Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do You Want Your Remains Interred or Cremated?

Am going with cremation. Family plot will be filled to capacity once Mother dies, and cannot buy another remotely close as area is sold out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14November 23, 2022 7:30 PM

So far cremation wins by a huge margin. This seems to mimic what one sees elsewhere with cremation vastly out numbering burials.

Think part of it comes down to cost. Being interred is expensive, especially if one doesn't already own a plot or other burial site.

For gays think for many it comes down to good number live out or end their lives alone and perhaps estranged or with no close family remaining. Very little point to being interred if no one is going to visit and take care of grave.

by Anonymousreply 1November 23, 2022 2:42 PM

I'm leaving the corpse to medical science, though I still have to visit a certain medical institute in the capital because you can't arrange this via an online form like with organ donations. I'm nearing that dreaded cancer operation after several rounds of chemo, so I really have to get to it one of these days.

by Anonymousreply 2November 23, 2022 2:48 PM

I want to be rolled into the gutter, where I have spent most of my life, to be had by wild animals.

by Anonymousreply 3November 23, 2022 2:51 PM

Both; cremated and interred at a moselium.

by Anonymousreply 4November 23, 2022 2:54 PM

Stripped for any good usable spares like a totalled out old Ford or Chevy and whats left burnt.

I dont care who get the bits or for what, if someone wants two dicks all good its not as if I'll have any use for it

by Anonymousreply 5November 23, 2022 3:39 PM

There’s a decent chance I’m going to die before my mom (my dad already died) so she can do whatever makes her feel better.

by Anonymousreply 6November 23, 2022 3:41 PM

As R4 mentioned, you can inter cremains OP. 50-60% of decedents are interred by directive or by their next of kin.

I love it when simplistic morons author polls

by Anonymousreply 7November 23, 2022 4:00 PM

[quote]I want to be rolled into the gutter, where I have spent most of my life, to be had by wild animals.

Well, what's been happening in the meantime?

by Anonymousreply 8November 23, 2022 4:10 PM

I am going to be cremated and then interred in the family plot, on top of my grandma, who was probably not the only person who loved me, but who certainly loved me best. Also, I'm going to buy a double urn and my first (and favourite) dog is going in there with me.

by Anonymousreply 9November 23, 2022 4:11 PM

Couldn't care less.

by Anonymousreply 10November 23, 2022 4:11 PM

R9 that’s sweet. My dog’s staying with me, too.

I’m a donor and have volunteered everything but my skeleton and husk, which will be cremated and interred. My beloved dog passed away 4 years ago, his remains sit by my bedside. When the time comes, we’re going together to eternal refrain.

by Anonymousreply 11November 23, 2022 4:20 PM

Sprinkle me over Jeff fucking Stryker so he’ll have something else to bitch about.

by Anonymousreply 12November 23, 2022 7:28 PM

I shall be buried alongside ma-MA and pa-PA.

by Anonymousreply 13November 23, 2022 7:30 PM

Being thrown in the trash.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14November 23, 2022 7:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!