Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is Musk losing his mind on Twitter right now?

Why is he posting goofy shit like this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601December 14, 2022 10:33 PM

Because he's a man-baby with no sense of humor and no one to slap him across the face repeatedly.

by Anonymousreply 1November 21, 2022 1:17 PM

And this... these aren't parodies. These are currently on his actual Twitter account.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 21, 2022 1:17 PM

Immature edgelord trying to (badly) meme his way out of a $44 billion fuckup. Never mind that he has several companies to run and ten kids to look after.

by Anonymousreply 3November 21, 2022 1:19 PM

And he wonders why advertisers are jumping ship from his platform. Why would well known brands want their ads showing up along shit like this?

by Anonymousreply 4November 21, 2022 1:21 PM

Gdammit I was hoping he would throw in the towel by now and I could keep my company’s account on Twitter. Looks like I may have to deactivate if he’s this wack.

Musk is such a try hard. Desperate to appear “cool”.

by Anonymousreply 5November 21, 2022 1:21 PM

He so desperately wants to be one of the "cool kids" that he's resorted to teenage type memes, but since he now owns the ball I guess you either accept him or you're out. I chose out

by Anonymousreply 6November 21, 2022 1:21 PM

The new Elmo, King of Twitter 🙄

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 21, 2022 1:23 PM

Twitter is circling the drain.

by Anonymousreply 8November 21, 2022 1:23 PM

People have been dunking on him for posting old memes from 12 years ago that only little kiddies posted in the first place, so he's doubling down on the behavior out of embarrassment. Again.

He did this before when he said in a group work chat that he didn't know what needed to be done to fix Twitter but "we all need to be more hardcore." He then started using "hardcore" constantly, because everyone had been making fun of him about it.

by Anonymousreply 9November 21, 2022 1:25 PM

It's so embarrassing. Does he have no self-respect?

It's a new, even more pathetic form of trying to stay young and relevant. Why didn't he just have an affair, or get botox or something. With $44 billion he could have tried to be a new bionic man or something.

This is clearly a terrible midlife crisis.

by Anonymousreply 10November 21, 2022 1:27 PM

He doesn’t have his own Twitter “voice.” He can only copy.

by Anonymousreply 11November 21, 2022 1:27 PM

He is on the spectrum. Just like Trump. They don’t know how to do humor.

by Anonymousreply 12November 21, 2022 1:31 PM

Ill say it again, I don't get his jokes.

by Anonymousreply 13November 21, 2022 1:36 PM

[quote] Why is he posting goofy shit like this?

Because he can.

Because he owns the company.

Can you imagine if a Datalounger owned Twitter?

Oh, the stupid shit that would be posted there every day.

by Anonymousreply 14November 21, 2022 1:40 PM

He seems very interested in anal sex for a supposedly straight guy. Just sayin'.

by Anonymousreply 15November 21, 2022 1:42 PM

Maybe the Trump thing was in reference to Trump not wanting to join Twitter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16November 21, 2022 1:43 PM

He must have too much spare time on his hands.

by Anonymousreply 17November 21, 2022 1:46 PM

He is just doing for what Twitter was designed all along. He is quenching his zest for affirmation. If that's what you need to get through the day, then Twitter is your perfect enabler. When Trump went overboard, he got canned and moved to another neighborhood. Musk just bought the neighborhood. And as long as his new friends cheer at every shit he posts, he posts more shit. But to stay in the picture: There is no waste management in the neighborhood anymore. Once enough garbage piles up, people will move.

by Anonymousreply 18November 21, 2022 1:46 PM

I used to not care about Elon Musk, one way or another.

But in light of recent events, I think that this guy is very dangerous.

And probably mentally ill.

Having him control such a prominent social media outlet is NOT a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 19November 21, 2022 1:46 PM

We applaud the advertisers who leave twitter but ignore the BIG Sponsors of FIFA QATAR? A country that is actively killing gay people? Why aren't we up in arms about that?

by Anonymousreply 20November 21, 2022 1:49 PM

I loved how he made people aware of sexual assault by women on men but nobody noticed it coz we live in a matriarchy. I feel sorry for the pastor depicted in the picture.

by Anonymousreply 21November 21, 2022 1:49 PM

The thing about popularity, fame and celebrity is that you always attract lamer versions of yourself. Not every fan is going to qualify for that description, but a lot are, and Elon's fans are all on Twitter proving this every day.

by Anonymousreply 22November 21, 2022 1:50 PM

[quote]we live in a matriarchy

Right, which is why the news is full of stories about that lady billionaire who keeps having children -- all female, on purpose -- with weird names, to make sure her genetic seed is spread far and wide after she's gone.

Oh, wait.

by Anonymousreply 23November 21, 2022 1:51 PM

No, Trump never received the amount of engagement on Truth Social that his Twitter account received.

Twitter will not be easily replaced.

by Anonymousreply 24November 21, 2022 1:52 PM

He deleted this one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 21, 2022 1:53 PM

r19, my impression too

by Anonymousreply 26November 21, 2022 1:55 PM

He's going to lose his religious supporters with that.

Is he saying he wants Trump to fuck him in the ass?

by Anonymousreply 27November 21, 2022 1:56 PM

Pathetic cretin of a man.

by Anonymousreply 28November 21, 2022 1:57 PM

It thrives on attention. Look away and it’ll shrivel up and die.

Of course, we won’t look away because we never do so the circus plays on and on and on .

by Anonymousreply 29November 21, 2022 1:57 PM

OT but why do some replies show they have 20-30 comments, but when I click on the said reply it only shows one or two comments, sometimes not even one comment?

by Anonymousreply 30November 21, 2022 2:00 PM

Meanwhile tRump's stupid ass Truth Social can't even pay their bills and their offices are vacant...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31November 21, 2022 2:00 PM

Musk is quite neurotic and a loose cannon. He needs a keeper to reel him in.

by Anonymousreply 32November 21, 2022 2:01 PM

I think that's a glitch, r30. I've been getting it for a few days, too. Also, when I click on a tweet, about 50% of the time it tells me the tweet is not available or deleted, when it hasn't been deleted at all.

by Anonymousreply 33November 21, 2022 2:01 PM

Probably because you block a lot of people r30.

by Anonymousreply 34November 21, 2022 2:01 PM

R34 I never blocked anyone.

by Anonymousreply 35November 21, 2022 2:03 PM

I block no one on Twitter and have the same experience. ^

I'm getting off soon. It's not a healthy environment. Not like Datalounge!

by Anonymousreply 36November 21, 2022 2:04 PM

Perhaps inadvertently?

Click on "Ignored" at the top of your screen.

by Anonymousreply 37November 21, 2022 2:05 PM

^Maybe Twitter just isn't working correctly? Could be due to them having lost a substantial number of employees in the past 2 weeks.

by Anonymousreply 38November 21, 2022 2:08 PM

Candace Owen messed up Kanyes purchase of Parler, another failure at creating a"safe space" for the non-woke.

by Anonymousreply 39November 21, 2022 2:11 PM

Even Trump is smart enough to realize that returning to Twitter is a bad move and this seems to confirm it.

If he goes back, Musk will think that Trump is his 24-hour BFF and will becomes angry if Trump is, say, sleeping and does not respond to Musk's inane thoughts immediately.

Plus given that his "Truths" are repeated by Maggie Haberman as soon as he posts them....

by Anonymousreply 40November 21, 2022 2:12 PM

You offended because it's poking at Trump, OP?

The point is that Trump bitched and moaned about being knocked off Twitter. Musk reinstated his account, likely losing advertisers in the process, but now Trump says no.

by Anonymousreply 41November 21, 2022 2:14 PM

^Shitler has a LOT of money invested in his own gig now. It would be a kind of public humiliation, also, to immediately hop back onto Twitter. He is almost certainly going to come up with some kind of thing like posting on Truth first and then re-posting on Twitter half an hour later or something stupid like that, because he can't resist the greater spread of his messaging on Twitter. Musk seems nutty and impulsive enough so that there's reason to hope that Twitter goes out of business. THAT's what I want, personally.

by Anonymousreply 42November 21, 2022 2:17 PM

Trump will come back to Twitter. He is a narcissist and there is no way that he is going to turn his back on that level of attention.

by Anonymousreply 43November 21, 2022 2:19 PM

Trump is too stupid to exist. He is supposed to use the reinstated Twitter account to drive traffic back to his native space.

"Elon, who is a very good friendof mine is doing a great job of freezing peach, click here for more information", insert links to Truth Social

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44November 21, 2022 2:23 PM

I think he wants us to see it as tongue in cheek. But it's also a not-so-subtle way of sticking two fingers up at anyone who disagrees with his approach.

He's rich and, as far as he's concerned, he can do what he wants.

by Anonymousreply 45November 21, 2022 2:24 PM

Is trying to own Trump?

by Anonymousreply 46November 21, 2022 2:27 PM

[quote] Musk is quite neurotic

I don't think it's a neurosis that has him act "crazy". But I am not a subject matter expert. Has anybody reputable actually dared diagnosing him from a distance? I'd be curious to know what exactly his issue is. He seems to be highly intelligent. But I don't believe that high intelligence automatically shortens ones wires. Some believe he is on the spectrum. But I never heard that this overbearing sense of grandiosity is a symptom of Asperger (or similar). Is he bi-polar? But when does he have his downtime?

by Anonymousreply 47November 21, 2022 2:29 PM

He's definitely childish and emotionally "retarded."

by Anonymousreply 48November 21, 2022 2:30 PM

Felon Fuck is attempting to own the libs.

Reinstating accounts that were suspended for violating TERMS OF SERVICE agreements is supposed to sting.

It doesn't sting, it merely confirms that deactivating your Twitter account is the correct and only choice available to you.

There is no only platform available that offers the service Twitter does.

But Twitter no longer exists. Its done.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49November 21, 2022 2:35 PM

There is no other platform available that offers the service Twitter does... But it is finished.

Advertising revenue is finished

by Anonymousreply 50November 21, 2022 2:37 PM

The news media has had an unhealthy dependence on Twitter. They are going into rehab - see Musk’s tweet above, thirsting after CBS. Others will follow.

Meanwhile Truth Social is circling the drain. Just as it goes under DJT will leap into Musk’s arms; as will his followers.

Their presence, the media’s absence and Twitter’s growing dysfunction will push the rest of us to treat it just as we do Truth Social.

by Anonymousreply 51November 21, 2022 2:37 PM

[quote]Why is he posting goofy shit like this?

Because it keeps the masses on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 52November 21, 2022 2:38 PM

Both of OP's links have already merited separate threads on here. But go ahead guys and continue to feed the PR machine.

by Anonymousreply 53November 21, 2022 2:39 PM

CBS News lasted less than 48 hours in "rehab". Musk is mocking that.

I'm not convinced Twitter is over. People are too addicted to it and all the similar options currently suck.

by Anonymousreply 54November 21, 2022 2:40 PM

Musk is just blowing the dog whistle to his desired audience--pseudopatriot supremacist goons who post on 4 Chan /pol/ and comment on Faux News.

by Anonymousreply 55November 21, 2022 2:42 PM

I'm all for giving the toxic idiot actions of a toxic idiot billionaire all the PR they need to sink his stock value and bankrupt him and his shitty companies, R53.

Tesla lost 53% of its value since Musk purchased Twitter.

I'd like to see him ruined over this.

by Anonymousreply 56November 21, 2022 2:42 PM

Twitter doesn't need public relations, based on the memes the Felon is reposting, it needs an exorcism

by Anonymousreply 57November 21, 2022 2:42 PM

CBS news is owned by a group that has moved on from the American Democracy thing..

It's just easier if we like, have one leader in office and in charge, forever. Like. Voting is like rigged. Like, I see way more like Trump lawn signs in my like neighborhood,than Brandon. like Trump should be in like charge.forever

by Anonymousreply 58November 21, 2022 2:47 PM

Silly Homosexuals With Your "Theories"

You know who doesn't find this stuff amusing? Advertisers.

You know how Twitter makes money? Advertising.

Without advertisers, there is no revenue and without revenue, the only way it stays in business is Musk running it at a loss out of his own pocket, a very unlkely scenario

And unlike FB, whose ad base is mostly small to medium sized businesses who have no other options, Twitter's advertisers have primarily been big companies with big budgets and plenty of other options.

The Death Watch continues.

by Anonymousreply 59November 21, 2022 2:50 PM

So many men in this country lost their minds during the Covid pandemic. It's like they had a mental break because they had to quarantine, wear a mask and get vaccinated. I'm not sure what's behind it. Elon, Kanye and Trump are the most visible symbols of that phenomenon, but it's widespread. They're all ruined men at this point.

by Anonymousreply 60November 21, 2022 2:51 PM

HE IS JUST AS TRASHY AS OCTOMOM! 10 kids from 3 or 4 women.....terrible plastic surgery, stupid takes. The only difference is the money.

by Anonymousreply 61November 21, 2022 2:58 PM

(and the penis)

by Anonymousreply 62November 21, 2022 2:58 PM

I sit back and revel in all the angst and disruption this is causing people, people need to STFU and get off things like Twitter, it has done irreparable damage to the country.

by Anonymousreply 63November 21, 2022 2:59 PM

I'm looking forward to his collapse, mental, Tesla, and Twitter...all of it.

by Anonymousreply 64November 21, 2022 3:13 PM

It's actually quite shocking to me just how immature Elon is, I don't understand how he managed to make so much money - perhaps he hasn't always behaved this way, we are just witnessing him live tweet what is essentially a breakdown/mid-life crisis?

Mind you, his family seems to be massively fucked up - his dad had kids with his own step-daughter who he first met when she was 4.

by Anonymousreply 65November 21, 2022 3:23 PM

I do seriously wonder if this is some break r65? I don't believe he acts this way at Tesla, but maybe he does. It seems like if he did, there would be the same walkouts and chaos and nonsense. But maybe they just put up with his bullshit there for some reason. But really, I suspect this is new for him.

by Anonymousreply 66November 21, 2022 3:28 PM

If you read above his lies about his education r66, you will quickly see that he is yet another con artist. I’m not saying he’s had no success, but a lot of how he made it happen is built upon lies. It’s amazing. Are ALL the rich like Trump and Musk? I always knew they were mostly assholes, but I was not aware of the grifting con action until Trump. There are a lot of them, call the exterminator.

by Anonymousreply 67November 21, 2022 3:31 PM

He is trying to egg Drumpf into starting up again because he is hoping that creates increased views which will bring back advertisers. That's the only real reason he decided to let him back on.

by Anonymousreply 68November 21, 2022 3:39 PM

[quote]And he wonders why advertisers are jumping ship from his platform. Why would well known brands want their ads showing up along shit like this?

I do think he needs advertisers anymore. At $8 a pop, all he needs is about 10.5 million twitter blue users to make $1 billion annually. He’s got plenty of fan boys.

by Anonymousreply 69November 21, 2022 3:47 PM

If he looked at the books and accepted that there’s no way he can stave off Twitter bankruptcy, he may have just decided to party hearty as the whole mess crashes and burns.

He’s nothing if not thin-skinned, immature, and impulsive.

by Anonymousreply 70November 21, 2022 3:49 PM

Why is no one talking about the cartoon Mary Magdalene/ho/woman’s hairline? That’s the real offense here, people. That hairline.

by Anonymousreply 71November 21, 2022 3:52 PM

[quote]He seems very interested in anal sex for a supposedly straight guy. Just sayin'.

☝️Written by someone who isn’t familiar with the female anatomy.

by Anonymousreply 72November 21, 2022 3:52 PM

LOL! He's telliing trump not to fuck Twitter. Kinda obvious I'd say.

by Anonymousreply 73November 21, 2022 3:55 PM

[quote] He’s nothing if not thin-skinned, immature, and impulsive.

and ugly.

by Anonymousreply 74November 21, 2022 3:59 PM

OP are people that humorless or just willfully dim?

I think it’s pretty funny. Musk reinstated Trump. Trump said ‘I’m not coming back’. So Musk tries to keep the possibility open by baiting him. But the message is clear, ‘Please come back, but don’t be tempted by your nature to say/do wildly inappropriate things’ or I’ll have to ban you, again.

‘Humor is like gossamer, and one never dissects gossamer.’ But jfc, think about the meme for a second before falling apart. Or just skip it.

by Anonymousreply 75November 21, 2022 4:13 PM

It’s not funny

by Anonymousreply 76November 21, 2022 4:14 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77November 21, 2022 4:16 PM

Not funny. Not smart. Pathetic cuck who pissed away his fortune just because a hooker told him to.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78November 21, 2022 4:20 PM

From a female perspective in prude mode, that's distasteful. But I get it.

Since when are all these people on twitter such prudes? Twitter was all into protecting Pedo, er excuse me, MAPs.

by Anonymousreply 79November 21, 2022 4:21 PM

Jack dousi looks cute in that pic!

by Anonymousreply 80November 21, 2022 4:21 PM

I have never seen more links to Twitter posted on this website until it took over.

by Anonymousreply 81November 21, 2022 4:22 PM

R77 omg the historical left is already pouncing. It’s allegory and the courtesan in the pic is not presenting herself, to be raped. It’s about temptation to sin.

by Anonymousreply 82November 21, 2022 4:22 PM

^ *hysterical

by Anonymousreply 83November 21, 2022 4:23 PM

Fucking incel

by Anonymousreply 84November 21, 2022 4:23 PM

[quote] At $8 a pop, all he needs is about 10.5 million twitter blue users to make $1 billion annually.

