Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

San Francisco fires Elections Commissioner for being white

The city commission voted to fire him and force to reapply for his job because of a "racial equity" initiative.

This is an obvious Civil Rights violation. Democrats don't care about rights anymore, do they?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66December 23, 2022 10:25 PM

They even went out of their way to let him know they were happy with his work, this was solely to hand his job off to someone of another race. Insane.

by Anonymousreply 1November 23, 2022 10:25 AM

Even Mayor Breed called them out over this.

by Anonymousreply 2November 23, 2022 10:43 AM

Here's a non-paywalled article. Also, he's the Elections Director, not Comissioner.

Here's what the Commissioner had to say:

[Quote]Elections Commissioner Cynthia Dai, who voted to not renew Arntz’s contract, said there was no performance-based reason for the commission’s decision. She did not dispute that San Francisco has run free, fair and functional elections for 20 years. Rather, she says, it was time to open up this position to a more diverse field; the city, she said, could not make progress on its racial equity goals without opening up its top positions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 23, 2022 10:45 AM

Presumably the ACLU isn't interested in this.

by Anonymousreply 4November 23, 2022 10:46 AM

this is how yt supremacists r born

by Anonymousreply 5November 23, 2022 10:51 AM

No, R5, this is how civil wars are born.

by Anonymousreply 6November 23, 2022 10:52 AM

And you wonder why white men vote for Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 7November 23, 2022 12:53 PM

He was NOT fired. The issue is that he was not rehired for an additional term. That is all.

by Anonymousreply 8November 23, 2022 1:09 PM

Hiring/keeping people on qualifications alone...not because of race. What a concept. This is so wrong...

by Anonymousreply 9November 23, 2022 1:09 PM

R8, if the contract was not renewed, because of his race, that is discrimination.

by Anonymousreply 10November 23, 2022 1:11 PM

Both parties have been hijacked by the loonies.. i don’t feel represented by either side anymore. Qtards and wokies are running the show now. It is terrifying.

by Anonymousreply 11November 23, 2022 1:26 PM

They're still doing this in 2022?

by Anonymousreply 12November 23, 2022 1:31 PM

Has this been a thing?

by Anonymousreply 13November 23, 2022 1:32 PM

R8 But now he and his lawyers have a public statement from one of the people who refused to renew his contract, stating explicitly that there was no performance issue, but he was rejected purely on diversity/racial grounds.

And THAT is a huge fucking payday in a civil lawsuit. The money he's about to get, plus the filthy scandal this will dump on the County's reputation, makes the firing all worthwhile. And next election, when the halfwit crony they hired to replace him (who will be a moron, but a visible minority!) fucks up the election five different ways, he'll be vindicated yet again.

by Anonymousreply 14November 23, 2022 1:36 PM

[quote] He was NOT fired. The issue is that he was not rehired for an additional term. That is all.

Barb from HR has weighed in.

by Anonymousreply 15November 23, 2022 1:37 PM

Go to any post office and look at the demographic of the workers to see what happens when the allegedly more equality-based individuals take over the hiring process.

by Anonymousreply 16November 23, 2022 1:39 PM

Recently a guy who does Sign Language at "The Lion King" was fired for being white. Can't blame producer Disney. TDF decided to give him the ax. He should sue for all their worth.

by Anonymousreply 17November 23, 2022 1:40 PM

First they came for the TV commercials and I said nothing…

by Anonymousreply 18November 23, 2022 1:40 PM

R11 and people shit on centrists/independents/moderates...it's insane.

by Anonymousreply 19November 23, 2022 1:43 PM

I love the growing drama between the mayor/supervisors and these batshit "citizen commissions." The normal city leaders - who do this for a living and actually give a shit - wanted to keep this guy. They say he cleaned up the broken system and restored faith in the city's elections. But these trash morons on the citizen board want him out because he's white. It's an example of good governance being destroyed by ignorant race-baiters.

