Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Right-wing influencers and media double down on anti-LGBTQ rhetoric in wake of Colorado shooting

Tucker Carlson was among the conservative media figures that continued attacking LGBTQ people in the wake of the Club Q shooting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87December 14, 2022 11:17 AM

On Monday evening, Fox News host Tucker Carlson condemned the shooting, focusing on the suspect’s reported history of making a bomb threat in 2021. Three minutes into his nearly 15-minute monologue, however, Carlson’s show displayed a graphic reading “STOP SEXUALIZING KIDS.” On Tuesday evening, Carlson hosted a guest who said shootings would continue to happen "until we end this evil agenda that is attacking children."

Alejandra Caraballo, a clinical instructor at Harvard Law School’s Cyberlaw Clinic, said that the repetitive messaging from Carlson and others has opened the door for violence against LGBTQ people.

“The way they soften up the support for this kind of violence is essentially by making it seem morally justified in the minds of people who believe this,” Caraballo said. “The way they do this is by constantly painting LGBT people as pedophiles and groomers, and so people feel morally justified in carrying out this violence.”

Some well-followed accounts on social media that have routinely and misleadingly associated LGBTQ people with sexualizing children continued to do so in recent days.

Tim Pool, a conservative internet personality with 1.4 million followers on Twitter, targeted the venue, Club Q, where the shooting happened.

“We shouldn’t tolerate pedophiles grooming kids,” Pool tweeted. “Club Q had a grooming event. How do prevent the violence and stop the grooming?” Pool appeared to be referring to all-ages drag Sunday brunches that were being hosted at the venue.

by Anonymousreply 1November 23, 2022 12:55 PM

Hmmm... Suspiciously sounds exactly like a few people on DL...

by Anonymousreply 2November 23, 2022 12:55 PM

Typical GOP--creating a narrative that has no relationship to reality and then doubling down on it:

Matt Walsh, a prominent conservative YouTuber known for his criticism of LGBTQ people, published a video on Tuesday titled, “Why The Left Is So Desperate To Expose Children To Drag Queens.” Walsh, who has 1.9 million YouTube subscribers, called the shooting “tragic” but doubled down on his attacks on drag queens. “Is it that hard to not crossdress in front of kids? Is the compulsion that overwhelming?” he asked in the video. “If it’s causing this much chaos and violence, why do you insist on continuing to do it?”

by Anonymousreply 3November 23, 2022 12:57 PM

Well, duh. They are seeing results of their Campaign of Hate! Why stop now?

by Anonymousreply 4November 23, 2022 12:58 PM

Democratic leaders refuse to call this information out. All they say is “hold hands”, they rarely refute Republican talking points to make things clear.

Like come on Biden, come on AOC, call it out. The right is using old school tactics straight from the homophobic handbooks of the 1940’s and 1950’s and creating an agenda to discriminate against lgbt people again!

Like someone with a voice, please say something.

That won’t happen.

by Anonymousreply 5November 23, 2022 1:00 PM

[quote] Like come on Biden, come on AOC, call it out.

AOC DID call out Boebart

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 23, 2022 1:05 PM

Lauren Boebert defends her past anti-LGBTQ and anti-trans tweets during KOA radio interview in wake of Club Q shooting.

Because she thinks shooting up LGBT is fun fun fun!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 23, 2022 1:06 PM

Perhaps OP and the rest of the posters outraged at the "right-wing" have completely forgotten (conveniently ignored?) that Club Q had a scheduled Drag Brunch for parents and CHILDREN the morning after the shooting.

by Anonymousreply 8November 23, 2022 1:06 PM

Oh no! Not a drag brunch with children!

Were the parents forced to bring their children, or would it have been their choice?

Why are you against parental choice?

by Anonymousreply 9November 23, 2022 1:11 PM

R9 You know very well it's NOT about parental choice. Because no sensible, sane parent would expose their child to a highly sexualized drag show. Why do you believe children should be exposed to situations they are ill-equipped to handle?

by Anonymousreply 10November 23, 2022 1:14 PM

W&W for R9.

by Anonymousreply 11November 23, 2022 1:16 PM

[quote] You know very well it's NOT about parental choice. Because no sensible, sane parent would expose their child to a highly sexualized drag show. Why do you believe children should be exposed to situations they are ill-equipped to handle?

