Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

There's been a mass shooting at a gay nightclub in Colorado Springs at a club called Club Q. PART 2

Continue here

by Anonymousreply 369December 7, 2022 3:48 PM

Link to old tread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 20, 2022 10:57 PM

[quote][R591], those people don't use the same term for themselves and aren't force yoked with each other. They're allowed to refer to themselves with a single full me, not a higgledy-piggledy acronym.

No one is forced to used any acronym. The media finds it easy to use the umbrella terms because it would take too much effort (and no one cares) about the distinctions between individual components.

by Anonymousreply 2November 20, 2022 11:02 PM

'This was TQ+ bar, not a gay bar.'

How many of you have been to this bar?

I have. It was the lone gay bar in the Springs. It was pretty much set up for everyone.

There is no way this wasn’t a targeted attack. It isn’t on a major street, and you really have to know where you are going.

by Anonymousreply 3November 20, 2022 11:02 PM

We combine ourselves into groups for a political voice. The bigger the group, the more politicians listen.

Latinos, AANHPI, White, Black, LGBTQ--are all just a conglomeration of varied people brought together for similar goals.

The main goal is legal equality

by Anonymousreply 4November 20, 2022 11:03 PM

Which gay bar do the Air Force cadets go to?

by Anonymousreply 5November 20, 2022 11:05 PM

The reason we are LGBTQ is that we are all targeted similarly by hateful people and the politician they control.

LGBTQ were ALL blocked by the military, all thrown out of federal government positions, all forbidden to marry whom wanted to; all forbidden to congregate and be served alcohol, etc etc etc.

Only recently, when the GOP worked hard to break up the LGBTQ coalition, it focused on trans--specifically Trump blocking trans from the military and now, "trans are groomers" BS.

by Anonymousreply 6November 20, 2022 11:07 PM

Let's pray the Ukrainian military blows up all the troll farms. The world would be better for it

by Anonymousreply 7November 20, 2022 11:27 PM

Lady Miss Greenwald, truculent and missing the point as usual:

[quote]It's not that hard to just wait a few hours or days to learn the motive. [bold]Then go wild exploiting it for your causes.[/bold] The PULSE attacker had no interest in choosing a gay bar. All evidence showed that. But it played on stereotypes about Muslims and helped LGBT groups raise money.

Bitch, PLEASE. If a shooter chooses a synagogue or a Black church, we all know the message that's being sent.

Glenn is such a quisling queen. If anyone ever deserved a drink thrown in his face, it's this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 20, 2022 11:28 PM

R8, so pathetic when he claims "all evidence showed this."

Actually, no. The evidence showed lots of things ranging from he might have gone there in the past to he might have chosen it at random. Nothing was definitive. He's dead so we'll never know for sure.

And, as it has been pointed out, it doesn't matter. LGBT were slaughtered like cattle. We can only assume, knowing the history of how this country treats us, that we were specifically targeted. What a coincidence if he just chose the club that has among America's most hated people in it already

by Anonymousreply 9November 20, 2022 11:42 PM

Good article showing that the Club was a place for all LGBTQ, not just a trans or gay club. It was founded 20 years ago when LGBTQ had nowhere to gather in the city

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10November 20, 2022 11:46 PM

In addition to Lauren Boebert, another Colorado GOP coward has deleted her tweets inciting drags and calling them "groomers": failed gubernatorial candidate Heidi Ganahl, who was defeated a few weeks ago by out gay governor Jared Polis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 20, 2022 11:47 PM

Greenwald is textbook Russian agitprop.

by Anonymousreply 12November 20, 2022 11:51 PM

When the motivation of the killer comes out in more details (and police have already described what he did as a hate attack), you can trust Groom Groomwald to retreat into silence and not broach the subject again, exactly as happened after an arrest was made in the Ohio child rape and abortion case.

by Anonymousreply 13November 20, 2022 11:53 PM

Who is the hero who tackled the shooter?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14November 21, 2022 1:08 AM

Everyone saying "let's just wait and see" is hoping that outrage dies down by the time "all the facts are in." That's all this is. Don't fall for it. NEVER fall for it.

I hate that even DL regulars who are supposedly not trolls were on the other thread making fun of the victims. I hate that so many old people on here have let themselves get suckered by the trolls, because they think DL is a safe space and everyone who posts here is just being a fun bitchy cunt. These regulars don't use ignore, and they slowly, over the years, see so many "go dilate trannie loon you're erasing our gays and fucking little babies!" comments that it starts to seep into their heads. And here we are.

by Anonymousreply 15November 21, 2022 1:13 AM

Muriel should bring trolldar back. The Ignore function is a little impractical by comparison.

by Anonymousreply 16November 21, 2022 1:17 AM

Well said, r15.

by Anonymousreply 17November 21, 2022 1:20 AM

Wait and see what, exactly?

If a gay club was shot up, you assume immediately because it had gays in it—just like if a synagogue or black church you immediately know why

by Anonymousreply 18November 21, 2022 1:29 AM

R6, transgenders like Rachel Levine and Lia Thomas have always been free to marry. That's why the hetero T movement never cared about gay marriage and were mad it was made a priority.

Rachel and Lia just wanted to get into female private spaces.

Also, it was the trans movement that started talking about kids 24/7. Never much said about little gay kids during the marriage equality push. That's because the LGB movement was centered on adults.

by Anonymousreply 19November 21, 2022 1:45 AM

"transgenders like Rachel Levine and Lia Thomas have always been free to marry."

But transwomen who date men and transmen who date women weren't

"Rachel and Lia just wanted to get into female private spaces."

Accusing LGBT people of being sexual predators....very Republican of you.

"Never much said about little gay kids during the marriage equality push. That's because the LGB movement was centered on adults."

Republicans used the "think of the children" moral panic to try to ban gay adoption. And to whine about gay/lesbian themed children's book like Heather Has Two Mommies

by Anonymousreply 20November 21, 2022 1:51 AM

Also, R6, it was the T movement that encouraged parents to pursue surgical mutilation for their kids.

Such as the castration of Jazz Jennings at 17 and the double mastectomy performed on Chloe Cole at age 15.

I predict the "trans" movement will eventually have to rebrand itself to disassociate itself from the increasing stories of what was done to kids in their name.

by Anonymousreply 21November 21, 2022 1:54 AM

There's absolutely no reason whatsoever to focus on the differences between gay people and "hetero T" people at this moment. The shooter isn't trans. And he very likely hated trans. One of his victims, in fact, was an FTM. People such as r19 are doing the bidding of the Republican party - consciously so, probably. Republicans did this and only they benefit from such distractions.

by Anonymousreply 22November 21, 2022 1:57 AM

"Such as the castration of Jazz Jennings at 17 and the double mastectomy performed on Chloe Cole at age 15."

Fun fact: most teens who get plastic surgery are straight girls.

by Anonymousreply 23November 21, 2022 1:58 AM

R23 having your penis or breasts hacked off isn't "plastic surgery".

by Anonymousreply 24November 21, 2022 2:01 AM

R23, do these straight girls have their noses removed entirely?

by Anonymousreply 25November 21, 2022 2:01 AM

What do surgeries have to do with this crime? Are r24/r25 DeSantis supporters? Or Trump's?

by Anonymousreply 26November 21, 2022 2:04 AM

r24, yes, it is. Why is it wrong for women to remove their breasts but not to have huge implants shoved in their chests?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27November 21, 2022 2:05 AM

Can the anti-trans people just fuck off right now?

We should be focusing on what's important: finding a picture of the guy that subdued the gunman so we can decide how hard we want to blow him.

by Anonymousreply 28November 21, 2022 2:08 AM

Apple didn't fall far from the tree

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29November 21, 2022 2:09 AM

Club Q. I am G, not Q. I do not care.

by Anonymousreply 30November 21, 2022 2:13 AM

R26, it came up because R6 was using this tragedy to mischaracterize the trans movement.

For example, R6 was complaining about the T movement being labelled as groomers despite readily available testimony from a growing list of victims about how the T movement encouraged them to mutilate themselves.

by Anonymousreply 31November 21, 2022 2:18 AM

r31, yeah, and there are people who claim to be "ex-gays" - what's your point?

by Anonymousreply 32November 21, 2022 2:19 AM

The Face of Evil

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33November 21, 2022 2:20 AM

R33 everyone keeps posting that pic. That is the picture of the guy who ran over the girl at the Raleigh Christmas parade.

by Anonymousreply 34November 21, 2022 2:21 AM

R32 the "ex-gays" weren't targeted by the gay movement when they were little kids.

by Anonymousreply 35November 21, 2022 2:22 AM

Link/source, r31...I'll wait.

by Anonymousreply 36November 21, 2022 2:23 AM

r35, conservatives like you think acknowledging that gay kids exist or allowing gays to adopt children is "grooming"

Or letting kids read books with gay characters in them. Or watch shows in movies with gay characters

by Anonymousreply 37November 21, 2022 2:23 AM

R32 also transgenders pushed the idea that little kids never make mistakes about knowing which gender they are and encouraged laws to be changed to support this idea.

by Anonymousreply 38November 21, 2022 2:24 AM

R37, gay is natural. Trans is mental illness and cosplay.

by Anonymousreply 39November 21, 2022 2:25 AM

We told you, trolls: no potatoes left.

by Anonymousreply 40November 21, 2022 2:27 AM

R32, it's not surprising that you have no compassion for the kids deeply damaged by these experiments.

by Anonymousreply 41November 21, 2022 2:29 AM

Suck on it, trolls. You tried to derail Buffalo shooting threads, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42November 21, 2022 2:30 AM

[R8] Nice to see that Glem is still Glem. He blocked me for pointing out that his speculation on Pelosi's attack was no different than those who were skeptical of his own home invasion. I think my exact words were "Because we all know every home invasion is actually some sex game gone wrong, right Glenn?" And since I know he trolls the DL, thanks for blocking me and letting me know I got under your skin, fucking ghoul.

by Anonymousreply 43November 21, 2022 2:31 AM

This only happened because the gay club had too many doors

by Anonymousreply 44November 21, 2022 2:35 AM

Why is Our Lady of Favelas wasting time trolling here? That underage cock isn't gonna suck itself.

by Anonymousreply 45November 21, 2022 2:36 AM

I’m flicking my bean SO HARD right now. More attacks! More!!

by Anonymousreply 46November 21, 2022 2:43 AM

Is the killer the fat one wearing the crimson culottes, in the snap at R42?

by Anonymousreply 47November 21, 2022 2:46 AM

Yup.

by Anonymousreply 48November 21, 2022 2:50 AM

There's a prominent man who is closeted who is posting his condolences on twitter. I'm tempted to post "Come out, gurl" as a response

by Anonymousreply 49November 21, 2022 2:52 AM

I would go so far as to call them palazzo shorts, r47.

by Anonymousreply 50November 21, 2022 2:57 AM

I think we all need to just take a deep breath, relax and listen to some "Music".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51November 21, 2022 3:02 AM

From the post at R42:

"In July 2021, a Laura Voepel posted a query on the Sisters of Colorado Springs Facebook page.