He's an older guy, and he probably wouldn't have gone much longer without retiring. They could've waited until then to spring the next Angela Davis on everyone, and there would've been no scandal.

by Anonymousreply 20November 23, 2022 1:44 PM

Chynthia Dai decided not to renew....hmmmm.

by Anonymousreply 21November 23, 2022 1:44 PM

Cynthia*^

by Anonymousreply 22November 23, 2022 1:45 PM

[quote]First they came for the TV commercials and I said nothing…

I am laughing at the absurd accuracy of this comment. I saw a pickup truck commercial the other day that seemed targeted at Black people. Come on, y'all. Since when are Black folks shit kickers?? I am all for representation, however it seems that Black people in particular are now being over represented. I still haven’t seen in dwarfs in commercials.

by Anonymousreply 23November 23, 2022 1:46 PM

Lots of interracial couples in commercials, too...

by Anonymousreply 24November 23, 2022 1:48 PM

The sooner places like this lose major money in suits, the sooner these woke loons will be ostracized.

by Anonymousreply 25November 23, 2022 1:49 PM

R23 A colleague did her thesis on the way hybrids and fuel-efficient cars are marketed to different races and classes. She did an exhaustive survey of billboards, radio ads, magazine ads, etc. And she found a staggering disconnect along racial and class lines. This was a while ago, but it's probably still largely true.

Radio stations catering to Whitey, and billboards and magazines aimed at the suburbs? Priuses and minivans.

Radio stations that played "Black" music, and billboards in Black neighborhoods? Escalades and Navigators.

And they wonder why Black people don't buy Priuses.

by Anonymousreply 26November 23, 2022 1:50 PM

R26 that’s a which came first, the chicken or the egg? scenario

by Anonymousreply 27November 23, 2022 1:51 PM

Just when you could use a conservative Supreme Court, they’re nowhere to be found.

by Anonymousreply 28November 23, 2022 1:52 PM

R25 That's what happened with Oberlin.

by Anonymousreply 29November 23, 2022 1:53 PM

R28 This only happened yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 30November 23, 2022 1:53 PM

R26, your friend sounds like she really fell off the turnip truck on her way to Cluck U.

by Anonymousreply 31November 23, 2022 1:54 PM

Fah shame. Fkin brain dead liberals. He gives me strong low rent Chris Meloni vibes.

by Anonymousreply 32November 23, 2022 1:54 PM

[quote]I am all for representation, however it seems that Black people in particular are now being over represented. I still haven’t seen in dwarfs in commercials.

Be careful. I few months ago, I posted an inquiry as to why, all of a sudden, all the commercials featured black people. Did all of the advertising agencies get together and decide to do this at the same time? Or, was there pressure from govt agencies or civil rights groups? And why, in the name of diversity, were no other minority groups featured? There had to be a reason for the overnight change. Well, I was accused of being racist and ridiculed for being a conspiratorial Russian bot.

by Anonymousreply 33November 23, 2022 1:55 PM

And then what happened, r33?

by Anonymousreply 34November 23, 2022 1:56 PM

I want to know why the commercial are only cis straight blacks and not Trans Womyn of Color!? That is transphobic.

by Anonymousreply 35November 23, 2022 2:00 PM

The black population is getting the “angel” edit that 2nd wave feminism gave women. Perfect, infallible. It’s not about equality for all, it’s about the ability to abuse power too. If they really wanted to change things they’d attack the power structure.

by Anonymousreply 36November 23, 2022 2:02 PM

R33 White marketing executives are terrified of the BLM movement - which has nothing to do with them - and they're tripping over themselves to overrepresent people in ad campaigns. They're not doing it because they care or truly understand nonwhite America. They're just afraid of riots and protests, and being publicly shamed, so it's their way of saying "Please don't hurt us. We're your friends!"

Just like all these workplaces and major corporations who stick a flowery preface in their employee manual or shareholders meeting about what a generous and diverse company they are, and what marvelously open values they have. They don't, really. They still underpay people, exploit foreigners, and pollute the Earth, but they have to virtue signal that they are paying attention, or else they risk being called racist.

by Anonymousreply 37November 23, 2022 2:10 PM

I like how everyone here is talking about black people in relation to this story, like it's a given that when Democrats talk about diversity they really only mean black people and no other minority groups.

by Anonymousreply 38November 23, 2022 2:11 PM

^^ I'm not being sarcastic in my post, btw.

by Anonymousreply 39November 23, 2022 2:11 PM

I underpay people, exploit foreigners, and pollute the earth as well!

by Anonymousreply 40November 23, 2022 2:13 PM

And Frisco continues to sink into a third world shit hole. Residents have done it to themselves.

by Anonymousreply 41November 23, 2022 2:15 PM

R37 exactly. It is so disingenuous that the whole thing makes my skin crawl.

by Anonymousreply 42November 23, 2022 2:16 PM

What r37 said. It's so transparent that's why they're doing it.

by Anonymousreply 43November 23, 2022 2:22 PM

R37 don't forget the huge self congratulatory reminders of how they love the gays, via commercials and advertisements, come Pride Month. They shill out more money for that than Thanksgiving/Christmas related stuff.

by Anonymousreply 44November 23, 2022 2:22 PM

[quote] A colleague did her thesis on the way hybrids and fuel-efficient cars are marketed to different races and classes.

