Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lauren Graham on Split With Peter Krause: I Didn’t Ask ‘Fundamental Questions’

Bouncing back. Lauren Graham opened up about her split from Peter Krause for the first time — and revealed that they didn’t see eye to eye on a few important things.

"I think part of all the positives of having known each other for a really long time were there," Graham, 55, told People in an interview published on Wednesday, November 2. "And one of the negatives of that is we almost came into a relationship as people in their 40s without asking any of the questions people in their 40s should be asking.”

The Gilmore Girls alum — who first met Krause, 57, in 1995 while appearing on an episode of Caroline in the City — noted that the exes “had such a good time together,” which may have distracted her from their differences.

“I didn't maybe ask some fundamental questions about 'What are your values and what do you envision?' and those more grown-up things,” she confessed. “And then they just caught up with us."

Graham began dating Krause in 2010 after they started playing siblings on NBC’s hit drama Parenthood. The pair’s romance continued for more than a decade, but in spring 2021 the Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life actress revealed that her relationship with the 9-1-1 star was tested during the coronavirus pandemic.

“I think the reentry was more difficult,” Graham said during an April 2021 appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, noting that Krause quarantined with his 21-year-old son, Roman, when she was away for work. “It was more like they were the married couple, and I was the person who … they were like, ‘We don’t do it that way anymore.’ They were like, ‘No, no, no, this is how things happen.’”

Us Weekly confirmed in June that the twosome had quietly parted ways one year prior.

The Have I Told You This Already? Stories I Don't Want to Forget to Remember author, however, didn’t let her heartbreak stop her from moving forward. In fact, Graham channeled a lot of her energy into writing her latest book, which comes out on Tuesday, November 15.

"I just was not going to let [the breakup] flatten me," she explained to the outlet this month. "I was like, ‘OK, well, look at all the good stuff I have, and look at all the good times,' and 'I'm going to write this book.' Thank goodness I have these outlets and these stories to tell."

The Mighty Ducks: Game Changers star revealed that she “knew” she was “resilient because I just always have been.”

Growing up she recalled learning that "You take your knocks and don't complain. That's how I was always raised."

Throughout her healing process, Graham chose to lean into her work and briefly rented a beach house before coming back to her home in Los Angeles.

"I'm less on the run," the Because I Said So actress said, noting that time has helped her get closure. "Any pain still really has its moments. I was a contributor in the life of his child, and so we're connected. And yes, I'm in a better place, but it's still just a shame. It's just sad to me."

While the Hawaii native revealed that she is open to finding love again, she is currently focused on her career, which includes writing another book and enjoying the small things.

"I love a hot shower. I really love drinking tea and pretending I'm in the cast of The Crown. I have finally found pillows that I like," she concluded. "I don't know, I'm in a time of just enjoyment."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56November 10, 2022 4:10 AM

Peter is hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 3, 2022 5:10 AM

Like what?

LG: Are you a massive cunt? Because I am

Might have been a good start

by Anonymousreply 2November 3, 2022 5:11 AM

JFC You can hear the wind going through her ears, What a bore.

by Anonymousreply 3November 3, 2022 5:13 AM

[quote] “I think the reentry was more difficult,” Graham said during an April 2021 appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, noting that Krause quarantined with his 21-year-old son, Roman, when she was away for work. “It was more like they were the married couple

What a weird thing to say about a dad and his son.

That's his KID, for fuck's sake.

by Anonymousreply 4November 3, 2022 5:17 AM

He did such a great job playing Nate Fischer that I still think of him as a directionless douche-bro with anger issues. I have no idea what he's actually like.

by Anonymousreply 5November 3, 2022 8:54 AM

Can't blame him for dumping her for Roman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 3, 2022 9:29 AM

^link did not work for me

by Anonymousreply 7November 3, 2022 9:32 AM

[quote]Growing up she recalled learning that "You take your knocks and don't complain. That's how I was always raised."

