Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gay New Yorkers Being Drugged & Robbed

Someone is drugging gay men all over New York City, then draining their bank accounts dry

Who would do something like this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47November 24, 2022 12:15 PM

[quote]Who would do something like this?

You're kidding right?

by Anonymousreply 1November 22, 2022 10:44 PM

2 young men at popular New York City gay bars.

They each left with at least one mysterious person. They were both found dead. Both of their bank accounts were drained.

And they may not be the only ones.

More gay New Yorkers are coming forward for the first time with accounts that share notable similarities to the unexplained deaths this spring of Julio Ramirez, 25, a social worker, and John Umberger, 33, a political consultant.

The biggest difference so far: They survived.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 22, 2022 10:58 PM

Ramirez was found dead in the back of a taxi.

His body was discovered an hour after he was seen leaving the Ritz Bar and Lounge with three unidentified men, according to the NYPD. His family previously told NBC News that approximately $20,000 had been drained from his bank account

by Anonymousreply 3November 22, 2022 11:02 PM

Friends of Chana?

by Anonymousreply 4November 22, 2022 11:06 PM

Donald Trump JR?

by Anonymousreply 5November 22, 2022 11:10 PM

After reading this article, it seems people including cops are looking the other way.

An account is drained of thousands of dollars without an alert from the bank kicking in?

I once had someone try to use my credit card remotely for 200 dollars, the transaction was canceled along with the card.

The bank called me to confirm that the transaction was mine before canceling the card.

The victims were in bars with other people, surveillance cameras don't have footage?

A victim is discovered dead in the back of a cab? No security cameras in cabs? The can driver doesn't know where he dropped off the other riders?

by Anonymousreply 6November 22, 2022 11:11 PM

R6, it seems that the police didn’t care to investigate that deeply

by Anonymousreply 7November 22, 2022 11:13 PM

Hey r7? You don't have to care.

You just need to do your job.

by Anonymousreply 8November 22, 2022 11:15 PM

Where's the video footage from security cameras in the cab and the bars and the lobby of the buildings the victims lived in?

by Anonymousreply 9November 22, 2022 11:19 PM

R6. It's all in your pattern of spending. At one time, up to $9,999 could still be pulled if you had the funds. But, that may have changed now because of 'Big Brother'.

by Anonymousreply 10November 22, 2022 11:26 PM

This is a future Law and Order episode.

by Anonymousreply 11November 22, 2022 11:33 PM

Well, Nancy Pelosi nailed it, don't you know. It's the rise of Trump, the right and MEGA hits that have hit out on the gay community. C'mon, what gay would think of doing such a specious act?

by Anonymousreply 12November 22, 2022 11:37 PM

is it like that guy who killed gays in Toronto

by Anonymousreply 13November 22, 2022 11:40 PM

Sounds like the work of Bernard Fremont & Nicole Wallace…

by Anonymousreply 14November 22, 2022 11:43 PM

Anyone have the whereabouts of Cardi B for the past few weeks?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 22, 2022 11:52 PM

THE DOODLER RETURNS

by Anonymousreply 16November 23, 2022 2:30 AM

the White guy that was murdered

Was a Republican Staffer

by Anonymousreply 17November 23, 2022 2:31 AM

The Re-Doodler? Doodle 2: Electric Boogaloo? Homo Alone 2: Lost in NY?

by Anonymousreply 18November 23, 2022 2:32 AM

[quote] the White guy that was murdered Was a Republican Staffer

Interesting that when a Dem staff is killed (like the guy in DC), the right spins conspiracy theory after theory when, in fact, he was only mugged by a rando.

When a GOP staffer dies, the Dems wants to find who killed him and doesn't make it part of a big conspiracy.

by Anonymousreply 19November 23, 2022 1:50 PM

You are being weird. The guy found dead in the cab worked as a social worker and based on his profession, it is unlikely that he voted puke.

The curious thing about these crimes is the lack of urgency to correct and prevent additional crimes from occurring.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20November 23, 2022 4:14 PM

[quote] You are being weird. The guy found dead in the cab worked as a social worker and based on his profession, it is unlikely that he voted puke.

It is the OTHER guy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21November 23, 2022 4:26 PM

Not too quick on the uptake, are you.

The political party the victims belonged to isn't relevant, the circumstances of their deaths and the near death experience of others is.

Most people are apolitical and don't vote.

by Anonymousreply 22November 23, 2022 4:33 PM

That guy was 33?? Republicans really do age horribly.

by Anonymousreply 23November 23, 2022 4:34 PM

It’s not safe being a gay man

by Anonymousreply 24November 23, 2022 4:37 PM

Hold on a sec. Given the circumstances, it is possible the perps are also gay men.

by Anonymousreply 25November 23, 2022 4:53 PM

Don’t let them be…

by Anonymousreply 26November 23, 2022 4:55 PM

Hold on again. The victims of these crimes, met their assailants in person in public places.

