Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Reese Witherspoon rumored to leave another husband in the dust!

Reese Witherspoon and husband Jim Toth have reportedly been living “separate lives” as friends are growing increasingly more concerned about the future of their relationship. The couple recently celebrated their 11th wedding anniversary (wow, has it really been that long?!) but those close to them reportedly fear that they are drifting apart due to their very different lifestyles!

The 46-year-old Big Little Lies actress reportedly has a very busy schedule filled with both work and family commitments, while the 52-year-old Hollywood talent agent, according to a source who spoke to RadarOnline, “prefers a quieter existence,” and to remain out of the spotlight, which is why we don’t see them make as many red carpet appearances together as we would like. The insider claimed that Toth “likes to escape the noise,” adding, “The hecticness that surrounds Reese is a lot and sometimes too much to handle.” Yikes!

“Jim is hardly ever with her and it wasn’t always like that,” the source added. “Friends are worried that they’ve stopped putting the work in,” they continued, before going on to say that they can sometimes go days without talking, and when they do, it’s “usually about their son,” in reference to ten-year-old son Tennessee James Toth. A second source said that if the Oscar-winning actress does “free up time for him” in her busy schedule, “he disappears off to hang with his buddies.” They added: “There have definitely been – and are – issues in their marriage.”

This news might not come as a huge shock to those who know Reese and Jim, as there has reportedly been trouble in paradise for quite some time. Back in June, an unnamed insider told Us Weekly that the couple were living separate lives, but were putting on brave faces for the sake of their son. But even when they *were* together, they weren’t “very affectionate with each other.”

"They present as very cold and business-like," the source continued. "The passion is non-existent and they are living very separate lives. They’re a business partnership as much as a couple, and that’s why they’re so careful about their image right now." The source added that Reese's obsession with perfectionism hasn’t helped either. "She expects the best from everyone around her," they added. "It’s made her rich and famous. And people do take her seriously, but it can be exhausting to be around Jim."

The source also added that the Little Fires Everywhere star may not have been in a hurry to end things with Jim because of how great he is as a father, and also how he allegedly helps to improve her image. "Jim is a very hands-on dad to their son, and that’s really allowed Reese to take Hello Sunshine to the next level," the insider shared, in reference to Reese's production company. "Plus, Jim makes Reese more likable. People can relax around him, which has never really been the case when it’s just Reese on her own. She can be incredibly sharp and intimidating – and Jim softens her edges a lot."

Reese and Jim met at a mutual friend's house at the beginning of 2010, shortly after breaking up with Jake Gyllenhaal, and got engaged to him less than a year later. They tied the knot in 2011 at Reese's ranch in Ojai, California and had their first child together in September 2012. (Reese also has two children with first husband Ryan Phillipe – 23-year-old daughter Ava and 19-year-old son Deacon. Reese and Ryan got married in 1999 and finalized their divorce in 2008.)

Although the pair have mostly kept their relationship out of the spotlight, there were a few standout moments during their marriage. In 2016, the Morning Show actress credited her husband with inspiring her to create Hello Sunshine, telling Harper's Bazaar at the time that he told her: "You should produce movies. You read more books than anybody I know. You should just buy some of them and turn them into films."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186April 9, 2023 12:15 AM

I forgot about her and Gyllenhaal.

There's a lot of shade for Witherspoon in the article.

Meanwhile, she's one of those performers whom I love to watch, but I'm sure is a nightmare in real life. But I have trouble believing that any man who gets involved with her, doesn't know what he's getting into.

Stick your dick in crazy and you have pre-existing crazy dick problems.

Don't blame the vagina or other holes.

by Anonymousreply 1November 11, 2022 3:57 AM

That article sure made sure to mention he inspired her billion dollar venture after ten years in California...

by Anonymousreply 2November 11, 2022 4:24 AM

DOES HE KNOW WHO SHE IS?

by Anonymousreply 3November 11, 2022 4:31 AM

Who on earth could stand to be married to that bossy, Type A midget?

by Anonymousreply 4November 11, 2022 4:35 AM

I will always find it amusing that the second husband tried to get her to stfu immediately when she started sassing the cop. He knew exactly how that was going to play.

by Anonymousreply 5November 11, 2022 4:50 AM

She just can’t seem to keep a man, poor thing.

by Anonymousreply 6November 11, 2022 5:06 AM

So Reese isn't an alcoholic?

by Anonymousreply 7November 11, 2022 9:35 AM

SHE IS AN AMERICAN CITIZEN.

by Anonymousreply 8November 11, 2022 10:50 AM

Reese announced today that she and Jim Toth are divorcing after twelve years of marriage.

by Anonymousreply 9March 24, 2023 8:15 PM

“The movie star, 47, shared the news via her Instagram Friday afternoon - days before their 12th wedding anniversary.

