Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Thanksgiving Stuffing: what are your recipes?

Thanksgiving Stuffing/Dressing

How do you make/recipes?

What are you add ins?

How long do you bake in oven?

by Anonymousreply 46November 23, 2022 8:20 PM

Open box

Pour into pan with butter and chicken broth

Cover

Take iff stove and let sit

Eat entire thing

by Anonymousreply 1November 23, 2022 1:13 AM

What the back of the Stovetop box says to do.

by Anonymousreply 2November 23, 2022 1:22 AM

I like a leek stuffing, I don’t have the recipe handy though.

by Anonymousreply 3November 23, 2022 1:30 AM

I love Stovetop stuffing. Tastes just like the stuffing my grandmother made in 1960s.

by Anonymousreply 4November 23, 2022 1:39 AM

Yes, Stove Top. It’s fine.

by Anonymousreply 5November 23, 2022 1:43 AM

This is the stuffing my mother made every year until I was old enough to "experiment" with something (ie, something more traditional.

Cook 1 pound liver, let cool, they grind as for chopped liver. Mix in 1/2 box Rice Krispies and 1 can Cream of Mushroom soup (or more of each, to taste). Fold together until well combined. Stuff turkey and roast accordingly.

I swear on everything DL holds holy, this is the truth. And actually, it didn't taste nearly as bad as it sounds like it would (turkey juices may have helped with that). But yeah, that recipe go put in the back of the box as soon as I was able.

by Anonymousreply 6November 23, 2022 1:44 AM

This looks pretty awesome. Plus Chef John Pierre makes me laugh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 23, 2022 1:44 AM

I ejaculate into freshly prepared Stovetop Turkey Stuffing Mix. Preferably in front of my invited guests.

by Anonymousreply 8November 23, 2022 1:48 AM

I love just regular plain stuffing. I hate it when people add odd things like pecans or olives or peanut butter or whatever to it.

by Anonymousreply 9November 23, 2022 2:19 AM

I sort of follow the recipe on the box, but I use extra butter and more vegetables and just eye ball it until it looks right.

Mrs. Cubbison's corn bread stuffing, Jimmy Dean sage sausage. Finely chopped onion, carrot, celery, mushrooms, parsley. Butter, salt, pepper, ground sage, chicken broth.

Sauté and season the vegetables, mix with melted butter and stuffing mix, add enough chicken broth to make wet, and bake.

One year I went to a friend's house for Thanksgiving. She was a Southerner and made stuffing with large pieces of hardboiled eggs in it. WTF is that all about? Gross.

by Anonymousreply 10November 23, 2022 2:48 AM

Cornbread stuffing with onions and celery. We shape it into balls so there’s more crunchy surface. I hate it when people put meat in stuffing. It’s gross and ruins a good side dish.

by Anonymousreply 11November 23, 2022 3:01 AM

I make a savory bread pudding. It's a nice alternative and people love it.

by Anonymousreply 12November 23, 2022 3:48 AM

I put my penis in the middle of the mashed potatoes. It really pulls the party together.

by Anonymousreply 13November 23, 2022 5:39 AM

I tear 12 White Castle cheeseburgers into tiny pieces. Pour in broth, butter, sage, rosemary. Bake for 40 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 14November 23, 2022 6:24 AM

I go to my mom's house, she makes the best stuffing on the planet 😛

by Anonymousreply 15November 23, 2022 6:26 AM

Buck never would have forgotten to mention the crème de menthe!

by Anonymousreply 16November 23, 2022 6:37 AM

Oyster Dressing. We called it dressing, because it was not cooked inside the bird, but in a casserole. Old Southern recipe.

by Anonymousreply 17November 23, 2022 6:38 AM

Ive made the Martha Stewart cornbread, sage, sun dried tomato & pine nut dressing for years. Its delightful. I still have the original MS Living magazine........ Im old & save stuff.......

by Anonymousreply 18November 23, 2022 6:55 AM

I made a mushroom and sausage soufflé one year without knowing it; they called it a thanksgiving pudding. I followed directions. It didn’t collapse.

by Anonymousreply 19November 23, 2022 7:05 AM

Bake cornbread from scratch one day before.

On Thanksgiving, crumble cornbread into giant bowl. Add sautéed onion and celery. Add a lot of melted butter. Add sage , rosemary, thyme. Add enough low sodium chicken broth to make the whole mixture mushy. Spread in baking pan and bake until golden.

by Anonymousreply 20November 23, 2022 7:15 AM

Mom’s recipe involved white sandwich bread, turkey liver, celery, onions, chicken broth.

by Anonymousreply 21November 23, 2022 7:17 AM

2 cups bread sliced into cubes

1 stock celery chopped

1/2 stick of butter

Tsp sage

1 cup chicken stock

1 Finley chopped woman in her early twenties

by Anonymousreply 22November 23, 2022 7:22 AM

I second the Mrs. Cubbisons cornbread stuffing with sausage. I generally use turkey sausage, but will use pork sausage if they don't have turkey sausage at the store. Finally diced onions and celery, maybe a little extra in the way of spices, particularly sage, (but Mrs. Cubbisons is already seasoned and so is the sausage, so it can go into overkill pretty easily) - I precook the onions and celery a bit in butter and a little oil until translucent, mix those into the cornbread and add chicken broth. Cover with aluminum foil and cook for about 1/2 hour then uncover and cook for another 15 minutes or so. But a little stuffing goes a long way, and for a small number of guests, stovetop stuffing is just fine without leaving pounds of leftovers.