SMH

That's his gross

The money he needs to spend on salaries, servers, lawyers, etc.

That comes out of the gross.

by Anonymousreply 85November 21, 2022 4:24 PM

[quote]It’s allegory and the courtesan in the pic is not presenting herself, to be raped. It’s about temptation to sin.

It’s the Monk, not the whore, that’s being “raped”.

by Anonymousreply 86November 21, 2022 4:26 PM

Wow! The meme posted by OP is truly disturbing. Elon's destruction can't come soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 87November 21, 2022 4:27 PM

[quote]That's his gross

[quote]The money he needs to spend on salaries, servers, lawyers, etc.

No fucking, kidding. The point is it’s a low bar to get to $1 billion not that $1 is a hard stop.

by Anonymousreply 88November 21, 2022 4:28 PM

"all he needs".

Your numbers are off.

Twitter earned 5 billion dollars on advertising revenue annually.

According to the termite queen this number means Twitter was losing 4 million dollars per month.

Magats don't "do" logic. Magats don't. "do" math.

by Anonymousreply 89November 21, 2022 4:28 PM

Aspies can do humor just fine, r12. Plenty of comedians and comic actors have high functioning autism (Dan Aykroyd, Jerry Seinfeld, etc). And Trump (not an aspie) has a hilarious sense of humor, and great timing, no matter how inappropriate he was for high office. Or medium or low office.

by Anonymousreply 90November 21, 2022 4:29 PM

Its disgruntled past and present employees posting to his account is my guess.

by Anonymousreply 91November 21, 2022 4:32 PM

[quote]Magats don't "do" logic. Magats don't. "do" math.

Give it up with the Magat shit every time someone posts some you don’t like. My posting history shows I’m anything but a Magat. Unlike you, asshole, I’m not afraid of opinions

by Anonymousreply 92November 21, 2022 4:33 PM

Your posting history is irrelevant, magat

by Anonymousreply 93November 21, 2022 4:34 PM

He’s a multibillionaire. I’ve met a few in my day. They are not terrible people but they are surprisingly very isolated from reality.

It’s not much different from Putin really. He’s surrounded by yes men and people who think everything he does is unquestionable. So there is no dissent and his instincts about doing things are not filtered.

Basically he thinks everything he does is amazing and there are a lot of people around him whose careers depend on reinforcing that perception.

So you get Putin = Ukraine debacle

Musk = Twitter debacle

by Anonymousreply 94November 21, 2022 4:35 PM

[quote]Your posting history is irrelevant, magat

So are you.

by Anonymousreply 95November 21, 2022 4:35 PM

Magat.

Twitter had advertising revenue at 5 billion dollars per year and operated at a loss of 4 million per month according to the new owner.

Can you please keep up.

by Anonymousreply 96November 21, 2022 4:36 PM

No, shit, r96.

by Anonymousreply 97November 21, 2022 4:38 PM

r94, not terrible people? maybe not all, but many are indeed terrible.

by Anonymousreply 98November 21, 2022 4:38 PM

I am always amazed by Eldergays inability to say "yes, I was wrong about how much money Musk will need to run Twitter successfully. Subscriptions are not the way"

Instead they'd rather hiss and moan and get into pissing matches about how they're not Maggots.

by Anonymousreply 99November 21, 2022 4:42 PM

Magats are too stupid to live.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100November 21, 2022 4:44 PM

Maybe because I don’t think that, r99. Did that cross your mind? Are you going to admit being wrong about what I’m thinking? No?

by Anonymousreply 101November 21, 2022 4:44 PM

He doesn't look after the kids, R3. Their mothers look after them. He just signs the checks.

by Anonymousreply 102November 21, 2022 4:45 PM

R94, that is surprising to no one.

by Anonymousreply 103November 21, 2022 4:46 PM

R99, you're an innocent.God bless you.

I didn't recognize that as an eldergay offering an opposing position, its a magat.

Nothing more than that.

by Anonymousreply 104November 21, 2022 4:47 PM

Am I the only person that questions how much money he claims to have? He just reeks of Trump to me, and I divide everything Trump says he has or has made by a large number.

I just lump Musk in with Trump and similar fraudsters like Elizabeth Holmes and Adam Neumann. That being said, I'm still shocked at how quickly and publicly he's driving Twitter into the ground.

He also generally behaves like a white person from South Africa. His entitlement and disdain for non-sycophants comes not just from the money, but from being in a minority group and actually having the power over the majority of people in your country. It's why he identifies with Trump and MAGA so much, IMHO.

by Anonymousreply 105November 21, 2022 4:52 PM

Musk selling Tesla stocks to fund his Twitter takeover is like giving away caviar to buy $2 pizza

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106November 21, 2022 4:58 PM

R104 knows things other people don't

You won't find him using one of those GPS devices. You know what Google does with that information?

You can't fool him.

No sirree.

by Anonymousreply 107November 21, 2022 4:59 PM

I think he's just stressed out. The pressure to make good on his huge purchase is making him act out or act up. He was always weird, though. Right? I'm weird, so I know of what I speak.

by Anonymousreply 108November 21, 2022 5:00 PM

Analysis: Twitter's 'massive' revenue drop adds to heavy debt burden

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109November 21, 2022 5:01 PM

Elon Musk's revelation that Twitter has suffered a "massive" revenue drop since he took over 10 days ago underscores the precarious nature of the social media company's finances after he saddled it with $13 billion in debt, credit experts say.

Musk tweeted on Friday that Twitter was losing more than $4 million a day, largely because advertisers started fleeing once he took over. He has blamed civil rights activists pressuring advertisers, though many in the advertising industry say his tweets spreading conspiracy theories have contributed.

Yet even before this upheaval, Musk had engineered an acquisition that pushed the San Francisco-based company's finances to the edge.

The payments exceed Twitter's most recently disclosed cash flow, which amounted to $1.1 billion as of the end of June, according to financial disclosures Twitter made before Musk took it private on Oct. 27.

Some aspects of Twitter's current financial health are uncertain, because the company hasn't made enough disclosures. It's not clear how much of the $5.29 billion debt Twitter had before the acquisition was refinanced or remained with the company. It's also not clear how much of the $2.7 billion in cash that Twitter held as of the end of June it got to keep once it went private.

Debt investors and analysts said Musk needs to ensure the company is profitable enough to meet its debt payments or it will require a cash infusion.

"Leverage could spike into the double digits unless Mr. Musk contributes significantly more equity than previously contemplated or significantly improves profitability," S&P Global analysts wrote in a credit research note. They have given the company a "junk" B-minus rating.

Twitter and Musk representatives did not respond to requests for comment.

Musk and his co-investors collectively cut a check for more than $30 billion of their own money for the Twitter deal. That money would be at risk if Twitter required a debt restructuring down the line.

Musk has started to dramatically slash costs, letting go of half of the company's 7,400 employees. Overall, he is trying to find up to $1 billion in annual infrastructure cost savings, including from servers and cloud services. In 2021, Twitter had total costs and expenses of $5.6 billion.

Musk has also outlined plans for a new subscription service that will include the verification of Twitter users' authenticity and cost $8 per month. If he can generate enough revenue to diversify Twitter's profits without alienating users, that would be a boon, credit analysts said.

In their note, S&P analysts also said that an expected economic recession would weigh on Twitter's advertising revenue next year. Musk said last week that Twitter is more vulnerable to cuts in advertising than other social media platforms because most of it comes from advertising of brands, rather than direct-response advertising that involves interaction with the consumers. Advertisers slash brand advertising first during lean times.

Twitter's woes are also a problem for the banks that backed Musk's acquisition, even if the company continues to meet its debt obligations, because they need to shed the debt from their books and sell it on to investors. They have held on to it thus far because higher interest rates have made it less attractive to investors, and they would have to sell it at a discount. A deterioration in Twitter's business has the potential to turn what is currently a loss of hundreds of millions of dollars for the banks into billions of dollars.

"It's going to be hard to sell the debt because the business is expected to decline next year," said Roberta Goss, a senior managing director at Pretium Partners LLC, which invests in corporate debt.

by Anonymousreply 110November 21, 2022 5:03 PM

If you say so, r98. I’ve been in closing rooms with some before (even if they’re just popping in to see how it’s going), but I guess you know better.

I’m not saying they’re all saints, but social media socialists make these guys out to be monsters. I’ve never met one who’s a monster.

I’ve met monsters by the way.

by Anonymousreply 111November 21, 2022 5:07 PM

R109 If we have to hear about reckless man-child billionaires couldn't they at least be attractive. Musk and Trump are 2 of the ugliest men alive.

by Anonymousreply 112November 21, 2022 5:09 PM

R112 whaddaya talkin about? Elon is so muscular

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113November 21, 2022 5:10 PM

"Can you buy Twitter and then delete it, please!? xx" Riley allegedly texted Musk on March 24. "America is going INSANE."

In the texts, "TJ" called social media the "scourge of modern life" and dubbed Twitter "worst of all."

"It's very easy to exploit and is being used by radicals for social engineering on a massive scale. And this shit is infecting the world," the text to Musk reads.

"Please do do something to fight woke-ism. I will do anything to help!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114November 21, 2022 5:11 PM

@r112, Well, not all of us can be beautiful billionaires 😜

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115November 21, 2022 5:11 PM

I think this is funny, I don't know what you're all clutching your pearls about.

It's from an Italian graphic novel about the Borgias by Milo Manara- I do mean graphic!

by Anonymousreply 116November 21, 2022 5:13 PM

R113 He is grotesque.

by Anonymousreply 117November 21, 2022 5:15 PM

Riley, who's middle name is Jane, is the mysterious "TJ" that texted Musk, asking him to "buy Twitter and make it radically free speech," the publication said, citing sources familiar with the issue. T

he texts were released as a part of the pretrial discovery process in Twitter's lawsuit against Musk. They are some of hundreds of messages between Musk and top names in media and finance, including Larry Ellison, Marc Benioff, and Joe Rogan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118November 21, 2022 5:15 PM

R113 Ewww... He looks like a dead fish.

by Anonymousreply 119November 21, 2022 5:17 PM

R119 someone once said that about Robert Pattinson too. Are they related? Afrikaans genes?

by Anonymousreply 120November 21, 2022 5:20 PM

Musk has also outlined plans for a new subscription service that will include the verification of Twitter users' authenticity and cost $8 per month. If he can generate enough revenue to diversify Twitter's profits without alienating users, that would be a boon, credit analysts said.

From, r110

by Anonymousreply 121November 21, 2022 5:25 PM

So this whole thing is about the Babylon Bee?

by Anonymousreply 122November 21, 2022 5:25 PM

No. Its about a cuckold doing what it is told.

by Anonymousreply 123November 21, 2022 5:27 PM

Twitter's woes are also a problem for the banks that backed Musk's acquisition, even if the company continues to meet its debt obligations, because they need to shed the debt from their books and sell it on to investors.

They have held on to it thus far because higher interest rates have made it less attractive to investors, and they would have to sell it at a discount.

A deterioration in Twitter's business has the potential to turn what is currently a loss of hundreds of millions of dollars for the banks into billions of dollars.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124November 21, 2022 5:30 PM

[quote] Well, not all of us can be beautiful billionaires

You'd think someone with that kind of money would invest a little bit in their appearance.

by Anonymousreply 125November 21, 2022 5:30 PM

Twitter competing with parler and truth social for my pillow ads

by Anonymousreply 126November 21, 2022 5:30 PM

This whole country seems to be declining into a non-stop Jerry Springer show that can't be turned off.

by Anonymousreply 127November 21, 2022 5:36 PM

But he doesn't need to invest anything in his appearance. He should be investing in his health tho.

by Anonymousreply 128November 21, 2022 5:38 PM

So, Nero Musk then?

by Anonymousreply 129November 21, 2022 5:42 PM

Tesla stock hit a two-year low today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130November 21, 2022 5:43 PM

Twitter is little more than Truth Social now. But without the commitment of the latter.

by Anonymousreply 131November 21, 2022 5:47 PM

Tesla should be selling more cars as fuel costs are expensive right now with no end in sight

by Anonymousreply 132November 21, 2022 5:47 PM

Elon to ‘judgy hall monitors’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133November 21, 2022 5:48 PM

Great advice. Termite.

by Anonymousreply 134November 21, 2022 5:51 PM

Fuckwit ass clown.

by Anonymousreply 135November 21, 2022 6:07 PM

I hate him.

Fugly, entitled racist puke.

I hope loses everything and ends up couch surfing his idiot worshippers.

by Anonymousreply 136November 21, 2022 6:33 PM

Actually, R132, fuel prices hit a peak in mid June and have been going down ever since.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137November 21, 2022 6:34 PM

I find these tweets lighthearted, silly, slightly funny. Unclench.

by Anonymousreply 138November 21, 2022 6:36 PM

R29 If only it was that simple. Elon Musk isn’t just some dumb “influencer”. He is an immensely powerful man, with the power to shape and control the society we all inhabit, and he is not using that power for the greater good. Some of us can’t turn away because we can only dare to hope that this Twitter fiasco can seriously erode his influence. That has very little to do with “pass me the popcorn!”

His Paul Pelosi tweet made it immediately clear what his intentions were. A very clear signal to the lowest common denominator instincts of the very worst people that our society has bred. I don’t know the man personally, obviously. But it seems to me that he has a heart as cold as a stone you’d find at the bottom of a lake. He radiates contempt for everyone that doesn’t travel in the rarified circles that he was born into. And like his political counterpart Trump, he would destroy the world, and all who inhabit it, for the slightest boost to his ego. I get zero pleasure from watching his various immature shenanigans. I tune in with the very real hope of news that he will finally just go away. Like with Trump, if that magic day would ever materialize, I would sleep much, much better at night.

by Anonymousreply 139November 21, 2022 6:38 PM

Great advice

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140November 21, 2022 6:40 PM

MTG has been reinstated … now what about all of the ordinary users whose accounts were canceled for calling her a toxic Nazi cunt?

by Anonymousreply 141November 21, 2022 6:42 PM

And the Apple account also cleared their tweets and stopped tweeting.

If it gets pulled from the App Store, Twitter is done. Mission accomplished.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142November 21, 2022 6:42 PM

This is what happens when basic Internet trolls and incels come into possession of insane amounts of money. And have thirsty hookers/babymamas who'll goad them to do stupid things.

by Anonymousreply 143November 21, 2022 6:44 PM

R138 Maybe you could stand to do a little more clenching if this “Parler” humour is your idea of funny. Musk’s immature and predictable tweets have all the wit of a knock knock joke.

by Anonymousreply 144November 21, 2022 6:49 PM

apple is about making bank, no time to troll or own libs.

by Anonymousreply 145November 21, 2022 6:50 PM

Apple basically killed Parler. let's hope they can do a lot of damage to this troll.

by Anonymousreply 146November 21, 2022 6:51 PM

"Elon Musk interacting with sycophantic right-wing influencers this weekend, a thread."

Includes people from American Greatness, RedState, Babylon Bee, The National Pulse, Judicial Watch and others..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147November 21, 2022 6:57 PM

"Twitter doesn't matter" but Apple maintained an account on Twitter for over a decade. Apple doesn't maintain accounts on Parler, Gab or Truth Social.

Let THAT sink in

by Anonymousreply 148November 21, 2022 7:04 PM

If they made that much money on ad revenue then they must have been pissing money left and right. Bloated is an understatement.

They were losing $120 million a month. How the fuck did they manage to do that?

by Anonymousreply 149November 21, 2022 7:15 PM

R149 It's since Elon took over that Twitter has been losing $4m per day - because his 'choices' led to advertisers pausing their ads. The firing of people who make the site 'brand safe', tweeting out conspiracy theories, allowing randoms to impersonate brands, reinstating Trump's account, etc.

by Anonymousreply 150November 21, 2022 7:18 PM

What's surprising about Musk unleashing his inner alt-right incel? Plutocrats gonna plutocrat.

by Anonymousreply 151November 21, 2022 7:19 PM

Twitter was only profiting for two years and they were before 2020, r150.

by Anonymousreply 152November 21, 2022 7:20 PM

R152 Yeah but it's got significantly worse since Elon took over. He was supposed to turn it around, not make it worse.

by Anonymousreply 153November 21, 2022 7:23 PM

Holy shit, those pics at R113! How is his skin so devoid of pigmentation??

He looks like Powder, but FAT!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154November 21, 2022 7:26 PM

The Apple twitter account has NEVER tweeted that way

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155November 21, 2022 7:26 PM

The app store twitter account is still tweeting away

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156November 21, 2022 7:29 PM

Point is, yes, Phil Schiller, head of app store, deactivated his account, but the other reports going around are wrong. Don't spread misinformation even if it's stuff we like to hear.

by Anonymousreply 157November 21, 2022 7:31 PM

Am I the only one enjoying this? Who cares if Twitter implodes? It doesn't seem all that important in the grand scheme of things.

by Anonymousreply 158November 21, 2022 7:36 PM

So. Dumb.

Dumb.

by Anonymousreply 159November 21, 2022 7:39 PM

Correcting link at r156 before someone says "does not exist".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160November 21, 2022 7:41 PM

r153 No. He's doing exactly what he was supposed to do- unleash all the right-wing bigots and dangerous accounts, drive off liberals and either turn Twitter into Parler 2 or just run it into the ground and "delete" it.