'We have some personal news to share... It is with a great deal of care and consideration that we have made the difficult decision to divorce,' the mom of three wrote.”

by Anonymousreply 10March 24, 2023 8:17 PM

He's an agent at CAA. I'm shocked she's showing him the door.

by Anonymousreply 11March 24, 2023 8:18 PM

“You’re about to find out who I am”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12March 24, 2023 8:22 PM

They’re crazy. So your marriage is like a business arrangement these days?

THATS WHAT MARRIAGE IS, FOOLS.

Especially after 50.

They must really hate the sight of each other. Otherwise why not just ride it out, if they are friends? Friendship is hard to find.

by Anonymousreply 13March 24, 2023 8:23 PM

None of us have any idea what’s going on in their marriage.

by Anonymousreply 14March 24, 2023 8:25 PM

Men hate her but women love her.

by Anonymousreply 15March 24, 2023 8:27 PM

I doubt they're friends...

by Anonymousreply 16March 24, 2023 8:27 PM

Reese picks good looking guys. Better looking men that she is on the scale as a woman.

by Anonymousreply 17March 24, 2023 8:30 PM

I wonder if the next one is also going to outchin her.

by Anonymousreply 18March 24, 2023 8:31 PM

12 years in CA....she's going to have to pay him lifetime alimony unless they had some kind of pre nup and I'm guessing they did

by Anonymousreply 19March 24, 2023 8:34 PM

Good for her!

by Anonymousreply 20March 24, 2023 8:40 PM

She can't keep a man

by Anonymousreply 21March 24, 2023 8:41 PM

She seems like a real handful.

by Anonymousreply 22March 24, 2023 8:49 PM

Well OF COURSE they're leading separate lives!

That's what people who marry to be half of a Power Couple DO!

by Anonymousreply 23March 24, 2023 8:58 PM

She seems like she’d be insufferable and exasperating to live with/be around on a regular basis.

by Anonymousreply 24March 24, 2023 9:03 PM

The reason they're announcing is because one of them, probably Jim is about to get busted with another woman. Betcha. And the fact is, he resurrected her career bigtime...and also her drunk on his ass druggie ex husband who was virtually unemployable. Toth left CAA to get with Apple TV when it was in its infancy. He built it up and he made her viable again. She owes him a LOT. And yes she is an alcoholic and even when she is on the wagon she is a biting mean little rattlesnake.

by Anonymousreply 25March 24, 2023 9:29 PM

We did THAT, by giving her that Oscar. I'm so sorry, Jim.

by Anonymousreply 26March 24, 2023 9:29 PM

rumored, she made the announcement.

by Anonymousreply 27March 24, 2023 9:54 PM

rumored, she made the announcement.

by Anonymousreply 28March 24, 2023 9:54 PM

R27 a gentleman always lets the lady announce divorce. And honestly. Toth and Witherspoon knew one another very well, when he was a VP at CAA. He saw her through all the mess with Ryan, and some believe she was seeing Toth while she was bearding for Jake.

by Anonymousreply 29March 24, 2023 9:57 PM

Toth has never been married before.

by Anonymousreply 30March 24, 2023 9:58 PM

[quote] None of us have any idea what’s going on in their marriage.

The "separate lives" article came out in November, 2022. Today, the divorce was announced. I think people did have an "idea" of what was going on.

by Anonymousreply 31March 24, 2023 9:58 PM

The “announcement”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32March 24, 2023 10:01 PM

r32 I love the excited exclamation point!

by Anonymousreply 33March 24, 2023 10:10 PM

She's a fucking nightmare and she's always Tracy Flick from "Election" to me. Who wants to live with Tracy Flick?

by Anonymousreply 34March 24, 2023 10:13 PM

Is Jim as well hung as Ryan?

by Anonymousreply 35March 24, 2023 10:13 PM

I've never cared for her. She has an unlikeable, repellent personality that comes through even in her performances.

by Anonymousreply 36March 24, 2023 10:14 PM

R35, He might be.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37March 24, 2023 10:15 PM

Well they're both drunkards. It's not shocking they couldn't make it last.

by Anonymousreply 38March 24, 2023 10:15 PM

Toth was a big-time agent at CAA. He represented ScarJo, McConaughey, Downey, etc. He left CAA to head up Quibi for Katzenberg. Big mistake. Don't know what he's been doing since then. I assumed he was involved in all Witherspoon's production activities. Maybe not.

by Anonymousreply 39March 24, 2023 10:18 PM

OMG! It’s BREAKING NEWS in the UK

🙄

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40March 24, 2023 10:21 PM

r35 Ryan Phillippe is hung? Since when?

by Anonymousreply 41March 24, 2023 10:26 PM

I knew they were going to divorce the second I first heard they were getting married. Call it a hunch. But I knew. They never looked good together.

by Anonymousreply 42March 24, 2023 10:34 PM

[QUOTE]her drunk on his ass druggie ex husband who was virtually unemployable.

