Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jeff Garlin working hard, after bipolar diagnosis

We appreciate Garlin -- always thought he was hot, although he looked better *before* the weight loss.

And the best part is that now that we know he was not in control when he said those things on set, all is forgiven.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 23, 2022 3:21 PM

Isn’t that CONVENIENT?

by Anonymousreply 1November 22, 2022 6:18 PM

I'm retarded!

by Anonymousreply 2November 22, 2022 6:25 PM

Thank you OP. We also prefer the pre-diet Garlin. But if being emaciated is what it takes to keep him around so be it. The world is a better place with Jeff in it.

by Anonymousreply 3November 22, 2022 6:27 PM

As if being bi-polar isn't challenging enough, I have read that in addition to having a congenital heart defect, Garlin suffered a stroke last year. It seems essential that he keep his weight down. I enjoy him on Curb Your Enthusiasm and hope he can continue working.

by Anonymousreply 4November 22, 2022 6:33 PM

I have a friend who is bi-polar (II). Unfortunately, he doesn't acknowledge that he needs help. He used to take meds that helped him quite well. But then he dropped them because he doesn't trust pharmacy. He is in his manic phase since February and seems to be stuck in it. (Isn't that quote long by now?) If anybody has some advise on how to get him back on meds, feel free to post here.

by Anonymousreply 5November 22, 2022 6:34 PM

Call the police R5 and tell them he needs to be sectioned.

by Anonymousreply 6November 22, 2022 7:25 PM

Hot???

by Anonymousreply 7November 22, 2022 7:32 PM

What is this bullshit? Didn’t he have some sexist pig harassment scandal? Oh, he was just ill with bipolar, poor fatso.

by Anonymousreply 8November 22, 2022 8:08 PM

I have bipolar and it really sucks. I take the pills, live a healthy lifestyle and try my best to manage it, but I still get sick occasionally. I always find it a little hard to believe that somebody can suddenly be diagnosed this late in life. It's pretty difficult to not notice you have it or to even survive to an old age with it.

This rings a little of finding a way to excuse his bad behaviour.

by Anonymousreply 9November 22, 2022 8:37 PM

[quote]If anybody has some advise on how to get him back on meds, feel free to post here.

Sadly there is not much you can do about it. It took me reaching rock bottom to realise I had to make my life about managing the illness if I wanted to have any kind of normalcy. It has to be his decision and there's not much anyone else can do to sway it.

by Anonymousreply 10November 22, 2022 8:38 PM

He's a funny guy. I think he looks terrific with the weight loss. Godspeed, Jeff; best wishes for your continued journey with bi-polar disorder. It's not easy. I know a few people who have it and still struggle.

by Anonymousreply 11November 22, 2022 8:43 PM

He has a huge following in the Bear Community. And he's gay friendly. He will flirt with his gay fans but when someone gets handsy that's when he shuts it down.

by Anonymousreply 12November 22, 2022 8:48 PM

It's best his mother Judy isnt alive to see this.

by Anonymousreply 13November 22, 2022 9:12 PM

OMG mental illness is so hot right now!

by Anonymousreply 14November 22, 2022 9:21 PM

Is 'bi-polar' the new 'dehydrated?'

by Anonymousreply 15November 22, 2022 10:11 PM

It kills me that the very thing he had to do to save his life caused him to lose some of his hotness. Life can be so cruel.

by Anonymousreply 16November 22, 2022 11:17 PM

I'm ashamed to say I could never watch him because his mouth is so weird. He looks like he drools or spits when he talks.

by Anonymousreply 17November 22, 2022 11:31 PM

[quote] the very thing he had to do to save his life caused him to lose some of his hotness

Honey, the only way to stay handsome and sexy to the end of your life is to die young.

by Anonymousreply 18November 23, 2022 12:05 AM

Bipolars are manipulative and cruel . They are quite often destructive people and deadly at times .

by Anonymousreply 19November 23, 2022 12:19 AM

Is staying the hell away from Larry David part of the recovery process?

by Anonymousreply 20November 23, 2022 7:30 AM

Jeff to Larry: "I can't quit u"

by Anonymousreply 21November 23, 2022 12:05 PM

The same "2" people reply to themselves over and over here about his "hotness." What the fuck. This fat creep isn't hot.

by Anonymousreply 22November 23, 2022 12:08 PM

r4, I'm pretty sure Garlin had a stroke back in 2000, too, just before Curb started shooting.

by Anonymousreply 23November 23, 2022 12:14 PM

Sorry R22 but you clearly do not understand the gay community. Different strokes. Not everyone is attracted to bland, essentially featureless Timothee types.

by Anonymousreply 24November 23, 2022 3:18 PM

Why is Susie actress covering for him? Why must she say nice sympathetic remarks about this angry, power tripping sex pest?

by Anonymousreply 25November 23, 2022 3:21 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!