Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

It’s OFFICIAL! Trump is running for President in 2024

He just refuses to get lost.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91November 27, 2022 10:12 AM

his ego has so much at stake he'll probably never accept or acknowledge defeat

by Anonymousreply 1November 16, 2022 1:38 AM

He’s like herpes.

by Anonymousreply 2November 16, 2022 1:42 AM

all those losers in the tiny "crowd."

by Anonymousreply 3November 16, 2022 2:00 AM

The only people that want him to run are democrats.

by Anonymousreply 4November 16, 2022 2:01 AM

So he’s running. Whatever.

by Anonymousreply 5November 16, 2022 2:06 AM

MAGA = Make Asshole Go Away

by Anonymousreply 6November 16, 2022 2:45 AM

Good. I hope he and DeathSantis destroy each other.

by Anonymousreply 7November 16, 2022 2:50 AM

I'm sorry, too lazy to read through the article, please let him be running as an independent. Fracturing the Republican party would be one hell of a gift.

by Anonymousreply 8November 16, 2022 2:54 AM

His NPD won't let him go away quietly. He will go down kicking and screaming.

by Anonymousreply 9November 16, 2022 2:56 AM

He's running as a Republican R8.

by Anonymousreply 10November 16, 2022 2:59 AM

Or, rather, as whatever is left of the GOP in a year or two.

by Anonymousreply 11November 16, 2022 3:02 AM

If DeSantis also runs, could he beat Trump in the primary? If Trump loses the primary, he's likely to run as an Independent... which should guarantee the Democrat candidate's win.

If DeSantis doesn't run... well... I wonder who'll pose a strong enough challenge to Trump in the primary?

by Anonymousreply 12November 16, 2022 3:22 AM

Maybe I'm naive, but I don't see Trump winning another primary. If he squeaks by, I don't see him winning the general.

Americans are a fickle people.

by Anonymousreply 13November 16, 2022 7:25 AM

I think you are right, R13, but I wouldn't bet any money on it.

Trump has, somehow and undeservedly so, achieved cult status. That's a very powerful ingredient.

by Anonymousreply 14November 16, 2022 7:29 AM

True, r14. but I think rank-and-file Republicans see him as a liability now, not an asset. That's why I don't see him getting out of the primaries.

by Anonymousreply 15November 16, 2022 7:35 AM

Aside from his crazy followers, why do the rest of of have to be made aware of his every move? Why are MSNBC, CNN and other news outlets bringing his announcement live? Personally, I don't want to hear from him, I don't want to hear his lies. Can't we tell them to STOP reporting on his every move?

by Anonymousreply 16November 16, 2022 9:29 AM

I'm starting to think the media is part of his cult. They can't get enough of him....if he farts, it gets reported. Biden has passed good legislation...barely a footnote in the news. The media keeps flaming the fire and has given him continuous attention.

by Anonymousreply 17November 16, 2022 9:41 AM

Trump is a one-trick pony. Grifting. Of course he is running because he must continue the grifting.

by Anonymousreply 18November 16, 2022 9:43 AM

He's so over... we need to invent a new word for "over."

by Anonymousreply 19November 16, 2022 9:45 AM

Any day now Trump will return to Twitter. Enough of this mad man!

by Anonymousreply 20November 16, 2022 9:47 AM

Get the popcorn for a showdown between DeathSantis and Trump. This will only help democrats!

by Anonymousreply 21November 16, 2022 9:49 AM

R17 you are just "starting to think" that?

by Anonymousreply 22November 16, 2022 9:50 AM

Trump bullied his way to the nomination in 2016 and he'll do they same in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 23November 16, 2022 9:51 AM

^ I mean 2024, of course. Sorry girls.

by Anonymousreply 24November 16, 2022 9:51 AM

Any hillbilly who supports Trump deserves all the damage he'll do to their lives.

by Anonymousreply 25November 16, 2022 9:54 AM

He has a reliable 30% of the Republican Party behind him. There will only be room for a few alternatives or he’ll breeze through again.

by Anonymousreply 26November 16, 2022 9:55 AM

In trump's addled brain, he's still the real President. So, he's in his second term. He can't serve more than two terms...lol.

by Anonymousreply 27November 16, 2022 10:02 AM

I would caution everyone who says this will only help Democrats.

