Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why did that surgeon leave Princess Diana?

In The Crown you see him watching the famous interview and then she says he left her. No reason given.

by Anonymousreply 134November 23, 2022 10:23 PM

One night stand.

by Anonymousreply 1November 14, 2022 3:02 AM

cuz bitch was crazy

by Anonymousreply 2November 14, 2022 3:05 AM

OP Google is your friend....

"While Diana and Hasnat were clearly in love, he was "undecided about the prospect of marriage" and things were kinda on-and-off. They eventually ended their relationship in July 1997. According to one of Diana's friends who spoke to Sarah Bradford, "He was a wonderful person and he was in love with her, he was completely besotted with her, but he did not want to marry her."

While this implies that Hasnat ended things, he claimed during an inquest into Diana's death that she ended the relationship, saying (via The Daily Mail), "I think Diana finally realized that Al Fayed could give her all the things I could not. He had money and could provide the necessary security. You never see Al Fayed without six or seven bodyguards."

/quote

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 14, 2022 3:08 AM

Diana certainly had a taste for oily Middle Eastern gits.

by Anonymousreply 4November 14, 2022 3:09 AM

R3 Some help those bodyguards turned out to be!

by Anonymousreply 5November 14, 2022 3:13 AM

Oh really, R4?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 14, 2022 3:15 AM

The show made it seem like he was turned off by the interview she did.

by Anonymousreply 7November 14, 2022 3:17 AM

Rolling around with Diana, Princess of Wales was one thing, but marrying her would have been quite another.

You'd have to be a right great big muffin to take on being tied to Diana, an emotionally needy train wreck of a woman, till "death do us part". There wouldn't be any easy escape either; a second husband who wanted or attempted to divorce Diana would be roasted by her friends, the press and Diana-maniacs.

by Anonymousreply 8November 14, 2022 3:24 AM

Let’s face facts she wasn’t scared of hotties, bless her heart . That doctor was intelligent and hot NGL. Dodi was simply amazing. Apparently her son Harry liked him too.

by Anonymousreply 9November 14, 2022 3:29 AM

I wonder what season 6 will cover. Diana's death and the aftermath have already been done by the same writer in The Queen.

by Anonymousreply 10November 14, 2022 3:35 AM

Surgeon had a hospital job and didn’t want to lose his job. There is a guy I know that simply stated that he didn’t support a medical treatment modality and someone in the BRF cancelled him and he got fired from Oxford. OK to be more specific he stated that a certain treatment modality had low to zero efficacy and that the positive effects from it are a result of the placebo effect. Look what happened to Diana. Her kids are scarred for life

by Anonymousreply 11November 14, 2022 3:35 AM

[quote] Surgeon had a hospital job and didn’t want to lose his job. There is a guy I know that simply stated that he didn’t support a medical treatment modality and someone in the BRF cancelled him and he got fired from Oxford. OK to be more specific he stated that a certain treatment modality had low to zero efficacy and that the positive effects from it are a result of the placebo effect. Look what happened to Diana. Her kids are scarred for life

Wut?

by Anonymousreply 12November 14, 2022 3:46 AM

Hasnat was a respected heart surgeon from an upper-caste Muslim family, who was expected to marry a woman from the same culture. He loved Diana but didn't want to sacrifice his career and his family's expectations to her fame and neediness. When it became clear he would never marry her, she ghosted him. Dodi was her rebound man--he wouldn't have lasted if they had lived. Hell, he had a fiancé he was hiding from Diana on his father's orders.

by Anonymousreply 13November 14, 2022 3:55 AM

Unfortunately in circles Diana moved about in finding a good steady bloke isn't always easy.

Diana wanted a man with boundless unlimited amounts of patience, understanding and loving, but also one who could be firm and play the heavy to curb the worst of her excesses.

A more sophisticated woman would have handled her marriage to Prince Charles differently and likely would be queen today. Poor Lady Diana never stood a chance. Growing up as she did doomed the poor thing to always go looking for love in wrong places.

One thinks of the character "Linda Radlett " in "Love In A Cold Climate" and "Pursuit of Love" by Nancy Mitford. Beautiful, highly strung and doomed to falling into love with wrong men.

