Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Goodbye to my Friends (corrected) at DL. CODA!

Because of confusion I am officially going to try to finish this as carefully as possible. The time is coming. Mark can easily see what is happening. I will keep you posted as I am able.♥️🙏

by Anonymousreply 191December 6, 2022 5:44 AM

Thanks, Joe.

Now to play my role as R1:

Go to hell, you cunt!

by Anonymousreply 1November 21, 2022 2:36 AM

I'll see you in another life brother. ❤️

by Anonymousreply 2November 21, 2022 2:38 AM

Joe and Mark, I think about you a lot and hope that you still have good days ahead of you. When the time comes, go forward without fear.

by Anonymousreply 3November 21, 2022 2:43 AM

Joe and Mark, I don’t know what to say except what R3 said. Hoping the ensuing days are peaceful for you. ❤️

by Anonymousreply 4November 21, 2022 7:27 AM

Peace to you. ❤️

by Anonymousreply 5November 21, 2022 8:07 AM

Much love to you both.

by Anonymousreply 6November 21, 2022 8:33 AM

If you can come back, we'd love to hear from you, but if you can't, we also understand. My love to both you and Mark.

by Anonymousreply 7November 22, 2022 11:08 AM

I’m here Joe, we all are. We wish you so much love, and peace. You both are courageous, I will not forget you. We’re here til your last breath, and we ‘ll be here for Mark, too.

by Anonymousreply 8November 22, 2022 11:19 AM

Sending you much love, Joe and Mark. May your remaining time together be filled with love and peace.

by Anonymousreply 9November 22, 2022 12:43 PM

You two should go see Lea in Funny Girl. I hear she's fabulous. Maybe you can get her to come sing at the memorial. If she can't, I bet Beanie is available.

by Anonymousreply 10November 22, 2022 12:50 PM

❤️💋

by Anonymousreply 11November 22, 2022 12:55 PM

It has been an absolute pleasure. Easy and peaceful exit my friend.

by Anonymousreply 12November 22, 2022 1:02 PM

My cat just preceded you, please tell that fat bitch she broke me.

by Anonymousreply 13November 22, 2022 1:04 PM

Sending best wishes to you both!

by Anonymousreply 14November 22, 2022 1:05 PM

I am sending you and Mark the biggest hug I can. I am wishing you both peace and love as always. I lost my Mom, brother, and sister within less than a year. I don't know you but your situation is hitting me just as hard! I am hoping your journey is peaceful and gentle and that Mark is comforted as much as possible.

We make memories throughout our lives for moments like this. They are something to wrap yourself in at difficult times. This will be the most difficult for both of you.

by Anonymousreply 15November 22, 2022 1:10 PM

Good luck on the journey. We’ll be with you all the way.

by Anonymousreply 16November 22, 2022 1:14 PM

I lost my sister to this, so I've been following your journey. Don't be scared, she's there waiting for you. Tell her hi and give her a hug for me. Miss you Lynnie! You are going with lots of love. Hugs to you, my friend.

by Anonymousreply 17November 22, 2022 1:22 PM

Much love to you both from across the pond.

by Anonymousreply 18November 22, 2022 1:36 PM

Rest easy

by Anonymousreply 19November 22, 2022 1:41 PM

I dedicate this song to you!!!! ❤️❤️❤️

Godspeed, buddy!!!⭐️✨⭐️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20November 22, 2022 1:43 PM

Love to you Joe and Mark ❤️

by Anonymousreply 21November 22, 2022 1:49 PM

Hope it goes nicely for you Joe.

You have a hot ass 😭

by Anonymousreply 22November 22, 2022 1:52 PM

Who has had a longer farewell tour? Elton, Cher, or JOE?

by Anonymousreply 23November 22, 2022 1:53 PM

like Cher's retirement ....

by Anonymousreply 24November 22, 2022 1:53 PM

Wow. R23 ....

by Anonymousreply 25November 22, 2022 1:53 PM

Thinking of you.

by Anonymousreply 26November 22, 2022 2:17 PM

Love from Alameda, thinking of you.

by Anonymousreply 27November 22, 2022 2:19 PM

Should you get to the next world before Xmas, can you nudge things along so one of two Brit home nations (Wales & England) get to the World Cup final?

Cheers ta Love, peace and love and all that, see yer in the next life and have a good one, yeah? xxxx

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28November 22, 2022 2:29 PM

Big love to you, Joe and Mark. Thank you for sharing your story here. I know it couldn't have been easy. You've given me hope that I'll find my man someday. Hugs.

by Anonymousreply 29November 22, 2022 3:01 PM

Goodbye to you

Goodbye to everything I thought I knew

You were the one I lo-hoved

The one thing that I tried to hold onto.

by Anonymousreply 30November 22, 2022 3:05 PM

All love to you Joe, and to Mark. As said upthread, we will be here for him, if only in spirit. Thank you for sharing your story here with us, you've touched people more than you realize. It's moved me to reflect and take careful stock of my life, recently.

