Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hurricane Nicole is head ing for Florida

This is the second hurricane to sweep through Florida in a month. WTF?

by Anonymousreply 69November 13, 2022 7:42 PM

Global warming is a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 1November 8, 2022 10:18 PM

Oh, darn.

Thoughts and prayers.

by Anonymousreply 2November 8, 2022 10:19 PM

It is what it is.

by Anonymousreply 3November 8, 2022 10:21 PM

Nicole is a cheap ho.

by Anonymousreply 4November 8, 2022 10:23 PM

Governor DeSanta will save you, if you vote for him.

by Anonymousreply 5November 8, 2022 10:24 PM

We really want Hurricane Val!

by Anonymousreply 6November 8, 2022 10:26 PM

Those boots are made for walking, r5!

by Anonymousreply 7November 8, 2022 10:35 PM

Will anyone ask why God would send another hurricane to the state of the protector he installed on the eighth day?

by Anonymousreply 8November 8, 2022 10:40 PM

Another chance for DeSantis to beg for government money after trashing Biden, after his state got money for the last hurricane.

by Anonymousreply 9November 8, 2022 10:50 PM

Nicole, please wash Mar a Lago and the Trump family out into the ocean. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 10November 8, 2022 10:52 PM

Why are there still hurricanes in fucking November??

by Anonymousreply 11November 8, 2022 10:54 PM

[quote]Global warming is a bitch.

Especially for Climate-Change-Denying Republicans

by Anonymousreply 12November 8, 2022 10:56 PM

Whatever will all that MAGA trash do with uninsurable houses under water?

I guess we're about to find out.

by Anonymousreply 13November 8, 2022 10:58 PM

Any chance it could spoil Piggy Trump's wedding BBQ?

by Anonymousreply 14November 8, 2022 11:14 PM

I hope Desantis is too distracted with confetti and balloons to notice the hurricane at his doorstep.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 9, 2022 7:20 AM

[quote]Why are there still hurricanes in fucking November?

Hurricane season is from 6/1 - 11/30.

by Anonymousreply 16November 9, 2022 7:44 AM

Cat. 1 'til it hits land, then only a tropical storm.

Piece-o'-cake.

by Anonymousreply 17November 9, 2022 7:51 AM

#17 = Mrs. Bundy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18November 9, 2022 5:37 PM

"Florida could start to feel Nicole’s tropical storm force winds as early as Wednesday morning. National Hurricane Center Storm surge is expected to peak on Wednesday, when tides are still running high from Tuesday’s king tide, one of the highest annual tides. In Miami-Dade, the hurricane center predicts up to two feet of storm surge."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19November 9, 2022 5:45 PM

Not sure what it is about this particular storm, but it’s upsetting animals a lot. A friend of mine had a horse jump up into the air and pluck a lead rope out of their hand and run amok until he could catch her. Another friend of mine put their parrot outside in their cage and the parrot started to panic because all of the crows outside started screaming because of the increasing wind. Another friend of mine has all of their dogs and cats becoming “friends” and hiding inside the house. The wind area of the storm is very big, it covers more than the entire state and I think it’s affecting the barometric pressure in a severe way. It’s actually worse than the storm that came earlier this year which was smaller and more localized

by Anonymousreply 20November 9, 2022 6:12 PM

Only gusts here, and not very powerful. Of course, It won't hit here 'til later.

by Anonymousreply 21November 10, 2022 12:55 AM

Take care, Senior Lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 22November 10, 2022 4:55 AM

Many of the live beach area cams in east central Fla. (Port St. Lucie, Stuart, etc.) on Youtube are out right now- indicating high winds and/or precipitation.

by Anonymousreply 23November 10, 2022 8:00 AM

God's sending them a message after the election.

by Anonymousreply 24November 10, 2022 8:10 AM

The gays in Wilton Manors started boozing early! Clearly a storm was brewing !

by Anonymousreply 25November 10, 2022 8:17 AM

I have lived in FL since 2019 and for some reason I thought hurricane season ended at the end of October, R11. But R16 is correct: the season starts June1 and goes through the end of November (this has been the "designated" season since 1964). I guess I still can't wrap my head around the fact that hurricane season lasts HALF A YEAR! (But my workplace is closed today and i have the day off, so there is that!)

by Anonymousreply 26November 10, 2022 9:20 AM

What, those "good Christians" in Florida can't pray the hurricane away, like they pray away the gay? Maybe they can all get out their AR-15s and shoot the hurricane? Stand your ground, y'all!

by Anonymousreply 27November 10, 2022 9:26 AM

^ This made me laugh out loud. I will report back if I hear any gunfire.

by Anonymousreply 28November 10, 2022 9:37 AM

Stay safe, R26 😚

by Anonymousreply 29November 10, 2022 9:39 AM

^ Thanks so much! I am in Sarasota and so far there are medium winds and moderate rain (not monsoon-like)-- I think the East coast of FL will get slammed. No matter how bad it gets here, however, I'm happy to be off work. (Uh oh-- just heard a volley of machine gun fire so hopefully the Christians will get the storm to abate).