Cops are dragging their feet securing and circulating the surveillance footage from these places.

Bars. Cabs. Lobbies in apartment buildings and the elevators.

by Anonymousreply 27November 23, 2022 4:58 PM

R27 there is a reason why, either investigational or political.

by Anonymousreply 28November 23, 2022 5:02 PM

Datalounge people- I NEVER go to someone's apartment and I NEVER bring someone to my place. All of my action I get at a bathhouse. FAR safer.

by Anonymousreply 29November 23, 2022 5:06 PM

This is why I don’t use face recognition software. You will have to pry away my money with your cold, dead hands.

by Anonymousreply 30November 23, 2022 5:06 PM

[quote] Datalounge people- I NEVER go to someone's apartment and I NEVER bring someone to my place. All of my action I get at a bathhouse. FAR safer.

It seems these are happening in bars. They are slipped something that makes them totally forget what happened.

by Anonymousreply 31November 23, 2022 5:08 PM

yes, these guys are being drugged and those who survived have no recollection of that night

by Anonymousreply 32November 23, 2022 5:18 PM

[quote]But, that may have changed now because of 'Big Brother'.

Oh, that’s silly. What does a TV reality show have to do with it?

by Anonymousreply 33November 23, 2022 5:32 PM

[quote]This is why I don’t use face recognition software.

Thank god! Don’t nobody wanna see that mug.

by Anonymousreply 34November 23, 2022 5:32 PM

[quote]It’s not safe being a gay man

You’re so right. Tomorrow I’m changing my sexual affiliation to hetero. Do I have to see the Town Clerk or the County Board?

by Anonymousreply 35November 23, 2022 5:33 PM

The stop choosing to be gay!!

by Anonymousreply 36November 23, 2022 5:41 PM

[quote]Tomorrow I’m changing my sexual affiliation to hetero. Do I have to see the Town Clerk or the County Board?

No, just buy some khakis from Kohl's and everyone will know.

You'll have to remain vigilant in your new straight life. Drugging and robbing men goes on in that community, too, as J.Lo and Constance Wu taught us in "Hustlers."

by Anonymousreply 37November 23, 2022 5:45 PM

R11 this already was an SVU episode but the targets weren’t gay. Hot women were drugging men and taking them to hotels and draining their accounts. Creepy.

by Anonymousreply 38November 23, 2022 6:01 PM

Security cameras and tracing the transfers, purchases and shipments should have this case solved in 5, 4, 3, 2…..

by Anonymousreply 39November 23, 2022 6:02 PM

I’ve never been more glad to always be suspicious when someone shows an interest in me

by Anonymousreply 40November 23, 2022 9:09 PM

I love you, r37!

by Anonymousreply 41November 23, 2022 9:32 PM

[quote]Drugging and robbing men goes on in that community, too, as J.Lo and Constance Wu taught us in "Hustlers."

Because guys, in general, are way too easy to manipulate with sex and are also not socialized to perceive others as a threat (especially not women). Those catfishing scams where guys are lured into showing explicit photos of themselves and then blackmailed, the drugging and robbing, being lured into cartel territory and mugged while vacationing in Mexico because they actually believed the "friendly tour guide" at the airport was leading them to a brothel, being trapped into fatherhood (and the subsequent child support payments) because they "took her word for it" regarding birth control. It's ridiculous. Throw sex in the mix and self-preservation and common sense for most men goes completely out the window, especially when they're in the 18 - 34 age group.

Y'all need to get it together.

by Anonymousreply 42November 24, 2022 12:09 AM

R42 You're right. Grindr is filled with so many scammers and grifters. And of course serial rapists and killers use that app a lot. I don't think it's a gay thing more a male thing. Men in general are less vigilant. Straight men are less likely to be victimized by women though women definitely will play them and exploit their lustiness. But gay men are more likely to be victimized by men, both straight and gay in more horrific ways.

by Anonymousreply 43November 24, 2022 12:23 AM

r43 Yep. Men, regardless of sexual orientation, are more likely to be victimized by other men. Most violent crimes are committed by men, and most of their victims are also men.

The women who lure straight men into traps in these Latin American countries are usually leading them to an ambush...of heavily armed men. It happens WAY too often in those countries for sure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44November 24, 2022 12:51 AM

Women usually just steal money or use blackmail to get money. But it's often nonviolent. Aileen Wuornos types exist but rare. It's men who will do the most fucked-up violent things to men. And yes women will lure men into these violent thugs but it's never to violent female thugs.

by Anonymousreply 45November 24, 2022 1:22 AM

Frankie Grande dodged a bullet!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46November 24, 2022 10:41 AM

Olivia Culpo? Julianne Hough? Olivia Munn ? They gotta get that dollar for a wedding ring somehow!

by Anonymousreply 47November 24, 2022 12:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!