Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Heartstopper

Continue discussing the Netflix show here

by Anonymousreply 600December 11, 2022 12:48 AM

Kit, Bash and Joe who?

Alice is suffering

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 5, 2022 6:21 PM

OP Or we could leave this to teens, and parents of teens to discuss. Ya know, to avoid sounding like Jerry Sandusky and Jeffrey Epstein casting for a Disney movie.

by Anonymousreply 2November 5, 2022 6:37 PM

Not everyone is a creep. We mostly discuss the very legal actors and crap on the writer Alice, who is asexual and thinks teens don't do anything but kiss and snuggle and having a high school friendship group that includes three trans (one with an NG tube), a gay, a bisexual, two lesbians, an asexual & a straight boy dating a trans character is the norm. It's a party.

by Anonymousreply 3November 5, 2022 6:48 PM

R1 I mean to be fair, a lot of what she's seeing to make her leave is probably the Joe/Kit hate. But she's probably not gonna say that directly. (Still wish she'd tweeted something when Joe and Bash were getting hate about Ben, though.)

by Anonymousreply 4November 5, 2022 6:48 PM

Even more galling is the fact that Alice had the nerve to like this tweet from an author working on an adaptation of their work when she left Kit out to dry for half a year and only said something after he came out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 5, 2022 7:34 PM

The Agatha series sounds interesting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 5, 2022 7:37 PM

R6 How much of a rumour is this? Could it just be made up completely?

by Anonymousreply 7November 5, 2022 7:45 PM

R5 *sigh* Yeah, definitely not ideal. I don't know why people didn't say anything - especially as they were obviously aware of it based on Kizzy's tweet. Maybe Kit asked them not to?

by Anonymousreply 8November 5, 2022 7:47 PM

R8 Joe and bash both supported him after his initial May tweet about people assuming his sexuality and Joe defended him in interviews too. Alice just doesn’t give a shit about the cast, to be honest - she also didn’t even say anything about the very uncontroversial statement of “it’s mean to call Joe ugly”. Kind of pathetic 3 18-20 year olds have been one another’s biggest advocates.

by Anonymousreply 9November 5, 2022 7:52 PM

I can’t cope with people like Alice. Get a grip. Seriously. I work a full time, high profile job. I have two young kids, one with medical issues. I spend my life juggling balls in the air. I can’t remember the last time I slept all night. I’m exhausted 24/7, like flat out knackered. Yet I get out of bed, pull up my big girl pants & crack on with everyday. No matter how tired or ill I am. I don’t take ‘breaks for my burnout’ because it’s not how real life works. Instead, I take a few days annual leave to re-charge now & again. I’d be asked if I took as many breaks as Alice. Come on woman, you are an adult. Get up & write your very short stories. It cannot possibly be that hard.

I actually think she’s dragging out the HS comic because once it’s done & the TV series is done, what next?

by Anonymousreply 10November 5, 2022 7:56 PM

R9 I think saying she doesn't give a shit about the cast is a bit overdramatic - we don't have a clue what goes on behind the scenes. We see about 2% of what actually goes on. But I do wish something had been done or said sooner.

by Anonymousreply 11November 5, 2022 7:56 PM

*sacked not asked

by Anonymousreply 12November 5, 2022 7:56 PM

R7 Seems pretty legit. It fits the rumored plot of being basically an adaptation of the children’s crusade

by Anonymousreply 13November 5, 2022 7:59 PM

R6 So I guess it's almost confirmed that Joe will be playing Wiccan. Sucks for the Joe haters. He's gonna continue thriving.

by Anonymousreply 14November 5, 2022 8:02 PM

No self awareness at all. Like does she not realize that she is one of the reason as to why the fandom is considered to be toxic?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 5, 2022 8:06 PM

Mattyast2002 if you’re on here I think I love you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16November 5, 2022 8:08 PM

No offense, but stop posting the crazy girl

Though I enjoy Joe thriving and looking happy as hell with Bash while they they are still mad at Joe and hate Bash for living.

by Anonymousreply 17November 5, 2022 8:10 PM

My prediction is Alice had s3 mostly written, at least a detailed outline. Then Joe got this Marvel job and politely informed Alice he won’t do a s4. Alice said before they think it will take four seasons to tell the whole story. So they have to figure out how to rework everything to wrap up all the existing subplots at the end of s3. They have time to do it, but it’s likely stressful. This would also explain why Alice is currently not showing much support for Joe.

by Anonymousreply 18November 5, 2022 8:10 PM

r7 It’s not from any reputable leaker, so treat it as a possibility for now.

by Anonymousreply 19November 5, 2022 8:13 PM

Joe signed on to Heartstopper as a complete nobody. He is not going to have the power to inform Netflix that he just doesn't feel like doing a 4th season. The contract he signed would not give him that kind of leverage. If Alice has known it would take 4 seasons to tell the story from the get-go, they would have all signed contracts for 4 seasons. They may be able to renegotiate for more money, but what Netflix will do is work with Joe's schedule because it's to their benefit that his profile grows. More importantly, there's likely no need for Joe to drop Heartstopper for Marvel because Marvel doesn't shoot projects with the same actors back-to-back. Heartstopper will be in first position on Joe's schedule until it's canceled or done.

by Anonymousreply 20November 5, 2022 8:20 PM

They never knew if there would be 4 seasons, in fact there are only 3 so far. I find it hard to believe they locked down the cast for 4 seasons not knowing if the show would be any sort of hit at all and never knowing if it would go past one season. Not saying I buy the Joe said he won't do S4, but I really just don't buy they have everyone in contracts for years to come. They went and signed something this summer at Patrick's office too. 4 season is Alice's wishful thinking anyway and might not matter since she's GRRM HS lately

And Marvel > Netflix. I think it'll take priority

by Anonymousreply 21November 5, 2022 8:27 PM

Joe likely already cleared the first scheduling hurdle, which is Agatha working out in between HS hiatuses if the third season shoots in the same timeframe as the second one. From then on his schedule is a bit of a mystery, since they may want to set up a couple of more Young Avengers before a team-up series or movie so he may have time to wrap up HS before that.

Alice did congratulate Joe on Instagram and Twitter. She’s always supportive for the positive stuff, it’s the negative stuff she goes ghost on.

by Anonymousreply 22November 5, 2022 8:27 PM

[quote]From then on his schedule is a bit of a mystery, since they may want to set up a couple of more Young Avengers before a team-up series or movie so he may have time to wrap up HS before that.

That's true. Hailee Steinfeld (Young Hawkeye) last shot for Marvel on April 2021 and there's nothing new on her slate yet.

by Anonymousreply 23November 5, 2022 8:35 PM

Re Alice: they’re catching minor heat on Twitter today. In a hilarious twist the two trans actors she casted (who DL jokes were almost Tumblr level fancasts; one has a feeding tube) are both white, so not diverse enough. Now woke HStwt is now critiquing how white the show is and that Alice needs to get writers of colour in the writers room to develop Tao, Elle, Tara, Sahar and the teachers more and should’ve made Elle’s friends POC. I actually think that critique (the first one ever aimed at her) is what’s making them get off Twitter, not love for kit and Joe and Bash / sadness at how they’re treated.

Honest to god Alice is lucky they haven’t gotten even .1% of the shit Joe constantly gets bc they would’ve died.

by Anonymousreply 24November 5, 2022 9:24 PM

R21 they likely optioned them for multiple seasons but will be cognizant that if Joe REALLy wants or has Marvel conflicts he can break the contract and just pay the price / burn the bridge. Agree with the others that they’ll likely go out of their way to be hugely flexible and accommodating re. Filming schedule and maybe even how big a role charlie is to make it work. I do think for all he seems done with the lunatic fans, he’s undoubtedly fond of his castmates and boyfriend so I can see him wanting to end it on a good note and finish it out. I wonder if bash will be back for S3 or S4 of the show; I can’t see how much longer his arc could be though who knows

by Anonymousreply 25November 5, 2022 9:29 PM

Bash and Joe with a fan today

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 5, 2022 9:31 PM

There’s literally a black trans character, a black lesbian, whatever nationality Will is, a fat Asian, a gay Asian .. seriously?! Even Bash is half Greek. I think it’s pretty representative of a school in Britain in terms of ethnicity. The amount of queer characters is laughable though.

by Anonymousreply 27November 5, 2022 9:32 PM

R24 Yeah, I read the white trans characters will make Elle not special anymore. So basically whining there are too many trans (DL would agree with hstwt!). It's def not about Joe, Bash or Kit but people calling out Alice. Weirdly she never got this upset about all the Ben diatribes that he wasn't needed in the story and Netflix was forcing her to employ Bash.

R26 Truly living their best domestic life while the people who hate them screech on twitter. Feels good

by Anonymousreply 28November 5, 2022 9:35 PM

R27 I think the one valid point they make is that it is annoying to keep adding random new characters to the show without developing any of the side characters at all. I want the story to stay Nick and Charlie centric because I think Joe and Kit are the best young actors; but after that it is probably true that it’s pointless to have the side lesbian couple and trans/cis couple if you do nothing with them. I wouldn’t mind the Tori and David fighting scenes because Jenny is solid and funny; even the teacher was good last season and his love story might be decent. But then adding two trans friends for Elle, inexplicably an asexual aromantic storyline for isaac, etc is getting a bit absurd. Either Nick and Charlie are getting shafted story wise (which I doubt Netflix would allow - they know their fanbase) or there’s pretty minimal development for a lot of the existing side characters

by Anonymousreply 29November 5, 2022 9:37 PM

Hstwt and even Alice needs a reality check. Most of the people who be watching the show watch it only for Nick and Charlie. No one cares about all these side characters and if they are developed or not.

I mean just take a look at this. This is the result of Kit's coming out and Joe's Marvel news. Shows who and what storyline people be tuning in for.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30November 5, 2022 9:40 PM

DL is probably not the best place to get into it but there are some things in Alice’s writing of the characters of color where you can really tell it’s a white person writing them so a sensitivity reader or something wouldn’t hurt. But her response to criticism is to retreat so I’m not holding my breath. The cast itself is balanced, though, so I have no real issue there. And I’d be surprised if the two trans characters amounted to anything more than window dressing.

by Anonymousreply 31November 5, 2022 9:42 PM

There are around 10 new characters. I'd guess these friends are around for a couple minutes in whatever art storyline they are doing

by Anonymousreply 32November 5, 2022 9:44 PM

r30 I can’t even feel bad about Kit and Joe drawing so much more attention than the others because they’re much better actors. Deserved.

by Anonymousreply 33November 5, 2022 9:50 PM

R33 they’re also (especially Joe) just more charismatic interviewers. Will, Yaz, Cori and Kizzy aren’t bad per se but Kit does come off quite thoughtful about the show and Joe is incredibly charming and passionate about the show in interviews. Some of the others (bash and Tobie Junp to mind) also likely have the charisma to pitch the show well but it really rested both on Joe and Kits acting but also their PR abilities.

by Anonymousreply 34November 5, 2022 9:58 PM

Nick & Charlie are together now. That’s their story done in terms of falling of love. You can’t make 3 more seasons just about them. Central to the storyline, yes. But side characters are needed to keep the show moving. It might work in a comic but it’d be boring on TV. Even if the new characters are background, who cares. It keeps the story more realistic & adds layers.

by Anonymousreply 35November 5, 2022 10:06 PM

I mean, it's not like this show is Succession or something. I'm fine with the bulk of it now being Charlie's mental health struggles and Nick's angst with his family and them supporting each other through it. Let Joe and Kit stretch their acting muscles.

by Anonymousreply 36November 5, 2022 10:15 PM

Yeah, one of the things I really enjoy about Heartstopper is that it isn’t filled with unnecessary drama - a lot of it is just Nick and Charlie being sweet and loved up, without loads of sudden soap-like twists and turns. It’s wholesome and fairly slow moving, which works. I think there’s plenty of Nick/Charlie stuff to pad out the next season.

by Anonymousreply 37November 6, 2022 12:05 AM

Kit sighting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38November 6, 2022 12:15 AM

I can’t imagine running into him this week, I would honestly just leave him alone.

by Anonymousreply 39November 6, 2022 12:23 AM

I do just wanna give the guy a hug.

by Anonymousreply 40November 6, 2022 12:26 AM

That's the same girl who met Joe and Bash isn't it? She looks like it. Gimme the HQ picture of them now

by Anonymousreply 41November 6, 2022 12:39 AM

I think it is R41, or the sister from the video.

by Anonymousreply 42November 6, 2022 12:41 AM

Yep, they all went to see Fisayo Akinade in The Crucible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43November 6, 2022 12:43 AM

So Kit was with Joe and Bash? Or she just happened to meet them separately on the same day?

by Anonymousreply 44November 6, 2022 12:44 AM

R38 Poor kid looks exhausted, unsurprisingly.

by Anonymousreply 45November 6, 2022 12:46 AM

I can’t tell if that’s Will walking up with Kit but I’m sure people will pop up and ask for details when the video circulates.

by Anonymousreply 46November 6, 2022 12:47 AM

It's Will. Joe, Bash, Will and Kit. Bash is wearing green pants

by Anonymousreply 47November 6, 2022 12:48 AM

hacked_off_hedgie on Instagram.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48November 6, 2022 1:02 AM

Are we sure Will was there? He isn’t in any of the photos or mentioned at all.

by Anonymousreply 49November 6, 2022 1:07 AM

R49 you can see him next to kit in the TikTok

by Anonymousreply 50November 6, 2022 1:09 AM

Would love to see Kit doing a play again.

by Anonymousreply 51November 6, 2022 1:11 AM

Nobody cares about Will for the most part

by Anonymousreply 52November 6, 2022 1:16 AM

I would think teenage girls would love him, he’s really striking-looking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53November 6, 2022 1:20 AM

r48 Oh god that IG. It's all hedgehogs and then a wild Kit. Good for you hedgehog lady

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54November 6, 2022 1:20 AM

Kit and the others all seem fine and in decent spirits. Glad they could go out and do something fun. Guessing Joe and bash may have done something separate beforehand (a dinner?) given how much more formally they’re dressed

by Anonymousreply 55November 6, 2022 1:25 AM

I'm used to the "dress up for the theatre" attitude so I didn't even register Joe and Bash's outfits as being unusual.

by Anonymousreply 56November 6, 2022 1:27 AM

don't remember seeing them quite that dressed up when they've gone before. Either way, they went home and changed.

I think people are projecting a bit on Kit. I'm sure it wasn't the best feeling in the world but he seems like he's in good enough spirits to go out.

by Anonymousreply 57November 6, 2022 1:31 AM

Looks like Kit has a new ring, his usual is always on the right hand. I’ve always been enamored with it for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 58November 6, 2022 2:08 AM

Is the ring-wearing a Gen Z thing for men? Seems like the new trend.

by Anonymousreply 59November 6, 2022 2:20 AM

A Nick/Kit sign at Argentina’s Pride.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60November 6, 2022 2:26 AM

R59 Yeah, pretty much. Seems like jewelry in general in popular with the youths

by Anonymousreply 61November 6, 2022 2:35 AM

R55 ‘Kit and the others all seem fine’… I hope so but that’s quite an assumption from two fan photos (where they’re gonna smile politely no matter how they’re feeling). Glad they’re out and about, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 62November 6, 2022 7:56 AM

R62 I mean fine in the sense that they’re not in the midst of a severe depressive episode. I’m sure there might be some lingering frustration and upset from everything that went down but I imagine the very large outpouring of support both from friends/cast/family and from other industry professionals has helped to an extent. Agree with r57 that theres a line between “that coming out experience Wasn’t great” and “a week later I’m still highly depressed”.

Seems like whoever joked that Joe pulled his signature “yanking bash out of there” move might’ve been spot on - this person says he saw them but only took a photo with Kit and Will. Quite funny but those self preservation tactics will serve him well with Marvel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63November 6, 2022 9:44 AM

Ha, I don’t think Will knows how to take a photo with a fan without doing the peace sign.

by Anonymousreply 64November 6, 2022 9:52 AM

And that's a problem?

by Anonymousreply 65November 6, 2022 10:14 AM

It was a lighthearted comment - I don’t remember having a tantrum about it.

by Anonymousreply 66November 6, 2022 10:18 AM

Seems that someone else met the cast, but their tweets are locked unfortunately.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67November 6, 2022 10:55 AM

Kit/Will and Bash/Joe were sat separately last night but you can spot them here (Bash wearing green trousers):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68November 6, 2022 11:20 AM

R68 Ha, strange - I guess they couldn’t find four seats together, or booked separately.

by Anonymousreply 69November 6, 2022 11:41 AM

R68 the two couples jk

by Anonymousreply 70November 6, 2022 11:48 AM

I do think it's interesting that we never really see sightings of Will and Kit together in public, cos I feel like they do hang out a fair bit - but it's probably mostly round each other's houses or locally in Croydon (and weirdly, no one ever seems to spot Kit in Croydon).

by Anonymousreply 71November 6, 2022 1:03 PM

R71 there is definitely a difference between fan sightings and familiar sightings. I expect Joe Joe was stopped all the time on IOM shortly after the show came out, but it was by people who vaguely knew him and wanted to congratulate him. Those people are far less likely to post about it online. It’s probably somewhat similar for Kit in Croydon. If his neighbors see him walking down the street, they’re unlikely to as for a selfie.

by Anonymousreply 72November 6, 2022 1:11 PM

Kit's IMDB is showing that he's voiced two other games - I didn't know about these. One is 2022 so may not be released yet, but one is from 2020. He seems to enjoy the voice acting stuff!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73November 6, 2022 2:07 PM

R72 I think that’s a really good point about “hometown” boys and vibes. Bash and Joe traipse all over IOM and are certainly the most famous people there and get next to no pictures taken; would make sense that the same is true of the places Kit lives and goes to (especially if he’s a creature of habit; if you’ve been going to the same restaurant and shops your whole life they won’t suddenly treat you differently because you’re in a Netflix show).

by Anonymousreply 74November 6, 2022 2:25 PM

I’ve swung around to enjoying this crew member in a way. His dramatic little flounces and jealousy of Joe are funny

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75November 6, 2022 4:17 PM

Why is this thread entitled Heartstopper when it’s really just the Joe and Kit fan club page?

by Anonymousreply 76November 6, 2022 4:48 PM

R76 post about the others then

by Anonymousreply 77November 6, 2022 4:54 PM

R75, staying away from Twitter but has posted something most days... He's so dramatic lol, I know what you mean though, sort of weirdly endearing

by Anonymousreply 78November 6, 2022 5:08 PM

I can't imagine why the gay and bi male leads of the show, both of who had incredibly notable weeks, are the ones being discussed the most on here.

by Anonymousreply 79November 6, 2022 5:41 PM

Maybe we’ve exhausted discussing the comic books or the actual series, or the plot machinations and there’s nothing left to talk about until the new season comes out, except the actors.

by Anonymousreply 80November 6, 2022 5:46 PM

The comic isn't that interesting in the first place, so not a whole lot to discuss anyway. Mostly interested in what the actors do after they get out of this hell fandom since I think a lot of them are going to do well.

by Anonymousreply 81November 6, 2022 6:05 PM

R81 I think Joe, Kit, Yaz and Bash will all do very well and wouldn’t be surprised at all to see Will break out as well. “Worst case” fhe others will continue being able to be working actors for at least a few years

by Anonymousreply 82November 6, 2022 6:26 PM

I completely agree is R82. In a decade Joe, Kit, Yaz , and Bash will all be established B-list actors (If Joe’s Wiccan, he may be A-list). The rest of the cast will continue to get supporting roles if they want to keep acting, but will stay mostly unknown.

by Anonymousreply 83November 6, 2022 6:31 PM

I think Kit will end up being A-list - he prefers films to TV so he’ll probably be aiming for the big guns. He just has some sort of special quality that will take him far.