'Does anyone know of a fantastic defense attorney,' she wrote. 'I ask this with a heavy heart, but my family really needs some help at this time.'

In February, Voepel posted on the same group (for Mormon women): 'Hello Sisters. Can anyone please recommend a great trauma/ptsd therapist?'"

Wonder if the shooter was Mormon. Sounds like his mom might be.

by Anonymousreply 52November 21, 2022 3:17 AM

Chaya is the real victim here!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53November 21, 2022 3:43 AM

I guess that defense attorney did their job well r52, as the killer was able to walk free from the bomb somehow

by Anonymousreply 54November 21, 2022 3:47 AM

Homophobe Franklin Graham sends his thoughts and prayers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55November 21, 2022 3:48 AM

Culottes? Palazzo shorts? Y'all are too fancy. My grandma would call those "broke britches".

by Anonymousreply 56November 21, 2022 4:33 AM

That Chaya Raichik person is just awful.

by Anonymousreply 57November 21, 2022 4:47 AM

She’s beyond awful - she’s evil.

Next time someone calls you a “groomer” - and they will - you can blame her and her little army of Nazi shitbags.

by Anonymousreply 58November 21, 2022 5:03 AM

Raichik is a psychopath, that's all. I know that sounds glib but it's true; the Republicans coddle and cultivate the psychopaths, pharmaceutically incapacitated, the stupid, the bigots, and the result is a whole shitload of people like Raichik committing terrorist acts.

by Anonymousreply 59November 21, 2022 5:20 AM

[quote]I guess that defense attorney did their job well [R52], as the killer was able to walk free from the bomb somehow

Yeah, seems she found the "fantastic" defense attorney she was seeking. Looks like the killer eventually wasn't even on anyone's radar after the bomb threat.

by Anonymousreply 60November 21, 2022 5:20 AM

[quote] It isn’t on a major street, and you really have to know where you are going.

Could he have been there before? Maybe he's self-loathing.

I understand wanting to seal your past life, but we really have to rethink this. Every special interest group wants to do this. Changing names, changing history. You have a right to due process but not to forced amnesia on the rest of the world.

by Anonymousreply 61November 21, 2022 5:33 AM

In the family snap it looks like the grandpa is doing the Nazi salute, just not raising his arm as high.

by Anonymousreply 62November 21, 2022 6:28 AM

[quote]Who is the hero who tackled the shooter?

Marsha P. Johnson!

Everyone knows that!

by Anonymousreply 63November 21, 2022 7:11 AM

The mother of the Colorado Springs nightclub shooter, Anderson Lee Aldrich, follows several gun manufacturers and gun themed accounts on Instagram. She’s heavily invested in killing machines.

by Anonymousreply 64November 21, 2022 7:21 AM

The media just follows what the activists and politicians who are conditioned by the activists tell them to write, r2.

Case in point. Club Q was initially described as a gay club in the media. Then the articles were edited and it became an LGBTQ club.

And, yes, we are all forced to use this acronym.

by Anonymousreply 65November 21, 2022 7:24 AM

Hi Mommy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66November 21, 2022 7:24 AM

R10, yeah, I'm sure a club for "all LGBTQ" (a concept that didn't really exist 20 years ago) would really be a safe space for lesbians and bisexual women, who on the one hand will be faced by biological men (transwomen) trying to hit on them and calling them transphobic if they say no and on the other hand will be faced by the mutilated bodies of self-hating females (mostly lesbians, so also with internalised homophobia) and all the current rhetoric that, e.g. if you're a butch lesbian you must really be trans.

by Anonymousreply 67November 21, 2022 7:29 AM

Repugs already saying you cant assume just because someone is a grandson of a Repug that they have the same believes. True but NOT IS THIS CASE. His daughter, the shooter's mother is also a gun nut so the apple does not fall far from the tree. Like Mother like shooter.

by Anonymousreply 68November 21, 2022 7:34 AM

R37, homophobic parents who don't want their "effeminate" little boy to grow up gay are behind much of this push to trans little kids (e.g. Jazz Jennings, the woman who runs the Mermaids "charity" for "trans kids" in the UK, who transed her young son because her husband didn't want a gay son).

by Anonymousreply 69November 21, 2022 7:35 AM

I watched that video R51. Those poor workmen. Why? I don't understand any of it and I won't respond to it.

by Anonymousreply 70November 21, 2022 7:39 AM

I've said it before and got swamped by trolls on this board. I have a very high up source who works for a UK Tabloid. The Anti trans propaganda that is published daily in UK tabloids is bought and paid for. One of the most septic UK tabloid whose links are banned here has a quota that it's reporters have to fill. A set amount of Anti trans articles. They know that it could cause harm. It is this years political bait to reel in the conservative voters to the Republican and Tory parties. Last time it was BLM.

by Anonymousreply 71November 21, 2022 8:41 AM

Is Dr Hilary Cass, past president of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, also "paid for anti-trans propaganda" for issuing a report, upon which youth gender services in England and Wales will be based, for recommending that children with gender dysphoria are not given puberty blockers but are instead given talking therapy that takes a holistic approach to why they might have dysphoria?

by Anonymousreply 72November 21, 2022 9:28 AM

R71, do you agree with Nancy Kelley, head of trans lobby group Stonewall in the UK, who says that lesbians who don't want to date penised people are prejudiced and no better than racists?

by Anonymousreply 73November 21, 2022 9:30 AM

Give it a rest, R73, OCD nutcase

by Anonymousreply 74November 21, 2022 9:31 AM

The one who should give it a rest is the nutcase at r71, who's always going on about his "source" at a "UK tabloid" and always getting it wrong. Like when he posted a load of ridiculous nonsense when the Queen died, supposedly told to him by his alleged "source" at a "UK tabloid".

And you, r74, should stop being offensive towards the neurodivergent. It's transphobic.

by Anonymousreply 75November 21, 2022 10:23 AM

Is it 100% certain that Anderson is actually the grandson of that Republican assemblyman, at least on the mother's side? Apparently Anderson, his mother and his grandparents were preparing to move to Florida. It would be odd if the mother was going to move with the father's parents to Florida, especially as the father seems out of the picture.

Randy Voepel is apparently married to a woman called Susan and raised his two children with her in California, while Laura Voepel's mother is called something like Pauline Pullman.

[quote]Bowman was under the impression the family was getting ready to leave Colorado back in 2021. Aldrich was living with his grandparents, who were in the process of selling their home in Lorson Ranch to relocate to Florida. Aldrich and his mother were supposed to join them before his arrest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76November 21, 2022 10:39 AM

The Denver Post wants to know: "Are you part of the queer community in Colorado Springs?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77November 21, 2022 10:47 AM

So many stupid, cowardly quisling terf gays, trying to seperate the trans, thinking you're going to be safe by allying with your own fascist oppressors. Loathsome as can be. You have hands in this.

by Anonymousreply 78November 21, 2022 10:49 AM

The fact that the anti-trans scum want to turn this thread into a referendum on how much trans people suck is a pretty clear indication that these trolls have absolutely no use for gays.

Is there any chance that some of you elderloungers who share these trolls' opinions about trans might actually read this thread, think about it critically, and realize that you're allying yourselves with people who don't care if you get killed in a hate crime?

A couple who had just left the bar moments before the shooter arrived said there were about 35 people in the bar when they left, and we know 5 were killed and 25 injured. That means nearly everyone in the bar was hurt or killed, and that means lesbians and gays were among the victims, and these trolls don't care. They just want to use the mass murder to push their talking points.

by Anonymousreply 79November 21, 2022 10:52 AM

Maybe Racist Politician Peepaw pulled the strings for little Anderson to not have to do time, for the multiple felonies for which he should have been jailed (threatening, bomb, kidnapping). Then, the Beached Hair Mommy placated angry, fat Anderson with guns, since for Republican man children, it's the firearms that make him a man!

by Anonymousreply 80November 21, 2022 11:13 AM

[quote]Is it 100% certain that Anderson is actually the grandson of that Republican assemblyman, at least on the mother's side?

There's no mention of it in the latest LA Times article from 30 minutes ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81November 21, 2022 11:37 AM

The mayor has described the killing as having "the trappings of a hate crime".

Right-wingers aren't having it: "so gang members that murder each other every day don’t hate each other ? Oh I get it. It’s only hate if a queer is involved. That makes more sense".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82November 21, 2022 2:19 PM

El Paso County is hostile to Colorado's "red flag" law that allows authorities to seize weapons and ammo when someone like Aldrich threatens others.

"Gun control advocates say Aldrich’s June 2021 threat is an example of a red flag law ignored, with potentially deadly consequences. While it’s not clear the law could have prevented Saturday night’s attack — such gun seizures can be in effect for as little as 14 days and be extended by a judge in six-month increments — they say it could have at least slowed Aldrich and raised his profile with law enforcement."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83November 21, 2022 2:24 PM

Of all the threads Muriel leaves alone...

by Anonymousreply 84November 21, 2022 3:00 PM

R65, no one is "forced" to use any acronym and what's wrong with calling it an LGBT club since I'm sure bi and trans people go there

by Anonymousreply 85November 21, 2022 4:44 PM

R73, well tons of gay men who post here obsess over straight men and admit to pretending to be women to catfish straight men online....

by Anonymousreply 86November 21, 2022 4:47 PM

Again, the anti-trans trolls on here screaming about baby penises getting mutilated and such are CAUSING the slaughtering of LGBT people.

YOU ARE DOING THIS!

by Anonymousreply 87November 21, 2022 4:54 PM

^Bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 88November 21, 2022 4:57 PM

[quote] Is Dr Hilary Cass, past president of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, also "paid for anti-trans propaganda" for issuing a report, upon which youth gender services in England and Wales will be based, for recommending that children with gender dysphoria are not given puberty blockers but are instead given talking therapy that takes a holistic approach to why they might have dysphoria?

Great, she gives a recommendation, So? It's one voice in a group of 100. She may be right, she may be wrong. She may have a political agenda. It's not yet the majority view of those who work and care for trans kids at this point.

It's pathetic when people pull out the views of one person and try to convince everyone it's the standard view.

by Anonymousreply 89November 21, 2022 4:58 PM

[quote] ^Bullshit.

When the Buffalo killer's manifesto has the exact same language against trans that DL trolls do, when a killer mows down LGBT patrons at a bar, when people show up with guns to drag shows---There's a DIRECT EFFECT from internet shit like this.

YOU ARE KILLING PEOPLE!

by Anonymousreply 90November 21, 2022 5:00 PM

R90 said it. Not much else needs to be added - hate speech has its consequences (unfortunately).

by Anonymousreply 91November 21, 2022 5:40 PM

[quote] Is it 100% certain that Anderson is actually the grandson of that Republican assemblyman, at least on the mother's side? Apparently Anderson, his mother and his grandparents were preparing to move to Florida. It would be odd if the mother was going to move with the father's parents to Florida, especially as the father seems out of the picture.

