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171April 4, 2023 8:39 AM

What an old looking bald man. yiiikes.

by Anonymousreply 1November 24, 2022 1:29 AM

Did she ever say why her marriage ended ?

by Anonymousreply 2November 24, 2022 1:32 AM

Because he's a greedy asshole?

by Anonymousreply 3November 24, 2022 1:34 AM

He's supposed to be a great winemaker, but he uses the Bertinelli name to sell "his" wine.

Is there anything lower than a man who wants a generous payoff so that the lazy SOB can continue to live off of his ex wife's revenue ?

by Anonymousreply 4November 24, 2022 1:40 AM

I don't feel like googling, but recall he was pretty hot when they first started dating

by Anonymousreply 5November 24, 2022 1:40 AM

Bertinelli was seeing him for 6 years, before the married, She was married for ten years. After sixteen years, he became older and grayer.

They had a pre-nup, buy guess the judge didn't think it was his duty to uphold the law.

by Anonymousreply 6November 24, 2022 1:47 AM

[quote] Did she ever say why her marriage ended ?

Many couple have broken up and divorced after the pandemic, because they are locked up at home 24/7

Val says she is like many of those couples that divorced after having spend too much time with a spouse

by Anonymousreply 7November 24, 2022 1:48 AM

[italic] Vitali .......

Of the Philadelphia Vitalis ?

by Anonymousreply 8November 24, 2022 1:52 AM

He also got an extra $500k. Loser wouldn't work.

by Anonymousreply 9November 24, 2022 1:53 AM

[quote]Is there anything lower than a man who wants a generous payoff so that the lazy SOB can continue to live off of his ex wife's revenue ?

Yes - a woman who wants a generous payoff so that the lazy SOB can continue to live off of her ex hubby's revenue. It's been happening since The Great Flood.

by Anonymousreply 10November 24, 2022 2:02 AM

She owes him more than that. He had to put up with this cunt still pining for her ex Eddie all those years. Bitch is a fat ho.

by Anonymousreply 11November 24, 2022 2:12 AM

He played the long game and won, if he doesn't blow through the $2.7 million.

by Anonymousreply 12November 24, 2022 2:14 AM

To be honest, I didn't even think she was WORTH $2.2 million.

How rich is she??

by Anonymousreply 13November 24, 2022 4:13 AM

He appeared many times on her cooking show. He’s nice looking, probably has no problem landing high quality LA trim.

by Anonymousreply 14November 24, 2022 4:15 AM

I will pay him his two million ONE DAY AT A TIME

by Anonymousreply 15November 24, 2022 4:30 AM

Does she really have $40 million, R15?

From what??

by Anonymousreply 16November 24, 2022 4:33 AM

A man taking money from his wife? Jeez talk about having no pride!

by Anonymousreply 17November 24, 2022 4:42 AM

Did she inherit anything from EVH? She branded furniture and home accessories sold at TJ Max and Marshall’s/Homegoods. She’s also been a brand ambassador for Weight Watchers, iirc and has written books. She continues to work in television and has had quite a few side hustles. She’s ambitious and probably quite wealthy.

by Anonymousreply 18November 24, 2022 4:43 AM

I think a gold-digging female taking money from her husband, is even worse!

by Anonymousreply 19November 24, 2022 4:44 AM

When did Val become Asian?

by Anonymousreply 20November 24, 2022 4:50 AM

2 hit TV series, and making $2 million a year from Food Network. And real estate.

by Anonymousreply 21November 24, 2022 4:55 AM

maybe Food Network isn't the healthiest place for chubs to work?

by Anonymousreply 22November 24, 2022 5:11 AM

Who cares? It's not like she's obese. She probably is burned out from years of diet and exercise. She's short and has a naturally pear shaped body.

by Anonymousreply 23November 24, 2022 5:19 AM

She's worth over 300 million, so 2 mil is chump change, but more than the chump deserved.

by Anonymousreply 24November 24, 2022 5:57 AM

She isn't worth $300 million. Don't pull figures out of your ass. I looked up her properties due to the last VB thread. Wolfie inherited a $10 million studio/ house from his dad, no way to know of any cash.

Valerie has worked since she was a child. It's not like she's been sitting on her ass. The husband was a financial planner with no clients, other than maybe Val? But you are right, Tom fought the pre-nup and I'm guessing her attorneys told her to pay bim to go away. Fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 25November 24, 2022 6:09 AM

[quote] I think a gold-digging female taking money from her husband, is even worse!