I get the impression that Will doesn’t really aim for the big roles (at least at the moment) and would prefer to fly under the radar a little with niche projects and his music.

by Anonymousreply 84November 6, 2022 6:47 PM

R84 what I can weirdly see for Will is him landing a role in some tv show that ends up being long running and semi cult status (not like supernatural re subject matter but re fanbase). Devoted fans; not crazy difficult material; gives him a lot of time and money to pursue his music

by Anonymousreply 85November 6, 2022 6:59 PM

I genuinely can’t say whether Tobie is a good actor or not his 4 lines in S1 don’t really give a lot to go off. Maybe S2 will give a better idea as to whether he’s gonna go places

by Anonymousreply 86November 6, 2022 7:16 PM

R86 to be honest, with the others it’s less a matter of talent and more a matter of the industry. I think Jenny is genuinely funny and talented and Cori had promise. Agreed no clue re Tobie’s potential but he doesn’t have the “look” or the breakout role to land him something massive unless he’s a once in a lifetime talent I think. For all people shit on Joe’s looks he is really beautiful on screen and has a distinct look, plus is a genuinely good actor. Kit is very traditional teen heartthrob, Yaz is very striking and attractive plus black and trans, and Bash and Will are really striking and attractive.

by Anonymousreply 87November 6, 2022 7:25 PM

Anything can happen, but Joe and Kit are the two that feel like they have that little extra je ne sais quoi and who I can easily see being the most successful.

by Anonymousreply 88November 6, 2022 7:33 PM

I think Bash will have a break out role soon. He's charming and good-looking.

I think Kit, Joe, Bash and Yaz will be the most successful. Yaz might be a bit limited in that her acting is not all that great though.

by Anonymousreply 89November 6, 2022 7:43 PM

R89 I think Yaz will do well in the fashion niche. Striking, thin, confident, etc. she’ll likely be one of those girls who never has some Oscar-type role but does well with fashion houses.

Joe will get way more name recognition being in marvel. The fans on Twitter are already saying they’re worried it’ll stymie his career - I don’t think they realize how few roles are out there for 19 year old openly gay tiny men and that any member of the cast would’ve killed for this opportunity. Getting more well known and making bank so he can lead indie movies is his best route to a “serious” acting career. Also having seen him in his play this past summer, the dark humour thing worked really well for him and I have high hopes for the show. He’s also lucky being (as far as we know) the one teen and youngest on set; the others will likely look after him and be able to give him good advice and guidance

by Anonymousreply 90November 6, 2022 7:49 PM

If Joe is Wiccan, he’s got to put the performance of his life in that show. As Wanda’s son, he can get some of her popularity and built his own from there. His character got lots of potential. He’s got a popular character as his mom, a good arc, a potential (if disney doesn’t fucks it up) love story with hulkling/teddy and amazing super powers.

Kit and Bash got the looks and talents to succeed but I think they need to be careful to be typecasted a la Noah Centineo as the rom com guy that then fades away. I think that’s a bigger problem for Kit and he knows it because he has said he would like to play a villain or something different so I trust he’d do the best for his career.

by Anonymousreply 91November 6, 2022 7:52 PM

Alice more or less confirming she quit Twitter over critique about HS / her and not the shit Joe Bash Kit etc have gone through. She seems intolerable

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92November 6, 2022 8:00 PM

Alice is a millionaire by now with a successful book and show. She’s also a grown ass woman please. If I were them, I would be laughing at home and enjoying my money.

by Anonymousreply 93November 6, 2022 8:02 PM

Seriously can't wait for the cast to get away from her. Imagine having a professional show runner who doesn't whine about themselves constantly. Someone save Euros too.

by Anonymousreply 94November 6, 2022 8:03 PM

She posted this right before she deleted as well. Judging by the timing, I think it was precipitated by people expressing concern about so many new characters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95November 6, 2022 8:11 PM

She also posted this when Kit came out. WHY can’t she say it anywhere else?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96November 6, 2022 8:12 PM

At the Donmar at 30 event (via cdbaring2021).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97November 6, 2022 8:17 PM

Donmar at 30.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98November 6, 2022 8:17 PM

Joe looks so handsome there ☺️🥰

by Anonymousreply 99November 6, 2022 8:18 PM

(Bash is there as well but he was posted in his thread already and didn't want to spam.)

by Anonymousreply 100November 6, 2022 8:21 PM

Joe’s glow up is insane. I thought he was adorable S1 but he’s looking so good now.

by Anonymousreply 101November 6, 2022 8:26 PM

R96 Because she doesn't want any sort of feedback or criticism.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102November 6, 2022 8:26 PM

R101 I think part of it is he’s also learning his better angles for photos

by Anonymousreply 103November 6, 2022 8:33 PM

R96 She could have said it ages ago. The fact that Kit had to endure this shit for a solid year is shameful.

by Anonymousreply 104November 6, 2022 8:34 PM

Wow, that’s interesting with Alice’s tumblr… seems to be a place under the radar where she feels safe to say things. Worth keeping an eye on.

Also, I feel like the cast and crew just need to wake up to the fact that they need to quit Twitter entirely. It isn’t going to suddenly become less toxic and they’re dropping like flies.

by Anonymousreply 105November 6, 2022 8:38 PM

R104 I mean to be honest there’s a lot they’ve failed the whole cast on. The amount of cyber bullying has been insane. The kit stuff is obvious but while people have mentioned it in passing it’s not even funny how badly Joe has legitimately shitkicked re his looks since before the show. ugly hasn’t been out of his searches since April. Couple that with Cori being accused of transphobia for accidentally calling Kizzy she, and Bash with the JD stuff - I think Alice is just a self centered cunt.

by Anonymousreply 106November 6, 2022 8:40 PM

Meanwhile, Bash and Will were probably standing to the side awkwardly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107November 6, 2022 11:29 PM

No bona fide stars have emerged from Dawsons Creek, a somewhat similar show, and although Michelle Williams has several Oscar nominations there really are no breakouts.

by Anonymousreply 108November 6, 2022 11:37 PM

Michelle Williams is an A-list prestige actress. Katie Holmes did pretty well until she focused on being a single mom. Joshua Jackson still does well. The days of bonafide A-listers like those of yesteryear are over. The last old school A-list breakout was Jennifer Lawrence. IPs matter more.

Joe's already hitching his wagon to Marvel's IP and Kit's in talks with them. They know what they need to do.

by Anonymousreply 109November 6, 2022 11:47 PM

Someone brought up IMDb earlier and I just noticed that Kit and Joe both got bumps on the Star Meter this week. Kit went up 3,764 spots and is in the top 500 now, Joe went up a whopping 11,410 spots and is in the top 5,000 now. Can’t see their specific placement beyond that, would need IMDb Pro.

by Anonymousreply 110November 7, 2022 3:47 AM

Circling back to the show, I think they did a good job casting Nick's dad. I can see a lot of facial similarities between Thibault and Kit. The actor who plays David looks more like Olivia Coleman, so I think they look like realistic family unit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111November 7, 2022 3:53 AM

They didn’t even have to change his grooming for the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112November 7, 2022 4:44 AM

How do we know Kits in talks with Marvel? Isn’t that just some kinda fanfic idea he’ll be by Joes side forever? I hope for Joes sake he isn’t in this film, they don’t come as a pair. They both need to spread their wings away from HS & not be constantly associated with it. Joint casting them would be dreadful. The HS tweens would be insufferable. They’d never escape it & Joes big moment would be overshadowed. I hope Kit finds an equal cool but separate next project.

by Anonymousreply 113November 7, 2022 7:16 AM

Not a "fanfic idea," one of the Marvel scoopers mentioned it last week.

by Anonymousreply 114November 7, 2022 7:22 AM

Maybe now that Kit came out as bi and they'll probably both be working and living in the States soon, they can start dating. Its pretty obvious that they fancy each other. Shippers dreams may still come true.

by Anonymousreply 115November 7, 2022 8:01 AM

R115 bash and joe’s apartment sure is lonely without Kit spooning joe in their bed

by Anonymousreply 116November 7, 2022 8:06 AM

If Kit is in talks with Marvel, maybe it's to play a different role instead of Hulkling?

From a money and marketing standpoint, it makes great business sense to cast Joe and Kit as Wiccan and Hulking and tap into that HS fanbase, which would implode if they were both cast opposite each other again as lovers in a Marvel franchise. The tidal wave of publicity and new fans who would be willing to shell out money just to see them would be insane.

But from a career perspective, I'm not sure it would be the best move. The whole point of building a career is to diversify your portfolio of work, but this casting would solidify Joe and Kit as a pair for a very long time.

On the other hand, like others have said, there are no A-lister anymore. It's all about getting attached to these mainstream franchises, like DC or Marvel. If Kit honestly had the opportunity to be in Marvel, even as Hulkling, that would be a really difficult opportunity to turn down as a young actor. For all the risk involved with him being typecast with Joe, it could just as well open up a world of new opportunities he never would be able to access.

If Kit honestly has been offered the role of Hulkling, I don't envy his position. That is a tough call to make.

by Anonymousreply 117November 7, 2022 8:09 AM

What’s a Marvel scooper?!

by Anonymousreply 118November 7, 2022 8:19 AM

I don’t think he’s in for hulkling. The casting call for the character that people believe is him was just like the Wiccan one where they asked for openly Lgbt+ actors. Kit came out way after that, the casting calls were from late june. If he truly is in talks with marvel, it’s for something else or maybe he auditioned for something and didn’t get it.

by Anonymousreply 119November 7, 2022 8:20 AM

[quote]The casting call for the character that people believe is him was just like the Wiccan one where they asked for openly Lgbt+ actors. Kit came out way after that, the casting calls were from late june.

Maybe Kit came out because he was officially cast as Hulkling. Maybe he told the casting director he was LGBT+ when he auditioned, but didn't want to come out publicly until he secured the role?

Once he officially was cast, he then came out, knowing full well he'd have to given they were casting for openly queer actors, and also to get the queerbaiting trolls off his back.

This is just my tin foil hate conspiracy speculation. I don't honestly think this is true or that he's even been cast as Hulkling, but it's fun to speculate.

by Anonymousreply 120November 7, 2022 8:32 AM

You know I actually have this crazy theory as well that’s similar but with a different outcome. I think that maybe Marvel did want one but only one of the heartstopper boys for the Wiccan-Hulkling pairing but ended up picking Joe because he’s openly gay and they didn’t want to deal with the queerbaiting allegations around Kit. It looks like they got the confirmation from marvel about the role around this time, so as soon as Kit knew, he got mad and came out.

by Anonymousreply 121November 7, 2022 8:40 AM

Both theories are a stretch.

I honestly don't think Kit came out to secure a Marvel role or because he was mad he lost a Marvel role due to not being out.

I'm still fascinated though why Kit decided to come out when he did. It was so random. Was it strictly out of impulse? Or was it a very calculated decision, timed around mysterious circumstances?

This kid definitely knows how to keep the rumor mill going.

by Anonymousreply 122November 7, 2022 8:50 AM

Considering how random it was, I would think something big happened that triggered that reaction from him BUT considering it’s not the first time he randomly tweets things like that, I think that maybe he’s just dramatic and did it out of impulse.

by Anonymousreply 123November 7, 2022 8:54 AM

Those theories sure are stupid. Why would kit come out to millions of people just for a role? And is it that hard to believe that joe got the role bc he’s talented? There is no deeper meaning here, Kit didn’t want to come out but eventually felt the need to, and joe’s hidden talent for acting landed him a very significant character in the mcu. That’s it.

by Anonymousreply 124November 7, 2022 9:05 AM

I think Kit’s coming out was as simple as, he’s been getting queerbaiting accusations for months and it’s really been affecting him (hence leaving Twitter), and then it spread to Instagram/he potentially went back on Twitter after the Joe/Bash drama and saw the hashtag about getting him fired from the show. I very much doubt it’s job related.

by Anonymousreply 125November 7, 2022 10:31 AM

[quote]But from a career perspective, I'm not sure it would be the best move. The whole point of building a career is to diversify your portfolio of work, but this casting would solidify Joe and Kit as a pair for a very long time.

You guys are overestimating 1) the amount of people who watched Heartstopper and 2) the effect them playing a pairing again would have.

[quote]I'm still fascinated though why Kit decided to come out when he did. It was so random. Was it strictly out of impulse? Or was it a very calculated decision, timed around mysterious circumstances?

He's been vocally affected by the queerbaiting accusations for half a year and the trolling had escalated, how do people still think it was random?

by Anonymousreply 126November 7, 2022 11:15 AM

They were also commenting on Maia's Instagram posts, can't imagine that went down very well with him

by Anonymousreply 127November 7, 2022 11:15 AM

R126 I'd guess they mean the time he did it. It was nearly midnight.

R127 One would assume. Maia's gotten an excessive amount of hate lately. While the Joe and Bash drama was going on, she was being called a slut in other parts of twitter because of those hotel lobby pictures. Then people used those pictures to hate on Kit and start the dumb hashtag. Seems like it all must have been related and has been building up for awhile, over a year of accusations.

Eventually a person will reach their breaking point. I really don't see it as random or for a role or because he was upset about a role.

by Anonymousreply 128November 7, 2022 11:54 AM

Kit and Will at the Donmar yesterday

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129November 7, 2022 2:11 PM

And Joe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130November 7, 2022 2:11 PM

Will looks straight out of the 80s.

by Anonymousreply 131November 7, 2022 2:57 PM

I can’t wait to see in a year everybody thirsting over Joe. He’s learning how to pose and he will get the marvel glow up.

by Anonymousreply 132November 7, 2022 3:00 PM

Joe really looked the best this night. Whoever did that to Bash should apologize.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133November 7, 2022 3:01 PM

R133 Joe’s stylist killed it. bash’s look came prestyled from Acme like that. To be fair I liked the shirt but the fit of the pants is criminal. He’s super attractive and pulls almost everything off so I don’t understand why they did him so dirty.

by Anonymousreply 134November 7, 2022 3:03 PM

Also realize Joe must have turned off tagging on twitter.

by Anonymousreply 135November 7, 2022 3:09 PM

Bash has always been very camp. When he dresses himself his outfits are even more over the top. I really like Joe’s new stylist, he’s had several great looks recently. The pictures in R133 don’t show Kizzy very clearly, but they had one of my favorite outfits for this event.

by Anonymousreply 136November 7, 2022 3:10 PM

R135 How do you mean?

by Anonymousreply 137November 7, 2022 3:11 PM

R135 he did; when he came back to Twitter he turned off people being able to tag him in photos and his DMs, and turned off the ability to reply to his IG stories. Probably both because of the drama re his liking innocuous tweets supporting his boyfriend and that he anticipated people would be dicks re the Marvel casting. Smart to avoid seeing most of the hate that way

by Anonymousreply 138November 7, 2022 3:14 PM

Joe has definitely had some coaching and is learning his angles He’s genuinely gorgeous on video but has suffered from not always photographing well and not knowing how to pose and there’s been a clear change in how he’s holding himself and smiling in the last few appearances

by Anonymousreply 139November 7, 2022 3:18 PM

I still don't know what is the true shape of Kit's eyes. In some pictures and videos his eyes are kind of small and in other they are bigger.

by Anonymousreply 140November 7, 2022 3:19 PM

R140 he probably has hooded eyes; depending on the angle they can look heavily lidded and smaller or pretty standard / open.

by Anonymousreply 141November 7, 2022 3:22 PM

Bash went from one of the better dressed to the worst dressed in the span of a couple of months.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142November 7, 2022 4:09 PM

R142 to be fair he clearly did not choose that look and even he couldn’t pretend it looked good during the Instagram takeover for the show. His casual fashion has stayed good. Here’s hoping the HTDBW tour is better

by Anonymousreply 143November 7, 2022 4:11 PM

R142 you can’t fully judge what people wear to JW Anderson fashion shows. This is the same designer who made Kit wear the drain shirt.

by Anonymousreply 144November 7, 2022 4:11 PM

Bash looked great last night (from what we've seen), at the play the night before and his casual style this weekend. He should just dress himself.

by Anonymousreply 145November 7, 2022 4:15 PM

From Saturday night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146November 7, 2022 4:31 PM

R146 Aww, Fisayo Akinade (Mr Ajayi) is there too.

by Anonymousreply 147November 7, 2022 4:58 PM

Surprised that Joe was the one to wait for Kit and not the one to haul ass away from the fans immediately.

by Anonymousreply 148November 7, 2022 5:48 PM

Don't really think Joe cares if Kit takes pictures with fans. Joe's nice with fans despite the jokes. Just seems like maybe he doesn't always want to deal with it when he's out, usually with the person who can strike up a random conversation with fans judging by fan accounts.

by Anonymousreply 149November 7, 2022 5:59 PM

I didn't mean that Joe would mind Kit taking pictures, I mean that I assumed Joe would run to avoid being wrangled in by fans.

by Anonymousreply 150November 7, 2022 6:00 PM

Joe seems to be okay with the “normal” fans; people who he’d bump into randomly at a theatre production unrelated to HS for instance, who might ask for a pic or congratulate him on Marvel but aren’t the strange diehards showing him their HS tattoos or regaling him with their coming out stories. If he’d been at a Baby Queen show or something really tied to Heartstopper I do think he’d haul ass out of there and can’t blame him

by Anonymousreply 151November 7, 2022 6:07 PM

Yeah, I get you. Btu Kit's already in the process or doing it. Randomly they don't seem too interested in anyone but Kit either

by Anonymousreply 152November 7, 2022 6:08 PM

R147 Fisayo was acting in the play they all went to see. My guess is they were allowed to wait somewhere less public and away from fans while Fisayo changed, then they all went out for drinks together afterwards. That’s why Joe was still there. Also why there were only a couple fans around, not a larger group.

by Anonymousreply 153November 7, 2022 6:10 PM

R153 Probably. The person who saw them there said they all left together from inside. I'm guessing they came out from the same place and Kit got seen by those few fans since nobody but Joe notices. But as long as you keep it short and sweet, I think it's fine. You don't gotta give them your life story.

by Anonymousreply 154November 7, 2022 6:16 PM

I hadn’t realized that Saturday was closing night of the play, sweet of them to go see Fisayo that night.

by Anonymousreply 155November 7, 2022 6:24 PM

It looked like someone else was trying to catch Kit's attention after the first photo but they were making a polite but swift exit, haha. Kit seemed to be smiling anyway, which is nice.

by Anonymousreply 156November 7, 2022 6:27 PM

Love this clip of the cast of Rocketman (including baby Kit) getting a standing ovation - Kit is definitely tearing up when they’re all cheering for him. Also his mum is in the background which I hadn’t noticed before.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157November 7, 2022 8:05 PM

I wonder if Kit now regrets going so public with Maia. So much happened so quickly once their relationship got out into the open. Did Kit underestimate how much hassle they’d both get, or did he not care at the time.

by Anonymousreply 158November 7, 2022 8:55 PM

R113 I wouldn’t be surprised if Kit has a big role to be announced soon. In that interview he did back in the summer it sounded like he’d been signed up for something but was sworn to secrecy and there was lots of speculation then about Marvel. Maybe they’re staggering announcements to allow time for things to cool down for him.

by Anonymousreply 159November 7, 2022 9:01 PM

R159 Yeah, he talked about being very excited about what's coming up in 'the next few years' at least... I reckon there's at least one big thing still to be announced. Could well be Marvel.

by Anonymousreply 160November 7, 2022 9:04 PM

If it’s marvel great; just hope it’s not Wiccan and Hulkling together. Don’t know a tonne of marvel canon or who else might be spun out but while I think them continuing to act together would be great, I’d like Joe to get a chance to establish himself solo as HS is currently his only filmed project while Kit has a bigger body of work. And also allow both to be established as semi solo actors instead of always an onscreen couple

by Anonymousreply 161November 7, 2022 9:07 PM

R161 I think there are big pluses and minuses for casting them as Wiccan and Hulkling - I'd personally love to see it and I know it would drive fans wild (in a good way) but admittedly it might have drawbacks. Joe would still have plenty of opportunities and roles going forward to establish himself as a solo actor though.