I'm so out of it. I hadn't heard this about Phillipe.

by Anonymousreply 43March 24, 2023 10:39 PM

Her reputation is for being mean as a snake. She's a good liberal, she supports women's rights and the Democrats. She makes an effort to be visible on that. Her politics are good and her personality sucks, this is often the case.

by Anonymousreply 44March 24, 2023 10:40 PM

Jim is going to be "very wealthy" after this divorce. He knows the business side of Hollywood(MONEY) If Jim signed a pre-nuptial agreement (he probably did), still an even split with what money they made since they got married .He cleaned up her reputation; made her likeable to people. After 10 years, it's payday Baby!!

by Anonymousreply 45March 24, 2023 10:57 PM

This is one of my favorite breathless thread titles of all time on DL!

by Anonymousreply 46March 24, 2023 11:00 PM

Jim appears to be channeling Alec Baldwin here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47March 25, 2023 12:28 AM

Reese will be fine, she'll cop it on the chin.

by Anonymousreply 48March 25, 2023 1:39 AM

Tanned,rested and ready.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49March 25, 2023 2:22 AM

YAY, Reese!

Work it gurl!

by Anonymousreply 50March 25, 2023 3:18 AM

12 year marriage? He'll make out like a bandit, prenup or not.

A source is already pushing the passionless, dead bedroom for years angle. One of them already has someone waiting in the wings.

by Anonymousreply 51March 25, 2023 4:10 AM

He always seemed like an insufferable douche, but she’s the female equivalent of one. Seemed like they deserved each other.

by Anonymousreply 52March 25, 2023 4:15 AM
by Anonymousreply 53March 25, 2023 4:35 AM

He has a reputation of being nice. Never heard he was a douche. He was a fixer at CAA, and he looked after hisclients.Reese got what she wanted out of him. Her career is back on track, and they have a kid. And BTW, he has money. She is driven and calculating. He is not nearly as driven. His style is low key. You watch. Hubby #3 is probably already picked out. He will be close to 60, and he will be extremely wealthy. And he will pamper her and let her do her thing. She's a big time producer now so she has made the transition from acting t o getting behind the camera. That is her insurance policy. She will stay in the game. And Toth will be there for her until his replacement is situated.

by Anonymousreply 54March 25, 2023 4:44 AM

Her new boyfriend is 61 and hawt. Think Brad Pitt or Sandra Bullock's husband, oops, I mean "boyfriend."

Did I mention he's a multi-billionaire?

Allegedly.

Toth's phone number is probably already deleted from her phone. He will only be able to contact her through attorneys.

I may have allegedly worked with Reese. No one f**ks with her. I loved working on that project because everyone was on HIGH ALERT, s**t got done ON TIME, and loathing around was not tolerated. And she gave me a great reference that got me a great job that I've been working for the past 4 years!

This is all a work of fiction. Don't sue me.

by Anonymousreply 55March 25, 2023 4:49 AM

R55 tell us more fiction!

by Anonymousreply 56March 25, 2023 5:09 AM

[Quote] I've never cared for her. She has an unlikeable, repellent personality that comes through even in her performances.

Which is why Reese was a good choice for Tracy Flick.

by Anonymousreply 57March 25, 2023 5:15 AM

Maybe Toth knocked someone (else) up. I hope so, I love mess!

by Anonymousreply 58March 25, 2023 5:15 AM

What is Toth’s story?

by Anonymousreply 59March 25, 2023 5:32 AM

Toth is from small town PA and recently started sporting a “derp” goatee.

None of which bodes well.

by Anonymousreply 60March 25, 2023 5:40 AM

He left a lucrative position at a prestigious talent agency to become an exec at a tech firm that folded after a few months. I’m surprised she stayed with him years after that debacle.

by Anonymousreply 61March 25, 2023 5:42 AM

Hope he bleeds this bitch dry and extracts every last penny.

by Anonymousreply 62March 25, 2023 5:44 AM

Let me guess:

Toth originally exuded the “strong, silent type” (read: working class, not west coast) vibes RW thought she wanted.

For whatever reason, she grew tired of this.

