Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Michelle Obama Interview

Robin Roberts interviews Michelle Obama, and talks about her new book "The Light We Carry," and 30 years of marriage to Barack Obama.

Part I.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29December 8, 2022 12:08 AM

Part II.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 14, 2022 3:09 PM

Part III.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 14, 2022 3:13 PM

Part IV.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 14, 2022 3:13 PM

I really like her, but I'm not that interested in this. I think it's a bad time to release this. Everyone's tired of politics. Even things that are politics adjacent.

Sorry Michelle. I hope it sells well

by Anonymousreply 4November 14, 2022 3:18 PM

Sasha turned out gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 5November 14, 2022 3:20 PM

Michelle Obama is dull. Her life goal appears to be as rich and sanctimonious as Angel-Network-Era Oprah without all the quirky, damaged stuff that makes Oprah interesting.

by Anonymousreply 6December 5, 2022 3:03 AM

[quote]Sorry Michelle. I hope it sells well

Thank you for the apology and well wishes despited the fact that you're not interested in my interviews and think the release of my book was ill-timed. I do appreciate you taking the high rode and still hoping my book sells well despite your side-eye toward it all, R4.

-Michelle

by Anonymousreply 7December 5, 2022 3:22 AM

You wonder what the Obamas do all day. Work on their next books? Write a speech?

by Anonymousreply 8December 5, 2022 3:47 AM

Yes, Sasha is pretty, but I think she wears too much makeup. Ma’lia is the real beauty.

by Anonymousreply 9December 5, 2022 4:27 AM

[quote] Sasha turned out gorgeous.

She really did. I don't know why the media is so desperate to try to make her sister, who I do not find attractive, an LA "it" girl.

Michelle has gained a lot of weight. She looks better with a more fit, athletic body. What happened to that? Wasn't she very big on fitness and being proud of her biceps?

by Anonymousreply 10December 5, 2022 5:45 AM

Yeah poor Malia got all her looks from her mother.

by Anonymousreply 11December 5, 2022 5:47 AM

Malia has a very long face. I think Chelsea Clinton was probably the most notorious of ugly first children, at least in my lifetime. I remember SNL used to impersonate her and they really made a big deal about not picking on her in the media.

by Anonymousreply 12December 5, 2022 5:52 AM

I don't know but the inspirational stuff, the 'when they go low- we go high' isn't the right attitude in these days. One of Obama's biggest faults during his presidency was that he was too cautious, to careful, too weak.

Meh!

by Anonymousreply 13December 5, 2022 6:03 AM

[quote] Did you think she'd read this?

Did you think the poster wrote that seriously as if she would?

by Anonymousreply 14December 5, 2022 6:46 AM

I agree with R4. I see the book advertised in the European country I live in and I'm clearly not the target demographic because I usually wouldn't touch "inspirational" books with a stick anyway. Can someone give me an elevator pitch and convince me to read it?

by Anonymousreply 15December 5, 2022 6:55 AM

[quote] I see the book advertised in the European country I live in and I'm clearly not the target demographic because I usually wouldn't touch "inspirational" books with a stick anyway. Can someone give me an elevator pitch and convince me to read it?

I posed nude in the centerfold of the book.

Does that help you decide?

by Anonymousreply 16December 5, 2022 7:16 AM

"I do appreciate you taking the high rode..."

Oh, dear, R7!

by Anonymousreply 17December 5, 2022 7:22 AM

Michelle is getting a bit tiresome. She’s coming across as another Meghan and Harry.

by Anonymousreply 18December 5, 2022 8:20 AM

Okay, I shouldn't have written what I wrote at R7, poor grammar and all. I think it's a little amusing when people personalize celebrity culture, but I obviously didn't convey that in the post and instead sounded insulting. Sorry R4 and anyone else I may have offended...

Anyway...I like the [italic]idea[/italic] of Michelle Obama, but when I hear her speak, it's a real snoozefest.

by Anonymousreply 19December 5, 2022 9:28 AM

She is indeed getting tiresome. I always liked her because she seemed strong and had her head on straight. But this is just some whiny, pretentious, privileged garbage! If this is the real Michelle Obama, she and her PR team did a good job of hiding it for 8 years.

by Anonymousreply 20December 5, 2022 9:33 AM

She must be bored, so she wrote a book.

Michelle can't practice law any more.

Her kids are all grown up and moved out.

What else is there for her to do?

Actually, I can answer that.

She and Barack should emulate the Carters in retirement.

Ensuring fair elections by acting as observers in this country and around the world, and volunteering their time with Habitat for Humanity, or another cause of their choosing.

They both have a good 20-30 years ahead of them.

Do something important!

by Anonymousreply 21December 5, 2022 9:42 AM

The best are the color photos in the middle of the book of Michelle and Melania scissoring on a bed full of roses and diamonds.

by Anonymousreply 22December 7, 2022 6:57 AM

I like her but she's not a natural politician - she always come off fake to me.

by Anonymousreply 23December 7, 2022 7:20 AM

I liked her as First Lady but she seems to have turned into another tiresome celebrity now.

by Anonymousreply 24December 7, 2022 7:23 AM

First Ladies should be seen and not heard, and rarely at that. No one elected them.

by Anonymousreply 25December 7, 2022 7:31 AM

r25 = Melania T.

by Anonymousreply 26December 7, 2022 7:34 AM

Will Melania be listed in history and trivia books as the first First Lady to be seen nude by the entire world ?

by Anonymousreply 27December 7, 2022 7:40 AM

I’m reading a book by Stephanie Grisham. She was press secretary for Melania and got to know her somewhat. Or at least observe her up close. So far, Melania has little substance beyond her love for fashion and children, but she is far more likable than “Princess” Ivanka, Melania and Stephanie’s nickname for her.

by Anonymousreply 28December 7, 2022 7:18 PM

R28 - 😉❤️😂

by Anonymousreply 29December 8, 2022 12:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!