Kit's very serious about his career and I suspect that he might choose not to be paired with Joe again for fear of being typecast, but who knows.

by Anonymousreply 162November 7, 2022 9:11 PM

R146 Is Kit going for Joe's waist there? Don't blame him.

by Anonymousreply 163November 7, 2022 9:12 PM

R162 Nothing Joe's going to do will rival HS or Marvel in popularity. It'll be hard to establish himself outside of Kit if he again plays his love interest. Don't think it's great for Kit either, but at least he has other projects and a movie coming out.

Just would be nice for Joe to have a project of his own.

by Anonymousreply 164November 7, 2022 9:21 PM

This is so cool, I can’t wait for the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165November 7, 2022 9:30 PM

They're not even out of their teens yet, they're not going to wind up typecast if they play a couple again.

by Anonymousreply 166November 7, 2022 9:30 PM

If Joe's Wiccan he'll be playing the character for years to come.

by Anonymousreply 167November 7, 2022 9:32 PM

More info here:

“lead Kathryn Hahn, who is reprising her role as WandaVision bad gal Agatha Harkness, male lead Joe Locke, Aubrey Plaza, who is believed to be playing a villainous role, Ali Ahn and Maria Dizzia who I hear are playing witches” So it’s Joe, the coven and Aubrey as the villain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168November 7, 2022 9:33 PM

Yes, but the role will be staggered out and he'll be working in between that. Marvel doesn't do the golden handcuffs anymore.

by Anonymousreply 169November 7, 2022 9:34 PM

r168 I loved Sasheer on SNL, happy for her.

by Anonymousreply 170November 7, 2022 9:35 PM

At least 90% of the hate/toxicity Joe and Kit have received since HS came out have come from people who can’t separate the characters from the actors and want them to date in real life. All the hate Bash and Maia have received comes from Joe/Kit shippers who are mad they aren’t together.

Kit playing Hulking would be horrible casting and only people who are convinced Joe and Kit are Nick and Charlie want it to happen. Kit will get other jobs, they will be good jobs. Marvel isn’t going to cast him as Hulking just because annoying fangirls want to see it. Maybe he’ll get a different role in the MCU, or maybe he has something else coming up.

by Anonymousreply 171November 7, 2022 9:35 PM

If Joe’s Wiccan, he’s got at least decade in marvel. Wiccan is a founding member of the Young Avengers and that’s were the MCU is headed right now. Most of MCU new disney+ show have been steeping stones to build that.

by Anonymousreply 172November 7, 2022 9:39 PM

R168 I think it's saying Kathryn Hahn was the villain in WandaVision, but Aubrey Plaza is the villain here and Joe's the male lead. It's not saying he's the villain.

I'm guessing Audrey plays Agatha's child who gets genderbent and she along with the coven are the baddies trying to kill Agatha

by Anonymousreply 173November 7, 2022 9:40 PM

How does a random Kit fan account have 120k followers?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174November 7, 2022 9:40 PM

I can easily see Kit in Marvel; the thing is there are literally at this point hundreds of potential characters and properties being developed. Stand-alone limited series, films, longer running series, etc. - if kit continues this path it’s a when not an if, IMO, but Im not positive it’s Hulkling. (Watch it get leaked in a week that he’s in the show too…)

by Anonymousreply 175November 7, 2022 9:42 PM

[quote]Kit playing Hulking would be horrible casting and only people who are convinced Joe and Kit are Nick and Charlie want it to happen.

You repeating things doesn't make them true. Kit would absolutely be a great Hulkling and it's not only the fan girls that want them as Wiccan and Hulkling. I don't think it's going to wind up happening but the way people are straight up lying and having meltdowns over the mere possibility is hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 176November 7, 2022 9:44 PM

Yeah, also disagree that Kit would be “horrible casting.”

by Anonymousreply 177November 7, 2022 9:45 PM

There's a lot of casual people who want it for no other reason than because Nick and Charlie are cute, which is fine. Though I'd rather Joe have his own career outside of being Kit's sidekick

by Anonymousreply 178November 7, 2022 9:46 PM

From the Young Avengers, there’s only missing Hulkling and Iron lad but Iron lad will be black because an older version of him is in another show already. Obviously there’s millions of more characters but if he’s in Marvel, it will be in something else apart from the Young Avengers so he might barely meet with Joe there again.

by Anonymousreply 179November 7, 2022 9:47 PM

I agree, it’d be terrible to cast them as love interests again. They would be foolish to do it. Mostly because they’ll never get away from the insanity of HS if they do. They’ll be soul mates forever. It’s not horrible casting, it’s just not a good move for either of their careers. They are teen stars who are in one of the worst fandoms I’ve come across in my many years. They need to go their own way & find their feet, especially Joe.

Why is it a given Kit would do Marvel? I’ve literally never seen a Marvel movie..Couldn’t be less my vibe. There are loads of routes he could take, not just superhero movies 🤷🏼‍♀️

by Anonymousreply 180November 7, 2022 9:48 PM

Because Kit is a Marvel fan.

by Anonymousreply 181November 7, 2022 9:50 PM

I agree, I don’t want them cast again together. I want this to be Joe’s thing, he deserves to finally take the spotlight for himself.

by Anonymousreply 182November 7, 2022 9:54 PM

R180 it’s solid work for several years while also allowing relative flexibility to take other roles, get your name out to a huge audience, and rake in a good salary. I’ve seen maybe 3-4 marvel films but it makes total sense to take a role now - literal Oscar winners are signing on for these films.

by Anonymousreply 183November 7, 2022 9:54 PM

If they cast Kit they better cast Bash as Tommy, since that would at least be funny. The actor who did the leaked Tommy audition looked like Bash if were he weren't good-looking

by Anonymousreply 184November 7, 2022 10:01 PM

Bash and joe can’t be casted as twin brothers that’s weird as fuck

by Anonymousreply 185November 7, 2022 10:10 PM

I think we will know the plot by next week. Great cast, I can’t wait.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186November 7, 2022 10:14 PM

R185 Lots of people are fancasting it. Cracks me up

by Anonymousreply 187November 7, 2022 10:15 PM

Eric Andre is so funny. Never in my life would I have predicted that he would share the screen with joe but I’ll take what I can get.

by Anonymousreply 188November 7, 2022 10:21 PM

I must be blind, I can’t find the Eric Andre thing anywhere on Deadline.

by Anonymousreply 189November 7, 2022 10:30 PM

It's not there anywhere that I see either

by Anonymousreply 190November 7, 2022 10:33 PM

Okay, I checked the Wayback Machine, the archive of the article when it first went live included this (which has since been removed):

[quote]Additionally, I hear Eric André recently booked an episode of the show.

Weird.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191November 7, 2022 10:39 PM

Ah sounds like a cameo that maybe wasn't supposed to leak yet

by Anonymousreply 192November 7, 2022 10:42 PM

R146 Fisayo looks absolutely tiny next to Bash and Will in that video

by Anonymousreply 193November 8, 2022 1:42 AM

This is really cool for them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194November 8, 2022 7:22 AM

Ooh I haven’t read the interview yet but that’s an amazing photo of them.

by Anonymousreply 195November 8, 2022 7:38 AM

This is probably my favorite interview that either of them have done up to this point. A lot of lovely stuff.

by Anonymousreply 196November 8, 2022 7:41 AM

Toxicwine on Twitter is FINALLY locked out of their account, after multiple attempts. They’re one of the two main Kit trolls.

by Anonymousreply 197November 8, 2022 7:42 AM

These photos are so good. Joe has really started learning how to pose, he’s so striking looking. Glad he talked about the looks based bullying he gets. Also funny to see Bash’s obvious ass on Instagram (two pics of Joe and kit and then just a Joe solo shot)

by Anonymousreply 198November 8, 2022 7:44 AM

Some of the bits I personally found interesting:

[quote]The pair met face-to-face for the first time at Locke’s final audition in London. “Kit was aware I had no idea what I was doing,” Locke remembers, “and so he made me feel at ease.” Fast forward to today and, after months of filming and public engagements together, both are relaxed and confident. Locke jumps at the opportunity to try his first slot machine, and Connor and I watch on and stand guard, waiting for an attendant to pop up and pull us away from them. While their romance is palpable on-screen, in real life you could call their relationship more of a reliance, leaning in on each other like a two-person human triangle. They have the energy of two deeply trusting and platonic best friends.

[quote]Connor recognised Heartstopper’s significance on set, looking around at the predominantly queer cast and crew. The show, he says, “was for us and the representation we never had.”

[quote]“Social media is not a window into my soul at all… so [it] was the best decision of my life,” Connor says. Now he’s well known, people tend to invent narratives he can’t control. “In many ways it’s great, but as someone who’s in the public eye, if you look for people saying bad stuff about you, you’ll find it.” At times, he’d “almost” find himself seeking out the negativity. “You want to know what people are saying. Everyone wants to be liked, which is slightly heartbreaking when you’re in the position of someone like me or Joe.” (A few weeks after our interview, Connor went back onto Twitter to say: “I’m bi. Congrats for forcing an 18-year-old to out himself. I think some of you missed the point of the show. Bye.”)

[quote]The show’s success has brought unwanted intrusion on Locke’s side, too: he’s had to unfollow friends and family who were receiving messages from his fans; his mum has changed her name on Facebook after his baby photos were leaked online. Recently, the tabloids have started to hypothesise over who he might be dating. “The idea of a tabloid being interested in a teenager’s love life is really gross,” Locke says. “Someone making money out of rumours about who I – an 18-year-old boy – might be liking or talking to, it’s really gross and perverted.” His hands curl in on themselves, but he’s saying it now because he feels like it’s important: “I’m 18… I don’t know who I am yet.” They have each other, which helps. “Joe’s really been such a lifesaver in so many ways for me; as a support system and a friend to go through everything with,” Connor says. “I’ve tried to do the same for him,” Locke agrees, smiling. “I don’t think Kit really understands what an incredible person he is.”

[quote]Though it’s supposed to be hush-hush, Heartstopper season two is in its second week of shooting. Details are being kept watertight, but fans will be glad to know the show isn’t opting to shy away from the more, what Euros Lyn calls, “existential” themes of the source material. In it, Nick is expected to reckon with coming out to his schoolmates. Meanwhile, the minutiae of Charlie’s mental health problems come to the fore: owing to the secretive nature of his past relationships, he’s deeply insecure. Now, the gentlest TV show is dealing with issues of self-harm and disordered eating.

[quote]It’s a subject Locke can relate to. “I feel like everyone sees weaknesses and problems in their own bodies,” he adds. “[For me], they’ve been heightened in the last year because more people are seeing my face and seeing the things that I hate about myself.” He has learned to dissociate from reading people’s opinions on his appearance, like his ears. “I tried to convince my mum to get them pinned back. But I remember one day my friend [held them back] and was like, ‘Do you really want to look like that?’” He learned quickly that little things that once felt like big things to him cease to matter as soon as he switches off. “Now I really like my ears,” he smiles. “I think they’re a defining feature of me.”

by Anonymousreply 199November 8, 2022 7:53 AM

R199 Joe is super eloquent. They’re both good interviewers but him talking about how being gay was used for comedy and watching Call Me By Your Name was excellent. I’m glad GQ mentioned the bullying he got online; publications tend to focus on the Kit queerbaiting stuff (which of course was awful) and look past how much trolling Joe got.

Kit seemed to be pretty comfortable in this interview pre coming out blatantly including himself in the community. While feeling that pressure re the Tweet genuinely sucks I’m glad he did seem comfortable being known as queer prior to that at least and he wasn’t “forced out” fully, If that makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 200November 8, 2022 7:58 AM

Joe's at it again under Kit's post.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201November 8, 2022 8:02 AM

R201 Joe doesn’t give a fuck, he makes me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 202November 8, 2022 8:03 AM

Fashion bits for those of you interested in that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203November 8, 2022 8:22 AM

Find Joes comments about being 18 & not knowing who he is yet a bit weird. He’s openly gay & has pretty obviously been dating a boy for the past 18 months. I feel like he def knows who he is in that sense. Maybe he’s going to dump Bash & start dating woman just to be sure soon.

by Anonymousreply 204November 8, 2022 8:35 AM

R204 the ellipses usually indicate something has been cut out to make the quote flow. To be fair I think it’s valid to think that (in the context of the DM article) when you’re 18 and at a concert with your boyfriend and being a bit cuddly, a 40 something year old woman taking iPhone pics of you two to sell to the Daily Mail is invasive and creepy in a way it might not be if he was 28.

by Anonymousreply 205November 8, 2022 8:37 AM

Well yes, I agree with the media stuff but him saying he doesn’t know who he is yet in terms of speculation about his boyfriend is a bit odd.

by Anonymousreply 206November 8, 2022 8:43 AM

‘The show was for us and the representation we never had…’ Very open admission of queerness from Kit there!

by Anonymousreply 207November 8, 2022 8:45 AM

I think you’re reading too much into a chopped up quote in the context of a longer conversation. He and Bash are clearly happy, strong and committed for their age, I very much doubt he’s implying he has doubts in that regard.

by Anonymousreply 208November 8, 2022 8:46 AM

Ha, I wouldn’t have expected Joe to be the one with the strong bowling game. Nice.

by Anonymousreply 209November 8, 2022 9:04 AM

Bless Joe and the ears thing - that takes real strength of character.

It sounds like Joe can let the criticism wash over him a little better than Kit - who really needs to stop seeking out the criticism as he said in the interview. Fits perfectly with his sudden coming out on Twitter when he was reading the trolls’ comments.

by Anonymousreply 210November 8, 2022 9:14 AM

So, I am normally much more attracted to Kit than Joe. Just personal preference. But, in these photos Joe looks stunning!!

by Anonymousreply 211November 8, 2022 9:20 AM

Joe's eloquent, but re: the dating question, he probably doesn't really know how to answer the question very well. They avoid actually mentioning who he's speculated on dating, which is interesting. So they are being a bit kind in the interview. He joked about the DM in other parts of the interview and it's been obvious that whole situation bothered him quite a bit. Anyway, probably can't avoid it forever since in the entertainment industry being a teen isn't going to stop the press from digging into your personal life.

by Anonymousreply 212November 8, 2022 9:36 AM

R212 I thought that bit was interesting too. To be fair, it’s also dragging Bash into it without his presence / “consent” if they name who it is or even say “Heartstopper costar”, and I think the writer had enough sense to know it would undermine the purpose of “the media making money speculating on me is weird” to then include the source of speculation. Does kind of further what my guess has been all along, that their “coming out” as a couple will be quite low key and not super media friendly; most likely showing up at one of their premieres together or something.

by Anonymousreply 213November 8, 2022 9:39 AM

R213 I agree. I actually think he's in a pretty good place that he can joke about the DM and he's not exactly subtle with Bash walking around arm in arm even if at events they do keep a distance. I don't really think he's on edge all the time trying to hide his relationship and he didn't deny it, but would like people not to be creeps about it, which is fair. Like you said, the best thing would just to eventually go to some non-HS related event together and end speculation. I like them because of this, but they aren't the most interesting couple in the world, as in they aren't hanging in clubs and parties, but going shopping and to plays, so I don't think any interest in them would actually last all that long.

It's better to do it yourself than let the press make money off an invasive moment.

by Anonymousreply 214November 8, 2022 10:29 AM

R211 I think Joe's styling is better. Kit looks good though. Actually I feel Joe could model and do runway if he were a lot taller. He's got a striking look, good body and pulls off interesting clothes well.

by Anonymousreply 215November 8, 2022 11:05 AM

It cracks me up that last week everyone took the time to repost Yaz's cover, including Joe and the newly-out Kit, but she couldn't bother reposting their cover today. Even when it's two of the ones that always repost her stuff.

by Anonymousreply 216November 8, 2022 12:10 PM

R216 she reposted Joe’s Marvel news, but yeah she basically never reposts or posts for anyone else besides him. Ditto birthdays (only him)

by Anonymousreply 217November 8, 2022 12:14 PM

She loves Joe. Not sure why she won't repost the cover, though she seems to be mostly about self promotion, which fair. I'm assuming they all have a good relationship considering how much they support her. Though she pretty obviously only has a working friendship/relationship is nearly everyone in HS

by Anonymousreply 218November 8, 2022 12:18 PM

So the actual GQ man of the year event is on 16th November, I assume they will be given some time off to attend?

by Anonymousreply 219November 8, 2022 2:53 PM

I'm sure.

