Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What's the story with South Park creator Trey Parker?

He named the slutty character of Cartman's mum after his high school sweetheart who he caught cheating on him just before they were due to wed. He had previously named a wayward horse after her in Cannibal, the Musical as well, with a song called "when I was on top of you".

Her name was Liane and she was raised in a Mormon household. South Park has featured Mormonism and Trey also created the Book of Mormon musical. Before South Park fame, he actually cast Liane in Orgazmo and had her choreograph Cannibal.

He was open about going on coke fuelled stripper orgies and frequenting stripper bars, then married a Japanese socialite named Emma. And cheated on her with a stripper named Boogie who he went on to marry, divorce and then get back with (they have a daughter together).

And he insists he met Boogie at a social event, not a strip joint, as if anyone would believe him

He appeared to still be hung up on Liane for quite a while.

DL peeps have indicated he is high maintenance and obsessive.

He also seems gay and closeted.

What are his likely issues? Publicly mocking Liane as long as he did makes him seem like a bit of a bunny boiler. Matt Stone seems much more normal.

by Anonymousreply 98November 9, 2022 1:23 AM

He is funny, creative, and childlike.

by Anonymousreply 1November 3, 2022 11:35 PM

I know someone who worked on South Park. Trey Parker damn near died in 2018- some kind of bowel blockage. It was impressive they kept it out of the press.

by Anonymousreply 2November 3, 2022 11:36 PM

I've always found him very attractive, unlike the other guy.

by Anonymousreply 3November 3, 2022 11:40 PM

You mean a man has double standards for what is proper behavior for himself versus a woman? Quell surprise.

by Anonymousreply 4November 3, 2022 11:46 PM

Is that the blonde one or the dark-haired one with glasses?

by Anonymousreply 5November 3, 2022 11:48 PM

Really? I follow rodent tabloids and it was all over The Gerbil Times. They even won the Golden Acorn prize for journalism.

by Anonymousreply 6November 3, 2022 11:49 PM

I’m with R5, is he the Hall or the Oates of the duo?

by Anonymousreply 7November 3, 2022 11:53 PM

He’s the Simon not the Garfunkel

by Anonymousreply 8November 3, 2022 11:56 PM

Parker and Stone must have more money than god by now

by Anonymousreply 9November 4, 2022 12:17 AM

R9 - you should ask God himself in the other thread!

by Anonymousreply 10November 4, 2022 12:18 AM

How much of that money do they give to the Mormon Church, isn’t the tithing quite high in that religion? Are they the Tom Cruise of Mormonism?

by Anonymousreply 11November 4, 2022 12:19 AM

He's the blond one, but now more mousy brown, balding and obese. During his break up with Boogie, he is said to have mocked her by basing a mummy (as in Egyptian corpse) on her, having the character stalk Butters.

So he hasn't grown out of that lashing out thing, although she was rumoured to have cheated on him as well, hence the divorce. In the filings he insisted she get no spousal support, so that would be a part of why they got back together, despite the divorce.

What else is an aged out ex-stripper going to do? She appears to have had a fair bit of facial surgery since they first got together, as well as upgrading her breast implants.

She posts a fair bit to instagram and seems to be encouraging her young daughter to dress and behave like her, ie slutty. They're almost always wearing denim hot pants.

They're not Mormons themselves.

by Anonymousreply 12November 4, 2022 12:21 AM

How involved are they anymore in the creation of the cartoon? I assume they’ve turned most of it over to minions to run.

by Anonymousreply 13November 4, 2022 12:23 AM

Matt Stone is Jewish. Trey Parker was raised Mormon but has not been a practicing Mormon in his adult life.

by Anonymousreply 14November 4, 2022 12:28 AM

They still do the cartoon themselves.

