Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Colorado Springs nightclub shooter was known to the FBI

He had been the center of a bomb threat and armed standoff in June of 2021. He killed 5 and wounded 18 at Club Q Saturday night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161November 23, 2022 8:24 PM

How the fuck was this cretin allowed to own guns when he had been arrested only a year before for making terroristic threats?

by Anonymousreply 1November 20, 2022 6:54 PM

Cause America is a broken and sick country r1

by Anonymousreply 2November 20, 2022 6:58 PM

R1 Exactly.

by Anonymousreply 3November 20, 2022 6:58 PM

R2 Bullshit. Stop blaming victims for what gets done to us.

by Anonymousreply 4November 20, 2022 6:59 PM

This says a lot about the FBI. What with Comey's role and all, this agency spooks me. It's like it's in its own bubble of ethics and accountability.

Who does it answer to?

by Anonymousreply 5November 20, 2022 7:04 PM

No elected officials, that's for sure.

by Anonymousreply 6November 20, 2022 7:05 PM

The suspect's name is Ed.win Mon.tan.ez Jnr.

by Anonymousreply 7November 20, 2022 7:12 PM

Where are pictures of him? He was 22 and didn't have Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, or even Discord? How come no screenshots of anything are leaking?

by Anonymousreply 8November 20, 2022 7:49 PM

^ If you've seen one fugly white incel you've seen em all.

by Anonymousreply 9November 20, 2022 7:54 PM

R5 yes, but unfortunately I’ve come to expect government incompetence. I’m sick to death of the parents enabling and making excuses for their psycho kids who pull this shit.

I read OP’s article and she’s buying him full camouflage gear, getting him private boxing lessons, hiring his lawyers - you just know she bought him guns, fucking bitch!

by Anonymousreply 10November 20, 2022 8:19 PM

R8 It doesn't make sense.

by Anonymousreply 11November 20, 2022 8:30 PM

R8 Below is a more recent photo of him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12November 20, 2022 8:31 PM

R12 A picture widely spread on social media falsely said to be him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 20, 2022 8:34 PM

^^^Sorry - apparently the wrong photo is being circulated.

by Anonymousreply 14November 20, 2022 8:35 PM

Colorado is home to the castle rock versus Gonzalez court case that for claims that the police don’t have to protect citizens. Colorado is a shit hole where crimes get ignored under color of law

by Anonymousreply 15November 20, 2022 8:39 PM

[quote]R8: Where are pictures of him? He was 22 and didn't have Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, or even Discord? How come no screenshots of anything are leaking?

He's the grandson of a Republican Congressman. Having powerful relatives in high places can probably get an online presence promptly disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 16November 20, 2022 8:39 PM

Both Mom and Grandpa are deplorable trash

by Anonymousreply 17November 20, 2022 8:44 PM

Deplorables.

Quelle surprise.

by Anonymousreply 18November 20, 2022 8:46 PM

I fell asleep for awhile, did they find his manifesto yet?

by Anonymousreply 19November 20, 2022 8:49 PM

Yes, it's signed "love, DeFacto."

by Anonymousreply 20November 20, 2022 8:50 PM

No r19. So far no one is willing to do the body cavity search.

by Anonymousreply 21November 20, 2022 8:51 PM

r8 they are set to private.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22November 20, 2022 8:51 PM

There is this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23November 20, 2022 8:53 PM

Incelman from Incelvania

by Anonymousreply 24November 20, 2022 8:54 PM

That's not him.

by Anonymousreply 25November 20, 2022 9:20 PM

The photo at r23 is from another shooting

by Anonymousreply 26November 20, 2022 9:21 PM

Where does it say the suspect was known to the FBI? From the stories I've seen, no pipe bombs were found and for some reason the Republican DA decided not to charge the suspect.

by Anonymousreply 27November 20, 2022 9:53 PM

They always do seem to be known threats, don't they?

by Anonymousreply 28November 20, 2022 10:04 PM

Is this really him? Fat, ugly thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29November 20, 2022 10:20 PM

Same face as this site, though. I'd say it's him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30November 20, 2022 10:22 PM

What are the chances he's on the autistic spectrum?

by Anonymousreply 31November 20, 2022 10:24 PM

Deplorable white trash.

by Anonymousreply 32November 20, 2022 10:27 PM

Colorado does have a red flag law that could have prevented this, but it appears it has to be filed by a family member or someone close to the person (roommate).

by Anonymousreply 33November 20, 2022 10:30 PM

He should have been in a psych institution. Bring Back the NUTTER HOUSES ! ASAP !

by Anonymousreply 34November 20, 2022 10:46 PM

If you have laws were the police decide, who has guns, then they will never take it away from maga/republicans. The police are maga/ republicans.

