Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful friends: Patio del Moro, a 1926 Andalusian style 1925 landmark courtyard apartment complex, $7.425M

[quote]Patio del Moro is a true West Hollywood cultural landmark. [The] Spanish-Revival style courtyard complex features 7 maisonette apartments [13 bedrooms and 10 baths in total] formerly home to Charlie Chaplin, Humphrey Bogart, and Joyce Van Patten. Built by Arthur and Nina Zwebel in 1925. With a premier, West Hollywood address Patio del Moro is located just 1 block south of the famed Chateau Marmont on the Sunset Strip. Its distinctive Andalusian and Moorish-inspired architecture boasts a copper-domed Tunisian tower, horseshoe-arched entrance tunnel, and tiled fountains in the private and public patios and fireplaces. Intertwined private terraces and patios, Juliet balconies, and private outdoor spaces distinguish Patio del Moro.

It's an ugly stretch of West Hollywood street with an eccentric facade, but inside the patio is really lovely and, together with the apartments, largely unspoiled.

Fancy being landlord of your own Barbary Lane situation? Or have sex friends in or approach their golden years looking for a final destination?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30November 24, 2022 6:02 PM

So, real life Melrose Place?

by Anonymousreply 1November 23, 2022 11:08 PM

Video description from an earlier listing of a few years ago:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 23, 2022 11:08 PM

Yet another video from when the property was listed previously.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 23, 2022 11:09 PM

*Or have SIX friends in...

(Or sex friends, you buy it and it's your choice.)

by Anonymousreply 4November 23, 2022 11:10 PM

I would love to retire in a place like this with 6 friends occupying apartments with the 7th reserved for a live in cabana boy who handles chores and such - as well driving our old asses around to doctor's appointments, grocery shopping, and such.

That's what "retirement" communities should be like.

by Anonymousreply 5November 23, 2022 11:19 PM

Ooh, Joyce Van Patten!

by Anonymousreply 6November 23, 2022 11:21 PM

The copywriter or content director who put Joyce VP and Humphrey Bogart in the same sentence should be fired.

by Anonymousreply 7November 23, 2022 11:25 PM

Yes, the 'and Joyce Van Patten' was quite the punctuation mark. Save your best for last.

by Anonymousreply 8November 23, 2022 11:27 PM

I find it unbelievably beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 9November 23, 2022 11:52 PM

Are Jack Janet and Chrissy still living there?

by Anonymousreply 10November 23, 2022 11:55 PM

For my taste, architecture like this is a visual orgasm. Southern California will never leave my heart.

by Anonymousreply 11November 23, 2022 11:57 PM

Living there properly requires smoking and perfume wearing.

by Anonymousreply 12November 24, 2022 12:04 AM

I wouldn't live on Fountain. Did it for a few months once and the amount of brake dust that settles in your place is disgusting. Always loud.

by Anonymousreply 13November 24, 2022 12:45 AM

Brake dust?

by Anonymousreply 14November 24, 2022 12:57 AM

The location is terrible. You're living on a very busy street.

by Anonymousreply 15November 24, 2022 1:07 AM

It looks like a 1980's Mexican chain restaurant. FUGLY !

by Anonymousreply 16November 24, 2022 1:40 AM

Would it be easy to turn it into a bed and breakfast?

by Anonymousreply 17November 24, 2022 1:43 AM

Cheap kitchen appliances and cheap bathroom fixtures. Horrible street to live on for that much money.

by Anonymousreply 18November 24, 2022 2:15 AM

Very cool

by Anonymousreply 19November 24, 2022 2:18 AM

OP, what exactly do you know about LA? That “stretch” of Fountain is no worse or better than another segment. You aren’t “tasteful “ and you have no “friends.”

by Anonymousreply 20November 24, 2022 2:26 AM

It’s cute, has charm. The kitchen is too small. No pool is a big problem. No way for this price.. The price is a joke.

by Anonymousreply 21November 24, 2022 2:26 AM

Put a pool in the middle and have Michael and Jane Mancini purchase it. Just be careful when Amanda Woodward and Kimberly Shaw come around.

by Anonymousreply 22November 24, 2022 3:00 AM

I had a friend with benefits who lived there in the early 80's before it became gentrified. He paid 375.00 a month for a one bedroom with no AC. The thick adobe walls kept it cool in the summer The actor Tony Hamilton lived upstairs with two other dancers.. I remember siting in lawn chairs under dead banana trees and the dried up fountain. Drinking Jager shots till dawn and listening to the sirens on Sunset. Then we fucked like rabbits. La Dolce Cazzo

by Anonymousreply 23November 24, 2022 3:33 AM

^ Woops it was the Andalusia on Havenhurst. Same type of LA Spanish revival.

by Anonymousreply 24November 24, 2022 3:39 AM

Did you ever do a threesome with Tony Hamilton ? He was incredibly hot back then.

by Anonymousreply 25November 24, 2022 4:27 PM

That one picture is charming. The rest is horrid.

by Anonymousreply 26November 24, 2022 4:31 PM

I LOVED the Andalusia - I worked at Propaganda Films and the owner, Steve Golin lived there for a time. Id house sit and hook up in that building.

by Anonymousreply 27November 24, 2022 5:11 PM

OP How dare you. I used to live just two blocks from there @ Laurel. It’s a perfectly fine area with beautiful ‘20s-style homes and apartment buildings. Equal distance between Sunset and Santa Monica Blvds. Convenient to all culinary and cruising needs.

by Anonymousreply 28November 24, 2022 5:24 PM

Is this where they filmed Mulholland Drive?

by Anonymousreply 29November 24, 2022 5:42 PM

If you bought this as a business proposition, could you break even? The mortgage would be almost $50,000 a month, which means each of the apartments would need to rent for $7000 a month each just to break even--and that doesn't include the expenses from keeping the place up. So, say, $8000/month to cover all that. Could you get $8000/month for these places?

by Anonymousreply 30November 24, 2022 6:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!