Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What is wrong with Madonna? Drugs or Mental Illness?

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593December 26, 2022 12:56 AM

Desperation.

by Anonymousreply 1November 4, 2022 2:46 AM

I’d guess a combo of drugs, enablers, and maybe brain damage

by Anonymousreply 2November 4, 2022 2:47 AM

A little from column A, a lot from column B.

by Anonymousreply 3November 4, 2022 2:49 AM

That was kind of scary, even for her.

by Anonymousreply 4November 4, 2022 2:52 AM

Early onset dementia. It's brutal when it occurs in someone her age.

by Anonymousreply 5November 4, 2022 2:53 AM

She's almost 70, not that unusual. I wish she would pull a Greta Garbo and disappear.

by Anonymousreply 6November 4, 2022 2:57 AM

Both

by Anonymousreply 7November 4, 2022 2:59 AM

Does she bleach her eyebrows?

by Anonymousreply 8November 4, 2022 3:03 AM

It’s incredibly sad. She completely doesn’t seem herself at all. Her personality completely changed. Let’s not pretend just about every major celebrity has had some sort of major public breakdown due to x, y, or z. Will she recover? I want her to. I want her to get well.

by Anonymousreply 9November 4, 2022 3:04 AM

I love Willie Nelson!

by Anonymousreply 10November 4, 2022 3:06 AM

She's suffering from chronic untreated California Hot Tub Rectal Gonorrhea.

by Anonymousreply 11November 4, 2022 3:08 AM

64 is not “almost 70”.

But yeah, she needs to get a grip. Woof. I think back at some of the women in their early 60s whom I knew twenty years ago. They never, ever would have behaved like this. Even if they were as famously (and as famously trashy in their youth) as Madonna.

I want to root for her, for whatever reason, but she does not make it easy. The plastic surgery or fillers or whatever it is, for starters. How horrible would she REALLY have looked right now if it weren’t for all that? Couldn’t have been that bad. There are certainly lots of people around her age who get *tasteful* work done. Why couldn’t she?

by Anonymousreply 12November 4, 2022 3:13 AM

She is suffering from malignant narcissism and aging.

by Anonymousreply 13November 4, 2022 3:13 AM

She’s doing the same tired thing she’s always done. “Have I shocked you yet? Are you looking at me? Am I your goddess?” Only she got old and there isn’t much left to do, to be transgressive. “How about my boobs? Want to see ‘em? Oh, please, please, please! They’re so big now! Please, God, click on my dopamine provider!”

by Anonymousreply 14November 4, 2022 3:14 AM

She looks great for 64. Flawless skin.

by Anonymousreply 15November 4, 2022 3:17 AM

Lol!

by Anonymousreply 16November 4, 2022 3:20 AM

Is everyone in the world becoming unglued?

by Anonymousreply 17November 4, 2022 3:23 AM

She still looks good but why is she making these videos?

If I were her I'd be sipping on Cristal and lighting the bowl and chilling. Not making awkward videos that may have to be explained to the public and the media.

And why is she always at home? Is there still lockdown where she is?

by Anonymousreply 18November 4, 2022 3:24 AM

Fuck the haters. Cher certainly acted and still acts trashy, had some horrific plastic surgery. Dolly Parton looks hideous up close. She’s embraces trashy. So STFU. Madonna is clearly not well. I don’t find it funny. We’ll likely never know what really happened/is happening.

by Anonymousreply 19November 4, 2022 3:30 AM

[quote] She still looks good

Who knew Helen Keller was alive and posting on DL?

by Anonymousreply 20November 4, 2022 3:33 AM

That third picture of her posing on the bed gives me Exorcist vibes.

by Anonymousreply 21November 4, 2022 3:34 AM

They're skincare ads (notice the air-brushing). She has to keep her brand current.

by Anonymousreply 22November 4, 2022 3:38 AM

If the bitch doesn't leave her face alone she will be blind. Her eyes are two tiny little slits now.

by Anonymousreply 23November 4, 2022 3:40 AM

Cher and Dolly are not crass, that's the difference.

by Anonymousreply 24November 4, 2022 3:42 AM

R24 oh puhleeeze. Cher especially was quite trashy and crass. JFC you haters twist into pretzels to ding Madonna or defend another diva. Dolly looks atrocious, Reba as well. Cher was looking bad, but fixed it. But sure, nitpick adjectives just so you can hate the woman who destroyed your faves in sales.

by Anonymousreply 25November 4, 2022 3:51 AM

She thought she would remain as relevant as she did in 1990 and just cannot deal with being yesterday's news.

by Anonymousreply 26November 4, 2022 4:09 AM

Does she not realize that the more she behaves this way, the more people will talk about her age, which seems to be the opposite of what she wants people to focus on?

by Anonymousreply 27November 4, 2022 4:18 AM

[quote] What is wrong with Madonna? Drugs or Mental Illness?

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 28November 4, 2022 4:21 AM

She looks as terrible as Marlo Thomas now looks. Hideous.

by Anonymousreply 29November 4, 2022 4:22 AM

It also damages her brand. She was a top concert draw, but nobody wants to see this freak show live anymore. Nobody wants to pay or admit to paying to see her.

Her next tour will flop and then it's going to get really ugly.

I say this as a longtime fan but it looks grimmer for her as the days go by.

by Anonymousreply 30November 4, 2022 4:22 AM

R26 Really stupid and tired talking point. She only had the most successful tours year after year from 2009-2016. Poor Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 31November 4, 2022 4:29 AM

Cher was working when Madonna was 3, doing backup on some of the most classic 60s songs of all time. By the time Madonna was 5, Cher was a star.

And still is. Keeping herself busy even during COVID, rescuing rhe elephant, fighting for the split up old couple, writing her book. Working on a new album. Walking a runway.

She doesn't spend all day in her bathroom taking pathetic pictures.

by Anonymousreply 32November 4, 2022 4:57 AM

Oh, and singing the Golden Girls theme song for rhe Betty White tribute.

by Anonymousreply 33November 4, 2022 5:02 AM

R33- Also not making videos of herself smoking weed and crawling on tables in bars with her tits hanging to her knees.

by Anonymousreply 34November 4, 2022 5:05 AM

I guess her "film" is canceled. You never hear her talking bout it anymore. As others have said, she spends all day in her bathroom taking pics or shoving her tits out. I can't believe this woman used to be the one who I couldn't wait to release a new album or new project.

Now I wish she would just shut up and retire.

by Anonymousreply 35November 4, 2022 5:06 AM

Separated At Birth?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36November 4, 2022 5:13 AM

Wtf? Her cheeks look like she is going into anaphylactic shock.

by Anonymousreply 37November 4, 2022 5:15 AM

It doesn’t help her image to wear the same hairstyle Mia Farrow wore in The Watcher when playing a kind of a weird, pesky not quite tuned in neighbor.

R18 I thought I was the only one wondering why this girl was always in her bedroom at home. Seems like a big famous star would be out of the house more.

And her so called ‘sexy’ video there is anything but sexy. Comes off like some drug fueled, myopic, delusional pathetic…well, you get my drift. Creepy as in skid row.

by Anonymousreply 38November 4, 2022 5:25 AM

It’s like watching Mae West play Norma Desmond.

by Anonymousreply 39November 4, 2022 5:41 AM

It's really sad that Madonna was never a nice person in her clawing for stardom, and even after.

She doesn't have ONE celebrity friend that will tell her the truth. That's what she needs.

Celebrity intervention. She's burned then all.

by Anonymousreply 40November 4, 2022 5:43 AM

She's now ready to play that edgier Heidi in the "Do the Reich Thing" movie...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41November 4, 2022 5:47 AM

We know she uses poppers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42November 4, 2022 5:48 AM

Women lose their looks at thirty. I'm not sure what this 65 yr old thinks she is doing.

by Anonymousreply 43November 4, 2022 5:50 AM

Why must she always film in the bathroom? Does she live in there? Can't be too far away from the shitter or the pill bottles? JFC

by Anonymousreply 44November 4, 2022 6:46 AM

Yikes!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45November 4, 2022 6:48 AM

both

plus desperate to appeal to a younger generation

didn't her mother go nuts?

by Anonymousreply 46November 4, 2022 6:50 AM

Tragic. This woman was my hero as a child. Now she's reduced to this. Her drugs of choice looks like a salad consisting of benzos, painkillers, and whiskey.

by Anonymousreply 47November 4, 2022 7:02 AM

Her face is a horror movie effect.

by Anonymousreply 48November 4, 2022 7:23 AM

Sad last days!

by Anonymousreply 49November 4, 2022 7:34 AM

A few of her kids are still pretty young. Who's raising them while she's losing it? Lordes, Rocco, an assistant? She had better get control.

by Anonymousreply 50November 4, 2022 8:22 AM

They really need to do an Absolutely Fabulous special and invite her as herself. It would be for the ages!

by Anonymousreply 51November 4, 2022 8:35 AM

Time for Medicare, Parts A, B, C and D!

by Anonymousreply 52November 4, 2022 8:58 AM

Madonna's face needs to be drained. It looks ready to pop.

by Anonymousreply 53November 4, 2022 9:20 AM

Becoming old and no longer cool broke her brain. She's angry she got old like every other human being and refuses to accept it, hence why She's so pissed.

by Anonymousreply 54November 4, 2022 9:31 AM

It’s not just that she looks awful, but also that she is putting so much time and energy into this. In the pic at R45, she has clearly first spent some time dressing up like that, and then filming herself in the bathroom. It’s depressing.

by Anonymousreply 55November 4, 2022 9:53 AM

R54 Cool? You must be really old. Is she not groovy?

Those of you defending Cher with a super duper passion are ridiculous. Cher is just not that smart. She is super trashy and MOST of the pubic believe that. You all live in a bubble where all you see is what you see in your SM/entertainment bubble. The general public likes Madonna a lot. My non gay friends have no idea she is in a mental health crisis.

Madonna has plenty of celebrity friends (it is HYSTERICAL that is what you think means ANYTHING). What matters is she’s close with her sisters Paula and especially Melanie.

I blocked one of the posters and half this thread (22 replies) are from the same person talking to itself.

by Anonymousreply 56November 4, 2022 10:52 AM

sad

by Anonymousreply 57November 4, 2022 10:57 AM

r56 be careful that you don't block so many people on this forum that you end up only seeing your own posts.......hahahahaha

by Anonymousreply 58November 4, 2022 10:59 AM

[quote]I wish she would pull a Greta Garbo and disappear.

I vant to be alone, hya!

Unfortunately, it's never going to happen. For her, for her family, for the public at large. Nope, never.

by Anonymousreply 59November 4, 2022 11:03 AM

R56 I'm 29 you dumbass. Sorry your grandma fave is a dusty old hasbeen.

by Anonymousreply 60November 4, 2022 11:04 AM

R56 Calling anyone old while trying to make a case for ancient sea hag madonna is a laugh.

by Anonymousreply 61November 4, 2022 11:06 AM

Lots of blocked trolls yet when I look it up it’s the same person. The same person talking to itself. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

by Anonymousreply 62November 4, 2022 11:09 AM

A beautiful woman dies twice. Madonnas looks died long ago. And she was never beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 63November 4, 2022 11:12 AM

R62 You're talking to yourself. Imagine still stanning madonna in 2022. Embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 64November 4, 2022 11:14 AM

Drugs or mental illness are not exclusive. Actually drug dependencies or addiction are both considered forms of mental illness.

As far as Madonna goes, she's a narc facing aging and loss of ability to physically seduce, and fall into irrelevancy. Double whammy. And she clearly self medicates with pills and booze.

by Anonymousreply 65November 4, 2022 11:27 AM

I hate to say it but she’s one of those celebrities whose legacy would’ve benefited if she died young.

by Anonymousreply 66November 4, 2022 11:32 AM

[QUOTE] Women lose their looks at thirty. I'm not sure what this 65 yr old thinks she is doing.

She's 64, you tool.

by Anonymousreply 67November 4, 2022 11:49 AM

[QUOTE] The general public likes Madonna a lot. My non gay friends have no idea she is in a mental health crisis.

Facts. She has built up a huge reservoir of good will with the public.

by Anonymousreply 68November 4, 2022 11:52 AM

She has not, most of the general public has forgotten about her and gen z have no idea who she is.

by Anonymousreply 69November 4, 2022 11:56 AM

What the fuck is up with the red hair? She looks like Carrot Top.

by Anonymousreply 70November 4, 2022 11:56 AM

It looks like Pippy Longstocking crossed with Suicide Squad Harley Quinn

by Anonymousreply 71November 4, 2022 12:01 PM

It's her narcissism. Her fan base is waning, and she is in narcissistic withdraw.

by Anonymousreply 72November 4, 2022 12:05 PM

Someone hook up her up to a drip of narcissistic supply, STAT.

by Anonymousreply 73November 4, 2022 12:10 PM

Maybe it’s karma ?

by Anonymousreply 74November 4, 2022 12:14 PM

The red hair could be a cheeky ode to that woman on Desperate Housewives. It's called BEING IRONIC.

by Anonymousreply 75November 4, 2022 12:15 PM

I love to hear what Rosie McDonnell says about her

by Anonymousreply 76November 4, 2022 12:21 PM

r62 you are spending too much time on this forum

by Anonymousreply 77November 4, 2022 12:29 PM

I would not say she ever built up goodwill with the public. She was never widely "liked," in the sense of people having warm feelings toward her personally. Her public image was brazen, obnoxious, combative, aloof.

A lot of people enjoyed her music, and maybe they respected her for her business smarts and her ability to reinvent herself and stay relevant. She kept it up longer than most pop stars manage.

But the 2010s were a time of declining popularity for her, and the '20s are going to be more of the same. In a few years, there are going to be full-fledged adults who weren't alive when Confessions on a Dance Floor was released. Think about how remote her True Blue/Like a Prayer heyday will seem to them.

by Anonymousreply 78November 4, 2022 12:33 PM

Her ego can't handle being irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 79November 4, 2022 12:36 PM

She's been too late to too many of her own concerts and then too rude to the attending crowds when she does finally arrive to pull off stadium tours. She's not in good enough shape physically anymore to play more shows to smaller crowds.

She'd be foolish to tour again.

by Anonymousreply 80November 4, 2022 12:39 PM

I can easily ignore Madonna, what I want to know it what is going on with people who think everything she does is a chance to start a new thread.

by Anonymousreply 81November 4, 2022 12:42 PM

R80 tells us more about being rude to her audience What does she do/say?

by Anonymousreply 82November 4, 2022 12:50 PM

Why is she being rude to the crowds?

by Anonymousreply 83November 4, 2022 12:56 PM

I don't believe it. She ADORES her fans.

by Anonymousreply 84November 4, 2022 12:56 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85November 4, 2022 1:11 PM

Both. Addiction IS a mental illness. That's why they're housed together with bipolar and schizophrenic patients.

by Anonymousreply 86November 4, 2022 1:12 PM

r82 not 80, but there have been episodes of her showing up drunk or high (tho, the mad madge stans say her body is a temple)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87November 4, 2022 1:17 PM

I think she films in the bathroom because of the mirrors- she can watch herself whilst filming at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 88November 4, 2022 1:22 PM

[quote]She looks great for 64. Flawless skin.

