Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Four students found dead near University of Idaho campus after school warns of homicide

The Moscow Police Department found four people dead Sunday near the University of Idaho.

Officers received a call about an unconscious individual on Kind Road in Moscow, according to a police news release.

When they arrived at the scene at 11:58 a.m., officers found the people dead in a “house that was converted into an apartment,” Moscow Police Department Captain Tyson Berrett told the Idaho Statesman.

Berrett confirmed to the Statesman that all four deaths were students at the University of Idaho.

He said police may release the names of the deceased students tomorrow, but will need to speak with the prosecuting attorney first.

Berrett said he could not provide details on how they died, but all four deaths are being investigated as a homicide.

There is no suspect at this time, according to Berrett.

The University of Idaho posted a “Vandal alert” on social media at 3:07 p.m. saying that police were investigating a homicide on King Road. The post said the suspect was not known at the time and advised students to stay away from the area and shelter in place.

At 3:46 p.m., the school put out a second alert, saying police did not believe there was an active threat and the “shelter in place” advisory had been lifted. The suspect was still unknown at that time, according to the alert. The school warned students to “remain vigilant.”

The University of Idaho declined to provide information on the deaths.

Police are continuing to investigate and will release more information once the families of the deceased have been notified.

“The Moscow Police Department gives our heartfelt condolences to family members, friends and the Moscow community,” the release said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600November 19, 2022 3:25 PM

FOUR STUDENTS DEAD???

One? Okay, foul play.

Two? Okay, scary.

Three? It's like WTF?

But FOUR???

by Anonymousreply 1November 14, 2022 2:51 AM

Omg. It's a real life Gorky Park but in Idaho!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 14, 2022 2:53 AM

Multiple removed organs!

by Anonymousreply 3November 14, 2022 3:15 AM

The only suspect is a niece of mystery writer J.B. Fletcher.

by Anonymousreply 4November 14, 2022 3:41 AM

Yeah, like the Danny rolling case? The weird thing is, that even though university towns have 3 police departments in the form of sheriffs, City police and university police -all they do is hide behind castle rock vs Gonzalez case and draw chalk lines after everyone is dead. I’m a bitter old thing not gonna lie

by Anonymousreply 5November 14, 2022 3:41 AM

No suspects?

No leads?

This is fucking weird.

by Anonymousreply 6November 14, 2022 4:46 AM

Fentanyl?

by Anonymousreply 7November 14, 2022 4:52 AM

[quote] Fentanyl?

Can't be.

The school is actually putting out a statement that it's homocide.

That's scary.

I'd send all the kids home, for everyone's safety.

by Anonymousreply 8November 14, 2022 4:54 AM

[quote] an unconscious individual on Kind Road in Moscow

Fall off a balcony?

by Anonymousreply 9November 14, 2022 4:57 AM

Were any twinks hurt?

by Anonymousreply 10November 14, 2022 5:33 AM

Shit! Sounds like an 80's slasher movie.

by Anonymousreply 11November 14, 2022 5:58 AM

I saw a recent show about the University of Florida/Danny rolling murders. I felt bad for thinking one of his victims manny taboada was a hot piece of ass.

by Anonymousreply 12November 14, 2022 6:19 AM

This is a war against college students! There is an active shooting in U. of Virginia happening right now.

by Anonymousreply 13November 14, 2022 6:21 AM

That was my first thought, R11.

This is some scary shit!

Almost worse than a mass shooter on campus, because you don't know who's doing this.

And they can keep on going!

by Anonymousreply 14November 14, 2022 6:23 AM

They got a bad batch of some drug or other. It happens. Even in Idaho.

by Anonymousreply 15November 14, 2022 7:08 AM

I'd rather be dead than live in Idaho.

by Anonymousreply 16November 14, 2022 7:22 AM

That it was so quickly classified as a homicide is chilling. Were these some White Supremacist panhandle boys who wanted to play with the cartels and came up short? Meth cartels - from south or homegrown? It's all about meth nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 17November 14, 2022 7:43 AM

You guys in this thread should go do something else for a few hours and then come back and re read the thread. You sound totally fucking crazy.

by Anonymousreply 18November 14, 2022 8:15 AM

And I think you're UNDER REACTING, Miss Chadwick!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19November 14, 2022 8:22 AM

[quote] Moscow Police Department Captain Tyson Berrett told the Idaho Statesman.

𝐻𝑢𝑧𝑧𝑎ℎ! We can dig out the polonium sidebrs and blame Butin

by Anonymousreply 20November 14, 2022 8:23 AM

If laced drugs were involved, even if they were classifying it as a homicide, they would let the other students know right away. I hope. Presumably could not have been gun deaths if there were at least four shots in a residential neighborhood and nobody heard. Very weird.

by Anonymousreply 21November 14, 2022 10:03 AM

Now, a warning?

by Anonymousreply 22November 14, 2022 10:17 AM

This was likely a murder suicide. I'm betting the dead are 3 females and 1 entitled piece of shit male.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23November 14, 2022 11:59 AM

Without more details, impossible to speculate

by Anonymousreply 24November 14, 2022 12:58 PM

Chilling? Stuff happens everywhere, maybe less often in some places than others. This is an area of the country with militias and probably some sort of dumb chivalry or at least way too many guns. It's the meth belt. Its not like the shooter mowed down strangers in a Walmart.

by Anonymousreply 25November 14, 2022 1:05 PM

WHY are these students dead while Keanu Reeves still walks amongst us?

by Anonymousreply 26November 14, 2022 1:18 PM

MORE GUNS!!!!

by Anonymousreply 27November 14, 2022 1:28 PM

Can you home school your college age children ?

by Anonymousreply 28November 14, 2022 1:37 PM

This is a case for Sam and Dean Winchester.

by Anonymousreply 29November 14, 2022 1:39 PM

Drug related?

by Anonymousreply 30November 14, 2022 1:58 PM

Unsolved Mysteries building content?

by Anonymousreply 31November 14, 2022 2:07 PM

^forgot link at r30

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32November 14, 2022 2:07 PM

The victims must be LGBTQ, Mexican or Native American- because there's no blacks in Idaho.

by Anonymousreply 33November 14, 2022 2:12 PM

R33 Or all 3

by Anonymousreply 34November 14, 2022 2:15 PM

Drug deaths would not trigger a shelter in place alert. It's violent and they weren't sure upon arrival if the perp was one of the dead or on the run.

by Anonymousreply 35November 14, 2022 2:27 PM

Tin soldiers and Nixon's comin' We're finally on our own This summer I hear the drummin' Four dead in Ida-Ho

by Anonymousreply 36November 14, 2022 2:41 PM

Touch nothing!

by Anonymousreply 37November 14, 2022 2:47 PM

- Four students found dead inside house converted to apartment(s)

- All four deaths believed to be homicides, per LEO

- Shelter in place issued, removed an hour later as officials believed there was no active threat

- Cause of death not revealed as of yet

The “no active threat” reminds me of a similar declaration in the Murdaugh case of the mother and son deaths, in that investigators knew early on that the killer wasn’t a random person and knew his victims. Seems as though LEO believe the killer(s) knew the students and there was most likely a specific reason (drugs?) for the killings.

by Anonymousreply 38November 14, 2022 3:08 PM

Definitely has to be DRUGS because there's no way it could be a boyfriend, ex-boyfriend, stalker, or a garden variety incel!

by Anonymousreply 39November 14, 2022 3:13 PM

Romeos and Juliets?

by Anonymousreply 40November 14, 2022 3:22 PM

[quote] Romeos and Juliets?

Maybe Romeo and Romeo?

Or Romxx and Jxlixt?

by Anonymousreply 41November 14, 2022 3:28 PM

You eldergays are so trapped in outmoded ways of thinking. It’s a polyamorist murder-suicide.

by Anonymousreply 42November 14, 2022 3:29 PM

Wasn't there another killing like this recently?

Four guys from some college go out for a bike ride and end up dead or is this that same one?

by Anonymousreply 43November 14, 2022 6:31 PM

Those were four rednecks off to steal something.

by Anonymousreply 44November 14, 2022 6:38 PM

The town looks so bleak in R23's link. I wouldn't be surprised if this was drug related.

by Anonymousreply 45November 14, 2022 6:43 PM

[quote] It’s a polyamorist murder-suicide.

Definitely some weird Mormon shit.

by Anonymousreply 46November 14, 2022 7:03 PM

[quote] I'd rather be dead than live in Idaho.

How dare you!

by Anonymousreply 47November 14, 2022 7:21 PM

3 women and one male.

Told ya.

Immediately going with the improbable, victim blaming, dRuG MUrDeR theory says a lot about some of your understanding of real life safety threats. Duh.

by Anonymousreply 48November 14, 2022 8:29 PM

The brunette and the guy were reportedly in a relationship

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49November 14, 2022 8:41 PM

Such a senseless waste. RIP to the victims.

by Anonymousreply 50November 14, 2022 8:50 PM

Ultimate sorority initiation ritual?

"OK, Brie, you have to kill Kaylee, Xana, and Madison and at least one boy from a fraternity. Then we'll let you be part of us."

by Anonymousreply 51November 14, 2022 8:50 PM

We don't know them.

by Anonymousreply 52November 14, 2022 9:04 PM

OMG, R51. Those are their actual names. I thought you were having fun with a DL meme.

by Anonymousreply 53November 14, 2022 9:10 PM

The linked story implies a drug overdose.. First report was an unconscious person but no hint of violence or injuries in the story. Then " no active threat".

by Anonymousreply 54November 14, 2022 9:58 PM

[quote]homocide.

They were gay?

by Anonymousreply 55November 14, 2022 10:05 PM

Why is the NYT referring to this as a “crime of passion” if it’s fentanyl?

by Anonymousreply 56November 14, 2022 10:09 PM

Because the Times knows more than we do? I'll go with that.

by Anonymousreply 57November 14, 2022 10:12 PM

The UVA killings were so simple (not that it makes it any better) - ex-football guy has beef with football players/program and shoots some of the players. What the fuck happened with these four?

by Anonymousreply 58November 14, 2022 10:16 PM

The Times is quoting a local official.

by Anonymousreply 59November 14, 2022 10:20 PM

I'm betting on the one guy killing the three girls but that's just a guess.

Statistically it's the most likely but I have no information.

by Anonymousreply 60November 14, 2022 10:21 PM

This, three days ago, just before the deaths.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61November 14, 2022 10:22 PM

Nobody clicks on Twitter links anymore.

by Anonymousreply 62November 14, 2022 10:29 PM

Moscow is a very forgettable college town. Liberal for Idaho. I'm guessing drugs--a little too much fentanyl in the mix.

by Anonymousreply 63November 15, 2022 12:49 AM

Is this a Cold War thing?

by Anonymousreply 64November 15, 2022 12:57 AM

Well, looks like this was a big nothingburger.

by Anonymousreply 65November 15, 2022 1:35 AM

They were all stabbed and are all considered victims (not a murder/suicide).

by Anonymousreply 66November 15, 2022 1:35 AM

How do you manage to stab four people in the same home, and kill all of them?

At least one or two of them would manage to escape, right?

by Anonymousreply 67November 15, 2022 1:37 AM

R67 Don’t you isolate them and do it one by one, telling each that if they don’t cooperate they will kill the others?

by Anonymousreply 68November 15, 2022 1:41 AM

No, R68.

Because then three of you over power the person with the knife, and beat the crap out of them.

by Anonymousreply 69November 15, 2022 1:46 AM

The New York Times says a crime of passion but the mayor says authorities have not yet narrowed down a motive, which could include "burglary gone wrong" OR a "crime of passion,"

"It’s one of any of a plenitude of possibilities, including burglary gone wrong, robbery gone wrong… any of those is a possibility and not one to the exclusion of others,"

"The crime itself occurred at three or four in the morning. It was reported to the police at noon," Bettge said Monday. "If there was going to be a crime spree, it probably would have perpetuated itself through that timeframe."

by Anonymousreply 70November 15, 2022 1:47 AM

Crime of passion? We’re they all in a poly relationship?

by Anonymousreply 71November 15, 2022 1:54 AM

R69 Thus guy managed 8 at one time, how hard can four be?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72November 15, 2022 1:56 AM

I thought r68 was richard Speck.

by Anonymousreply 73November 15, 2022 1:57 AM

I assume it was hours of torture and slow murder for all.

by Anonymousreply 74November 15, 2022 2:03 AM

Control them with a gun. Tie them up. Kill them one or two at a time.

You're welcome.

by Anonymousreply 75November 15, 2022 2:18 AM

r72 passive Filipinos

by Anonymousreply 76November 15, 2022 2:21 AM

'murcans love their guns

by Anonymousreply 77November 15, 2022 3:27 AM

I was thinking the girl in the relationship caught the bf with one of the other girls and went nuts and killed them all in a frenzy.

by Anonymousreply 78November 15, 2022 3:40 AM

NYT reported it's a crime of passion but included this in the article.

[quote]Cathy Mabbutt, the Latah County Coroner, said that none of the victims were suspected of carrying out the attack and that all four deaths were considered homicides.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79November 15, 2022 4:32 AM

The coroner ruled out murder-suicide but says there must be an autopsy.

“Currently, there is no one in custody,” the police department said in a press release.

“The Moscow Police does not believe there is an ongoing community risk based on information gathered during the preliminary investigation.”

Moscow Mayor Art Bettge told the New York Times Monday there was no danger to the broader public, but did not say how the victims were killed or if a suspect was at large.

Latah County Coroner Cathy Mabbutt told the newspaper autopsies would be conducted Wednesday, but ruled out that this was a murder-suicide. She said she could not reveal more without permission from police.

If there was a maniac on the loose I'd expect a heavier lockdown. To me this still sounds like drugs,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80November 15, 2022 4:34 AM

None of those people look like college material, even community college.

by Anonymousreply 81November 15, 2022 4:39 AM

The young women look lower class and the male is the oldest looking 20 year old I've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 82November 15, 2022 5:04 AM

Stay tuned for "American Horror Story: Moscow, Idaho".

by Anonymousreply 83November 15, 2022 5:11 AM

R81, you leave them alone. They attended Potato Farm Community College and then transferred!

by Anonymousreply 84November 15, 2022 5:12 AM

Moscow police Capt. Anthony Dahlinger declined to say whether he would characterize the deaths as violent, but reaffirmed that each of the deceased students is considered a victim. None of the four students are believed responsible for the deaths that have torn a sudden hole in the college-focused North Idaho city, he said.

“All I can say is the deaths are ruled a homicide at this point, and homicide and murder are synonymous,” Moscow police Capt. Anthony Dahlinger told the Statesman by phone. “We certainly have a crime here, so we are looking for a suspect.”

by Anonymousreply 85November 15, 2022 5:12 AM

Virginia gun homicides! = GOP governor

Idaho killings!= GOP governor

Florida School massacre!=GOP governor

Texas School massacre!= GOP governor

WHY IS GUN CRIME OUT OF CONTROL IN STATES JOE BIDEN LOST???

by Anonymousreply 86November 15, 2022 5:18 AM

Any idea why they're not releasing the cause of death? This is baffling to me.

by Anonymousreply 87November 15, 2022 9:25 AM

^And why they are saying there is no danger to the other students when the suspect is not in custody.

by Anonymousreply 88November 15, 2022 10:01 AM

I think at this point it’s safe to say that the local and school authorities have mishandled this.

Whether it’s bad drugs or a homicidal maniac, others in the community and at the school should be given enough information to make appropriate choices about their own safety. And with four victims, the story is going to come out. There is no sense in trying to protect the deceased or their families. The delay is only causing more interest.

by Anonymousreply 89November 15, 2022 10:50 AM

Idaho U should get points for putting a spin on mass slaughter with the stabbing over guns, VCU is such a traditionalist school, though the school bus and confined victims earns them extra points.

by Anonymousreply 90November 15, 2022 10:54 AM

UVA not VCU.

"Maniac on the loose" is this 1950? Who even uses the term "maniac"

by Anonymousreply 91November 15, 2022 11:29 AM

Exactly how many schools in Virginia are doing mass shootings now?

by Anonymousreply 92November 15, 2022 11:32 AM

I've seen this before, but we called it Bodies, Bodies, Bodies. Didn't end well for us either.

by Anonymousreply 93November 15, 2022 11:42 AM

I BLEW RICHARD SPECK!

by Anonymousreply 94November 15, 2022 12:52 PM

It’s pretty obvious that the person found unconscious outside the house at noon was responsible for the killings which happened in the middle of the night because the police say that the four deaths were homicides and that they’re not looking for anyone.

Of course they could be wrong and the person they found outside was another victim who managed to drag themself outside before fainting.

by Anonymousreply 95November 15, 2022 12:52 PM

R95, was the person outside one of the 4 or someone else?

by Anonymousreply 96November 15, 2022 1:34 PM

It sounds like drugs.

by Anonymousreply 97November 15, 2022 2:02 PM

R76 Nailed it. I came to say the reason Speck was able to do it is because the Asian nurses were so submissive.

by Anonymousreply 98November 15, 2022 2:03 PM

I assumed the unconscious person was one of the dead. “Unconscious” may have been wishful thinking.

by Anonymousreply 99November 15, 2022 2:31 PM

Most news articles say that someone called 911 with a report of someone found unconscious. As of yet, neither LE or the media has elaborated any further on that part of the story.