Trey wasn't raised Mormon.

by Anonymousreply 15November 4, 2022 12:36 AM

Creators usually base all kinds of characters on people they know and, yes, they do get a vicarious thrill out of abusing the characters named/based on those that did them wrong. I suppose it's healthier than acting out in real life. At this point, he must have more money than most, so to keep doing it would seem silly. He's made his point and is more successful than those that wronged him. As they say, success is the best revenge.

by Anonymousreply 16November 4, 2022 12:45 AM

Matt and Trey admitted in a SP documentary that they don't get invited to parties anymore and that nobody in Hollywood has remained friends with them because they've ripped the piss out of them all.

by Anonymousreply 17November 4, 2022 1:11 AM

Poor little rich boys, the Truman Capotes of the 21st century. Who will be their Joanna Carson?

by Anonymousreply 18November 4, 2022 1:16 AM

I was disgusted to learn the reason they ripped on Barbra was due to her protesting a (proposed?) anti-gay law in Colorado. And they've ripped on Gisele and SJP by calling them ugly. Are they really in a position to judge anyone's looks?

by Anonymousreply 19November 4, 2022 8:29 AM

Most guys named Trey turn out to be trash.

by Anonymousreply 20November 4, 2022 10:00 AM

He looks like a slob who is probably a sloppy drunk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21November 4, 2022 10:03 AM

Ask 1997, OP.

by Anonymousreply 22November 4, 2022 10:04 AM

[quote]I was disgusted to learn the reason they ripped on Barbra was due to her protesting a (proposed?) anti-gay law in Colorado.

The South Park fangurlz on DL studiously ignore any mention of that fact. Also, I believe the one guy who goes bugfuck crazy any time Barbra is brought up on the board does so because he gets all of his personal opinions from South Park.

Trey may just be an asshole or he may have a personality disorder. Either way, he is almost impressively unappealing.

by Anonymousreply 23November 4, 2022 10:06 AM

Man-child.

by Anonymousreply 24November 4, 2022 10:09 AM

he was not model handsome but Matt Stone was sexy when he was young.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 4, 2022 10:09 AM

I believe the coke part. Just look at his nose. It's Artie Lange stage IIb.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 4, 2022 10:13 AM

What in the Charlie Brown is going on with his hair in R21? That’s the weirdest balding pattern I’ve ever seen!

by Anonymousreply 27November 4, 2022 10:19 AM

When they wore their JLo and Gwynnie dresses to the Oscars, Joan Rivers interviewed them and said afterwards that they smelled like ass and she had to stand downwind. I think I read that here…

by Anonymousreply 28November 4, 2022 10:31 AM

R19 Oh PLEASE, they made fun of Barbara Streisand because she's a NOTORIOUS goddamn egomaniac--not SIMPLY because she opposed anti-gay legislation. Deservedly so.

That's why they've made fun of EVERYBODY.

by Anonymousreply 29November 4, 2022 10:38 AM

They both got the faces they deserved

by Anonymousreply 30November 4, 2022 10:50 AM

They're creative geniuses but not good people. Not uncommon. How many geniuses were model citizens? They're almost always fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 31November 4, 2022 11:10 AM

They worked hard for their ugliness

by Anonymousreply 32November 4, 2022 11:16 AM

r29, you fucking idiot, Matt and Trey both said in the DVD commentary that it was because Colorado passed the homophobic Amendment 2, which caused a lot of celebrities like Streisand to boycott the state. They were mad about her boycott. They said so themselves.

[quote]In the DVD commentary for her debut episode, Matt and Trey cite her attitude after Colorado passed a constitutional amendment that forbid homosexuals from being protected under local laws.

by Anonymousreply 33November 4, 2022 12:02 PM

More for r29.

[quote]The two still haven't forgiven Streisand for her strong support of boycotting their native Colorado a few years ago because the state approved an anti-gay rights amendment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34November 4, 2022 12:04 PM

He was hot, now he's just fat

by Anonymousreply 35November 4, 2022 12:28 PM

THANK YOU BARBRA STREISAND FOR OPPOSING ANTI-GAY LEGISLATION

by Anonymousreply 36November 4, 2022 1:12 PM

I actually found/find Matt Stone more attractive. He's aging better than Parker.