There are news stories with all the messages this Nazi fuck exchanged with other Nazi fucks like his ex-wife and Peter Thiel about Twitter. They are doing this to harm democracy and the left.

by Anonymousreply 161November 21, 2022 7:50 PM

"Right now?" He's clearly been mentally ill for some time.

by Anonymousreply 162November 21, 2022 7:51 PM

Tesla stock down another 6+% today.

by Anonymousreply 163November 21, 2022 7:58 PM

Losing?

by Anonymousreply 164November 21, 2022 8:02 PM

He screwed himself. His offer, 5-9x twitter's value, was too good to be true. Regulators got suspicious and when he tried to pull out it just got him more court drama and more people looking for securities fraud. It was either overpay for a company that seems intrinsically unable to turn a profit or sit in court while the SEC sniffs around your finances. It was just greed. He wanted to sell some of his tesla shares at their pandemic-related overinflated value without tanking the price.

by Anonymousreply 165November 21, 2022 8:04 PM

The only thing for a normal person to do right now is delete your Twitter account. Just get rid of it and don't look back. Undercuts both Musk and the orange scumfuck.

by Anonymousreply 166November 21, 2022 8:09 PM

I doubt it was some kind of plan. It is much more likely that he's an idiot who got stuck with something he confidently thought he could pull off (which is why he tried hard to get out of the deal). And then incompetent when it comes to running a social media business. What professional just jumps in and fires most of the staff without even taking the time to understand the business, what advertisers want, and so on? While it's clear that he's being encouraged by certain sketchy people and voices, it's hard to believe that he would choose to throw billions away and take a dent to his reputation if all of this was 'a plan'. After Twitter goes bankrupt, this is going to be used as a case study of what not to do when taking over a company.

by Anonymousreply 167November 21, 2022 8:11 PM

Thank God we here at the good ole DL can take up the slack when Twitter is totally done.

by Anonymousreply 168November 21, 2022 8:12 PM

Elon's days as a "boy wonder" are definitively over with, regardless of what happens with Twit.

by Anonymousreply 169November 21, 2022 8:13 PM

R166

I've had an account for about 15 years. I follow a few thousand reliable, intelligent, knowledgeable, amusing people. I opened an account on Mastodon two days ago and it's quite different. I'm not going to spend a lot of time on my Twitter account right now, but I'm going to hold on to it for the time being in the hope that this madman will leave.

I'm reminded of Nero fiddling while Rome burned, except I read that Nero was not really responsible; he was blamed because he was hated. Musk is Nero except what he's doing -- whatever it is -- is deliberate.

by Anonymousreply 170November 21, 2022 8:20 PM

R170 you can always deactivate and if Twitter gets sold or makes a comeback you can always reregister. I deactivated my account because Twitter will probably be hacked if there are no employees to monitor the site.

by Anonymousreply 171November 21, 2022 8:26 PM

R169, I disagree.

Every day I think "Boy, wonder what happened to this crazy cunt?"

by Anonymousreply 172November 21, 2022 8:26 PM

mastodon is the nerds of the nerds, I fit right in.

by Anonymousreply 173November 21, 2022 8:27 PM

Give it up for R172 folks!! He's here all week!!! R172!!

by Anonymousreply 174November 21, 2022 8:34 PM

[quote]R153] No. He's doing exactly what he was supposed to do- unleash all the right-wing bigots and dangerous accounts, drive off liberals and either turn Twitter into Parler 2 or just run it into the ground and "delete" it.

You’re half right. He’s driving engagement numbers by pitting both groups against each other. Higher engagement numbers allow him to charge more for ads for those remaining advertisers, Liberals aren’t leaving in droves…There’s a false belief that Twitter is the last stand for free speech.

If people want Twitter to die or to change for the better then delete your account, or at the very least, don’t engage. Otherwise, you’re part of the problem despite how much you complain about how awful Twitter and Musk are on DL.

by Anonymousreply 175November 21, 2022 8:35 PM

[quote]Higher engagement numbers allow him to charge more for ads for those remaining advertisers,

Those aren't the big name, big money advertisers though. They're more like My Pillow type of advertisers. And he should be trying to keep the advertisers sweet because Twitter isn't a high priority for them in the first place (places like Facebook give them better value apparently).

by Anonymousreply 176November 21, 2022 8:41 PM

Maybe Goya Beans can advertise there? I'd sure they'd recoup the losses of big international brands pulling their ads.

by Anonymousreply 177November 21, 2022 8:42 PM

R171

That is something to consider. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 178November 21, 2022 8:49 PM

[quote]Those aren't the big name, big money advertisers though.

Doesn’t matter. It’s still revenue coming in while he tries to diversify.

by Anonymousreply 179November 21, 2022 8:49 PM

r175 I de-activated my account the minute he took over. I figured he'll give controls to a bunch of 8chan kids and they'll start doxxing and hacking everyone.

There was a post somewhere, maybe Reddit, showing that on Twitter right now some people click on a picture and it takes them to a site showing the rules on how to file for bankruptcy instead of the link for the pic. I'm not sure Elon has control over anything at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 180November 21, 2022 8:52 PM

^ Twitter is getting really glitchy. It's getting harder to follow threads when there's random responses to people who aren't even there. If you click on a response because it has 50 responses there's nothing there, no responses

by Anonymousreply 181November 21, 2022 9:08 PM

"@ZoeSchiffer

Twitter is down to 2,700 employees from 3,700 earlier this month. Not all the sales staff have been deactivated so the number will likely drop more. Over the weekend, the company continued to offer some engineers their jobs back."

by Anonymousreply 182November 21, 2022 9:10 PM

The worst thing he did to Twitter was to bring in $1.2 BILLION dollars of interest expense tacked onto the income statement when they already were losing money. That's over $3 MILLION DOLLARS A DAY of additional interest expense for payments to the bank to finance part of his purchase of Twitter. Previous to this, Twitter had about $100 million of interest expense for the year.

How can he possibly make this work in the short run if he's LOSING advertising revenue because of changes in moderation policies and operations and at the same time increasing expenses by $1.2 billion dollars a year? That explains why he was furiously cutting staff within days of his takeover without even taking time to to evaluate exactly who he needed. He has probably cut over 80% of employees+contract labor. If he didn't have that additional $1.2 billion of interest expense on his back, he might have proceeded with his cuts in a studied, more intelligent way instead of hacking at the organization without even knowing what was going on or which employees were critical to the business.

by Anonymousreply 183November 21, 2022 9:13 PM

Some interesting comments from an advertiser that had previously been spending millions of dollars per year on there. Basically the performance and conversions of their ads on there have tanked, ads are showing up next to offensive content, replies to their posts are over run with antisemitic crap and porn spam (no doubt much of this is also likely spam bots from Russia, yet again), and their assigned account managers keep changing with little to notice. This is not at all sustainable nor desirable to advertisers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184November 21, 2022 9:31 PM

R183 yes, it’s called LBO. Henry Kravitz/KK% is usually credited with innovating it, but everyone has done it in some form since. The rich don’t pay all cash for much of anything, if you look closely enough. It would be stupid to.

by Anonymousreply 185November 21, 2022 9:37 PM

^ *KKR damn phone

by Anonymousreply 186November 21, 2022 9:37 PM

Enjoy my musky crotch odors

by Anonymousreply 187November 21, 2022 9:38 PM

He's desperate for Lump's validation and thinks these posts make him an Edge Lord.

by Anonymousreply 188November 21, 2022 9:41 PM

R30 and R33, remember that Melon fired a lot of Twitter coders, then ask yourself again why your feed isn't showing what it's supposed to.

by Anonymousreply 189November 21, 2022 9:46 PM

[quote] The rich don’t pay all cash for much of anything, if you look closely enough. It would be stupid to.

By financing it, he reduces the amount of money he will lose if the business fails. The bank will assume some of the loss or write-down of the loan if the business goes bust. So it was best for him personal-risk-wise to finance it, but it really put pressure on Twitter with that additional $1.2 billion in interest expense. Musk keeps talking about bankruptcy for Twitter based on the financing he used and it's probably not a bluff at all. Perhaps the best option would have been to get even more equity investors involved to replace the loan, but no one else wanted in except for a very few incredibly wealthy investors.

by Anonymousreply 190November 21, 2022 9:55 PM

But WHERE should those that care about the information age go????

What is the best alternative to Twitter?

And how do we convince the masses and the advertisers that there is a valid alternative?

by Anonymousreply 191November 21, 2022 9:56 PM

R191, Mastodon seems to be the most popular alternative. We'll see once Blue Sky Social launches, though I'm no big fan of Jack Dorsey either.

by Anonymousreply 192November 21, 2022 9:59 PM

Elon personally coughed up a little more than $27bn in cash in the transaction so if Twitter went bankrupt he'd probably lose that since I think he'd be the last one to get paid out of what's left.

by Anonymousreply 193November 21, 2022 10:05 PM

I can’t wait for the “Twitter is dead to me” and “Twitter’s sad last days” threads.

What makes me really happy is when Elon goes down with Twitter like Max Cady in Cape Fear.

by Anonymousreply 194November 21, 2022 10:54 PM

Head of French Twitter quits. What witticism will emerge from the tweetin' mind of Elon in response?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195November 21, 2022 10:55 PM

Sadly, he'll still have a fortune no matter how much he loses with twitter, but at least the fucking acolytes will have to get their heads out of his ass and think for once in their stupid lives.

by Anonymousreply 196November 21, 2022 10:57 PM

R195, knowing that we’re dealing with an imbecile, I would guess it would involve a baguette and 140 characters or less that are demeaning to French people.

by Anonymousreply 197November 21, 2022 10:57 PM

R195. The pending lawsuits reaching European and American courts should be fun. Especially since the Brussels team has apparently been cut down to two people.

Musk will need a whole lot of Blue users to pay off those fines.

by Anonymousreply 198November 21, 2022 10:58 PM

And/or something hilarious involving a white surrender flag, r197.

by Anonymousreply 199November 21, 2022 11:00 PM

Apple pulled out

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200November 21, 2022 11:19 PM

R200, Elon’s father should have done the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 201November 21, 2022 11:24 PM

R173

I've been there for two days. I'm pretty nerdy, but there are quite a few self-righteous people there who keep stating how nice everyone on Mastodon is. (Although some overly enthusiastic moderators blocked some people unfairly and the decision had to be reversed and there's no uniform mod policy.) There's concern that most of the traffic is coming from a small number of instances (servers) and they may become so large that they'll have to start charging a fee. I don't particularly like the instance I signed up for, but there weren't that many available and very few for generalists. Most are oriented toward tech people.

by Anonymousreply 202November 21, 2022 11:26 PM

im seeing racial stuff pop up, r202

by Anonymousreply 203November 21, 2022 11:38 PM

R200, the link still works. Looks like a different address? Fraud or a glitch?

by Anonymousreply 204November 21, 2022 11:58 PM

Hmm...this page doesn’t exist. Try searching for something else.

by Anonymousreply 205November 21, 2022 11:59 PM

The link given by R160 still works for me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206November 22, 2022 12:02 AM

two different dates 2009 vs 2011

by Anonymousreply 207November 22, 2022 12:15 AM

[quote]Mastodon seems to be the most popular alternative. We'll see once Blue Sky Social launches, though I'm no big fan of Jack Dorsey either.

Mastodon was the most popular alternative but if you checked out Twitter today, "Hive" has been trending all day.

It's easy to join and very similar to Twitter.

I've had more people follow me on there in 24 hours than I did on Mastodon in a week.

by Anonymousreply 208November 22, 2022 12:31 AM

R208. Interesting. Hive is a good name actually.

Might have a look.

by Anonymousreply 209November 22, 2022 12:48 AM

Basically - we need a whole lot of guillotines and a bit of French attitude for their usage.

There is a long list of these "insane billionaires" who need their heads cut off.

Dump, Musk, Putin would be a damn good start and there are plenty more where they came from.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210November 22, 2022 12:56 AM

Dump isn't a billionaire, but let's include him with all the billionaires. These billionaires are hoarding money and changing the culture to suit themselves

by Anonymousreply 211November 22, 2022 1:03 AM

Musk - born on third and thinks he hit a homerun (his dad owned an emerald mine, though he, bizarrely, denies what is clearly proved). He didn't "invent" Tesla, he forced the founders out and took it over. He's nuts, and will destroy Twitter. Indeed Tesla sales are way down. Let's see how this ends....

by Anonymousreply 212November 22, 2022 1:09 AM

And the republicans suckling at their teats are letting them

by Anonymousreply 213November 22, 2022 1:10 AM

He always comes across as the nerd trying to fit in with the cool kids.

by Anonymousreply 214November 22, 2022 2:06 AM

R213. Republicans are filled with spite, which is a very dangerous emotion.

They're intent on taking themselves down and everyone with them.

by Anonymousreply 215November 22, 2022 2:29 AM

I checked Nitter, because no way am I giving Shitter traffic, and Musk Tweeted 10 times today.

Is that too many for a CEO? It feels too many.

by Anonymousreply 216November 22, 2022 2:48 AM

I wonder if he tweets in the toilet like Dump.

by Anonymousreply 217November 22, 2022 2:50 AM

I think anywhere Trump and Musk are is technically "a toilet".

by Anonymousreply 218November 22, 2022 2:52 AM

"@elonmusk

Holding off relaunch of Blue Verified until there is high confidence of stopping impersonation.

Will probably use different color check for organizations than individuals."

Should have done that in the first place - he even had a report that warned of the impersonators. However, there was a lot of appeal to look 'important' to have a blue tick so that's going to go somewhat.

by Anonymousreply 219November 22, 2022 4:33 AM

Flush, flush Felon Fuck.

by Anonymousreply 220November 22, 2022 4:50 AM

R60 john mulaney too

by Anonymousreply 221November 22, 2022 5:18 AM

R20

I joined CS last week (I keep forgetting what the "C" stands for) and Mastodon three days ago. How many of these accounts am I supposed to create and monitor, along with Twitter? Screw Elon Musk. Twitter wasn't perfect, but after many years I had found a way to make it work for me.

by Anonymousreply 222November 22, 2022 11:19 AM

The hits just keep on coming...

"Elon Musk fired Twitter's head of sales after she refused to sack more employees. He had previously begged her not to resign."

No more sales department... Smart, Elmo 🤡

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223November 22, 2022 11:38 AM

I doubt that Mastodon will work out. It's dependent on servers and they all have different moderation policies. It's been down for me when I've tried to log in. Maybe something else will come along but I doubt Mastodon is able to fill that space.

by Anonymousreply 224November 22, 2022 5:12 PM

Hive must only work on Apple because I can't get the Android beta app to work.

by Anonymousreply 225November 22, 2022 5:20 PM

I tried to open a Mastodon account and the server thing weirded me out so I gave out. Big list of servers with little to no description of any of them. There were tabs to choose by topic, or region, but I didn't really understand the difference between servers, and could 't find a region that was anywhere in the US, most seemed to be based in Australia or Europe. Very weird "feature" that doesn't make sense intuitively. I really don't get it and I wasn't going to pick a random one without understand the difference or even the point of different servers.

Someone make a new twitter but keep it moderated and run off the bots, trolls and Nazis, please. How hard is that? I'd gladly pay $8 a month for a new twitter that wasn't an obvious right wing troll fest run by a maniacal billionaire.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226November 22, 2022 5:50 PM

[quote]I wonder if he tweets in the toilet like Dump.

Actually, Dump wears adult diapers, reaches into them and plays with with his shit while he tweets.

by Anonymousreply 227November 22, 2022 6:01 PM

I'm off Twitter until Musk breaks it to pieces or Musk gets the end he deserves.

by Anonymousreply 228November 22, 2022 6:19 PM

[quote]Will probably use different color check for organizations than individuals.

MULTIPLE people were telling this man to do this but he refused.

He was opening himself up to needless legal issues and somehow someone or something got through to him.

He still needs to acknowledge that public figures (who may have the money to go after him) still need to be protected from impersonation.

by Anonymousreply 229November 22, 2022 9:48 PM

This is one entertaining manic episode.

by Anonymousreply 230November 23, 2022 1:18 AM

I believe that he must be bipolar or something and that he discontinued his meds. He’s always been batty but he’s never been this unhinged.

by Anonymousreply 231November 23, 2022 2:37 PM

The cunt is wondering whether My Pillow is worth the money.

He's batshit.

by Anonymousreply 232November 23, 2022 2:38 PM

Musk is both mentally ill and clearly using drugs. He's a lunatic.

by Anonymousreply 233November 23, 2022 2:50 PM

Not sure he's mentally ill, on drugs, or anything of the kind. Isn't "being a plutocratic dick" sufficient explanation for his behavior?

by Anonymousreply 234November 23, 2022 3:13 PM

R234, hah yes, I think that’s a perfect description. And there may be nothing wrong with him mentally other than that. I also considered he’s doing all these antics re firing because he has a huge debt he has to pay on loans and he’s trying to create buzz.

by Anonymousreply 235November 23, 2022 3:19 PM

R234 R235

Sounds like a reasonable enough explanation. All of the ‘mental health’ experts here on DL will come for you, now that you’ve shared a reasonable opinion.

I know several dicks and bitches IRL who don’t have the benefit of something found in DSM-5

by Anonymousreply 236November 23, 2022 3:27 PM

Being a billionaire is a mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 237November 23, 2022 3:41 PM

^ I'd be happy just to be an eccentric millionaire 🤪

by Anonymousreply 238November 23, 2022 4:19 PM

Most Musk lunacy. Here is is mocking some "Stay Woke" shirts he stumbled upon at Twitter headquarters...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239November 23, 2022 5:42 PM

R239 I got off Twitter when Musk took over... I clicked on your link and read some of the posts... the world is a very crazy place now, how can people waste their time and energy with this stuff? Musk worship? Where will all this go?