by Anonymousreply 30November 10, 2022 9:45 AM

Miami here. Yesterday moderate rain and slightly gusty winds. Today a breeze at most and the clouds seem to be breaking up a bit.

by Anonymousreply 31November 10, 2022 10:52 AM

OMG -- a Cat. 1 hurricane is not "slammed." The only problem is that it's affecting some of the areas that got hit by Hurricane Ian where the damage has not yet been sufficiently repaired. The winds are going to be slightly higher at my place than Ian's, but top out at 60mph. That's not bad -- honest. Even in a 52-year-old trailer with rattling windows.

I didn't even bother taking some of the precautions I took the last time. I left the heavy metal lawn chairs on the porch, I didn't put covers on my motorcycles, I didn't barricade the shed doors. But think about it: when you drive 70mph, does anything on your vehicle get damaged from driving that speed? Does your windshield break when you drive on the highway in the rain? Does your bumper blow off? That's tropical storm force wind speed, and it doesn't do much of anything to anything substantial.

My biggest problem is my trees. Back in Sept. 2017, a snowbird neighbor's huge tree blew down in my yard. It only bent the chain link fence, but it took me months to cut it up (with a hand saw!) and get rid of it. The law here is that anything on/over your property belongs to you (the reason you can pick fruit off a neighbor's overhanging tree), so I had to take care of it myself. Besides, the neighbor is a 80-something year old widow and wasn't here at that time anyway.

And of course, it's practically guaranteed that the power will go out here for an unspecified time period -- but it only flickered for a moment so far. Keep your fingers crossed!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32November 10, 2022 12:06 PM

Here we go, the eye is about two hours away from me and it is pelting down rain. Not nearly as bad a Ian, but the ground is still soaked, so flooding will be a problem, later. I am in Central Florida, Leesburg, just above Orlando. I don't see any damage in the neighborhood, but everything that was gonna blow went with Ian. I think fiver flooding will be the main problem here. Lots of mosquitoes coming our way.

by Anonymousreply 33November 10, 2022 12:11 PM

R33? Oh, Tallulah! Pick a day/time and I'll meet you at the Ichiban AYCE. I go there every couple of months and stuff myself silly on bad Chinese food (after which I eat very little for a couple of days). I usually ride my motorcycle, because the back roads from my place are a great ride.

We can dish about the DL!

by Anonymousreply 34November 10, 2022 12:23 PM

^^^ Sweetie, is that the Ichiban on International Dr? I love their food. It's a deal. We need to have a DL Convention in Orlando.

by Anonymousreply 35November 10, 2022 12:29 PM

No, in Leesburg. I haven't been on International Drive in many years. I hate traffic! That's one of the reasons I live in the Forest -- the Ocala National Forest, that is. I'm about a half hour north of The Villages (ugh).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36November 10, 2022 1:07 PM

Florida needs to sink

by Anonymousreply 37November 10, 2022 1:10 PM

R36 I haven't been to that Ichiban, although it is quite close. It used to be a Barnhill's AYCE which closed down because rats. Although, I am sure Ichiban has found another use for those pesky rodents. Yes, let's do a DL Reunion at Ichiban !! We can wear our caftans, pearls and house slippers. We will fit right in !!

by Anonymousreply 38November 10, 2022 1:29 PM

[quote]We can wear our caftans, pearls and house slippers.

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 39November 10, 2022 1:33 PM

I knew a girl named Nikki I guess you can say she is a sex fiend. I met her in a hotel lobby masturbating with a magazine.

by Anonymousreply 40November 10, 2022 1:35 PM

r38 Don't forget the turban, bracelets and rings. The Diva treatment.

by Anonymousreply 41November 10, 2022 1:37 PM

My ass is open

by Anonymousreply 42November 10, 2022 1:38 PM

Well... yes.. thank you for sharing r40. However, dear, we are talking about hurricanes named Nicole, rather than sex fiends who stimulate themselves with magazine in a hotel lobby. I am sure you will find many interested reading that thread which you should create.

by Anonymousreply 43November 10, 2022 1:44 PM

Weak from laughing

by Anonymousreply 44November 10, 2022 1:47 PM

I have hated Nicole since I was 7. Stuck up bitch and I were arch enemies. She was Nellie and I was Laura only with more money.

by Anonymousreply 45November 10, 2022 1:54 PM

Goodbye, Nicole. Glad to see you leave so quickly after Ian nailed us.