Godspeed. Continue to post as you can.

by Anonymousreply 31November 22, 2022 6:04 PM

Love to you and Mark. From Texas.

by Anonymousreply 32November 22, 2022 6:08 PM

Love and peace to both of you.

by Anonymousreply 33November 22, 2022 6:13 PM

Sending so much love. May you experience the absolute bliss of leaving your body and flying free.

Though we need to weep your loss, You dwell in that safe place in our hearts Where no storm or night or pain can reach you.

Your love was like the dawn Brightening over our lives, Awakening beneath the dark A further adventure of color.

The sound of your voice Found for us A new music That brightened everything.

Whatever you enfolded in your gaze Quickened in the joy of its being; You placed smiles like flowers On the alter of the heart, Your mind always sparkled With the wonder at things.

Though your days here were brief, Your spirit was alive, awake, complete.

We look toward each other no longer From the old distance of our names; Now you dwell inside the rhythm of breath, As close to us as we are to ourselves.

Though we cannot see you with outward eyes, We know our souls gaze is upon your face, Smiling back at us from within everything To which we bring our best refinement.

Let us not look for you only in memory, Where we would grow lonely without you. You would want us to find you in presence, Besides us when beauty brightens, When kindness glows And music echoes eternal tones.

When orchids brighten the earth, Darkest winter has turned to spring; May this dark grief flower with hope In every heart that loves you.

May you continue to inspire us: To enter each day with a generous heart. To serve the call of courage and love Until we see your beautiful face again In that land where there is no more separation, Where all tears will be wiped from our mind, And where we will never lose you again.

By John O’Donohue

by Anonymousreply 34November 22, 2022 6:21 PM

I hope you have a peaceful transition, dear Joe.

by Anonymousreply 35November 22, 2022 6:47 PM

Joe, love to you and Mark, I will be thinking of you this Thanksgiving, thanking the Universe for being a part of your beautiful story and supporting your peaceful transition. You have a special place in my heart.

That which is divine in me bows to that which is divine in you. 💖

by Anonymousreply 36November 22, 2022 7:05 PM

Goodbye sweet Joe.

What a pleasure the last few months have been for all of us as we got to know you and Mark and your lives together.

Be well as you carry on.

by Anonymousreply 37November 22, 2022 7:07 PM

Can someone give a Cliffs Notes version of what this is about?

by Anonymousreply 38November 22, 2022 7:12 PM

I still can hear your breathing As if you'd never gone away I still can feel your touch, your tenderness As if you were still there There is no sense in crying Only liquid running from my eyes And all the feelings I restrain Are the remainders that survived Don't you worry, they won't find my body I want you to know I found Peace in another world Don't keep digging, I want you to leave Back away from the place Where my ashes are buried

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39November 22, 2022 7:20 PM

Best to you both.

"There is no crueler place than that vile pit of trollery" - except when it isn't.

DL always looks out for it's own.

by Anonymousreply 40November 22, 2022 7:21 PM

"Can someone give a Cliffs Notes version of what this is about?"

Joe is a longtime Datalounger. Married to Mark. He's in the very final stage of cancer. He has obtained (legal) drugs to end things on his own terms when he feels the time is right. Last report from him was that he has been in a lot of pain, and the drugs leave him confused -but the time is nearing. The correction in the thread title is that there was a typo in the previous thread, "Goodby to my Fiends at DL."

Overwhelmingly, posters support Joe and Mark and wish them well, but there are a few trolls who insist the whole thing is fake/EST post.

by Anonymousreply 41November 22, 2022 7:46 PM

Pardon me miss but with all due respect, I have problems of my own.

by Anonymousreply 42November 22, 2022 7:56 PM

I know a girl who post a farewell on this site. AND THEN SHE DIED!

by Anonymousreply 43November 22, 2022 7:57 PM

This is heartbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 44November 22, 2022 8:13 PM

Ok that was not what I was expecting, but thank you r41

I can't imagine going through this. So sad.

by Anonymousreply 45November 22, 2022 8:35 PM

Come sit by me, R23. When my mother was diagnosed with cancer the doctors said she'd be gone in a matter of weeks, but she hung on for about 18 months. When the holidays rolled around again, I started referring to the season as "The 2nd Annual Mom's Last Christmas." My siblings were not amused.

Joe, I hope you found some solace here over the past few months, and also some laughs. I'm grateful for you sharing your experience with us. I won't forget it, or you. We'll be here for Mark as best we can.

by Anonymousreply 46November 22, 2022 8:40 PM

I actually find this heartwarming in a way. Joe is having the best death you can really hope for. He is with Mark, the one he loves the most. He is taking painkillers as needed as well as whatever he wants. Chatting with friends and fiends when he is up to it. Joe is taking the end of his life literally in his own hands. Not tied to tubes and miserable for what *might* be some extra time.