It’s highly unlikely that the unconscious individual was a fifth person, as that would have been clarified by now. It was probably a mistake on the part of the caller. According to all reports so far, four bodies/four homicides, no suicides, no other persons at the crime scene, the killer unknown (per police) and still at large.

by Anonymousreply 100November 15, 2022 3:23 PM

R100 I just read this on reddit, it's the only place I can find talking about this as I refuse to go to websleuths. "I just read an article someone posted from an Idaho newspaper. The article quoted the mom of the male victim as saying that a friend found them the next day. My assumption is that when she/he called 911 they said they were unconscious not knowing/comprehending that they weren’t alive. I could be wrong of course but that would be a reasonable explanation"

by Anonymousreply 101November 15, 2022 3:26 PM

Knife like object

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102November 15, 2022 4:02 PM

Nobody's talking to nobody about this. But the Mayor says it was a "crime of passion." Four-way gone horribly wrong?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103November 15, 2022 4:16 PM

A Kaylee and a Madison. Of course.

by Anonymousreply 104November 15, 2022 4:22 PM

Fentanyl ODs and the one who provided the dope killed him or herself? That's all I got.

by Anonymousreply 105November 15, 2022 4:28 PM

The police have specifically said that none of the four dead were the ones who committed the murders, so it wasn't a murder-suicide or anything.

by Anonymousreply 106November 15, 2022 4:30 PM

Xana....Pronounced Shayna, no doubt. SMH.

by Anonymousreply 107November 15, 2022 4:33 PM

R105 is incredibly obtuse and/or lazy beyond beyond belief.

by Anonymousreply 108November 15, 2022 4:36 PM

^Both, and then some, R108. I ACTUALLY believe that they all FUCKED each other to death. -R105

by Anonymousreply 109November 15, 2022 4:38 PM

[quote]Fentanyl ODs and the one who provided the dope killed him or herself? That's all I got.

Cops say homicide and the victims killed with a knife-like weapon.

by Anonymousreply 110November 15, 2022 4:40 PM

I thought I read that four bodies were found *inside* the house, which leaves a fifth person unconscious outside. I mean, if they’re not looking for anyone…

by Anonymousreply 111November 15, 2022 5:00 PM

Knife-like?

Was it a machete?

by Anonymousreply 112November 15, 2022 5:04 PM

We haven't heard anything about the person found unconscious outside, so we don't even know if there was someone there at all, or if that was a victim who managed to stay alive, or the suspect.

by Anonymousreply 113November 15, 2022 6:22 PM

The cops' refusal to say more about this are just fueling this panic even more.

by Anonymousreply 114November 15, 2022 8:05 PM

[quote] Knife-like?Was it a machete?

How would anyone here possibly know?

by Anonymousreply 115November 15, 2022 8:06 PM

I wasn’t looking for an answer, putz.

by Anonymousreply 116November 15, 2022 8:29 PM

Oh I assumed pronounced Zana, I grew up in San Diego and knew one or two of them.

by Anonymousreply 117November 15, 2022 8:31 PM

Then why were you asking the question, cunt?

by Anonymousreply 118November 15, 2022 8:31 PM

The fucking cops being all cryptic and coy is extremely annoying. If my kids went to school there, I'd be pissed. Anyhow, the knife thing checks out I guess since redditors who live near there said that the EMS workers mentioned stab wounds. Yeah, I'm guessing the passed out fifth person is the killer, but I don't know why they don't just confirm it. Fuck Idaho.

by Anonymousreply 119November 15, 2022 8:33 PM

Because I wish to signal to intelligent readers that I am speculating.

by Anonymousreply 120November 15, 2022 8:40 PM

[quote]Oh I assumed pronounced Zana

🤔🤔🤔

by Anonymousreply 121November 15, 2022 8:44 PM

Translation for Zana, pronounced Zan-na? I have no idea, it's an idiotic name and I knew a couple chicks who had it. Sadly, all the names are dumb and look like the names we'd make up when clowning frau moms and their peanut allergy spawn.

by Anonymousreply 122November 15, 2022 8:51 PM

Ethan Chapin’s mother, Stacey Chapin, told the Idaho Statesman on Tuesday morning that the four students were stabbed. She refuted speculation about the case, including a New York Times report that called it a “crime of passion.

“They were stabbed. We got the call,” Chapin said. “I don’t want people to make assumptions about our kids. It wasn’t drugs and it was definitely not some passion thing between these kids. Someone entered the house.”

by Anonymousreply 123November 15, 2022 9:44 PM

This is starting to sound like Danny Rolling and the Gainesville killings at U of F.

by Anonymousreply 124November 15, 2022 9:48 PM

Anyone recently heard from the russet potato posting at R47? I’m concerned.

by Anonymousreply 125November 15, 2022 10:00 PM

[quote] all the names are dumb and look like the names we'd make up when clowning frau moms and their peanut allergy spawn.

Mormons.

by Anonymousreply 126November 15, 2022 10:02 PM

Killer on PCP or Bath Salts?

by Anonymousreply 127November 15, 2022 10:02 PM

Just like in Danny Rolling's case where the girl had the hot Manny Taboada as her roommate, having a male there didn't help. Yet somehow, there is no danger to the public.

by Anonymousreply 128November 15, 2022 10:09 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129November 16, 2022 12:08 AM

"Mayor Art Bettge said the murders appears to be a 'one-off type of situation.'

'Something had occurred that resulted in these deaths,' he said"

you don't say...

by Anonymousreply 130November 16, 2022 12:10 AM

Websleuth fraus, who do nothig but speculate on murders, are highly indignant that some redditor posted videos of the victims out at dinner before the murder. They have stated their boundaries!

ADMIN WARNING: ANYTHING that comes from REDDIT is NOT APPROVED to be posted, linked, or discussed here on WS. A video that was posted from Reddit has been removed, as have the many replies to that video.

Have you stopped to think how it would feel to be loved ones of the victims, already in shock, and find out random strangers on the internet are viewing some of the final moments of your child‘s life? Possibly before you have seen it yourself??

THIS is EXACTLY WHY Websleuths does not allow what Reddit does. UNLESS/UNTIL LE releases video that appears in MSM, this video is OFF LIMITS for discussion on Websleuths.

Going forward, there will be repercussions if this warning is ignored.

by Anonymousreply 131November 16, 2022 12:12 AM

[quote] Blood oozes through walls

Well that sinks the drugs theory

Thank goodness for the Daily Mail

by Anonymousreply 132November 16, 2022 12:13 AM

Sounds like the hotel from the Shining, R129!

by Anonymousreply 133November 16, 2022 12:25 AM

Kernodle. What a weird surname.

by Anonymousreply 134November 16, 2022 12:27 AM

WTF is wrong with law enforcement? If there is a killer on the loose how are they telling people to stay calm? It’s like that story from months ago when an escaped convict killed that grandfather and 3 grandsons.

by Anonymousreply 135November 16, 2022 12:32 AM

Is R131 Muriel?

by Anonymousreply 136November 16, 2022 12:33 AM

I agree R135, and since they talk about it all the time, the websleuths compared this to the Delphi murders, and they're right, cops there said there was no need to worry and yet they only now arrested the guy. I'd fucking haul ass if I were a student there.

by Anonymousreply 137November 16, 2022 12:34 AM

R135. This happened in Moscow, Idaho. Do you think the cops there are anything more than a bunch of doughnut eating hicks?

by Anonymousreply 138November 16, 2022 12:34 AM

The original Gaelic form of the name Kernodle is O Cearnachain, which is derived from the word "cearnach," which means "victorious."

The surname Kernodle was first found in County Donegal (Irish: Dún na nGall), northwest Ireland in the province of Ulster, sometimes referred to as County Tyrconnel, where they held a family seat from ancient times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139November 16, 2022 12:35 AM

R135, like 99.9% of killers aren't serial killers

by Anonymousreply 140November 16, 2022 1:17 AM

This would never have happened in Fargo.

by Anonymousreply 141November 16, 2022 1:57 AM

Buck would never have blood dripping from his house.

by Anonymousreply 142November 16, 2022 1:58 AM

Someone on websleuths brought up Richard Speck also, and someone asked why the nurses didn't have Siri call 911..."every student I know sleeps with their cell phone, why didn't they just call 911?" wow.

by Anonymousreply 143November 16, 2022 2:05 AM

Some students will do anything to get out of doing a group end of semester assignment.

by Anonymousreply 144November 16, 2022 2:14 AM

Can someone explain the formatting of what can barely be called an article from the Daily Mail above? It starts with bullet points that then are reiterated in the body of the article, which are then used as captions for the photographs? Who wrote this special needs middle schoolers without their club newspaper teacher supervisor?

by Anonymousreply 145November 16, 2022 2:28 AM

Are you new to the Daily Mail, R145?

by Anonymousreply 146November 16, 2022 2:37 AM

I am unfamiliar with it, I don’t usually follow UK newspapers.

by Anonymousreply 147November 16, 2022 2:39 AM

We don't read the Fail for it's superior writing. We read it for it's bitchy comments about the "slim pins" on Chrissy Metz, etc.

by Anonymousreply 148November 16, 2022 2:40 AM

I bet it was the spurned ex of one of the girls and he just took out everyone there. They must know who it is if they know he's no threat to everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 149November 16, 2022 2:42 AM

Seriously, R147? As maligned as the DM is, it’s legend.

by Anonymousreply 150November 16, 2022 2:44 AM

Frat hazing stunt gone wrong is my guess.

by Anonymousreply 151November 16, 2022 2:44 AM

[quote]Blood drips down the outside of the wall of the house the four students shared. Investigators describe it as the worst crime scene they have ever seen

So the cops aren't talking, but the Daily Mail knows the last part above...how?

by Anonymousreply 152November 16, 2022 2:58 AM

THe blood on the wall looks odd - I don’t know how it would drip like that through the house - sideways? I think the murder was meth induced. More than one killer?

by Anonymousreply 153November 16, 2022 3:12 AM

r131 Yeah, among all the beheadings, suicides, domestic beatings, cops shooting innocents in back, women being abused at frat parties, revenge porn, and Michael Buble vidoes - a video of four college students who are going to die eventually is really shocking content that DL needs to be vigilant and draconian about.

by Anonymousreply 154November 16, 2022 3:14 AM

Oh no R154, I am not the one who said that at R131, I was quoting websleuths who posted that, despite the fact that all they do is speculate on murders all day. I guess they don't like redditors.

by Anonymousreply 155November 16, 2022 3:18 AM

Looks pretty straightforward to me, R153. Someone was lying there next to the wall and bled out. Gruesome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156November 16, 2022 3:39 AM

Daily Mail's the best for gruesome American crime coverage.

by Anonymousreply 157November 16, 2022 3:43 AM

And coverage of fat actresses where they write snarky shit about their "toned pins" and their "hair worn in a casual pony tail" when they're ragging on someone like Bridget Fonda.

by Anonymousreply 158November 16, 2022 3:46 AM

Leo DiCaprio's Dad Bod at the beach.

by Anonymousreply 159November 16, 2022 3:48 AM

[quote] Blood drips down the outside of the wall of the house the four students shared. Investigators describe it as the worst crime scene they have ever seen

[quote] The blood on the wall looks odd - I don’t know how it would drip like that through the house - sideways?

Exorcism gone wrong?

It happens all the time on Supernatural.

by Anonymousreply 160November 16, 2022 4:00 AM

Here's the parents of one of the kids.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161November 16, 2022 4:02 AM

Let's cast the inevitable TV movie!

"You Say 'Po-Tay-To': The Moscow Murders"

Starring

Rob Kardashian as Ethan Chapin

Lizzy Caplan as Xana Kernodle

Amanda Bynes as Kaylee Goncalves

and introducing

Tiffany Trump Boulos as Madison Mogen

by Anonymousreply 162November 16, 2022 4:06 AM

It sounds like the plot of an 80's low budget horror movie. How did one person take on four without anyone attempting to run away - were they unconscious? Tied up? Was there more than one perpetrator?

by Anonymousreply 163November 16, 2022 5:12 AM

I hadn't seen the last names.

Xana Kernodle and Kaylee Goncalves? They sound so fictional.

by Anonymousreply 164November 16, 2022 5:19 AM

[quote]How did one person take on four without anyone attempting to run away - were they unconscious?

As someone else said upthread, it's happened before,. Richard Speck stabbed eight student nurses one by one because he cowed them so much. The only one who survived hid under a bed.

by Anonymousreply 165November 16, 2022 5:22 AM

You all are awful(ly funny)

by Anonymousreply 166November 16, 2022 5:55 AM

If we still had Angela Lansbury.....

by Anonymousreply 167November 16, 2022 6:14 AM

It was an animal. They don’t know if it was wild or a pet.

by Anonymousreply 168November 16, 2022 6:29 AM

How can the police be this stupid? Saw an interview of a student on campus who was upset and worried. How can they say there's no threat if all four were murdered?

Even if the killer knew them and had a motive, he's obviously insane - and could kill someone who spotted him acting strangely because he wouldn't want to be identified. Of course there's a risk with a mass murderer who's not in custody.

And if they have a good reason to believe there's no threat, they should reassure the students and other locals by telling them what that reason is.

by Anonymousreply 169November 16, 2022 6:41 AM

A shorter haircut and lose the mustache, that Ethan wouldn't have been bad. Sexy legs.

But one guy, three girls? Was he gay or servicing all three? Any lesbians among the girls? One of the four found out about some fucking around and lost their shit, killing all of them?

by Anonymousreply 170November 16, 2022 6:44 AM

A student on the r/Idaho subreddit:

"Students in Moscow are saying it was a stalker of one of the girls. Two other women were asleep in locked rooms and were unharmed. Killer came in through window, killed victim 1, then the girl they were stalking, then the couple. It was Saturday evening after a home football game, quite possibly the victims were passed out pretty heavily when the attack occured. Truly sickening.

"*Edit - just what I've heard from a source with close contacts to the victims"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171November 16, 2022 6:45 AM

Whoever said "incel" further up called it, I think.

by Anonymousreply 172November 16, 2022 6:49 AM

How could 1 person manage to kill 4 people? Didn't others try escape?

by Anonymousreply 173November 16, 2022 6:52 AM

Names of some victims are becoming known.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174November 16, 2022 6:55 AM

It could easily happen if they were all passed out drunk

by Anonymousreply 175November 16, 2022 7:01 AM

R174, we knew the names way upthread.

by Anonymousreply 176November 16, 2022 7:08 AM

R169, I've been thinking the same thing. HOW, do the Cops know there's no more threat? I don't get it either. Whoever did this either laid in wait or came in during the night when they were sleeping. Really, heartbreaking. I have to quit getting mentally involved in these cases. Its just so sad.

by Anonymousreply 177November 16, 2022 7:47 AM

[quote]How could 1 person manage to kill 4 people? Didn't others try escape?

How do we know it was only one person? It sounds like a home invasion robbery that went wrong and turned into a bloodbath, or a visit from a drug cartel collection agency.

by Anonymousreply 178November 16, 2022 7:57 AM

These kids were all heavy into the sorority/frat scene. This was some jealous/unhinged/obsessed/spurned frat boy. Probably over the tiny blonde girl.

by Anonymousreply 179November 16, 2022 8:50 AM

Yup. Men are crazy

by Anonymousreply 180November 16, 2022 9:00 AM

Welp, Jayden and Caydenn will have to make their breakfasts - Mama's got a new case on deck!

by Anonymousreply 181November 16, 2022 9:15 AM

Are we sure Alec Murdaugh was locked up at this time and still in South Carolina?

by Anonymousreply 182November 16, 2022 10:18 AM

[quote]One of the four found out about some fucking around and lost their shit, killing all of them?

The cops already said that none of the victims were also the perpetrators. I don't know why we have to keep repeating this.

by Anonymousreply 183November 16, 2022 10:19 AM

I guess the cop's "crime of passion" comment is rubbing the victims' parents the wrong way. The mother of the boy killed said

[quote]“They were stabbed. We got the call. I don’t want people to make assumptions about our kids. It wasn’t drugs and it was definitely not some passion thing between these kids. Someone entered the house.”

by Anonymousreply 184November 16, 2022 10:21 AM

Can Unsolved Mysteries at Netflix pull something together and have it up by the weekend? Of course, they’ll just paint it as a gay hookup gone wrong.

by Anonymousreply 185November 16, 2022 10:25 AM

[quote]How do we know it was only one person? It sounds like a home invasion robbery that went wrong and turned into a bloodbath, or a visit from a drug cartel collection agency.

And yet allegedly two roommates were left undisturbed in their locked bedrooms. A cartel never would’ve skipped other people in the house.

by Anonymousreply 186November 16, 2022 10:40 AM

Imagine being one of the two roommates in locked rooms waking up to that!

by Anonymousreply 187November 16, 2022 10:52 AM

Why would the cops say there is no danger to the general public? Is the killer in custody or dead?

by Anonymousreply 188November 16, 2022 11:30 AM

[quote]And yet allegedly two roommates were left undisturbed in their locked bedrooms. A cartel never would’ve skipped other people in the house.

WTF? They didn't hear anything? Didn't call 911? Didn't find the bodies at NOON the next day?

by Anonymousreply 189November 16, 2022 11:31 AM

^until noon

by Anonymousreply 190November 16, 2022 11:32 AM

Is it normal to lock your bedroom? I’ve never done that. I guess you lock a dorm room, but I’ve never locked a bedroom in a house.

by Anonymousreply 191November 16, 2022 11:45 AM

The Cops have been tightly controlling the information on this horrible event. Usually, some enterprising journalist would have found out something more and reported it. Where's Nancy Grace? 4 kids murdered under one roof and 2 kids unharmed. Hell it may or may not mean anything. I think it does though. Its an odd detail.

by Anonymousreply 192November 16, 2022 12:01 PM

Supposedly there was a 20 something guy threatening students in town with a knife in September.