It’s not about parental choice only because you’re making that choice for them, and all parents must bow to your decision

by Anonymousreply 12November 23, 2022 1:23 PM

R12 No one makes the choice but parents. Who are far more sensible that you and OP as to what situations their children can and cannot handle.

And I ask yet again, why do you believe children should be exposed to situations they are ill-equipped to handle?

by Anonymousreply 13November 23, 2022 1:26 PM

I believe that parents should make that decision, not the government

And certainly not terrorists who excuse shooting up a gay bar because there was going to be a drag brunch the next day.

Keep your nazi politics out of my family, you scum

by Anonymousreply 14November 23, 2022 1:29 PM

R14, what are your thoughts on teachers keeping a student’s preferred pronouns secret from their parents?

by Anonymousreply 15November 23, 2022 1:32 PM

Children would be a wet blanket at any drag event. They'd spoil the vibe.

by Anonymousreply 16November 23, 2022 1:32 PM

[quote] I believe that parents should make that decision, not the government

The government makes many decisions in the interest of child protection. Surely you are not against protecting children.

[quote] And certainly not terrorists who excuse shooting up a gay bar because there was going to be a drag brunch the next day.

Where do you see that posted on this thread?

[quote] Keep your nazi politics out of my family, you scum

Nazi politics? Which one are those? Exactly?

by Anonymousreply 17November 23, 2022 1:34 PM

[quote] Where do you see that posted on this thread?

At r8

by Anonymousreply 18November 23, 2022 1:35 PM

FOAD, R17. You are NOT welcome here.

by Anonymousreply 19November 23, 2022 1:36 PM

[quote] The government makes many decisions in the interest of child protection. Surely you are not against protecting children.

No, I’m against you Nazis suddenly decided that drag is inherently sexual and therefor is suddenly the major concern that you think justifies violence.

by Anonymousreply 20November 23, 2022 1:37 PM

F&F R8.

by Anonymousreply 21November 23, 2022 1:40 PM

R18 There is nothing in R8 that excuses anything.

R19 Another thread fascist heard from.

[quote] I’m against you Nazis suddenly decided that drag is inherently sexual and therefor is suddenly the major concern that you think justifies violence.

R20 Drag is inherently sexual. Look at drag queens. Exaggerated make-up and dress. Exaggerated sexuality is the essence of drag.

No one is justifying violence. No matter how many times you erroneously repeat otherwise

by Anonymousreply 22November 23, 2022 1:44 PM

R12 R20 And for the third time I ask why do you believe children should be exposed to situations they are ill-equipped to handle?

by Anonymousreply 23November 23, 2022 1:46 PM

I believe that’s the parents’ right to choose, not you.

I reject your premise that a man dressed in women’s clothing is automatically sexual. And believing so makes you a pervert.

by Anonymousreply 24November 23, 2022 1:50 PM

[quote] You know very well it's NOT about parental choice. Because no sensible, sane parent would expose their child to a highly sexualized drag show.

...how to say you've never gone to a drag show without saying you've never gone to a drag show

by Anonymousreply 25November 23, 2022 1:53 PM

This isn’t about drag shows. It’s about these Nazis being able to control what other people do.

by Anonymousreply 26November 23, 2022 1:54 PM

[quote] And for the third time I ask why do you believe children should be exposed to situations they are ill-equipped to handle?

Tons of kids go to the drag shows in Ptown during family week. The drag queens know their audience and there are no sexual references or bad words.

The kids aren't damaged for life. Not even for an hour.

by Anonymousreply 27November 23, 2022 1:54 PM

[quote] Drag is inherently sexual. Look at drag queens. Exaggerated make-up and dress.

Wow, you're a freak

by Anonymousreply 28November 23, 2022 1:55 PM

[quote] Nazi politics? Which one are those? Exactly?

