Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

There Are 16 Personality Types. Which Type Are You?

Took the test and my type is Advocate INFJ-T. This stands for introverted, intuitive, feeling, judging. The T stands for turbulent. I took this test once before with the same results. I'm also a Cancerian, which is the most common birth sign for this type. This is a show you mine, now show me yours type thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191July 12, 2024 1:48 PM

Nothing surpasses Myers-Briggs for precision. ENTPs unite!

by Anonymousreply 1November 6, 2022 2:36 AM

INTJ, female unicorn

by Anonymousreply 2November 6, 2022 2:52 AM

INFJ. They didn't have a fifth category the three times I took this test.

by Anonymousreply 3November 6, 2022 2:59 AM

INTP - A

by Anonymousreply 4November 6, 2022 3:00 AM

INFJ-T.

by Anonymousreply 5November 6, 2022 3:03 AM

ENFP-A

"Campaigner"

by Anonymousreply 6November 6, 2022 3:10 AM

Didn't they already debunk this crap?

by Anonymousreply 7November 6, 2022 3:11 AM

INTJ-T, another female unicorn

by Anonymousreply 8November 6, 2022 3:11 AM

INTJ-T male

by Anonymousreply 9November 6, 2022 3:13 AM

ISTP-T

I took the MB one a few years ago and got the most uncommon one. Guessing this is the same.

by Anonymousreply 10November 6, 2022 3:16 AM

I’ve taking these tests 100 times and I’m either INFJ, INTJ or INFJ-T. I guess it depends on the day and my mood when I answer these questions.

by Anonymousreply 11November 6, 2022 3:16 AM

ISFP- I had to get it professionally assessed for work. Whenever I had taken the test informally, I got a different result, with only the “I” being consistent, but the one I did at work is definitely accurate because the overall description of ISFP is me to a tee.

by Anonymousreply 12November 6, 2022 3:33 AM

INFP

by Anonymousreply 13November 6, 2022 3:38 AM

R7 it's just a parlor game, like astrology.

by Anonymousreply 14November 6, 2022 3:39 AM

Are we all introverts here, except for R6?

by Anonymousreply 15November 6, 2022 3:40 AM

INFP-T.

by Anonymousreply 16November 6, 2022 3:44 AM

I've actually changed over the years.

I used to be a heavy ENTJ, but ended up with INTP-T (Logician) on this test. Over the years, I've definitely seen myself switch from a heavy E to borderline to now consistently scoring I. Same with the J and P.

by Anonymousreply 17November 6, 2022 3:46 AM

INFP

by Anonymousreply 18November 6, 2022 3:52 AM

INTJ-T architect, strategic.

by Anonymousreply 19November 6, 2022 3:52 AM

ISFP-A

by Anonymousreply 20November 6, 2022 3:52 AM

R16 sams as you

by Anonymousreply 21November 6, 2022 3:56 AM

R21 cool!

by Anonymousreply 22November 6, 2022 4:00 AM

INFJ

by Anonymousreply 23November 6, 2022 4:07 AM

INFJ-T

by Anonymousreply 24November 6, 2022 4:11 AM

Another female Unicorn - INTJ-T, Rescue Chick... there's more of us than you thought! I feel like I'm in good company, though. :D

by Anonymousreply 25November 6, 2022 4:11 AM

I think it takes that kind of female to hang out here r25!

by Anonymousreply 26November 6, 2022 4:16 AM

INFJ, which is supposed to be the rarest type; but we seem to have a lot of INFJs on this thread already.

Myers-Briggs is not high science by any means; but it is very useful in providing terms and a structure by which to discuss personality traits and how they work together (the function stacks). I've found it illuminating.

by Anonymousreply 27November 6, 2022 4:17 AM

Because of how I look people assume that I am friendly and outgoing. I found this helpful for me to not feel like a freak.

by Anonymousreply 28November 6, 2022 4:22 AM

For me, the test seems accurate. Alarming, how easily we can be pegged.

by Anonymousreply 29November 6, 2022 4:30 AM

I am alone on a ISTP-T virtuoso island :(

by Anonymousreply 30November 6, 2022 4:32 AM

INFJ: Secretive

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31November 6, 2022 4:39 AM

I’m Cluster B type 2 😇

by Anonymousreply 32November 6, 2022 4:44 AM

Overview of 16 Myers-Briggs Personality Types 1. INTJ – (Introvert, Intuitive, Thinking, and Judging). The Mastermind.

Other nicknames for the INTJ include The Conceptual Planner or The Architect. Arguably the smartest MBTI type. INTJ is analytic and logical. These individuals are self-disciplined, energized by time alone (Introverted), focus on ideas rather than details, and prefer planning to spontaneity. 2. ENTP – (Extrovert, Intuitive, Thinking, Perceiving). The Visionary.

ENTPs are idea people. Highly intelligent, they are inspired innovators and motivated to solve intellectually challenging problems. ENTP is a rare personality type, comprising 3% of the general population, 4% of men, and 2% of women. 3. INTP – (Introvert, Intuitive, Thinking, and Perceiving). The Architect.

INTPs are philosophical innovators fascinated by logical analysis, systems, and universal theory. They are also trivia hounds. Also called The Objective Analyst or The Logician, INTP is one of the less common types in the population. INTPs comprise only 2% of women. 4. INFP – (Introvert, Intuitive, Feeling, and Perceiving). The Healer.