Separately on Reddit (grain of salt) are alluding to the fact that the cops know who the suspect is and that he is on the run.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193November 16, 2022 12:03 PM

How close was the kids' house to the main part of the campus?

by Anonymousreply 194November 16, 2022 12:05 PM

Thanks R193.

by Anonymousreply 195November 16, 2022 1:21 PM

I regularly slept until noon at that age. Even if I wasn't drinking

by Anonymousreply 196November 16, 2022 1:25 PM

If he stabbed them while sleeping, there might not be much noise.

by Anonymousreply 197November 16, 2022 1:32 PM

R193 Oh I read somewhere that the cops talked to and released that guy and it he's cleared.

by Anonymousreply 198November 16, 2022 2:05 PM

Reminds me of Ted Bundy at Chi Omega (FSU).

by Anonymousreply 199November 16, 2022 2:17 PM

Why do assume one person did it?

by Anonymousreply 200November 16, 2022 3:25 PM

If it was one house that had been subdivided into apartments as was originally reported , then the two students left unharmed “behind locked doors” may simply have been in their own apartment/s.

by Anonymousreply 201November 16, 2022 3:29 PM

you know this is gonna be made into a movie

by Anonymousreply 202November 16, 2022 3:47 PM

So am I R199, and I thought that too. That was Bundy's biggest fuck up, that and Kim Leach. Don't murder someone in Florida.

by Anonymousreply 203November 16, 2022 3:49 PM

Supposedly it was one guy who stalked one of the victims, but the only outlets reporting the details are The Daily Mail and some anonymous Redditor who’s friend-of-a-friend’s mother’s neighbor’s daughter’s cat lives in the vicinity. If they know it’s a single stalker, surely someone witnessed him at the crime scene? Which means it won’t be hard to identify him since he’s been stalking the victim for weeks, maybe even months. Right?

by Anonymousreply 204November 16, 2022 4:06 PM

Maybe they have the suspect but he’s incapacitated/hospital ized? Like a failed suicide attempt?

by Anonymousreply 205November 16, 2022 4:16 PM

it would be terrible if this suspect is found mentally unwell and can't be charged like a normal person. probably plead insanity or something.

by Anonymousreply 206November 16, 2022 4:29 PM

Has the Daily Fail already identified the culprit?

by Anonymousreply 207November 16, 2022 4:42 PM

It was libruhls!

by Anonymousreply 208November 16, 2022 4:51 PM

From R174's link.

[quote] He was a freshman student majoring in recreation, sport and tourism management.

How is recreation, sport, and tourism management a university major? It sounds like something you'd take at a community or career college.

by Anonymousreply 209November 16, 2022 4:59 PM

Not that I've read R207. Ive been checking quite a bit too. Its weird how no Greta Van Sustern, type of reporter hasn't picked up and reported any details.

by Anonymousreply 210November 16, 2022 5:05 PM

Nate Eaton from East Idaho News is usually all over a story like this. Crickets.

by Anonymousreply 211November 16, 2022 5:26 PM

[quote] Is it normal to lock your bedroom? I’ve never done that. I guess you lock a dorm room, but I’ve never locked a bedroom in a house.

Well maybe you should start doing it.

Because it obviously saved the lives of the people in that room.

by Anonymousreply 212November 16, 2022 5:33 PM

Video of possible stalker. Two of the girls first ignore him and then ditch him, and he appears disappointed by that. The couple weren't with the two girls at this time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213November 16, 2022 6:32 PM

or just some guy

by Anonymousreply 214November 16, 2022 6:46 PM

[quote] Maybe they have the suspect but he’s incapacitated/hospital ized? Like a failed suicide attempt?

if that were so they would annoucne they had a suspect in custody.

by Anonymousreply 215November 16, 2022 6:50 PM

It's probably the police chief's son. Or the campus cop. There aren't a lot of other reasons to be so vague.

by Anonymousreply 216November 16, 2022 6:54 PM

wait, so there were 2 other people living in the house with them and survived? I remember in college, if your roommate died, you get 4.0 that semester or year...

by Anonymousreply 217November 16, 2022 7:16 PM

[quote] I remember in college, if your roommate died, you get 4.0 that semester or year...

That supposed "secret policy" is a long-standing urban myth, but I've never heard of anywhere where it was actually true.

by Anonymousreply 218November 16, 2022 8:56 PM

This evening's press conference.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219November 16, 2022 10:51 PM

R213, can we get time stamps?

[quote]“They were stabbed. We got the call. I don’t want people to make assumptions about our kids. It wasn’t drugs and it was definitely not some passion thing between these kids. Someone entered the house.”

I think she's disputing this because she misunderstands what a "crime of passion" actually is.

by Anonymousreply 220November 16, 2022 11:25 PM

So now this LE person says, well yeah, there could be a killer on the loose and everyone could be at risk, but, uh, we had a chit chat when this happened and decided we wouldn't put it that way in the beginning, but yeah, I should have been here a couple days ago giving a presser, but, uh, we're just stupid up here in Idaho.

My god. I skipped past the stupid university president talking about how loved their students are, counselors, thoughts and prayers, yada yada.

Ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 221November 16, 2022 11:31 PM

Bridge Guy: The Sequel

by Anonymousreply 222November 16, 2022 11:33 PM

Blah, blah, blah. They don't know anything. Fucking clown show. The Chief seems pretty shook up and the President was very emotional. The reporters are trying to nail them down on previous statements but they can't answer anything. Pretty lame.

by Anonymousreply 223November 17, 2022 12:14 AM

[quote]Moscow police appear to be searching for a “Rambo”-style knife involved in the killing of four University of Idaho students, a store manager said Wednesday. Scott Jutte, general manager of Moscow Building Supply, told the Idaho Statesman that police have visited the store more than once to ask whether the retailer sold anyone KA-BAR brand knives, which are also known as Kabar or K bar knives.

The above is a quote from The Idaho Statesman online. DL wouldn't accept the link.

They must have something. If not the actual knife, maybe its sheath was found nearby.

by Anonymousreply 224November 17, 2022 1:00 AM

I thought a crime of passion was killing one, maybe two people in a fit of rage, usually during an argument, but slaughtering four people in their sleep? That sounds more like a MESSAGE.

by Anonymousreply 225November 17, 2022 1:00 AM

Blood oozing out the walls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226November 17, 2022 1:16 AM

[quote] What we know about the 4 Idaho college students found dead in an off-campus home

MOSCOW, Idaho — The killings of four University of Idaho students Sunday elicited shock and sadness on campus, in the college city of Moscow, Idaho, and beyond.

The victims were Kaylee Goncalves and Madison Mogen, who became fast friends in the 6th grade; Ethan Chapin, a triplet from Washington state known for his love of sports and his sense of humor; and Xana Kernodle, a marketing major whose family recalled her positive and light-hearted personality.

The four were found slain at a home off-campus. A suspect has not been arrested. Moscow police said they don't believe there is an ongoing threat, and that “evidence indicates that this was a targeted attack.”

Goncalves, Mogen and Kernodle lived together at the home, according to Ellie McKnight, their neighbor and a friend of Chapin's at the University of Idaho.

Here is what we know about the victims:

Kaylee Goncalves, of Rathdrum, a city close to Coeur d’Alene, was “the ultimate go-getter,” her sister, Alivea Goncalves, told NBC’s “TODAY” in an interview.

She was a senior majoring in general studies in the College of Letters, Arts and Social Sciences, and was in the Alpha Phi sorority, the university has said.

Goncalves and Mogen had been friends since middle school, and members of both families treated them as one of their own. The Goncalves’ took Mogen with them on cruises, and vice versa.

“They did everything together,” Alivea Goncalves, said. “They fought like sisters, they loved like sisters, they shared clothes and fought over the clothes they shared like sisters.”

Kaylee Goncalves had recently bought a 2016 Range Rover, she planned a trip to Europe for next year, and planned to move, probably to Texas, also next year, her sister said.

“She had everything going for her, absolutely everything,” her sister said. “She had her job lined up. She had worked really hard for it, she just bought a new car, she had trips planned.”

Madison Mogen, 21

Mogen, of Coeur d’Alene, was a senior majoring in marketing and was a member of the Pi Beta Phi sorority, the university said.

“I wouldn’t have wanted anyone else to be the main character in all my childhood stories,” Kaylee Goncalves wrote on Instagram in May to wish her Maddie a happy 21st birthday. A slideshow showed them grow up from young girls to the college students they were.

Mogen planned to move to Boise after graduating this spring, family friend Jessie Frost told the Idaho Statesman newspaper.

Mogen also worked with Kernodle at a restaurant, and Mogen helped run the business’ social media pages, the newspaper reported. The restaurant, the Mad Greek, posted on Facebook that the two women "brought so much joy to our restaurant and all of those they encountered."

Ethan Chapin, 20

Chapin was a freshman from Mount Vernon, Washington, a city in Skagit County north of Seattle.

He majored in recreation, sport and tourism management, and was a member of Sigma Chi fraternity, according to the University of Idaho.

Chapin had just turned 20, and was a triplet, his parents, Stacy and Jim Chapin, told NBC affiliate KING of Seattle.

“Everything we do, is all of us, together,” Stacy Chapin told the station. “We’re a pretty tight family.”

Chapin and his siblings were athletic, and among the sports he played was club soccer for years, his parents said. He was funny and loved country music, they said. "He literally lit up every room," his mother told KING.

He also was in a relationship with Kernodle, and the two had been dating since the spring, McKnight said.

Xana Kernodle, 20

Kernodle, of Post Falls, Idaho, was a junior majoring in marketing, and she was also in Pi Beta Phi sorority, the university said.

“I am lucky to have had her as a sister,” her sister, Jazzmin Kernodle, said in a statement.

Jazzmin Kernodle recalled her sister as someone who was so positive and light-hearted she "always lifted up a room." The family is at a loss for words, and are waiting to find out more from the investigation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227November 17, 2022 1:26 AM

[quote] University of Idaho murders: blood seen oozing from house amid reports of previous threat

Blood was seen seeping from the house where four University of Idaho students were brutally murdered over the weekend as a report of a previous campus threat surfaced.

Fox News Digital obtained the grisly new photos of the crime scene Wednesday that showed blood dripping from the first floor bedroom down an exterior wall at the back of the house.

"It was very bloody scene inside," an officer said.

Back in September, campus security sent out what is known as a "Vandal Alert" to staff and students with the subject line "Threat with Knife" notifying the community of the alarming incident.

"The Moscow Police Department received a report that a group of students was walking between the Steam Plant parking lot (Lot #14) and the Student Recreation Center on Paradise Path and were threatened by a person with a knife," states the alert from Sept. 12.

"No individual was harmed in the incident, but campus community members are advised to be cautious," the notification states.

The suspect was described as a White male between the ages of 18 and 22, wearing all black clothes and a black baseball cap, and riding a mountain bike.

The Moscow Police Department declined to comment on the incident, whether the suspect had been apprehended or whether it could be connected to the Nov. 13 quadruple homicides that occurred about one mile away.

"I have no information on that at this time," Capt. Anthony Dahlinger told Fox News Digital. A spokesperson for the university didn't immediately return a request for comment.

Police announced Tuesday that they had not recovered the murder weapon but believe it was likely a knife and called the gruesome killings an "isolated, targeted attack." The released added, "There is no imminent threat to the community."

The students' bodies were found Sunday morning after police responded to a report of an unconscious person at a rented home on King Road near the university's fraternity row.

The victims are Ethan Chapin, 20, of Conway, Washington; Madison Mogen, 21, of Coeur d'Alene, Idaho; Xana Kernodle, 20, of Avondale, Arizona; and Kaylee Goncalves, 21, of Rathdrum, Idaho.

The shocking murders have left locals and the campus community on edge.

Police have remained tight-lipped but have said the suspect remains at large. Moscow Mayor Art Bettge previously told Fox News Digital that investigators are probing as possible motives a "crime of passion" or a "burglary gone wrong."

Marc Risen, the father of a student and a retired police officer, said the University of Idaho needs to beef up security.

"Telling parents there is no threat is not helpful," he said. "Hiring off-duty police is a quick way to put boots and guns where they need to be; protecting students until the suspect is arrested."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228November 17, 2022 1:28 AM

Poor Ethan died a virgin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229November 17, 2022 1:28 AM

He lit up a room!

by Anonymousreply 230November 17, 2022 1:30 AM

Don’t know if anyone posted this or not: article has victims’ names and mentions a wellness check, which I didn’t know about.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231November 17, 2022 1:45 AM

Could someone summarize the leading theories at this point?

by Anonymousreply 232November 17, 2022 1:47 AM

Another Grindr murder..

by Anonymousreply 233November 17, 2022 1:54 AM

The K-Bar knives are great. I still have my dad's USMC issued one. It's fantastic for gutting salmon.

by Anonymousreply 234November 17, 2022 2:01 AM

the 911 call wasn't made for 9 hours!!!!

2 others were in the house

WTF?

by Anonymousreply 235November 17, 2022 2:02 AM

one of the victims rejected the cunt, probably made fun of him etc.

by Anonymousreply 236November 17, 2022 2:06 AM

[quote] Could someone summarize the leading theories at this point?

Probably not.

Sounds like the Moscow police are no better than the Uvalde police, or the Mayberry police force, for that matter.

Totally incompetent.

by Anonymousreply 237November 17, 2022 2:14 AM

I wonder if they have spoken to and cleared the somewhat creepy guy in the twitch video that arrived with the girls at the food truck then stood around keeping tabs on them.

Daily mail link to come. Watch the food truck video.

by Anonymousreply 238November 17, 2022 2:27 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239November 17, 2022 2:28 AM

[quote] HOW, do the Cops know there's no more threat?

The killer is the son of the mayor or the police chief or a congressman?

by Anonymousreply 240November 17, 2022 3:07 AM

The food truck video was already explained by a local: The guy is one of their boyfriends. He wasn't as wasted as they were so he accompanied them. They weren't paying attention and almost left without him, which you see when he throws his hands up in exasperation and hurried to catch up.

The house is a typical college town rental; it's rented by the room per semester with shared living spaces. It's three stories and no, it's not unusual for two roommates to have locked bedroom doors in a shared housing situation. Drunken college students aren't known for strict adherence to security and it's common for main entrances to be unlocked, either purposefully or accidentally. These women were security aware or had been warned by older, wiser family/friends to use their personal locks.

It is not weird that no one heard anything. The house is practically on campus, in the middle of greek housing, and is known as the party street. They are used to noise and probably utilize white noise or fans to drown it out. Furthermore, the victims were likely to have had their throats cut which eliminates the slasher flick screamfest some repetitive commenters imagine.

by Anonymousreply 241November 17, 2022 3:12 AM

What a weird and disturbing case. A jilted maniac is supposedly on the loose, but is “of no threat to the public.” Suspicion is cast on various creeps with womanly hips who hang out around the university, and supposedly one if them managed to kill four adults with a bowie knife, Green Beret-style. And the victims’ parents know 100% that it was NOT a drug deal gone bad.

by Anonymousreply 242November 17, 2022 3:15 AM

[quote] Furthermore, the victims were likely to have had their throats cut which eliminates the slasher flick screamfest some repetitive commenters imagine.

So much blood....

by Anonymousreply 243November 17, 2022 3:18 AM

I believe the autopsies were scheduled for today

by Anonymousreply 244November 17, 2022 3:18 AM

The drug deal speculation was incredibly stupid from the start. As I said way upthread, this is almost guaranteed to be a loser freak stalker who didn't get what he felt was owed to him. The entitlement, hatred, and rage toward women is all over straight male-oriented online spaces.

by Anonymousreply 245November 17, 2022 3:26 AM

This is what a k-bar knife looks like, btw.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246November 17, 2022 3:43 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247November 17, 2022 3:50 AM

"I'm not a stupid mass shooting follower. I can kill multiple people with knives."

by Anonymousreply 248November 17, 2022 3:58 AM

Euphoria will work this into their next season as a reason none of them go off to college and they all stay in their shitty town so they get another year of the show.

by Anonymousreply 249November 17, 2022 3:59 AM

Spree killer like Danny Rolling that did the Gainesville murders (truly disturbing what he did to those young women)

Or the stalker theory.

It was at 3:00 pm in the morning. They were all most likely sound asleep. The killer snuck in or the doors were unlocked. Covered the mouth of the first victim, stabbed them multiple times and then moved on to the next victim

Poor kids. How horrible

by Anonymousreply 250November 17, 2022 4:01 AM

"Poor Ethan died a virgin."

A biblical virgin, but his pucker was penetrated.

by Anonymousreply 251November 17, 2022 4:01 AM

[quote] It sounds like the plot of an 80's low budget horror movie.

I agree — I think it sounds fun! And spoooooky!

by Anonymousreply 252November 17, 2022 4:04 AM

Plus, the public doesn’t know if one or more of the girls were sexually assaulted

by Anonymousreply 253November 17, 2022 4:06 AM

Four people are seemingly randomly bloodily butchered yet there’s no threat to the public? What the actual fuck? A college town with a knife wielding maniac on the loose? Have the police never watched a fucking movie?!

by Anonymousreply 254November 17, 2022 4:06 AM

r254, movies aren't real life.....you know that, right?

by Anonymousreply 255November 17, 2022 4:08 AM

The only way they could claim there was "no threat to the public" is if they knew unequivocally who the murder was and that this clearly motivated by animosity towards one of the victims and the others were just there and he killed them because they could be witnesses.

But, come on, even then, the killer would still be SOME threat. Who knows how he'd react when being pursued by police or otherwise out of desperation.

I'd pull my kids out of there pronto.

by Anonymousreply 256November 17, 2022 4:11 AM

Why are we saying Ethan was a virgin? Wasn’t one of the other girls his girlfriend?

by Anonymousreply 257November 17, 2022 4:19 AM

^ Using that logic, everyone everywhere is in danger. There are killers in pretty much all big or mid-sized cities

by Anonymousreply 258November 17, 2022 4:20 AM

R255 don’t be a dipshit.

R256 if they don’t know who the killer is there’s no way they can say there’s no threat to the public. It’s fucking mental.

by Anonymousreply 259November 17, 2022 4:23 AM

It sounds almost exactly like what Danny Rolling in the Gainesville spree killings choosing college students, including at least one male -- and Ted Bundy who broke into the sorority dorm and killed/raped a few.

A spree killer.

And so, the Keystone Cops say - no need to worry! We're sure this is an isolated attack. Yet they have NO idea who it is - only that he used a weird, ritual like method of killing with some weird knife. (when everybody in Idaho has a gun)

by Anonymousreply 260November 17, 2022 4:28 AM

Can someone explain how the blood started leaking down the walls on the outside of the house?

