Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The DL Pre-Thanksgiving Gratitude Thread

DL friends and fiends, please pull up a chair at the virtual dinner table and spill: what are you grateful for this year?

by Anonymousreply 23November 25, 2022 2:16 PM

Hi Harold! That extra pre-Thanksgiving weight really suits you and your fellow turkeys.

This year I am grateful for you - of course - and for booze and pot.

by Anonymousreply 1November 21, 2022 10:38 PM

Aw, shucks, R1.

I'm thankful that you noticed (putting on my holiday weight is a struggle!)... and that you eschewed the standard tone of an R1 response.

by Anonymousreply 2November 22, 2022 11:41 AM

I'm very grateful that I'm a vegetarian, and the blood of millions of turkeys will be on your hands, not mine.

by Anonymousreply 3November 22, 2022 11:48 AM

I am grateful I can browse this site in between festivities and check the new replies to the “Let’s be a Lesbian Thanksgiving” thread.

by Anonymousreply 4November 22, 2022 12:20 PM

I'm thankful that I'm not homeless yet - it could be coming but for now, still hanging on.

by Anonymousreply 5November 22, 2022 12:21 PM

It was looking like things were really going to go tits up after this last election, so I am grateful that sanity prevailed, the kids came out & voted and there was minimal election stolen drama. The same cretins are still at work, but it feels as if they're a little less powerful now.

I am also grateful that while things are still a mess, the world does seem to be coming out its COVID funk

by Anonymousreply 6November 22, 2022 12:24 PM

I’m thankful for Jimmy Garoppolo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 22, 2022 12:25 PM

Here's hoping for better days ahead, R5.

by Anonymousreply 8November 22, 2022 12:29 PM

I’m grateful I haven’t had a drink in a number of decades.

Grateful I’m going out for dinner on Thursday with two friends, and don’t have to put up with making Thanksgiving dinner anymore, or visiting with relatives who would make me wish I had stayed home.

by Anonymousreply 9November 22, 2022 12:32 PM

This year has been tough but I am thankful for the little family I have around me, that I am employed and have a roof over my head.

by Anonymousreply 10November 22, 2022 12:35 PM

And, like r6, I am very thankful that election results, especially in my state, went in our favor.

by Anonymousreply 11November 22, 2022 12:37 PM

Health. That I still have my house and stuff after several very threatening storms. My 16-year-old nudnik cat (who adores me), good neighbors. Successful knee replacement surgery in June. My friends. My siblings. And yes, all the brilliantly funny and naughty wags here on DL.

by Anonymousreply 12November 22, 2022 12:51 PM

[quote]all the brilliantly funny and naughty wags here on DL

Seconded!

by Anonymousreply 13November 22, 2022 1:29 PM

Gratitude bump!

by Anonymousreply 14November 22, 2022 4:24 PM

My brother died last month after a long illness, I was very worried it would cause a big decline in my mom but she is still as goofy and healthy as ever at 93. She lives alone in her apartment with two cats and she wants cheeseburgers for Thanksgiving. Good times.

by Anonymousreply 15November 22, 2022 4:31 PM

Big-day bump!

by Anonymousreply 16November 24, 2022 12:41 PM

New spine, no cancer, fiance/BF, house, job, no nuclear fallout yet, fascism in the USA hasn't completely taken over yet, prospect of getting married/bf moving to my state and in with me and getting a cat next year.

by Anonymousreply 17November 24, 2022 1:41 PM

[quote]and that you eschewed the standard tone

Um, Harold, uh, I’m not sure if a turkey should be using any word with chewed in it. Especially today.

by Anonymousreply 18November 24, 2022 2:52 PM

I’m grateful the world is getting back to some semblance of normalcy post-pandemic. Yes, I know all you negative nellies will say “it’s not over!!!” and I didn’t say it was. I said it seems life is slowly returning to more normal.

Oh, and of course Harold for starting the thread. He’s a fat bird, but he cool.

by Anonymousreply 19November 24, 2022 2:54 PM

Grateful that their was no "red wave". FUCK YOU MSM!

by Anonymousreply 20November 24, 2022 3:01 PM

[quote]Um, Harold, uh, I’m not sure if a turkey should be using any word with chewed in it. Especially today.

Solid point, R18. I've made my bed and must now lie in it, I suppose.

[quote]Oh, and of course Harold for starting the thread. He’s a fat bird, but he cool.

A "fat bird"?! IT'S JUST MY HOLIDAY WEIGHT, R19.

Sorry for the ruffled feathers and subsequent caps. I'm feeling extra-sensitive today, for obvious reasons.

Thank you for the compliment, nonetheless!

by Anonymousreply 21November 24, 2022 5:22 PM

I’m thankful that my (married with kids) boyfriend took time away from his family this morning to send me a lengthy, sweet love note. My heart melted.

by Anonymousreply 22November 24, 2022 5:27 PM

So thankful we can stop being "thankful" now. It's over and done.

by Anonymousreply 23November 25, 2022 2:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!