Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Let's be a Homeworthy / Quintessence video

I'm the wealthy white woman with an ethereal attitude.

by Anonymousreply 29March 23, 2023 7:38 AM

I'm the insistence from the neurotic looking homeowner that this is a really 'relaxed household'.

Nothing says relaxed like books arranged in shelves according to the colour of their spines (for visual effect).

by Anonymousreply 1November 20, 2022 6:01 PM

I'm the stacks of books laid on their back completely covering the coffee table.

by Anonymousreply 2November 20, 2022 6:09 PM

I'm Susanna Salk's bare shanks inside clunky boots, clomping up the front porch steps to greet her host.

by Anonymousreply 3November 20, 2022 6:18 PM

I'm Bunny Williams -- the last surviving person with a stupid early 20th century debutante name like Bunny.

by Anonymousreply 4November 20, 2022 7:32 PM

I thought DLers would be all over this thread.

by Anonymousreply 5November 21, 2022 5:46 AM

I'm the terrified looking Golden Retriever in the background.

by Anonymousreply 6November 23, 2022 12:48 PM

I'm the name Hollis Loudon Puig. I sound faintly like I should be attending parties with Didi Von Cuntington

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 23, 2022 12:58 PM

I'm the people Susanna visits over and over, including the aforementioned Bunny Williams, as well as Nina Campbell, Johnson Hartig, TImothy Corrigan and Ted Kennedy Watson. If only someone would tell us we've run out of things to say.

by Anonymousreply 8November 23, 2022 1:03 PM

I'm the elderqueen who decorates like Jayne Wrightsman on a meth bender.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9December 6, 2022 12:46 PM

I'm one of two types: either a pearl-clutching queen who seems like every Datalounge MARY! come to life; or a bottle blonde middle-aged woman who you know has at least one MAGA hat in the closet, if not a white Klan hood.

by Anonymousreply 10March 22, 2023 4:10 PM

r5, i've never heard of the subject ever

by Anonymousreply 11March 22, 2023 4:11 PM

I'm the fifty throw pillows that frau and hubby must remove before getting into bed every night.

by Anonymousreply 12March 22, 2023 4:11 PM

I'm the random surface in a totally impractical place (like a bathroom or kitchen) containing a stack of coffee table design books lying horizontally.

by Anonymousreply 13March 22, 2023 4:12 PM

I'm the Brunschwig and Fils Les Touches fabric being namedropped.

by Anonymousreply 14March 22, 2023 4:13 PM

I'm the numerous patterns displayed together....with a lot of color on the walls, plus several collections....in one room. Somehow, it all works tastefully.

by Anonymousreply 15March 22, 2023 4:16 PM

I am Susanna S*lk's huge gawk and 'I LOVE THAT!' response to anything the homeowner says, usually before they've even finished saying it.

"My grandparents died in the Holocaus- "

"I LOVE THAT!"

by Anonymousreply 16March 22, 2023 4:16 PM

I'm the mentioned but never seen husband you know just hates everything the tour-giving wife is fawning over.

by Anonymousreply 17March 22, 2023 4:18 PM

I'm the cat or dog, who shows up, like on cue....or is asleep on a bed or couch...looking cozy and adorable.

by Anonymousreply 18March 22, 2023 4:21 PM

I'm the melatonin capsule broken into the pet food on the day the cameras arrive.

by Anonymousreply 19March 22, 2023 4:22 PM

I'm the very comprehensively stocked bar.

by Anonymousreply 20March 22, 2023 4:25 PM

I'm the Tasteful Friends Datalounge thread it prompts.

by Anonymousreply 21March 22, 2023 4:26 PM

I'm the homeowner who can't afford the Hamptons or Malibu, but is determinedly trying to make Wilmington or Highland Park or Buckhead sound just as exclusive and desirable.

by Anonymousreply 22March 22, 2023 4:28 PM

I'm the husband's desk chair that was thrown out and replaced with an uncomfortable Chinese Chippendale reproduction.

by Anonymousreply 23March 22, 2023 4:31 PM

I'm the obligatory style: a very frauey take on Hollywood Regency.

by Anonymousreply 24March 22, 2023 4:34 PM

[quote] I am Susanna S*lk's huge gawk and 'I LOVE THAT!' response to anything the homeowner says, usually before they've even finished saying it.

I'm the rolled back head and eyes that accompany that.

by Anonymousreply 25March 22, 2023 8:20 PM

I’m mauve. All the baby boomer doyennes who do these videos make a point of talking about how much they hate me.

I’m the color of living rooms circa 1988 that they wouldn’t have been caught dead in and, more painfully, of dumpy party dresses foisted on them by chilly mothers who figured there was no point trying to make a purse out of a sow’s ear who can be relied on to do precisely nothing at parties but stare at the furniture and menstruate embarrassingly.

by Anonymousreply 26March 22, 2023 9:05 PM

It does take a certain refinement to menstruate with panache.

by Anonymousreply 27March 22, 2023 9:08 PM

Not that any of these broads can remember that.

by Anonymousreply 28March 22, 2023 9:09 PM

I’m Bunny Williams’ crazily expensive homeware line.

by Anonymousreply 29March 23, 2023 7:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!