That person stoled my filters! I want them back! Tell her that right now.

by Anonymousreply 89November 4, 2022 1:40 PM

r88 and away from the youngest kids.

if judging by the other children, they have four more years to go before she'll be comfortable doing it in front of them.

by Anonymousreply 90November 4, 2022 1:41 PM

R87 That article makes her sound so obnoxious.

by Anonymousreply 91November 4, 2022 2:01 PM

I feel sorry for the housekeeper who was included in the shots. Madonna peaked with Ray of Light IMO. She was so beautiful and together. Watching her morph into Marilyn Manson with a fake ass is just so so depressing.

by Anonymousreply 92November 4, 2022 2:13 PM

Madonna is doing Grand Guignol.

People forget, Madonna has always been pretty stupid.

by Anonymousreply 93November 4, 2022 2:23 PM

What R13 said.

by Anonymousreply 94November 4, 2022 2:26 PM

The shame here is that a few short years ago she was happily chatting on Live With Kelly about refocusing on her family and watching her son play soccer, etc. There was a sense that she valued more than just the next professional conquest.

If she'd kept to that mindset, invested in her family relationships, limited her public presence and embraced being a semi-retired Queen, she'd have been welcomed to major events for rare appearances and been utterly worshipped. She could have released one or two songs a year and folks would have been thrilled. And there'd be no need for plastic surgery because she be "beyond that", as a champion with nothing to prove, away from the spotlight by choice, with an untouchable record of excellence.

...but now? I can't see her getting invited anywhere prestigious. Her looks and desperately creepy antics make her seem unstable. Fine, Cher got a shit-ton of plastic surgery too, but regardless of the results, she hasn't been playing bathroom slut online.

Didn't Madonna crave acceptance as a "classy" artist back in the 90s? Wasn't that what playing Evita was all about? What happened..?

You'd think she'd embrace less is more and stay lowkey in order to wear the fancy gowns at prestigious events and get the Icon treatment.

Instead, its the fucking grillz and ugly lingerie and fake butt. Sigh.

She could have coasted now.

Does she really think she's being edgy or making worthwhile content? Just write a good song, girl. That's enough.

by Anonymousreply 95November 4, 2022 2:46 PM

If she had kept the surgery to a minimum and embraced getting older she could have easily become a fun “bawdy old broad” and she’d have probably finally had that acting career she always craved, albeit in supporting roles.

by Anonymousreply 96November 4, 2022 3:09 PM

R39---Watch, next she'll get a chimp!

by Anonymousreply 97November 4, 2022 3:12 PM

How will she even get back in stage again? She’ll break her hip again and no one is interesting in seeing her. She doesn’t even show up. She really has nothing else going on.

by Anonymousreply 98November 4, 2022 3:24 PM

Madonna is an ageist loon. She won’t dare allow herself to age and won’t hang around people her own age. She has some nerve screaming ageism.

by Anonymousreply 99November 4, 2022 3:25 PM

Annie Lennox is three years older and still looks like a human being not a CGI App.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100November 4, 2022 3:30 PM

Mirror in the bathroom, recompense

For all my crimes of self-defense

The cures you whisper make no sense

Slip gently into mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 101November 4, 2022 3:46 PM

Madge is a vapid on the inside as she is on the outside. Narcissistic void.

by Anonymousreply 102November 4, 2022 3:51 PM

She can't have mirrors in any other rooms? Just the bathroom?

by Anonymousreply 103November 4, 2022 3:52 PM

Hola! Ese bato loco!

I'm going bananas,

And I feel like my poor little mind is being devoured by piranhas,

For I'm going bananas.

I'm non compos mentes,

And I feel like a tooth being drilled, a nerve being killed by a dentist,

For I'm non compos mentes.

Who knows?

Could be the tropic heat

Or something that I eat,

That makes me gonzo.

I do carry on so, for I'm going bananas!

by Anonymousreply 104November 4, 2022 3:53 PM

R104- Knitting with only needle.

by Anonymousreply 105November 4, 2022 3:56 PM

Only one needle.

by Anonymousreply 106November 4, 2022 3:57 PM

103 the mirrors in the rest of the house are digital with filters... the ones in the bathroom show her true reflection, she must stare at it while she devours your soul thru her instagram posts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107November 4, 2022 4:02 PM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108November 4, 2022 4:08 PM

r95, I think she was at her classiest when she was married to Guy and was trying to be, "To the manor born", with her quasi British accent, riding horses, and dreaming about directing a film about Wallis Simpson.

by Anonymousreply 109November 4, 2022 4:27 PM

[quote] I would not say she ever built up goodwill with the public. She was never widely "liked," in the sense of people having warm feelings toward her personally. Her public image was brazen, obnoxious, combative, aloof.

That's the problem. If she had actually changed during Ray of Light (like she was constantly claiming), things could have been different. One thing I will say about MJ--he never treated his fans the way Madonna treats hers. He always loved his fans and he didn't act like they were "beneath" him. I don't care for his music, I'm a much bigger fan of Madonna's music and I can say that.

by Anonymousreply 110November 4, 2022 4:29 PM

Syphilitic dementia and a diseased cooch.

by Anonymousreply 111November 4, 2022 4:34 PM

Definitely the stench of desperation. I will rid her of this vile demon.

"Oh foul spirit of desperatia, I command you, COME OUT!! Loose this creature of GAWD from your grasp and return to the depths of Hell, from whence you came."

by Anonymousreply 112November 4, 2022 4:38 PM

Who is this person claiming Madonna built herself goodwill with the public? That was like 25 years ago! In America, that went out the door with American Life and she never recovered. In the rest of the world, it's been all downhill since Confessions. From 2012 onwards, she's displayed consistently inexcusable behavior. Calling Gaga reductive (a legend trashing a newly established rising star isn't a good look), that kiss with Drake, the plastic surgery, that awful Graham Norton appearance with Sir Ian McKellen, her instagram posts, wearing grills, saying the N word in a tweet (could have been an instagram post, not sure), constantly parading around her children like props, hanging out with the Kardashians, etc. None of that builds "goodwill" with the general public. It does seem to entice the top .000001% of her fanbase though.

by Anonymousreply 113November 4, 2022 4:41 PM

Oh Mommie. I always loved you so. It's over. The pain. There's no more pain. You're free. Free. Oh, Mommie...

[she starts to cry]

by Anonymousreply 114November 4, 2022 4:54 PM

[quote] [R95], I think she was at her classiest when she was married to Guy and was trying to be, "To the manor born",

Oh, [italic]dear.[/italic]

The phrase is actually "to the manner born"--the title of the Penelope Keith sitcom was a pun.

by Anonymousreply 115November 4, 2022 4:56 PM

[quote] the Like A Virgin singer, 64

The DailyMail excels at bitchy tidbits like this.

by Anonymousreply 116November 4, 2022 5:01 PM

Alzheimer’s + drugs.

Lady Gaga needs to step in as a caretaker.

by Anonymousreply 117November 4, 2022 5:05 PM

I think she went off the rails post 2005. She became obsessed with ghetto and urban youth culture.

by Anonymousreply 118November 4, 2022 5:05 PM

Cyndi Lauper, no brainiac, was interviewed on Ari Melber the other day and she was so dignified and plainly but well spoken. And she had some wild years and questionable career moves.

by Anonymousreply 119November 4, 2022 5:06 PM

[quote]What is wrong with Madonna?

The twenty-first century. She never quite made it that far.

by Anonymousreply 120November 4, 2022 5:07 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121November 4, 2022 5:42 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122November 4, 2022 5:42 PM

r118

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123November 4, 2022 5:44 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124November 4, 2022 5:44 PM

Madonna became a loon for Kabbalah in the 2000s. She completely lost her mind.

by Anonymousreply 125November 4, 2022 5:47 PM

She’s an aging exhibitionist who thinks she’s eternally edgy.

by Anonymousreply 126November 4, 2022 5:52 PM

I don't think the Kabbalah stuff or the behavior after the marriage to Guy Ritchie were that disturbing. They were eccentric behvaviors, but very much in keeping with her star persona.

She only really lost it in recent years with the shutdown and then the huge failure of the "Madame X" tour--that really seemed to push her completely over the edge. Anyone who would argue she now knows what she's doing and is sane would themselves be nuts (though it's still jawdropping to me how the huge Madonna stan on Datalounge kept trying to argue she still had it together during the Madame X tour which was such a disaster).

by Anonymousreply 127November 4, 2022 5:56 PM

Madonna needs to buy a condo in Miami Beach and spend her days flashing the pool boys.

by Anonymousreply 128November 4, 2022 6:00 PM

r128 Reno. She can get the early bird special and still find plenty of desperate young men willing to put their penny into her slot.

by Anonymousreply 129November 4, 2022 6:08 PM

I saw her on the MDNA Tour several times and although she was crazy late each time I saw her, I thought the show was awesome and since I was 26 at the time the late hours didn’t bother me so much. But it was still a bit of a step down in terms of the excitement in the air at the shows compared to the last few tours before that - she had waited too long after Hard Candy to make a new album, and in that interim there was a gaggle of new, younger females coming up (Rihanna, Gaga, Katy, Taylor, Lana) and she really needed a slam dunk of an album to come back with, and MDNA just wasn’t it. Looking back, I think that was the beginning of the end (or downward slide if you will). I don’t think she knew how to handle it and the seeds of real desperation were planted from that point on. Someone else mentioned the severe blow to the head at the Brit awards in 2015 on stage and I’m convinced that was the other major turning point. I remember feeling so terrible for her - knowing how incredible she was live and how many crazy physical stunts she has done on tour that always went off without a hitch - it was really the worst thing that could have happened to her, it reinforced the idea in the publics mind that she was too old and past her sell by date, when in reality she was (at least up until MDNA) such a strong physical and agile live performer. A shame. I give her a lot of credit for getting up and finishing the song like a trooper … but I truly wonder if that head injury was worse than we all realized.

by Anonymousreply 130November 4, 2022 6:09 PM

Also, the divorce from Guy Ritchie also made her crazier.

by Anonymousreply 131November 4, 2022 6:12 PM

Why is her skin always the hue of carbon monoxide poisoning victims?

by Anonymousreply 132November 4, 2022 6:19 PM

Narcissism. She can't handle her fading irrelevancy.

by Anonymousreply 133November 4, 2022 6:24 PM

r131 while it was none of Mad Madge's stans biz on her relationship, I do recall how many were outraged that she chose him. . . that hurt her fanbase by quite a lot.

by Anonymousreply 134November 4, 2022 6:48 PM

r132 don't ask the kids

by Anonymousreply 135November 4, 2022 6:49 PM

Marrying Guy Ritchie was indeed a slap in the face to her fans; he was homophobic. And she didn't care when he acted like a douche to her gay brother.

by Anonymousreply 136November 4, 2022 7:11 PM

r136 she always deserts those closest to her... better he found out then and be prepared... oh.

They were both quite fucked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137November 4, 2022 7:35 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138November 4, 2022 7:35 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139November 4, 2022 7:36 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140November 4, 2022 7:36 PM

R139 Arsenio is such a queen in that video.

by Anonymousreply 141November 4, 2022 7:42 PM

r141 flamboyant black men too often are str8 but Arsenio just pings, pings, pings.. but then so many gay/lesbian/bisexual black celebs never id that way.

by Anonymousreply 142November 4, 2022 7:46 PM

R142, yeah, I'm not one of those people who believes every male that demonstrates fem or flamboyant behavior is gay but Arsenio always seemed gay to me and I believe he was referenced in the book "hiding in hip hop".

by Anonymousreply 143November 4, 2022 7:52 PM

Someone should introduce her to Debbie Harry so she can see what aging gracefully in your career looks like.

by Anonymousreply 144November 4, 2022 8:03 PM

I never know that Madonna was born in a manor. I thought she were born in Detroit and everybody knew they don’t got manors there.

by Anonymousreply 145November 4, 2022 8:20 PM

She's beginning her entry into her Norma Desmond phase. In the next few years she'll be washed up, living alone in some huge mansion with her retainer, or two, to take care of her and tell her she'll be back on top at any moment.

by Anonymousreply 146November 4, 2022 8:38 PM

R82, apparently she does it when she turns up hours late. The audience often boo and jeer her when she finally shows and she tells them off for complaining. I'll try to find an article where this happened but check this put for arrogance:

In Brisbane, fans reportedly queued for refunds when the Material Girl failed to materialise up to two hours after she was due on stage.

It’s not her fault though. “I’m hardly ever late. It’s you people that get here early that’s the problem,” she told the crowd in Brisbane when she finally came on, two and a half hours after the billed start time.

“Stay home, do your hair and makeup, have a tequila. Just come late and I won’t have to come early.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147November 4, 2022 10:38 PM

"Thank you all for waiting... I don't like to be late, by the way... and all you b***hes who keep complaining about it can shut the f**k up,"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148November 4, 2022 10:43 PM

Carly Simon sang about what Madonna is going through.

Spoiled girl livin’ in her own world

Spoiled girl thinks of no one but herself…

by Anonymousreply 149November 4, 2022 10:51 PM

Is she still in Kablahblah?

by Anonymousreply 150November 4, 2022 10:51 PM

R148, her remaining hardcore stans will defend that shitty behavior by saying "she's Madonna, she can do whatever she wants, she's earned it!" or "who are YOU to judge HER!" or my personal favorite--"she makes more money than you ever will"!".

by Anonymousreply 151November 4, 2022 11:03 PM

1.0 star rating PW from Chicago, Illinois

WORST EVER

Wasted my time & money seeing this Madonna “spectacle”. She was rude and mean to members in the audience. Ranted about politics and starting a revolution. She didn’t come on stage until 11:10pm. We kept hoping she would belt out all of her old classics....didn’t happen. We left the show “early” at 1:00am...very disappointed and mentally exhausted

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152November 4, 2022 11:03 PM

Madonna trying to be deep is almost as bad as her plastic surgery. She's at her best when she's singing about herself...or at least singing about "wordlly" issues. I remember she sang "Imagine" during American Life. That was terrible

by Anonymousreply 153November 4, 2022 11:07 PM

that should say NOT singing about wordly issues

by Anonymousreply 154November 4, 2022 11:08 PM

She's very cute on those Arsenio clips.

by Anonymousreply 155November 4, 2022 11:15 PM

Several questions:

1) Madonna smokes pot now??

2) What was the ‘blow to the head’ in 2015? Is there video of that? Sad if that’s what set her on this kooky path she’s on now.

3) is there any chance she can stop getting all those fillers in her face and just let things settle so she can age more like she was doing in the picture at R137? I’m not asking what’s the likelihood of her actually easing up on that shit, I’m asking if it’s even possible for her face to ever look somewhat normal again.

by Anonymousreply 156November 5, 2022 2:22 AM

[QUOTE] Madonna smokes pot now??

No, she lives a clean lifestyle and works out every day.

by Anonymousreply 157November 5, 2022 2:24 AM

What does Beanie have to say about this???

by Anonymousreply 158November 5, 2022 2:26 AM

It's sad that she acts unhinged like Britney on social media. I've said it many times before, but she desperately needs new management and people around her to help finesse her image and advise on her overall direction. The current people, if there are any left (I guess Guy Oseary, who I suspect has been asleep at the wheel for ages and just collecting a paycheck), aren't doing a good job.

Madonna needed to become a regal elder "stateswoman" in music as she aged. Someone whose legend remained untarnished and something the younger stars strived to achieve. Instead, we got this desperate Baby Jane Hudson act, flailing around with drugs, booze and taking semi-nude bathroom selfies for attention, like some public access TV show you pay attention to only out of morbid curiosity.

