Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I Need DataLounges Help ASAP!!

I need help in deciding which Audiobook I should listen to next. I am not sure what I want. I picked selections from several different topics- politics, history, science/science fiction, political thriller, business, and true crime.

My last three books were:

Duty and Power: The American Odyssey of George H.W. Bush

The Divider: Trump in the White House by Peter Baker

Howards End by E.M. Forster

by Anonymousreply 9November 23, 2022 11:32 PM

Wrong crowd - know your audience

by Anonymousreply 1November 23, 2022 10:41 PM

R1 What is wrong with my selections? DL has helped me on this before.

by Anonymousreply 2November 23, 2022 10:43 PM

I might be an annoying poster and start bringing this book up a lot, but I am going to say Dawn of Everything by David Wengrow and David Graeber. It'll sound dull if I say it's about early anthropology and various societies in prehistory. But it really is mind blowing and awesome and opens possibilities if you read it. And a reminder that "society" does not have to be the way it is; things are not inevitable. I don't know if you ever read the Gnostic Gospels (which was the same kind of experience, but many decades ago). Fans get a little cultish about both books, but it really is one of those books that opens new worlds to you.

by Anonymousreply 3November 23, 2022 10:53 PM

Barbarians at the Gate is a very entertaining read.

by Anonymousreply 4November 23, 2022 10:56 PM

"Nancy Drew and the Case of the Indecisive Faggot"

by Anonymousreply 5November 23, 2022 11:02 PM

Goddammit r5, now I want to read that too.

by Anonymousreply 6November 23, 2022 11:04 PM

R5 I prefer Nancy Drew and the Case of the Burning Candle.

by Anonymousreply 7November 23, 2022 11:05 PM

[quote] Audiobook I should listen to next.

People can put plastic things in their ears but I'm not convinced that the author's ideas are penetrating the receiver's brain.

One should never operate heavy machinery with plastic things in one's ears.

by Anonymousreply 8November 23, 2022 11:24 PM

Don't go jogging in traffic while listening to "Anatomy of a Murder".

by Anonymousreply 9November 23, 2022 11:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!