Her thesis for what? A doctorate in Commercials. Do we have to call her Dr. now?

I get that it gets harder to find topics but that seems more on the level of a good article for Consumer Reports.

by Anonymousreply 45November 23, 2022 2:22 PM

STAGGERING!

by Anonymousreply 46November 23, 2022 2:26 PM

R24 Stop Smoking" commercial. Black and White male couple. " I quit for him."

by Anonymousreply 47November 23, 2022 8:14 PM

Yes, R37 is spot on.

We're living in an era of "The Emperor's New Clothes". Like R43 noted, everyone knows what's going on. But everyone is afraid to say it.

by Anonymousreply 48November 26, 2022 7:42 PM

[quote]exploit foreigners

Lol. Foreigners do better than Americans. Especially illegals.

by Anonymousreply 49November 26, 2022 7:49 PM

Of course there is more to the story than OP’s race hustling post acknowledges. Fuck you, OP.

This person wasn’t fired. The contract was up. Requirements changed, as they often do, and the current occupant was told to go through the process again.

That’s not a civil rights violation, dipshit.

Trump is never coming back, OP. Accept it.

by Anonymousreply 50November 26, 2022 7:57 PM

R41, hard to be a third world shithole when you’re one of the richest cities in the world.

by Anonymousreply 51November 26, 2022 7:58 PM

R50 But according to the public comments of the commissioner, the incumbent passed all requirements of the new ringer. He was rejected explicitly for racial/diversity reasons. They felt it was time for a new person in the job, evidently discarding quantifiable measures of performance in favor of skin color.

The extent to which this was an unfair process or outcome will likely be decided by a jury in the coming lawsuit.

Personally, I hope he sues the balls off these assholes and wins.

by Anonymousreply 52November 26, 2022 9:30 PM

R50. Thanks for clarifying. I hate cunts who lie. OP, ya know that liars get cancer.

by Anonymousreply 53November 26, 2022 11:34 PM

R53 The absolute fuck are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 54November 26, 2022 11:49 PM

This is what happens when women get in power. All logic is set aside and everything goes to hell.

by Anonymousreply 55November 27, 2022 12:01 AM

R54, I'm talking about the truth thats what the fuck I am talking about.

by Anonymousreply 56November 27, 2022 12:33 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57November 27, 2022 11:57 AM

R56 The truth that they declined to renew his contract because of his race, which is a form of firing? There's an article in the OP and more articles linked, which have also been quoted in the thread repeatedly. No one is confused about this situation but you, desperate to gaslight everyone into pretending with you that it didn't happen at all.

by Anonymousreply 58November 27, 2022 3:25 PM

R50 posted the truth. Why lie?

by Anonymousreply 59November 27, 2022 3:26 PM

R50 Pissed on our legs and proudly informed us it is raining. Brava, R50! You are so stunning and brave.

by Anonymousreply 60November 27, 2022 3:38 PM

No, what I did was clearly and concisely explain to you that this commissioner was neither fired nor was he discriminated against. You are pressing an agenda. It didn't work.

In fact, none of your bullshit seems to be working anymore, does it?

by Anonymousreply 61December 6, 2022 7:48 AM

Deal with it. White males are finally going through the same pains of life that everyone else faces. Own it. Better yourself. Get a masters degree. Get more accomplishments. Network better. Pick yourself up by your boot straps.

by Anonymousreply 62December 6, 2022 9:17 AM

r62 What a stupid advice. This white has apparently been a competent or qualified person, not some uneducated incel. Come back to work wearing Richard/Rachel wig, makeup, dress with the pronouns tag "she/her/hers".

by Anonymousreply 63December 6, 2022 9:50 AM

^ Dr. Richard/Rachel Levine* wig

by Anonymousreply 64December 6, 2022 9:51 AM

R63. I have no idea wtf you are talking about. Own it.

by Anonymousreply 65December 6, 2022 9:52 AM

He’ll be keeping his job after all. Sorry to disappoint all you NY Post queens.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66December 23, 2022 10:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!