Make laws were the gun manufactures and sellers are documented in paperwork, and are 100% liable.

by Anonymousreply 35November 20, 2022 11:16 PM

Police officers and the police unions were involved in planning and attacking the capitol. All are serious violent felonies and insurrection too.

In this case, we would have to take away guns from police officers, police unions and their families.

Make the gun manufactures and sellers pay. They are 100% liable

by Anonymousreply 36November 20, 2022 11:19 PM

Aldrich, as in the Rockefeller Aldriches?

by Anonymousreply 37November 20, 2022 11:21 PM

R35 - Let's make it even simpler: Require ALL gun owners to carry insurance (like all drivers are required to have insurance) in order to possess/carry a weapon. The premiums alone would knock out about 80% of gun owners in this country. Prison time if you are uninsured and found with a gun.

by Anonymousreply 38November 20, 2022 11:22 PM

R38 obviously you're new in 'murrica.

by Anonymousreply 39November 20, 2022 11:31 PM

[quote] If you have laws were the police decide, who has guns, then they will never take it away from maga/republicans.

The Court has already ruled that gun ownership cannot be subjective. It is a constitutional right and there must be objective criteria and not be onerous.

If this guy was out on bond then there is probably a court order forbidding him from gun possession. There would be where I am.

NEVERE MIND. I just saw this

[quote] The Colorado Springs Gazette reported that those 2021 charges against the man were dropped and the case sealed.

These were the charges: two counts of felony menacing and three counts of first-degree kidnapping. If the alleged victims were family then they may have not wanted to go forward and convinced the gov to drop the charges. Maybe he was supposed to seek mental health treatment.

by Anonymousreply 40November 20, 2022 11:35 PM

[quote] Is this really him? Fat, ugly thing.

I love DL

by Anonymousreply 41November 20, 2022 11:41 PM

He makes Kyle Rittenhouse look like Kit Connor

by Anonymousreply 42November 20, 2022 11:45 PM

So what repubs have used their social media accounts to send condolences (a.k.a. thoughts & prayers)?

by Anonymousreply 43November 20, 2022 11:56 PM

How can it be that the Supreme Court decided that Americans have the right to bear arms? Then SCOTUS, says that the local police decide.

How about the bearers, manufactures and sellers are 100% liable? The insurance idea is also good conceptually, with a serious flaw. What insurance company would insure these people?

by Anonymousreply 44November 21, 2022 12:02 AM

"Mayor John Suthers told NPR's Michel Martin that one of the patrons "took the handgun from the [shooter] and hit him with the handgun to disable him."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45November 21, 2022 12:26 AM

R44 i do believe it is in a little thing called the Constitution.

by Anonymousreply 46November 21, 2022 12:37 AM

I don't know if I one of the type of people who would run and hide or one who would try and subdue the attacker. I kind of think I'm the latter - that adrenaline would take over and I would jump on him and try and hold his arms. And probably get shot.

by Anonymousreply 47November 21, 2022 12:42 AM

R28 The FBI are really thorough about receiving reports. Who knows what happens after they start a file on someone, but they always get a file started.

by Anonymousreply 48November 21, 2022 12:43 AM

FUCK YOU, R46. I do believe it is a little thing called HYPOCRISY. If that is how the SCOTUS believes the Constitution should be interpreted, then they need to allow firearms in their court chambers while they are present.

by Anonymousreply 49November 21, 2022 12:44 AM

R47 When I worked for Rave we actually had employee trainings on how to disarm someone. You have to come in from the side.

by Anonymousreply 50November 21, 2022 12:45 AM

R49 Dumbass, they aren't interpreting. You would have to pass a new Constitutional amendment in order to get what you want.

by Anonymousreply 51November 21, 2022 12:45 AM

His record for the bomb incident in 2021 is sealed most likely because he’s the grandson of a rethug California assemblyman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52November 21, 2022 12:51 AM

[quote]R52: His record for the bomb incident in 2021 is sealed most likely because he’s the grandson of a rethug California assemblyman.

R16 here. One has to wonder if powerful relatives were well-aware of his potential risk, and had been preparing a social media erasure for him for quite some time, to get rid of incriminating online statements, manifestos, etc. Such efforts would have been much better spent making certain the psychotic little shit didn't actually do anything.

by Anonymousreply 53November 21, 2022 1:07 AM

It's more likely that he was alienated from society and that's why he didn't have social media.

by Anonymousreply 54November 21, 2022 1:17 AM

Why would a California assemblyman have that kind of influence in Colorado? And it was his grandfather. Is he still alive?