They can assimilate information but are imaginative idealists guided by their core values and beliefs. Healers excel when dealing with people demonstrating sympathetic idealism and compassion for others—also known as The Thoughtful Idealist and The Mediator. INFPs comprise 5% of women and 4% of men.

by Anonymousreply 33November 6, 2022 4:45 AM

5. INFJ- (Introvert, Intuitive, Feeling, and Judging). The Counselor.

These personality types are creative nurturers helping others realize their potential. INFJs have a strong moral center and a true sense of purpose. They are idealistic and sensitive and are referred to as The Insightful Visionary or The Advocate. INFJ is the rarest type – only 2% of the population. 6. ENTJ – (Extrovert, Intuitive, Thinking, and Judging). The Commander.

They are brilliant, strategic leaders who are highly motivated and enjoy hard work. They thrive on stress but are prone to anger. They can be ambitious, forceful, optimistic, and even egotistical. The rarest personality type amongst women is only 1%. 7. ENFJ – (Extrovert, Intuitive, Feeling, and Judging). The Teacher.

Idealist organizers, ENFJs are energetic and often overextended. They are driven by empathy, and others see ENFJs as natural teachers. They commonly work in religion, teaching, and the arts. They exhibit pleasant and sociable traits but can be impatient. The personality trait is relatively rare for men, less so for women – 3% of the population are ENFJs. 8. ENFP- (Extrovert, Intuitive, Feeling, and Perceiving). The Champion.

ENFPs are people-centric, focusing on possibilities. They are energetic and passionate storytellers. Filling with enthusiasm, spontaneity, and impulsiveness, common careers for ENFPs include counseling, religion, arts, and teaching. Reasonably common, comprising 8% of the general population, with 10% of women and 6% of men exhibiting this personality trait combination.

by Anonymousreply 34November 6, 2022 4:46 AM

9. ESTJ – (Extrovert, Sensing, Thinking, and Judging). This Supervisor.

ESTJs are hardworking traditionalists and consummate organizers — thriving on details. Known as energetic, prejudiced, and self-satisfied, they comprise 9% of the general population, with almost twice as many men and 11% as women. ESTJs are often strong leaders grounded in reality. They prefer situations with a defined hierarchical command structure. They are usually found in finance and business, trust authority, and expect obedience. 10. ISTP- (Introvert, Sensing, Thinking, and Perceiving). The Craftsman.

ISTPs are observant of detail and have a love of troubleshooting problems. They are knowledgeable and react with flexible logic to the world. More common amongst men than women, the personality trait is known to be critical, guarded, resourceful and independent. Commonly found in skilled trades, law enforcement, and career military. #11. ESFJ – (Extrovert, Sensing, Feeling, and Judging). The Provider.

ESFJs are people-smart, valuing loyalty and tradition. They are conscientious helpers that act according to a strict personal moral code – expecting others to adhere to their exacting standards. They have a high capacity to cope with stress. An ESFJ is the second most common Myers-Briggs personality combination, comprising 12% of the general population, 17% of women, and 8% of men. 12. ESTP – (Extrovert, Sensing, Thinking, and Perceiving). The Dynamo.

ESTPs are energetic thrill seekers with a good sense of humor. They utilize strong powers of observation to assess their surroundings and adapt, which may explain their natural athletic ability. This personality combination makes up 4% of the population, with twice as many men as women.

by Anonymousreply 35November 6, 2022 4:47 AM

13. ISFP – (Introvert, Sensing, Feeling, and Perceiving). The Composer.

These highly aesthetic individuals have a mindful presence, always acting in the moment. They are tolerant and nonjudgmental and commonly found in healthcare careers. This combination is the fourth most common type – 9% of the general population, with slightly more women than men. 14. ISTJ – (Introvert, Sensing, Thinking, and Judging). The Inspector.

ISTJs are driven to create and maintain order within a system. ISTJs are methodical — not interested in big ideas. They value hard work, continuing until a task is completed, regardless of the time. They like rules, valuing predictability, degrading artistic license, or adaptability. They are the third most common type, with two and a half times more men than women. 15. ISFJ – (Introvert, Sensing, Feeling, and Judging). The Protector.

ISFJ is the most common U.S. Population type, with 14% exhibiting traits. These traits are emphatic, traditionalists valuing convention and enjoying society. While they show conservative, conventional, and reserved features, they are also usually amongst the lowest income types and most likely to believe in spiritual powers. 16. ESFP – (Extrovert, Sensing, Feeling, and Perceiving). The Performer.