Yes, it is, troll. You won't gaslight us or derail this thread. You were probably asking the same shit this May in the aftermath of the Buffalo shooting. Was it a Black guy you were hoping to accuse back then?

by Anonymousreply 92November 21, 2022 5:43 PM

To nobody's surprise (not even to Groom Groomwald's), the shooter is being charged with hate crimes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93November 21, 2022 5:45 PM

Groomwald's MAGA fans really wanted this not to be a hate crime. The Frau below wish it were a "crime of passion" or something related to drug dealing (those homos, right?).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94November 21, 2022 5:49 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95November 21, 2022 6:24 PM

One of the victims in the Club Q shooting is a Charlotte native. Barrett Hudson posted a video on Facebook from the hospital, saying he was shot multiple times during the massacre.

"I am doing amazing in my recovery, Hudson said. "I got shot seven times in the back with an AR-15."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96November 21, 2022 6:27 PM

A straight mom is one of the victims:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97November 21, 2022 6:35 PM

Oh well maybe they'll actually care if a straight woman died

by Anonymousreply 98November 21, 2022 6:40 PM

[quote] There's a prominent man who is closeted who is posting his condolences on twitter. I'm tempted to post "Come out, gurl" as a response

Adam Kinzinger?

by Anonymousreply 99November 21, 2022 6:53 PM

Colorado Springs -- #The Awakening

not #Strong. not #WeAre not #LivesMatter.

by Anonymousreply 100November 21, 2022 7:00 PM

Survived 7 shots to the back with an AR-15. See they're not so bad.

by Anonymousreply 101November 21, 2022 7:10 PM

Too bad Repub adults don't use them on one another, instead of children at school, olds at the grocery and churches, synagogue, people dancing and enjoying concerts, ecetera.

The AR lovahs ought to just make two lines, face one another, and shoot at each other. No body armor. It would solve so many of America's problems.

by Anonymousreply 102November 21, 2022 7:14 PM

MSNBC 3pm- "police are still trying to identify his motives". Hmmmm.

Do you mean, other than to kill a bunch of filthy queers?

by Anonymousreply 103November 21, 2022 7:16 PM

According to the tweet linked by R94: "It could be a hate crime, one of passion, or possibly a grudge. Maybe a Drug deal gone awry?"

The right is always desperate to find another reason for the violence the right encourages

by Anonymousreply 104November 21, 2022 7:21 PM

Republicans are evil. They're always hoping for for something like this to happen, inciting with their extremist language -- cf. Tucker Carlson saying parents need to take action against gay teachers "no matter what the law says". But when it finally does happen, they play dumb and act like they're the actual victims.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105November 21, 2022 7:40 PM

Maybe he tried to get a job there and they rejected him.

Who knows at this point.

by Anonymousreply 106November 21, 2022 7:42 PM

R99, no, but that guess isn't too far off

by Anonymousreply 107November 21, 2022 7:44 PM

Transman was one of the victims

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108November 21, 2022 7:45 PM

Is this real? The Mother was in on it?????? (She was in on it, active role as a lookout. Thats why she didnt shut down this page. She is on the run.) From FB.

by Anonymousreply 109November 21, 2022 7:51 PM

(109) This is the post on FB.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110November 21, 2022 7:52 PM

Would you be surprised? They seem such a lovely white, Christian family, after all.

by Anonymousreply 111November 21, 2022 7:53 PM

Tucker using Putin's playbook, r105.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112November 21, 2022 7:55 PM

From NYTimes re the guy who subdued the shooter. Times has a paywall:

COLORADO SPRINGS — Richard M. Fierro said he was at a table in Club Q with his wife, daughter and friends on Saturday, watching a drag show, when the sudden flash of gunfire ripped across the nightclub. His instincts from four combat deployments as an Army officer in Iraq and Afghanistan instantly kicked in. Fight back, he told himself.

In an interview at his house, where his wife and daughter were still recovering from injuries, Mr. Fierro, 45, who left the Army in 2013 as a major, according to military records, described charging through the chaos at the club, tackling the gunman and beating him bloody with the gunman’s own gun.

“I don’t know exactly what I did, I just went into combat mode,” Mr. Fierro said, shaking his head. “I just know I have to kill this guy before he kills us.”

The authorities are holding Anderson Lee Aldrich, 22, on charges of killing five people, and say that 18 more people were injured in a rampage at the club that lasted only a few minutes. The death toll could have been much higher, officials said on Sunday, if patrons of the bar had not stopped the gunman.

Mr. Fierro’s description of what happened in those moments in Club Q closely matches accounts given by the police and city officials and by the club’s owners, who have reviewed security footage from the massacre. When they were shown a picture of Mr. Fierro on Monday, one club owner, Nic Grzecka, said that he looked like the man who took down the gunman.

“I don’t even know his name,” Mr. Grzecka said. “I would really like to meet him.”

When the shooting started, Mr. Fierro said, he hit the floor, pulling a friend down with him. As bullets sprayed, he saw the gunman move through the bar toward a door leading to a patio where dozens of bar patrons had fled. Mr. Fierro, who served in the Army for 15 years, said he raced across the room, grabbed the gunman by a handle on the back of his body armor, pulled him to the floor and jumped on top of him.

“Was he shooting at the time? Was he about to shoot? I don’t know,” ” Mr. Fierro said. “I just knew I had to take him down.”

The gunman, who Mr. Fierro estimated weighed more than 300 pounds, sprawled onto the floor, his military-style rifle landing just out of reach. Mr. Fierro started to go for the rifle, but then saw that the gunman had a pistol as well.

“I grabbed the gun out of his hand and just started hitting him in the head, over and over,” Mr. Fierro said.

As the fight continued, he said, he yelled for other club patrons to help him. A man grabbed the rifle and moved it away to safety. A drag dancer stomped on the gunman with her high heels. The whole time, Mr. Fierro said, he kept pummeling the shooter’s head while the two men screamed obscenities at each other.

When police arrived a few minutes later, the gunman was no longer struggling, Mr. Fierro said, and he feared that he had killed him. The suspect in the shooting was taken into custody and remained hospitalized on Monday afternoon.

Mr. Fierro said he was covered in blood when the police arrived, and officers tackled him and put him in handcuffs. He said he was held in a police car for more than an hour, and screamed and pleaded to be let go so that he could see what had happened to his family.

Mr. Fierro, who owns a local brewery, said that on combat deployments in the Army, he had been shot at and had seen roadside bombs shred trucks in his platoon. His record shows that he was awarded the Bronze Star twice. The experiences of combat still haunt him, he said, and the psychological and physical toll of the deployments were why he left the Army.

He said he never thought he would have to deal with that kind of violence at home.

“I was done with war,” he said.

by Anonymousreply 113November 21, 2022 8:06 PM

^ "A drag dancer stomped on the gunman with her high heels."

by Anonymousreply 114November 21, 2022 8:07 PM

Yassss!^^

by Anonymousreply 115November 21, 2022 8:08 PM

So a straight combat vet "saved the gays"?

by Anonymousreply 116November 21, 2022 8:31 PM

No, you did, R116. Your bravery, unfortunately, only extends to trolling DL and alerting us of the evil of trans.

by Anonymousreply 117November 21, 2022 8:33 PM

Mallory McMorrow is talking with Nicolle. She's amazing.

by Anonymousreply 118November 21, 2022 8:36 PM

The guy who did it was a fat fuck. Prob autistic

by Anonymousreply 119November 21, 2022 8:37 PM

Knock it off with that shit, R119.

by Anonymousreply 120November 21, 2022 8:50 PM

Kudos to the veteran who took down the gunman.

by Anonymousreply 121November 21, 2022 9:04 PM

Now he has PTSD times two, r121.

by Anonymousreply 122November 21, 2022 9:06 PM

R122, this time I hope that he will have peace; he'll know that he saved innocent civilians,.

by Anonymousreply 123November 21, 2022 9:16 PM

I horny

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124November 21, 2022 9:18 PM

The teens need to understand one thing, you can be edgy and stupid at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 125November 21, 2022 9:32 PM

The shooter is the grandson of an elected CO politician who is also a magat.

by Anonymousreply 126November 21, 2022 9:34 PM

R126 CA, not CO.

by Anonymousreply 127November 21, 2022 9:38 PM

People are saying on FB that the kid's mother is on the lam, may have been with him standing guard outside when the shooting happened. A witness definitely reported seeing THREE people outside the club being cagey and avoiding showing their faces around the time. Is there any news to back up anything re Ms. Voepel, the kid's mother?

by Anonymousreply 128November 21, 2022 9:43 PM

[quote]Your bravery, unfortunately, only extends to trolling DL and alerting us of the evil of trans.

Trolling? Yawn.

Only a true trans apologist like you thinks that the ONE thing a woman needs is someone with a penis to mansplain womanhood to her!

by Anonymousreply 129November 21, 2022 9:53 PM

Right-wingers openly celebrate the shooting and blame LGBT people for it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130November 21, 2022 10:11 PM

Joy's talking to Barbara McQuade about no mug shot being released. I can't imagine it being a pretty picture.

by Anonymousreply 131November 21, 2022 11:13 PM

Lol r92, I never said anything about black men, but can you tell us just which grandparents Aldrich and his mother were going to move to Florida with, because I doubt it was with the Californian assemblyman.

by Anonymousreply 132November 21, 2022 11:15 PM

heavy.com says the following, so it's possible that the grandparents they were going to move to Florida with was just Pullen (and potentially a new spouse).

[quote]Divorce records on Ancestry.com confirm that Randy Voepel is divorced from Laura’s mother, Pamela Pullen. Laura Voepel also has another son, according to her Facebook page.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133November 21, 2022 11:21 PM

What a despicable woman. I grew up with my mom saying she'd never bail me out if I was doing anything criminal and when I see assholes on Dateline covering for their murderous spawn I am both disgusted and a little jealous. Like Ethan Couch's mom, these parents suck.

by Anonymousreply 134November 21, 2022 11:26 PM

Why were Aldrich's charges for trying to blow up the house last year dropped?

by Anonymousreply 135November 21, 2022 11:36 PM

R135, he's white

by Anonymousreply 136November 21, 2022 11:50 PM

R135, he was never charged, according to CNN.

by Anonymousreply 137November 21, 2022 11:52 PM

A drag dancer stomped on the killer with high heels. Hee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138November 22, 2022 12:05 AM

What kind of high heels... is what I wanna know?

by Anonymousreply 139November 22, 2022 12:09 AM

He had to look like raw meat, r138.

by Anonymousreply 140November 22, 2022 12:10 AM

Glenn Greenwald — who yesterday was telling people "It's not that hard to just wait a few hours or days to learn the motive. Then go wild exploiting it for your causes" — has now dropped the story and his Twitter is all HUNTER BIDEN'S LAPTOP.

by Anonymousreply 141November 22, 2022 12:13 AM

R141 You're right about Greenwald’s Twitter

Speaking of — Richard Fierro just gave a great quote:

“I had to protect my family… and that was everybody in that room.”

Richard M. Fierro, one of the people who disarmed the #ClubQ shooter, holding a news conference outside of his home in #ColoradoSprings @KOAA

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142November 22, 2022 12:19 AM

To be fair, when a trans man committed mass murder in the South and another trans man committed murder at a high school the media didn't give it much attention.

