Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Interview With The Vampire 2022: The Series (Part II)

The other thread is paywalled.

And there's a lot more to talk about.

by Anonymousreply 76October 13, 2023 1:06 PM

I was hesitant at first but ended up loving Lestat the most.

by Anonymousreply 1November 13, 2022 3:37 PM

Sam Reid looks 100x sexier with the long hair.

He looks quite average with short hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 13, 2022 3:42 PM

So much better with long hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 13, 2022 3:50 PM

How in the hell did Sam get his body to look like this?

It's incredible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4November 13, 2022 4:33 PM

Can we just revel in Sam's luscious pubes for a second, please???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 13, 2022 4:48 PM

I had no idea that tonight is the season finale.

by Anonymousreply 6November 13, 2022 9:15 PM

Did they kill off Claudia?

by Anonymousreply 7November 14, 2022 2:46 AM

The journalist has been growing on me. He's got good presence, very hardboiled detective. Lowkey one of the sexier guys imo.

by Anonymousreply 8November 14, 2022 3:22 AM

R8 he reminds me of Joe Mantello from AHS New York City.

Same gruff demeanor and look.

by Anonymousreply 9November 14, 2022 4:41 AM

Overall, AMAZING first season... blew my low LOW expectations out of the water.

But still, the aging up of Claudia was NOT IT. And it really lessened the impact it had when she successfully beat Lestat in the finale. Also, the casting for Armand was a strange choice as well, and I'm not 100% sold on it yet, though I did enjoy the reveal. But still, it was slightly more palatable than the Claudia casting.

by Anonymousreply 10November 14, 2022 4:50 AM

For anyone who knows the books, were Louis and Armand ever a real couple like in the finale? I only read the first.

by Anonymousreply 11November 14, 2022 4:58 AM

Wow.

That finale was like a beautiful opera.

So grand, with highs and lows, and full of surprises.

This whole season was spectacular!

by Anonymousreply 12November 14, 2022 6:19 AM

I haven’t seen the finale yet but I’ve enjoyed the show much more since Claudia joined. I thought there were 3 or 4 more eps but am actually happy it’s not dragging out more than this.

by Anonymousreply 13November 14, 2022 6:26 AM

R13, it was absolutely gorgeous.

There was a fabulous Mardi Gras ball, and beautiful costumes.

I think that this show needs to win an Emmy for costumes, because it's on the level of a feature film.

AMC must have shelled out a ton of money for this series.

My favorite scene was Lestat and Louis dancing together in the middle of the ballroom floor, sharing a kiss, and then everyone gasping and whispering. It was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 14November 14, 2022 6:31 AM

The twins are cute, and they really are twins.

Matthew Dennis Lewis and Russell Dennis Lewis

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 14, 2022 9:13 AM

I don't care what you all think of Bailey Bass, I think she's amazing.

So talented for a 19 year old girl, born in 2003.

She definitely held her own in this series, against much older veteran actors.

And I think she's quite beautiful, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16November 14, 2022 9:22 AM

To me older Claudia worked, because it made the whole scheming of her more believable.

IF they wanted to keep Claudia's age closer to the source material, they should've cast Marta Kessler who is a hilariously cunty on Disney's The Mysterious Benedict Society. But that would have made some of the more adult themes more complicated and problematic with an actual teenager playing the character.

by Anonymousreply 17November 14, 2022 9:45 AM

R7 Unfortunately not.

by Anonymousreply 18November 14, 2022 9:47 AM

Loved it. Very different from the books, but the changes weren't done for their own sake, they were integrated well into the story, even elevating it in parts.

Reid and Anderson are both very hot, although Reid really outshone everyone else in this. Very sexy and charming, enough to make the audience gloss over his character's negative personality traits.

Bogosian as Daniel also enriched the show, allowing us reflect on and snark about the story. I'm also not completely sold on this show's version of Armand, but I like the actor.

by Anonymousreply 19November 14, 2022 9:59 AM

I can't remember much from the books. I read them so long ago. Rice was clearly a influenced by her time in the Castro district.

by Anonymousreply 20November 14, 2022 10:05 AM

So is Armand really the love of Louis' life?

Or was he just a convenient distraction from Lestat?

Because I think that Louis and Lestat seemed to be much more in love than Louis and Armand.

And is Louis still a bottom? This version of Armand doesn't strike me as a top, the way that Lestat did.

