Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Richard Fierro

Is he gay?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49November 23, 2022 2:23 PM

Not that we know. Most definitely invited to the cookout though.

by Anonymousreply 1November 22, 2022 3:17 PM

Married to a woman.

He was there for a birthday party with his wife, his daughter, and his daughter’s boyfriend who was killed.

by Anonymousreply 2November 22, 2022 3:19 PM

We ❤️ our vets!

by Anonymousreply 3November 22, 2022 3:19 PM

You always hear about the mouth-breathing, right wing vets. But there are just as many vets - men and women, not gay - who are good, upstanding people with integrity. Like this guy.

by Anonymousreply 4November 22, 2022 3:22 PM

One of his daughter's friends was performing in the drag show.

What are the odds that someone like him would have been there. Amazing man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 22, 2022 3:23 PM

Richard Fierro should be a Grand Marshal at many a Pride 2023 parade.

Much love, too, for the stiletto-wearing performer who stomped the killer.

by Anonymousreply 6November 22, 2022 3:32 PM

He did the right thing when our own lawmakers can’t even keep us safe!

by Anonymousreply 7November 22, 2022 3:33 PM

A true hero. Weird it’s a straight married guy - but meaningful to the right wingers who think gay bars are bastions of sinners.

by Anonymousreply 8November 22, 2022 3:34 PM

I would like to believe that Fierro will encourage people to finally engage their brains, cease and desist stereotyping to agenda. As a poster did on the "No Photos" thread, characterizing Colorado Springs as

[quote] a military encampment also full of military and compatriot retirees and other right-wing creeps.

And yet it was one of those "right-wing creeps" who was a hero.

by Anonymousreply 9November 22, 2022 3:35 PM

Not gay. An ally.

by Anonymousreply 10November 22, 2022 3:36 PM

He deserves an hour long, nonstop, deep rimming.

by Anonymousreply 11November 22, 2022 3:36 PM

Not gay. Not an ally. A human being doing the right thing. As he was trained to do.

by Anonymousreply 12November 22, 2022 3:37 PM

The daughter's "boyfriend" looks trans.

by Anonymousreply 13November 22, 2022 3:38 PM

Don't know his politics -but he's clearly not a "right-wing creep" since he was there in the first place. Let's not fall into the trap our enemies use -tarring everyone with one brush. You can be conservative without being a hater. You can be a liberal and still be homophobic. You know a man by his actions, and Richard Fierro is a good man.

by Anonymousreply 14November 22, 2022 3:42 PM

[Quote]Much love, too, for the stiletto-wearing performer who stomped the killer.

Here we go. Was her name Marsha? Marsha's the real hero.

by Anonymousreply 15November 22, 2022 4:00 PM

[quote]Not an ally.

WTF makes you say that?

by Anonymousreply 16November 22, 2022 4:09 PM

R15 she stomped the first heel

by Anonymousreply 17November 22, 2022 4:10 PM

[quote]right wingers who think gay bars are bastions of sinners.

They is!

Lawdy, I have sinned against you, my lord.

by Anonymousreply 18November 22, 2022 4:10 PM

He said he was just trying to save his family - and in that moment, everyone in that club was his family. (i did not add that part, was paraphrasing).

The man is a fucking warrior. Equal parts heart and valor.

by Anonymousreply 19November 22, 2022 4:12 PM

Love this man.

by Anonymousreply 20November 22, 2022 4:16 PM

[quote] Not an ally!

[quote] WTF makes you say that?

R16 "Ally" is erroneous assumption. Fierro didn't take down Anderson because he was an "ally". Fierro took down Anderson to protect his wife, daughter and as a former soldier, because that was what he was trained to do.

by Anonymousreply 21November 22, 2022 4:17 PM

Good reminder that men have an important place in society and it's okay to acknowledge this.

I know it's easy to denigrate and challenge "toxic" masculinity - often for very valid reasons. Very valid reasons.

But we also do things like what this man did. And, yes, I do believe it was his inherent "maleness" that gave him the balls (ha!) to act the way he did.

by Anonymousreply 22November 22, 2022 4:20 PM

[quote]"Ally" is erroneous assumption.

Bullshit. All of his comments to the press have proven otherwise. He was there to support his daughter and his daughter’s boyfriend, who was performing in a drag show.

A straight guy at a gay bar supporting his daughter and her boyfriend. What would you assume, he’s an enemy?

JFC.

by Anonymousreply 23November 22, 2022 4:24 PM

[quote]the stiletto-wearing performer who stomped the killer.

That’s LITERAL VIOLENCE!!11!

by Anonymousreply 24November 22, 2022 4:31 PM

R22 you fucking misogynistic asshole. Are you saying that BIPOC Womyn couldn’t stop the killer?! How very dare you!

by Anonymousreply 25November 22, 2022 4:33 PM

I hope his brewery sells a ton of merch. I'm going to by a hoodie for my beer swilling homophobic BIL.

by Anonymousreply 26November 22, 2022 4:37 PM

[quote]I'm going to by a hoodie

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 27November 22, 2022 4:41 PM

R23 the daughter’s (22) high school prom date was performing, not the boyfriend (who died).

by Anonymousreply 28November 22, 2022 4:44 PM

His military training kicked in.

by Anonymousreply 29November 22, 2022 4:44 PM

[quote]Not an ally.