The media is also currently ignoring the trial of transwoman Dana Rivers who killed two lesbians and their black son in cold blood.

by Anonymousreply 143November 22, 2022 12:28 AM

R143 ... this is an FBI-classified Hate Crime, which happened on an FBI-recognized day of Hate Crime federal protection.

Trans people are murderers -- just like everyone else.

But the Club Q mass shooting happened on a "day of significance."

So this is significantly different.

I imagine — like MLK Day and Rosh Hoshana — Trans Day of Remembrance will soon become an employment day of observation. Like religious freedom.

by Anonymousreply 144November 22, 2022 12:32 AM

R144, could be a coincidence. Trans have so many days throughout the year. This seems to be done to keep them in the news.

by Anonymousreply 145November 22, 2022 12:34 AM

R144

It does "coincide."

That's the exact word the FBI hate-crime classification uses for Transgender Day of Remembrance.

"Coincide."

It's not subjective.

This is OBJECTIVE EVIDENCE.

No wiggle room.

none!

by Anonymousreply 146November 22, 2022 12:42 AM

That resentful hag JK Rowling is now liking Chaya Raichik's tweets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147November 22, 2022 12:52 AM

Another fatal victim: a trans woman. The fatalities, so far, have been one gay man, ond straight woman, one trans man, and one trans woman. Remember all the Republican trolls on the original thread sperging that only gay men died, so nobody should call the bar LGBTQ rather than gay?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148November 22, 2022 1:22 AM

Tucker Carlson pretending the shooter's motivation isn't known. He's just just been charged with hate crime -- and I doubt the category he hated was club-goers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149November 22, 2022 1:27 AM

This is great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150November 22, 2022 3:22 AM

Grandfather of the shooter sends his thoughts and prayers(TM).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151November 22, 2022 3:26 AM

[quote] Fierro described grabbing the suspect by the armor the gunman was wearing, dragging him down and using the shooter's pistol to beat him late Saturday after five people were killed and at least 17 wounded. The dead included the boyfriend of Fierro's daughter, identified by Colorado Springs police as Raymond Green Vance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152November 22, 2022 3:30 AM

Tucker Carlson is still doubling down on the anti-LGBT hate

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153November 22, 2022 4:36 AM

R138, I suspect that the transwoman was a biological male homosexual. It's also possible that the transman identified as a gay man.

by Anonymousreply 154November 22, 2022 9:14 AM

R138, perhaps we should call it an LGBTQS bar, as two of the dead were straight and it seems there were many other straight patrons.

by Anonymousreply 155November 22, 2022 9:17 AM

It's fucking nuts if he was never charged, r137. What were the police thinking?

by Anonymousreply 156November 22, 2022 9:18 AM

[quote]Wonder if the shooter was Mormon. Sounds like his mom might be.

Quoting myself from yesterday because this Washington Post article says that he was a Mormon.

It also says he changed his name from Nicholas Brink to Anderson Aldrich at age 15 after being bullied:

"Until age 15, he was known as Nicholas Brink, living in San Antonio, public records show. His parents separated when he was a toddler, and when he was 12, his mother, Laura Voepel, was arrested for suspected arson, according to court documents. She was later found guilty of a lesser offense in connection with the same incident."

"At age 15, he became the target of a particularly vicious bout of online bullying in which insulting accusations were posted to a website, along with his name, photos and online aliases, according to a review of the site by The Washington Post. At some point, a YouTube account was created under his name, featuring a crude, profanity-laden animation under the title, 'Asian homosexual gets molested'."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157November 22, 2022 10:21 AM

Throw Mommy in jail...NBC News says she is NOT cooperating...

by Anonymousreply 158November 22, 2022 10:24 AM

So this guy's photos were posted all over the Internet a few years back, and there's still not even one mugshot of him yet? Very strange.

by Anonymousreply 159November 22, 2022 10:53 AM

I long ago recognized that Tucker Carlson is a troll.

Why pay any attention at all to a Troll? Your attention to him, means he wins.

Yes I know VIP trolls help set the tone for the national zeitgeist.

BUT, being on social media - such as DL - and raging about the asshole Tucker Carlson, is preaching to converted. WE KNOW.

by Anonymousreply 160November 22, 2022 10:55 AM

I agree, R159. They seem to be treating this as if he's underage.

by Anonymousreply 161November 22, 2022 11:03 AM

Pretty sure the fat pussy has to be released from the hospital before they take his mugshot, R159. Hopefully the straight guy and drag performer beat him so fucking badly that they have to wait for the swelling to go down to fit his head in the frame of a photo.

Chances are better that he's whining for mommy and on suicide watch so they can't move his cowardly ass to take the photo for booking, yet.

by Anonymousreply 162November 22, 2022 11:03 AM

The mother had a past. There are three warrants open in three of four cases on Voepel’s California criminal record, according to Riverside County court documents.

Records show that the mother was arrested in 2008 for false reporting, in 2010 for speeding and failure to appear, and in 2011 for driving under the influence. In 2008, she was arrested in Riverside for public intoxication and failure to appear, but that case was closed.

by Anonymousreply 163November 22, 2022 1:15 PM

What a fine, upstanding Christian mommy this fat, murdering pussy has!

by Anonymousreply 164November 22, 2022 1:22 PM

Here's more information about him via his Mormon mom who had asked other Mormon women for recommendations for a "fantastic" defense attorney in 2021 :

[quote]In February 2022, she wrote, “Hello Sisters. Can anyone please recommend a great trauma/ptsd therapist?” and indicated it was for a 21-year-old, which Aldrich then was. She asked in May 2022, “Can anybody refer my son to a private boxing coach? He’s 6’6” tall and hits like a freight train. Cannot find a good gym or anyone serious. He has made huge life changes and needs this!”

by Anonymousreply 165November 22, 2022 2:06 PM

(Forgot the link.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166November 22, 2022 2:07 PM

Youtube account of murderous fatty

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167November 22, 2022 2:09 PM

2021 standoff video recorded by the murderous fatty

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168November 22, 2022 2:13 PM

The WaPo article said the bullies referred to him as an Asian homosexual. Is he part Asian?

by Anonymousreply 169November 22, 2022 2:13 PM

Website that caused his name change due to "bullying" (has been edited since shooting)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170November 22, 2022 2:19 PM

On Aldrich’s birthday, Laura Voepel wrote on Facebook, “My boys 15 birthday! He got head to toe (6’3″) ghillie military suit ànd he is surfing cloud 9.” She tagged her mother, Pamela Pullen, in the post, who Ancestry.com records confirm is Randy’s (Voepel) ex-wife.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171November 22, 2022 2:21 PM

He was what they call a "weeb." Right wing fascination with asian culture is well established. He is an incel pedo turned terrorist.

by Anonymousreply 172November 22, 2022 2:24 PM

[quote] “I had to protect my family… and that was everybody in that room.”--Richard M. Fierro, one of the people who disarmed the #ClubQ shooter, holding a news conference outside of his home

An absolutely beautiful statement and he's a straight guy.

by Anonymousreply 173November 22, 2022 2:25 PM

Like after the Pulse shooting, most right wings are refusing to say "gay"

by Anonymousreply 174November 22, 2022 2:26 PM

R170, what the hell is that website??!

by Anonymousreply 175November 22, 2022 2:30 PM

Better he is remembered as the fat, ugly, murderous fuck than by his name or face to be honest. Don’t let others like him martyr him.

by Anonymousreply 176November 22, 2022 2:34 PM

It's a garbage site, r175. Just sharing what I found.

by Anonymousreply 177November 22, 2022 2:38 PM

[quote]R175: what the hell is that website??!

Here's how RationalWiki characterizes it:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178November 22, 2022 3:05 PM

[quote] This is OBJECTIVE EVIDENCE.

Objective evidence of what exactly? At best, it's an inference and easily a rebuttable inference. You have to know more about the shooter's activities before you can make that inferential leap.

The other evidence may be there or it may not. If we find out the shooter was getting evicted or forced to leave and needed a job and he got rejected at the bar for work would that alter the inference? For the anal retentives in the back of the room, that's just an example, I'm not saying that happened.

by Anonymousreply 179November 22, 2022 3:10 PM

R156 Police arrest, prosecutors charge.

by Anonymousreply 180November 22, 2022 3:14 PM

At R168, so he reoffended wearing the same gear. Looking for a stage to act out. Now he tried a larger stage.

He may have thought a gay bar would get lots of attention and wanted to reenact the stand-off with police.

I'm thinking he's nuts but he could just be evil or a combo.

by Anonymousreply 181November 22, 2022 3:17 PM

[quote] He may have thought a gay bar would get lots of attention and wanted to reenact the stand-off with police. I'm thinking he's nuts but he could just be evil or a combo.

Um, and he hates gays

by Anonymousreply 182November 22, 2022 3:19 PM

[quote]Kraus, 23, who said he once considered Aldrich a friend, also told The Daily Beast that the 22-year-old suspect in the mass shooting at the LGBTQ club Club Q that killed five people and injured 18 more on Saturday [bold]frequently used the word “f*ggot.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183November 22, 2022 3:26 PM

The lack of constant coverage on this shooting on mainstream media is bothering me. Not to mention the Mormon connection. That church just had a prominent gay member leave and their PR support of the bill

by Anonymousreply 184November 22, 2022 3:31 PM

I guarantee you his gross mom was fucking him from an early age. Just keep that in mind and how much that would fuck with his head. His mom is a real piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 185November 22, 2022 3:35 PM

Right-wingers don't know what to do with the massacre: do they disavow responsibility or do they demonize the bar?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186November 22, 2022 3:41 PM

Gross, r185. You sound deranged. Stop deflecting from the gop fomented hate campaign.

by Anonymousreply 187November 22, 2022 3:45 PM

Fuck off, we're talking about his mom here, are we not? That will be one of the pieces of the puzzle.

by Anonymousreply 188November 22, 2022 3:46 PM

You have zero evidence for your assertion, r188. She is known to be an enabling criminal gun nut, you don't need to insert your own narrative.

by Anonymousreply 189November 22, 2022 3:48 PM

Homophobic gun nut. No surprise there.

by Anonymousreply 190November 22, 2022 4:42 PM

[quote]People are saying on FB that the kid's mother is on the lam, may have been with him standing guard outside when the shooting happened. A witness definitely reported seeing THREE people outside the club being cagey and avoiding showing their faces around the time. Is there any news to back up anything re Ms. Voepel, the kid's mother

Aha. That would explain why the PD cordoned off the parking lot and sent the customers home without their vehicles, at least temporarily, until they were searched for evidence.

by Anonymousreply 191November 22, 2022 4:53 PM

This useless, fat killer has as big of a p.o.s.mommy as Ethan Crumbley does.

MAGAt mommies seem to not be able to raise their sons to be able to handle life without shooting up the place. Hmmm....

by Anonymousreply 192November 22, 2022 5:00 PM

[quote]Kraus, 23, who said he once considered Aldrich a friend, also told The Daily Beast that the 22-year-old suspect in the mass shooting at the LGBTQ club Club Q that killed five people and injured 18 more on Saturday frequently used the word “f*ggot.”

