Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why I Won't Wear A One Love Armband - By Deidre Hall

I believe that sporting events are not a forum for personal religious, social or political views. However, I have not objected when fellow performers have worn one love armband to advocate their support for the LGBT community: that's their choice. My choice is NOT to wear a one love armband.

Sports Illustrated readers should know wearing a one love armband is no longer entirely voluntary. Those who began by offering one love armband to athletes now resort to extreme tactics in pursuit of their express goal of 100 percent conformity. When athletes arrive at a venue, individuals who attempt to place one love armband on them accost them. An athlete who declines may be accosted at the pre-show game, again while waiting backstage and again at the press conference after the game.

Offering this one love armband to celebrities was, in my view, a benign and pro-social act. On the other hand, aggressively badgering performers to compel the wearing of the one love armband is not only demeaning to the LGBT community and the need for continued support for the LGBT community, but an offense against personal freedom.

By attempting to force 100 percent conformity, these activists are no attempting to make the one love armband a visible litmus test for separating those individuals who empathize and support the LGBT Community those who do not. This is a misguided and dangerous notion.

First, it misguidedly politicizes LGBT Community. This one love armbands provide a means by which public figures can appear to make a 'politically correct' statement in favor of a cause they do not support.

Second, any attempt to force conformity to a single social agenda attacks the freedom of expression. The extreme activities that resort to harassment to compel athletes to wear this one love armband are practicing a '90s brand of McCarthyism and their behavior is deplorable. Our community was devastated by political extremists in the 1950s and again became a target during the last presidential campaign. It surpasses belief that men and women in the entertainment field would resort to shameful practices that the enemies of artistic freedom have used against us.

Sadly, it falls to some of us who ardently support the LGBT Community to resist these tactics by personal example. Believe me, the easy way out would be to wear the one love armband on and keep silent. But I won't, because I don't want these appalling tactics to succeed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50November 28, 2022 9:27 PM

Whoever this dumb bitch is can rot in hell.

by Anonymousreply 1November 22, 2022 2:11 AM

LMAO, these never get old

Thank you, OP - and R1

by Anonymousreply 2November 22, 2022 2:12 AM

R1 = n00b

by Anonymousreply 3November 22, 2022 2:12 AM

Her titties are all saggy. Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 4November 22, 2022 2:12 AM

I love Deidre getting all pissy about everything.

Thank you, OP.

by Anonymousreply 5November 22, 2022 2:13 AM

R3 Bless your heart. I knew, I'm just playing along. Let's have fun, goofus.

by Anonymousreply 6November 22, 2022 2:18 AM

wow!!!

by Anonymousreply 7November 22, 2022 10:16 PM

So the celebrities are being forced somehow, by physical threat, to wear them? WSo what if they're accosted. Aren't celebrities accosted all the time, players and actors and singers and the like?

This sounds like "I don't want to be forced to support LGBTQ+ rights" to me.

by Anonymousreply 8November 22, 2022 10:20 PM

Will she still refuse to wear a red ribbon though?

by Anonymousreply 9November 23, 2022 12:32 AM

I met her a an AIDS benefit for Sunset Boulevard hosted by Cher. I don't remember if she had a ribbon on, but I would find it hard to believe she changed that much. She was nice.

by Anonymousreply 10November 23, 2022 12:55 AM

What a cunt

by Anonymousreply 11November 23, 2022 1:13 PM

[quote]Her titties are all saggy. Yuck.

Yes, I know.

by Anonymousreply 12November 23, 2022 1:29 PM

R11 why would you say that?

by Anonymousreply 13November 23, 2022 4:24 PM

Well, I never!

by Anonymousreply 14November 23, 2022 4:29 PM

Why am I not surprised by this? I remember her writing something similar about AIDS back in the early '90s. She must be a big old homophobe.

by Anonymousreply 15November 24, 2022 7:09 AM

R15 Probably

by Anonymousreply 16November 24, 2022 11:29 AM

What is the origin of these Deirdra Hall “I will not wear…” posts?

They’re always hilarious

by Anonymousreply 17November 24, 2022 12:56 PM

It's Thanksgiving and I'm feeling generous, so for the newbs, here you go:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18November 24, 2022 1:00 PM

R18, thank you

by Anonymousreply 19November 24, 2022 1:23 PM

After reading the article I can somewhat see her point, especially with everything being tagged political these days no matter what the cause is. Because ieverything from a red ribbon to the American flag has been tainted with "whose side are you on" she probably just wants to go to these events and remain neutral.

by Anonymousreply 20November 24, 2022 7:07 PM

Agreed, r20. And it’s true for both the American flag and the rainbow flag.

by Anonymousreply 21November 24, 2022 7:13 PM

R20, you're assuming her actual issue is thinking events should be politically neutral. Given that she has a history in area of objecting to an AIDS ribbon, I think it's more likely she's simply anti-gay. If she hasn't spoken out on any other cause other than those too that's a more than reasonable assumption.

Oh, and I think her claim she was "accosted" is BS.

by Anonymousreply 22November 24, 2022 7:15 PM

Who is top billed on her program?

by Anonymousreply 23November 24, 2022 7:16 PM

I already posted she went to an AIDS fundraiser hosted by Cher. She was lovely to me. Not anti- gay.

by Anonymousreply 24November 24, 2022 7:59 PM

Well, then she must just have a pretty exaggerated sense of her own importance. She attended an event in which they were handing out One Love armbands and she needed to write this lengthy opinion piece explaining why she declined to wear one; as though the world was waiting with bated breath to hear this D-List soap actress' thoughts on anything.

by Anonymousreply 25November 24, 2022 8:04 PM

[quote] One Love

A meaningless slogan.

What Love?

