Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Breaking!!! Lupita Nyongo is Cleopatra

Lupita Nyongo set to star in re-imagined 1963 classic, Cleopatra. Ryan Coogler set to direct. Warner Bros has acquired the rights and expects this to be the non Marvel epic of summer 2024.

This is from Deadline.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114December 22, 2022 1:45 PM

FF. Not true

by Anonymousreply 1November 22, 2022 7:58 PM

She's gorgeous but doesn't really look Greek.

by Anonymousreply 2November 22, 2022 7:59 PM

This will just provide ammunition to all those people who still believe Cleopatra was black.

by Anonymousreply 3November 22, 2022 7:59 PM

Well Cleopatra wasn't WASP like Elizabeth Taylor. She was Mediterranean. Hollywood seems to ignore Southern Europeans and Middle Easterners exist and rather cast either Northern Europeans or Africans

by Anonymousreply 4November 22, 2022 8:06 PM

Why does Hollywood ignore Ancient Nubia, Makuria and Abyssinia. Egypt wasn't a majorly Black civilization though it did have Nubian citizens (still does) and was under Nubian control at one point. I'd rather see a movie about the Kingdom of Mali, Dahomey or Zimbabwe.

by Anonymousreply 5November 22, 2022 8:08 PM

Cleopatra was redheaded, so it's de rigeur that she be portrayed by a strong woman of colour.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 22, 2022 8:11 PM

Look at modern day Egyptians many are olive skinned and brown skinned with black curly hair and eyes. Some are fair with green eyes and blonde or red hair. Modern Egyptians especially Copts are still genetically close to Ancient. Nubians exist in the South and are dark and would be considered black. They were part of Ancient Egypt as well but a minority population. There was no evidence of mistreatment on color though. Hollywood refuses to take history seriously though.

by Anonymousreply 7November 22, 2022 8:13 PM

..... -_-

by Anonymousreply 8November 22, 2022 8:14 PM

Cleopatra is Greek to me.

by Anonymousreply 9November 22, 2022 8:16 PM

I like Lupita, I was always rooting for her to become like a black Eva Green with an aura of mystery around her. Can’t say I’ve seen her in many things though.

by Anonymousreply 10November 22, 2022 8:17 PM

R7 True but don’t forget Arabs took over Egypt in about the 600s. Most ancient Egyptians were not Black (some, like King Tut most likely were) but they also were not Arabs.

by Anonymousreply 11November 22, 2022 8:18 PM

No disrespect intended for Lupita, but Cleopatra was Greek.

by Anonymousreply 12November 22, 2022 8:19 PM

Cleopatra was not red haired. Pls don't ever disrespect my black mirror thread again.

by Anonymousreply 13November 22, 2022 8:19 PM

LOL at the people who think this is real

And we wonder how so many gay man got monkeypox

by Anonymousreply 14November 22, 2022 8:20 PM

R14, wasn't it because they didn't take it as real. EPIC Failure of an analogy. Carry on.

by Anonymousreply 15November 22, 2022 8:21 PM

I started no longer respecting her when she was laughing at Will Smith’s outburst at the Oscars. Also, Cleopatra wasn’t black.

by Anonymousreply 16November 22, 2022 8:21 PM

R16

She wasn't laughing at his outburst. She laughed at Chris Rock's joke and then looked concerned when Smith got angry.

by Anonymousreply 17November 22, 2022 8:22 PM

I like her but she doesn't look Macedonian Greek.

by Anonymousreply 18November 22, 2022 8:23 PM

R16, you must be insufferable. Everyone thought Smiths stunt was a scripted stunt. Until he sat down and cursed him the fuck out.

by Anonymousreply 19November 22, 2022 8:23 PM

Cleopatra was indeed highly likely to have been red-headed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20November 22, 2022 8:23 PM

Cleo was a Greek.

by Anonymousreply 21November 22, 2022 8:24 PM

She gives off cold lesbian cunt vibes but she's definitely easier on the eyes than that pompous Viola.

by Anonymousreply 22November 22, 2022 8:26 PM

I thought whatshername the Israeli who played Wonder Woman was going to play Cleo which pissed off the Egyptians.

by Anonymousreply 23November 22, 2022 8:27 PM

R11 you're right North Africans aren't Arab. But they are still mainly brown people with dark hair and eyes with recessive genes for light skin and hair. Arabs and Levantines share similar features but culturally and genetically they are distinct groups. Islam basically merged them under Pan-Arabism

by Anonymousreply 24November 22, 2022 8:27 PM

R22 cold lesbian cunt vibes? This girl is always smiling. The fuck are you on? And why lesbian? Let men guess. Cause she doesn't have hair down to her ass.