The trans man murdered also referred to themselves as a “f*g”.

by Anonymousreply 193November 22, 2022 5:03 PM

R192 At least the Crumbleys were held accountable for illegally providing firearms and goading their son to use them. Hopefully that case set a precedent that will be applied to this one as well.

by Anonymousreply 194November 22, 2022 5:22 PM

R193, yeah, and so do some gay men on the datalounge. Your point?

by Anonymousreply 195November 22, 2022 6:07 PM

I'm guessing the point is that gay men can call themselves whatever they want, whereas straight women can't?

by Anonymousreply 196November 22, 2022 6:12 PM

I’m still astonished that there’s a drag club in that part of Colorado and that they’ve gone so long without being attacked by a right wing nutjob.

by Anonymousreply 197November 22, 2022 6:16 PM

He's a mess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198November 22, 2022 6:16 PM

R198 What mess? A few dozen arrests, incarcerated dad, terrorist threats, family gun fetish, emotional (and/or sexual) incest between mom and son? They sound like the typical, upstanding, Christian family-values family in Amurica..

by Anonymousreply 199November 22, 2022 6:23 PM

Oh you're not allowed to say emotional and sexual incest R199, I got a ton of shit for speculating on that in this, a thread where we speculate on shit.

by Anonymousreply 200November 22, 2022 6:25 PM

R200 I’m with you. Incarcerated dad, mom turns son into surrogate husband, creepy, gross stuff happens between them, son snaps and plans to bomb mother into oblivion. A Norman Bates in the making.

by Anonymousreply 201November 22, 2022 6:32 PM

^^Also, mom is a drunk, and drunks tend to have trouble observing boundaries.

by Anonymousreply 202November 22, 2022 6:36 PM

He supposedly made the bomb threat last year because he was upset that his grandparents planned to move to Florida.

Having not seen the mom’s Facebook page, has it been confirmed that she’s definitely still alive? The neighbor said she didn’t like the way he talked about violence and that that’s what they argued about so I can’t imagine her aiding him.

by Anonymousreply 203November 22, 2022 6:39 PM

“Relatives who wished not to be identified said that the incident started when Aldrich found out that his maternal grandparents were going to move from Colorado to Florida.“

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204November 22, 2022 6:57 PM

This is the shooter’s father.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205November 22, 2022 7:21 PM

[quote]The neighbor said she didn’t like the way he talked about violence and that that’s what they argued about so I can’t imagine her aiding him.

R203 There have been reports that after the bomb threats, his mother asked her friends on social media for recommendations about legal counsel — for her son. It sounds like she has a history of “aiding” him.

by Anonymousreply 206November 22, 2022 7:58 PM

Really, r205?

[quote]Aaron Franklin Brink (born November 12, 1974),[2] also known by his stage name Dick Delaware, is an American professional mixed martial artist and pornographic actor who competes in the Light Heavyweight division. He has competed for King of the Cage, RINGS, UFC and World Extreme Cagefighting. Out of 57 career bouts, only one has gone via decision.

by Anonymousreply 207November 22, 2022 8:01 PM

Dick Delaware...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208November 22, 2022 8:03 PM

Looks like his pa can 'shoot' too..

by Anonymousreply 209November 22, 2022 8:37 PM

“Aaron Brink is a former mixed martial arts fighter and adult film performer with the stage name “Dick Delaware” who is the father of accused Colorado Springs mass shooter Anderson Aldrich.

Aldrich’s dad has a colorful and checkered history that includes crystal meth addiction, mixed martial arts, porn, and time in prison.“

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210November 22, 2022 8:41 PM

Daddy was a hot daddy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211November 22, 2022 8:45 PM

Damn Daddy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212November 22, 2022 8:46 PM

The hero who took down the shooter was handcuffed and left in a police car for an hour

by Anonymousreply 213November 22, 2022 8:47 PM

“Brink participated in both wrestling and surfing in high school, but he ran into problems. He was kicked out of Huntington High for fighting, and from 1989-92, he was in and out of juvenile hall eight times for different issues.

“You’re in school, then the next thing you’re expelled, then the next thing you’re in juvenile hall for three months, then six months, then nine months,” Brink said. “I run from probation. I fled from the police. I had some problems.”

Soon, that included real prison time. Brink was arrested for smuggling marijuana from Mexico to the United States and was sentenced to time at Federal Correctional Institution Terminal Island. Interestingly, the stay aided some of his MMA skills.“

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214November 22, 2022 8:51 PM

“Aaron was a mixed martial arts champion, but at the height of his career he started working in adult films. Through the porn scene, Aaron was introduced to crystal meth. His daily habit took over and he lost both his film and fighting careers. He now spends his days using drugs and watching porn for hours on end, and his wife is at the end of her rope.“

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215November 22, 2022 9:02 PM

that is very grim. And now his son is a mass shooting terrorist.

by Anonymousreply 216November 22, 2022 9:05 PM

Crazy Trumpster grandpa, porn star dad, gun nut mom, mass shooter son. The all-American family

by Anonymousreply 217November 22, 2022 9:53 PM

The all-MAGA family, r217.

by Anonymousreply 218November 22, 2022 9:55 PM

How dud such good-looking parents becone the parents of such a fugly son? Fetal alcohol syndrome?

by Anonymousreply 219November 22, 2022 10:09 PM

^^Sorry, typing drunk. Ironic!

by Anonymousreply 220November 22, 2022 10:11 PM

We need to see excerpts from "Cum Drippers 4"!

by Anonymousreply 221November 23, 2022 12:00 AM

Turns out the killer is Mormon—a church that has spent the last 30 years working hard against gay rights

by Anonymousreply 222November 23, 2022 12:09 AM

The woman behind alt-right outfit "Gays Against Groomers" has gone on Tucker to say that shootings will keep happening until the evil trans agenda is defeated. If this isn't an admission that the shooter is on her side, nothing is. You've got to admire how flexible right-wingers are, though. One time, Tucker is saying that nobody knows what motivated the shooter, the next he's having other people say that shootings are bound to happen until his side wins.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223November 23, 2022 12:49 AM

[quote]Kudos to the veteran who took down the gunman.

How long until he starts receiving death threats?

by Anonymousreply 224November 23, 2022 12:54 AM

R224 Soon, I'd say. Republicans on Twitter are already speaking of donating for the shooter's defense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225November 23, 2022 12:58 AM

They'll probably make him into a hero like they did with Kyle Rittenhouse

by Anonymousreply 226November 23, 2022 1:13 AM

They'll probably go after his place of business first, R224. Watch for it to "mysteriously" burn down. Then, they'll dox his family and friends. Is his meemaw still alive? They'll go after her, like the trash loons they are. Tucker will keep his sheep abreast of the outcome (for celebratory purposes), I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 227November 23, 2022 1:15 AM

I like some of the responses to the link at r225

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228November 23, 2022 1:18 AM

There is a more recent clear picture of the gunman in this article as well as more details about the parents. The dad had a 1999 domestic violence conviction against the mom.

He was bullied at the age of 15, and changed his name at that time:

“The site, which resembles Wikipedia, has photos of Aldrich as a teenager and uses offensive slurs to mock his weight and accuse him of engaging in illegal activity.

The site derided an apparent attempt by Aldrich's grandmother to raise money for him to travel to Japan with classmates.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229November 23, 2022 2:45 AM

Whether you're aware of it or not, they're at war against us and there's no end in sight. It's "the Troubles," magat style.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230November 23, 2022 3:09 AM

Sorry if this has been posted

The shooter apparently identifies as ‘NON-BINARY’ and goes by ‘they/them’, according to court papers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231November 23, 2022 3:12 AM

Court filing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232November 23, 2022 3:13 AM

So they is part of the soup.

by Anonymousreply 233November 23, 2022 3:14 AM

This is the 4th multiple killing committed by a TQ in recent years that I can think of off the top of my head. For such a small community it sure does commit a lot of violent acts.

by Anonymousreply 234November 23, 2022 3:17 AM

He is lying. Probably getting advice from Bannon.

by Anonymousreply 235November 23, 2022 3:19 AM

R233: am glad to see you’re using ‘they is’

I’ve been advocating this usage to avoid confusion for a while

by Anonymousreply 236November 23, 2022 3:19 AM

[bold]What a freak show[/bold].

I bet he was a frequent guest at the Queer bar and some other Queer non-binary two spirit loser rejected him and caused him to go nuts.

by Anonymousreply 237November 23, 2022 3:20 AM

Oh lord, the discourse around this shooting is going to get toxic.

by Anonymousreply 238November 23, 2022 3:21 AM

R233 or maybe they are pretending to be to avoid charges that they were motivated by bigotry against LGBT. Just a thought.

by Anonymousreply 239November 23, 2022 3:27 AM

[quote]Never much said about little gay kids during the marriage equality push. That's because the LGB movement was centered on adults.

Thank you for demonstrating that you know jack shit about gay history or LGB rights , R19. I’ve seen this clueless jackass talking point trotted out by TERFs and gender critical ideologues quite frequently along with several other fabrications of gay history. It really is disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 240November 23, 2022 3:29 AM

R240 but it's true. The LGB movement didn't center on kids.

by Anonymousreply 241November 23, 2022 3:31 AM

R78, I don’t think there are that many “TERF” or gender critical gays in the TERF/GC movement anymore as there was several years ago. I’ve seen them losing significant amounts of support from gay men and lesbians over the years. I think some of them wised up and realised just how homophobic TERF/GC was, and still is, and it’s only getting worse. Hopefully they’ll continue losing supporters.

by Anonymousreply 242November 23, 2022 3:46 AM

R223, she looks mentally handicapped just like Tucker Carlson. Wouldn’t be surprised if she’s a child predator like Matt Walsh and Tucker.

by Anonymousreply 243November 23, 2022 4:03 AM

R242, yes, you’re right. Just in the course of the last year, I changed my mind. I still think there are a lot of things that should be better with the whole medical system but I realized that being obsessed with the issue from a feminist viewpoint was the result of a lot of online content that was giving me tunnel vision about the causes why people transition.

But I still believe there should be liver tests and other tests to reveal possible dangers and to give the medical community an incentive to fix problems.

by Anonymousreply 244November 23, 2022 8:54 AM

The GOP put about $50M into anti-trans political advertising this year (per WaPo), banking on it being the culture wars issue that would get the white women out to vote, but it turned out it didn't matter and no one cared. The Repugs didn't want to lose the independent/light right woman-voting demographic, but they knew women were mad about abortion, so the Repugs tried the transphobic angle. It didn't work.

Instead of reflecting on their poor performance at the midterms, the Repugs have doubled down, and now you can see with this particular hate crime that they've gone from "keep the tranny menace out of bathrooms" to "if they get shot it's all on them, they'll keep getting shot unless they stop transitioning," as the Jaimee Mitchell lady from "Gays Against Groomers" said on Tucker last night.