Everyone said that in 2016 as well.

Hillary was hoping he’d be the nominee.

There are forces out there stronger than the electorate. Putin is having a hard time in Ukraine.

The Mueller report stated that Russians were able to hack into our voting machines in 2016 but found no evidence that votes were changed.

That could change in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 28November 16, 2022 10:10 AM

[quote] I'm starting to think the media is part of his cult.

The overall issue is that the media pushes the drama where everything comes down to a nail-biting finish. Tear the clear favorite down and build the underdog up to put them on the same level to make the race more interesting. Toy with the readers' and viewers' emotions to stay invested in the story and how it unfolds.

On top of that there's, of course, the hidden agenda of those who own the media outlets, manipulating the readers and viewers further.

by Anonymousreply 29November 16, 2022 10:14 AM

R17 "Starting"? The media have been complicit with him since 2015.

by Anonymousreply 30November 16, 2022 10:14 AM

I'm really tired of listening to people talk about Trump. R30 Complicit? What a word choice.

by Anonymousreply 31November 16, 2022 10:29 AM

But but but Pence is "prayerfully" considering a run in his household.

by Anonymousreply 32November 16, 2022 10:38 AM

TDFFG doesn't grasp that his corrupt cronies aren't in place in the states anymore (or anew, as Lake would have been).

But it's only 2022. If the DOJ hasn't indicted DJT by 2024, then maybe Merrick Garland should be investigated!

by Anonymousreply 33November 16, 2022 10:42 AM

Pence is not dealing with reality. He won't get ANY Trump supporters, or independents or Dems. WTF is he thinking? If you had to wait until you published a book to confirm that you and your family were threatened by Trump's actions, don't expect us to be sympathetic.

by Anonymousreply 34November 16, 2022 10:42 AM

He's nutz.

He won't get the nomination this time b/c he's proved to everyone he's nutz. The people who still support him are also nutz.

There are a lot of nutz around, but not 70 million.

by Anonymousreply 35November 16, 2022 10:48 AM

Hang on, Pence thinks he could get the Deplorable vote, even though said Deplorables wanted to kill him during the 01/06/2021 storm on the US State Capitol? Religion. One hell of a drug.

by Anonymousreply 36November 16, 2022 10:53 AM

Pence is beyond an embarrassment. I feel embarrassed for him.

by Anonymousreply 37November 16, 2022 11:04 AM

He'll get praise and financial support from the Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 38November 16, 2022 11:05 AM

liberal entertainers, including "news" people, but all others as well, have built an industry on Trump as the material. So its not just the conservatards and magat and q-anon nuts who won't let Trump fade away.

by Anonymousreply 39November 16, 2022 11:12 AM

R39 The hatred of him has become so outsized and overblown over the years, they're painting themselves into a corner trying to parody him. He's like a trickster God or an all-powerful warrior king now if you go off media portrayals alone. They've done themselves such a huge disservice trying to propagandize against him.

As with most things Democrats do, it has backfired horrifically.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40November 16, 2022 11:19 AM

I guess advice for anyone trying to parody him, don't focus on petty insults against the man himself. Don't call him a baby or say he shat himself, etc. Parody nationalistic populism as promoted by him. Parody the ideas he promotes and the style in which he presents them (his playboy aesthetic, his weird speech patterns, his ridiculous lifestyle, etc.) This would require actually watching a speech or two of his to know what he actually says and how he says it.

One of the few good examples I've seen in seven years:

[Quote]The full tweet reads, “I am feeling much better. The doctors said they’ve never seen a body kill the coronavirus like mine. They said my body was made to kill virus’s. They tested my DNA and they said it wasn’t DNA, it was USA. They said if Joe Biden had the virus he would have died several times by now. They said there is no way anyone with a body like mine could lose an election. I’m gonna win HUGE.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41November 16, 2022 11:25 AM

^also liberals in general need to get a sense of humor and learn to discern jokes. "Fact checking" jokes is embarrassing for the left.

by Anonymousreply 42November 16, 2022 11:27 AM

[quote] I would caution everyone who says this will only help Democrats. Everyone said that in 2016 as well.