Vaht do you know about it? Fuck off you kmet.

by Anonymousreply 26November 24, 2022 6:26 AM

Your pussy used to stink Mel- now it is so dry it smells like when you empty a vacuum cleaner bag.

by Anonymousreply 27November 24, 2022 6:55 AM

Dammit Barbara.

by Anonymousreply 28November 24, 2022 9:35 AM

I love all the fraus and lesbians being enraged over an ex HUSBAND winning, for once. Valerie Bertinelli is a horrible human being. She’s exposed herself on social media for years as being a nasty, entitled and vengeful asshole. She’s been called out by a few over her self pity videos she’s posted about being fat and her “body positivity” bullshit, while hoping we all forgot about her being one of the people who pushed the diet craze and fat shamed women when she was being paid by weight loss companies. But Western women are too stupid to realize their own hypocrisy and for sone reason, gobble up her bullshit like sows at a trough. Fuck her fat ass. And “Wolfie” too. I hope the ex-husband left her devastated and hating herself, she deserves nothing less.

by Anonymousreply 29November 24, 2022 9:58 AM

For anyone who still thinks shes some doe eyed darling, here’s just a minor example of Valerie Bertinelli’s daily social media shut stirring and trolling. She was, without a doubt a fucking nightmare to live with. She’s forever picking fights on social media then posts tearful videos of how wronged and misunderstood she is. And her small army of middle aged fraus eat that shit up and attack anyone who dares to call her out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30November 24, 2022 10:07 AM

She’s a nasty fat old cunt. Can’t stand her.

by Anonymousreply 31November 24, 2022 10:14 AM

Publicly celebrating your divorce is in extremely bad taste, no matter how happy your are privately or how awful your ex is.

by Anonymousreply 32November 24, 2022 10:30 AM

R29/R30/R31 = Tom Vitale.

by Anonymousreply 33November 24, 2022 10:55 AM

I've never seen here in anything, yet there she is, somewhere, all the fucking time.

She's the very definition of Frau: fat, frumpy, voice like the sound of eating glass, fake friendly, falsely down to earth, attention hungry, Rachel Ray but with an even wider face (wider than it is in height), casserole loving, always trying to manipulate emotions, always the giving one, always the wronged one.

I just wish the bitch would shut and disappear.

by Anonymousreply 34November 24, 2022 10:56 AM

At the end of the day, [italic] The Queen is in the Counting House counting all her money.

by Anonymousreply 35November 24, 2022 11:23 AM

🤗. DataLounge only posts the unbiased truth about everyone. [italic] We are Equal Opportunity Haters.

by Anonymousreply 36November 24, 2022 11:30 AM

She should never have gotten married but it's her life.

by Anonymousreply 37November 24, 2022 11:43 AM

R30) What was wrong with her tweet? I like her, don’t get the hatred for her.

by Anonymousreply 38November 24, 2022 11:50 AM

I read her book, and she seemed in love with him in it.

by Anonymousreply 39November 24, 2022 11:58 AM

R38, I used to think she was adorable too. I’m just slightly too young to really remember her time on TV, my older sister was into her. I never had any opinion of the lady at all until a few years ago when she posted some tearful video about being “fat shamed” somewhere on social media, (she’s one of those C-listers who seems to live on social media and craves seeing posts and mentions about herself). - I was kind of incensed by her hypocrisy when seeing her go on and on about championing women and their “body positivity” and tearfully sobbing over her weight while proclaiming her pride in having a “voluptuous” body etc. etc… and I remembered her antics appearing on Oprah showing up in a bikini and shilling fad diets all over TV showing her “dramatic” results like it was super normal to go from fat to supermodel skinny etc.., she reveled in the attention then and made millions off of it… and then, there she was on Twitter, acting as if she’d never done any of that. Some random Twitter person called her out on that very thing, and she launched a nasty tirade against them, ripping them to shreds and sicking her frauen army upon them. I forget what she said but remember she was particularly vicious, and instead of taking the opportunity to address how this change in her body attitude came about she just got nasty and defensive, taking no responsibility for what she’d done. I started following her a while and realized how nasty she was, seeming to pick fights and constantly victimizing herself; yet here she was, a famous, multimillionaire, beloved by possibly millions of people, her own TV show, seemingly happily married.. But completely exploiting it all for cheap pity…. And thats why I think she’s a horrible, fake person.

by Anonymousreply 40November 24, 2022 2:29 PM

She was a fool not to have a prenup - or a better prenup.