'

'

by Anonymousreply 25November 22, 2022 8:28 PM

R25, when everyone knows I'm the biggest carpet muncher in town though I still need some young hot dick.

by Anonymousreply 26November 22, 2022 8:30 PM

R25

Lupita was canoodling with Janelle Monae at the Met Gala a few years ago. The lesbian rumors aren't coming from nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 27November 22, 2022 8:33 PM

R4 I have noticed in general Americans are weird when it comes to mid easterners and southern Europeans. They act like the world is divided into either black people of African descent or nordic Anglos. On Twitter ages back I saw some brouhaha about that pint size screecher Ariana Grande doing " blackface" in a photo shoot. I looked at the photo and she wasn't doing blackface.... that's just a southern European with a tan.

Anyway the casting isn't the end of the world. It's not like Brad Pitt or Diane Kruger were Greek or Macedonian either. And Nyongo is a good actress.

by Anonymousreply 28November 22, 2022 8:33 PM

Hollywood never gets it right. In 300, they portrayed Persians as dark brown and black people when most Iranians are light-skinned or olive-skinned. And the Spartans were all Anglo-Germanic looking white dudes.

I did think Iman was good casting for Nefertiti in Michael Jackson's Remember the Time because Nefertiti did have Nubian ancestry and her sculpture looks very East African in facial features and her light skin is common in that region.

by Anonymousreply 29November 22, 2022 8:34 PM

R27 Janelle Monae is a polyamorous pansexual freak that fucks ladies with her long time boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 30November 22, 2022 8:36 PM

(R19): nah, Lupita was on board with Will Smith all the way through.

by Anonymousreply 31November 22, 2022 8:36 PM

R27 I've no idea if she is a lesbian/ bi/ straight but she doesn't seem cold at all.

by Anonymousreply 32November 22, 2022 8:37 PM

I think she's beautiful and also very intelligent. I've been surprised she never seems to have a bf and wondered if it is because she is so dark-skinned. Rich and famous black men, as we've seen, never pair up with dark-skinned women - Obama being the only exception.

by Anonymousreply 33November 22, 2022 8:39 PM

Are we asking for another Cleopatra film? Is this what we are asking for?

by Anonymousreply 34November 22, 2022 8:40 PM

R30

Who's the boyfriend?

by Anonymousreply 35November 22, 2022 8:46 PM

R28, Americans project our racial obsessions onto everyone else. It never occurs to us that we are the outliers and that our fixations make no sense to other people.

by Anonymousreply 36November 22, 2022 8:46 PM

R16 Oh please. She was laughing because she thought he was joking.

by Anonymousreply 37November 22, 2022 8:49 PM

I met Lupita at an awards ceremony and she was very sweet, friendly and approachable. I love her in everything but she isn't Cleopatra any more than Liz wasn't Cleopatra. I always thought Cleo should have been played by Irene Papas or someone like her.

by Anonymousreply 38November 22, 2022 8:53 PM

Am I taking crazy pills?

OP COMPLETELY MADE THIS UP.

And only a couple posts are calling him out on that. Fucking Christ, this thread is embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 39November 22, 2022 8:53 PM

R28 it all boils down to countries west of the Atlantic, relation to transatlantic slave trade and slavery, most notably America who has the weird stern dichotomy on just about everything not just race.

by Anonymousreply 40November 22, 2022 8:55 PM

R33, I remember doing her Oscar hoopla people were trying to attach her to Jared Leto and she clearly made it known she was dating some South African DJ. And yes he was black.

by Anonymousreply 41November 22, 2022 8:58 PM

I thought Gal Gadot was Cleopatra. What happened?

by Anonymousreply 42November 22, 2022 8:58 PM

A lot of American definitions don't even make sense in former British, Spanish, Portuguese and French colonies as well. What's considered mixed everywhere else is just Black in The US. So when a lot of Dominicans come over to the US, they are pressured to ID as Black despite being socialized and raised as "mixed". And brown-skinned mestizo Mexicans from the South became the fact of the "Hispanic" identity in America and people mistake Hispanic as a brown race when it simply refers to a language and culture.