Not handsome enough? Blue collar facial hair? Not interesting enough?

by Anonymousreply 63March 25, 2023 5:49 AM

r37 He's certainly hung in the gut area.

by Anonymousreply 64March 25, 2023 6:35 AM

What are the chances Jim will marry again? Perhaps someone younger and more exotic?

by Anonymousreply 65March 25, 2023 6:37 AM

R65 He's easily going to find someone new. Her on the other hand... Who wants an annoying ass 50 yo woman with BPD?

by Anonymousreply 66March 25, 2023 6:40 AM

R66 I don't think Reese will have much trouble finding someone again. Maybe a few years younger too.

by Anonymousreply 67March 25, 2023 6:43 AM

She's rich as fuck, even by Hollywood standards. She'll be fine.

by Anonymousreply 68March 25, 2023 6:51 AM

Reese always seems like a big ol' lezzie to me.

by Anonymousreply 69March 25, 2023 6:58 AM

Her pronouns are me, me, me.

by Anonymousreply 70March 25, 2023 7:28 AM

They really didn't r42.

by Anonymousreply 71March 25, 2023 7:43 AM

This marriage ended long ago:

“The star announced her divorce Friday, just two days before her 12-year wedding anniversary, however she and Toth had not been seen in public together for months.

And insiders revealed to RadarOnline the couple would 'go days without interacting' in the lead up to their split, which some put down to the actress' hectic lifestyle. The duo, who shared son Tennessee, 10, would reportedly only speak to discuss their family, while Toth would consistently miss important events in her life. Friends of the actress revealed his behavior had been 'raising eyebrows' long before their split.

'Jim is hardly ever with her,' a source told the outlet. 'It's always like that'.”

by Anonymousreply 72March 25, 2023 12:10 PM

R66, you mean she has BDE?

by Anonymousreply 73March 25, 2023 12:18 PM

Reese isn't Bi polar. It's more like she is on the OCD spectrum.

by Anonymousreply 74March 25, 2023 1:57 PM

He will use his divorce $$$ to open an upscale Mrs Fields Cookies

by Anonymousreply 75March 25, 2023 4:17 PM

I agree that Reese wouldn't be leaving the marriage if hubby #3 wasn't lined up already. Women from her particular Southern deb background don't live their lives single.

by Anonymousreply 76March 25, 2023 4:24 PM

Well, cupcakes, it seems The DM is saying Jim changed a lot. Midlife crisis. Tattoos, goatee, dressing like someone half his age, acting "weird." (Euphemism for cheating?) They rarely saw one another and only communicated about their kid. Seems everything unraveled this past year. This is typical Reese getting ahead of the story, making sure she has the spin on it. A "Friend" also says they really like one another and he is just a kind person.

by Anonymousreply 77March 25, 2023 4:34 PM

In the Fail, they posted two articles saying she left him because he had a midlife crisis, and that she couldn’t deal with his new tattoos and chunky jewelry and dressing too young. What a cunt. You know her team put that out about him.

by Anonymousreply 78March 25, 2023 5:31 PM

If ever there was a BDF

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79March 25, 2023 6:35 PM

He looks sleazy in that pic R79

by Anonymousreply 80March 25, 2023 6:47 PM

He lost a lot of weight in R79's picture. I wonder.Does anyone else think maybe he is getting ready to come out? I would love it!!! She is his first wife. I think he was in his 40's when they got married. Anyone have any thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 81March 25, 2023 7:16 PM

He def looks gay in that pic but who knows

by Anonymousreply 82March 25, 2023 7:23 PM

He was a player at CAA for years. If he were gay we'd have heard something long before now.

Maybe he just got sick of her controlling shit and checked out a while ago.

by Anonymousreply 83March 25, 2023 7:26 PM

She's such an odd woman. She's genuinely talented as an actress, but she's also a great businesswoman. But she's also a Type-A bitch (which is a large part of how she got into Stanford, and why her performance as Tracy Flick is so great). She is not pretty, although she once had a great body.

by Anonymousreply 84March 25, 2023 7:36 PM

R84 I don’t think she’s THAT talented. She was great in Election, because she was playing a character not too far removed from herself. She was a young, pretty blonde who got lucky in the industry. Her Oscar for WTL was one of the worst choices ever in the lead actress category. Her near arrest video, when Toth basically told her to stfu, was the true Reese. I will give her props for branching out to producing, considering her future as an actress I believe is bleak.

by Anonymousreply 85March 25, 2023 7:57 PM

Reese is tough.She's a survivor. She knows there's a curse on actresses in their 40's aging out of the business and she is determined to defy the odds . She is finally gaining "friends" because she produces movies and she provides jobs. Laura Dern adores her.Jennifer Garner is a close friend so is Aniston. She's friends with Robert Downey Jr. and Matthew McConaughey and their families,wives, etc. She's got a pretty powerful network.

by Anonymousreply 86March 25, 2023 8:15 PM

He's just a merkin, right?

by Anonymousreply 87March 25, 2023 8:18 PM

Hollywood isn't going to change for Reese Witherchin. She's old. It's good that she's gone into producing, there is just no demand for actresses in their 40's 50's 60's and so on. She was smart to move over to television. There are still few roles for women of her age but more than there are in films.

by Anonymousreply 88March 25, 2023 8:24 PM

She can play mother roles and female executive roles. She looks ageless 40 something.