She only has a limited time to rein it in before the damage to her career is too far gone to recover from. She will never be what she was 20 years ago, because she is well past what any popular music figure has ever been in terms.of her age. But she can still make art that is respected. Instead she seems to operate under the delusion that offering shock and a spectacle will resuscitate her popularity. The kids don't know her and she is at an age when some of her original fans have either aged out of pop music or could even be dying off. There are harsh realities afoot that she seems incapable of dealing with like a mature adult.

by Anonymousreply 159November 5, 2022 3:01 AM

Madonna doing granny porn. Who would have ever believed that she would sink this low 20 years ago? Her career and reputation are already damaged beyond repair, imo.

by Anonymousreply 160November 5, 2022 3:12 AM

R159: Madonna is too dumb for that.

by Anonymousreply 161November 5, 2022 3:42 AM

Guy Oseary is a horrible manager. Freddy DeMann and LIz Rosenberg would never have let this shit fly. Even when the Sex book backlash was going on, they knew how to regroup and she came back strong with Bedtime Stories, Evita and Ray of Light. Granted that was a long time ago, but she had good management then. She had people around her who seemed to care about her, or at least cared about her brand.

I don't know how Guy Oseary, as a manager, can think any of these social media posts are good. for business. People cannot relate to her anymore. They're disgusted by her. And this isn't just people who are not her fans - these ARE her fans. She is becoming universally reviled. But I guess Madonna doesn't care and thinks all this trolling is good for attention.

by Anonymousreply 162November 5, 2022 3:57 AM

Career prestige, which she chased in that Ray of Light era and a couple of other times must have been really unfulfilling for her, and not worth the effort. Shocking and being rude is easy, requires minimal talent, and is instantly gratifying.

The other times she did seem sincere, like setting up her Malawi charity now seem questionable. I know she rescued David from a life of hardship, and perhaps death but she does not respect those kids or their families by acting like this.

by Anonymousreply 163November 5, 2022 4:07 AM

R163, didn't she do that to beat Angelina at her own game?

by Anonymousreply 164November 5, 2022 4:14 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165November 5, 2022 4:24 AM

R29 Say what you will about Marlo Thomas, but she has worked tirelessly for St. Judes since she retired from acting.

R164 Angelina may have had some mixed motives when she first started, but she has put herself in dangerous situations and seems to be driven by something other than her own needs.

by Anonymousreply 166November 5, 2022 4:31 AM

Who is the person in the background in these latest bathroom-twerk posts? Is this some kind of a servant assistant? Or, is it a minder of some sort? A minder that lets her do what she wants while being on hand to make sure she doesn't hurt herself or wet herself?

by Anonymousreply 167November 5, 2022 4:41 AM

R166, I didn't mean to imply Angelina was just doing it for superficial purposes, but I do think Madonna just did it so she could look good. She probably saw Angelina and thought "hey, I can do that too and then I'll be respected!"

by Anonymousreply 168November 5, 2022 4:48 AM

Madonna has adopted 4 Darfur Orphans. I'd call that humanitarian.

by Anonymousreply 169November 5, 2022 4:54 AM

R169- But would the adopted orphans call living with her humane?

by Anonymousreply 170November 5, 2022 4:56 AM

The blow to the head was just a fall on the back. It was during a live performance of Living For Love. She walked up some stairs with a cape that was supposed to easily come off and get yanked away by her twin Asian dancer girls behind her. Unfortunately that night, Madonna tied the ribbons from the cape too tight around her neck and ran out of time to undo the knot, so when the twins pulled her cape she fell back with it.

She was up about 4 steps and thankfully landed flat on her back in the floor, ot on the steps, and got back up promptly afterwards and did the whole number. She did not seem to hit her head or get dizzy.

She spoke about it on Ellen afterwards and laughed that she was fine, and in such good shape it didn't phase her much. Because of her age and the fact that we saw it happen live, I feel like the public will mythologize it as The Accident!!! but really I doubt it hurt her. She'd definitely been through worse physically.

The last time she seemed on her game was the Superbowl. She SLAYED that. Then the decline began. Weak songs, chasing rappers for approval, Madame X and the weird eyepatch, then the scary surgeries, etc.

Her legacy is a mess now. Even if she stopped today and totally kept out of the spotlight except for rare classy appearances, she'd still be remembered for having a "tragic end".

Once the face gets messed up, that's how it goes for ladies. A real shame.

by Anonymousreply 171November 5, 2022 6:01 AM

It's interesting that Cher and Madonna both used Liz as their publicists. Cher tweeted not too long ago that Liz helped her work on a project, even though she was retired. Can't Liz help Madonna?

by Anonymousreply 172November 5, 2022 6:43 AM

I think she got brain damage when she had that fall a few years ago.

One of my uncles got into a car accident when he was around 60 and had a personality change.

by Anonymousreply 173November 5, 2022 6:48 AM

She doesn't go outside because she only wants to be seen in a way she can control and edit. She may be over, but if she goes outside she WILL be followed. Much like Jlo and Ben on their honeymoon, and Baby Jane Hudson at the very end of Whatever Happened etc.

Her primary residence is in NYC and as everyone knows it's a Walking City; there are people out on the street all the time. Slowly drawing a crowd is inevitable. And what they'll see won't align with most people's image of Madonna the Brand.

If you've ever walked by her house on East 80th St (or is it 81st?), the sidewalk level is a fortress of black metal, and there are discreet little signs that basically say "keep it moving. don't even think about standing here."

by Anonymousreply 174November 5, 2022 6:50 AM

Oh, please. Walk fast, don't make eye contact. Celebs far greater than Madge have done it for decades in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 175November 5, 2022 6:52 AM

[quote] Madonna smokes pot now??

Yep, big time. Pills and booze too.

by Anonymousreply 176November 5, 2022 6:58 AM

[quote] Can't Liz help Madonna?

Liz and Madonna have had falling outs before. Liz was vehemently against the trashtastic American Life album. Madonna said last month that she’s in constant opposition to her manager, Guy Oseary, driving him nuts and she’s constantly rebelling against him. No one wants to deal with her.

by Anonymousreply 177November 5, 2022 7:01 AM

She’s on heavy duty painkillers. She’s said this countless times. Even her daughter referenced it. She’s in a lot of pain.

by Anonymousreply 178November 5, 2022 7:02 AM

[quote] Madonna has adopted 4 Darfur Orphans. I'd call that humanitarian.

Her brother said it was for publicity. She saw Angelina doing it. She likes children because she can control them and they’ll love her. Once they become adults she has no use for them. It’s like those woman who walk around with little dogs, which Madonna also did. She loves young boys as her boyfriends as she’s in charge. It’s all about control.

by Anonymousreply 179November 5, 2022 7:04 AM

R177 The next logical question is, can you blame them?

by Anonymousreply 180November 5, 2022 7:04 AM

Really desperate for attention....any way she can get it. It seems to work. People are talking about her.

by Anonymousreply 181November 5, 2022 7:04 AM

No.

by Anonymousreply 182November 5, 2022 7:05 AM

Laughing isn't talking.

by Anonymousreply 183November 5, 2022 7:09 AM

I think she’s slowly being poisoned from the toxic cement she keeps injecting into her face and ass.

by Anonymousreply 184November 5, 2022 7:44 AM

Her Eurovision performance a few years ago was also a disaster. I wonder if that and the Madame X tour knocked her confidence a little. Obviously there’s more than that going on here though.

by Anonymousreply 185November 5, 2022 8:35 AM

^ This. 2019 as a totality had to be a big blow to her ego. The Eurovision humiliation went viral. The Vanessa Grigoriadis profile in the NYT Magazine, for which M granted access and cooperation, enraged her when she saw the published version. (It was titled "Madonna at Sixty" and was a probing, somewhat critical piece. Of course, because celebrities never grasp the Streisand effect, she only drew more attention to it with her social-media fury and attacks on Grigoriadis and the paper.) The Madame X album sold half as well as Rebel Heart, which had sold half as well as MDNA. The tour got a mixed reception and there were many canceled dates, from her knee injury and then from pandemic restrictions.

I think she believed it was the year she was going to pull off one more improbable comeback, and it wasn't. Since then, she has seemed to come unmoored.

by Anonymousreply 186November 5, 2022 8:50 AM

I totally forgot about that NYT article. In response to it, Madonna said she felt “raped” by it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187November 5, 2022 11:46 AM

Can we together, I really, I really wanna be with you…

by Anonymousreply 188November 5, 2022 11:52 AM

She should have just stayed in Portugal. That was the last time she showed signs of life in her eyes.

by Anonymousreply 189November 5, 2022 11:53 AM

She and Sinead should form a pot smoking grannies support group.

by Anonymousreply 190November 5, 2022 1:21 PM

I also forgot about the Eurovision debacle. I do remember that initially the video was on YouTube with her live vocals sounding horrid, which was then quietly replaced by the same video but with clearly re-recorded studio vocals

by Anonymousreply 191November 5, 2022 1:29 PM

r179 Does anyone understand why she keeps dressing them as caricatures from the late 1800s (often of the mammy caricature from the dresses to the headscarf). . . It's sporadic yet seems to happen two to three times a year. they always look like they're being held hostage when they're wearing that shit. I have to wonder if she calls up the press to embarass her kids as punishment. We saw some of that with the other children, too. I have trouble grasping the dynamics. On one hand, she seems decent enough (for a celeb) with them until they hit their teens (then they seemingly are treated like her peers, or maybe more like her backup dancers.) -- it's the same vibe with St. Angie. All those kids will have to wait til mama's dead for the tell-all... though they'd probably lock it to a trust to avoid that. Just unsettling.

by Anonymousreply 192November 5, 2022 1:38 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193November 5, 2022 1:39 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194November 5, 2022 1:39 PM

Her first appearance after her 60th birthday was this get up and she showed off her new fake ass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195November 5, 2022 1:45 PM

Camille Paglia read her for filth after her ridiculous self-victimization speech.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196November 5, 2022 1:46 PM

Camille was absolutely spot-on in every point she made.

Madonna calling out feminists who would criticize her back in the day and specifying Camille Paglia as one of them proved how full of shit that speech was,, as Camille was one of the ONLY prominent feminist writer always defending and championing Madonna. Sometimes too much so.

by Anonymousreply 197November 5, 2022 1:53 PM

As a former fan, in retrospect, doesn't the Madonna mania of the 80s seem a littly silly and overblown? I'm comparing it Beatlemania, Elvis and Michael Jackson. Back then, corporations would create a narrative and sell it for all it was woth. Corporations still try and do that today but it was taken MUCH more seriously back then (since there was no social media). It seems like the emperor has no clothes.

by Anonymousreply 198November 5, 2022 2:11 PM

R195 “I am here bitches! It’s a new me!”

by Anonymousreply 199November 5, 2022 2:11 PM

Narcissistic collapse. And drugs.

by Anonymousreply 200November 5, 2022 2:12 PM

All that money and yet she lives life trapped, in her bathroom.

by Anonymousreply 201November 5, 2022 2:49 PM

Well it's a pretty sweet bathroom R201.

by Anonymousreply 202November 5, 2022 2:51 PM

What's really scaring me is that one day she could take the pills, or booze, and then black out and make a video and post it online. And then have no memory of making the video.

by Anonymousreply 203November 5, 2022 2:56 PM

Didn't we start the African Baby Catalogue because of Angelina and Madonna?

by Anonymousreply 204November 5, 2022 2:57 PM

funny how in the arsenio vid above that a user posted she disses joan collins age/looks. it's tru when they say everything comes back to you. there is a french expression that loosely translates: if you spit in the air it comes back in your face. by the way joan collins is lovely and that latest documentary of hers where she talks about herself is very entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 205November 5, 2022 3:32 PM

Yes, Madonna is ugly on the inside so it's no surprise she'd be ugly on the outside now too

by Anonymousreply 206November 5, 2022 3:48 PM

She needs to go to Cassandra Peterson's (Elvira) surgeon- that bitch is 71.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207November 5, 2022 3:48 PM

R207, she's surrounded by Kelly Osbournes in that picture. Horrifying!

by Anonymousreply 208November 5, 2022 3:49 PM

R186, I do think her diminishing success is what's behind her recent weirdness. When she had a career dips before, after Erotic and America Life, she was able to turn things around. She'd end up with a successful song or album. Then when her music really fell off the radar she became a touring giant. This past decade her work has produced diminishing returns. That must be a massive blow to someone whose work ethic produced incredible results for a few decades.

by Anonymousreply 209November 5, 2022 4:01 PM

I've never understood why Madonna bashed Camille when Camille was a staunch supporter of her. Camille has always perfectly assessed Madonna throughout her career.

Even when Camille criticized Madonna's Sex book, she didn't do it in a way that others did. She clearly judged it on artistic merits, and she was right.

Madonna tries too hard to play the victim, and it's sad because the reason people liked Madonna in the first place is because she didn't play the victim.

by Anonymousreply 210November 5, 2022 5:00 PM

R210, didn't you know? The NY Times article about her being sixty and a declining pop star WAS LIKE SHE WAS BEING RAPED.

by Anonymousreply 211November 5, 2022 5:05 PM

R210, that's another demonstration of how out-of-touch she is. She recently posted something on instragram on how she was trashed for the Sex book and how becaue of that, Cardi, Nicki and others can sing about their WAP and whatever else and she ended the post with clown emojis and "you're welcome bitches". The post came off as incredibly bitter and it also came off as self-congratulatory (because it was). Madonna needs to insert herself in everything because she can't bare the thought of being irrelevant and forgotten. It's what keeps her up at night.

by Anonymousreply 212November 5, 2022 5:07 PM

Madonna, like so many other superstars will be forgotten. Her legacy is tits and ass and that has been far surpassed by female pop stars coming after her. There is nothing that distinguishes her, nothing will remain.

by Anonymousreply 213November 5, 2022 5:16 PM

[QUOTE] Madonna needs to insert herself in everything because she can't bare the thought of being irrelevant and forgotten. It's what keeps her up at night.

Actually it doesn't keep her up. But it does haunt her dreams.

by Anonymousreply 214November 5, 2022 5:17 PM

[quote] I give her a lot of credit for getting up and finishing the song like a trooper

Well, it's not as if she had to actually sing. Just remember to flap her lips a bit.

by Anonymousreply 215November 5, 2022 5:20 PM

Come on, R213. Madonna may not be a serious songwriter/musician that real musicians and serious fans of music can get behind (though a lot of them seem to like her 80s output a great deal), but she will not be “forgotten”, not any time soon. It’s not like she’s Martika. Her monumental business success, record-grossing world tours, and discography are what DISTINGUISH her, as well as her various ‘looks’ from her heyday.

She’s truly a pop icon, in the original sense of the word (not in the Millennial/Gen Z sense, which apparently just means ‘cool’ and is totally subjective and meaningless, but I digress).

by Anonymousreply 216November 5, 2022 5:21 PM

R213, it's interesting to me that aside from Mariah Carey (Due to her Christmas music) ALL of the big 20th century divas do badly on spotify. Janet, Celine, Whitney, Madonna and Barbra. They all do badly on there. The contrast with Michael Jackson is embarassing. Michael will continue to build fans while those female artists will be forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 217November 5, 2022 5:22 PM

Especially embarrassing, R217, considering none of those ladies molested little boys for decades.

by Anonymousreply 218November 5, 2022 5:24 PM

R218, agreed. He's the teflon pop star.

by Anonymousreply 219November 5, 2022 5:26 PM

All this talk about why Madonna doesn't have a manager who can manage her . . . it was just announced "U2 Ditches Madonna's Manager"

by Anonymousreply 220November 5, 2022 5:27 PM

R216, Gen Z has no idea about Barbra Streisand and she was the biggest selling female artist prior to Madonna. The same fate awaits Madonna

by Anonymousreply 221November 5, 2022 5:39 PM

It’s funny how people think someone like Madonna won’t be forgotten. She will be. Already has started.

by Anonymousreply 222November 5, 2022 5:42 PM

[quote]It’s funny how people think someone like Madonna won’t be forgotten.