Love to you, Joe and Mark.

by Anonymousreply 47November 22, 2022 8:43 PM

Sending all my love to you, Joe and Mark. ❤️ Joe, from my heart, I thank you for allowing us to hear your beautiful story. The world is better for having had you in it.

by Anonymousreply 48November 22, 2022 9:20 PM

Tell Mark that even though he won't be able to see or hear you you will be able to see and hear him. You will always be watching over him. Even if you don't believe this now you will see when you cross over.......... You are leaving behind a great gift to all those around you.

by Anonymousreply 49November 22, 2022 9:26 PM

Joe and Mark, here is a piece of music that you might give you ease. It’s a poem sung by a Cambridge choral group a cappella and well, it soothes babies to sleep. It’s truly beautiful. The title is Only In Sleep. I’ve included the lyrics because they’re a bit hard to decipher.

"Only in sleep I see their faces,

Children I played with when I was a child,

Louise comes back with her brown hair braided,

Annie with ringlets warm and wild.

Only in sleep Time is forgotten —

What may have come to them, who can know?

Yet we played last night as long ago,

And the doll-house stood at the turn of the stair.

The years had not sharpened their smooth round faces,

I met their eyes and found them mild —

Do they, too, dream of me, I wonder,

And for them am I too a child?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50November 22, 2022 9:38 PM

I posted this over on the other thread, but I'll bring it here too with a different clip.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make."

Go out Rockin' Joe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51November 22, 2022 9:46 PM

Peace to you, Joe.

by Anonymousreply 52November 22, 2022 9:51 PM

I guess sharing your blog is out of the question. Goodbye, Joe; we hardly knew ye.

by Anonymousreply 53November 22, 2022 9:59 PM

Sending love and peace, Joe.

by Anonymousreply 54November 22, 2022 10:32 PM

Sending you love Joe X

by Anonymousreply 55November 22, 2022 10:46 PM

Joe and Mark, you are loved.

by Anonymousreply 56November 22, 2022 10:48 PM

Question for the trolls: Okay, let's play a game of what if. What if Joe is an EST?

So what?

We cry at movies and books, even songs, when we know they're fiction, because we care about the fictional characters. Seeing them struggle with mortality helps us with our own struggles. Watching them bravely face death prepare us for when our time comes. Caring about others allows us to care about ourselves, to face our own fears.

I think Joe and Mark are real. But I don't care whether they are or not. They are bringing out love and caring in a community that's in need of comfort and courage. People are comforting one another here. People are telling each other that no matter who has hurt them in the past, they are loved and uplifted by people they have never even met.

I don't know how or why that bothers some people. I have to assume that the trolls are just afraid -- afraid of being vulnerable again, afraid of being fooled again, afraid of facing death, maybe without a Mark to hold their hand. So I send my love out to the doubters too.

by Anonymousreply 57November 22, 2022 11:30 PM

Exactly R57! I couldn't have said it any better. I don't care if they're real either, the feelings they've elicited are real and for people who enjoy pointless bitchery, this is a good thing. It's brought out our caring side and that's a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 58November 22, 2022 11:35 PM

Not giving up on the blog! Only when you are ready of course Mark, as I assume it will fall to it being your job to get it sorted. Very much hoping you both decide to do so. We have lost so must history. This would be invaluable.

No pressure :)

by Anonymousreply 59November 22, 2022 11:37 PM

What is an EST?

by Anonymousreply 60November 22, 2022 11:40 PM

r60 Extra Sexual Terrestrial, Rose

by Anonymousreply 61November 22, 2022 11:43 PM

Best wishes to you, Joe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62November 22, 2022 11:44 PM

R60 elaborate scenario troll, which basically means what it sounds like

by Anonymousreply 63November 22, 2022 11:50 PM

Once again Rob and I send you our best wishes from The Land Downunder.

by Anonymousreply 64November 22, 2022 11:56 PM

I thought Muriel banned the use of that term in r60's question - both the acronym and the full version.

by Anonymousreply 65November 22, 2022 11:57 PM

Thank you for sharing your story and your life with Mark, Joe. It can’t have been easy to open up and be vulnerable, but I’m glad you did, especially as a longtime Datalounger.

We will remember you, friend. ❤️ Peace be with you.

by Anonymousreply 66November 23, 2022 12:11 AM

All the love in the world to Joe and Mark.

by Anonymousreply 67November 23, 2022 12:16 AM

Love and peace to Joe and Mark, from this solitary old curmudgeon whose icy heart was warmed by your love and devotion to each other. So much love.

by Anonymousreply 68November 23, 2022 12:34 AM

You should invite Lorna to sing at the memorial.

by Anonymousreply 69November 23, 2022 12:42 AM

We’re here to the end with you, Joe!

by Anonymousreply 70November 23, 2022 2:24 AM

I like blue

by Anonymousreply 71November 23, 2022 2:26 AM

Wishing you both peace and comfort today Joe! --Warmly, your neighbor to the south.💞

by Anonymousreply 72November 23, 2022 2:26 AM

P.S. Joe I think you may have inadvertently started a new worldwide trend! We will see

by Anonymousreply 73November 23, 2022 2:28 AM

Goodbye Joe. We are here with you. You gotta have friends…and you do.

by Anonymousreply 74November 23, 2022 2:47 AM

R57, pretty sure the troll is someone who started their own EST which didn't go very far, and he got mad about it. I wouldn't put too much thought into it, sometimes a troll is just a troll.

by Anonymousreply 75November 23, 2022 2:49 AM

Rip Van Winkle at r65, Muriel banned accusations of ESTs back in 2009, and gave up enforcing that ban within a few months. You're saying you haven't seen anyone call a post an EST in 13 years? Weird.