Sam Reid's Lestat is a total alpha male. This Armand is too fey.

by Anonymousreply 21November 14, 2022 1:34 PM

The actor who played Thomas "Tom" Anderson is very hot.

His name is Chris Stack, and he's damned sexy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22November 14, 2022 1:38 PM

[quote] So is Armand really the love of Louis' life?

My impression was that Louis is deluding himself. There are a lot of subtle hints, such as the carefully removed pages from Claudia's diary (where she talks about how mad she was about Louis being unable to kill Lestat), that Armand might have been manipulating Louis to think he loves him.

But I'm sure that, as soon as Lestat returns, Louis will lift his caftan and eagerly present hole to him.

by Anonymousreply 23November 14, 2022 2:33 PM

Lestat's death scene was so gory.

And kind of sad, in a way.

That Claudia is a mean bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24November 14, 2022 3:41 PM

The ending scene of the season was fantastic.

There were a few things I didn't understand here, but I did find it funny how unconvincing Louis was, when he called Armand "the love of my life."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 14, 2022 3:48 PM

Fire on Fire

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 14, 2022 4:08 PM

I want to see the shit hit the fan when Lestat comes back and tries to get together with Louis again.

How will Armand respond???

That was never addressed in the movie.

by Anonymousreply 27November 15, 2022 1:34 AM

R4 It is INSANE how amazing Sam's body is. He has to be on some kind of strict regimen wouldn't you think ? Diet. Exercise. Jacob has a great body also but Sam is just....wow.

by Anonymousreply 28November 15, 2022 11:18 PM

It can't be easy to remain in shape he is. He looks bigger in Google pics before iwtv. A lot of actors who get into insane shape for movies/shows talk about how they basically starve themselves to keep their 6 packs, body, etc.

by Anonymousreply 29November 18, 2022 1:46 AM

That's what I was thinking, R29.

It can't be healthy to starve yourself to get to that point of physicality.

Although it looks amazing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30November 18, 2022 1:48 AM

Who is this with Sam?

They look cute together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31November 18, 2022 2:32 AM

r31, that's actor douglas booth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32November 18, 2022 2:34 AM

R30 I doubt he's naturally this tiny. Filming has been over for months and he's still thin. It's noticeable in a bts video of him and Jacob. Maybe now the poor guy can eat until next season begins filming. Good grief.

by Anonymousreply 33November 18, 2022 3:05 AM

I think men look better with a little more padding.

by Anonymousreply 34November 19, 2022 12:38 AM

Sam Reid and Jacob Anderson talk about their chemistry with each other.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35November 19, 2022 6:09 PM

Watching that video at R35 just made me smile.

The way that Jacob looks at Sam when he talks, is just fascinating.

Jacob just stares at him, like he's in love. But Jacob is married to a woman! Lol

Their chemistry is really great.

by Anonymousreply 36November 19, 2022 6:34 PM

Promo tours require as much acting from the actors as filming the scenes. Like you're not super annoyed by answering the same questions over and over again or act like you became super close with everybody at this project, like you got super close and friendly with the project before that and so on.

by Anonymousreply 37November 19, 2022 7:08 PM

R34 Agreed. Lestat is a bit too thin for my tastes on the show. But bravo to him. He's a great actor. He had a bit part on Hatfields and McCoys and his American old timey western accenr was great.

by Anonymousreply 38November 19, 2022 9:11 PM

**accent

by Anonymousreply 39November 19, 2022 9:11 PM

He's captivating on screen no matter who he's playing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40November 19, 2022 9:12 PM

Before you start speculating about Jacob and Sam, just know that Sam Reid has a long time girlfriend back in Australia.

by Anonymousreply 41November 20, 2022 9:48 AM

R41 I think they have great chemistry and they seem to get along great in interviews. That doesn't mean I think they're fucking. They are both apparently straight. I think Jacob has a little man crush on Sam though, maybe he looks up to him.

by Anonymousreply 42November 20, 2022 9:54 AM

Reid's "longtime girlfriend" is actually his longtime fag hag before he landed this project and bearded up with her for Hollywood purposes, but okay. Whatever, both of their performances are so delightful, it's much more interesting to talk about the characters than the actors anyway. And the writing of course, which is mostly what turned it into one of the best new shows of '22.

by Anonymousreply 43November 20, 2022 9:59 AM

R43 Do gays and fag hags adopt and raise dogs together?