Seems like they aren't the only cover this month, but just the first one revealed.

by Anonymousreply 220November 8, 2022 3:10 PM

R219 I’m sure they’ll go; the show is super featured in the article and it’s great PR. Wonder if they’ll bring Will and Bash or just go solo.

by Anonymousreply 221November 8, 2022 3:14 PM

They could also be done shooting the show by then. Netflix is promoting them hard on their social media, at any rate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222November 8, 2022 3:19 PM

Nah, I highly doubt they'll be done before the end of November - shoots generally run behind schedule rather than ahead!

by Anonymousreply 223November 8, 2022 3:35 PM

How does the GQ event work? Will one person be chosen as 'man of the year' from different celebs?

by Anonymousreply 224November 8, 2022 3:36 PM

Actually, found some info here. I wonder if it'll be televised?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225November 8, 2022 3:39 PM

GQ posts videos of the show. Don't think it's televised.

by Anonymousreply 226November 8, 2022 3:46 PM

Probably similar to attitude awards, videos here and there but not the whole thing televised

by Anonymousreply 227November 8, 2022 3:53 PM

Both seemed to have a good time doing the shoot. Kit has some substantial facial hair so I’m guessing this was during or right before filming ACGG?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228November 8, 2022 5:08 PM

Probably filmed right before HS started. I think that's when he shaved. Kit is handsome of course, but Joe really stands out and look so good. He should do more fashion photoshoots. He looks really great in everything.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229November 8, 2022 5:19 PM

Ha, the famous standing spoon/hug from the convention makes a reappearance.

by Anonymousreply 230November 8, 2022 5:21 PM

Sweet moment - but flipping heck, HS fans are quick off the mark. I don't know how they pulled this from the main video, either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231November 8, 2022 5:30 PM

That shirt is so good on Joe, genuinely can’t think of many others who could’ve pulled it off

by Anonymousreply 232November 8, 2022 5:37 PM

…this shirt for reference, sorry

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233November 8, 2022 5:38 PM

I wish they had released a normal BTS video, there was too much going on at once for me to watch properly.

by Anonymousreply 234November 8, 2022 6:26 PM

Kit's post has crossed a million likes. Love that it's a cover with two out queer actors and I would be surprised if that cover didn't outsell whatever other covers are unveiled.

by Anonymousreply 235November 8, 2022 7:22 PM

R235 it crossed a million a few days ago. I think the cover will do really well.

by Anonymousreply 236November 8, 2022 7:48 PM

r236 Sorry, should have been clearer! I meant Kit's post of the GQ cover on Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 237November 8, 2022 7:53 PM

r224 Don’t quote me on this, but I think the ceremony honors all of the MOTY and there isn’t one picked above the rest or anything like that. Joe and Kit will both get awards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238November 8, 2022 8:02 PM

R237 his engagement is nuts. Joe posted his a few min earlier and it’s only at around 600K. Even with their follower difference that’s a lot. That said he posted fairly recently so his post might be less boosted in the feed for people; who knows. Hopefully marvel lets him expand his support and audience

by Anonymousreply 239November 8, 2022 8:17 PM

I wish we had gotten more of them in these outfits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240November 8, 2022 8:55 PM

1 million for Kit is nothing. His posts get 2 million likes often while Joe's only got a million on two posts. I'm assuming the cover does less for Kit than his solo pictures, though Joe's will probably do all right. His engagement has improved from the past at least. I also hope Marvel gets him more followers.

R238 Everyone is honored. It's not a contest.

by Anonymousreply 241November 8, 2022 9:01 PM

r241 That's what I said. I was answering r224.

by Anonymousreply 242November 8, 2022 9:03 PM

[quote] Don’t quote me on this, but I think

Quoted you anyway, but I was just cosigning you... you were correct.

by Anonymousreply 243November 8, 2022 9:09 PM

Maia’s doing a dump of pictures from the last couple of months and posted Kit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244November 8, 2022 9:26 PM

Post the couples pic from Disneyland, Maia

by Anonymousreply 245November 8, 2022 9:37 PM

Tobie has the cute one

But I'm sure she took some. I need to know if she was taking a picture here or if they were just being weirdo side hugging while everyone ignored them

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246November 8, 2022 9:45 PM

R246 if that’s not a photo pose then they’re total freaks to be fair

by Anonymousreply 247November 8, 2022 9:51 PM

r246 Their pose there has that wooden quality of a photo pose, so I'm sure there's a picture somewhere.

r245 After Joe's comment from the GQ profile I would not expect that picture to ever be posted. Tangentially, I'm not expecting Bash to accompany him to the Emmys now and if he does, they won't walk on the red carpet together.

by Anonymousreply 248November 8, 2022 9:51 PM

R248 the entire S1 cast is almost certainly going to the Emmy’s is my guess. Besides maybe Joe (unclear when Coven of Chaos starts filming but either way I’m sure the show would let him attend), none of them have any known conflicts, it’s the most nominated show of the night, and it’s a good showing for Netflix. I imagine they’d all jump at the chance to attend too and the costs are honestly a drop in the bucket - they already have to pay for 9 or 10 people to attend (the 4 actors; Alice; Patrick; euros; casting director; likely other producers) so may as well add the other 6 actors and make it a nice PR moment. I do agree it’s unlikely they’ll walk the red carpet together because the point of attending is to celebrate the show, so they’re not going to showcase their relationship there.

I’m not deluded enough to think they’re going to “announce” anything tomorrow but I don’t think their plan was to ever show their relationship at a HS event. The interview was written a few weeks after the DM article and some other paparazzi taking photos of them. Their annoyance with the media and desire for privacy was likely at an all time high; I’m not reading too much into what it’ll mean for them in 6 months.

by Anonymousreply 249November 8, 2022 10:00 PM

R249 Yes, the interview was awhile ago. It was done probably in August since Kit didn't shave until early Sept. So it was a bit fresher and closer to DM-gate in July than it is now or in the middle of December.. They actually haven't changed their public behavior all that much anyway now that they are both in London. For awhile they were hardly seen, but Bash was out of town. I'm guessing Bash goes as a cast member along with everyone else. They'll never come out as a couple at any HS related event anyway. You'll be lucky to see them standing by each other.

by Anonymousreply 250November 8, 2022 10:11 PM

R250 Actually correction, it was done in the middle of September, they said it was a couple days after Kit deleted twitter. Point still stands, it probably stings a bit less now even if he's still annoyed by the whole ordeal and don't really think it's going to change anything for HS related promo, which would have always been Joe and Bash crumbs at best.

by Anonymousreply 251November 8, 2022 10:29 PM

I just genuinely think it’s a smart move to keep it lower key for now. I do think at some point they’ll just bite the bullet; they’re so over the top excited for one another’s achievements that absent having to work, I don’t see them skipping one another’s premiers for instance. But given how young they are and that HS is joes first job and Bash’s biggest, not being primarily associated with a relationship that due to age will be chalked up as “shallow” is smart. Especially as the longer they wait the longer the relationship will be - I know that’s a “no shit” point but people are a lot more willing to give credence to a 2 year relationship than if they’d “announced” 2 months in. Also think it’s more likely to be a case of going with one another to non HS events than some Instagram post or interview

by Anonymousreply 252November 8, 2022 10:35 PM

Not sure what they’re referring to there with the first paragraph?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253November 8, 2022 11:18 PM

She made a couple of comments about yaoi fetishizing gay men years back, here are two screenshots.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254November 8, 2022 11:25 PM

R254 Sigh, spoken like a true asexual… people (including many teenagers) have sex, it’s healthy and normal.

by Anonymousreply 255November 8, 2022 11:33 PM

She used so speak a lot about how Japanese is all for straight women by straight women and not pure and good like her manga. She also once wrote a long ass diatribe when someone asked her who was the top/bottom between Nick and Charlie, which was pretty funny. She also said that straight women who are actually created top/bottom and gay men don't think that like that (someone tell DL). Not sure why an asexual woman someone thinks she's an authority, but she does.

R254 really love how she uses a pirated copy of the acceptable Japanese BL manga (that she took "inspiration" from). Really respectful and not explicit. Interesting. I guess sex is inherently disrespectful.

by Anonymousreply 256November 8, 2022 11:41 PM

Cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257November 9, 2022 8:09 AM

That is cute. Nice to see them joking around after this week - I imagine all the crap has brought them even closer together.

Lol imagine if the ‘assault’ thing was a v subtle dig at the people trying to claim that Joe was condoning abuse etc? Who’s gonna be the first to get offended?

by Anonymousreply 258November 9, 2022 8:30 AM

Kit’s stories remind me of when they were shooting the first season and were active and posting pictures from the set. Now we need Netflix and Alice to not have a conniption over them.

by Anonymousreply 259November 9, 2022 8:35 AM

I never would have imagined Kit would be one of the only cast members to drop set photos but so happy to see it.

Joe’s got a coffee I see, perhaps his breath was the assault lol.

by Anonymousreply 260November 9, 2022 11:49 AM

Not authoritative per se and we all pretty much guessed, but a fairly reputable spoiler account said she’s heard confirmation Joe is Wiccan. Going to be a big role in Marvel for years if so

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261November 9, 2022 12:07 PM

R261 How reliable is Grace?

by Anonymousreply 262November 9, 2022 12:11 PM

R262 I’ll be honest I don’t follow marvel super closely but on the subreddit people seemed to think she’s been pretty on the ball and has a direct marvel source for the past 6 months or so

by Anonymousreply 263November 9, 2022 12:24 PM

“Gayest Marvel show yet”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264November 9, 2022 1:49 PM

Original source.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265November 9, 2022 1:56 PM

R265 I saw Joe in the play he was in over the summer. Not campy per se but his character was definitely snarky / darkly funny and he was really good in it; definitely the standout (which I think a lot of reviews corroborated). I have high hopes for this and for him setting up a non HS niche

by Anonymousreply 266November 9, 2022 2:00 PM

I watched the Grace Randolph clip, this was her exact answer to if Joe is playing Wiccan:

[quote]I heard today that it was true. My source said it's true. One of my sources, one of my best sources, said, "I believe it's true." So, fantastic! Still not 100%, but it's looking like, pretty freaking solid. And then I haven't heard anything about Hulkling, I'm afraid. I just know that Kit Connor has talked to Marvel as well.

by Anonymousreply 267November 9, 2022 2:56 PM

What do we actually think had happened with Kit's 'Joe assaulted me' thing? It'd be a very random thing to make up. Slightly hurt him by bumping into him or something?

by Anonymousreply 268November 9, 2022 5:13 PM

Nothing, probably just something cute Kit wanted to post. It's not making up anything, just a bit of fanservice. Fans are enjoying the speculation and think it's about them doing kissing scenes anyway. Netflix, Alice and the rest are morons for not allowing the cast to do little videos filming. Half the reason HS fans are so insane is they are bored children. Give them some Joe and Kit and they won't find reasons to be mad about everything every second of the day. Makes everyone's life easier

by Anonymousreply 269November 9, 2022 5:24 PM

Joe’s clearly holding the weapon he used to assault Kit in that selfie…the coffee.

by Anonymousreply 270November 9, 2022 5:43 PM

R270 yeah my guess is it’s another coffee breath joke or Joe accidentally stepped on his foot or something. They’re both probably giddy from the Men of the Year thing and having a bit of fun on set. Also wouldn’t be shocked if Kit got a sense of how maudlin and babying people were being of him (literally Twitter treated their GQ oiece like a funeral because of Joe wanting a private life and Kit mentioning he was queer) and wanted to get them to chill out.

by Anonymousreply 271November 9, 2022 6:42 PM

Fans were for sure going a bit overboard. Both seem fine and are living their lives. Kit's probably feel better nowadays. At least the whole dumb fight about his sexuality can be put behind him. And Joe made a Daily Mail joke, I'm guessing the situation was annoying but he's not traumatized and he's obviously not hiding in his house. Anyway, lots for them to be excited about right now.

by Anonymousreply 272November 9, 2022 6:51 PM

R272 Annoyingly, I sort of think that Kit coming out isn't going to change that much in terms of the trolls and queerbaiting accusations - that was only a small ish group of idiots, and the main culprits haven't slowed down in the slightest (apart from toxicwine who hasn't tweeted for a blissful 24 hours after their account being locked). Some of them are saying he's lying, some are now turning on Maia for 'outing him' or being an attention seeker by dating him... there are 100 replies to Maia's comment on Kit's latest post, and quite a lot of them are harassment from two of the usual suspects. The hope is that Kit just doesn't check Twitter and doesn't really read the comments on Instagram in detail.

I think it is good that it's started a conversation about queerbaiting and people needing to apparently publicly label themselves if they're playing a queer role, though.

by Anonymousreply 273November 9, 2022 7:04 PM

At this point those people just need to be reported and ignored. There's nothing you can ever do about it some deranged people talking crap online. Hopefully Kit knows the vast majority of people support him. I've seen it from people who don't even really know who he is in discussions that weren't even really related to him.

by Anonymousreply 274November 9, 2022 7:12 PM

Honestly I think he was frustrated he felt forced to publicly put a label on it and wanted to point to that feeling of being forced, more than actually wanting to not come out. The GQ article was very explicit in its use of we for the queer community; I don’t think you could come away from it thinking he was an ally, so clearly he was fine with being known as queer on a wide scale. Probably just understandably hated the queerbaiting accusations, but I don’t think he felt as miserable and torn and close to tears as people implied he felt all week. Pissed and upset for sure but he seems very ready to move on.

by Anonymousreply 275November 9, 2022 7:21 PM

Just looked at Kit’s second most recent Instagram post (the most recent when he came out on Halloween) and it’s absolutely flooded with supportive comments. Really nice to see. I hope Kit saw them at the time.

by Anonymousreply 276November 9, 2022 8:48 PM

The juxtaposition is funny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277November 9, 2022 9:02 PM

How do these children function in the real world?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278November 9, 2022 9:03 PM

R278 I did laugh at him getting no backlash for it while Joe and Bash got absolutely reamed last weekend. I thought his stories were funny and didn’t deserve backlash to be clear, but it’s so blatant who the fandom favourite is.

Apparently a new pic of Joe from Paris.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279November 9, 2022 9:16 PM

Joe for sure cut his hair. Wonder if they filmed a bit backwards so it looks like his hair grew over the season.

by Anonymousreply 280November 9, 2022 9:27 PM

To be fair, it is a lot harder to go after someone for joking with a friend than it is to go after someone for an interview about a character who committed sexual assault, no matter who the favorite is. It's easier for something about Ben to gain traction and get misconstrued in a game of telephone because everyone knows the character sucks.

by Anonymousreply 281November 9, 2022 9:30 PM

Guessing it's these same fans that met Joe. I saw this picture circulating yesterday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282November 9, 2022 9:33 PM

R281 I totally get what you’re saying but tbh think if kit had said something similar to bash or liked the same tweets as Joe there would’ve been way less backlash. Good for him, because none of them deserve it, but pretty clear most of the fans are into Kit and will come down way harder on the others

by Anonymousreply 283November 9, 2022 9:36 PM

Kit did say something about Ben before and nobody cared. Joe and Bash are just the fandom punching bag.

by Anonymousreply 284November 9, 2022 9:56 PM

Agree I’m afraid

Bash has been harassed repeatedly and now completely cancelled by the most insufferable corner of online fans for something he didn’t even say and even if he had was completely inoffensive to any normal person. Many have also cancelled Joe for supporting him, or at least are still demanding he apologise for nothing. All for apparently not being sensitive to survivors of assault

Then Kit literally makes a joke about assault and it’s crickets - not that I think there’s anything wrong with what he said it’s just the blatant double standard.

The reality is a lot of them favourite Kit to extremes, resent Joe for not dating him and hate Bash with a passion and have done everything possible to drive him offline and out of Heartstopper

Anyone who thinks that’s just because his character isn’t very nice is dreaming they just want him away from Joe so the mainly teen girls can have their fantasy of Joe and Kit being together

The whole thing is pathetic

by Anonymousreply 285November 9, 2022 10:45 PM

R285 agreed. It’s telling that Joe had 3 distinct things he mentioned struggling with during the interview: his privacy (related to both family and relationships); body dysmorphia and disliking his own looks; and never having gay portrrayals to look up to that didn’t mock gay men until Call Me By Your Name. And while the fans engaged with all of what Kit said, they only focused on the first one to shriek about Joe and bash, completely ignoring the much more serious issue of body image issues that can actually pervade far longer and probably hurt much worse. Really clear what they tend to care about

by Anonymousreply 286November 9, 2022 11:28 PM

r228 Late, but I just remembered that I noticed (and I think posted about?) Kit following the British GQ photographer on August 23 so that’s probably when they shot it.

by Anonymousreply 287November 10, 2022 12:05 AM

r279 The source for that Joe picture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288November 10, 2022 1:53 AM

Saw this on Twitter today from pre show; obviously meant as banter between friends but given the constant Twitter comments about Joe being ugly and what he said about hating his looks in the new interview, a bit cringe/yikes in retrospect though I’m sure not intended that way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289November 10, 2022 2:04 AM

Their relationship seems great now and they are close so obviously it wasn't a big deal, but I do think Kit was pretty rough in some of his comments about Joe in the early days when they weren't that close. I get banter, but it always made he feel a bit bad for Joe.

by Anonymousreply 290November 10, 2022 2:16 AM

R290 I think it’s the classic thing of not being able to anticipate how fans would pick up on particular jokes and run with them, or how horrible people were going to be about joes looks. I think if (as is likely the case) kit doesn’t think Joe is ugly at all, passing jokes about his ears or odd thumbs probably seemed super innocuous especially if Joe was in on them (and w few of the castmates made ear jokes in early interviews). Ditto the coffee breath thing. I think it’s notable that since the first time Joe tweeted about being called ugly, kit hasn’t commented on any of those things in interviews even jokingly and I’m sure he feels quite bad for “contributing”. I did think the convention clip where someone asked Joe about his coffee habits was interesting there; he was nice and funny but was pretty defensive and said people mentioning it triggered him, presumably because they beat s dead horse with that joke. I imagine the looks based stuff is even worse.

by Anonymousreply 291November 10, 2022 2:22 AM

I remember that story. Do you guys remember when they used to banter back and forth about being called shit like unconventional-looking by fans? The tide obviously turned when it came to Kit after the show released, but people were assholes about both of them early on, especially when this picture was released, and they'd joke about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292November 10, 2022 2:34 AM

Who is "not you" for $300, Alex.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293November 10, 2022 2:48 AM

R293 that actually made me laugh. The Jewish / hyper woke HS fans were full on cancelling Joe for maybe playing Wiccan and insisting this guy should do it. When people pointed out he was straight for a gay role they had meltdowns about how rhetoric like that led to outing kit. Then 2 days ago someone said “you know Milo supports Johnny Depp, right?” And it was suddenly crickets. Knowing the way fans treat Joe it won’t last but it made me laugh

by Anonymousreply 294November 10, 2022 2:50 AM

I’ve seen the Marvel fans try to argue that it’s more important that the actor be Jewish than gay and I would love to know who determined that hierarchy and when we all agreed to it. For the record, I care about neither because the whole point of acting is to act.

by Anonymousreply 295November 10, 2022 3:00 AM

His sexuality is more important than his religion. Being Jewish is barely mentioned a hand full of time while his whole character revolves around being a gay man. The comments are weird and a little uncomfortable Suggesting anyone can play a gay role, which I'm not against straight actors acting in a gay role, but that nobody but Jewish people can play a Jewish character. Also don't really see how it works that one gets preference over the other. Basically some fans just want who they want and are going to be salty about it.