In 2016 he hadn't tried to start a coup, been impeached twice, gotten caught trying to blackmail Zelenskyy, gotten caught enriching himself with CIA/FBI funds and money from other countries, told people to inject bleach into themselves to cure COVID, stolen classified documents, lost a re-election bid, had his company sued for tax fraud, acted like an escapee from a nursing home on multiple occasions, gone batshit crazy with the makeup, embarrassed himself internationally while hopped up on COVID drugs, and a host of other things that have happened since 2016.

Also, in 2016, we didn't know how much hacking the Russians had done -- we now know they broke into voter registration systems in every state in the Union -- and a lot of people just wanted anyone but Hillary. On top of that, the FBI did their best to throw the election.

All of that is going to come into play in 2024, not to mention the results of the NY charges against him, the rape accusations, and more.

Anyone who tries to say that he's in the same position as he was in 2016 and therefore is the exact same kind of threat is simply wrong. He's probably still a threat, but more because he's a desperate cornered animal who is going to take down everyone he can if he starts to fall.

by Anonymousreply 43November 16, 2022 11:30 AM

[quote] ^also liberals in general need to get a sense of humor and learn to discern jokes. "Fact checking" jokes is embarrassing for the left.

Bitch, please. Trump LIES about EVERYTHING. He wouldn’t know humor if it bit him in the ass. He’s a pathological lying narcissist. He doesn’t HAVE a sense of irony or humor. Repigs don’t have a sense of humor either. Nothing they say is worth laughing about.

by Anonymousreply 44November 16, 2022 11:46 AM

[quote] He's probably still a threat, but more because he's a desperate cornered animal who is going to take down everyone he can if he starts to fall.

Donald Trump will never hold elected office again, most certainly not the Presidency. The only thing he’s a “threat” to is the Republican Party, and that’s their problem to figure out. For the rest of the world, he’s finished.

by Anonymousreply 45November 16, 2022 11:49 AM

If he wins America is doomed. Not because he would be President but because that many people would vote for him.

by Anonymousreply 46November 16, 2022 11:51 AM

I thought Susan Collins was the most mealy mouthed politician in America. But after seeing his recent interview Pence beats her by a mile.

by Anonymousreply 47November 16, 2022 11:57 AM

R46 please see R44 and maybe the attraction of Trump will be more evident.

by Anonymousreply 48November 16, 2022 12:00 PM

Not this crap again. So now this is ALL we’ll hear about for the next 2 fucking years.

by Anonymousreply 49November 16, 2022 12:04 PM

R49 They are going to furiously masterbate themselves to him day in and day out until he wins- at which they will have a screeching existential meltdown- before furiously masterbating themselves for another four years after that.

by Anonymousreply 50November 16, 2022 12:13 PM

Colbert covers announcement at :26

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51November 16, 2022 12:51 PM

Liberals underestimated Trump in 2016. We didn't know who is backing him (Putin) and how social media was overrun by Russian Troll Farms and Cambridge Analytica (the Mercers, Thiel, etc.), American Inc. Media sweeping negative Trump stories under the carpet while demonizing Hillary. This is not going to happen again. And I think Putin and the others know that the same scheme won't work twice on us Liberals.

by Anonymousreply 52November 16, 2022 12:56 PM

NY Post, bottom of front page today:

"Florida man makes announcement. See pg 26."

by Anonymousreply 53November 16, 2022 1:04 PM

[quote]They are going to furiously masterbate themselves to him day in and day out until he wins

I'm masterbaking right now, lemon cake.

by Anonymousreply 54November 16, 2022 1:04 PM

LOL R53! You gotta hand it to the NY Post. They do the best headlines and the best dissing.

by Anonymousreply 55November 16, 2022 1:07 PM

That's how it should be done...^^. Don't name him...just Florida man...and put him on the back page..