by Anonymousreply 89March 25, 2023 8:26 PM

I don’t understand all the DL hate for her. She’s smart, successful, controlling, drinks too much and a bitch. She sounds like your typical DLer. What’s not to love?

by Anonymousreply 90March 25, 2023 8:43 PM

Kevin Smith hates Reese and he's hated her for years. Openly calls her a cunt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91March 25, 2023 8:51 PM

Her husband looks like he prefers The Cock. (He's not half bad looking)

by Anonymousreply 92March 25, 2023 9:53 PM

McConaughey had a posse who hung around him and mooched off him. A couple of useless brothers he'd gone to UT with and a bunch of others who all tried and failed to succeed in the movies. Toth became friends with several of them. McConaughey seems to have cast them all off when he left LA to move to Austin several years ago. I guess he got tired of financially supporting them all. Maybe Toth filled the vacancy.

by Anonymousreply 93March 25, 2023 11:51 PM

[quote]I don’t understand all the DL hate for her. She’s smart, successful, controlling, drinks too much and a bitch. She sounds like your typical DLer. What’s not to love?

Because if she weren't an actress, she'd be heading the local PTA board while hosting Paint and Sip parties or weekly Scrapbooking sessions.

When did gays embrace such middle of the road mediocrity? Between this and the thread praising GOOP a week or two back. Or is the takeover by I Village almost complete?

by Anonymousreply 94March 26, 2023 12:02 AM

Reese is too driven to settle for anything that simple, R94. If she didn’t become an actress, she probably would’ve been a high-end realtor in Atlanta or something similarly high profile and well paid. If she married for money, it would be real money, not upper middle class suburbia.

by Anonymousreply 95March 26, 2023 12:18 AM

Toth is a powerful guy? You don’t get that high up by being a nice mellow dude. He has to have a dark side.

However, I don’t enjoy Reese. I don’t like being around those hyper Type A people. There are a few in my life who I dearly LOVE, but spending time around them is difficult. I’d never marry one.

by Anonymousreply 96March 26, 2023 12:47 AM

I have no idea what she's like as a person, but I respect the fuck out of realizing she was failing at shitty rom-coms and she changed lanes and built an empire. Moving into producing was the smartest thing she ever did, and especially not just focusing on projects for herself, ie Gone Girl. Margot Robbie is doing it too.

by Anonymousreply 97March 26, 2023 1:10 AM

I think he just has Ozempic Face in that pic, R81. He looked ok in some of the other ones going around. Not hot/hot but sort of doable.

by Anonymousreply 98March 26, 2023 1:32 AM

Hiss.

HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 99March 26, 2023 2:16 AM

R86 that's interesting . Creating a powerful network. Much like Julia Roberts has hers consisting mostly of powerful men of course. George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, Tom Hanks, Denzel Washington, Sean Penn and all their spouses. Past and current.

by Anonymousreply 100March 26, 2023 2:23 AM

So he quit being an agent to enjoy his wealth and get tattoos?

by Anonymousreply 101March 26, 2023 4:17 AM

He quit being an agent to become an executive at Quibi, but it folded shortly after launching. He’s been unemployed since.

by Anonymousreply 102March 26, 2023 6:22 AM

Quibi?!!

Oh Jim, honey, no. Frankly, I’d divorce him too.

Upthread he seemed to be described as a “nice” agent and good to his clients. He could start a boutique firm.

by Anonymousreply 103March 26, 2023 6:25 AM

Yeah, I’m guessing Reese didn’t sign up for unemployed derpy goatee guy.

by Anonymousreply 104March 26, 2023 10:50 AM

The funny thing is, her career was on the downward swing when they got together. She had been in a string of box office bombs, and appeared in that humiliating video in which she drunkenly harassed a cop.

by Anonymousreply 105March 26, 2023 3:00 PM

Hello Sunshine was a very successful production company, (sold for $1 Billion in 2022.) and Jim and Reese were partners in that endeavor so I doubt he was sitting on his ass after Quibi folded. And from what we know about Reese, I doubt he quit CAA to go with Quibi without her encouragement. Facebook and Google were investors and Jeff Katzenberg was heading it. As I understood it, it was sort of similar to Tik Tok.

by Anonymousreply 106March 26, 2023 3:01 PM

Did some research, and it seems like Katzenberg and Reese and Jim were friendly. Also, in 2020 apparently Reese did the voice over narration of a nature program on Quibi and was paid $6 million dollars for her "work." So it seems like Quibi's brief life was as a cash cow they milked into bankruptcy.

by Anonymousreply 107March 26, 2023 3:06 PM

Quibi wasn't a bad idea but the launch was a disaster.

by Anonymousreply 108March 26, 2023 6:49 PM

Ah, so he was likely more involved in Hello Sunshine than I considered. Jim would be even better connected than Reese in some ways and has a different skill set.