by Anonymousreply 43November 22, 2022 8:59 PM

R43 Furthermore, Americans can't even conceive of Latin Americans being Caucasian as in so many parts of the continent or Italians, French and Romanians being Latin because Latin, here, means mixed Native American/Spanish or just plain Spanish-speaking Native American. "White" in the US means of English/Germanic ancestry.

by Anonymousreply 44November 22, 2022 9:05 PM

R43, agreed. I have mixed raced friends from London who say they identify as black because of the African diaspora which is heavily influenced by African-Americans. In England they are indeed mixed raced first.

by Anonymousreply 45November 22, 2022 9:05 PM

Cleopatra was african ?

by Anonymousreply 46November 22, 2022 9:17 PM

The closest any media portrayal of Cleopatra ever got to historical accuracy was Lyndsey Marshal in HBO's Rome (a great series that should've lasted longer, btw). She was not a beauty and not especially glamorously dressed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47November 22, 2022 9:20 PM

[quote] Most ancient Egyptians were not Black (some, like King Tut most likely were)

No, he wasn't. There was a forensic facial reconstruction of King Tut several years back. He kind of looked like Barbra Streisand.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48November 22, 2022 9:23 PM

Memories, light the corners of my mind......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49November 22, 2022 9:23 PM

I have no problem with this, however, when a black actress was cast as Anne Boleyn...

by Anonymousreply 50November 22, 2022 9:25 PM

Current day North Africans don't see themselves "the same" as Sub-Saharan people.

by Anonymousreply 51November 22, 2022 9:33 PM

Piye, Tantamani, Taharqa, Shebitku and Shabaka were Nubian pharaohs.

R51 Yes and they're extremely racist to SSA and participated in the slave trade. The irony is Europeans don't consider them white Gulf Arabs don't like them and see them inferior too. Sub-Saharans actually hate North Africans and don't consider them real Africans and rather "wannabe Arabs." It's really only fringe Afrocentric Black Americans who are obsessed with North Africa. Nigerians, Kenyans, Ethiopians, Ghanaians, etc don't give a shit about North Africa.

by Anonymousreply 52November 22, 2022 9:35 PM

*and Gulf

by Anonymousreply 53November 22, 2022 9:36 PM

[quote] And only a couple posts are calling him out on that. Fucking Christ, this thread is embarrassing.

White gay men are so racist, they would rather use this thread to remind everyone that Cleopatra was Greek, over and over again, than call out the OP for making up news. It’s basically Pavlov’s dog for old white gay men. They HAVE to correct somebody as soon as someone suggests Cleopatra was black.

by Anonymousreply 54November 22, 2022 9:44 PM

This was Gaga's role. Nice of her to let Lupito have it, she needs the work.

by Anonymousreply 55November 22, 2022 9:55 PM

But is she trans!

by Anonymousreply 56November 22, 2022 10:00 PM

She was Mediterranean not sub-Shaharan, R54. This is a fact. There were Nubian Egyptians, it was a multiracial society. Both are true.

by Anonymousreply 57November 22, 2022 10:26 PM

If Marc Antony isn't reimagined as black AND trans, I will be triggered.

by Anonymousreply 58November 22, 2022 11:08 PM

A- I know the story is bullshit

I once argued on another thread that historical figures so far removed from modern history (it was a black woman playing Lady MacBeth), that I didn’t really think it was that big of a deal. This was a play though and not a movie (the distinction being $$$ production costs vs ROI).

Yes, we all know Lady MacBeth was not black, but it isn’t like race was a factor in the story. Any woman could be Lady MacBeth (no, this doesn’t mean what it sounds like).

I don’t know that I’ve have a big problem with this casting either, but I don’t know if lineage/race was a big deal with Antony/Cleopatra (at the time). I wouldn’t dismiss it out of hand.

by Anonymousreply 59November 22, 2022 11:20 PM

... and let me add that Nyongo is a great actress and that I don't give a fuck about skin colour if it's an opera. There it is about who can sing and fill a role and nothing else matters. But of course, this casting is deliberate and is only about skin colour. They don't like to hear that Cleopatra was Greek; after the movie, even more people will be convinced that she was black. Of course, everyone who won't love the cast will be labelled a racist. Couldn't they have made a movie about an Egyptian queen who actually was black?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60November 22, 2022 11:28 PM

[quote] He kind of looked like Barbra Streisand.

