Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Four Students Found Dead Near the University of Idaho - Part Four

Let the baseless assumptions continue unabated....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600December 3, 2022 2:53 AM

Four dead in I-da-ho.

by Anonymousreply 1November 23, 2022 9:20 PM

Anyone else spooked by these murders? I was home alone last night, and completely weirded out

by Anonymousreply 2November 24, 2022 1:08 AM

WTH, the two blonde girls looked like twins. Crime experts say that the killer was someone known to the victims. And that he is young. This wouldn't have been his first bloody crime. A dog was found skinned close by, prior to the killings. I'm betting is was a customer from the restaurant where the girls worked. Very sad.

News coverage shows dried blood dripping from the house foundation. That's a lot of blood.

by Anonymousreply 3November 24, 2022 1:41 AM

The kids sure don't look like serious drug users in the TikTok videos.

by Anonymousreply 4November 24, 2022 1:55 AM

Link to part 3

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 24, 2022 3:53 AM

Idaho murders - live updates: Moscow police probe Kaylee Goncalves’s ‘stalker’ ahead of press conference.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 24, 2022 4:13 AM

R2, Get a dog.

Wait...

by Anonymousreply 7November 24, 2022 4:20 AM

I’m not convinced that was the blood or from the victims, r3. Could have been a lot of things.

by Anonymousreply 8November 24, 2022 4:21 AM

Kaylee was frantically calling Jack - Murphy was half-owned by Jack - Jack had a motive as she'd broken up with him and was relocating to Austin, Texas, with her new Land Rover - Jack wasn't hot and they got together when she was too young to realize she could play the field and find a hotter guy - statistics say infatuation generally only lasts four years and they were together longer than that - have there ever been this many pointers to someone and it not be him? Wasn't his family rich? Maybe he bought off a hitman... oh and aren't there photos of Jack and a hunting kill?

by Anonymousreply 9November 24, 2022 4:26 AM

The study about the 4 year thing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10November 24, 2022 4:29 AM

I do wonder about that, r8. It seems conveniently gory. We've finally established that the victims were on the second and third floors, right? Weren't those blood drips and trails at the house's foundation?

by Anonymousreply 11November 24, 2022 4:30 AM

Oh gurl, catch up.

by Anonymousreply 12November 24, 2022 4:32 AM

Based on the thumbnail (Christmas lights, fur collar), I thought this report from the last thread was a joke, but it's solid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 24, 2022 5:40 AM

IDAHO Homicides: New Timeline?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14November 24, 2022 6:24 AM

Jimmmaayyy!!!

by Anonymousreply 15November 24, 2022 6:25 AM

[quote] Nothing says “above average” like a seven-year-old Evoque

I guiltily thought that too. The sister or mother was saying that she just purchased a Range Rover and wanted to show it off. That older Evoque doesn't really count in my book, but still, if it made her happy.

by Anonymousreply 16November 24, 2022 6:44 AM

Someone in a previous rhread mentioned "a hick's idea of glamor," R16, and that explains the Evoque.

by Anonymousreply 17November 24, 2022 7:17 AM

R11 The house is on a gradient sloping up from the lower level. The first floor where we see the parking and the Attic Girls’s bedroom is on Queen Road, but the second level facing King Road is also at ground level and has porches and a sliding glass door into the kitchen where it’s believed he/they entered.

by Anonymousreply 18November 24, 2022 7:34 AM

I was watching an early Criminal Minds episode (Season 1, Episode 16 'The Tribe') and it has a mass murder weirdly similar to this one. It goes off in a batshit direction of course... The point being, this must have been done by more than one person.

by Anonymousreply 19November 24, 2022 9:37 AM

I really do think what we saw dripping out of the house was blood. It's the simplest explanation. We know the drips weren't there 13 days prior, since we have a photo of that side of the house from Oct 31st. There's been some talk of the drips being heating oil, but the real estate listing for the house says it's electric heat, not heating oil. There's nothing else in the wall of a house that would cause that.

by Anonymousreply 20November 24, 2022 9:58 AM

[quote]Kaylee was frantically calling Jack - Murphy was half-owned by Jack - Jack had a motive as she'd broken up with him and was relocating to Austin, Texas, with her new Land Rover - Jack wasn't hot and they got together when she was too young to realize she could play the field and find a hotter guy - statistics say infatuation generally only lasts four years and they were together longer than that - have there ever been this many pointers to someone and it not be him? Wasn't his family rich? Maybe he bought off a hitman... oh and aren't there photos of Jack and a hunting kill?

There aren't "that many pointers," half of what you wrote isn't even true, let alone a "pointer" to Jack being the murderer.

The hunting photos are of that other guy, the one at the food truck, not the ex boyfriend.

The move to Austin may not have been a motive. Given how Jack tweeted, it's possible he was pissed off at her and didn't want to get back together. He may have been fine with her leaving. He wasn't calling her, SHE was calling HIM.

Sharing a dog isn't a motive for murder.

by Anonymousreply 21November 24, 2022 10:03 AM

I think it was a local guy in his mid-to-late 20s who is an expert hunter. He was possibly rejected by one of the third floor girls. The hetero couple were collateral damage.

The police do not believe the ex nor the video surveillance food truck guy were involved, according to their website.

I'd be shocked if they didn't find and arrest the perp. Efficient murders, but messy. Small town. Etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22November 24, 2022 10:09 AM

[quote] Idaho police investigating quadruple murders asked about similarities to 2021 unsolved Oregon stabbing attack

Moscow Police Department Chief James Frye, whose department is leading the investigation into the murders of four University of Idaho students, said during a press conference on Wednesday that investigators received a tip about another stabbing last year in Salem, Oregon.

In the Oregon case, Travis and Jamilyn Juetten were awakened from their sleep around 3:00 a.m. on Aug. 13, 2021, to an unknown assailant attacking them with a knife. Travis fought off the attacker, but was pronounced dead at the scene.

Jamilyn suffered 19 stab wounds and other injuries, but was transported to a hospital and survived. Police do not have a suspect in that attack.

A reporter asked Chief Frye on Wednesday if investigators are looking into any possible connection between the quadruple homicide in Idaho and the Salem attack, noting that both cases involve an unknown assailant breaking into a home around 3:00 a.m. and attacking sleeping victims with a knife.

"We're looking at every avenue and we have other agencies reaching out to us with other cases, stuff that we are going to follow up on," Frye answered, noting that he was aware of the Oregon case and had received a tip about it. No official connection has been drawn between the two cases.

In June 2022, ten months after Travis Juetten was murdered, his family offered a $50,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of his killer.

A detective from the Marion County Sheriff's Office in Oregon assigned to the 2021 investigation did not respond to questions on Wednesday evening.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23November 24, 2022 11:15 AM

[quote]I really do think what we saw dripping out of the house was blood.

I’ve seen a lot of blood, and there’s absolutely no doubt in my mind that that’s what it is. I would bet anything on it. If you zoom in on the original Fox News photo, you can even see the coagulation at the bottom of each drip.

Xana’s father said she put up a fight, and I think she ended up cornered in that part of the room and bled out against the wall.

by Anonymousreply 24November 24, 2022 11:15 AM

Apparently, both of the blondes were like completely wasted, and the FTG (in hopes of getting some sorority gash) had appointed himself as their protector. Their ride pulled up, they bolted, FTG was like WTF. FBG was like sorry bro.

by Anonymousreply 25November 24, 2022 11:25 AM

R8 Yeah , could also be water leaking from a rust pipe

by Anonymousreply 26November 24, 2022 11:49 AM

^Sorry, but it's not water. Maybe someone spilled a bottle of Hershey's chocolate syrup right by the bedroom wall. It's just my theory, but I think it makes a LOT of sense.

by Anonymousreply 27November 24, 2022 12:43 PM

Maybe Kaylee got home, finished her carbonara and then realised Murphy was nowhere to be found. Unbeknownst to her, the killer has left the door wide open and Murphy has bolted. Drunk, she panics and calls Jack to come help find Murphy. Jack doesn't answer so she makes her friend keep trying, but Jack's either a heavy sleeper, or he's thinking fuck these drunk bitches, I'll answer in the God damn morning (that's what I'd be thinking, if someone kept ringing me at 3am, knowing they'd been out on the piss). We have to give props to the murderer for not skinning Murphy. I'm not thrilled with murderers, but I really abhor animal abusers.

by Anonymousreply 28November 24, 2022 12:44 PM

^I like your scenario, it makes sense, except for one thing: why wasn't she then outside, calling the dog? Surely someone in that crowded neighborhood would've heard her out there calling the dog, and remembered that after they were all found killed?

by Anonymousreply 29November 24, 2022 12:47 PM

From what her family have said, she seems to rely on others a lot. If she was drunk and tired, I could reasonably see her being worried about Murphy, but not worried enough to get up and actually look for him herself. She comes across kind of dumb and entitled, which I know is a cunt thing to say. Just the vibe I get.

by Anonymousreply 30November 24, 2022 1:15 PM

Anything unusual happening around WSU/Pullman? It's only eight miles away and there's a state line which can make things harder to track.

by Anonymousreply 31November 24, 2022 1:54 PM

According to the Moscow police, you all have hindered this investigation!! How embarrassing!!

by Anonymousreply 32November 24, 2022 2:20 PM

Idaho State Police Statement: "We know everyone wants answers. Please be patient, we want to conduct a very thorough, for the sake of the victims' families".

Translation: After almost two weeks, We have absolutely NO FUCKING IDEA who did this, or even who could've done it, with no promising leads.

by Anonymousreply 33November 24, 2022 2:46 PM

They really should have had Netflix Unsolved Mysteries in there the day after and filmed a segment to go up this weekend,

by Anonymousreply 34November 24, 2022 2:50 PM

The locked door/s frequently referenced now sounds like it was only the door to the basement that was locked. The bedroom doors where the murder victims were found were not locked.

The perp locked the door to the basement to delay the girls downstairs from discovering the bodies.

If this is the case the perp knew the girls were downstairs.

If the perp was a random crazed killer why wouldn't he have killed them as well?

Mary Ellen O'Toole is a super star (plus love the faux fur sweater and Christmas lights).

As a profiler she believes the perp is a young psychotic buff guy who has kept the murder weapon because it has meaning for him. He's used this knife a lot.

She also believes this guy likes high risk scenarios and that he is a threat to the community and that given the right circumstances he'll strike again.

by Anonymousreply 35November 24, 2022 3:30 PM

[quote] The perp locked the door to the basement to delay the girls downstairs from discovering the bodies.

Huh?

by Anonymousreply 36November 24, 2022 3:47 PM

The basement door being locked might puzzle them but they only have to get dressed and go outside around to the back to enter through the sliding door to the kitchen. If the slider was ajar, then again, puzzling but probably not alarming unless there were bloody footprints or something.

by Anonymousreply 37November 24, 2022 3:54 PM

[quote] Anyone else spooked by these murders? I was home alone last night, and completely weirded out

I had the heeby jeebies!

by Anonymousreply 38November 24, 2022 3:59 PM

Seriously creeping me out…..I live in a small rural town (on the other side of the country!) and have been locking my doors at night for the first time in years…..

Something particularly horrible about the fact that they were attacked while sleeping. Not to belittle the tragedy, but the whole thing has an oddly cinematic quality….have never been so curious about a true crime

by Anonymousreply 39November 24, 2022 4:11 PM

[quote] After almost two weeks, We have absolutely NO FUCKING IDEA who did this, or even who could've done it, with no promising leads.

The lesbian Attic Girls have been cleared, and it was determined that they made the 911 call.

by Anonymousreply 40November 24, 2022 4:41 PM

Is the food truck guy really the deer hunter? I thought people only thought the deer hunter was Kaylee's bf because his name is Jack and then figured he might as well have been FTG who is also white and male... WHY is everyone called Jack WTF, so needlessly confusing.

by Anonymousreply 41November 24, 2022 4:59 PM

[Quote]The basement door being locked might puzzle them but they only have to get dressed and go outside around to the back to enter through the sliding door to the kitchen.

True, but this is what the profiler said.

It could be he locked the door to keep the downstairs girls from disturbing the attack should they awake. Banging on the door would have alerted him to flee.

It's interesting that Mary Ellen says one body may reveal itself to have been the target. More injuries and or different treatment than the other bodies after death.

I

by Anonymousreply 42November 24, 2022 5:02 PM

"It's interesting that Mary Ellen says one body may reveal itself to have been the target. More injuries and or different treatment than the other bodies after death."

They are hinting that from the start.

by Anonymousreply 43November 24, 2022 5:05 PM

If Murphy was also ex-bf Jack's dog, he wouldn't have barked at him when he got there - he also probably knew the code on the front door but they had some red tape and weird chair arrangements by the sliding glass door, so I guess it seems the killer entered that way?

But Murphy being ex-bf's dog doesn't mean he did it. The calls are weird though - like it involves him somehow, unless phone records show she called him all the time - and texts reveal what their relationship was like at the time.

by Anonymousreply 44November 24, 2022 5:15 PM

Can't remember exactly where I read it, but I'm 90% sure it said Satanic Orgies took place in the basement of the house on the second Saturday of every month??

by Anonymousreply 45November 24, 2022 5:28 PM

Murphy didn’t bark at all in the TikTok of Jack’s frat-douche friend tormenting him. He was clearly freaking out, running from couch to couch, and the poor thing even tried to jump on the kitchen counter and bounced off at one point, but he didn’t bark.

by Anonymousreply 46November 24, 2022 5:30 PM

I keep going back to Ethan. Why would anyone attack a big guy like that if he wasn’t a target?

by Anonymousreply 47November 24, 2022 5:34 PM

If I were the killer, I think if I saw Ethan, I'd take him out first because he'd stop me from killing my main target, assuming it was one of the women.

by Anonymousreply 48November 24, 2022 5:36 PM

Ethan and Nana were in the entry level floor and possibly not asleep.

by Anonymousreply 49November 24, 2022 5:38 PM

[quote]Based on the thumbnail (Christmas lights, fur collar), I thought this report from the last thread was a joke

LOL. I agree, she’s good.

by Anonymousreply 50November 24, 2022 5:40 PM

My predictions:

- Kaylee's Ex and Ethan were secret lovers. - Murphy is definitely hiding something. - The Food Truck will name 4 new varieties of Mac N Cheese after the victims. - Kaylee's used Range Rover will be auctioned off for a Charity that benefits survivors of Frat hazing. - 2023's new disturbing trend - drunk sorority girls who carry loaded handguns.

by Anonymousreply 51November 24, 2022 5:41 PM

Maybe the whole thing was because of Murphy - Kaylee had her and Jack wanted him back. Now he's got him, I hope he takes good care of him. These custody battles can get ugly.

by Anonymousreply 52November 24, 2022 5:50 PM

* I meant Kaylee had HIM.

Sorry for misgendering you, Murphy!

by Anonymousreply 53November 24, 2022 5:50 PM

"Why would anyone attack a big guy like that if he wasn’t a target?"

I agree that one or two people were targeted, and the other two died because someone got up to see what that weird noise was. If the girls were targeted it was probably easy to take poor Ethan down, he may have been a big guy but he was groggy and totally not expecting to have to fight for his life. If you're bumbling down stairs and croaking "Did you drunk bitches knock over a dresser or something...". you're going to be easy prey for a slasher with a knife and a hard-on.

Seriously, though, what's Jack-the-Ex's alibi? I have a horrible suspicion that if he really was the murderer, the local authorities might give him the "Mustn't ruin his future" kissy face, or decide that he was within his rights. It is Idaho, after all.

by Anonymousreply 54November 24, 2022 6:00 PM

[quote]Now he's got him, I hope he takes good care of him.

Good luck with that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55November 24, 2022 6:03 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56November 24, 2022 6:06 PM

I don't think Jack has got an alibi. It's pretty normal to be alone at 3-5 am as a single though.

by Anonymousreply 57November 24, 2022 6:13 PM

Was the Oregon couple trans??

by Anonymousreply 58November 24, 2022 6:40 PM

OK The Oregon thing does sound like the same crime. Shit, serial killer, who might never get caught. :/

by Anonymousreply 59November 24, 2022 7:22 PM

I should have mentioned at r55 that if you go to the second oldest video on that account, you can see Jack’s special talent.

by Anonymousreply 60November 24, 2022 7:23 PM

The Oregon connection is interesting in that they also left 2 people alive. I don’t see this case being solved anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 61November 24, 2022 8:08 PM

I think it'll wind up being some random incel kook that had been to a party or two at the murder hizzO, became enamored with the Blondes, etc.

by Anonymousreply 62November 24, 2022 8:14 PM

Were the 2 blondes' bodies on the third floor found in their own separate bedrooms?

by Anonymousreply 63November 24, 2022 8:23 PM

Yes, but from the plan I've seen there is no door between their spaces. It's a roommate setup with a little more privacy that if it's just one rectangular room, but still difficult to murder one and ignore the other inhabitant

by Anonymousreply 64November 24, 2022 8:38 PM

[quote] I don't think Jack has got an alibi. It's pretty normal to be alone at 3-5 am as a single though.

Even if your cell phone is turned off, the cops can still tell where it was at a given time, right? If anyone said they were at X place at Y time nowadays, wouldn't the cops promptly check the cell records to see whether their phone's location backed that up? And assuming they CAN do that, they could also tell if Jack's phone was at the murder house at any particular time that night. A crafty killer would know enough to leave their phone at home, but most younger people don't seem to be able to live without the phone nowadays, and I think that most would just not think to leave the thing behind. Especially not when committing an act involving the kind of psychotic rage involved here.

by Anonymousreply 65November 24, 2022 8:39 PM

Three women were brutally murdered in their home in my county a couple of weeks ago; I didn't see any threads about it here, but they eventually caught the guy who did it so that was a big relief. Hopefully they get the person who committed this crime in Idaho soon.

by Anonymousreply 66November 24, 2022 8:48 PM

But whoever it was planned so well that they haven't caught him. So I think it's a no-brainer to leave the phone at home. You'd have to be pretty stupid to not know you can be tracked by the location of your phone, and someone that adept at using a knife, dealing with a huge guy (that he probably didn't expect as he didn't live there) and three other people, and still succeed brilliantly -- I mean, this guy would know not to have a phone on him.

I'm not saying this proves it's Jack -- just that the phone thing doesn't exonerate him. From all that we the public know, he's the only one with a motive - as the recently broken up ex.

by Anonymousreply 67November 24, 2022 8:48 PM

Plus, just try to imagine the agility and racing around that would be required to do what he did. Having a big ole smart phone in your pocket? That might fall out? And that you can be tracked by?

And we know it wasn't an impulsive murder because nobody would carry a huge knife around, like in a scabbard or something?

by Anonymousreply 68November 24, 2022 8:51 PM

Did the girls who were on the first floor find the bodies?

by Anonymousreply 69November 24, 2022 11:59 PM

The way I remember it - from the early days - is that one of the basement girls called her boyfriend because she heard noise and was concerned, but he didn't bother coming round to check on things till noon the next day - and he's the one who reported it, either as an unconscious body, or maybe that's just the way the dispatcher put it to the EMTs.

You can't be sure of much with our Mayberry Idaho police force.

by Anonymousreply 70November 25, 2022 1:05 AM

Something posted here recently indicated that one of the male victim's two brothers (a set of triplets) was in on the call to the cops. I don't know how the person knew this, maybe it was addl info the cops have revealed, but it was definitely put out there.

by Anonymousreply 71November 25, 2022 1:10 AM

I believe the triplets are two boys and a girl.

by Anonymousreply 72November 25, 2022 1:26 AM

Both Oregon and Idaho crimes occurred on the 13th at approximately 3 am. Reading this gave me a chill. Is it premature to say there's a serial killer out there? This probably explains the presence of so many FBI. Four dozen agents seemed like a lot in addition to the Idaho State Police. The FBI probably knew of the crime and had their suspicions long before it became public knowledge. It's a highly unusual and bold crime especially with a male present. Maybe the assailant saw Ethan entering the house and instead of seeing him as a potential obstacle or threat, he saw it as a challenge with a greater thrill payoff.