by Anonymousreply 109March 26, 2023 8:42 PM

Reese and Bethenny Frankel should form a survivors’ group for former spouses of rural PA Mama’s boys.

by Anonymousreply 110March 27, 2023 5:46 AM

There was a rumor that Reese was racist that was percolating for a few years. I guess it got back to her because all of the sudden she was showing up with famous black people like Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 111March 27, 2023 1:42 PM

R111 wouldn't shock me but i think a blind item was what started the racist rumours.

by Anonymousreply 112March 27, 2023 2:59 PM

There's some serious shade about her in that article. Time is fleeting & you can certainly understand why Toth decided he didn't want to up with that anymore

by Anonymousreply 113March 27, 2023 6:42 PM

R113, I think the person who decided to end it was Reese. She doesn't strike me as a patient, stand by your man, type. And I still believe that either he had a new girlfriend, and it was about to come out, thus the additional fact that they haven't really been together for months, etc. or she has her sights set on someone, and is more than ready to move on. She hooked up with Jake Gyllenhaal before the ink was dry on her divorce from Ryan, (and Jake & Ryan were friendly) and there was definitely some "overlap between her relationship with Jim Toth and her break up with Jake. And again in both cases, Ryan and Jake, "things haven't been going well between them for a while. I know. I keep up with too much Hollywood gossip, but Ryan and Jake were cute boys so yes, I kept up.

by Anonymousreply 114March 27, 2023 7:13 PM

Reese and Ryan both seem like miserable people, impossible to please.

by Anonymousreply 115March 27, 2023 8:03 PM

Marky Mark pleased her on that roller coaster.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116March 27, 2023 8:17 PM

R116, “Fear” is one of my guilty pleasure movies and you just know Wahlberg was boning Reese during the filming.

by Anonymousreply 117March 27, 2023 9:17 PM

[quote] I think the person who decided to end it was Reese.

You may be correct, but if he'd been kicked to the curb by her (even if he was glad to be rid of her), it seems like the story would've been framed like "he did everything he could to please her: rejuvenated her career, raised her bratty kids, helped the stupid ex husband and here's how she repays his kindness" but instead, the story could just read "he's done with her shit" and it was succinctly summarize the whole thing. She may have gotten out in front from a PR perspective, but at some point he told her "I'm doing what I want & you can fuck off and do the same"

by Anonymousreply 118March 27, 2023 9:58 PM

No, R118. Reese is running the PR spin on this. She got ahead of the story from jump.

by Anonymousreply 119March 27, 2023 10:03 PM

Not r118 but I think he's letting her let everyone think she's running the PR spin but he's out, game over. Agree he's ready to go public with a new girlfriend who is probably younger than Reese. That, on top of her second divorce, is not good for her image with the fraus.

by Anonymousreply 120March 27, 2023 10:17 PM

R120, Reese and Jennifer Aniston will both now have two divorces on their resumes.

by Anonymousreply 121March 27, 2023 10:30 PM

I can only imagine what a Type A mega-cunt Reese Witherspoon must be like to live with.

by Anonymousreply 122March 27, 2023 10:54 PM

R120, I agree. He’s so done, he doesn’t care about PR or anything. He just wants to get on with his life.

by Anonymousreply 123March 27, 2023 10:58 PM

I’ve always thought Aniston should partner with Gershon. Reese could officiate at the ceremony.

by Anonymousreply 124March 27, 2023 11:00 PM

After the drama of Ryan she wanted to marry a steady dependable guy. Then after she was married to him she found him boring.

by Anonymousreply 125March 27, 2023 11:02 PM

[Quote] She doesn't strike me as a patient, stand by your man, type.

I wouldn't be after marrying someone like Ryan. I don't know how she kept it together when he made an ass of himself at the Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 126March 28, 2023 12:00 AM

Reese’s husband seems like the type who would fart in your face while you’re rimming him.

by Anonymousreply 127March 28, 2023 12:17 AM

R127, That’s hot!

by Anonymousreply 128March 28, 2023 12:21 AM

r126 I forgot about that. Ryan got shitfaced drunk and made an ass of himself.

by Anonymousreply 129March 28, 2023 12:25 AM

Toth may have been an agent at CAA but it's not like he was ever a household name until he became Mr. Reese Witherspoon. I doubt very much that he cares about ~the PR spin~ That's only for couples where both parties are equally famous. He'll go back to his anonymous life now. With a huge chunk of the billion $$.

There is no way that I would ever believe that Reese initiated this divorce. Two time loser in the marriage department with a minor child still in the home? No way. Not in line with her brand. Jennifer Garner faced a similar dilemma, but Affleck was an addict which gave her a good out.

by Anonymousreply 130March 28, 2023 1:01 AM

Is a second divorce THAT embarrassing? 3, 4, 5, sure.

by Anonymousreply 131March 28, 2023 1:03 AM

When you're a type A blonde #girlboss, married to a tall successful businessman?