Since we don't know the details of the events then maybe they were just threats and nothing more. I could see them being dropped if the family asked and if they didn't feel threatened - no matter how stupid that may have been. I thought it was more involved though with a bomb and shit and involved a while neighborhood. No idea where I read that. As I said earlier maybe the family convinced them he was seeking mental health treatment.

I guess we'll find out when we find out.

Bravo to those who took action. I wonder if they were drinking and that let down any natural guard. Whatever it was, they are heroes.

by Anonymousreply 55November 21, 2022 1:17 AM

“Known to the FBI”

Worthless

by Anonymousreply 56November 21, 2022 1:23 AM

Prosecute mumsey, daddy and especially Grandpa. All three need life in prison for fomenting this monster.

by Anonymousreply 57November 21, 2022 1:28 AM

R55, the grandfather is 72 years old and was only just voted out in the recent election. The grandson had been mostly living with his grandparents at the time of the bomb threat last year, according to the New York Times.

“Ms. Bowman said she believed that Mr. Aldrich had been living nearby in a house with his grandparents while Ms. Voepel was renting the room.“

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58November 21, 2022 2:25 AM

Directly link to the Republican National Committe/ the Republican Party. The local cops/ police unions help this violent kid keep his guns and suppressed his violent tendencies to the public.

See the police/police unions will never take guns away from magas/ republicans.

by Anonymousreply 59November 21, 2022 2:47 AM

So was the Parkland shooter. Makes you wonder how many others the FBI knew about but were to fucking lazy to do anything?

by Anonymousreply 60November 21, 2022 3:18 AM

R60 almost all of them.

by Anonymousreply 61November 21, 2022 3:21 AM

We've heard all these arguments,explanations,excuses ,apoligists ad nauseum . We all know the reality...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62November 21, 2022 3:23 AM

America has become a shithole. This is SO sad.

by Anonymousreply 63November 21, 2022 3:24 AM

99% OF THE TIME, 1) suspect was "known" by authorities 2) suspect had history of mental illness that parents and family were either too stupid, lazy or mental themselves to have done something about it for years...

ALWAYS warning signs unheeded...

by Anonymousreply 64November 21, 2022 3:26 AM

Why didn't Colorado's red flag laws catch this monster?

by Anonymousreply 65November 21, 2022 3:35 AM

Mental health treatment takes time and a willingness to participate. This guy is still young and may not even have accepted his problems.

Unless he's just evil. We see this all the time in D.C. There are all these programs for "troubled" youth. So many people want to excuse the conduct - and some of this conduct is very serious and dangerous . They get away with so much and while I get that people think this is helpful, it often just tells the kid he can do what he wants and keep getting away with it.

We have lots of mass shootings in DC. We'd have more and more deaths and injuries if they knew how to shoot straight.

by Anonymousreply 66November 21, 2022 3:41 AM

I was bringing a casserole to the brunch...

by Anonymousreply 67November 21, 2022 3:44 AM

I was bring pie...

by Anonymousreply 68November 21, 2022 3:51 AM

Murderous Fatty NOT on the Lam

by Anonymousreply 69November 21, 2022 4:02 AM

The press says it was a LGBTblahblah club? Was it? (Lesbians never go to clubs, they never want to pay for a drink). Or was it a gay (gay male) club? They should say gay male not LGBfuckingTfuckingQ

by Anonymousreply 70November 21, 2022 4:20 AM

Breaking news: the shooter looks like comedian Jonathan Winters.

by Anonymousreply 71November 21, 2022 4:30 AM

[quote] [R49] Dumbass, they aren't interpreting.

Your ignorance of this topic seems to know no bounds.

Of COURSE they interpreted. The rightwing activists on the court went against the clear wording of the second amendment as well as 200 years of (correct) Supreme Court interpretation it.

Scalia created a new right by knowingly incorrectly interpreting the constitution.

by Anonymousreply 72November 21, 2022 4:32 AM

R72, there are very legitimate legal theories on both sides. The whole concept that this is the "incorrect" interpretation is opinion and nothing more.

The Bill of Rights is about the power of the citizen and the states. People always seem to forget that. The Second Amendment is about the right of the people to bear arms, to protect - and yes, having been written with what they considered a tyrant in mind, to protect themselves against a re-emergence of such tyranny. People seem afraid to acknowledge that but that is where we come from and the Constitution and particularly the 10 Amendments are about maintaining power in the hands of the people and the states and away from the federal government.

Not that I haven't been equally guilty of cheering it on, but the modern court has strayed from that original concept of power staying in the hands of the people and out of the hands of the federal government. So when you talk about interpretation you can't ignore the very different interpretation that the last 50+ years has delivered.