Man, I'd hate to life in the PNW now. My dog, who is a pretty good guard, barks his head off when someone unknown approaches the house. He's away for off leash training and getting back Monday. I live far away, but damn this is unsettling.

by Anonymousreply 73November 25, 2022 2:05 AM

The wife in the Oregon attack survived. Maybe she can describe the perp and/or the knife he used. The ISP has been quick to shut down rumors,etc... they haven't refuted this as being possibly connected.

by Anonymousreply 74November 25, 2022 2:24 AM

They haven't offered a single $ in reward money, no one has.. makes me feel like they know exactly who it is, and they're just trying to obtain some solid evidence.

by Anonymousreply 75November 25, 2022 2:28 AM

So it's ANOTHER Pacific North West serial killer.

First Ted Bundy.

Now this one.

Scary.

by Anonymousreply 76November 25, 2022 2:31 AM

Okay, folks. Here's another one:

[quote] Third unsolved stabbing attack resurfaces amid college slaying mystery

MOSCOW, Idaho - As investigators skipped Thanksgiving celebrations to continue their search for a suspect in the unsolved slaying of four University of Idaho students, a third unsolved stabbing in the Pacific Northwest has resurfaced with eerie similarities.

Reporters at a news briefing Wednesday asked Moscow police about the possible connection between the students’ slayings and a second unsolved stabbing, which left Travis Juetten dead and seriously injured his wife Jamilyn in Oregon.

Authorities say an intruder attacked the couple in their sleep around 3 a.m. on Aug. 13, 2021.

Travis Juetten, 26, fought back but succumbed to his injuries. His wife, who is 26 now, survived 19 stab wounds.

"We're looking at every avenue, and we have other agencies reaching out to us with other cases, stuff that we are going to follow up on," Moscow Police Chief James Fry said Wednesday. He said his office knew about the case and was looking into it, but no official connection has been drawn between the two cases.

The following morning, the Idaho Tribune reported that a third nearby attack shared similar characteristics.

Sandra Ladd, 71, was found dead in her home in Washougal, Washington, on June 14, 2020, according to Oregon Crime Stoppers. Her death was ruled a homicide after the medical examiner found multiple stab wounds in her torso, Washougal police said at the time.

The two attacks happened 14 months apart but within 70 miles of one another. The locations are roughly a five-hour drive west of Moscow, Idaho.

University of Idaho students Ethan Chapin, 20, Xana Kernodle, 20, Madison Mogen, 21, and Kaylee Goncalves, 21, were stabbed to death in their sleep on Nov. 13, 2022 between 3 and 4 a.m. in a rental house just off campus, according to police.

Like the attack on the Juettens, the incident happened between 3 and 4 a.m. on the 13th of the month.

Details about the timing of Ladd’s death were not immediately clear. Her body was discovered at 4:30 p.m. – in her bed, the Oregonian reported at the time.

In all three cases, no suspect has been identified.

Aaron Snell, the communications director for the Idaho State Police, told Fox News Digital Thursday that investigators would be digging into any possible connection between the cases.

"Unequivocally, even without asking anybody, our detectives will be aware of that," he said. "They will look into the possibility that they're linked…anything that would be a remote possibility as a connection will be something that we consider."

He said investigators had "not ruled out any idea or concept" but that it was too early to say definitively whether any of the three cases shared a connection.

State, local and federal investigators spent the Thanksgiving holiday on the job Thursday, digging for clues 11 days after the students were found dead at a grisly crime scene just a few yards off campus.

Two other roommates in the home, who were sleeping on the bottom floor, were not attacked, according to police.

They have been ruled out as suspects, along with several other people who encountered some of the victims the night before their slayings.

Moscow police have said they believe the student slayings were "targeted," but they declined to elaborate.

No murder weapon has been recovered and investigators are asking anyone with surveillance video of the surrounding area to send it in.

They were also looking into reports that Goncalves had a stalker before the attack.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77November 25, 2022 2:37 AM

I wonder how long it will take to process all of the physical evidence from the crime scene. It hasn't been that long and the volume of evidence must be huge since it was a party house. Lots of prints, possibly fluids, God knows what else.

Have the bodies been released to the families yet? I wonder if the FBI performed another postmortem just in case the county coroner missed something. I hope the media doesn't make it a circus. The families don't need it and it's exactly what the killer wants.

by Anonymousreply 78November 25, 2022 2:37 AM

They're calling the murderer the "Idaho Coed Killer."

Catchy name.

Here's a map connecting the Idaho, Oregon, and Washington victims.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79November 25, 2022 2:39 AM

3 brutal stabbings, all on the 13th, all approx @ 3am, all in the same region.

It can't be a coincidence, can it?

by Anonymousreply 80November 25, 2022 2:42 AM

Looks like, R80.

The Oregon woman who survived the attack, could be the key.

She is the only one who could probably identify the killer.

by Anonymousreply 81November 25, 2022 2:44 AM

Oh, man. 😔 No, no coincidence. And the attacks escalated in difficulty and complexity, from a little old lady in bed, to a couple in bed, to four victims in three different locations in the house.

by Anonymousreply 82November 25, 2022 2:47 AM

Must be terrifying to be her as well as the PTSD and grief over losing her husband.

by Anonymousreply 83November 25, 2022 2:47 AM

R78, they already had a funeral for Ethan.

by Anonymousreply 84November 25, 2022 2:49 AM

[quote] Must be terrifying to be her as well as the PTSD and grief over losing her husband.

19 stab wounds!!!

How did she survive that???

Whoever said the FBI presence was "excessive" for Idaho, was correct.

I guess now we know why they're there.

by Anonymousreply 85November 25, 2022 2:55 AM

So are the Moscow, Idaho police going to make a statement about how they fucked up by saying originally that there was "no threat to the community?"

That's ridiculous, in light of the information coming out now.

by Anonymousreply 86November 25, 2022 2:56 AM

The Oregon victim's mother:

[QUOTE]"Like I said, [Marion County, Oregon] have given me nothing – the only thing I have is my son’s autopsy report. I can’t get the 911 call, I can’t get anything from these guys."

No 911 call released for the coed murders.

by Anonymousreply 87November 25, 2022 3:04 AM

The autopsies were carried out in Spokane, Washington, not b locally.

The bodies were released to the families days ago.

by Anonymousreply 88November 25, 2022 3:06 AM

I'm guessing the murderer is some sort of incel hunter who saw them on TikTok, became obsessed with the girls.

He's probably some hunter from the surrounding area, in his 20s. White, dark hair. He'll be found eventually. Probably drives a pick up truck. Motive was pure envy and hatred especially for girls who wouldn't fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 89November 25, 2022 3:07 AM

Washington murder and Oregon murder were 14 months apart.

Oregon murder and Idaho murders were 15 months apart.

Numbers and dates seem significant to the killer.

by Anonymousreply 90November 25, 2022 3:08 AM

They're telling I'm going to be off about the race. We'll see.

by Anonymousreply 91November 25, 2022 3:09 AM

So, I guess the ex-bf is off the hook??

by Anonymousreply 92November 25, 2022 3:11 AM

I don't think the killer was aware of the other parts of the house, that's why they were spared.

by Anonymousreply 93November 25, 2022 3:12 AM

[quote] I don't think the killer was aware of the other parts of the house, that's why they were spared.

But what really saved them is that they locked their door.

If the killer tried to enter, the girls would have heard it and they could have called 911.

If the door had been unlocked, we don't know what might have happened.

by Anonymousreply 94November 25, 2022 3:15 AM

Four for the four that stood at the door,

Three for the Hebrew children,

Two for Paul and Silas,

One for the little bitty baby

Born, born, born in Bethlehem.

There's GOT to be a CONNECTION! THINK!!!!

by Anonymousreply 95November 25, 2022 3:18 AM

[quote]I wonder how long it will take to process all of the physical evidence from the crime scene.

It’s going to take forever to get beyond the preliminary-results stage.

If only one knife was used, aside from the person who was stabbed first, there will be varying degrees of commingling in three victims’ wounds. If the killer was scratched or cut, at the very least, a partial profile will be be mixed in somewhere. And that’s only the blood evidence.

To further compound things, the samples had to to be collected in a party house which was most likely awash in bodily fluids before the murder even took place.

They’re going to have to go the STRmix route in order to pick through god knows how many dirty samples.

by Anonymousreply 96November 25, 2022 3:28 AM

If the three incidents are NOT connected, it means that there are at least three crazed killers on the loose. Comforting thought, is it not?

by Anonymousreply 97November 25, 2022 3:33 AM

Wow..very frustrating these 3 murders were done and no leads. You'd think in this day and age, with all of our technology, there would be some evidence. The movies make it look so easy and obvious to catch the perpetrators within a few hours after the crimes. Somewhere upthread, a poster said, most crimes are NOT solved? wtf. Makes me almost want to get a pistol and practice shooting cans or something. I've never owned or tried a gun...I'm just some old DL female. I hope some smart people solve these. Something about Kaylee. She seemed so happy and free in her video. Really a bummer when lives are just wasted.

by Anonymousreply 98November 25, 2022 4:01 AM

Was anything stolen from the houses in the two other attacks?

by Anonymousreply 99November 25, 2022 4:02 AM

If Jack had an interest in knives, or had ever owned military or hunting knives, what are the odds that his fratpack [italic]wouldn't[/italic] have posted videos of him balancing them on his chin?

Sure, I guess he might be smart enough to not attempt it with a knife, but he didn't have any problem doing it with an ax.

Whatever the case, Murphy deserves better.

by Anonymousreply 100November 25, 2022 4:03 AM

I'm in my bed reading this horror story, and I just realized that anyone can hop on Trulia or Zillow and get the layout of your house, condo, apartment. It almost makes me want to go sleep in my car.

by Anonymousreply 101November 25, 2022 4:16 AM

R99 - No. Unless the killer took trophies which LE wouldn't disclose as part of ongoing investigations. I wonder if the FBI has been tracking this killer longer than we know due to the nature of item(s) *possibly* taken from the murder scenes. Or the killer left a calling card, all unreported in media accounts because it's kept under wraps as part of an ongoing investigation. For all we know, there might be more instances? Or reports of stabbed pets in the ID/OR/WA area.

by Anonymousreply 102November 25, 2022 4:42 AM

In 2017, there was this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103November 25, 2022 4:56 AM

Who’s telling you, R91? The voices in your head?

by Anonymousreply 104November 25, 2022 5:05 AM

The plot thickens ....

I'll be home for Christmas in Oregon and my parents' guest room has a flimsy, easy-to-shove-open door to the outside (lawn, then fields and woods). The news about the murders all taking place on the 13th of the month is comforting.

If it's the same killer, hopefully he left more traces in the Idaho murders than in the Oregon ones and will be caught soon.

by Anonymousreply 105November 25, 2022 5:29 AM

R103

Wow that is something a serial killer does. Kills animals.

by Anonymousreply 106November 25, 2022 5:52 AM

The coyotes were shot, though.

by Anonymousreply 107November 25, 2022 5:55 AM

[quote] Oh, man. 😔 No, no coincidence. And the attacks escalated in difficulty and complexity, from a little old lady in bed, to a couple in bed, to four victims in three different locations in the house.

Next up—the lacrosse team.

by Anonymousreply 108November 25, 2022 6:08 AM

A serial killer who murders people on the 13th of the month sounds more like something Hollywood screenwriters think serial killers do than something they actually do. I still think it was more likely a targeted attack.

by Anonymousreply 109November 25, 2022 6:18 AM

I realize the dates and numbers are right out of Criminal Minds trope. Yet, those times and dates and causes of death weren't manufactured.

by Anonymousreply 110November 25, 2022 6:30 AM

R104 And they’re calling GLORIA! GLORIA! GLORIA!

by Anonymousreply 111November 25, 2022 7:05 AM

To bad Patton Oswald’s dead wife isn’t still alive she’d be up all night mainstreaming Red Bull and chatting in conspiracy chat rooms and solving this before New Year’s Eve.

by Anonymousreply 112November 25, 2022 7:09 AM

I am in Portland.About to go to bed but that Oregon connection is spooking the shit out of me. You think the killer will target me today ?? SCARED

by Anonymousreply 113November 25, 2022 7:33 AM

R113 Here’s hoping.

by Anonymousreply 114November 25, 2022 8:52 AM

Are you murdered yet, R113?

by Anonymousreply 115November 25, 2022 9:55 AM

[Quote]Ethan and Nana were in the entry level floor and possibly not asleep.

Ethan was sleeping with Nana and Xana??

by Anonymousreply 116November 25, 2022 10:00 AM

Before declaring all the murders on the 13th related, I think we really need a list of all stabbing murders in the Pacific NW area that are unsolved, involve a home invasion, no robbery and no sexual assault.

If we're looking at a serial killer, I would bet anything that he didn't just kill on the 13th, and online sleuths have only found the killings on the 13th because these cases tend to attract the psychic and numerology types. If this is a serial killer, he probably has several murders under his belt already. Starts out with a widow living on her own, escalates to more brazen killings with multiple victims, learns from his mistakes like when he tried to kill the couple and left one alive as well as someone else in the home.

by Anonymousreply 117November 25, 2022 10:02 AM

I don't think these three separate crimes are a coincidence. This killer is confident, organised, patient and operating to a ritual known only to him. I don't see this crime being solved to be honest. He'll go dormant and strike again sometime next year, in a new location.

by Anonymousreply 118November 25, 2022 10:05 AM

R90 Well than I'd say leave the area around March 13th 2024 or risk a stabbing .

by Anonymousreply 119November 25, 2022 11:14 AM

“It was personal”

by Anonymousreply 120November 25, 2022 11:18 AM

I wonder if the killer will visit the DL and converse with us, a la Luke Magnotta. And then Netflix can make another series - Don't Fuck With CoEds. Although, I'm looking forward to the Lifetime Christmas Movies about the event, Sorority Sleighing and Santa Slice.

by Anonymousreply 121November 25, 2022 12:17 PM

Okay, no, we do not want the killer to come here. You joke but Luka Magnotta being on here was fucked up. I got into an argument with him before the murders, when he was posting those threads with the EST about how he threw kittens into a garbage disposal when he was a kid -- from what I can tell, based on what we know of him, he never actually did that, but did do other things -- and when he was on the lam and posting here, I used trolldar to realize it was the same guy. I accused him of being a troll pretending to be a serial killer, only to find out later that same day from other posters that Luka Magnotta really was on the run, and there were rumors that he was posting online. That fucked me up.

by Anonymousreply 122November 25, 2022 12:24 PM

How many of you included the Idaho 4 in your Thanksgiving thoughts and prayers yesterday?

by Anonymousreply 123November 25, 2022 12:54 PM

R124, I prayed for Chris Watts. Only.

by Anonymousreply 124November 25, 2022 1:22 PM

A profiler on some news channel said blood splatter analysis will reveal who was killed first, second, third and fourth. I was not aware this was possible just from blood slatter.

Just about every profiler believes the killer was a young male who knew one or more of the victims or a stalker.

The killer was sloppy they say so not a seasoned killer.

A concern is that the killer may not have been arrested previously and may not have any bio data on file.

by Anonymousreply 125November 25, 2022 2:06 PM

^Read R77 and get back to us, ok?

by Anonymousreply 126November 25, 2022 2:10 PM

It's ridiculous how people are harassing exes and everyone who's ever had an argument with one of these people, "internet sleuthing" is so out of control. It drives me up the wall when the amateur forensic psychologists and body language experts come out of the woodwork to spew their nonsense. I saw some old kooky bitch in a youtube comment saying it's way too suspicious that one of the girl's exes was "apparently asleep at 2am, prime time for a partying college age kid like him". Maybe menopause gives you the powers of Sherlock Holmes.

by Anonymousreply 127November 25, 2022 2:15 PM

R122 Luka had very similar features to Elliot Rodgers. I think there's something to physiognomy. If you look bad you are bad.

by Anonymousreply 128November 25, 2022 2:17 PM

Frau von Fraustein @ r126, R77 is blocked so why would one read it? OK?

by Anonymousreply 129November 25, 2022 2:25 PM

Because it contains pretty crucial information about these murders. OK? Moron.

by Anonymousreply 130November 25, 2022 3:11 PM

So we’re done here? It’s the Northwest “13th” Serial Killer?

Let’s dub him Triskaideca.

by Anonymousreply 131November 25, 2022 3:31 PM

R128. I agree. Adam Lanza, the Aurora shooter among others also have a distinct look.

by Anonymousreply 132November 25, 2022 3:32 PM

He's the CO-ED KILLER, R131.

Pay attention!!!

by Anonymousreply 133November 25, 2022 3:33 PM

But his previous victims were not co-eds.

by Anonymousreply 134November 25, 2022 3:38 PM

A new, prevailing theory is that pedo-ring associates of Richard Allen, jailed suspect in the Delphi IN murders committed these slayings, in order to draw media attention away from Allen, and other, yet-to-be named suspects.

Much like 9/11 was orchestrated to deflect attention away from Congressman Gary Condit, and the 2001 disappearance of intern Chandra Levy ( a Mossad operative) , in 2001.

by Anonymousreply 135November 25, 2022 3:49 PM

R135 lol, the Delphi "ring" is at most just a bunch of degenerate low life trucker types who trade pictures with eachother not some elite Eyes Wide Shut conspiracy. Schizophrenia makes the world a lot more exciting

by Anonymousreply 136November 25, 2022 4:06 PM

The guy who did it, and I have no doubt it was a guy, had to be covered in blood afterwards. If he drove to the site then he left blood in his vehicle. Whoever did it if is investigated they will find this vehicle with blood. No matter how much you clean a car if blood has been in it you cannot scrub it out, there's always some left behind.

But that leaves the question, how did the perpetrator arrive at the scene? Did he drive, walk? If he walked how did he escape with blood all over him, because after that kind of carnage he could not have been in any other state.

Unless he knew Lizzy Borden's secrets.

by Anonymousreply 137November 25, 2022 5:07 PM

He could have showered and brought a change of clothes. He seems like someone who would be prepared.

by Anonymousreply 138November 25, 2022 5:10 PM

Showering in the house means the blood and his DNA would be in the drains.

Either the police are total morons (highly likely) or this is a serial killer who knew how to get in and out without dropping much evidence.

by Anonymousreply 139November 25, 2022 5:16 PM

If he was really smart, he would've been nude.

by Anonymousreply 140November 25, 2022 5:19 PM

r113 here. Alive but couldn't fall asleep until 3:30 am.

by Anonymousreply 141November 25, 2022 5:42 PM

‘murderica

by Anonymousreply 142November 25, 2022 6:23 PM

That's a relief, R141. I thought one of the AGs got to you.

by Anonymousreply 143November 25, 2022 6:52 PM

I’m starting to image the AG girls looking like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144November 25, 2022 6:56 PM

Have dogs been brought into this case? I haven't heard or seen photos of them.

Access from the woods and exit via the woods seems the smartest move for a killer in this case.

by Anonymousreply 145November 25, 2022 6:58 PM

Pardon me if someone said it yet, but the killer could wear a sort of waterproof suit over his ordinary clothes, gloves, and a balaclava, the Oregon survivor said he was wearing a mask, assuming there’s a connection, once outside the house he can remove the suit and all the rest, maybe immediately burn all, or put into a plastic bag and burn all far away from the house. Jim Clemente said he was sloppy, so he left something, or he touched something without gloves. Assuming a connection with the three crimes it seems that the killer hates middle class people, the kind of people enjoying simple life, and achieving their goal little by little. I hope investigators aren’t saying all and they’re close to the truth more than we can imagine.

by Anonymousreply 146November 25, 2022 7:03 PM

The FAQ put up by the Moscow police answers "Are there any suspects?" with this:

[quote]At this time, there are no named suspects, no arrests and no weapon has been found.

Perhaps adding "named" to that sentence was purposeful.

by Anonymousreply 147November 25, 2022 7:19 PM

R146 I’m interested in the “wearing a mask” detail. The survivor in the Oregon attack must have seen more?

I know she’s apparently in bad shape, but is there a statement anywhere where she (Jamilyn Juetten) goes into more detail about a description of the killer that night?