You

by Anonymousreply 29November 23, 2022 1:55 PM

If you've been to a drag show or seen Rupauls drag race then you'd know not every thing is sexual. There is definitely an aspect that is sexual to some of it but many shows and routines arent at all.

by Anonymousreply 30November 23, 2022 1:55 PM

[quote] Perhaps OP and the rest of the posters outraged at the "right-wing" have completely forgotten (conveniently ignored?) that Club Q had a scheduled Drag Brunch for parents and CHILDREN the morning after the shooting

SAVE THE CHILDREN!!!

by Anonymousreply 31November 23, 2022 1:56 PM

Right wing fag getting his licks in:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32November 23, 2022 1:56 PM

Leave the muthafucken kids alone. I will cut the muthafucka who brings a muthafucken drag Queen into my child’s classroom.

by Anonymousreply 33November 23, 2022 1:56 PM

How sick do you have to be to come to a gay website and bad mouth other queer people? The anti trans, anti drag trolls here must be really unhappy people. The same people in the media who are saying trans/non binary people are mentally ill and dangerous would have said the same thing about GAY MEN 40 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 34November 23, 2022 1:57 PM

Russia's anti-gay laws are written as "Protect the children" laws. As if anything an LGBT person does will harm children.

The anti-drag troll on here is just spouting the same Russian talking points. Once those Russian laws were enacted, hate crimes against LGBT went up to record levels.

Of course, that was the point.

by Anonymousreply 35November 23, 2022 1:59 PM

R33 manages to be racist and homophobic in the same post (and not very funny).

by Anonymousreply 36November 23, 2022 1:59 PM

[quote] The anti trans, anti drag trolls here must be really unhappy people.

They're getting paid

by Anonymousreply 37November 23, 2022 1:59 PM

These are the exact same points that Fox News and Boebart keep pushing.

These trolls and they are connected.

by Anonymousreply 38November 23, 2022 2:00 PM

[quote] And for the third time I ask why do you believe children should be exposed to situations they are ill-equipped to handle?

Why should you be the sole arbiter of which situations children are or aren't equipped to handle? Why not let parents make that decision for themselves? If you don't think your child can handle a drag brunch, don't take them to one.

by Anonymousreply 39November 23, 2022 2:01 PM

Who the fuck would pay people to come post shit here? THIS ISN'T FACEBOOK. There is no big audience that they want to reach. Datalounge is basically the same 12 people posting over and over again. I know this since I am one of them.

by Anonymousreply 40November 23, 2022 2:04 PM

Stop grooming boys to be aggressive, brain-damaged, abusers. Take off that Tom Brady shirt and end football drag once and for all. You are not and never will be an athlete you fat fucking dick/cunt.

Outlaw women wearing pants, jeans, athletic wear, and all male clothing.

All cosmetics that alter appearance should be banned, the same with hair dye and high heels. Stop pretending to be who you are not. God hates all that gay shit. That's why you never hear of drag queen bible story brunch.

by Anonymousreply 41November 23, 2022 2:14 PM

God is fictional character you retard r41

by Anonymousreply 42November 23, 2022 2:16 PM

Half of DL is at least this vicious towards trans people and the drag community. Most of you don't have guns, but your dehumanizing rhetoric is on ghastly display here every day.

How long until a deranged gay guy shoots up a drag brunch or a trans book club?

by Anonymousreply 43November 23, 2022 2:18 PM

Children are guileless until taught otherwise by experience or, for instance, by parents.

What YOU see and experience at a drag show and what THEY see and experience at a drag show are two separate things. I happen to find drag queens tedious; children apparently find them to be funny.

Unless children are being corralled and forced to watch these shows as opposed to experiencing them with their approving parents, what we onlookers think isn't pertinent.

I would save my concern for, say, children watching an adult making fun of a disabled person, and not a man dressing up as a woman.

Don't over analyze it. Children don't.

by Anonymousreply 44November 23, 2022 2:19 PM

R41, you are the retard. So rich!

by Anonymousreply 45November 23, 2022 2:24 PM

I’m pretty sure r41 is satire

by Anonymousreply 46November 23, 2022 2:25 PM

As per Betty:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47November 23, 2022 2:43 PM

Another:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48November 23, 2022 2:44 PM

Another:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49November 23, 2022 2:44 PM

Another:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50November 23, 2022 2:45 PM

Perhaps stop by the Vatican's website next?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51November 23, 2022 2:45 PM

Let's chat about Cons!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52November 23, 2022 2:46 PM

BFFs with pedos!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53November 23, 2022 2:47 PM

Drag queens talk about sex the way politicians talk about thoughts and prayers and Christians talk about love. Everyone knows they’re full of it. Drag queens are in on the joke.

by Anonymousreply 54November 23, 2022 6:39 PM

r54 must be a drag queen.

by Anonymousreply 55November 23, 2022 9:35 PM

Cite your source, R54.