I used to be a huge fan, but SP bores me entirely these days. And yes, I believe their enormous success has made them both insufferable assholes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37November 4, 2022 1:49 PM

Both of them are married to women of color…I am speculating, but I can’t imagine them tolerating too much of their snark. Matt’s wife is African American and Trey’s wife is Latina.

by Anonymousreply 38November 4, 2022 2:54 PM

Oh, R33. You dried up, Madonna-listening scrotum.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39November 4, 2022 6:03 PM

And another. Be sure to fetch your spectacles!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40November 4, 2022 6:05 PM

Here's a thought R33

Why don't you try watching something before your comment on it. AGAIN, they make of EVERYONE and I do mean EVERYONE which is why they were so brilliant,

by Anonymousreply 41November 4, 2022 6:08 PM

They both seem pretty Libertarian to me which we all know is Republican-lite. They still can be spot on about stuff like Tegrity, Kanye and Yelp.

by Anonymousreply 42November 4, 2022 6:14 PM

[quote]I actually found/find Matt Stone more attractive. He's aging better than Parker.

This is so true. Like how Matt Damon is now the pretty one. He aged much better than Benna Flick

by Anonymousreply 43November 4, 2022 6:40 PM

I dated a guy once who had been friends with Trey Parker and they used to flirt with each other. This was even while Parker was engaged to his very docile Asian now-wife. My ex said he and Parker were feeling each other up under the table at a restaurant once. My ex also had some fancy toilet seat that warmed up, etc. A gift from Parker.

by Anonymousreply 44November 4, 2022 6:52 PM

By the way, this ex I speak of was a man-child himself. I was glad to be rid of him.

by Anonymousreply 45November 4, 2022 6:56 PM

They are childish and nihilists, hardly role models, but the show is smart and absurd at the same time and make fun of everyone as it should (conservatives are evil or stupid, liberals are annoying and self righteous).

They are still very involved on the show, that's why is still pretty good, unlike The Simpsons or Family Guy that are unwatchable now

by Anonymousreply 46November 4, 2022 7:19 PM

[quote]The Simpsons or Family Guy that are unwatchable now

Ain't it the truth. I was rewatching some early Family Guy and Stewie was JUST EVIL. And not funny cartoon evil, he was bottom of the barrel outright EVIL.

by Anonymousreply 47November 4, 2022 7:26 PM

Family Guy in early seasons had the cast more down-to-earth. Peter was a working-class idiot but meant well. Lois was the voice of reason and filled with warmth and compassion. Chris was an oddball and an aspiring artist. Meg was a whiny teenage girl who wanted her own space. Stewie was an evil psychopath who wanted to take over the world and kill Lois. Brian was Peter's conscience and a sophisticated intellectual. Joe was a successful police officer with a loving wife despite his disablity. Cleveland was the only sensible character and was a non-stereotype by being the most bland guy in the room despite being Black. Now all of them are obnoxious and without redeeming value.

by Anonymousreply 48November 4, 2022 8:14 PM

Didn’t Cleveland get his own spin-off and leave the series?

by Anonymousreply 49November 4, 2022 8:39 PM

R49 Yeah and they completely changed Cleveland's personality. He became a clone of Peter Griffin who just spoke jive turkey essentially which was weird because in Family Guy, Cleveland was extremely deadpan and boring with no personality and that was his gag. They also overhauled Cleveland Jr.'s character from being a hyper little boy to an obese and mototone lethargic teenager who seemed like he had Asperger's. They added Cleveland a wife, Donna who was basically Lois and a step-daughter Roberta who was basically Hayley from American Dad and a step-son Rollo who was basically Stewie but also talked in jive turkey with a big afro. It didn't last long for obvious reasons...

by Anonymousreply 50November 4, 2022 8:42 PM

The only Family Guy character that remained consistent was Quagmire. He was creepy in the first season and remains creepy in the recent ones.

by Anonymousreply 51November 4, 2022 8:56 PM

Holy fucking shit, his nose!

by Anonymousreply 52November 4, 2022 9:05 PM

He has coke nose.

by Anonymousreply 53November 4, 2022 9:52 PM

Comedians are often people with enormous amounts of anger, which is why it's always a huge problem when they try to pass themselves off as Mr./Ms. Nice Guy when they get big enough to have talk shows (as we saw with Rosie O., Ellen, and now James Corden). I have found South Park often hilarious over the years, but every time I read an interview with Parker and Stone I think they're self-serving smug assholes with huge rage problems.