It's an admission of one's own irrelevance to concede that the pop stars of your youth are irrelevant to people who are currently young.

by Anonymousreply 223November 5, 2022 5:45 PM

[quote] It's an admission of one's own irrelevance to concede that the pop stars of your youth are irrelevant to people who are currently young.

This doesn't make any sense. Also, everyone posting on this forum is "irrelevant", we aren't the ones who are 65 year old pop stars trying to pretend we are 25

by Anonymousreply 224November 5, 2022 5:46 PM

Malignant narcissism. Like Trump she has zero sense of humor. None.

by Anonymousreply 225November 5, 2022 6:11 PM

She has a sense of humor, just not about herself.

by Anonymousreply 226November 5, 2022 6:18 PM

What has Brabra done lately?

by Anonymousreply 227November 6, 2022 2:37 AM

Drugs or mental illness? Neither. She's playing everyone.

by Anonymousreply 228November 6, 2022 2:42 AM

[quote]Gen Z has no idea about Barbra Streisand and she was the biggest selling female artist prior to Madonna.

I wonder how much coverage Streisand has even with Millennials. I was talking to a friend who's in his early thirties, and he had no idea when Streisand had done the things that had made her famous. He knew she was a famous singer and film star, and he knew she was still alive, but he thought maybe she had been a star in the '50s.

by Anonymousreply 229November 6, 2022 2:45 AM

r229, good point. Didn't Barbra and The Beatles debut in the same year? But only one of those acts is still appreciated by younger audiences. Barbra's music seems pre-modern in a way.

by Anonymousreply 230November 6, 2022 3:10 AM

^^ That’s because Streisand only ever really sang pop standards and show tunes and adult contemporary stuff. Her appeal is limited.

by Anonymousreply 231November 6, 2022 3:32 AM

R165 Now I’ll never get to sleep tonight. I’ll be up all night thinking of that pic and it DOES look like her. 😳

by Anonymousreply 232November 6, 2022 5:37 AM

Does she have sex with those young orphans?

I think living with her would be like Halloween 24/7, without the candy.

by Anonymousreply 233November 6, 2022 5:43 AM

R229, my nephew is very sharp, up on pop culture and wears Beatles T shirts. He's 19, and knows who Barbra is as well- but has never seen one of her movies or heard her sing.

by Anonymousreply 234November 6, 2022 5:51 AM

She's a lot like Trump. Wants constant attention and is affirmed by attention, negative or positive. The more the better. She constantly throws shit out there to see what gets views and responses.

by Anonymousreply 235November 6, 2022 5:52 AM

“You go from self induced crisis to self induced crisis…”

by Anonymousreply 236November 6, 2022 6:04 AM

She belongs in a trailer in Mississippi smoking a carton of Newports every day while she collects her welfare.

by Anonymousreply 237November 6, 2022 6:07 AM

The best thing she could do is Whitney herself a bath before her legacy is destroyed any further.

by Anonymousreply 238November 6, 2022 6:08 AM

[quote]What is wrong with Madonna?

She's exhausted by the countless threads devoted to her on DL.

by Anonymousreply 239November 6, 2022 6:10 AM

Her bathroom is basic as fuck. It’s tacky with the artwork just sitting around. Can you imagine being paid to take pictures and video of her every move for social media?

by Anonymousreply 240November 6, 2022 6:16 AM

Like Trump, she has slapped her name into work she had next to nothing to do with and then screams that everyone is stealing from her. She’s one of the cheapest people on the planet and leaves people high and dry until they sue. She acts like a child from a big family who screams out that this or that is hers before anyone else can claim it. Her recent quote that she’s still sticking her finger in cigarette sockets because her father told her not to is all you need to know - it’s arrested development. She’s still rebelling against her father who’s 100 years old.

by Anonymousreply 241November 6, 2022 6:18 AM

Studies have shown narcissism is more often driven by insecurity rather than grandiose sense of self.

We see it in Trump, Nicki Minaj, and Madonna.

Trump can't handle others being smarter or more wealthy or having bigger towers than him. Nicki and Madonna can't stand that other women are now pioneers in hiphop and pop respectively. They can't handle that they are now too old for younger audiences to care about them, and younger audiences are what drives consumerism and the algorithms that get artists #1s. They can't stand it when women are more successful than they are. Nicki attacks every single black woman in hiphop once they any buzz. Madonna can't stand that she's getting physically older and that the young audience she wants expects a sense of decorum from a woman old enough to be their grandmother.

by Anonymousreply 242November 6, 2022 6:19 AM

Remember her doing this in front of her stepmother in 2012? lol

Madonna revealed just how white trash her family was on Stern. She really trashed her stepmother saying that she was a sad case, the maid, who was knocked up by another guy and her father felt sorry for her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243November 6, 2022 6:22 AM

R239 Following Madonna is exhausting. She’s exhausting!

by Anonymousreply 244November 6, 2022 6:24 AM

Madonna won't be forgotten but the sad thing is she won't be appreciated - and that's because of Madonna herself.

She has alienated everybody and now she is finally alienating her longtime fans, the gays with disposal incomes who attended every tour. But her ridiculous plastic surgery, creepy social media, late arrivals for piss-poor performances and just overall weird behaviour have become too much for even the diehard fans.

Her next tour is going to be a massive bomb, even if she promises a hits tour. It's too late now.

by Anonymousreply 245November 6, 2022 7:17 AM

Camille Paglia had her number in 2016, and it's only gotten WORSE. I also think Camille is a DLer - she basically accused Madonna of having a ratty Korean wig.

[quote]The number one issue in Madonna’s current path of self-destruction is her embarrassing inability to deal with aging. She has failed to study the example of her great role model, Marlene Dietrich, who retained her class and style to the end. Madonna keeps chasing after youth, humiliating herself with vulgar displays, like the horrendously trashy, buttock-baring outfit she wore to the Metropolitan Museum of Art Gala in May.

[quote]She has become a cringe-making pastiche of ratty blonde hair extensions and artificially swollen cheeks, obscuring the magnificent classic bone structure that made her one of the most photogenic celebrities of the 1990s. In her struggles to stay relevant, Madonna has debased herself with adolescent, pitifully inept Instagrams that cannot compete with Rihanna’s brilliant work in that genre.

[quote]Instead of lugubrious rants and hysterical recriminations, perhaps Madonna should try a little honest self-critique.

by Anonymousreply 246November 6, 2022 7:29 AM

Camille told no lies, although it's funny to think that the butt-baring dress she wore to that event looks tame in comparison to the shit she is showing on Instagram.

And kind of sad that that quote from Camille is SIX years ago. Madonna was 57/58!!

by Anonymousreply 247November 6, 2022 7:55 AM

“Pats, Pats, have you seen what happened!” “What?” “Madonner! She’s a pillow now!”

by Anonymousreply 248November 6, 2022 8:34 AM

Madonna was bulging out of her butt and breast baring dress at the DM link about her and CP. The bandaging around her thighs was far too small and very unflattering. Shouldn't she have a team of people to prevent that shit? They weren't there six years ago, where are they now?

R243 , I've never heard that stuff about her stepmother before. Is she saying that one of her half-siblings is actually a step-sibling? And did she strip or something in front of her stepmother?

It's quite telling that an obvious narcissist like Madonna hasn't been profiled on youtube by HG Tudor. He must get more clicks going after Maghan Markle because most of his episodes are about her.

by Anonymousreply 249November 6, 2022 8:51 AM

[quote] I wonder how much coverage Streisand has even with Millennials.

Next to nil. More than anything else, she's probably known as the grandma from Meet the Fockers.

by Anonymousreply 250November 6, 2022 10:10 AM

Well whatever she's doing, we're still talking about her. That's what she wants.

by Anonymousreply 251November 6, 2022 3:59 PM

R243, what even was that!?

by Anonymousreply 252November 6, 2022 4:52 PM

[quote]Well whatever she's doing, we're still talking about her. That's what she wants.

People are currently talking about Aaron Carter, too. I don't think that's what she wants.

by Anonymousreply 253November 6, 2022 4:52 PM

R251, no, Madonna doesn't give a shit if some gay forum is talking about her, she wants the entire rest of the world to talk about her. And they aren't. Because they don't give a fuck about her.

by Anonymousreply 254November 6, 2022 4:53 PM

[quote] She has failed to study the example of her great role model, Marlene Dietrich, who retained her class and style to the end

That was true in public. But in private, Dietrich was even worse than Madonna actually. She and the nanny she hired raped her own daughter. So there's that.

by Anonymousreply 255November 6, 2022 4:55 PM

R255 No one likes a snitch.

by Anonymousreply 256November 6, 2022 6:37 PM

R256, I wonder if Lourdes and Madonna have hooked up? That would explain a a lot.

by Anonymousreply 257November 6, 2022 6:38 PM

Oh, god. 🤢😱🙏

by Anonymousreply 258November 6, 2022 6:42 PM

[quote]What is wrong with Madonna? Drugs or Mental Illness?

Desperation

by Anonymousreply 259November 6, 2022 6:45 PM

r198 There was longstanding mythos that initially Madonna couldn't get a deal, so they sent demos to black radio stations which assumed for some reason she was black (people speculate as to why beyond the claims it was sent unidentified. At one point, Madge would say they couldn't get a deal because allegedly labels thought she sounded too black and this why they went through stations, but the story has changed much over the years including of the how, what, why and even who was the actual producer, who actually shaped the sound, etc).. and that's how she crossovered to the mainstream.

by Anonymousreply 260November 6, 2022 11:22 PM

r128 Madonna may beg to differ.

by Anonymousreply 261November 6, 2022 11:26 PM

She's visually morphing into the actress who played the vampiric alien in the 1960s Hungarian cult sci-fi outer space movie "Queen Of Blood."

by Anonymousreply 262November 7, 2022 12:05 AM

Narcissistic Personality Disorder

by Anonymousreply 263November 7, 2022 12:10 AM

I thought the story was Sire/Warner sent covers to Black radio stations that didn't have Madonna on the cover so that the stations wouldn't know she was white. But, yes, the story keeps changing.

Remember Madonna still peddles the story that she arrived in NYC with $35 in her pocket. We all know Madonna would have a place lined up.

by Anonymousreply 264November 7, 2022 3:24 AM

If it really strange that she’s always in the bathroom recording videos.

by Anonymousreply 265November 7, 2022 3:29 AM

I cannot imagine Madonna digging through trash cans to look for food. That's another part of the myth of her arriving in NYC. Would someone who got fired from Dunkin Donuts for being too lazy really go dumpster diving for food?

by Anonymousreply 266November 7, 2022 3:32 AM

I always bought the story about her arriving in NYC and starving but then I realized there was no way. Madonna was like me, from a middle class upbringing. There was no way my family would have let me go anywhere without having at least a place to stay and a few hundred dollars in my bank account.

I think Madonna desperately wants to be seen as a starving artist. I'm sure she had her struggles in NYC before she made it big but I don't buy that she just showed up to NYC with no money.

by Anonymousreply 267November 7, 2022 3:43 AM

Didn't Madonna also say she grew up with mostly black kids? Considering she grew up in 1960s Detroit suburbia, I'm pretty sure she was lying.

by Anonymousreply 268November 7, 2022 3:47 AM

Now Cher is dating someone 40 years younger than her. Yes, Cher is ALL class *said no one but Madonna haters*

by Anonymousreply 269November 7, 2022 3:52 AM

Who cares about the age difference with Cher? It's not like its a 21 year old kid.

by Anonymousreply 270November 7, 2022 4:17 AM

Madonna was dating a young man she could control. Cher's bf is a music executive. It's probably her last chance at some dick.

by Anonymousreply 271November 7, 2022 4:24 AM

100 year old bag of bones Cher isn't getting any dick unless she's paying for it.

by Anonymousreply 272November 7, 2022 4:53 AM

Yall are too cute if you think any of these old gals actually are getting fucked. Not even Hagdonna. Most women who have gone through menopause dont ever want to see a dick again. Its all for show.Though I really thought Cher above all that.

by Anonymousreply 273November 7, 2022 4:57 AM

You must not know too many women. My parents still have sex in their 70s.

by Anonymousreply 274November 7, 2022 5:06 AM

If that's true, why is the STD rate in retirement communities and nursing homes so high?

by Anonymousreply 275November 7, 2022 5:12 AM

I'd wager Cher never paid for dick in her life, even now.

by Anonymousreply 276November 7, 2022 5:16 AM

She looks like Marilyn Manson

by Anonymousreply 277November 7, 2022 5:55 AM

OP Madonna has prolapsed anus lips!

by Anonymousreply 278November 7, 2022 6:09 AM

[quote]If it really strange that she’s always in the bathroom recording videos.

Maybe she suffers from a spastic colon.

by Anonymousreply 279November 7, 2022 6:37 AM

R249, who is HG Tudor?

by Anonymousreply 280November 7, 2022 8:16 AM

Is she auditioning for the role of possessed evil doll in some horror film?

by Anonymousreply 281November 7, 2022 9:11 AM

R280, he's a narcissistic psychopath who makes youtube videos about celebrities who he thinks have narcissistic personality disorder and who may also be sociopath or psychopathic. Analysing Markle is the source of most of his material, but he's profiled Trump, Putin, Ellen, Angelina, Amber Heard as well.

He also goes into the tactics narcissists in general use.

by Anonymousreply 282November 7, 2022 11:30 AM

Lots of young people have a cultural “memory” that is pretty much of the present. I was talking about longevity in one of my classes and mention a professional colleague who helped care for Bob Hope in very old age (he died at 104) I think. None of my students knew who he was!

When I was young, I knew who Mae West and Al Jolson were. I knew who Amelia Earhart was, etc. I think Internet “noise” and useless information has obscured all manner of historical content. It’s really not the “fault” of the young, rather the world we live in. Students have a hard time distinguishing between clever on line heath ads from legitimate content about health, like a link to a peer reviewed journal article. It’s very frustrating to old farts like me!

by Anonymousreply 283November 7, 2022 12:37 PM

[quote]I was talking about longevity in one of my classes and mention a professional colleague who helped care for Bob Hope in very old age (he died at 104) I think.

