Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What do you think of Cybill Shepherd's looks?

When did she look her absolute best and when did she first start to lose her looks?

Let's discuss.

by Anonymousreply 43December 29, 2022 5:29 AM

You're obsessed with looks OP/gurl.

What do you consider YOURSELF out of 10?

by Anonymousreply 1November 22, 2022 7:13 AM

She was beautiful in The Last Picture Show. She still was attractive when she was in the show Moonlighting but not as beautiful as in her youth. By the time she got her own sitcom her looks were going downhill.

by Anonymousreply 2November 22, 2022 7:29 AM

Had some good angles in the early 1970s, but honestly my cat is more attractive

by Anonymousreply 3November 22, 2022 7:49 AM

Cybill started to lose her looks when her gorgeous co-star won her Emmy in 1995.

by Anonymousreply 4November 22, 2022 10:31 AM

Did she ever have plastic surgery?

by Anonymousreply 5November 22, 2022 4:28 PM

She's one of those women like Brooke Shields who seem like they peak as young women, but keep 'thickening' as they age- and become almost mannish.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 22, 2022 4:57 PM

I know most won’t agree but I think she was the most beautiful in the early (pre preganancy) Moonlighting years. The 80s (with a little bit of 40s thrown in) fashions (shoulder pads) , hairstyles (big), and makeup suited her look and build much more than anything from the 70s and I think is when she really peaked as a beauty and everything else.

And people always talk about choosing your dads over your ass on here but she would have aged much better if she had kept some weight off (and if she just had a smaller frame in general - which of course is beyond her control).

Supposedly such a bitch, though. I know someone (now deceased) who managed an actor of a certain (flop) movie she was in and she was just a total arrogant bitch. And not in a im just standing up for myself kind of way. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 7November 22, 2022 4:58 PM

Very boring looking. Objectively very pretty but lacked sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 8November 22, 2022 4:59 PM

In fairness to Cybill she had twins in her late 30s, skin cancer and surgery to repair a major bowel rupture . All of that's gonna take its toll but yeah she looked good up to the end of her sitcom. She actually looks better now again than she did 10 years ago when she looked pretty rough.

by Anonymousreply 9November 22, 2022 5:02 PM

Is she homophobic?

What are her views on homosexuality?

by Anonymousreply 10November 22, 2022 6:55 PM

[quote]What are her views on homosexuality?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 22, 2022 7:21 PM

R10 she's always been vocal about gay rights, even back in the 80s/90s when it was not so fashionable. Here she is winning a GLAAD ally award

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12November 22, 2022 8:29 PM

*mumbles* *drools* *burps*

by Anonymousreply 13November 23, 2022 12:45 AM

Lips too big

by Anonymousreply 14November 23, 2022 5:13 PM

Looked her best when she was doing beauty pageants.

How old was she then?

by Anonymousreply 15November 24, 2022 2:41 AM

Best - Season 1 of Moonlighting

Started losing her looks -Season 5 of Moonlighting

by Anonymousreply 16November 24, 2022 3:38 AM

R14 If her lips were any thinner they'd be non existent. Is Savannah Guthrie your beauty idol?

by Anonymousreply 17November 24, 2022 3:46 AM

Pretty and healthy looking woman at her peak but not beautiful. I tend to confuse her with Candice Bergen.

by Anonymousreply 18November 24, 2022 3:48 AM

Her looks peaked in the 1970's such as this photo of her in 1973.

By the time Moonlighting went on the air in 1985 she was still quite attractive but no longer stunning as she had been up until the late 1970's.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19November 24, 2022 4:36 AM

She was a bit too Maureen McCormick to me during her 70s modeling days. I thought she was at her most beautiful when she relaunched her career in the mid 80s and in her early Moonlighting days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20November 24, 2022 3:18 PM

I think she still had it in Moonlighting. I thought she was so glamorous and looked great in all those pastel colors she would wear. She was like a modern tv version of Grace Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 21November 24, 2022 3:22 PM

I agree, r21 - and she definitely had a sexiness to her she didn’t possess in her Last Picture Show days.