Just who do you think the militia is anyway? It's not the government.

by Anonymousreply 73November 21, 2022 5:04 AM

What would happen if gays packed some heat as well. I mean would some queen shoot an angry trans? Would lesbians get violent over the best nutloaf or turfoku recipe? You tell me. It’s not like these deplorables are the only ones that have 2nd amendment rights, right?

by Anonymousreply 74November 21, 2022 5:11 AM

It's not the Constitution. Or the Supreme Court judges. Or the GOP. Or the "right-wing". Or incels. Or the discontent with ready access to guns. Or any of the other popular scapegoats.

It's 246 years of America's ingrained angry, violent culture. And nothing, not laws, and certainly not scapegoating, will ever change that reality.

by Anonymousreply 75November 21, 2022 5:22 AM

There are an awful lot of legal guns in this country and there is only a small percentage of those owners who use the guns illegally or to kill or injure another person.

And yes many gays and minorities own guns.

by Anonymousreply 76November 21, 2022 5:36 AM

His grandfather being a Republican assemblyman in CA explains why this fucked-up piece of shit wasn't doing time for the homemade bomb and threats to his family.

I'm guessing his mother is Randy Voepel's daughter, which explains why she was so fucked up herself that she called the cops on her son when he said he was going to kill her, then didn't bother to do anything but ask around on Facebook about therapists.

by Anonymousreply 77November 21, 2022 5:48 AM

[quote]the grandfather is 72 years old and was only just voted out in the recent election

It makes you wonder if the recent pink dribble of an election set this kid off. It wasn't the red wave as advertised, and he was personally affected by it, and already a terrorist with a head full of rightwing propaganda, so it's possible.

by Anonymousreply 78November 21, 2022 5:51 AM

[quote]What are the chances he's on the autistic spectrum?

Like Adam Lanza.

by Anonymousreply 79November 21, 2022 6:04 AM

R77 that's a common theme among these families. Seeking psychiatric help for their nutty offspring....once the situation is already FUBAR.

by Anonymousreply 80November 21, 2022 6:28 AM

R79 And Jake Davison. Mass shootings are rare in the UK because guns are controlled but he managed to kill 5 people last year including a 3-year-old - he was a 'virgin incel' with Asperger's who glorified U.S. gun culture.

by Anonymousreply 81November 21, 2022 6:48 AM

R15 thanks for mentioning that case. I remember reading that one in school and, Jesus, what a vile piece of crap that was. Still makes me shiver thinking about it after all these years. That and the Deshaney, Jesus those were fishy.

by Anonymousreply 82November 21, 2022 6:58 AM

R49 try reading the constitution and then you wont present yourself as a moron.

by Anonymousreply 83November 21, 2022 7:58 AM

R74 That's actually a good idea.

by Anonymousreply 84November 21, 2022 10:41 AM

R77, yes, the Heavy article confirmed Laura Voepel is Randy Voepel’s daughter.

But still unexplained; the New York Times article said authorities had stopped by the mother’s previous address- where she had been renting a room from a middle aged woman previously- just one month ago to do a wellness check. But the woman who had rented the room to her said she made her move out after the bomb threat, more than a year ago.

I don’t know how long it’s been since the mom updated her social media, but I wonder if she is even still alive. She went from reporting the threat to asking for “legal help” for her son in a very short time; I would guess she let her father make the decision to release him and seal the record, because if she felt that way, why did she call in the first place?

by Anonymousreply 85November 21, 2022 12:48 PM

R73 we’ll take your post as an admission that your statement “dumbass, they weren’t interpreting [the constitution]” was crassly wrong, and a willful lie.

It’s troll behavior to state a lie confidently and then when called on it, blithely ignore it and pretend you were making another argument. (As a troll, you’ll just ignore what I’ve just said as well.)

[quote] Just who do you think the militia is anyway? It's not the government.

Do you know any history of your nation at all? Maybe they didn’t have militias in Pittsburgh but of COURSE the militias were government! The states established and ran the militias. They were for local/state defense. They required that individual men show up once a year for training (typically) and when called out to fight. The men had to bring their own guns (and originally, all men had them because that’s how their families ate). The states had some arsenal capability because as the colonies became more established not all men hunted, but they couldn’t supply nearly enough weapons for every man.

So the states were very worried that the new federal government might prohibit firearm ownership. Why? That would mean they could no longer raise militia regiments to defend themselves. They wouldn’t ratify the constitution unless the ability to raise militias was protected.

Not because individuals can run around with guns because of some sacred inalienable right.