As "the Bolter" comments to her daughter about how Linda Radlett could have been happy with Fabrice because was the great love of her life... "Oh darling, one always thinks that; every single time..."

by Anonymousreply 14November 14, 2022 4:45 AM

Diana also wanted a man who would put her fame and career first. Tina Brown talked about the fact that she wanted Hasnat Khan to give up his career as a cardiatric surgeon in London to travel the world with her sponsoring health initiatives. It was one of the reasons they broke up.

by Anonymousreply 15November 14, 2022 4:05 PM

Oh, let's face it, Diana needed a billionaire with access to the best shrinks money could buy. The lady was the ultimate "high maintenance" girl

by Anonymousreply 16November 14, 2022 4:13 PM

She only dated him for free caviar.

by Anonymousreply 17November 14, 2022 5:15 PM

He found out that her title was not “Princess Diana”, OP.

by Anonymousreply 18November 14, 2022 7:54 PM

I believe in the Tina Brown bio, she says that Hasnat grew increasingly worried about her that last summer and tried to reach her to no avail.

by Anonymousreply 19November 14, 2022 8:13 PM

[quote] Let’s face facts she wasn’t scared of hotties, bless her heart . That doctor was intelligent and hot NGL. Dodi was simply amazing. Apparently her son Harry liked him too.

I didn’t think any of her lovers were all that good looking, including the doctor.

by Anonymousreply 20November 14, 2022 8:33 PM

He sensed the crazy.

by Anonymousreply 21November 14, 2022 8:36 PM

Sounds like she was flailing around Europe looking for a $ugardaddy, embarrassing herself and The Royal Family.

by Anonymousreply 22November 14, 2022 8:52 PM

Diana, Princess of Wales didn't need a sugar daddy. Between money her father left her and what she extracted from POW as part of divorce settlement Diana was loaded.

Had she lived one assumes there would have been a media deal or two, sort of along lines what Diana's son, Prince Harry is getting up to. He's another one that likes getting up the BRF's collective noses.

by Anonymousreply 23November 14, 2022 9:13 PM

He's fug. She was nuts.

by Anonymousreply 24November 14, 2022 11:36 PM

When was she dating/stalking all the married men, and how did the press report on it as all that was happening?

by Anonymousreply 25November 15, 2022 12:53 AM

So vulgar.

by Anonymousreply 26November 15, 2022 1:01 AM

R25 I can't remember but I do know they printed a fabricated story about her saving a man from drowning

by Anonymousreply 27November 15, 2022 1:20 AM

R23 her father didn't leave her anything: everything is ruled by primogeniture and everything went to her brother who struggles to keep his head above water and a roof on Althorp. She had her divorce money from Charles but without a rich guy to live off of, she would have gone through that quickly. Which is why marrying - had he been willing - the surgeon would have been a big mistake. She was too used to living a life of extreme luxury.

by Anonymousreply 28November 15, 2022 1:28 AM

Kahn said she ghosted him.

He hasn't given many interviews and the ones he has are circumspect. Around the time of the Naomi Watts movie he gave a couple. He really hated the movie and the imagining of their private moments. In one of his few interviews, and without going into detail he said one day he could not reach her and realized she had changed her number. He said he knew what this was because he'd seen it before. And next thing, she'd surfaced in the media with the Fayeds. I can't recall if he commented on what she was going with that - he did not say she was trying to make him jealous.

He was not someone to elaborate. When the interviewer asked if he thinks they'd married if she'd lived or if their romance would have gone in he answered "I think no matter what we would always be friends."

He described their romance as "normal" sexually and in every other way, did not think she was crazy, thought she was wonderful with her charities and as a mother. He'd spend nights at Kensington Palace with her.

I think there's a lot more going on with him than he's ever revealed. He married a 26 year old Pakistani woman after Diana's death and the marriage ended almost immediately. But I believe his report that she changed her number and he suddenly had no way to reach her, couldn't send a message, etc.

The obstacle between them IMO wasn't her being used to extreme luxury but that she was as high maintenance as an infant, needing constant attention and reassurance and control. Her vision for the two of them was sort of a doctors without borders, him being a star surgeon like Christian Bernard (only in the third world) and her glitter shedding light. That was not anything he would have wanted. And as much as she'd call previous loves Oliver Hoare and Will Carling hundreds of times a day, that's how often she'd call Kahn at work, and show up at the hospital. Diana could never sustain a relationship with someone who had anything going on in their lives besides being her man. She wanted the prestige of whatever it is they did - heart surgeon, Prince of Wales - but didn't want them actually doing it instead of paying attention to her.