Joe doesn't seem like an EST in the slightest, and it doesn't really matter if it is, because it's not causing any harm or strife on here.

by Anonymousreply 76November 23, 2022 2:51 AM

I love you, Joe. May your journey be easy.

by Anonymousreply 77November 23, 2022 3:01 AM

I'm holding you in my heart Joe. May you - may we all - discover a luminous and miraculous world beyond this sordid and baffling one.

xxoo

by Anonymousreply 78November 23, 2022 3:23 AM

That's right R78, energy doesn't die, it just transfers.

by Anonymousreply 79November 23, 2022 3:34 AM

Peace, Joe.

by Anonymousreply 80November 23, 2022 3:40 AM

If I don’t meet you no more in this world, I’ll meet you in the next one, and don’t be late. 💙

by Anonymousreply 81November 23, 2022 3:49 AM

[quote]Rip Van Winkle at [R65], Muriel banned accusations of ESTs back in 2009, and gave up enforcing that ban within a few months. You're saying you haven't seen anyone call a post an EST in 13 years? Weird.

The incidence of actually using "EST" has gone way down. I never really thought about it. Most of the time, people just refer to trolls or trolling. Also, we all got into the habit of substituting other phrases for the specific words.

I mean, Muriel plays by her own rules and always has, so her lack of enforcement has never made that much of an impression.

by Anonymousreply 82November 23, 2022 3:58 AM

Joe, imagine the gaggles of bitter eldergays scattered throughout the United States, linked to their counterparts around the world. Their hearts are small, like the heart of the Grinch, but you have helped them grow at least three sizes. Joe, real or not, you have achieved a Christmas miracle.

by Anonymousreply 83November 23, 2022 4:00 AM

What exactly has pretend Joe said that is so inspiring and life affirming? The author of this EST is very dumb and unimaginative, with bad taste in music! He has lots of DL accounts and fake personas though. Notice how he repeats the same message to "Joe" from all of them? Sad and stupid. Funny though.

There's no Joe & Mark. There IS a 71 year old gay man who is DYING on this thread. Move it along freak.

You're grotesque.

by Anonymousreply 84November 23, 2022 5:03 AM

Big hug to you Joe, wishing you love and peace from Sydney, Australia

by Anonymousreply 85November 23, 2022 8:13 AM

May your journey to the undiscovered country begin with peace and love from those around you.

by Anonymousreply 86November 23, 2022 8:47 AM

Stealing this bit from Welcome To Night Vale:

We are eternal! We will not last!

Obviously, you know that when you die, the matter that is your matter will just become matter, no article attached. That matter will belong to any number of things. That matter is not you. That matter was never you.

But there is more to you than matter. When you die, you will not disappear until everyone who remembers you, and whose actions are affected – however slightly – by your memory, until all of those people die, and you are completely forgotten.

But even then, you are not gone. Not until all the people who remember and are affected by those people who remembered, and were affected by you, are gone.

We will not last!

But even then, you are not gone. Not until all the people who remember and are affected by those people who remembered, and were affected by those people who…and so on, and so on, and on.

We are eternal!

You will persist, ever so faintly, ever so slightly, on into perpetuity. Long after everything about you no longer matters. Your life is so small. But, in the setting sun of this universe, its shadow is cast down through generation after generation, until it gets blurry and hard to see…but still there. A breath of a wisp of a thread stretching out before you.

We are eternal! But we will not last!

by Anonymousreply 87November 23, 2022 9:18 AM

It is nice to see a large part of the community support you and Mark in this transition. Peace be with you, Joe.

by Anonymousreply 88November 23, 2022 3:41 PM

You want a physicist to speak at your funeral. You want the physicist to talk to your grieving family about the conservation of energy, so they will understand that your energy has not died. You want the physicist to remind your sobbing mother about the first law of thermodynamics; that no energy gets created in the universe, and none is destroyed. You want your mother to know that all your energy, every vibration, every Btu of heat, every wave of every particle that was her beloved child remains with her in this world. You want the physicist to tell your weeping father that amid energies of the cosmos, you gave as good as you got.