While she's probably richer than most people, $2.2mm is a LOT of money to pay someone for basically nothing. At this stage of life, he should have enough assets and sufficient career that he shouldn't need to squeeze his ex-wife for cash in a divorce. What possible reason could there be for her to pay him anything - he wasn't at home taking care of kids and sacrificing his career to support her.

by Anonymousreply 41November 24, 2022 2:37 PM

Now it's kind of cringey watching reruns of her old cooking shows where Tom (and his family) was a guest.

by Anonymousreply 42November 24, 2022 2:46 PM

She seemed really close to his family too. He must have really hurt her.

by Anonymousreply 43November 24, 2022 2:58 PM

[quote]She’s exposed herself on social media for years as being a nasty, entitled and vengeful asshole. ...I hope the ex-husband left her devastated and hating herself, she deserves nothing less.

Gee, I bet you think glitter and sunshine shoot outta your ass. You seem as nasty as you perceive her to be.

by Anonymousreply 44November 24, 2022 2:59 PM

What does Wolfie have to say about this fiasco? I do wonder when he will get weight loss surgery.

by Anonymousreply 45November 24, 2022 3:02 PM

I would not be surprised if Valerie shares in the royalties of Van Halen songs

Eddie seemed like an upstanding guy - wouldn't be out of left field that he gave her a portion of his percentage to Val during their marriage.

Which means she makes money even if she never works another day in her life.

by Anonymousreply 46November 24, 2022 3:04 PM

[quote] I would not be surprised if Valerie shares in the royalties of Van Halen songs

Janet Jackson for instance has given a small percentage of ALL her royalties to her mother - in perpetuity

So it is not out left field that Eddie did the same to Val during their marriage.

by Anonymousreply 47November 24, 2022 3:06 PM

Poor Valerie. But at least she got to fuck Scott Colomby in his prime.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48November 24, 2022 3:09 PM

I'm starting to think we have an "in poor taste" troll because I am seeing that posted about every little thing anyone we talk about does.

by Anonymousreply 49November 24, 2022 3:19 PM

she and eddie were cool to name her kid Woflie in honor of Golden Girl's bar Wolfies as an omage to Betty White.

by Anonymousreply 50November 24, 2022 3:32 PM

R50 Wolfie's is a deli, not a bar. And it's HOMAGE.

by Anonymousreply 51November 24, 2022 3:49 PM

[quote]What possible reason could there be for her to pay him anything - he wasn't at home taking care of kids and sacrificing his career to support her.

How do we know he didn't sacrifice his own career to support hers ? She had plenty of career ups and downs while married to him, so we have no idea what he did in the marriage to support her and her career.

The way ex-wives get payouts for supporting successful husbands, so should ex-husbands when it comes to successful wives.

by Anonymousreply 52November 24, 2022 3:52 PM

[quote]It's not like she's been sitting on her ass.

Thank god!

by Anonymousreply 53November 24, 2022 3:53 PM

That's Ms. Bertinelli.

by Anonymousreply 54November 24, 2022 4:08 PM

I highly doubt Tom was so good and supportive of a husband as to have given Valerie $2.7MM worth of marital support. What’s the point of a prenup when it doesn’t get honored? Tom really hosed poor Valerie in the end. I’d be happy to be free if I were her too, while Tom laughs his way to the bank.

by Anonymousreply 55November 24, 2022 4:14 PM

There's marital support and then there's MORAL support - which really has no price. I have a feeling she was most in need of MORAL support during her ten years married to him. 10 years of putting up with her career highs and lows, her mood swings, her 'victim' mindset, etc. Just from her social media postings, she appeared to be " a lot of work" - and that was a job he stepped up to, and morally supported her.

by Anonymousreply 56November 24, 2022 4:19 PM

What career lows? Didn't she go from Hot In Cleveland right to the Food Network?

by Anonymousreply 57November 24, 2022 4:21 PM

Wolfie was named after Mozart.

His real name is Wolfgang, and NOT "Wolfie."

by Anonymousreply 58November 24, 2022 4:40 PM

[quote]What career lows? Didn't she go from Hot In Cleveland right to the Food Network?

She had at least two high-profile projects for CBS daytime that she was up for and failed at in the 2010s.

One was her being a permanent replacement on "The Talk" in 2011 (she originally auditioned to be one of the hosts when the show was in development, but CBS passed on her). She campaigned for the seat again, when they were looking to replace Holly and Leah. She lost out to Sheryl Underwood and Ayisha Tyler.

When that failed, she pitched her her own daytime talk show on CBS, sort of a 'copycat' to the successful 'Rachel Ray' talk / cooking show . They strung her along for a while, before they dropped her project around 2013-14. That's when (IIRC) she brought her concept to 'The Food Network', tweaked a bit to focus more on cooking.

by Anonymousreply 59November 24, 2022 5:35 PM

Hot In Cleveland was 2010-2015. Those dates don't add up, unless Valerie was going to do 2 shows at once.

by Anonymousreply 60November 24, 2022 6:15 PM

Memo to self: Find out who wrote Valerie's pre-nup. Don't use him.

by Anonymousreply 61November 24, 2022 6:17 PM

for the poster who keeps talking about Bertinelli's career lows

So what?