My peace and happiness have an inverse correlation to my time in social media (he says, posting on social media).

by Anonymousreply 240November 23, 2022 5:58 PM

I deactivated. Twitter is over

by Anonymousreply 241November 23, 2022 7:00 PM

@r240, "Where will all this go? "

I envision a time in the not to distant future as his failures mount he will instruct the faithful to drink the Kool-Aid. Unfortunately history has taught us that this is the way these things usually play out ☹️

by Anonymousreply 242November 23, 2022 7:17 PM

Now he’s gone after Kara Swisher. He’s lost it.

by Anonymousreply 243November 23, 2022 8:58 PM

Trump, kyrie, kanye, musk… same same muh freedumbs. I hope Tesla tanks bigly. This “genius” did not invent an electric car, he is a snake oil salesman, who started with grand ideas with no blueprint (hey hey you only need ideas… you can hire out the implementation part on the academic plebs, but only “geniuses” can raise capital! Just like Theranos! Just like FTX!). He got some seed money from his family’s emerald mine to seem more legit. He is no Bill Gates or Steve Jobs who actually know how to build. Funny how Warren Buffett (known to scrutinize investments and CEOs personally) has not placed any money on Tesla, instead putting it on a chinese electric car manufacturer instead (which he is shedding off now). He probably knows Musk is insane.

by Anonymousreply 244November 24, 2022 1:32 AM

The Twittertanic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245November 24, 2022 3:09 AM

It's odd that I can't find anything showing Twitter sold t-shirts that said "Stay Woke" on them, and I can't find a single photo of a Twitter employee wearing a shirt like that in the past. It's not like Musk wouldn't make up those shirts himself, then claim they were Twitter branded tees. He's been lying a LOT to make it seem like Twitter was run but evil woke overlords and he had to rescue it.

by Anonymousreply 246November 24, 2022 3:15 AM

Okay well it took a bit because Twitter's search is a MESS right now, but I found it: these were shirts sold at tech conferences, meant to look like the one Jack used to wear several years ago.

These must be about six years old.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247November 24, 2022 3:29 AM

Funny, DL no longer allows previews of tweets from Tweeter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248November 24, 2022 6:03 AM

Twitter didn’t sell the t-shirts. Jack Dorsey had some made in 2016 (wore one for an interview) before the term connoted what it does.

He explained it as staying alert to what’s going on.

by Anonymousreply 249November 24, 2022 7:33 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250November 24, 2022 11:36 AM

^ 😂 I love Eloman ❤️

by Anonymousreply 251November 24, 2022 11:40 AM

What did I just see?

by Anonymousreply 252November 24, 2022 11:49 AM

^ A Chinese comedian who's making bank on the fact that he looks like Elmo's long lost twin 😂

The first time I saw him I thought it was face app

by Anonymousreply 253November 24, 2022 11:55 AM

His asinine comment on reinstating Trump—"the voice of the people is the voice of God"—actually comes from Alcuin (8th century), who has a quite different view of the proverb:

[quote]Nec audiendi qui solent dicere, "Vox populi, vox Dei," quum tumultuositas vulgi semper insaniae proxima sit.

"And you shouldn't listen to those who always say, 'the voice of the people is the voice of God,' because the uproar of the mob is invariably right next door to insanity." Alcuin was talking about Elon!

by Anonymousreply 254November 24, 2022 12:13 PM

that is exactly what "woke" means. ALERT, INFORMED, OPEN, RECEPTIVE. NOT. ASLEEP.

woke is a slur? from people who want to call you the en word.

by Anonymousreply 255November 24, 2022 1:17 PM

R254 thanks for the explication. Interesting

by Anonymousreply 256November 24, 2022 1:28 PM

The world's richest man is also a teenage incel internet troll who lives in his mom's basement.

by Anonymousreply 257November 24, 2022 1:29 PM

I should also note that the ancient Roman word "vox" was pronounced "wokes." Pretty subversive, Elon!

by Anonymousreply 258November 24, 2022 1:58 PM

R258, posts like yours are why I love DL.

by Anonymousreply 259November 24, 2022 2:09 PM

Woke = Empathy

That is it.

by Anonymousreply 260November 24, 2022 2:14 PM

Whetever he plants the bird he means THAT to represent twitter. He's struggling to construct his own memes but seems to have an imperfectly formed grasp of semiotics. So, Cbs is hugging twitter, Trump is sorely tempted to fuck twitter (?). It's really baffling how third-grade boyish it all is.

by Anonymousreply 261November 24, 2022 2:21 PM

Wherever. sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 262November 24, 2022 2:21 PM

Crackhead humor

by Anonymousreply 263November 24, 2022 2:22 PM

That is not all woke means.

People use this term, "woke" to describe personal growth relating to educating themselves on subject matter previously unexplored.

So why is woke an offensive term?

Because maga go for all that education stuff.

by Anonymousreply 264November 24, 2022 2:27 PM

Because maga doesn't go for all that education stuff.

by Anonymousreply 265November 24, 2022 2:29 PM

Hahahahahhaha, r260

Yeah, I don’t think so.

“Woke” = thought police who support censorship of & violence against women.

Basically, “women & children last.”

Not empathetic at all. More like nazis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266November 24, 2022 2:31 PM

R266

Wrong

by Anonymousreply 267November 24, 2022 2:33 PM

@r266, Who the fuck are you? Don't trolls get Thanksgiving off?

Hmm, not American, I see 🤔

by Anonymousreply 268November 24, 2022 2:34 PM

Lol that’s your response to a topless tranny spitting on a gay man, calling women bitches & threatening violence??? (“These hands don’t discriminate. Imma beat your ass. No man wants you.”)

Who’s the troll? I haven’t personally insulted or attacked anyone here. That’s ALL you do in your posts. Just stir the pot…attacking us homos.

by Anonymousreply 269November 24, 2022 2:40 PM

^ Who are talking to? Or is it just general crazy to anyone who will listen?

by Anonymousreply 270November 24, 2022 2:45 PM

Woke in action :

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271November 24, 2022 2:49 PM

So, general crazy it is, got it 😂

by Anonymousreply 272November 24, 2022 2:52 PM

These trolls aren't American, silly, so they don't have Thanksgiving.

by Anonymousreply 273November 24, 2022 3:31 PM

"Woke" was weaponized by right-wing think tanks as the current epithet in their strategic culture wars. Originally it was simply an AA slang word meaning heightened awareness about justice issues - then it was appropriated by critical theorists in the Academy, then used by coffee shop hipsters and street activists.

It no longer has any real meaning. It follows a pattern of conservative message discipline, using terms over and over again to attack "the enemy": commies, socialists, "liberal" was ultimate pejorative for a couple decades.

Again, it has only this artificial meaning... though (unlike the previous terms) only has resonance among the rightwing echo chamber. "Socialist" scared independents. "Woke" is just a cheap shot to them.

by Anonymousreply 274November 24, 2022 3:47 PM

R274 seems about right. I don’t like the label, if anyone has or would refer to me by it. (the evolved meaning) I have and have had empathy and compassion in my dealings, all by myself, without needing a social movement to ‘clarify’ the grievance of the day or what’s hip.

by Anonymousreply 275November 24, 2022 4:53 PM

Irrelevant Lesbian Kara Swisher trying to make herself seem relevant by engaging with Musk

She has never recovered from the column she wrote in the NYT a few years back claiming that everyone would be giving up cars in the next two or three years. It served to illustrate how profoundly out of touch she was.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276November 24, 2022 5:00 PM

Moderator speaks out. Good for her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277November 24, 2022 5:19 PM

If only Elon looked like Chris Watts...

by Anonymousreply 278November 24, 2022 6:26 PM

Elon Musk looks like a jar of mayonnaise.

by Anonymousreply 279November 24, 2022 6:42 PM

Elon Musk is doing Peter Thiel's dirty work.

by Anonymousreply 280November 24, 2022 6:46 PM

They’re now telling people on Twitter to delete their accounts because there’s nobody servicing the site and hackers are next. Get your information off there before somebody steals it.

About Mastadon, I’m on there and some big names that were on Twitter are in there. Mostly it’s overly polite people. Today the trends were, “Thanksgiving,” “thanksgiving,” “Thursday,” a couple of trends about a strike in the UK and some other innocuous stuff. By now, the trends on Twitter are probably “How to attack politicians with a hatchet,” “murder is fun,” and “Elon loves NAZIs.” It’s becoming more and more extreme by the day. Mastodon has a lot of astronomy pictures, landscape and cat pictures, and stuff like that. They have a lot of Ukraine news because Elon is very anti-Ukraine.

A lawyer on Mastodon who works for a law firm that pursues civil rights cases, screencapped a Twitter post, “Why does [this lawyer’s name] still have his kneecaps?” He complained to the Twitter mods and was told that doesn’t defy their Terms of Service. So now he’s on Mastodon.

Mastodon isn’t perfect, nor has everyone gone there, but it has enough people to make it worth checking out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281November 24, 2022 6:56 PM

[quote] Elon Musk fired dozens more Twitter staff the night before Thanksgiving — days after saying he was done with layoffs

He fired some engineers on Wed for performance reasons. Presumably, these were some of the employees who clicked "Yes" to stay and work hardcore when given the choice last week. They lost out on the offer to get THREE months pay and benefits for anyone not clicking Yes.

[quote] The employees fired overnight on Wednesday were informed they were being laid off for performance reasons, and were given ONE MONTH of severance, one of the people said.

What fools they were to try Hardcore with Elon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282November 24, 2022 7:09 PM

[quote]woke is a slur? from people who want to call you the en word.

Enriched? Envelope? Enema?...

by Anonymousreply 283November 24, 2022 7:14 PM

I saw some article in passing that said one of Elon’s ex wives said back in March that he should buy Twitter and “delete it.” Apparently it offended her/him in some way. It really does appear he is destroying it on purpose, so that makes sense.

You have to be a raging narcissist to buy something for $44 billion just to destroy it because it hurt your little fee-fees.

by Anonymousreply 284November 24, 2022 7:25 PM

It was his right wing ex who was incensed that the Babylon Bee had their account suspended for hate speech. She's a rich trust fund socialite turned "actor and model". Her Instagram was swarmed after news broke that she begged Musk to destroy Twitter because of its "left" (non Nazi) bias.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285November 24, 2022 7:35 PM

I am three thousand years old.

How does one go about removing one's Twitter account - and making sure one's information is off?

by Anonymousreply 286November 24, 2022 7:35 PM

[quote]—Posting on Datalounge with the assistance of trained mice

Mine can sew, r286...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287November 24, 2022 7:45 PM

here are some instructions on how to do it R286. I had to use this because I didn't know either. It was easy after following these instructions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288November 24, 2022 7:47 PM

BTW, “Thanksgiving” is trending on Twitter right now.

by Anonymousreply 289November 24, 2022 8:02 PM

Mass reinstatement of QAnon and other violent disinformation accounts in 5, 4, 3…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290November 24, 2022 8:13 PM

It's easy to delete your account with Twitter. It is trickier to download your account data, it takes some time to do this.

Why would you want to save the data? To find accounts that you follow and have followed you on other platforms.

You can save an archive of your data by clicking on the drop down menu from preferences. You will wait a day or two receive it.

by Anonymousreply 291November 24, 2022 8:24 PM

[quote] What fools they were to try Hardcore with Elon.

Exactly. If they agreed to stay on and start working hard and then fell into the old pattern of goofing off, they needed to learn that there’s a new sheriff in town.

by Anonymousreply 292November 24, 2022 8:28 PM

I am poking around on other platforms where the rumors are swirling two larger websites are tagteaming to become a legitimate platform replacement for Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 293November 24, 2022 8:31 PM

You have some evidence that that's what happened, R292? And that Musk can afford to fire his few remaining engineers for "goofing off"? Twitter may already be in a death spiral; there's no "new sheriff in town."

by Anonymousreply 294November 24, 2022 9:50 PM

^ Don't argue with the fanboys, they're nuttier than our usual trolls 🤪

by Anonymousreply 295November 24, 2022 10:37 PM

Why is Muriel driving traffic to twitter?

Without twitter previews we all have to give Elon Musk unwarranted and unnecessary engagement because we now have to click the link if we want to see what a poster is talking about.

Incomprehensibly stupid.

by Anonymousreply 296November 24, 2022 11:00 PM

Woke means liberal, it means progressive, it means politically aware. It's a slur if you're a Nazi, a troll, or whatever R266 is. Of course Elon hates "the woke." Elon is a Nazi.

by Anonymousreply 297November 24, 2022 11:07 PM

"Liberal" is the opposite of "progressive", r297. One encourages individual freedom and the other is about following strict group rules in order to "progress" society. They are not at all the same. To call an actual progressive a 'liberal' is an insult.

by Anonymousreply 298November 24, 2022 11:13 PM

Enough of your hairsplitting, R298. In ordinary American usage there's plenty of overlap between "liberal" and "progressive," even if some people object to one or the other label. And as R297 says, rightwingers attack both in the same ways.

by Anonymousreply 299November 24, 2022 11:19 PM

Xx.”

by Anonymousreply 300November 24, 2022 11:34 PM

“Can you buy Twitter and then delete it, please!? Xx.” She also wrote, “Please do something to fight woke-ism. I will do anything to help! Xx.”

by Anonymousreply 301November 24, 2022 11:35 PM

It’s not like anyone can be prosecuted for buying a company and then killing it. It’s been done a bazillion times.

by Anonymousreply 302November 25, 2022 1:05 AM

[quote] two larger websites

Which two R293?

Or did you just make that up?

by Anonymousreply 303November 25, 2022 1:23 AM

I'm not gonna tell you because you are being a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 304November 25, 2022 1:55 AM

r303, yes r293 / r304 is lying.

by Anonymousreply 305November 25, 2022 2:31 AM

Still not telling.

You can use Google to figure this out and to figure out if I am lying.

Are you permitted to use Google as a search engine?

by Anonymousreply 306November 25, 2022 2:35 AM

@r296, "Why is Muriel driving traffic to twitter? "

Muriel's been mad at Musk ever since her self-driving Tesla ran right through the front of her favorite liquor store 😉

by Anonymousreply 307November 25, 2022 3:29 AM

R298 That, of course, makes no sense. "Liberal" in the historic sense does mean democratic institution, a rule of law, constitutional protections of human rights, etc. In the more modern sense, in the American political vernacular, liberal and progressive mean essentially the same thing: civil rights, welfare safety net, expanded access to education, etc.

There is a "neo-liberal" subset, which means a kind of free trade and international "order", that contradicts some goals of "populist progressivism"... but that's not what you meant

Musk is not liberal, progressive, nor honest. He's reactionary and borderline anarchist.

by Anonymousreply 308November 25, 2022 2:32 PM

Its worse, its a libertarian.

What is libertarianism?

Libertarianism is a grift conducted by an old , dead Russian who died receiving welfare from the American taxpayers.

by Anonymousreply 309November 25, 2022 2:38 PM

I'm completely convinced that he started doing meth (probably a "nootropic" stim like the transdermal stuff SBF was taking) after he got with Grimes, she's a completely insane drug addict retard and he never acted really that goofy before her. I like to say she ruined him to be cheeky, but of course he has always just been the worst. But pre-Grimes he was more dignified and had a sense of decorum, fitting for a heartless and autistic blood diamond baron.

by Anonymousreply 310November 25, 2022 2:40 PM

Amnesty

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311November 25, 2022 3:36 PM

I agree r310, something is different. Either he stopped his bipolar meds or he’s on illegal drugs. He was always heartless, but there is a marked personality change. People who have made as much money as he has have always taken risks, but they were calculated risks. That’s how they made money, by not failing as much as risk taking. He seems to have gone off the deep end. He’s taking unbelievable risks with Twitter AND with gambling his Tesla money.

by Anonymousreply 312November 25, 2022 3:41 PM

^Good. I hope he ends up broke and living in the Free Bird trailer park with one of his crusty baby mamas and a passel of screaming brats.

by Anonymousreply 313November 25, 2022 3:54 PM

The shitty thing is that Elon could lose 99% of his wealth and still have more money than most people will see in a lifetime. We just don't tax billionaires enough.

by Anonymousreply 314November 25, 2022 3:56 PM

[quote]@elonmusk 6h I am neither conventionally right nor left, but I agree with your point. The woke mind virus has thoroughly penetrated entertainment and is pushing civilization towards suicide. There needs to be a counter-narrative.