People need to become aware of the fact that these phrases like "gays against groomers" are Trojan Horses designed to make you think about the issue in simplistic terms, to reel you in, then to hit you with the crazy stuff later on, but by then you'll have been so indoctrinated you won't notice how crazy it is.

That's one reason why so many of these threads are 80% people who now believe drag queens are trans people. You wouldn't have seen this kind of confusion earlier in 2022, but you do now, because DLers are being assailed with hateful rhetoric everywhere (not just DL) and haven't realized it yet.

A lot of people on here are at the "drag queens are trans" stage, and the next step is "trans people are all groomers" and they are going down that path, and I hope a few of them stop for a second, think about what's going on, realize what's happening, and change course.

by Anonymousreply 245November 23, 2022 9:11 AM

Re: my post at r245, seen on Twitter:

[quote]The point is to reel people in with seemingly reasonable marginal concerns (faux concern over women’s sports or something), with the long term goal of getting them to start thinking of trans people as pedophiles who have to be killed

[quote]Sartre said it very clearly: antisemites are not interested in truth, they do not respect words, they know to some degree that their claims are absurd. So is it with the eliminationist transphobes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246November 23, 2022 9:12 AM

"But I still believe there should be liver tests and other tests to reveal possible dangers and to give the medical community an incentive to fix problems." - In other words, r244, you're transphobic and want to deny trans people access to lifesaving, gender-affirming care.

by Anonymousreply 247November 23, 2022 9:13 AM

What a surprise - not - but the killer is non-binary, uses they/them pronouns and the title Mx.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248November 23, 2022 9:15 AM

Have they reported if he has a history of taking psychotropic medication? Seems to be a common thread in mass murderers.

by Anonymousreply 249November 23, 2022 11:48 AM

The shooter isn't known to anyone in his life as NB. He is known, however, as an easily angered homophobe. The they/them thing is a ploy to throw out the hate crime charge that police has already pressed against him. The Dataloungers having a laugh at this only prove they're part of the far-right propaganda machine, which is also celebrating this development on Twitter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250November 23, 2022 11:56 AM

Plus, r234, it's very easy to inflate the number of so-called "TQ+ shooters" -- just lie, like the right-wing did with the Uvalde shooter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251November 23, 2022 11:59 AM

Don't forget that other Colorado shooter and transman, Alec McKinney, r250.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252November 23, 2022 12:03 PM

GCs tend to think of transmen as either naive lesbians who've been manipulated by the patriarchy into hating themselves, or as innocent little girls who've been led away from the traditional life that is best for them by predatory grooming homosexuals . Just like real homophobia is reserved to gay men rather than lesbians, GCs leave the bulk of their dehumanizing rhetoric to trans women. I don't know of any MTF shooters, though.

by Anonymousreply 253November 23, 2022 12:11 PM

There's just been a mass shooting at a Walmart. Seven dead including the gunman. I didn't see a thread. I'm not creating one. Happy Thanksgiving, DL!

by Anonymousreply 254November 23, 2022 12:18 PM

Oh, look, the little Aldrich kid is "non-binary." Thank GOD they will be addressing the defendant as "herm" or "hisn't" or "she-it" or some such!! FUCKING HILARIOUS. Into the realm of insanity we've gone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255November 23, 2022 12:41 PM

If yiu can't recognize this move by the shooter's defense attorneys for what it is, contact me, I'd like to present you a friend of mine who's a prince in Nigeria.

by Anonymousreply 256November 23, 2022 12:44 PM

Oh look, another toxic straight incel trying to identify as they/them trans-adjacent ala Ezra to get out of hate crime charges. Just some woke on woke crime, nothing to see here. Puhleez, we see through this shit.

by Anonymousreply 257November 23, 2022 12:45 PM

More detailed (and strange) info:

The accused gunman’s birth name was Nicholas Brink, with a nickname of Nick Brink, according to The Washington Post, which reported that the shooter sought a name change due to “online bullying.” Heavy has confirmed the 2016 name change with Bexar County, Texas, court records. The Denver Gazette reported that the name change came because Aldrich wanted to distance from his father, Aaron Brink, an adult film performer named “Dick Delaware” who has a criminal history and crystal meth addiction.

The online bullying involved a Wikipedia-like page targeted Aldrich. It’s still up, and someone has now updated it with the Club Q shooting. “Anderson Lee Aldrich a.k.a. Joclings (Deadname: Nick Brink) is a l33t hax0r, pedophile and f** killer from Texas that graduated from CSIII at the top of his class and weighs well over 9000 kilograms,” the site says. “Spending all day lurking in the depths of the internet on child porn sites and gaming forums, if you so much as glanced in his direction, he’d immediately attempt to overpower you with his fat and tell you all about his success on the internet.”

The cruel site included photos of Aldrich with the phrase, “That’s a face only a mother could love. Too bad she’s gone now.” The site makes unverified claims about Aldrich’s family life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258November 23, 2022 12:48 PM

That cowardly shitbag claiming NB now is continuing his assault, he's just no longer using a firearm.

Guys like this are irredeemable monsters.

by Anonymousreply 259November 23, 2022 12:49 PM

More from the "Wikipedia-like page" referenced at R258:

When he wasn't hunting for kids to lure into his sexual fantasies, you could find him indulging in worthless Chinese cartoons. Like all intellectual individuals, he's tried to take a trip to the holy land so that he can legally molest children. His attempt at gathering funds, led by his grandmother, inevitably failed because who wants to send an antisocial loser to best country where he'll just eat, sleep, and try to pick up women? Due to being molested by his both his mother and father, he lived with his grandmother Pamela Pullen -- who somehow manages to always have enough money to put towards food in order to keep this balloon from deflating. This all changed when last thursday he changed his name due to "online bullying" and then shot up a gay bar in Colorado. It wasn't our fault, we swear!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260November 23, 2022 12:52 PM

Who would be updating that site? He's still being "bullied" online 7 years later...at the age of 22? So strange.

by Anonymousreply 261November 23, 2022 1:02 PM

So his online bullies, who were keeping tabs on him, don't know him as NB, either...

by Anonymousreply 262November 23, 2022 1:05 PM

R260, at the time that he was originally being bullied he was only 15 years old. Did the people who were posting that stuff back then know that?

by Anonymousreply 263November 23, 2022 1:10 PM

His lawyers pulled out of this air: He's binary!! He can't hate LGBT!!

So transparent

by Anonymousreply 264November 23, 2022 1:20 PM

This article twice claims the shooter had a "fascination with gay culture", but it doesn't explain what they mean by that:

"Shortly before he changed his name, the suspected shooter apparently was a target of online bullying and showed signs of a fascination with gay culture."

"There are indications that Aaron Brink's son had a fascination with gay culture. Aldrich, as Nicholas Brink, established a YouTube channel in 2010 using the moniker “TheAzzbackward.” He may have been the creator of an animated 45-second video displayed on the site called “Asian Homosexual Gets Molested.” It was the only video on the channel."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265November 23, 2022 1:25 PM

r264 When people scream "equal rights", it really means, "equal rights for non-criminals and criminals".

Non-criminal "they/them non-binary and/or trans (without completely 100% removing penises or 100% attaching penises)" just do exactly as this criminal "they/them non-binary Mx" : Declare one's pronouns and identity and people on the right side of history should say amen and obey.

Hey, there have been real cases of rapist criminal male trannies ("I'm a she/her woman") vs female victims. When recounting their stories, victims were forced to repent and use the correct pronouns and weapons of the criminal: "she/her/ladydick". There have always been the rabid "LGBTQ+ & allies" who come shrieking that "no one should be robbed of their basic human rights - correct pronouns and gender identities - regardless of crimes!"

Yeah, so transparently selective.

by Anonymousreply 266November 23, 2022 1:31 PM

R265, he appears to have been involved in gamer communities, some of which are far right. And as someone pointed out before, the Wikipedia like page is not really like Wikipedia, it’s from Encyclopedia Dramatica, a site populated by misogynistic, homophobic young men.

So he was active on the internet between 2010 and 2015 - during which he himself was a child between the ages of 10 and 15 - and then bullied for being a “pedophile” despite being a child himself.

by Anonymousreply 267November 23, 2022 1:31 PM

The ENTIRE contents of that ED "article" seems almost certainly to have been completely made up by a crazy person since this past Saturday...(??). Grain of salt here...

by Anonymousreply 268November 23, 2022 1:33 PM

R268 That article has been in existence since 2015.

If he's into lolicon, as the page says, that makes pretty clear he's part of the alt-right. Despite being legally considered child porn, it's everywhere on Twitter, being posted by Trump-loving Nazis with anime pfp's.

by Anonymousreply 269November 23, 2022 1:41 PM

R268, there were reports about it before it was recently edited. He essentially was gay bashed by far right groups online when he was 15 years old, and had his accounts hacked, and had his photos and name posted on the internet calling him a pedophile when he was 15.

by Anonymousreply 270November 23, 2022 1:45 PM

The whole Voepel-Brink-Aldrich clan win the "Filthiest People Alive" Award for 2022.

("Pink Flamingos" remade as a violent tragedy by David Cronenberg).

by Anonymousreply 271November 23, 2022 1:52 PM

Did he have a job?

by Anonymousreply 272November 23, 2022 1:57 PM

[quote] Did he have a job?

Don't worry, his lawyer will come up with something like "He volunteered all his free time at LGBT charities..."

by Anonymousreply 273November 23, 2022 2:01 PM

R269, he was 15 in 2015, and as previous news articles have said, the ED post was updated for about 5 months during that year. The recent edit is the first in years. Since his YouTube account was also hacked to insert a gay Asian video, the hackers who exposed him on ED seemed to have meant something by that I thought. While also calling out his being interested in young girls. But his DOB is 5/20/2000. He spent half the year 2015 not even having turned 15 yet. It’s not as though he was an adult looking at child porn.

by Anonymousreply 274November 23, 2022 2:06 PM

Wonder if the defense attorneys suggested the non-binary story or if the murderer thought it up.

by Anonymousreply 275November 23, 2022 2:10 PM

r274 It's not legal for teenagers to look at CP, either, sweetie.

by Anonymousreply 276November 23, 2022 2:14 PM

R276, are you telling me, he did illegal things????

by Anonymousreply 277November 23, 2022 2:15 PM

And aren't you folks supposed to be referring to the perpetrator as SHIM? Literal violence!!

by Anonymousreply 278November 23, 2022 2:22 PM

Yes R278, you don't get to not use their pronouns just because you don't like them, that's something we hear all the time. And no way do people claim trans or enby to get sympathy and into a good jail. How dare anyone suggest that! He is a woman merely by saying he's a woman and it's not up to anyone else to decide that.

by Anonymousreply 279November 23, 2022 2:27 PM

r278/r279 = Groypers who refer to gay people as groomers on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 280November 23, 2022 2:29 PM

From Wikipedia:

[quote]For the record, Aldrich described himself as "your boy" in a Facebook Live during the 2021 bomb threat that was broadcast at the 36 second mark of this Inside Edition video at least 24 hours before his lawyers described him as non-binary. Kire1975 (talk) 12:18, 23 November 2022 (UTC)

by Anonymousreply 281November 23, 2022 2:29 PM

R257, except Ezra Miller identified as non-binary before being charged with any crimes

This guy didn't

by Anonymousreply 282November 23, 2022 2:35 PM

R266, you're the one shrieking

by Anonymousreply 283November 23, 2022 2:36 PM

Yeah Ezra identified when he got arrested, claiming male cops couldn't frisk him, he identified as soon as people were looking askance at him for his pedo asshole ways.

by Anonymousreply 284November 23, 2022 2:38 PM

A Denver reporter is sharing the hateful messages she received from homophobes for her coverage of the shooting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285November 23, 2022 2:47 PM

R253, transmen are people of the female sex who in many cases are attracted to other females and who have chopped their healthy breasts off because they want to look "masc". Those of us who are actually lesbians ourselves (unlike you) know that this is becoming an epidemic among lesbians and bisexual women, especially because lesbians are little valued in the so-called "LGBTQ+ community" and in wider society. I've come across a number of same-sex attracted females who did this to themselves and now deeply regret it. The surest and quickest way to win praise and "social capital" as a female in the "LGBTQ+ community" is to get your tits chopped off and inject yourself with T.