That part freaks me out.

by Anonymousreply 261November 17, 2022 4:35 AM

Let's not rule out the supernatural or paranormal.

by Anonymousreply 262November 17, 2022 4:37 AM

If he tied all four of them at one corner of a room or against a wall and cut all their throats, could blood permeate the wall and end up dripping down on the outside of the house?

I'd think only if it had a wood foundation - or at least wooden walls? Surely it wouldn't get through concrete.

Seems like more evidence that it's a Jeffrey Dahmer like delusional schizophrenic psychopath... and yet, they think this guy wouldn't kill anybody else? (though they backtracked a little - do be careful now, you hear? says Barney Fife)

by Anonymousreply 263November 17, 2022 4:39 AM

"Moscow is a city in northern Idaho along the state border with Washington, with a population of 25,435 at the 2020 census..."

No offense, this is a small town PD, they are not equipped with talents and means to handle high profile cases like this, hence the "clueless" statement regarding the danger to the community etc, also don't expect them to have the forensic experience of big PDs, from the report, the police learned the twitch streaming videos from online posts, so don't be surprised the internet sleuths are ahead of them on clues or information found on social media , it's not they don't want to comb through the digital information, they just don't know how to extract information effectively from the social media.

by Anonymousreply 264November 17, 2022 5:50 AM

The long-haired guy in R213's video is cute. Who's the fattie hanging with them?

by Anonymousreply 265November 17, 2022 5:52 AM

[quote]The food truck video was already explained by a local: The guy is one of their boyfriends.

If he’s the boyfriend of the student who had her hands all over the cute, long-haired guy, uh oh….

by Anonymousreply 266November 17, 2022 6:12 AM

r261, most houses are nothing more than wood frames, drywall, insulation, and some siding. They're supposed to have a moisture barrier between the insulation and sheathing/siding but this is a college rental so I'm sure it wasn't done very well. If unsealed, it could drain into the wall cavity and down to the foundation. Horrible.

by Anonymousreply 267November 17, 2022 7:55 AM

The fbi is assisting.

by Anonymousreply 268November 17, 2022 7:56 AM

Four adults would yield approximately six gallons of blood.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269November 17, 2022 8:02 AM

Ugh. Unimaginable.

by Anonymousreply 270November 17, 2022 8:04 AM

Police are changing their story.

“𝑾𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒔𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒏𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒚 and as we have stated please stay vigilant, report any suspicious activity and be aware of your surroundings at all times,” Fry warned.

Fry said police were still seeking a 𝒔𝒖𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒄𝒕 𝒐𝒓 𝒔𝒖𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒔 responsible for the gruesome scene.

A murder weapon or motive has not been found. There was no sign of forced entry.

The FBI and state police are also assisting in the probe that includes at least 25 investigators, Fry said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271November 17, 2022 8:26 AM

People on reddit say there was a search warrant executed in Boise tonight but I can't follow how they know it's related. They say the info is from listening to the police scanner and may be regarding dna obtained at autopsies, which apparently were completed tonight. It's just a ton of unverified rumors and speculation.

by Anonymousreply 272November 17, 2022 8:31 AM

I'll infiltrate and get the scoop.

by Anonymousreply 273November 17, 2022 9:34 AM

r231, the wellness check was on an unconscious (or suspected unconscious) person outside the home. When the police went to check on that, they found the four people murdered.

by Anonymousreply 274November 17, 2022 9:44 AM

[quote]The guy is one of their boyfriends

Police said this is not her boyfriend Jake, who was in Boise at the time and his alibi has checked out. The guy in the hoodie has not yet been identified.

by Anonymousreply 275November 17, 2022 10:05 AM

R231 Got it, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 276November 17, 2022 10:49 AM

r274, that is incorrect. The dispatch relayed a code for unconscious person but that doesn't mean the caller said that, only the emergency response terminology used. This was cleared up during one of the press conferences. No outside unconscious victim, only the four deceased inside.

r275, you're correct and I mixed that one up.

by Anonymousreply 277November 17, 2022 10:52 AM

[quote][James Fry] did say the call came in for an unconscious person, not a person with a stab wound.

That's from the CNN article updated just six hours ago at midnight.

[quote]law enforcement was not dispatched to the scene until an unidentified person called 911 and reported an unconscious person at the home

From a CBS article dated 10pm last night.

These were both posted after the news conference in question and both are saying that someone called to report an unconscious person. We may find out that it's simply a semantics or terminology issue and that this isn't what really happened, but as of right now, I'm going with what legitimate news sources have reported: that someone called to say there was an unconscious person at the home.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278November 17, 2022 11:08 AM

The two survivors were on the 3rd floor and it's rumored at least one of them heard noises (shuffling, maybe thumps?). It's unclear if this was dismissed as drunken roommate antics or concern that led to fear when no one was responding or moving around in the morning.

The roommate(s) contacted a boyfriend to come over and check out the downstairs because they were afraid something was wrong. Apparently he took a while to come over (possibly hours) and upon arrival, spotted one deceased through a window or door, which he reported to 911.

All rumors but seems pretty consistent with the bits and pieces of verified info. The sister of one survivor said she was in the habit of keeping her door locked. I can see how they'd be afraid of making a big deal out of nothing by calling the police and also afraid to leave the safety of their floor when they had a gut feeling things weren't right and no one was responding from downstairs.

by Anonymousreply 279November 17, 2022 11:18 AM

People often report confusing dead bodies as mannequins; the human brain sometimes doesn't allow us to process what we're seeing. The main point isn't about the terminology; it's about there not being a fifth victim or one that was actually alive at the time 911 was called. Everyone was dead for some hours except the caller and the two survivors.

by Anonymousreply 280November 17, 2022 11:22 AM

I watched the press conference, the cops have NOTHING, and are begging for tips from the public. Those poor kids were butchered. They should shut campus down early and send everyone home until after Thanksgiving.

by Anonymousreply 281November 17, 2022 11:32 AM

Imagine shutting down NYC or Chicago for every unsolved murder

by Anonymousreply 282November 17, 2022 11:35 AM

[quote]All rumors but

This is my point: you only have rumors. You're scolding and accusing people who have real information and links to actual legitimate news articles, when the truth is that you just made up a scenario in your head and want to argue about it. If I wanted that, I'd go to Reddit.

by Anonymousreply 283November 17, 2022 11:37 AM

R282 because this is so the same thing isn’t it. *rolleyes*

by Anonymousreply 284November 17, 2022 11:40 AM

Jazzmin? and its paired with Kernodle?

Two best friends in different sororities---I wonder what was going on there.

by Anonymousreply 285November 17, 2022 11:51 AM

I think the police already have a suspect but not saying it. They're probably onto him already and will arrest him soon. That's why they say there's no threat to the public.

by Anonymousreply 286November 17, 2022 12:01 PM

Well you’d think some security camera *somewhere* would have a shot of a guy covered in blood from head to toe.

by Anonymousreply 287November 17, 2022 12:11 PM

Not if he had on a disposable plastic poncho.

by Anonymousreply 288November 17, 2022 12:14 PM

Now that we know r241 is incorrect and the guy in the twitch video has NOT been identified and is Not “one of the girl’s boyfriends “who just wasn’t as drunk as them” , I think the twitch video is certainly a strong lead in this case. Those girls had zero interaction with him while he was clearly keeping tabs on them. Until that person is identified and cleared I would suggest he is a bonafide “person of interest” that the cops should be tracking down. That food truck video was only a few hours before they were killed.

by Anonymousreply 289November 17, 2022 12:15 PM

If they weren’t able to put up a fight etc and he was wearing dark clothes, I doubt it r287

by Anonymousreply 290November 17, 2022 12:16 PM

Blood doesn't show on black clothes.

by Anonymousreply 291November 17, 2022 1:22 PM

The food truck guys are obviously part of that nefarious child pornography ring. I'm almost certain they had access to at least one sharp knife, too. The dots are connecting!

by Anonymousreply 292November 17, 2022 1:24 PM

Straight men are creeps

by Anonymousreply 293November 17, 2022 1:38 PM

Could the kids have habitually left the front door unlocked and a prior visitor knew this? Sometimes off-campus sites rent out individual keyed rooms but the common areas are shared. (That way no one person is on the hook for the entire lease.) It was a home football game night and the housemates would be coming and going and out late.

At the Grub Truck, Kaylee gestures her head a couple times in the direction of the hoodie guy but he goes to the right after the girls leave to the left. I don’t think he’s involved at all.

Did they walk home after this as the house was quite a distance away. Did they get an Uber/Lyft? Did they get a ride from another student? Maddie was swaying so I doubt they walked the what, 1 plus mile, to their house. Surely house and business cams showed the gals’ movements. Surely the cops know by now.

Moscow Idaho is so different from Tallahassee (Bundy) and Gainesville (Rollings). It’s a small friendly relatively-isolated town and it was cold that night. I just don’t see a roaming serial killer who disappears in the large populace. It has to be another student or local male.

by Anonymousreply 294November 17, 2022 1:48 PM

Small town? I can believe that the front door was left unlocked.

by Anonymousreply 295November 17, 2022 1:53 PM

Here are some interiors of the house (if they haven't been shared before)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296November 17, 2022 2:08 PM

"I just don’t see a roaming serial killer who disappears in the large populace."

Serial killers do travel. The Golden State Killer was in both southern and northern California. Ottis Toole drifted all over parts of the US, killing people.

Just saying it's not outside the realm of impossibility. In fact, a small town with meager law enforcement resources who arent used to this kind of thing might be quite attractive to someone looking to kill.

by Anonymousreply 297November 17, 2022 2:23 PM

R296. Either Zillow crashed or they have pulled the listing down.

Despite r294’s protestations, the food truck guy and the girls are not interacting. In fact they are flat out ignoring him while he is watching them closely even when they move 6 feet further away while waiting. He most definitely needs to be questioned. Until he is cleared he should be a person of interest.

by Anonymousreply 298November 17, 2022 2:59 PM

Still in trulia

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299November 17, 2022 3:01 PM

Is it possible "twitch" can show any phones that connected to the food truck stream?

by Anonymousreply 300November 17, 2022 3:05 PM

r283

[quote]The main point isn't about the terminology; it's about there not being a fifth victim or one that was actually alive at the time 911 was called. Everyone was dead for some hours except the caller and the two survivors.

All of that is verified by law enforcement.

Whatever you think I'm scolding about it, the fact is that there was no unconscious person and the 911 caller was not someone living in the house.

by Anonymousreply 301November 17, 2022 3:12 PM

Blood dripping down exterior walls from inside?

by Anonymousreply 302November 17, 2022 3:18 PM

^Why not read the thread? It's been discussed twice in the 300 comments above...

by Anonymousreply 303November 17, 2022 3:20 PM

Don't they have security camera at the front door?

by Anonymousreply 304November 17, 2022 3:25 PM

And, r283, my "scolding" is due to people taking their unsubstantiated theories and causing situations shown in the link, which happens to everyone tangentially and closely related to any mysterious crime.

It's absolutely abhorrent to direct blame when there's no evidence. Hardly the same as deflecting blame when there is no evidence or information, which was the case when I scolded you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305November 17, 2022 3:26 PM

Wow, you're a sleuth R296.

That house is damned expensive to rent. $3000 per month!! What a ripoff.

They'll be lucky if they can get $300 per month, after what happened there.

Unless of course, you get someone who likes to sleep in a house that was a brutal crime scene.

by Anonymousreply 306November 17, 2022 3:29 PM

I don’t think $3000 a month is a lot of that house. Rents have skyrocketed in the past several years

Wonder if their parents were paying for tuition, rent, books living expenses etc

by Anonymousreply 307November 17, 2022 3:36 PM

3000 is not expensive for a 6 bedroom house. That's only 500 per bedroom and how they probably all split it.

by Anonymousreply 308November 17, 2022 3:40 PM

"Alivea has been on a mission to do some investigating of her own to try to piece together her sister's final hours. She knows Kaylee and another victim, Maddie, had gone to a popular Moscow bar that evening, grabbed food, and taken an uber. They have also looked at cell phone information to pinpoint who she was in contact with that evening. She says both girls were always cautious with safety in mind.

"I want to add, being vigilant in this case was not enough," she said. "They went out in pairs...they went to trusted places...I know for a fact they locked their doors. There was key pad on their door."

Alivea says the home the victim's shared was a popular hangout, including the night before this tragedy. She said it was likely others did know the code to the door, but it's hard to say who or how many. The area where they lived is packed with homes and apartments right outside the edge of the University of Idaho campus. It's a popular place for seniors to live after moving out of their fraternities or sororities."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309November 17, 2022 3:46 PM

That sounds like an inside job, R309.

These girls seem to have done everything right, in terms of safety.

Not sure what more they could have done, besides not giving out the number to their entry keypad.

But I guess that's nearly impossible, with so many people living in the house.

What a nightmare!

by Anonymousreply 310November 17, 2022 3:50 PM

[quote] A jilted maniac is supposedly on the loose, but is “of no threat to the public.”

The cops don't have a suspect, so there's no evidence or theory we've been given by them that someone who was "jilted" did this.

by Anonymousreply 311November 17, 2022 3:56 PM

"Alivea's On The Case. Coming Soon to Peacock."

by Anonymousreply 312November 17, 2022 3:56 PM

Why did Kaylee and Madi look almost exactly alike?

by Anonymousreply 313November 17, 2022 3:57 PM

I think the survivors probably having their room doors locked and being on the 3rd floor saved them. The ground floor windows are sliders and along with sliding patio doors, are notoriously easy to break in without breaking glass. I can't imagine what everyone involved is going through, especially the roommates.

by Anonymousreply 314November 17, 2022 3:58 PM

She just needs to channel her inner Oleebia, r312.

by Anonymousreply 315November 17, 2022 4:01 PM

Reminds me of the Keddie cabin murders, where at least one or two people were asleep in another bedroom while the murders happened elsewhere in the unit.

by Anonymousreply 316November 17, 2022 4:08 PM

But everything up thread got mixed around by the person saying food truck hoodie guy was a boyfriend and had been checked out and it’s all innocent. That is not the case at all and truck guy has not been cleared and is not the boyfriend.

Too much Reddit reading causes mass confusion. I try to stay away from it.

by Anonymousreply 317November 17, 2022 4:27 PM

The sober guy in the food truck video who escorted the girls actually looks like Kaylee’s (ex?) BF Jack. The happy couple he keeps glancing at were not involved at all. He looks like the typical frustrated friend who has to chaperone his obnoxiously drunk pals to make sure they don’t injure themselves. I’ve been there myself, hah. The two girls appear to ditch him and he gestures in frustration and walks off in the other direction.

by Anonymousreply 318November 17, 2022 4:31 PM

There is exactly one comment referring to the incorrect boyfriend ID. There are MANY about drugs and cartels. There are MANY about someone being unconscious, outside of the house, and a nonexistent mystery person from incorrectly interpreting Deputy Fife's statements.

by Anonymousreply 319November 17, 2022 4:37 PM

The witch hunt on the food truck guy has been in full effect for almost a day and his supposed identity is all over social media.

I will not link to it because there is zero evidence at this point of his involvement.

by Anonymousreply 320November 17, 2022 4:41 PM

Have the other occupants of the house been ruled out as suspects?

by Anonymousreply 321November 17, 2022 4:45 PM

The reasons for the murders (drug cartels, etc) reminds me of the Manson murders. All the initial reasons were completely wrong.

These were white-bread kids from middle America. Nothing nefarious about their actions at all.

My 2 cents are spree killer or insane local white male obsessed with one of the pretty blonde young women.

This is very sad. Crazy males are a menace to society

by Anonymousreply 322November 17, 2022 4:48 PM

It must suck to be possibly the last person to see your friends alive. The poor guy was caught on video too.

by Anonymousreply 323November 17, 2022 4:49 PM

The endless replies in this thread mentioning fentanyl are really disheartening. How stupid are you people? There was never any reason to suspect hard drugs had anything to do with this event.

So very, very stupid.

by Anonymousreply 324November 17, 2022 4:53 PM

I found the food truck video very depressing.

by Anonymousreply 325November 17, 2022 5:28 PM

[quote] University of Idaho Murders: More Than One Suspect 'Possible,' Prosecutor Says

Police are searching for any possible suspects in the quadruple homicide of four University of Idaho students, Latah County Prosecuting Attorney Bill Thompson said on TODAY.

When asked if there could be more than one suspect in the case, Thompson said, "It certainly is possible."

The bodies of Ethan Chapin, 20; Madison Mogen, 21; Xana Kernodle, 20; and Kaylee Goncalves, 21, were found in a home near the school’s campus on Sunday, Nov. 13, rattling the small college town of Moscow, Idaho.

Thompson added police do not have a specific suspect, and investigators are continuing to look at all possibilities.

"The fact of the matter is whoever's responsible for these murders is still at large," he said. "The investigators do not know who that person is."

Two additional roommates were home at the time of the killings, but they were not injured or taken hostage, Moscow Police Chief James Fry said during a press conference on Nov. 16. Fry said the two surviving roommates were not witnesses, but did not specify if they were persons of interest or suspects.

Thompson told TODAY, "Anybody who might have knowledge is considered persons of interest at this point."

Thompson added his office is working to assist police "as much as possible" with obtaining search warrants for cell phone records, social media data and other information. He urged anyone with additional information to come forward to investigators.

The four friends were out on the night of Nov. 12 at different events in the college town, police said. Chapin and Kernodle were at a party on campus and Mogen and Goncalves were at a bar, police said. The four returned home sometime after 1:45 a.m. on Nov. 13.

Fry said the attack happened in the "early morning hours."

Police received a call of an unconscious person around noon on Nov. 13, and the four students were found dead from stab wounds. There were no signs of forced entry in the home, according to police.

Thompson said he could not disclose who made the 911 call, but that police know the identity of the person.