Every career has highs and lows

by Anonymousreply 62November 24, 2022 6:18 PM

[quote]Poor Valerie. But at least she got to fuck Scott Colomby in his prime.

She says in her book, he was her first.

by Anonymousreply 63November 24, 2022 7:16 PM

Wow who knew DL had such rabid Valerie. Bertinelli fans?!

by Anonymousreply 64November 24, 2022 7:19 PM

The pre- nup may have been fine, still doesn't mean the ex can't contest and run up legal fees. Easier to just get rid of the loser and move on.

by Anonymousreply 65November 24, 2022 7:42 PM

[quote] Hot In Cleveland was 2010-2015. Those dates don't add up, unless Valerie was going to do 2 shows at once.

Either she was going to do two shows (like Julie Chen was doing at the time, and Kelly Ripa did before that) or she was willing to leave 'Hot In Cleveland' and focus on her talk shows. Not sure - but she tried twice with a talk show at CBS.

[quote]for the poster who keeps talking about Bertinelli's career lows So what? Every career has highs and lows

Try keeping up with the conversation - I mentioned her husband supported her morally, during her career while she had highs and lows during their marriage. Someone asked about the lows.

by Anonymousreply 66November 24, 2022 8:01 PM

R66, the only lows are your ridiculous posts. Valerie wasn't attempting to leave a hit show making $100k a week. And as soon as that ended, Valerie moved on to the Food Network.

Not getting an additional show is hardly a low. You know shit about business, show or otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 67November 25, 2022 1:05 AM

R67 she really got 100k for that? I thought Betty was paid the most and I read she got about 80k.

Does TV land really have that big of a budget?

by Anonymousreply 68November 25, 2022 1:13 AM

In California, "irreconcilable differences" is the only option on a divorce filing. California is a no-fault state and there is no other recognized legal reason to divorce. California does not have "common law" marriage, so the date of the marriage is the date on the certificate of marriage. Once a marriage reaches ten years, under California law, it is a "long term" marriage. A long-term marriage (and divorce settlement) is always be under the jurisdiction of the California family law court and can be revised through a petition process. Pre-nups on long term marriages are subject to review by the family court.

by Anonymousreply 69November 25, 2022 1:16 AM

Val is so fat. She doesn’t need a cooking show. It just makes her fatter.

by Anonymousreply 70November 25, 2022 1:20 AM

[quote] The pre- nup may have been fine, still doesn't mean the ex can't contest and run up legal fees. Easier to just get rid of the loser and move on.

Yeah, I'm guessing the length of the marriage played into the settlement. Madonna paid Guy Ritchie something like $70 million. I realize Val is no Madonna, but $2.2 seems OK.

by Anonymousreply 71November 25, 2022 1:28 AM

Two failed marriages. At least my daddy still loves me

by Anonymousreply 72November 25, 2022 1:56 AM

In a state like California I doubt pre nips are even valid after 10+ years.

He sounds like a total grifter, though.

by Anonymousreply 73November 25, 2022 2:09 AM

$2.7, not $2.5. She gave him $500 earlier in the year

by Anonymousreply 74November 25, 2022 2:09 AM

What's a pre-nip, R73?

R74 can't add.

by Anonymousreply 75November 25, 2022 2:29 AM

He deserved it. Imagine being married but your wife is on a “poor me grieving widow” media tour of her EX HUSBAND who was HAPPILY MARRIED TO ANOTHER WOMEN? I’d sue her fat ass ,too! It’s so telling how Eddie Van Halen’s wife, Janie, never made public comments while this fame Whore was on any show that would book her. Crying. Blabbing. Then saying Eddie told HER he loved her while he was taking his last breathe. Bitch please! She left him because he cheated and was an addict. Now she’s acting like they were still in love and married.

by Anonymousreply 76November 25, 2022 2:49 AM

[quote]the only lows are your ridiculous posts. Valerie wasn't attempting to leave a hit show making $100k a week. And as soon as that ended, Valerie moved on to the Food Network.

Not getting an additional show is hardly a low. You know shit about business, show or otherwise.

Again, try to keep up with the conversation. I never said she was 'attempting' to leave a hit show making $100K a week. What I said was she may have had the option to do two shows at once, or leave HIC if she wanted to - never said she 'attempted' to leave.