by Anonymousreply 56November 16, 2022 1:08 PM

The media follows him because he’s a train wreck inside a dumpster fire, but all it does is continuously bring him publicity. And the ability to play victim. Which he craves. And the more lawsuits, investigations, etc., drag on or go nowhere, the more invincible he looks to his supporters. He really just needs to die for this nonsense to stop.

by Anonymousreply 57November 16, 2022 1:09 PM

He's just fucking incorrigible. I cannot stand his Wife either. He's done. Just go already.

by Anonymousreply 58November 16, 2022 1:12 PM

2016: Underestimated DJT and Celebrity-hood. Overestimated HRC (most egregiously by BHO, who should've been Biden's Kingmaker but desired to be the historic Clinton Queenmaker).

2020: Fool me twice...won't get fooled again (tm GWB).

2022: More---but not total---voter repudiation of Trumpism. Emboldened by survival, DJT announces Try #3.

2023: The Year of Garland, for good or ill. Is he Sir Thomas More, or is he concerned "for Wales"?

2024: Unending reminders to GOTFV.

by Anonymousreply 59November 16, 2022 2:24 PM

Like a cockroach!

by Anonymousreply 60November 16, 2022 2:47 PM

STD '24....Stop The Donald

by Anonymousreply 61November 16, 2022 3:12 PM

[quote]I cannot stand his Wife either.

What deed I done?

by Anonymousreply 62November 16, 2022 5:01 PM

[quote]furiously masterbate themselves

[quote]before furiously masterbating themselves

Oh, DEAR!

by Anonymousreply 63November 16, 2022 10:23 PM

Kevin McCarthy, who has kissed Trump's ass for years, won't say whether or not he will endorse Trump. Trump likes payback, so he'll convince his MAGA supporters in Congress not to vote for McCarthy for Speaker.

by Anonymousreply 64November 17, 2022 10:15 AM

"I would caution everyone who says this will only help Democrats.

Everyone said that in 2016 as well."

A few things have changed since 2016, R28: an attempted coup, disproven claims of voter fraud and attempts to overturn an election, violence against elected officials and/or their families, spurned on by him and his base. None of that had occurred in 2016. The full weight of the ugliness of this man, his discord-sowing, his toxic divisiveness, his corruption and lawsuits...people are sick and tired of him. The evidence of that wasd the midterms: all his fervent election deniers lost. People want to move on from him.

by Anonymousreply 65November 17, 2022 10:39 AM

He's like a monster in a cheap B horror film -- you cut off his head and he grows and new one and keeps coming at you.

He's nutz. Lock him up.

by Anonymousreply 66November 17, 2022 10:48 AM

What y'all think?

His early announcement will mean other GOP contenders will jump in soon so he doesn't have the platform all to himself?

Or will they wait till he founders and they get a sense of which way the moneybags are leaning?

by Anonymousreply 67November 19, 2022 12:17 PM

Legal analysts from MSNBC and CNN seem to agree that pulling someone from The Hague and assigning him as special counsel in these investigations suggests the "high likelihood" that Trump will be indicted in at least one, if not both, matters. Hooray!

by Anonymousreply 68November 20, 2022 12:08 PM

He's allowed to be back on Twitter again...*sigh* No surprise.

by Anonymousreply 69November 20, 2022 1:06 PM

R68 It's certainly not some pathetic circus stunt that is embarrassing to everyone, including the U.N. now.

by Anonymousreply 70November 20, 2022 1:24 PM

[quote] He's allowed to be back on Twitter again...*sigh* No surprise.

BFD. Things are never the same the second time around. Let him bring it on. Life has moved on

by Anonymousreply 71November 20, 2022 4:38 PM

[quote]He's allowed to be back on Twitter again...*sigh* No surprise.