by Anonymousreply 54November 4, 2022 10:11 PM

Do they make fun of conservatives? I've never seen any evidence.

by Anonymousreply 55November 4, 2022 10:13 PM

The pic of them as JLo and Gwyneth always makes me laugh because they have their personas down pat, esp the way "Gwyneth" is holding his hands and his upright posture. They are total assholes though.

by Anonymousreply 56November 4, 2022 10:56 PM

R21's post shows he's fugly

by Anonymousreply 57November 4, 2022 10:58 PM

Well, he wasn't always fugly...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58November 4, 2022 11:08 PM

Have they ripped on Madonna yet?

by Anonymousreply 59November 4, 2022 11:17 PM

I e heard they’re both republican trash

by Anonymousreply 60November 4, 2022 11:29 PM

No, R60. If anything libertarian, but I would say they're more of a bratty contrarian. But they made some really funny stuff.

by Anonymousreply 61November 4, 2022 11:47 PM

They have ragged on Republicans…

by Anonymousreply 62November 4, 2022 11:50 PM

Yes, R62, that's right. Especially Dump.

by Anonymousreply 63November 4, 2022 11:53 PM

I don't think they're Republicans. They seem to hate the government and establishment. And they're smart enough to realize Republicans are exactly the big government they claim not to be. They're likely libertarian just like Mike Judge who created King of the Hill and Ideocracy.

by Anonymousreply 64November 5, 2022 12:42 PM

[quote] Creators usually base all kinds of characters on people they know and, yes, they do get a vicarious thrill out of abusing the characters named/based on those that did them wrong. I suppose it's healthier than acting out in real life.

Cf. that quote about Agatha Christie about murdering her husband over and over

by Anonymousreply 65November 5, 2022 12:52 PM

R33 They mocked her because the state-wide celebrity boycott she led had the brilliant idea of publicly dubbing Colorado "The Hate State". Now it might just be me, but I fail to see how generalizing an entire state can be productive and serve as a vehicle for rapport.

Colorado's Amendment 2 and California's Prop 8 passed by the same margins, but of course there were no calls to boycott all of California and name it "The Loathsome State". The response instead was calculated and intelligent, exposing and boycotting the organizations and people that supported it (LDS Church, California Musical Theatre, etc). Colorado is too small and unimportant, so it was easy to just brand it Terra Non Grata.

by Anonymousreply 66November 5, 2022 4:19 PM

I love Streisand, in spite of all her nonsense. And R66 is 100% correct. I also laughed at Parker and Stone mocking her. They're also cunts. All that is true.

by Anonymousreply 67November 5, 2022 4:21 PM

He got cheated on and it ruined his life and he said to himself: fuck it all. I feel the same after my crush got some rando ho pregnant. My life has been ruined since then. Are there more examples of celebrity cocaine noses?

by Anonymousreply 68November 5, 2022 4:24 PM

I live in Colorado, and I remember Amendment 2, and Boycott Colorado quite well. Cyndi Lauper played the Gothic Theater during that time, and donated the proceeds from the show to the legal fight against Amendment 2, which I thought was a better way to go than just not coming here.

ABC's The Stand miniseries filmed the Boulder scenes in Salt Lake City instead of Boulder as originally planned because of Boycott Colorado. Utah still had anti-sodomy laws on the books at the time, so that move didn't really make sense, if the reason for the move was because the fundies in Colorado Springs were trying to stop Denver, Boulder, Aspen, and Ft Collins from banning discrimination based on sexual orientation.

by Anonymousreply 69November 5, 2022 4:28 PM

Parker was very attractive in that photo at r58--he has such beautiful light blue eyes, and he actually had a good body in his twenties.