Of course, you don't give a shit about the health of female bodies and the destruction of healthy breasts, they are garbage to you.

by Anonymousreply 286November 23, 2022 2:52 PM

R286 doesn't care about women getting implants shoved in the chest to look more feminine, just the ones cutting off their breasts

by Anonymousreply 287November 23, 2022 3:00 PM

R281, "for the record" is hardly accurate source citing. The incident referred to took place over a year ago - Aldrich could very well have started identifying as nonbinary in the 18 months since then.

In any case, considering he was trying to blow his mother up when he was screaming "your boy" at her, it could be interpreted as him throwing a phrase that she would call him but that he hated back in her face.

by Anonymousreply 288November 23, 2022 3:01 PM

[quote]Since his YouTube account was also hacked to insert a gay Asian video, the hackers who exposed him on ED seemed to have meant something by that

It was a variation of the ol' "yer a fuckin faggot" insult. I doubt it went any deeper than that.

by Anonymousreply 289November 23, 2022 3:03 PM

I don't like implants either r287, but at least they don't destroy the breast and can be removed.

The little pea you have for a brain evidently can't tell the difference between exaggeration and complete destruction.

by Anonymousreply 290November 23, 2022 3:05 PM

Yes, obviously, criminals lie to try to get out of being punished or to get better accommodations once in prison. Of course some criminals lie about being NB or trans if they think it'll help them out.

What that means is that criminals lie. That does not mean all trans are lying about their identity because they are criminals.

Not that any of the anti-trans trolls on here are smart enough to understand that.

by Anonymousreply 291November 23, 2022 3:05 PM

Aldrich is nonbinary according to lawyers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292November 23, 2022 3:19 PM

r286 is also:

[quote]R10, yeah, I'm sure a club for "all LGBTQ" (a concept that didn't really exist 20 years ago) would really be a safe space for lesbians and bisexual women, who on the one hand will be faced by biological men (transwomen) trying to hit on them and calling them transphobic if they say no and on the other hand will be faced by the mutilated bodies of self-hating females (mostly lesbians, so also with internalised homophobia) and all the current rhetoric that, e.g. if you're a butch lesbian you must really be trans

Such fictional drama.

by Anonymousreply 293November 23, 2022 3:41 PM

That's right r293, I'm a lesbian who stands up for lesbians.

As is very predictable, however, you make no effort to address the actual issues. Because you're a homophobe who doesn't give a shit about lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 294November 23, 2022 3:50 PM

Bless your heart, r294, lol.

by Anonymousreply 295November 23, 2022 3:52 PM

Yeah. Where's the evidence that lesbians were being attacked by anyone at that bar? It was seen as a welcoming space for all

by Anonymousreply 296November 23, 2022 3:53 PM

R292, "according to lawyers" would be the key phrase there

by Anonymousreply 297November 23, 2022 3:54 PM

R290, you're the one with a pea for a brain. Why do you care if someone cuts their breasts off or not? Why are you so obsessed with the fact that women should have big boobs? That's why you're pro-implant

by Anonymousreply 298November 23, 2022 3:56 PM

Wow R205 so that's his daddy? Man that apple fell FAR from the tree, and then was blown away by the wind.

by Anonymousreply 299November 23, 2022 4:47 PM

R296, there's no evidence that there were any lesbians at the club (unless you count the transman, who appears to have been a female homosexual).

The point was about "LGBTQIA+" spaces in general, where lesbians are jeered at and attacked for saying we are not attracted to transwomen.

by Anonymousreply 300November 23, 2022 5:39 PM

Reaction to pronouns

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301November 23, 2022 6:25 PM

[quote]In any case, considering he was trying to blow his mother up when he was screaming "your boy" at her, it could be interpreted as him throwing a phrase that she would call him but that he hated back in her face.

That's a wonderful movie!

by Anonymousreply 302November 23, 2022 6:48 PM

R286 Get off your cross. I watched the NYC parade and there were lesbians on display everywhere. It's gay men who are being hidden by "the community". Intersectionalism is the order on the day in LGBT circles, and in it gay men rank last. The only way gay men can be regarded as intersectional, if they're not POC, is by giving up on our manhood. So really, everything that you said about you applies better to us.

by Anonymousreply 303November 23, 2022 6:50 PM

From her the look of face, r301, you can tell she's seeing through the bullshit. The right loves to claim the new shooter of the day is trans. Do we know anything about the defense attorneys? Are they linked to the GOP or extremist think tanks?

by Anonymousreply 304November 23, 2022 6:52 PM

R301 linked to the New York Post. Right-wing rag

by Anonymousreply 305November 23, 2022 7:05 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306November 23, 2022 7:07 PM

R241, Again demonstrating you know nothing about gay history. You stupid trolls are so transparent in your lies, we’re not going to believe your BS no matter how much you spam the WWs. One would think you would have learned this by now.

by Anonymousreply 307November 23, 2022 8:31 PM

Wow, the dad is a really terrible person. He said when he heard that his son shot people in a gay bar, he was worried that his son was gay....then he was relieved when he found out he wasn't.

Imagine being more upset about your son being gay than your son being a mass murderer. Typical conservative family values

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308November 23, 2022 9:39 PM

Jenna Ellis says the victims are facing eternal damnation

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309November 23, 2022 9:47 PM

That's some mugshot!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310November 23, 2022 11:28 PM

Jenna Ellis will be known throughout history for one thing and one thing only - that she caught COVID from Rudy Giuliani's farts.

by Anonymousreply 311November 23, 2022 11:32 PM

Damn r309. I'm not usually surprised by MAGAts and their shit, but that was actually shocking. I would just say, there is no evidence that Jenna Ellis is a Christian, and even less that Donald Trump is a Christian. But I guarantee this cunt thinks both she and Donald are going to heaven. Everybody who refers to her in any way on any platform should refer to her as The Cunt Jenna Ellis, now and forever.

by Anonymousreply 312November 23, 2022 11:34 PM

R308 OH. MY. LORD. what a mess

by Anonymousreply 313November 24, 2022 12:36 AM

R310: I know right?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314November 24, 2022 1:18 AM

He got the face he deserves

by Anonymousreply 315November 24, 2022 1:21 AM

[Quote] He got the face he deserves

(^.^) so dd his father @ R308

by Anonymousreply 316November 24, 2022 3:14 AM

Mormons and conservatives don't "do gay" apparently

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317November 24, 2022 3:32 AM

I was hoping the mug shot would be worse; "they" still has both eyes, for instance.

All that facial fat protected "them" from the worst damage a beatdown and stiletto heels could inflict.

by Anonymousreply 318November 24, 2022 12:22 PM

Actually his father’s horrid words about “We don’t do gay” will support the fact that his is a hate crime

by Anonymousreply 319November 24, 2022 1:20 PM

R319, the father also said he encouraged his son to be violent as a child and trained him to fight, which doesn’t match the official custody records claiming they had no contact.

The father was also arrested in connection with an armed burglary in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 320November 24, 2022 1:36 PM

“He also told the reporters that he had previously praised his child for violent behaviour.

“I told him it works, it’s instant and you will get immediate results,” he said.“

The mom had posted in Feb 2022 that her son, who is 6’6 and heavy, could “hit like a freight train”.

The dad had dabbled in gay for pay porn, which became public knowledge after the Intervention episode aired on television. That could have led to the online harassment that Aldrich experienced as a teenager. Plus I don’t think it helped that whoever exposed him for looking at underage porn when he was a teenager (apparently porn of young girls) chose to mock him by putting a profane gay themed video on his YouTube page which he couldn’t delete. It would possibly have made him target his rage at being exposed towards gay people or at the idea of being thought gay and needing to prove he wasn’t.

I don’t believe his non-binary claim since the neighbor who has been in frequent contact with him up to the present made no mention of it at all and said that his frequent use of the word “f——t” came from a place of anger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321November 24, 2022 1:52 PM

The father is real nightmare fuel.

by Anonymousreply 322November 24, 2022 2:17 PM

R303, LGBTQ+ spaces haven’t been safe for lesbians for a while.

Let’s not fight amongst ourselves. We are already outcasts among outcasts. Lesbians have every right to advocate for themselves. Nobody else will. Same for gay men.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323November 24, 2022 2:24 PM

Right-wing media is having a celebration orgy over the NB bullcrap. That angry groomer Glenn Greenwald is already declaring the Liberal-Left Media Had It Wrong Once Again and it's CASE CLOSED now. Nevermind all the holes in that silly narrative.

On TMZ:

[quote]Andreson Lee Aldrich says their nonbinary, but not everyone believes them. Several friends have come out and said they never even hinted they were prior to the murders. Some believe they're saying this to avoid being hit with hate crimes in addition to murder and other charges.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324November 24, 2022 2:27 PM

“Sources tell FOX31 that the long gun used in the shooting was a ghost gun. It appeared to be fully automatic, sources say, allowing the firing of at least 40 to 50 shots before good Samaritans tackled the suspect”

The assault rifle used in the shooting was not a typical AR-15 assault rifle but a fully automatic weapon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325November 24, 2022 2:29 PM

R324, Dana Rivers is a straight white man who brutally murdered two lesbians & their son in 2016. He should have been prosecuted for a hate crime. But because he says he identifies as a woman, the fact that he’s male wasn’t even discussed at his trial.

Suck it up. Or end self-ID.

You made your bed. Now sleep in it.

by Anonymousreply 326November 24, 2022 2:35 PM

“Some dude walked in with an AR-15 and started shooting people, and I got shot seven times in the back," Hudson said. "I fell down. He kept shooting me. I got up, ran to the back door. I hopped on a table to climb the fence. I think it had barbed wire on the top of it. I'm not sure."

Hudson said he made it to a 7-Eleven where he was able to get help.“

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327November 24, 2022 2:38 PM

R326, Dana Rivers did not get away with secretly constructing an automatic weapon with the intent of using it in a mass murder.