Headlining your own daytime talk show on CBS, or joining an established talk show like 'The Talk' on CBS is certainly more prestigious than hosting a show on 'The Food Network', and most likely pays much more than TFN does. It was a deal she was working on since 2008, and then it fell through - that's a career low.

Now, time for you to leave the conversation - you're in way over your head, and it's embarrassing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77November 25, 2022 3:07 AM

Val has multiple Food Network shows you idiot. Estimated salary $2 million a year.

by Anonymousreply 78November 25, 2022 3:13 AM

The guy is bald as a peach and she still has to give him 2.2 million, that's fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 79November 25, 2022 3:17 AM

She'd be making at least $2M with one show on CBS, you moron.

by Anonymousreply 80November 25, 2022 3:18 AM

My mom, born circa 1954, gets very testy when I question Valerie Bertinelli or the appeal of One Day at a Time. I think she really liked that show and identified with Bertinelli. "Was it considered a comedy? It wasn't funny." "Well, it was funny and sad, just like real life." "But that's not funny, that's just depressing." "It was the life of a single working mom." "I know, I lived it, and there's nothing funny about a dreary apartment and a single working mother. Where's the laughs?"

by Anonymousreply 81November 25, 2022 3:26 AM

[quote] When did Val become Asian?

Around the same time Lil' Kim did but before Janet Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 82November 25, 2022 3:38 AM

A poison pill can always be put into a pre-nup. Something like, you get half a million but if you contest it you lose it in addition to having to pay all lawyer costs.

by Anonymousreply 83November 25, 2022 10:13 AM

Good for him. It was really insulting to both him and Eddie's widow how Valerie suddenly draped herself over Eddie's coffin about how they were the only true loves of each other's lives despite both remarrying.

by Anonymousreply 84November 25, 2022 1:21 PM

When it comes to legal matters such as these, it boils down to which litigant has the better lawyer. Plain and simple. Which lawyer shows up with the most paperwork (looks impressive).

In this case, it was Tom Vitale. He had a better lawyer than his ex-wife, and he won - her lawyer caved. Great lawyers can turn anything around in favor of their client. Too bad Val went for a lawyer who couldn't win this for her.

by Anonymousreply 85November 25, 2022 5:55 PM

The $2.2 was probably a "win" in that it was a nuisance payoff. She probably could have "won," but would have ended up paying her attorney(s) $2.2 in attorneys' fees to duke it out ad infinitum with Vitale's attorney(s).

by Anonymousreply 86November 25, 2022 6:09 PM

I like Val. I don't follow her on social media, but enjoy Hot In Cleveland and her cooking show.

She recently did a Hollywood restaurant classics cooking episode that was great.

by Anonymousreply 87November 25, 2022 7:17 PM

Why shouldn't he be compensated? She seems to be kind of a head case. Always crying in front of the camera for attention. Her son seems very obnoxious as well. Neither of them had to work a regular job in their life.

by Anonymousreply 88November 25, 2022 7:51 PM

Was Valerie a nepotism kid, R88?

by Anonymousreply 89November 25, 2022 8:29 PM

Val’s so god damned fucking FAT! Who could defend that fat slob?

by Anonymousreply 90November 25, 2022 8:38 PM

Your mother, at a size of 3x in a cheap trailer park.

by Anonymousreply 91November 25, 2022 8:43 PM

He shouldn’t be compensated because they are both consenting adults of a certain age who married each other. This wasn’t a first marriage where one spouse was the “breadwinner” and the other spouse stayed home and raised the kids so the other spouse could go to work. There’s no foregone opportunity here. This man is a leech.

by Anonymousreply 92November 26, 2022 2:18 AM

She was crying because she was obviously going thru a painful complicated divorce.

by Anonymousreply 93November 26, 2022 2:24 AM

Wherever Val goes, drama ensues. She’s a fat porker drama queen. Oh poor me.

by Anonymousreply 94November 26, 2022 4:07 AM

[quote]R6 They had a pre-nup, but guess the judge didn't think it was his duty to uphold the law.

Depending on the circumstances, pre-nups sometimes fall apart because they’re considered to be signed under duress.

If you don’t want to mingle your finances, don’t marry.

by Anonymousreply 95November 26, 2022 4:14 AM

True, R92, but I don’t hear these objections when women fleece men in divorce proceedings

by Anonymousreply 96November 26, 2022 5:00 AM

R95, I don't think this guy had any finances to mingle.

by Anonymousreply 97November 26, 2022 5:02 AM

She ruined the careers of Matthew Perry and Craig Bierko

Not to mention being the Yoko Ono of Van Halen

by Anonymousreply 98November 26, 2022 5:34 PM

He’s a total grifter why are we defending him here? Her somewhat self pitying attention whoring ways have nothing to do with the issue at hand.