Bob Hope died at 100, as did fellow comedian George Burns.

by Anonymousreply 284November 7, 2022 5:05 PM

It doesn’t have to be an either/or. I’d guess some of both. Drugs to help manage some of her crazy.

by Anonymousreply 285November 7, 2022 5:25 PM

Madonna is trolling us. Nothing more. She's a lot more self-aware than what we're seeing.

by Anonymousreply 286November 7, 2022 6:30 PM

If she were so self aware r286 she would not have gotten all the shitty plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 287November 7, 2022 6:46 PM

What exactly does she see in the mirror or when looking at unfiltered photos and footage of herself? Not long ago she would always use filters or some other gimmick when uploading content to Instagram. If she's still using filters her real face must be even more utterly appalling.

by Anonymousreply 288November 7, 2022 11:14 PM

r288, she actually looks better without all the filters this is back in August:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289November 8, 2022 1:07 AM

Still terrifying r289.

by Anonymousreply 290November 8, 2022 2:17 AM

Does she put in the filters herself or does one of her handlers do that?

by Anonymousreply 291November 8, 2022 8:50 AM

The cheek, butt and boob implants were a huge mistake because obviously she's gained weight. They make that fact more apparent. If she can have surgery such as implants then why not go for liposuction? Especially for her stomach and waist. Does she not do yoga anymore?

by Anonymousreply 292November 8, 2022 9:10 AM

With every passing day she seems to resemble Pete Burns more and more. It's very sad and it's clear she's not a well person.

by Anonymousreply 293November 8, 2022 9:18 AM

Pete Burns was prettier, with better hair

by Anonymousreply 294November 8, 2022 11:33 AM

r292, I think she has hip and knee issues (almost all dancers do), so yoga is murder on them.

by Anonymousreply 295November 8, 2022 11:34 AM

Lol @ Madonna’s idiot fans about how she is “trolling” is and how “self aware” she is.

by Anonymousreply 296November 8, 2022 1:16 PM

It's nothing short of demonic possession.

by Anonymousreply 297November 8, 2022 1:47 PM

Madonna is slated to play Regan in The Exorcist remake. She will also sing all the Pazuzu lines. Vocoder included.

by Anonymousreply 298November 8, 2022 3:06 PM

r298

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299November 8, 2022 7:54 PM

She likely has already had lipo. It's only advised to have it twice in any area because it can increase one's visceral fat levels.

by Anonymousreply 300November 8, 2022 8:39 PM

[quote]Fuck the haters. Cher certainly acted and still acts trashy, had some horrific plastic surgery. Dolly Parton looks hideous up close. She’s embraces trashy.

Neither of them shameless pander on social media to this degree. In fact, Dolly's busy building libraries and funding literacy programs. Madonna ain't all there any more.

by Anonymousreply 301November 9, 2022 1:27 AM

^ *shamelessly

by Anonymousreply 302November 9, 2022 1:28 AM

Cher and Dolly have a sense of humor, they smile and they inspire goodwill.

Madonna can do none of these things. It's sad. She should be enjoying her legacy, laughing about the shit she caused when she was younger and just enjoying being the Queen of Pop. But she's like Michael Jackson - the King of Pop - taking herself too seriously and becoming creepy.

by Anonymousreply 303November 9, 2022 2:44 AM

[quote] Does she not do yoga anymore?

No. She stopped that years ago and gave us strength training in the 2000s. She’s just a fat tub of lard now.

by Anonymousreply 304November 9, 2022 4:07 AM

Madonna had hip replacement surgery a few years ago. She also broke her knee. Her body has been falling apart for years now. She broke her hip AFTER the fake ass.

by Anonymousreply 305November 9, 2022 4:09 AM

She's starting to look like Pete Burns now

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306November 9, 2022 4:31 AM

Madonna needs an intervention.

by Anonymousreply 307November 9, 2022 5:36 AM

r305

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308November 9, 2022 6:26 AM

I forgot which farewell tour- maybe the last one, but Cher opened with "What's YOUR Granny doing tonight?". Can you imagine Madonna saying that?

by Anonymousreply 309November 9, 2022 7:04 AM

Cher used to go back stage after seeing Joan Rivers and complain that she took the Cher jokes out. Her favorite one was Joan saying that Cher cruised the Toys R Us parking lot looking for a new boyfriend.

Madonna will play the victim if anyone brings up her age or how she’s acting like a moron.

This is the difference between Cher and Madonna. Cher has nothing to prove. Madonna knows she has very little talent which is why she’s so horrible up people. She has a chip on her shoulder. People who have actual talent don’t need to put people down in order to make themselves look better in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 310November 9, 2022 7:42 AM

These latest photos and GIFs are grotesque. Horrific. Her face looks it's swollen to bursting with pus, and is about to blow open. Like she's been attacked by a swarm of bees and is going into anaphylactic shock.

by Anonymousreply 311November 9, 2022 8:47 AM

Pete Burns was prettier with better hair

by Anonymousreply 312November 9, 2022 8:52 AM

[quote] People who have actual talent don’t need to put people down in order to make themselves look better in comparison.

Eh? There are plenty of talented people who treat those around them like shit.

by Anonymousreply 313November 9, 2022 12:12 PM

[quote]It's nothing short of demonic possession.

When she fell on stage, her shows were like a smorgasbord of demonic imagery. It actually was if as she was conjuring up some kind of beast on stage.

She is like a horror movie but real. I'm not familiar with her post-Ray of Light work, but remember all the Catholic imagery from her early years, and find it weird she went so far in the opposite direction.

by Anonymousreply 314November 10, 2022 5:39 AM

She looks like Li'l Kim at R289

by Anonymousreply 315November 10, 2022 5:47 AM

Please welcome to the stage: BUSTY CLIPP

by Anonymousreply 316November 10, 2022 5:50 AM

Saw this today and it was too relevant for our discussion. A plastic surgeon analyzed how overdone she is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317November 10, 2022 6:05 AM

Imagine being one of her younger children and finding the face at R317 staring back at you when you wake up in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 318November 10, 2022 12:22 PM

r317- that surgeon is not taking into account the Asian face morphing app that she is using- you can see it at the irregular borders of the face, right under the cheekbones, and at top of the earring.

by Anonymousreply 319November 10, 2022 1:54 PM

R45 HE'S SORRY! HE'S SORRY! SORRY MY ASS!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320November 10, 2022 4:15 PM

R311

Bees!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321November 10, 2022 4:24 PM

Angelina is allegedly part of some worldwide human trafficking scheme according to internet conspirators.

by Anonymousreply 322November 10, 2022 5:32 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323November 10, 2022 6:41 PM

Looks like she's holed up in her ugly UES townhouse. Do you think she every does 'normal' people things? Like walk down the street, run errands, go out to dinner? Or is her life nothing but yes people and bathroom selfies?

by Anonymousreply 324November 10, 2022 7:51 PM

Where did her jaw go?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325November 11, 2022 5:40 AM

The problem is that 100K is nothing to her. If she realises she didn't get a good result (that seems unlikely as she appears to be delusional) and if she does snap to the fact she looks heinous, she'll double down and spend even more ridiculous amounts of money. Well, ridiculous to us...pocket change to her.

by Anonymousreply 326November 11, 2022 8:31 AM

Her cheek implants are monstrously large and there is way too much filler at her temples. Otherwise her face shape is the same.

by Anonymousreply 327November 11, 2022 4:27 PM

She's Frida Kahlo! She's Orlan! She's an artist!

Artists are here to disturb the peace........

by Anonymousreply 328November 11, 2022 6:17 PM

Now she's "licking water out of a dog bowl". I put it in quotes because I cannot bear to actually watch it and confirm this for myself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329November 11, 2022 7:53 PM

She's one pathetic embarrassment after another these days. I never thought that anyone could make the Kardashians look classy.

by Anonymousreply 330November 11, 2022 7:59 PM

It's interesting to see people comparing Madonna to Pete Burns. I read Burns' autobiography, "Freak Unique." Although it was sad, it was interesting and contained more self-insight than I would have thought. Unlike Madonna, Burns was closer to an avant-garde body-mod experimenter like Genesis P-Orridge than a deluded poor man's Mae West. He was aware of the madness of what he was doing and he was frank in the book about how much it hurt physically and how much it harmed his health.

It probably helped that he didn't have the money to live in a world of utter delusion. I don't think he was sane, exactly, but he definitely had at least one foot in reality. I don't think Madonna's even visited reality in years.

by Anonymousreply 331November 11, 2022 8:07 PM

If only you could lock people up just for finding them repulsive. Madonna would be one of the first in line at THAT facility. Seriously, Madonna is like a bag lady with money now.

by Anonymousreply 332November 11, 2022 8:26 PM

She's got the mento illness, luv

by Anonymousreply 333November 11, 2022 8:30 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334November 11, 2022 9:23 PM

She's going through "the change"

by Anonymousreply 335November 11, 2022 9:44 PM

Eds, Eds, look Madonners a puppy now! Lick lick!

by Anonymousreply 336November 11, 2022 10:28 PM

Can't she help the world in a meaningful way by rescuing chickens or personally donating sandwiches to people who are so grief-stricken they are in shock?

by Anonymousreply 337November 11, 2022 11:02 PM

Madonna "went through the change" at least 15 years ago. That is one dry pussy.

by Anonymousreply 338November 12, 2022 12:24 AM

I mean really,whats next ? Shitting on the floor and rolling around in it? Nobody is "shocked" at her antics,they just think shes fucking retarded.

by Anonymousreply 339November 12, 2022 1:05 AM

Who is shooting the video? The police need to check for potential elder abuse.

by Anonymousreply 340November 12, 2022 1:15 AM

r338 She has reached the age where they'll discontinue use of hrt for some women. . . of course, mental health also deteriorates in general, with or without hrt. And many have always suspected she had one or several serious issues. Which if that's the case... 60s is usually when it starts heading into greater extremes, patients can become med resistant -- which isn't as simple as upping dosage as much as large cocktail of drugs continuously cycled but most patients will just stop taking them, hard enough to get them to take one.. besides after a while, it would be stopped because of toxicity levels and they'd recommend alternatives. It is possible she's had those, even. Most patients benefit but some end up a little kookier than before and have memory and impulse issues.

by Anonymousreply 341November 12, 2022 1:17 AM

tiktok agrees with the Pete Burns association

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342November 12, 2022 1:21 AM

[quote] Granny what are you doing 😳

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343November 12, 2022 1:27 AM

She should be nominated poster girl for Pop Tarts.

by Anonymousreply 344November 12, 2022 4:08 AM

Look at me!! Comment on me! Evaluate me!

Pay attention to me or I cease to exist!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 345November 12, 2022 9:44 AM

Genesis P-Orridge still had his dick, but also had the breast implants.

Do you think Mad-Donna's next step into madness will be getting a penis attached?

You have to wonder what her older children think of her obvious mental decline or is all they care about are their trust funds?

by Anonymousreply 346November 12, 2022 6:04 PM

Next she'll be piercing her clit...on camera.

by Anonymousreply 347November 12, 2022 7:32 PM

Guy Ritchie will look after Rocco, but isn't he technically David Banda's father as well. What happened there? It's hilarious how Lourdes boasts about paying for her own college fees. How did she earn that money? By trading on the fact that she's Madonna's daughter. First "modelling ", now "singing"...what will she do when that peters out as well?

This latest round of plastic surgery, styling and attention seeking makes Madonna seem atrocious as a person and in need of drastic mental health treatment. Lucky for her that her money and power will keep social services from questioning the environment her children are being raised in. But they actually should make at least one visit.

by Anonymousreply 348November 12, 2022 9:59 PM

For fans, the worst thing about these past few years is that they have proved Madonna detractors were ultimately right about her. She's just a narcisstic fame-whore, nothing more. There's no depth there.

by Anonymousreply 349November 12, 2022 10:18 PM

The hounds of Hell are coming for her.

by Anonymousreply 350November 15, 2022 12:36 PM

she does not seem well.....off her meds?

by Anonymousreply 351November 15, 2022 12:39 PM

'her face looks swollen with pus' my fave so far.

by Anonymousreply 352November 15, 2022 12:45 PM

Someone take this bitch's phone away from her! My god...

by Anonymousreply 353November 15, 2022 12:51 PM

Maybe she got hooked on oxy after the broken hip and she went wooo wooo

by Anonymousreply 354November 15, 2022 12:54 PM

[quote]Drugs or Mental Illness?

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 355November 15, 2022 7:00 PM

Where did her accent of the week go?

by Anonymousreply 356November 15, 2022 8:00 PM

^ I hate that.

by Anonymousreply 357November 15, 2022 8:02 PM

She needs to be soaked in a vat of leeches. Bring down all the swelling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358November 15, 2022 9:58 PM

She;d be better off if her face was ripped off my a chimp.

by Anonymousreply 359November 15, 2022 10:08 PM

She needs to be in a fucking conservatorship, or at least a sitter at the very minimum.

by Anonymousreply 360November 15, 2022 10:11 PM

She really is the 2022 version of Norma Desmond.

by Anonymousreply 361November 15, 2022 10:14 PM

At least she's busted out the more flattering filters for her face. What have her thought processes been the last few years?

Get boobs and butt plumped up like K clan: check.

Re-model entire face like K clan: check.

Get on the gram like K clan and act like a fucking idiot: check.

Nobody likes the result: write a post begging the public to stop bullying her??? WTF???

by Anonymousreply 362November 15, 2022 10:28 PM

"There’s definitely too much volume which correlates with the concept of turning a raisin into a grape, so if this voluntary - then shame on Madonna’s doctors."

TURNING A RAISIN INTO A GRAPE!

by Anonymousreply 363November 15, 2022 10:30 PM

How pathetic for her. She's 64 and her whole existence now is about copying the Kartrashians.

by Anonymousreply 364November 15, 2022 10:30 PM

Deluded af. Too many yes men in her entourage. They want the gravy train to keep going.

by Anonymousreply 365November 15, 2022 10:38 PM

R364, the irony being that Madonna used to say that she never watched tv and that she didn't even allow her kids to watch it.

by Anonymousreply 366November 15, 2022 11:53 PM

I have four or five friends, all 40+ who were huge Madonna fans. When she'd go on tour they'd see her repeatedly and always buy good seats. If I had to guesstimate they probably spent each $5K-$10K per tour. Some of them would also travel to flyover country to see her where the tickets (they claimed) were more modestly priced and where the travel + tickets would be cheaper than MSG. They also paid to be part of some sort of early access group and they all had really extensive collections of merchandise.

It took a long time, but almost all of them are over her. I think one of these friends saw one night of the Madam X tour. Most of them think it's very sad and that there's something very wrong with her which has changed drastically in the last five or so years. They think she also is in constant pain and that her butt implant somehow went bad or something and can't be removed... one thinks that this is all part of a performance and that she'll reveal herself to be just fine soon.

I don't think she quite realizes how fruitless her attempts are to wow her kids crowd and I don't think she realizes how all of this alienates adults who would actually support her going forward.

by Anonymousreply 367November 16, 2022 12:11 AM

R367, that's interesting. Did the lateness to her own concerts have an impact on your friends liking her at all? BTW, she hasn't sold out MSG for years, has she? She claimed the smaller venues were for the benefit of the performance, but all that happened was she had to play more nights and put her body under more stress.

by Anonymousreply 368November 16, 2022 12:22 AM

R367, I'm 10 years younger than your friends and feel the same way. However, I consider myself fortunate, I have never had the urge to see her live which has saved me lots of money and frustration in the long run. Who the fuck would pay to $5 to 10k to see ANYONE perform? It's just insanity. I'm a Beatles fan and I wouldn't spend over $1k to see them reunite and perform (if it were possible).

by Anonymousreply 369November 16, 2022 12:23 AM

[quote]They think she also is in constant pain and that her butt implant somehow went bad or something and can't be removed.