Then yes, divorce is a huge embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 132March 28, 2023 1:19 AM

R132 not really. You have to remember she first got married at 23, which on average is about 10 years younger than most celebrities. So add ten years say - second divorce at 57, not exactly embarrassing. It really isn’t at her age either - now agreed 3rd, 4th, then yeah.

It’s probably better for her image not to run into marriage number 3, however.

by Anonymousreply 133March 28, 2023 5:20 AM

Her whole brand is traditional Southern. She married at 23 because she was pregnant. That's how far back her whole good ol' Southern miss schtick goes. She couldn't be seen having a kid out of wedlock. Also, 23 is probably the average age for Southern girls to get married. They certainly are paired up and serious by college graduation.

In the average US, no, two divorces by 47 might not be that bad. But for her and her brand? There's no way she wanted this. She would have stuck it out until their kid was out of school.

by Anonymousreply 134March 28, 2023 5:28 AM

To be fair, Toth didn’t become a household name until he was pulled over for drunk driving, and his even drunker wife decided to mouth off to the cops.

by Anonymousreply 135March 28, 2023 6:03 AM

I assume Reese Witherspoon is an unbearable monster. If she felt comfortable pulling rank on two cops then just imagine how she treats waiters and assistants.

by Anonymousreply 136March 28, 2023 6:18 AM

r116 I masturbated to that scene as a teen.

by Anonymousreply 137March 28, 2023 6:54 AM

Jim probably checked out if this marriage a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 138March 28, 2023 7:10 AM

At least he was smart enough to follow his predecessor’s lead and father a child with her. It doesn’t hurt California is a community property state, and even if he signed a prenup he’ll make out like a bandit.

by Anonymousreply 139March 28, 2023 7:40 AM

R129 he really did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140March 28, 2023 10:15 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141March 28, 2023 10:16 AM

R140, That was at the Golden Globes.

by Anonymousreply 142March 28, 2023 10:22 AM

R142 I know

by Anonymousreply 143March 28, 2023 10:24 AM

Reese's career Renaissance after that video was nothing short of a miracle. The irony is he was the tough agent, and knew exactly how to respectfully treat the cop. She was just entitled and spoiled. It must have been a miserable 12 years.

by Anonymousreply 144March 28, 2023 12:26 PM

The cunt with the chin is insufferable. It’s shocking this bald drunk stayed this long.

by Anonymousreply 145March 28, 2023 12:40 PM

I love the movie The Man in the Moon. I think it might be her first and I think her best. It showed she really had acting chops and instinct.

by Anonymousreply 146March 28, 2023 12:57 PM

R146, And Jason London was hot.

by Anonymousreply 147March 28, 2023 1:38 PM

^ He was.

by Anonymousreply 148March 28, 2023 1:43 PM

WAS should be underlined and bolded.

Also, young Reese had great instincts, but her post-Oscar filmography is 99.9% SHIT. The sole exception is Wild.

by Anonymousreply 149March 28, 2023 2:07 PM

She used to grind out those ridiculous romantic comedies twice a year. She's really a mediocre actress. Right now she is smart to focus on TV series, with her buddy Jennifer Aniston. Her soon to be ex husband was responsible for helping Ryan Phillipe get back on his feet.

by Anonymousreply 150March 28, 2023 2:14 PM

R146, mine as well. I don’t think I’ve seen her in anything else. Man in the Moon was a poignant movie.

by Anonymousreply 151March 29, 2023 12:16 AM

R151, Not “Sweet Home Alabama”?

by Anonymousreply 152March 29, 2023 12:57 AM

[Quote] I don’t think I’ve seen her in anything else. Man in the Moon was a poignant movie.

Really? You haven't seen Fear, Cruel Intentions, Election or Legally Blonde?

by Anonymousreply 153March 29, 2023 8:34 AM

I saw Cruel Intentions, and I saw Election. Basically ReNever steps out of that comfort zone. Her "brand" building days.

by Anonymousreply 154March 29, 2023 2:34 PM

Only TWO divorces by age 53??

Amateur.

by Anonymousreply 155March 30, 2023 1:55 AM

Some magazine is trying to start a rumor that Reese is dating Tom Brady. LOL! Another mess in the making if true. But I don't think she'd go for that. He's way too high profile and he and Gisele are not well and truly finished. They're co-parenting.

by Anonymousreply 156April 1, 2023 4:45 AM

Brady will end up with a younger woman and another kid. She is too old for him and she would not put up with his shit.

by Anonymousreply 157April 1, 2023 10:24 AM

Tom Brady is asexual.