"I think the investigators are trying to ascertain why there was a delay and what what actually occurred, what was heard," Thompson said. "That’s a question that’s still out there."

A livestream from a late-night food truck in Moscow appears to show two of the victims ordering food, according to video obtained by NBC News. Joseph Woodall, who manages the truck, told NBC News they appear to have been there between 1:30 a.m. and 1:40 a.m.

Woodall did not identify which victims were seen in the video, and NBC News has not independently identified the victims apparently seen on the livestream.

Moscow police initially said there was no threat to the wider community, though Fry walked back the claim on Nov. 16.

"We cannot say that there is no threat to the community," Fry said during a press conference. "There is a threat out there, possibly."

Fry added investigators still "believe this was an isolated attack" with "targeted victims."

Some of the families of the victims have criticized the police department's response, saying the lack of information has only added to their "agony."

"There is a lack of information from the University of Idaho and the local police, which only fuels false rumors and innuendo in the press and social media," Jim Chapin, the father of Ethan Chapin, said in a statement to NBC News on Nov. 15.

"The silence further compounds our family’s agony after our son’s murder," he said. He urged officials to "speak the truth, share what they know, find the assailant and protect the greater community."

In a statement on Nov. 16, police said they "have shared every piece of information that we can without compromising the ongoing investigation."

The mayor said the deaths may have been a "crime of passion" or linked to a property crime "gone wrong," NBC News reported.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326November 17, 2022 5:39 PM

It’s not a witch hunt. And here it was referred to as someone who needs to be identified and cleared. So let’s stop the “poor guy” stuff until he is cleared As of now we do t know.

by Anonymousreply 327November 17, 2022 5:42 PM

Not a chaperone and the behaviour is worth looking into his identity

by Anonymousreply 328November 17, 2022 5:43 PM

Is Moscow, Idaho a rough town? Everyone seems to dress rather poorly and the the area where these students lived looks sketchy and run down.

by Anonymousreply 329November 17, 2022 5:46 PM

The per capita income is low - but are students included? And over 20-25% of the population is below the poverty line, though I'm not sure how that compares to other places or the national average. Seems high.

by Anonymousreply 330November 17, 2022 5:50 PM

Okay, the national poverty rate is around 11.5%

by Anonymousreply 331November 17, 2022 5:51 PM

I have a cute little cousin who goes there. Ugh.

God, with things like that food truck vid, I'm always reminded of that Margaret Atwood quote..."Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid men will kill them."

If it

by Anonymousreply 332November 17, 2022 5:51 PM

Students tend to be poor.

by Anonymousreply 333November 17, 2022 5:52 PM

When they say “early morning hours”, do they really mean dawn? Or do they mean any time after midnight (which is not morning at all)?

by Anonymousreply 334November 17, 2022 5:53 PM

"over 20-25%." I just meant 20-25%. Nix the "over."

by Anonymousreply 335November 17, 2022 5:53 PM

The roommates. Or at least one of the roommates. First, they haven't given interviews and we don't even know their names or story. 2: Every time they're mentioned, it's worded carefully as in 'there were others in the home, but we're not focusing entirely on them.' Meaning: they are suspects, but right now it's all very hush hush. Plus the cops need to CYA by saying, we're not only focusing on them. Their defense can't be that it was a rush to judgement.

by Anonymousreply 336November 17, 2022 5:55 PM

I would've thought college towns would have tons CCTV around -both for the locals/students' safety. Surely, a CCTV in that area have have an image of someone around that time .

by Anonymousreply 337November 17, 2022 5:57 PM

They’re not suspects. Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 338November 17, 2022 5:58 PM

I looked up some other college towns - Champaign, IL; Athens, GA; New Haven, CT - and Moscow's poverty rate isn't anything special. In fact, it's slightly lower than the other towns/cities I looked at.

by Anonymousreply 339November 17, 2022 6:02 PM

Plus, with their immediate notice that it was a crime of passion and there's no danger to the public. It's roommate /roommates. The lawyered up, probably before the 911 call (which neither roommate made, by the way) and it's a double dog dare ya type feeling the lawyers are threating the police. That's why we don't know who the roommates are. Probably the guilty party has access to good legal services (family, rich parents, rich lawyer parents)

by Anonymousreply 340November 17, 2022 6:03 PM

^^ Nonsense speculation. Will not age well.

By the way, how’s the lesbian mutilation murder investigation in Atlanta going? Is the girlfriend still a “prime suspect”?

by Anonymousreply 341November 17, 2022 6:06 PM

R337: Why? They usually don't have much crime.

I interviewed for a job there once. U of Idaho and Boise State vie for being the "flagship" in Idaho. Neither amounts to much compared with Washington State University which is a short distance from Moscow. The town of Moscow is pretty forgettable as is the campus. All very generic looking--a few nice old buildings on the campus, some nice old buildings downtown, the usual decrepit housing for students and generic shopping, pizza places, etc. Some fairly good departments and people feel they get a decent education there, but not a place that will attract high powered students from out of state.

R322: White bread looking kids use drugs and may wind up knowing dodgy characters. You seem awfully sheltered and/or stupid.

by Anonymousreply 342November 17, 2022 6:06 PM

I went to high school Lindsey’s dad. (He was a few years older than me)

These killing aren’t unheard of in college towns.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343November 17, 2022 6:07 PM

The websleuth fraus dug up a tiktok video that shows the female victims and their roommates. They're all the very definition of basic. Nothing seems weird or strange about any of them, they're just very bland and boring. I highly doubt this has anything to do with anything but either a methhead who broke in or a stalker. Then again, lots of bland and basic kids end up in deep trouble.

by Anonymousreply 344November 17, 2022 6:08 PM

Are you saying the roommates aren't suspects R338? Did you read that? The two articles I've read dispute that. One says the Police chief would not answer if they were suspects, the other says, "there were two other people in the house but we're not focusing only on them"

by Anonymousreply 345November 17, 2022 6:10 PM

Here's the video showing the roommates. Like I said, definition of basic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346November 17, 2022 6:13 PM

R339 If you want to see a high poverty rate college town, look up New Haven, CT, home of Yale.

by Anonymousreply 347November 17, 2022 6:15 PM

R346 Wait! Is the dog Ok?

by Anonymousreply 348November 17, 2022 6:17 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349November 17, 2022 6:18 PM

So, it was drugs then? At least one of the victims got mixed up in HARD drugs, and that somehow led to four people being murdered. Okay.

We will see.

by Anonymousreply 350November 17, 2022 6:20 PM

R342 have watched any of the vids or looked at the pics? These kids are basic white middle-class Americans.

Yea, maybe they did some drugs recreationally, but to get involved to the point of being stabbed to death?

No, bro. You’re totally off base.

Hopefully the catch the person or persons that did this and it doesn’t turn into another Delphi murder and takes years to solve

by Anonymousreply 351November 17, 2022 6:31 PM

[quote] He also told DailyMail.com the pair are not suspects but said every possibility is being looked at by the investigative team which now includes detectives from the Idaho State Police and the FBI as well as the Moscow Police Department.

by Anonymousreply 352November 17, 2022 6:32 PM

I haven’t been keeping up that much today, but let me see if I got this right.. one of the surviving girls called her bf when she heard thumping noises. He came hours later and saw a body through a window or a door? If that is true, WTF!!! I can give them a slight pass on why they didn’t call police right away if they didn’t think much of it. At the same time, wouldn’t they have eventually went to investigate once it got quiet? And why did the bf come hours later? This story gets weirder by the day.

by Anonymousreply 353November 17, 2022 6:44 PM

R351 The "drug deal gone wrong" scenario is based on the theory that one or more of the victims being involved in the drug TRADE, not as recreational users. In other words, a drug dealer rival took them out, or it was a planned hit staged as a "crime of passion" over money owed or embezzled from a drug dealing network.

by Anonymousreply 354November 17, 2022 6:44 PM

R344: You reallyseem naive.

by Anonymousreply 355November 17, 2022 6:47 PM

R354, is there ANY evidence that would make a person seriously consider that to be a plausible scenario? Is there ANY evidence that any of these victims was involved in the drug trade?

by Anonymousreply 356November 17, 2022 6:51 PM

R356 What kind of evidence are you talking about? Informing their parents of their part-time jobs? Posting their drug dealing on social media?

by Anonymousreply 357November 17, 2022 6:59 PM

Got it. So, to recap: there is ZERO reason to think any of them were involved in drug trade. You’re just assuming that they were, because… a multi-homicide of this nature, of college students, is usually tied to drug trade? And anyone who thinks that’s implausible or at least not indicated by any of the available facts of the case, is naïve and/or stupid?

by Anonymousreply 358November 17, 2022 7:10 PM

It's really not that unusual the other two roommates were completely unaware of what happened in other rooms or downstairs. When I shared an apartment with two other guys in college, a lot of times I didn't even bother to check what was going on or who was in the living room, I just assumed it was the roommates and their friends, especially in the midnight, if I woke up, I just put on a headphone and ignored the noise and went back to sleep.

by Anonymousreply 359November 17, 2022 7:22 PM

R358 I think the drug trade scenario is plausible because of the brutality of the crime, but I also think a single individual who was humiliated or rejected by one of the women is also plausible, although it's frightening to contemplate that an average, non-threatening nerd could slaughter four people with the brutality of an MS-13 gang member.

by Anonymousreply 360November 17, 2022 7:24 PM

DAMN Fraternity hazing!!! This madness needs to stop.

by Anonymousreply 361November 17, 2022 7:26 PM

Both of the upstairs roommates look like fierce cholas.

by Anonymousreply 362November 17, 2022 7:30 PM

I think if it was drug related a gun would be used with a silencer. It wouldn’t shock me if it turned out to be some random psycho that just wandered into their house.

by Anonymousreply 363November 17, 2022 7:32 PM

Are there Mormon mafia drug dealers?

by Anonymousreply 364November 17, 2022 7:33 PM

It's pretty sad that the food truck had more security than the student housing in that area.

by Anonymousreply 365November 17, 2022 7:41 PM

Yes R364. Very common. Notorious in fact. Very naïve and/or stupid to think otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 366November 17, 2022 7:42 PM

R365: Do you live in a bunker. It's a sleepy college town where the police seem to be idiots.

by Anonymousreply 367November 17, 2022 7:43 PM

[quote]Are there Mormon mafia drug dealers?

There's a booming meth trade in Moscow and surrounding areas, and I believe only a fourth of the population are Mormon. And I'm guessing the victims were not among them, because Mormons are not known for getting shitfaced drunk.

by Anonymousreply 368November 17, 2022 7:52 PM

R348 I want to know the same thing. Where is Murphy the dog?

by Anonymousreply 369November 17, 2022 8:12 PM

[quote]I believe only a fourth of the population are Mormon.

It's under 10%. The heavily LDS areas are in the southern part of the state, where it's an easy drive to Utah.

Moscow has its own cult—Christ Church. They've made the international news a few times, most recently by encouraging all Christians to use fake COVID vaccine cards. Before that, it was the assertion that slavery was great for black families, and that women who reject their natural need to be controlled by men are tacitly consenting to rape.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370November 17, 2022 8:56 PM

R370 They named their cult after a town in New Zealand? That’s rather bizarre?

by Anonymousreply 371November 17, 2022 9:32 PM

Actually, heroin too -- the drug rings in the area usually involve both meth and heroin.

by Anonymousreply 372November 17, 2022 9:41 PM

That one male victim looks huge in the photos. You'd think, even drunk, he'd be able to put up a hell of a fight against someone with only a knife.

by Anonymousreply 373November 17, 2022 9:57 PM

IIRC, they interviewed the male victim's mother and she said he participated in every sport available.

by Anonymousreply 374November 17, 2022 9:58 PM

R374 If he was such a jock why was he still a virgin?

by Anonymousreply 375November 17, 2022 10:11 PM

I think those stats usually are permanent residents not the transient ones - aka students.

by Anonymousreply 376November 17, 2022 10:14 PM

I must have missed something - how do we know this guy was a virgin at 20?

by Anonymousreply 377November 17, 2022 10:15 PM

Was he a virgin sacrifice for some cult?

by Anonymousreply 378November 17, 2022 10:24 PM

R377, that’s a troll post.

by Anonymousreply 379November 17, 2022 10:27 PM

Death has come to your little town, Sheriff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380November 17, 2022 10:31 PM

For all the bloody mess, this appears to be an mass execution that was planned very well in that the victims throats were slashed, preventing them from screaming, and there were no gunshots to wake the other victims or the upstairs roommates. A mysterious crime that sends the message "don't fuck with us" to only those that the message is aimed at. Also, the prosecutor has reported to the media that there may be more than one killer, and the FBI is involved, so you can see where this is going.

by Anonymousreply 381November 17, 2022 11:11 PM

R38, where’s it going?

Not trying to be snarky, just genuinely curious

by Anonymousreply 382November 17, 2022 11:25 PM

R382 That one or more of the victims were possibly involved with or crossed paths with the wrong person in the drug trade, and this was a revenge killing. I know it's hard for some to believe that white middle class college students would dare to sell drugs on the side, but state college is around $8,000 per semester while the minimum wage is around $7 an hour, so I think this happens more than we want to believe.

by Anonymousreply 383November 17, 2022 11:33 PM

^I'm skeptical about a drug-deal murder scenario here. It would take an extremely foolhardy killer to enter a house like this and kill FOUR people with a *knife*, over money. It just seems preposterous. It's counterintuitive. An assassin would KNOW that there were likely two others upstairs before going in, as well...This HAS to be a crime of impromptu rage or an impulse killing by someone who was pretty close to being insane.

by Anonymousreply 384November 17, 2022 11:39 PM

R384 If that were the case, I don't see why law enforcement would downplay the danger to the general public, and claim it was a "targeted" attack. If an insane person spontaneously killing four people in a fit of rage is a "targeted attack," what kind of attacks are NOT targeted?

by Anonymousreply 385November 17, 2022 11:43 PM

R359, I get that, but she was concerned enough to call her bf, so it sounds like she knew it wasn’t the usual house noise. Why would he come hours later? It’s odd.

by Anonymousreply 386November 17, 2022 11:59 PM

It's very hard to see how ANYONE pulled this off unless all four of the kids were so wasted they were virtually comatose when it started. It just doesn't seem feasible that at least one of them couldn't get away.

by Anonymousreply 387November 18, 2022 12:00 AM

Somewhere only Reddit knows r382 lol

by Anonymousreply 388November 18, 2022 12:01 AM

R387 That's probably why the prosecutor is looking at more than one assailant.

by Anonymousreply 389November 18, 2022 12:02 AM

Maybe it'll turn out that the wrong people were killed.

by Anonymousreply 390November 18, 2022 12:04 AM

Let's say 4 people went in with 4 knives, each one only had to kill one person. What are the odds that there would not have been blood-curdling screams coming from downstairs during the melee sufficient to wake up anybody who was upstairs? Unless the upstairs folks were in on it somehow...And why wasn't there blood all over the place outside on the sidewalk, instead of just dripping down the outer wall? Small-town police departments very often fuck up complicated crime scenes before the pros arrive.

by Anonymousreply 391November 18, 2022 12:07 AM

It’s a house of all female sorority college students. I still think a stalker is a possibility. Or a couple of incels getting revenge on the kind of girls they will never have a chance with. The guy was just collateral damage cause he was there that night.

by Anonymousreply 392November 18, 2022 12:08 AM

This guy stabbed 3 grown men outside of a bar, killing 2. It’s possible, especially if they were asleep.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393November 18, 2022 12:08 AM

Just noticed these kids were murdered in a house on "Kind Road". Damn.

I think, insofar as the report of a 911 call about an "unconscious person outside the residence", was completely bungled and misconstrued.. I'm guessing the caller who was outside the residence,, looked in a window,, saw a victim, and could only tell they were unconscious, and not viciously murdered? I don't know. This is pretty fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 394November 18, 2022 12:10 AM

R392, I completely agree. That may not have been what happened, but it seems more likely than other scenarios proffered, like drug deal gone bad, etc. From what I've read.. these kids seemed pretty clean cut, and above board. What an awful crime.

by Anonymousreply 395November 18, 2022 12:13 AM

[quote]Imagine shutting down NYC or Chicago for every unsolved murder

Imagine that a small college campus is not a huge city.

by Anonymousreply 396November 18, 2022 12:20 AM

Imagine that small towns have had murders, even serial murders, without shutting down

by Anonymousreply 397November 18, 2022 12:24 AM

Jimmmmmmmeeeeeeeyyyyy!!!!

by Anonymousreply 398November 18, 2022 12:25 AM

Lots assumption that this is a "rational" murder. It easily could be someone with way too much meth on board doing something impulsive. Or s.omeone drunk and impulsive or just impulsive. The idea that this is well thought out really shouldn't be an assumption

by Anonymousreply 399November 18, 2022 12:32 AM

You fucker you, R398!

by Anonymousreply 400November 18, 2022 12:38 AM

Has anyone visited the FrauOracle and brought gift baskets of food

by Anonymousreply 401November 18, 2022 12:45 AM

I'm waiting to hear from Crystal Jo and DeeAnn Leigh.

by Anonymousreply 402November 18, 2022 12:53 AM

I watched that damn Jimmmmmmmmy video like 20 times.

How long ago was that shooting? Seems like 2 years now?

by Anonymousreply 403November 18, 2022 12:54 AM

Timeline:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404November 18, 2022 12:55 AM

^The cops have said twice that there is "evidence that this was a targeted attack." They know that the killer doesn't have it in for anyone else...I would assume it would be the guy who was the target, but if someone wanted him killed, they wouldn't do it while there were 3 other people around, deep in the middle of the night. This must have happened sometime around 3 a.m. or later. It's nuts.

by Anonymousreply 405November 18, 2022 1:02 AM

Has anyone considered the rival sorority?

by Anonymousreply 406November 18, 2022 1:10 AM

As a crazy Lifetime-esque movie as that sounds, R406, I doubt a gaggle of sorority girls with knives went on a throat-cutting killing spree.

by Anonymousreply 407November 18, 2022 1:29 AM

[quote] Has anyone considered the rival sorority?