They can likely be removed but she's so arrogant she'd probably rather become sick from them, or die than have them removed.

by Anonymousreply 370November 16, 2022 12:28 AM

Does Lourdes facetune her mirror? It takes certain body types to pull off a Mugler catsuit. And Lourdes doesn't possess one of them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371November 16, 2022 10:43 AM

LardAss’s voice is horrendous. Did her recent song she dropped even chart at all?

by Anonymousreply 372November 16, 2022 2:42 PM

Lourdes didn’t turn out to be as pretty as I expected. Both of her parents are…what happened?

by Anonymousreply 373November 16, 2022 2:48 PM

She looks like Cher and Madonna had a daughter.

by Anonymousreply 374November 16, 2022 3:14 PM

Lourdes has a hard face. She looks like a 40 year old mtf .

by Anonymousreply 375November 16, 2022 9:10 PM

You wonder what some people would’ve been like without extreme fame and fortune.

by Anonymousreply 376November 16, 2022 10:27 PM

[quote]Lourdes has a hard face. She looks like a 40 year old mtf .

In fairness, she's Saffy, with a stylist.

by Anonymousreply 377November 16, 2022 11:53 PM

Lourdes just always looks atrocious. Her face seems melded into her neck without having a proper chin or jaw. And that Mugler catsuit accentuates her flat chest and thick waist. Doesn't she exercise at all? She also seems very arrogant.

by Anonymousreply 378November 17, 2022 12:18 AM

Someone needs to turn that frown upside down...Lourdes always looks like she smelled a bad fart

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379November 17, 2022 12:28 AM

Age-related senility, combined with silicon seepage.

by Anonymousreply 380November 17, 2022 12:30 AM

R56 Vodka or gin?

by Anonymousreply 381November 17, 2022 2:26 AM

Lola was cute when she was younger but she really looks like a Mexican trucker.

by Anonymousreply 382November 17, 2022 3:33 AM

r367 "I don't think she quite realizes how fruitless her attempts are to wow her kids crowd and I don't think she realizes how all of this alienates adults who would actually support her going forward."

This is a really good point because it shows how her fans, like most people in her life, are disposable to her. It's like she wants to trade in all of her fans from the 80s-00s for the younger generation, but unfortunately for her it doesn't work like that.

by Anonymousreply 383November 17, 2022 4:45 AM

I hate to be the one to tell her this, but to her new fans, she is the one who is disposable. They are degrading granny for the fun of it. Like eating out Tokesha's ass in public will endear her to them?

by Anonymousreply 384November 17, 2022 7:20 AM

Madonna, Trump, Musk...we're seeing in realtime how narcissists melt down when they are denied the public adoration that gives them their life force.

by Anonymousreply 385November 17, 2022 8:44 AM

Just the necklaces alone are exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 386November 17, 2022 9:33 AM

I think she looks amazing!

by Anonymousreply 387November 17, 2022 9:48 AM

What is NOT wrong with her at this point? Sad sad sad.

by Anonymousreply 388November 17, 2022 4:34 PM

She did swear she was going to become a comedian years ago. Maybe she's playing a character like Tiny Tim or something and her whole life is performance art that she thinks is funny.

by Anonymousreply 389November 17, 2022 4:38 PM

I still vote demonic possession.

by Anonymousreply 390November 17, 2022 4:57 PM

Obviously just surging pregnancy hormones.

by Anonymousreply 391November 17, 2022 4:59 PM

Do two narcissists repel each other?

by Anonymousreply 392November 17, 2022 5:06 PM

Music makes the people come together. Music mix the bourgeoisie and the rebel

by Anonymousreply 393November 17, 2022 5:44 PM

[quote]Drugs or Mental Illness?

BOTH and more.

by Anonymousreply 394November 17, 2022 5:46 PM

All of that money and she’s still thirsty…had she pulled a Garbo, she’d still be loved. Now she’s just pitiful.

by Anonymousreply 395November 17, 2022 5:54 PM

"It's a shame. The way you live your live is a shame. And you've got no one to blame."

Who was it that said that? Oh, now I remember....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396November 17, 2022 7:46 PM

Madge is going to Hell.

Her time is short.

She made a deal with the Devil.

by Anonymousreply 397November 17, 2022 9:47 PM

She's a classic. Sadly, it's this one:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398November 17, 2022 9:53 PM

I told you that the bitch is a nutter.

by Anonymousreply 399November 17, 2022 9:54 PM

Madonna's latest look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400November 18, 2022 5:28 AM

"You can make the effort. You can have the desire. But it's not enough."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401November 19, 2022 1:35 PM

R401, Jesus, that was painful, I could only watch three seconds.

by Anonymousreply 402November 19, 2022 2:31 PM

^ Me too. I bailed at but to realize that you actually want to do something.

Though she could have played Janice on Friends.

by Anonymousreply 403November 19, 2022 2:37 PM

R403, yes, her voice was THE worst part of it. I'm guessing she was trained on how to speak properly when she signed to Sire because I cannot imagine hearing her speak all the time like that.

by Anonymousreply 404November 19, 2022 2:39 PM

Madonna hasn't been able to accept the fact that she's aged out of being a contemporary artist and is now a legacy artist and it's driven her totally crazy. Some people like Bruce Springsteen, Stevie Nicks and Billy Joel accept that they're legacy artists and just continue to do their jobs but Madonna is desperately trying to be relevant to a young audience who a) barely know who she is and b) have no interest in somebody who's old enough to be their grandmother. They have artists from their own generation who they follow, they don't care about Granny.

I'm a late Xer who grew up with Madonna in the 80s and 90s and loved her, and it's just sad to see what she's turned into.

by Anonymousreply 405November 19, 2022 3:05 PM

You nailed it R405. She is both irrelevant and a laughingstock.

by Anonymousreply 406November 19, 2022 3:08 PM

And, arguably (though not very) she's not much of an artist. She was a synthesized and marketed creation relying heavily on dance and shock and the same old same old. There's little diversity to her catalogue. She didn't really evolve or broaden, she just kept trying to reinvent what worked before.

Springsteen, Joel et al... they were artists and musicians. Madonna's more performer than singer. She sells look at me, not listen to me.

by Anonymousreply 407November 19, 2022 3:11 PM

[quote]I wonder how much coverage Streisand has even with Millennials. I was talking to a friend who's in his early thirties, and he had no idea when Streisand had done the things that had made her famous.

I'm Gen X (born '76) and I can tell you that Barbra Streisand was never a huge star with gay men of my generation, she was huge with the Boomer men. My generation's big gay icon was...........yeah, Madonna. Seriously, as much of a joke as Madonna is now, nobody else even came close to how huge she was with gay Xer guys in her heyday.

by Anonymousreply 408November 19, 2022 3:18 PM

[quote]There's little diversity to her catalogue. She didn't really evolve or broaden, she just kept trying to reinvent what worked before.

That is absolutely not true. She had a lot of diversity to her sound.

by Anonymousreply 409November 19, 2022 3:19 PM

All within the same sound.

Springsteen:

Born to Run

Dancing in the Dark

I'm on Fire

Born in the USA

Philadelphia

Santa Claus is coming to fucking town.

Madonna stuck in computer generated dance rut, with occasional forays in Latin appropriation. Other than Live to Tell I can't remember a ballad, though there probably are some.

by Anonymousreply 410November 19, 2022 3:30 PM

[QUOTE]I can't remember a ballad, though there probably are some.

Crazy For You

This Used To Be My Playground

Sooner Or Later

The Power Of Good-Bye

I'll Remember

You Must Love Me

Oh Father

The Look Of Love

Ghosttown

You'll See

I Want You

by Anonymousreply 411November 19, 2022 3:44 PM

What's a Saucy Santana?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412November 19, 2022 3:49 PM

R412 Wow that's horrible. I feel assaulted. Can we file a class action?

by Anonymousreply 413November 19, 2022 3:56 PM

Can we run her as a Senator from one of our craphole states?

by Anonymousreply 414November 19, 2022 4:05 PM

Menopause punched her in the head. True, The Super Bowl was her last terrific work. The coming three hours late for her shows helped destroy a big fan base.

There are role models, artists like Streisand and Rod Stewart who saw their pop work aging out and recorded show tunes, movie music and the great American standards and were rewarded with sold out world tours and number one albums. Watch Gaga take that route.

by Anonymousreply 415November 19, 2022 4:17 PM

Boredom.

by Anonymousreply 416November 19, 2022 4:19 PM

[quote] There's little diversity to her catalogue. She didn't really evolve or broaden, she just kept trying to reinvent what worked before.

This isn't true at all. Madonna's catalogue is far more diverse than Michael Jackson's. It's not even a close call. Seriously, compare Erotica to her debut. They have nothing in common.

by Anonymousreply 417November 19, 2022 5:08 PM

And for those who still think she didn't grow as an artist, here is the demo version of Nothing Really Matters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418November 19, 2022 5:10 PM

[QUOTE] There are role models, artists like Streisand and Rod Stewart who saw their pop work aging out and recorded show tunes, movie music and the great American standards and were rewarded with sold out world tours and number one albums. Watch Gaga take that route.

M'kay. That would explain Stewart crooning "I wuv you, yes I DO"

by Anonymousreply 419November 19, 2022 10:08 PM

IMO, the saddest things are the collabs she does with acts a quarter her age and who only Gen Z will know.

They look on Madge the same way HER fanbase in the 80s might have looked on Rosemary Clooney- "who, or what was that?"

by Anonymousreply 420November 19, 2022 11:23 PM

That horrible duet with Britney market a turning point. And now, she does collabs all the time that are far worse than that one.

by Anonymousreply 421November 19, 2022 11:39 PM

r268 wrote: "Didn't Madonna also say she grew up with mostly black kids? Considering she grew up in 1960s Detroit suburbia, I'm pretty sure she was lying."

In her brothers book, he covers this. cant remember the details but they grew up around a lot of black people.

by Anonymousreply 422November 20, 2022 11:09 AM

I read somewhere that her earliest years were in a mostly black neighbourhood. Then the family moved to a predominantly white neighbourhood and she didn't like that

by Anonymousreply 423November 20, 2022 11:12 AM

R442/R443, I wonder how much of that is true. 1960s Detroit wasn't exactly integrated so I'm wondering how true the story is.

by Anonymousreply 424November 20, 2022 2:41 PM

r415, I say that about a lot of pop singers when their stars fade- they all go rerecording classics. Gaga has a head start with Tony Bennett.

by Anonymousreply 425November 20, 2022 2:43 PM

No, but Joe Biden was raised by Puerto Ricans.

by Anonymousreply 426November 20, 2022 3:54 PM

It's all part of an Illuminati humiliation ritual.

by Anonymousreply 427November 20, 2022 6:32 PM

She needs Sean Penn to come back into her life. Her only true love she said it herself.

by Anonymousreply 428November 20, 2022 10:04 PM

Yeah Sean Penn, the guy who beat her and threatened her frequently during their marriage. "The coolest guy in the universe".

She'll then scream misogyny at anyone who criticises her.

by Anonymousreply 429November 20, 2022 10:39 PM

Feminism only suits Madonna when it suits HER. She was nasty about other female stars and then years later, she was all like "women need to stick together". But that didn't apply to Gaga, who Madonna was legitimately threatened by.

And I find it interesting that Madonna always takes on the ideas of the men she's with at the time. Remember when her videos became more violent when she was with Guy Ritchie? Or when she was spouting that COVID bullshit when she was with that younger dancer? She's a typical hypocrite who cries feminism but then will acquiesce to the men she's with.

Remember when she ditched us gays for Guy? She surrounded herself with straight dancers and the occasional gay one. With Truth or Dare she treated her gay dancers like she was showing them off at show and tell. She really didn't show them as fully dimensional people. The straight dancer, Oliver, got more coverage.

Madonna is a lot more conservative than we realize.

by Anonymousreply 430November 21, 2022 12:28 AM

R430, your comment reminds me of how Madonna used to make comments that would be considered "fatphobic" today. Like how her fat fans are the worst and how it would make her feel so uncomfortable when they would come up to her.

by Anonymousreply 431November 21, 2022 12:32 AM

We do know Madonna likes well hung young Puerto Rican men.

Rumor was, many years ago, she was driven around in a limo through certain areas of Manhattan looking for hot male Puerto Rican street hookers to service her. These male street hookers usually gathered along certain streets in the 50s on the East side of the city.

by Anonymousreply 432November 21, 2022 12:35 AM

R432, you are forgetting a key part. Many of those Puerto Ricans weren't even men, they were teenagers . This is from the I hate Madonna book:

According to several sources, Madonna often cruised Manhattan's Lower East Side in her limo, picking up young Latino men and having her way with them.

Madonna intimate Erica Bell has described these joy rides by saying, "You could go down to Avenue D and find dozens of guys who'll tell you they were picked up by Madonna. And they'd be telling the truth."

Bell remembered riding with Madonna and "picking up two or three at a time."

Sometimes she'd be satisfied with just a kiss, "but if she really liked the kid, she'd just rip off his clothes and do whatever she wanted with him while we drove around New York."

According to Mark Kamins, Madonna sometimes brought the destitute boys home to her luxurious apartment on the Upper West Side.

"She ran a Puerto Rican stud farm up there," he said.

Wasn't there any risk the boys would tell someone about the experiences after she had abandoned them? "These were just banji boys, downtown kids," Johnny Dynell, a close-hand observer, has said. "Madonna was smart. She knew nobody would believe them."

by Anonymousreply 433November 21, 2022 12:39 AM

I see the maiden auntie brigade has arrived.

by Anonymousreply 434November 21, 2022 12:44 AM

[quote]your comment reminds me of how Madonna used to make comments that would be considered "fatphobic" today. Like how her fat fans are the worst and how it would make her feel so uncomfortable when they would come up to her.

So she's basically a gay man, then.

by Anonymousreply 435November 21, 2022 12:45 AM

R435, yes.

by Anonymousreply 436November 21, 2022 12:46 AM

Good lord, Madonna liked LATIN COCK! She had one night stands with LATIN MEN! Dear Heavens, what a shameless harlot!

by Anonymousreply 437November 21, 2022 12:46 AM

Does she identify as Queer now?

by Anonymousreply 438November 21, 2022 12:52 AM

Her talentlessness simply is now more evident, as she lacks a team of 50 to alter the raw manure and turn it into marketable "derring do."

by Anonymousreply 439November 21, 2022 12:54 AM

r432 and r433 are furiously fingering their holes, thinking about getting fucked by hot young Puerto Rican trade in the back of a limo.

Ay Papi! Fuck my hole with your big pinga! Make me cum!

by Anonymousreply 440November 21, 2022 12:55 AM

[quote][R432] and [R433] are furiously fingering their holes, thinking about getting fucked by hot young Puerto Rican trade in the back of a limo.

No DEAR, as a Latin man myself, I'm not at all attracted to Latin men, my longtime partner is not Hispanic. Besides, not all Latin men have big cocks, that's yet another DL fantasy.

The assumptions conjured up by one post in a DL thread, are absurd! Some of you on DL are total morons.

Kindly fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 441November 21, 2022 1:00 AM

r441 is OUTRAGED!

by Anonymousreply 442November 21, 2022 1:02 AM

[quote][R441] is OUTRAGED!

No, not "outraged" you moron. [bold]Just annoyed by the utter stupidity constantly on display in DL threads. [/bold]

So, Madonna was a dumb always horny whore who became famous due to her contrived controversies and ridiculous image, not due to having any sort of actual talent. Madonna cannot sing and her hit songs were written by many different people. Of course, Madonna always managed to get songwriting credit for songs she had little to no hand in writing.

This thread is about this idiot's mental decline, her hypocrisy and her shallow empty life.

by Anonymousreply 443November 21, 2022 1:09 AM

She looks like Ruth Buzzi in R401.

by Anonymousreply 444November 21, 2022 1:37 AM

[quote]She looks like Ruth Buzzi in R401.