I mean, she complains a lot for not complaining.

by Anonymousreply 8November 3, 2022 9:34 AM

I don't think the stuff about Peter and his son was all that weird. I think leaving to go to work as usual, coming back, and being told constantly that the way you do everyday things is wrong and you have to change would be extremely stressful, especially if two people were sort of ganging up against you about it. It sounds like they were making her feel like an outsider, so she just left.

by Anonymousreply 9November 3, 2022 9:36 AM

Peter Krause decided he wants value the cock and no longer envisions the vagina?

by Anonymousreply 10November 3, 2022 10:20 AM

Why did I read that snore fest. Why does US Magazine still exist and how dit the author "Johnni Macke" fuck up her career to have to "write" something so empty. About Lauren Graham, who has nothing to say and nobody cares about, but for some reason writes books that get published. I assume OP posted it so we could snark and laugh, but there are no laughs.

by Anonymousreply 11November 3, 2022 10:22 AM

He loves his son. What about ME?

by Anonymousreply 12November 3, 2022 10:28 AM

Weren't there rumors of her and the redhead from Desperate Housewives?

by Anonymousreply 13November 3, 2022 11:15 AM

I knew she'd told that quarantine story before. It does sound like he got weird.

[Quote]“Peter started a thing, I guess just to make COVID life fun, where he’d go to the store and stock up on ridiculous amounts of whatever and leave it in the corner of the living room and then he’d call it ‘COVID corner,” she said, “as if that somehow made these piles of stuff fun, or like a place to visit, or like a place to show the guests, even though nobody’s coming over. But he’d be like, ‘Hey guys, have you seen COVID corner?’”

[Quote]When she did return home, “the house was a little different, "with “COVID corner” in full swing in their living room.

“There were more piles, I would say,” she said.

“But I felt like I had to respect COVID corner and allow it to exist because these times are tough and everyone’s dealt with it their own way,” she added. “So if you need club soda or paper towels, come on over to COVID corner!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14November 3, 2022 11:42 AM

God I hate her. Every time I see her I just think about what a cunt she was on the Gilmore Girls set. She’s lucky she had any success. She’s average looking, has average talent, and is average in every way. She won the lottery in life and should be grateful.

by Anonymousreply 15November 3, 2022 11:45 AM

Ah, the article says it's from an old interview. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 16November 3, 2022 11:45 AM

No, I'm glad you posted that old interview, that "COVID corner" story explains a lot! I absolutely hate Lauren Graham and she was mean to a friend of mine who adored her, but I'm on her side with that one.

by Anonymousreply 17November 3, 2022 11:49 AM

She sounds like a dumb dumb.

by Anonymousreply 18November 3, 2022 11:55 AM

Peter Krause can get it.

Lauren Graham cannot.

by Anonymousreply 19November 3, 2022 12:01 PM

The Lauren Graham is evil stories are legion on here. But there are no details or specifics whatsoever. I’m not sure whether to believe them or not.

by Anonymousreply 20November 3, 2022 12:01 PM

It's vulgar to air such minor details about their life and that poor taste automatically makes her narrative of the details themselves suspect, at least to me.

I am perhaps biased in that I thought Peter as Nate Fisher was all kinds of yummy.

by Anonymousreply 21November 3, 2022 12:15 PM

Sorry, bitch, but I'm glad you set him free.

Now Peter's enormous cock is out there for the taking again.

by Anonymousreply 22November 3, 2022 12:20 PM

Nobody, but NOBODY, puts me in the "Covid Corner."

by Anonymousreply 23November 3, 2022 12:28 PM

So her not-asked fundamental questions would be about his loyalty to his son during an historic worldwide pandemic? I know I’m taking that piece out of context but that was kind of anticlimactic.

by Anonymousreply 24November 3, 2022 12:45 PM

I met his former girlfriend who was a vapid singer.

Then Lauren Graham.

The guy has horrible taste in women.

by Anonymousreply 25November 3, 2022 12:57 PM

I think the fundamental question, r24, was "if we're ever in a worldwide pandemic, are you going to hoard club soda and stash it in the corner of the living room?"

by Anonymousreply 26November 3, 2022 1:36 PM

[quote] The guy has horrible taste in women.

He's from Minnesota.

What do you expect?

by Anonymousreply 27November 3, 2022 6:48 PM

Is she hinting he went MAGA?

by Anonymousreply 28November 3, 2022 6:49 PM

[quote]Is she hinting he went MAGA?

That he took the pandemic so seriously would seem to rule that out.

by Anonymousreply 29November 3, 2022 6:51 PM

How big is his cock?

by Anonymousreply 30November 3, 2022 10:39 PM

R13 yes. That was blind item from a while ago. LG and MC. I fully believe it.