"I am neither conventionally right nor left but [recites conventionally far right tropes]"

by Anonymousreply 315November 25, 2022 4:00 PM

What a joke these anti-woke assholes are. They’re working this trope to make everyone accept their racist asshole views.

by Anonymousreply 316November 25, 2022 4:02 PM

What an enlightened and thoughtful post, r316. Your cerebral contribution to the discussion has provoked a variety of solutions for all of us who deeply and sincerely want to improve the world to ponder. I look forward to reading more of your inspiring words.

by Anonymousreply 317November 25, 2022 4:21 PM

What rock did you crawl from under? I realise that you're probably being paid in vodka and potatoes. This narrative against 'wokery' is really about making it ok again to be homophobic, racist, sexist, making people accept lower wages and shitty conditions, etc.

by Anonymousreply 318November 25, 2022 4:26 PM

I don’t buy Musk is Centrists. Centrists don’t support extremists of any flavor.

by Anonymousreply 319November 25, 2022 4:27 PM

Thanks, r317! I knew you’d come around when faced with the truth! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 320November 25, 2022 4:27 PM

He also told Trump he was Republican.

by Anonymousreply 321November 25, 2022 4:27 PM

Thanks, R318, you’re spot on. Since these anti-wokesters are only getting paid in vodka and potatoes, they do end up sleeping a lot. It’s much better I guess to be drunk and asleep rather than woke.

by Anonymousreply 322November 25, 2022 4:30 PM

its a Seth Afreakan.

by Anonymousreply 323November 25, 2022 4:30 PM

lol, Elon said that his firstborn son died in his arms. His ex-wife (Justine) says no, the son died in HER arms.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324November 25, 2022 4:36 PM

R312 - SBF was on this Selegiline patch - it's a stimulant fashionable amongst rich nerds, that heavily reduces inhibitions and increases reckless behavior like gambling. Moreplatesmoredates has a good video about it - the drug scene has exploded with these research chemicals in the past few years. The geriatric mainstream media has no clue about it.

by Anonymousreply 325November 25, 2022 4:55 PM

SBF?

by Anonymousreply 326November 25, 2022 7:35 PM

Sam Bankman-Fried

by Anonymousreply 327November 25, 2022 7:37 PM

Musk now seems to have gone completely alt-right, retweeting and validating open white supremacists and anti-Semites. So very 2016.

by Anonymousreply 328November 26, 2022 1:39 AM

Twitter has lost 50 of its top 100 advertisers since Elon Musk took over, report says

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329November 26, 2022 1:46 AM

I was watching him claim he wasn't left or right while supporting someone saying that the right needs to create more art to win "the culture war."

They are so going to pull that app from the store.

Hopefully Post.News will be done by then and/or Hive will have a web interface.

by Anonymousreply 330November 26, 2022 2:59 AM

I must say the rise in ‘anti woke’ does concern me a bit. It’s clearly a not so subtle rise of right wing rhetoric - racism, homophobia etc. Feels like things will get worse.

by Anonymousreply 331November 26, 2022 3:19 AM

Elon says he will manufacture his own smart phones if Apple and Samsung and Google kick his Twitter app out of the App stores on each platform. Just add that to his To-Do list: Create and manufacture replacement Smart Phones to run Twitter App.

[quote] Far-right Crazy Person: "If Apple & Google boot Twitter from their app stores, @elonmusk should produce his own smartphone. Half the country would happily ditch the biased, snooping iPhone & Android. The man builds rockets to Mars, a silly little smartphone should be easy, right?"

[quote] Elon on Twitter: "I certainly hope it does not come to that, but, yes, if there is no other choice, I will make an alternative phone."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332November 26, 2022 5:14 AM

Someone on Twitter asks about the proposed Elon Musk Smart Phone:

[quote] So will the Tesla phone randomly burst into flame like the Tesla car? I’ll stick with my iPhone.

by Anonymousreply 333November 26, 2022 5:17 AM

Apple needed 3 years and thousands of engineers to develop the iPhone, so Musk should be able to do it in a couple of weeks with a few dozen H-1Bs. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 334November 26, 2022 5:19 AM

R330. Since when has the right ever been able to create quality art?

Hilarious. Even the memes they put out a trash. The movies they make are so much worse.

by Anonymousreply 335November 26, 2022 7:45 AM

And mostly, R334, Apple needed a distribution deal with AT&T, which is what initially gave the iPhone wings, that people were able to pay for it monthly.

by Anonymousreply 336November 26, 2022 9:53 AM

People, especially those who rarely post or react, used to use Twitter to see what was happening in the news.

The trending section in the US was largely actual news stories (a fire in Cleveland) and pro or college sporting events.

But now it's turned into a bunch of political name calling and right wing crap and people will start using it less and less, legit news sources will use it less and less and user traffic will drop, more advertisers will drop, the ones that remain will be low-rent, etc.

Musk did not figure out that eccentricity can be a net positive if you're making electric cars--people are willing to believe you need to be borderline crazy to make something like that succeed.

Twitter, OTOH, is the last place people want eccentric, let alone crazy.

by Anonymousreply 337November 26, 2022 10:05 AM

[quote] Elon says he will manufacture his own smart phones

Freedom Phone 2!

by Anonymousreply 338November 26, 2022 12:56 PM

^ Good, they can burst into flames like his cars. The idiot problem has been solved

by Anonymousreply 339November 26, 2022 1:12 PM

I closed my account after Musk finalized the deal and will miss using this useful tool.

I recently used Twitter to find out what was source of the explosions in the city, there wasn't any information on 311.com and nothing in "the news".

The explosion was caused by a fireworks display The Marvelous Mrs Maisel used during their production. A local Assembly person called around and posted the findings on Twitter.

Im using a much smaller platform which is the anti-twitter.

On this platform, an account holder explained how useful Twitter was for her during a sudden weather emergency. Minute by minute accounts of a tornado sighting was posted on Twitter providing an invaluable resource for people who didn't have enough time to evacuate.

I miss Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 340November 26, 2022 1:27 PM

So, that is what it is.

Wealthy people, who don't deserve their wealth, were incensed the platform became a public square for citizens of the world.

Free speech and American democracy genuinely angers wealthy freaks.

The purpose of this acquisition was too suspend communication between the plebs.

Before I closed my account I was squabbling with a magat who had stumbled into my timeline by liking one of my posts!

I asked her why she's using a platform like Twitter when Parler, Gab and Truth Social are available and she responded those other sites are echo chambers. People all say the same sorts of things and try to one up each other and grift with MLM schemes.

by Anonymousreply 341November 26, 2022 1:42 PM

R340, you're an idiot for following the squabbling, child-like mob.

by Anonymousreply 342November 26, 2022 1:44 PM

Musk’s Texts Over Twitter Deal Included Ex-Wife Talulah Riley

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343November 26, 2022 1:47 PM

[quote] Since when has the right ever been able to create quality art?

That's nice. But who will run things? The left has proven time and again in history that it cannot run things and it cannot govern without totalitarian and Stasi techniques.

"Quality" art is in the eye of the beholder. Working phones and running water are reality based. Something the Left has a hard time with.

by Anonymousreply 344November 26, 2022 1:48 PM

Eh, dickless wonders.

FLACCID

by Anonymousreply 345November 26, 2022 1:50 PM

[quote] she responded those other sites are echo chambers

I think this helps me understand why rightwingers are always harping on "echo chambers": they just want a forum where they can insult people with opposing views and fling around their "alternative facts."

by Anonymousreply 346November 26, 2022 1:50 PM

And you're confused by how Twitter works.

I didn't follow her.

The magat followed me by liking my posts, this is how algorithms are created. Through engagement.

by Anonymousreply 347November 26, 2022 1:53 PM

Not really R346

Twitter is just a place where people on both sides have learned that the more hardcore their stands, the more confrontational their tweets, the more retweets and followers they get.

Not money, mind you or any sort of financial gain

Just retweets and followers

by Anonymousreply 348November 26, 2022 1:54 PM

^^And it is a handful of people on both sides, maybe 1K-2K who are on there all the time.

Most users are just observers

by Anonymousreply 349November 26, 2022 1:56 PM

to the op asked, " Is so and so losing his mind"?

The answer is "no", he isn't losing his mind.

Twitter was purposely destroyed.

He was instructed by an ex to purchase Twitter and delete Twitter, this is what he is doing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350November 26, 2022 1:59 PM

I had a legacy account and closed it.

When I first activated the account, people would Tweet they didn't know what they were doing on the platform or its purpose.

Twitter grew into its purpose and was purposely destroyed.

by Anonymousreply 351November 26, 2022 2:03 PM

Maga won't and can't stop lying.

Maga says Twitter is a woke heaven for green haired tyrannical trannies.

They say Twitter is antimaga and suppresses white wing voices.

Conveniently forgetting their maga chieftain Donald J. Trump used Twitter as his primary means of public communication before and after his installation as POTUS.

by Anonymousreply 352November 26, 2022 2:10 PM

By comparison, President Obama deactivated his personal account during his successful two terms as POTUS.

by Anonymousreply 353November 26, 2022 2:14 PM

I had deactivated my account by then but I saw how quickly it began to corrupt the tone of the discussion.

Hillary Clinton posted a warning about the ongoing threat maga poses after the assassination attempt against Speaker Pelosi.

Maga responded by trolling Hillary Clinton with a link to the Santa Monica Observer Online.

Right from the first moment, its intent was to troll and interrupt free speech.

by Anonymousreply 354November 26, 2022 2:22 PM

I like something Amy Siskind just posted on Facebook:

[quote]Like Trump, like Putin in Ukraine, [Musk's] image is being dismantled before us. The emperor has no clothes.

Nice that these autocrats autonomously implode; too bad we have to deal with all the drama and trauma.

by Anonymousreply 355November 26, 2022 2:23 PM

grimes said he has a huge cock that it's difficult to handle

by Anonymousreply 356November 26, 2022 2:24 PM

Well, r356, what’s she supposed to say? He has tiny meat that doesn’t get her off?

by Anonymousreply 357November 26, 2022 2:31 PM

Chad Loder, an account with a large audience, reported of a Twitter data breach occurring right now.

How did it respond?

By suspending Chad Loders account.

Maga is oppositeland.

When maga shrieks it believes in freespeech, it means it believes in the suppression of free speech.

Part of the reason I deactivated my account is I knew my data wouldn't be secure with a maga overlord.

Didn't Facebook have problems with data security multiple times during it's heyday?

by Anonymousreply 358November 26, 2022 2:32 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359November 26, 2022 2:33 PM

R358 could you, or any of several who have posted above about “my data” in this thread explain what data they’re referring to?

by Anonymousreply 360November 26, 2022 2:35 PM

Men with baby making hips are a turn-off

by Anonymousreply 361November 26, 2022 2:38 PM

Your data can include login details and access to your direct messages. Direct messages are not tweets. Direct messages are intended to be private communication

by Anonymousreply 362November 26, 2022 2:43 PM

WhatsApp data leak: 500 million user records for sale

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363November 26, 2022 2:44 PM

Thank you R362.

I’m surprised anyone is concerned with that. My DMs are like texts, of fleeting relevance. I can’t imagine a situation when I would ever need it as an ongoing resource, to go back and look at.

I’m glad people are able to take it with them, if that’s what they wish. We should all ‘own’ our own data.

by Anonymousreply 364November 26, 2022 2:55 PM

So now that Twitter is no longer a viable platform, Facebook and Instagram are being revisited. It is so interesting.

Maybe Musk should purchase Facebook and Instagram and delete those platforms too.

by Anonymousreply 365November 26, 2022 3:04 PM

R365 I assume you’re being funny. Meta owns Insta and Musk can’t afford to buy it and they aren’t interested in selling.

by Anonymousreply 366November 26, 2022 3:18 PM

R365 For me a mental health realization: NONE of this is really interesting. He's tiresome. The drama is all broad... digital junk food.

by Anonymousreply 367November 26, 2022 3:22 PM

are you forgetting Twitter wasn't for sale until it was made an offer that could NOT BE refused

by Anonymousreply 368November 26, 2022 3:24 PM

R368 sure it could’ve been refused. Dorsey had pocket listed Twitter many years ago, when he was still CEO.

Zuckerberg owns 75% of Class B shares so he alone decides whether to sell. He’s still in the glow of founder invincibility syndrome and wouldn’t accept a 100% premium tender offer.

by Anonymousreply 369November 26, 2022 3:39 PM

R369, it couldn’t be refused because it was waaay over market value. The stockholders made tons and tons of money, vs holding on to Twitter, which only made profits two out of the last 10 years. They’d be certifiable if they didn’t take the offer.

by Anonymousreply 370November 26, 2022 3:41 PM

R370 shareholders can refuse anything they want. They certainly didn’t make “tons and tons” of money. Also, enterprise/asset valuation is strictly not determined by profitability alone.

by Anonymousreply 371November 26, 2022 3:45 PM

Meta’s market cap is ~$300B. Assume a premium tender of .15, $345B. No individual or single entity could afford that so it would have to be pooled capital by very large interested parties. And Zuck wouldn’t sell for $600B.

I wouldn’t lose any sleep. Your FB and Insta are safe.

by Anonymousreply 372November 26, 2022 3:52 PM

R371, then why didn’t the shareholders refuse the offer? Assuming they didn’t make tons of money. In fact, they made sure that Musk knew he’d be sued if he didn’t keep his end of the bargain.

by Anonymousreply 373November 26, 2022 3:58 PM

R373 because a sufficient number of voting holders felt it was a good enough return. If they bought at $30/share, they made out pretty well. If they bought at >$54.20/ share they may have wanted to write down a loss or stop loss. Motivations vary greatly. Point is, enough of them thought it was in their interest.

by Anonymousreply 374November 26, 2022 4:08 PM

no, an offer that can not be refused is an offer that can't be refused.

Twitter was purchased ten times its monetary value.

by Anonymousreply 375November 26, 2022 4:36 PM

If I am wearing a pair of shoes I paid 100 dollars for and you walk up offering me a thousand dollars in cash for the shoes on my feet, why would I turn your offer down?

by Anonymousreply 376November 26, 2022 4:40 PM

R375 I don’t know what the hell you’re talking about. Neither do you.

‘Monetary value’ of what? The pps or enterprise value, or myriad other valuations. Shareholders can turn down [italic]anything[/italic] they want. Full stop.

by Anonymousreply 377November 26, 2022 4:44 PM

Your limited understanding of a subject is not a template for the rest of us.

It was just discovered Twitter was only profitable in 2019 and 2020 in all of its years in existence.

Your termite queen announced that Twitter loses 4 million dollars per month and openly fantasized about declaring bankruptcy.

He made them an offer they couldn't refuse.

Full stop.

by Anonymousreply 378November 26, 2022 4:50 PM

R377, ummm.. Full stop yourself. In this case, shareholders JUMPED at the monetary offer. In fact, they were keen enough on the offer to threaten to sue Musk if he backed out. They found the monetary offer lucrative indeed.

by Anonymousreply 379November 26, 2022 4:54 PM

R378 R379

You’re an imbecile

by Anonymousreply 380November 26, 2022 4:56 PM

Name calling. The tactic of the stupid who have no intellectual rebuttal.

by Anonymousreply 381November 26, 2022 4:59 PM

Magat cuntrag=r380, r377

by Anonymousreply 382November 26, 2022 5:03 PM

Twitter, which was useful, has been purposely deleted. Facebook, which has been proven to be a platform used to purposely spread misinformation is still operational.

Not. Coincidental.

by Anonymousreply 383November 26, 2022 5:12 PM

Eldergay Hiss-Offs are the best!

by Anonymousreply 384November 26, 2022 5:57 PM

[quote]‘Monetary value’ of what?

That poster probably meant market capitalization (no idea if the figures add up).

by Anonymousreply 385November 26, 2022 6:30 PM

Musk is so pussywhipped he even obeys his EX-wife when she orders him around.

by Anonymousreply 386November 26, 2022 8:11 PM

Right, why is he listening to her and is she being influenced by someone? It feels like going back to how mistresses held a lot of power and sway over kings. Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose (the more things change, the more they stay the same).

by Anonymousreply 387November 26, 2022 10:57 PM

[quote]I wouldn’t lose any sleep. Your FB and Insta are safe.

Safe? Not really. You forgot the third part of Meta's trifecta, WhatsApp, which was just data mined, with users' phone numbers being sold for $7,000+.

by Anonymousreply 388November 27, 2022 12:38 AM

Tax filing websites have reportedly been sending users’ financial information to Facebook.According to a new report from The Markup, the data was shared through widely used code called the Meta Pixel.

The publication said it includes names, email addresses, filing status, refund amounts, dependents' college scholarship amounts, and information related to users' income.

The Markup said the information sent to the social media giant can be used by the company for advertising algorithms and is gathered whether or not the person using the tax filing service has an account on Facebook or another Meta platform.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389November 27, 2022 12:44 AM

If you don't have an active Facebook account and used these tax preparation services, your data was mined by Facebook anyway....

by Anonymousreply 390November 27, 2022 12:56 AM

[quote] The trending section in the US was largely actual news stories (a fire in Cleveland) and pro or college sporting events. But now it's turned into a bunch of political name calling and right wing crap

I agree but feel I should mention that Twitter started becoming unusable for breaking news a few years back, right around the time Jack said Twitter should expose people to other opinions. A few months later I started getting rightwing Q loon hashtags in my trending news topics, and if I tweeted a reply about politics, would get dogpiled by dozens of rightwing troll accounts. They'd tell me my tweet was at the top of search results. My account has 12 followers and I don't tweet anything except occasional replies, the algorithm shouldn't have been showing my replies at the top of any search result, but it was, and it was the most irritating thing imaginable.

Now that's all gotten worse because it's still happening AND you're getting bare-bones trending topics of one word and you don't know why, even if you click on it. I'll click on "Mitch" and get three tweets that have nothing to do with any Mitch at all, then tons of tweets about Mitch McConnell, Mitch Miller and Mitch Kapor, none of which are new or newsworthy.

by Anonymousreply 391November 27, 2022 7:03 AM

Elon says that he will support Ron DeSantis for 2024. Trumpydumpie won't like that.

by Anonymousreply 392November 27, 2022 7:37 AM

Interesting R391

I did not have that experience - until Musk took over it was mostly as stated, even down to things that were trending in NYC at the moment, and now seems to be conspiracy crap or taunting from both sides

by Anonymousreply 393November 27, 2022 11:01 AM

[quote] A few months later I started getting rightwing Q loon hashtags in my trending news topics, and if I tweeted a reply about politics, would get dogpiled by dozens of rightwing troll accounts.