Like Ruth Buzzi without the glamour,

by Anonymousreply 445November 21, 2022 2:21 AM

she look dumb and mean and a brat. sad hag.

by Anonymousreply 446November 21, 2022 3:26 AM

Except poor vocals, r417.

by Anonymousreply 447November 21, 2022 11:47 AM

She was calling out 50 Cent for dissing her but she used to rag on having fat fans? Plus all the other mean shit she's hung on multiple people...

by Anonymousreply 448November 21, 2022 12:06 PM

R447, her voice improved significantly, especially after the Evita training. And after that, she was able to sing pretty well up the Madame X shit. Still, she;ll never compete for greatest singer of all time (and she knows that). I wish she had actually focused on really playing an instrument, singing even better, etc. But her desire for fame trumps everything else.

R448, yup, she ragged on them and said it really bothered her when they would swarm her. It's so funny to think how a celebrity saying stuff like that now would not be endearing but back in the day, everyone just took it. Social media has really changed the relationship of celebrities with "the commoners".

by Anonymousreply 449November 21, 2022 12:34 PM

"Yeah Sean Penn, the guy who beat her and threatened her frequently during their marriage"

That is categorically not true R429 don't make the same mistake I did

by Anonymousreply 450November 21, 2022 4:33 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451November 21, 2022 11:51 PM

I'm not sure that is the right outfit for today.

by Anonymousreply 452November 21, 2022 11:52 PM

I was a fan of Madonna from 1983 to 2018 but the last four years have destroyed her legacy and I've grown to really dislike her. This is the same woman who I would run to the record store on release day to buy her new album. I wouldn't even cross the street to watch her in concert - even if it was free.

I spent thousands of dollars throughout the years on Madonna concert tickets, vinyl, cassettes, CDs, laserdiscs (!), DVDs and Blu-Rays and books but I find I am not drawn to her music anymore - as much as I like her previous stuff - because of her antics. She has spoiled her legacy so even putting on True Blue or Ray of Light just reminds me of the gremlin she's devolved into.

And sex was never the thing I liked about Madonna. Yeah it added a little spice but at the end of the day I liked her music and performances. I liked her for her music, her videos and her concerts. But everything she does now is about sex, double entendres, crass sexual jokes, and showing off her disgusting body.

by Anonymousreply 453November 21, 2022 11:59 PM

R453, I still like her music but I don't consider myself a fan of the person anymore (For the same reasons you mentioned). And at this age (35), I think it's just stupid to still care about the current pop music scene. Btw, I could never imagine why anyone would spend more than $1000 to see a peformer. I would pay above that price even if John Lennon and George Harrison magically came back to life and The Beatles became a thing again.

by Anonymousreply 454November 22, 2022 12:09 AM

I want to be in Americans!!!

by Anonymousreply 455November 22, 2022 1:46 AM

The Illuminati humiliation ritual continues.

by Anonymousreply 456November 22, 2022 2:08 AM

She is repulsive

by Anonymousreply 457November 22, 2022 2:12 AM

Ssssh, don't tell anyone, Madonna will reveal yet another new look next week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458November 22, 2022 4:14 AM

[quote]Madonna, 64, risks the wrath of Instagram AGAIN as she flashes her bare bust in nude corset

Jesus. Please, please make her stop.

by Anonymousreply 459November 22, 2022 4:59 AM

I know narcissism is her detriment but I wonder if the same narcissism helps her too ?? I would be very ashamed, self cringed and in depression if I saw myself doing all those things. I guess it keeps her in denial.

Do you think Madonna could be helped by going to therapy? Or she could/would never listen to the therapist and the advice given?

by Anonymousreply 460November 22, 2022 5:09 AM

The Mad One with a new hairstyle, a mustache and some very odd new 'breastedesses'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461November 22, 2022 5:16 AM

[quote] Do you think Madonna could be helped by going to therapy? Or she could/would never listen to the therapist and the advice given?

I don't think anything can help her now. She's too egotistical and insecure about taking advice from anyone else. She now plays the victim all the time, which she never did before. What made Madonna popular was she had a tough attitude and didn't whine. Now, every criticism towards her - in her view - is ageism! Sexism! Misogyny! Patriarchy! She never takes any responsibility for her poor behaviour.

by Anonymousreply 462November 22, 2022 5:24 AM

Madonna's constant whining reminds me of a moment from The Simpsons. Marge and Homer are at some carnival and Homer says "see Marge, I told you I could deep fry my shirt" while Marge's response is "I didn't say you couldn't, I said you SHOULDN'T". That's what Madonna's hardcore stans miss. Nobody is telling Madonna she can't lick a dog bowl, wear grills, constantly be naked, make out with 20 year olds, get awful plastic surgery, etc. They are saying she SHOULDN'T. You know your dealing with a shallow version of feminism when their main concerns revolve around whether a woman can constantly act like a whore at 70.

by Anonymousreply 463November 22, 2022 12:42 PM

Madonna invented voguing. Then the blacks and drags started copying her.

That must weigh heavily on her.

by Anonymousreply 464November 22, 2022 1:53 PM

You're going to have to pay for it R455

by Anonymousreply 465November 22, 2022 2:03 PM

Is Rosie still her friend? She seems reasonable but tough enough to stand up to Madonna and tell her to knock off the antics like she did with Rosanne. I can’t believe it's been 30 years since "A league of their own" was released, its like two totally different people you never thought she would turn in to the BABY JANE of pop.

by Anonymousreply 466November 22, 2022 2:11 PM

Excellent post R463

by Anonymousreply 467November 22, 2022 2:12 PM

Nobody can tell her to turn it off, R466. She gives every appearance of having lost touch with reality and more... her ability to sell is fading, tours and recordings. She's fodder for the Daily Mail now. She's over, she just won't go away.

by Anonymousreply 468November 22, 2022 2:17 PM

R467, appreciate it. As a former fan who still likes her classic hits, I have to be honest and say that I think that in retrospect, the Madonna mania of the 80s looks pretty silly now. It makes sense why people in the 80s would have been thrilled by her but shock tactics don't age well. And the problem with making your music secondary to your celebrity image is that your music will be forgotten. And that's exactly what happened.

by Anonymousreply 469November 22, 2022 2:22 PM

I wouldn't say Madonna's music has been forgotten. Her 80s and 90s songs are still played today.

by Anonymousreply 470November 22, 2022 2:27 PM

R470, I don't think her hits are completely forgotten but they are definitely on that road. The younger generation has 0 interest in her.

by Anonymousreply 471November 22, 2022 2:30 PM

For some reason I pictured Madonna muscling her way on to a board of directors like Faye Dunaway did in mommie dearest. I can picture her at board meetings completely cussing out her shareholders like

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472November 22, 2022 2:36 PM

Except wouldn't be she be likelier to say: Do fuck with me, fellas?

by Anonymousreply 473November 22, 2022 2:42 PM

Madonna hates the fact that she can't control men with her sexuality anymore.

All her self worth was built around it.

by Anonymousreply 474November 22, 2022 2:58 PM

R474, that's what ultimately exposes her feminism as being a farce. Everything she did was just for male attention (and sometimes female attention too).

by Anonymousreply 475November 22, 2022 3:17 PM

R389 I’m not so sure Tiny Tim was playing a character. I think that was him.

by Anonymousreply 476November 23, 2022 2:58 AM

[quote]Is Rosie still her friend? She seems reasonable but tough enough to stand up to Madonna and tell her to knock off the antics like she did with Rosanne

I don't think she has "real" people in her inner world anymore.

Looking at this video, Rosie was the in-charge person in their relationship. Madonna was the most famous woman in the world, and Rosie was the up-and-coming but hardly world-famous sidekick.

30 years later, Rosie is the best known one. All young people today know who Rosie is and what she stands for.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477November 23, 2022 7:44 AM

Madonna is way too insecure and paranoid to have any real friends. Madonna is all business. Didn't she say losing her virginity was a business move?

Seems she never had any "real" people surrounding her, just sycophants and the rest of her entourage were people she used and exploited.

It must be horrific spending any time with this woman.

by Anonymousreply 478November 23, 2022 7:49 AM

I think Grandma has dementia.

by Anonymousreply 479November 23, 2022 8:40 AM

she hooked on oxys? seems way out of it.....sad

by Anonymousreply 480November 23, 2022 9:15 AM

She could have been a great-looking, fabulous character diva as she got older. Surprised the degree to which not being young has unhinged her. She has severe deficits of character and imagination.

by Anonymousreply 481November 23, 2022 9:37 AM

I think the more appropriate title of this thread is “what ISN’T wrong with Madonna”.

by Anonymousreply 482November 23, 2022 9:45 AM

Madonna could've made tons of cash money indefinitely if she had just stayed mysterious. A lot of super rich celebs like Sandra Bullock, Keanu, etc don't use social media and still make tons of cash and are well-liked. Her use of social media has turned off so many people.

by Anonymousreply 483November 23, 2022 9:46 AM

but her thinking, r483, is that all the Kardashians are on instagram and they're making more money than a lot of other celebrities.

Her FACE at r451 is simply atrocious. What a mess.

by Anonymousreply 484November 23, 2022 11:38 AM

But she shouldn't should have more money than the Kardashians R484 right?

by Anonymousreply 485November 23, 2022 11:43 AM

I watched a YouTube interview with the cast of Will and Grace talking about working with Madonna- she came off as pretty insufferable. They did not like her at all- couldn’t or wouldn’t remember names (not exactly unknown people, wore sun glasses except when taping etc. and this was some time ago.

by Anonymousreply 486November 23, 2022 11:53 AM

R486 I saw that too. And this was during the American Life period. But according to Madonna, she "changed" after her pregnancy. Uh huh.

by Anonymousreply 487November 23, 2022 12:14 PM

[quote]30 years later, Rosie is the best known one. All young people today know who Rosie is and what she stands for.

Um, no. "Young people" have no idea who Rosie is.

by Anonymousreply 488November 23, 2022 2:05 PM

R488 She's that shapely loudmouthed dyke who had the potential to be an iconic stand-up comic, but threw it all away to be inexplicably "nice" to everyone. She poured it on way too thick, but she's compensating for massive childhood trauma.

Also, she gets under Trump's oily skin too easily. We know her for that, too.

by Anonymousreply 489November 23, 2022 2:15 PM

[QUOTE]What is wrong with Madonna? Drugs or Mental Illness?

Body dysmorphia compounded by advanced stage narcissism.

by Anonymousreply 490November 23, 2022 2:49 PM

Dead Eyes Lola- what can she do?

Rocco the newsie- what can he do?

The adopted kids- are they being taken care of by someone sober and responsible?

by Anonymousreply 491November 23, 2022 3:50 PM

"Don't Tell Me" was her last good song. She should have bowed out gracefully after that and done philanthropic work, or learned to paint or something, and no one would be slagging her off right now.

by Anonymousreply 492November 23, 2022 3:53 PM

R492 Does she even MAKE music anymore? I only ever hear about her latest offstage antics, plastic surgeries, and ghoulish celebrity bullshit. She's like Michael Jackson with slightly fewer pajama parties.

by Anonymousreply 493November 23, 2022 5:45 PM

Both

by Anonymousreply 494November 23, 2022 5:45 PM

Bad girl, drunk by six...

by Anonymousreply 495November 23, 2022 7:04 PM

R477 Is that the same show where Rosie told Madonna (when she said she had new pics out that were I guess very revealing) what more could they see? Everyone has seen everything but your spleen.

by Anonymousreply 496November 23, 2022 7:29 PM

Does she have the demenshaaaa?

by Anonymousreply 497November 24, 2022 3:01 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498November 26, 2022 6:38 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499November 26, 2022 6:45 PM

Madge is fine.

You are the problem.

by Anonymousreply 500November 27, 2022 12:23 AM

Something is seriously wrong with her.

by Anonymousreply 501November 27, 2022 12:27 AM

Keep your laws off Madonna's body.

by Anonymousreply 502November 27, 2022 1:10 AM

desparate attempt to look young again and honey she looks like shit.

by Anonymousreply 503November 27, 2022 6:51 PM

FAME!

by Anonymousreply 504November 27, 2022 7:07 PM

Demon possession.

by Anonymousreply 505November 27, 2022 11:14 PM

Narcissistic personality disorder + fame + drugs. =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 506November 27, 2022 11:35 PM

I think she's probably suffering from fibromyalgia and tends to act out to take her mind off the pain on days when she's especially "tender to the touch."

by Anonymousreply 507November 28, 2022 6:29 PM

R506 “Madonna inhalado poppers….” All you need to know! 😂

by Anonymousreply 508November 28, 2022 6:42 PM

I love how she has to delicately plug a nostril around her cheap nails like it's some sort of crafty surgery.

Bitch can't even do her inhalants right anymore!

by Anonymousreply 509November 28, 2022 7:03 PM

Madonna needs to join a canasta group.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510November 28, 2022 7:40 PM

R520 Can she bring her poppers?

by Anonymousreply 511November 28, 2022 7:46 PM

R511, Can you see the future?

by Anonymousreply 512November 28, 2022 7:48 PM

Oooo shes doing Poppers ! How edgy ! Is it 1978 again ?

by Anonymousreply 513November 28, 2022 8:48 PM

In 1978 a friend of mine came over, he was a big disco, bar, back rooms the whole thing in NY. I was sitting down for morning coffee, I think he had been out all night in the club scene then. He says 'try this' and pulls out what he told me was a popper. Not like that thing in a bottle Madonna has like I guess they have now but a glass ampules wrapped in a cloth sleeve. I had no idea what it was and he instructs me how to do it. You break it, it kind of crushes but no glass escapes because it's wrapped in this netting and stuff, he tells me hold it up to your nose when you do and inhale it. That thing made my heart slam so hard I thought I was going to have a heart attack or something. It was stolen from an er is what he said I think. I can't imagine that is what the same ones they have now are, because it was a true medicine for reviving the heart. Amyl nitrate.

by Anonymousreply 514November 29, 2022 3:07 AM

The spirits of her aborted babies visit her every night.

by Anonymousreply 515November 29, 2022 4:39 PM

poppers big cause of immune system goin sour....

by Anonymousreply 516December 1, 2022 5:14 AM

Is there such a thing as adult-incident Downs?

by Anonymousreply 517December 1, 2022 5:31 AM

That's mean to people with Downs, r517, most of whom seem sweet and genuine. No, she's some kind of subnormal. A really bad one.

by Anonymousreply 518December 1, 2022 10:34 AM

Is she autistic? Might explain a few things. The dead eyes. The lack of humor.

by Anonymousreply 519December 1, 2022 11:45 AM

R519: no, she is just stupid and humorless.

by Anonymousreply 520December 1, 2022 11:57 AM

Madonna has lost her way, this is due to no longer being relevant. Seems doubtful her supposed craziness is age related, it more about losing her rabid audience. Her fans moved on because she never progressed, she's stuck in a sexpot rut, which simply doesn't work at her age.

There's likely no dementia or Alzheimers, she simply cannot deal with aging like the rest of the world, because she thinks she's better than the common folk.

Madonna cannot deal with people no longer being interested her, in turn, her antics became more bizarre. Her music never progressed, there are no new ideas and she cannot figure out how to transcend her one-note sexpot image. Or what pas icons to rip-off.

The sex image worked while she was young, it could no longer be sustained as she aged. Madonna seems so clueless as to what she can do with her time. Her management team probably gave up on her too.