De Kappa Tacion

by Anonymousreply 408November 18, 2022 1:33 AM

I think the killer is a woman.

by Anonymousreply 409November 18, 2022 1:37 AM

Hillary!

by Anonymousreply 410November 18, 2022 1:39 AM

The almost heavy-set blonde, is wearing the same jeans in the happy pic, as she is during the food truck streaming video. Conspiracy??

by Anonymousreply 411November 18, 2022 1:50 AM

Re: the girl who called her boyfriend. She heard disturbing noises, maybe the killer even tried her doorknob but it was locked. Would you go out? She called her boyfriend and maybe he’d been out drinking and partying like everyone else, didn’t hear the phone ring and slept until noon.

by Anonymousreply 412November 18, 2022 1:53 AM

No cameras anywhere? No neighbors with ring in a densely populated part of town? WTF? No one saw anyone coming or going? How is that possible? The dude had to be soaked from head to toe in blood. There would be a trail of it leading away from he house--bloody foot prints, hand prints on walls and door. The police are imbeciles if they can't get this case solved asap.

by Anonymousreply 413November 18, 2022 1:54 AM

R412. Maybe it was her boyfriend who did it?

by Anonymousreply 414November 18, 2022 1:55 AM

Bath salts make people do crazy, violent shit. Two guys (separate incidents) cut off their victim's body parts and ate them. They get super human strength and it can take several strong men to take them down.

by Anonymousreply 415November 18, 2022 1:59 AM

R407, you made me laugh, although I shouldn't be.

by Anonymousreply 416November 18, 2022 2:00 AM

I think it’s a guy who wanted one of the girls and she wasn’t interested and rebuffed him or maybe she didn’t even know how he felt about her and he became jealous of her flirting with others. Maybe they let him in as they knew him and then someone laughed at him and he went nuts.

by Anonymousreply 417November 18, 2022 2:20 AM

I don’t recall that college drunks tend to walk around “impulsively” with big huge Rambo knives r399.

Also you are the only one referring to it as a “rational murder” actually.

by Anonymousreply 418November 18, 2022 2:30 AM

Holy shit! They used a knife. I called it. It IS a slasher movie.

by Anonymousreply 419November 18, 2022 4:56 AM

Have they checked the cabins along the shore?

by Anonymousreply 420November 18, 2022 5:07 AM

How odd that neither resident upstairs heard a blood curdling scream. You know there had to be at least one. And if you do hear a blood curdling scream, and you call your boyfriend to come check it out and he doesn't, you call 911. You don't just pish posh off to bed and say, i'll just get some rest and think about this again late tomorrow morning/early afternoon. Ni nite! i

i

by Anonymousreply 421November 18, 2022 5:29 AM

I don't mean to be disrespectful, but to me it seems that the victims had a kind of grimy look about them. Bad dye jobs, cheap and sort of trashy clothing...I wonder if one or more of them was dealing on the side for extra income?

by Anonymousreply 422November 18, 2022 7:40 AM

Autopsies completed. No information released except stabbing was the cause of death.

Father of one of the girls says she was additionally injured defending herself. If true that would probably be the girl sleeping in the room with the guy.

by Anonymousreply 423November 18, 2022 8:35 AM

[quote]You don't just pish posh off to bed and say, i'll just get some rest and think about this again late tomorrow morning/early afternoon. Ni nite! i

Doing that might have just saved their lives. If they went to investigate instead of just going back to sleep, they’d be killed too.

by Anonymousreply 424November 18, 2022 8:51 AM

[quote]She called her boyfriend and maybe he’d been out drinking and partying like everyone else, didn’t hear the phone ring and slept until noon.

Good thing he was a flake. If he was a dutiful boyfriend he would’ve come running right into the killer’s arms. The girlfriend was basically calling him to come get killed.

by Anonymousreply 425November 18, 2022 8:53 AM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426November 18, 2022 9:02 AM

The whole independent article I posted is actually good to read (link above). But here is a snippet about the room mates:

“Surviving roommates could be ‘key’ to solving case, says police

Idaho State Police spokesperson Aaron Snell said that the two surviving roommates could be the “key” to solving the case of the fatal stabbing of four University of Idaho students.

“Potentially they are witnesses, potentially they are victims,” Mr Snell told ABC News.

The two roommates were present at the house when the four students were stabbed to death. However, they were left unharmed and there was not held hostage, police revealed earlier this week.

The spokesperson said the two roommates have been “working and talking with detectives, and they have been cooperative”. He added that the roommates were not the 911 caller.”

by Anonymousreply 427November 18, 2022 9:03 AM

Also funny that on one hand they are saying it could be more than one killer but the coroner is saying they were killed with the same knife - which they would know likely from tissue and dna mixing I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 428November 18, 2022 9:06 AM

[quote]Can someone explain how the blood started leaking down the walls on the outside of the house? That part freaks me out.

Usually when something traumatic happens inside a house, the outside of the house will start bleeding as it manifests the trauma. Think blood oozing out of walls or pouring out of elevators.

by Anonymousreply 429November 18, 2022 9:12 AM

Who was the 911 caller? The killer?

by Anonymousreply 430November 18, 2022 9:14 AM

Russia is such a dangerous country. Those poor exchange students.

by Anonymousreply 431November 18, 2022 9:54 AM

Ugh, I don’t think I’d want the police to describe me as “the key” to solving the case.

Were the two remaining roommates also out partying with the victims that night?

by Anonymousreply 432November 18, 2022 10:44 AM

The two roommates living in the attic weren’t as pretty as the other ones.

by Anonymousreply 433November 18, 2022 11:22 AM

The Mansons!!

by Anonymousreply 434November 18, 2022 11:42 AM

They were all stabbed to death with one of those huge Rambo knives. Whoever did it was drenched in blood. Hard to fathom there's not a single suspect or anything.

by Anonymousreply 435November 18, 2022 11:57 AM

R429 that happened to us

by Anonymousreply 436November 18, 2022 12:20 PM

Doing that might have just saved their lives. If they went to investigate instead of just going back to sleep, they’d be killed too.r424

Lots of things they did may have "saved their lives." Who thinks to themselves 'No biggie, i can hear my roommates being slaughtered downstairs but i'm exhausted!' They clearly heard something. One called her boyfriend to please come over and check it out. So why no 911 call? Very suspicious.

'

'

'

by Anonymousreply 437November 18, 2022 12:25 PM

For everyone wondering how the two surviving roommates could have slept through it, look at the street view: if I’m looking at this correctly, it seems that the third floor is offset from the second. Regardless, I’m surprised they don’t have someone in custody yet. This is a very small town and the pool of suspects can’t be that large but what do I know? So sad and I, too, am concerned about Murphy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438November 18, 2022 12:34 PM

If the attack wasn't that loud, and if the two girls upstairs were drunk, they could have heard something indeterminate, asked a friend to come check but then fallen asleep anyway, never once thinking that it could have been something serious.

The only way this makes sense is if there were no screams.

by Anonymousreply 439November 18, 2022 12:43 PM

Was it the inspecting boyfriend that did the 911 call?

by Anonymousreply 440November 18, 2022 1:16 PM

More details from the DM.

The four Idaho students murdered in their home on Sunday were stabbed multiple times by a long and wide knife in an attack that the coroner says was 'personal'.

Madison Mogen, Kaylee Goncalves, Xana Kernodle and Ethan Chapin were all murdered in the house in Moscow, Idaho, by an as-yet unidentified killer who remains on the run.

The horrific killings have petrified the college community, with students fleeing campus in fear of their lives.

𝑺𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒌𝒊𝒅𝒔 𝒔𝒖𝒇𝒇𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒅𝒆𝒇𝒆𝒏𝒔𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒔, according to Latah County Coroner Cathy Mabbutt. 𝑵𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒔𝒆𝒙𝒖𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒂𝒔𝒔𝒂𝒖𝒍𝒕𝒆𝒅.

Police continue to hunt for the killer but the slow pace of their investigation has enraged the victims' families.

'The lack of information, statements from left field from the mayor and lack of outreach to the public to gain information for the case has made this even more painful for all of us to experience,' Maddie's aunt told The Spokesman Review.

Xana's father Jeffrey reveals that she died fighting for her life.

He told CBS 5 that autopsy reports showed that his daughter Xana's skin showed 'bruises, torn by the knife.'

Kaylee's sister, Aubrie Goncalves, has also spoken out to warn any students in Moscow, Idaho, that they were not safe so long as the mysterious killer was still at large.

'No one is in custody and therefore no one is safe.'

'To the students of the University of Idaho that are still staying around campus, leave. Your grades are severely less important than your lives.

'I wish all the students of U of I safety and peace. You guys are not safe until this sicko is found.

Students on campus have since said they are 'leaving as fast as they can'.

Idaho State Police spokesman Aaron Snell said the two survivors are helping police with their investigation but would not give further details of how they survived or whether either Dylan or Bethany called 911 later on Sunday morning.

Police said they are establishing a timeline of events – including the visit to the food truck – but were criticized by Latah County Prosecutor Bill Thompson who said cops' insistence the community is safe is at odds with the statements released.

He told CBS: 'Obviously there's no way police can say there's no risk but what they're seeing indicates that there's not a risk this person will randomly attack people.'

by Anonymousreply 441November 18, 2022 2:05 PM

Where is Gale Weathers when we need her?

by Anonymousreply 442November 18, 2022 2:11 PM

Defensive wounds would indicate to me that the victims had time to scream or at least make some kind of noise, so now I'm real damn curious about what the two surviving roommates heard. Enough for one to ask a boyfriend to come check, but not enough to stay awake for.

by Anonymousreply 443November 18, 2022 2:28 PM

Yeah, the other 2 roommates are either surviving victims, witnesses, or worse suspects. LE are saying they're critical to the investigation.

by Anonymousreply 444November 18, 2022 2:38 PM

OMG, R441!!!!

Reading that made me very scared.

"Death has come to their little town," indeed!

It seriously reads like a real life "Halloween" or "The Town that Dreaded Sundown."

I can just imagine everyone in Moscow, ID rushing home at night to inspect their homes, bolt their doors, and being terrified of going to sleep.

by Anonymousreply 445November 18, 2022 2:46 PM

That Ethan kid had some chunky legs.

by Anonymousreply 446November 18, 2022 2:47 PM

I'm actually shocked that their family members are speaking out at all. God, they must just be gutted. Their sister/daughter/son is due home next week for Thanksgiving but instead are brutally stabbed to death. It's just fucking insane. Those poor roommates will never be the same.

by Anonymousreply 447November 18, 2022 2:56 PM

Regarding the surviving female roommates, they could have been drunk and/or under the influence of drugs and not thinking straight. Perhaps there was contraband in the house and that is why they didn’t call 911 when they heard the noises. 18 to 22 year olds can still make dumb decisions.

There was that Lululemon murder in Bethesda a few years ago when the young people working at the Apple store heard a woman crying for help, thumps, and noises of a scuffle. They wrote it off as the Lululemon staff playing around and neglected to investigate or call 911.

by Anonymousreply 448November 18, 2022 3:02 PM

I have reasons to believe a PEDO RING was operating on the 3rd floor of the house. This is why they didn't dial 911 or contact MPD according to the CCDA. DWs found on which FV? MM or KG? Has FTG taken a LDT???

by Anonymousreply 449November 18, 2022 3:10 PM

^What about pizza? Did anyone order pizza??

by Anonymousreply 450November 18, 2022 3:26 PM

[quote] He told CBS: 'Obviously there's no way police can say there's no risk but what they're seeing indicates that there's not a risk this person will randomly attack people.'

How on earth do they “see” this? Why be so cagey about who called 911?

by Anonymousreply 451November 18, 2022 3:32 PM

R449 you slay me 😂

by Anonymousreply 452November 18, 2022 3:37 PM

Don’t forget FTG r 449! (Food truck guy)

by Anonymousreply 453November 18, 2022 3:38 PM

If you've ever lived in a house full of college students, you tend to drown out noise to get some undisturbed sleep. I put on headphones. I woke up one morning to find a huge brawl had happened and the living room was trashed. Didn't hear a thing.

That sounds possible right?

by Anonymousreply 454November 18, 2022 3:41 PM

[quote]This is why they didn't dial 911 or contact MPD according to the CCDA. DWs found on which FV? MM or KG? Has FTG taken a LDT???

Maybe they down with O.P.P.

by Anonymousreply 455November 18, 2022 3:56 PM

Whoever did this would have covered in blood, surely?

by Anonymousreply 456November 18, 2022 4:01 PM

Maybe they attacked naked and showered before leaving.

by Anonymousreply 457November 18, 2022 4:26 PM

"gutted" R447? Too soon.

by Anonymousreply 458November 18, 2022 4:57 PM

DRENCHED in blood, no? 🩸

by Anonymousreply 459November 18, 2022 5:42 PM

R440, the police haven't disclosed who called 911.

by Anonymousreply 460November 18, 2022 6:54 PM

“To the students at the University of Idaho that are still staying around campus, leave.” Your grades are severely less important than your lives.”

Tell me you’re not Asian without saying you’re not Asian.”

by Anonymousreply 461November 18, 2022 7:11 PM

I’m still going with the super slasher Mean Girl Sorority just down Kappa Way that’s known to take no prisoners

by Anonymousreply 462November 18, 2022 7:29 PM

R449, hon, I hate to do this so close to TG, but because you failed to add “JMO,” “IMO,” “MOO,” and “YMMV” to the end of your post, I have no choice to put you on a 72-hour TO.

We both know how “Very” easy it is to mistake opinion for fact when we’re deep in that RH, sniffin’ and sleuthin’ down the hinky trail like a righteous momma bloodhound hot on the scent of “Justice.” The rules exist for a reason.

Hon, taking you off this case hurts my heart, because you could’ve been the one to break things wide open. Alas, I take my responsibilities here “Very” seriously and I want you to know that I prayed long and hard before coming to this decision.

Have a blessed TG!

by Anonymousreply 463November 18, 2022 7:32 PM

I think the AG’s (attic girls) had a grudge about the better looking ones having nicer rooms too. Also when they kept coming home with carbonara after being out at the bars,it just became too much to bear because one of the AG’s has a gluten allergy, and requested MANY times that they stop bringing pasta home. They hired FTG to stalk them and put do the deed if they came home with carbonara ONE MORE TIME. It’s highly plausible and many on Reddit agree with me.

by Anonymousreply 464November 18, 2022 7:33 PM

The subreddit on this case is crazy! These clowns doxxed all these kids, posting up links to the Facebook pages of the 2 roommates that aren't dead, and the Hoodie guy at the food truck - (who is facebook friends with one of the girls' ex-boyfriend) and have somehow decided he likes hunting, and owns a large collection of hunting knives.

by Anonymousreply 465November 18, 2022 7:36 PM

Attic Girls premise will be a big sitcom next year in the vein of Two Broke Girls, but will be called Two Live Girls.

by Anonymousreply 466November 18, 2022 7:40 PM

^^The pilot will be called "Two Girls, One Knife."

by Anonymousreply 467November 18, 2022 7:45 PM

I was thinking more along the VC Andrew’s theme like

Stabbers in the Attic

by Anonymousreply 468November 18, 2022 7:58 PM

Over on Reddit, someone explained how the police could describe it as a targeted killer, some of the victims might have just one fatal stab wound but the targeted victim will have been stabbed in a frenzy.

by Anonymousreply 469November 18, 2022 8:31 PM

All the girls look interchangeable.

by Anonymousreply 470November 18, 2022 8:47 PM

[quote] some of the victims might have just one fatal stab wound but the targeted victim will have been stabbed in a frenzy

R469 the first part of that statement is not always true, in a moment of rage people are capable of heinous crimes and sometimes it's totally out of their characters. And we have heard that before, repeated stabbings from perpetrators who had never met their victims before, but once it started, they just kept going and can't stop.

by Anonymousreply 471November 18, 2022 8:51 PM

The AGs were only FBFs w one of slain girls. WEIRD AF. Was there some kind of beef? Could've been a drug debt, the Idaho Pedo Depot, or just good old fashioned jealousy. Also, the door lock was where you punch numbers into.

Sounds like the AGs gave the perp the code, then locked themselves in their bedrooms, all safe and sound like. I still haven't ruled out WS (Idaho) or a FentyOD.

by Anonymousreply 472November 18, 2022 9:00 PM

[quote] University of Idaho murders: police can't say if survivors are witnesses or suspects

The female roommates who were home when four Idaho college students were savagely stabbed to death Sunday in a house near campus haven't been ruled out as suspects, an official told Fox News Digital.

"These are people who may have seen the crime but on the flip side may have committed the crime," said Aaron Snell, communications director for the Idaho State Police. "We don’t know if they are witnesses, victims or suspects, so until we do a thorough investigation, naming them would be inappropriate."

Snell added that the roommates had been "fully cooperative."

It was revealed Wednesday at a press conference, that the roommates had been home when Ethan Chapin, 20; Madison Mogen, 21; Xana Kernodle, 20; and Kaylee Goncalves, 21, were brutally attacked with an "edged weapon," likely a knife, between 3:00 and 4:00 a.m.

Police found the gruesome scene on King Road, in Moscow, Idaho, after responding to a 911 call around noon reporting an "unconscious individual."

Authorities haven't identified the caller or offered an explanation for why the savage murders weren't reported sooner if there were people in the same house.

Snell said investigators hadn't determined whether it was a single assailant, or zeroed in on a motive.

"Right now, all options are on the table. We haven’t excluded anything yet," he said. "We have not come to any conclusion yet, and I know that’s frustrating to the public, but this is a very complex and difficult case."

The size of the crime scene, the number of victims and the amount of forensic evidence that has to be processed makes the investigation more challenging, he said.

Snell added that he planned to release a more comprehensive timeline of the victims' final activity Friday afternoon as well as detailed information on the number of personnel working the case.