The fact is when two people marry in their 50s neither should be trying to live off the other. She was used and milked maybe not dry (she’s worth a lot) but much more than she should have ever had to give out - I would post passive/aggressive bitchy tweets too.

And her being a fat Italian girl have nothing to do with this either. He’s just a grifter plain and simple.

by Anonymousreply 99November 26, 2022 6:07 PM

Well, it appears his financial planning career had Val as his only client.

by Anonymousreply 100November 26, 2022 6:10 PM

Valerie may have lost 40 pounds, but she also just lost $2.7 million to that grifter ex husband Tom!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101November 26, 2022 6:43 PM

She’s earned the pounds back. The cash will follow. Fraus relate to fat Val more.

by Anonymousreply 102November 26, 2022 6:46 PM

Val lost 175 pounds of ugly weight.

by Anonymousreply 103November 27, 2022 1:26 AM

I would love to hear his side of the story. I bet it's a juicy one!

by Anonymousreply 104November 27, 2022 1:31 AM

I've always figured it must be hard to be married to a celebrity. The nature of their work means they're almost certainly self-absorbed and narcissistic. So they must be very high maintenance spouses, requireing lots of attention and support. And at the same time, being narcissists, they will be prone to discarding their supportive spouses as soon as they've sucked them dry in terms of support and attention.

So Mr Vitale probably earned that payoff, just from years of giving Val a steady stream of emotional support. Or to put it less nicely, for putting up with a lot of the typical Hollywood actor self-indulgent shit.

It doesn't necessarily mean that these Hollywood types are bad people, just high maintenance and exhausting to be around all the time. If I had had to be someone's emotional prop for years, I'd have felt deserving of a financial settlement at the end of the marriage, too.

by Anonymousreply 105November 27, 2022 2:11 AM

Has Boyd Gaines released a statement yet?

by Anonymousreply 106November 27, 2022 2:24 AM

I wonder if the final settlement stipulates that he can never say or write anything about her - like in a book for instance. Considering her first lawyer left her exposed with an apparently faulty pre-nup I wouldn't be surprised if she's been legally screwed again. At least one day it will make for interesting reading.

by Anonymousreply 107November 27, 2022 2:25 AM

R105. I think any person who has sensitivity only about themselves with no cares or consideration about their spouse - or any other human being - is necessarily a bad person.

by Anonymousreply 108November 27, 2022 2:35 AM

Is Valerie Asian? She looks like it in the photo in OP's post...

by Anonymousreply 109November 27, 2022 2:37 AM

She wrote that she never took child support or alimony from Eddie Van Halen. I wonder why. She certainly deserved it.

by Anonymousreply 110November 27, 2022 2:39 AM

[quote]R99 The fact is when two people marry in their 50s neither should be trying to live off the other.

I guess you should run for office in California (which is a community property state) and change all the divorce laws.

Get cracking!

by Anonymousreply 111November 27, 2022 3:15 AM

🥹🥹🥹🥹

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112November 27, 2022 3:28 AM

^Holy fuck, well that changes everything...good lord.

by Anonymousreply 113November 27, 2022 3:31 AM

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114November 27, 2022 3:40 AM

R110, maybe because they had an agreement about Wolfie. He inherited at least $10 million Val didn't need money.

by Anonymousreply 115November 27, 2022 3:47 AM

I just asked Alexa. According to Celebritynetworth.com Valerie Bertinelli has a net worth of $20 million.

by Anonymousreply 116November 27, 2022 3:48 AM

R107, no one knows that the prenup was "faulty".

by Anonymousreply 117November 27, 2022 4:02 AM

Stan Zbornak asked for a prenup. Well, that changed everything. Good Lord.

by Anonymousreply 118November 27, 2022 2:40 PM

All that and now she’ll have to pay for dick from now on too.

by Anonymousreply 119November 27, 2022 3:10 PM

I blame Bonnie Franklin for Valerie being so neurotic.

Who wouldn't be neurotic,with a mother like that?

by Anonymousreply 120November 27, 2022 4:57 PM

Early fame and adulation can really mess a person up. Also she is known for being a world class beauty and she must feel the pressure to stay beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 121November 27, 2022 6:15 PM

[quoteI]Is Valerie Asian?