by Anonymousreply 29November 15, 2022 1:32 AM

Easy to understand why it would difficult to marry Diana and have a life and career. As for Dodi Fayed- I doubt that was serious. A friend of mine dated him around 1980 and thought he was little more than a very rich man’s son- she dumped him and she definitely was a bit of a Manhattan “princess” herself looking for a very rich guy- so….

by Anonymousreply 30November 15, 2022 1:32 AM

R30, you're deranged and so completely full of bullshit. Your “friend”…. Bitch get off.

by Anonymousreply 31November 15, 2022 1:48 AM

R23, she was worth 23 million when she died. Not enough to live easily amongst the billionaire /aristocracy crowd she was accustomed to. Hence having to whore it up with playboys in exchange for a yacht vacation for her sons and herself with Dodi - whom she wasn’t even into.

She may have found a fashion collaboration or something to bring in some dollars but coming from the illustrious Spencer family, she would have found that extremely plebeian. Perhaps another book deal would have come along. It would have been interesting to see her at 50 having to hustle.

by Anonymousreply 32November 15, 2022 3:00 AM

The only reason that she ended up on Fayed’s yacht was because she had nothing else to do. She had ditched most of her friends, her sons were up at Balmoral and she was at a loose end. Which is how she was in Paris in August - the month when the beau monde leave Paris for their summer holidays and nobody who is anybody would be seen dead in Paris.

Which she was.

by Anonymousreply 33November 15, 2022 3:07 AM

The boys spent some time on the yacht with them at an earlier point in the summer.

by Anonymousreply 34November 15, 2022 3:12 AM

Diana seemed to be a real extrovert, needed a lot of action and interaction. Besides her humanitarian work, did she have any personal interests or hobbies? She didn't seem to like animals very much. Swimming and working out, I guess. Restless.

by Anonymousreply 35November 15, 2022 3:17 AM

And, R34?

by Anonymousreply 36November 15, 2022 4:06 AM

What did Diana see in the man?

Even when young Hasnat looked like an oily git who crawled out of laundry bag.

DM link to follow.

by Anonymousreply 37November 15, 2022 6:11 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38November 15, 2022 6:11 AM

Political, religious, family, issues.

by Anonymousreply 39November 15, 2022 7:28 AM

[quote] Which is how she was in Paris in August - the month when the beau monde leave Paris for their summer holidays and nobody who is anybody would be seen dead in Paris. Which she was.

Excellent point

by Anonymousreply 40November 15, 2022 7:57 AM

And what r36? Do you actually read threads before posting stuff like that? The post before mine said her sons were at balmoral for the summer.

by Anonymousreply 41November 15, 2022 10:35 AM

They were.

by Anonymousreply 42November 15, 2022 10:38 AM

As well as st tropez, r42 which I was pointing out…but punch and block to you for having zero critical thinking or reading comprehension skills. It’s a thread. People post what they know about the topic at hand. Since I see you are the author of r33 that I originally responded to, you’re clearly just offended someone merely pointed out an historical fact after your statement that they were at balmoral for the summer. You are also R42 r36. You obviously have issues with someone pointing out an on-topic historical fact.

by Anonymousreply 43November 15, 2022 10:57 AM

Dodi had a fiancee in LA. His father pushed the "romance" to get publicity. Al Fayed was desperate and furious: the Brit aristocracy and government ignored him. He wanted revenge. So did Di which is why she went along with the fake "romance". Girl also loved publicity and the paparazzi despite her denials.

by Anonymousreply 44November 15, 2022 3:36 PM

I could see Diana catching herself a tech billionaire if she'd lived a bit longer. She definitely would have needed a billionaire to give her the security and luxury she wanted.

by Anonymousreply 45November 17, 2022 9:04 PM

The real question is : Why did that surgeon GO with princess Charles ? "

it's Princess CHARLES !

by Anonymousreply 46November 17, 2022 9:07 PM

R45 = Ghost of Jackie O.

by Anonymousreply 47November 17, 2022 9:08 PM

[quote] She didn't seem to like animals very much.