Later he became a fat fuck.

by Anonymousreply 70November 5, 2022 7:06 PM

I love that there’s a woman out there named Boogie

by Anonymousreply 71November 5, 2022 7:46 PM

R68 details. By crush do you mean you were actively dating him?

by Anonymousreply 72November 5, 2022 8:06 PM

South Park basically kept Comedy Central afloat during its early years as an obscure cable network with struggling ratings. The network is so indebted to South Park (and the Daily Show) that both creators have a lot of free-reign over the content. I always liked that Parker and Stone wrote and directed every episode to maintain creative control and freedom, it's one reason South Park remained way more consistent in characterization and writing than The Simpsons and Family Guy which have a team of writers and directors that differ per episode. South Park is written more like a British TV show with small seasons all managed by the same group of people.

by Anonymousreply 73November 6, 2022 1:17 AM

I often hate myself for it - but I do find South Park consistently witty and funny. The only cartoon show I have ever liked. Makes me wonder if I’m libertarian - though have always voted hard Dem. But they write good social commentary.

by Anonymousreply 74November 6, 2022 2:03 AM

I think like Mike Judge, they mock both sides but I can't see them as legitimate conservatives because they have a strong sense of humor that leans heavily subversive and anarchist. Conservatives are authoritarian and literalist thus are not funny at all. No conservative could write South Park or King of the Hill but then no dyed-in-wool liberal could either in fear of offending too many people. Most of South Park's fans definitely lean left. It was conservatives trying to get the show canceled for years just like with Beavis and Butthead and Married... with Children.

by Anonymousreply 75November 6, 2022 2:07 AM

Matt/Trey could be insightful and humanist at the prime of South Park, but in the past few years they've gotten bitter and old.

by Anonymousreply 76November 6, 2022 5:36 AM

I quit watching the show after I realized they meant it when they said they REALLY hated liberals.

by Anonymousreply 77November 6, 2022 5:41 AM

[quote]They mocked her because the state-wide celebrity boycott she led had the brilliant idea of publicly dubbing Colorado "The Hate State". Now it might just be me, but I fail to see how generalizing an entire state can be productive and serve as a vehicle for rapport.

She wasn't trying to create a "vehicle for rapport," whatever that even means.

[quote]Colorado's Amendment 2 and California's Prop 8 passed by the same margins, but of course there were no calls to boycott all of California and name it "The Loathsome State".

There were 16 years between these two votes, and Streisand was criticized by everyone for her 1992 call to boycott Colorado, so what on earth makes you think she'd do it again for Prop 8 years later? She DID speak out about Prop 8 frequently both before it was passed, holding fundraisers against Prop 8, and then afterwards, where she worked along with other celebrities to help fund the fight to take it to the courts, where it was overturned.

Here we are in 2022, and you and your widdle South Park hewwos are still shitting all over one single celebrity for what she did 30 years ago in 1992, ignoring that she changed her ways and stopped acting in the way that you hated, and did more good on a similar issue in 2008. It's not because of any moral or ethical viewpoints of yours that she offended, it's just because you hate her because a couple of libertarian shitballs told you to.

by Anonymousreply 78November 6, 2022 5:19 AM

Of course the creator of South Park has coke nose. That show is some of the highest, drugged-out nonsense on mainstream tv and I love it for its manic irreverence.

by Anonymousreply 79November 6, 2022 5:24 AM

[quote]Here we are in 2022, and you and your widdle South Park hewwos are still shitting all over one single celebrity for what she did 30 years ago in 1992, ignoring that she changed her ways and stopped acting in the way that you hated, and did more good on a similar issue in 2008. It's not because of any moral or ethical viewpoints of yours that she offended, it's just because you hate her because a couple of libertarian shitballs told you to.

We are? Because I thought we were correcting your narrative that they’re big mean homophobes who simply hate Streisand because she had the nerve to speak up for gay people--which we did.

Now you’re being defensive. Be an adult. Take the L. It happens to everyone.

by Anonymousreply 80November 6, 2022 10:07 AM

The episode with Big Gay Al and Stan's gay dog (voiced by George Clooney) was very progressive for 1997. But like most things of that time it aged poorly. Chef and Token were great characters who called out the microaggressions and casual, PC-style racism of the small mountain podunk town, as a black guy who grew up in a majorly white town. It's spot-on.

by Anonymousreply 81November 6, 2022 2:50 PM

Yep R59, they went after Madge

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82November 6, 2022 3:14 PM

Trey has a little boy grown old feeling about him, like he can be sweet but also bratty and tantrum-prone. The immaturity is why he's been able to make a show about third grades for 25+ years.