I looked online and couldn’t find anything, just the son’s mother speaking to the press.

by Anonymousreply 148November 25, 2022 7:29 PM

Here's a vid of police dogs on the scene in the early stages of the investigation. If they didn't go deep into the woods then neither did the killer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149November 25, 2022 7:43 PM

^From the air on Google, the "woods" don't look very deep at all, basically it's a row of medium-sized oak trees. The whole place is a cul-de-sac that is circled by streets. I don't get where people are saying the killer must've been hiding in "the woods", there aren't any.

by Anonymousreply 150November 25, 2022 7:50 PM

Ok. I’ve been on all these threads but now I am officially frustrated. WHY do police not release any details of the murder? I think police do this when they don’t know what in the fuck they are doing. Like Delphi.

by Anonymousreply 151November 25, 2022 7:54 PM

There's a large wooded area behind the house. You can see it in aerial shots.

by Anonymousreply 152November 25, 2022 8:01 PM

No details are released because they don't want the perpetrator to know what they know, plain and simple. That's all there is to it and it will stay that way. Police will release only any information that they think might allow the public to bring them useful information from outside.

by Anonymousreply 153November 25, 2022 8:07 PM

Re the woods: click on the aerial view of the map of the site below. Between Queen Rd. and Walenta Dr., there is ONE ROW of trees, you can see the crowns of the trees clearly on the map, it's not even 2 trees deep. It's not exactly what I would call "the woods."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154November 25, 2022 8:10 PM

^I will admit, it IS brushy and dense enough to hide in, based on the streetview from Walenta, but it is not really much of a cover. Whoever did this did not stick around long, nor did he stay long enough to take a shower, as some have suggested. It's a pretty funny idea. He split immediately, maybe had left a change of clothes nearby. It would be interesting to know if the cops have dragged the area with bloodhounds but I'm sure the cops won't say anything about that for now, at least. -R154

by Anonymousreply 155November 25, 2022 8:18 PM

R151 I think initially the police was hopelessly overwhelmed . This is not a big city with countless gruesome murders every year . So we got this nothing to see here , everybody is safe statement . But it was 4 harmless college students killed at home , not 4 druggies dying in a drug den or a prostitute murdered by her latest john . So people blew up the story and now the police is playing catch up with conspiracy theorists and true crime junkies .

by Anonymousreply 156November 25, 2022 8:47 PM

Interesting observations and theory I copied from websleuths……think they may be on to something….

My head has been all over the place as far as theories go. But a few things that I've noticed that make me wonder. -all of the victims Instagram have remained public. Except for Ethan. -the 2 surviving roommates (understandably) switched their Instagram to private or deactivated their account. Ethan's surviving triplets also switched to private. So did the frat. Neither of the sororities all roommates belonged to did this.) -Surving roommates and ethan's siblings were all on scene (roommates confirmed/siblings possibly per parents interview saying they "were there" depending on how you interpret) when police arrived. -we've received little to no information on Ethan/Xana at or after the frat party. -witnesses have come forward that saw Maddie & Kaylee and given interviews. We've seen them on camera, know who brought them home and when, etc). -no one that saw Ethan or Xana that night have spoken publicly. The police have released 0 details on their night.

All of the above has me thinking E and/or X were the target. Something happened at that party involving E or X. Someone came to the house and confronted them while M & K we're still awake. Person got kicked out and yelled at/insulted by all 4 of them. Person left feeling slighted, possibly embarrassed/rejected because the girls piled on him, all on E's side. Went and got a weapon, came back when everyone was asleep to make them all pay. - media and everyone else is focused on K & M. Police are feeding into that theory to keep the media/social media out of their investigation. - fraternity holds the key, and Ethan's siblings and maybe even the 2 surviving roommates know there was an altercation. They are all MIA because they know the police are doing their thing. Frat is locked down on social, and their members, because when this comes out, the publicity for the frat will be a nightmare on a national level and they are getting their ducks in a row to combat the hellstorm of negative press that will be coming there way. What's worst for a fraternity than a hazing death? Admitting a sociopath that goes on to murder 4 Greek students. And maybe there were warning signs the frat ignored.

All just IMO and wild speculation. I just feel a little like we're being told to look left so we don't see what's happening to the right. JMO. I need to take a break from thinking about this tragedy. Hoping the families get answers soon.

by Anonymousreply 157November 25, 2022 8:58 PM

"I don't get where people are saying the killer must've been hiding in "the woods", there aren't any."

There are enough trees to give a person cover during evening or nights, enough to cover the movements of a person walking in from a different road. The little patch of woods actually look pretty dense, enough to cover someone who could move quietly without a path, which BTW is another reason I've suspected the killer has hunting experience. Or hunting equipment like night-vision goggles.

by Anonymousreply 158November 25, 2022 9:09 PM

R157 I tend to believe that Xana was the target and wrote about it in this thread or one of the earlier ones . For me Xana as the target makes more sense when you take the whole scene into consideration . Ethan didn't live there and Xana's bedroom was on the second floor while Madison and Kaylee were on the third floor . If Kaylee or Madison were the target then there would have been no need to kill Xana and Ethan unless they woke up or otherwise heard something but then those two wouldn't have been killed in their bedroom . So the killer is after Xana but finds her with Ethan and has to kill both . And then I theorized that the killer was spooked by Murphy who would have been with Kaylee and Madison , again two victims . And then he fled and forgot all about the Basement Girls

by Anonymousreply 159November 25, 2022 9:49 PM

[quote]The 911 caller reported someone “unconscious”. If all the bodies were in bedrooms on the 2nd floor, how did he see it from outside the house?

Wasn't there an unconscious person outside, or has that been disproved and I somehow missed it?

by Anonymousreply 160November 25, 2022 10:40 PM

There was no unconscious person outside, the caller was referring to one of the victims. The house was built on a slope so the second floor had an entrance at ground level.

by Anonymousreply 161November 25, 2022 10:44 PM

R157, great post, I agree, that theory is quite solid and with the very limited information we have, a real possibility.

I understand why police are sitting on evidence, of course, but what I’m bitching about is that usually they would at least give us some scraps. Like what was the actual cause of death - a stab to the heart, multiple stab wounds, or a slitting of the throat? Were the bodies mutilated? Were there any clues left by the killer, any messages?

by Anonymousreply 162November 25, 2022 10:58 PM

[quote]There's a large wooded area behind the house. You can see it in aerial shots.

No, there is not. It's a best a smallish thicket of trees in the backyard. The house was in a very crowded neighborhood, full of other houses and buildings, no one there had a large wooded backyard.

by Anonymousreply 163November 26, 2022 12:25 AM

When single girls are murdered, the number one perp is their boyfriend. Second place is their ex boyfriend. The statistics for it being a boyfriend or ex-boyfriend go even higher if they were stabbed to death.

by Anonymousreply 164November 26, 2022 12:30 AM

R162, the things you listed aren’t scraps. There are lonely people who call tip lines with their crime-scene visions just because they want someone to talk to. There are Facebook groups creating elaborate scenarios out of thin air and expecting to be assigned a personal FBI agent to field their calls. There are sick people who confess to crimes they didn’t commit because they get a sexual thrill from having a captive audience to listen while they verbalize their fantasies about all the gory things done to the victims.

The more of these “scraps” that are withheld, the easier it is to weed out the nuts.

We already know that they were stabbed more than once. Why is the pubic entitled to details—Right now!—which could hinder an investigation? Of what value is that information to the public beyond satisfying morbid curiosity?

by Anonymousreply 165November 26, 2022 1:03 AM

This was Jack.

Just a gut feeling.

by Anonymousreply 166November 26, 2022 1:09 AM

R166 I’d rather Jack, than Fleetwood Mac.

by Anonymousreply 167November 26, 2022 1:55 AM

IDAHO Case | Blueprints, Fantasies & Uninterrupted Food Truck Video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168November 26, 2022 2:02 AM

The "woods" behind the house are not dense. If you go to Google Street View behind the house on Walenta Dr, you can clearly see through the trees to the houses below. The images were taken in October (2021). Imagine another month of autumn foliage loss on top of that.

by Anonymousreply 169November 26, 2022 2:05 AM

So two of the people killed didn’t even live there. Where did Ethan live? Was it at his frat house or with a bunch of guys? Because if someone had a grudge against him for whatever reason, it would be easier to get him when he spent the night in a houseful of women.

by Anonymousreply 170November 26, 2022 2:07 AM

Wait, I’m confused — have we determined yet how big the dense, dark forest behind the house is? Are talking 5 acres, 20 acres…? This is important and I can’t believe no one is discussing it. The killer may have been able to camp out there for days without being caught.

by Anonymousreply 171November 26, 2022 2:21 AM

Okay, Imma email the keystone cops and ask how big Kaylee's bush was.

by Anonymousreply 172November 26, 2022 2:23 AM

I hope the guy isn't some survivalist type like Eric Rudolph who managed to live in the forest for five years before being caught. If so, LE will be stymied.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173November 26, 2022 2:30 AM

^^ All depends how big that bush is!!

by Anonymousreply 174November 26, 2022 2:33 AM

I can't believe people still think Jack did this. That 20 year old dingleberry couldn't slice a cardboard open, much less slaughter 4 people without incriminating himself hours after the murders. Please.

by Anonymousreply 175November 26, 2022 2:46 AM

^^^ Jack, is that you?

by Anonymousreply 176November 26, 2022 2:48 AM

It's his mom.

by Anonymousreply 177November 26, 2022 2:53 AM

Xana and Maddie both worked for years as food servers for Mad Greek restaurant. After the murders, employees are afraid to return to the restaurant. Maddie ran the restaurant social media. Wonder if the restaurant has security cameras. Logical place to sleuth since two the the victims worked at that location.

by Anonymousreply 178November 26, 2022 3:14 AM

Why doesn't anyone have security cams, or doorbell cams in the PNW? I feel like if this happened anywhere on the Eastern Seaboard, they'd have someone in custody by now. Maybe it's population density, I dunno.

I hope this gets solved, and fast. It's clear, this kids did absolutely nothing to deserve this. I hope LE and the FBI know 10,000 % more than they are divulging, at this point.

by Anonymousreply 179November 26, 2022 3:46 AM

R175 can tell how strong and agile someone is just from a pic!! All that college and your two biggest skills came from Grinder and your ballet lessons!!

Also, just hours after the police arrived on day one, the cops and university president said it was a targeted crime off passion. What did they see??

by Anonymousreply 180November 26, 2022 3:49 AM

R173 Eric Rudolph lasted in the NC Mountains, longer than anyone expected... but Idaho winters? Make Western NC winters seem like a weekend at the beach. Can't fathom someone, alone and with not a lot of resources being able to rough it out there, for any meaningful amount of time.

by Anonymousreply 181November 26, 2022 3:51 AM

R180 if you think some naive frat kid, BF of one of the victims no less, could actually pull this off, and not be in custody by now? You belong to the Flyover Frau Detective Agency, for realz.

by Anonymousreply 182November 26, 2022 3:58 AM

The idiots who keep screaming ‘Jack’ did it are the same ones as the Delphi loons who kept insisting that fat slob did it. Even though it was plain as day they would have arrested him already if that had been the case.

by Anonymousreply 183November 26, 2022 4:04 AM

The fact that Kaylee had a BF named "Jack", and the fact the kid wearing the Hoodia at the food truck was named "Jack", and the girl Madison had a BF named "Jake,"? Has fucked up this case, insofar as the websleuth fatties go.

I hope the FBI knows better.

by Anonymousreply 184November 26, 2022 4:09 AM

[QUOTE]Why doesn't anyone have security cams, or doorbell cams in the PNW?

I don't think it's the PNW, but the small town mindset, which isn't necessarily a wrong one given what usually does or doesn't happen there. Moscow has a population of 24K. What were their worst crimes before this? Convenience store hold ups or minor burglaries? Gaggles of entitled, drunken rowdy rich kids?

Back in the late '80s, I moved to Bloomington, Indiana for grad school. A classmate was from Brownstown in the south of the state. Population 2,800. She'd describe to us from the east and west coasts how in winter people would leave their cars running in store parking lots while shopping so they'd be warm upon return. Nobody locked their doors. And the town wasn't far from I-65 and state roads. We were so freaked out about a casual lack of safety, but that's how small town people lived. She thought *we* were the weird ones.

I'm sure it's changed by now, but the relative isolation and physical/mental distance from the rest of the world gives people a sense of insularity and isolation from the world's troubles. At least back then. I'm sure Fox News has scared the living Bejesus out of them by now.

by Anonymousreply 185November 26, 2022 4:24 AM

I think they have one specific suspect and they're waiting on that individual to make a mistake

by Anonymousreply 186November 26, 2022 5:14 AM

There don’t seem to be any indications that that’s the case, R186. Would be nice if it were so.

by Anonymousreply 187November 26, 2022 5:15 AM

R181 - I had thought about the weather differences, but isn't Idaho pretty much the home beacon for whacked out survivalists? They probably have cabins with stashes of supplies dotted around the landscape in the inhospitable winter. A complete psychopath might not even stand out around them, as scores of nutters moved to their Promised Land with the same set of psychoses and intact delusional systems (minus the stabbings in bed part). They're insular and would never report to LE, even if he went after them. They'd just dispose of him.

by Anonymousreply 188November 26, 2022 5:17 AM

^forgot the link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189November 26, 2022 5:18 AM

Mostly white people in Moscow, Idaho.

by Anonymousreply 190November 26, 2022 6:24 AM

Like this r146?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191November 26, 2022 7:06 AM

^ link for ^

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192November 26, 2022 7:07 AM

Jesus r150. The Investigators (inclusive of the FBI) beg to differ with you. Do does one require a massive expanse of primordial forest to sneak in and out of in order to be undetected at night? If you do, you must be quite obese.

by Anonymousreply 193November 26, 2022 7:13 AM

By the way you can’t see large bushes and thickets from google earth.

by Anonymousreply 194November 26, 2022 7:15 AM

You sound so entitled r162. Remember you’re an armchair observer on a gossip website, not a a special investigation unit of the FBI. You are owed no evidence.

by Anonymousreply 195November 26, 2022 7:27 AM

I demand to speak to the manager!!!

by Anonymousreply 196November 26, 2022 9:06 AM

So many misunderstandings

So. (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm obviously confused too) We do not know the food truck guy's name or identity. The idea this is a prolific douchy hunter names Jack S. is based on the FALSE ASSUMPTION that this very Jack S. would be Kaylee's bf Jack. This assumption was made by web sleuths because his name is Jack and he is in Moscow and NO other reason.

I for one think FTG is our actual Jack. Jack D., Kaylees ex-bf. He looks and dresses like him and arrives with the girls. So that is what I think regardless if he is the killer or not. I'm flip flopping on the issue if he's suspicious. The "he is a 20 year old college student!!" arguments are bs, that would only make him fit the profile. But the 13th of the month slasher theory seems shockingly solid.

by Anonymousreply 197November 26, 2022 9:45 AM

It is infuriating to me that this murder of straights gets a part four and yet the discussion of the Club Q murders has died.

by Anonymousreply 198November 26, 2022 10:35 AM

I'm thinking that local LE will be more and more tight-lipped about details they give out until they arrest somebody. It's the right thing to do. We can hypothesize all we want while we're waiting for an arrest because we want justice for those four young people. I appreciate hearing these theories here from clear thinkers. It's beginning to feel like the Jon-Benet case. Just years of nothing and question marks - pretty frustrating.

by Anonymousreply 199November 26, 2022 10:41 AM

R198 It’s called “being a mystery”, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 200November 26, 2022 10:51 AM

The No. 2 Ladies' Internet Detective Agency seems to have gotten bored with the Jacks and Jake.

The Twitter division was off to an early start on Black Friday with a woman who pretends to have a high-level career solving war crimes and tracking extreemist [sic] networks. She didn't understand that time of pronounced death has nothing to do with the actual time of death and crafted a narrative in which a mortally wounded Ethan dragged himself to one of the surviving roommate's phones, used it to place the 911 call, and then died a hero's death as soon as he hung up. Others jumped on the idea that Ethan survived for hours as a proof that he had time to get rid of the knife after stabbing himself and the three women.

The YouTube division has a psychic who thinks it was Ethan's male triplet. She also thinks it was a baguette maker. She got very Dataloungey when her spirit guides presented a vision of the latter and she said something like, "I don't think he's white. He might be Italian."

And over at the Reddit division, today's suspect is the law student who said he used to see lots of people in the windows when he walked his dog at night, and that there were always parties and people in and out. He's obviously a peeping Tom, because who but a peeping Tom would notice that there was a loud party house right next door?

by Anonymousreply 201November 26, 2022 10:55 AM

I had a run-in with the women on Reddit like r127 described and someone on here referred to them as "Ovarian Barbarians" and now I can't read one of their bitchy know-it-all screeds without thinking about it.

by Anonymousreply 202November 26, 2022 10:57 AM

[quote]She didn't understand that time of pronounced death has nothing to do with the actual time of death

I was SO SURE she was trolling and then I read her entire Twitter and realized that no, no she was not trolling, she is just very stupid.

by Anonymousreply 203November 26, 2022 10:58 AM

Did you see the one where she got all huffy because she has 600+ new followers that she's forced to correct when they're too stupid to follow along with her batshit theories? Yikes.

At least the extreemists are getting a break from her sleuthin' and trackin'.

by Anonymousreply 204November 26, 2022 11:05 AM

General note: Idaho is not the Pacific Northwest, as no part of it touches the Pacific. It’s like calling Ohio the east coast.

by Anonymousreply 205November 26, 2022 12:14 PM

I hope you folks have perused R77 above. It pretty much convinces me that this crime was committed by a bona fide serial killer, who very likely did not know the victims, had maybe been watching their house for a while, but is likely from out of town and did not know them. The coincidences with the 2 previous killings are just too clear. The killings happened on the 13th of the month, 3 different months of course, and it's not accidental. I don't think speculation about the victims' acquaintances, etc., is going to get anywhere. The best hope is likely fingerprints left at the scene, if the perp had ever been fingerprinted before. Considering his hobby (murder), he likely was wearing surgical gloves, but that's just a hunch. Time will tell.

by Anonymousreply 206November 26, 2022 12:26 PM

R77 is blocked so no, that's not going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 207November 26, 2022 12:47 PM

r205 you probably should have looked it up on Wikipedia first

[quote]Though no official boundary exists, the most common conception includes the U.S. states of Oregon, Washington, and Idaho, and the Canadian province of British Columbia.

by Anonymousreply 208November 26, 2022 1:24 PM

R185 that and a bit of a social contagion . My brother and his wife bought a new house in spring and invested in some security cameras because the neighbors had them too . They never really thought about it until the saw other people with them .

by Anonymousreply 209November 26, 2022 1:32 PM

Yeah, R208, I grew up in Oregon, Washington, Idaho. It all seems like one to me, and the people from BC seem like homies, too.

by Anonymousreply 210November 26, 2022 2:03 PM

OK I'll repeat the link. Everyone interested in this case needs to read this. This is probably the answer. Not a good answer because it would be a serial killer stabbing random people in their beds at 3am on the 13th.(Or a cult doing that, I guess??)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211November 26, 2022 2:52 PM

^It's just about got to be the same killer. A psycho. All committed on the 13th of the month, it appears.

by Anonymousreply 212November 26, 2022 2:55 PM

There's an Indian Reservation close by. That's where I'm looking, vs the Frat house.

by Anonymousreply 213November 26, 2022 3:07 PM

The Vibrations are suggesting to me a VERY strong, wiry, deranged, former Marine.

by Anonymousreply 214November 26, 2022 3:16 PM

[quote] It is infuriating to me that this murder of straights gets a part four and yet the discussion of the Club Q murders has died.