Really?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48November 17, 2022 9:18 PM

Only Jackie lived a lot longer because she married the billionaire and got the hell out of the States for a while until things calmed down. Diana would have been wise to do the same instead of fucking around will a billionaire's son and pissing off the government by dating Muslims and interfering in politics.

by Anonymousreply 49November 17, 2022 9:19 PM

[quote]You never see Al Fayed without six or seven bodyguards

Hot.

by Anonymousreply 50November 17, 2022 9:20 PM

[quote] Diana would have been wise

so many wrongs in that sentence

by Anonymousreply 51November 17, 2022 9:21 PM

To cross the road.

by Anonymousreply 52November 17, 2022 9:22 PM

At least that sentence understood the importance of capitalization and punctuation r51.

by Anonymousreply 53November 17, 2022 9:22 PM

R37 Big fat brown cut cock

by Anonymousreply 54November 17, 2022 9:33 PM

R53, unclench babe, I just meant that Di was anything BUT wise. She was quite the moron to start with, and needed the doctor to babysit her personality disorder24/7. No thanks

by Anonymousreply 55November 17, 2022 9:37 PM

You do know, OP, that this is "The Crown" you're watching? And not the BBC?

by Anonymousreply 56November 17, 2022 9:38 PM

The behind the scenes story is that, as she has with every man she has ever been involved with, Diana wanted total affirmation and adoration every minute of every day - eventually, Khan simply couldn't handle it any longer. She was already planning their assault on the world as THE Humanitarian Power Couple!

Sound familiar?

He didn't want the circus that would inevitably collect around them. And, his family didn't approve of her, either. Too much baggage, too many lovers . . . and with way too big feet.

by Anonymousreply 57November 17, 2022 9:46 PM

R57 what size was she ?

by Anonymousreply 58November 17, 2022 9:49 PM

12 EEE.

by Anonymousreply 59November 17, 2022 9:53 PM

She was Christian and naive. He knew what was expected of him. Fool around with the blonde English girls, marry the Pakistani woman from a similar family background to yours. Family is happy, children are happy, everyone is same religion.

I don’t know what it’s like now but when I was a young nurse every Pakistani doctor I knew — male and female — sent their kids to Pakistan every summer during school break. They stayed with grandparents or aunties /uncles for the “lived experience” of Pakistani culture.

I worked with an Indian doctor who was tres gay. He shacked up with his French boyfriend. He was married with kids. Brought his daughter with him to work one day and spoke/acted very not-gay. It was obvious his kids didn’t know he was gay. I wonder if his wife knew. They were not divorced. One of the other nurses told me the dr “was on call” (eyebrows) several nights a week and that’s when he lived with the bf. As long as he fulfilled his family’s expectation - marriage, children - it was ok.

by Anonymousreply 60November 17, 2022 10:25 PM

"When he was seeing Diana it was reported that she went to visit his family without his knowledge. When he found out he was said to be furious. Leave him alone now. Time moves on and so has he."

Khan has repeatedly turned down large sums of money to talk about Diana and his relationship showing his personal nintegrity. Likely Princess Diana picked up on his moral character and pursued him despite their cultural differences and long-term expectations.

by Anonymousreply 61November 18, 2022 3:28 AM

She wouldn’t wear a bed sheet and walk tan feet behind him , head down. He was Muslim and she was finally finding her voice and confidence.

by Anonymousreply 62November 18, 2022 3:34 AM

Dr. Khan had refused to talk about Diana for a couple of decades but he finally gave an interview - to Diana's friend Richard Kay of the Mail I think - and said he still was in contact with William.

by Anonymousreply 63November 18, 2022 4:00 AM

R48 You found a picture of her awkwardly holding a dog someone in a crowd handed her, good for you. There's also that one shot of her cuddling a guinea pig when she was 12. I guess she loved animals after all.

by Anonymousreply 64November 18, 2022 2:59 PM

It's an important issue it seems.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65November 18, 2022 4:27 PM

Diana was not the dog-and-horsy type.

by Anonymousreply 66November 18, 2022 8:37 PM

[quote]You do know, OP, that this is "The Crown" you're watching? And not the BBC?

Well, these days, that's comparing apples and apples.

by Anonymousreply 67November 18, 2022 8:42 PM

R65 Man, her nose looks like a fucking DICK in that photo.

by Anonymousreply 68November 18, 2022 10:32 PM

Her nose always confused me by how different it’s shape and size could be from Photo to photo.

I have to say that even back then I never conserved her the great beauty that others thought.

I get the fashion icon thing but just from a facial perspective I never found her pretty at all.

by Anonymousreply 69November 18, 2022 10:36 PM

“Considered” ^

by Anonymousreply 70November 18, 2022 10:36 PM

Plus her hair styles were always woefully out of date even back then. She was growing her hair out before she died. Maybe she would have gone for a Bob or something.

by Anonymousreply 71November 18, 2022 10:38 PM

Well, she wasn't a perfect beauty in the classical sense. But she had beautiful features that played well together, even if not perfect taken alone. Her beautiful skin, huge blue eyes, nice teeth, height, and gorgeous legs were quite enough in themselves. And in some of those earlier years, in her early twenties, before she got rather hard looking, she could often look exquisite. And she was incredibly photogenic.