His attending the show equals him being a supportive ally, r12.

by Anonymousreply 30November 22, 2022 4:48 PM

Which one of the dead is the boyfriend? The black guy or the bartender Derrick Rump?

Per usual no mention of the gays in the club, only the trannies and straights.

by Anonymousreply 31November 22, 2022 4:59 PM

Great man but those socks and sandals are a real shame

by Anonymousreply 32November 22, 2022 5:13 PM

“Kassy’s mother, Jess, is Colorado’s very first female Head Brewer! She’s also well known for creating Colorado’s first Latina-owned brewing company. Atrevida Beer Co is a female-forward brewery, aiming to produce unique flavors that challenge consumers’ perspectives of craft beers. They promote their beliefs with the slogan, “Diversity, It’s on Tap!” If you’d like to learn more about Atrevida, click the link below to check out their website.”

I would say he’s an ally. His wife is Colorado’s first female head brewer and he had said in some other articles that his wife and daughter do the majority of the work in the brewery. He isn’t hung up on stereotypes about masculinity. The daughter’s boyfriend wasn’t either. He had never been to a gay bar before but he was there that night, dancing and having fun with everyone else.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33November 22, 2022 5:14 PM

Some of you will never have the guts to admit you're the "both sides" stench on DL going on for several years now, because that would take a modicum of decency and introspection. It isn't progressives who are currently demeaning him for what he did. Many high-profile scumbags on the right are saying he shamed the uniform for even having been there.

It isn't anyone on the left who caused what happened. I have issues with trans, but nothing they have done could ever justify what happened...but FOX will make sure that you think it's justified. Some of you really are just idiots for thinking you look "rational" when you pull the "both sides" Bill Maher stupidity. No, a drag queen doing storytime is not the same as someone who goes to mass murder people because he thinks all gays are groomers because the right-wing told him so.:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34November 23, 2022 4:01 AM

[quote] A straight guy at a gay bar supporting his daughter and her boyfriend. What would you assume, he’s an enemy?

R23 Fierro was there to support his daughter, not her boyfriend (who was not performing) or her friend (who was performing. Again, his defensive action was to protect his wife/daughter. That does not necessarily make him an "ally", a word you R30 R33 should look up. People can and sometimes do do heroic things without necessarily subscribing to or supporting the political/ideological notions of the people they've helped. It's called being a human being, not an "ally".

"Enemy" is your erroneous assumption, neither implied nor asserted.

by Anonymousreply 35November 23, 2022 4:42 AM

Holy shit, R35 is such a fucking asshole.

by Anonymousreply 36November 23, 2022 4:43 AM

Well, I just put 35 on ignore and his posting history is as you'd expect: A colossal douchebag who endlessly bitches about woke and exaggerates its influence.

by Anonymousreply 37November 23, 2022 4:46 AM

He seems very Fettermanesque.

by Anonymousreply 38November 23, 2022 4:48 AM

He's been very careful in interviews not to reveal his politics. On MSNBC tonight, he did show a few signs of being a Republican/MAGA, but he had a good, inlusive message about being supportive of everyone, so I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 39November 23, 2022 4:51 AM

What R35 R36 R37 fails to realize is that it's his identical mindless anger/scapegoating that drove Aldrich to murder 5 and wound 18.

by Anonymousreply 40November 23, 2022 4:53 AM

She's hot. Black lesbians are always heroes just for being alive.

by Anonymousreply 41November 23, 2022 5:12 AM

Which signs of being a MAGA did you hear from him, r39?

by Anonymousreply 42November 23, 2022 5:41 AM

Raymond Green Vance was the long time boyfriend of Kassy Fierro.

The dead included one straight man, one straight woman, one gay man, one trans man, and one trans woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43November 23, 2022 9:07 AM

R39, he’s probably careful not to reveal his politics on tv because he lives in a country that is Republican and pro gun and clearly contains some violent extremists.

But the motto of his brewery is Diversity on Tap, and it’s predominantly run by his wife and daughter. His wife is the first female head brewer in Colorado, and his daughter, who is over 21, is also very active in the brewery.

He’s said that the whole family, though straight, views supporting gay rights as a pro-community activity and that they attend Pride.

by Anonymousreply 44November 23, 2022 9:17 AM

A Decent Man, Hero & King. His natural instict kicked in at a crucial time. Many brave heroes that night in the face of evil...

by Anonymousreply 45November 23, 2022 9:34 AM

More straight men like THIS, please.

by Anonymousreply 46November 23, 2022 9:37 AM

[quote]Some of you really are just idiots for thinking you look "rational" when you pull the "both sides" Bill Maher stupidity.

R34 They're straight dudes spending their free time "trolling" the DL. I thought this was common knowledge.

by Anonymousreply 47November 23, 2022 10:38 AM

He's co-owner of the biz with his wife. Women-owned businesses in Colorado get perks and tax benefits so I wouldn't get too excited about her status.

by Anonymousreply 48November 23, 2022 10:48 AM

“. Jess summed up her philosophy with the name "Atrevida," which translates as “daring” and is usually used in Mexican Spanish as a term of grudging respect for women who do what they’re not supposed to.“

Fierro means “Iron” in Spanish :)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49November 23, 2022 2:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!