For me, her looks started to fade in that last season of Moonlighting. Her face looked pallid and washed out, and even the soft focus lens they used for Maddie for most of the show wasn’t helping this time. And it didn’t help that she had one of the most unflattering hairstyles ever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22November 24, 2022 4:15 PM

I agree R7, R20, R21, and R22. Early Moonlighting years were some of Cybill's best for her looks. There are some scenes in the first season of Moonlighting where she's absolutely stunning and had a screen queen quality like Grace Kelly as R21 points out. Too bad she was/is such a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 23November 24, 2022 4:33 PM

She is such a nightmare to work with she's been parodied onscreen at least twice--once in "Irreconcilable Differences" as the no-talent actress played by Sharon Stone, and once as a nightmare boss for Lili Taylor's chef on Six Feet Under played by Catherine O'Hara.

by Anonymousreply 24November 24, 2022 4:38 PM

I don't remember who that is

by Anonymousreply 25November 24, 2022 4:52 PM

She has also been parodied by Katey Segal on an episode of CSI and by Annie Potts in a stage play written by an ex-Cybill writer. And Cybill had worked with both Katey and Annie previously so interesting that each agreed to play a version of her for laughs.

Annette Bening in American Beauty was based on her too.

She’s a bitch but she’s one fascinating bitch.

by Anonymousreply 26November 24, 2022 4:54 PM

Wow, Cybill is so boring on screen she must save her truly remarkable cuntitude for backstage!

by Anonymousreply 27November 24, 2022 4:56 PM

A gay guy ran her production company--he was a class behind me in high school.

by Anonymousreply 28November 24, 2022 5:08 PM

R28, did Cybill and that gay guy get along?

by Anonymousreply 29November 24, 2022 5:56 PM

Please, more true life stories of Cybill from those that have worked with her or even once or twice removed.

I love hearing about bitchy women other than Faye.

by Anonymousreply 30November 24, 2022 6:27 PM

You’re too kind, Christine/r4. Her good looks started to fade about 7-8 years before that.

by Anonymousreply 31November 24, 2022 6:38 PM

She looked stunning in Taxi Driver. I agree she was very attractive in Moonlighting but not at her peak. Apparently her bitchiness peaked during Cybill, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32November 24, 2022 7:12 PM

^Meh.

by Anonymousreply 33November 24, 2022 7:49 PM

I heard she was a bitch, but I didn't know so many negative characters were based on her.

by Anonymousreply 34November 24, 2022 7:57 PM

She’s a better actress than people give her credit for. She was wonderful in the early years of Moonlighting before they ruined the Maddie Hayes character. But Bruce and her had incredible chemistry that neither has had with anyone else before or since.

by Anonymousreply 35November 24, 2022 8:43 PM

I never got the Cybill Shepherd "thing." She always seemed shallow and snotty to me (and not just because of "Picture Show").

by Anonymousreply 36November 24, 2022 9:12 PM

[quote] She’s a better actress than people give her credit for.

She could definitely be good but I wonder who wouldn’t be in The Last Picture Show and Moonlighting they were both handled by people who seemed to know what they wanted. But she did seem to have an affinity with screwball which put her in good footing with her Moonlighting character. She already tried screwball with Bogdanovich - even Daisy Miller had elements of a fast-talking screwball type character.

by Anonymousreply 37November 25, 2022 2:48 AM

This could be fun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38December 26, 2022 9:32 AM

[quote]She is such a nightmare to work with she's been parodied onscreen at least twice--once in "Irreconcilable Differences" as the no-talent actress played by Sharon Stone

[quote]Annette Bening in American Beauty was based on her too.

I didn’t know about either of these, R24 and R26, I guess I don’t know much about her pre-Moonlighting, looking at her IMDB I didn’t know she worked so much in the 70s and early 80s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39December 29, 2022 2:45 AM

She looks like a cross-eyed duck.

by Anonymousreply 40December 29, 2022 2:50 AM

I always loved her look - and her Southern accent that came out sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 41December 29, 2022 2:52 AM

She was an incredibly beautiful woman - an American ideal. Bitter Joan Rivers dubbed her “the president of the Fucking Lucky Club.”

But she herself has acknowledged she can’t take any credit for her looks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42December 29, 2022 5:24 AM

She basically says the same thing here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43December 29, 2022 5:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!