Very few people would look at this photograph and not see a beautiful woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72November 19, 2022 12:38 AM

She was undeniably striking, once she hit her stride. Truly charismatic, with a self-assured style.

by Anonymousreply 73November 19, 2022 12:44 AM

She peaked in her late 20s--she still had the flush of youth but came off as a confident woman instead of Shy Di.

by Anonymousreply 74November 19, 2022 3:33 AM

R68 It's a long English nose, and it's what gave her that aristocratic look.

by Anonymousreply 75November 19, 2022 11:54 AM

He left because Diana was not a virgin

by Anonymousreply 76November 19, 2022 12:14 PM

I read an article where someone - maybe a royal reporter who knew her or something like that - said that she actually “wasn’t “ particularly photogenic and that to see her in person you would be absolutely knocked over by how gorgeous she was vs her photos. That’s not saying she looked bad in photos. Just that she was much better looking in real life.

by Anonymousreply 77November 19, 2022 12:45 PM

I remember hearing an interview with some rockstar, I want to say it was Phil Collins, back in the 80s and he was saying how much more stunning she was in person.

by Anonymousreply 78November 19, 2022 12:48 PM

She looked like she had great skin.

by Anonymousreply 79November 19, 2022 1:36 PM

R66

Wrong!

True to her Sloane Ranger roots Lady Diana was a " dog-and-horsy type".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80November 19, 2022 2:10 PM

More...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81November 19, 2022 2:11 PM

She famously hated riding, or rather was afraid of it, after being thrown from a horse.

by Anonymousreply 82November 19, 2022 4:03 PM

I just can't imagine a Muslim man in the 90s marrying a divorcee with two children very often. Add in the fact that her ex was heir to the throne, her oldest son was destined to one day be king, all the fame and trappings of serious wealth she was used to, plus her unrealistic demands of all her men, particularly her vision for Hasnat and herself...it's amazing they even dated.

by Anonymousreply 83November 20, 2022 3:21 AM

In all the portrayals of their romance she is depicted as a stage 5 clinger and he always is portrayed like he can barely stand being in the same room as her craziness. I wonder what it was actually like.

by Anonymousreply 84November 20, 2022 3:53 AM

Was that movie about their romance as laughably bad as it appeared in the trailer?

by Anonymousreply 85November 20, 2022 4:42 AM

R85, the 2013 one with Naomi Watts? I haven't seen it but it's only got 7% on Rotten Tomatoes

by Anonymousreply 86November 20, 2022 4:57 AM

[Quote]Tina Brown talked about the fact that she wanted Hasnat Khan to give up his career as a cardiatric surgeon in London to travel the world with her sponsoring health initiatives.

This actually could have worked out quite nicely. He could have provided much needed heart care in the developing world much like Medecins Sans Frontieres. They could have established an NGO, he could have become a WHO counsel, etc. Many possibilities.

Ultimately it was his family who rejected Diana.

by Anonymousreply 87November 20, 2022 7:14 AM

It was rather extreme, but she had the good sense to die young and rather tragically, close to the peak of her beauty (arguably a few years behind her, but still...).

And who knows what side agreement she had with Charles and his family. She was not permitted to talk about them so that money-spinner was gone. No one in the high echelons of British society would go near her.

She was fucked.

As for comparisons with Jackie Kennedy post-presidency, the only dumb thing she did was never quitting smoking.

by Anonymousreply 88November 20, 2022 8:36 AM

I'm curious as to the type of coverage Di received from the UK press in the year before her death. In Australia, the trashy mags were obsessed with her. I can't really say what they printed about her between the divorce and Dodi, but she was often on the covers you'd see on the posters outside the newsagents.

When she died, one of the weekly tabloids had to pulp the edition they'd just printed as it featured a huge spread about Di and Dodi and may have had a less than respectful tone. At the least, it would have been highly intrusive and voyeuristic. They washed off the accusations of paying the paparazzi for photos in the lead up to the catastrophe - the paps and media were immediately assumed to have caused her death - and quickly put together a "memorial" issue which was basically just photos of her which had been published before: baby/childhood/teen photos plus many of her at official engagements and other events like the boys' school sports days.