R294 Saw that too, how dare you ask anyone's sexuality, you might out them!! No, that's really not what happened with Kit. You can ask. If they don't want to tell you then respect it.

by Anonymousreply 296November 10, 2022 3:09 AM

I think what’s hard for me is this is a character (and I’ve read the comics) who is Jewish more by casual reference than anything else. He wears a kippah at his wedding, but Judaism / Jewishness isn’t “central” to his character. I still don’t feel strongly but can get it more for Magneto and Moon Knight, whose Jewishness is central to their plots (and both ironically played by non Jews). Being gay is frankly way more pivotal to his storyline; agree with r295 actors act and I wouldn’t really care if a straight gay played him but If they’re trying to be “woke” here, given the show is meant to be pretty camp and performative, having a straight guy play a campy dramatic gay role seems way more offensive to me than non Jewish Joe playing someone Jewish and making passing references to celebrating Hanukkah.

by Anonymousreply 297November 10, 2022 3:10 AM

R297 Freudian slip; meant “a straight guy”

by Anonymousreply 298November 10, 2022 3:11 AM

Their worry about the actors is totally misplaced. Oscar Isaac was excellent in MK and specifically in the scenes that touched on the character’s religion, but where the ball was dropped was in the WRITING. Joe being replaced by a Jewish actor isn’t going to magically fix the writing if they decide not to emphasize the character’s Jewishness.

by Anonymousreply 299November 10, 2022 3:22 AM

It was never about the Jewish thing for most. If it was, they wouldn't have been so nasty towards him by making fun of his appearance. All you will get to see now on twitter is people being nasty towards him for playing Wiccan cause he's not some teenage twink they can fetishize about.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300November 10, 2022 3:28 AM

I don't get it since he's a cute teenage twink. I guess he's not attractive to teenage girls though pretty obviously

by Anonymousreply 301November 10, 2022 3:30 AM

R290 What sort of stuff did Kit say/do? I wasn’t around back then.

by Anonymousreply 302November 10, 2022 8:11 AM

I think the banter is easier/more innocent when you don’t have millions of followers and aren’t getting a ton of hate about your looks like Joe now gets. I remember Kit mentioned the comments about Joe’s appearance in an interview and seemed quite upset/frustrated about it.

I think making the show and going through the crazy level of success together has bonded them and taught them a lot about themselves - they’re far warmer and more complimentary towards each other these days. I’m sure they still take the piss loads but they also really have each other’s backs and make sure to boost each other up. Joe especially has said that the show has helped him to appreciate the people in his life more.

by Anonymousreply 303November 10, 2022 8:19 AM

It’s quite funny that Joe seems braver being flirty in comments than in person - I don’t think he’s ever called Kit sexy/hot etc in real life.

by Anonymousreply 304November 10, 2022 1:12 PM

Anyone know the source of this pic? Looks like it’s pulled from a video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305November 10, 2022 1:48 PM

R304 I think it’s more that the jokes make sense in the context of a photoshoot than just irl. Him randomly looking at kit and going “you’re hot” in an interview would be way weirder than doing it in response to a thirst trap photoshoot. Kit seems way more wary of the Joe/Kit shipper contingent than Joe does, probably because both Joe and his real life boyfriend tag team leaving joke thirst comments on Kit’s IG

by Anonymousreply 306November 10, 2022 2:06 PM

R305 No clue on that, never seen it before! He almost looks like he's leaving the gym or something.

by Anonymousreply 307November 10, 2022 4:02 PM

R306 I honestly don't think Kit is especially bothered about the Joe/Kit shippers - he's openly calling Joe darling multiple times in front of fans, swaying with his arms wrapped around him etc. Being brutally honest, I just don't think he finds Joe 'hot' in the same way that he does Will and maybe Bash, so doesn't make comments of that nature. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think he's ever made a flirty 'you're attractive' type comment towards Joe, but he has multiple times towards Bash and Will. That could also be partially because Joe and Kit have a very banter-y friendship, but it doesn't stop Joe making flirty comments all over the place.

(I don't think he thinks Joe's ugly, for the record.)

by Anonymousreply 308November 10, 2022 4:50 PM

R308 I get what you mean but I think if for no other reason than to be nice he’d say them otherwise about the shoots Joe has done. He did a “damn” or fire emoji or something on Tobie’s IG semi recently and in the nicest way, it’s unlikely to me he finds Tobie hotter than Joe. I think the tiktok and Instagram fans who aren’t as active on twt are the biggest Joe/kit shippers so he keeps it off there primarily. The darling and swaying stuff was at a more limited fan convention. I agree will and Bash are likely more his type but I doubt that’s why

by Anonymousreply 309November 10, 2022 5:02 PM

R309 Haha that's true about Tobie, but I think a fire emoji or 'wow' is different to a blatant 'you're hot' type comment - the first one can just be a general showing of support. He's also commented a 'wow' on a photoshoot of Joe's in the past. I don't think Kit would ever comment 'sexy' or something on a post of Tobie's (no offence, Tobie). I feel like he says that sort of thing when he genuinely means it, rather than disingenuously like a lot of people do.

by Anonymousreply 310November 10, 2022 5:24 PM

For what it's worth Kit has done the 🥵 emoji on Joe's a few times. Don't think he or Joe are actively attracted to one another; obviously Kit seems to find Will the most attractive and Bash and Joe are all over one another. Probably a combination of the sense of humour they have with one another and wanting to avoid the queerbaiting or Joekit shit, both of which are annoying in different ways.

by Anonymousreply 311November 10, 2022 5:26 PM

I don't take their social media behavior all that seriously when Joe won't comment anything on Bash's posts anymore while at the same time spend every waking moment he's not working with him. Not real need to over analyze it.

by Anonymousreply 312November 10, 2022 5:30 PM

I just went back and looked at Kit’s comments on Joe’s magazine posts from around the time the show came out. Kit’s comment on the Jon Magazine post was “Why are you never this smiley around me.” On Behind the Blinds post Kit commented “what a shoot”.

I don’t think it’s a super conscious choice, but Kit doesn’t flirt with Joe online. He sometimes leaves flirty comments on other cast members, and Joe flirts with everyone (including actual corporations). Kit’s definitely supportive of Joe, but flirting isn’t a big part of their typical banter.

by Anonymousreply 313November 10, 2022 5:46 PM

Yes, Joe flirted with Netflix once on twitter

by Anonymousreply 314November 10, 2022 5:51 PM

Kit left two "🥵🥵🥵" comments and a "wowwww" on some of Joe's posts and calls Joe darling in person, so the flirtiness is there on some level. Joe's in there with Will and Bash on the receiving end. And to be fair, this is also the same guy that commented "hola" on the girl he's dating's most recent Insta post.

Semi-related, I wish Joe posted more or had archived less, because his Insta feed is so small.

by Anonymousreply 315November 10, 2022 6:32 PM

Bash, Joe, Kit, Will respectively at the Donmar 30 event.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316November 10, 2022 6:36 PM

Who posted this old story? People say Kit, but I'm guessing not

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317November 10, 2022 6:37 PM

I'm pretty sure that was Connor Jessups story

by Anonymousreply 318November 10, 2022 6:44 PM

Thanks. Connor sounds right

by Anonymousreply 319November 10, 2022 6:54 PM

Someone answered this on Twitter and said it was Kit, but I can't confirm that.

by Anonymousreply 320November 10, 2022 7:00 PM

Connor’s

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321November 10, 2022 7:02 PM

Still wanna know who the person is that he had the sweet 'bye' thing with... has to be a previous partner, based on the vagueness of it. Also he specifically avoids pronouns - I assume either because it's a he and he wasn't ready to admit that, or because it's a she and he didn't want more queerbaiting accusations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322November 10, 2022 9:00 PM

The way you could fill a book with all of the times Kit was vague with pronouns or used “we” to talk about the community and people on here were still convinced he was straight will never not be funny. I was looking at some of the older threads the other day and had forgotten that people argued that Kit was straight because of how he kissed Joe on the show when their chemistry is what carried the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 323November 10, 2022 10:40 PM

Glad you’re all having fun

by Anonymousreply 324November 11, 2022 1:31 AM

Why is someone sending comments left in this thread to some autistic teenager on Twitter?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325November 11, 2022 9:47 AM

R325 That’s annoying… it’s much better having our own separate bubble here.

by Anonymousreply 326November 11, 2022 10:15 AM

The fangirls are closing in, please don't let them take over here, I can't handle teenage girl hormones

by Anonymousreply 327November 11, 2022 10:51 AM

I did notice at the height of the attacks on Joe and Bash one time I went from here to search the tabs on Twitter and one of the involved accounts posted “I just found this somewhere” and quoted word for word a post I just read here

Disturbing

by Anonymousreply 328November 11, 2022 12:43 PM

A load of them read DL but won’t admit to it because it “sexualises the actors” and is “gross”. Aside from the charming homophobia of it all, it’s funny they think a relatively small segregated Internet forum that says “I bet bash and Joe have a good sex life” is more harmful or gross than their constant attacks for bash seeing his character as 3 dimensional or Joe playing a white (Jewish) role

by Anonymousreply 329November 11, 2022 1:15 PM

Notice how both the actors aren't Jewish but aren't getting hated on. The agenda against Joe is unreal. Even by the obnoxious Heartstopper fandom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330November 11, 2022 7:03 PM

I love that people are trying to push them as Wiccan and Hulkling when they’re both too old for what the casting notices asked for (18-20 y/o actors). They’re not going to get the guy on the left to magically replace Joe as Wiccan!

by Anonymousreply 331November 11, 2022 7:11 PM

I guess it's almost confirmed now who Joe will be playing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332November 11, 2022 7:11 PM

Looks like Maria Dizzia is playing Billy’s mom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333November 11, 2022 7:12 PM

R332 hell get reamed by the super woke fans but he was never going to make them happy. Really glad for him landing such a major pivotal role.

by Anonymousreply 334November 11, 2022 7:16 PM

R331 And absolutely no one seems to have a problem that the one they want to be cast as Wiccan isn't Jewish. Shows how the whole Jewish thing was just another way for hateful people to bully Joe.

by Anonymousreply 335November 11, 2022 7:18 PM

Well if nothing else the HS nutjobs on twitter have hopefully partly prepared him for the Marvel nutjobs

by Anonymousreply 336November 11, 2022 7:38 PM

They don't really care about him being Jewish. Twitter gonna be nasty, but in general the comments are pretty excited for the show and him.

R330 Interesting. I'd guess Lukas Gage auditioned for Teddy and probably didn't it.

by Anonymousreply 337November 11, 2022 7:38 PM

Because Joe isn’t on Twitter anymore I’ve come around to finding the hating hilarious. These people keep setting themselves up like Charlie Brown and Marvel is Lucy with the football. None of these bland guys they push are going to be Wiccan no matter how many fancams they make.

by Anonymousreply 338November 11, 2022 7:47 PM

The fan casting is all so bad it's hard to take it seriously. Basically whatever guy makes the fangirls hornier is the person they want. Joe will kill it in the role. He's funny naturally and a good actor.

Still great that he beat out so many people for two coveted roles. He's going to have such a good career.

by Anonymousreply 339November 11, 2022 7:56 PM

They also don’t seem to get hat while it’s true a straight guy can play gay and I don’t care about it, this is the FIRST gay superhero marvel has had and the show is aiming to be a campy drama. Having a straight gay play gay may be fine but him acting camp and over the top would be really offensive.

If the actors for Billy’s parents are Jewish, I’m guessing they’ll simplify the backstory and say memories were erased and he was adopted by a Jewish family; thus he is Jewish but not ethnically so

by Anonymousreply 340November 11, 2022 8:21 PM

Generally agree with your post but Wiccan isn't the first gay superhero, Phastos in Eternals was.

by Anonymousreply 341November 11, 2022 8:25 PM

R341 totally forgot about that movie, my bad - you’re right

by Anonymousreply 342November 11, 2022 8:26 PM

Someone was asking about this photo - based on the comments, it’s somewhere in Croydon and was posted a few months back on someone’s TikTok when they spotted him out and about. Seems to be shopping or something.

Also another person said that they often see Kit out and about in Croydon but have never approached him, so it seems that he often stays local. Probably a good move.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343November 11, 2022 9:45 PM

Unsure of the source… seems to be from the Donmar event evening?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344November 11, 2022 10:07 PM

Not sure what the source is, but here’s the version without Will cropped out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345November 11, 2022 10:20 PM

That’s the donmar. Have seen 10 shows there, definitely that location. Surprising no one, Joe, bash, and Bash’s mum must have come separately

by Anonymousreply 346November 11, 2022 10:24 PM

Yeah, I imagine Will and Kit travel to these things together (maybe in a cab) cos they live close to each other. They used to share a ride home from set every day in season 1 (and maybe season 2 too).

by Anonymousreply 347November 11, 2022 10:43 PM

It's much more practical for them to meet up there and then go out together after. Pretty sure that's what the cast usually does.

by Anonymousreply 348November 11, 2022 10:51 PM

Written by a WOMAN....No thank you. Not interested.

by Anonymousreply 349November 11, 2022 10:53 PM

R349 An asexual woman too...

by Anonymousreply 350November 11, 2022 11:04 PM

Bringing this back for no reason.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351November 12, 2022 7:03 PM

R351 Joe has amazing hair. I hope they keep it curly and fairly long for wiccan

by Anonymousreply 352November 12, 2022 7:09 PM

Crew member Rhys is back on Twitter, and already (non-specifically) complaining...

by Anonymousreply 353November 12, 2022 8:10 PM

Thought he'd got verified... Then remembered you can buy the tick now

by Anonymousreply 354November 12, 2022 8:26 PM

Funnily enough, he didn’t pay for it. Twitter actually verified him.

by Anonymousreply 355November 12, 2022 8:43 PM

Nope, he paid for it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356November 12, 2022 8:58 PM

Is there a glitch?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357November 12, 2022 9:08 PM

R357 very odd - also showing to me as Twitter Blue

by Anonymousreply 358November 12, 2022 9:11 PM

It was showing as what r357 posted when I first left my comment, but I’m getting the Twitter Blue one when I look now. Weird.

by Anonymousreply 359November 12, 2022 9:16 PM

Yeah, he paid for it. And he pretty obviously wants HS fan attention while wanting them to care more about him than the cast. Which is both funny and delusional.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360November 12, 2022 10:42 PM

He’s hosting a Twitter space rn with… 8 listeners. That said he’s semi smart for it; as the insane fans have run Joe, Bash, Kit, and Alice (though I have less sympathy for her) off the app, they’ll be desperate for any proximity to the project

by Anonymousreply 361November 12, 2022 10:52 PM

Oh lord, that Maira girl spoke on the space. God only knows what about. The last thing she needs is to feel more connected to the cast and crew.

Wonder if Joe and Kit are filming this weekend? Neither has been spotted out; nor has bash and we know wherever Joe is he’s mere steps away.

by Anonymousreply 362November 13, 2022 12:07 AM

Supposedly Kit is filming today and upgraded his iPhone during his break.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363November 13, 2022 12:10 AM

Kit today (guessing after filming)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364November 13, 2022 12:51 AM

Was at 10pm London time apparently. I guess they might have tomorrow off.

by Anonymousreply 365November 13, 2022 12:58 AM

Weird how fans think he needs them to hug him though. I'm guessing he'll do it because he's nice, not because he needs a random person he doesn't know to comfort him. But what do I know.

by Anonymousreply 366November 13, 2022 12:59 AM

DL = Please stop promoting straight women writing GAY male graphic novels. And it's not just Heartstoppers. These female writers use initials to cover up their female names. One of the women is calling herself Sonny. It is dishonest. They do it in gay fiction too.

by Anonymousreply 367November 13, 2022 1:09 AM

He looks tired and his hair looks kind of Nick Nelson-y so makes sense that it’s after filming.

by Anonymousreply 368November 13, 2022 1:11 AM

The leads of the show are queer men, either scroll past or block the thread if it bothers you that much.

by Anonymousreply 369November 13, 2022 1:14 AM

R366 I thought the same thing. So odd how they think they are doing him a favour. If anything his idea of a favour would probably be them not stopping him in the streets and asking him to hug strangers lol.

by Anonymousreply 370November 13, 2022 1:41 AM

The leads are a gay and bi man; the actors filling out the “main 10” are all in all at least 2 trans/non-binary people one of whom is queer; a bi guy; 3 gay guys; and probably a few more who are lesbian or queer in some way. Both cast and subject matter wise it’s one of the gayest shows, let alone within that age group

by Anonymousreply 371November 13, 2022 1:41 AM

R366 I didn’t read it that way. I read it as her wanting to give him a hug and flipping out and him being the comforting one.

by Anonymousreply 372November 13, 2022 1:41 AM

R372 Read the rest of the comments

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373November 13, 2022 1:45 AM

I’m not Alice’s greatest fan but they are non binary as I’m sure you know and asexual not straight

The cast and crew are almost all queer, the director and producer are gay men as are at least 4 of the lead cast, plus bisexual Kit. Whatever you think of it Heartstopper has earned its right to be discussed here

Agree re fans Kit has said before he’s an introvert the constant stranger hugs must be exhausting at times. I think fans are more honest when they admit it’s them that need/ want the hugs. The cast constantly show them more patience and kindness than I think I ever could

He looks like he wants a hug from someone he actually knows and loves and a good nights sleep

by Anonymousreply 374November 13, 2022 1:51 AM

Alice is a woman .Focus on the cast/crew if you want to defend the show

by Anonymousreply 375November 13, 2022 1:55 AM

R373 haha never mind then. God fans are weird.