If you troll a loon hashtag, don’t pretend to be surprised by the reaction you get. You deliberately did it to yourself. Stick with mainstream subjects. Just because a hashtag appears on your screen doesn’t mean you have to reply with it. Have self-control.

by Anonymousreply 394November 27, 2022 3:17 PM

It is quite obvious that there is no way Musk will be able to make a profit with Twitter. He drove away a significant amount of users and advertisers at a time when Twitter was losing money instead of making money. He can't make any money by going MAGA with Twitter. The company structure is in complete shambles, with departments almost or completely empty.

He overpaid for Twitter and has to pay back these loans (he cannot stick them all to Twitter and just walk away). If he can't, his career, and reputation as businessman and entrepreneur, is finished.

by Anonymousreply 395November 27, 2022 3:50 PM

Did Musk use his own money to buy twitter?

by Anonymousreply 396November 27, 2022 3:56 PM

👽 Musk has spent Farr too much time in Outer Space.

by Anonymousreply 397November 27, 2022 4:01 PM

R396 $27bn of his own personal money, $13bn from various bank loans with the remaining $5.2bn from investment groups and large funds like from Larry Ellison, Qatar, a Saudi Arabian prince.

by Anonymousreply 398November 27, 2022 4:06 PM

[quote] He overpaid for Twitter and has to pay back these loans (he cannot stick them all to Twitter and just walk away).

He is not personally responsible for the loans to buy Twitter. If Twitter fails financially, the bank can go after the assets of the company but not the assets of Musk or any thing he holds outside of Twitter. But yeah, having Twitter fail financially could be a big ding to his business genius reputation and to his pocketbook in that he would lose the money he personally put into the company to buy it. But the loans are Twitter's responsibility to pay back.

[quote] Twitter will be responsible for the financial obligation to repay these debts, not Musk personally. Twitter has guaranteed these loans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399November 27, 2022 4:21 PM

R399 He is personally responsible for the $27bn of his own money that he invested in Twitter though. That's a huge sum even for the world's richest man.

by Anonymousreply 400November 27, 2022 4:23 PM

[quote] But yeah, having Twitter fail financially could be a big ding to his business genius reputation and to his pocketbook

I think this has already happened.

by Anonymousreply 401November 27, 2022 4:25 PM

[quote]Is Musk losing his mind on Twitter right now?

No, he is ruefully setting fire to 40 Billion in cash.

Old time Robber Barons still had the Protestant Work Ethic and built libraries and hospitals and returned to the American community from their filthy lucre.

Today's modern Billionaire is a greedy, amoral narcissistic fucker.

I hope it is the beginning of his funeral pyre.

by Anonymousreply 402November 27, 2022 4:29 PM

Some analysts are also saying that Musk may want Twitter to go into bankruptcy to get a write down or discount on the loan obligation. If Twitter goes through bankruptcy with an eye for continuing operations and not complete liquidation, then the amount they have to pay back to the banks could be renegotiated and most likely reduced under court supervision.

by Anonymousreply 403November 27, 2022 4:30 PM

Good name in man and woman, dear my lord,

Is the immediate jewel of their souls.

Who steals my purse steals trash; 'tis something, nothing;

'Twas mine, 'tis his, and has been slave to thousands;

But he that filches from me my good name

Robs me of that which not enriches him,

And makes me poor indeed.

Musk isn't just blowing through 44 billion dollars. He's shredding any reputation he had as a person to do business with.

by Anonymousreply 404November 27, 2022 5:10 PM

His rep took a hit with the Thai cave scandal. Those nasty comments he made wasn't a lapse in judgment, it was a clue.

by Anonymousreply 405November 27, 2022 5:13 PM

I still don't understand his 'multiplanetary' SpaceX project. It's very, very hard for me to see how he could possibly make other planets inhabitable for humans. Tesla is still overvalued as well. He seems to have got a lot of people to buy into the myth of him.

by Anonymousreply 406November 27, 2022 5:19 PM

*habitable

by Anonymousreply 407November 27, 2022 5:21 PM

A British diver who helped rescue youth soccer players trapped in a Thai cave is suing Tesla CEO Elon Musk.

Vernon Unsworth alleges that Musk falsely accused him on Twitter of being a pedophile.

The lawsuit filed in Los Angeles federal court seeks more than $75,000 in damages and a court order stopping Musk from making further allegations.

Musk in July called Unsworth a "pedo" after Unsworth criticized Musk in a television interview. Musk and SpaceX engineers built a small submarine and shipped it to Thailand to help with the rescue.

The device wasn't used, and Unsworth called it a "PR stunt." Later Musk accused Unsworth of moving to Thailand to be with a bride who was about 12 years old.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408November 27, 2022 5:26 PM

I HATE Melon Husk. Aspie-fuckface.

by Anonymousreply 409November 27, 2022 5:33 PM

^^Yeah, yeah, yeah, he sued. But I WON.

by Anonymousreply 410November 27, 2022 5:33 PM

You were sued unsuccessfully but that incident was a clue into your deviant mindset.

You ain't right.

by Anonymousreply 411November 27, 2022 5:50 PM

HE SANK TWITTER

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412November 27, 2022 6:00 PM

I wish he hadn’t dragged me into this.

by Anonymousreply 413November 27, 2022 6:11 PM

Surely, a photoshop exists of Musk toting a filthy toilet into Twitter HQ.

by Anonymousreply 414November 27, 2022 6:29 PM

R406. It's not possible. It's an appeal to fantasists which it now seems the billionaire class is full of.

Let them first figure out how to make the Sahara Desert a self-sufficient, habitable colony and then maybe we can talk about Mars.

by Anonymousreply 415November 27, 2022 6:45 PM

Pretty sure Husk had lost what little bit of mind he had long before Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 416November 27, 2022 7:05 PM

Overrated, pussywhipped narcissist.

Why can’t he just blast himself into space and never return?

by Anonymousreply 417November 27, 2022 7:32 PM

His Elon the Loon act is already old and tired.

I predict he’s going to check himself into hospital for “exhaustion.”

by Anonymousreply 418November 27, 2022 8:55 PM

He’s owned and operated it for several weeks now. All the doom and gloom hasn’t happened.

by Anonymousreply 419November 27, 2022 8:57 PM

There seem to be Americans who believe that this particular billionaire, while undeniably good at many things, is good at all things and thus is a potential savior. This demographic also believes the same thing about Trump.

by Anonymousreply 420November 27, 2022 8:59 PM

It has been an interminable month since Elon Musk assumed control of Twitter and showed up in its headquarters while carrying a bathroom sink. (In a leaden pun that foreshadowed what was to come, Musk tweeted, “let that sink in.”)

The platform has since shed two-thirds of its workforce; lost half of its top hundred advertisers, including Citigroup, Merck pharmaceuticals, and Chevrolet; witnessed the rushed introduction and abrupt cancellation of a laughable subscription-payment scheme; reinstated the account of a former President who used the platform to promote a violent attack on the United States Capitol; and lost at least more than a million users.

Last week, after fourteen years on the platform, I became one of them. Former Twitter users, like digital expats, have turned up on new shores—platforms such as Mastodon and Post News—with hopes of re-creating some semblance of their former online community minus the toxicity that sent them into exile.

On November 20th, the Mastodon handle @LauraMartinez posted, “I’m here because Elon broke Twitter,” which was more of a summary of what a great many people felt about the old platform than a zealous endorsement of the buggy, complicated new one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421November 27, 2022 8:59 PM

@r419, "He’s owned and operated it for several weeks now. All the doom and gloom hasn’t happened. "

If your state were to stop all funding for road repair and maintenance, you'd still be able to drive on your roads for sometime. You might even say your state legislators were pretty smart to save all that taxpayer money on frivolous road work, but after awhile the potholes will get bigger and the roads will start to crumble. Before you know it you won't be able to drive on your roads at all and they will just wash away

Welcome to the Twitter Hwy

by Anonymousreply 422November 27, 2022 9:10 PM

[quote]He’s owned and operated it for several weeks now. All the doom and gloom hasn’t happened.

Users have been tweeting for weeks about all sorts of functional issues and glitches. I get the "Oh, snap! Looks like something went wrong!" message several times while checking my feed, can't retweet without an unrelated tweet several spots down retweeting instead, and my DM with another user mysteriously lost half its content.

by Anonymousreply 423November 27, 2022 9:11 PM

R419, that's like saying that because someone fell off the Empire State Building that everything is okay because you checked in on them before they hit the ground and they were still alive.

by Anonymousreply 424November 27, 2022 9:14 PM

R423, I track social media for my company. I’ve noticed the same thing. I also notice the cursor spins and spins sometimes before the Twitter page appears.

by Anonymousreply 425November 27, 2022 9:16 PM

Elon tweeted this: "Vindman is both puppet & puppeteer. Question is who pulls his strings … ?"

WTF? Btw Vindman is Jewish and was born in Ukraine. He's been very outspoken about Trump and Putin's war with Ukraine. This both sounds antisemitic and straight out of Russian propaganda. I wonder who is talking to Elon.

by Anonymousreply 426November 28, 2022 12:33 AM

The success of Elon's takeover to me is defined by whether he can monetize Twitter. So far I'm not seeing promising signs of that. Sure Twitter will still run and people will use it but if Elon can't monetize it, the banks will eventually take over and sell it.

by Anonymousreply 427November 28, 2022 12:37 AM

That's incredible, R426. If Musk really tweeted that, he's gone fully into the deep end of rightwing propaganda.

by Anonymousreply 428November 28, 2022 12:50 AM

Elon looks into his crystal balls:

[quote] Elon tweet: "I think I see a path to Twitter exceeding a billion monthly users in 12 to 18 months."

Twitter last year had about 200+ million users.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429November 28, 2022 12:57 AM

Elon is upset that Apple has threatened to pull Twitter from the App store!

He also went on the offensive @ing Tim Cook for advertisers leaving and telling people that Apple charges him a tax to use the app.

What did he THINK would happen?

Why would Apple ever want to be associated with the app?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430November 28, 2022 6:27 PM

I wonder about Elon's amnesty program wherein he opens the gates of Hell and viscous, toothy canines come to tweet. I wonder if that new policy change will convince Tim Cook to leave the Twitter app in the App Store or if Cook will pull that app even faster out of the store. I bet Elon doesn't even think that new policy is a problem.

by Anonymousreply 431November 28, 2022 6:40 PM

Peter Thiel R426 - the same man who is funding Glenn Greenwald, Tulsi Gabbard and other right wing fanatics. He is more dangerous than Murdoch IMO>

by Anonymousreply 432November 28, 2022 6:47 PM

Is Peter Thiel funding Greenwald and beloved DL villainness Tulsi? Didn't know that. Link?

by Anonymousreply 433November 28, 2022 6:57 PM

So much for Musk’s claim of Free Speech”! Note that he cancels a Twitter account of a cybersecurity person who exposed that a huge hack of Twitter occurred under Musk’s watch.

DLers with Twitter accounts, stay safe out there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434November 28, 2022 7:29 PM

"—Musk is a hypocrite "

Ya think? 🤔

"Elon Musk

@elonmusk

Apple has mostly stopped advertising on Twitter. Do they hate free speech in America?

11:45 AM · Nov 28, 2022

***·Twitter for iPhone***

by Anonymousreply 435November 28, 2022 7:50 PM

But wait there's more...

Elon Musk

@elonmusk

What’s going on here @tim_cook?

12:04 PM · Nov 28, 2022

***·Twitter for iPhone***

😂

by Anonymousreply 436November 28, 2022 7:53 PM

I despise Musk but using an iPhone isn't hypocritical to me. He supports Apple and wants them on board.

by Anonymousreply 437November 28, 2022 7:54 PM

Twitter is just ones and zeros.it could be recreated a thousand times over.

Anybody using that thing still is DESPERATE.

by Anonymousreply 438November 28, 2022 7:55 PM

People are so worried and afraid of losing their twitter accounts and that turns me off. They are begging their followers to stay.

Never seen so many grown people turn into babies. Twitter is dead. The sooner people realize that the better.

by Anonymousreply 439November 28, 2022 7:56 PM

Look into Rumble and who funds it. The main backer is Peter Thiel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440November 28, 2022 7:56 PM

More on Rumble

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441November 28, 2022 7:59 PM

Peter Thiel was not even born in America. Why do these foreigners hate America so much even though it gave them everything they have?

Take this one to task.

by Anonymousreply 442November 28, 2022 8:00 PM

Peter should be exiled from the US.

by Anonymousreply 443November 28, 2022 8:01 PM

Just make a new twitter. Call it Witter

And then we can move on from this cretin and his band of misfits.

by Anonymousreply 444November 28, 2022 8:03 PM

Anyone heard from Jack Dorsey? How does he feel about the destruction of his creation?

Musk keeps saying account numbers are up and things are looking up, but think he’s spouting pure propaganda.

by Anonymousreply 445November 28, 2022 8:07 PM

R445 It's monetization you need to be looking at. More account numbers doesn't mean more profitability.

by Anonymousreply 446November 28, 2022 8:09 PM

Rumble and Twitter, a match made in the deepest depths of Hell.

by Anonymousreply 447November 28, 2022 8:10 PM

Jack Dorsey is a POS.

by Anonymousreply 448November 28, 2022 8:11 PM

"I was over at Supercuts today getting my roots touched up and that Hisstopher said the funniest thing, Marge! He said that they should should start t new Twitter and just call it Witter!"

"Oh my sides! He is such a stiitch! He does the funniest impressions of those Golden Girls too!"

by Anonymousreply 449November 28, 2022 8:13 PM

Uh, Dorsey took the cash and ran. I would do the same.

by Anonymousreply 450November 28, 2022 8:19 PM

[quote] Dorsey took the cash and ran.

Dorsey was the one who promoted Elon taking over Twitter as a good thing, so there should be a hashtag like #JackDidThis.

But Dorsey didn't take the cash and then run. He turned his share of the proceeds from the Musk buyout of twitter into new Twitter shares in the Musk-run company. #Jack'sStillHere

But he wants zero responsibility in managing the new company. #Jack'sHereInSpiritOnly

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451November 28, 2022 8:29 PM

Dorsey shares the same philosophy as Putin.

by Anonymousreply 452November 28, 2022 8:31 PM

Apple is probably about to drop Twitter from its app store. This clusterfuck Musk has created will have destroyed Twitter in record time. It's like Newsweek or Macy's.

by Anonymousreply 453November 28, 2022 8:47 PM

Twitter will be “profitable” in the short term because they dumped a bunch of expenses—their employees. But when things start to break—and they will—it’s timber.

by Anonymousreply 454November 28, 2022 8:48 PM

Good^.

by Anonymousreply 455November 28, 2022 8:48 PM

[quote] Peter Thiel was not even born in America. Why do these foreigners hate America so much even though it gave them everything they have?

I think you may be mistaken. He’s trying to increase competition, not take it away. So that would be favorable to the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 456November 28, 2022 10:17 PM

R446 careful, most of your audience on here aren’t the thinking types. Many seem to hate/fear quantitative dispassion in any thread where the primary motivation is to stir unhinged passion, not actual dialogue. I would love it if others were permitted to discuss monetization, unique logins, regular users, engagement metrics, and how Twitter determines them vs how other socials determine them. All while allowing for a parallel chorus of froth.

I don’t have overwhelming emotional reactions to any consumer product or service. Use Twitter, don’t use it, delete it, find an alternative…more power to you. I don’t mind that that determination is ‘personal’ to some people. I suspect if asked, most couldn’t discuss the provenance of any other product in their homes, manufactured in China, garments from Bangladesh, coffee farmers in South America, the political leanings of management, the altruism of the founding family…

Musk brings it on himself, to a degree. And the rest of us have to suffer the hysteria. Twitter works fine for the specific and limited way I use it. I block out crazy wherever it crops up, even here.

by Anonymousreply 457November 28, 2022 10:46 PM

R408, Musk won that lawsuit. Or should I say the guy who Musk called a pedophile lost the case.

by Anonymousreply 458November 28, 2022 10:56 PM

I still have my Twitter account. I visit twitter several times a day to block advertisers.

by Anonymousreply 459November 28, 2022 10:59 PM

[quote] . I would love it if others were permitted to discuss monetization, unique logins, regular users, engagement metrics, and how Twitter determines them

I have indeed brought this up R457 but as you note, DLers are often ruled by passion.

The conventional wisdom seems to be that Twitter has maybe one-third the number of MAUs it claims to have due to trolls and bots, but also due to the fact that many people have multiple accounts that they use for legitimate purposes (e.g. a business account, a hobby account and a personal account) and Twitter counts them all as separate users.

by Anonymousreply 460November 28, 2022 11:04 PM

No. There nothing rational about purchasing an underperforming company at an inflated value.

by Anonymousreply 461November 29, 2022 12:15 AM

Apple, for liability reasons, takes their content policies pretty seriously.

When I worked for a social media company, our app once got pulled **WITHOUT NOTICE** because Apple reviewers found *two* violating pieces of content on an app with millions of videos.

To get the app restored, we had to submit not only proof we had acted on the content (it was, in Apple's defense, extremely objectionable, but had not been user-reported OR caught by our AI) but also a policy statement explaining how we would prevent this from happening again.

This isn't actually an ideological stance by Apple, it's 1) brand protection, 2) compliance, and 3) CYA.

Their primary motivation is discouraging Congress from regulating app marketplaces any further than it already has, by convincing legislators they can self-regulate.

[bold] There are people at Apple whose whole job is to review apps each time an update is submitted to the App Store.