Two of the Club Q victims were straight.

by Anonymousreply 215November 26, 2022 3:21 PM

This case is a mystery. The Club Q case is not mysterious, it was committed by someone who seems likely to have all kinds of mental problems. The problem in that case is the easy access the crazy have to highly deadly weapons. Same as for the Walmart shooting, most recently: that killer appears to have been certifiably insane.

by Anonymousreply 216November 26, 2022 3:25 PM

That one is solved r198. There is no mystery. Of who the killerr is and no public appeals needed to find the person. Stop reading everything as a fucking example of perceived slights. I’m sure there are plenty of real ones without making them up. The Delphi killer was found and those threads are now dead except the occasional posts. “fucking straights” is an idiotic thing to say.

by Anonymousreply 217November 26, 2022 3:38 PM

Has the murder of the woman( and her dog) in Piedmont park ever been solved? That’s another haunting one. She was a lesbian and some thought it might be her girlfriend but I don’t see much about it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 218November 26, 2022 3:48 PM

I’m always wondering about that one, R218. You’d think if it had been the girlfriend she would’ve been charged by now. Soooooooo many people here were convinced it was her.

by Anonymousreply 219November 26, 2022 3:52 PM

R218 perhaps there are some threads you could either participate in or start yourself about that specific crime.

by Anonymousreply 220November 26, 2022 3:52 PM

I'm a bit surprised that there haven't been more appeals to the public in this case such as, does anyone recognize these cars caught on camera in the vicinity of the murder house that morning?

I do wonder if the tire impressions State Police took outside the house has led investigators any where or just another dead end.

by Anonymousreply 221November 26, 2022 4:04 PM

There is a golf course and a botanical garden just 500 feet from that house. A nice DARK golf course...

by Anonymousreply 222November 26, 2022 4:11 PM

Sounds like that could’ve been a route of escape, just like the Presidio was for the Zodiac after he killed Paul Stine, r222.

by Anonymousreply 223November 26, 2022 4:22 PM

The whole golf course/botanical garden/arboretum complex WOULD have allowed him to walk quite far from that area, completely unobserved by anyone at that time of night.

by Anonymousreply 224November 26, 2022 4:33 PM

To kill four people in separate areas of a house seems calculated, not a rage killing.

by Anonymousreply 225November 26, 2022 4:41 PM

The "quiet storm," R225?

by Anonymousreply 226November 26, 2022 4:43 PM

R223, also like the GSK. He used power line fields as his escape route, which was ingenious (I’m not romanticizing a monster). I am very curious if LEO already suspected a serial killer on the loose, and that’s why we saw the FBI there so rapidly. Isn’t the FBI only called in if there is interstate travel of a killer? I was surprised at how quickly they were there, it seemed like it was immediate.

by Anonymousreply 227November 26, 2022 4:53 PM

R227 Wasn’t he the one that used some type of canal or waterways system in Sacramento to also slip in and out of neighborhoods?

by Anonymousreply 228November 26, 2022 5:15 PM

R228 Pennywise the clown?

by Anonymousreply 229November 26, 2022 5:17 PM

I’m beginning to think it is a serial killer. Initially, I thought stalker. I hope they get it solved sooner than later.

by Anonymousreply 230November 26, 2022 5:18 PM

They say the 3am murders aren't linked. But no media folk seem concerned that there are multiple people breaking into homes and killing people in their sleep. Talk about incurious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231November 26, 2022 5:27 PM

It doesn't seem that he walked out because the police dogs didn't go far from the house.

by Anonymousreply 232November 26, 2022 5:43 PM

The Police have said over and over they have reason to believe these were "targeted" killings, and said they can't disclose why they know that. Enough with the serial killer fantasies.

by Anonymousreply 233November 26, 2022 5:46 PM

The cops in Idaho like the cops in Uvalde appear to be morons.

by Anonymousreply 234November 26, 2022 5:52 PM

Murder cases have about a 50 percent rate for solution these days. Look it up. It's not like TV.

by Anonymousreply 235November 26, 2022 5:55 PM

Yes, a lot go unsolved. But this isn't a knifing on a random sidewalk. The fact that someone can walk into a house full of people, slaughter most of them with a knife, and casually peddle off is fucking crazy.

by Anonymousreply 236November 26, 2022 6:04 PM

R236, he's a peddler? How do you know that?

by Anonymousreply 237November 26, 2022 6:05 PM

It was Jack, with a machete, on a unicycle!

by Anonymousreply 238November 26, 2022 6:10 PM

R231, who says people aren't concerned? But there are murders happening everywhere, everyday

by Anonymousreply 239November 26, 2022 6:10 PM

I'm confident the FBI will solve this one. They were on scene almost immediately and many reports have been that the killer was sloppy.

by Anonymousreply 240November 26, 2022 6:13 PM

Just get the killers DN fucking A from the crime scene.

by Anonymousreply 241November 26, 2022 6:25 PM

Exactly.

by Anonymousreply 242November 26, 2022 6:27 PM

We're on it!

by Anonymousreply 243November 26, 2022 6:32 PM

The length of time it’s taking to identify a killer makes me think it might be Alec Murdaugh.

by Anonymousreply 244November 26, 2022 6:35 PM

Great news! Extreemist Hunter is directing the investigation from her Twitter command post now. An arrest could come at any second.

[quote]Those boundaries came 4 hours after my call to homicide ensuring they review #osint digital media from geotagged photos I emailed them. It's plausible #idahosuspect on foot. SAR air track k9 team, not 1 dog later would have been critical. This is why #sigmachi party pics needed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245November 26, 2022 7:19 PM

The two women who worked as waitresses, it was mentioned upthread that being pleasant to customers to ensure a good tip can easily be misinterpreted. I hope the police are checking for solo male diners who are repeat customers. The other waitresses will know who they are. Being turned down or finding out she has a boyfriend leads to “she lead me on” rage.

by Anonymousreply 246November 26, 2022 7:30 PM

r225 That's a typical rage killing actually. Running amok.

by Anonymousreply 247November 26, 2022 7:47 PM

This comment under the article linked @ R211 draws a few parallels:

[quote]There's quite a bit more than just similar weapons and "attacks while sleeping" to possibly tie the three crimes together. All occcured within a 5 hour drive of Moscow. All happened right around 3 am. All were on the 13th of a month. All occurred on weekends. All were stabbings. All victims were attacked in their own homes. All were attacked in their sleep. All crimes included at least one female brunette victim. Two involved a couple, male & female. Two occurred in towns named after other places: Salem & Moscow. There is a marked escalation in the scope of the crime from the 1st (1 vic) to the 2nd (2 vics) to the 3rd (4 vics). The first murder here, of Ms. Ladd, may well be an outlier: Even serials often experience their first kill "in the spur of the moment." That victim is most often known to the killer, with some small thing prompting the attack -- or they're seen as an "easy opportunity" victim. The 1st kill also often correlates more directly to the real person the killer is "re-enacting" as their idealized victim (often a mother figure or former partner, often someone they had a love-hate, toxic relationship with). The only real "experts" here are seasoned serial investigators who have had the chance to study all three crime scenes carefully, along w/accessing all relevant interviews & info gathered. That's really where someone experienced might start to see patterns within those larger patterns. Staging, style, signature, etc.

by Anonymousreply 248November 26, 2022 7:59 PM

^And if the cops thought there IS a connection, at this point they would very likely deny it, is what I think.

by Anonymousreply 249November 26, 2022 8:04 PM

House is only about 2000 feet from the Washington State line, too. That seems kind of odd too.

by Anonymousreply 250November 26, 2022 8:10 PM

To the poster upthread concerned that the Colorado Springs shooting only has one thread - there's at least one more about his father, the conservative Republican porn-star MMA-fighter meth-head.

by Anonymousreply 251November 26, 2022 8:34 PM

These kids smell like nasty waspy bullies to me. They rolled some poor sap down a hill in a trash can and he had enough!

by Anonymousreply 252November 26, 2022 9:58 PM

A hundred million fingerprints... a hundred million fingerprints Are scattered round the scene And those who say they don't agree Are those who neither hear nor see...

*cough*cough* Nancy!! Go get me some more ciggies and a vodka tonic!

by Anonymousreply 253November 26, 2022 11:13 PM

But if he wore surgical gloves?

by Anonymousreply 254November 26, 2022 11:16 PM

R254 I have it on good authority that Jello Biafra is a person of interest in this case

by Anonymousreply 255November 26, 2022 11:23 PM

This is interesting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256November 26, 2022 11:39 PM

This is interesting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257November 26, 2022 11:40 PM

Sorry for the double post.

by Anonymousreply 258November 26, 2022 11:54 PM

I’m assuming once they (hopefully) solve this case they’re going to tear down this monstrosity of a house and plant grass over the hillside.

by Anonymousreply 259November 27, 2022 12:00 AM

The should tear down Chris watts house and put a small park there.

Ain’t nobody gonna buy that murder house

by Anonymousreply 260November 27, 2022 12:16 AM

No curtains on the bedroom windows?

by Anonymousreply 261November 27, 2022 12:24 AM

Don’t ever go in those woods, do you hear me?

by Anonymousreply 262November 27, 2022 12:25 AM

Is it me, or does the guy at R256 look like he's looking at the big tree to the side of the house rather than the building across the street? The murder house is situated higher than the apartment building, and he's on the third floor.

It must have been Madison's room because she and Xana were the two Pi Phis.

by Anonymousreply 263November 27, 2022 12:27 AM

I'm going to MARY! myself into oblivion thinking about some creeper lounging in the tree just outside my bedroom window when I go to bed tonight.

by Anonymousreply 264November 27, 2022 12:32 AM

The folks on Reddit show in detail how there are apartment buildings all around that house. The FBI agent was apparently there to examine that line of sight from that window, among other things. Someone speculated they could be trying to determine if someone could have watched the door below with binoculars, in order to obtain the entry code...

by Anonymousreply 265November 27, 2022 12:33 AM

I know where the apartment buildings on that side of the house are. In the direction the FBI agent is looking, there's the beige one across the street where Reddit is seeing their law-school suspect's GoPro cameras in windows, and there's the brick building where he actually lives.

His eyes aren't looking far enough to his right to see the brick building, and he would be looking above the roof of the beige one.

by Anonymousreply 266November 27, 2022 12:48 AM

Awww r264 these types of crimes spook me. Make me uneasy

If you have the Peacock channel, watch Mrs Harris goes to Paris. It’s completely charming and will cleanse your mind/thoughts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267November 27, 2022 1:03 AM

"To kill four people in separate areas of a house seems calculated, not a rage killing."

Except we don't know that all the killings were in different parts of the house, for all we know one or two persons were targeted, and the others were killed because they got up to see if the party had revived.

I think that's the likeliest scenario, a rage killing that snowballed, but of course I have too little information to rule out a serial killer, because the authorities aren't releasing information. They probably wouldn't release information about a serial killer even if they were convinced they knew one, they really don't want to deal with the PNW-wide panic, or the insane enthusiasm of every True Crime buff on the fucking internet.

by Anonymousreply 268November 27, 2022 1:04 AM

IMHO that part of Moscow, Idaho, has enough tree cover for someone who knew how to move in forest to cover blocks or miles without being seen. I can't imagine the streets in that neighborhood are well-lit at night, so if the killer had indeed targeted that house, he could move through a good chunk of the town under cover, without being photographed or being seen by anyone sober.

The cops must have a good idea of where he parked and what path he took to his car, because there must have been enough blood on him for any decent bloodhound to work with. But if the car was on pavement there wouldn't be any tire impression, and I don't think dogs can follow the scent of people who get into cars and drive off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269November 27, 2022 1:08 AM

[Quote][R236], he's a peddler? How do you know that?

Bai Ling as Jack, the Peddler on the Roof, in Sorority Slashfest #1: Moscow Murder Mayhem

by Anonymousreply 270November 27, 2022 1:45 AM

Fascinating 1:10 minute convo with an FBI agent about what is going on with the investigation and clues that have been dropped accidentally by the cops and coroner:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271November 27, 2022 1:48 AM

R272 - with special guest star, Dick Delaware!

by Anonymousreply 272November 27, 2022 2:29 AM

I can’t be bothered to listen to that full hour and eleven minute Twitter Spaces conversation. In a nutshell, please?

by Anonymousreply 273November 27, 2022 2:33 AM

R260 A family did just buy the Chris Watts house. I think I’d be ok living in that house, but this one - no way. They need to tear it down after the killer is caught.

by Anonymousreply 274November 27, 2022 3:23 AM

R271 this was good I hope this guy does these regularly with big cases because something sober and undramatic like this is exactly the kind of commentary I like.

by Anonymousreply 275November 27, 2022 3:28 AM

Kaylees dad went off book and claimed that "one of the kids" was targeted,(makes me think it was Kaylee) much to LE's consternation, I'm sure. The cop/agent asked about this, was pretty glib, and said that he's well within his rights to divulge such details, if he wanted to.

That said, her sister has obviously been muzzled.

Saw an article with a photo of Maddies pink cowboy boots in her window. Jesus. Those poor kids. Hope they solve this thing soon.

by Anonymousreply 276November 27, 2022 3:32 AM

It made me sad when they tore down Jeffrey Dahmer’s apartment building. Come on, that’s HISTORY you’re destroying right there!

Just imagine if they had torn down the Borden house and fraus, goths, and gays couldn’t spend weekends there using the Oujia board and feeling spooooooked?

by Anonymousreply 277November 27, 2022 3:33 AM

OT, r277 - but I was SO disappointed with Chloe Sevigny's passion project about the Borden killings, "Lizzie". Fuck. It was absolutely a no good, leafy pile of shit.

by Anonymousreply 278November 27, 2022 3:40 AM

That’s a tough one, r274. In this house, you'll have to deal with puking ghosts flashing their tits, taking selfies, spilling their chug jugs, and screaming “whooohooooo!” all night. And god help you if you don’t put up 92 strands of fairy lights the day you move in.

In the Watts house, you’ll be under constant supernatural pressure to sign up for the latest MSM. “Haven’t you ever dreamed of being a #BossBabe and owning your own Fortune 500 company?! Hon, I can help you get there!” Also, your food choices will be severely limited because deadly allergies transcend death.

by Anonymousreply 279November 27, 2022 3:48 AM

Police dogs led investigators to the wooded area above the house. (there's video of this) If you recall there's an open area there that can accommodate parking. It's dirt, not paved. Police taped off the area (also video of this and commentary from that on-scene idiot newsman Ted Something from Fox News).

So something happened up there. Perhaps the perp parked there, observed the house, then walked down through the brush to approach the house.

by Anonymousreply 280November 27, 2022 3:49 AM

R252, nothing about these kids reads waspy. The blonds especially look like dumbfuck lower-middle class/white trash.

(God rest their souls.)

by Anonymousreply 281November 27, 2022 6:42 AM

Those poor dead kids give me the impression middle class or lower middle class, flyover middle class with no taste of sophistication. Kids who are trying to struggle out of a disadvantaged background don't have time or money for "Greek life" and nonstop partying. That kind of college lifestyle is for kids who don't think they have to worry too much about their futures... or who don't realize they need to worry about their futures.

by Anonymousreply 282November 27, 2022 7:47 AM

R273, what I remember from the Twitter talk: the FBI woman doesn't think there's a connection to the OR/WA murders (so not a serial killer).

She thinks the fact that the police haven't backed down from their initial statement about it being "targeted" means that they found very clear evidence of one of them being the chosen victim while the others were collateral damage. She goes so far as mentioning, for example., decapitation. This would also counter the serial killer theory.

She says the public should be on alert because the killer is obviously capable of a heinous crime when he feels aggrieved, which could happen again.

It was an interesting listen, despite the FBI woman's internet problems and my slight distaste at the journalist's eagerness for a big story. But I'm here too, so I'm no better.

by Anonymousreply 283November 27, 2022 10:48 AM

“Apparently” and “speculated” are the two key words used by r265. You’re trying to hold onto your point of view that actually is not even factual. You have no clue why fbi was back in the house other than seeing an investigator in the window and assuming what he is looking at sightlines because of one zoomed in photo. This is why Redditors get zero respect.

by Anonymousreply 284November 27, 2022 10:49 AM

^The people who live near that house have been observing the cops in the house intently, and that reddit contains a lot of what THEY say they have SEEN the agents doing in the house and around it. THAT is why snarky assholes like you get no respect. Read the HUNDREDS of comments made about the photos on that thread and get back if you feel like it. Personally, don't care.

by Anonymousreply 285November 27, 2022 11:35 AM

Saw a filmed interview with the father, brother, and sister of one of the two "blondes." The sister said that it was she who found and obtained the food truck video and gave it to the police, originally. So yeah, her family is already somewhat suspicious of the quality of the work being done on the case.

by Anonymousreply 286November 27, 2022 11:37 AM

The reporter from that Twitter talk is going to Moscow on Sunday, to cover the story for News Nation on site. He and the FBI agent discussed that there is a "vigil" in the town tomorrow, on Monday, for when the college kids get back to town from their Thanksgiving break ( and it sounds like QUITE a lot of them won't be coming back this semester). The FBI agent said that the cops would certainly expect the killer to attend the vigil, and the implication was that they would be photographing and filming everyone there. It ought to be an interesting event.

by Anonymousreply 287November 27, 2022 11:56 AM

"The FBI agent said that the cops would certainly expect the killer to attend the vigil"

Why would that be certain?

by Anonymousreply 288November 27, 2022 12:35 PM

According to Kaylee's family she was in the process of moving out and was only back in town that weekend to show Madison her new car (I read somewhere that she was supposed to return for the rest of her time until graduation on tuesday ) . Wouldn't that make her the second person who wasn't meant to be there that night and rule her out as the target , leaving only Xana and Madison for that "role"? Or the BGs and it was a mix up . Xana is the also the only one who isn't blonde (or bottle blonde) .

by Anonymousreply 289November 27, 2022 12:42 PM

If one was targeted and the rest were collateral damage, might they be holding back that information, even from the families, to keep animosity between they to the minimum so the three others don’t turn on and blame the that family?

by Anonymousreply 290November 27, 2022 1:40 PM

I read a really interesting theory on Reddit where it was a kitchen worker in the restaurant where one of them waited tables. They would know how to use a knife and cut around bone. There’s always resentment between front of house and back of house.

The poster thinks that everyone was hanging out together after work and he may have developed a crush on this girl and gotten turned down. Working with her while not having feeling returned could’ve made an angry incel kitchen person snap.

by Anonymousreply 291November 27, 2022 2:58 PM

Were they also a sous chef?

by Anonymousreply 292November 27, 2022 3:00 PM

^There is a meat processing plant very close by. Lots of VERY sharp knives and spatterproof bodysuits galore.

by Anonymousreply 293November 27, 2022 3:01 PM

What do y’all think about Kaylee’s father?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294November 27, 2022 3:41 PM

The dead roommates aren't wasps, R252. One of the poor dead women's obituary pics is of her with her hands lifting her hair. A commenter on reddit said it was her "signature" pose. Wasp women would never pose like that and again, it's a hick's idea of glamour, like the poster in the other thread said. These poor victims were hicks/lower class - which doesn't mean their families didn't have some money. Lot's of lower class people work in relatively high paying blue-collar jobs - think railway workers, oil patch, certain trades, construction etc...

by Anonymousreply 295November 27, 2022 3:55 PM

Define hicks then, tiresome Hicks Troll.

by Anonymousreply 296November 27, 2022 4:44 PM

R285 = femcel

by Anonymousreply 297November 27, 2022 5:08 PM

I’m not r295 & I don’t know how they define hicks.

WASPs are preppy & understated. These ladies were not that.

by Anonymousreply 298November 27, 2022 5:57 PM

WASPs can be trashy.

by Anonymousreply 299November 27, 2022 6:06 PM

The obit mentioned by r285 is a doozy.

[quote](after writing a very decisive letter with Kaylee to their parents of the reasons)

[quote]it was well-known by all who knew her to never let her get hungry!

[quote]We will think of her forever surrounded by pink sparkly things that are tiny and cute because that’s exactly how we picture Maddie.

