Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Your favorite Marilyn Monroe movie

I saw Gentlemen Prefer Blondes recently and I'm hooked. What are your favorite performances by Marilyn?

by Anonymousreply 13November 23, 2022 7:08 AM

River Of No Return. It's a western. Robert Mitchum and Marilyn were friends before becoming famous.

by Anonymousreply 1November 23, 2022 3:58 AM

All About Eve. Short but sweet.

by Anonymousreply 2November 23, 2022 3:59 AM

She was perfection!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 23, 2022 4:02 AM

I always loved this scene from Niagra.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4November 23, 2022 4:09 AM

My favorite performance of hers by far is in "Niagara." I wish she had played more femme fatales. She's great at being mean.

My favorite of her comic roles is "How to Millionaire"--her timing is imopeccable, especially when she walks into the wall without her glasses.

by Anonymousreply 5November 23, 2022 4:26 AM

I really liked her performance in Bus Stop. The Actors Studio classes made a difference. She did a good job playing a sad, complicated, unpolished character.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 23, 2022 5:14 AM

Gentlemen Prefer Blondes.

by Anonymousreply 7November 23, 2022 5:16 AM

Some Like It Hot is a classic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 23, 2022 5:38 AM

Team GPB for me. Aside from a great, really fascinating but also lovable Monroe performance (“Pray, scat”), Russell and Charles Coburn both give delicious performances, though with virtually no help at all from leading men Tommy Noonan and, especially, grouchy Elliott Reid. Also a magnificent little cameo by 7 yr old George Foghorn Winslow.

But she is good in EVERYTHING, perhaps especially Bus Stop and, despite its many flaws, The Misfits. For all the emotional problems and other difficulties that are part of her legend, she strikes me as one of the rare actresses who would have been just wonderful to meet and know, even just a little. And that one is inclined to say this, 60 years after her passing, is some indication of what a special, truly magical person she must have been. We go on missing her, and probably will forever.

by Anonymousreply 9November 23, 2022 5:59 AM

The sex tape she allegedly made with Shelley Winters and Glenn Ford

by Anonymousreply 10November 23, 2022 6:11 AM

Is that Shelly Winters story true, from her first book. That, when they lived together as young girls and shared an apartment. She claimed they invented the term FM shoes, as in fuck me shoes. As in, they were so high, one push you were on your back being fucked.

by Anonymousreply 11November 23, 2022 6:44 AM

Some Like It Hot obviously, one of the best scripts, funniest movie, best comedic acting.

It's an absolute classic!

by Anonymousreply 12November 23, 2022 6:59 AM

The Misfits. I have been that girl.

by Anonymousreply 13November 23, 2022 7:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!