Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Christmas Gift Catalogues

The Horchow Collection, The Art Institute of Chicago, Tiffany, Boston Museum of Fine Arts, MoMa, Marshall Fields, Gumps, and of course Neiman Marcus. This time of year I used to have a stack of these on the coffee table, with more arriving every day. You could pore over them to your heart's content, whether you bought anything or not....I miss them!!

You can still get Harry & David - but it's not really the same...

by Anonymousreply 3November 23, 2022 8:10 PM

I swear Williams Sonoma sent a dozen+ catalogs a year. Some of them had nice recipes, too.

by Anonymousreply 1November 23, 2022 7:15 PM

There was on that sold Broadway posters (can't remember the name) but I would cut them out - they'd be like 1 inch by 2 inches - and make Christmas ornaments out of them. I still have them - A CHORUS LINE, EVITA, CATS, CHICAGO, etc etc.

by Anonymousreply 2November 23, 2022 7:25 PM

I had a huge crush on Regen Horchow—I sat next to her in history class at the Andover Summer Session. I thought she was the second coming of Ali McGraw. It cracked me up to later see her in her father’s catalogues.

by Anonymousreply 3November 23, 2022 8:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!