R374 maybe I’m just really bad at reading body language but in the past two weeks people have been reading a lot more sadness and need for hugs into kit, including this comment, than I think he needs. The coming out seemed upset and frustrated but as GQ showed he long intended to be clearly out as queer on the basis of that article, and he went to two plays and outings with mates last weekend. I’m not sure the tweet caused the type of trauma that would mean he needed hugs from loved ones weeks later. If he was filming till 10Pm that’s likely why he looked tired.

by Anonymousreply 376November 13, 2022 2:05 AM

In terms of needing a hug I wasn’t referring to any real trauma just he looks knackered and it would be a welcome change after having to dole out so many to random overwrought strangers

I’m sure he’s fine emotionally and probably at least somewhat relieved

by Anonymousreply 377November 13, 2022 2:11 AM

I think he's been sensitive enough about the whole thing that he did need support, but given that he seems to be spending his time off with his friends that are most likely to understand the weird situation he was in he's likely getting it. Not sure why strangers think their hugs would help.

by Anonymousreply 378November 13, 2022 2:19 AM

The live pictures are cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379November 13, 2022 2:24 AM

to be fair I've never heard a bad thing said from people that meet any of them, they have way more patience than I would have.

by Anonymousreply 380November 13, 2022 9:12 AM

The fact that the show itself is so innocent/wholesome/queer means that it's naturally going to attract genuinely kind people for the most part. Actors aren't drawn to the show because of its high calibre writing, or because it's cool and edgy - they want to be involved in telling a sweet and queer love story. I do think that's the reason that the show seems to have such a genuinely nice cast. That being said, they're likely on their best behaviour around fans!

by Anonymousreply 381November 13, 2022 10:19 AM

Nobody needs a hug from a stranger to comfort them. It’d give me the opposite of comfort to be quite honest. I understand loving & following celebs but I do not understand this need to hug them & cry at them. You don’t know them. It’s weird. Would you hug a random stranger on the streets? Cos it’s really no different!

by Anonymousreply 382November 13, 2022 1:19 PM

I mean the fans who seek them out (this one seems accidental but cons, waiting by set, etc.) are all weirdos. This full 27 year old decided not only to meet them, she also talked at length about how disappointed she was in Joe re liking the tweet defending bash and said this weird condescending shit to them at the con. They’re strange as shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383November 13, 2022 3:20 PM

R383 I love how she said Kit said “Ugh” before the “Thank you”. I feel like the “ugh” screams - what are these straight bitches saying - lol!

by Anonymousreply 384November 13, 2022 3:50 PM

They really think the two were deeply moved by their gibberish. But that's your typical HS account. Every tweet is Kit, there's 1 out of every 100 about Joe, usually only in relation to Kit, lots of tweets about how being bisexual is the toughest thing in the world, etc. Also she gets bonus points for saying Joe shouldn't be Wiccan but Kit should be Hulking

by Anonymousreply 385November 13, 2022 3:53 PM

That is actually painful to read - and she posted it with pride? Like it was some profound insight? Or that those poor kids thought anything but wtaf did I just hear after listening to that drivel?

No wonder they think an obsessed and delusional 16 year old bully is the keeper of all that is wise and good if that’s a fair reflection of their mental capacity they must be so easy to manipulate.

I have even more respect for how the cast can remain so patient and kind to them especially in light of the regular online pile-ons Joe and Bash have to deal with.

They must be saints

by Anonymousreply 386November 13, 2022 4:51 PM

Legitimately I don’t care how toxic Marvel Stans are - none of them are going to pay to go up to Joe at cons and tell him this shite or @ him and his boyfriend for daring to see their roles as 3D. It’s genuinely funny if sad how over the top HS fans are. Hopefully they all get a life and boyfriend soon enough and leave the cast alone.

by Anonymousreply 387November 13, 2022 5:15 PM

Apparently Ben’s IG profile pic for the show. Hopefully he and Joe will have a few more scenes as a result.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388November 13, 2022 6:21 PM

Unsure of the below the chin angle haha, doesn't do much for Bash! But then I suppose we're not supposed to like Ben so they don't want him to look cute and adorable like Nick/Kit does in his.

by Anonymousreply 389November 13, 2022 6:23 PM

R389 he looks hot. I agree he doesn’t look as affectionate as Nick cuddling with his dog but the angle hardly makes him look bad. To be fair, Bash looks bad in basically no angles.

by Anonymousreply 390November 13, 2022 6:32 PM

R390 He certainly doesn't look bad but that angle isn't flattering on anyone, really.

by Anonymousreply 391November 13, 2022 6:35 PM

Where does a 27 year old get off talking you teenagers like that? I’m slightly older than that & fully acknowledge I’m much older than the average viewer & it’s a show for teenagers really. I’m gay, it resonated with me, I like to support queer shows! And that is where I draw the line. I’m a fully grown adult with a job, mortgage, wife. These kids are teenagers. I wouldn’t dream of even sending a post on Twitter. It’s WEIRD. I mean, it’d be weird if I acted like that with celebs my own age. But even worse with teens. Some people really don’t grow up do they?!

by Anonymousreply 392November 13, 2022 6:44 PM

R392 agreed - I’m 21 and still feel nothing but empathy for the cast and feel semi protective of them. I can’t imagine paying to meet them and pulling condescending shit of going on about how disappointed I am in them or making posts about how kit coming out related to me. I admire Joe standing up for his man, and can imagine especially being so young and seeing literally hundreds of people go for his throat is exhausting. It’s funny that Kit’s coming out because people read too much into his dating habits and relative quietude (which I agree is fucked) was greeted as a genuine tragedy by the fans while Joe liking tweets that strongly suggest Bash felt harassed and attacked for a misunderstanding was evil.

I used to think “cancel culture” was illusory and dumb but not I kind of believe it’s real if you’re someone the woke fans aren’t attracted to. Sadly for Bash and Joe, that’s them; fortunately in a sense, maybe they can free themselves from these lunatics faster.

by Anonymousreply 393November 13, 2022 6:50 PM

Tara's new profile picture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394November 13, 2022 7:05 PM

Tao's new profile picture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395November 13, 2022 7:05 PM

Here’s hoping they do

Interesting point re the difference in how they treat Kit and Joe’s romantic lives and one I’ve been thinking about.

There’s really no indication beyond hanging out together a few times and a bit of hand holding that Kit is with Maia, or if he is it’s anything serious. I mean they don’t even live on the same continent. Yet it’s treated as self explanatory that they’re holding hands of course they’re together etc Not to mention saying Kit has every right to be upset and angry at the way she’s been harassed and threatened (which he has btw)

Then there’s Bash and Joe joined at the hip for 18 months, holding hands, linking arms, sharing laps, holidays, plus ones, families and literally fucking living together but you’re cancelled if you even suggest they’re anything more than friends. And just look what happened when Joe offered the slightest public support after the months of abuse Bash has endured - where was his right to be upset?

I know a lot of this is being driven by the fangirls desire to see Kit and Joe together but there does seem to be more going on that looks a lot like homophobia and an erasing of queer male sexuality

by Anonymousreply 396November 13, 2022 7:07 PM

R389 Agree, the angle doesn't serve him well at all. Emphasizes the imbalance of his smaller chin and larger nose.

by Anonymousreply 397November 13, 2022 7:07 PM

396 Eh, in terms of the fans the same people that acknowledge Joe and Bash's relationship are the ones that acknowledge Kit and Maia's. The people that calls Joe and Bash besties are still going around denying that Kit and Maia might be casually dating. I don't think Joe's recent quote in GQ is going to lead to more people acknowledging Joe and Bash, either.

by Anonymousreply 398November 13, 2022 7:11 PM

adoore_moore on Instagram, spotted at Bicester Village.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399November 13, 2022 7:23 PM

R396 I completely agree. I’ve always found fans claims that Joe and Bash are besties as extremely homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 400November 13, 2022 7:27 PM

R399 Ooh, wonder what he's doing up there. Maybe he has friends in the area.

by Anonymousreply 401November 13, 2022 7:41 PM

This ten question HS fan quiz perfectly identifies the problem with Heartstopper fans. The very first question listed says “put a finger down if you’re bi”. Never once does the quiz ask or suggest that a hs fan could actually be gay. The fandom is full of bi or straight women who want to erase actual gay men from the story, even though Charlie is the main character.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402November 13, 2022 7:44 PM

R401, Bash comes from that area and his sister still lives there so they may well be visiting her

by Anonymousreply 403November 13, 2022 7:54 PM

R396 I mean Kit and Maia are definitely dating. It would be silly to think otherwise. How serious they are, who knows. I was pretty serious about my boyfriend when I was 18 but it didn’t last because we were kids.

People who think Bash and Joe are not together are next level stupid.

by Anonymousreply 404November 13, 2022 7:58 PM

I wonder if when they grow up a bit some of these girls will realise how naive they were to think the cast weren't dating despite all the evidence to the contrary

by Anonymousreply 405November 13, 2022 8:03 PM

R405 I don’t have much hope because there are grown ass woman telling Joe and Kit that being an individual is beautiful lol

by Anonymousreply 406November 13, 2022 8:09 PM

This thread really does spend too much time worrying about what a handful of people on Twitter think.

by Anonymousreply 407November 13, 2022 8:12 PM

There definitely seems to be a hierarchy where being genderfluid or bi is the default acceptable status for online fans and it’s rare to see anyone claiming a binary sexuality or gender, straight or gay, trans or cis. There’s also a notable absence of online fans assigned male at birth or anyone claiming to be a gay man, in fact I’m struggling to think if I’ve seen any at all active in the twitter fandom at least.

I’m really not trying to discredit being non binary or bisexual both of which belong absolutely within the lgbt+ community but it does feel like there’s an exclusion of gay male sexuality in the online fandom, and I feel like the denial around Bash and Joe’s relationship and at times even their sexuality is a part of that.

Now I love the show and confess I did try to read the online comics and all I can say is Nick and Charlie seem to have been written as two of the most sexless teenaged boys I’ve seen in gay fiction. Probably as a result of Charlie’s character being under 16 at the start and the author being asexual, but I do wonder if that has fed into these obsessive fans attitudes?

Basically the comics were a safe sexless queer story (not a bad thing in itself) but when confronted with the reality of the real gay actors actually being gay and potentially doing more than holding hands their brains melted?

by Anonymousreply 408November 13, 2022 8:24 PM

R408 I can’t really speak to the rest of it, but one of the most followed/active fans on Twitter is a gay man - nickscolour. However, his account just disappeared the other day and not sure what happened (I was following him and he was tweeting normally the day before). But aside from him, I haven’t come across many cis men in the fandom.

by Anonymousreply 409November 13, 2022 8:32 PM

Tobie liked this tweet about Joe and Kit being best friends, which is sweet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410November 13, 2022 8:51 PM

R408 I don’t think I would define it as an exclusion necessarily? I’ve seen a lot of gay male HS fans online, but we don’t tend to be overly invested in online fannish community the way female fans are. We like the show, follow the actors, but don’t exactly feel the need to form online friendships over it or involve ourselves in fandoms and fandom politics.

(Also want to note that a lot of the critics that rally around the show are gay men and I remember a pretty decent chunk of gay men at the con.)

R409 I’m pretty sure I remember someone from Maira’s group being a cis male, his name is Kel I want to say?

by Anonymousreply 411November 13, 2022 9:00 PM

[quote]a pretty decent chunk of gay men

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 412November 13, 2022 9:01 PM

HS does have gay male fans. It's just they aren't as active in the fandom crap. Most of the " men" you'll see on hstwt are teenage girls calling themselves he/him/they/random neo pronoun so hard to take it too seriously

by Anonymousreply 413November 13, 2022 9:05 PM

r412 MARY!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414November 13, 2022 9:08 PM

A decent chunk is exaggerating a bit since I'm pretty sure there were less than 5. Sadly none were hot and one was pretty creepy towards Kit.

by Anonymousreply 415November 13, 2022 9:09 PM

I saw photo ops of around 15 or so, not sure if that was all of them but definitely more than I expected.

by Anonymousreply 416November 13, 2022 9:11 PM

I know HS has plenty of gay male fans, and a high number of gay male cast and crew, it was more the point, like you say, of them not being particularly active in the online fandom, and their presence as fully rounded and real people potentially being erased or at least brushed over. It’s that specific loud toxic online presence that just doesn’t feel like a comfortable place for gay men generally. And it’s definitely been far from comfortable for Bash and Joe.

I don’t know about individual accounts I don’t follow any fan ones so I guess I only really see the loudest ones the searches bring up. It’s just an impression

by Anonymousreply 417November 13, 2022 9:21 PM

I agree with you in general. HS fans love the sexless Nick and Charlie and the 'platonic soulmates' that are Joe and Kit, but the idea of Bash and Joe having an adult relationship sends them into a tizzy.

Also really hard to explain to the teenage girls that Nick and Charlie never doing anything but kissing for a couple years in a relationship as teenage boys is unrealistic as hell. But if you mention it they think you are a weirdo who just wants to see a teenagers have sex.

by Anonymousreply 418November 13, 2022 9:28 PM

Yes I was kind of referencing that while trying to not be accused of being an old pervert. It’s about realism and being authentic.

I am fine with an innocent queer love story it’s a refreshing change but I also couldn’t help thinking when I was trying to read the comics that 16 and 17 year old boys who have been together for over a year including sleeping in the same bed at least once and who have never even taken their shirts off let alone got to 3rd base just doesn’t feel part of my reality.

And then they need to talk to their friends about what the ‘new feelings’ they have when they kiss mean? I think that was the part conveniently after Charlie’s 16th birthday, I only read sections of it once so can’t remember it all.

It’s sweet in it’s own way but maybe just not the best preparation for certain fans to face the reality of adult relationships, queer or otherwise

by Anonymousreply 419November 13, 2022 9:56 PM

exactly! Males get boners when romantically kissing, so it was head-scratching that they never did anything about it

by Anonymousreply 420November 13, 2022 10:11 PM

I think it could’ve been more realistic (and hopefully will be in the show) if Alice made reference to “I’ve wanted to have sex for a while but my body image issues were so bad I was scared to” or “I’ve wanted to for w while but didn’t want to trigger Charlie and wanted to give him time with his mental health issues”. Would still work well with the narrative and let them “wait”; Nick still the supportive bf etc. but the dialogue about “new feelings” is so unrealistic. They’re teenagers; both probably got hard within their first 2 makeouts. Fine to not include that but acting like they were asexual till they were “ready” is daft.

Agree re homophobia with Joe and Bash. I see more screeching about biphobia on HStwt than either homophobia and transphobia. Not denying biphobia is a thing and I really feel for Kit, but it’s wild they’re always so defensive about it and kit and ignore Joe being insulted in pretty blatantly homophobic ways by trolls. They sometimes pay lip service to the looks based stuff but say fuck all about people calling him “too gay”; “a stereotype” etc. Some of the hit tweets from HS accounts I saw about Kit coming out were blatantly offensive; one with a thousand or so likes was saying biphobia was real as people believed Joe and Bash were queer with no issues because they’re “more effeminate” than Kit and thus kit is discriminated against. That’s blatantly fucking rude (and also not really true; Joe wears jeans and a jumper everywhere) and yet so many of these fangirls thought it was fine and not homophobic in their quest to make kit the only victim. Fucked up

by Anonymousreply 421November 14, 2022 1:53 AM

I do agree that this is clearly written by an asexual person and the lack of sex isn’t realistic for two teenage boys, BUT I also think that the very PG rating means that families will allow their young ish children to watch the show, which is really important for young queer representation. Having said that, I do hope they show some progression of the sexual stuff over time - but I doubt we’ll see more than kissing with shirts off.

by Anonymousreply 422November 14, 2022 8:20 AM

That fan must be super tiny to make Joe look that tall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423November 14, 2022 8:29 AM

Leila posted this to Instagram from when the cast was in Paris.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424November 14, 2022 3:34 PM

Kit and Joe reposted the picture within a minute of each other, both 2 hours after Leila originally posted, so they might be on set together.

by Anonymousreply 425November 14, 2022 3:41 PM

R425 my guess is it might be wrap day or week for a lot of the supporting cast. Leila and cori both posted throwbacks to Paris; if bash and Rhea wrapped last week and they wrap this week, Joe and Kit, and perhaps Yaz and Will, will finish up in the next week or two

by Anonymousreply 426November 14, 2022 3:47 PM

It's gone so quickly - I just really hope Tobie has vlogged a fair bit! Although it's been a fairly bumpy ride for Joe and Kit especially whilst filming, so who knows.

by Anonymousreply 427November 14, 2022 3:50 PM

R424 I assumed Bash took that photo as him and Joe are always together, but Kit shared it so maybe he was there.

by Anonymousreply 428November 14, 2022 3:51 PM

Kit has shared both posts but still doesn't seem to be commenting on anything. I hope it's just a coincidence and not that he's worried about abusive comments again...

by Anonymousreply 429November 14, 2022 4:10 PM

Has Leila deleted the photo of them at a restaurant? Wonder why

by Anonymousreply 430November 14, 2022 4:15 PM

People are tbh overthinking the kit commenting thing. His commenting on posts was always intermittent. Bash and Will have always been the most likely targets for comments, and he commented on Maia’s post the other day. This isn’t a huge change.

by Anonymousreply 431November 14, 2022 4:15 PM

R431 It may be a coincidence but I've noticed a change. He didn't comment on any of the GQ stuff (but shared it on stories), he didn't comment on Joe's post about Marvel, none of these Disney photos - whilst everyone else is commenting. Does seem a little strange. It might not be that he's specifically avoiding commenting and more that he's just withdrawn from social media in general.

by Anonymousreply 432November 14, 2022 5:31 PM

R432 you have your right to that opinion. I just don’t see what’s so odd about not commenting on things he ends up sharing anyway - especially when he shared joes news with a really sweet caption that would render any comment redundant: As I said he’s commented on Maia’s posts since anyway, and on the GQ writer’s post. I think people are perhaps overthinking the coming out a bit to be honest, saying he looks sad and is scared to comment and other things I’ve seen no evidence for. He said what he thought and good for him. Given the shitty comments / hashtag calling him a queerbaiter that seem to have motivated the tweet were under his comment on Maia’s post, surely if that was his concern he wouldn’t comment on her posts and yet he has. I think he’s pretty average on social media.

by Anonymousreply 433November 14, 2022 5:39 PM

R430 That is weird... I just looked at the photo again (it's floating around on Twitter) and I can't see any obvious reason why she'd take it down... nothing inadvertently personal revealed or anything.

by Anonymousreply 434November 14, 2022 5:40 PM

r424 Thanks for posting it, I would have missed it since it’s deleted now.

by Anonymousreply 435November 14, 2022 5:43 PM

Sweet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436November 15, 2022 8:29 AM

Kit saw an opportunity and he took it as he often does.