ESFPs are vivacious entertainers who charm and engage their surroundings. They have a contagious spontaneity and are talkative. They are known to live in the moment, enjoying life’s offerings. These traits are most common among women. And found in health care, teaching, and child care.

by Anonymousreply 36November 6, 2022 4:48 AM

You are all F-A-G-S

by Anonymousreply 37November 6, 2022 4:49 AM

Damn, as an ISFP, I'm only 9% of the population.

by Anonymousreply 38November 6, 2022 4:50 AM

38, are you in health care?

by Anonymousreply 39November 6, 2022 4:51 AM

I am not, R39.

by Anonymousreply 40November 6, 2022 4:52 AM

And here's the most dangerous types.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41November 6, 2022 4:56 AM

INFJ

by Anonymousreply 42November 6, 2022 5:03 AM

INFJ-T

by Anonymousreply 43November 6, 2022 10:25 AM

I got INFP-T. Am I a serial killer?

by Anonymousreply 44November 6, 2022 10:35 AM

ISTJ -- Logistician

by Anonymousreply 45November 6, 2022 10:48 AM

I remember reading that serial killer Robert Berdella was an INTP

by Anonymousreply 46November 6, 2022 11:00 AM

Does annoyed count as a personality type?

by Anonymousreply 47November 6, 2022 11:32 AM

Agree that it's a parlor game like astrology, but still pleased to be an INTJ Scorpio.

by Anonymousreply 48November 6, 2022 11:38 AM

Im ESFP and a teacher.

by Anonymousreply 49November 6, 2022 11:40 AM

INFJ and a social worker.

by Anonymousreply 50November 6, 2022 11:46 AM

Also age R11.

by Anonymousreply 51November 6, 2022 11:48 AM

[quote]Damn, as an ISFP, I'm only 9% of the population.

Lol. Gullible.

by Anonymousreply 52November 6, 2022 11:49 AM

Funny how INFJ's are rare in real life but on any forum or 16 personality's video they're like ants. haha. Also INFJ.

by Anonymousreply 53November 6, 2022 11:49 AM

Up until this test, I was an INTJ, female unicorn (took the test 3 times in the past 3 decades), but now with this test, I'm INFJ-A. Guess I've gotten sentimental or less robotic-like as I've gotten older.

by Anonymousreply 54November 6, 2022 1:31 PM

INFJ-T, the Advocate. 1-3% of the population. We're weirdos who don't fit in.

by Anonymousreply 55November 6, 2022 2:18 PM

Another INFJ-T

by Anonymousreply 56November 6, 2022 2:37 PM

55, we're not weirdos, were door mats.

by Anonymousreply 57November 6, 2022 8:06 PM

INFP-A: Mediator

by Anonymousreply 58November 6, 2022 8:13 PM

[quote]Up until this test, I was an INTJ, female unicorn (took the test 3 times in the past 3 decades), but now with this test, I'm INFJ-A. Guess I've gotten sentimental or less robotic-like as I've gotten older.

[quote]what makes INTJs truly dangerous is their combination of cold calculation and single minded determination.

Or, in true INTJ manipulative and dangerous fashion, you've realized that, as knowlege of MBTI personality types has become more widely known, it's in your best interests for people to be unaware of how truly dangerous you are.

You've either figured out how to game the test or have simply taken to lying about the results. In true, manipulative fashion, you know that the easiest lies to maintain are the ones that are closest to the truth. You switch one letter and, poof, you go from the most dangerous type to a relatively harmless one.

by Anonymousreply 59November 6, 2022 8:14 PM

r59, you're looking way too deep into this. I was rather proud of being a female unicorn. And I don't remember the questions from a decade ago. They didn't even have the ancillary A or J or whatever the hell those letters are at the end back then.

by Anonymousreply 60November 6, 2022 8:25 PM

ENFJ-T 6 175 8 cut

by Anonymousreply 61November 6, 2022 8:28 PM

[quote]I was rather proud of being a female unicorn.

Of course you were.

Apparently, in addition to being a "pick me girl" you're also sarcasm impaired...

Look at my signature in r59.

by Anonymousreply 62November 6, 2022 8:33 PM

INFP-T: Mediator

by Anonymousreply 63November 6, 2022 8:42 PM

Ah guess I'm too old and too uneducated what /s and "pick me girl" means.

by Anonymousreply 64November 6, 2022 8:43 PM

[quote]Ah guess I'm too old and too uneducated what /s and "pick me girl" means.

Well, this is DL, so I award point for having a tough skin, rather than simply lashing out.

Pick me girl: A woman who claims or acts as if she is unlike most other women, in order to gain attention.

/s: As Poe's Law is rampant on the internet ("an adage of Internet culture saying that, without a clear indicator of the author's intent, every parody of extreme views can be mistaken by some readers for a sincere expression of the views being parodied"), it's common practice to denote sarcasm using "/s" after the comment.

Then again, I could myself be the victim of Poe's Law with your response...so you can see what a dangerous spiral I could find myself in.

by Anonymousreply 65November 6, 2022 8:59 PM

INFJ

I took it once years ago and was an ESTJ.

by Anonymousreply 66November 6, 2022 9:29 PM

I got mediator. Would agree with that.

by Anonymousreply 67November 6, 2022 9:37 PM

Defender

by Anonymousreply 68November 6, 2022 10:37 PM

I got NPD!

by Anonymousreply 69November 6, 2022 10:48 PM

OP, I, too, am an Advocate INFJ-T and a Cancerian!

