Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Egg Nog

One of the best seasonal grocery items is Egg Nog

What do you think of this limited edition holiday treat?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27December 24, 2022 8:22 AM

Ralph's in Pasadena had Southern Comfort Egg Nog on sale for a dollar before Halloween for some reason, so I'm already four cartons in this season

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 6, 2022 2:44 AM

Southern Comfort Vanilla Spice Egg Nog is the best. I usually get one quart to sip.

Trader Joe's eggnog isn't half bad, especially for the price.

by Anonymousreply 2November 6, 2022 2:46 AM

Old fashioned, homemade spiked egg nog is good but I do not like the ready-made stuff sold in markets. It's OK when you're drinking it but it leaves a bad after taste.

by Anonymousreply 3November 6, 2022 2:46 AM

I'd rather just eat ice cream.

by Anonymousreply 4November 6, 2022 2:47 AM

People always associate it with alcohol, but I drink it plain

by Anonymousreply 5November 6, 2022 2:56 AM

Ready made eggnog is generally disgusting, in my experience. Gloopy, too-sweet, bleh. And I ain't no fancy pants with fancy pants taste. If I can't bear it it's probably pretty fuckin bad.

by Anonymousreply 6November 6, 2022 2:58 AM

I think it's one of the best things ever invented, but my system says no to dairy, unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 7November 6, 2022 3:28 AM

I never had any other eggnog except store-bought. Hood's in the New England area used to have a good eggnog (may still but I haven't bought it recently). My mom used to buy it for me for Christmas Eve.

by Anonymousreply 8November 6, 2022 4:13 AM

I will be presenting a special Nog for the upcoming DataLoungers at Home holiday segment on the Home & Garden Channel

by Anonymousreply 9November 6, 2022 7:32 PM

I love the taste, but it’s so damn sweet and rich. Maybe I should start spiking it half and half with booze.

by Anonymousreply 10November 6, 2022 7:33 PM

I need nog now

by Anonymousreply 11November 24, 2022 2:23 AM

Rum nog me now!

by Anonymousreply 12November 24, 2022 2:26 AM

Tis the season

by Anonymousreply 13December 23, 2022 2:55 AM

It's spelled Eggnog you fat whore OP.

And Eggnog is fucking disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 14December 23, 2022 2:57 AM

Alta-Dena Honey Sweetened Eggnog is the best.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15December 23, 2022 3:05 AM

Central flyoverstan here, skip the store bought and make your own with brandy. No I’m not from that state but close to it.

by Anonymousreply 16December 23, 2022 3:31 AM

Everyone loves Nog!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17December 23, 2022 3:34 AM

Reply 14, who are you kidding? If they renamed it CockNog, you'd be gulping it down your noggin hole.

by Anonymousreply 18December 24, 2022 6:17 AM

Southern Comfort eggnog is pretty tasty for a mass-market product. I've bought a few cartons this season, but it does contain some crappy ingredients (HFCS, artificial flavor, etc.).

I haven't made eggnog from scratch in a few years; maybe I'll do that for Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 19December 24, 2022 6:35 AM

I love it but it gives me the shits.

If I need my fix I’d have to have something like eggnog ice cream.

by Anonymousreply 20December 24, 2022 7:15 AM

I'm having a glass of Pennsylvania Dutch Eggnog from the bottle, as I type.

Let me tell you, this shit is STRONG.

They must put a ton of liquor in it, but it sure tastes good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21December 24, 2022 7:17 AM

Does it come in a pumpkin spice version?

by Anonymousreply 22December 24, 2022 7:18 AM

Sumthin my brothers always did at Xmas was shoot a few loads into a cup, pour it into a carton of egg nog and serve it to fam they hated. It was hilarious. Always be careful w teenage boys around. LOL. They are evil twisted lil shits. Especially if their mother is Mel Etheridge!

by Anonymousreply 23December 24, 2022 7:19 AM

I’d love to be hated in your family R23. Sprognog sounds wonderful!

by Anonymousreply 24December 24, 2022 7:21 AM

Spoogenog and the Golden Girls are a DLers wet dream. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 25December 24, 2022 7:44 AM

I prefer eggnog cut with ginger ale or Sprite.

Add a dash of nutmeg.

by Anonymousreply 26December 24, 2022 8:00 AM

The spooge of some young guy is always a delight.

by Anonymousreply 27December 24, 2022 8:22 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!