The FBI and the Idaho State Police are helping the Moscow City Police Department in the investigation.

Latah County Coroner Cathy Mabbutt said Thursday that the cause of death for all four victims was murder by stabbing.

She told the Moscow-Pullman Daily News that "It would have had to have been a very large knife." She also sid the attack seemed "personal" in an interview with the Idaho News.

Mabbutt told NewsNation that the victims were found in bed and may have been ambushed in their sleep.

"It has to be somebody that's pretty angry in order to stab four people to death," she said. There were no signs of sexual assault.

A local hardware store manager told the Idaho Statesman that police had stopped by more than once and asked whether the shop had recently sold any Ka-Bar-style knives. The store doesn't carry the weapon.

Snell urged locals to be vigilant. "There is an unidentified suspect at this time that’s in the community or in someone’s community somewhere, so you have to be cautious," he said. "There is somebody out there who has committed murder."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 473November 18, 2022 9:27 PM

"The stabbings are coming from INSIDE THE HOUSE!"

by Anonymousreply 474November 18, 2022 9:28 PM

[quote] Coroner Reveals Slain University of Idaho Students Were Slaughtered in Bed

Police arrived at the home of the four University of Idaho students who were slain on Sunday to discover their lifeless bodies still in bed, where the local coroner said it’s “likely” the friend group was slaughtered while they slept just hours prior.

Latah County Coroner Cathy Mabbutt dished the shocking detail on Thursday in a late-night interview on NewsNation’s Banfield, where she also revealed each victim was stabbed multiple times.

Prior to Mabbutt’s comments, police had kept nearly all details about what happened inside the Moscow, Idaho, home under wraps.

The coroner’s appearance put to bed a growing list of theories that’d begun circulating, which included the possibility that the mass stabbing occurred after a house party—something neighbors said were frequent at the six-bedroom home just off campus.

When asked if she could determine a potential motive based on the wounds alone, Mabbutt said it was apparent they came from someone enraged.

“It has to be somebody that’s pretty angry in order to stab four people to death,” she said.

Mabbutt had previously told the Spokesman-Review that some of the victims had defensive wounds from the knife attack, which she described as “personal.” She also said there was no sign of sexual assault on any of the victims.

The students killed were identified as Ethan Chapin, 20, of Conway, Washington; Madison Mogen, 21, of Coeur d’Alene, Idaho; Xana Kernodle, 20, of Avondale, Arizona; and Kaylee Goncalves, 21, of Rathdrum, Idaho.

Also part of police’s investigation is a Twitch stream that captured Mogen and Goncalves ordering at a food truck around 1:30 a.m. Sunday morning, just hours before they were killed.

Police said they’re probing everyone captured by the stream, as well as two other roommates, Dylan Mortensen and Bethany Funke, who were inside the home during the mass stabbing but were uninjured.

Authorities have been adamant that the surviving roommates—who were featured in a series of Instagram photos along with the four victims just hours before the fatal attack—are not considered to be witnesses or suspects.

Funke and Mortensen did not respond to multiple messages from The Daily Beast on their social media accounts, which are set to private. Police said neither of the women, who are both 21, called 911.

The Daily Beast made a records request for a recording of the 911 call, but were told in an email on Thursday that the city attorney had deemed it “exempt from public disclosure.”

While authorities have been slow to release information, family and friends of the victims have taken to social media to grill Moscow police for initially insisting the town of 25,000 was safe from a follow-up attack—something Fry now concedes is a possibility until an arrest is made.

“Your grades are severely less important than your lives,” Aubrie Goncalves, Kaylee’s sister, wrote in an Instagram post on Wednesday that urged students to flee town. “You guys are not safe until this sicko is found. If the person who did this is capable of killing four innocent people, they are capable of killing more.”

Flocks of students have fled Moscow since Monday. Classes were officially canceled on Monday but returned the following day.

The university’s president, Scott Green, fought back tears as he spoke at Wednesday’s press conference. He said then that he’d urged his staff to be flexible with students as they grieve the loss of their classmates and fear that they could be next.

While cops struggle to locate the perpetrator, family and friends have taken to social media to remember the slain students—all of whom were involved in the university’s Greek life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475November 18, 2022 9:37 PM

Jeffrey Kernodle, Xana’s father, told an Arizona TV station on Thursday that his daughter was a “tough kid.” He also said he believes his daughter fought her killer until the end—evidenced by “defensive wounds” discovered by Mabbutt.

Xana was a junior at the university and studied marketing. She’d been dating Chapin for about a year and they lived together, Jeffrey said.

Chapin was one of a set of triplets, all of whom were enrolled at the University of Idaho, his family said in a statement. He was in his freshman year studying recreation, sport, and tourism management.

The 20-year-old’s father has been critical of Moscow police this week, calling on detectives to be more transparent with their investigation to quell rumors that’ve filled the void of information.

“There is a lack of information from the University of Idaho and the local police, which only fuels false rumors and innuendo in the press and social media,” Jim Chapin wrote in a statement to Fox News. “The silence further compounds our family’s agony after our son’s murder…I urge officials to speak the truth, share what they know, find the assailant, and protect the greater community.”

Alivea Goncalves, Kaylee’s older sister, told The Daily Beast on Wednesday that her sibling was a senior. She had plans to move to Texas at the start of the new year and work a tech job there.

“Yes, we are all heartbroken,” Alivea wrote in a statement. “Yes, we are all grasping. But more strong than any of these feelings is anger. We are angry. You should be angry.”

Goncalves had been best friends with Mogen, a senior majoring in marketing, for years, Alivea said.

“Kaylee and Maddie should still be here with us,” said Kaylee’s father, Steve Goncalves, in a statement to The Daily Beast. “This monster that took away their lives, and the lives of Xana and Ethan needs to be punished and held responsible… Myself and my family will not rest until Kaylee, Maddie, Xana, and Ethan get the justice they deserve.”

by Anonymousreply 476November 18, 2022 9:37 PM

The girl who got the most stab wounds was probably a mean girl who made fun of the guy and humiliated him and maybe even bullied him.

Or maybe the ex-bf who got cheated on and dumped by her etc.

by Anonymousreply 477November 18, 2022 9:39 PM

[quote] When asked if she could determine a potential motive based on the wounds alone, Mabbutt said it was apparent they came from someone enraged.

[quote] “It has to be somebody that’s pretty angry in order to stab four people to death,” she said.

Derrrrrrppp.... ya' THINK SO, genius????

What a MabBUTT head.

by Anonymousreply 478November 18, 2022 9:40 PM

This gets more mysterious with every bit of information released. HOW does someone kill four people in an obviously messy manner and simply vanish, especially in this age of advanced forensics? Yes of course there will be a lot of pertinent information not being made public and the police may already know exactly who did it but it's a damn confusing one this.

by Anonymousreply 479November 18, 2022 9:46 PM

[quote] HOW does someone kill four people in an obviously messy manner and simply vanish, especially in this age of advanced forensics?

It's easier in a small town because there aren't as many witnesses or security cameras around.

I would assume.

by Anonymousreply 480November 18, 2022 9:53 PM

[quote]All the girls look interchangeable.

Inbreeding.

by Anonymousreply 481November 18, 2022 9:58 PM

Asleep? I’m sorry—who the hell can sleep on a belly full of spaghetti carbonara?

by Anonymousreply 482November 18, 2022 10:02 PM

GMA report on the murders.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483November 18, 2022 10:26 PM

One of the updates I was watching (some local news channel) said that it appeared the attacker came in through the sliding glass doors (leading to the patio or deck or something)

Someone upthread said those doors are pretty easy to get through without breaking glass.

I also remember reading that they were checking on the recent purchase of a "Rambo" knife at a local sporting goods store. If that panned out, it would mean some serious planning ahead. Probably including how to break into the sliding doors.

It's just so rare to have a female assailant or even a pair of them - and they would have overwhelmed four people, one of which is a 200+ pound athlete? It just doesn't fit the usual pattern at all. Plus, she or they wouldn't stay in the house, hiding upstairs, they'd leave and go somewhere else -- who hangs around and thinks they can wing it with the police 10 hours later after a murder that horrendous? Two 20-year-old girls? I don't think so. And it was a split level house and they were on the back side, pretty far from the front door. Really could have thought the party just got wild for a while - and anyway, when boyfriend didn't think it was worth investigating, why make a fool out of yourself by calling 911 over a drunk party?

by Anonymousreply 484November 18, 2022 10:27 PM

Oh now I remember - the local reporter said there was some caution tape or red stripes - whatever - around the sliding glass doors and that's because they thought the killer came in that way.

by Anonymousreply 485November 18, 2022 10:55 PM

R203, I had just started at Florida State when Ted Bundy did his thing at Chi Omega. This story sounds so much like that, doesn't it?

For everyone who doesn't know:

Bundy had encountered two of the victims at a dance bar (Machine Gun Kelly's), and presumably followed them home. He found an upstairs side door to the sorority, inadvertently left unlocked or he prIed it open; entered two separate rooms containing two girls each, and in a frenzy,chewed, raped, and beat them with a stick of firewood. Two lived, two died. There were others in the house who heard nothing. Then he left and broke into another house a block or two over and raped and killed another girl who was living alone.

I write this because I remember everyone in Tallahassee was in shock at what had happened. Most girls left campus immediately. Others found housing off campus. It was a crazy time. If he hadn't stupidly kidnapped and killed the 12 year old in Lake City, they may never had caught him.

These horrible murders seem almost the same. Killing for killing's sake.

by Anonymousreply 486November 18, 2022 11:01 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487November 18, 2022 11:03 PM

This will go unsolved. Idaho police are doubting the seconds until some bigger crime story comes along so people can forget this one.

by Anonymousreply 488November 18, 2022 11:04 PM

^Counting not doubting

by Anonymousreply 489November 18, 2022 11:05 PM

My guess is the "Surviving Roommates" are the killers.

by Anonymousreply 490November 18, 2022 11:06 PM

R433 Weird. I saw a photo of them all together today, and I remember thinking the girls in the attic were also very pretty.. It was a house full of pretty, bubbly, young, conventional"girls next door" living with one guy--Hugh Hefner in theory.

by Anonymousreply 491November 18, 2022 11:08 PM

Are the surviving members of the Manson Family accounted for?

by Anonymousreply 492November 18, 2022 11:08 PM

So the cops only had brief initial conversations with The AG’s. But the plan to have a more extensive interview. Translation: we fucked up on the first interview and didn’t ask enough of the right questions as the FBI has pointed out once they arrived.

And they are boo hooing also that everyone left for the holidays so they can’t interview people. Get on a plane and go to their homes.

by Anonymousreply 493November 18, 2022 11:15 PM

[quote] It was a house full of pretty, bubbly, young, conventional"girls next door" living with one guy

Sister Wives!!!

It's Idaho, after all. Mormon country.

by Anonymousreply 494November 18, 2022 11:15 PM

Not that part of Idaho.

by Anonymousreply 495November 18, 2022 11:16 PM

R490, interesting. Maybe batgirl and Robinette (the evil kind) repelled down from the back split level second floor to the ground, came around and got through the glass doors, and then overpowered the victims - probably the guy first, and he may have been the one with the worst wounds? And the other three were too stupid to grab their phone and run out to call 911. Like in the movies, they probably just stood there screaming and acting all girly and stuff.

It's just like Carrie! Well sort of.

by Anonymousreply 496November 18, 2022 11:21 PM

maybe it was one of the roommates who survived that did it!

by Anonymousreply 497November 18, 2022 11:38 PM

I was honestly thinking maybe it was the surviving girls because it is all so fucking weird. No blood prints of any kind outside? They need to check the drains in the house. That said, it just doesn’t seem possible they could do it. The guy was pretty big. But it was confirmed the victims were sleeping.

by Anonymousreply 498November 19, 2022 12:05 AM

[quote] it just doesn’t seem possible they could do it. The guy was pretty big. But it was confirmed the victims were sleeping.

If they started by killing him, then that would just leave the other three girls. And they all look fairly small, based on photos.

So it's possible.

by Anonymousreply 499November 19, 2022 12:08 AM

Just what was the initial information the police were using to determine that this was 'passion' and not at all any threat? That HAD to come from the scene and from the AGs. Then they further found that that no there is still a threat. Could one of the AGs be related to the police chief? Could the AGs initially lied?

by Anonymousreply 500November 19, 2022 12:17 AM

I wonder if it looked like a murder/suicide at first, but was later determined to be staged?

by Anonymousreply 501November 19, 2022 12:21 AM

[quote]The female roommates who were home when four Idaho college students were savagely stabbed to death Sunday in a house near campus haven't been ruled out as suspects, an official told Fox News Digital.

[quote]"These are people who may have seen the crime but on the flip side may have committed the crime," said Aaron Snell, communications director for the Idaho State Police. "We don’t know if they are witnesses, victims or suspects, so until we do a thorough investigation, naming them would be inappropriate."

“We don’t know if they are witnesses, victims or SUSPECTS”?

JFC, you better be pretty darn sure those two 20 year old sorority girls are cold blooded killers before making a stupid statement like that.

by Anonymousreply 502November 19, 2022 12:23 AM

These murders were done by a straight (probably) white male.

Either a crazed Danny Rollings type (stranger) person or a local male that was insanely obsessed with one of the blondes

by Anonymousreply 503November 19, 2022 12:25 AM

Please. If these two attic-dwelling, sorority sister 20 year old blondes murdered their 4 roommates with a Rambo knife???

No fucking way. There's a better chance of Pizza Hut opening a store on Mars next Summer.

People keep mentioning Bundy,Danny Rolling, etc. These killings weren't sexually motivated. My guess is, one girl was the actual target, the other 3 people were just collateral damage.

by Anonymousreply 504November 19, 2022 12:27 AM

These murders were done by a straight (probably) white cis male.

Typical

by Anonymousreply 505November 19, 2022 12:29 AM

[quote] These murders were done by a straight (probably) white cis male.

You're going to look like such a fool, when it turns out to be one of the female roommates.

by Anonymousreply 506November 19, 2022 12:34 AM

we need to see pics of the 2 other roommates who lived. Maybe she's ugly and jealous of one of the girls etc.

Maybe the two roommates killed them.

by Anonymousreply 507November 19, 2022 12:38 AM

It sounds to me like they all know who the killer/killers are. The police know and the upstairs girls know. But they keep saying they don't.

by Anonymousreply 508November 19, 2022 12:38 AM

Yeah, because a DLer getting the details of a murder wrong (which they always do) is SUCH an individually humiliating experience.

by Anonymousreply 509November 19, 2022 12:39 AM

It's possible the boyfriend thought Attic Girl was being a drama queen and/or he wanted to hang out with his buddies, watch sports, or take a nap and that's why he was delayed in his arrival.

by Anonymousreply 510November 19, 2022 12:48 AM

We’ve already covered that r507. Read the thread why don’t you.

by Anonymousreply 511November 19, 2022 12:50 AM

Big Trouble in Little Moscow

by Anonymousreply 512November 19, 2022 12:52 AM

Let's see then AG heard the screams and rukus, calls boyfriend who comes over and takes all the contraband (fentenyl pills, meth, coke, molly) out of the house then (after being called by his girlfriend and told she had heard screams and fighting) just peeked in the window but didn't go in?

by Anonymousreply 513November 19, 2022 12:59 AM

Was it Homecoming break in and murder weekend? Did the football team at least win?

by Anonymousreply 514November 19, 2022 1:09 AM

So much nonsense--the idiot who wants closed circuit video, the Bundy stuff. pining the crime on the two in the attic who were probably passed out, etc.

People carry hunting knives as drag in this part of the country. People do drugs. They meet weird people whom they let into their lives a bit more than they should (they're kids, basically). the cops probably are idiots and should have called in the pros from Boise or Spokane. They probably know more than they are telling but seem to disclose all kinds of random shit.

by Anonymousreply 515November 19, 2022 1:11 AM

Were the girls in the attic per chance named Anne and Margot?

by Anonymousreply 516November 19, 2022 1:13 AM

The girls in the attic were binging The Crown and laughing over tales their parents told them about when McDonald's was sophisticated and classy, while also also playfully pining over the cute (hopefully not) gay boy who lives in a 95 square foot apartment - who definitely WON'T be getting $1200 per month because he's not trans.

by Anonymousreply 517November 19, 2022 1:19 AM

This Anne and Margot are lucky that the local cops were not as efficient as the Gestapo. More likely they were named Jane and Blanche, although "Blanche" seems a bit passe as a name, esp. compared with Xana. They were busy bickering.

by Anonymousreply 518November 19, 2022 1:31 AM

If I peeked in the windows and saw dead bloody bodies I wouldn't want to go inside until the cops got there.

by Anonymousreply 519November 19, 2022 1:37 AM

[quote]You're going to look like such a fool, when it turns out to be one of the female roommates.

…or a dusky transient.

by Anonymousreply 520November 19, 2022 1:50 AM

“Right now, all options are on the table. We haven’t excluded anything yet,” said Aaron Snell, the communications director for Idaho State Police.

by Anonymousreply 521November 19, 2022 1:50 AM

But in the beginning they were sure it was safe since it was a crime of passion and no one had a thing to worry about. Something they initially encountered led them to say this. What changed? Tell us oh wize datawhores!

by Anonymousreply 522November 19, 2022 1:55 AM

it's someone INSIDE the house.

by Anonymousreply 523November 19, 2022 1:56 AM

The police have ruled out the guy in the hoodie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524November 19, 2022 1:57 AM

so, which reddit thread are you guys following? looks a lot speculations in this thread are from from there

by Anonymousreply 525November 19, 2022 2:15 AM

Do we have to call them "attic" girls? The insinuation is too apparent to ignore now, they are not as pretty as the blonde girls downstairs, the pretty blondes were having fun with guys in the the living room and in their spacious bedrooms, while those two stuffed in the attic alone by themselves and it's the weekend...

by Anonymousreply 526November 19, 2022 2:31 AM

Yes, we do have to call then attic girls. Absolutely.

by Anonymousreply 527November 19, 2022 2:37 AM

In Moscow? I blame Putin.

by Anonymousreply 528November 19, 2022 2:43 AM

them

by Anonymousreply 529November 19, 2022 2:43 AM

[quote]Alivea Goncalves, Kaylee’s older sister, told The Daily Beast on Wednesday that her sibling was a senior.