Sounds like we self-select for Datalounge paid memberships. Someone should tell Muriel.

by Anonymousreply 70November 6, 2022 10:57 PM

I wonder if INFJ might be statistically higher in the gay population than overall . . . ? Not sure if Myers-Briggs has ever been sliced and diced for statistics of that sort for the sixteen personalities.

by Anonymousreply 71November 6, 2022 11:02 PM

I got INFJ-T type, too, OP. Am I Faye Dunaway as Joan Crawford!??

by Anonymousreply 72November 6, 2022 11:25 PM

INFJ-T. As someone said upthread, we are legion, at least on the internet.

by Anonymousreply 73November 7, 2022 12:48 AM

INTP female. I have taken this test five times and it always comes out the same. Apparently, INTP females are only 2% of the population.

by Anonymousreply 74November 7, 2022 2:27 AM

I am the same type as OP. I have taken many versions of this test and always come up INFJ. It all tracks.

by Anonymousreply 75November 7, 2022 2:41 AM

The Myers-Briggs Test was debunked on "Adam Ruins Everything" (season 2, episode 4, "Adam Ruins Dating"), available on HBOMax.

by Anonymousreply 76November 7, 2022 3:12 AM

I’m an INFJ-A

by Anonymousreply 77November 7, 2022 3:15 AM

I just want to say, I am always testing as INFJ. Now I took your test and got to add a T.

Also, I am absolutely shocked there are so many of us here on DL. It's really something. I'll bet y'all show an affinity for maps?? 🤣

I have really a hard time believing y'all really. We are supposed to be rare! 😡😏

by Anonymousreply 78November 7, 2022 4:01 AM

21 out of 73 are INFJ??? wtf...!! Wow!

I remember first having to take the silly test for work 25 yes ago. Fascinating results where all 20 of us scored equally across the board of 16 and I was the only INFJ. Never forgot that. I've always felt weird and different - but not on DL...

Elderlez...take the darn test!

by Anonymousreply 79November 7, 2022 4:12 AM

INTP - A (logician).

What does the A stand for ?

by Anonymousreply 80November 7, 2022 4:12 AM

I always got INFJ and took the test multiple times. But I swear everyone is an INFJ.

by Anonymousreply 81November 7, 2022 4:14 AM

R81 INFJ is statically the least-common personality type. I think we freaks just tend to gravitate toward this sacrilegious internet hellhole.

by Anonymousreply 82November 7, 2022 4:21 AM

statistically*

by Anonymousreply 83November 7, 2022 4:22 AM

A stands for "aggressive", whilst T stands for "Truly the Best". It's all up there in the article.

by Anonymousreply 84November 7, 2022 4:29 AM

Reply 80, The A stands for assertive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85November 7, 2022 4:31 AM

INTP-T Turbulent Logician

People like me: Issac Newton, Kristen Stewart, Bill Gates

The results gave me a good chuckle. However, much of the assessment appears to be fairly accurate. I’m a high-strung, introverted person, and react to minor things in a chaotic way and almost always prefer one-on-one to a crowd.

by Anonymousreply 86November 7, 2022 4:35 AM

One more INFJ-T here. Also a Cancer. I generally find both MB and astrology indicative of nothing, but the number of us here is genuinely hilarious.

Unfortunately, it is also slightly creepy, and I now have to leave the internet forever.

by Anonymousreply 87November 7, 2022 4:37 AM

R87 I am R75–INFJ and also a Cancer. Lol . Makes you wonder.

by Anonymousreply 88November 7, 2022 4:54 AM

I got defender.

by Anonymousreply 89November 7, 2022 4:54 AM

My other half got defender, as well.

by Anonymousreply 90November 7, 2022 4:57 AM

ISTP, literally short for I SToP Drama.

by Anonymousreply 91November 7, 2022 4:57 AM

R1 Here and it surprises me there are not other ENTPs here.

by Anonymousreply 92November 7, 2022 5:32 AM

INTJ-T Architect

by Anonymousreply 93November 7, 2022 5:35 AM

Looks like DL is crawling with unicorns.

That's probably not surprising, although I was surprised and flattered to read that I'm the #1 most dangerous personality type. Guess I need to work on developing my potential in that direction...

by Anonymousreply 94November 7, 2022 5:46 AM

Personality type: Advocate (INFJ-T) Traits: Introverted – 69%, Intuitive – 68%, Feeling – 71%, Judging – 54%, Turbulent – 64% Role: Diplomat Strategy: Constant Improvement

You can use this randomly generated password to access your profile:

by Anonymousreply 95November 7, 2022 6:02 AM

'Adventurer' that's so me. Aries all the way.

by Anonymousreply 96November 7, 2022 6:13 AM

ISFJ -A Assertive Defender

by Anonymousreply 97November 7, 2022 6:30 AM

INFJ - A

by Anonymousreply 98November 7, 2022 6:39 AM

Could be a lot of INFJs answering because INFJs tend to enjoy Myers Briggs stuff and actually were much more likely to open the thread. The lack of Es on this thread doesn't seem to reflect DL's makeup.

by Anonymousreply 99November 7, 2022 6:57 AM

INTP-T. It always comes out with this result each time I take it. The see patterns and inconsistencies really easily in both data and in people. It’s a blessing and a curse because it’s difficult for me just to roll socially without constantly evaluating everything. By the way, I always lie on these tests at work and respond to make myself appear just over the E line and an A instead of a T. They’re pretty easy to game. E’s are viewed more favourably in our society even if the job doesn’t require it.

by Anonymousreply 100November 7, 2022 7:01 AM

Nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 101November 7, 2022 7:46 AM

I always got more accurate and consistent results with this version of the Myers-Briggs test, having taken it about ten times over the past 15 years.