Matt seems more practical and adult, though I think he has stronger dickish tendencies.

by Anonymousreply 83November 6, 2022 6:45 PM

I can't imagine Stone and Parker are popular with Hollywood after mocking every major power player. And they tend to be spot-on. The only other show I can compare to it is Drawn Together, Duckman or The Boondocks (especially the BET episode) or the first Shrek (a kid-friendly version) which both went hard on mocking certain celebrities and executives.

by Anonymousreply 84November 6, 2022 6:46 PM

Here's the hilarious guest appearance Madonna makes when Kenny is dying.

One of the things I've always liked about South Park is that they make fun of all kinds of celebrities. If you'll notice, SNL on the other hand stopped making fun of most celebrities long ago other than politicians and news personalities, and even in the latter case they often draw the line (they had a hilarious skit years ago mocking how awful Andy Cohen and WWHL are, and then they never did it again, apparently because Cohen threw a major shit-fit).

by Anonymousreply 85November 6, 2022 7:01 PM

Opps, forgot the Madonna appearance on SP:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86November 6, 2022 7:01 PM

Yes, SNL is so obnoxious with it's celebrity ass-kissing now. Nobody wants to see celebrities be celebrated and have them lecture us on politics and mock politicians. It's beyond hypocritical that celebs who have wealth, power and privilege hate being made fun of yet will mock others with wealth, power and privilege.

by Anonymousreply 87November 6, 2022 7:04 PM

Both Parker and Stone when they became rich and famous had the happier-than-a-pig-in-shit phenomenon that Martin Scorsese examined in "The Wolf of Wall Street" and Brian de Palma did in "Scarface": they immediately did tons of coke, and hung out at the Playboy Mansion and fucked tons of strippers. I can see why they would have wanted to do that but it's not good for you in the long run (look at Parker's nose).

by Anonymousreply 88November 6, 2022 7:05 PM

R85 r87 yes. I've noticed how cowardly and lame SNL is when it comes to mocking major celebs. They will only go after people who won't bite back or D listers. Remember their super edgy skit mocking the long forgotten Black eyed peas....in 2022? Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 89November 6, 2022 7:58 PM

You know that SNL won’t be doing any Alec Baldwin skits.

by Anonymousreply 90November 7, 2022 2:06 AM

Stop talking about fucking SNL in the Trey Parker thread. Get your own thread for that hackneyed, mainstream garbage for mouth-breathers.

by Anonymousreply 91November 7, 2022 9:22 PM

R91 I much preferred In Living Color and MadTV which reached levels of insanity that SNL never would.

by Anonymousreply 92November 7, 2022 9:24 PM

I kinda want to fuck him I’ll be honest.

by Anonymousreply 93November 7, 2022 9:39 PM

R48 family guy has always been disjointed and terrible.

by Anonymousreply 94November 7, 2022 9:48 PM

Colorado is full of rightwing militias and shitheads who elect people like Lauren Boebert. But yeah, get mad at Barbra Streisand for boycotting a state that sends assholes to congress and passes homophobic laws.

by Anonymousreply 95November 7, 2022 10:13 PM

R95 Really? Despite eveything posted in this thread, you're STILL going with that?

They were mad that she referred to everyone in Colorado as "Hicks"--NOT because she boycotted anti-gay legislation. Also, because she sucks. Kinda like if someone said "All gays want to convert good-looking straight men"

Wait...

by Anonymousreply 96November 8, 2022 2:04 PM

R95 South Park makes fun of the right-wing redneck gun nuts too like Stan's Uncle Jimbo, Kenny's white trash parents on welfare and that whole "they took our jobs" episode.

by Anonymousreply 97November 9, 2022 12:40 AM

There was also a chicken fucker...

by Anonymousreply 98November 9, 2022 1:23 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!