I honestly don't think she's got an actual mental illness, she's simply grasping for attention. While on Jimmy Fallon a few months ago, she didn't come across as overly wired or drugged, she did come across as her usual self-absorbed self. No change there!

by Anonymousreply 521December 2, 2022 5:24 AM

True, r521. Nobody wants to see Granny's titties anymore, she's WAY too old for that shit now, but she doesn't know anything else. She has no idea what to do with herself as an older woman.

by Anonymousreply 522December 2, 2022 5:31 AM

Madonna was able to maintain such a huge level of superstardom for so many years - much longer than most people have ever been able to do - but everything eventually ends and she's been unable to deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 523December 2, 2022 5:39 AM

I bet she thinks her instagram guff is some kind of meaningful performance art. What else does she seem to focus on? And that she actually reads the comments is unfathomable.

by Anonymousreply 524December 2, 2022 6:00 AM

Here is at an event celebrating Sex, her literary triumph of so many years ago.

To celebrate, she's gone dressed as Methyl von Trapp, the secret eighth child they tried to ditch in the mountains.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525December 2, 2022 6:27 PM

She embodies all the worst characteristics of various repellent Real Housewives at R525

by Anonymousreply 526December 2, 2022 6:30 PM

I love how she spent her early fame years insisting she was more than your average pop tart with her references to being a fan of Anne Sexton, James Joyce, Hemingway and other pseudo 'heavyweights'.

FRAUD!!!!

by Anonymousreply 527December 2, 2022 6:31 PM

JFC r525 she's unrecognizable, she looks awful. Does she get something done to her face every week now?

by Anonymousreply 528December 2, 2022 6:35 PM

She proved how psychotic AND dumb when she told that tv journalist “look it up” (referring to the word reductive). It was obvious from space that the stupid bitch had just done so herself. Lady Gaga is truly savant. Madonna is truly sociopathic

by Anonymousreply 529December 2, 2022 6:35 PM

Marlene Dietrich knew when it was time to gracefully bow out, shut the door and go to bed.

by Anonymousreply 530December 2, 2022 6:38 PM

She ripped off Marlene most of her career, shame she didn't copy Marlene's final years.

by Anonymousreply 531December 2, 2022 6:45 PM

r531 she's apparently now an pill popper and alcoholic just like Marlene was.

by Anonymousreply 532December 2, 2022 6:47 PM

In a way, Madonna reminds me of my big brother. About the same age as she; for 40 years was ENTIRELY consumed by his job and high status in his specific profession. Never married, no LTRs (or STRs to my knowledge), no children, no pets, no outside hobbies. Retired and un-retired twice, then put to pasture permanently by new administration. Then the pandemic hit. Oh, did I mention he lives in Florida? Down the rabbit hole went he--far right talking points, Q theories, whackado Covid conspiracy bullshit, Alex Jones (he was a fan from back in the early 00s), the works. He's like a pod zombie. And we sibs feel so sad and helpless.

It really is sad to witness, and I feel so sorry for her children and anyone else in her life who truly cares about her.

by Anonymousreply 533December 2, 2022 8:17 PM

R529 Yes, that was awful. The journalist, Cynthia Mc Fadden, has a law degree - of course she knows what reductive means.

by Anonymousreply 534December 2, 2022 9:18 PM

People are jealous of Madonna's beauty.

GET OVER IT!!!

by Anonymousreply 535December 2, 2022 11:19 PM

Madonna looked gorgeous and 30 years younger at the Sex party yesterday. Stunning.

by Anonymousreply 536December 2, 2022 11:34 PM

Good luck with the cataracts surgery.

by Anonymousreply 537December 2, 2022 11:41 PM

Yiiikes, that plastic surgery and the fillers never seem to stop!!

The Mad One really DOES look like Pete Burns! Especially in the photos @ R525 of her in braids, scary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538December 2, 2022 11:51 PM

"Methyl von Trapp" had me screaming ! Its the perfect name for that look !

by Anonymousreply 539December 3, 2022 12:28 AM

[quote]Does she get something done to her face every week now?

I think she just irons it herself every morning.

by Anonymousreply 540December 3, 2022 7:20 AM

"What is wrong with Madonna? Drugs or Mental Illness?"

Both.

by Anonymousreply 541December 3, 2022 7:55 AM

Has she been replaced by a sex doll robot?

by Anonymousreply 542December 3, 2022 1:40 PM

Anal nematodes can produce symptoms similar to drug-induced mania and dementia. Look into it, Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 543December 3, 2022 1:44 PM

I have often wondered: Did Madonna mean "derivative" instead of "reductive" in reference to Lady Gaga? Reductive does not seem like the right word in this instance.

by Anonymousreply 544December 3, 2022 1:59 PM

They were talking about the song Born This Way and Madonna was basically saying it sounded like a reductive version of Express Yourself (which it is).

by Anonymousreply 545December 3, 2022 2:03 PM

Throughout her whole career, Madonna has often just missed the target with her word choices. It's one of the little details that has always made her come across more as pretentious than actually intelligent.

by Anonymousreply 546December 3, 2022 2:06 PM

So can we safely say she is?

by Anonymousreply 547December 3, 2022 4:31 PM

She was always "different" and attention seeking. Luckily for her, people paid attention and bought her albums, concert tickets and SEX book. She had a good run and survived, unlike MJ, Whitney, Prince and many other stars in showbiz. But the run is definitely over and this is ruining her legacy. It's become an embarrassment to admit to having ever been her fan. Someone needs to take her phone from her.

by Anonymousreply 548December 4, 2022 7:09 AM

R548, I completely agree. Madonna's demise is a big reason I've stopped listening to almost all pop music and just listen to other stuff now like rock, blues, jazz, classical, etc. What's even crazier to me is these younger artists like Lil' Nas wanting to be seen with her. Why!?

by Anonymousreply 549December 4, 2022 3:03 PM

She's not bad. She's just drawn that way.

by Anonymousreply 550December 4, 2022 6:21 PM

Where is home now? LA? New York? For some reason I always think of her in London but I don't know where her underground lair really is. Roswell?

by Anonymousreply 551December 5, 2022 5:08 AM

[quote] They were talking about the song Born This Way and Madonna was basically saying it sounded like a reductive version of Express Yourself (which it is).

That’s not what reductive means, dear. Furthermore, Express Yourself is a complete rip-off of Respect Yourself by the Staple Singers, and she gave no credit to them. She literally ripped off the chorus. The woman is dumb as dirt.

by Anonymousreply 552December 5, 2022 5:25 AM

Reductive is a disapproving word that means "dealing with or describing something complicated in a simple or too simple way." Was Madonna saying that Lady Gaga's hit lacks nuance in its message or performance? Or that the newer song is "reduced" by a lack of originality?

by Anonymousreply 553December 5, 2022 6:36 AM

Got hurt, knees bad, got addicted to pain pills , can’t work out like she used to so her body went from all muscle to soft and she can’t handle it so she decided to go all in with the kardashian fake look of plastic parts. She drinks heavily now and abandoned her macrobiotic diet. She’s behaving like a Instagram ‘model’ without the looks. She’s definitely lost the plot as they say.

by Anonymousreply 554December 5, 2022 6:46 AM

“Express Yourself” isn’t complicated. Even Camille Paglia said that Madonna isn’t the sharpest tool she opens her mouth. She usually puts her foot into it. She’s not as smart as she think she is. Those letters she wrote in crayon with misspellings outed just how utterly brain dead she is. She still says “anyways” with that fake posh accent she puts on.

by Anonymousreply 555December 5, 2022 8:24 AM

Writing letters in crayons with misspelt words? Was she channelling Prince Harry?

by Anonymousreply 556December 5, 2022 9:58 PM

Madge is insecure.

There. I said it.

by Anonymousreply 557December 5, 2022 11:36 PM

If only she had a little more money, then she would feel secure.

by Anonymousreply 558December 6, 2022 7:12 AM

Do her siblings still speak to her?

by Anonymousreply 559December 6, 2022 1:10 PM

it's been said before, but I'll say it again she'll do virtually anything for attention and she's far from alone

by Anonymousreply 560December 7, 2022 12:15 AM

Madonna's illiterate mis-use of the word "reductive," when she really meant "derivative," has been noted in another thread. It was a propos of her ridiculous, wafer-thin intellectual pretensions. And that incident was particularly comical given that she gave away her ignorance while trying to play highbrow in some interview.

by Anonymousreply 561December 7, 2022 7:54 PM

It was also massively hypocritical given how many times Madonna has been sued for plagiarism.

by Anonymousreply 562December 7, 2022 8:00 PM

R56I- I still have second hand embarrassment from the fake British accent years.

by Anonymousreply 563December 7, 2022 8:06 PM

Almost 600 replies and still no prediction for Madonna's future? What will she be remembered for ultimately?

by Anonymousreply 564December 7, 2022 8:15 PM

^ Even as her loyal older fans die off, she might still be remembered for some of her hits. Since many young people view her as a desperate or crazy old woman, a cringeworthy person, and some younglings have only heard of her name, it’s also possible she could be obscure 50 years from now—unless future generations discover her music and start a Madonna revival.

by Anonymousreply 565December 7, 2022 8:23 PM

R565, the more she tries to stay relevant and attach herself to younger artists, the longer that wil take.

by Anonymousreply 566December 7, 2022 9:42 PM

Death and aging are chasing her. She will do anything to acknowledge aging and death because she is terrified of them.

by Anonymousreply 567December 7, 2022 9:57 PM

She should go back to Ann Arbor and finish her degree.

by Anonymousreply 568December 7, 2022 9:58 PM

R567- Anything to avoid acknowledging. She is a lifelong control freak who is having to except the fact that she can't control death.

by Anonymousreply 569December 7, 2022 10:03 PM

how disappointing the once truly fabulous madonna has become a parody of herself. i think she on pain killers and has gone kinda nuts.

by Anonymousreply 570December 13, 2022 11:21 AM

She looked so good when she was with Guy Ritchie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571December 13, 2022 11:49 PM

Just ten years who she was killing it at the Super Bowl Half Time Show. She was in fierce shape and her face wasn’t butchered yet. When she got hurt at that Brit Awards show, she had to get on pain pills for her knees and back issues, her whole persona and body changed. She is literally a parody of herself. Like the drag queens mocking the celeb not celebrating them.

by Anonymousreply 572December 14, 2022 12:36 PM

Who are those odd characters she surrounds herself with? Surely not The Algonquin Round Table!

It appears, Madonna is so paranoid and insecure, she probably makes sure to hang with people she can control and who worship her. These poseurs seem like people who aren't exactly discussing anything serious.

Intellectual digress, indeed!

by Anonymousreply 573December 15, 2022 1:01 PM

Has she burned every bridge at this point?

by Anonymousreply 574December 15, 2022 1:50 PM

What why huh?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575December 16, 2022 11:08 AM

424 If Madonna had been lying about growing up surrounded by black people due to her location, her brother would have said as much. His entire book is a catalogue of every awful thing she did and every lie she told (such as being poor growing up--i think he says she had a mustang as a teenager and was far from penniless when she showed up in NYC. their father was a scientist or engineer and did well. and one set of grandparents was rich.

The brother points out the disgust at racial prejudice actually was instilled by their father. and clearly it stuck. Knowing all that, and how Madonna latches on to anything that outrages people, its clear she probably got a taste of some racist feedback and leaned in hard to pushing those buttons to piss people off and get attention. whether thats because she's a narcissist or a pioneer is another question. but she definitely put a lot of black and brown faces on TV during the 1980s and 1990s in a time period where you could watch network shows for 3 hours without a single minority actor having a single line of dialogue

by Anonymousreply 576December 24, 2022 12:57 AM

[quote] The brother points out the disgust at racial prejudice actually was instilled by their father. and clearly it stuck.

I read the book and don’t remember any of this.

by Anonymousreply 577December 24, 2022 1:17 AM

Her Super Bowl Half Time show was lame. It doesn’t even make any lists. She needed 900 guests and she fucked up her choreography. So boring.

by Anonymousreply 578December 24, 2022 1:21 AM

[quote] Death and aging are chasing her. She will do anything to acknowledge aging and death because she is terrified of them.

You mean BUT acknowledge.

She got involved in that Kabbalah cult because she pays them to tell her what she wants to hear - this includes telling her that she’ll live forever, and that you have control over everything, even illness - drink our tainted water, wear a red string, put your hands on the Zohar. She had Zohar’s nailed to either side of the stage for protection and didn’t cut her son’s hair until he was 5 for Jewish mystical reasons.

As Camille Paglia said, Madonna’s work went to shit the minute she traded Catholic paganism for celebrity Kabbalah.

by Anonymousreply 579December 24, 2022 1:24 AM

That entire Ray of Light era was so fake in retrospect (she never "changed" the way she claimed), she just wanted to get back on the A list after Erotica/the Sex book put her down a notch or two from where she was. I wonder how different things would have been if she had changed.

by Anonymousreply 580December 24, 2022 1:33 AM

If she had changed, she would still be a huge touring sensation. She would be popular on social media and she would be invited to speak about her career as a woman in the music business.

She destroyed her own career and her own legacy.

And she's alienated the last rich gays who would spend $1,000 to wait for her to come on at midnight.

by Anonymousreply 581December 24, 2022 5:00 AM

Pull out and pitch American Life (as most did), and her best musical era was 1989-2005, IMO. A lot of people of my generation prize the earliest stuff, but I thought of her as more of a singles artist before '89. I'd much rather listen to Erotica or even Music all the way through than Like a Virgin or True Blue.

by Anonymousreply 582December 25, 2022 4:32 AM

R581, agree with your post 10000%.. Madonna could easily mentor other artists if she actually had a soul. But she would only mentor an artist now if it would make her look (in her eyes) young and edgy. OR if she could make out with them for attention. Something dumb like that.

R582, I don't think 1989-2005 can all be counted as one era. And her best singles were definitely from 1983 through 1990. But you're right her albums definitely became more consistent from Like a Prayer onwards.

by Anonymousreply 583December 25, 2022 7:05 AM

hard to believe she not horrified when she looks in the mirror......truly unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 584December 25, 2022 9:12 AM

Did Madonna have any contact or relationship with Whitney Houston ?

by Anonymousreply 585December 25, 2022 9:55 AM

miss m is on dope of some kind, no sane bitch would go out in public with her face that snatched. SHAME ON HER AGENT/PUBLICIST/ AND KIDS.

by Anonymousreply 586December 25, 2022 1:17 PM

R585, she wrote a scathing private letter trashing Whitney. I’d say no.

by Anonymousreply 587December 25, 2022 1:19 PM

ALOT OF FOLKS TRASH OLE WHITNEY

by Anonymousreply 588December 25, 2022 2:50 PM

She actually did like Whitney and admitted she was jealous of her. That letter was her insecurity speaking. Whitney and Madonna acctually buried the hatchet after Madonna had some psychotic stalker.

by Anonymousreply 589December 25, 2022 3:03 PM

i never heard they buried the hatchet at all....

by Anonymousreply 590December 25, 2022 3:54 PM

R590, this was back in the mid 90s. And Whitney even made a joke at Versace's funeral/memorial and winked at Madonna while saying "...as Gianni's favorite artist" or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 591December 25, 2022 4:00 PM

Loneliness

by Anonymousreply 592December 25, 2022 4:05 PM

I didn’t know Madonna had beef with Whitey.

by Anonymousreply 593December 26, 2022 12:56 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!