I took OP's version of it, and it came out as some other type that isn't me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102November 7, 2022 8:15 AM

Infp. Pretty accurate.

by Anonymousreply 103November 7, 2022 8:18 AM

For those saying this is like astrology, I don't think you're correct. Astrology "works" by telling everyone general things that they can apply to themselves no matter who they are. These types are more specific than that and if you read your opposite type, you'll pretty much relate to almost nothing outlined in that description. The farther from your type, the less likely you'll relate to it in any way. Conversely, every horoscope pretty much applies to everyone.

by Anonymousreply 104November 7, 2022 8:23 AM

R104- It's not like astrology in that it can be generalized to everyone. It is highly unreliable as a measure of core personality, though. My MB type was very different when I had severe depression, when I was on medication, and then again when I stepped down off them but was overall content with my life. The belief that it identifies the true identity "type" of a person and their core motivations is not based on science at all.

by Anonymousreply 105November 7, 2022 5:27 PM

I took R102's test and got INFJ again. FWIW, I'm a Taurus, versus the number of INFJ Cancers here.

by Anonymousreply 106November 7, 2022 5:49 PM

Logician

INTP-T

75% Introverted

56% Intuitive

55% Thinking

51% Prospecting

60% Turbulent

by Anonymousreply 107November 7, 2022 7:19 PM

ISFJ Astrologically a Cancer

by Anonymousreply 108November 7, 2022 9:48 PM

I've been INFJ most of my adult life but somehow I've flipped to ISTJ. I guess you stop with the intuitive feeling bullshit at a certain age. 🤣

by Anonymousreply 109November 7, 2022 9:54 PM

Why so many introverts on DL? (I'm an E)

by Anonymousreply 110November 8, 2022 12:37 AM

[quote]—Still hate people

And yet you're one of them.

by Anonymousreply 111November 8, 2022 12:38 AM

LSMFT. got a light?

by Anonymousreply 112November 8, 2022 12:39 AM

R105, wouldn't your core personality be the one that shows up when you are mentally healthy? I'd think your depression messing with a test result for personality would be pretty normal. Also, by the time you've taken the test a couple of times, it's very easy to get it to say something else, especially if it's something you want to be true.

by Anonymousreply 113November 8, 2022 5:18 AM

Also, concerning it's ability to predict people, I'm really good at picking out what other people will test as just from knowing them for a while. They take the test and 80-90% of the time, they test as what I predicted. And, these are people who don't usually know anything about the test going in.

by Anonymousreply 114November 8, 2022 5:21 AM

R114 oh really? And how do you predict you're seeing infj?

by Anonymousreply 115November 8, 2022 5:46 AM

INTP-T

by Anonymousreply 116November 8, 2022 6:22 AM

INFP-T

Mediator

by Anonymousreply 117November 8, 2022 6:35 AM

I’m one of 2%.

by Anonymousreply 118November 8, 2022 6:37 AM

Astrology is more than just your Sun sign. You do have the luminaries (Sun and Moon), plus all the planets, plus thousands of asteroids, then some theoretical points that are more difficult to explain. You have signs, houses, aspects, angles. You could analyze a chart for years and still keep coming up with new (and accurate) insights. It's more complex than this but there is a branch known as archetypal astrology that's quite fond of all things Jungian and it ties nicely with the MBTI.

by Anonymousreply 119November 8, 2022 6:38 AM

Your personality type is: Logician INTP-T

Logicians are innovative inventors with an unquenchable thirst for knowledge.

by Anonymousreply 120November 8, 2022 6:50 AM

When I was in high school, my brother had taken the test and then obliged me to do so as well. I tested as an INFJ, but dismissed the test as foolish nonsense because, as I came to understand on reflection, at that age I didn't like being categorized or being put into a box--my immature spirit rebelled against that. Decades later, I took the test again and got the same results, and very strongly too . . . but this time decided to look further into it, and found that, as a tool for self-understanding, and understanding of others, Myers-Briggs gave me a multitude of sophisticated insights which "played out" as valid when looked at with the cold discerning eye of experience and reason.

Those who object to it or call it nonsense, I wonder what they are looking for in it. They seem to be disappointed that it is not a perfectly-focused crystal ball which gives easy-to-apply and bankable specific predictions of the future (what it does give, among other things, is an idea of tendencies, which might be altered/varied by particular circumstances); and/or they seem to be like my juvenile self, simply uncomfortable at the idea that they could be categorized and thus potentially "seen into" by others.

Google "Jung debunked," "Freud debunked," "Behaviorism debunked," and so on, and you'll find that in due course [italic] every [/italic] psychological theory is "debunked" by the debunk-minded. The important thing is to not consider something completely useless just because it isn't perfect--don't let the best be the enemy of the good!--but to gather from each theory whatever new insights and unique perspective it has to offer, and to proceed in life with a deeper level of understanding.

by Anonymousreply 121November 8, 2022 1:28 PM

INTJ - many of which are clairvoyant

by Anonymousreply 122November 8, 2022 1:52 PM

Short version

new and improved mbti test

1. Were you popular in high school?

A. Yes (E)

B. No (1)

2. Do you play sports?

A. Yes (S)

B. No (N)

3. Are you good at math?

A. Yes (T)

B. No (F)

4. Is your room clean?

A. Yes (J)

B. No (P)

by Anonymousreply 123November 8, 2022 2:05 PM

1=I

by Anonymousreply 124November 8, 2022 2:06 PM

Are there any other ENFP-A DLers?

by Anonymousreply 125November 8, 2022 2:42 PM

Commander. ENTJ -A. ENTJ -T

Who knew?

by Anonymousreply 126November 8, 2022 2:49 PM

R37 made me laugh out loud.