And at one point you'd hope that the physicist would step down from the pulpit and walk to your brokenhearted spouse there in the pew and tell him/her that all the photons that ever bounced off your face, all the particles whose paths were interrupted by your smile, by the touch of your hair, hundreds of trillions of particles, have raced off like children, their ways forever changed by you. And as your widow rocks in the arms of a loving family, may the physicist let him/her know that all the photons that bounced from you were gathered in the particle detectors that are her/his eyes, that those photons created within her/him constellations of electromagnetically charged neurons whose energy will go on forever.

And the physicist will remind the congregation of how much of all our energy is given off as heat. There may be a few fanning themselves with their programs as he says it. And he will tell them that the warmth that flowed through you in life is still here, still part of all that we are, even as we who mourn continue the heat of our own lives.

And you'll want the physicist to explain to those who loved you that they need not have faith; indeed, they should not have faith. Let them know that they can measure, that scientists have measured precisely the conservation of energy and found it accurate, verifiable and consistent across space and time. You can hope your family will examine the evidence and satisfy themselves that the science is sound and that they'll be comforted to know your energy's still around. According to the law of the conservation of energy, not a bit of you is gone; you're just less orderly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89November 23, 2022 5:16 PM

It was an honor and a joy to meet you Joe. Thank you for sharing your story and for creating such a loving discussion here at DL. I have followed your posts since day 1 and always look forward to see the community coming here to hug and keep you close to our hearts.

See you in the afterlife. Have a peaceful exit, sending an extraordinary amount of love to you and Mark. God bless. 💖💖

by Anonymousreply 90November 24, 2022 5:59 AM

I don’t know if this song had been posted on one of the previous threads, but this made me think of you and Mark.

Keep Me In Your Heart by Warren Zevon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91November 24, 2022 6:36 AM

Who is "Joe"?

by Anonymousreply 92November 24, 2022 6:49 AM

Good morning and a lovely Thanksgiving to both Joe and Mark xx

by Anonymousreply 93November 24, 2022 10:27 AM

Happy Thanksgiving Joe. I am thankful for you and your life well lived.

by Anonymousreply 94November 24, 2022 12:26 PM

I remember this from Dr Peter Jepson-Young, a Canadian physician who chronicled his journey with AIDS in the 1990s in "The Dr. Peter Diaries" on the CBC, especially the last two sentences:

[quote]I accept and absorb all the strength of the earth to keep my body hard and strong. I accept and absorb all the energy of the sun to keep my mind sharp and bright. I accept and absorb all the life force of the ocean to cleanse my body and bring me life. I accept and absorb all the power of the wind to cleanse my spirit and bring me strength of purpose. I accept and absorb all the mystery of the heavens because I'm a part of that vast unknown. I believe God to be all these elements and the force that unites them. From these elements I have come and to these elements I shall return. But the energy that is me will never be lost.

by Anonymousreply 95November 24, 2022 3:07 PM

Joe and Mark, wishing that you are holding close every drop of precious, pure and golden love the two of you have experienced in your lives together, and that today you are holding each other close physically, mentally and emotionally. I am giving thanks today to have been privy to your wonderful love story and know that the two of you will go on in spirit together today and for the rest of all days. Thank you for sharing with us. We love you.

r95, that was exceedingly beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 96November 24, 2022 4:33 PM

95…Gosh, thank you. ♥️

by Anonymousreply 97November 24, 2022 8:50 PM

Is this an awkward time to ask about your stuff?

by Anonymousreply 98November 24, 2022 8:57 PM

Love you Joe and praying for you and Mark.

by Anonymousreply 99November 24, 2022 9:27 PM

Joe, It has stayed with me for 30 years, and R89's comment reminded me of it. I hope it brings you some comfort. You will always be part of the cosmos.

by Anonymousreply 100November 24, 2022 9:27 PM

I remember Dr. Peter and his video journals. His documentation of his battle with AIDS was heartbreaking. I’d post one of his videos, but this isn’t the time for that. I’m sure they’re on YouTube.

by Anonymousreply 101November 24, 2022 11:49 PM

The Voice of the Night’s post at R89 reminds me of this, which I posted on part 2 of this thread:

How can we honor the memory of a man like Leonard Hanlin?

Well...he was governed by the laws of physics as are all living things. It is a scientific fact that hearts and clocks slow down as they approach the speed of light: the point at which matter is converted into energy. Dr. Hanlin's heart approached that speed on Friday evening, at 7:57, according to the coroner, converting his matter into energy, into pure white light. Though he is no longer with us, he is all around us.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102November 25, 2022 12:06 AM

R101. They are—I checked. I know I must have seen them, but I want to watch them again—it’s been many years.

by Anonymousreply 103November 25, 2022 12:13 AM

Yes, R103, I looked too. “The Broadcast Tapes of Dr. Peter - HBO (1993)” includes Dr. Peter’s words VOTN quotes at the end of the film.

by Anonymousreply 104November 25, 2022 12:56 AM

I’m looking forward to next summer’s thread, “Goodbye frieds - my last vacation to Provence”.