(excellent oped today from Lauren Hough, who's had it with your homophobic/transphobic horseshit)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56November 23, 2022 9:42 PM

I had completely forgotten about this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57November 23, 2022 11:15 PM

Um, R57? What in the everloving fuck does that song have to do with...ANYTHING in this thread?

by Anonymousreply 58November 23, 2022 11:22 PM

Never mind, R57. "Gay bar", noted. My how clever you are.

by Anonymousreply 59November 23, 2022 11:26 PM

Cunt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60November 23, 2022 11:58 PM

Cunt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61November 23, 2022 11:58 PM

R43, remember that gay conservative that went on a tirade at a drag story hour and shortly after committed suicide? At least he had the decency to kill himself before he did anyone serious harm.

by Anonymousreply 62November 24, 2022 12:48 AM

[quote] Defense attorneys said late Tuesday that the suspect is nonbinary and in court filings referred to the suspect as “Mx. Aldrich.” The attorneys’ footnotes assert that Aldrich is nonbinary and uses they/them pronouns.

[quote]Prosecutor Michael Allen repeatedly referred to the suspect as “he” during a press briefing after the hearing and said the suspect’s gender status would not change anything about the case in his opinion. Allen said Aldrich was “physically competent” to stand charges.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63November 24, 2022 12:52 AM

I hope the prosecutor is reprimanded. Imagine if anyone had called frail, lesbian Dana Rivers a he, all hell would break lose.

by Anonymousreply 64November 24, 2022 12:54 AM

OMG

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65November 24, 2022 1:16 AM

This is where Trans Hate leads people, right to the bodies of LGBTQ people dead in a club or on the street, or in a movie theater, or in their own houses.

And MOTHERFUCKING MURIEL won't lift a finger to stop it spreading here no matter how abusive and vile those fucking Hags get. It's shameful for them to have the run of this website.

by Anonymousreply 66November 24, 2022 1:25 AM

R65, So fat and ugly. How he even worked up the strength to step out from the basement is a mystery.

by Anonymousreply 67November 24, 2022 1:27 AM

[quote]How sick do you have to be to come to a gay website and bad mouth [bold] other queer people[/bold]?

Datalounge is a gay website. Not "queer", and definitely not trans or non-binary. The TQ+ hangers-on obfuscate the definition of homosexuality (same-sex attraction) and weaken the rights gay men and women have fought for. LGB is about same-sex attraction. Trans and queer are about magical thinking — that lopping off healthy body parts or dying a blue streak in your hair will better align you with your sacred gender soul. If that's not insanity, I don't know what is.

Take your TQ+ shit and fuck right off this gay site, R34.

by Anonymousreply 68November 24, 2022 1:28 AM

[quote]R46: I’m pretty sure [R41] is satire

How can you tell?

Have you ever heard of Poe's Law?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69November 24, 2022 2:45 AM

R66, it’s the TQs who are bringing down the gays.

by Anonymousreply 70November 24, 2022 3:52 AM

WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!???!!!

by Anonymousreply 71November 24, 2022 4:31 AM

The anti-TQ troll fully approves of the “groomer” rhetoric that has made gay people the targets of deadly violence.

Don’t you, cunt?

by Anonymousreply 72November 24, 2022 4:53 AM

You know what else children aren’t prepared to deal with? Watching their friends get slaughtered in a classroom by some goddamned ammosexual.

It’s not gay people or drag queens traumatizing kids. It’s fucking active shooter drills and living in fucking FEAR OF BEING SHOT AT ANY TIME OR ANYWHERE!

THAT is what’s fucking traumatizing to kids!