Whose Love?

by Anonymousreply 26November 24, 2022 8:48 PM

R25 “she must just have a pretty exaggerated sense of her own importance. ”

A Hollywood star? Self important? NEVER!

by Anonymousreply 27November 24, 2022 9:04 PM

She won't wear the ribbon

by Anonymousreply 28November 26, 2022 11:05 PM

[quote] Two Love

It's better than—

[quote] One Love

by Anonymousreply 29November 26, 2022 11:18 PM

i'm not into slogans. even if i support the cause something about it feels slimy to me, merch and politics should not be intersecting. like everyone buys a mug and then thinks they did something, i think political consumerism decreases the motivation/energy people would otherwise put toward maybe doing something useful.

by Anonymousreply 30November 26, 2022 11:22 PM

[quote] merch and politics should not be intersecting

by Anonymousreply 31November 26, 2022 11:29 PM

[quote]What is the origin of these Deirdra Hall

Oh, Dear (dra).

by Anonymousreply 32November 26, 2022 11:29 PM

[quote]Her titties are all saggy. Yuck.

Well she’s 92 years old.

by Anonymousreply 33November 26, 2022 11:30 PM

Why I Won't Wash My Pussy - By Deidre Hall

I believe that life's events are not a forum for personal hygiene, religious, social or political views. However, I have not objected when fellow performers have washed their pussies to advocate their support for western-style, resource-destroying hygiene: that's their choice. My choice is NOT to wash my pussy.

Sports Illustrated readers should know that washing one's pussy is longer entirely voluntary. Those who began by offering wet rags to women now resort to extreme tactics in pursuit of their express goal of 100 percent conformity. When women arrive at a venue, gasping individuals who attempt to firehose their pussies accost them. A woman, especially a star and social influencer for a new generation of with-it gals, who declines may be accosted at the venue or event or family gathering, again while waiting to pee on the lawn and again at the press conference after news releases such as this..

Offering celebrities the alternative to wash or not wash their pussies was, in my view, a benign and pro-social act. On the other hand, aggressively badgering performers to compel the washing of the pussies is not only demeaning to women everywhere and the need for continued support for women's rights, but an offense against personal freedom.

By attempting to force 100 percent conformity, these activists are not attempting to make clean pussies a too-often-visible and blandly unaminalistic "litmus test" for separating those individuals who empathize and support women's rights from those who do not. This is a misguided and dangerous notion.

First, it misguidedly politicizes pro-planet hygiene-withdrawal, as well as the right to proudly stink in a sphere of bewitched gnats and flies and sulphuric haze is Gaia-given. This bizarre fixation on pussies bleached bare and white wrist-deep, devoid of nurturing fauna and flora, smelling like the barren world we are making with our chemical assassination provides a means by which public figures can appear to make a 'politically correct' statement in favor of a cause they do not support. Everyone knows that underneath it all women positively luxuriate in the opportunity to stink.

Second, any attempt to force conformity to a single social agenda attacks the freedom of expression, perspiration and the smell of exhumation. The extreme activities that resort to harassment to compel women to scrub their pussies are practicing a '90s brand of McCarthyism and their behavior is deplorable. Our community was devastated by political extremists in the 1950s and again became a target during the last several presidential campaigns, if I can remember back that far. It surpasses belief that men and women in the entertainment field would resort to shameful practices that the enemies of artistic freedom have used against us. I pee garlic asparagus on them!

For, sadly, it falls to some of us who ardently support the right to resist these wash-your-pussy tactics by personal example. Believe me, the easy way out would be to head for the mall and sit on the fountain head on and keep silent in the foam. But I won't, because I don't want these appalling tactics to succeed.

by Anonymousreply 34November 26, 2022 11:43 PM

She needs to get over herself

by Anonymousreply 35November 26, 2022 11:45 PM

I don't even know who this rancid fascist cunt is, but I wish she rots in hell asap

by Anonymousreply 36November 26, 2022 11:51 PM

R34, I hope that didn't take you long to compose.

by Anonymousreply 37November 27, 2022 3:59 AM

The year she made that proclamation about the red ribbon, MacDonald Carey and Frances Reid appeared on the Daytime Emmys. Before they presented their category, Frances Reid the purpose of the red ribbon, and when she was done MacDonald Carey said, “better red than dead.”

Frances was shocked.

by Anonymousreply 38November 27, 2022 4:12 AM

[quote] these never get old

uh, this stopped being funny about 5 years ago

by Anonymousreply 39November 27, 2022 4:36 AM

How now, sluts?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40November 27, 2022 4:37 AM

In which business is this woman?

by Anonymousreply 41November 27, 2022 4:40 AM

Man, this thread is *dense*

by Anonymousreply 42November 27, 2022 4:41 AM

R42 seriously. Lots of absolute fuckwitted know nothings.

by Anonymousreply 43November 27, 2022 4:45 AM

Yes, R42 it's *dense* with coagulated hatred from people with narrow vision and narrow minds.

by Anonymousreply 44November 27, 2022 4:48 AM

R37, ask the OP the same question, cunt.

Or should I say, "dirty pussy"?

Yes. Yes I should.

by Anonymousreply 45November 27, 2022 11:16 PM

Hilarious

by Anonymousreply 46November 28, 2022 7:09 PM

What harassment exactly is she alleging took place? Minimum wage lackeys tried to pin her down and hold her arm in place until someone put an armband on it? She needs to get over herself.

by Anonymousreply 47November 28, 2022 7:17 PM

R47 Agreed!

by Anonymousreply 48November 28, 2022 8:14 PM

Did Mary Hart and Dee Dee ever bump pussies? Well did they?

by Anonymousreply 49November 28, 2022 9:00 PM

Well, I happen to agree with her and to show my support I finally purchased a subscription to Peacock so I can stream Days.

by Anonymousreply 50November 28, 2022 9:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!