by Anonymousreply 105November 25, 2022 12:59 AM

Sending muck.love to you both. Ill be praying.for you both as will my family.❤🙏

by Anonymousreply 106November 25, 2022 1:00 AM

Sending love and peace to you and Mark this Thanksgiving. I'm sure both of you are more than thankful for each other. And I'm thankful for you reminding me that in the LGB world, longtime love is just as possible as anyone who isn't. When the time comes, I hope you experience absolute beauty and wonderment never before imagined. ♥

by Anonymousreply 107November 25, 2022 1:23 AM

Sending you both positive energy as the journey continues. May you find peace in your love and the memories made together. All the best from North Carolina.

by Anonymousreply 108November 25, 2022 2:16 AM

Wishing you peace and love Joe and Mark.

by Anonymousreply 109November 25, 2022 2:34 AM

Oh God, this scene always stayed with me since the Seventies. If you are going to go, go on your own terms, and surrounded by beauty.

All my love, Joe and Mark.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110November 25, 2022 2:39 AM

For OP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111November 25, 2022 4:21 PM

[quote]It is nice to see a large part of the community support you and Mark in this transition.

See, we're all trannies in the end!

Hi, Joe!

by Anonymousreply 112November 25, 2022 5:05 PM

Getting a sense of you both, I wondered if you would wait till after Thanksgiving if you were able to.

Godspeed when the time is right, darling stranger and so much love to your husband of 50 years.

May Mark be surrounded by your everlasting and mutual love , Joe, and upheld in light and energy always.

by Anonymousreply 113November 25, 2022 6:03 PM

You and Mark have inspired me, a gen z gay guy in many ways that you can't imagine. Peace and love to you both.

by Anonymousreply 114November 25, 2022 6:13 PM

R114 what have they moved you to do, little Zoomer? Just curious.

by Anonymousreply 115November 25, 2022 6:23 PM

I'm really sorry, OP. ❤🙏

by Anonymousreply 116November 25, 2022 6:31 PM

Good morning, Joe, just checking in. Thinking about you. Wishing you and Mark a good Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 117November 27, 2022 3:52 PM

Hi Joe, just wanted to wish you and Mark a nice Sunday. Hope the drugs are giving you the comfort you so much need. Love 💕

by Anonymousreply 118November 27, 2022 7:08 PM

Strength and honor, love and peace.

by Anonymousreply 119November 27, 2022 7:24 PM

Jolan tru.

by Anonymousreply 120November 27, 2022 8:22 PM

Peace and goodness be with you all of your days Joe.

by Anonymousreply 121November 27, 2022 10:54 PM

Peace, light, curiosity

by Anonymousreply 122November 27, 2022 10:55 PM

Joe, hope you’re sitting comfortably next to Mark this evening.

Thank you for your inspiring love story. We should all be so lucky.

by Anonymousreply 123November 28, 2022 1:14 AM

Joe your life with Mark gives me a glimpse of hope that I will find love one day. I gave up years ago and your story show us it is indeed possible. Thank you for that and for sharing your journey.

Peace and love to both of you.

by Anonymousreply 124November 28, 2022 5:14 AM

Sending much love. You are both in my thoughts every day.

by Anonymousreply 125November 28, 2022 10:52 AM

A song...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126November 28, 2022 10:57 AM

Love and peace to you, Joe and Mark.

by Anonymousreply 127November 28, 2022 1:10 PM

Goodbye to you.

by Anonymousreply 128November 28, 2022 2:01 PM

May flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

by Anonymousreply 129November 29, 2022 5:57 PM

Are you still here collecting goodbyes? I don’t know who you are, Joe. But you were a guy on this site, which is the most important thing. I’m so sorry for your loss. Or gain, or whatever. I hope you have a good Tuesday.

by Anonymousreply 130November 29, 2022 7:39 PM

Joe? Are you still with us?

by Anonymousreply 131November 29, 2022 7:40 PM

Love to Joe and Mark...wishing you both peace.

by Anonymousreply 132November 29, 2022 11:32 PM

Hope you are feeling comfortable with the drugs Joe. Your last post was last week so I would imagine you are probably under meds. Either way I’m sending you loving thoughts and may angels sing to you

by Anonymousreply 133November 30, 2022 6:11 AM

Much love Joe and Mark.

by Anonymousreply 134November 30, 2022 6:13 AM

But have we figured out the "stuff" situation?