He’s much happier cavorting with his NFL buddies than being with a female.

by Anonymousreply 158April 1, 2023 10:27 AM

men who marry women for their money and lifestyle are terrible. Eventually, they show their true colors.

by Anonymousreply 159April 1, 2023 10:58 AM

I think Reese and Brad Pitt should get together.

Heads would explode.

by Anonymousreply 160April 1, 2023 2:07 PM

David Fincher seems very happy with his wife of many years.

But if they ever were to split, Reese should be his next wife.

The two biggest control freaks in the biz.

by Anonymousreply 161April 1, 2023 2:20 PM

They collaborated on Gone Girl (he directed, she produced). It was a match made in hell.

by Anonymousreply 162April 2, 2023 8:38 PM

She and Jim didn't work out, but if she marries again it will be someone like Jim. An Agent or a wealthy businessman. When I saw a recent picture of Angelina walking down a street with some Billionaire I thought of Reese. Now that's what she is hoping for, I betcha.

by Anonymousreply 163April 2, 2023 10:50 PM

He looks like he just took a major league tongue-lashing in R141's pic. And she looks like she is still not finished giving him an ear full.

by Anonymousreply 164April 2, 2023 11:08 PM

r164 that was the night Ryan got shitfaced at the Golden Globes.

by Anonymousreply 165April 2, 2023 11:31 PM

[quote]They collaborated on Gone Girl (he directed, she produced). It was a match made in hell.

I remember reading that she bought the producing rights to the novel because she wanted to star in the thing. Fincher told her no way was she going to be his Amazing Amy. I think he's probably one of the only people to ever shut her down.

by Anonymousreply 166April 3, 2023 12:50 AM

Fincher was right, Reese would've been all wrong for Gone Girl. Rosamund Pike was the correct choice.

by Anonymousreply 167April 3, 2023 12:51 AM

And a lot cheaper, R167

by Anonymousreply 168April 3, 2023 1:05 AM

I have a Scottish ancestor with the surname Wotherspoon.

by Anonymousreply 169April 3, 2023 2:05 AM

Why should she marry again? She’s insanely rich with more than enough money for her grandchildren to live well.

Just find some pretty younger man to service your needs.

by Anonymousreply 170April 3, 2023 7:10 PM

R170, Reese, call me.

by Anonymousreply 171April 4, 2023 12:32 PM

t171 She said "pretty."

by Anonymousreply 172April 4, 2023 12:37 PM

The agent ex-husband looks hung to me; I bet he throws one hot mean fuck.

by Anonymousreply 173April 4, 2023 12:42 PM

I didn't think he really cared about her when he was like "hey copper, I had nothing to do with that" when referring to her outburst.

He's a save his own skin type, off the boat before the women and children first vibes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174April 4, 2023 1:03 PM

I saw her in person but did not speak to her at a wrap party I attended here in Atlanta after filming had been completed many years ago on "Sweet Home Alabama".

Nevertheless, she has never done anything for me onscreen or offscreen but instead, as reports have come in of her behavior such as her arrest several years later here, I've thought less of her. Witherspoon projects a sense of entitlement which for me gets in the way of viewing her objectively.

Now this new blast from her just serves to cement her negative aura.

by Anonymousreply 175April 4, 2023 1:07 PM

I don't (want to) know her.

by Anonymousreply 176April 4, 2023 1:15 PM

I think Jennifer Garner should have been Amazing Amy. She is just the right level of insincere.

by Anonymousreply 177April 4, 2023 1:20 PM

I think Amazing Amy was portrayed by the right person. Pike was brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 178April 4, 2023 1:32 PM

I get a one-generation-removed -from-hillbillies vibe from Toth. Goatee-wearing, expensive truck driving, no manners. Trashy enough to name his kid “Tennessee.”

by Anonymousreply 179April 4, 2023 2:00 PM

R179, Excuse me?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180April 4, 2023 2:30 PM

That's hawt though, R179.

by Anonymousreply 181April 5, 2023 1:50 AM

monique Huillier the designer who was all the rage a few years ago, is his cousin. She gave Reese her wedding dress for free and Toth promoted the hell out of her creations, but she didn't seem to last. Especially since Reese started her own Draper James catalogue of shit.

by Anonymousreply 182April 5, 2023 2:11 AM

According to Chris Hanley, with every movie he produced, the lead actress slept with either the actor or director. One o f those movies was "Freeway." So,. Reese slept with either Keifer Sutherland or the director Matthew Bright.

by Anonymousreply 183April 8, 2023 1:47 PM

Hanley also produced "American Psycho" but Resse wasn't the main female in that.

by Anonymousreply 184April 8, 2023 1:54 PM

It’s writing like this, “(wow, has it really been that long?!)” that truly separates human reporters from AI writers.

I salute you, Maria Pierides of SheFinds.

by Anonymousreply 185April 8, 2023 1:59 PM

Chinny Chin Chin CUNT!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 186April 9, 2023 12:15 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!