[quote]Karen Laramie, her mother, with whom she shared the greatest bond a mother and daughter can have; Scott Laramie, her beloved dad; Benjamin Mogen, her loving father, who is married to Korie Hatrock;

[quote]We are comforted by the fact that Maddie is forever encircled in her Grandma Ruth’s arms in heaven.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300November 27, 2022 6:11 PM

R300 Sydney Sweeney is furiously scribbling down notes.

by Anonymousreply 301November 27, 2022 6:20 PM

R300 yikes I better add a pre written obituary to my will I won’t let that happen to me

by Anonymousreply 302November 27, 2022 6:32 PM

R294 I'd do him.

by Anonymousreply 303November 27, 2022 7:53 PM

Someone uploaded a series of drone photos of the house from all angles. Google's satellite view has green foliage, so maybe this will clear up some of the questions about the size and density of the wooded area at this time of year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304November 27, 2022 8:44 PM

Idk that obit makes me sad, that was a damn child.

by Anonymousreply 305November 27, 2022 9:09 PM

r291 Madison and Xana both worked at the same restaurant. But "a kitchen worker would know how to use a knife" is a pretty weak argument.

by Anonymousreply 306November 27, 2022 9:12 PM

So many Nancy Drews on this thread--key word NANCY.

by Anonymousreply 307November 27, 2022 9:14 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308November 27, 2022 9:29 PM

^^^ so it is the case then that the FBI was not called in immediately to assist in this case. In fact it was 6 days later. Six days later dogs were brought in. Six days later tire impressions were taken, etc. What a mess.

by Anonymousreply 309November 27, 2022 9:42 PM

Damn you, Michael Myers!

by Anonymousreply 310November 27, 2022 9:58 PM

R306 who doesn't know how to use a knife? i don't understand this at all. some podcast was going off on a tangent like this "he must have worked with blood, he must have been some kind of professional butcher." they're also in small town Idaho what man isn't comfortable with a hunting knife ffs

by Anonymousreply 311November 27, 2022 10:06 PM

Someone who can enter a home and kill four people with little-to-no screaming and creating relatively little disruption to two other flatmates and surrounding neighbours is more than likely skilled with a knife much more than your average person.

by Anonymousreply 312November 27, 2022 10:09 PM

R312 you can't scream after getting stabbed if your throat or lungs are damaged. physically overpowering sleeping drunk girls is trivial for any adult male

by Anonymousreply 313November 27, 2022 10:10 PM

R313 - you sound like you have experience.

by Anonymousreply 314November 27, 2022 10:38 PM

Since the conversation is slow at the moment, I'd like to share a resource for determining whether or not your source of information is trustworthy.

This seems to be an issue, particularly for those who grew up before the internet.

There is no shame in not knowing, only in refusing to learn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315November 27, 2022 10:48 PM

The News Literacy Project offers several free resources for the public, including an e-learning platform, an app, a new podcast, shareable tips, tools, quizzes and an annual news literacy event. Check them out!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316November 27, 2022 10:52 PM

[Quote]This seems to be an issue, particularly for those who grew up before the internet.Q

You do amuse. Those of us who were around before the internet have known and do recognize real journalism. Plus we learned to question what we read. Who's writing the story, for whom and why.

It's those who've come after us who are posting n'importe quoi from the twitter.sphere.

by Anonymousreply 317November 27, 2022 11:26 PM

IMHO being able to cut up meat isn't anywhere near the same thing as being able to kill quickly and quietly!

If you want someone killed call a hunter, especially one who knows how to hunt without using a gun, and if you want a corpse dismembered call a butcher.

by Anonymousreply 318November 28, 2022 12:01 AM

Which one had an onlyfans??

by Anonymousreply 319November 28, 2022 12:15 AM

Really? No comment on Kaylee's dad at r294? Look how his answer changes when the reporter askes, "The police are saying it was a targeted attack". Her father gets a wave of nervousness and has a mini rant about defunding the police. Doesn't even acknowledge the question. Then he makes it a point to say "We're holding our tongues". There's not a lot of different ways to interpret his answer.

by Anonymousreply 320November 28, 2022 1:22 AM

[quote]There's not a lot of different ways to interpret his answer.

I’m not following. Do you mean that he wants to point the finger at Xana as the one who was targeted?

Admittedly, I was half asleep when I watched his interview last night. When he mentioned information from his PI that the police didn’t want him to repeat, I just assumed he had additional info on Xana’s parents’ history…or her mother’s recent arrest, specifically, and he was frustrated that they don’t want that being discussed.

by Anonymousreply 321November 28, 2022 3:37 AM

Xana, like Xanax. That's just awful.

by Anonymousreply 322November 28, 2022 3:45 AM

Why was Xana’s mother arrested?

I saw the part of that interview with the dad. It was odd how he started talking about defund the police. I think he wanted to be critical of them, but not come off as a police hater.

by Anonymousreply 323November 28, 2022 3:48 AM

I think he wanted to be critical of them because he knows they know who it is, in fact everyone close to the investigation knows who it is. Victims' families have been warned not to reveal who's on their radar. That why he avoided that question altogether. His, "we're holding our tongues" comment was probably honest, and it must be very frustrating to know all that they know without being able to vocalize it.

by Anonymousreply 324November 28, 2022 4:01 AM

R311, I think they were mostly trying to speculate on who could be a constant presence in their lives without being a member of their direct social circle. Hunters obviously are valid but we don’t know if they were hanging around guys that hunt.

I’m sure investigators are talking with people who worked with her at the restaurant for this very reason. Kitchen worker was a smart guess because there is workplace tension in that dynamic and they have to careful around knives.

I thought it was an interesting theory at least.

by Anonymousreply 325November 28, 2022 4:09 AM

[quote]I think he wanted to be critical of them because he knows they know who it is, in fact everyone close to the investigation knows who it is.

Can’t wait until the arrest happens. Have any idea when that’ll be?

by Anonymousreply 326November 28, 2022 4:17 AM

R323, her most recent arrest was a 4-5 days before the murders, on an outstanding warrant and drug possession.

When I heard him mention information from his PI—combined with Kaylee’s sister always pointing out that she’s only speaking for her family and Madison’s—that’s where my sleepy mind went.

After seeing him come out of left field, on Fox News of course, with the defund-the-police talk, I suspect he wouldn’t be averse to shifting the focus to drug gangs sending messages.

by Anonymousreply 327November 28, 2022 4:28 AM

[Quote]So many Nancy Drews on this thread--key word NANCY.

Actually, I'm a private dick.

by Anonymousreply 328November 28, 2022 5:25 AM

I cannot believe that the police know who did this — that would mean that they know what they’re doing, and no disrespect to the dedicated men and women of the Moscow PD, but they simply lack the experience for a case this big. I also cannot believe that they know who it is and have no way to detain the suspect, that’s just bananas.

by Anonymousreply 329November 28, 2022 5:38 AM

The reddit people found out that Maddie's stepmother was also arrested on drug charges.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330November 28, 2022 6:12 AM

They seemed determined to throw water on the rumor that Kaylee had a stalker. Her sister was adamant - said they talked every day (I thinks he said "for hours"), that Kaylee told her everything, that she absolutely would have known if Kaylee thought she had a stalker. And it's been said before - but they seemed to completely dismiss the notion that it was ex-bf Jack.

by Anonymousreply 331November 28, 2022 6:13 AM

I don't think the FBI would wait for very long if they really did know who did this. The risk of this guy killing somebody else is too great. I know they need probable cause and all that, but if they know he did it, they must have some real evidence, so wouldn't that be enough to arrest on suspicion, whatever it is?

by Anonymousreply 332November 28, 2022 6:16 AM

Wow. I had no idea about Madison's stepmother. I thought the wording of that part of the obituary was weird (which is why I included it at R300), but I just assumed it was a case of the mother or her family using the obit to air their bad blood with the father.

[quote]Karen Laramie, her mother, with whom she shared the greatest bond a mother and daughter can have; Scott Laramie, her beloved dad; Benjamin Mogen, her loving father, who is married to Korie Hatrock

I still think it's a strange place for that sort of thing, but there's clearly more going on than just: "We refuse to acknowledge your wife as a stepmother, just because."

These families are batting a thousand, but Ethan's seem normal.

by Anonymousreply 333November 28, 2022 6:32 AM

How odd is it that two victims have a mother/step-mother arrested in drug charges within days of the murders?

by Anonymousreply 334November 28, 2022 6:43 AM

Oh, and apparently the two incarcerated women have known each other for years.

by Anonymousreply 335November 28, 2022 6:45 AM

I would imagine stress and grief of your child being slaughtered would definitely ignite a need for drugs in a barely sober parent and they’d make mistakes securing it on the streets getting picked up by police.

by Anonymousreply 336November 28, 2022 6:52 AM

One of the women was arrested on the 7th, the other on the 19th.

by Anonymousreply 337November 28, 2022 7:00 AM

I'm curious why the attacks on the Oregon couple were dismissed as not the work of the same assailant. A serial killer doesn't necessarily have to use the same weapon or MOs for entering, or slash and stab with similar frenzy. Or that he can't/won't target a particular individual in different slayings. Just because one of the victims bore the brunt in this incident doesn't mean that he couldn't have been the perpetrator of the other(s).

by Anonymousreply 338November 28, 2022 7:03 AM

[Quote]One of the women was arrested on the 7th, the other on the 19th.

Yeah, well this is getting zero consideration from me until it's linked. And not to some reddit wanker.

by Anonymousreply 339November 28, 2022 7:20 AM

I have no idea about Madison's stepmother, but:

Current Inmate List (PDF) ---> Page 79-80

KERNODLE, CARA DENISE

Incarceration Date: 11/20/2022 12:01:24AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340November 28, 2022 7:31 AM

At the same link as above, you can find Korie Lynne Hatrock, Madison's stepmother (in the incarceration list). In the odd obituary from r333 "Benjamin Morgan, her loving father, who is married to Korie Hatrock. "

I have no dog in this hunt, but I thought it would be interesting to see if both women were incarcerated in the same place. And they are.

by Anonymousreply 341November 28, 2022 7:54 AM

Should have listed page 64:

HATROCK, KORIE LYNN Incarceration Date: 11/7/2022 5:45:34PM Scheduled Release Date: 64 NOTE: Bonds listed with zero or blank amounts may mean the inmate is sentenced or not bondable on that offense. Kootenai County Jail - Current Inmate List With Pending Bonds Current as of 11/28/2022 12:00:57AM Court Arrest DISTRICT COURT MITCHELL DIS COURT Arresting Agency: Arrest Date: Offense Description Related Case Arrest Location: Arresting Officer: Arrest Type: Remaining Bond Due 11/7/2022 3:00:00PM POSS OF CON SUB 1,2 DRUGS 2211DT

by Anonymousreply 342November 28, 2022 7:56 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343November 28, 2022 8:00 AM

No idea who these people are.

by Anonymousreply 344November 28, 2022 8:09 AM

Murdered children and two of the mothers on ice? Well this has to make for some interesting conversation in the exercise yard.

by Anonymousreply 345November 28, 2022 11:49 AM

Take any half dozen Idaho college kids and you will find a couple of methheads amongst the parents. There’s no connection.

by Anonymousreply 346November 28, 2022 12:08 PM

I've been rolling my eyes at all the accusations flying around but the neighbor actually hits my radar

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347November 28, 2022 12:12 PM

[quote] I think he wanted to be critical of them because he knows they know who it is, in fact everyone close to the investigation knows who it is. Victims' families have been warned not to reveal who's on their radar. That why he avoided that question altogether. His, "we're holding our tongues" comment was probably honest, and it must be very frustrating to know all that they know without being able to vocalize it.

Uh, no. I don’t believe for one second law enforcement know who did it. Second of all, even if they did, I doubt they would reveal that to the victims families unless an arrest was imminent. They’re holding their tongues because they were probably told to shut it. The other daughter was blabbing all over the place.

by Anonymousreply 348November 28, 2022 1:56 PM

The drug dealers of the mothers slaughtered their daughters to send a message and jailing the mothers was the only way to protect them.

by Anonymousreply 349November 28, 2022 2:22 PM

Those lunatics on Reddit are scary. They actually call in tips, based entirely on internets speculation.

by Anonymousreply 350November 28, 2022 2:31 PM

R350

Yeah that is precisely why the investigation is being silent about their findings. They even said this is the problem, that these so called 'sleuths' send them all kinds of baloney which they have to follow up and sends them on wild goose chases. They give out information and more speculation is made by these people who are in no way connected to the case and think an investigator cannot come up with leads on their own based on actual evidence. It's arrogant and time wasting for the investigators.

A good example is the Jack the Ripper case. There were so many stupid 'tips' sent in by attention seekers and armchair detectives once the 'letters' were received the police were massively overburdened.

by Anonymousreply 351November 28, 2022 2:44 PM

r342, she's been locked up for three weeks and it's only one charge. Kernodle has six possession charges, though, and one warrant of detention. I don't know what a "warrant of detention" charge is but it's odd that they haven't been released yet, especially Hatrock. I suppose she's alienated all who could bond her out.

I don't think these arrests are related to the murders, though.

by Anonymousreply 352November 28, 2022 2:59 PM

Neighbor Jeremy is probably just a little touched in the head, but I laughed at how uncomfortable he looked when he said "I went to bed early that night and woke up to... a bunch of normal." He couldn't have acted more guilty if he tried.

by Anonymousreply 353November 28, 2022 3:05 PM

R347, he very noticeably tenses up when he’s asked where he was that night. The rest of the time he’s smiling and almost giddy.

by Anonymousreply 354November 28, 2022 3:15 PM

Meh. Not impossible and I noticed that he is a law student, carries a gun and has been walking his dog past the murder house noticing the going ons, plus is somewhat interested in giving interviews, which all could be used to somewhat build a case in a crime novel. But obviously that's very weak and overall he seems harmless and normal. His attitude to the crime is the "Holy shit!" mix of almost giddiness and schock we all have.

by Anonymousreply 355November 28, 2022 3:33 PM

Korie is NOT a stepmother. She is Maddie’s father’s wife. One only has a stepmother when one’s actual mother is dead otherwise out of the picture.

I realize people describe a father’s wife as a stepmother all the time. People are sloppy.

by Anonymousreply 356November 28, 2022 3:44 PM

R354 I posted the video personally I think he's just on the spectrum. The kooky dingbats on youtube and reddit are going after dominoes drivers from 6 month old yelp reviews

by Anonymousreply 357November 28, 2022 4:36 PM

A post from facebook regarding the initial 911 call, apparently from someone who has knowledge of how that went down. Still a lot of people casting suspicion on the roommates and about the "unconscious" description.

“Two people who claimed to be at the house with the roommates when the bodies were discovered quickly came to the surviving roommates defense and wrote that the roommates woke up, went upstairs to the kitchen and noticed the sliding glass door was open and it was during that time they discovered Ethan. They didn’t say where he was found on that floor but that it was so horrific that both girls went into shock and ran out of the house. One of the roommates fainted and the other was beyond hysterical and not making any sense.

Their frantic action’s while coming out of the house caught the attention of people walking past, the people responding on the victim’s IG, claimed to be two of those people.

They implied that the roommate who fainted had already dialed 911 but was so distraught that she fainted before she could give any info that the dispatcher could understand.

The only info that the bystander who picked up the roommates phone could give the 911 dispatcher was she just saw her friend run out of the house and faint. That’s how the 911 call was made on the “roommates”phone and by someone else. And why the call went out for an unconscious person.

While that bystander was on the phone with 911 the other roommate was hysterically trying to explain that something was wrong with Ethan. By this point several more people had stopped to see what was happening and one or two of them went into the house to see if they could help him.

There were multiple people in the yard at that time and those people began contacting their friends that someone in the house was badly hurt. Someone called Ethan’s brother Hunter to tell him something was wrong with his brother because he lived close to the house and someone called one of the other victims boyfriend as he was also Ethan’s best friend.

They didn’t go into detail on if either of those boys had arrived before the paramedics did but it did kind of sounded like they did.

They didn’t go into detail on what kind of injuries Ethan suffered. They also didn’t say if anyone went to check on the other roommates before the paramedics arrived but it somewhat implied that someone had. The only details they gave about the scene itself was that it was incomprehensible bloody.

While those people were in the house checking on Ethan and possibly the other roommates, the paramedics arrived to a very chaotic scene believing they were there to assess an unconscious person outside but were redirected to go inside to help someone who was hurt very badly. So they walked into the house unaware that it was a crime scene contaminated most of everything on the second floor.

It doesn’t sound like the roommates were roaming throughout the house carelessly contaminating everything fully aware that their friends had been murdered. It sounds like the scene was contaminated by numerous people who were trying to help unaware and unable to comprehend what they were looking at and that it was a crime scene.

My heart breaks for these two poor innocent young females. Not only have they experienced a trauma so brutal that it can’t not change who they are at their core, but they also have to live with the fear that someone might be coming for them, and they grief of loss 4 friends plus a life that they once had that will never exist again.

And if that wasn’t traumatizing enough they also get to live with millions of people publicly criticizing, persecuting, and incorrectly judging them for actions people assume they may have or not have taken.

Some of the the comments left on the IG pictures of the victims especially the ones the survivors were tagged in were beyond nasty if not right down cruel. I don’t understand how our society become so inhumane.

It sounds like the two surviving roommates behaviors were 100% appropriate for the situation they found themselves in.”

by Anonymousreply 358November 28, 2022 6:23 PM

[quote] My heart breaks for these two poor innocent young females. Not only have they experienced a trauma so brutal that it can’t not change who they are at their core, but they also have to live with the fear that someone might be coming for them, and they grief of loss 4 friends plus a life that they once had that will never exist again.

M A R Y !

by Anonymousreply 359November 28, 2022 6:35 PM

R359 that's just part of the facebook post but come on - it's very sad. seeing something like that must be so traumatizing. it sounds to me like whoever made the 911 call was a confused friend who was trying to piece together what one of the hysterical witnesses was saying or they had seen the first witness faint outside.

by Anonymousreply 360November 28, 2022 6:52 PM

R356 has stated her boundaries.

by Anonymousreply 361November 28, 2022 7:00 PM

The scenario at r358 is quite plausible. I don't understand the local cops' motivation for releasing the two roommates' names given the gravity of the situation, potential danger, and their status as material witnesses. I'd be livid if I were one of their parents.

by Anonymousreply 362November 28, 2022 7:04 PM

R362, if that happened to one of my kids and the cops released their name, they’d be whisked out of state as soon as I could get my hands on them. Between the at-large killer, the press, and the Reddit/podcast goofballs, their life would be OVER in Idaho. “You’re going to stay with Aunt Charlene until after you’ve testified over zoom, honey. Trust me. It’s for the best.”

by Anonymousreply 363November 28, 2022 7:21 PM

R362 once this happens it follows you forever. there are so many unwell people and schizophrenics obsessing over all these little news stories. I'd bet anything that even if the killer is found and convicted beyond any doubt they will still be harassed by psychos who are convinced of some "conspiracy". Thank gerontocracy for this, our laws are behind 90s communication technology let alone today

by Anonymousreply 364November 28, 2022 7:23 PM

Jeremy Reagan sounds entirely reasonable, given the strange situation he and his neighbours are reluctantly facing. I don't get any "angry loner" vibes from him at all.

by Anonymousreply 365November 28, 2022 7:49 PM

If more clues like this, the context of the 911 call, came to light this story would fall into place. Instead we get zip partly because investigative journalism is dead.

It sounds like Ethan 's body was not found in bed.

by Anonymousreply 366November 28, 2022 7:57 PM

“^The people who live near that house have been observing the cops in the house intently, and that reddit contains a lot of what THEY say they have SEEN the agents doing in the house and around it. THAT is why snarky assholes like you get no respect. Read the HUNDREDS of comments made about the photos on that thread…”

This link is for r265 r285 who has the gall to call another poster a “snarky asshole who gets no respect” when they believe that a social media site where people post anonymously under any name they want with as much detail as they want, about whatever they want is actually a valid source for this or any other case. While Reddit is fun to speculate on, and brings people together, it is not a trusted source of factual information and should not be portrayed as such.