{ Asking for a friend. }

by Anonymousreply 135November 30, 2022 7:41 AM

Don't forget to cancel your Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 136November 30, 2022 7:46 AM

Rest comfortably, Joe. Sending you love.

by Anonymousreply 137November 30, 2022 12:42 PM

suicide is painless

by Anonymousreply 138November 30, 2022 12:50 PM

138, get fucking lost.

by Anonymousreply 139November 30, 2022 1:35 PM

Hi Joe just a quick check hope you’re okay. Love.

by Anonymousreply 140December 1, 2022 12:29 AM

Well, I'm probably not the only one is vibing that Joe made his decision. I'm sure Mark will check in when things settle a bit. Of course I hope I am wrong but, I can't shake the feeling.

by Anonymousreply 141December 1, 2022 2:38 AM

Did Joe say whether Mark knew about DL? Because this thread notwithstanding, the place would be an eye opener for the uninitiated.

by Anonymousreply 142December 1, 2022 2:40 AM

r142 They shared literally everything else from the sound of it, I'm sure Mark knows and has the login and password. I think Joe would want us to know when he died. I'm fairly sure Mark isn't some fragile flower that this place would scare him off.

by Anonymousreply 144December 1, 2022 2:44 AM

^ You've been here too long.

by Anonymousreply 145December 1, 2022 2:45 AM

Sending so much love, Joe. Fly free.

by Anonymousreply 146December 1, 2022 3:02 AM

Love and peace, Joe. If/When you've passed, I know you'll be surrounding and holding Mark close to help him through your transition. So much gratitude that you let us share in this part of your journey.

by Anonymousreply 147December 1, 2022 3:20 AM

I believe that was the plan from the first thread. But assuming it would be pretty far down Mark’s to do list.

Anyway Joe might very well just be enjoying the morphine right now. If you are Joe and you are checking in, know how many of us are are holding you in our hearts.

(Also I believe we have a poster or two from close-by and it sounds like Joe would be obituary worthy.)

by Anonymousreply 148December 1, 2022 3:28 AM

Elder, I just checked obits that went up to right before T'Giving and I didn't find anything that would remotely resemble him (age, name, etc.). Sometimes obits aren't published for a few weeks though, so. Also agree, checking in here on Mark's part would be low on the list.

by Anonymousreply 149December 1, 2022 3:34 AM

Imaginary Joes don't have obituaries.

by Anonymousreply 150December 1, 2022 3:42 AM

I really hope Joe is enjoying lots of happiness on pain meds.

In our hearts!

by Anonymousreply 151December 1, 2022 3:58 AM

Greetings. It was a tough week but some things have started to help me eat bit more. I plan on passing the New Year if I can manage it. I can't bear to say farewell. Love to you all. Mark is doing OK. Lots of love around him now.

by Anonymousreply 152December 1, 2022 5:07 AM

It’s good to hear from you Joe. It’s late, I’m turning in. See you tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 153December 1, 2022 6:30 AM

Joe died. I’ve moved on. You fags should too.

by Anonymousreply 154December 1, 2022 6:55 AM

R154 please leave us alone and go back to your basement.

Joe good to hear from you. Know that there’s a ton of love from many of us here.

💖

by Anonymousreply 155December 1, 2022 7:04 AM

Ummm. Stuff?

by Anonymousreply 156December 1, 2022 8:43 AM

Wonderful to hear things have settled a little for you Joe. Xxx

by Anonymousreply 157December 1, 2022 8:59 AM

It's so wonderful when all of Joe's fans and followers from all over the country!!! all post at once! Within minutes or a few hours of each other. All with those dumb authenticated names. All with the same OLD LADY never been fucked or in a relationship EVER language sappy sorry language that "JOE" uses. Cuz that's how 71 year old men talk about their 50 year relationship. All the BAD songs posted from the 80s when the DL fake freak was in his thirties!!!

It's pretty hlarious that this freak keeps talking to himself from so many different accounts. He wants to kill Joe off soon. But he's edging it. Bitch don't know how to concoct or finish a decent story.

How can I miss you when you never leave Joe? If I'd shot you when I wanted to, I'd be out by now.

by Anonymousreply 158December 1, 2022 9:10 AM

Actually R154 made me laugh. This is the DL after all. We need the occasional shot of bitchiness. Even in this wonderful thread.

Joe, I'm thrilled you chose to make it to the New Year. I think hanging on for as long as you still want to is a great thing. Because why not?

If you feel up to it, maybe another Mark anecdote?

by Anonymousreply 159December 1, 2022 9:15 AM

Joe, it’s so nice to hear from you and it is great to hear that you are able to eat more. Whatever you are celebrating in December I hope it is very festive.

by Anonymousreply 160December 1, 2022 10:54 AM

Don’t listen to the naysayers, I fully believe you! 🙏

by Anonymousreply 161December 1, 2022 11:04 AM

I’ve been following but not posting. I do wish Joe and Mark well. So many internet friends (fiends).

So a long time ago when my coworker’s young relative was brutally murdered, this homespun video by unknown artists was posted somewhere as we all processed what happened. And it brought comfort. I showed it to my mom and she liked it, saying our physical energy presence never really leaves.

I searched for it again after my mom’s recent passing.