Speaking of, what are we thinking Kit and Joe might wear to the GQ MOTY event on Wednesday? Something more adventurous like they did to the Attitude Awards or something more conventional like they wore to the NTAs?

by Anonymousreply 437November 15, 2022 8:57 AM

Are we definitely thinking they’ll go? Hopefully, based on what a great reception their GQ cover/interview got.

by Anonymousreply 438November 15, 2022 9:02 AM

I think it’s more likely than not. I imagine the only reason they wouldn’t go is if they had some sort of unavoidable conflict with the show, like Olivia Colman only being available to film on that day or something.

by Anonymousreply 439November 15, 2022 9:15 AM

R437 I imagine (though no real idea) Joe at least might go quite adventurous. He has said before he’s fairly intimidated by or scared in all masculine spaces like locker rooms so maybe he’ll want something tamer but given what he wore in GQ itself I imagine he’ll end up in something sleeveless or something like that. Hopefully kit goes for something interesting and fitted well.

by Anonymousreply 440November 15, 2022 10:41 AM

We already suspected this, but it seems that one of the new cast members, Ash Self, won't have much of a part in the new season because he's literally had and is recovering from top surgery in the middle of the shoot.

by Anonymousreply 441November 15, 2022 2:57 PM

Was probably done filming anyway. I never expected his part to be big.. I'd guess a minute or so in a couple episodes.

by Anonymousreply 442November 15, 2022 3:21 PM

Have you SEEN his part?

Plenty big. Plenty.

by Anonymousreply 443November 15, 2022 3:23 PM

As cute as this is, do we think Kit was bothered that people secretly recorded him saying this and plastered it across the web? It's obviously not a private pet name as he said it in front of multiple fans, but he probably didn't expect thousands and thousands of people to hear it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444November 15, 2022 3:32 PM

It's more the fans who made it some big ass deal. And they weren't supposed to be recorded. Wasn't there some drama there because of all the recording that was done. Though I'm sure he was probably more bothered by other things he said that got recorded.

by Anonymousreply 445November 15, 2022 3:36 PM

I doubt he cared much. We don’t need to overthink everything that’s ever happened to Kit now, seriously.

by Anonymousreply 446November 15, 2022 3:38 PM

R446 That wasn't what I was doing. Asking for people's interpretation on something isn't overthinking - I actually don't especially think he minded about the 'darling' thing. I reckon he wasn't very happy about the 'I'm a terrible actor' thing being recorded, though. But either way, there's a reason the personalised videos were cancelled and there's a chance that could be because Joe and Kit weren't happy to be secretly recorded.

by Anonymousreply 447November 15, 2022 3:40 PM

He wasn't personally victimized by it, but R447 is right in that there was fallout from them being recorded and the videos were cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 448November 15, 2022 3:45 PM

R447 with all due respect a lot of your comments have been very much leaning into a narrative that Kit is stressed and freaked and upset for the last two weeks. I fully agree with you that the coming out seemed stressful and upsetting and my heart really goes out to him that he felt that pressure. But I’m not sure why so many of your comments have been speculating that he’s upset or looks tired or needs a hug or is not commenting on IG due to pressure or is mad about people hearing him jokingly call Joe darling. He seems very sweet and quite sensitive but I think is more resilient than you’re giving him credit for. The recordings in the private rooms are much more likely the reason things got cancelled; while recording technically wasn’t allowed at all at the con I think they both likely expected the tables / signings would have some audio than the private rooms.

by Anonymousreply 449November 15, 2022 3:46 PM

R449 I'm not denying that I think he's had a stressful time lately and probably is upset about it. I think the vast majority of people feel for him at the moment - it takes a great deal of harassment on social media to first quit Twitter and then publicly out yourself to millions, and he isn't just going to brush that off. No one's denying his resilience but anyone would struggle with that. Tweets from his friends have also implied that he's had a really rough time of it lately. At the end of the day, we're all speculating and filling in the gaps, though - we've seen almost nothing to confirm that he's either fine or not at all fine, and I suspect there's a lot more going on under the surface than we ever see. But I'm not sure what the issue is with me thinking that he's probably a bit fragile at the moment? That's no more reaching than people on here saying 'he seems fine' cos he went to the theatre...

(Like I said in a previous message, I don't think he was bothered by the 'darling' thing - I just came across the clip again online and was curious what people thought. It was unconnected to the coming out/is Kit okay situation.)

by Anonymousreply 450November 15, 2022 3:58 PM

R450 just curious are you equally concerned for Joe and Bash's mental health? lots of comments about Kit but despite Bash dealing with legitimately awful fans, Joe straight up admitting he has body dysmorphia, and he and Bash both seeming to have quit twitter as well, not seeing as much concern about what's "under the surface" for them.

by Anonymousreply 451November 15, 2022 4:01 PM

R441 he seems like a sweet kid. Fans donated to his fundraiser for top surgery as he hadn’t realized he’d left it up and he redistributed the funds to other top surgery support funds.

by Anonymousreply 452November 15, 2022 4:04 PM

R451 Ridiculous that I'm having to clarify that, but yes. Guessing you haven't looked properly at my previous posts? I spent hours on Twitter defending Joe and Bash from the idiots, and getting many people locked out of their accounts for their trolling towards them.

by Anonymousreply 453November 15, 2022 4:04 PM

R453 Didn't really care enough to look through your past posts if I'm honest. That's nice of you though, fair enough. Will say I think it's probably worth ignoring trolls like that for the most part unless they're actually unhinged.

by Anonymousreply 454November 15, 2022 4:07 PM

R454 Ah okay, your 'I'm not seeing much care for Joe or Bash' comment is a tad weird then if you didn't look through my posts - unless you were just taking the last couple of comments as some sort of confirmation.

by Anonymousreply 455November 15, 2022 4:16 PM

Joe just signed with CAA

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456November 15, 2022 4:58 PM

R451 As someone that likes all 3 of them and has been around for.a while, would it matter if they had a preference and were more concerned about Kit than about the others? This place spent months constantly slagging Kit. You often couldn't say anything slightly positive about him without someone immediately making some sort of snarky comment about poor Joe and Bash being overshadowed by the "straight" guy and how Kit was terrible for existing, etc etc.

R456 So exciting for him! He's had a HELL of a month.

by Anonymousreply 457November 15, 2022 6:04 PM

Love that Joe signed with a biggie.

by Anonymousreply 458November 15, 2022 6:23 PM

I’m honestly more impressed that Joe book a Marvel job with only UK representation. And he didn’t have an agent at all when he auditioned for HS. He is clearly good at auditions. What types of roles will he get now that he has top tear representation?

by Anonymousreply 459November 15, 2022 6:30 PM

For the people like me that care about this kind of thing, Joe’s still being repped by the firm that helped him with the Marvel deal (Sloane, Offer, Weber & Dern). So it’s Markham, Froggatt & Irwin/Prosper PR in the UK and Sloane, Offer, Weber & Dern/CAA in the US.

by Anonymousreply 460November 15, 2022 6:41 PM

Joe, Alice, Kit sent in a video to accept this award.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461November 15, 2022 6:47 PM

R461, I'm assuming that's not all of it, otherwise a bit lacklustre lol

by Anonymousreply 462November 15, 2022 6:58 PM

R461 lol brevity is the soul of wit. Joe and Kit are so likable

by Anonymousreply 463November 15, 2022 6:58 PM

r462 The woman that spoke right before did warn that it was a short message! Haha.

by Anonymousreply 464November 15, 2022 7:00 PM

Excuse my forgetfulness but if this the same agency Kit got signed with a couple months ago?

Really great for Joe, I have no doubt he is going to continue to do incredible well for himself.

by Anonymousreply 465November 15, 2022 9:11 PM

No, Kit's with WME

by Anonymousreply 466November 15, 2022 9:17 PM

No Kit signed with WME.

by Anonymousreply 467November 15, 2022 9:17 PM

R465 as others have said Kit is with WME. For more context, They’re 2 of the big 3 agencies (used to be 4 but CAA acquired or is acquiring ICM) so insanely good for both.

by Anonymousreply 468November 15, 2022 9:18 PM

Alice laying down the law

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469November 15, 2022 10:14 PM

She needs to get some perspective. It's hardly horrifying. And there's a lot of questionable things going on in the hs fandom on any given day, but posting her old art isn't one of them. The internet is forever. Get over it.

Also feel she's humble bragging a bit. Oh dear, the pain of being so beloved and popular. How will she ever recover.

by Anonymousreply 470November 15, 2022 10:24 PM

Being as generous as I can here, I can understand how seeing old art or writing from when you’re a teenager might make you cringe a bit later. I’m sure I thought I was a great writer at that age and now am like …oh.

That said Alice really is someone who got famous too young. They never had to work a normal job and often it shows in the things they complain about and their ability to take feedback or ignore things they don’t like. Also it’s not that anyone has a monopoly on having a bad time but dramatically quitting Twitter over some critique of the show and then posting this in the 3 weeks after kit felt forced to come out, Joe and bash were torn apart online, and the GQ article came out talking about the anxiety (Kit) and body dysmorphia (Joe) they’ve suffered as a result of social media after the show isn’t the best look, given the cast are all teenagers and going through it

by Anonymousreply 471November 15, 2022 10:29 PM

Oof Alice, read the room.

by Anonymousreply 472November 15, 2022 10:50 PM

What’s the big deal if her old art is reposted? If anything, it’s great that it shows how she’s progressed? And laughing at “old art you shared with friends” when it’s art she posted on a public Tumblr that was up for years and years.

by Anonymousreply 473November 15, 2022 11:55 PM

She was already doing HS more than 6 years ago, so no it wasn't just with her besties, but with people she was trying to get to read her work. She'd be kinda amusing if her cast of teenagers weren't constantly harassed while she complains about the stupidest shit. Also HS got thousands of likes even back in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 474November 16, 2022 12:04 AM

Paywalled, new thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475November 16, 2022 9:33 AM

Film Independent interview that was just released.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476December 8, 2022 9:13 PM

Everyone was playing nice in the last thread, what gives?

by Anonymousreply 477December 8, 2022 9:45 PM

Yeah, not sure what's going on but it's getting annoying. There were no issues in the last thread. Some people are paying to use this forum and threads shouldn't just be deleted willy nilly, and on a regular basis. Especially when there were basically zero trolls.

by Anonymousreply 478December 8, 2022 9:47 PM

Try a different op next time instead of just continue, not sure if that'll help but couldn't hurt. Ask a question, do a poll, whatever. See the White Lotus threads. Don't try to hide it since that just leads to further problems as we've seen before. Probably just going to have to deal with whoever hates the threads deleting them from time to time.

by Anonymousreply 479December 8, 2022 9:54 PM

I thought their answers to the fame question were interesting. Joe went for a very diplomatic and unrealistically positive answer, but then Kit was able to be pretty honest and talk about how terrifying it is and how everything they do feels like a mistake. They’re both incredibly eloquent for their age.

by Anonymousreply 480December 9, 2022 8:25 AM

R480 to be honest I think Joe has completely given up on the fan base and being honest so he’s giving surface level answers there. I get it; he and Bash can’t breathe without being lambasted on there and trying to push back would have the Twitter mob saying he refused to take accountability for it. Kit is the only one who could really get away with saying that and I’m glad he did, he’s totally right. It’s genuinely a little funny seeing all the same people who were horrible about Joe liking tweets defending bash and about bash existing tweeting that part of the interview to say they agree with Kit there’s too much pressure on them… the call is coming from inside the house morons.

by Anonymousreply 481December 9, 2022 12:43 PM

Kit (and potentially some of the other cast/Alice) must be on his way to LA today, right? If he didn’t already fly yesterday. Wonder if we’ll start seeing fan photos pop up.

I’d be very surprised and pretty disappointed if Kit doesn’t go to the Emmys, but I imagine he will - he’s unlikely to have a very specific work thing that he can’t get out of on a Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 482December 9, 2022 12:50 PM

R482 honestly unless he had an unavoidable conflict I do not think Netflix would let him skip; they went out of their way to make sure HS was nominated (strategizing to switch to these awards and not the main ones) and especially given the show is in its first year will want to put in a good appearance. The only one who can skip without an “excuse” to Netflix is Olivia Colman for obvious reasons

by Anonymousreply 483December 9, 2022 12:54 PM

I saw some "I'm glad Kit knows it's not us who are bad" when, no he's talking about you. Anyone who has ever uttered the word "accountability" they pretty much hate

I can't imagine Kit not going... I think the last time fans saw him was Wednesday? He had no meet and greets yesterday. I'd guess he's on his way.

by Anonymousreply 484December 9, 2022 12:54 PM

I think Joe’s shorter and more diplomatic answers aren’t necessarily because he’s over the fans, but more that he’s tired. That half-hour sit down wasn’t something that was meant for fans, it was targeted to awards voters and Film Independent members.

I’ve noticed that Joe and Kit are well-balanced in that Kit takes the lead in interviews and Joe takes the lead in public speaking. Pretty convenient.

And there’s no way Kit doesn’t go to the Emmys. I think he’s probably already in LA since he wasn’t spotted at all in Argentina yesterday and the fans were definitely hunting.

by Anonymousreply 485December 9, 2022 1:54 PM

R485 Yeah, that's a good point about the balance of interviews and public speaking. They're nicely in tune with each other and pick up on subtle cues when the other isn't sure of an answer or has slightly lost their thread, and then they step in. Joe also has a sweet way of actively listening and nodding encouragingly when Kit is public speaking and nervous.

by Anonymousreply 486December 9, 2022 2:04 PM

LA seems reasonable easy to hide in if you aren't going to touristy places. Helps that the show isn't insanely popular in the US like it is in other places. I don't think Kit got nearly as bothered in LA compared to Argentina. Bash and Joe are somewhere out there not being spotted too. I'm sure Kit's there or will be there today.

by Anonymousreply 487December 9, 2022 2:05 PM

r485 I've noticed that about Kit and Joe as well. It's refreshing that there's no ego between them and that instead they lean on each other. They've been doing these Zooms specifically for awards and they've both gone out of their way to highlight each other's work in them. A lesser and more self-centered actor wouldn't do that.

by Anonymousreply 488December 9, 2022 2:37 PM

R488 "A lesser and more self-centered actor wouldn't do that"... Like Yaz, lol.

by Anonymousreply 489December 9, 2022 2:48 PM

R488 agreed, they have a really sweet and generous friendship. They seem so authentically happy for one another’s success

by Anonymousreply 490December 9, 2022 3:42 PM

Will's posted some stories from LA - he went to some concert/gig last night. Wouldn't be surprised if Kit (and maybe others) went with him, but he might not want to tag him and give away his location.

by Anonymousreply 491December 9, 2022 4:18 PM

R491 I think it was actually a fashion event by Celine the brand, so unsure if it was just him who got the invite.

by Anonymousreply 492December 9, 2022 4:22 PM

Sorry wrong thread

by Anonymousreply 493December 9, 2022 4:33 PM

Will was there with his sister

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494December 9, 2022 4:34 PM

The difference between Brazil and LA is crazy, they couldn’t leave restaurants in Brazil without being surrounded, so far looks like they’ve only been recognised once in LA, and Joe has potentially been there 5 days already, I always assumed HS was big in the states, clearly not as big as I thought.

by Anonymousreply 495December 9, 2022 6:26 PM

R495 I know! Kit was recognised a fair bit when he was in LA last time, although he did post a photo of his location early on so creepy people could track him down and knew he was in LA.

by Anonymousreply 496December 9, 2022 6:27 PM

I think some people (Joe is clearly one) are incredible at not getting spotted. Kit isn’t as good at it but he’ll learn. Jennifer Lawrence lives in NY and walks around with her husband and kid, by herself, etc and you really don’t see many fan or paparazzi pics of her, and she’s way more famous

by Anonymousreply 497December 9, 2022 6:30 PM

I also get the impression that people are generally a bit less overexcited at seeing a celebrity in LA because tons of them live there so it's more normal?

by Anonymousreply 498December 9, 2022 6:31 PM

I live not far from Windsor Castle and we often see members of the royal family driving around, horse riding etc, it’s true you kind of become desensitised to it

by Anonymousreply 499December 9, 2022 6:37 PM

HS is not as big in the US r495. It dropped off Netflix’s top 10 by day 3. Some teens and gays are aware of it but it didn’t get the same reception as it did in most other places. Not a single one of my family members or 100+ coworkers have watched it or even care to, despite my insistence.

by Anonymousreply 500December 9, 2022 6:44 PM

It’s going to depend on where they go, really. Joe and Bash were recognized at the Pantages because if you’re going to find Heartstopper fans, it’s going to be at the theater. The gayer the place, the more likely they’ll be recognized.

by Anonymousreply 501December 9, 2022 6:55 PM

I think these two are new.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502December 9, 2022 7:59 PM

Those pics are really flattering for both of them

by Anonymousreply 503December 9, 2022 8:01 PM

Joes side profile is incredible, that jaw could cut glass

by Anonymousreply 504December 9, 2022 8:20 PM

Love this. I highly doubt he was just scrolling during an interview - I reckon he was trying to do something technical. One reply said he might be trying to move the video icons to the right place on the screen so he was looking in the right direction or something?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505December 9, 2022 8:43 PM

Also possible he forgot to turn off his iMessage and clicked/scrolled to get rid of any notifications he got during the call

by Anonymousreply 506December 9, 2022 9:25 PM

Kit is still in Argentina.

by Anonymousreply 507December 9, 2022 10:22 PM

R507 how do you know?

by Anonymousreply 508December 9, 2022 10:26 PM

It seems unlikely he wouldn’t go but I did think it was weird they chose Will to present & not Kit. It’s not until Sunday though, still loads of time for him to fly over.

by Anonymousreply 509December 9, 2022 10:32 PM

Picture from today. Plus fans have been at the airport for days waiting for him

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510December 9, 2022 10:34 PM

He’s still there and couldn’t even jinx the game? Ugh. The source for the picture is abrucas on Instagram.