The man who committed this crime hated the idea of being thought to be gay. He was mocked online and the mockery had a gay/anti-gay theme. It had nothing to do with anyone’s pronouns.

by Anonymousreply 328November 24, 2022 2:42 PM

Too many blows to the head for 'Dick' (NSFW)?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329November 24, 2022 2:43 PM

You mean the non-binary, r328. The Q shooter is not male. They is NB.

by Anonymousreply 330November 24, 2022 2:46 PM

[quote]They is NB.

Prove it, r330.

by Anonymousreply 331November 24, 2022 2:50 PM

They said it, therefore they are. We don't use gatekeepers, no one has to prove how they feel. We've fought for this right to self id and this is the natural outcome.

by Anonymousreply 332November 24, 2022 2:54 PM

r326 Dana Rivers had been identifying as trans 16 years before that crime, you retard. She even had a surgery performed to chop it off. This fat neckbeard on the other hand, everyone who knows him is saying he'd never claimed being nonbinary before. You want to join the right-wing mob? They would be saying the same thing had the shooter claimed he was gay. And he could have. There have been anti-gay murderers before who tried to escape the hate crime charge by identifying as bisexual. Maybe you don't even care - a high amount of Dataloungers who took this shooting as opportunity to demonize drag queens as groomers, and you're probably one of them. Maybe this is all a game for you to spread hate nonstop.

Also, get off the cross. Not a single lesbian died in this bar. Two who died were trans. They were the victims here. You were not.

by Anonymousreply 333November 24, 2022 2:54 PM

Proof not required.

Anyone who says they is NB, is NB.

Any man who says he’s a woman, is a woman.

And woman who she’s a man, is a man.

Dana Rivers set the precedent. A straight white man brutally murdered black lesbians & their son & was not be charged with a hate crime.

by Anonymousreply 334November 24, 2022 2:54 PM

Intervention.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335November 24, 2022 2:55 PM

R334, I think for myself. That’s why I’ve lived my life openly as a homosexual since 1994.

You don’t believe in a sexual binary but do believe in a political binary. Anyone who doesn’t agree with you is right wing. 🙄

The woman who was killed at Q was…a lesbian. It’s impossible to change sex. Your “left wing” politics are causing young homosexuals to chop off their body parts. Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 336November 24, 2022 2:58 PM

Get some fresh material, r334.

by Anonymousreply 337November 24, 2022 2:59 PM

r334 = r336... Why are you responding to yourself?

by Anonymousreply 338November 24, 2022 3:03 PM

Why would he need fresh material? This is how it is. Oh you mean don't bring up Dana Rivers? Yeah of course not, no one wants to hear about that, who fucking cares some chicks and a black kid were killed? But make sure you respect Mx. Aldrich.

by Anonymousreply 339November 24, 2022 3:03 PM

Bless your heart, r339.

by Anonymousreply 340November 24, 2022 3:07 PM

[quote]The woman who was killed at Q was…a lesbian. It’s impossible to change sex.

How convenient. When an FTM commits a mass shooting, this proves that TQ+ people are prone to crime. When an FTM is martyred and you need some representation at the funeral pyre, then suddenly he counts as lesbian. You're dying to be a victim, at the same time you demonize nonstop the people who've actually been victimized.

Dana Rivers killed a lesbian couple in 2016. But she had been identifying as trans since the 90s and surgically transitioned in 2000. Think of her what you will, but she did not start identifying as trans just to escape a hate crime charge, unless you're a fucking retard who believes in clairvoyance.

The situation of this Aldrich person is wholly different. He only came out with this NB bullshit now, after killing a bunch of gay and trans people. By insisting that he be regarded as something different from the obvious male he is, you're adding your voice to the likes of Marjorie Taylor Greene and Ben Shapiro, and are treating the lives of the victims as political football, much like the right-wing is, you crazy cunt.

by Anonymousreply 341November 24, 2022 3:08 PM

Serious question, r334/r336 - Why are you responding to yourself? Did you forget to switch accounts?

by Anonymousreply 342November 24, 2022 3:15 PM

When did an FTM commit a mass shooting?

by Anonymousreply 343November 24, 2022 3:18 PM

R341 Your hypocrisy is showing.

by Anonymousreply 344November 24, 2022 3:24 PM

R343 Stem shooting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345November 24, 2022 3:27 PM

R334, have you considered that there were dozens of men believed to be involved in crimes like this who not only do not have hate crime charges, but were never charged with any crime at all? Dozens of men in a sheriff’s department who tortured and murdered kids as young as 14, and only one was ever charged?

If you want to broaden the scope of what’s considered a hate crime, that’s one thing. Dana’s crime is not the only hate crime that ever happened. Male guards in women’s prisons are only convicted 1 percent of the time when they are reported for sexual assault. Male gynecologists are sometimes convicted for sexually assaulting women while they are unconscious. Actually like people with disingenuous gender identities are the only or the main threat is an extreme kind of tunnel vision.

“In fact, while investigators dragged and searched the rivers, they uncovered the bodies of eight African Americans: Herbert Oarsby, a 14-year-old who was wearing a Congress of Racial Equality (CORE) t-shirt; Henry Hezekiah Dee and Eddie Moore (both 19-years-old); and five unidentified men.“

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346November 24, 2022 3:27 PM

R345 that's not the only time. There's also a dark lesbians thread from a dew years back about an FTM or, as r336 would say, a lesbian shooting up a drug store, in Florida I think.

by Anonymousreply 347November 24, 2022 3:43 PM

It's literal violence to deny that the shooter is non-binary. Violence, I tell you.

by Anonymousreply 348November 24, 2022 3:51 PM

R348, it's literal violence to believe a murderer

He can claim what he wants, but if there's no evidence of him identifying before the murders no jury will believe him. It's like the insanity defense. If you kill someone then claim you're "hearing voices" no one will believe it unless you had a known history of mental illness before you killed someone

by Anonymousreply 349November 24, 2022 4:58 PM

R349 don't waste your salliva with these mental dwarves, they know elwhat the truth is. They think they can keep exploring trans issues forever to shepherd gay people into voting GOP. Making right-wing propaganda on an anti-gay massacre should be offlimits for them, but they ain't a bright lot.

by Anonymousreply 350November 24, 2022 5:13 PM

R349 don't waste your salliva with these mental dwarves, they know what the truth is. They think they can exploit trans issues forever to shepherd gay people into voting GOP. Making right-wing propaganda on an anti-gay massacre should be offlimits for them as it's counterproductive, but they ain't a bright lot.

by Anonymousreply 351November 24, 2022 5:18 PM

Technically, r345, the chick was not the shooter. She just helped the shooter plan it.

by Anonymousreply 352November 24, 2022 8:32 PM

"R350 (corrected post)"

It wasn't worth the bandwidth the first time.

by Anonymousreply 353November 24, 2022 10:08 PM

R349, there are many nonbinaries and transgenders who had "no evidence" in their history to prove their identity before they announced it to the world.

by Anonymousreply 354November 25, 2022 2:05 AM

It is perfectly possible for LGBT on LGBTG crime to be a hate crime. Let's say one of the crazy "Death to white cis gays," or "Death to TERF" crazies on Twitter decided to actually make good on their threats. T on G hate crime. If one of the deranged gays on DL who insist that all Ts are chopping off the genitals of 10 year olds went on a T killing spree, it would be a G on T hate crime.

by Anonymousreply 355November 25, 2022 2:19 AM

“Slaugh, 34, his sister Charlene Slaugh, 35, and his boyfriend, Jancarlos Dell Valle, 34, were all shot when a shooter burst into the LGBTQ club late Saturday night and opened fire. Five people were killed and 18 wounded.“

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356November 25, 2022 5:20 PM

NB is a copout for the hate crime charge. When the koons means anything, it means nothing. No definition, just hot fucking air.

by Anonymousreply 357November 26, 2022 3:20 AM

How does being non-binary suddenly make this not a hate crime?

If you killed a specific category if people and have been known to say “fucking faggots” and be part of a family that openly disdains gays—this sounds like the classic hate crime

by Anonymousreply 358November 26, 2022 12:56 PM

Another survivor account.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359November 29, 2022 8:38 PM

I don’t know, r358…maybe because NB is considered T which is part of LGBT community.

When a member of a minority community attacks their minority community, it’s not a hate crime.

A hate crime is when a white guy shoots up a black church or grocery store. Or an anti-Semite shoots a Jewish synagogue.

Or when a white straight man murders a black lesbian couple & their son. If the white straight man identifies as a lesbian, he cannot be prosecuted for a hate

by Anonymousreply 360November 30, 2022 6:45 PM

Link fixed — when Dana Rivers killed those lesbians & their son, the cops worked the case as a “lesbian love triangle” gone bad.

Even though lesbians don’t sleep with men. And lesbians don’t go on killing sprees when things go wrong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361November 30, 2022 6:47 PM

R361, the shooter in Colorado had modified a gun to be fully automatic and killed 5 people, seriously injuring 17 more with bullets, with one survivor having been shot 7 times. This was like Al Capone with a machine gun. Regardless of whether it’s a hate crime it is an act of domestic terrorism and a deliberate mass murder. Yes, he had made comments about having enough explosives to blow up a bank or a federal building when he was originally arrested last year, so there’s an even stronger case for domestic terrorism than for it being a hate crime. He could have done it nearly anywhere for anything.

by Anonymousreply 362November 30, 2022 9:13 PM

But I'm non-binary!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363December 6, 2022 3:12 PM

[quote] When a member of a minority community attacks their minority community, it’s not a hate crime.

The issue is if the political definition of these minority groups is the social definition.

For example, a Korean man can kill a group of Chinese people as a hate crime although both fit into the Asian American category.

A non-binary person and shoot up a bar mainly for gay, lez, and trans and still be a hate crime.

Plus, he has never claimed to be nonbinary until this moment, What a coinicidence!!

by Anonymousreply 364December 6, 2022 5:41 PM

[quote]When a member of a minority community attacks their minority community, it’s not a hate crime.

This is false. Colorado officials have already addressed that argument below. Some of you, namely, the Republican and "Gender Critical" posters, really appear to be working for these killer's defense attorneys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365December 7, 2022 12:45 AM

The shooter created a "free speech" website that frequently hosted far-right commentary and incited killings of civilians to cleanse society. This pretty much settles it -- the shooting was a hate crime.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366December 7, 2022 12:47 AM

I think they went with the nonbinary status to appear more sympathetic to a jury or at least to confuse them. The attorneys will be able to use nonbinary pronouns in court. Also, to get the media to stop covering the story 24/7 and to maybe get placement in a female prison. Avoiding being charged with a hate crime likely isn't the primary motivation of the attorneys.

by Anonymousreply 367December 7, 2022 12:49 AM

Right, it's surely bullshit. The problem is that as soon as someone claims that, you must back away and never question them. It's not being covered anymore, no one knows what to say about it.

by Anonymousreply 368December 7, 2022 3:44 PM

Exactly R368 . It’s a clever tactic because “the media” don’t dare question it for fear of backlash. It’s quite the quagmire!

by Anonymousreply 369December 7, 2022 3:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!