Scalia knew this, as a Supreme Court justice, because scotus had addressed this exact fucking question numerous times in preceding centuries and came to the same conclusion. But he was a rightwing activist, and a fierce advocate of the radical rightwing agenda to stop any regulation on gun ownership. So he made up new law.

by Anonymousreply 86November 21, 2022 12:58 PM

Grandpa Randy Voepel is an evil asshole. How could anyone vote for a freak with a face like that?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87November 21, 2022 1:12 PM

r29

What a disgusting evil tard.

by Anonymousreply 88November 21, 2022 1:15 PM

Randy went to the school of JR Ewing villains.

by Anonymousreply 89November 21, 2022 1:38 PM

Somehow the whole incident was made to disappear. And here we are. Another “myth” about gun laws… that those with a history of violence will have their guns taken away (unless they make the charges disappear) File it under a good guy with a gun beats a bad guy with a gun (unless the “good guys” are afraid they’ll get shot too).

by Anonymousreply 90November 21, 2022 1:45 PM

[quote] [R73] we’ll take your post as an admission that your statement “dumbass, they weren’t interpreting [the constitution]” was crassly wrong, and a willful lie.

Sorry, Miss Cleo, that wasn't my post.

The states were not feared as a federal government was. The state WAS the people. The militia was the people. The problem with equating militia with The National Guard is that the Guard as such is a much later development. Federalizing a state's guard was not contemplated by the founders. The original militia was formed to fight the king, to fight tyranny from the overreaching oppressive government.

The right to "run around with guns" was a given. Everyone had a gun and no one ever thought that individual right to own and possess would be taken away.

Are you the same poster who thinks that the right to own and possess a gun means that it can't in some ways be regulated and your proof is the Supreme Court not allowing guns in its courthouse? No one has said that. Even this Supreme Court has not said that. Regulations are allowed to some extent but they must be objective and not so burdensome that they restrict ownership/possession unreasonably. Hence New York's conceal carry permit stricken down as unconstitutional - it employed subjective criteria and was too burdensome.

by Anonymousreply 91November 21, 2022 2:25 PM

[quote] those with a history of violence will have their guns taken away (unless they make the charges disappear)

Sealed records can almost always be accessed by a court for specific purposes. Juvenile records are sealed but when a defendant with a juv record gets arrested their sealed record is accessible to the court when making bond decisions and, with the court's permission, can be accessed by the government and the defense. So the state red flag laws can specify that juvenile records can be accessed by a court. And by the person making the red flag determination. There are ways around sealed/expunged records.

by Anonymousreply 92November 21, 2022 2:29 PM

r91 r92

by Anonymousreply 93November 21, 2022 3:04 PM

Well now, who is it that allowed this guy to walk on Felony charges? That's right, it wasn't "right wingers" It wasn't MAGA, It wasn't a Republican Lawmaker.....no, no....it was compassionate lawyers in the DA's office. "....prosecutors ultimately did not pursue charges in the case and that records were sealed." That action by law enforcement allowed this guy to purchase a gun legally if he so desired. THAT led to these deaths.

by Anonymousreply 94November 21, 2022 3:23 PM

About grabbing the gun. The scenario I envisioned was that while he was holding the long gun, the short gun was accessible somewhere on his body by the patrons and they grabbed that and then used it as a weapon against the shooter.

Brave brave people. Now THIS is stunning and brave. Finally.

by Anonymousreply 95November 21, 2022 3:34 PM

Did we learn that the gun was purchased legally by this guy?

by Anonymousreply 96November 21, 2022 3:45 PM

R59 He was arrested on serious felony charges last year. Cops don’t try and convict.

by Anonymousreply 97November 21, 2022 3:55 PM

The daughter of a legislator was renting a room for another woman and the killer lived with his grandparents (last year) - and now we don't know if the mother's still alive? Is she an alcoholic? bipolar or schizophenic? - which obviously he is. It all sounds very dodgy

by Anonymousreply 98November 21, 2022 4:16 PM

R98 It does.

by Anonymousreply 99November 21, 2022 4:27 PM

R98, the mom has had problems with the law in the past; DUI, criminal mischief, and arson, and public intoxication; but possibly that was from years ago. The roommate didn’t have problems with the mom, only the son. But the attack from last year was actually on video and the son could be seen on video wearing tactical gear and carrying what appeared to be a long gun.

More recently he had been sharing a 1 bedroom apartment with his mother, except for the past couple months when his mom was no longer there, according to the Daily Beast:

“There would be times where he and his mom would get into fights, arguments, because he would be saying hateful things about whoever he was angry with,” Kraus told The Daily Beast. “He said things sometimes that probably should have been alarming to me. He used the term “f*ggot” a lot. Most of the time it came from a place of anger.”