The pulping of the Di/Dodi issue cost the publishers millions, but they couldn't sell it and risk the public backlash. She became Saint Diana upon death and the television coverage was immense starting with the announcement of her death, then right up until the funeral and after.

by Anonymousreply 89November 20, 2022 9:01 AM

Two Words:

Vaginal Odor

by Anonymousreply 90November 20, 2022 9:06 AM

Any surviving scenesters on DL have associations with Dodi from the Studio 54 / Crisco Disco years?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91November 20, 2022 9:54 AM

FF r88 someone is smart to die at 36 because their “peak beauty” is behind them? The level of fucked up you are is saddening. You are a completely toxic person.

by Anonymousreply 92November 20, 2022 11:46 AM

R92 Mary!

Relax, it was just a turn of speech on the part of R88, I'm sure.

And how the fuck could that article that got mulched have been intrusive with Diana making sure she got photographed in her swimsuit on that plank, and canoodling with Dodi in that boat. That was all self-directed pap shit.

Max Hastings, who used to be an advisor to the BRF, once related an incident in which he knew Diana had called the paps after a discussion in which his advice was to discourage PR about whatever thing she was supposed to do the next day.

He also related how he sat down with her in Kensington Palace and advised Diana of all the reasons she should not do something like the Panorama interview. He said Diana fluttered the lashes above those widened innocent looking blue eyes as she replied, "You're right, Max. You're absolutely right . . ."

Unbeknownst to him at the moment, the BBC television crew were setting up the room next door for the interview the next day.

That's who Diana really was. Her son's wife is cut from the same bolt of cloth, only without the exquisite tailoring, charm, charisma, and legs.

by Anonymousreply 93November 20, 2022 6:30 PM

R92 I'm not r88 but realistically society and the media are not kind or affectionate towards mentally ill women when they age. Everything about Diana that the press indulged when she was young ( the histrionics, the publicity stunts, the promiscuity) would have been a source of mockery and contempt once those wrinkles set in.

by Anonymousreply 94November 20, 2022 6:34 PM

Fuck you. Diana was fabulous. You've bought into the muck the BRF has spewed to dishonor Diana over the years since her death.

Look to legitimate sources for the truth about Charles and his affair with his married whore before and during every moment of his marriage to Diana.

by Anonymousreply 95November 20, 2022 6:42 PM

Agree r94 and r93 it is indeed a vile “turn of speech”. You doing the old “Mary!” thing to it shows how little you understand about what r94 said about the devaluing women, though not specifically mentally ill ones - all of them. The poster entirely tied up the value of a human being - who had not fully even hit middle age - by how fresh faced she was. It’s a commentary that implies a woman’s value is entirely tied up in what a straight male thinks is peak attractiveness - and that is to insidious not to point out.

by Anonymousreply 96November 20, 2022 6:43 PM

R89 the UK tabs adored Diana. The only criticism was in the Daily Telegraph and the Times. Sometimes Murdoch's gutter tabs The Sun and News of the World would attack her, mainly because Diana was on the phone to Richard Kay of the Daily Mail every day, spilling her guts and getting him to spin for her and Murdoch who has always hated the Royal family was pissed off she wasn't leaking to him. She couldn't bear to be ignored. The whole foray to the Riviera and her courting the French paps was because she knew they were even more vicious than the Brit paps and she could get more coverage in the tabs.

by Anonymousreply 97November 20, 2022 6:49 PM

Khan was a surgeon but had no doubt some knowledge of psychiatric issues. Diana had been in treatment with a preeminent London psychiatrist for a while, then dropped out as no doubt - like many patients with psychiatric issues - she enjoyed her bit of crazy. She substituted "healers", fortune tellers, astrologers, etc. for her psychiatrist. Which Khan would have been aware of and which would have freaked a physician out.

by Anonymousreply 98November 20, 2022 6:57 PM

He probably spent half the time they were together trying to figure out how to safely get away from the relationship. Safely for him and safely for her too as she was clearly not emotionally mature with relationships.

And if true she went to visit see family in Pakistan without him knowing…that’s some major Red flag behaviour as well.

by Anonymousreply 99November 20, 2022 7:03 PM

The tabs adored the sales Diana stories gave them. That's not the same as adoring her. If her popularity with the public had diminished, they'd have gone after her with claws out.