Just when I thought I had the stupid ones blocked, this one pops up. The link is for you though you are probably too stupid to understand where you’ve gone wrong. One can only hope it will “educmacate” you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367November 28, 2022 8:17 PM

Ahhhh shuddup, reddit fish gash.

by Anonymousreply 368November 28, 2022 8:25 PM

R356 actually a step mother is indeed called such even when the birth mother is alive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369November 28, 2022 8:26 PM

Thanks for posting that, r369. R356’s sniffy correction didn’t sound accurate and turns out, it wasn’t.

by Anonymousreply 370November 28, 2022 8:28 PM

Yeah, R356 had that all wrong.

by Anonymousreply 371November 28, 2022 8:34 PM

There are an equal number of know-it-alls on the "White Lotus Season 2, Thread #3" thread, which has a few stupid Marys much like R356 who think they're real intellects and are very quick to show just how much they don't, in fact, know.

by Anonymousreply 372November 28, 2022 8:40 PM

Pedants are usually smarter than the ones I've seen here.

by Anonymousreply 373November 28, 2022 8:45 PM

R358

Wow! Well that explains a lot. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 374November 28, 2022 8:47 PM

I said I’m aware that people use stepmother that way. It’s still wrong.

by Anonymousreply 375November 28, 2022 8:50 PM

One thing I’ll bet on…

The killer was one of the many “concerned” people who contaminated the crime scene before the cops arrived.

by Anonymousreply 376November 28, 2022 8:52 PM

Which poster ITT is Psychic Investigator Todd Segal?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377November 28, 2022 8:52 PM

R376 I doubt it, if I were an acquaintance or neighbor I could see myself running around panicked and freaking out. In such an extreme moment I'd be more worried if anything about someone who was able to remain calm enough to even think about crime scene contamination or something that technical.

by Anonymousreply 378November 28, 2022 8:54 PM

You would have been mahvelous in this scenario, Madam.

by Anonymousreply 379November 28, 2022 9:01 PM

Oh wow, so things start to get explained. Yes there was a call for an unconscious person outside of the house. And yes, Ethan was found first, but he wasn't the unconscious person outside the house. Sounds like Ethan was found/died outside of the bedroom, possibly trying to confront the intruder or check what's up, Xana died inside the bedroom but awake when facing the killer. They both fought him. Kaylee and Maddie (some of the victims as they said) died in their beds.

by Anonymousreply 380November 28, 2022 9:01 PM

No way r376. Even if the killer is a textbook psychopath, think of the physical energy and stamina it would take to kill four humans. The killer was running on pure adrenaline as he/she/they murdered away, and after a massive adrenaline burst, you collapse. Also, the killer would be worried about keeping a poker face and likely wouldn’t risk making a mistake with a turn of phrase or weird facial expression. There is no way the killer was one of the people there when the bodies were discovered.

And again, if this was not a serial killer, then are we saying this is a first kill? How many other murders have four victims, not taken out with a firearm? I would love to know the statistical odds that this is a first-time killer who had four victims. I could be wrong, but I think about numbers and odds a lot, and it just feels like the probability of a serial killer has got to be higher.

Time will tell, we shall know soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 381November 28, 2022 9:03 PM

I meant to say, “first time killer who had four victims who were stabbed/hacked/sliced to death.” How often does that happen?

by Anonymousreply 382November 28, 2022 9:05 PM

R382 it could be, there's really no point in speculating. as long as he's strong enough to do it and evil enough to be excited by it then why not? he may have assumed he was going to be killed or caught as well and decided to go all out so to speak.

by Anonymousreply 383November 28, 2022 9:09 PM

r381 Obviously does not happen everyday and obviously guns are easier, but it happens.

by Anonymousreply 384November 28, 2022 9:18 PM

I think OJ did it.

by Anonymousreply 385November 28, 2022 9:45 PM

Average looking, not intelligent, not witty, not talented, not charismatic, not charming, not warm, not fun...

And... we're supposed to stay interested? At least Wallis was stylish and reading her letters, intelligent and a bit arch.

Meghan is childish and pompous - what worse combination is there than ignorance and arrogance?

by Anonymousreply 386November 28, 2022 10:11 PM

Oh, dear, R386. I think you're lost.

by Anonymousreply 387November 28, 2022 10:14 PM

Maybe not. After all, this is DL, where all threads eventually end up mired in pedantry, Meghan Markle, and trans.

by Anonymousreply 388November 28, 2022 10:21 PM

You make an excellent point, R388. I'm sure there's some deranged DL anti-Markle loon out there (maybe more than one) who thinks Meghan killed those 4 kids.

by Anonymousreply 389November 28, 2022 10:31 PM

If this is indeed a Bundy copycat as theorized in concert with these 3 stabbed murder scenes.. I mean, he's already hit WA, OR, and ID. They've followed Ted's trail exactly so far. Next is Utah and Colorado. Lock your doors, Provo!

by Anonymousreply 390November 28, 2022 10:52 PM

[QUOTE]Time will tell, we shall know soon enough.

Are you sure about this? So much evidence lost due to people, including witnesses and first responders trampling over a fresh crime scene.

Not sure why the Idaho State Police didn't just evacuate that bumbling Wilford Brimley self-justification machine local cop entirely out of the scene before he kept fucking up more. And he keeps poking his opinion without FBI approval? He's the one who gave away the traumatized surviving roommates names to the press.

by Anonymousreply 391November 28, 2022 10:54 PM

Point taken r391 — no, I am not sure at all actually. Could turn into another OJ or JonBenet. Hopefully all this attention will flush out critical clues for LEO.

by Anonymousreply 392November 28, 2022 11:13 PM

R386 may be lost, but he speaks the truth.

by Anonymousreply 393November 29, 2022 12:01 AM

It's come to the point where the seriously invested Amateur Sleuths of the internet are ruining true crime for the sane people! They're so determined to spread false rumors, muddy evidence, film investigators at work, harass witnesses and anyone connected with the crime, that the investigating authorities have no choice but to totally clam up!

The Gabby Petito case was the obvious exception. First there was a nationwide womanhunt, then a nationwide manhunt, and the public's help really was needed. But in other cases, the internet crime-mongers do far more harm than good.

by Anonymousreply 394November 29, 2022 12:13 AM

R394 it's so stupid because even IF internet sleuths discovered and exposed the killer in some Youtube video, it would only cause horrible problems for the police or prosecution. What if the suspect sees that then panics and kills themselves or flees? What if it interferes with what evidence is or isn't admissible or what can or can't be used to obtain warrants? Think of those "predator catchers" - the creeps walk free because everything the vigilantes did can't be used in court and it ruins any other cases the police may have had because now it's all muddled and tainted by this extrajudicial stuff. The easiest solution to this is content moderation - YouTube and other platforms need to look at putting boundaries up with these people and start to figure out serious lines. Like the endless videos of the food truck people it's not really interesting to cover and these channels are getting cheap clicks out of the thrill people get from stalking all these little kids. It's a fine line. I think some people are doing a reasonably responsible job with their amateur coverage and some of it is just so shameless and tabloidy.

by Anonymousreply 395November 29, 2022 2:20 AM

Many informative posts on WS, OldCop said: I think something, a vehicle, has caught their eye on 95 south of town and they are trying to track its movements that night. Does Wasankari Construction have a video camera that showed something that caught their interest that night; a vehicle that may have been observed one or more times between 3:00 am and 6:00 am near the crime scene and then seen heading south out of town on Hwy 95?

Evidence shows LE has a top suspect but is keeping quiet until they have sufficient evidence. Likely was known to the Sigma Chi frat as well as to at least one of the victims. Obviously he was wearing a disguise over his head covering his face. There's a specific car LE is tracking too.

by Anonymousreply 396November 29, 2022 2:34 AM

[Quote]Evidence shows LE has a top suspect but iskeeping quiet until they have sufficient evidence.

What evidence, hun? And haven't you been pushing this same story throughout 4 threads?

by Anonymousreply 397November 29, 2022 3:16 AM

R397, Haven't posted on the 1st 3 threads so you might have me mixed up with other posters. In fact I have only posted a very few times. Agreed that some of the info is duplicated across Reddit & Websleuths. The source I quoted is obvisoulsy a retired LE by the tone of his wording.

There are several posts today on WS that clearly lays out the case for LE to have a specific suspect in mind. Multiple posters on Reddit and WS have come to the same conclusion so there's a lot of info sharing on the internet.

Top clue LE has fingered a suspect is the wording of what little they're revealing to the public. This has been detailed on WS by those reading between the lines. Like my above quote, it's obvious these posters aren't random amateur sleuths on a fishing trip either but those with concrete knowlege of LE SOP.

by Anonymousreply 398November 29, 2022 3:32 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399November 29, 2022 3:38 AM

It's amazing to me, how folks take pure conjecture, and promulgate it, as facts. Non of these "revelations" mean a damn thing.

It's also amazing to me, that people adopt the terrible misfortunes of murdered people, and make it into their "hobby" and/or "passion". If that's the case, get a degree in criminal justice or forensic investigation, instead of sitting on your fat fucking ass sipping Chai lattes and obsessively speculating on why/how some poor kid you never met, or have no connection with, was horrible murdered.

I know these victims were legally adults, but damn. They were kids, who obviously did nothing to deserve this, okay?? Take it easy, "internet sleuth". Because, at the end of the day, this is none of your business.

by Anonymousreply 400November 29, 2022 3:42 AM

One clue that LE have zeroed in on one particular suspect is that they requested footage from the public ONLY on certain roads leading away from the murder house but definitely not in every direction.

by Anonymousreply 401November 29, 2022 3:43 AM

[QUOTE] LE has fingered a suspect

Sounds hot

by Anonymousreply 402November 29, 2022 3:44 AM

Madam, I beg your pardon; I've never had a Chai latte in my life.

by Anonymousreply 403November 29, 2022 3:49 AM

Sweet friend at r397, you’re way out of your league. Don’t you know that OldCop’s blue-ribbon sleuthin’ squad is made up of such luminaries as EnfeebledEmpath, GeriatricGeoTagger, and SuperannuatedSpyLady007?

I would have included RoadWornRemoteViewer, but she’s on couch duty with her precious adult grandbabies after having dozens of seborrheic keratoses lasered off this morning. No fingering for her, I’m afraid.

Please pray for our devoted sleuths, and, as always, for Caylee, our beloved angelbaby!

by Anonymousreply 404November 29, 2022 3:50 AM

Has anyone thought, that LE keeps insisting these were "targeted attacks", without specifying which roommate it was, are just trying to quiet fears about a real serial killer being on the loose? I do, but of course, with such little info to go on, I have no idea if that's the case.

by Anonymousreply 405November 29, 2022 3:51 AM

R400 Where would Jessica Fletcher be if she took that kind of silly advice to heart!

by Anonymousreply 406November 29, 2022 3:55 AM

Chai lattes is so 2000.

by Anonymousreply 407November 29, 2022 4:08 AM

Xana was mutilated and the most blood came from her room. Ethan was found first, outside of the bedroom.

What is the name of the young man, known to be a skilled hunter, who was kicked out of his frat for his anger issues and violent behavior? Would it be true that at least one of the victims complained about him?

by Anonymousreply 408November 29, 2022 4:09 AM

I posted R358 - according to the new hot reddit post, this whole thing is a fake but then looking at THIS post it seems like the guy is being a little pedantic? Like that it doesn't match up exactly with LE statements or his rigid interpretation of them and therefore must be a fabrication. I have determined that this whole thing is a headache and I am leaving the circus until there's a real press conference or something like that. If anyone looks at this thread, check out this sorengard123, he needs a counselor! These POSTERS really think they are living in a movie and that they are a part of this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409November 29, 2022 5:38 AM

R396 what is WS? i don't know i thought about it for a minute because i didn't want to ask but i can't figure it out

by Anonymousreply 410November 29, 2022 5:40 AM

WS = www.websleuths.com

by Anonymousreply 411November 29, 2022 5:48 AM

R400 I'm drinking Logan Paul's PRIME TYVM

by Anonymousreply 412November 29, 2022 5:49 AM

Not r396. It's Websleuths.

by Anonymousreply 413November 29, 2022 5:50 AM

Two of the school's ten NPC sororities are on disciplinary probation, while the other eight are in good standing. The two on probation:

Alpha Phi - Disciplinary Probation - Health & Safety (Kaylee)

Pi Beta Phi - Disciplinary Probation - Health & Safety (Madison, Xana, and Attic Girl in the Basement #1)

What luck.

[quote]Health & Safety: Violations or concerns regarding Risk Management, Alcohol/Drugs, or Hazing

[quote]Disciplinary Probation: serves to notify an organization that it must avoid any further violations for a specified period of time in order to avoid additional disciplinary action. Chapters on probation are not in good standing with the university.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414November 29, 2022 6:46 AM

Idaho students staying inside after dark amid murder mystery .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415November 29, 2022 6:48 AM

I'll never look at basement bedrooms the same.

by Anonymousreply 416November 29, 2022 7:01 AM

R415 Doesn't seem as though that would help, since the slaying occurred inside the house after dark.

by Anonymousreply 417November 29, 2022 7:16 AM

R414 as a member of the Greek system in when I was in university, that’s actually a very common write-up. At any given time there are numerous health and safety violations for those reasons. The frat/sorority then has to lay low for a while and advertise or throw any “official” parties and keep under the radar for a period of time. If they do, they usually are back to normal after some period and if they don’t they face more disciplinary action. One well known sorority at my school was nailed repeatedly and ended up being ousted by the Panhellenic society and shut down by their own ‘mothership’ (I forget the real term). That was very rare.

All this to say, what you posted a pretty mundane occurrence. Many others beyond the ones you noted that have that violations have already had them or would have throughout the school year. Not really a clue into the murders despite the members. Those are popular sororities and frats that they all belonged to and operated all over the country.

I am curious about the post upthread mentioning someone kicked out of sigma chi for anger issues. You have tondonsomthing pretty bad to get kicked out for that. Like starting fights constantly or laterally scaring the bejesus out of your frat brothers on a regular basis. So whoever that was is likely a real nut job. I don’t even know if it is a true story. I don’t read Reddit or Facebook as I find - especially Reddit - goes down too many rabbit holes and starts twisting facts to suit a theory. Then the good info gets lost. Nevertheless, I’d be curious o hear more about this alleged guy that got kicked out of sigma chi though.

by Anonymousreply 418November 29, 2022 8:41 AM

^* NOT advertise - that should have said.

by Anonymousreply 419November 29, 2022 8:42 AM

OH DEAR to myself at r418 with all my typos. I’m up with insomnia so that’s my excuse.

Happy to answer any fraternity / sorority questions if anyone has them.

by Anonymousreply 420November 29, 2022 8:45 AM

I find it hard to believe that an impulsive young dweeb managed to outsmart both the Moscow PD and the FBI. On the other hand, an older psychopath in his 30s or 40s with hunting and survival skills could easily outsmart local law enforcement, leaving them to botch the initial investigation so badly that even the FBI can’t unravel the mess. Someone who’s intelligent but never went to college, and maybe has a deep resentment of younger people. He gets a rush from stalking and hunting in general, and carefully selected the “party house” with lax security, where the entry passcode was freely shared, and there were no security cameras on the property. If the police are lying to prevent widespread panic, this would explain why the trail unexplainably went cold even though they have “evidence” that the killer was known to one or more of the victims.

by Anonymousreply 421November 29, 2022 9:29 AM

Any update on Angry Frat Boy kicked outa Sigma Chi? Btw, seems lke Sigma Chi was one of the more party-oriented frats here at Iowa too. Not that they all aren't.

by Anonymousreply 422November 29, 2022 9:31 AM

Posters commenting on various news sites named the "angry frat boy" and stated that at least one of the 4 victims had complained about him. Unfortunately the same news site deleted his name possibly for liability reasons.

He was also discussed much earlier in the week on Reddit.

Of course this could be a Red Herring but apprently he is a skilled hunter and a local to the Moscow ID area. I find it inteesting that there's ample evidence LE spent a lot of time talking to Sigma Chi frat members.

by Anonymousreply 423November 29, 2022 10:35 AM

[quote]Not really a clue into the murders despite the members.

No, I wasn't trying to link it to the murders directly; rather, I was thinking about the level of partying and number of people in and out of that house. But I do have a question for you:

What is the dynamic between the two sororities? My school hag had started off with much higher aspirations but had to settle for middling Pi Phi. It was something she'd always drunk-cry about when no one else was around.

She resented Alpha Phi more than any other sorority because they ranked only slightly lower than Pi Phi, yet (in her mind) they were the bottom of the barrel—they weren't philanthropic; they didn't care about school; they were sloppy drunks; they partied every day of the week; they were trashy, and on and on. It ate at her.

Is there some genuine enmity between the two? I can't believe I'm feeling nostalgic for all of her ridiculous angst and drama.

by Anonymousreply 424November 29, 2022 10:55 AM

[quote]The scenario at [R358] is quite plausible.

It really isn't, honestly. It sounds like a story someone made up back when people thought there was an unconscious person on the ground outside the home, which lead to a 911 call.

Details in it are wrong, like strangers walking by who called 911; the police have told us it was friends, and we know one was Ethan's brother. It wasn't strangers.

by Anonymousreply 425November 29, 2022 11:06 AM

It figures! It's a disgruntled former frat person! They're just not saying it yet. Shhhhhh!

by Anonymousreply 426November 29, 2022 11:10 AM

[quote]The source I quoted is obvisoulsy a retired LE by the tone of his wording.

No, he is not "obviously" a retired cop.

The overabundance of retired cops, current cops, retired criminal attorneys, current criminal attorneys, friends and relatives of the deceased and their families means that there are a LOT of people online who want you to think they have some insider knowledge, even though they absolutely do not.

It's a little weird to see people say that the amateur obsessives are ruining true crime discussion online, then seconds later say "well this guy's post is solid information, you can tell he just SOUNDS like a retired cop, so obviously he knows things."

by Anonymousreply 427November 29, 2022 11:12 AM

^And you in all your wisdom KNOW that all these other buttinskies have no idea what they are talking about, because exactly WHY?

by Anonymousreply 428November 29, 2022 11:28 AM

I really hope this is a copycat serial killer following Bundy’s path across the states. It’s gonna be quite the anticlimax now if it’s just some mundane, boring stalker who was a bit miffed.

by Anonymousreply 429November 29, 2022 11:42 AM

R425, I read it or a version of it on Reddit and it accounts for both those things. The downstairs roommate dialis 911 but faints outside during the call. A passerby picks it up and reports that there’s an unconscious person. Meanwhile the other downstairs roommate is hysterical, saying something about Ethan and someone in the group calls Ethan’s brother to come over. This group goes in the house to check it out. But I guess this scenario would have attracted much more attention from the neighbors and we’d have heard it before now,

by Anonymousreply 430November 29, 2022 11:50 AM

R416 We Gays prefer to call those “Garden Apartments,” after all, who do you think we are Laverne & Shirley?

by Anonymousreply 431November 29, 2022 1:38 PM

Any pictures/video/TikTok/OF account of “angry frat boy,” preferably shirtless, asking for a friend?

by Anonymousreply 432November 29, 2022 1:41 PM

Hi r414

it’s funny you mention your roommate and Alpha Phi because they were actually the bottom of the barrel at my university campus too. While things can vary from campus to campus a little bit, it seems like there are patterns for sure. Pi phi was one of the top two. That could of course be different at Idaho as each university campus has its own atmosphere and kind of students in general. Once there are certain reputations in place it does impact the girls who are interested in a particular sorority as their first second or third choice, and who the sorority tries to get to either improve their reputation or maintain it.

I actually in my second year found rush a disgusting process mostly based on looks and perceived reputation. The discussions were thinly disguised as other reasons not to let someone in but everyone knew it was because a girl was thought to be ‘ugly’ or flirted with someone’s boyfriend 2 years ago etc.

Also the sororities that tend to be the most active had the “best looking “girls and also the “fun girls” but maybe not messy fun, tended to be the ones who are always invited by the fraternities to their “closed parties” and these could be anything from organized day events to parties at their house.

So your friend probably was feeling the crappy reputation of her party of her chapter because they were not getting invited to philanthropy events or able to draw good fraternities to their own events.

I found the different sororities generally competitive with each other for the above reasons though nice to each other on the surface.

I found that if you had a close friendship that lasted before you rush it could easily continue after you joined different ones. although it would probably be tested in the first year because you are so taken up with your own sorority events and your time is not yours in that first year.

That being said it does pick up again and is often nice to have somebody that you’re close with who is in a different social group or official social group like a sorority because you can lean on them in ways that you may be tired of with your own sisters or brothers.