Yeah, what's up with that?

by Anonymousreply 122November 27, 2022 6:42 PM

She’s turning Japanese.

by Anonymousreply 123November 27, 2022 6:42 PM

Not taking child support has it's roots in taxes. For instance some women will take a larger alimony and no child support as a favor to their ex-husband because alimony is tax deductible whilst child support isn't. Though this changed after 2019.

by Anonymousreply 124November 27, 2022 6:51 PM

R121 “world class beauty?” She was cute/pretty and a lot of guys liked her. And up until a few years ago she still looked great so good for her. But world class beauty is pushing it.

by Anonymousreply 125November 27, 2022 7:30 PM

He had to put up with her and all he gets is under 3 mill? He should have held out for more after putting up with insufferable CUNT!

by Anonymousreply 126November 27, 2022 9:17 PM

She is in Milan right now.

by Anonymousreply 127November 28, 2022 3:19 PM

It won't let me post a link but Valerie has been all over the news lately talking non stop about her narcissistic ex husband.

by Anonymousreply 128February 7, 2023 4:05 AM

She should've stuck with me.

Then *I* would be the one catching this payday!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129February 7, 2023 4:07 AM

Mark Royer could have been the son of Jim Hutton had he lived. Nothing against Dr. Johnny Fever, of course.

by Anonymousreply 130February 7, 2023 4:13 AM

Maybe post from a source other than the fail?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131February 7, 2023 4:24 AM

Actually I tried to link a People post!

by Anonymousreply 132February 7, 2023 4:27 AM

It must have been hard for Tom to stand in the shadow of her first husband who was the father of her beloved child. I suspect she gave as good as she got but labels him as the narcissist in their marriage. The fact that she can't let this go publicly is troubling. She didn't start complaining about him until he asked for a Financial settlement. She was very diplomatic about him in her book and said they just grew apart as a couple.

by Anonymousreply 133February 7, 2023 8:53 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134March 23, 2023 6:22 PM

Val seems permanently stuck in preteen mode.

by Anonymousreply 135March 23, 2023 6:53 PM

In lieu of an actual acting job she has decided to take up bashing her ex-husband as a full-time profession.

by Anonymousreply 136March 23, 2023 6:59 PM

Only after things started to get rough with this husband did Val start referring to Eddie as The Love of Her Life. Clearly, she was saying this to dig at the ex but I’m sure her son was like “WTF!!”

by Anonymousreply 137March 23, 2023 7:03 PM

I wish the ex would clap back but maybe he signed an NDA.

by Anonymousreply 138March 23, 2023 7:07 PM

Valerie was a tv star in 1970s. You know what tv stars did in 1970s? Bought up a shitload of low cost real estate. Alan Alda bought half the land in Water Mill, a town in the Hamptons where he’s built luxury condo complexes and neighborhoods of mansions. Anyone getting paid regularly in Hollywood in 1970s was told to buy real estate by their lawyers/financial advisors. So yeah, I believe she has $40M

by Anonymousreply 139March 23, 2023 7:29 PM

Sad the grift he ran on this woman while she was dying from cancer.

by Anonymousreply 140March 23, 2023 8:17 PM

She will get another book out of this drama and enjoy doing the tearful social media posts and p.r. tour promoting it

"One Check at a Time: My Emotional Alimony Journey and How I Triumphed Over My Financially Abusive Deadbeat Ex!"

by Anonymousreply 141March 23, 2023 8:24 PM

She was playing the widow as EVH lay dying which showed her true colours. She’s a narcissist who needs the spotlight on her and hated his wife would get the sympathy. She’s the mum of his only child so she wanted in on the amount of grieving fans giving their condolences as his wife was supposed to receive. Wolf Van Halen is an extremely talented musician. Mind knowingly good. He mastered every instrument flawlessly and can sing. The reason he’s not 100% a “superstar” is because of his look. He is obese so it’s hard to watch him sweat as he plays, his hair stuck to his death face and his blubber under his shirt. She overfed this poor kid to this state of unhealthy. He isn’t a druggie or alkie like his dad yet he seems as unhealthy if not more so from her cooking him meals on the road , overindulging him with food. I hope he gets a proper eating plan and exercise regime. Kick her off his tour and take charge of his own life before he has a heart attack. He’s very funny on Twitter, doesn’t let the assholes get to him regarding his lineage and lets his music shit them the fuck up. Valerie is just exhausting. Her excessive crying and carrying on.

by Anonymousreply 142March 28, 2023 1:12 PM

He looks hot. I want to French kiss him.

by Anonymousreply 143March 28, 2023 1:29 PM

She probably got a lump settlement from Van Halen and/or a cut of publishing royalties so no child support or alimony.

by Anonymousreply 144March 28, 2023 2:35 PM

[Quote]The reason he’s not 100% a “superstar” is because of his look. He is obese so it’s hard to watch him sweat as he plays, his hair stuck to his death face and his blubber under his shirt.

