Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Paris Hilton perfume line has brought in over US$2.5 billion in revenue to date

How rich is this woman?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51November 23, 2022 1:43 AM

In US dollars but are they US sales?

by Anonymousreply 1November 19, 2022 10:02 PM

Smart woman. She didn't make it smell like her snatch.

by Anonymousreply 2November 19, 2022 10:07 PM

Who’s buying this shit??

by Anonymousreply 3November 19, 2022 10:09 PM

[quote]She didn't make it smell like her snatch.

What does herpes smell like?

by Anonymousreply 4November 19, 2022 10:10 PM

It used to sell better, but it still sells. It is respected by perfume critics - some of it smells legit good. It's priced reasonably low, on par with Britney Spears (also respected by critics), but not bargain basement - Katy Perry and Christina Aguilera - is a step down in price and respect. Though Perry has a one or two that really are OK. I would guess as the star fades, the lines don't sell. I don't think J Lo still moves a lot, but she used to!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 19, 2022 10:21 PM

Honorine Blanc at Firmenich did Siren in the 2009, one of Paris Hilton best sellers. So that's not a joke.

by Anonymousreply 6November 19, 2022 10:28 PM

Who the fuck does she think she is, r5...Schap?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 19, 2022 10:34 PM

I saw Jao's at CVS. How good could it be?

by Anonymousreply 8November 19, 2022 10:38 PM

JLo's*

by Anonymousreply 9November 19, 2022 10:39 PM

Fragrance does NOT have to be expensive to be well done. Jennifer Lopez's Glow was created by two very respected noses and was considered excellent. It has been reformulated and ruined.

There can be good fragrances in a drug store. Depends on the drug store, of course.

by Anonymousreply 10November 19, 2022 10:44 PM

[quote]Depends on the drug store, of course.

Depends in the drug store, too!

by Anonymousreply 11November 19, 2022 10:47 PM

Adam Levine for Women is very well respected and smells great. It's unisex, too. It cost under 10 bucks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12November 19, 2022 10:50 PM

Shawn Mendes fragrances are terrible. Terrible smell, terrible quality, and not even dirt cheap.

by Anonymousreply 13November 19, 2022 10:51 PM

IF she's worth hundreds of millions of dollars, why the fuck would that nitwit Meghqn keep pigeonholing her as a bimbo on her podcast? I don't think Paris is Rhodes scholar material but she knows how to create an identity and hire the right people to build a brand around it.

by Anonymousreply 14November 19, 2022 10:51 PM

Billy Eilish had her big release and it kind of flopped. Ariana Grande fragrances are HIGHLY respected, they smell great, they are not cheap, and she is making untold millions. Cloud has been a huge success.

by Anonymousreply 15November 19, 2022 10:52 PM

Honorine Blanc is also the house nose for Avon, just sayin...

by Anonymousreply 16November 19, 2022 10:52 PM

Many Avon scents are good. Though they were better in the 70s.

by Anonymousreply 17November 19, 2022 10:53 PM

I seriously doubt that

by Anonymousreply 18November 19, 2022 10:55 PM

R5 Looks more like Sarah Paulson.

by Anonymousreply 19November 19, 2022 10:56 PM

Madonna's Truth or Dare is considered an excellent gardenia. Discontinued, it is highly prized and fetches 200+ a bottle. It is good. But you can get a new bottle of Fracas for half the price.

I don't know why Madonna gave up doing perfume because her launches were so well done.

by Anonymousreply 20November 19, 2022 10:57 PM

[quote]Billy Eilish had her big release and it kind of flopped.

Billie Eilish looks like she smells… like shit. Who thought a fragrance from her was a good idea?

by Anonymousreply 21November 19, 2022 11:04 PM

Avon partnered with Deneuve in 1986 for her luxury fragrance, Deneuve. It flopped because it was priced to high to be associated with Avon and was complicated to buy. It's excellent French perfumery, and I have a bottle. That was a mistake by Deneuve.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22November 19, 2022 11:05 PM

Well Billy was a huge corporate push so they threw whatever they could of her at the wall to see what might stick. Not much.

by Anonymousreply 23November 19, 2022 11:05 PM

*Billie, sorry.

She should have done partnerships with Zara or H&M, clothes, sneakers, shitty jewelry.

by Anonymousreply 24November 19, 2022 11:06 PM

R10 how do you know if a perfume has been reformulated?

by Anonymousreply 25November 19, 2022 11:13 PM

What are the great fragrance bargains?

by Anonymousreply 26November 19, 2022 11:23 PM

you smell it. People who are faithful to their favorite perfumes can tell when they change. And they will report that publicly as well.

All réformations are not bad. Most are.

in the past 3 years, there is continued progress on the synthetics, so the shitty replacements molecules of 8-15 years ago can be swapped out for better synthetics. musks, civet, oakmoss - the list is loooong. so some perfumes have recently improved, IF THE HOUSE cares to do it.

Guerlain recently improved their classics, from the versions of 10 years ago. Of course they can't go back to the glories of the 20th century.

by Anonymousreply 27November 19, 2022 11:24 PM

[quote] I don't know why Madonna gave up doing perfume because her launches were so well done.

She didn't.