Kraus said he called Aldrich “Andy,” but understood his neighbor’s full name to be Anderson Lee Aldrich because Kraus would sometimes pick up orders of medicine for him and his mother, whom he identified as Laura Voepel.“

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100November 21, 2022 10:03 PM

Nice neighbor to pick up meds for them.

by Anonymousreply 101November 22, 2022 1:01 AM

R101 Is that legal in Colorado?

by Anonymousreply 102November 22, 2022 1:11 AM

100% of these shootings are committed by men. Men should not be allowed to have guns or, as someone has stated above, be forced to have insurance.

by Anonymousreply 103November 22, 2022 1:19 AM

Always so physically repugnant ,so completely unfuckable. Even a hooker would turn them down.

by Anonymousreply 104November 22, 2022 1:23 AM

R100 It's legal, but an implausible thing for a neighbor to do unless they were very close or he was a devout Christian or something.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105November 22, 2022 2:42 AM

Post #72 is from a local involved with Red Flag legislation:

[quote]We definitely have history of LE refusing to follow our Extreme Risk Protection Orders (EPRO) Law, which is the law that allows a judge to sign an order to remove weapons from someone they deem a risk to themselves or others and domestic offenders. I'm just not sure about the family members part specifically. After we passed the ERPO, a lot of so-called "constitutional sheriffs" refused to enforce the law. In fact, the first time the bill was introduced, it didn't pass (this was before I was involved in policy) because sheriffs didn't support it, which was extremely disappointing because a big goal of the bill was to protect LE after a man who was known to have made theats against LE ambushed police in Douglas County, murdering a young deputy named Zachari Parrish.

Many more details at link, post 72.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106November 22, 2022 3:19 AM

Colorado- Total Number of Oath Keepers Signups in the State: 969

Elected Officials: 2

Law Enforcement: 14

Military: 7

First Responders: 2

Total Within These Professions: 25

This is related to the so-called "Constitutional Sheriffs," though not necessarily affiliated with the organization. These sentiments are rife among law enforcement and will make enforcement of any restrictions very location-dependent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107November 22, 2022 3:25 AM

[quote]R105: It's legal, but an implausible thing for a neighbor to do unless they were very close 𝑜𝑟 ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑎 𝑑𝑒𝑣𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝐶ℎ𝑟𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑎𝑛 𝑜𝑟 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔.

What an odd thing to say. You do know that Christians do not have anything like a corner on selfless generosity, right?

Bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 108November 22, 2022 3:57 AM

[quote]Sorry, Miss Cleo, that wasn't my post.

Sure Jan.

[quote]The states were not feared as a federal government was. The state WAS the people. The militia was the people.

Uh huh. Tell me about all the militias that were not established or soon regularized by the colonial or later the state government.

The colonial government and later the state government WERE the government. The militia were always a thing of government despite your swanny talk about the states “being the people”. (Which is preposterous.)

[quote]The problem with equating militia with The National Guard is that the Guard as such is a much later development. Federalizing a state's guard was not contemplated by the founders.

First of all, who even brought up the national guard? It’s totally unnecessary to even discuss them. All we need to say is that the second amendment was enacted to permit the states to continue to raise militias, not to give every person a sacred right to guns.

By the way, you’re demonstrating ignorance of your own history yet again, Defacto. The Militia Act of 1792 permitted the federal government to take control of state militias, and the national guard is not a “new thing” — it has its roots all the way back to the colonial era.

[quote]The original militia was formed to fight the king, to fight tyranny from the overreaching oppressive government.

🤦🏻‍♂️ No it wasn’t. The royal colonies sure as fuck did not form militias to fight their king.

Can you be serious? .

The militias were formed to fight the Indians, and *much* more rarely, foreign colonies or armies.

by Anonymousreply 109November 22, 2022 4:12 AM

R72, here's another Second Amendment argument by a lawyer.

You aren't taking his guns.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110November 22, 2022 4:12 AM

-123233/10 trolling, Defacto at r110.

No one in this thread said the second amendment only applies to muskets.

by Anonymousreply 111November 22, 2022 4:14 AM

Veritas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112November 22, 2022 4:22 AM

Did you see the fat, white trash, deplorable incel that did the shooting? They showed footage of him at home since he still lives with his mama. What a loser!

by Anonymousreply 113November 22, 2022 4:57 AM

“Fierro, a 15-year Army veteran who served three tours in Iraq and one in Afghanistan, said he went to Club Q with his family to watch his daughter’s junior prom date perform in a drag show.“

The guy who pulled down the gunman was a married straight man who was there with his wife, daughter, and daughter’s boyfriend. The 22 year old boyfriend was killed and the daughter had a broken knee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114November 22, 2022 10:34 AM

“Fierro said he goes to Club Q with his family to support the LGBTQ community.