by Anonymousreply 23November 23, 2022 7:38 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24November 23, 2022 7:50 AM

OMG, I can't believe no one has mentioned Pepperidge Farms! They are the holy grail in my eyes! Just follow the directions on the package, if it get to dry add more butter or chicken broth.

by Anonymousreply 25November 23, 2022 8:42 AM

Why do Americans eat wet bread with their meat. Those are for feeding the ducks.

by Anonymousreply 26November 23, 2022 9:35 AM

This one has been my favorite for years. The first time I made it, I used sea salt. So the 1tbsp was way too much. I cut it in half. With the sausage and salted butter (she calls for unsalted) it was enough. I also like to use rosemary boule or other herb bread, and baguette.

Anyway, I haven't had it in years and am down to the last fifteen pounds of my weight loss plan. So I'm tempted to make something else (sausange stuffed cherry peppers).

BUT...if the only available stuffing at this dinner sucks ass, I'll regret it. Stuffing (this is technically dressing, as it doesn't go into the bird) is my favorite Thanksgiving dish. And if I'm going to make it, it will be for this meal. And I know it will be superior to every other stuffing there. It always is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27November 23, 2022 9:55 AM

@r26, Why would anyone make a pudding from bread? 🤢

by Anonymousreply 28November 23, 2022 9:57 AM

I'm not cooking this year, I'm a guest but I usually use a recipe from an old Cristina Ferrare cookbook (ex Mrs. John Delorean).

Her turkey marinade is also very good.

Years ago Oprah was raving about Cristina's thanksgiving fare that I had already discovered. I don't think the stuffing she made for Oprah was exactly the same as what is in her book. The turkey marinade was the same.

by Anonymousreply 29November 23, 2022 10:03 AM

^ " (ex Mrs. John Delorean). Her turkey marinade is also very good. "

Especially @88mph then, oh boy! 🤪

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30November 23, 2022 1:45 PM

^ Nah, it's that little pinch of cocaine she adds to give it that zest 😜

by Anonymousreply 31November 23, 2022 1:47 PM

If you're feeling fancy, add half a pound of crumbled Italian sausage (cooked) to your Stovetop stuffing.

by Anonymousreply 32November 23, 2022 2:12 PM

R2 is essentially a savory bread pudding.

by Anonymousreply 33November 23, 2022 2:21 PM

I'm another no meat in stuffing believer. I prefer the simple. Cubed bread, onion, celery and seasoning, broth and butter.

by Anonymousreply 34November 23, 2022 4:21 PM

We are doing the traditional meal this year. For Christmas we'll do a standing rib roast.

by Anonymousreply 35November 23, 2022 4:23 PM

My mother uses Jimmy Dean Sausage in hers along with giblets from the turkey. That's what really makes it for me

by Anonymousreply 36November 23, 2022 4:33 PM

After everyone is asleep, haul your drunk ass into the kitchen, take one spoonful of every leftover in the fridge and stuff it in your mouth. Place spoon in sink. Return to bed.

My favorite Thanksgiving stuffing.

by Anonymousreply 37November 23, 2022 4:35 PM

^ Turkey sandwich on white toast with tons of mayo at 2AM for me 🤗

by Anonymousreply 38November 23, 2022 4:51 PM

Who are the freaks who eat white bread?!

by Anonymousreply 39November 23, 2022 4:55 PM

"Thanksgiving Stuffing: what are your recipes?"

Stuffing? Your husbear with my schlong.

Meanwhile you worry about table arrangements and what font to use for the invites.

by Anonymousreply 40November 23, 2022 4:57 PM

^ Some of us can do both 😉

by Anonymousreply 41November 23, 2022 4:59 PM

White bread is perfect for a leftover sandwich.

by Anonymousreply 42November 23, 2022 5:01 PM

"Who are the freaks who eat white bread?!"

You do know, that apart from this keto fad- definitely an American thing, white bread is eaten the world over with consumers turning into great big obese fatties.

Think of those lean, lithe French guys chowing down on baguettes.

You can eat white bread (in moderation if required) AND exercise and stay lean. Something many Americans don't grasp.

by Anonymousreply 43November 23, 2022 5:07 PM

Carbs yuck!

by Anonymousreply 44November 23, 2022 5:14 PM

Well it better be GLUTEN FREE and KETO FRIENDLY. Otherwise it cannot be in my house!

by Anonymousreply 45November 23, 2022 7:37 PM

What happened to LOW CARB? Does it fall under the umbrella of KETO FRIENDLY?

Everyone I know who is on a low carb diet is fat.

by Anonymousreply 46November 23, 2022 8:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!