Two years ago she released Madame X--but it was a flop, just like the tour.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28November 19, 2022 11:26 PM

What a boring looking bottle R28. Surprised she approved that

by Anonymousreply 29November 19, 2022 11:30 PM

Bargains? what is a bargain for you? A 150 dollar perfume for 50? A 80 dollar perfume for 30? Or do you mean fragrances that are good and always very inexpensive? Is 10 dollars your limit? or 20? Or 30?

I was online in European shops and Guerlain is dumping 150ml bottles of classic Vetiver and Habit Rouge for 60-70 bucks, far cheaper than High Street prices for 100 ml. That's a bargain.

Denim Original for men, Gloria Vanderbilt for women, are routinely under 10 bucks for 100ml. They smell great. They are not contemporary, however.

If you haunt online fragrance discounters you'll see bargains every month. Each of the three Encre Noir for 15 bucks. Dunhill Icon was 20 bucks a bottle for a month, then went back up to 60, which is discounted. I think it has been discontinued. A big success right now is Missoni Wave, kind of a clone of Channel Allure Sport and some "blue" designers. Bottles were inexplicably 20 bucks for a month. This summer Acqua di Parma Colonia, one of the classics and it still smells great, 100 ml bottles were inexplicably 40 bucks.

by Anonymousreply 30November 19, 2022 11:32 PM

Eau de Gaga Lady Gaga came and went. They were dumping remaining bottles for 10 bucks. Smell great, but doesn't last. Is that an issue? Because Chanel has destroyed longevity on some of its classics. Several luxury designers have destroyed longevity. You might as well by less expensive perfumes if you have limited budget.

by Anonymousreply 31November 19, 2022 11:36 PM

There are people who pay money for perfume that a skank like Paris Hilton puts out?

by Anonymousreply 32November 20, 2022 1:25 AM

One thing I like about Paris aesthetically is that she's stuck to her brand and her look. She hasn't gone in with heavy browed instawhore makeup, fat injections and boob jobs, streetwear and all that. She's a skinny bleach-blond scene-queen, and that's where she'll always be. She just stays in her lane, and what works for her and her audience.

by Anonymousreply 33November 20, 2022 1:29 AM

A lot of Asians clearly have no self-respect. They're the ones buying this racist cunt's garbage because they're obsessed with western standards of beauty.

by Anonymousreply 34November 20, 2022 1:34 AM

She’s a mega superstar outside of the US. Asia and Eastern block countries love her.

by Anonymousreply 35November 20, 2022 1:35 AM

[quote]IF she's worth hundreds of millions of dollars, why the fuck would that nitwit Meghqn keep pigeonholing her as a bimbo on her podcast? I don't think Paris is Rhodes scholar material but she knows how to create an identity and hire the right people to build a brand around it.

Go get help with your psychotic obsession. Every fucking thread. Psycho.

by Anonymousreply 36November 20, 2022 1:36 AM

Countries outside of the US believe we love her. They are wrong.

by Anonymousreply 37November 20, 2022 1:36 AM

R30, what are some online fragrance discounters you trust? I'm concerned about fakes. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 38November 20, 2022 2:03 AM

fragrancex in use is trustworthy

by Anonymousreply 39November 20, 2022 8:51 AM

[quote]She just stays in her lane, and what works for her and her audience.

The fact that this no-talent nonentity has an “audience”, is a big part of what’s wrong with the world today.

by Anonymousreply 40November 20, 2022 9:30 AM

Any fragrances out there that smells like you just had really good sex with a screaming orgasm? I like that smell and scent, it's so relaxing and satisfying... :-)

by Anonymousreply 41November 20, 2022 11:02 AM

I wonder if Madonna is jealous of Paris? Younger, comparable wealth and actually has a future

by Anonymousreply 42November 20, 2022 11:50 AM

Amateurs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43November 20, 2022 12:11 PM

At least she owns her own line and controls the output.

Most other A-listers have to shill for an existing house or brand, like puppets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44November 20, 2022 12:22 PM

Paris realized awhile back that her audience in the US is now non-existent. She began focusing exclusively on Asia, the Middle East (including Dubai, of course). All the fragrance promotions feature her long, blonde hair...a feature someone above mentioned as a huge selling point to her foreign customers. She promotes the hell out of them and does personal appearances for each launch. It's all smoke and mirrors, but it works.

Many celebs have tried their hand at fragrance lines, and most fail. You have to promote them. Dame Liz was a pro at this as well, even stooping to appear on a whole night of CBS sitcoms to promote her Black Pearls fragrance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45November 20, 2022 12:52 PM

I saw her perfume at 5 Below, it’s been relegated to the bargain bin.

by Anonymousreply 46November 20, 2022 1:09 PM

Sucking cock on video pays well.

by Anonymousreply 47November 22, 2022 9:34 PM

I guess a lot of people like smelling like a dumb, dirty whore.

by Anonymousreply 48November 22, 2022 9:40 PM

Ewww

by Anonymousreply 49November 22, 2022 10:17 PM

she only takes a percentage.

by Anonymousreply 50November 22, 2022 10:20 PM

Better to smell like a dumb dirty rich whore than a kind smart poor virgin

by Anonymousreply 51November 23, 2022 1:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!