“We do the pride parade because we love our community. Doesn’t matter LGBTQ, straight. I’m straight. My kids are straight. But we go there,” Fierro said. “Because it is about community.”

Another quote from the article.

by Anonymousreply 115November 22, 2022 10:39 AM

Fierro and his wife own a brewery and they sell merch, in case anyone wants to show support for his epic deeds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116November 22, 2022 12:12 PM

Fierro and his family are exactly what the world SHOULD be,

by Anonymousreply 117November 22, 2022 12:59 PM

To those of you who talk shit about the LGB Alliance: please fuck off. There was nothing wrong with their original statement. They said LGB people are with the people affected. They didn't say that LGB people were the only people affected. LGB Alliance is the ONLY gay organization that is fighting for GAY rights. All the other formerly gay organizations are now captured by the trans cult. They don't give a shit about gays or gay rights. When a gay rights activists was attacked by the trans mob: "crickets". When two gay men were beheaded in Ireland: "crickets".

by Anonymousreply 118November 22, 2022 1:31 PM

[Quote]he went to Club Q with his family to watch his daughter’s junior prom date perform in a drag show

What the fuck is this?

by Anonymousreply 119November 22, 2022 1:55 PM

Daughter went to prom with her gay bestie, that’s what.

by Anonymousreply 120November 22, 2022 1:58 PM

The website that caused the murderous fatty to change his name:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121November 22, 2022 2:01 PM

Can you imagine if a democratic state rep's grandson shot up a chik-fil-la or a biker bar or church or wherever these deplorables nest? My god

by Anonymousreply 122November 22, 2022 2:02 PM

Youtube of murderous fatty

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123November 22, 2022 2:05 PM

Another radicalized incel pedo turned republican terrorist.

by Anonymousreply 124November 22, 2022 2:08 PM

“Straight White Guy…nothing to see here”, said the FBI.

And here we are.

by Anonymousreply 125November 22, 2022 2:10 PM

Doesn't it seem that every one of these mass shooters was known to the FBI?

by Anonymousreply 126November 22, 2022 2:13 PM

He looks like he was probably molested as a child.

Child molestation victims have a very specific look. Obese, puffy face, open almost blank expression, dress like children.

Doesn’t mitigate his crimes, obviously, but I’m guessing he had a shitty life.

by Anonymousreply 127November 22, 2022 2:15 PM

R127, Effie, we all got PAIN!

Most people don’t become mass shooters.

by Anonymousreply 128November 22, 2022 2:17 PM

We will never have gun control, we all know that. Get used to the fact that you may be shot anywhere and anytime. Stop the bitching, it's not going to happen, and red flag laws are bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 129November 22, 2022 2:33 PM

R129, the neighbor said the guy kept this gun - an AR-15, not something that you’d have for self defense, on the nightstand in the apartment he shared with his mother, and that he frequently got in intense arguments with his mother. I don’t think anyone has confirmed his mother is still alive; the police did a wellness check on her last month going to her previous address, where they didn’t find her.

The person who had rented a room to the mother said the son had anger issues in general, slamming a door in her face because of her delay in repairing a toilet.

The gunman was a very tall, very large man, 6 foot 6, heavy, and wearing body armor. He was stopped very soon after coming in, yet still killed 5 people and injured 20 more. He had this AR-15 and was wearing body armor.

It is very fortunate that there were not more casualties from this. Under the circumstances there certainly could have been.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130November 22, 2022 3:36 PM

R120 I was caught up on the "Junior High" part. There are 8th grade drag queens now?

by Anonymousreply 131November 22, 2022 3:46 PM

The mother isn't dead, just deplorable.

by Anonymousreply 132November 22, 2022 3:52 PM

R131, no, the daughter is an adult and she helps run the brewery. Her old high school friend who went to Junior Prom with her several years ago was performing.

by Anonymousreply 133November 22, 2022 3:59 PM

The daughter is the taproom manager at the brewery.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134November 22, 2022 4:03 PM

Damn. I bet her boyfriend was hot.

by Anonymousreply 135November 22, 2022 4:06 PM

Her boyfriend who died was Raymond Green Vance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136November 22, 2022 4:32 PM

He was cute. Sweet yet sexy eyes.

by Anonymousreply 137November 22, 2022 9:19 PM

Not shocked that the shooter is hideous and fat.

by Anonymousreply 138November 22, 2022 10:13 PM

I'm not buying he's nonbinary. He's doing that to fuck with the victims and everyone.