Wow, he really does!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61November 23, 2022 12:43 AM

I am just happy it isn’t “camp event” Angelina Jolie

by Anonymousreply 62November 23, 2022 12:55 AM

Cleopatra was Greek and most Egyptians were and are desert people like other North Africans and have physiological adaptations to a desert climate--long limgs, high bridge noses, thick, usually curly hair--things that help them cool off quckly in the heat and offer some resistance to radiation. In addition, some groups have fast metabolisms which help them warm up on cold nights in desert areas where there are big temperature drops. Skin "color" is just one fairly small aspect of adaptation to climate. It's actually pretty interesting--and a damn shame that there's this weird fixation with "race".

by Anonymousreply 63November 23, 2022 1:02 AM

[quote]R39: OP COMPLETELY MADE THIS UP.

Well, not completely. It was taken from an article about films people would like to see, from 2015, seven years ago.

But it is complete bullshit, and it was dug up and thrown onto the DL to try to start another race-based flurry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64November 23, 2022 1:23 AM

Lupita seems unusually private for a celeb.

by Anonymousreply 65November 23, 2022 1:26 AM

As a person of color, Brenton Thwaites is the only well-known actor who can accurately portray an ancient Egyptian as he did in Gods of Egypt.

by Anonymousreply 66November 23, 2022 1:55 AM

I’m joining The Supremes!

by Anonymousreply 67November 23, 2022 2:02 AM

I thought Gal Gadot was going to be our next Cleopatra.

by Anonymousreply 68November 23, 2022 2:20 AM

Cleopatra story has been done to death over and over. There is nothing else about her to explore. I'd rather there be a movie about her sister. In fact, there are so many other queens and powerful women in history that should also have their stories.

by Anonymousreply 69November 23, 2022 2:24 AM

Arsinoe's betrayal against Cleo would make a more compelling story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70November 23, 2022 2:27 AM

[quote] In fact, there are so many other queens and powerful women in history that should also have their stories.

The Cleopatra we know of is Cleopatra VII. Who is there to tell the stories of I-VI? Are there no bi, transwomen of color to tell their stories?

by Anonymousreply 71November 23, 2022 2:41 AM

Lupita Nyongo just got fired/quit well after production had begun from "Lady in the Lake" shooting in Baltimore.

What was all that about?

by Anonymousreply 72November 23, 2022 3:15 AM

[quote] Lupita Nyongo just got fired/quit well after production had begun from "Lady in the Lake" shooting in Baltimore. What was all that about?

Her skin was not the same color, blue, as that of the lady in the lake.

by Anonymousreply 73November 23, 2022 3:18 AM

R52, It's really only fringe Afrocentric Black Americans who are obsessed with North Africa.

This is very true, but it stems from wanting to have a "fine arts culture linked to the motherland". It likely grew out of the pro black post civil rights movement where the educated black class wanted to feel like we created some dope, worldy influential shit too. You are not wrong though.

by Anonymousreply 74November 23, 2022 6:00 AM

But was she white white. Cause when you talk about white white.

by Anonymousreply 75November 23, 2022 6:01 AM

Egypt has been colonized by everyone from the Hyksos (originating in present-day Syria/Israel) to the Persians, Greeks and Muslims. Cleopatra was of Macedonian Greek origin. Portraying her as black is dishonest. But then honesty and agenda have always been complete strangers.

North Africans are of Imazighen (commonly called "Berbers", a word of Greek origin) and "Arab" origin. They have no racial/ethnic/cultural connection to the rest of Africa.

by Anonymousreply 76November 23, 2022 6:40 AM

R35 Some dude with dreads. They've been together forever. Go to LipstickAllwy or LChat if you want to know about her poly relationship.

by Anonymousreply 77November 23, 2022 8:22 AM

Being obsessed with race is American culture.

by Anonymousreply 78November 23, 2022 9:30 AM

Literal violence, R76!