We should all desire to Dance in the Sky.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162December 1, 2022 11:35 AM

best wishes to the bowel surgery

by Anonymousreply 163December 1, 2022 12:08 PM

The troll is obviously the same one as before, the one who got banned for his posts. It doesn't seem like funny bitchery to me, seems like a personality disorder.

by Anonymousreply 164December 1, 2022 12:14 PM

Thinking of Joe and Mark in western Canada. XOXOXO

by Anonymousreply 165December 1, 2022 12:35 PM

Glad you found peace with all of your decisions Joe.

by Anonymousreply 166December 1, 2022 12:39 PM

R165, are Joe and Mark in Western Canada now?!?!?

by Anonymousreply 167December 1, 2022 1:28 PM

Yes, Rose, they're skiing Whistler.

by Anonymousreply 168December 1, 2022 1:31 PM

Santa Rosa checking in, Joe and Mark. So glad you are still here and having a better time eating. I'm about to embark on my holiday bake-a-thon. Wishing I could send some to you!! Happy to hear you want to hang around through the holidays. Much love and peace to both of you!

by Anonymousreply 169December 1, 2022 7:51 PM

Loving Joe and Mark in Southwestern Iran! AIDS Was Sent By God To Punish Gays.

by Anonymousreply 170December 2, 2022 2:43 AM

We had joy, we had fun We had seasons in the sun But the wine and the song Like the seasons have all gone

by Anonymousreply 171December 2, 2022 3:27 AM

I keep wondering if Joe and Mark are real. Then I think, one way or another, yes, at least in a deep, symbolic way. This whole thread of Joe and Mark has some deep meaning. I'm just not able to verbalize it.

by Anonymousreply 172December 2, 2022 3:51 AM

R172 It has shown me how awful we treat each other until we’re dying or dead (we say things in eulogy we never say while they’re alive). It shows how warm and kind hearted we really are deep down. My own theory is we all carry hurt and anger from past traumas. It feels good to let it out in anger or in bad behavior. It’s only when something larger comes along we heal making others feel better which is usually not enough in the every day hum drum of life.

Plus, we’re all steering at our own mortality every day, some more than others depending on age. I think we karma is real and get as much comfort from others as we give to those who are dying.

by Anonymousreply 173December 2, 2022 4:01 AM

*staring not steering

by Anonymousreply 174December 2, 2022 4:02 AM

It's tacky to post on this thread about how you're a good person because you're wishing Joe and Mark the best. At least take it to another thread, please.

by Anonymousreply 175December 2, 2022 4:31 AM

The whole thread is fiction. There is only one person posting as many. He's a very sick fuck.

by Anonymousreply 176December 2, 2022 5:59 AM

Joe so glad to know you are still with us and feeling marginally better.

by Anonymousreply 177December 2, 2022 6:48 AM

Our evenings have been quiet. Peaceful. We snuggle and watch favorite old movies we know for the last time. It’s all good. 🎄

by Anonymousreply 178December 3, 2022 4:21 AM

Love ya loads. Old films are neat.

by Anonymousreply 179December 3, 2022 4:23 AM

You people realize this is one big troll, right?

by Anonymousreply 180December 3, 2022 4:38 AM

R180 how can you tell? Enlighten us.

by Anonymousreply 181December 3, 2022 4:41 AM

And another one gets blocked.

by Anonymousreply 182December 3, 2022 6:21 AM

Glad you're feeling better Joe and are at peace and enjoying your remaining time on this planet.

Hugs and love!

by Anonymousreply 183December 3, 2022 7:32 AM

R180, you do realize we don't care, right? As much as I enjoy your smug, comic book guy, "ack-shully," as you shit all over the thread, please go back and peruse the many posters who have said that even if this is fake, it's brought out hope and kindness and other emotions we aren't known for but are happy to feel and show. Now go tell some kid you just ran over the Easter bunny and that they're adopted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184December 3, 2022 3:27 PM

r180 is being ironic, they're a Meghan troll and being racist on the Macron thread. Punch 'n' delete.

by Anonymousreply 185December 3, 2022 4:15 PM

Wishing you a peaceful and calm leaving and a joyous entering into what’s next.

by Anonymousreply 186December 3, 2022 5:40 PM

Old movies are NEATO. Joe is such a wise, deep, vernerated and articulate dead man! Such great taste and a long life. He can only think to look in Mark's eyes. Joe and Mark are such inventive names! Beautiful.

He writes in the same vague never been fucked platitudes of his creator TROLL.

Same NEATO taste in BAD music and poetry for illiterates. Just like all the TROLL's alternative account posters. Neat.

Goodbye Joe, you got ago, meyo miyo.

by Anonymousreply 187December 4, 2022 7:00 AM

R178 that sounds beautiful. A little bit of heaven. So glad you guys are able to enjoy that.

by Anonymousreply 188December 4, 2022 5:54 PM

Wake me when he's transitioned.

by Anonymousreply 189December 4, 2022 5:59 PM

Garlic, garlic and more garlic.

by Anonymousreply 190December 6, 2022 5:39 AM

Joe please tell Christine Mc Vie that Stevie Nicks made her letter about your death all about her as usual.

by Anonymousreply 191December 6, 2022 5:44 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!