Diana would have had maybe 4 more years of being able to get away with all the crap she pulled when young. The media isn't kind to women over 40, especially 20 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 100November 20, 2022 7:05 PM

I wonder how she would feel now seeing Kate take in the princess of wales title? It would have been interesting seeing her in the mix right now where her kids are concerned.

by Anonymousreply 101November 20, 2022 7:16 PM

I find it interesting how different Kate is from Diana in personality. She seems so stable, even keeled and unflappable.

by Anonymousreply 102November 20, 2022 7:19 PM

William went for the opposite of his mother personality wise. Admirable as most of us get sucked into modelling relationship patterns like ones we were used to seeing and living with as kids.

He also felt the stability of Kate’s comparatively good family life.

Good on him.

by Anonymousreply 103November 20, 2022 7:28 PM

The idea Diana was not photogenic is ridiculous.

Both Emma Corrin and Elisabeth Debicki are beautiful themselves (and they're superb at capturing her), but they look nowhere near as great as Diana did in the same clothes. Diana had a one-in-a-million photogenic quality. I would argue Kate Middleton is technically more beautiful, but isn't nearly as photogenic.

by Anonymousreply 104November 20, 2022 7:32 PM

Whilst Camilla was dickmatized by two men.

Everyone talks about how crazy Diana was but nobody mentions that Camilla was fucking Charles and her husband before and during her marriage. I wonder if they threesomed. Camilla was a cockgobbler.

by Anonymousreply 105November 20, 2022 8:09 PM

Emma Corrin looks nothing like Diana. She looks like a bizarre, anorexic, drug addled hermaphrodite. She’s very butch.

by Anonymousreply 106November 20, 2022 8:11 PM

R96. I think you need to learn to read before criticising people. He didn’t say that was his view of women. He said it was how society often views women, which is true. You calm down now that someone has helped you read the post.

Calling Diana crazy is not to say she was mentally ill. It’s just a way of saying she was a person with many weird and unpleasant personal characteristics that were excused because many people considered her physically attractive.

by Anonymousreply 107November 20, 2022 8:20 PM

I'm another one who feels like this thread is waiting for a chicken cross the road punchline, so:

To avoid the white Fiat Uno?

by Anonymousreply 108November 20, 2022 8:44 PM

Funny that you’re the confused one r107. What “he” are you even referring to and the points still stand and are entirely valid. They are awful comments in the post by r88 and should not be defended by anyone.

by Anonymousreply 109November 20, 2022 9:27 PM

R106 that's recent since she decided her pronoun is "they"...

by Anonymousreply 110November 21, 2022 12:38 AM

R105 that’s all very common among the British aristocracy. In fact, what the did not depict on the crown was that Camilla’s husband was never loyal to her at any point before or during their marriage. Also kings are pretty much expected to have women outside the marriage. But that whole social class close to the king tends to be on a constant merry go round of affairs with each other. The key is that they are supposed to be somewhat discreet about it all. Like a known secret. And it’s been like that for centuries. Not saying everyone likes it. Diana didn’t obviously, but it went on in her own family of origin too.

by Anonymousreply 111November 21, 2022 12:20 PM

R95 Dear me, have we stepped on your fantasy toes?

Max Hastings is a respected historian. He was on staff as an advisor to the BRF. He worked with Charles and Diana. He IS a legitimate source, they don't come any more legitimate. The truth is, the ONLY legitimate source for you blinkered worshippers is one who shares your idolatry.

The photographs of Diana with Dodi are a matter of public record. So was her stalking of Oliver Hoare, for which she issued a public apology. So was her raging at the press but calling the paps when it suited her. So was her routine adultery with other wives' husbands.

AN UNCHALLENGED MATTER OF PUBLIC RECORD.

Unless, of course, you have proof that she never made those 200 calls to Hoare's home over two days, the photos of her on the plank of the Fayed yacht and snogging with Dodi in that little boat for the world to see weren't deliberate, and Will Carling's wife was lying when she named Diana as her husband's little adventure in infidelity.

Charles' whore saved his sanity after his emotionally damaged shrew nearly drove him over the brink.

And, by the way, your saintly Diana was a really shitty mother who so favoured her older son that she left her younger son permanently emotionally scarred. He's still exhibiting the toothmarks of his vampire Mum on his neck.