You are correct, but to say it aloud is literal violence.

by Anonymousreply 79November 23, 2022 10:47 AM

Black people really should not claim North Africans, Arabs, Native Americans or Jews considering all of those groups were racist to Black people. Arabs and North Africans enslaved many Subsaharan Africans and sold them to Europeans. Native American tribes would hunt refugee slaves and fought for the Confederacy and many held slaves. The Cherokee nation will let in blond blue-eyed white people with 00000.1% Cherokee in them but rejects the Black freedmen descendants who were originally enslaved by their tribe. Only like a small percent of Black Americans gave Native ancestry anyway just like with white Americans. Overall, it makes us look so desperate and pathetic and a laughingstock. Nigeria, Ghana, Angola and Mali are some countries we trace ancestry too that have rich histories.

by Anonymousreply 80November 23, 2022 10:58 AM

Also Ethiopian and Somali Jews are mistreated in Israel as well. Black people in Muslim countries are mistreated like in Sudan and Saudi Arabia. Which proves my point why are we trying to claim people who don't like us.

by Anonymousreply 81November 23, 2022 11:01 AM

[quote] Arabs and North Africans enslaved many Subsaharan Africans and sold them to Europeans.

MUSLIMS enslaved Africans from all over Africa, starting in the 10th century, turning slavery into an industry. Muslims from North Africa invaded/conquered/occupied the Iberian Peninsula, parts of Italy, and Malta.

[quote] Also Ethiopian and Somali Jews are mistreated in Israel as well.

There is no such thing as a "Somali Jew". Somalis are ALL Muslim. Ethiopian Jews are no more "mistreated" than anyone else and treated far better than they were in Ethiopia, where they had no rights and certainly no protection from the whims of the Xtian/Muslim majority.

[quote] Black people in Muslim countries are mistreated like in Sudan and Saudi Arabia.

All over the Arabic speaking world, black Africans are called "abid", slave.

Black people all over Africa suffer mistreatment and discrimination at the hands of the dominant tribes and ruling despots. More reality being dishonestly ignored.

by Anonymousreply 82November 24, 2022 4:30 AM

R82 I don't understand what why you're denying anti-Black racism and for what reason? Yes I'm aware Muslims enslaved other types of people Einstein. But Arabs today are mainly racist to Subsaharan Africans including descendents of the slaves they brought to Arab countries. They do not mistreat white people today like they do Black people. Arabs in fact see white skin and blonde hair and blue eyes are beautiful. Arab women straighten their hair and dye it blonde and many avoid the sun. And yes, there are Somali Jews. A quick Google search is all you need. And of course, Subsaharan Africans mistreat each other. White people mistreat each other too. Asians are really awful to each other. You need to be more creative and original because you didn't invalidate anything I said. Arabs clearly hate Black people. Hell even Horner Africans like Habesha and Somalis look down on Subsaharan Africans. The point of my statement was African-Americans who are mainly West and Central African descendants should not be eager to claim North Africans who are racist to people who share our DNA. Have a nice day.

by Anonymousreply 83November 24, 2022 4:47 AM

[quote] But Arabs today are mainly racist to Subsaharan Africans including descendents of the slaves they brought to Arab countries.

"Arabs" is a Western-invented term. You mean Muslims. Who are racist against everyone not Muslim.

[quote] They do not mistreat white people today like they do Black people. Arabs in fact see white skin and blonde hair and blue eyes are beautiful. Arab women straighten their hair and dye it blonde and many avoid the sun.

They do not mistreat white people because "Arabs" are Caucasian. They mistreat black people because they have done so for over a millennium. Abid, remember?

[quote] Arabs clearly hate Black people.

Muslims hate everyone, including other Muslims. Your focus on sub-Saharan blacks is erroneous.

[quote] And yes, there are Somali Jews. A quick Google search is all you need.

No, there are NO Somali Jews. 99.9% of the population is Muslim. The other .1% is Xtian/animist. You need to actually READ what you've supposedly searched for.

by Anonymousreply 84November 24, 2022 10:44 AM

[quote]Look at modern day Egyptians many are olive skinned and brown skinned with black curly hair and eyes.

The ruling family was Greek and so was Cleopatra. Besides, modern day Egyptians are mostly descendants of Arab conquerors. The Copt Christians are believed to be direct descendants of ancient Egyptians.