Drag queens aren’t shooting up schools. Only “straight white males” do that shit! Take your lies, your hate, your pathetic fear and your fucking BULLSHIT and GTFO!

by Anonymousreply 73November 24, 2022 6:17 AM

[quote] You know what else children aren’t prepared to deal with? Watching their friends get slaughtered in a classroom

At least R73 acknowledges that children aren't prepared to deal with drag queens, in addition to the senseless anger and mindless violence that are an integral part of American culture. BOTH traumatize children and while children cannot be protected from America's random, mindless violence, they can be protected from situations that they are emotionally/mentally unprepared for.

The vast majority of parents are sensible enough to keep their children far away from drag shows. It is due to those parents who are less sensible that the government steps in to ensure the welfare of the children via a variety of child protection agencies and laws. Exactly because some parents don’t possess the wherewithal to make sensible decisions in the interest of their children that those children are exploited and subjected to traumatic situations that they never would have been had they responsible parents with a modicum of common sense.

by Anonymousreply 74November 24, 2022 7:09 AM

R6 That’s calling out bullshit “thoughts and prayers”, not that gays are pedos.

by Anonymousreply 75November 24, 2022 7:10 AM

They weren’t affected by dead first graders, why would suddenly care about the LGBTQ being gunned down? This is what they do. They know another story will come and no one will hold them responsible. They’ll just Hunter Biden their way out of doing anything productive and tangible to stop gun violence in this country. Their ok with us being an international embarrassment of gun crazed loons who will mow down anyone because we don’t like Mondays.

by Anonymousreply 76November 24, 2022 7:30 AM

[quote] They weren’t affected. This is what they do. They know another story. They’ll just Hunter Biden their way. Their (They're) ok with us

Americans are an angry, violent people. If "they" are the problem, then so are YOU with your angry scapegoating. The same anger that caused every one of America's shooters to walk into a public venue and start shooting.

by Anonymousreply 77November 24, 2022 7:59 AM

Oh for fuck sake, if that how you determine Americans are angry violent people, what say you about the millions that died in Europe during WW2? I guess everyone in the UK, France, Germany, Italy, Russia are angry violent people. Come back and talk shit about America when we pass the 20 million mark of people dead from violence in less than a 6 year period.

by Anonymousreply 78November 24, 2022 8:17 AM

Republicans (=at best situational psychopaths) will double, triple and quadruple down. There's no shame or conscience to appeal to.

by Anonymousreply 79November 24, 2022 1:05 PM

The only thing children or parents should fear when attending anything LGBTQ+ related is a shooter coming and killing them.

by Anonymousreply 80November 24, 2022 1:06 PM

We know who this troll is. There’s only one cunt who posts these right-wing talking points and then is astonished that we don’t buy into her nazi propaganda

by Anonymousreply 81November 24, 2022 1:07 PM

[R68] Fuck all the way of, you loathsome, fascist quisling. How despicable you must be to regurgitate this recycled homophobia now against trans people. Many of whose shoulders you stand on. And how deluded you must be to think this pick-me allying with situational sociopaths will mean you're safe in the long wrong. Disgusting beyond belief.

by Anonymousreply 82November 24, 2022 3:14 PM

[quote] Oh for fuck sake, if that how you determine Americans are angry violent people

R78 The daily assalts, attacks and murders that occur in the US as a matter of course happen no where else in the world. Angry, violent Americans spend every single minute of every single day assaulting one another, preying on one another, shooting one another, and walking into public venues, opening fire and murdering as many as they can. War is not an indication of a culture's inability to internally control itself.

That same rage can be seen in your and just about every other post on this thread. It's exactly that uncontrolled rage that compelled Aldrich to murder 5 and wound 18.

It might help to remember that in the few minutes it took me to type the above, 10 people were shot dead somewhere in America.

by Anonymousreply 83November 24, 2022 3:29 PM

Exactly this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84November 24, 2022 3:29 PM

Correction R83 assaUlts

by Anonymousreply 85November 24, 2022 3:35 PM

American anti-wokists have a new goal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86November 24, 2022 3:45 PM

We hate you fucking anti-Trans bigoted fanatics. Dying in grease fires is too good for the likes of you.

You're such huge LOSERS.

by Anonymousreply 87December 14, 2022 11:17 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!