I think this was a bearding arrangement. Both PK and MCH do not seem straight to me. Peter K probably got sick of dealing with LG and who wouldn't. I couldn't stand her character on either show, Gilmore Girls, or Parenthood. What a whiny, navel gazing, cup cradling, live laugh love type, she comes across as.

by Anonymousreply 31November 3, 2022 10:46 PM

How can a couple possibly be together over 10 years and “fundamental questions” not come up???

by Anonymousreply 32November 3, 2022 10:54 PM

Any stories of her behaviour during Gilmore bores?

by Anonymousreply 33November 3, 2022 11:00 PM

Until someone produces receipts I'm not going to believe she's the mega cunt she's purported to be. You think with as much as people claim she's the biggest fucking bitch that ever lived there would be like one single story with details other than this one time she was kind of catty about the background actors.

by Anonymousreply 34November 3, 2022 11:09 PM

Lol R33.

It's GilBORE Girls.

by Anonymousreply 35November 3, 2022 11:09 PM

Peter needs a little lipo sucky-sucky on his neck and chin area.

Then he would look amazing for his age.

Don't let it go, Peter!

by Anonymousreply 36November 4, 2022 6:43 AM

Fundamental questions? *Waits 3 years to find out he’s also a top*

by Anonymousreply 37November 4, 2022 6:49 AM

^How on earth would it take three years for that to manifest?

by Anonymousreply 38November 4, 2022 9:19 AM

Hmm.. a hot man on a hit show doesn't want to fuck the same tired piece every night? Shocking.

by Anonymousreply 39November 4, 2022 9:31 AM

r34, you always say that on these threads, and people always post links to the Facebook posts written by people who worked on the show, and then you stop posting, but then you come back the NEXT time Graham gets brought up and do it all again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40November 4, 2022 10:10 AM

[quote]I Didn’t Ask ‘Fundamental Questions’

Like, "How do you feel about a bitch with a waddle?"

by Anonymousreply 41November 4, 2022 10:56 AM

Our Pete isn’t aging very well. He used to be hawt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42November 4, 2022 11:07 AM

There are many, many, many receipts for Graham's cuntery.

by Anonymousreply 43November 4, 2022 1:22 PM

[quote] There are many, many, many receipts for Graham's cuntery.

And Peter's assholery.

I heard he was a real jerk on the set of Six Feet Under.

by Anonymousreply 44November 4, 2022 4:51 PM

Oh, really, R44? I wouldn't totally surprised (as he seems masculine in a way that can end up being jerk-like) but what kind of stuff are we talking?

by Anonymousreply 45November 4, 2022 5:00 PM

[quote] Our Pete isn’t aging very well. He used to be hawt.

I will say it looks like he’s hit the gym hard for 911. And the shorter haircut suits him now that he’s older. I’d still do him, no question.

And 911 is crap TV but he’s got a producer’s credit so is likely raking in the dough.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46November 5, 2022 12:48 PM

A male DL poster blew Peter Krause at a party in the late 90s. He said Krause was nicely hung and very verbal.

by Anonymousreply 47November 5, 2022 2:12 PM

Fuck her

by Anonymousreply 48November 9, 2022 6:00 AM

Sure, Jan/R47.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49November 9, 2022 6:08 AM

Yeah all that's been said was that Graham didn't like extras on Gilmore Girls or something. Whoop de doo. Most leads don't.

by Anonymousreply 50November 9, 2022 6:15 AM

What's the deal with her hair? If doesn't normally get thicker in your 50s. Wig? Extensions? Tracks? What's the story...

by Anonymousreply 51November 9, 2022 6:16 AM

I've posted this before, but my sister, during the GG run, waited on Lauren and Melissa a few times at a fancy Hollywood brunch spot. Amazingly, it was Mellissa who was the cunt. Sis truly hater serving her. Sis also said that Lauren was always very sweet.

Take that for whatever it's worth.

Now back to Peter's verbal skills while receiving oral.... please.

by Anonymousreply 52November 9, 2022 8:15 AM

R17, "COVID corner" is a little weird, but it's not worth breaking up with somebody over if you love them otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 53November 9, 2022 8:28 AM

He was so hot on that Nazi episode of Seinfeld. The last re-watching of the series I ended up looking him up on IMDB. He was at his peak then. That was in the 90s when he appeared on Seinfeld.

by Anonymousreply 54November 9, 2022 9:40 AM

r49 the poster has been in several threads over the years. Get fucked.

by Anonymousreply 55November 9, 2022 1:11 PM

[quote] “I didn't maybe ask some fundamental questions about 'What are your values and what do you envision?' and those more grown-up things,” she confessed. “And then they just caught up with us."

Throwing shade while at the same time trying to appear that she’s not throwing shade. I don’t see them both participating in a Parenthood reunion anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 56November 10, 2022 4:10 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!