by Anonymousreply 139November 23, 2022 4:15 AM

mass shooting at a Walmart in Virginia tonight - another day, another mass shooting

by Anonymousreply 140November 23, 2022 5:24 AM

[quote]JUST IN: Heard back from the Church of Jesus Christ Latter-day Saints HQ in Salt Lake. They confirmed the suspected gunman in Saturday's shooting was on the membership rolls of LDS. 1/

[quote]“The senseless act of violence in Colorado Springs is of great sadness and concern to us. We are greatly troubled by any violence in our communities and condemn most especially violent acts that are the result of intolerance against any of God's children. ..." 2/

[quote]"We join with others in mourning the loss of those whose lives were taken and offer prayers of comfort and deepest condolences to their loved ones. We also pray for healing for the survivors of this shocking shooting and express our love to them." 3/

[quote]- via Doug Andersen, Director, Media Relations, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. 4/4

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141November 23, 2022 7:25 AM

[quote] Colorado does have a red flag law that could have prevented this, but it appears it has to be filed by a family member or someone close to the person (roommate).

As someone said above, the LE or County Sheriff had the right and obligation to take away his guns. I read that any Police department would have taken that AR-15 away but because the County Sheriff is an elected position and he lives in a Far-RIght district and probably beholden to the militia that lives there, he refused to take his guns away.

The families of the people killed should sue the hell out of that fucking sheriff.

by Anonymousreply 142November 23, 2022 8:11 AM

So he's a non-binary Mormon?

by Anonymousreply 143November 23, 2022 11:00 AM

Sounds like a jerk.

by Anonymousreply 144November 23, 2022 11:02 AM

If the killer had rock-hard abs, Datalounge would be swooning

Sick

by Anonymousreply 145November 23, 2022 11:09 AM

This city is gonna be dodging lawsuits like Frogger.

by Anonymousreply 146November 23, 2022 11:33 AM

R145 You're so right. I just right now saw this newly created DL thread swooning over child killer Chris Watts. He killed his own children but DL swoons over him. Same with Jeffrey Dahmer, Richard Ramirez...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147November 23, 2022 11:45 AM

[quote]If the killer had rock-hard abs,

He doesn’t.

[quote]Datalounge would be swooning

We’re not

[quote]Sick

You’re the sick one, Freeper Cunt Fuck R145.

by Anonymousreply 148November 23, 2022 12:29 PM

R148 Wasn't that the poster's point? That if the killer DID have rock-hard abs DL would be swooning. Like DL does over Chris Watts. But the killer is fat and incel so nobody on DL is swooning over him.

by Anonymousreply 149November 23, 2022 12:43 PM

What's this about him being "nonbinary"?

by Anonymousreply 150November 23, 2022 12:44 PM

R149 Right. DL doesn't swoon over fat people, but it does over people with great bodies. What's your point? Gays are shallow?

This is not a revelation.

by Anonymousreply 151November 23, 2022 1:14 PM

R150 He used they/them pronouns and chose Mx. on forms.

by Anonymousreply 152November 23, 2022 1:17 PM

Mx. is going to get shitcanned in jail. But will it be male or female jail?

by Anonymousreply 153November 23, 2022 1:26 PM

R149 doesn’t. . . . GET it.

by Anonymousreply 154November 23, 2022 2:38 PM

[quote] an AR-15, not something that you’d have for self defense,

You just show your ignorance about guns. Of course, you'd have an AR-15 for self defense. It's very lightweight and easy to use.

by Anonymousreply 155November 23, 2022 2:50 PM

Ar-15s are the most common rifle in the U.S. By the way, it's the name of a particular style of rifle manufactured by many companies. Just because people seem confused.

by Anonymousreply 156November 23, 2022 2:54 PM

R155, BS. People CLAIM it's for self defense but it's really a weapon of war

by Anonymousreply 157November 23, 2022 3:48 PM

[quote]R150: What's this about him being "nonbinary"?

[quote]R152: He used they/them pronouns and chose Mx. on forms.

My guess is it's a defense strategy, especially if it's something he only started doing once he'd been taken into booking for this crime.

Last year, when he made the bomb threat, was he claiming to be non-binary and using the pronouns? If not, then you have your answer.

by Anonymousreply 158November 23, 2022 8:04 PM

R155, it’s so powerful that you could kill 5 people and injure 20 more just by walking in the door. How is an average person supposed to defend against that?

by Anonymousreply 159November 23, 2022 8:07 PM

Court appearance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160November 23, 2022 8:12 PM

He's got a future!

by Anonymousreply 161November 23, 2022 8:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!