He'll be the answer when someone on DL asks, "Why did Twitter go straight down the shitter?"

by Anonymousreply 72November 20, 2022 5:59 PM

I would find it hard to believe that Trump isn't working behind the scenes to deny Kevin McCarthy the speakership.

by Anonymousreply 73November 24, 2022 6:18 AM

^ who do you think Dump wants, R73?

it would be in character for Dump to dump "My Kevin", now as loyalty only goes one way

by Anonymousreply 74November 24, 2022 11:16 AM

R39. The hatred of Trump is overblown? What exactly do you feel about this man? What feeling does he deserve other than complete hatred?

by Anonymousreply 75November 24, 2022 11:37 AM

R75 He's just a man. I don't think you're capable of articulating exactly why you hate him so much. You're just acting on social conditioning.

by Anonymousreply 76November 24, 2022 12:45 PM

Fuck off, R76. After 6 years of Dump, we all know why we hate him. I can give you 2 immediate reasons: mocking a handicapped reporter and then attemping a coup. And about 12,000 reasons in between.

And he's not just a man. He has an army of MAGAts behind him willing to commit domestic terrorism on his behalf.

Now, let me repeat: FUCK OFF, R76, you shit stain.

by Anonymousreply 77November 24, 2022 2:52 PM

You make good points R77 and then you come off as a child with the name calling. You didn't like it when Trump mocked someone, but you can, huh?

by Anonymousreply 78November 24, 2022 3:51 PM

R78 Not that poster but R77 wasn't mocking - that's invective!

by Anonymousreply 79November 24, 2022 3:52 PM

You're also a fool, R78. And a blocked one.

by Anonymousreply 80November 24, 2022 3:59 PM

He could very well win the Republican primary, even as he's more low energy and looking gaunt. There will likely be 15 or so people running--the usual retreads like Ted Cruz and Little Marco--plus new ones like Mike Pompeo. Once Dump starts in there, cutting them down and insulting them, they will bow down and fall in line. And his base of crazies will love it. That's what happened in 2016, he got the majority of the primary voters because there were so many candidates diluting the vote.

And if he is nominated, it will GUARANTEE a blue wave in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 81November 24, 2022 4:08 PM

R78 doesn't even know the difference. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 82November 24, 2022 4:32 PM

Trump announced his run, so he could start that grift again where he can do money begs for his candidacy. The donations that Trump receives will only benefit Trump, and it will not go to either the GOP or the GOP's favored candidates.

However, it looks like big money donors already said that they are not donating their money to Trump, but the small, Deplorable donors will be the ones the GOP needs to make them and their candidates look popular in the media. Big donors (aka 1%) support only will make them look like what they truly are: Beholden to the rich and protecting their interest instead of caring for the interests of the common folk.

by Anonymousreply 83November 24, 2022 4:47 PM

Trump's candidates can't even win Republican primaries. Imagine how he'll do in a general election.

by Anonymousreply 84November 24, 2022 6:19 PM

Trump is always setting up grifts.

- Give me money, so I can "drain the swamp". -

If he wins, he's going to take his grift to big business and foreign agents.

If he loses, he claims the election was rigged, and he needs money to fight and prove it.

by Anonymousreply 85November 24, 2022 7:01 PM

R76. What kind oh stupid my response is “he’s just a man”. As opposed to what? Since you post with such stupidity I think you probably shouldn’t make any assumption about anyone else’s intellect.

by Anonymousreply 86November 25, 2022 3:05 AM

R80 is blocked.

by Anonymousreply 87November 25, 2022 10:32 AM

As another poster very correctly pointed out all Republicans are not Nazis but all Nazis are Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 88November 27, 2022 2:20 AM

Some Fox News commentators are upset with Trump meeting with Kanye and Nick Fuentes. I never heard of Nick but just read about him now - unbelievable that Trump would want to be in the same room with this hateful man. Trump says he didn't know Nick - more lies. Will this ever end?

by Anonymousreply 89November 27, 2022 9:23 AM

[quote]He just refuses to get lost.

A real conundrum considering how often and thoroughly he loses.

by Anonymousreply 90November 27, 2022 9:27 AM

DJT’s voters.have aged too. His lady ‘s friskiness has become stale and is no longer a novelty. Another year, Father Time gets ‘em.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91November 27, 2022 10:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!