If he doesn’t go because he’s too busy visiting a girl he’s an idiot. I don’t think he’s an idiot. We’ll see, I guess. Maybe he’s not presenting because he’s not going to be in LA early enough for the show rehearsal but will be there for the actual ceremony.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 511December 9, 2022 10:39 PM

I don't think he'd miss it... though I do think he's going to go very last minute and probably as late at night as possible. He still has plenty of time to get there.

by Anonymousreply 512December 9, 2022 10:43 PM

R492 You’re right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513December 9, 2022 10:44 PM

Funniest thing about Kit being with Maia is reading some of the crazy hardcore Kit and Joe stan comments. Completely unhinged behavior. If he doesn't go to the Emmy's because he's hanging with her they are going to call the police on her for child abuse. I don't actually see him skipping it though.

by Anonymousreply 514December 9, 2022 10:46 PM

I have negative interest in his or any of the cast's relationships and even I would egg them on if he misses the fucking Emmys, ngl. If he misses that kind of event for a girlfriend at least get a girlfriend that isn't a Z-lister that does nothing for you the way an Emmy nomination does.

by Anonymousreply 515December 9, 2022 10:51 PM

He’s very serious about his job and I think it’s highly unlikely that he’d miss a fairly big awards show cos he’d rather hang out with his gal. If he doesn’t go (which would be v surprising), it’ll be for another reason.

by Anonymousreply 516December 9, 2022 10:56 PM

Also if he’s so serious about her he’d skip the Emmys for her (which, like others, I doubt he’ll skip) he would be serious enough about her to just take her with him instead. Also don’t think the decision is solely up to him, to be honest - unless he had a good reason for missing I think Netflix would functionally demand he attend. If it was season 2 or 3/not his and the show’s first nominations they’d likely care less but I think they’ll definitely push all the nominated cast to attend

by Anonymousreply 517December 9, 2022 11:02 PM

Just taking her makes a lot more sense than not going so he can hang with her. I don't suspect either will happen. There are still plenty of flights out and the event is not until Sunday. If he's still around tomorrow night then people can start to freak out.

by Anonymousreply 518December 9, 2022 11:11 PM

Also wanting to see an Argentina World Cup match with Argentinian fans makes sense. Maia is super into it and I presume like most semi bloke-y English guys Kit is too, so staying through tonight makes sense

by Anonymousreply 519December 9, 2022 11:16 PM

I’m especially rooting for the guy (girl?) on here who bought a ticket to the awards mainly to see Kit. I’m pretty sure he’ll be there.

by Anonymousreply 520December 9, 2022 11:16 PM

Thanks r520. I land at LAX around noon so if he wants to hop a red eye tonight and show up around the same time that’s fine by me!

by Anonymousreply 521December 9, 2022 11:23 PM

Variety has Kit as an alternate in their Globe predictions, which is higher than I expected:

Best Actor in a TV Series (Comedy) Jeremy Allen White — “The Bear” (FX) Steve Martin — “Only Murders in the Building” (Hulu) Bill Hader — “Barry” (HBO) Keegan-Michael Key — “Reboot” (Hulu) Nathan Fielder — “The Rehearsal” (HBO)

Alternate: Kit Connor, “Heartstopper” (Netflix)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522December 9, 2022 11:28 PM

R521 Ha, it isn’t out of the question if he wants to fly at night to mostly avoid fans.

by Anonymousreply 523December 9, 2022 11:29 PM

R522 That's interesting. GG is more off the wall with their noms, but that seems very unlikely. Not sure why they don't think Martin Short or Ramy Youssef will get it nominations over Kit.

by Anonymousreply 524December 9, 2022 11:51 PM

R524 I would swap Keegan-Michael Key out for Short. I get the logic behind Kit as an alternate, though. Out of GG and SAG, GG is more likely to spotlight a younger talent. GG was where Chris Colfer won, if I'm remembering correctly. But I don't think Netflix has pushed the show enough for Kit to get in.

by Anonymousreply 525December 10, 2022 12:22 AM

R525 agreed re younger talent but honestly even with a Netflix push I would be very surprised to see Kit get in. He did a great job but the show material is just way too light and fluffy for that. Glee for all its train wreck was smartly written the first two seasons and I think the season Chris won, he had a really heavy storyline

by Anonymousreply 526December 10, 2022 12:26 AM

Actors Kit Connor, who plays Nick Nelson, and Joe Locke, as Charlie Spring, were surprised by the series' success. EL COLOMBIANO told them that Heartstopper was included in the list of the best series of the year by Generación magazine.

“Thank you so much, I really appreciate it,” Kit Connor said. “It's a real honor to be a part of Heartstopper and the fact that people liked it is a whole other thing to me, it's definitely cool. We're all so proud of the show we did and even if people didn't like it, I think we'd still be proud, but the fact that it's gotten this reaction has been really lovely."

Both actors met thanks to the series. “We first met on Zoom for a reading to see our 'chemistry,' Kit says, which is very strange, because it's hard to judge your chemistry with someone through a screen, but then we met in person for our final audition."

- What was your first impression of me Kit?, asks the actor Joe Locke.

- It was a very interesting day because you arrived late and the rest of us, the main cast and crew, had met earlier that day and had time to get to know each other a bit. You were quite nervous and quite shy, but you still behaved very well.

- I tried.

- From there we did our scene, the scene was very good. We had a great time and I was very impressed.

Joe appreciated the compliment and remembered that Kit's first impression of him was to point out that he had very broad thumbs.

- That's right, show your thumbs Joe. They are quite wide (laughs). I think maybe that's just a reflection of my obsession with seeing people's hands when I meet them.

Heartstopper, as a result of its success, has already confirmed two more seasons (in the graphic novel there are five volumes). Regarding the message of acceptance that the series has left, Joe hopes that it has permeated the viewers, but he clarifies that the idea, from the beginning, was not a series that generated a politically correct message, "we just wanted to tell this story in a pleasant way, of young people who fall in love, fall in love with their friends and everything else, but if that serves to create a good message, then incredible”.

Kit adds that overall the entire cast loved the idea of ​​Heartstopper being a series, “and I think we all saw it as an important show to do and over time I just keep thinking we're just teenagers trying to find our way. and accidentally left a big message.”

- EL COLOMBIANO has defined the series as optimistic, what word do you use to define it?

- Optimistic I also like, says Kit, but I'll add another: touching

- I say that the series is nice, Joe notes, it's nice to watch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 527December 10, 2022 3:17 AM

R527 interesting joe was “late”; I wonder if it was purposeful for some reason or if it was a flight delay? Would’ve loved to be a fly on the wall to see Bash’s reaction when he walked in

by Anonymousreply 528December 10, 2022 3:19 AM

Bash wouldn't have been there, it was the day they chemistry tested the main six/the couples and then told them they got the parts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529December 10, 2022 3:23 AM

R529 oh got you, I missed that. Mystery remains re why he was the last though. Maybe they were testing another Charlie too

by Anonymousreply 530December 10, 2022 3:33 AM

Here’s a short video of the casting director explaining it all (there were 2 groups in the end)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531December 10, 2022 3:51 AM

R527 Kit has an obsession with seeing people’s hands when he meets them? That’s interesting, haven’t heard that one before.

by Anonymousreply 532December 10, 2022 7:46 AM

No sightings of Kit yet today, I’m guessing? You’d better be on a plane, lad!

by Anonymousreply 533December 10, 2022 2:10 PM

Yes please r533! I’m at the airport and keeping an eagle eye on case he had a layover here. I’m at a pretty big hub for American Airlines which i suspect is what he’d take since it’s part of alliance with British Airways.

by Anonymousreply 534December 10, 2022 2:21 PM

R534 Haha, do keep us updated. You're our eyes on the 'inside'.

by Anonymousreply 535December 10, 2022 2:23 PM

He probably left as late as possible. Surprised nobody saw him at the airport though knowing he was in town. But I'm sure he has his ways.

by Anonymousreply 536December 10, 2022 2:39 PM

He was active on Instagram a little bit ago, he took about 3 seconds to like a picture of Harry Styles in his underwear.

by Anonymousreply 537December 10, 2022 2:43 PM

R536 a face mask and a cap still works wonders to be honest

by Anonymousreply 538December 10, 2022 3:35 PM

I can't imagine becoming famous and having people dig up videos of me as a little kid. This is adorable, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 539December 10, 2022 4:58 PM

He's a former child actor. Don't gotta dig much to find little kid Kit

by Anonymousreply 540December 10, 2022 5:07 PM

R539 Very cute - I do wonder where on earth they find these things, though.

by Anonymousreply 541December 10, 2022 5:10 PM

Dance classes would explain why Kit was the best of the lot when Cori was trying to teach them the HSM choreography.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542December 10, 2022 5:17 PM

R542 that video is so funny. Joes also said he’s an awful dancer because he walks with his feet turned out naturally

by Anonymousreply 543December 10, 2022 6:42 PM

I've linked this here before, but there's a bit of Joe dancing in the background of this video - he's probably had as much if not more dance classes than Kit! Seems to be keeping up with the choreography okay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 544December 10, 2022 6:45 PM

Twitter seems convinced Kit is missing the Emmys - have I missed him being spotted in Argentina today or are they just being weirdly paranoid?

by Anonymousreply 545December 10, 2022 7:02 PM

I don't believe there have been any Kit sightings today, so I reckon he's currently airborne or has surreptitiously arrived in LA already. Wonder how our DL spy is faring.

by Anonymousreply 546December 10, 2022 7:06 PM

He hasn't been spotted today. He's got plenty of time to get there if he isn't already. Cali is also 5 hours behind Argentina. Maia's updated her IG stories at what looks like the beach so I'm assuming she wouldn't do that if Kit were still around

I was curious if anyone else would go, but it doesn't seem like Cori or Kizzy are going to LA.

by Anonymousreply 547December 10, 2022 7:08 PM

For all Kit seems into Maia and is pretty low key, he’s clearly ambitious about his career. Minus Gay times he’s shown up to every award alongside Joe, including Attitude, NTAs, etc. i find it hard to believe he would want to miss the Emmys, let alone that Netflix would let him.

by Anonymousreply 548December 10, 2022 7:09 PM

I reckon his plan was always to hang around in Argentina long enough to see the match and meet Maia's friends, and then head off soon after that. I agree that he wouldn't miss it without a big reason, especially as other castmates are going.

by Anonymousreply 549December 10, 2022 7:11 PM

Being into Maia wouldn’t preclude him going, he could take her if he wants to keep spending time with her so it would be especially boneheaded if he skipped for that reason. Twitter needs to remember that we wouldn’t know about Joe and Bash being in LA at all if it wasn’t for a single chance encounter with a fan.

by Anonymousreply 550December 10, 2022 7:12 PM

R544 This is very cute, his awkward dancing is endearing.

by Anonymousreply 551December 10, 2022 7:14 PM

R550 The whole thing is silly since he can always just fly back out on Monday to see her. There's no way he's missing the Emmy's to stay with her. They are a long distance relationship. Time apart obviously doesn't bother them

And Will posted about being in LA too, nobody would anything otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 552December 10, 2022 7:16 PM

DL spy here. no Kit sighting yet. There is a flight arriving from Miami in 10 minutes that was one of the possibilities as a layover from Buenos Aires.

by Anonymousreply 553December 10, 2022 7:17 PM

R553 Good good, doing your job well so far lol. Are you at the airport?

by Anonymousreply 554December 10, 2022 7:29 PM

Yep yep. at baggage claim, going to hang here a minute longer to see who wanders in from the Miami flight.

by Anonymousreply 555December 10, 2022 7:44 PM

If you pop up with a photo of you and Kit in five minutes, we'll all collectively cheer. No pressure.

by Anonymousreply 556December 10, 2022 8:12 PM

Sadly no go r556.

by Anonymousreply 557December 10, 2022 8:26 PM

Darn, thanks for trying anyway. Maia is back to posting photos of her location so I’m guessing Kit is no longer with her.

by Anonymousreply 558December 10, 2022 8:42 PM

R557 good on you for having that much patience. Hopefully you get to see him at the awards!

by Anonymousreply 559December 10, 2022 9:36 PM

Perhaps I should head to the nearest Five Guys?

by Anonymousreply 560December 10, 2022 10:34 PM

I wouldn't really bother at this point. He has to be there by now and probably getting ready to the awards tonight. Starts in over an hour.

by Anonymousreply 561December 10, 2022 10:44 PM

R561 Could be wrong but I don’t imagine the cast will go to the awards tonight - they’ll likely just go tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 562December 10, 2022 10:45 PM

I feel they'll go? minus Yaz who wouldn't bother. Guess we'll see.

by Anonymousreply 563December 10, 2022 10:46 PM

It’s quite a lot to sit through two long awards shows in two nights, so I doubt it - also, the red carpet stuff is from 2.30-4.30 and no pics of them yet, as far as I’m aware.

by Anonymousreply 564December 10, 2022 10:52 PM

r560 I’m not even kidding, if you want to look for him that would actually be your best bet. Even when he was in Argentina he was ordering burgers according to someone that met him.

by Anonymousreply 565December 10, 2022 10:55 PM

R564 You are probably right. Wishful thinking on my part that they'd go, but it's a lot

R565 That's pretty funny.

by Anonymousreply 566December 10, 2022 10:57 PM

R565 it’s funny he and Joe are stars, signed with big agencies, dressed in designer outfits all the time - and yet in their off time kit is in white tshirts and at Five Guys and Joe is in Bash’s hand me downs and at Pret. They’ve stayed incredibly down to earth

by Anonymousreply 567December 10, 2022 11:00 PM

I hope they stay that way r567

by Anonymousreply 568December 10, 2022 11:07 PM

R566 that’s quite funny! English boys and their burgers… lol

Though I get the impression that Kit is slightly more adventurous than Joe when it comes to food. At least he knew what an empanada was lol

by Anonymousreply 569December 10, 2022 11:17 PM

Bash commented on this red carpet pic so it seems pretty sure that they’re not there this evening.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570December 10, 2022 11:21 PM

No sign of Bash or Joe out and about, at least around the Hollywood and Highland area.

by Anonymousreply 571December 10, 2022 11:24 PM

R570 And Joe liked it, so yeah, they aren't going

by Anonymousreply 572December 10, 2022 11:25 PM

If you met Joe DL anon tell him to change his IG pfp

by Anonymousreply 573December 10, 2022 11:27 PM

R569 kit grew up just outside London while Joe was in IOM, won’t blame him too much for not knowing Mexican food well. Did think one of Joe’s pre show interviews was funny - he mentions growing up a bit picky and trying to expand his palate to include more prawns and seafood. Immediately pinged that that was likely Bash’s mother’sGreek influence

by Anonymousreply 574December 10, 2022 11:28 PM

R574 Mexican?

by Anonymousreply 575December 10, 2022 11:32 PM

R575 if I remember correctly in the context of the interview it was about Mexican food, could be fully making that up though. Also let’s be real i doubt IOM has many South American restaurants either

by Anonymousreply 576December 10, 2022 11:39 PM

Bradley wants to make sure his birthday isn’t forgotten in the shuffle of the Emmys

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577December 10, 2022 11:42 PM

Kit’s commented on the make-up artist’s post now as well. Drop the location. 🎤

by Anonymousreply 578December 10, 2022 11:44 PM

R577 Did he really post about his birthday at midnight? Poor Bradley.

by Anonymousreply 579December 10, 2022 11:45 PM

I don't think a lot of people on here will necessarily know who he is, but I just realized that the girl Maia is with is Chayanne's daughter. It cracks me up that Maia is a nepo baby and so are her friends.

by Anonymousreply 580December 11, 2022 12:01 AM

If this is how tomorrow's Emmys ceremony will also go. It will be a torture.

by Anonymousreply 581December 11, 2022 12:07 AM

It's so childish. Embarrassing

by Anonymousreply 582December 11, 2022 12:08 AM

Does anyone have a streaming link?

by Anonymousreply 583December 11, 2022 12:09 AM

That theater is tiny as hell, at this rate I wouldn’t be surprised if the DLer ends up sitting on Kit’s lap.

by Anonymousreply 584December 11, 2022 12:10 AM

Here's the stream.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585December 11, 2022 12:10 AM

R583 Gotta sign up, but it's free

can also download the app

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586December 11, 2022 12:10 AM

Why is she shouting

by Anonymousreply 587December 11, 2022 12:11 AM

R587 She's Jojo and that's what she does. I know this is for children/family/teen shows ,but nobody in the audience or nominated here is a child. Should have made it a bit more of a serious event

Need a new thread soon. Not sure how people want to do it, but don't do continue here again

by Anonymousreply 588December 11, 2022 12:13 AM

Hopefully Jack McBrayer is a bit better, Jesus Christ. This theatre really is tiny; now thinking the rest of the cast won’t come and it’ll just be the actual nominees, Will’s sister, any plus one Yaz brings, and Bash.

by Anonymousreply 589December 11, 2022 12:13 AM

This tie is going to make me unrealistically hope that Joe and Kit tie tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 590December 11, 2022 12:25 AM

R584 If you’d like to call them and offer up your idea I would VERY much appreciate it.

by Anonymousreply 591December 11, 2022 12:28 AM

If the presenters are going to be on stage for this long. Atleast we'll get great Joe Will content tomorrow

by Anonymousreply 592December 11, 2022 12:34 AM

This is torture though. I hope tomorrow's show isn't as awful

by Anonymousreply 593December 11, 2022 12:41 AM

Heartstopper won outstanding casting

by Anonymousreply 594December 11, 2022 12:42 AM

That's a pretty good sign.

by Anonymousreply 595December 11, 2022 12:44 AM

And thank god they chose a good scene to show on the screen.

NTAs scenes for kit and Joe pissed me off.

by Anonymousreply 596December 11, 2022 12:45 AM

Someone creative give me something to write in the OP of a new thread before we reach 600 and I'll make it

by Anonymousreply 597December 11, 2022 12:46 AM

The casting was easily the best part of Heartstopper, so it was definitely deserved.

by Anonymousreply 598December 11, 2022 12:46 AM

R597 Maybe mention that it’s won Emmys this weekend or something? Idk if you want something clever or relevant.

by Anonymousreply 599December 11, 2022 12:47 AM

R597 agreed with r599; maybe a poll about how many Emmys we guess the show will win or something.

by Anonymousreply 600December 11, 2022 12:48 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!