Anyhow, Middle Eastern people are technically white too, with darker complexion. They have nothing in common with blacks.

by Anonymousreply 85November 24, 2022 11:18 AM

These are Copts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86November 24, 2022 11:22 AM

Regretfully, Blacks were slaves in ancient Egypt, not ruling class. This is what makes wokeism idiotic, this distortion of reality in pandering to the crazy part of black community with complexes.

by Anonymousreply 87November 24, 2022 11:27 AM

Some of you are making sone very very false claims. There are some Muslims and I'm talking about out of Africa in the middle east in the heart of the Arab world who hate Americans and white people so much but treat black people and yes I mean black Ameeicans like kings. This is a very complicated matter.

by Anonymousreply 88November 24, 2022 3:11 PM

R88 huh? elaborate.

by Anonymousreply 89November 24, 2022 4:05 PM

[quote] but treat black people and yes I mean black Ameeicans like kings

Link?

by Anonymousreply 90November 26, 2022 1:19 AM

Is Scorsese the only director who is allowed not to cast blacks out of any context in his movies. Like once there was the sex who wasn't in service of story, out of context, now there are blacks out of context. Seems so stupid and lame.

Don't get me wrong, I also liked the Moonlight which had no white character in it. It was refreshing to see realistic story, not to forcefully introduce some white friend, interracial relationship etc.

People are joking that if they would make a film about a member of KKK these days, they would give him black BF or wife.

by Anonymousreply 91November 26, 2022 10:13 AM

Trans "women" are men, R71. It is not their place to tell the stories of real women.

by Anonymousreply 92November 26, 2022 10:50 AM

This thread is nowhere near as embarrassing as the Chris Watts thread, R39.

by Anonymousreply 93November 26, 2022 10:57 AM

Oh, it’s pretty fucking embarrassing R93.

by Anonymousreply 94November 26, 2022 11:02 AM

An interesting sidenote, R83 ...

An Ethiopian taxi driver told me that he far prefers to deal with white Americans than black ones, who openly make fun of his Semitic looks.

by Anonymousreply 95November 26, 2022 2:36 PM

African immigrants hate black Americans. They say all the same things racist white people say about them. I've known and worked with many Africans and I've been shocked at the things they say about American blacks. They want nothing to do with them and prefer the company of white people.

by Anonymousreply 96November 26, 2022 2:55 PM

R96, what they really mean is regular non educated black Americans. Sad that their non driving, poisoin to ears accents would look down on a group, which shares their common plight.

by Anonymousreply 97November 26, 2022 3:00 PM

[quote] An Ethiopian taxi driver told me that he far prefers to deal with white Americans than black ones

An American black taxi driver will tell you the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 98November 26, 2022 7:36 PM

Has anybody noticed that this isn't being reported anywhere? OP's bullshitting everyone.

by Anonymousreply 99November 26, 2022 9:16 PM

R99, it's in development. Everything is happening behind the scenes but it's happening.

by Anonymousreply 100November 27, 2022 12:34 AM

This movie has been in development with every actress in Hollywood for practically a decade at this point.

by Anonymousreply 101November 27, 2022 11:57 AM

Will Will Smith "the Slap" play Julius Cesar?

by Anonymousreply 102November 27, 2022 9:04 PM

No one is playing Caesar. This movie will never be made.

by Anonymousreply 103November 28, 2022 12:05 PM

R102, Perhaps, he was in negotiations pre slap. However the controversy has made producers look at someone younger and cheaper. Jessie T. Usher is now the frontrunner.

by Anonymousreply 104November 28, 2022 12:42 PM

As long is it’s not Angelina. This looks to be a good project. Not a canoe event at all.

by Anonymousreply 105December 20, 2022 8:58 AM

The only currently working international actress who actually looked like Cleopatra

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106December 20, 2022 9:20 AM

I think she'd do a great job as Cleopatra. I just wish it was an original movie instead of a remake of a classic film.

by Anonymousreply 107December 20, 2022 10:01 AM

A young Irene Papas would have been perfect for Cleo.

by Anonymousreply 108December 20, 2022 5:06 PM

Well, she's trying hard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109December 20, 2022 5:12 PM

R106 she was brilliant in Money Heist. If you haven't seen it, it's a very long series on Netflix, it's Spanish and brilliantly done.

by Anonymousreply 110December 20, 2022 7:41 PM

No she isn’t. Please stop darkening every goddam movie , tv show and commercial. And I’m of mixed race and sick of this shit.

by Anonymousreply 111December 20, 2022 10:02 PM

I smell a flop

by Anonymousreply 112December 20, 2022 10:54 PM

R112 you smell yo mafuckin upper lip, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 113December 21, 2022 12:05 AM

R111 Sure you are. Your mix is that your dad is from Alabama and your mom is from Oklahoma. No biracial person would say "stop darkening".

by Anonymousreply 114December 22, 2022 1:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!