by Anonymousreply 44November 20, 2022 10:07 AM

R42 I mean this is Datalounge so we're here to gossip. I don't mind the speculation anyway. Just wanted to add that he has a gf. That doesn't mean he can't cheat on her.

by Anonymousreply 45November 20, 2022 10:09 AM

The way Jacob looks at Sam...his eyes light up. You can really tell their chemistry goes beyond the screen and that they've formed a true and unbreakable bond- much like Louis and Lestat. I'm sure this made their love scenes a breeze. The scene of Louis sucking on Lestat's finger...... Jesus. That itself is hotter than most mainstreaming gay sex or kiss scenes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46November 20, 2022 2:30 PM

R42 I can totally see Jacob having a man crush on Sam! The way he hones in when he's talking and the way he looks at him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47November 20, 2022 2:39 PM

They seem to be very good friends

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48November 21, 2022 1:21 AM

Lol R48.

I love that.

Jacob got married young. He's only 32.

Maybe he's just discovering that he might be into guys? If it's the right guy.

In Sam's case, I would believe he has a beard.

If that's true, then maybe he and Jacob really do have a connection.

by Anonymousreply 49November 21, 2022 2:47 AM

They really get on well it looks like. They've formed a true bond.

by Anonymousreply 50November 21, 2022 6:36 PM

At first I was reluctant to start this series 7 weeks ago, as I never read the book (never was an Anne Rice fan) and vaguely recall the Cruise / Pitt movie from 20 years ago which put me to sleep. But I comitted to the first episode and was completely 'wowed' - and left it on my DVR recording schedule.

I have enjoyed this series more than anything else this year. The acting - especially by Sam Reid - was superb. If he doesn't get an Emmy for his role, never mind a nomination, then you know the television academy is seriously fucked up. Jacob was excellent in the role as well, but Reid did outdo him (but I wouldn't mind Jacob getting a nom or an award, just would hate to see them compete against each other).

The costumes, the writing, the direction - Emmys for all. It was one outstanding series and I can not wait for Season 2 to start. In the meantime, I may have to watch S1 over again a few more times.

(And thank you Sam, for showing us the top of your bush!)

by Anonymousreply 51December 1, 2022 2:44 PM

I read all the Rice Vampire books (100 yrs ago), What I remember is that "Armand was turned into a vampire" by Marius when he was 18 or 19 yrs old. Armand is supposed to be very young looking and HOTT. he supposed to be an innocent looking,sexy Killer. This Armand looks like a weirdo. Hopefully they will fix the problem. In the books, Armand is the one who turns Young Daniel into a Vampire...not sure what is gonna happen but I like this "Daniel twist", He is very grounded, a good character. Claudia is AWESOME as always.

by Anonymousreply 52December 1, 2022 3:33 PM

The actor playing Armand is incredibly sexy, you're just an old racist, that's all.

by Anonymousreply 53December 1, 2022 4:07 PM

No, he is not and you know it!! I am 61 yrs old, and I do keep an open mind.

He looks like RAMI MALEK with eyes wide open-semi curly hair. trying to act scary. Open your mind, OP. re-read Queen of the Damnrd& The Vampire Armand!

by Anonymousreply 54December 1, 2022 6:18 PM

I love the romantic Louis and Lestat scenes but the Claudia vs. Lestat scenes are good too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55December 3, 2022 5:52 AM

Just finished the season. FANTASTIC!!

I didn't realize that Jacob played the eunuch soldier on Game of Thrones!

My partner says however that this departs alot from the book

by Anonymousreply 56December 21, 2022 3:19 PM

Bailey Bass is playing "Tsireya" in the new Avatar movie.

Looks like she's a hot commodity right now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57December 22, 2022 10:23 PM

Beloved homosexualist Ben Daniels joins the cast for the second season.

[quote]Daniels plays Santiago, the leading vamp thespian of the Theatre des Vampires who grows increasingly suspicious of the American vampires Louis and Claudia.

He's also in the second season of Foundation, opposite Lee Pace. Missed that bit of news completely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58March 15, 2023 8:36 PM

R52 Armand seems like a cursed character in terms of adaptation, in that none of the adaptations have got him right according to Rice's canon. Not the IWTV vampire, not this series, not the musical Lestat. It's like we can't as a society portray him as written.