"Alivea"?

by Anonymousreply 530November 19, 2022 2:49 AM

So she was a senior--so what. Alivea looks like a drag queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531November 19, 2022 2:59 AM

The subreddit on this is a fucking mess. I just posted a link to a news article that said something these crazy broads didn't like and I've already gotten 3 downvotes. They're just mad because the police have said the roommates are not suspects at this time.

by Anonymousreply 532November 19, 2022 3:06 AM

KREM 2 News at 6pm (a local affiliate) did a 7 minute update. LE put out a press release.

The coroner says all the victims were "most likely" asleep when the attack occurred; each had multiple stab wounds, including defensive wounds. No sign of sexual assault. They were not gagged and tied. They do not believe the surviving roomates or the guy at the food truck were involved. They have no suspect.

Nearly 500 tips since the LE press conference are being processed, investigated, and cleared. 38 people who may have info have been interviewed. They're going to businesses to see who might have bought a switchblade knife.

46 FBI investigators are involved. An expert said using a knife instead of gun is unusual and may be a sign of "overkill" - so it's more likely to be someone they came in contact with who might have become fixated with them - or it might be based on rejection. Still asking for clues - like if anyone the four were associated with had a fascination with knives.

The girls got back from the food truck by uber at 1:45 am. They were looking to interview the driver but the reporter didn't say if that's already happened. She's put in a number of calls and questions to LE and got not response. Couple at a party at a frat house 3 minutes away but only from 8 to 9. Identity of 911 caller the next day at noon or so has not been released.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533November 19, 2022 3:19 AM

Yes, the Reddit "Ovarian Barbarians" have taken control of this case, and are stating their boundaries!

They've even abandoned those two poor girls from Indiana.

by Anonymousreply 534November 19, 2022 3:20 AM

"Alivea"?

I assume it's a look-at-me alternative to Olivia since Oliva isn't always pronounced with a hard "o" but more like uh-liv-i-ah

by Anonymousreply 535November 19, 2022 3:29 AM

Is Jessica Fletcher on the case?

by Anonymousreply 536November 19, 2022 3:30 AM

Fenty IS Savage.

by Anonymousreply 537November 19, 2022 3:34 AM

I guess the downstairs kids ate the yogurt out of the communal refrigerator of one or both of the AGs one too many times!

by Anonymousreply 538November 19, 2022 3:55 AM

The two girls who had the most similar hair color and style were rivals. Too lazy to look up their names. Anyhoo, one of these girls borrowed the other (similar) girls' sequin spaghetti strap top. She dazzled in it and the other (similar) girl's boyfriend mistook her for the other girl and it was awkward and embarrassing and charming all at the same time. She had to go.

by Anonymousreply 539November 19, 2022 4:45 AM

OK DL Sleuths, it's time for someone to say what the most likely explanation is. It seems like in all the past cases, the most likely explanation was the solution.

I have now a most likely explanation, but won't say it yet.

by Anonymousreply 540November 19, 2022 5:08 AM

Good thing those attic girls kept the floor of their attic locked. The killer could’ve easily climbed up there.

by Anonymousreply 541November 19, 2022 5:13 AM

I think they all stabbed themselves just to fuck with us all.

by Anonymousreply 542November 19, 2022 5:16 AM

People who tease are attention seekers. This forms in early childhood when...oh i can't say just yet.

by Anonymousreply 543November 19, 2022 5:20 AM

I guess it's not important but it seems a little weird that the bf/gf who were kiled only stayed at that frat party from 8 to 9. Did something happen that made them leave early? Why bother even going to a party if you're planning to stay for one drink and then leaving? When I was that age, I went to parties to get smashed.

Also, a good Mormon boy spending the night with his girlfriend? Quelle horreur!! and it was.

So there was the 9pm to 2am time period that somebody who came up with the idea at that frat party is enough time. More likely than seeing the girls at the bar, following them to the truck thing (where there were cameras) and then jumping in your car or running to chase the uber down... and that you'd just happen to have your knife handy and a plan made. Oh I don't know - I suck at this. I should join the Moscow local police lol.

by Anonymousreply 544November 19, 2022 6:23 AM

Has it been established that anyone is Mormon?

by Anonymousreply 545November 19, 2022 6:35 AM

No I just like to pick on Mormons.

by Anonymousreply 546November 19, 2022 6:52 AM

I'm thinking we need to know who drove the two ladies home that night. It feels like they trusted someone who c then came in and murdered all four.

by Anonymousreply 547November 19, 2022 7:02 AM

Cops hunting killer of four Idaho students say two of the victims were given ride home from food truck by mystery 'private party': Man spotted near them and surviving housemates AREN'T suspects

by Anonymousreply 548November 19, 2022 7:08 AM

Police in Idaho are hunting for the person who gave two of the four murdered students a ride home shortly before they were killed, as they announced they had ruled out as suspects the students' housemates and a man seen loitering behind them at a food truck.

There remains no suspect in the killings of the three women and one man in the early hours of Sunday, and the murder weapon - believed to be a knife - has yet to be recovered.

by Anonymousreply 549November 19, 2022 7:09 AM

Kaylee Goncalves, 21, and her best friend since 6th grade, Madison Mogen, 21, were found dead in the home along with Xana Kernodle, 20, and her boyfriend Ethan Chapin, also 20. Chapin did not live in the house, with cops saying they believe the four were knifed as they slept.

by Anonymousreply 550November 19, 2022 7:09 AM

Police were called at noon on Sunday to reports of an 'unconscious person'.

The roommates were not the 911 callers, said Aaron Snell, spokesman for Idaho State Police. The 911 caller's identity has not been released.

'At this time in the investigation, detectives do not believe the two surviving roommates or the male in the Grub Truck surveillance video are involved in this crime,' the police said in a statement.

'Additionally, online reports of the victims being tied and gagged are not accurate.

'The identity of the 911 caller has not been released.'

by Anonymousreply 551November 19, 2022 7:10 AM

'As part of the investigation, detectives seized the contents of three dumpsters on King Road to locate possible evidence,' the police said.

'Additionally, detectives have contacted local businesses to determine if a fixed-blade knife had been recently purchased.'

With the families of the victims growing frustrated, and University of Idaho students increasingly fearful, Moscow police said they were wading through all the evidence and tips.

'At the time of this release, detectives have received nearly 500 tips which are being processed, investigated, and cleared,' they said.

'Thirty-eight interviews have been conducted with individuals who may have information about the murders.'

by Anonymousreply 552November 19, 2022 7:11 AM

[quote]Why bother even going to a party if you're planning to stay for one drink and then leaving?

Who says they planned it? Maybe the party was a bust and they just left. In college I lived above these guys who would spend all day making mixtapes and planning and then the party was always over by midnight, everyone had moved on to another better party.

by Anonymousreply 553November 19, 2022 8:47 AM

[quote]Police in Idaho are hunting for the person who gave two of the four murdered students a ride home shortly before they were killed

This is the update they made earlier tonight where they said the two girls did NOT take an Uber, correct? One of their sisters said the girls took an Uber home from the food truck and that she'd tracked that Uber driver down. Now it turns out that the girls didn't even take an Uber, so what the fuck was that sister even talking about? She's been talking a lot about the murders, what else was she wrong or lying about?

by Anonymousreply 554November 19, 2022 8:50 AM

r540, I think it's going to end up being some psycho they only slightly knew from class or a frat or something, who maybe got obsessed with their social media but rarely interacted with them in person. Whoever it was didn't realize there were two other girls in the other half of the house, so I don't think it was a friend.

Alternately, it was the landlord.

by Anonymousreply 555November 19, 2022 8:57 AM

they definitely know this person. they made fun of this person 100% and humiliated him/her. that is my guess.

by Anonymousreply 556November 19, 2022 9:00 AM

Could have been someone in the neighborhood with a grudge against the roommates or the household setup. It was described as a "party house" in various articles. Perhaps some neighbor had been pissed off for some time by all the noise or all the ruckus and had deep resentment and had been planning to kill them. In those college neighborhoods, noise complaints, parking problems, trespassing carry deep resentments among people trying to sleep through the night. A quiet person trespassed against too often might become dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 557November 19, 2022 9:15 AM

If it was a "party house," a previous guest, someone who had been in the house before, could have decided to come back and kill them. Perhaps due to jealousy, obsession, or curiosity. Maybe they were looking for something in the house that was or wasn't there--money, drugs, or even a person.

by Anonymousreply 558November 19, 2022 9:18 AM

The murderer might have wanted everyone dead to give them time to search the house for something. But the murderer didn't know about the attic girls.

by Anonymousreply 559November 19, 2022 9:19 AM

Could have been a religious nutcase triggered by a male sleeping in a house full of girls.

by Anonymousreply 560November 19, 2022 9:19 AM

Could have also been an ex of one of the girls--an ex triggered by a male spending the night.

by Anonymousreply 561November 19, 2022 9:20 AM

All those murdered were in the 2nd floor bedrooms. The third floor contained the attic girl bedrooms. No bodies on the first floor. I wonder if that is significant.

by Anonymousreply 562November 19, 2022 9:22 AM

[quote] Do we have to call them "attic" girls? The insinuation is too apparent to ignore now, they are not as pretty as the blonde girls downstairs, the pretty blondes were having fun with guys in the the living room and in their spacious bedrooms, while those two stuffed in the attic alone by themselves and it's the weekend...

Were the attic girls lesbians?

Why were they sleeping together in the attic, with the door locked?

They sound very suspicious.

by Anonymousreply 563November 19, 2022 10:19 AM

I cannot believe the last 18 or so messages are serious.

by Anonymousreply 564November 19, 2022 10:55 AM

[Quote]Where is Gale Weathers when we need her?

She's at r273.

by Anonymousreply 565November 19, 2022 11:03 AM

Has anyone interrogated the Criminology majors yet, this may just be an end of the semester special project? And if none of them seems suspicious perhaps those young Hardy boys and Drew women might be helpful looking for clues and can get extra credits if they figure out who did it.

by Anonymousreply 566November 19, 2022 11:06 AM

The bright side here is that the victims won't have to spend any more time in Idaho.

by Anonymousreply 567November 19, 2022 11:15 AM

Buck never would have gone to college in Idaho.

by Anonymousreply 568November 19, 2022 11:42 AM

The 911 caller reported someone “unconscious”. If all the bodies were in bedrooms on the 2nd floor, how did he see it from outside the house? Until now it was thought that he looked in a window.

by Anonymousreply 569November 19, 2022 11:48 AM

The murdered students were on the 2nd and third floor. The other 2 girls were in locked basement bedrooms. They had slept in after partying thus the late 911 call at noon. Police feel this was a targeted attack. And the front door had been left open after the killer left. The students were said to be sleeping but there were some defensive wounds on 2 of the students.

by Anonymousreply 570November 19, 2022 11:49 AM

Up above (somewhere) it was recently indicated that the two girls who were filmed buying the carbonara went home by Lyft. That sort of rules out a rando from that evening deciding to "follow" them and kill them on the spur of the moment, right? It had to be somebody who at least knew where they lived already.

by Anonymousreply 571November 19, 2022 11:50 AM

Were the surviving girls in the basement or the attic? I'm confused.

by Anonymousreply 572November 19, 2022 11:52 AM

The basement has NOTHING to do with this. Don't start that.

by Anonymousreply 573November 19, 2022 11:54 AM

R572, they had separate bedrooms on the third floor.

by Anonymousreply 574November 19, 2022 11:59 AM

Reading further, it appears that the police statement about Lyft being involved was contradicted by someone who seems to think otherwise, so maybe that is incorrect. -R571

by Anonymousreply 575November 19, 2022 12:00 PM

The police themselves said that the girls didn't take an Uber or Lyft, r575.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576November 19, 2022 12:04 PM

The two girls weren't technically in the basement. The house is split in half, with one half having a first and second floor, and the other half being the second and third floors.

The murderer entered through the sliding doors to the second floor and moved up to the third floor. I imagine he didn't realize there was a lower first floor in the house, which is why those girls were left alone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577November 19, 2022 12:06 PM

^Looks like a fairly long hike home, to be making at 2 a.m. after being out all night. And your carbonara is going to be MIGHTY cold when you get it home. Maybe they scarfed it down right there on the sidewalk.

by Anonymousreply 578November 19, 2022 12:09 PM

The killer had to walk up a hill and past many houses before they got to the party house. That's why the police think it's targeted. Plus the killer had to go around the back of the house to get in the sliding back door.

by Anonymousreply 579November 19, 2022 12:16 PM

They didn't walk home, they were driven home by someone, but it was a private person and not an Uber or Lyft. The police are still looking for the person who drove them home.

by Anonymousreply 580November 19, 2022 12:18 PM

[quote]The police are still looking for the person who drove them home.

So someone drove these girls home just hours before they were slaughtered in their sleep, and has not come forward yet to the police? That's very suspicious in itself.

by Anonymousreply 581November 19, 2022 12:23 PM

Jeezuz. There seems to have been a Reddit invasion starting before but especially around r549 r550 and whoever keeps pasting pieces of articles that that have already been posted much earlier. Dont you mama-bears have cubs or precious mini-yous that need attending to?

by Anonymousreply 582November 19, 2022 12:38 PM

Source r580? Articles posted already state it was an Uber.

by Anonymousreply 583November 19, 2022 12:40 PM

THE SOURCE IS THE GODDAMNED POLICE. It's in r576.

Jeez, this is as bad as Reddit.

by Anonymousreply 584November 19, 2022 12:53 PM

Fun Fact; Bundy's birthday is on Thanksgiving this year.

by Anonymousreply 585November 19, 2022 1:01 PM

[quote]Jeezuz. There seems to have been a Reddit invasion starting before but especially around r549 r550 and whoever keeps pasting pieces of articles that that have already been posted much earlier.

People don't click on links on DL, genius. You have to post the information here on the thread or else no one will know about it. Even then, only about half of the people on these threads will actually read what is posted.

If these really were people from Reddit then they'd actually know stuff about the case, and not need it repeated 10 times. The people you're inexplicably bitching about are actually doing DL right, unlike you, who posts something from DM without any explanation about what it is, then posts 25 cunty replies about it, sad because people didn't read your link and hail you as a hero.

by Anonymousreply 586November 19, 2022 1:03 PM

R584 capital letters is yelling and considered uncouth here. People on datalounge get their points across without needing to do so. But you wouldn’t know that would you - being here from Reddit. You give yourself away. Usually people like you end up being thread killers.

by Anonymousreply 587November 19, 2022 1:26 PM

Oh of course 584 and r586 are the same person. Thread killer from Reddit.

by Anonymousreply 588November 19, 2022 1:28 PM

Haha even the Reddit crowd doesn’t like r584 and r586 (among others of her posts). She’s the one whining here about how they downvote her immediately there on subreddits about this topic 😂.

by Anonymousreply 589November 19, 2022 1:33 PM

Thank you R574

by Anonymousreply 590November 19, 2022 1:35 PM

R578 That's what I would have done.

by Anonymousreply 591November 19, 2022 1:38 PM

I thought the house had six bedrooms. If the boyfriend stayed over and didn't live there, that leaves one bedroom/person unaccounted for, right?

by Anonymousreply 592November 19, 2022 1:49 PM

In college we used to have a saying, it’s either men or food by midnight. These girls knew they weren’t hooking up by 12 and went looking for food. These kids don’t appreciate all the late night food resources and sources they have these days. No way were we getting carbonara at 1:30 AM in a small college town back in the ‘80! We were lucky enough to get Sheetz dogs of 7/11 tunafish sandwiches at that hour. They may have been unlucky at living, but at least they got a great last meal.

by Anonymousreply 593November 19, 2022 1:53 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594November 19, 2022 2:11 PM

The sister sure is talking to media/social media a lot. I saw an interview with her and she didn't even seem upset and it had just happened.

by Anonymousreply 595November 19, 2022 2:15 PM

This sister seems to be spreading wildly inaccurate information about a quadruple homicide. She even managed to derail a big portion of this thread. She's actively fucking this investigation up, bigtime.

by Anonymousreply 596November 19, 2022 2:40 PM

The sister is a "design procurement specialist" (i.e., she works in an odd area of sales). She has time on her hands.

They went to the frat party briefly because it's the polite thing to do if you're in the frat. He probably knew it would be a sausage fest or otherwise lame and he was looking forward to fucking Xana later on.

by Anonymousreply 597November 19, 2022 3:13 PM

The sister is clearly of her generation and this moment. She probably doesn't even recognize that she's so used to the social media landscape and how people get attention to acknowledge that beyond actually wanting to "help," she loves the attention to her this has enabled, thus she keeps blabbing. Plus, she's "thrilled" by the overall energy of the incident and the fact that she's "involved" by proxy

I don't think anything she's doing is driven by directly bad intentions. When things die down and people start forgetting this incident and stop talking about it, she'll truly face her horrendous grief and feel like shit. Her blabbing and getting attention is sustaining her right now.

by Anonymousreply 598November 19, 2022 3:13 PM

“At 2:26 a.m. Kaylee starts to call Jack. Kaylee calls Jack six times between 2:26 a.m. to 2:44 a.m., from 2:44 to 2:52 Maddie calls Jack three times, then Kaylee makes a final call to him at 2:52 a.m. And they are both never heard from again,” she says"

Well, the phone calls can only be about/mean one thing, right?

by Anonymousreply 599November 19, 2022 3:19 PM

Heather! How many networks did you run to?!

by Anonymousreply 600November 19, 2022 3:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!