Another INFJ here (but not a Cancer) and this does seem odd for "the rarest type" to be clustering here. No one I know is this type, including work colleagues.

by Anonymousreply 127November 8, 2022 3:05 PM

INFJ-T

by Anonymousreply 128November 8, 2022 3:57 PM

I dun’t need sealy test to know I’m architect.

by Anonymousreply 129November 8, 2022 4:28 PM

I'm a Mediator -INFP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130November 8, 2022 4:48 PM

I'm a Mediator, INFP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131November 8, 2022 4:48 PM

INTP (female)

by Anonymousreply 132November 8, 2022 5:17 PM

Believe what you want, but this is total rubbish.

by Anonymousreply 133November 8, 2022 5:18 PM

A response, in the link, to this ^^^ sort of thing:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134November 8, 2022 8:36 PM

R133 Well if it's rubbish, wouldn't people absolutely not recognize their own personality in the results they get? Yet most seem to

by Anonymousreply 135November 9, 2022 2:24 AM

LSMF-T

by Anonymousreply 136November 9, 2022 2:28 AM

I'm in the INRI type.

"Messianic Savior"

by Anonymousreply 137November 9, 2022 2:36 AM

PPTP

"Golden Showers and Scat"

by Anonymousreply 138November 9, 2022 2:37 AM

It's not surprising to see people who take MBPT seriously also take astrology seriously.

by Anonymousreply 139November 9, 2022 9:26 PM

INTP. My office just had a thorough Myers-Briggs test done for a staff retreat—each report was around 20 pages long. We didn't do anything practical with the info afterward, but it was insightful. We found out we are an introvert-dominant office by far, with only three extaverts among us, and that explained a lot and it did help us to understand one another.

Being told that our diffferences are not right or wrong, superior or inferior but rather natural orientations like being left- or right-hand dominant, was helpful in the cases of, for example, some people being early starters and meticulous planners and other people being motivated by looming deadlines.

Learning a few of my coworkers are obsessive organizers and schedulers and that working without a schedule makes them anxious was very helpful. I'm less process-oriented and tend to keep on top of my own deadlines and whip things out when they're due, and now we have adjusted timelines to be more satisfactory and natural for everyone. It has actually helped.

We also got explanations of how our types manifest in some counterintuitive ways that was REALLY helpful. For example, I am an INTP and I am introverted and intuitive, and my type tends to present in ways that can make people think I am the opposite because I always process internally in an intuitive way but I outwardly ask more deliberatively (which the MBTI showed) by asking lots of deductive questions out loud and so people may see me as more of a computational thinker whereas I actually tend to make decisions based on instinct and perception and I use those questions to calibrate my decisions.

It also showed that I am *super* introverted in all regards except one: I am a 'sharer,' and I have no problem at all with public speaking. I have no discomfort, no anxiety when I have to explain things publicly. But if I have to go into a room of strangers for any reason, I sometimes have panic attacks, and small talk freaks me out bigtime. It was interesting to see that articulated because I always wondered why I don't have any anxiety with public speaking but do with all other social interactions. And it was useful for my boss because he INSISTS I am an extravert because I am comfortable speaking to groups and he absolutely rejects the idea that being around a lot of people drains all my energy.

by Anonymousreply 140November 9, 2022 9:49 PM

Meyers-Briggs and pseudo psychological retreats---your employer should just set money on fire instead.

by Anonymousreply 141November 9, 2022 10:12 PM

Frau catnip. And meetings, lots and lots of meetings.

by Anonymousreply 142November 9, 2022 10:21 PM

Myers-Briggs is a respected starting point in type identification. Naysayers are ignorant on the subject and dispute nothing. Seventy plus years of science.

by Anonymousreply 143November 9, 2022 10:23 PM

Entrepreneur: ESTA-A

Slightly more extroverted (53/47) than introverted

More observant (60/40) than intuitive

More thinking (54/46) than feeling

More prospecting (69/31) than judging

More assertive (65/35) than turbulent

I'm the furthest thing away from an entrepreneur: two corporate jobs over a 45-year career, the second of which I held for almost 30 years. Yes, I liked it - and they loved me - but it was the long game (bennies, bennies, and still more bennies) that kept me there. And the ki$$ goodbye when I left. Making me think I'm kind of risk-averse, something their test didn't capture, I guess. I'm a top and a Capricorn, too, but they didn't ask about that.

by Anonymousreply 144November 9, 2022 11:11 PM

I don't care that it is pseudoscience depending what it is meant to be used for. If it's used for screening job candidates rather than skills and experience, that's a mistake.

If it's used for personal reflection and introspection, then it's useful. And astrology can be, as well. Both present a variety of characteristics to people and people then think about each characteristic and cannot keep themselves from assessing themselves according to them. Am I like this or am I like that? A LOT of people don't spend time reflecting like this and it can be very beneficial.

Likewise, the MBTI and astrology both can be applied to groups and encourage both introspection and group discussion about people's natures.