I believe Kaylee was Alpha Phi and Madison was pi phi correct? And the other girls in the house were all pi phi? That happens usually when the friendships precede joining a sorority. Not sure if this answers your question properly or not let me know.

by Anonymousreply 433November 29, 2022 2:22 PM

^r418

by Anonymousreply 434November 29, 2022 2:22 PM

This week's newest vid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435November 29, 2022 2:41 PM

Me too R429. We haven’t had a good, scary serial killer in a long time.

by Anonymousreply 436November 29, 2022 2:43 PM

Serial killers, while awful, are also the most boring option. Why kill? Cause they like to kill. Why the victims? They were living breathing humans. So for crime entertainment purposes as well as quick solvability I hope it was everyone but a fucking serial killer.

by Anonymousreply 437November 29, 2022 3:42 PM

R400, who so eloquently told us this case is NONE OF OUR BUSINESS, has posted in this thread (meaning PART IV) at least 26 times.

Carry on.

by Anonymousreply 438November 29, 2022 3:44 PM

Serial killers don’t kill 4 at a time

by Anonymousreply 439November 29, 2022 3:51 PM

A bit OT, but I have discovered a myriad safety devices for sliding glass doors and windows thanks to this case.

It reactivated my PTSD from the Danny Rolling murders. He also got in through sliding glass doors. (Though we don’t know for sure how this killer got in.)

I had just moved into my first apartment in a college town not far from UF when the Danny Rolling murders happened.

by Anonymousreply 440November 29, 2022 3:53 PM

R440 you’re NEXT!

by Anonymousreply 441November 29, 2022 3:59 PM

So was Ethan found dead in the kitchen or not?

by Anonymousreply 442November 29, 2022 4:06 PM

R440 You can’t lock out what’s already in.

by Anonymousreply 443November 29, 2022 4:07 PM

Has LE questioned the members of Lambda Lambda Lambda? Lots of really sus incels in that crowd.

by Anonymousreply 444November 29, 2022 4:15 PM

R440’s post annoyed me for reasons that are currently obscure. Hope he has a close call with a murderer soon. (Note that I hope he survives.)

by Anonymousreply 445November 29, 2022 4:20 PM

[quote]Serial killers don’t kill 4 at a time

IIRC, Ted Bundy and Danny Rollings killed multiple people at one time. Dennis Rader killed an entire family in one spree.

by Anonymousreply 446November 29, 2022 4:57 PM

BTW, members of the FBI’s behavioral unit who’ve been interviewed about this case are skeptical that this is a “one-time” killing because of the degree of savagery and gore. It looks like an escalation rather than a first-time killing.

by Anonymousreply 447November 29, 2022 5:41 PM

Got a cite, r447?

by Anonymousreply 448November 29, 2022 5:44 PM

There is no limit to the amount of people serial killers kill at once. What makes them serial killers is killing again after cooling down. And again.

It would fit so well with the other bed stabbings from the escalation standpoint

by Anonymousreply 449November 29, 2022 5:57 PM

Are we just by passing Spree all together here now?

by Anonymousreply 450November 29, 2022 5:58 PM

r450 Yes, keep up.

by Anonymousreply 451November 29, 2022 6:13 PM

I’d like to know the source of r447’s info too. It’s not in any reputable news sources I can find.

by Anonymousreply 452November 29, 2022 6:32 PM

Do young women really faint that much nowadays? I don't ever (haven't ever) noticed that AT ALL. But it's a handy device in a gossipy, made-up fourth- or fifth-hand narrative.

by Anonymousreply 453November 29, 2022 6:56 PM

"Do young women really faint that much nowadays?"

Oh, my sides!

Men faint, too, brain trust at R453.

by Anonymousreply 454November 29, 2022 7:01 PM

Thank you, R433! You answered my question perfectly.

[quote]I believe Kaylee was Alpha Phi and Madison was pi phi correct? And the other girls in the house were all pi phi?

Yes, Kaylee was Alpha Phi. Madison and Xana were Pi Phi, as is one of the surviving roommates. I've never seen the second surviving roommate's sorority mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 455November 29, 2022 7:07 PM

She's in Eta Pi(e).

by Anonymousreply 456November 29, 2022 7:14 PM

r456 I don't know why I laughed at that.

by Anonymousreply 457November 29, 2022 7:20 PM

Yummmm, pie!

by Anonymousreply 458November 29, 2022 7:21 PM

My son had his forearm turned completely backwards in a wrestling match. My husband called me from the match and he was in tears, this is not a man who cries.

At the ER, the doctor was showing me the most disturbing x-rays of a similar injury as we were waiting for his x-ray. The doctor says, “your son’s injury is much worse than this.” I looked at how far apart the bones were, conceived of his bones being even farther apart, and announced I was fainting, which I proceeded to do.

This was a pediatric ER, they gave me an ice pack for my neck and I had to stay down for 30 minutes before I could sit up again while my son was crying in agony. I was so embarrassed, but the nurses told me that it happens every single day, both men and women who are witnessing their injured children. So yes, it happens.

Also, he was given multiple fentanyl and ketamine, they had to pull the arm out, twist, reset. We were not allowed to witness it and had to prepare for his screams. The doctor was the finest man ever seen, named Dr. Payne. All true.

by Anonymousreply 459November 29, 2022 7:39 PM

Pi Phi should be the official sorority of Datalounge:

Faye Dunaway

Barbara Bush

Nancy Culp

Ree Drummond

Adrienne Maloof-Nassif

Jennifer Garner

Ann Turner Cook, the original Gerber baby

by Anonymousreply 460November 29, 2022 7:45 PM

This woman was claiming to be a reporter from some small newspaper at a press conference for this case and nobody knows who she is - the newspaper she claims to be from had to release a statement lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461November 29, 2022 7:47 PM

The mystery reporter is definitely Eta Pi.

by Anonymousreply 462November 29, 2022 7:51 PM

R462 Well HOW can you sit there when ANGELS are taken from US

by Anonymousreply 463November 29, 2022 7:53 PM

Was a fainting couch involved?

by Anonymousreply 464November 29, 2022 8:16 PM

A sorority reject and unloved, ugly duckling who was transformed by plastic surgery into a luscious, lovely lady. Did she get even with everyone who laughed at her before? This time around she’s… “The Girl Most Likely To.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465November 29, 2022 9:56 PM

Maybe the killer wore a plastic Hannibal suit?

by Anonymousreply 466November 29, 2022 10:09 PM

In my college speech class's "demonstration speech" someone showed how to take blood from another person's arm - and the only one in the class who fainted was this big burly guy. So men do faint.

However, do they scream? Can they scream? I assume it wouldn't sound like the horror movie kind of scream - maybe more like a bellow? or an operatic tenor's high C?

by Anonymousreply 467November 29, 2022 10:32 PM

[quote]Maybe the killer wore a plastic Hannibal suit?

Also, cut-resistant work gloves, which someone that skilled with a knife would probably use in that situation — if it was planned. When detectives describe the killer as “sloppy,” do they mean he left his DNA there? How could they know this if the lab is still processing evidence found at the scene?

by Anonymousreply 468November 29, 2022 10:45 PM

I doubt the Hooterville Gang knows very much. Pin your hopes on the FBI.

by Anonymousreply 469November 29, 2022 11:14 PM

Shingles doesn’t care!

by Anonymousreply 470November 29, 2022 11:53 PM

Jimmmaaayy!!!

by Anonymousreply 471November 30, 2022 12:03 AM

Nothing yet? Jeez, isn't it a little town?

by Anonymousreply 472November 30, 2022 12:07 AM

Well, the killer had more than 9 hours lead time to drive away, to another state or even another country.

by Anonymousreply 473November 30, 2022 12:09 AM

If only they could find Slenderman deep, deep in the wood

by Anonymousreply 474November 30, 2022 12:14 AM

R459 ...That is one of the saddest things I've read here. I'm an (old) mom of 2. Very sad.

by Anonymousreply 475November 30, 2022 1:54 AM

R80 and R81 are quite the sleuthy pair.

Conan Doyle wept.

by Anonymousreply 476November 30, 2022 2:02 AM

I don’t know if R467’s question is serious, but I’ll bite.

It all depends. Penetrating thoracic wounds introduce air and/or blood into the pleural and/or pericardial space and that impairs ventilation and reduces cardiac output.

People can lose consciousness very, very quickly. Pneumothorax (air) and hemothorax (blood) both cause rapid, shallow breathing; rapid heart rate; and plummeting blood pressure. In that state, the last moments of consciousness are 100% focused on trying to get air into the lungs. The need to breathe would override any thought of screaming.

In this case, the coroner* said the fatal wounds were to the “chest area” but immediately followed with the “upper-body area.” The former would normally mean the thoracic cavity and everything mentioned above, but the latter could involve abdominal organs.

The liver sits just below the lungs, under the diaphragm, and it takes up a lot of the right upper quadrant of the abdomen. Livers bleed like crazy, so add one to the mix of penetrating thoracic trauma, and unconsciousness could have come in seconds.

*Coroner is a political position, so I’m taking Cathy Mabbutt’s language with a grain of salt. She went to nursing school right after high school, and she’s in her mid-seventies now. She later worked as a defense attorney after attending night school and getting a BS in political science and a JD.

by Anonymousreply 477November 30, 2022 2:38 AM

^^Since that was already a lot longer than I intended, just let me just go for broke and mention that the trachea is part of the mediastinum, which is in the the thoracic cavity.

Because of that, an injury to the trachea can fall under the "chest" category, but I'm not sure if ol' Cathy would even have been aware of that.

by Anonymousreply 478November 30, 2022 3:00 AM

R477/r478, your post was fascinating! Do you work in the field? I love our in-house experts.

by Anonymousreply 479November 30, 2022 4:12 AM

I'm not R477/478, but I'm an ICU nurse, but not one who works at a trauma center. There are certainly nurses on the Datalounge, probably some doctors and paramedics.

But I'm not interested enough in this case to read every detail published and hope to nitpick out something of interest.

by Anonymousreply 480November 30, 2022 4:48 AM

[quote]I'm not [R477]/478, but I'm an ICU nurse, but not one who works at a trauma center. There are certainly nurses on the Datalounge, probably some doctors and paramedics. But I'm not interested enough in this case to read every detail published and hope to nitpick out something of interest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481November 30, 2022 4:56 AM

What is wrong with these families, especially Kaylee’s? Their kids were slaughtered in a gruesome way and they are giving interviews everyday since it happened. Kaylee’s sister and now father have diarrhea of the mouth. He’s now talking about how he didn’t give his daughter a funeral for fear that the killer would show up and the police think that the murderer is going to keep the knife as a trophy. All these families to me seem weird and are basking in the attention.

by Anonymousreply 482November 30, 2022 5:00 AM

R482 i can see people flying into a state of mania during extreme grief like this but the sister does seem really full of herself in an off putting way

by Anonymousreply 483November 30, 2022 5:05 AM

The outlets they're interviewing with should answer your question, r482.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484November 30, 2022 5:08 AM

Have we found out whether or not R113 has been murdered yet, and if he has been, who gets his stuff?

by Anonymousreply 485November 30, 2022 5:17 AM

Thanks, r479. I’m an MD, but I work in drug development.

I hope I didn’t sound like I was bashing nurses. It’s just that this one, in particular, went to school ~55 years ago and then spent most of her nursing career as an obstetric nurse manager.

She seemed very flustered and unsure of the correct terminology when asked simple questions.

by Anonymousreply 486November 30, 2022 5:19 AM

[QUOTE]Coroner is a political position, so I’m taking Cathy Mabbutt’s language with a grain of salt. She went to nursing school right after high school, and she’s in her mid-seventies now. She later worked as a defense attorney after attending night school and getting a BS in political science and a JD.

Whatever her abilities as a coroner may be, Cathy still has a pretty damn impressive resume for a woman of her time from small town Idaho. She'd be a great character in the movie.

by Anonymousreply 487November 30, 2022 5:23 AM

Kathy Bates is out of our budget, but Linda Bassett is a possibility.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 488November 30, 2022 5:30 AM

The coroner isn’t a doctor?

by Anonymousreply 489November 30, 2022 6:01 AM

Lol, they obviously botched the first presser and are dragging their feet to take it all back. Might really be a SK

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490November 30, 2022 6:02 AM

R489 Surprise! That’s why you always want a Medical Examiner, not an elected official.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491November 30, 2022 6:07 AM

They arrested someone who threatened a group of people with a knife a few months back. Could be a big break or another dead end. They’ll get DNA regardless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492November 30, 2022 6:47 AM

It doesn't surprise me that we are only just now learning the residence was targeted, not an individual. I'm more and more inclined to think it was a psycho who didn't know (or just barely knew) any of them, and maybe it is a serial killer.

by Anonymousreply 493November 30, 2022 9:44 AM

Was there a “Watcher” for this house? Has Ryan Murphy been alerted so he can use it for a new anthology season for his show? Can Nico Greetham or Isaac Powell play Ethan? Or better yet can he make three guys and a girl instead?

by Anonymousreply 494November 30, 2022 2:15 PM

What does that word “targeted” actually even mean, and what does it mean to target a location and not people? Do these cops even understand their own word salad, because I sure as fuck do not.

by Anonymousreply 495November 30, 2022 2:22 PM

R495, I suggest you get yourself over to TikTok and learn about gangstalking. You’ll never look at a person sitting in their car in a mall parking lot the same way again. Have a god day.

by Anonymousreply 496November 30, 2022 2:26 PM

I used to stalk the Kauffmann House in Palm Springs, but it was purely for aesthetic reasons. By the way, it unbelievablely shows up in the movie Don’t Worry Darling, and is one of the only reasons to see the film. I don’t think they’ve ever filmed there before and I’d love to know what they had to pay to do so.

by Anonymousreply 497November 30, 2022 2:28 PM

"... learn about gangstalking."

First hit on Bing for "gangstalking" is: "Gang stalking or group-stalking is a set of persecutory beliefs in which those affected believe they are being followed, stalked, and harassed by a large number of people."

In other words, gangstalking isn't real. It's a manifestation of paranoia.

by Anonymousreply 498November 30, 2022 2:31 PM

R496 Yeah I'm not doing any fucking thing that involves tik tok, ffs. Thanks, you have a good one too.

by Anonymousreply 499November 30, 2022 2:33 PM

Whoosh

by Anonymousreply 500November 30, 2022 2:34 PM

But how would the cops know that the “house” was the target and not one of the women???? What type of clue could point to that?

by Anonymousreply 501November 30, 2022 2:37 PM

If the house was indeed targeted, then my criminal profiling abilities tell me it was an elderly Datalounger who lived within earshot, one who was sick of the noise and cars parked in front of his home, and young straight guys who wouldn't look at him twice!

If the police had followed up on all those complaints from Joel, the killer's next door neighbor's son, this tragedy never would have happened...

by Anonymousreply 502November 30, 2022 2:52 PM

This topic is really fading - as it should. They really don't know much and aren't close to figuring out who did it.

by Anonymousreply 503November 30, 2022 3:33 PM

The noisy house being the initial target that attracted the killer makes sense because the police were vague in saying it was a “targeted attack” rather than “individual(s) were targeted.” There was no sign of forced entry, so the killer likely stalked the house with binoculars or posed as a fellow student and asked one of the party-goers for the passcode.

by Anonymousreply 504November 30, 2022 3:51 PM

Joseph Scott Morgan, forensics professor at Jax State University in Alabama, former field man for the Fulton County Medical Examiner (Atlanta), seems to be a rare source of real insight into the crime scene; he's been on several networks by this point:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505November 30, 2022 5:42 PM

R495 I think it's what happens when small town police is forced to deal with a big headlines grabbing crime . They were just not used to all this attention and put some theories out , not understanding that the media and internet sleuths will analyze every word, every uhm and every look between LE to find clues . And then you had Kaylee's sister enjoying the spotlight a little bit too much and putting even more hearsay into the mix .

by Anonymousreply 506November 30, 2022 5:43 PM

News Nation coverage is pretty good on this crime. Here, the reporter pointing out that there's 5-hour "gap" re the whereabouts of Ethan and Xana, the 2 who had been at the Sigma Chi house earlier that evening. As the reporter points out, the Sigma Chi house is basically just directly across an open field from the house where the victims were killed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507November 30, 2022 5:45 PM

This text below is in a note attached to the link below, also from News Nation. I don't know the source of the info, but what is said about how the 911 call was placed matches up with something that was earlier posted here from Facebook, and it seems to line up with what is publicly known from police statements. The comment quoted here is in error about one point re Charles Manson: Manson did not commit the Tate-LaBiance murders himself, but we do know that Tex Watson WAS out of his mind on amphetamine when the Tate killings were committed (mostly by him) and presumably so, also, for the LaBiancas.

"The survivors (Dylan and Bethany) had bedrooms and a bathroom downstairs from the front door. They were both out of town all day Saturday and returned at 1 am Sunday. Kaylee and Maddie left by Uber for the corner bar between 10 and 11 pm and returned on doorbell cam at 1:56 am. There were 10 calls placed from their phones between 2:30 and 3 am. They were found on the top (3rd) floor. Kayle had already moved out, so she was likely in Maddie's room with her. There was a vacant BR room on the top floor."

"The most conspicuous thing that is off is the timeline with respect to Xana and Ethan after they left the frat party. Their bedroom and bath were on the same level as the kitchen and front door. There was also a vacant BR on that floor. There is no indication of where they were between 9 pm and 1:45 am when the police say they arrived home. There is a big discrepancy between the 1:45 am arrival time and what Xana's dad (Jeffrey Kernodle of Avondale AZ) said in an interview, that he last heard from Xana at midnight and that she and Ethan were just chilling at home. I don't know if he meant midnight Mountain Time (Avondale) or midnight Pacific Time (Moscow), but this is a big discrepancy either way. Did Xana and Ethan go back out after she talked with her dad? It isn't even possible to determine the hours when the residence was unoccupied. After Kaylee and Maddy left by Uber between 10 and 11 pm, was the house empty? Or were Xana and Ethan there? If Ethan was killed first, would his body have been visible to Maddy and Kaylee from the stairs when they went up to bed after 2 am? It is conceivable X and E were killed before the girls who lived downstairs from them got home. That would explain why they heard nothing. Or they just slept thru it at 3 am. Most people think Ethan was killed because he heard the struggle on the third floor and came out of the BR. "

"The next morning, one of the survivors went upstairs to the kitchen and noticed the sliding glass door was open and walked over to check it and saw Ethan's body in the hall. She ran out of the front door with her phone and called 911 but fainted before she could speak. A passerby saw her and talked to the 911 operator explaining there was an unconscious person who had placed the call but was not waking up. The other survivor also ran outside but was in hysterics and could not be understood. Paramedics were responding to the report about the roommate who fainted but ended up going inside and finding 4 victims."

"The brutality and scope of these murders resemble serial killer murders like those of Richard Speck, Charles Manson and Ted Bundy. All of those individuals were under the influence of substances when the murders happened. When has a college kid ever butchered 4 people because he was angry over rejection? Richard Speck stabbed or strangled 8 student nurses in a townhouse in Chicago in 1966. He had a pistol with him that he used to gain compliance, but never shot it. He was so drunk he had no recollection of the murders. One witness survived by rolling under the bed. He was too drunk to count to 9."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508November 30, 2022 6:00 PM

Neighbours said that while there was always activity and small gatherings, it wasn’t a massive party house like being depicted. He said more smaller stuff like pre drinking with music earlier in the night before going out etc. not enough for neighbours etc to complain about them etc.

Based on that I don’t think it was exactly Animal house.

by Anonymousreply 509November 30, 2022 6:17 PM

Nancy Grace isn't worried about the delay to solve this crime. She's all about ancestral DNA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510November 30, 2022 6:19 PM

[quote]Richard Speck, Charles Manson and Ted Bundy. All of those individuals were under the influence of substances when the murders happened.

What substance was Ted Bundy on?

by Anonymousreply 511November 30, 2022 6:23 PM

Mutilated?

How?

by Anonymousreply 512November 30, 2022 6:27 PM

Bundy claimed he used alcohol and marijuana to “relax” himself before the killings. Since serial killers are addicts by nature, it’s not surprising that there’s a high correlation of substance use and abuse among them.

by Anonymousreply 513November 30, 2022 6:28 PM

[quote]In other words, gangstalking isn't real. It's a manifestation of paranoia.

Yeah.