Go back under your rock. You clearly can't bear the light of day.

by Anonymousreply 112November 21, 2022 1:20 PM

Im glad the Diana myth is largely in tatters, at least In the UK. It really was one of the most galling manipulations of public stupidity in recent times.

by Anonymousreply 113November 21, 2022 2:50 PM

I remember feeling shocked and very sad about her death. Especially because if the kids and her being so young as well. She deserved a large funeral etc. But the outpouring that took place in England was something else and quite extreme.

by Anonymousreply 114November 21, 2022 5:36 PM

I remember being angered at her for leaving two kids without a mother for the sake of a tawdry getaway/publicity stunt.

by Anonymousreply 115November 21, 2022 5:38 PM

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I can't say R112 comes across as clinical in the dispassionate way.

by Anonymousreply 116November 21, 2022 5:39 PM

How much contact did Harry ever even have with Diana? He was shipped off to boarding school very early, he split his vacations between Diana and Charles. When Diana had the kids, she'd drag them to theme parks and McDonald's to get the paps to photograph her looking like the "fun" mother. My mother died when I was 9 and frankly I barely remember her. Neither does Harry.

by Anonymousreply 117November 21, 2022 6:33 PM

Even Diana's mother thought she was a whore.

by Anonymousreply 118November 21, 2022 6:38 PM

Diana had Borderline Personality Disorder. BPDs always alienate family members and eventually lose all their friends and have to make new ones. See also Meghan Markle. At the time of her death, Diana was feuding with her brother and her sisters, her mother, her ex-husband, all her ex-husband's relatives.

by Anonymousreply 119November 21, 2022 6:47 PM

He absolutely made the right choice, even if he was in love with her. The show really abbreviates the relationship and there's no clarity as to the end - other than making it look like he didn't want to deal with the fallout from the interview. Seems like he was just not willing to be that public of a person - which would be required if he married her, even if he was kept relatively in the background.

by Anonymousreply 120November 21, 2022 6:50 PM

R120 they glossed over the fact Diana wanted Khan to leave his job and jetset around the world "intervening" in world crises and getting oodles of publicity. He saw through all that.

by Anonymousreply 121November 21, 2022 6:57 PM

Princess Anne’s husband and Princess Margaret’s husband both had children with other women while either dating or when married. Mark Phillips had a child while married to Anne and Antony Armstrong Jones had a child with another woman who was born three weeks into his marriage.

by Anonymousreply 122November 21, 2022 11:12 PM

The relationship with Khan must have been serious if William met him and has maintained a relationship with him over the years.

by Anonymousreply 123November 21, 2022 11:17 PM

Yep, R123.

And Hasnat Khan was at Princess Diana's funeral:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124November 22, 2022 2:07 AM

Was Hasnat the one who received a birthday card from Diana on or after August 31?

by Anonymousreply 125November 22, 2022 2:44 AM

Cluster B and probably was stalking the poor doctor

by Anonymousreply 126November 22, 2022 2:54 AM

She invoked poor William in way too much of her chaotic love life. From a very young age. Doesn’t surprise me that he met him.

by Anonymousreply 127November 22, 2022 3:02 AM

Stalking is typical of borderlines. Diana did it no doubt Meghan did too.

by Anonymousreply 128November 22, 2022 3:04 AM

So William married the opposite of his mother and Harry basically married his mother in temperament.

by Anonymousreply 129November 22, 2022 3:05 AM

Meg is NPD not borderline. She has no warmth or empathy, she is psychotic and only interested in herself.

by Anonymousreply 130November 22, 2022 3:16 AM

Because, OP, "high maintenance" doesn't begin to describe Diana.

by Anonymousreply 131November 22, 2022 2:26 PM

R130 Markle's a class borderline: the love bombing and then total hatred toward the person she previously claimed to adore. She is also a narcissist though so maybe a comorbidity with BPD. Narcissists never love bomb anybody and can't manipulate other people through feigned affection. That's a specialty of BPDs.

by Anonymousreply 132November 22, 2022 8:36 PM

'Narcissists never love bomb anybody"?

They do to get the return attention/love they crave

by Anonymousreply 133November 22, 2022 8:40 PM

According to stuff I've read and heard, narcissists do love bomb, then when they win over their partner, the love bombing stops but the partner stays because they want the love bombing to return. Eventually they just get discarded.

Check out the HG Tudor channel on youtube. He does a lot of stuff about knowing the narcissist. It's pretty scary when he details behaviour that you can recognise in people you care about. He also analyses a lot of MM's behaviour, along with Ellen, Trump, etc

by Anonymousreply 134November 23, 2022 10:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!