That said, I personally prefer and appreciate the version the movie gave us. It's all wrong, but it works so perfectly and steals the show, so you don't even care. I'd be happy to retcon the character or throw out the canon for affable middleaged Banderas vamp.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59March 15, 2023 10:28 PM

^tbh I also prefer Daniel Molloy to be younger like he was in the movie. This old dude in the series is so annoying.

How do they film some of the tamer sucking scenes without getting heated IRL, btw? The neck is a very erogenous zone for a lot of people, and this kind of action is like kissing but more intimate, I imagine. I know it's not sexy filming anything on a cold set with a bored tired camera crew all watching and waiting, but still, if someone touches my carotid with their mouth I'm feeling it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60March 15, 2023 10:30 PM

I love the Daniel in this show. His lines are all so piercing, direct, sober... Perfect for an older man who's dying of cancer, he has no time for anyone's nonsense anymore.

by Anonymousreply 61March 15, 2023 10:37 PM

Armand playing Louis’ servant and calling him a god makes no sense. Armand is a much older, more powerful vampire then Louis

by Anonymousreply 62March 15, 2023 10:41 PM

Was that not a spiel he did just for Daniel?

by Anonymousreply 63March 15, 2023 10:45 PM

R40 omfg I completely forgot Sam Reid played the gun-toting bigoted McCoy brother in 'Hatfields & McCoys'.

I *loved* that show, more than this one tbh--the flagship example of what HBO/History Channel money & quality can do when put to good use with a good script under capable crewmanship. For several years I rewatched the boxset DVDs I had a few times annually.

Matt Barr was at his most beautiful and delicate playing Johnse Hatfield in it. And Costner was very Daddy playing patriarch Devil Anse to the hilt. Mare Winningham & Bill Pullman as Sally & Ran'l McCoy respectively put in their finest Emmy quality performances.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64March 15, 2023 10:52 PM

^ugh ofc I meant Bill PAXTON, sorry. Everyone gets them mixed up.

by Anonymousreply 65March 15, 2023 10:52 PM

favorite sex act is called the 169 where two people engage in reciprocal oral sex and a 3rd person off to the side on the same bed as them lays perfectly still arms across their chest like a vampire and gets a wonderful beautiful deathnap

by Anonymousreply 66March 16, 2023 2:19 AM

Isn't Armand super young looking since he turned into a vampire as a teen? There's probably an issue with him being lusted over by adult men when he looks like a minor that producers don't want to risk.

by Anonymousreply 67March 16, 2023 10:50 AM

Is Sam Reid is in closet yet?

by Anonymousreply 68March 16, 2023 9:19 PM

R68 He has a girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 69March 18, 2023 2:27 PM

I am an expert.... they all have girlfriends. No one them ever suck cock-swallow nutt!!

by Anonymousreply 70March 18, 2023 3:40 PM

It's supposed to be "Not one of them ever suck cock-swallow nutt"

by Anonymousreply 71March 18, 2023 3:51 PM

Third show in the works.

[quote]The potential show would focus on the secretive Talamasca organization featured in several of Rice’s novels and introduced on screen via the Mayfair Witches character Ciprien Grieve, played by Tongayi Chirisa.

Who asked for this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72April 19, 2023 11:56 AM

Clearly it's supposed to be a Marvel and DC type of franchise with the leading characters forming an alliance or league at some point.

by Anonymousreply 73April 19, 2023 12:01 PM

Yes, I left out that part of the quote, they're calling it "Anne Rice Immortal Universe" which I admit sounds pretty cool. I guess the Talamasca stuff could be interesting, I just hope the showrunner can make it more Interview and less Mayfair Witches. Not optimistic at all.

by Anonymousreply 74April 19, 2023 12:08 PM

Out of boredom, I checked out the Mayfair Witches show. I love Frau shows, and it seemed pleasant enough, but when it originally aired I watched the first episode and kind of forgot about it. Beth Grant is, as usual, the best thing in pretty much any show or movie she does. Harry Hamlin is surprisingly good as well. Daddario, I don't know, she's kind of meh for me. She's more like sucking all the energy out of the room than giving a noteworthy performance, and she's just there going through the motions and there doesn't seem to be any purpose, thought or passion behind her performance. People die around her, and all she does is open her eyes even wider and maybe cry or scream a little bit. But her eyes don't really tell a story or show emotion (contact lenses, there).

by Anonymousreply 75April 19, 2023 12:33 PM

A scene from the second season, with Ben Daniels, new Claudia, plus Louis and Armand flirting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76October 13, 2023 1:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!