Right.

Fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 514November 30, 2022 6:28 PM

It was the tot mom!

by Anonymousreply 515November 30, 2022 6:29 PM

There should be a Nancy Grace edition of “Clue” that takes place in the Murder House, with characters named after nicknames coined by Nancy Grace.

by Anonymousreply 516November 30, 2022 6:34 PM

R505, the professor is handsome.

by Anonymousreply 517November 30, 2022 6:37 PM

The local yokels like this prosecutor have absolutely no idea how to deal with the media. If it wasn’t such a tragic situation, it would be funny. How many times have they adjusted the “targeted” thing. I think they’ve exhausted the word to the point where it doesn’t mean anything anymore.

Remind me, was there something in Kaylee’s fathers interview that suggested one of them was attacked with more anger or signs were left that one was indeed the target? Or was that Reddit speculation imported here?

Also, maybe they are trying to soften the targeted one person thing because for someone to go over and just kill one person would be impossible in a house of that many so even if he was going after that one person he decided they’d all die anyway. He didn’t exactly spur and wait for a change that only one would be home overnight sleeping. And shouldn’t have been surprised to encounter more of them. So in a sense the “house” full of them was targeted but maybe fuelled by the desire to really kill one.

I don’t comprehend serial killers but I wouldn’t be surprised if you were on something like bath salts or whatever to do it.

by Anonymousreply 518November 30, 2022 6:40 PM

Oh dear to my typos:

“…didn’t exactly spy* and wait for an off chance* that only one…”

by Anonymousreply 519November 30, 2022 6:42 PM

^What kind of a NUMBSKULL would charge into a house with 6 people in it, intending to kill ONE of them, using a knife, if you had ANY intention of being able to get away undetected? It is mind-boggling. And it is not easy to kill a creature as large as a human being using only a knife, with any real hopeof doing it swiftly and effectively. All of this is what makes this crime so unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 520November 30, 2022 6:46 PM

E.g. the killer did not know with certainty that the victims would be in different rooms, or completely asleep, or asleep at all, etc. He did not know any of this. How could he have been sure? And surprise seems to have been an absolute requisite for getting away with this.

by Anonymousreply 521November 30, 2022 6:48 PM

I made the mistake of listening to one of Nancy Grace’s podcasts on this. I got as far as “Xana Kern-Yoodle.”

The phrase “knifed ‘em dead” was also involved.

by Anonymousreply 522November 30, 2022 6:53 PM

The vigil in Moscow will be carried live, tonight, 6 pm, Mountain Time. Everyone seems so sure that the killer will be there. Maybe he'll be arrested at the climax of the event.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523November 30, 2022 6:57 PM

[quote]The local yokels like this prosecutor have absolutely no idea how to deal with the media.

I cringe when I see them talking to the media.

They shouldn't be talking to the media if they don't have any new information.

I can't believe they waited so long to bring in the cars for processing. The FBI is there too. They're just as bad. I know more than these clowns just from watching true crime tv programs

by Anonymousreply 524November 30, 2022 6:59 PM

R512 they had to listen to Nancy Grace speak

by Anonymousreply 525November 30, 2022 7:01 PM

That vigil link in R523 doesn't work, find it down towards the bottom of this local news link, a link for uidaho.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526November 30, 2022 7:02 PM

I suppose it may not be the FBI’s best and brightest dispatched to idaho. On the other hand, the local LE has to be the the lead when in front of the media. And , likely there is a lot that the fbi is managing in terms of complexity that we just don’t know.

by Anonymousreply 527November 30, 2022 7:08 PM

Well hell, r522! I have laughed so hard, I have tears streaming and my diaphragm hurts.

You perfectly described Nancy's chop-chop delivery, and "stewpid" pronunciations.

by Anonymousreply 528November 30, 2022 7:27 PM

I thought Kaylee's family might have been hinting it was one of the 'other' people that was targeted. Went way out of their way to say Kaylee was NOT being stalked, sister said she DEFINITELY would have known about it so forget that! Then they said it could NOT have been her ex-boyfriend Jack so forget about that! But... (and there was some slight comment that I took as - it was targeted, yes, but not OUR girl)

But that could just be defensiveness - not wanting to be blamed (or for her to be blamed). Remember that - oh yes, Kaylee would call people at all hours over and over and it would be about absolutely nothing! Like what should she have for breakfast!! Just strange. And I think they said they knew something but LE told them they had to keep quiet about it?

by Anonymousreply 529November 30, 2022 9:40 PM

So breaking into strangers' homes and knifing them to death is a really weird thing to do. Yet what about those other killings in Oregon - the elderly couple and...now I can't remember, but another attack - a younger couple I think, and the wife survived and said the attacker was masked?

What are the odds there would be three attacks like this in a 100-mile radius or so?

by Anonymousreply 530November 30, 2022 9:41 PM

Link to Part Five

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531November 30, 2022 9:48 PM

Someone on a thread here I thought said that they were afraid to have Kaylee’s funeral in case the killer shows up vs the other ones who have (I think Madison and Ethan have had there funeral services.

by Anonymousreply 532November 30, 2022 10:22 PM

I hope all the Eta Pi's will be wearing your letter-jerseys for the vigil tonite. We'll all be seated in a block, right behind the Sigma Chi's, of course.

by Anonymousreply 533November 30, 2022 10:28 PM

My chug jug has been painted black and filled with Fireball. I'll be there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 534November 30, 2022 11:02 PM

Keep your eyes peeled for *anyone* twitching involuntarily and squinting.

by Anonymousreply 535November 30, 2022 11:06 PM

"OMG! Does anyone else see Kaylee's blood in that guy's hair!?!?!? I swear I see hair clumped together with dried blood, and it looks exactly like the blood Kaylee would have!! That's definitely not Maddie's blood. Quick, somebody find out who he is so I can get started on the bad Yelp reviews for his employer! Wait! Wait! He's also wearing long sleeves, and it's only November!! You know what that means: he's hiding SCRATCHES!!! Guys, I'm literally shaking and screaming right now! We did it! We caught him!!!"

by Anonymousreply 536November 30, 2022 11:30 PM

^Calm down Misty, you're gonna freak him out and he'll run!

by Anonymousreply 537November 30, 2022 11:33 PM

Like the Manson murders, it will be someone flapping their mouth 6 months to a year down the road

by Anonymousreply 538November 30, 2022 11:49 PM

Cameras everywhere. They're having it indoors, with lots of nice bright lighting.

by Anonymousreply 539December 1, 2022 12:07 AM

OMG! The choir is wearing black!! Only SATANISTS wear black!!!

by Anonymousreply 540December 1, 2022 12:17 AM

Sure didn't last very long. I think it was just a photo op for the perp.

by Anonymousreply 541December 1, 2022 12:56 AM

Can anyone explain why they think the killer or killers would be there?

by Anonymousreply 542December 1, 2022 12:58 AM

It's just a feeling I've got, let's say.

by Anonymousreply 543December 1, 2022 1:02 AM

R542, LE as well as established profilers have stated that very often killer(s) show up at vigils to secretly revel in the results of their "handiwork." Gives them a bizarre thrill or a powerful high.

Serial killers especially operate with a totally different psychopathic mindset thinking I caused everyone to grieve and therefore I am playing "god." Sickening I know.

by Anonymousreply 544December 1, 2022 1:14 AM

In this case though the perp could live stream and wank all the way through.

by Anonymousreply 545December 1, 2022 1:17 AM

Being there is the real deal. If he was in fact a student, I'd bet he went.

by Anonymousreply 546December 1, 2022 1:22 AM

Also, if it was someone pretty close to the victims, it might look suspicious if they didn't go.

by Anonymousreply 547December 1, 2022 1:47 AM

I wasn't sure which thread we were using, so I posted this in the other one. It's been confirmed by Kaylee's father that she and Madison were in the same bed. I know there was a lot of speculation about it in the beginning, but nothing official. I think this really diminishes the serial killer scenario in which someone went in with the intent of killing everyone in the house.

If he went to kill Kaylee and found Madison in the bed, he'd have to kill her to eliminate a witness. Same thing on the main floor: if Ethan and Xana heard a struggle and Ethan went out to confront him, they'd have to be killed as well.

"In the end they died together; in the same room, and the same bed."

by Anonymousreply 548December 1, 2022 1:48 AM

Any updates?

by Anonymousreply 549December 1, 2022 7:47 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550December 1, 2022 8:48 PM

R549 police chief did a presser where he explained that people need to calm down and that they have every reason to release as little information as possible to the public to protect the investigation. He talked about protecting a trial, a lot of the language seems to suggest that the investigation is taking a particular direction and that they're confident this is not a cold case.

by Anonymousreply 551December 1, 2022 10:35 PM

So many dudes' jizz is probably all over that house. These murders will be impossible to solve!

by Anonymousreply 552December 2, 2022 12:00 AM

R542/R544 - Perhaps the most chilling example of a perpetrator admiring his handiwork was the East Area Rapist in Sacramento before he morphed into the Golden State Killer. At the height of the Sacramento assaults, LE agencies held a community meeting at a local school. People were tense and scared. The PD fully expected the EAR to attend. Police took pictures of the audience and photos of license plates of cars in the lot and neighborhood. One man stood up and said he didn't understand how the rapist could subdue the men in the household. I don't know if he gave his name or the EAR followed him home from the meeting. A few weeks later he struck, and gave the man a real life "How to'" lesson. I don't think to this day police are able to pick him out of the crowd photos, but he most certainly was there.

by Anonymousreply 553December 2, 2022 12:03 AM

R552 Why, was it once a Frat House?

by Anonymousreply 554December 2, 2022 12:03 AM

R550 I was expecting blood covered walls and now I'm disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 555December 2, 2022 1:37 PM

That black light was lighting up like a Katy Perry song!

by Anonymousreply 556December 2, 2022 2:37 PM

[quote]WTH, the two blonde girls looked like twins

Wait, they're not??? I saw the picture and thought they had to be sisters at the very least.

by Anonymousreply 557December 2, 2022 3:05 PM

They’re cousins, identical cousins, But Kaylee’s only seen the sights a girl can see from Potato Heights, such an unusual pair!

by Anonymousreply 558December 2, 2022 3:27 PM

They do not actually look alike. They are styled alike and smile alike... like a dog and it's owner or an old married couple, being best friends like childhood does something probably. But their features and even body type is very different.

by Anonymousreply 559December 2, 2022 4:41 PM

I’m starting to think the other 2 girls were somehow involved. I thought it was ridiculous at first, but how could they not hear anything while 4 people were being stabbed to death. Then they call their friends and not 911.

by Anonymousreply 560December 2, 2022 4:43 PM

r560 You don't know any of that. From what we heard they ran out of the house in hysterics as soon as seeing a victim and 911 was called within moments of that event. But of course we do not know that for sure either.

by Anonymousreply 561December 2, 2022 4:51 PM

R560 Their reactions, fainting and hysterics, to seem a bit over the top and proscribed, like they made the decisions about what to do ahead of time. And these kids have grown up in ultraviolet videos games, have you ever watched Dead By Daylight, where they hook people and do horrendous things to them? Most teens would look at a scene of carnage with a bored yawn.

by Anonymousreply 562December 2, 2022 4:56 PM

R561, that doesn’t negate any of what I posted. I was watching Court TV Commentary and they were basically saying the same thing about how odd it was that neither heard anything. Some of the 4 had defensive wounds as well. It’s very, very strange.

by Anonymousreply 563December 2, 2022 5:02 PM

Most teens would look at a scene of carnage with a bored yawn.

Nope, none would, not a single one. There are many possibilities of reaction, but being bored is not one of them. Running and screaming is probably the most normal one - and the smartest - how do you instantly know there is no danger?

I have not even heard of Dead By Daylight. Are you 100% positive that's something these girls played? Wouldn't even say that all girls play video games.

by Anonymousreply 564December 2, 2022 5:07 PM

R562 great example of just how out of it the olds are

by Anonymousreply 565December 2, 2022 5:17 PM

More bullshit speculation/moronic misinformation from the likes of R560/R562.

by Anonymousreply 566December 2, 2022 5:19 PM

Even if they’re not playing Dead by Daylight they’re watching cute streamer boys play on Twitch. Twitch is a huge part of their lives, even I, an old, knows that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 567December 2, 2022 5:29 PM

R566, you’re a idiot. I posted once at R560. I barely posted in this thread at all so take your frau ass back to webslueths and Reddit.

by Anonymousreply 568December 2, 2022 6:06 PM

^^ Barely = 1 dozen times

by Anonymousreply 569December 2, 2022 6:14 PM

Look cunt R560/R568, floating the bogus idea two innocent people are involved in 4 horrific murders is the epitome of fraus ass websleuthing, you misinformation-spreading gash. I'm not on Reddit precisely because of assholes like you.

by Anonymousreply 570December 2, 2022 6:14 PM

R560 I've spent some time much like Ethan staying over with girls I was seeing who lived in off-campus party streets. If you don't sleep like a baby through screams it wouldn't be possible, I'm pretty sure your mind adjusts to the common kinds of noises you're used to. Rummaging, stumbling, screaming, all common well into 3-5am in such areas. One ex told me that they often woke up to people walking through their yard, trying to open their door confused, and I got used to nonstop screaming and yelling from outside pretty quickly myself without living there. Still it's very possible that there just wasn't that much noise at all. If you were stabbed in the chest or throat just once with that type of knife - there's no screaming. K/M both in the bed, that could have easily been silent. Doesn't require secret agent special forces skills. Ethan wasn't in his bed according to the talk around the 911 call - that doesn't mean there was a fight, he could have sprung up and stumbled a few feet out of the room and collapsed. All in all other things in the area may have been even noisier if there were parties at nearby locations and kids returning from bars/frat houses around the streets. It's just not anything to be all that suspicious of truly.

by Anonymousreply 571December 2, 2022 6:18 PM

FF R560/R568.

by Anonymousreply 572December 2, 2022 6:23 PM

R560 posts just like looney Redditors and WS fraus and accuses others of being hysterical refugees from those sites? How very DARVO it.

by Anonymousreply 573December 2, 2022 6:26 PM

The mother of one of the victims (Kemnoodle, Kernoodle, sp?) was arrested a few days ago for drug possession,and related charges, and couldn't make it to a campus vigil because she was still in jail. I've always stated that I think these kids were involved in a large drug operation and wanted out, and this was the result. I'm waiting for the lid to blow off of this one. Looks like somebody's Momma was highly involved. Bad Momma!

by Anonymousreply 574December 2, 2022 6:33 PM

More character assassinating without a shred of proof at R574.

What a bunch of assholes you misinformation spreaders are.

by Anonymousreply 575December 2, 2022 6:35 PM

One of the moms went to jail before the killings, the other a few days after. Can't remember which one is which, but it is true that two of them are in jail, R575.

by Anonymousreply 576December 2, 2022 6:37 PM

So therefore...4 murders, R576?

by Anonymousreply 577December 2, 2022 6:42 PM

NANCY Drew alert at R576.

by Anonymousreply 578December 2, 2022 6:42 PM

R568, a thread full of armchair detectives is probably the last place you should lie about your post history.

by Anonymousreply 579December 2, 2022 6:45 PM

Well, one thing has been established: R568 is a fucking liar who, counter to her claims, has posted here numerous times, then calls others fraus who spread misinformation on Reddit. A page from the Trump playbook.

by Anonymousreply 580December 2, 2022 6:47 PM

R580, you had made your point but then your TDS struck. Sad!

by Anonymousreply 581December 2, 2022 7:02 PM

Pointing out liars on this thread is a busy business, R581. Liars like you.

by Anonymousreply 582December 2, 2022 7:18 PM

Girls… Girls! Stop it right now!

by Anonymousreply 583December 2, 2022 7:19 PM

Anyone who can add 2+2 together, and end up with a total of 4 knows that the police are carefully and slowly releasing info because there is something massive going on in this "sleepy little college town."

by Anonymousreply 584December 2, 2022 7:35 PM

"there is something massive going on"

More armchair guessing being stated as fact.

by Anonymousreply 585December 2, 2022 7:43 PM

I think they're about as on top of this as the police in all the cities and towns where Bundy murdered people - was it 50? More? And then the jail in Colorado I think where he escaped. I think he escaped somewhere else too? Good grief. A macabre comedy if it weren't so tragic. It took him getting wildly desperate and sloppy - almost begging to be caught - for it to finally end, after like five years of killing!

by Anonymousreply 586December 2, 2022 7:56 PM

Bring in the luminol.

by Anonymousreply 587December 2, 2022 8:12 PM

As to the girls sleeping through murders, yes, in a party house in a college town screams, stumbling, and thumping at night are normal. Also, I'm wondering if sound carries through that oddly constructed house, I forget who's supposed to be on which floor of which half, but some of the floors don't even share a common wall with the other half of the house so sound wouldn't carry. And if it's true that half the house is an add-on, the wall between the two halves of the house might be thicker than a typical interior wall.

And I'm sure that sleeping heavily is also a thing, among party-hardy college kids who live in a town where there's nothing better to do on weekends except get hammered, so no. The two surviving girls aren't high on my list of suspects.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588December 2, 2022 9:31 PM

You don't go barging into domestic squabbling, either. So maybe they heard what might be a skuffle but who wants to get in the middle of a fight? And then it got very quiet so they might have figured - well, I guess everything is ok now, and they went to sleep at 4am and slept till noon.

by Anonymousreply 589December 2, 2022 9:38 PM

I still think the dog did it.

by Anonymousreply 590December 2, 2022 9:42 PM

The only thing I can surmise is that the two females who were sharing the same bed, and the boy-girl couple sharing their own bed, were butchered by someone who quietly walked in and snuck up on them and immediately slashed the sleeping victims in the throat, in the lungs, and on or in any other part of their upper bodies that would have stifled their ability to scream. If, for instance, you plunge a long knife directly into the throat of someone, they're not going to be able to scream very loudly. It was the element of surprise visited upon sleeping people that could easily have prevented any significant noise they would have made otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 591December 2, 2022 9:43 PM

R562 that is probably the silliest comment made across all four parts of these threads. You clearly are not used to being around human beings, especially those under 75 if you actually believe that. And by the way, stop watching so much tv. Get out in the world and socialize.

by Anonymousreply 592December 2, 2022 9:45 PM

Re the gaming getting kids used to screaming and murder, AHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!

Yes, there are lots of girl gamers, serious and casual, but not among sorority girls! Why would they waste time on games, when there are Kardashian episodes and beauty bloggers they need to check out? A girl's gotta think of her future, she's gotta be able to do better than a gamer loser!

by Anonymousreply 593December 2, 2022 10:05 PM

Cara Denise Kernodle, mother of murder victim Dana Kernodle, was arrested six days after her daughter was murdered, for an outstanding drug warrant. Police are investigating to see if her mother's arrest warrant has a possible connection to the murders.

by Anonymousreply 594December 2, 2022 10:14 PM

It's quite a leap to go from "arrested for an outstanding drug warrant" to the implication that she was involved in some Idaho drug cartel that ended up murdering not just her daughter and her bed companion, but 2 more people? We'll see, Nancy Drew at R594.

by Anonymousreply 595December 2, 2022 10:38 PM

Oh ffs, how many times do we need posts reiterating the charges against the mother and stepmother. Please read the threads and catch up lol.

by Anonymousreply 596December 2, 2022 10:44 PM

I'm curious what kind of drug offenses they were arrested for. What are the "mothers' little helpers" providing shelter nowadays? I'd assume opioids of some sort. They're way better than benzos at killing feelings.

by Anonymousreply 597December 2, 2022 10:48 PM

We don't all have endless hours, r596, to sit around all day and read every post on every thread. Nor do I care to. R.egardless of who might share my opinions, and already has expressed similar thoughts, You are not the The Boss of DataLounge.

by Anonymousreply 598December 3, 2022 2:06 AM

What a childish comment “you are not the boss of datalounge”. Are you 12?

If you’re interested enough to repeat stuff already on the thread then at least keep up with what’s in the news about it. Otherwise you’re pretty annoying.

by Anonymousreply 599December 3, 2022 2:51 AM

Next thread has been up and running, continue there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600December 3, 2022 2:53 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!