A huge company like Twitter has a dedicated contact or team at Apple for this—but chances are Elon has laid off whomever at Twitter was that team's point of contact.

So, what has probably happened here is:

1) Twitter submitted an update, it went to their usual reviewer(s)

2) The reviewers found policy violations and got no response from Twitter, because their contacts are gone

3) Apple rejected the update and threatened to pull the app.

[bold/] It is highly doubtful that this is any new, Twitter-specific policy, or even evidence that Apple has an issue with the Elon takeover.

It is evidence that when you lay off your entire communications department, corporate communication becomes more difficult.

If Elon were a normal tech CEO, he would have done what every company does when they get an update rejected: called their contact at Apple, explained how and when they will cure the violations, tasked a team with doing so, then resubmitted the update.

But he is a chaos monkey.

Also, considering this is Twitter, there's no way this is the first time they've failed an objectionable content spot check.

This probably happens a lot—the reviewers need to meet their own performance metrics, after all—and every other time they've handled it normally.

If Elon didn't know about this before, by now somebody has surely explained it to him, so this isn't ignorance.

He has a history of launching weird half-functional products when he wants a little cash infusion (remember the flamethrowers that were just modded Airsoft rifles?)

He's not actually going to make any kind of a dent in the mobile phone market, but he may well talk a factory in China into modding some Huawei phones and slapping Tesla branding on them.

Then he'll sell them for $800 each to his fash fanboys.

It's ALWAYS a grift.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462November 29, 2022 12:28 AM

[/bold] oops. sorry about the formatting typo.

by Anonymousreply 463November 29, 2022 12:30 AM

[quote] [R446] careful, most of your audience on here aren’t the thinking types.

[quote] No. They’re nothing rational about purchasing an underperforming company at an inflated value.

[quote] So much for Musk’s claim of “Free Speech”! Note that he cancels a Twitter account of a cybersecurity person who exposed that a huge hack of Twitter occurred under Musk’s watch.

Perhaps, R457, you could direct your post to Elon Musk. He - more than posters here - does not appear to be a “thinking type”.

by Anonymousreply 464November 29, 2022 3:40 AM

Elon posted a picture of his bedside table which mostly seemed to be guns and gold Diet Coke cans. I was shocked that there wasn't a Bible. I suppose that's next especially since religion fits well with Elon's creepy idea that people should procreate like rabbits.

by Anonymousreply 465November 29, 2022 4:25 AM

Who falls for his schtick? Who is his audience?

by Anonymousreply 466November 29, 2022 4:33 AM

The same kind of people who fall for Trump's schtick. It's about 'owning the libs'.

by Anonymousreply 467November 29, 2022 4:34 AM

Musk is an elite globalist. Can’t believe that the stupid, gullible deplorables are falling for this underdog pr. Is there anything these people won’t fall for?

I hope someone is selling them all timeshares while they are at it.

by Anonymousreply 468November 29, 2022 4:42 AM

R465. I don't think the guns were even real. From the pics they looked like replicas from games.

by Anonymousreply 469November 29, 2022 4:54 AM

They do seem to be replicas. One was a replica of George Washington's flintlock pistol. The other appears to be a replica gun modeled after the Diamond Back .357 revolver from the Deus Ex: Human Revolution video game.

The gold Diet Coke cans are caffeine free (somehow I didn't know that). There was also a Buddhist Vajra.

by Anonymousreply 470November 29, 2022 5:01 AM

Musk better not fuck with Tim Cook, arguably the most powerful person in Tech right now. Cook singlehandedly destroyed Snap Chat and made Meta lose its value by more than 100%.

Musk doesn't seem to understand that gays are quite vindictive and vicious, especially uber successful ones like Miss Cook.

by Anonymousreply 471November 29, 2022 5:16 AM

R470. I didn't see the Vajra, interesting he has the Hindu thunderbolt.

It's probably just an interesting thing he picked up.

But I can't help but wonder, given some of his recent madness, whether it's connected to more bizarre esoteric thinking that started with Savitri and Serrano. Musk seems like the sort of person who might be interested by that kind of shit.

by Anonymousreply 472November 29, 2022 5:20 AM

R472 It was a vajra (essentially the same thing as a Hindu thunderbolt since it's "used symbolically by the dharmic traditions of Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism, often to represent firmness of spirit and spiritual power").

by Anonymousreply 473November 29, 2022 5:25 AM

R473. Yeah, I'm somewhat familiar with the icon. I was just wondering why he had one.

I normally would think it's just a curiosity. Maybe he has an interest in Hindu mythology. But with Elon and these other radicalized Right nutcases you always have to wonder whether things are hidden signs or signals.

by Anonymousreply 474November 29, 2022 5:29 AM

The whole set up makes him look unserious and like a man child again. Probably trolling. Guns that aren't real but essentially toys. Diet Coke without the caffeine. A random spiritual object.

by Anonymousreply 475November 29, 2022 5:32 AM

He thinks that’s what passes for “edgy” and “cool”.

Dude is such a pathetic bitch, it’s almost sad.

Like orange, he is desperate for the approval of the cool kids but he’s such a fucking annoying spaz, they stuff him into a locker and leave him there until a teacher lets him out.

And he STILL can’t take the hint he’s a loser.

by Anonymousreply 476November 29, 2022 7:51 AM

A lot of people keep a gun close by for protection. There's nothing shocking or unusual about it, at least with normal people.

by Anonymousreply 477November 29, 2022 7:55 AM

R477 But it's hilarious that they aren't even real guns. Useless for protection except maybe to make someone think that you do have a gun (funny that one is an antique while the other is from a game though).

by Anonymousreply 478November 29, 2022 8:01 AM

Is Twitter dead yet?? Can I have its stuff?

by Anonymousreply 479November 29, 2022 8:02 AM

"Multiple top advertising agencies and media buyers told the Financial Times that nearly all of the big brands they represent have paused spending on the social media platform, citing alarm at Musk’s ad hoc approach to policing content and decision to axe many of its ad sales team.

Musk, meanwhile, has sought to personally call chief executives of some brands that have curbed advertising in order to berate them, according to one senior industry figure, leading others to instead reduce their spend to the bare minimum required so as to avoid further confrontation with the billionaire entrepreneur."

by Anonymousreply 480November 29, 2022 8:12 AM

Businesses who permit themselves to be bullied by Felon Fuck deserve to have their business' image tarnished.

You suspend advertising on a platform that has degraded into an online klan rally and the new owner of the platform calls you personally.

Why are you taking his calls? And how do you think the discussion would go?

by Anonymousreply 481November 29, 2022 9:08 AM

[quote] A lot of people keep a gun close by for protection. There's nothing shocking or unusual about it, at least with normal people.

Most “normal people” in the civilised world have nothing in the world to do with guns….unless you live in 3rd world lawless places, Ukraine or a subset of AmeriKKKa.

by Anonymousreply 482November 29, 2022 11:03 AM

Well Musk does live in Texas now. Land of big hair, big oil, big guns and big egos.

by Anonymousreply 483November 29, 2022 11:07 AM

And Big Delusions, R483

by Anonymousreply 484November 29, 2022 11:09 AM

R477 Normal people don't have guns. Burgerland delusions.

by Anonymousreply 485November 29, 2022 11:22 AM

To R471's point, don't mess with the techie lesbians either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486November 29, 2022 11:30 AM

[quote]I hope someone is selling them all timeshares while they are at it.

On it.

by Anonymousreply 487November 29, 2022 11:32 AM

Normal people don't keep two replica guns out on their nightstands amid empty diet Coke cans and then post still lives of the ensemble to social media.

by Anonymousreply 488November 29, 2022 11:32 AM

Thanks R460. I know there’s an attempt not to count trolls and bots as MAU or DAU. But I’m not convinced they can reasonably ascertain that on that scale. 100s of millions of trolls and bots is staggering. I was thinking somewhere around 40% were bots, not 66% or 300mm!

Do you know, how does Twitter define MAU specifically, one login or 5-10+? It surely wouldn’t be a single login. With vpns how can any AI determine authenticity, reliably? probably very complicated answer.

R462 very interesting, thanks for sharing.

by Anonymousreply 489November 29, 2022 11:47 AM

Musk is a big dope but that pic OP posted kinda turns me on.

by Anonymousreply 490November 29, 2022 11:50 AM

Yes, excellent post r462. Shows that Musk, like Dump, is a giant baby.

by Anonymousreply 491November 29, 2022 11:54 AM

R486 So he really is berating companies, publicly. Classy.

by Anonymousreply 492November 29, 2022 12:01 PM

Musk is playing with fire when it comes to Apple. Tim Cook will ignore Musk’s tweets, but if you think it means nothing will be done, just ask Parler.

by Anonymousreply 493November 29, 2022 12:07 PM

[quote] Is Musk losing his mind on Twitter right now?

At the end of the day I think he's a spoiled, entitled, emotionally unstable failson with a messiah complex.

Watching his chats with people like Tom Fitton indicates that he is enamored with the current iteration of the GOP wherein you demand what you want and then (disingenuously) "straw man" call that whatever is appropriate to make it palatable to the masses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494November 29, 2022 2:43 PM

I loooove Tim Cook, Tim, please save us from this fucking beast of a man!!!! Whose going to save us????

by Anonymousreply 495November 29, 2022 3:18 PM

Armie at R487, I would just like to point out, you haven’t had a cannibalistic episode for a while and there’s Elon, looking all plump and juicy. Mmmmmm.

by Anonymousreply 496November 29, 2022 5:48 PM

You make a good point, R496; Elon would look complete lying on a trencher with an apple in his mouth.

by Anonymousreply 497November 29, 2022 6:47 PM

Ew, I don't think Armie would eat that.

by Anonymousreply 498November 29, 2022 6:54 PM

Elon has been deploying thousands low orbit satellites for his internet service. This "I'm leaving Apple" thing is all a show to promote his new Starlink network and get people to buy special phones for it. Rumor is it's highly over priced with very slow connections. So far mostly people on large yachts who buy it. In the middle of the Pacific ocean, there are no cell towers.

Just like Trump, it's a show. Don't fall for this circus clown, side shows are always a rip off.

by Anonymousreply 499November 29, 2022 7:37 PM

Ron DeathSentence has said Congress should investigate Apple if it removes the Twitter app from the App Store.

So much for free enterprise.

by Anonymousreply 500November 29, 2022 7:52 PM

UnSunnyD ^^^ has also made it EASIER for sex traffickers to abuse women

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501November 29, 2022 8:05 PM

As with Disney, Ron DeS. and other big-government conservatives don't really believe in "free enterprise." They just believe in amassing power and money for themselves and their cronies. Cf. Putin, Orbán, et al.

by Anonymousreply 502November 29, 2022 8:12 PM

When people ask me "what's it to you" in regards to why I care that Must now controls Twitter, as a gay Black man, this is my answer.

[quote] Before Musk bought Twitter, slurs vs Black Americans showed up on the social media service an average of 1,282 times a day. After the billionaire became Twitter’s owner, they jumped to 3,876 times a day...antisemitic posts soared more than 61% in the 2 weeks" after his takeover

This kind of animosity doesn't remain in the vacuum of the internet

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 503December 2, 2022 5:28 PM

Musky has had to cancel Kanye West because he was posting swastikas within a star of David. Will the "free speech" fanatics (i.e. hate speech devotees) go crazy and turn on Musky?

by Anonymousreply 504December 2, 2022 5:42 PM

Yes, ^^^, they already have.

by Anonymousreply 505December 2, 2022 6:03 PM

So the right thinks that drag queens reading to children is an abomination that should be violently suppressed, but that posting Nazi emblems and spouting love for Hitler is perfectly okay. The more they lose in the voting booth, the more extreme the Republicans get.

by Anonymousreply 506December 2, 2022 6:52 PM

Twitter revenue plummeting. Entering death spiral territory.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507December 2, 2022 11:47 PM

Twitter's view count its up, up, up! Cash flow down, down, down. Elon must be a genius, losing money while being very popular is hard thing to do. You actually have to work at it. Congrats Elon, you showed the Libs.

by Anonymousreply 508December 3, 2022 6:35 AM

Losing millions is a small price to pay for busting the Hunter Biden scandal wide open. Egon Husk is a true selfless patriot.

by Anonymousreply 509December 3, 2022 6:41 AM

Or he just as a taste for good cock and willing to pay to see it.

by Anonymousreply 510December 3, 2022 7:35 AM

R509: indeed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 511December 3, 2022 7:39 AM

From the Man himself

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512December 3, 2022 7:39 AM

[quote] Elon Musk reveals Democrats lawmakers blasted Twitter for failing to censor MORE content after New York Post Hunter Biden laptop scandal - with lawmakers claiming 'free speech isn't absolute'

Journalist Matt Taibbi Friday began publishing the internal Twitter documents

They showed the shocking political influence on content moderation at the site

Taibbi conducted his probe with the cooperation of new Twitter chief Elon Musk

Emails showed staffers censoring tweets at the behest of the Joe Biden's team

His campaign made requests for tweets to be taken down - and Twitter complied

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513December 3, 2022 7:44 AM

Watch out! Elon’s Twatter has teeth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514December 3, 2022 7:48 AM

FOX NEWS had a DIRECT LINE TO THE PRESIDENT and yet that's not influence peddling? Didn't several of Fox News hosts call Donald Trump personally during the Insurrection to ask him to stop because it was hurting their brand?

OH, but Biden's team called Twitter....how scandalous. A social media company was asked to take something down.

by Anonymousreply 515December 3, 2022 7:50 AM

Homegirl better lawyered up by now

Election interference is a felony

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 516December 3, 2022 9:55 AM

Posting this Hunter nothingburger to own the Libs will just push away more of the left, and more advertisers, leaving Twitter a Parler clone. Nice job, Elon. You sure owned the Libs.

by Anonymousreply 517December 3, 2022 10:08 AM

Has Taibbi gone the way of Greenwald? I remember all that "laptop" business in fall 2020, and my impression was that the Republican spin was just deemed misinformation and even lies, which Taibbi doesn't seem to mention. And at the same time as Twitter was reviewing and honoring requests from the "Biden team," they were letting Trump & Co. tweet dangerous lies about covid and other public issues (until Trump actually used Twitter to foment and plan an insurrection).

by Anonymousreply 518December 3, 2022 10:50 AM

[quote] Elon Musk promotes release of internal Twitter documents rehashing platform’s block of Hunter Biden story Many of the details released on Friday night had already been public, including the steps the company took around the New York Post article from October 2020 that alleged it had a “smoking-gun email” between Hunter Biden and a Ukrainian businessman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519December 3, 2022 11:27 AM

^^ I mean, that is the crux of it. This is what we know already from the congressional hearing about this years ago. Jack Dorsey answered questions about this. We have not learnt anything new. Elon has deliberately rehashed this and made it out to be a big revelation for political reasons.

by Anonymousreply 520December 3, 2022 11:41 AM

Enjoy your $44 billion dollar echo chamber, Elmo, I hope it bleeds you dry 😠

by Anonymousreply 521December 3, 2022 11:41 AM

[quote] Who is Vijaya Gadde, the Twitter exec involved in censoring Post’s Hunter Biden laptop bombshell?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522December 3, 2022 11:47 AM

Let me know when Elmo finds Hillary's emails 🙄

by Anonymousreply 523December 3, 2022 11:53 AM

Despite the spin Taibbi put on it in the thread, it's obvious that what happened was the Biden campaign -- not the government, because it was still the Trump administration at the time -- asked that the misinformation be pulled, largely because of Hunter's nudes. That was about it.

by Anonymousreply 524December 3, 2022 11:54 AM

God, he's like a little kid who thinks if he digs a hole in his backyard he'll discover a new route to China

by Anonymousreply 525December 3, 2022 11:58 AM

R524, did you miss the news previously that federal agents visited tech companies about stories and posts?

Some of this may be about the campaign but that campaign became the government. That is part of the problem. These are people who feel it's okay to manipulate news and public discussion.

But, hey, keep excusing this conduct and this POV and see how much worse it could get.

by Anonymousreply 526December 3, 2022 12:07 PM

^ Are you saying it could become as bad as Fox News? 😳

by Anonymousreply 527December 3, 2022 12:10 PM

What “misinformation” was that, r524?

by Anonymousreply 528December 3, 2022 12:17 PM

In case you haven’t figured it out, Dumpers, the only reason the right wing nut jobs are pushing the Biden laptop story is they don’t give a shit about anything. Hunter did in his work life. They know there’s nothing there about his work, especially with Ukraine, which was probably on five laptops ago. However, there’s a sad story of Hunter’s personal dissolution, and they’re going to show every single bit of it to the world because they think people will be appalled and not vote for Joe. Republicans know the minutiae of politics don’t sway the public. But boy, do nude crack smoking hot guys—line of like the Clinton affair and cum stained dress. Most people didn’t even know the Clinton shit wasn’t about his affair it was lying to the special prosecutor.

Not Hunter has to look forward to all of his pics, taken when he was at. Horrible place in his life, will be public fodder. Believe me, Dumpers, that’s what it’s all about.

by Anonymousreply 529December 3, 2022 1:26 PM

Damnit, pardon the typos at r529.

by Anonymousreply 530December 3, 2022 1:28 PM

And by the way, the idiotic post says the laptop story was censored, and implies it was the Post. It fucking wasn’t, they had it on their pages for weeks. Because Twitter choice to not publish unverified info on a laptop and refused to publish the nude photos of a private citizen makes them the good guys.