Light rain. Some gusts of wind.

by Anonymousreply 46November 10, 2022 1:56 PM

Lots of wind but nothing serious so far here in Tampa. The rain is steady but not really heavy so I hope it stays like this and makes it’s way out soon.

by Anonymousreply 47November 10, 2022 2:01 PM

Most Floridians don't stop to pause for a CAT1 hurricane. Only CAT2 and above gets them off their daybed to bring in the aluminum lawn furniture. I guarantee many have slept through this one.

by Anonymousreply 48November 10, 2022 2:06 PM

Say what?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49November 10, 2022 2:19 PM

My mom just showed me her cam in St. Petersburg - just seems super windy and light rain. She said it was quite loud in the night but already seems to be moving further north now.

by Anonymousreply 50November 10, 2022 2:26 PM

The 'cone' predictions shows the storm heading into the Gulf. I wonder if it will gain strength over water and create worse downpours as it heads north?

by Anonymousreply 51November 10, 2022 2:57 PM

East coast live cam.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52November 10, 2022 3:03 PM

R38/Tallulah, I'll meet you only if you swear you're not a MAGAt Trumper. I swear every gay/lesbian person I've met here in Deplorable Haven is a Trumper!

by Anonymousreply 53November 10, 2022 4:11 PM

I’m about to charge my iPad in my car. Barely making this post. Power has been out in central Florida all day. The storm was producing wind nonstop for hours and hours, so some trees fainted and took out a bunch of power lines in my zone. About to hook up a generator because the power grid is a zero on the left. Nonstop useless posts from Duke energy are a joke. Stay awesome everyone a country boy will survive

by Anonymousreply 54November 10, 2022 8:31 PM

Come on, Nicole, you can wash all those cunts out to see and drown them.

Pay special attention to 1100 S Ocean Blvd, Palm Beach, FL 33480

by Anonymousreply 55November 10, 2022 8:37 PM

I'm so sorry to hear R54; stay safe. Sarasota update: earlier this afternoon winds were pretty gusty and rain was heavy. But nothing going on now so it seems to have passed us here. Everyone else please stay safe if you are affected!

by Anonymousreply 56November 10, 2022 9:01 PM

Where are you, R54? My power always goes out, and this time, it went out three different times for a millisecond and then came right back on. Yippee! And I never lost my internet!

All I have now is maybe 10mph winds. The last of the rain (I think) just blew through. I even took my little dog out for a walk an hour ago. She was happy to be out and sniffing her little heart out, so to speak.

But I do have a yard full of small tree branches covered with Spanish moss that will need to be picked up.

But not today.

by Anonymousreply 57November 10, 2022 9:07 PM

Trees fainted? That sounds so cute

by Anonymousreply 58November 10, 2022 9:12 PM

R54 " a country boy will survive "

CAN survive, not WILL survive

by Anonymousreply 59November 10, 2022 9:30 PM

R17...Excuse me, but tropical storms can still kick ass.

by Anonymousreply 60November 10, 2022 9:31 PM

Are you all ok?

by Anonymousreply 61November 10, 2022 10:51 PM

If you Florida cunts don't swim over to MAGAT LARDO and drown those Trump fuckers, you are useless to us and I hope Nicole fucks you up.

Here's the address, get to work. 1100 S Ocean Blvd, Palm Beach, FL 33480

by Anonymousreply 62November 10, 2022 10:54 PM

What town do you live in Senior Lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 63November 10, 2022 11:11 PM

I don't live in a town, R63. My address is Silver Springs, but that's only incidental. I'm actually about a half an hour east of Silver Springs proper. The area immediately south of me technically speaking is in Ocklawaha, but Ocklawaha's not close by either; the actual town of Ocklawaha is about a 20 mile drive further south of me, and it's named for the Ocklawaha River (even though the river doesn't run through it).

I live on the western side of the Ocala National Forest. People around here tell people in the surrounding areas that we live "in the Forest" and most of the surrounding population pretty much knows where that is. In fact, I have an oval sticker on the back of my truck common to Forest denizens that says "WTF" -- Welcome to the Forest. It's also a perfect way to describe the neighborhood -- WTF??

Hope that answers your question, R63.

by Anonymousreply 64November 11, 2022 12:16 AM

Ron is showing poise and concern for his state . Trump Is a malignant narcissist. He doesn’t care about anyone, not even his family

by Anonymousreply 65November 11, 2022 12:39 AM

Oops r65 here . Got a little ahead of myself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66November 11, 2022 12:40 AM

"I also fixed his campaign, which had completely fallen apart. I was all in for Ron, and he beat Gillum, but after the Race, when votes for being stolen by the corrupt Election process and Broward Countu, and Ron was going down ten thousand votes a day, along with now-Senator Rick Scott, I sent in the FBI and the U.S. Attorneys and the ballots theft immediately ended, just prior to them running out of the votes necessary to win. I stopped his election from being stolen…"

by Anonymousreply 67November 11, 2022 12:49 AM

I thought I killed that bitch?..

by Anonymousreply 68November 11, 2022 1:26 AM

The pure venom dripping from Donald's mouth is like honey for Democrats.

Keep talking, Donny, you'll take down Fat Rhonda Satan in no time!

by Anonymousreply 69November 13, 2022 7:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!