Branding these things with the stigmatic term pseudoscience is shortsighted. There are countless other prompts for these sorts of things that are applied casually and they're not shunned because they aren't part of a methodical scientific process. When groups talk about their sports fanatacism, most people get excited. I freeze and glaze over. When people talk about anything introspective, I get excited and I find it a useful way to get to know people as we banter about it. It's not used in place of a fucking medical diagnosis with life or death consequences. It's part of the arts of getting to know others and oneself.

by Anonymousreply 145November 9, 2022 11:31 PM

^Are you emotionally abusive? If so, give me a ring.

by Anonymousreply 146November 9, 2022 11:33 PM

INFP-T <3 85% Introvert, 80% iNtuitive, 61% Feeling, 76% Prospecting, 78% turbulent

Apparently 'constant improvement' is my strategy for life success but I don't have the energy or stability for that rn so?? guess I'll die?????

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147November 10, 2022 1:06 AM

Same as me.^

by Anonymousreply 148November 10, 2022 1:09 AM

^^am an Aquarius Neptune/12th house dominant goldstar bottom too if that helps to know OP xxx

by Anonymousreply 149November 10, 2022 1:09 AM

Do you prefer to be bottom speared underwater^

by Anonymousreply 150November 10, 2022 1:15 AM

[quote] It's part of the art of getting to know others...

But R145, I don't want to get to know others. I don't see the benefit.

by Anonymousreply 151November 10, 2022 3:48 AM

how we’re all lowkey answering in the style of our type🙃🤡

by Anonymousreply 152November 10, 2022 12:39 PM

Always INFJ. Have to say whenever this has topic has come up on other forums INFJ's seem scarce.

by Anonymousreply 153November 10, 2022 1:15 PM

R140 We also did ours at a staff reatreat. The famous INFJ's were Martin Luther King, Nelson Mandela, Mother Teresa and... WTF? Marie Kondo? How does she deserve to be in such lofty company? I can think of better. Maybe a DL fave. Do you think Ida Lupino was an INFJ? Jeff Stryker? Helen Lawson? Now taking suggestions.

by Anonymousreply 154November 11, 2022 10:41 PM

What's the point of employers doing these tests after the person has been working there a while? Are they going to tailor your work to your personality, or would they fire you if you were deemed to be not a "good fit"?

by Anonymousreply 155November 11, 2022 10:57 PM

@155, I think it's so you can have empathy when opposing types do annoying shit at work. You can blame it on their type instead of the person.

by Anonymousreply 156November 11, 2022 11:17 PM

Here's what QI has to say about this sort of thing...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157November 11, 2022 11:33 PM

R139 = Typical Capricorn

by Anonymousreply 158November 11, 2022 11:37 PM

R155 It did help me. As I said, I now no longer puzzle over why I have social anxiety in receptions but never in meetings or sessions when I present to a crowd because the MBTI broke down my introversion into specific facets and articulated how the different components are compartmentalized. I can now articulate to others that I am an introvert but public speaking comes naturally to me.

And I have know for the 10-15 years I've worked with a couple of my coworkers that they are organized and get everything going early and they know that I reliably get everything done on time and have never missed a deadline, but I tend not to do my parts until the deadline. We've never talked about it, just always remind one another when deadlines are coming up and get antsy. Our facilitator told us that these are naturally different ways of being like right- and left-handed dominance, neither better than the other, and that the end product is not worse for people who perform better under the pressure of looming deadlines. This was helpful for all of us. It facilitated conversation. My meeting planner coworker admitted she gets highly anxious when she does something months early and no one else 'does their part' until the deadline because she worries it won't be done. But hearing this, she realized that she has been there for a LONG time and everyone else reliably, without exception, does do their part and no one misses deadlines, and deadlines exist because that is when the work really needs to be done—so even though she is an early starter, she consciously realized after all these years that her anxiety is wasted energy and unwarrantef and she has noticably relaxed. And for my part, when I get her deadlines, I now *always* have in mind that she is antsy and anxious as she awaits action from other people, and so I have started some work earlier and, when too busy to do so (her job is 100% events and mine is 95% other things), I give her status updates and let her know I have not forgotten and will prioritize as soon as I can.

It helped us understand our differences, helped us to recognize that we have been focused on being anxious over differences while overlooking for years that we actually work well together and can release a lot of anxiety about whether things will get done—they always have and always will because we are all dependable, if different—and it has improved communication.

It's been very useful to consciously acknowledge all of this.

And yet people say "it's pseudoscience! Kill it!"

People are not robots. Many arts that serve as means foe human expression and processing of complex dynamics could be called pseudoscience because they manifest through instinct and intuition and self-made experiential processes rather than through a prescribed scientific method. People's personalities and ways of being are too complex to try to shove everyone into factory gears and expect them not to come loose. Some social pseudosciences serve to acknowledge the big picture of how things work and allow for people to become better aware of how we work and how others work and then find the space among the gears where we can function most usefully.

by Anonymousreply 159November 12, 2022 12:34 PM

INFJ is the rarest personality type across the population, occurring in just 2% of the population. It is also the rarest personality type among men. INFJ stands for Introversion, Intuition, Feeling, and Judging. This unique combination is hard to find in most people.

by Anonymousreply 160November 12, 2022 12:46 PM

R160 This is an interesting graphic that compares prevalence of personality types among the general population against those who populate Internet discussion groups. I'm an INTP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161November 12, 2022 12:50 PM

People alleged to be INTPs make me feel like I am in good company, mainly because most were some version of a societal weirdo/misfit who nevertheless had a wildly imaginative interior life, and who expressed themselves freely even though others thought they were bonkers. That's basically how I think of myself.