The laptop was not the property of the person leaking the info. Period. I don’t care if Hunter left it there. I don’t even believe the story on how it got into the Dumper’s hands.

by Anonymousreply 531December 3, 2022 1:35 PM

R529. I honestly don't think people care anymore. Republicans have dropped the bar for moral conduct so low that I doubt people really care.

The Right cares, but only as both a signal and excuse to hate Biden. They couldn't care less about the actual behaviour. But if you know about it, and agree that it's a big deal, you're signalling you hate Biden and that's what this is all about.

The ironic image of Republicans trying to exploit the kind of high-minded politics they've spent the last decade dismantling is hilarious. Because it has nothing to do with that.

Sucks for Hunter though. It can't be easy to have stupid shit from your past dragged out and fed on by the cannibals that are the Right.

by Anonymousreply 532December 3, 2022 2:03 PM

And to add on, r532, they couldn’t even prove any of the content was put their by Hunter in a court of law. The chain of custody has long since been destroyed. Maybe computer forensic experts can trace some of it, but most of it? No way.

by Anonymousreply 533December 3, 2022 2:13 PM

^ put there at my post at r533. I’m full of typos today.

by Anonymousreply 534December 3, 2022 2:13 PM

Given that the the late Ken Starr, Newt Gingrich, and the whole Republican party smeared Clinton's peccadilloes all over the press in 1998, playing up all the tawdry details, and the Democrats won big in the midterms that year, I say go for it. At least two thirds of the voting public don't care and are disgusted with the Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 535December 3, 2022 5:24 PM

So, Elmo paid $44 billion for Hunter's dick pics... Who wants to tell him they've been all over the internet for years, free 😂

Oh, they are nice dick pics BTW, but not $44 billion nice. I think the right might be a bit jealous that Dems are definitely better hung than Repugs 🤔

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536December 3, 2022 6:17 PM

[quote] Elon Musk

@elonmusk · 3h Just a note to thank advertisers for returning to Twitter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537December 4, 2022 3:39 AM

scum

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538December 4, 2022 4:17 AM

His thank you to returning advertisers. They aren’t returning, they’re fleeing.

by Anonymousreply 539December 4, 2022 10:13 AM

Why the hell is Elon Musk now holding a poll on whether Assange and Snowden should be pardoned? Suspicious much?

Snowden who has just sworn an oath and taken Russian citizenship is criticizing the U.S. on “fair trials,” “injustice” and even “a law…aimed at suppressing an anti-war movement”. The huge irony when he's effectively defected to Russia............

by Anonymousreply 540December 4, 2022 12:24 PM

Where is the Twitter poll that asks if Elon should be sent to Mars on the first test rocket?

Will he do it? I mean you got to do whatever the poll says right Elon?

by Anonymousreply 541December 5, 2022 8:04 AM

R538, that chart left off "Against Elon Musk" which rose by 607,809,441%

by Anonymousreply 542December 5, 2022 8:19 AM

[quote] Why the hell is Elon Musk now holding a poll on whether Assange and Snowden should be pardoned? Suspicious much?

Because he was asked to by one of the interviewers during the Twittergate Q & A. The other people participating in the Q & A were pissed that this guy tried to hijack the Q & A with Assange and Snowden questions - the Q & A was via starlink while Musk was in the air and he only had limited time - and though Musk repeated a few times he didn't know enough about their individual cases to really give an opinion, he promised he'd put up a poll about it. So he did.

by Anonymousreply 543December 5, 2022 8:44 AM

Twitter HQ janitors are on strike.

And Elon has installed sleeping quarters - about four to eight per floor - plus the library at Twitter HQ has been converted into a sleeping area.

by Anonymousreply 544December 6, 2022 4:58 AM

[quote] And Elon has installed sleeping quarters - about four to eight per floor - plus the library at Twitter HQ has been converted into a sleeping area.

Twitter: Waco.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 545December 6, 2022 5:10 AM

Elon thinks it cool to sleep there because he's hard working and does that shit all the time. The problem with his "work ethic" is that that most people dont have a STAFF of people at home cleaning, cooking, baby sitting, managing bills, maintaining the cars, mowing the lawn, taking care of pets and everything else people need to do outside of work.

by Anonymousreply 546December 6, 2022 10:52 AM

R546 Exactly. Also as CEO Elon naturally has way more investment and also more money to make from this than the workers. It's a horrible and shitty way to conduct business. Just no respect for them as human beings who may have partners, children and other responsibilities.

by Anonymousreply 547December 6, 2022 3:10 PM

One of the things I liked about twitter (aside from the cat pictures, of course) was the link to news articles. I wonder when the credible journalists/news outlets will dump their twitter accounts

by Anonymousreply 548December 6, 2022 3:18 PM

No one who is working for a paycheck wants to live and sleep at the office.

Honestly, the Twitter employees who stayed must hate themselves.

by Anonymousreply 549December 6, 2022 5:09 PM

A large percentage are on Work visas, R549.

They cannot stay in the country is they quit.

by Anonymousreply 550December 6, 2022 5:14 PM

work

If

by Anonymousreply 551December 6, 2022 5:23 PM

The janitors on strike? Ha!

Just wait until Space Karen’s toilet clogs up or his trash bin overflows. He will wail like the spoilt bitch he is.

Hope he ends up with clogged toilets, living in filth and stuck to a couch.

by Anonymousreply 552December 6, 2022 5:46 PM

Elon is a grandiose malignant narcissist with terminal affluenza and butt naked emperoritis just like Trump.

by Anonymousreply 553December 6, 2022 8:03 PM

A mantra at the corp where I worked was “act like an owner.” Problem: the rank and file have zero ownership stake. And many aren’t paid enough to justify ridiculous hours, all while raising families and attempting to have outside lives.

Elon and his ilk suck.

by Anonymousreply 554December 6, 2022 8:39 PM

Act like an owner my ass. I wish some boss would have said that to me. Give me a cut of the profits and I will gladly oblige.

by Anonymousreply 555December 8, 2022 4:41 AM

[quote]Exactly. Also as CEO Elon naturally has way more investment and also more money to make from this than the workers. It's a horrible and shitty way to conduct business.

A LOT of CEOs use this bullshit line. “act like an owner.” or something similar. Oh look how dedicated I am to the "project" working all night while my employees go home early. This company is "like a family" we need to all pitch in!

Cough, Cough, BULLSHIT! If we are family, lets split the profits like family. If we work like the owner, how about we own an fair share of the company and get to decide who gets fired without notice. Oh, when it comes to actual money and power that doesn't apply? We are only family when you want us to work overtime for free or a cheap slice of pizza? Got it.

by Anonymousreply 556December 8, 2022 6:28 AM

Tom Fitton And The Disinformation Disseminators are aggressively going after Ben Collins.

Which means Ben Collins must be right

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 557December 8, 2022 1:32 PM

[quote]I wonder when the credible journalists/news outlets will dump their twitter accounts

Many of them are already setting up shop on Post.News and also on Mastadon. Post is much easier to use than Mastadon and looks a lot like Twitter, which explains why there are 200,000+ people on the wait list. I finally got in last weekend.

by Anonymousreply 558December 9, 2022 4:20 AM

I just got my Post invite. R558 is right, it’s easy to use and reminds me of Twitter. So fa, so good!

by Anonymousreply 559December 9, 2022 12:34 PM

Link to Post?

Is there an app?

by Anonymousreply 560December 9, 2022 1:36 PM

I don't know if there's an app, because I use browsers or mobile for social media sites. Apps don't tend to show everything in my feeds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561December 10, 2022 9:20 PM

Free speech warrior Elon Musk is threatening to sue any employees who talk:

"@ZoeSchiffer

Elon Musk is threatening to sue Twitter employees who leak confidential information to the press. He's asking staffers to sign a pledge indicating they've understood. Here's the email:

As evidenced by the many detailed leaks of confidential Twitter information, a few people at our company continue to act in a manner contrary to the company's interests and in violation of their NDA. 1/

This will be said only once: If you clearly and deliberately violate the NDA that you signed when you joined, you accept liability to the full extent of the law & Twitter will immediately seek damages. 2/

Musk says occasional slip ups are understandable "but breaking your word by sending detailed info to the media" with the intent to harm Twitter "will receive the response it deserves."

Employees have by 5pm today to respond."

by Anonymousreply 562December 11, 2022 8:03 AM

This from a guy who tweeted 'Sunlight is the best disinfectant'. But whistleblowers about probably illegal/unethical practices like installing sleeping quarters at Twitter HQ aren't allowed at Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 563December 11, 2022 8:12 AM

The BBC has obtained pictures of the bedrooms installed at Twitter. The city of SF is investigating because it's a commercial building, not a residential building.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 564December 11, 2022 8:15 AM

I love that they were so generous as to put a Jack off Kleenex box in the center of the room.

by Anonymousreply 565December 11, 2022 8:20 AM

[quote]Free speech warrior Elon Musk is threatening to sue any employees who talk

While he himself does the same thing with Jack and the FBI's correspondence.

by Anonymousreply 566December 12, 2022 12:18 AM

He’s starting to remind me of that manager who got fired from Olive Garden.

by Anonymousreply 567December 12, 2022 1:44 AM

Sadly for Elon, Tesla stock is taking a beating today.

by Anonymousreply 568December 12, 2022 2:44 PM

Soon to be a penny stock? Good job Melon!

by Anonymousreply 569December 12, 2022 2:54 PM

This guy is really circling the drain. Employees at his companies have got to be reconsidering their futures.

Working for someone so unpredictable whose has shown a propensity for throwing his employees to the wolves is troubling.

by Anonymousreply 570December 12, 2022 5:11 PM

His cult is too dumb to see what a loser he is, r570.

Just like MAGAts, they believe anything they’re told about apartheid asshole.

by Anonymousreply 571December 12, 2022 5:12 PM

But said “cult” aren’t buying his cars or advertising on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 572December 12, 2022 5:33 PM

His attempt to seem unruffled by his 10 minute booing last night was highly amusing. The tweets mocking him even more so.

by Anonymousreply 573December 12, 2022 10:11 PM

Musk is trashing Twitter's former security chief, Yoel Roth, by implying his PhD dissertation dealt with child sex. Musk is going full QAnon on us.

[quote] On Saturday, Musk falsely implied in tweets that Twitter’s former head of trust and safety, Yoel Roth — who is gay — has advocated for child sexualization.

[quote] “Looks like Yoel is arguing in favor of children being able to access adult Internet services in his PhD thesis,” tweeted Musk, with an excerpt from the 300-page dissertation. “Gay Data,” the title of Roth’s 2016 dissertation at the University of Pennsylvania, is about Grindr, the geosocial networking service popular with the LGBTQ+ community.

[quote] Far-right and extremist voices have long pushed a false claim that LGBTQ+ people are sexual predators who are “grooming” children to abuse them. In September, the Anti-Defamation League’s Center for Extremism said that “the result of this widespread hateful rhetoric has been a spike in harassment, threats and violence targeting the LGBTQ+ community.”

CNN is reporting that Yoel Roth has left his home because of increased threats after Musk's most recent tweets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 574December 12, 2022 11:03 PM

Remember Elon calling that diver a pedo out of nowhere? He seems to have a creepy fixation on that. I hope it's not projection.

by Anonymousreply 575December 12, 2022 11:11 PM

Yoel Roth married his husband in 2019.

Elon Musk, who is currently unmarried, has ordered that mattress be strategically placed throughout the Twitter offices, possibly to facilitate his chances for after-work spontaneous sex. Previously Musk impregnated a senior employee at his company, Neuralink, so good luck Elon with your Twitter "project."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576December 12, 2022 11:11 PM

[quote] Remember Elon calling that diver a pedo out of nowhere?.... I hope it's not projection.

Someone on Twitter jokingly said that "Every accusation is a confession."

by Anonymousreply 577December 12, 2022 11:14 PM

At this point he's just another Trump or Bannon, siccing the deplorables on anyone who incurs his ire.

by Anonymousreply 578December 12, 2022 11:16 PM

[quote]Remember Elon calling that diver a pedo out of nowhere?.... I hope it's not projection.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 579December 12, 2022 11:18 PM

Yoel shared a link from someone else, who was talking about the grey area of sex and power differentials in regards to students who are 18 and older but still in high school. He didn't act prudish enough in his comments on the subject and Elon leapt on those posts knowing that Conservatives would shit their pants, thinking he was talking about underage students.

by Anonymousreply 580December 12, 2022 11:27 PM

Who fired all the people responsible for keeping child exploitation off Twitter?

by Anonymousreply 581December 12, 2022 11:31 PM

Does Elon have an interior designer stepdaughter who could help us out?

by Anonymousreply 582December 12, 2022 11:34 PM

[quote] The richest man on the planet, whose lavish upbringing was financed by an emerald slave mine in Zambia, wants you to believe that growing awareness of systemic inequality and injustice is the number one existential threat.

[quote] I wonder why.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583December 13, 2022 3:33 AM

Omg

by Anonymousreply 584December 13, 2022 9:56 AM

Good lord. He keeps tweeting out his allegiance to rightwing clichés. If you're still on twitter, GET OFF. Stop giving free content to this deplorable and let him sink with his leaky ship. BTW Tesla stock hit a 2-year low yesterday so who knows how he's financing his insane loans.

by Anonymousreply 585December 13, 2022 11:56 AM

[quote]Given that the the late Ken Starr

Ken Starr is dead?

...KEN STARR IS DEAD! I didn't know! That put a little spring in my step this morning!

by Anonymousreply 586December 13, 2022 12:03 PM

Re: R583

Michael Harriot

[quote] Matt Taibbi and Elon Musk rummaged through millions of emails & Slack messages from pre-Musk Twitter & all they found was employees deliberating & consulting w/each other about how to fairly apply & enforce rules. But I get it..

[quote] To a rich white man, that seems very oppressive

by Anonymousreply 587December 13, 2022 12:33 PM

[quote] The $5.7 billion Musk quietly donated last year went to his own foundation after all. The foundation had its busiest year ever, making $160 million in gifts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588December 13, 2022 3:00 PM

"Elon Musk is no longer the wealthiest person in the world, according to Forbes, after a decline in Tesla share price meant that LVMH CEO Bernard Arnault knocked him from his lofty perch.

Musk held the title of the world’s wealthiest man since September 2021, when he overtook Amazon founder Jeff Bezos.

Arnault made his fortune building the world’s largest luxury conglomerate, which includes brands like Louis Vuitton but also Tiffany, Tag Heuer, and Celine."

by Anonymousreply 589December 13, 2022 3:02 PM

[quote] At market closing, Elon Musk is no longer the richest man in the world. Bernard Arnault lives his life as most of us might with those billions: buying art, throwing parties, helping to rebuild Notre Dame, not trolling. He seems happy. And he’s number 1.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590December 13, 2022 3:03 PM

Twitter (accidentally on purpose) breaks two-factor authentication for Ukrainian phone numbers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 591December 13, 2022 3:19 PM

Every day brings several new reasons for twitter users to run for the hills.

by Anonymousreply 592December 13, 2022 3:33 PM

The bodyguard though

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593December 14, 2022 12:16 PM

"A Twitter account that tracked Elon Musk's private jet has been suspended for violating unspecified Twitter rules.

The @ElonJet account had more than half a million followers.

Its owner Jack Sweeney, 20, used flight tracking information to tweet every time Mr Musk's jet took off and landed."

(NB: it's public information...)

by Anonymousreply 594December 14, 2022 6:52 PM

So free speech is everything on Twitter—but only when Jews, gays, and black people are being attacked and insulted. When Musk is the target, suddenly you're breaking unwritten, previously unknown rules. Tyrant's playbook.

by Anonymousreply 595December 14, 2022 8:34 PM

[quote] When Musk is the target, suddenly you're breaking unwritten, previously unknown rules.

The rules are written and known. The jet tracker claimed that he didn’t know which of the rules he broke.

by Anonymousreply 596December 14, 2022 10:10 PM

No, R587. They were deliberating, consulting and coaching each other about how to de-platform tweeters who were not in violation of any TOS. They were playing games about how to do it without it looking like that's what they were doing.

They were also shadow banning and using tech tricks to "de-amplify" or secretly hide certain accounts.

They were doing these things to accounts based on the politics and opinions of the account holders. They were doing this to minimize or erase other political views and opinions that differed from theirs.

Then they lied under oath to Congress about it.

They also lied to the public and to the account holders about it.

These are simply people with no principles. But because you like their politics & opinions you excuse it.

by Anonymousreply 597December 14, 2022 10:12 PM

He hasn't lost his mind; he's simply the world's worst nightmare: a toxic male internet troll with arrested development and money to burn.

by Anonymousreply 598December 14, 2022 10:22 PM

Nice try, R596. The account was (as R594 points out) merely repeating publicly available information about a public figure. Musk let it continue (after offering the kid $5k to stop it), then abruptly banned it (and the same kids' accounts others' planes), claiming they constituted doxxing by "revealing non-public personal information"—a lie. The data the kid posted was also delayed, not in real time. There was no safety risk or violation of a rule here; Musk just reinterpreted the anti-doxxing rule in favor of himself and his buddies.

But in the end, who cares? Tesla stock is still going down, Musk is still losing money every day, and Twitter is in a death spiral towards a QAnon or Infowars status.

by Anonymousreply 599December 14, 2022 10:25 PM

This just goes to show that they are ALL assholes.

by Anonymousreply 600December 14, 2022 10:32 PM

Right wingers are constantly trying to censor and drown out all viewpoints except their own. They do it everywhere, including DL.

by Anonymousreply 601December 14, 2022 10:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!