Meatloaf was fat and sweated a lot at his concerts, and he was pretty high profile.

by Anonymousreply 145March 28, 2023 4:10 PM

I had no idea she was Eskimo

by Anonymousreply 146March 28, 2023 4:37 PM

She’s spends most of her Twitter Republican bashing , which for some reason surprised me (in a good way).

by Anonymousreply 147March 29, 2023 2:59 AM

I read somewhere that she didn't get along with Boyd Gaines. He never shows up to any of the One Day At a Time reunions. She didn't even mention him in any of her books and he played her TV husband for 3 years. Apparently, she ghosted Mackenzie Phillips for years until she finally wore her down.

by Anonymousreply 148March 30, 2023 1:58 AM

What was the deal with her and Stephen Spielberg? She really got around

by Anonymousreply 149March 30, 2023 2:07 AM

Amy caught her putting the moves on Steven.

by Anonymousreply 150March 30, 2023 2:29 AM

Val and Steven dated briefly in 1980 and I think he may have taken her to the Oscars that year. She said one of the reasons it would’ve worked out was that he really hated garlic and she’s Italian and loves it

by Anonymousreply 151March 30, 2023 2:35 AM

I think the straight guys in my high school thought she was the hottest woman around. I think she even eclipsed Farrah Fawcett in popularity since Bertinelli was closer to our age and therefor more "approachable."

You know she sang back up on Michael Jackson's Thriller album?

Of course, I think only on Beat It which had Van Halen's guitar riff on it.

by Anonymousreply 152March 30, 2023 2:43 AM

R121 = Helen Keller

by Anonymousreply 153March 31, 2023 5:32 PM

Seems like just yesterday Val was trumpeting this wonderful new marriage. Such a nice calm grounded relationship after the crazy rockstar husband. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 154March 31, 2023 5:34 PM

Some men have no shame.

Val's gonna be fine. She's got a thriving career, based on her expertise in the kitchen, and her own line of wines. He'll blow through the money, and she will be still standing.

by Anonymousreply 155March 31, 2023 5:42 PM

Better the loser gets a one time payoff, rather than monthly spousal support.

What did he ever do for her? How exactly did he contribute to the marriage?

by Anonymousreply 156March 31, 2023 5:44 PM

For a financial planner, he sure was a shitty one and appeared to have no clients. Also, an ex-wife and kids.

Interesting that they dated for years before getting married. They weren't married all that long.

by Anonymousreply 157March 31, 2023 5:49 PM

Whenever I hear that one has a "career" as a "financial planner" I am always dubious, because the planner rarely ever has even two pickles so rub together.

by Anonymousreply 158March 31, 2023 6:19 PM

[quote]How exactly did he contribute to the marriage?

Cock?

by Anonymousreply 159March 31, 2023 6:25 PM

All this woman talks about is her weight. Get a new line!

by Anonymousreply 160March 31, 2023 6:26 PM

She still hasn't said what he did to end the marriage has she? In her cooking show they seem so happy and she was always having his family over.

by Anonymousreply 161March 31, 2023 7:54 PM

I always get her mixed up with that Rachael Ray lady.

by Anonymousreply 162March 31, 2023 7:56 PM

R61 According to Val, he's a narcissist. As she says in her endless video selfies of her crying, her dancing, her talking about herself...

by Anonymousreply 163March 31, 2023 8:47 PM

[quote] Apparently, she ghosted Mackenzie Phillips for years until she finally wore her down.

I arranged a threesome with Papa John. Dick heals all wounds.

by Anonymousreply 164April 1, 2023 12:50 AM

Sometimes I imagine time-travel....for instance, go back to the eve of Val's wedding to this guy and show her this headline. Sad trombone.

by Anonymousreply 165April 2, 2023 1:21 PM

Poor Val.

by Anonymousreply 166April 2, 2023 2:14 PM

If you are wealthy and don't get an ironclad prenup, you're an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 167April 2, 2023 2:24 PM

Nicely open person but open along very narrow lines. I couldn't make it with her for long.

by Anonymousreply 168April 4, 2023 7:32 AM

Wait and See----->>Valerie is going to outlive her son. This isn't a few extra pounds. This is morbid obesity. He's like three years from becoming The Whale.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169April 4, 2023 7:50 AM

[quote]What did he ever do for her? How exactly did he contribute to the marriage?

He was married to that moody, self-absorbed manic woman with a giant head of more width than height for 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 170April 4, 2023 7:51 AM

Mackenzie Phillips comes across now as so grounded and sane compared to Val. Pretty ironic!

by Anonymousreply 171April 4, 2023 8:39 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!