Albert Einstein

Charles Darwin

Marie Curie

Abraham Lincoln

Bill Gates

René Descartes

Mark Zuckerberg

Sigourney Weaver

Larry Page

Rowan Atkinson

Richard Dawkins

Sergey Brin

Isaac Newton

Meryl Streep

Stephen King

Alan Greenspan

Dwight D. Eisenhower

James Madison

Bob Newhart

Adam Smith

Blaise Pascal

Carl Jung

Randall Munroe

Nikola Tesla

by Anonymousreply 162November 12, 2022 12:55 PM

Another female here who usually gets INTJ, but ended up with INTP-A this time around.

by Anonymousreply 163November 12, 2022 3:47 PM

Today, while shredding dome old files, I found the Myers-Briggs test results I took back in college in 1993.

Feeling nostalgic, I googled it and found a link to retake the test 31 years later. In 1993, I was an ENTP. I just took the test again, and guess what? I'm still an ENTP, but now with an added "A." Not sure what the "A" means, but in 31 years, I guess I haven't changed much.

And since some of you have added your astrological sign, I'm not a believer, but for what it's worth, I'm a Pisces - ENTP-A.

And if someone could please tell me what the "A" stands for, that would be great.

by Anonymousreply 164July 12, 2024 12:37 AM

Whoever bumped this thread from 2022 is someone I have on "ignore." Is it DeFatso? This is maybe the seventh 2022 thread that's been bumped in the last week or so.

by Anonymousreply 165July 12, 2024 12:40 AM

I've taken this test a number of times over the years and always gotten INFJ. I took it this time at OP's link and was classified as "INFJ-T" (this seems to be a common one among DLers).

by Anonymousreply 166July 12, 2024 12:46 AM

Defender

by Anonymousreply 167July 12, 2024 1:04 AM

I just got Advocate, INFJ-T

by Anonymousreply 168July 12, 2024 1:05 AM

ENFJ-A Protagonist

Protagonists are inspiring optimists, readily taking action to do what they feel is right.

by Anonymousreply 169July 12, 2024 1:15 AM

Hanky codes for nerds.

by Anonymousreply 170July 12, 2024 1:24 AM

INTJ-T

by Anonymousreply 171July 12, 2024 1:29 AM

Myers-Briggs always pegs me as an ISFJ - introverted, sensitive, feeling, judging. Jimmy Carter is the same rare personality type.

by Anonymousreply 172July 12, 2024 1:31 AM

ENFJ A - Protagonist

by Anonymousreply 173July 12, 2024 1:31 AM

But the 16personalities test labelled me an INFP-T "Mediator". What the frick?

by Anonymousreply 174July 12, 2024 1:40 AM

CUNT-Y.

by Anonymousreply 175July 12, 2024 2:01 AM

ISTP-T

by Anonymousreply 176July 12, 2024 2:13 AM

INTJ-A

by Anonymousreply 177July 12, 2024 2:17 AM

ENFP

by Anonymousreply 178July 12, 2024 2:23 AM

This has been thoroughly debunked over years and years. I can't understand why people don't know this. Meyers-Briggs is bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 179July 12, 2024 2:27 AM

ENTJ-Commander

by Anonymousreply 180July 12, 2024 3:08 AM

INFP-T: Mediator

by Anonymousreply 181July 12, 2024 4:12 AM

I used to be intrigued by Type theories but at this stage of life, I find them suspect. I no longer believe that we are consigned to our profiles. This way of thinking limits the potential for growth and change—both personal and organizational. Rather than giving credence to these frameworks, think about questioning the systems you are forced to work within.

by Anonymousreply 182July 12, 2024 4:25 AM

16 Personality Types

1. Meek 2. Obnoxious 3. Bitchy 4. Vain 5. Boring 6. Dull 7. Fetid 8. Squalid 9. Lame 10. Fantastic 11. Nasty 12. Naive 13. Suicidal 14. Indestructible 15. Lazy 16. Hyperactive

by Anonymousreply 183July 12, 2024 4:40 AM

I am ISTP. My I score is a 30, so I’m an ultimate introvert.

by Anonymousreply 184July 12, 2024 5:28 AM

INTP - Logician - woo hoo yabba dabba doo

What do I win?

by Anonymousreply 185July 12, 2024 5:52 AM

r183 those aren't personality types, they're descriptions of my last 16 love interests HOY-OH!!

by Anonymousreply 186July 12, 2024 6:11 AM

INTP - Enneagram 9w1

by Anonymousreply 187July 12, 2024 6:53 AM

INTP-T

by Anonymousreply 188July 12, 2024 8:28 AM

That's what I usually get but one time when the questions were super detailed I got an ENTP

by Anonymousreply 189July 12, 2024 8:31 AM

R186, you're lucky. That describes my last sixteen moods.

by Anonymousreply 190July 12, 2024 12:34 PM

Lots of INTPs on DL.

by Anonymousreply 191July 12, 2024 1:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!